Username Post: CA- Bay Area        (Topic#1450019)
AllAmy
AllAmy 
Angel
AllAmy

Hello, I live in the California Bay Area. We have lots of local scrapbook store s here. I love meeting other local scrappers.

Anyone else from the bay area out there?

ScrapAddict21
Mayor
ScrapAddict21
In response to AllAmy

I am.

kpeast
kpeast 
Guru
kpeast
In response to ScrapAddict21

I am too!

sarah kee
Diva
sarah kee
In response to kpeast

i'm going to be moving to the bay in 2 weeks! and i'd love to meet new scrap friends! just msg me if you want!

Amykins RN
Mayor
Amykins RN
In response to sarah kee

Hi girls! I'm a travel nurse, currently living in SoCal. I'm moving to the Bay Area in 3 weeks and am looking for suggestions for the great scrapbook store s. Not sure yet if I'll be housed in Berkeley or Alameda, but I'm working in Berkeley. I found Scrapbook Territory there.

Any other suggestions?

niknaxx
Resident
niknaxx
In response to Amykins RN

I too am in the BA...

AllAmy
AllAmy 
Angel
AllAmy
In response to niknaxx

Hi- I'm in San Jose too.
You should post some of your pages in the gallery. I'd love to see your work.

Amy

Tracy428
Expert
Tracy428
In response to AllAmy

I moved to Vallejo a couple months ago and am looking for some scrapbook store s that have crop nights. I saw Scrapbook Territory in Berkely. Are there others out there?

niknaxx
Resident
niknaxx
In response to Tracy428

I am putting together a scrapbooking group around Alameda. We just had a small crop this past weekend Saturday night - 8 of us there. Would love to grow the group. If any of you would like to attend or receive more information, please email me!
Hope to meet you all soon!

Ms Jackie
Diva
Ms Jackie
In response to AllAmy

me too. I am in the SF bay area

stick
stick 
Mayor
stick
  • stick on 05-08-09 03:06 PM
In response to Ms Jackie

Hey, I'm in San Francisco! Where are these stores you speak of?

Feninha
Pro
Feninha
In response to stick

I am also from the Bay Area.

sarah kee
Diva
sarah kee
In response to Feninha

hey girls.

i was wondering if that group ever got started in the bay.

hope to hear from other scrappers in the area.

hugs,
sarah.

cdavis22
New Kid On the Block
cdavis22
In response to sarah kee

I am in San Jose (Almaden Valley). Just moved here a year and half ago...just started digiscrapping and I am hooked!

sweetsbaker
New Kid On the Block
sweetsbaker
In response to cdavis22

I'm in Hollister and am interested in learning about digiscrapping....Afraid to get into that though because I think half the fun of scrapbooking is shopping for new goodies! What program do you use/recommend? Where do you print your pages (I had a CM rep tell me that she uploads her pages to Costco.com and picks them up there...What can you tell me?

Tenant
In response to Tracy428

I live up in St. helena and have organized a group of ladies who meet for weeknight crops, all-day Saturday crops and weekend retreats to Santa Cruz, occidental and Bodega. If you are interested, contact me at [email protected] Alice

jaxxan
jaxxan 
Mayor
jaxxan
In response to scrappinginthevalley

I am in San Jose, do any of you ever go to Scrapbook Island or Scrap lovers in Willow Glen to scrap? I haven't mustered up the courage to go but thought it might be a nice venue to meet.

KellyeF
Guru
KellyeF
In response to jaxxan

I'm in San Jose too. Wasn't aware there were any groups here...

sarah kee
Diva
sarah kee
In response to KellyeF

if anyone wants to meet up.... message me!!! i'm in south bay/peninsula too.

hugs,
sarah.
http://redoaklines.com

AllAmy
AllAmy 
Angel
AllAmy
In response to jaxxan

Hey Jill- those 2 shops are my local fav. Scrapbook Island had their flea market today- great deals. I bought mostly albums which I needed. Got a few other hot finds.

Yeah for more San Jose scrappers!
My church, FCC hosts a crop night in south SJ the third Tues of each month. https://secure.fccchurch.com/calendar/index.htm

New Kid On the Block
In response to AllAmy

I'm in the Bay Area too and looking for a little help...I don't yet have my own cricut (hoping for one for x-mas) and I was wondering if someone who has a machine could cut out some shapes for me? Icould supply paper and pay postage... I need shapes off the new arrivals cartridge
Thanks!
Jessica

sarah kee
Diva
sarah kee
In response to jessylulu

if you go to memories live on in cupertino... you can use their cricut and their cartridges there.

hope that helps.

hugs,
sarah.

travln1
Tenant
travln1
In response to sarah kee

I'm near the SF airport. Very new to this, any suggestions for a place with classes/crop nights somewhere on the peninsula (preferably not too far from SFO)?

Rebecca and the Pugs
Pro
Rebecca and the Pugs
In response to travln1

Will C Wood High SchoolQB Club
Invites you to a day of SCRAP BOOKING.

When: Feb 27, 2010
Time: 9am-9pm
Where: WCW cafeteria
Why: to support the WCW football team.
How: come for a day of scrapbooking, enjoy raffles, food and time to complete projects or start new ones, visit with friends and meet new ones all for a great cause.
Cost: $30.00 includes
• Lunch
Salad bar with all the fixings
• Dinner
Pulled pork sandwich with potatoes salad
• 2 drink coupons
You will be able to purchase more drink coupons
• 2 raffle tickets
You will be able to purchase more raffle tickets.
• 1 great goodie bag.

We will have games and raffles all day and night. There will be a page contests, Bingo and a lot of good company. At the end of the day we will have a grand prize raffle for the Circut.

There will be venders there for you also to take a look at. if you have an at home business and want to be part of this day please let me know.

There will also be a bake sale with some sweet treats for you to purchase.

Thank you in advance, all the money raised for this event will help support the Will C. Wood football team.

If you would like to order tickets or have any questions please email me at [email protected] Make checks payable to the QB club and mail to PO BOX 125, Vacaville, Ca, 95696

Please bring feel free to bring friends.
Rebecca and the Pugs
Northern California

KellyeF
Guru
KellyeF
In response to Rebecca and the Pugs

Anyone going to Scrapbook Expo in Pleasanton in March?

onesweetromance
Tenant
onesweetromance
In response to KellyeF

Hello everyone,

I am new to the Bay Area (moved to the east bay from San Diego last July) and I have noticed that there is hardly any scrapbook stores around here~ have you noticed? Their dropping like flies it seems. So, its time to take the matter into my own hands...

I was thinking that I would put together some crops and maybe a class or two, here around east bay.... would anyone be interested? I taught classes in San Diego and I am on some manufactures design teams... Maybe, check out my blog... get to know me a little and see if it's something you might like to do

I would love to meet people from around here that love the hobby as much as I do!!

Lets keep the hobby alive in our area!

mickeysamiga
Queen
mickeysamiga
In response to onesweetromance

I'm located in Gilroy. I'd love to meet people nearby.

tersat
tersat 
New Kid On the Block
tersat
In response to sarah kee

I'm here in the Bay Area too. Just found this group. Waving hi!

Memories Live On in Cupertino is a nice store and a great location. Lots of good food nearby when the munchies hit while scrapbooking!

New Kid On the Block

i am searching for a srapbooking group.
do you know one in the east bay???

swiss girl
Resident
swiss girl
In response to AllAmy

i just moved from switzerland to gilroy and am looking for new scrap friends somebody in this area that would like to come over and scrap with me??

New Kid On the Block
In response to swiss girl

I'm fairly new to scrapbooking and plan on going to the San Jose Scrapbook Convention in August this year. Anyone else going to the convention would like to meet some new scraper friends. Will be traveling from the solano County area. Anyone interested in carpooling?

SCRAPPINGDIVAS
Veteran
SCRAPPINGDIVAS
In response to AllAmy

Nice to meet everyone, I live in Antioch Ca. and Micheal's is the scrapbook store, we used to have little Diva in Brentwood but the moved.

I started a scrapbooking swap

New Kid On the Block
In response to travln1

Scrapbook Nook is in San Bruno on San Mateo Avenue.

sarah kee
Diva
sarah kee
In response to gingergal

Hi Girls,

Just wanted to let you all know that I opened a scrapbook store in the Fremont/Newark area of the bay! If you are in the area, I'd love to meet all of you!

http://ourpaperplace.com

Hoping to see some of you crop on over here.

Hugs,
sarah.

mrs_schaeffler
New Kid On the Block
mrs_schaeffler
In response to AllAmy

I am in Fremont and I need to know some of the good scrapbooking shops around here

New Kid On the Block
In response to AllAmy

I am, also, looking for friends to crop i the San Bruno/South San Francisco area. Unfortunately, two stores (San Bruno and San Carlos) have closed last year.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to sarah kee

• sarah de guzman Said:
Hi Girls,

Just wanted to let you all know that I opened a scrapbook store in the Fremont/Newark area of the bay! If you are in the area, I'd love to meet all of you!

Hoping to see some of you crop on over here.

Hugs,
sarah.

I was cropping at Our Paper Place on Monday! I had a great time. It was my first time to the store. Super friendly staff. Definitely worth checking out.

New Kid On the Block

I am looking to start or join a scrapbooking group in the tri-valley area (Dublin, Pleasanton, San Ramon). It would be great to try to (but no obligation to) meet weekly or twice a month. I can host at my house, and rotate to others members if they are interested.

Please reply with dates and times that might work best for you so we can get something planned ASAP! Let's get this party started!

sarah kee
Diva
sarah kee
In response to Luvmyfam

I'm glad you had a wonderful time at the store! That's what I love to hear from people.

Hope to see you soon again at the store!

sarah kee
Diva
sarah kee
In response to katjush

Come hang out over at Our Paper Place in Newark, CA! I own it, and I'd love to meet you!

Tenant
In response to sarah kee

Hi!! I host an all day (12 hour) scrapbook crops each month here in Vacaville, CA. Our business name is Scrap Again. At our crops we have 4 Cricut machines, and over 70 cartridges for use, free embellishments, snack bar, give aways, vendor booths and MORE! The crop is only $25.00 and you can register at www.scrapagain.com

The other unique thing we do is twice a year we host a scrapbook consignment sale. You can register to sell or just come and shop the GREAT bargains!!

Hope to see you at one of the crops! Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions.
[email protected]
www.scrapagain.com
www.scrapagain.blogspot.com

BethAnnMarie
New Kid On the Block
BethAnnMarie
In response to sarah kee

I'm really late to this thread, but I just signed up. I live in San Jose!

m.perk
m.perk 
Governor
m.perk
In response to SCRAPPINGDIVAS

• SCRAPPINGDIVAS Said:
Nice to meet everyone, I live in Antioch Ca. and Micheal's is the scrapbook store, we used to have little Diva in Brentwood but the moved.

I started a scrapbooking swap

Scrapbook Diva is on 2nd Street in Brentwood and It's Scrapbook Time is on Buchanan in Antioch....

Ariwass
Veteran
Ariwass
In response to AllAmy

Hi Norcal scrappers!!

I have a scrapbooking and card making group if anyone would like to join. There is no cost to join either. Would love to meet new scrappers in the area. Please private message me your name and email and I can send you an invitation! My group is through Meetup.com if you wanted to know.

sarah kee
Diva
sarah kee
In response to Ariwass

Listen up if you're local and you love scrapbooking!

Amy Tangerine from American Crafts is coming to Our Paper Place on Nov 19th for our store's ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY CELEBRATION. She's got her own paper line, and she's going to be teaching two classes with it. You're not going to want to miss out! She'll be teaching each class for only $60, which is cheaper than most stores. The kits themselves are retailed for over $50 each, so this is truly a steal.

JOIN US FOR A FABULOUS TIME where there will be giveaways and freebies for all that attend.

For more information: http://ourpaperplace.com/index.php?p=1_5_Classes

Hope to see all you CALI folks there!

New Kid On the Block
In response to sarah kee

This forum doesnt appear to be active anymore but I just moved to the bay area and was looking for some local scrapping buddies

AllAmy
AllAmy 
Angel
AllAmy
In response to Evans mommy

Going to store crops is a great way to meet other local scrappers. I also recommend posting your work in the galleries so other people can "meet" you. I personally wouldn't meet in person anyone who hasn't been on the site for over a year or who doesn't have pages up showing that they are "real." Maybe I'm just overly cautious though?

In San Jose, there is still Scrapbook Island on Blossom Hill.
http://scrapbookisland.typepad.com/
They have crops and a nice selection.

Also opened recently is Scrapgrlz in Campbell.
http://www.scrapgrlz.com/
I haven't gone there yet as their hours don't work for me but it looks like they specialize in overnight crops.

Memories Live On in Cupertino is a small store but nice
http://www.memoriesliveon.com/

I've heard good things about "Stamp on Over" (don't let the name fool you- it's complete scrapbooking)
http://www.stamponover.com/index.html
Sunnyvale

There is a scrapbook studio with classes called A Work of Heart in SJ as well. They specialize in altered objects like jewelry, canvas, mixed media boards, sewing, journals, art as opposed to scrapbook layouts.

Here are a listing of other California stores as well.
http://papercrafterscorne r.com/california/

New Kid On the Block
In response to AllAmy

I'm in Daly City and always looking for new places to crop! Anyone near me?

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics