Page 1 of 41 
Username Post: Virtual Crop Week #46 - Laughing to Stay Warm - Come Join Us!        (Topic#1448765)
c-leaper
Queen
c-leaper

What is this thread about? Well, things get quiet here on the weekends, so a thread was started to just hang out and do a virtual crop. Since then it's grown into more. Several people are now "regular" including myself. We chat about anything and everything. We share our latest layouts, pictures, whatever interests us. We have fun and encourage each other. It's now all week long, too. Since it is a new thread each week, it's easier for anyone to join. Even though we start over each week, it's STILL pages and pages long. Don't be intimidated, we are happy to have anyone drop by and say hello. Some of us read all the replies and keep up, but it is not required. Warning: It can get addictive!

Most of us also really love bling and encourage bling usage! CLICK HERE

Come visit OUR GALLERY to meet some of the irregular regulars!

There are several of us who are dealing with weight/health issues, too, so we've started a HEALTHY CHALLENGE as a way to have support and accountability for whatever your goals may be.

So come on! Don't be bashful! And don't be afraid of the fact that this thread MOVES. Just jump in wherever we are, and we'll be glad to get you caught up on what's happening. We never know what we're going to talk about or how silly we will get. WARNING: Reading of, or participation in, this thread could result in food or drink being sprayed across your computer. Please practice proper food safety; eat and drink responsibly.

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia
In response to c-leaper

I'm here. I can't jump, though, still hurting.

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia
In response to BlingQueenRia

Jenni, just had to let you know that you started a food fight on FB....

darksideme
Queen
darksideme

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia
In response to darksideme

Anna, she started it. She threw cheesecake at me on FB, and I had to retaliate. I threw chocolate cake back.

darksideme
Queen
darksideme

Yummy

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia

See, if you were still on FB, we could throw food at you, too.

DawnInAZ
Queen
DawnInAZ

• c-leaper Said:
  • DawnInAZ Said:
  • c-leaper Said:

Dawn: so now its just Myspace.

Jenni: I have that one, too. What's your name on there?

Dawn: mrngstrgal

Jenni: I've watched DD use it for quite awhile now. I do like the way you automatically find out of any updates that your friends (and their friends) have made, instead of having to go looking for them.

Dawn: Myspace now has that function. Just recently updated the site.

Would've been a lot easier to find you if you didn't have all that ~~@@@@~~ stuff with your name.

(Says proudly) It's called Name Bling.

darksideme
Queen
darksideme

I'll stick with using myspace where it is safe.

DawnInAZ
Queen
DawnInAZ
In response to DawnInAZ

• c-leaper Said:
  • DawnInAZ Said:
  • moxiegirl23 Said:

The superstore is carrying STICKLES!

No, Dawn! No!

Boot Camp! Remember Boot Camp!

I abstained.

DawnInAZ
Queen
DawnInAZ

• DarkSideAnna Said:

Agreed. Plus FB felt like a playyard to me. Not that I am against the occasional pie in the face. But I have to have a REALLY good, logical reason to be there and could not think of one.

darksideme
Queen
darksideme
In response to DawnInAZ

• DawnInAZ Said:
  • DarkSideAnna Said:

Agreed. Plus FB felt like a playyard to me. Not that I am against the occasional pie in the face. But I have to have a REALLY good, logical reason to be there and could not think of one.

The only reason I have an account there is some friends I want to stay in touch with do not have myspace. I rarely use it and all of those extras feel so cluttered to me.

DawnInAZ
Queen
DawnInAZ
In response to DawnInAZ

• Texas Suzie Said:
I'm in extreme pain, can't do anything. I get hormonal depression with the stupid endo. The pain is just too much right now to be able to deal with all of this. And then the few people I tried to discuss this with say they're tired of hearing me whine. I never mention my pain to them anymore, but they're calling me whiney? After I just listened half an hour to her twisted ankle story??? I'm stressing her out, she says. *sigh*

Don't you have Planned Parenthood there that could see you for a huge discount?? Maybe you should consider this?

DawnInAZ
Queen
DawnInAZ
In response to DawnInAZ

• leebla Said:
Hey, someone do me a favor.....
Go to the superstore, look up stickles, click on baby blue, and look very closely at the bottle....what does it say in the upper left??

am I losing it?

haahah that's funny!! It says YELLOW.
The Cotton Candy one says the same thing. Must be a computer generated image.

DawnInAZ
Queen
DawnInAZ
In response to DawnInAZ

[quote=daezee][quote=c-le aper][quote=daezee][quote =c-leaper][quote=daezee]I 'm glad you are staying Vivian. I have now paused my TV and I am banning myself from here for the next several minutes until I force myself to finish my report card comments. You know that old saying, "if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all?" I feel like just putting a blank page on some of their report cards to make my point. I don't have very many of those...just one actually. Trying to find a positive to type. ...................still thinking...............hmmmmm................He always eats all of his lunch?!?
[/quote]

Is this still the one who can't read up to level and has no respect for authority?

[/quote]
That would be the one. His mom finally shaved off his mohawk because of his behavior. She thought that would work...threaten him that she would shave it if he didn't straighten up...didn't work. I'm kind of glad...I'd been having the urge to take scissors to the kids hair for weeks. He also lost his "2 carat diamond earring" so whew...that distraction is gone, too.
[/quote]

You are still teaching first grade, right?
[/quote]
Yes...first grade.
[/quote]

A mohawk and earring in FIRST GRADE??

darksideme
Queen
darksideme
In response to DawnInAZ

• DawnInAZ Said:

Cuz that's how they roll. yo.

darksideme
Queen
darksideme

I can't even post that with a straight face! The above phrase is so not fitting to anything I would actually say!

darksideme
Queen
darksideme

Dawn, are you still having kit ordering trouble?

DawnInAZ
Queen
DawnInAZ
In response to DawnInAZ

• c-leaper Said:
Ria: This is because I round my figures UP so I can work with whole numbers. If I spend, say, $13.49 at the LSS, I write down $14 and subtract $14. It's easier on me, and I build a little cushion in my account. Make sense? I got in that habit with my checking account so I wouldn't get overdrawn.

Jenni: I did that, too, when I was in college and managing my own account. Now that DH is in charge of the money, he wants to know where we stand, to the penny.

{{{{{{{{{{{{SUZIE}}}}}}}} }}}}}}

Anna: He tells me I'm hot....I think he is blind or something. He also says he honestly doesn't see that I have gained any weight. My pants say differently, but he still doesn't see it. I know he is not lying because this is the guy who will tell me "don't wear that jacket, it makes you look pregnant".

Ria: I hear ya, Viv. I think my own DH probably needs new glasses. He says I'm hot, too, but I don't feel hot

Vivian: I think my dh needs his eyes examined but I'll work with his delusion about me still being hot.

Jenni: Okay, I was going to mention this later, but since y'all were talking about it ANYhow....

Has anyone else seen this new show on Lifetime called "How to Look Good Naked"? (Remember, this is on a women's network, so it's not quite like it sounds.)

Actually, I've watched a couple eps and I've cried both times (mostly because I identify SO much with the women). The basic format is, Carson Kressley (sp?) from "Queer Eye for the Straight Guy" takes these women who feel horribly fat, takes them through some reality check exercises, helps them find and figure out what kind of clothes (and underthings) are best for them, gets them a hair-and-make-up makeover, then when they're feeling like they can take on the world, he'll talk them into doing a (very tasteful) nude photo shoot. Then one of the best pictures from the photo shoot is displayed on the side of a building where people can see it, and random passersby give their reactions to it.

It sounds hokey, but it really is terrific. I'm wondering how I can get myself on there. And yes, I'd do the photo shoot if I had to to get the rest of it.

Gonna post now....

DawnInAZ
Queen
DawnInAZ

• DarkSideAnna Said:
  • DawnInAZ Said:

DawnInAZ
Queen
DawnInAZ

• DarkSideAnna Said:

Nope.......shhhhhh

darksideme
Queen
darksideme
In response to DawnInAZ

• DawnInAZ Said:
  • c-leaper Said:
Ria: This is because I round my figures UP so I can work with whole numbers. If I spend, say, $13.49 at the LSS, I write down $14 and subtract $14. It's easier on me, and I build a little cushion in my account. Make sense? I got in that habit with my checking account so I wouldn't get overdrawn.

Jenni: I did that, too, when I was in college and managing my own account. Now that DH is in charge of the money, he wants to know where we stand, to the penny.

Anna: He tells me I'm hot....I think he is blind or something. He also says he honestly doesn't see that I have gained any weight. My pants say differently, but he still doesn't see it. I know he is not lying because this is the guy who will tell me "don't wear that jacket, it makes you look pregnant".

Ria: I hear ya, Viv. I think my own DH probably needs new glasses. He says I'm hot, too, but I don't feel hot

Vivian: I think my dh needs his eyes examined but I'll work with his delusion about me still being hot.

Jenni: Okay, I was going to mention this later, but since y'all were talking about it ANYhow....

Has anyone else seen this new show on Lifetime called "How to Look Good Naked"? (Remember, this is on a women's network, so it's not quite like it sounds.)

Actually, I've watched a couple eps and I've cried both times (mostly because I identify SO much with the women). The basic format is, Carson Kressley (sp?) from "Queer Eye for the Straight Guy" takes these women who feel horribly fat, takes them through some reality check exercises, helps them find and figure out what kind of clothes (and underthings) are best for them, gets them a hair-and-make-up makeover, then when they're feeling like they can take on the world, he'll talk them into doing a (very tasteful) nude photo shoot. Then one of the best pictures from the photo shoot is displayed on the side of a building where people can see it, and random passersby give their reactions to it.

It sounds hokey, but it really is terrific. I'm wondering how I can get myself on there. And yes, I'd do the photo shoot if I had to to get the rest of it.

Gonna post now....

That sure would be different seeing a billboard size(I am assuming) tastefully nude picture of yourself! I would be tempted to do something like that for some crazy reason.

Edited by DarkSideAnna on 01-17-08 11:26 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia

• DarkSideAnna Said:
  • DawnInAZ Said:

Bwa ha ha ha ha!!! Anna, that sounds so funny coming from you.

darksideme
Queen
darksideme
In response to DawnInAZ

• DawnInAZ Said:
  • DarkSideAnna Said:

Nope.......shhhhhh

Did you get the BoBunny Love kit or the one just posted yesterday(I think it was yesterday).

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia

• DarkSideAnna Said:
  • DawnInAZ Said:
  • c-leaper Said:

Gonna post now....

That sure would be different seeing a billboard size(I am assuming) tastefully nude picture of yourself! I would be tempted to do something like that for some crazy reason.

If anybody has a video iPod, iTunes is offering the first episode of Carson Kressley's show, "How To Look Good Naked." I was curious, and wanted to see, so I got it. (And I can't pass up anything interesting and FREE. ) I would think you could still get it even if you just have iTunes and a 'puter, but I have found that iTunes video just doesn't play as well on a 'puter as it does on an iPod. Just my two cents. Do I get any change from that?

darksideme
Queen
darksideme

• BlingQueenRia Said:
  • DarkSideAnna Said:
  • DawnInAZ Said:

You should have heard it in my head. Think Ben Stein's way of talking in my girly voice.

DawnInAZ
Queen
DawnInAZ

• DarkSideAnna Said:
  • DawnInAZ Said:
  • DarkSideAnna Said:

Nope.......shhhhhh

Did you get the BoBunny Love kit or the one just posted yesterday(I think it was yesterday).

(Whispers) BoBunny.

DawnInAZ
Queen
DawnInAZ

• DarkSideAnna Said:
  • BlingQueenRia Said:
  • DarkSideAnna Said:
  • DawnInAZ Said:

You should have heard it in my head. Think Ben Stein's way of talking in my girly voice.

hahahaha....awesome

darksideme
Queen
darksideme

• BlingQueenRia Said:
  • DarkSideAnna Said:
  • DawnInAZ Said:
  • c-leaper Said:

Gonna post now....

If anybody has a video iPod, iTunes is offering the first episode of Carson Kressley's show, "How To Look Good Naked." I was curious, and wanted to see, so I got it. (And I can't pass up anything interesting and FREE. ) I would think you could still get it even if you just have iTunes and a 'puter, but I have found that iTunes video just doesn't play as well on a 'puter as it does on an iPod. Just my two cents. Do I get any change from that?

I bet it would play better on an apple lappy than a windows one, though. I will have to try it on DH's.

darksideme
Queen
darksideme
In response to DawnInAZ

• DawnInAZ Said:
  • DarkSideAnna Said:
  • DawnInAZ Said:
  • DarkSideAnna Said:

Nope.......shhhhhh

(Whispers) BoBunny.

It's so pretty

DawnInAZ
Queen
DawnInAZ
In response to DawnInAZ

Finally caught up.
Gosh I hope Suzie is doing better.
If I could have, I would have come through this screen to help her.

DawnInAZ
Queen
DawnInAZ

[quote=DarkSideAnna][quot e=DawnInAZ][quote=DarkSid eAnna][quote=DawnInAZ][qu ote=DarkSideAnna]Dawn, are you still having kit ordering trouble?
[/quote]

Nope.......shhhhhh

[/quote]
[/quote]

(Whispers) BoBunny.
[/quote]
It's so pretty
[/quote]

uh huh.....me luvs it alot.

darksideme
Queen
darksideme

Sometimes I wish I could speak Japanese. Sure would aid when watching some Anime!

DawnInAZ
Queen
DawnInAZ
In response to DawnInAZ

I just got this "audio/visual" of Barry White saying, " Bo Bunny Love Kit baby."

darksideme
Queen
darksideme
In response to DawnInAZ

• DawnInAZ Said:
Finally caught up.

Someone needs to work on instantaneous molecular transference by PC or lappy.

DawnInAZ
Queen
DawnInAZ
In response to DawnInAZ

Ria, going shop it tomorrow?

darksideme
Queen
darksideme
In response to DawnInAZ

• DawnInAZ Said:

I just got this "audio/visual" of Barry White saying, " Bo Bunny Love Kit baby."

Ew!

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia

[quote=DarkSideAnna][quot e=BlingQueenRia][quote=Da rkSideAnna][quote=DawnInA Z][quote=c-leaper]Ria: This is because I round my figures UP so I can work with whole numbers. If I spend, say, $13.49 at the LSS, I write down $14 and subtract $14. It's easier on me, and I build a little cushion in my account. Make sense? I got in that habit with my checking account so I wouldn't get overdrawn.

Gonna post now....
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]
I bet it would play better on an apple lappy than a windows one, though. I will have to try it on DH's.
[/quote]
I never thought about it, but I bet you're right, Anna. I have a Windows Lappy. (Although I'm considering my next one to be an Apple MacBook. I think my iPod would be so happy. )

DawnInAZ
Queen
DawnInAZ

• DarkSideAnna Said:
  • DawnInAZ Said:

Ew!

Obviously getting tired here.

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia
In response to DawnInAZ

• DawnInAZ Said:
Ria, going shop it tomorrow?

Nope. It's too cold. I'll freeze my wipples off. If Jory goes to school, I think Lizzie and I are going to watch girl movies and have "craft time." (Translated: watch junior chick flicks like "Princess Diaries" and scrap.)

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia
In response to DawnInAZ

• DawnInAZ Said:
Finally caught up.

We all know you would, Dawn. 'Cuz you're just a sweetie like that.

darksideme
Queen
darksideme

Buy a Mac! You won't regret it. I love DH's and he loves it even more. His ipod and the macbook are muy simpatico.

DawnInAZ
Queen
DawnInAZ
In response to DawnInAZ

Apple anything is so blasted expensive. I REALLY REALLY wanted either an I-Mac or a Macbook.
Then I saw the prices and knew it was not happening.

darksideme
Queen
darksideme

Didja know you can get Windows for the Mac?

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia

I would be very surprised if Jory goes to school. It's 17* right now, and not expected to get much warmer. They had no school today (yesterday?) and Monday they're off for Martin Luther King Jr. Day. So if he goes, I'll be surprised.

DawnInAZ
Queen
DawnInAZ

• BlingQueenRia Said:
  • DawnInAZ Said:
Finally caught up.

We all know you would, Dawn. 'Cuz you're just a sweetie like that.

Suzie and I are very similar in many ways.
Sometimes when she posts a witty reply to someone I am in the middle of posting the same thing.
But I have not made any cartboys cry, so there is that.

darksideme
Queen
darksideme
In response to DawnInAZ

• DawnInAZ Said:
Apple anything is so blasted expensive. I REALLY REALLY wanted either an I-Mac or a Macbook.

There is a reason they are so expensive...because they can be. Totally worth it, IMO. No "blue screen of death". The photo editing program I like much better than photoshop. It's more user-friendly.

DawnInAZ
Queen
DawnInAZ

• BlingQueenRia Said:
I would be very surprised if Jory goes to school. It's 17* right now, and not expected to get much warmer. They had no school today (yesterday?) and Monday they're off for Martin Luther King Jr. Day. So if he goes, I'll be surprised.

When I was growing up in South Dakota, the only times they closed schools were real heavy snow.
I remember going to school on below zero days.

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia
In response to DawnInAZ

• DawnInAZ Said:

BUT...and keep in mind this is coming from a die-hard Microsoft fan, one who refused to even LOOK at a "Macintrash" or "Crapintosh." Seeing the new MacBooks is seriously changing my mind. They are now just as fast as the latest PCs, with just as much hard drive. And since they don't run on Windows Vista, but OS Leopard instead, they're going to be MUCH more reliable. And you won't have that problem of hardware not working, since every peripheral has drivers for Windows AND Mac. So I have changed my opinion on Apple products, they've come a long way over the years. And if you have any kind of iPod or iPhone, they'll be MUCH happier with a MacBook than with a Windows-based PC.

DawnInAZ
Queen
DawnInAZ

• DarkSideAnna Said:
  • DawnInAZ Said:

There is a reason they are so expensive...because they can be. Totally worth it, IMO. No "blue screen of death". The photo editing program I like much better than photoshop. It's more user-friendly.

Oh yes, I completely acknowledge that they are WORTH their price. Dawn just does not have a money tree out back to afford it.

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia
In response to DawnInAZ

• DawnInAZ Said:
  • BlingQueenRia Said:

When I was growing up in South Dakota, the only times they closed schools were real heavy snow.

This school district closes if it LOOKS like snow. So I would NOT be surprised to get a phone call at 5am from the district, saying there's no school. BTW, our district also has this nifty little feature where if there's an emergency early release or a snow day, the district can, with ONE call, reach every parent in the district. It's one of those pre-recorded things, but it works wonders.

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia
In response to DawnInAZ

• DawnInAZ Said:
  • DarkSideAnna Said:
  • DawnInAZ Said:

Oh yes, I completely acknowledge that they are WORTH their price. Dawn just does not have a money tree out back to afford it.

You mean when you blow your nose, you don't snot gold????

darksideme
Queen
darksideme
In response to DawnInAZ

• DawnInAZ Said:
  • DarkSideAnna Said:
  • DawnInAZ Said:

Methinks we need to find some money tree seeds.

darksideme
Queen
darksideme

• BlingQueenRia Said:
  • DawnInAZ Said:
  • BlingQueenRia Said:

This school district closes if it LOOKS like snow. So I would NOT be surprised to get a phone call at 5am from the district, saying there's no school. BTW, our district also has this nifty little feature where if there's an emergency early release or a snow day, the district can, with ONE call, reach every parent in the district. It's one of those pre-recorded things, but it works wonders.

'Tis called a phone tree...I think

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia

• DarkSideAnna Said:
Buy a Mac! You won't regret it. I love DH's and he loves it even more. His ipod and the macbook are muy simpatico.

"Muy simpatico" translates to "Very nice." I'm assuming that's what you meant?

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia

• DarkSideAnna Said:
  • BlingQueenRia Said:
  • DawnInAZ Said:
  • BlingQueenRia Said:

I don't know...it calls every parent at the exact same time.

darksideme
Queen
darksideme

• BlingQueenRia Said:
  • DarkSideAnna Said:

Anna had 3 years of Spanish, so yes. Should have put "together" at the end of that sentence. Thought it, but typed to fast.

DawnInAZ
Queen
DawnInAZ

• BlingQueenRia Said:
  • DarkSideAnna Said:

It's also a very cool thing to say.

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia

• DarkSideAnna Said:
  • BlingQueenRia Said:
  • DarkSideAnna Said:

Anna had 3 years of Spanish, so yes. Should have put "together" at the end of that sentence. Thought it, but typed to fast.

Okay. Ria had 3 years of Spanish, too. Now she works surrounded by Latinos and is immersed in the Spanish language. Now she knows how to swear in Spanish.

DawnInAZ
Queen
DawnInAZ

[quote=BlingQueenRia][quo te=DarkSideAnna][quote=Bl ingQueenRia][quote=DawnIn AZ][quote=BlingQueenRia]I would be very surprised if Jory goes to school. It's 17* right now, and not expected to get much warmer. They had no school today (yesterday?) and Monday they're off for Martin Luther King Jr. Day. So if he goes, I'll be surprised.
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]

Naaa, a phone tree is diff. Anna calls Dawn who calls Jenni, who calls Ria, who calls Viv, etc etc. That is phone tree.
Ria, that sounds similar to a mass reverse 911.

darksideme
Queen
darksideme
In response to DawnInAZ

[quote=DawnInAZ][quote=Bl ingQueenRia][quote=DarkSi deAnna][quote=BlingQueenR ia][quote=DawnInAZ][quote =BlingQueenRia]I would be very surprised if Jory goes to school. It's 17* right now, and not expected to get much warmer. They had no school today (yesterday?) and Monday they're off for Martin Luther King Jr. Day. So if he goes, I'll be surprised.
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]

Naaa, a phone tree is diff. Anna calls Dawn who calls Jenni, who calls Ria, who calls Viv, etc etc. That is phone tree.
Ria, that sounds similar to a mass reverse 911.
[/quote]
There is a machine that calls a bunch of numbers at once that my MIL used for church. She called it a phone tree. I wonder if there is another name for it?

darksideme
Queen
darksideme

How many challenges are you in this month, Dawn?

DawnInAZ
Queen
DawnInAZ

• BlingQueenRia Said:
  • DarkSideAnna Said:
  • BlingQueenRia Said:
  • DarkSideAnna Said:

Okay. Ria had 3 years of Spanish, too. Now she works surrounded by Latinos and is immersed in the Spanish language. Now she knows how to swear in Spanish.

Dawn needs to take a Spanish class or two. Today I handled a call that made me literally hit my head on my desk multiple times.
Espaniol?
No, no espaniol.
Bueno, (starts rattling off Spanish anyways.)
(me speaking louder) No Habla Espaniol!
(Still rattling off Spanish)
(me yelling into the phone) NO HABLA ESPANIOL!!!!
(Still Spanish)
So I resort to saying, "Hello?" over and over til she stops the Spanish.
She says, "Gracias." and hangs up.

darksideme
Queen
darksideme
In response to DawnInAZ

[quote=DawnInAZ][quote=Bl ingQueenRia][quote=DarkSi deAnna][quote=BlingQueenR ia][quote=DarkSideAnna]Bu y a Mac! You won't regret it. I love DH's and he loves it even more. His ipod and the macbook are muy simpatico.
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]

Dawn needs to take a Spanish class or two. Today I handled a call that made me literally hit my head on my desk multiple times.
Espaniol?
No, no espaniol.
(Still Spanish)

[/quote]

Say "no speako el spanish-o" and they will get the hint faster.

DawnInAZ
Queen
DawnInAZ

• DarkSideAnna Said:

um....I guess I should go through and count em up. I have not been following many of them except the Use Your Supplies one cause its four weekly challenges.
Oh gosh I need to get week three done.
Church was called off Friday night, so three of us scrapgals are getting together to scrap, chat, and snack til all hours of the night.

DawnInAZ
Queen
DawnInAZ
In response to DawnInAZ

My state has a horrible problem with Spanish only people. It frustrates me so much in my job.

darksideme
Queen
darksideme
In response to DawnInAZ

Maybe I should join a challenge since I have been so "blah" about scrapping lately.

darksideme
Queen
darksideme
In response to DawnInAZ

• DawnInAZ Said:
My state has a horrible problem with Spanish only people. It frustrates me so much in my job.

I don't think it is just your state

darksideme
Queen
darksideme

My siggy feels so lonely without my Borg and Vader smileys.

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia
In response to DawnInAZ

[quote=DawnInAZ][quote=Bl ingQueenRia][quote=DarkSi deAnna][quote=BlingQueenR ia][quote=DarkSideAnna]Bu y a Mac! You won't regret it. I love DH's and he loves it even more. His ipod and the macbook are muy simpatico.
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]

Espaniol?
No, no espaniol.
(Still Spanish)

[/quote]
Dawn, Dawn, Dawn. Poor Spanishly-challenged Dawn. Poor Spanish-impaired Dawn. If you'd called her a "puta" (pronounced POO-tah) you'd have made her hopping mad. That translates to bh.

DawnInAZ
Queen
DawnInAZ
In response to DawnInAZ

• DawnInAZ Said:
  • DarkSideAnna Said:

um....I guess I should go through and count em up. I have not been following many of them except the Use Your Supplies one cause its four weekly challenges.
Oh gosh I need to get week three done.
Church was called off Friday night, so three of us scrapgals are getting together to scrap, chat, and snack til all hours of the night.

I think the ones I have entered might number around ten or so, so far. I wanna do the Pet one and use a pet quote from the Quote challenge to cover both.
There were like several more I wanted to do and just have not been able to scrap much.
I may take another break for Feb.

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia

• DarkSideAnna Said:

darksideme
Queen
darksideme

[quote=BlingQueenRia][quo te=DawnInAZ][quote=BlingQ ueenRia][quote=DarkSideAn na][quote=BlingQueenRia][ quote=DarkSideAnna]Buy a Mac! You won't regret it. I love DH's and he loves it even more. His ipod and the macbook are muy simpatico.
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]

Espaniol?
No, no espaniol.
(Still Spanish)

[/quote]
Dawn, Dawn, Dawn. Poor Spanishly-challenged Dawn. Poor Spanish-impaired Dawn. If you'd called her a "puta" (pronounced POO-tah) you'd have made her hopping mad. That translates to bh.
[/quote]
Merde....oh wait, that French. My bad.

DawnInAZ
Queen
DawnInAZ

[quote=BlingQueenRia][quo te=DawnInAZ][quote=BlingQ ueenRia][quote=DarkSideAn na][quote=BlingQueenRia][ quote=DarkSideAnna]Buy a Mac! You won't regret it. I love DH's and he loves it even more. His ipod and the macbook are muy simpatico.
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]

Espaniol?
No, no espaniol.
(Still Spanish)

[/quote]
[/quote]
Isn't "chinga tay" a bad one too?

DawnInAZ
Queen
DawnInAZ

• DarkSideAnna Said:
Maybe I should join a challenge since I have been so "blah" about scrapping lately.

I will have to admit that challenges have helped me greatly with getting pages done.

darksideme
Queen
darksideme

• BlingQueenRia Said:
  • DarkSideAnna Said:

When the new site updated, they wouldn't work anymore. I even tried redoing them and it didn't work.

DawnInAZ
Queen
DawnInAZ
In response to DawnInAZ

I may have to go to a funeral next week.
My best friend's dad is on life support. He has alot of bad health problems and is in pain all the time.

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia
In response to DawnInAZ

[quote=DawnInAZ][quote=Bl ingQueenRia][quote=DawnIn AZ][quote=BlingQueenRia][ quote=DarkSideAnna][quote =BlingQueenRia][quote=Dar kSideAnna]Buy a Mac! You won't regret it. I love DH's and he loves it even more. His ipod and the macbook are muy simpatico.
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]

Espaniol?
No, no espaniol.
(Still Spanish)

[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]

Yes. "tay" is actually spelled "te" and it means fk you.

DawnInAZ
Queen
DawnInAZ

• DarkSideAnna Said:
  • BlingQueenRia Said:
  • DarkSideAnna Said:

When the new site updated, they wouldn't work anymore. I even tried redoing them and it didn't work.

I wonder why.

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia
In response to DawnInAZ

• DawnInAZ Said:
  • DarkSideAnna Said:

I will have to admit that challenges have helped me greatly with getting pages done.

Challenges also help me to spice things up a bit. I never would have thought to use a Celine Dion song title for a LO title.

DawnInAZ
Queen
DawnInAZ

[quote=BlingQueenRia][quo te=DawnInAZ][quote=BlingQ ueenRia][quote=DawnInAZ][ quote=BlingQueenRia][quot e=DarkSideAnna][quote=Bli ngQueenRia][quote=DarkSid eAnna]Buy a Mac! You won't regret it. I love DH's and he loves it even more. His ipod and the macbook are muy simpatico.
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]

Espaniol?
No, no espaniol.
(Still Spanish)

[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]

OMG

darksideme
Queen
darksideme
In response to DawnInAZ

• DawnInAZ Said:

I thought it was "chingawa"....at least that is what a certain person who may or may not be related to me says.

darksideme
Queen
darksideme
In response to DawnInAZ

• DawnInAZ Said:
I may have to go to a funeral next week.
My best friend's dad is on life support. He has alot of bad health problems and is in pain all the time.

darksideme
Queen
darksideme

• BlingQueenRia Said:

Bwahaha!

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia

• DarkSideAnna Said:
  • DawnInAZ Said:

I thought it was "chingawa"....at least that is what a certain person who may or may not be related to me says.

Depends on the Spanish dialect. There are so many more dialects of Spanish than there are English. Mexicans speak a different dialect than the Spaniards do and the Spaniards speak a different dialect than the Hondurans, who speak a different dialect from the El Salvadoreans who speak a different dialect from the Puerto Ricans, and it goes on and on and on. Yet everybody understands each other. Go figure.

darksideme
Queen
darksideme

• BlingQueenRia Said:
  • DarkSideAnna Said:
  • DawnInAZ Said:

Depends on the Spanish dialect. There are so many more dialects of Spanish than there are English. Mexicans speak a different dialect than the Spaniards do and the Spaniards speak a different dialect than the Hondurans, who speak a different dialect from the El Salvadoreans who speak a different dialect from the Puerto Ricans, and it goes on and on and on. Yet everybody understands each other. Go figure.

True, true.

DawnInAZ
Queen
DawnInAZ

Good grief, I have to be up in four hours. And I seriously think I can stay up super late scrapping Friday night?

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia

• DarkSideAnna Said:
  • BlingQueenRia Said:
  • DarkSideAnna Said:
  • DawnInAZ Said:

True, true.

[gets a visual of the four of us standing side-by-side outside in the yard]

[we each grab a can of soda (NOT beer) and snap it open]

"Yup."

"Yup."

"Yup."

"Mmm-hmm."

("King of the Hill")

DawnInAZ
Queen
DawnInAZ
In response to DawnInAZ

I started watching the Iron Chef America tonight but got caught up in the Suns game and missed the end. They were preparing Cowboy Babyback ribs. Bobby Flay was the Iron Chef!
Am I weird if I dig him?
(I mean REALLY dig him.)

darksideme
Queen
darksideme
In response to DawnInAZ

• DawnInAZ Said:
Good grief, I have to be up in four hours. And I seriously think I can stay up super late scrapping Friday night?

Cat-nap before scrapping on Friday?

DawnInAZ
Queen
DawnInAZ

• DarkSideAnna Said:
  • DawnInAZ Said:

I wish.
I leave work at five, drive home, change clothes, grab crop bags and head over.

darksideme
Queen
darksideme
In response to DawnInAZ

• DawnInAZ Said:
I started watching the Iron Chef America tonight but got caught up in the Suns game and missed the end. They were preparing Cowboy Babyback ribs. Bobby Flay was the Iron Chef!
Am I weird if I dig him?
(I mean REALLY dig him.)

Naw, not weird. A man that can cook like that is very attractive.

darksideme
Queen
darksideme
In response to DawnInAZ

• DawnInAZ Said:
  • DarkSideAnna Said:
  • DawnInAZ Said:

I wish.

CAFFEINE!

DawnInAZ
Queen
DawnInAZ

• DarkSideAnna Said:
  • DawnInAZ Said:
Am I weird if I dig him?
(I mean REALLY dig him.)

And OH BABY, does he SIZZLE!!!

darksideme
Queen
darksideme

[quote=BlingQueenRia][quo te=DarkSideAnna][quote=Bl ingQueenRia][quote=DarkSi deAnna][quote=DawnInAZ]
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]
True, true.
[/quote]

[gets a visual of the four of us standing side-by-side outside in the yard]

[we each grab a can of soda (NOT beer) and snap it open]

"Yup."

"Yup."

"Yup."

"Mmm-hmm."

("King of the Hill")
[/quote]
Glad you said "not beer". That would have been icky.

DawnInAZ
Queen
DawnInAZ

• DarkSideAnna Said:
  • DawnInAZ Said:
  • DarkSideAnna Said:
  • DawnInAZ Said:

I wish.

CAFFEINE!

Most excellent idea. STARBUCKS! White Choc Mocha with a couple espresso shots.

darksideme
Queen
darksideme
In response to DawnInAZ

• DawnInAZ Said:
  • DarkSideAnna Said:
  • DawnInAZ Said:
Am I weird if I dig him?
(I mean REALLY dig him.)

And OH BABY, does he SIZZLE!!!

DawnInAZ
Queen
DawnInAZ
In response to DawnInAZ

I was never a beer lover.
I do love Merlot however.

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia

Oh good granny. I just found a nifty little freebie toy that could keep me occupied for weeks, methinks. It's called Envisioneer Express and it lets you play with designing floorplans. Yup, I'm still on a floorplan kick. I love to just play with them.

darksideme
Queen
darksideme
In response to DawnInAZ

[quote=DawnInAZ][quote=Da rkSideAnna][quote=DawnInA Z][quote=DarkSideAnna][qu ote=DawnInAZ]Good grief, I have to be up in four hours. And I seriously think I can stay up super late scrapping Friday night?
[/quote]
[/quote]

I wish.
[/quote]
CAFFEINE!
[/quote]

Most excellent idea. STARBUCKS! White Choc Mocha with a couple espresso shots.
[/quote]
I had that the other night....yum! Make it a triple for full scrapping power!

Page 1 of 41 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics