Page 1 of 2 
Username Post: What are you working on?        (Topic#1451659)
borntoscrap
Diva
borntoscrap

What knit or crochet projects are you working on right now?

I have a couple blankets that I need to put trim on & another that I have to finish cross stitching then assemble.

Autmn
Autmn 
Diva
Autmn
  • Autmn on 02-07-08 10:02 PM
In response to borntoscrap

I just recently finished my first large project, a blanket for my oldest daughter. I was quite proud of myself, it turned out nicely! I am also crocheting some outfits for some small bears for family members. Very fun, but challenging! I have finished 3 out 5 outfits so far. And lastly I am halfway through a nice thick scarf for my mother who lives in the snowy midwest!

BjH
BjH 
Mayor
BjH
  • BjH on 02-08-08 06:03 AM
In response to Autmn

I'm on a flower kick right now! I'm crocheting flowers to use on my layouts; currently crocheting flowers with ribbon.

Jenny from the Crop
Mayor
Jenny from the Crop
In response to BjH

i just finished an afghan that I'd been wanting to make for like 3 years. It came out so beautiful. I need to get some pics up of them.

I think I'm gonna end up on a flower, edging, doily kick to add to my layouts because I think that is such a cute look!

TonyaB
TonyaB 
Idol
TonyaB
In response to Jenny from the Crop

I am about 1/2 way finished with a twin size blanket/afghan of the Texas State Flag. I also just bought yarn to make a shaw for my granmother.

BjH
BjH 
Mayor
BjH
  • BjH on 02-10-08 07:07 AM
In response to TonyaB

This is a layout I did yesterday, using some of the flowers I crocheted.

borntoscrap
Diva
borntoscrap
In response to BjH

Those are great Bonnie. What kind of yarn did you use?

Autmn
Autmn 
Diva
Autmn
  • Autmn on 02-10-08 09:23 PM
In response to BjH

• BjH Said:

wow those are really pretty! i wish i was far enough along to be able to make those! i still have trouble reading patterns.

BjH
BjH 
Mayor
BjH
  • BjH on 02-11-08 06:06 AM

• borntoscrap Said:
Those are great Bonnie. What kind of yarn did you use?

Thank you; I used Aunt Lydia (Coats & Clark) Shimmer with a size C hook. Now I'm making some with Lion Brand's Glitterspun, again using a C hook. One ball of the Shimmer made 48 flowers and one skein of the Glitterspun will make 45 flowers.

scrapgrrl
Idol
scrapgrrl
In response to BjH

I am working on a scarf. Bonnie great job on the LO!!!! Autmn... I have problems reading patterns too. We should do a flower swap... everyone make some flowers.

Jenny from the Crop
Mayor
Jenny from the Crop
In response to scrapgrrl

OMG those flowers are so cute on the layout! I have a TON of crochet thread in every color of the rainbow that I can't wait to put to use in edgeings and flowers to use on my layouts! Even small doilies as backers for flowers!

I just started a blanket this weekend that I want to give to some family friends of ours who just moved into a new home and they have a ton of new furniture. I pulled the colors from their rug in their den for an afghan and I'm so afraid that it's coming out more 70's retro rather than Tuscan villa feeling. LOL I'm hoping that once I get it all put together that it will look better.

I'll post pictures when I finish.

WeeFaerie
Queen
WeeFaerie

Love the flowers! I'm working on a crochet flower afghan, finishing a knitted cable viney afghan and a hat. Stuck on the kitchener stitch though. I have never done it, any suggestions?

Jenny from the Crop
Mayor
Jenny from the Crop
In response to WeeFaerie

kitchener?

I have no idea as to the names of different stitches. LOL I just follow patterns. (and quite well, for the most part, I might add. LOL)

BjH
BjH 
Mayor
BjH
  • BjH on 02-12-08 10:59 AM
In response to WeeFaerie

• WeeFaerie Said:
Love the flowers! I'm working on a crochet flower afghan, finishing a knitted cable viney afghan and a hat. Stuck on the kitchener stitch though. I have never done it, any suggestions?

I'm going to PM you a link that demonstrates how to do the Kitchener Stitch. You had me thrown for a loop (been Crocheting for 30+ years and have never heard of this stitch) until I discovered this has to do with Knitting. Anyway, hope this will help you so you can complete your project.

Jenny from the Crop
Mayor
Jenny from the Crop
In response to BjH

Oh! LOL... well that's why I've never heard of it. LOL

I really want to learn to knit, though. I just need to find the time and patience to sit down and knit meaninglessly so I can get the hang of it.

chelmck
Guru
chelmck

I'm a new knitter. I've finished a few scarves and one baby blanket for my new niece. I scrapped about it (see below). I'm currently working on another baby blanket for my cousin who's expecting her first daughter. Nothing fancy, just a garter stitch. I wanted to try a nice pattern, but it didn't make any sense to me. I'm going to take it to my knitting group and see if they can help me figure it out.

Knitwit

chelmck
Guru
chelmck
In response to BjH

Very cool!

• BjH Said:

Diva
In response to chelmck

I actually sat in bed tonight and started work on ... well, I had no idea what it was going to be when I started, I just needed SOMETHING to do in bed, so I grabbed a hook and a ball of nifty yarn that a spinner friend gave me.

I think, with the width I made, that I'm going to just keep switching out yarns every few inches or so and make a really obnoxious scarf out of it.

Gramma3x!!
Mayor
Gramma3x!!
In response to PookasCrayon

I finished knitting sweaters for my two granddaughters and now I'm working on one for my grandson. Oh, and I threw in a little pink scarf out of "Poodle" yarn for my oldest granddaughter, Rylie, in the midst of it all!

Diva
In response to Gramma3x!!

I'm now on the third skein of a shawl that I started when I realized my first pickup wasn't really going anywhere, lol! As soon as it's finished, I have a gorgeous camisole pattern that my daughter wants me to do, but I might just do another shawl in a different yarn and color to have some choice.

nboulier
Guru
nboulier

Love the flowers on the layout, can you share the pattern for those, I've never done a flower before.

Right now I'm working on some dishcloths and an afghan for a friend of my mom's. I got her couch pillow and matched up colors for that and am doing stripes with a shell pattern.

LaurenN
Veteran
LaurenN

I'm new to this site & while looking I found this forum. In addition to scrapping I like to knit sometimes for change. I just got done making my mom an angel blanket for christmas it took me about 3 weeks to make & actually I wasnt able to give to her until the beg. of Jan. Im still trying to work on a xmas blanket for 2 years now but its in panels & Im not a big fan.

Jenny from the Crop
Mayor
Jenny from the Crop
In response to LaurenN

I like doing stuff in panels cuz your work seems to go faster... but then you have to put them all together... and that's a pain. Good luck!

Diva

ALMOST done with the first shawl now, only a 2-3" left and it's finished, except for the edging.

LaurenN
Veteran
LaurenN

I think that is the worst part for me is putting it all together because I cannot see the whole piece and I feel like I'm just starting over again and again. This is actually the first paneling I've done so maybe that has something to do with it too; I dunno.

Diva
In response to LaurenN

Got a pattern for a nifty crocheted beret today that'll be fun to play with (I may use that black and purple I picked up on sale, doubled).

That should be my next project after the second shawl, since I should finish the first one tonight.

LaurenN
Veteran
LaurenN

I have never tried to crochet before, it looks a lot harder to me then knitting. How long do you think that the beret will take you to make? Have you ever made a beret before? I knit at work because at home I get to busy & I try to scrap.

Diva
In response to LaurenN

Crochet is actually easier than knitting -- my buddy spent a few days here and taught me how, finally -- but both have really different uses.

Haven't made a beret before, but the pattern is ridiculously easy. It's little more than single crochets and slip stitches -- all the "neat" comes from the yarn texture.

Got the first shawl done, started on the second, and I have to say that the Moda Dea Dream yarn crochets like, well, a dream. It is WONDERFUL stuff, soft, fluffy, fuzzy, and yet isn't splitting or catching on the hook.

borntoscrap
Diva
borntoscrap

I'm working on a baby afghan. I'm about half done. Using Caron's "simply soft". Love the feel.

LaurenN
Veteran
LaurenN

I love making baby afghans and then getting to see my daughter wating to use them. I made her a scarf towards the end of last year & she was always asking to wear it, I was so estatic.

borntoscrap
Diva
borntoscrap
In response to LaurenN

I'm now putting the trim on that afghan & have started another.

sovip
sovip 
Pro
sovip
  • sovip on 03-10-08 10:39 PM

working on a baby blanket. (crochet)

Diva
In response to sovip

And I got distracted with other stuff, so I only have about 10" of my new shawl done. Problem is, that netting pattern just goes kinda slow to begin with, and I can't do too much at once.

borntoscrap
Diva
borntoscrap

Finished the afghan, just working on the trim. I'm also crocheting flowers for a friend.

Jenny from the Crop
Mayor
Jenny from the Crop

I'm not working on anythign right now.

I'm more focused on scrapbooking at the moment. I go through phases between the two. lol

TonyaB
TonyaB 
Idol
TonyaB

I'm just about finished with a twin size bedspread/afghan of the Texas State flag. I only have to sew on the star. OMGosh it has taken me for ever! I saw a really cute sweater that I going to start after I'm done with this. I've never done a sweater before so it might take a while.

borntoscrap
Diva
borntoscrap
In response to TonyaB

YAY!!! Baby afghans are done! Whew!

Now I'm gonna get some flowers made for a friend.

LaurenN
Veteran
LaurenN

lol I do the same!

LaurenN
Veteran
LaurenN
In response to TonyaB

Wow that sounds really neat. Is there any way u can take a pic & put it in ur gallery, I would luv to see it?

TonyaB
TonyaB 
Idol
TonyaB
In response to LaurenN

As soon as I get the star on I will post a picture.

LaurenN
Veteran
LaurenN
In response to TonyaB

k great

Diva
In response to LaurenN

Okay, I gotta stop getting distracted by other stuff and finish my new shawl, just so I can get on to making the beret.

Tanya71
Guru
Tanya71

I'm working on a Christmas stocking for my niece. My last project was a feather and fan baby blanket.

nboulier
Guru
nboulier
In response to Tanya71

I finally finished the striped afghan I'd been working on!! Check out my blog (link in signature) to see a picture.

2girlsandaboy
Guru
2girlsandaboy
In response to nboulier

I just finished a cabled throw. I wanted to give it to my Mom for Christmas, but it is too small. It looks more like a baby blanket. We have some friends that are expecting a baby in October, so I may give it to them.

cable throw By 2girlsandaboy

Tracy428
Expert
Tracy428
In response to LaurenN

I havn't been on the site in quite a while. How cool to come back and see a knit/crochet thread. I am currently working on a red sweater for my mom for mother's day. She is a "Red Hatter" so I'm doing it in a brick red and then I'd like to find a Red Hat pin to put on it when I'm done. There are a lot of things I'd like to knit.

Edited by TracyDee on 04-18-08 02:20 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

stangGirl
Tenant
stangGirl

I am working on a knit scarf with a wicker pattern. It is coming along nicely! It will probably turn out long--which is what I like!

Tia Hokee
Diva
Tia Hokee
In response to stangGirl

I am currently knitting hats for my nephews. They love them and are always asking me to make them new ones, so I am making a stash of them to keep on hand.

borntoscrap
Diva
borntoscrap
In response to Tia Hokee

Lots of cool projects ladies. Remember to get pics up in gallery. I want to see them all.

I'm working on long thin scarfs with left over yarn. A quick 7 easy project.

deigh_z33
Expert
deigh_z33

Hey everyone! I have been working on a cable knit purse since Christmas, but I am hoping to finish it this summer. I'm about half way there!

Ramona
Ramona 
Tenant
Ramona
In response to LaurenN

I am in the middle of a beach hat but I really need to get started on my soon to be born nephew's blanket if I want to have it done in time before he gets here.

TonyaB
TonyaB 
Idol
TonyaB
In response to Ramona

I finally finished the Texas State Flag Afghan. It took me 9 months since it is a twin size. [image]
Texas State Flag Afghan
By TonyaB[/image]

Edited by TonyaB on 06-25-08 12:11 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

borntoscrap
Diva
borntoscrap
In response to TonyaB

I love it Tonya.

orion9
orion9 
Tenant
orion9

I am knitting American Girl doll sweaters for Fall craft shows, mostly out of eyelash yarn...I designed the pattern to make them easy to do and easy to get on and off the dolls for smallhands..they fit Bitty Baby also...so far 115 of them...a lot done while recuping from a total knee replacement..2nd in two years..such fun

lottiepops
Pro
lottiepops
In response to orion9

I'm making amigurumi, I saw the name a couple of weeks ago on another forum and when I saw them I couldn't wait to get started, the only problem is there are no yarn shops near me anymore.

TonyaB
TonyaB 
Idol
TonyaB
In response to lottiepops

I started a baby blanket for my new neice. If I hurry maybe I can have it done before she is born.

moonrose
Idol
moonrose
In response to TonyaB

chemo cap, shawl, and my brain wants to knit another sweater. oh, and socks. I always have socks on the needles, somewhere in the house. Often more than one going at a time, never the same kind.

Wendylicious
Tenant
Wendylicious
In response to moonrose

I just finished a baby afghan in pastel merle homespun for the neighbors new daughter...I made it super big, perfect for wrapping up.

Turns out that I finished and delivered it the same day that Teria was delivered...I thought that was pretty good timing.

happyscrapper2
Expert
happyscrapper2

I am currently working on 5 different blankets. I am working on one for my son, one for my mom for christmas, one just for play, one for my best friend who is having a baby and I am working on an american flag blanket. I need to start on this hooded babky blanket that I am going to make for my sister who is going to have another babt in Jan.

New Kid On the Block

Oh gosh. I am working on an Irish Fisherman knit sweater...and 2 Hawaiian quilts. Whew.

Tracy428
Expert
Tracy428
In response to pkitagawa

I've put down my mom's red hat sweater I'm making and am making a cardigan for my daughter for her birthday. I get alot of the patterns I use from the Lion Brand website and this one came in an email. I'll post a pic when it's done. It's perfect for a ten year old.

Erikalynnie
New Kid On the Block
Erikalynnie

I've started a blanket I read about in "Knitting For Peace". It's the Warm Up America one. It consists of 49 7"X9" squares with various patterns. It's an ideal thing for someone who gets bored easily. ME! lol

I'm also teaching my 10 yr old son to knit so he can knit a blanket for cats in rescue. Cute idea...also from "Knitting for Peace".

Erikalynnie
New Kid On the Block
Erikalynnie
In response to Erikalynnie

I'm a newbie, can ya tell? LOL I didn't mean this as a response to PookasCrayon. Sorry.

chocodlite2
Guru
chocodlite2
In response to Erikalynnie

I'm making my 1st attempt @ knitting & I sort of like it...One of my co-workers is teaching 2 of us how to knit...She made a beautiful shaw from ribbon & it was absolutely beautiful...So I figured rather than paying her to make one, I should learn how to do it & right now I'm making a towel, next week we're starting on the shaw out of yarn b4 we jump to the ribbon...

granny of four
New Kid On the Block
granny of four

I have been crocheting thin scarves for my granddaughters using up all my old yards with some new sparkle ones, they love them. this is my very first post I hope it comes out right!

zbelly_32
Veteran
zbelly_32
In response to granny of four

I am double crocheting. Not really anything specific. I think I will turn it into a afgan. It was kind of my practice peice.

soapmommy60543
Expert
soapmommy60543
In response to zbelly_32

What's on my hook and needles...
Hook: afghan for a wedding in November (tried a pattern from Lion that didn't work, so it's in the process of being ripped and reworked - this is the only pattern I've gotten from their website that didn't work)
Needles: dishcloths for a barter

Also, have waiting for me the binding on a quilt(for craft bazaar at church - it's donated), and three other quilts are at the quilter waiting to come home and get finished (one of those is for a wedding in January)

Selena
Selena 
Tenant
Selena

I am currently making Lovey Bunnies out of Bohemian yarn for all my grand kids. (they are all under 2 years old)
I found the pattern on the Michaels web site and they only take me a couple of evenings to complete!
They are great. I will post a pic in the next day or so.

Tia Hokee
Diva
Tia Hokee
In response to Selena

I am knitting hats for my nephews for Christmas -- it's a tradition for us and I love it!

New Kid On the Block
In response to Tia Hokee

Right now I am knitting mittens and socks for my grandmom and daughter Kimi.

siriirmelin
New Kid On the Block
siriirmelin

I just finished this vest in alpaca wool, the only thing left is to put on buttons on one of the shoulders:

So now I've just started on another vest, but this time it's going to be blue. Both vests are going to be christmas presents

Bran
Bran 
Mayor
Bran
  • Bran on 11-24-08 03:37 PM
In response to siriirmelin

That is sooo adorable!!! Is that your first or have you done them before?

siriirmelin
New Kid On the Block
siriirmelin
In response to Bran

Thank you:D

This is the first one I made with this pattern, but I have knitted other things before I made this. It came in a "recepie" book(sorry, I'm norwegian so I don't know all the english terms for things) with a lot of other great garments. And the alpaca wool is so soft and fun to use, I would really recomend for everyone to try it!!

Guru
In response to siriirmelin

I'm working on another doll blanket in double crochet with a hear motif of skipped stitches on it. Well, it's not totally skipped stitches, after I do a double crochet I do a chain stitch then skip the stitch under the chain and do a double crochet in the next stitch.

Edited by moodymolly on 01-18-09 07:38 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Bran
Bran 
Mayor
Bran
  • Bran on 01-18-09 08:48 PM
In response to moodymolly

I just finished the baby's blanket and I am now making a beanie for him...or at least trying

Reets
Reets 
Veteran
Reets
  • Reets on 01-19-09 03:32 AM
In response to Bran

Hi All.. I am making a granny square afghan right now, but its with six sided granny squares. Really kinda pretty. i think Im going to back it with fleece for an extra warm feel to it..

Edited by Reets on 01-19-09 03:35 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Bran
Bran 
Mayor
Bran
  • Bran on 01-19-09 07:28 AM
In response to Reets

Bummer, you have to try and repost that picture. I would really like to see it

deigh_z33
Expert
deigh_z33
In response to Bran

Right now I'm working on a crochet ripple afghan for my dh, a pair of knit socks, and a basketweave knit pattern scarf (one of many for Christmas presents this year).

Amber

Bran
Bran 
Mayor
Bran
  • Bran on 01-19-09 08:23 AM
In response to deigh_z33

Wow way to get a head start!!!

I would love to see them! Any pictures of what they will look like when they are done?

lossy
lossy 
Guru
lossy
  • lossy on 01-19-09 08:47 AM
In response to Bran

i am working on a baby cocoon

lossy
lossy 
Guru
lossy
  • lossy on 01-19-09 08:47 AM
In response to lossy

and funky baby hats

deigh_z33
Expert
deigh_z33
In response to Bran

I'll see if I can post pics of the afghan and scarf since you can see the design very well in these two.

Amber

deigh_z33
Expert
deigh_z33
In response to deigh_z33

Here are some pics of my WIP's:

Ripple Afghan:

Ripple Afghan
By Deigh_z33

Ripple Afghan
By Deigh_z33

Basketweave Scarf:

Basketweave Scarf
By Deigh_z33

Basketweave Scarf
By Deigh_z33

Bran
Bran 
Mayor
Bran
  • Bran on 01-19-09 11:47 AM
In response to lossy

what is a baby cocoon??

lossy
lossy 
Guru
lossy
  • lossy on 01-19-09 02:00 PM
In response to Bran

• Bran Said:
what is a baby cocoon??

well there different ways to make it but this one one i am trying to make

dh thinks 35 dollars for the pattern is bit much

Bran
Bran 
Mayor
Bran
  • Bran on 01-19-09 02:58 PM
In response to lossy

You paid 35 for the pattern?

I don't know that would be the best babyshower gift ever!

lossy
lossy 
Guru
lossy
  • lossy on 01-19-09 03:46 PM
In response to Bran

• Bran Said:

I didn't pay one I am just trying to make my own pattern of one

Reets
Reets 
Veteran
Reets
  • Reets on 01-20-09 03:48 PM
In response to lossy

here is the afghan I am making.
url=http://www.scrapbook.com/gallery/image/other/1 933079.html][/url] Granny square afghan By Reets

Bran
Bran 
Mayor
Bran
  • Bran on 01-20-09 04:05 PM
In response to Reets

Amber, I just saw your pictures you up loaded. I love them!!!!

That afghan looks awesome Reets!

TonyaB
TonyaB 
Idol
TonyaB
In response to lossy

I just finished two baby blankets but my puppy got ahold of my camera cord to download pictures so until I get a new on I'm out of luck posting pics! Getting ready to start a jacket for myself.

TonyaB
TonyaB 
Idol
TonyaB
In response to lossy

• lossy Said:
  • Bran Said:

I didn't pay one I am just trying to make my own pattern of one

Have you tried to google for a free pattern.

Reets
Reets 
Veteran
Reets
  • Reets on 02-10-09 08:25 PM
In response to TonyaB

Hi All.. here is the blanket i just got done for my grand daughter. Its crocheted with two strands of yarn, rose and peach.(her favorite colors). I actually did this blanket a day. I started it yesterday and finished it tonight. I used a jumbo crochet hook. It came out really nice and it seems with the bigger stitches the blanket came out very soft.
url=http://www.scrapbook.com/gallery/image/other/1 978277.html][/url] Afghan , small By Reets
agfhan, small By Reets

Bran
Bran 
Mayor
Bran
  • Bran on 02-11-09 07:32 AM
In response to Reets

Gorgeous!

Did you do a double or single crochet?

Reets
Reets 
Veteran
Reets
  • Reets on 02-11-09 03:37 PM
In response to Bran

Hi Bran,
I did a double crochet Its a series of stitches, really easy, double crochet chain one double crochet in one stitch , then skip two stitches, and repeat. Thats on the base chain, then once you get through the first row, you repeat that 1 dbc 1 chain 1 dbc in each of the previous rows chain one.. really simple. Im working on another one, in green and blue for my grandson.

Bran
Bran 
Mayor
Bran
  • Bran on 02-11-09 03:49 PM
In response to Reets

Love it.

TonyaB
TonyaB 
Idol
TonyaB
In response to Bran

I finished this blanket sometime ago for my niece but an just now getting to post it.

[image]
Baby Blanket
By TonyaB[/image]

Edited by TonyaB on 03-08-09 11:32 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Bran
Bran 
Mayor
Bran
  • Bran on 03-08-09 09:23 PM

I love that pattern! Just gorgeous!!

Eliza364
Resident
Eliza364
In response to TonyaB

i am knitting a stuffed animal turtle.

traceyjean
Guru
traceyjean
In response to Eliza364

I crochet, and have a few friends who are pregnant. So working on some baby blankets right now. One down, three to go. Must be something in the water.

pollywog
Expert
pollywog
In response to traceyjean

I am working on a throw blanket. I love the color of yarn I chose! It's the Red Heart brand Peruvian Print- it's funky, but really pretty!

Page 1 of 2 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics