Page 1 of 185 
Username Post: Beware of the felt monsters....come chat...late night scrappers        (Topic#1448883)
scrappychicdesigns
Mayor
scrappychicdesigns

ATTN: Late night regulars...here is what's going on!

Rak list: If you haven't pm'd pooka and I yet please do with the following info...
screen name
real name
email
snail mail
allergies
bday
and what sites you have wish lists at and under what names

***If you do not want your info to be pm'd to all members of the group pm me before April 1st!!!

CHALLENGES

Scrap your name atcs: use your real or screen name and create one artist trading card (2.5x3.5) for each letter. The card should represent you but only use things that go with that letter.

EKOD (evil kitten of doooooom) atcs: Create your version of kitten of dooooom atc card

Ghosty posty: Create an atc with your take on our haunted ghosty posty here!

Felt monsters (by popluar demand): Do you have felt laying around? Here you go... create any kind of monster with fabric, felt, or whatever else you can find around the house!!! On April 1st (fool's day) we will be having a "Monster Mash" here so put your monster in your avitar and come play with us!!!

Whenever creating pieces for the challenge, if you are able please link a pic in the thread so we can all enjoy!!!

Fiber Swap (Try no buy!!!)
I will take sign ups for the next week or so and I think doing this round robin would be best so here it goes...

You will send to me zipock bags with 5yards of one fiber per bag...you will get back as many bags as you send.

Please label your bags with your name!!!

Also send postage bla bla bla if you need more detail just ask...regular swap rules apply.

Due to me by May 1st

feel free to ask any questions!

Edited by scrappychicdesigns on 04-02-08 07:39 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

JayAndXansMom
Queen
JayAndXansMom
In response to scrappychicdesigns

Hey Nicole! How are you girl??

scrappychicdesigns
Mayor
scrappychicdesigns
In response to JayAndXansMom

yay angie!

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 01-18-08 08:18 PM

Everybody can use a little sexy!

scrappychicdesigns
Mayor
scrappychicdesigns

Sorry I was recruiting some of the old gang! Hope you are still here!

I'm good busy as always, what's new with you? Swapping still? I've moved onto challenges. LOVE THEM!

JayAndXansMom
Queen
JayAndXansMom

I'm doing very few swaps! I'm going to school full time and that doesn't leave a lot of time for swaps.

How are the kids??

scrappychicdesigns
Mayor
scrappychicdesigns

hi Andrea!!! Yeah on the old thread I would start singing when things got slow. For some reason my girls don't like J. Timberlake lol well no accounting for taste JK!

scrappychicdesigns
Mayor
scrappychicdesigns

you go Angie!!! We get Marsha out and you start up... what's up with that. Lol. The boys are good. Brenen will be one in two months!!!! Ahhhh! I'm so not ready!

JayAndXansMom
Queen
JayAndXansMom

I'm actually gonna be heading to bed in a few. It's been a long day..and I need some sleep!

scrappychicdesigns
Mayor
scrappychicdesigns

Must say I love challenges. Want to see my newest los?

JayAndXansMom
Queen
JayAndXansMom

• Scrappychicdesigns Said:
you go Angie!!! We get Marsha out and you start up... what's up with that. Lol. The boys are good. Brenen will be one in two months!!!! Ahhhh! I'm so not ready!

Well I have been going to school since August of 'O6 actually. But it's just steadily been getting more difficult. I only have two more semesters to go thankfully! I'm so ready to be done!

I can't believe that he is almost 1! Seems like yesterday he was born! When is his birthday??

scrappychicdesigns
Mayor
scrappychicdesigns

night Angie

JayAndXansMom
Queen
JayAndXansMom

Must say I love challenges. Want to see my newest los?

Sure! I have only done a few challenges here. Just don't have the time to keep up with them. One day I will though!

JayAndXansMom
Queen
JayAndXansMom

I'm not leaving yet..lol!

Lefa
Lefa 
Angel
Lefa
  • Lefa on 01-18-08 08:26 PM

Hi. I'm scrappin now. And it's late.

scrappychicdesigns
Mayor
scrappychicdesigns

March 19th I know crazy!

JayAndXansMom
Queen
JayAndXansMom

March 19th I know crazy!

Aww..my mom's b-day is March 18th. Xander turns 3 on March 1st...seems just like yesterday he was born too!

scrappychicdesigns
Mayor
scrappychicdesigns

hey leah welcome!!!

ok ang give me a minute I'll go get those los

JayAndXansMom
Queen
JayAndXansMom

Hey Leah!
Hey Andrea!(sorry I didn't say that sooner)

scrappychicdesigns
Mayor
scrappychicdesigns

ok this one is for the celine dion challenge. you had to use the title of one of her songs as your title

A new day has come By Scrappychicdesigns

JayAndXansMom
Queen
JayAndXansMom

oh..that is pretty Nicole..I like!

scrappychicdesigns
Mayor
scrappychicdesigns

technique challenge had to embed an embellishment in paint ( i did the chipboard button into black paint)

notice the avitar lol

I Create layout **Sorry bad pic*** By Scrappychicdesigns

JayAndXansMom
Queen
JayAndXansMom

Very nice. I left you some love in your gallery. I would love to stay around to see more..but ye old eyes are slowly closing. Good night girls! Maybe I can stay longer tomorrow night!

scrappychicdesigns
Mayor
scrappychicdesigns

lol then you saw the checkers one that's for every child should challenge

scrappychicdesigns
Mayor
scrappychicdesigns

I'll be here! nighters! xoxoxo

scrappychicdesigns
Mayor
scrappychicdesigns

anyone else scrapping!!!! Come on join the party! I'm buzzing on caffine boping to music while typing! Yes I'm a dork and embrace the nerdy

spend2much
Diva
spend2much

And I thought everyone was taking the same sleeping pill
How do u guys remember everyone's names? I see them and still 4get them
I'm sure some of u know who I am and don't care 2 4 me and I don't care. I'm here cuz of my hobby just like u so please don't start the bashing again if I voice my OPINION! Remember....it's only an opinion and we ALL have them. If my opinion isn't the same as ur's that doesn't make me a bad person, just a person w/an opinion.
Now....where's the lady who makes all the cards. She used 2 b up most of the night cuz of her dh's work schedule, I 4got her name.
Anyone make any cards using the Two Scoops yet?
I remember someone here had a baby, who was that and how r they doing?

scrappychicdesigns
Mayor
scrappychicdesigns
In response to spend2much

no cards but did the lo above with it.

Hi Louise!

scrappychicdesigns
Mayor
scrappychicdesigns

I had the baby and he is good turning one in two months!

scrappychicdesigns
Mayor
scrappychicdesigns

what is everyone working on tonight? I have to design page kits for work tonight or no pay check for me!

spend2much
Diva
spend2much

Holy cow! 1 year old so soon....what cha been feeding him?
I went and had coffee at my local coffee shop and showed the owner a LO I did on my dh and she took me 2 a store next 2 her's and showed me some greeting cards. These cards r made by folks like us. She said u can submit a phrase 2 use on a card and if they accept then they'll print up cards 4 sale w/ur name of the back just like a Hallmark card. I'm gona give it a try, can't hurt.
While I was there she found me this clear plastic heart w/leaves and flowers on 1 side so tonight I'm attempting 2 paint it using colors that will match the "Blush" collection, my favorite.

Edited by spend2much on 01-18-08 09:04 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

crazyaboutscrapping
Expert
crazyaboutscrapping

Hi, I'm still up. I need to get packed for a retreat that starts tomorrow at noon. I hope I can find all the pics i need.

crazyaboutscrapping
Expert
crazyaboutscrapping

Hi, I'm still up. I need to get packed for a retreat that starts tomorrow at noon. I hope I can find all the pics i need.

scrappychicdesigns
Mayor
scrappychicdesigns
In response to

good luck with the cards! Sounds like fun.

ooo a retreat can I go!!?!!! What fun! I have like 300 pics to develop on my camera. I'm not sure I like the bigger card for my camera I wait forever to print pics now lol

spend2much
Diva
spend2much
In response to crazyaboutscrapping

I see ur having the same problem I just had w/my post being put up twice.
How long is the retreat 4? Lucky u, have lots of fun. I hear many people don't get much done cuz of 2 much chatting but still they said they had fun. It is a scrap retreat right?

crazyaboutscrapping
Expert
crazyaboutscrapping

I know. I have a ton on my camera. Last time I went I ended up making a run to the local walmart to print some of the pics I had on my camera.

We always have so much fun and its only about $100. Isn't that great?

crazyaboutscrapping
Expert
crazyaboutscrapping

Its 2 1/2 days long. And I actually get quite alot of scrapping done.

scrappychicdesigns
Mayor
scrappychicdesigns

that's a great price. A friend of mine went last weekend and got 15 los done!

spend2much
Diva
spend2much

I print my photos at a Kodak Kiosk machine, much cheaper and once I know how many photos will fit on a cd that's when I stop using my memory card and start a new one so I don't go crazy trying 2 print like a thousand photos and I tend 2 do that often, ugg
I currently have over 200 photos 2 print and I'm lagging cuz it'll take some time.
There's always good photos 2 scrap. Any photo is a good photo 2 scrap in my opinion. There's a story in all photos whether good or bad.

scrappychicdesigns
Mayor
scrappychicdesigns

I always go to walmart and get the one hour. I love the matte finish and they always look good from walmart. Yep prob $75 worth of pics easy because I scrap mostly 5x7

spend2much
Diva
spend2much

15 LO's! She must have not done any chatting or maybe she's awesome at multi tasking. I wish I could do that many in a short time.

scrappychicdesigns
Mayor
scrappychicdesigns

and she is a high quality scrapper too, I was very impressed

spend2much
Diva
spend2much

NO no no girl! I agree that Wal Mart prints great matte photos but their photo cd's r horrible on the computer, at least 4 me they r. They told me the same thing so I use Kodak. It's really cheap if u order the 5x7's from the Kodak Gallery online. That's where I print photos larger than a 4x6 and the shipping is reasonable. I also use scrapbookpictures.com cuz u can order odd sizes and add borders on the photos and they look like rub-ons only cheaper.

spend2much
Diva
spend2much

Does she have a profile here? I'd like 2 c her work.

scrappychicdesigns
Mayor
scrappychicdesigns

ok trying to move the computer

Tukispunky
Veteran
Tukispunky

I always go to walmart and get the one hour. I love the matte finish and they always look good from walmart. Yep prob $75 worth of pics easy because I scrap mostly 5x7

Hi Ladies, I thought I was the only late night person here. I get my pics from Samsclub.com. I down load them from the computer. It cost me about 11 cents per photo.

scrappychicdesigns
Mayor
scrappychicdesigns

no she is a blogger not a forum girl at all

I don't even remember where she blogs at either, how horrible a friend am I.

scrappychicdesigns
Mayor
scrappychicdesigns

brb baby crying

spend2much
Diva
spend2much
In response to Tukispunky

I just joined Ritz Camera photo club. Now I pay .19 cents per print and I can drop off my memory card and pick them up later. I just bought a new digi camera and it came w/freebies, like 18 free digital camera classes, 20 free prints, a free photo cd AND and a free 20 page cloth covered photo book. All I need r the photos, words, title or whatever I want on each page and they do it 4 me.

marine-wife
Guru
marine-wife

Well i'm up, and sorta scrappin (sorting my pics online to get ready to print this weekend) but its only 7:30pm here

scrappychicdesigns
Mayor
scrappychicdesigns

ok how weird am I ? I've been on a lunch meat phase.. I love ham! No bread just ham please.

spend2much
Diva
spend2much

I don't read many blogs. I'd rather put my time in leaving comments and staying in touch w/my cyber friends.
Anyone here meet a friend from here yet?
I've met 2 so far and 1 of them turned out 2 b quite an #@*@#*@#* and the other is a wonderful friend.

scrappychicdesigns
Mayor
scrappychicdesigns
In response to marine-wife

ooo I want to be in Hawaii!

spend2much
Diva
spend2much

Me 2. Love ham w/o the bread. I can eat it all day and I'm not much of a meat eater.

Tukispunky
Veteran
Tukispunky

• spend2much Said:
I just joined Ritz Camera photo club. Now I pay .19 cents per print and I can drop off my memory card and pick them up later. I just bought a new digi camera and it came w/freebies, like 18 free digital camera classes, 20 free prints, a free photo cd AND and a free 20 page cloth covered photo book. All I need r the photos, words, title or whatever I want on each page and they do it 4 me.

Way to go with the new camera! I had a friend who dropped off her memory card and they lost all of her pictures. Please be careful!

spend2much
Diva
spend2much
In response to marine-wife

My biological father lived in Hawaii all my life. Him and his wife worked and retired from some big hotel there. He was the head chef and she was the head maid, both were not cool people.

scrappychicdesigns
Mayor
scrappychicdesigns

I met one but we didn't really stay in touch. I know southerncropper and Robin scrappintlc in real life. I've become close with a few girls I use to swap with. I love love love rn2007 Marsha is so sweet. We call each other once in a while.

spend2much
Diva
spend2much

Thanks 4 the heads up about that memory card being lost. I had my home robbed last year and all 6 of my memory cards were stolen w/over 200 photos on them.
I don't think I'll b dropping off my card. I'll just do it myself.

crazyaboutscrapping
Expert
crazyaboutscrapping

O.K. I have reviewed the pics that are aleardy printed and think I have enough to take without taking my large sorter box. I always end up taking the kitchen sink to these retreats because I want all the comforts of home (my pillows, blankets, etc.) and the convenience of most of my scrapbook stuff.

spend2much
Diva
spend2much

Yes, Marsha is really sweet. We used 2 b in touch once in a while but not anymore. She has this beautiful photo in her gallery of a young girl in a brides maid dress walking down some stairs and I keep waiting 4 a LO of this little girl. It's a beautiful photo.

scrappychicdesigns
Mayor
scrappychicdesigns

my cat is giving me the evil eye... I don't share my ham... lol he would just puke it up anyway!

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 01-18-08 09:33 PM

• JayAndXansMom Said:
Hey Leah!
Hey Andrea!(sorry I didn't say that sooner)

Sure you are Angie!

Tukispunky
Veteran
Tukispunky

I really don't know RN2007 all that well. I did a couple of swaps with her. She does seem to be a wonderful person. I am in the Disney LOTW swap that she angel hosting.

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 01-18-08 09:34 PM

technique challenge had to embed an embellishment in paint ( i did the chipboard button into black paint)

notice the avitar lol

I Create layout **Sorry bad pic*** By Scrappychicdesigns

This is just beautiful!

I love the way you turned it into an avie... what a neat idea!

spend2much
Diva
spend2much

• crazyaboutscrapping Said:
O.K. I have reviewed the pics that are aleardy printed and think I have enough to take without taking my large sorter box. I always end up taking the kitchen sink to these retreats because I want all the comforts of home (my pillows, blankets, etc.) and the convenience of most of my scrapbook stuff.

U r like my sister. Where ever she goes she takes her own blankets, pillows, and anything that's not nailed down. U should c her trunk, OMGosh, it's sooo funny!

scrappychicdesigns
Mayor
scrappychicdesigns

ok I'm here but give me a few minutes I have to cut some stuff, need both hands and since I'm getting paid by the hour I need to get something done!lol

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 01-18-08 09:37 PM

Marsha is the sweetest person you will ever meet. I can't for the life of me figure out how in the heck she gets it all done!

luckynewmom
Pro
luckynewmom

Hi everyone
Its 14:34 PM JApan time here and im alone in the living room because my DH is sleeping. He has a hungover from a late business meeting. Anyway, im usually up til mornin because im a night owl. I cant go to bed early.. so i understand why some people are still up.
I guess i have to wake up DH. i wanna watch a movie,I AM Legend is showing here right now. Anybody seen this film ?

Tukispunky
Veteran
Tukispunky
In response to luckynewmom

Hey Scrappinpassion... are you a Packer Fan? LOL My DS 21 is a big Packer Fan. We live in Philly and when he was in high school he would Proudly wear his Packer jacket.

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 01-18-08 09:40 PM

I have not seen that yet... but it looks pretty good... will smith is a cutie, so I guess who cares about a story! HEHE

scrappychicdesigns
Mayor
scrappychicdesigns

welcome lucky Wow Japan! My cousin is going there next year for a study program

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 01-18-08 09:42 PM

• Tukispunky Said:
Hey Scrappinpassion... are you a Packer Fan? LOL My DS 21 is a big Packer Fan. We live in Philly and when he was in high school he would Proudly wear his Packer jacket.

Hard to tell I am a fan... right?

WOW... talk about guts... Eagles fans are scarry! hehe

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 01-18-08 09:44 PM
In response to ScrappinPassion

Amanda... how is Hawaii? I haven't talked with you in so long!

Tukispunky
Veteran
Tukispunky

My DS is one the those persons that could pull off anything and still have peolpe love him. He is an outgoing kid!

Tukispunky
Veteran
Tukispunky

I wish I was in Hawaii!!!

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 01-18-08 09:46 PM

• Tukispunky Said:
My DS is one the those persons that could pull off anything and still have peolpe love him. He is an outgoing kid!

That is so cool... and, if I do say so myself... there is NO BETTER team to love than the Pack!

I went tothe last reg season game and it was 20 degrees and snowing and I thought that was bad... the game temp at kickoff this Sunday is supposed to be 5 with a windchill of 20 BELOW zero!
THOSE FANS ARE NUTS!

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 01-18-08 09:47 PM

Hawaii sounds AWESOME right now!

Heck... anywhere above zero sounds good right now!

scrappychicdesigns
Mayor
scrappychicdesigns

just sittin' here lovin' my big cricut. Hehe I have to make a girly page kit for work and the disney cart has purses and make up on it. Could it get any easier I think not!!!

chatty_scrapper
Expert
chatty_scrapper

Hi, I just got home a little bit ago from scrapping at a LSS. I was just getting into my groove when I had to wrap it up. But, not to worry. I'm going to an all day crop tomorrow. 8am to 12mid. Can't wait. I will be cropping to my hearts content.

I'm not tired so thought I'd check the boards.

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 01-18-08 09:48 PM
In response to chatty_scrapper

Lucky... I have never been to a crop... I guess I am too intimidated by the talent!

Tukispunky
Veteran
Tukispunky

just sittin' here lovin' my big cricut. Hehe I have to make a girly page kit for work and the disney cart has purses and make up on it. Could it get any easier I think not!!!

I just bought the BIG one today!!! Love my Little one!

scrappychicdesigns
Mayor
scrappychicdesigns
In response to chatty_scrapper

Hey Theresa! Which store were you at? I'm in Michigan too

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 01-18-08 09:50 PM

I had to sell my Cricut... I miss it for letters the most. I used it for fonts on EVERYTHING... I didn't even notice until it was gone...

crazyaboutscrapping
Expert
crazyaboutscrapping

I'm jealous of your big cricut....I know that I should just be happy for u that u have one, but....

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 01-18-08 09:51 PM

scrappychicdesigns
Mayor
scrappychicdesigns

• Tukispunky Said:

I just bought the BIG one today!!! Love my Little one!

absolutely love mine!!!!! I use it every time I scrapbook. I've made the money I paid for it, over and over againg!!!! I upgraded in October I'm so happy with it!

scrappychicdesigns
Mayor
scrappychicdesigns

why did u sell?

just go to walmart and pick one up!

scrappychicdesigns
Mayor
scrappychicdesigns

hehehe I'm bad I know!

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 01-18-08 09:56 PM

Well... to make a long story short... I thought my kids might like Christmas gifts.

I was diagnosed with Cancer last spring and lost my job due to treatments and surgery. I was unable to work and then unable to find a job.

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 01-18-08 09:59 PM

I am embarassed to ask...

What does: Boycott The L.S. Box!
mean?

scrappychicdesigns
Mayor
scrappychicdesigns

• ScrappinPassion Said:
Well... to make a long story short... I thought my kids might like Christmas gifts.

I was diagnosed with Cancer last spring and lost my job due to treatments and surgery. I was unable to work and then unable to find a job.

OMG! Baby I'm so sorry! How are things going now? Last year I was very sick (pregnant) and couldn't work so my son didn't have much of a Christmas. He was still young enough to be happy with clearance toys and some dollar store stuff.

Tukispunky
Veteran
Tukispunky

Andrea
I am Baby2thousnds Sister. I thought your name sounded familiar. You and your family have been in my thoughts and prayers!

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 01-18-08 10:03 PM

Well... I am doin lots better. I had some amazing angels who helped to make the holiday bright and last week I was offered a job as an agent with the WI Dept of Revenue! (I took the test for this position last MARCH!) So things are looking up in the new year.

Unfortunately we are WAY behind in bills... but hopefully we will rebound!

scrappychicdesigns
Mayor
scrappychicdesigns

it's a store that opened 1/2 a mile from the store I work at and they have stolen most of our sale specials, crop ideas, promotions,layout of our crop room and kitchen, etc. Plus have taken customers of course.

The Little Scrapbox

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 01-18-08 10:04 PM

• Tukispunky Said:
Andrea
I am Baby2thousnds Sister. I thought your name sounded familiar. You and your family have been in my thoughts and prayers!

OMG!!! She is such a sweetie! And she was one of my angels X2!

spend2much
Diva
spend2much

Ditto!!
I was gone only 4 a short time and came back 2 see so many things being talked about.
Anyone ever buy those plastic party favors and use them on a LO or card?
I started painting one and it's turning out nice so far. I just did the leaves. The great thing about these plastic favors is some of them r clear so they can be used as a ghost embellie. Only .25 cents each for a heart surrounded by leaves and flowers.

Tukispunky
Veteran
Tukispunky

• ScrappinPassion Said:
I am embarassed to ask...

What does: Boycott The L.S. Box!
mean?

I also was too embarassed to ask!

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 01-18-08 10:05 PM

it's a store that opened 1/2 a mile from the store I work at and they have stolen most of our sale specials, crop ideas, promotions,layout of our crop room and kitchen, etc. Plus have taken customers of course.

The Little Scrapbox

Oh... makes sense!!!

Thought I had really missed something!

A few weeks ago somebody had to explain to me what TIUAN meant in the swap threads... after a year of swapping on here... felt like an idiot... but hey, that is nothing new! hehe

spend2much
Diva
spend2much

• Tukispunky Said:
Andrea

She is my good friend. I just love her! She's got such a wonderful heart and a voice that sooths a person.

scrappychicdesigns
Mayor
scrappychicdesigns

I need to change my sig but I'm a little bitter lol

Page 1 of 185 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics