Page 1 of 35 
Username Post: Virtual Crop Week #47 - More Laughs than there are Snowflakes!        (Topic#1449795)
scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

What is this thread about? Well, things get quiet here on the weekends, so a thread was started to just hang out and do a virtual crop. Since then it's grown into more. Several people are now "regular" including myself. We chat about anything and everything. We share our latest layouts, pictures, whatever interests us. We have fun and encourage each other. It's now all week long, too. Since it is a new thread each week, it's easier for anyone to join. Even though we start over each week, it's STILL pages and pages long. Don't be intimidated, we are happy to have anyone drop by and say hello. Some of us read all the replies and keep up, but it is not required. Warning: It can get addictive!

Most of us also really love bling and encourage bling usage! CLICK HERE

Come visit OUR GALLERY to meet some of the irregular regulars!

There are several of us who are dealing with weight/health issues, too, so we've started a HEALTHY CHALLENGE as a way to have support and accountability for whatever your goals may be.

So come on! Don't be bashful! And don't be afraid of the fact that this thread MOVES. Just jump in wherever we are, and we'll be glad to get you caught up on what's happening. We never know what we're going to talk about or how silly we will get. WARNING: Reading of, or participation in, this thread could result in food or drink being sprayed across your computer. Please practice proper food safety; eat and drink responsibly.

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath
In response to scrappycath

• BlingPrincessRia Said:
Only got a second, just wanted to tell you about my horrible experience.

Placed TWO online orders, right? One from Frugalities and one from here. The Frugalities I paid extra for 2-3 day "rush" shipping so that the items I ordered from there would BE here when the order from here came, so I could work on my BoBunny book.

Get this mess. Not only did I NOT receive any kind of email confirmation from Frugalities, I had to check THEIR site to find out anything ABOUT my order, but it is now the 3rd day, and when I should be waiting for a package, they are just now picking it from the shelves!!! And that's RUSH shipping!!!

My order here? I ordered only a few hours before I ordered from Frugalities, and I only paid for standard shipping. And you know what? I got email confirmation right away, several of them in fact, AND I got a confirmation just yesterday saying it had already been shipped! I should receive it tomorrow or Saturday. (I'd like for everything to be here today or tomorrow so I can play on my weekend off, but such is life.)

Moral of the story: Order from HERE and noplace else. Shipping was less than $7 here for standard, already-in-the-mail-to-me shipping, and I paid $12-something for Frugalities to fool around with my stuff. Needless to say, I am NOT a happy camper and I sent them an email telling them so.

I have to go get Lizzie now, and go grocery shop-it, I'll be back shortly.

Just stay here this weekend and "play" with us!!

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

• DarkSideAnna Said:
Fun "getting to know you" exercise of the day:

Post something that you want to do, but have not told anybody before. It doesn't have to be big, extravagant, or exciting.

Hmmm???? Pick just one?

I would like to float in a glider to get the feeling of what it must be like to soar like a hawk.

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

• scrappycath Said:
  • DarkSideAnna Said:
  • LeahDee Said:
  • DarkSideAnna Said:
Fun "getting to know you" exercise of the day:

Post something that you want to do, but have not told anybody before. It doesn't have to be big, extravagant, or exciting.

I would like to return to school and become a dental hygienist.

That is what I originally wanted to go to school for.

That IS what I originally went to school for!!!

Amazing how life's changes got in the way - took me down some paths that I may not want to re-walk... but eventually got me to a wonderful place that I wouldn't trade for anything!!

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

• DarkSideAnna Said:
Warning TMI post:

I have had my period 3 times in the last 5 weeks. I thought the second time was a fluke and didn't worry about it, but now that I have it a 3rd time I know something is not right.

I can't get an appointment for 3 weeks!

Hope it is nothing! Eat raisins and spinach, etc ! Keep your iron up! And let us know hwo you make out with your appointment.

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

• c-leaper Said:
Aunt Heather called Kim about 20 minutes ago.

Grandpa Hall (who raised ED) passed away about 1:30 this afternoon local time.

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

morning. off to catch up.

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath
In response to moxiegirl23

What a fool am I? I actually thought I would catch up? Do I not know that I don't have time? But I really WANT to catch up! Oh the injustice of life!!!

Gotta go.

Hugs to those that need em.
Prayers for those that need em.
Laughs, smiles, and pats on the back to those that need em.

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

• Texas Suzie Said:
Today, I got my parents on the hospital's insurance. For the first time in 24 years, my parents will only have copays instead of nightmares. This alone, telling my daddy to no longer worry about the bottomless pit of debt he was accruing, this made me cry happiness and feel like dancing. (Picture Blues Brothers in the dancing chapel scene. I was Jake inside. ) I restrained myself enough to only the hug the social worker's neck.

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla

morning!

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to leebla

morning!

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to leebla

• NMlady Said:
Oh darn, Elizabeth has gone off to bed. Well maybe she will see this in the morning. I was wondering about sleep issues in teens. Is sleep apena always accompanied by bad snoring? My bff's hubby was diagnosed a couple years ago and I know that even as a teen he snored so very horribly. My DD doesn't snore but she is always tired and I was wondering if it might be sleep apnea. Then again I wonder if the prozac causes it. It's affecting school and was a problem even before she started working.

Joy, no sleep apnea is not always accompanied by loud snoring. So it is a possibility. But in kids, it usually has more to do with tonsils and adenoids not being removed. There also are other sleep disorders like narcolepsy to consider. How old is your daughter? Is she overweight?
Sleepiness is a side affect of Prozac, but if it is bad enough it is interfering with her life, then maybe there are other drugs to consider.
I would definately talk to the doctor about it.

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to leebla

another of my frustrating days...my younger two spend every other week with me, and the opposite week with their dad and big sister. They switch on Fridays. Leave for school from here...go home to there.
So on the Friday they leave, I feel like I should make sure I am up and around to see them.
Not sure why. dd does not emerge from her room until it is time to run to the bus. ds is in the bathroom until it is time to leave, showering and primping...it's too much hassle for him to make it to the bus so he walks the mile and a half. he stayed long enough to peel an orange to eat, got too text messages in that time, and got mad when I asked him a question.
And people wonder why I wanted a dog!!!!

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath
In response to leebla

Years ago I had a really nice film camera and set of lenses. Photography was a hobby of mine. I even did my own B&W developing. I took some classes and I really enjoyed it.

Then along came real life.... I no longer had time for my hobbies. I sold my equipment. I eventually pikced up a point & shoot digital camera and it does a great job taking photos - at least as great as I do at prepping the shot to be photographed!! LOL

I've been wanting to get back to actually playing with photography again. So I've been saving. And I've been researching.

I finally got to a point that I could do something about it. I had gotten a small bonus from work of gift certs last year and again this year. I saved them. Along with the other $$ I put away.... and I had just about enough. Then DH and I talked about it and decided to put out the rest of the dough....

Last night I ordered my new camera!!! Should be in sometime next week. Can't wait to play!!

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath
In response to leebla

• leebla Said:
another of my frustrating days...my younger two spend every other week with me, and the opposite week with their dad and big sister. They switch on Fridays. Leave for school from here...go home to there.
So on the Friday they leave, I feel like I should make sure I am up and around to see them.
Not sure why. dd does not emerge from her room until it is time to run to the bus. ds is in the bathroom until it is time to leave, showering and primping...it's too much hassle for him to make it to the bus so he walks the mile and a half. he stayed long enough to peel an orange to eat, got too text messages in that time, and got mad when I asked him a question.
And people wonder why I wanted a dog!!!!

But I (we) also know why you want to have those few precious moments with the kids too!

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

• scrappycath Said:
Years ago I had a really nice film camera and set of lenses. Photography was a hobby of mine. I even did my own B&W developing. I took some classes and I really enjoyed it.

Then along came real life.... I no longer had time for my hobbies. I sold my equipment. I eventually pikced up a point & shoot digital camera and it does a great job taking photos - at least as great as I do at prepping the shot to be photographed!! LOL

I've been wanting to get back to actually playing with photography again. So I've been saving. And I've been researching.

I finally got to a point that I could do something about it. I had gotten a small bonus from work of gift certs last year and again this year. I saved them. Along with the other $$ I put away.... and I had just about enough. Then DH and I talked about it and decided to put out the rest of the dough....

Last night I ordered my new camera!!! Should be in sometime next week. Can't wait to play!!

Woohoo!! What camera?

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to leebla

and he just walked out the door without so much as a word to me, even though I am sitting right here.
Yet I am expected to go spend a whole day sitting on hard bleachers waiting for him to swim his two events. Because that's just what mom's do.

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to leebla

• leebla Said:
and he just walked out the door without so much as a word to me, even though I am sitting right here.
Yet I am expected to go spend a whole day sitting on hard bleachers waiting for him to swim his two events. Because that's just what mom's do.

[[]]

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

GREAT NEWS!! Hershey is taking those offensive mint packs off the market!!

Hershey story

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

• moxiegirl23 Said:

Woohoo!! What camera?

I ended up going with the Nikon D300.

Have any thoughts/experience on this?

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath
In response to leebla

• leebla Said:

Yep. That's what we do. And some day when they're on TV in the olympics, they'll face the camera and say "Hi Mom!"

(we can dream, can't we?)

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

• scrappycath Said:
  • moxiegirl23 Said:

Woohoo!! What camera?

That it's one of the hottest cameras on the market. I've read awesome reviews of it, and everyone I know who have played with it like it.

I have yet to play with one.

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

• scrappycath Said:

Hershey story

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

• moxiegirl23 Said:
  • scrappycath Said:
  • moxiegirl23 Said:

Woohoo!! What camera?

That it's one of the hottest cameras on the market. I've read awesome reviews of it, and everyone I know who have played with it like it.

I was pretty set on a Canon, and then read the reviews on the Nikon. It had a little more than the canon in features, but I think they are both excellent pieces of equipment.

Plus I was able to find a decent price... and Couple that with the fact that my DH uses a Nikon for work - so I can borrow lenses!! BAM - I was sold on the Nikon!!

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

• moxiegirl23 Said:
  • scrappycath Said:

Hershey story

They are not REMOVING the product. They have stopped production and will sell out whatever is already on storwe shelves.

But hey, at leat they FINALLY got it!! I was not impressed with their reaction.

I think I'll still ward off Hershey products in my home for a while. After all it took them 2 months to react! I think it will take me at least that long before I return to buying any of their products!

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

• scrappycath Said:
  • moxiegirl23 Said:
  • scrappycath Said:

Hershey story

They are not REMOVING the product. They have stopped production and will sell out whatever is already on storwe shelves.

But hey, at leat they FINALLY got it!! I was not impressed with their reaction.

I think I'll still ward off Hershey products in my home for a while. After all it took them 2 months to react! I think it will take me at least that long before I return to buying any of their products!

Dh just read this post. He says it is just my excuse for requesting Ghiradelli instead!!

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

Liz - you and my DH have got to meet.....

He just said "I can't wait for the weather channel to go Hi-Def"

He is addicted to weather/news!

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla

OMG-just got the Feb calendar for swim team. There is something every weekend in Feb! Every weekend!

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

• scrappycath Said:
  • moxiegirl23 Said:
  • scrappycath Said:
  • moxiegirl23 Said:

Woohoo!! What camera?

I was pretty set on a Canon, and then read the reviews on the Nikon. It had a little more than the canon in features, but I think they are both excellent pieces of equipment.

Plus I was able to find a decent price... and Couple that with the fact that my DH uses a Nikon for work - so I can borrow lenses!! BAM - I was sold on the Nikon!!

All great reasons, especially the compatibilty with available lenses for borrowing. I chose mine because it has the same size sensor as a 35mm negative, which meant all of my lenses would work exactly the same rather than having a mgnification factor because of a smaller sensor. If Canon didn't have an "affordable" camera with that, I would still be shooting film.

I'm not thrilled with Canon's entry level DSLRs (the Rebels) I find they're too small to be used comfortably and I'm sad that Nikon is going the same route with theirs...

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

• scrappycath Said:

I Jim Cantore

Edited by moxiegirl23 on 01-25-08 04:42 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

• moxiegirl23 Said:
  • scrappycath Said:

I Jim Cantore

Oddly - so does my dh!!

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

Gotta go! I'm late

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla

Oh...I think this is kind of funny...
know how dh was sooooo ticked off the other night about his computer cord being chewed in half by the puppy???
Yesterday he took it into his IT guy. The IT guy just laughed because his puppy had done the same thing!!!!

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to leebla

dh came home and said "I have the answer!" We have to go get some bitter apple spray! Logan said he got it and it works wonders and...and...and...

I looked at him and said "there's a bottle out in the van."

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to leebla

• leebla Said:
dh came home and said "I have the answer!" We have to go get some bitter apple spray! Logan said he got it and it works wonders and...and...and...

I looked at him and said "there's a bottle out in the van."

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla

I need food.
brb

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to leebla

taking Abby to school.

DawnInAZ
Queen
DawnInAZ

Good morning

DawnInAZ
Queen
DawnInAZ
In response to DawnInAZ

• moxiegirl23 Said:
  • scrappycath Said:

I Jim Cantore

I have always crushed on him!!!
SWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON!!!
My family has always given me a hard time about how much I would watch the Weather Channel. From day one I would turn to it the moment I turned TV on.
When I see my babe JC, I just smile!!

Three Bright Lights
Diva
Three Bright Lights

Hey Leebla, do you think bitter apple spray would work on 8 month olds? I'm having quite a problem with that.

Hi y'all, can I play too?

DawnInAZ
Queen
DawnInAZ
In response to Three Bright Lights

• Megwiljensmom Said:
Hey Leebla, do you think bitter apple spray would work on 8 month olds? I'm having quite a problem with that.

Is your 8 month old chewing cords?

WELCOME TO OUR FUN THREAD!!!

Three Bright Lights
Diva
Three Bright Lights
In response to DawnInAZ

Yep, my TWO 8 month olds are both going for the computer cords any chance they get. I swear I feed them!

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla

• Megwiljensmom Said:

I don't know... but if he starts chewing computer cords you could try it!
However hubby tricked dd into tasting it last night and I think it might be a very quick cure for a human child!

Welcome!

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

• Megwiljensmom Said:
Yep, my TWO 8 month olds are both going for the computer cords any chance they get. I swear I feed them!

hmmmmm. I never had to deal with that with mine. I'm no help.

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to leebla

However, ever since we brought it in the house I haven't caught him chewing anything, so maybe it's worked already!

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to leebla

Don't they sell something similar to that to stop thumb sucking??

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to leebla

• leebla Said:

I used to have a nasty flavored nail polish to stop my finger biting. I would just bite anyway.

DawnInAZ
Queen
DawnInAZ
In response to leebla

• leebla Said:

I knew someone that used tabasco sauce for that. I thought it a bit cruel.

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

So much to do today. Crop Day is tomorrow, so all the cleaning, food prep, and my page planning needs to be done. Plus a trip to the grocery store, the post office and dropping my car off for a new tire and brakework.

DawnInAZ
Queen
DawnInAZ
In response to DawnInAZ

OK, time to go dry my hair and kick it in gear.Talk to you all later.

Three Bright Lights
Diva
Three Bright Lights
In response to DawnInAZ

Page planning, wow, I've heard of that. I gotta get the Megster to preschool, no nanny today so gotta get everyone going. I'll be back in a bit.

-- Florrie

sarah doodah
Idol
sarah doodah

Morning! Any body here?

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla

treadmill time

sarah doodah
Idol
sarah doodah
In response to DawnInAZ

• DawnInAZ Said:
  • leebla Said:

I knew someone that used tabasco sauce for that. I thought it a bit cruel.

Yes, it sounds cruel, but if they've tried everything else...

Thumb sucking can lead to very serious and expensive dentals problems later in life. My niece is almost 11 and STILL sucks her thumbs. Her jaw has been shifted because of it. They are starting her dental work soon and its going to be ALOT of work.

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to leebla

morning Sarah!

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to leebla

Oh I was on such a roll last weekend with the cleaning and organizing...I was soo proud...and motivated. Then this week I have been so busy again.
I don't want to work all day! I want to start sorting my scrap cubby and paint my ceiling!

sarah doodah
Idol
sarah doodah
In response to leebla

Hi Elizabeth!

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to sarah doodah

how are you this morning?

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath
In response to DawnInAZ

Hey - just popping in to share this with you. Maybe you've seen it before. But it is funny!!

Bad Day

sarah doodah
Idol
sarah doodah

• scrappycath Said:

What kind of camera did you order? I want a new camera sooooooo bad.

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

• Megwiljensmom Said:

Hi!! I can't hang right now, cause I'm at the job away from home.

Man - you've got a ton of challenges listed in your siggy!!

So what area of PA are you from? We have at least 2 Pennsylvanians here!

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

• yardstick76 Said:
  • scrappycath Said:

What kind of camera did you order? I want a new camera sooooooo bad.

Sarah - I know that you are going to catch up to this... but incase you don't... I went with the Nikon D300

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

Ok - gotta get back to work. See ya'll later!

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla

• scrappycath Said:
Hey - just popping in to share this with you. Maybe you've seen it before. But it is funny!!

Bad Day

OMG I'm laughing so hard I almost fell off the treadmill. Chief thinks I lost my mind!

sarah doodah
Idol
sarah doodah
In response to leebla

• leebla Said:
how are you this morning?

Pretty good I guess. Ethan is getting over a bad runny nose, so he hasn't been staying up in the middle of the night. I still feel exhausted though!

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla

takes time to build up that deficit and your sleep is still disrupted listening for him.

sarah doodah
Idol
sarah doodah

• moxiegirl23 Said:
  • scrappycath Said:

I Jim Cantore

We have a love/hate relationship with Jim...Wherever he goes, hurricanes follow.

sarah doodah
Idol
sarah doodah
In response to leebla

• leebla Said:
takes time to build up that deficit and your sleep is still disrupted listening for him.

My sleep has been disrupted for the last year!!! He has never slept thru the night.

sarah doodah
Idol
sarah doodah

Liz/Moxie: If you could recommend a camera, which would it be? Something one up from a point and shoot and not one with detachable lenses, but with decent optical zoom. TIA!

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla

one month from today i will be on a cruise ship....i have to do better than i have this week!

i missed 2 days on the treadmill and ate fast food all day!

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to leebla

Just sent another letter to the condo manager about stupid yippie dog across the hall.

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath
In response to leebla

• leebla Said:
one month from today i will be on a cruise ship....i have to do better than i have this week!

i missed 2 days on the treadmill and ate fast food all day!

Hnag that bikini by the treadmil - or better yet on the front of the fridge!! :-)

You're doing great, give yourself the little breaks every now and again. But keep on going!!

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

• yardstick76 Said:
Liz/Moxie: If you could recommend a camera, which would it be? Something one up from a point and shoot and not one with detachable lenses, but with decent optical zoom. TIA!

Do you have a brand preference?

What is your price range?

What kind of memory card do you have right now? (So you can use it with the new camera and save some money)

What kind of pictures do you take: action shots, poses, sports, etc. (This is important to know what kind of features you want)

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla

i'm so glad I live in a house! I now chief pitches a fit when i leave and i don't have to worry so much about it disturbing people!

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to leebla

i need to go grocery shopping this weekend and stock up on stuff besides pasta and sandwiches!

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to leebla

also all the stuff to make my yummy WW soups! Especially this week when the kids aren't around. Although these are so yummy, even my kids like them!

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to leebla

• leebla Said:
i'm so glad I live in a house! I now chief pitches a fit when i leave and i don't have to worry so much about it disturbing people!

It's one thing for Chief to pitch a fit when you leave because he probably quiets down afterwards. This dog starts barking usually at 7 am and does not stop until well after noon. I might get lucky and get as much as 5 minutes of quiet in between barking fits, and I can hear it in any room, even with music or TV on. Sometimes it starts as early as 5:30. Around noon, it naps, so it's quiet, but then starts up later on and only barks whenever people are in the hallway, outside in the parking lot, etc.

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

I just left the sound of it barking on the managers voicemail.

melissa22
Pro
melissa22

only 4 pages to catch up on!!

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to melissa22

morning Melissa!

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to melissa22

hahaha...oh Liz...
the people who used to live next door to us had two....heck I can't spell it Airdales? (go ahead laugh)

But they worked all day, and they were builing a house so they were gone all evening...and then worse, they moved into their house, but didn't take the dogs at first because they didn't have their yard in yet and didn't want the mud tracked in!....
anywho...they had one of those wireless fences so these dogs roamed the yard all day. They would sit in the corner, right outside my bedroom window, and howl all day...at the time I worked nights!!!!

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to leebla

morning Melissa...

okay I'll be popping in and out. Have to buckle down and do a couple hours worth of work here.

melissa22
Pro
melissa22

• scrappycath Said:

Bad Day

Never seen it before!

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to leebla

• leebla Said:
hahaha...oh Liz...
the people who used to live next door to us had two....heck I can't spell it Airdales? (go ahead laugh)

But they worked all day, and they were builing a house so they were gone all evening...and then worse, they moved into their house, but didn't take the dogs at first because they didn't have their yard in yet and didn't want the mud tracked in!....
anywho...they had one of those wireless fences so these dogs roamed the yard all day. They would sit in the corner, right outside my bedroom window, and howl all day...at the time I worked nights!!!!

I think I would've killed.

melissa22
Pro
melissa22
In response to melissa22

Mornig Liz and Elizabeth.

sarah doodah
Idol
sarah doodah

• moxiegirl23 Said:
I just left the sound of it barking on the managers voicemail.

Bwah- hah ha

LeeLo
LeeLo 
Diva
LeeLo
  • LeeLo on 01-25-08 07:04 AM

Hey ya'll...I'm just popping in to say hi real quick. I've gotta go run office errands in a few minutes, and then I have some stuff to do here at work...gasp! On a Friday!

LeeLo
LeeLo 
Diva
LeeLo
  • LeeLo on 01-25-08 07:07 AM
In response to LeeLo

Liz, I have a problem taking pictures in the gym at my son's basketball games. They never come out very clear even when there is not much action. I know it is the lighting, but I hate to use the flash during a ballgame. (This is elementary school...smaller gym). I have a Canon PowerShot S3 IS. Do you have any suggestions? I can actually freeze the action pretty well but it's always grainy or blurry. I know there should be something that I should be doing.

I would greatly appreciate any suggestions from you. You always seem to know a lot about cameras!

LeeLo
LeeLo 
Diva
LeeLo
  • LeeLo on 01-25-08 07:08 AM
In response to LeeLo

Oh yeah, he has 8th grade night soon and I do not want to miss those pictures!! They will be recognized and have to go on the floor. I wouldn't care at all to use a flash then because the game will not be going on. It will be his last game played at his school and I'd like to get shots of the game too.

LeeLo
LeeLo 
Diva
LeeLo
  • LeeLo on 01-25-08 07:09 AM
In response to LeeLo

Well, gotta run for a minute...talk to you later!

sarah doodah
Idol
sarah doodah

• moxiegirl23 Said:
  • yardstick76 Said:

What kind of memory card do you have right now? (So you can use it with the new camera and save some money)

What kind of pictures do you take: action shots, poses, sports, etc. (This is important to know what kind of features you want)

I have no brand preference. I currently have a Panasonic DMC-LZ3 which when I first got it, I LOVED it. But now...it takes forever in between shots (shutter lag) and the automatic lens cover sticks (closed!!) and alot more of my pics are blurry...all around not happy with it.

I have a 1.0 GB SD card and it uses 2AA batteries (bleh) I am willing to buy a different card if needed.

Price range...right now is zero, but ideally under 300 (I think)

I want something with a really good optical zoom, built-in image stabilizer, NO shutter lag (for action baby shots) and good ISO, built in flash (although, I think with a high ISO, I won't need the flash that much?)

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to LeeLo

• LeahDee Said:
Liz, I have a problem taking pictures in the gym at my son's basketball games. They never come out very clear even when there is not much action. I know it is the lighting, but I hate to use the flash during a ballgame. (This is elementary school...smaller gym). I have a Canon PowerShot S3 IS. Do you have any suggestions? I can actually freeze the action pretty well but it's always grainy or blurry. I know there should be something that I should be doing.

I would greatly appreciate any suggestions from you. You always seem to know a lot about cameras!

1. What ISO are you using? Without a flash, a higher ISO is necessary to stop the action. If the ISO is too low, there will be blurriness. A higher ISO is a trade off, because there will be more "noise" in the photo.

2. Have you tried the action mode? Sometimes that has helped other people.

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

• yardstick76 Said:
  • moxiegirl23 Said:
  • yardstick76 Said:

I have no brand preference. I currently have a Panasonic DMC-LZ3 which when I first got it, I LOVED it. But now...it takes forever in between shots (shutter lag) and the automatic lens cover sticks (closed!!) and alot more of my pics are blurry...all around not happy with it.

I have a 1.0 GB SD card and it uses 2AA batteries (bleh) I am willing to buy a different card if needed.

Price range...right now is zero, but ideally under 300 (I think)

I want something with a really good optical zoom, built-in image stabilizer, NO shutter lag (for action baby shots) and good ISO, built in flash (although, I think with a high ISO, I won't need the flash that much?)

Ok. let me poke around a bit.

Three Bright Lights
Diva
Three Bright Lights
In response to LeeLo

Leah, Canon power shot, is that digital? Can you fiddle with the F-stop and aperture? I think it's something like a wider aperture and shorter exposure time to take high speed. I dunno. My Rebel works great on "idiot," so I'm very happy I don't have to worry about it.

sarah doodah
Idol
sarah doodah

Thanks,Liz. I have looked around, but sometimes I get so overwhelmed by all the terminology and technical stuff.

Three Bright Lights
Diva
Three Bright Lights

BTW, I live in southeastern PA, very near Wilmington, DE, Philadelphia, Longwood Gardens, lots and lots of mushrooms.

Three Bright Lights
Diva
Three Bright Lights

Is there a way to quickly refresh this thread so you only see the new posts?

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

F5

Three Bright Lights
Diva
Three Bright Lights

SarahKay, I think by the time you get a camera with no shutter lag, you're paying lots of bucks. My Cannon Rebel was about 900 at Costco last year. And it's big. But it does take great photos.

sarah doodah
Idol
sarah doodah

Well, I'm not getting one anytime soon. I'm just researching for *when* I do get one. Plus, once I pick one out, I'll know the price and can save and budget for it.

Page 1 of 35 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics