Page 3 of 88 
Username Post: COF Critique Group #3--Why not join us!        (Topic#1452287)
Helena Philips
Governor
Helena Philips
In response to lcmemories

Evening ladies, just checking in!!!!

Melissa hope you are feeling a lot better now, congrads on the new job offer!!!!

Chelseavantol go for it, you never know where stuff like this could lead, imagine getting paid to play with fantastic stash!!!!!!!

My little girl Aimee, isn't feeling too good either! She has got another cold, and she coughs all night, for the past few nights I have been sleeping in the lounge with her for 2 reasons, first she vomits when she gets all caught up, it's the only way she will clear out all the yucky stuff, and I am too afraid I won't hear her if she is in her room (I wear hearing aids, and have to take them out at night so my hearing is so bad, I hear very little, so when I am in the same room as her I can hear her and wake up) second, it's a lot cooler in the lounge and helps her a lot!
Last night was the first night she slept through without coughing, and so far tonight she hasn't coughed so I will probably stay here in the lounge with her tonight, and hopefully tomorrow we will be back in our own beds!!!!!

BTW thank you so much for all the love in my gallery!!!
XXXX

Helena Philips
Governor
Helena Philips
In response to wendyjo

• wendyjo Said:

That is cool that my BOM was on the home page. I wish I could have saw it. I wondered how certain LO's got featured.

I think how the featured layouts work is:
when you get a vote, it gets featured and the more votes you get the more often it feautres I think!!!
XXXX

BethG.
BethG. 
Idol
BethG.
In response to wendyjo

Soooo. My DH and I want to the ballet matinee today. Unfortunately I picked the wrong ballet to introduce him to The Arts! It's pretty bad when the Ballet gets political. I had the bright idea that if I didn't take him to a full length ballet the he'd get a better cross section. We went to a mixed repertory program so there were three shorter dances. Two were great (One coreographed by Balanchine and the other based on Gershwin tuens) but they had this really strange one called Swansong (Chritopher Bruce). It was about two military men torturing a prisoner! We sat through that droll for 40 minutes! Sooo disappointed.

We went to dinner and my DH announced that he's putting off getting his office in order because he wants to buy another boat! Needless to say I told him that he's getting a new computer to use, even if he uses the box for his desk! I want my scrap room BACK! I think we'll see the computer in the next few weeks (or else)

Any way...back to scrapping and scanning everyones galleries. Just needed to get that off my mind! Geesh!

Beth G.

3jmom
3jmom 
Governor
3jmom
  • 3jmom on 02-24-08 05:33 PM
In response to BethG.

Hi Ladies!

Sorry - I've been so busy this weekend I kinda disappeared! My youngest son had a friend spend the night Friday, then my oldest son had 4 (yes 4) friends spend the night last night. It was a lot of fun, though - but very LOUD! They played Rock Band most of the afternoon and evening, and 2 (including my son) played electric guitar at the same time. kinda crazy, but they had a blast... then went outside at 11pm to have an air soft pellet-gun war... lol

Hopefully I'll have time to do my BOM LO this week... wish me luck!

I'm LOVING all of your LO's!

BethG.
BethG. 
Idol
BethG.
In response to 3jmom

OK laides...I'm struggeling with the BOM page. I saw something somewhere on sb.com that had a list of things to ask yourself...does anyone know where it is?

BethG.
BethG. 
Idol
BethG.
In response to BethG.

What do you know! I found it under the tips, tricks and techniques forum if anyone else is interested.

scrapperbee
Angel
scrapperbee
In response to BethG.

FINALLY got this lo done--spent way too much time on it, started over twice. Any suggestions are more than welcome.

Sorry about all the sick kids--as for me, I've decided I have a sinus infection, been fighting it for a month, so will call the doctor tomorrow.

Tommy the Train Toothbrush

3jmom
3jmom 
Governor
3jmom
  • 3jmom on 02-24-08 06:18 PM
In response to BethG.

I am! I am! Can you post a link? Thanks!!!

BethG.
BethG. 
Idol
BethG.
In response to 3jmom

Here you go!

http://www.scrapbook.com/forums/showtopic.php?tid/13747...

BethG.
BethG. 
Idol
BethG.
In response to scrapperbee

Bev..how did you do the circle journaling? MS Word?

Beth

scrapperbee
Angel
scrapperbee
In response to BethG.

I have a scrapbooking program, Scrapbook Factory 2.0, that I think some people use for digital sbing, but I've never gotten farther than using it for shaped journaling! I got it free one year for buying TurboTax!

3jmom
3jmom 
Governor
3jmom
  • 3jmom on 02-24-08 06:57 PM
In response to BethG.

• BethG. Said:

Thanks, Beth!

Croppin Momma
Pro
Croppin Momma
In response to BethG.

mms...off to do some scrapping. I haven't been able to ALL weekend.

I don't have a sick baby...but a teething baby. I wish that the tooth would just come through. She's miserable, she goes through spurts were she will just cry for 20 minutes straight. She can't sleep. Then my son came home from my parents and hadn't slept well last night so he was cranky ALL day and finally went to sleep for the night at 5:30...he usually doesn't go to bed at night til around 9:30. He was out...poor kid!

Anyway, off to try to get some scrapping done. At least my lift.

Sherrise
Mayor
Sherrise
In response to Croppin Momma

Hi girls! No scrapping for me this weekend. I was longing to get to it all weekend, but the house was just too full of people. Then I was tired out by the time they all left. My hubby was VERY surprised by his visitors though, and that was so exciting for him.. it was worth it!

Hope everyone is on the mend! Have a great week everyone, and keep up the great work!!

chelseavantol
Expert
chelseavantol
In response to Sherrise

Hey ladies hope everyone is well today...

Lovely layouts everyone has posted today/yesterday. I hope to get some time to comment on them all individually but please don't hate me if I can't.

We cleared out the apartment this weekend. Wow, what a job. I hate moving!! It's never fun... and you always remember how bad it is but when it comes to doing it over it just gets worse every time I think LOL. There is still some cleaning and a few things to bring tommorrow but luckily being pregnant has gotten me out of that and I get to stay at my mom's house (well, I DO have to do a ton of laundry so I'm not completely off the hook) while she and the fiance go back and finish up the last minute details. Then I get to enjoy my damage deposit :P hopefully I can spend a little on some scrap supplies... ahhh... I am so addicted. I want another cricut cartridge (walmart has em on sale for $67).

I won't be on too much from now until probably the beginning of April. We're leaving my mom's next Sunday and then doing the road trip across Canada. When we get there, we will be staying with Matt's mom and she only has dialup internet. However, that will give me a chance to play around with lots of cards and scrapping stuff since I won't have much else to do!

I'll miss you guys will check in again soon.

Kellmorris
Governor
Kellmorris

Bev, is an attorney the same as a solicitor/lawyer?? What branch of the law do you practise? Hope your little one feels better soon.

Helena, sorry to hear that Mellissa is sick too, I think this is the first time I realised how bad your hearing loss was, have you always had it?

Beth, i love the ballet, what a disappointment to see such rubbish. I introduced my Oldest Ds to ballet, we went to see "Dracula" It was so thrilling and so athletic he was completely enthralled. Funnily enough some of my Christian friends weren't happy about me going saying it was evil!! I pointed out it was fiction and a ballet is not going to shift my faith...anyway it was a great night out for me and my son!

Diana...was missing you! Sounds like your house was rocking!! Our house has been quiet this week, our son has been staying with friends most of the week as it is mid-term break. My DH and I have had a few nice cosy meals together though!

Beth I was lucky enough, a few months ago, to do a 12 hour class with the designer Shimelle Laine. The title of the day was Fill My Little world. Some of the titles were
  • My home
  • Someone we love
  • Hobbies
  • Contents of my handbag (purse)
  • the best and worst of me
  • Having fun
  • how I start the day
  • my family
  • Something I love to do ( I chose cooking)
  • How I relax
  • My scraproom
  • My working life
  • My home town
  • My collections
  • My garden

I don't know if that helps at all. you just need to look at your day and carry the camera and photograph everything you do in the day, no matter how mundane. It is s lot of fun!

Nicole, aren't teeth a pain!! Pain to get, pain to look after, pain to lose!!!

Sherrise, so glad your weekend was successful and your DH enjoyed himself. I was busy doing your lift.

Chelsea, good luck with the move, when we moved into our house 15 years ago, we swore it would be the last but it will be too big when we retire so we are hoping to build a new smaller house. that will be the last time!!!

I think i have caught up with everyone. Had a wonderful 12 hour crop on Saturday, just have to put a few finishing touches to my Lo and ATCs and I will post them later. but first I am off to check out your new posted work.

Kellmorris
Governor
Kellmorris
In response to Kellmorris

Just sharing some vintage ATCs i have made for a swap.

WOW ATCs, Vintage shoes
By Kellmorris

WOW ATCs Sufferagettes
By Kellmorris

Gemini Twins
Diva
Gemini Twins

I hope that all that are feeling ill are feeling better today. I love all the ATC cards.

Kellmorris, that idea Fill MY Little World would be a good challenge. I love the titles. You should do it!!!

Kellmorris
Governor
Kellmorris
In response to Gemini Twins

Just popped in to post my Sherrise lift

Glamour
By Kellmorris

and this is the LO I used for the lift. I turned the design around to fit my photo and added a bit of bling

Fall
By Sherrise

Kellmorris
Governor
Kellmorris

• debbieann Said:

I hope that all that are feeling ill are feeling better today. I love all the ATC cards.

Kellmorris, that idea Fill MY Little World would be a good challenge. I love the titles. You should do it!!!

I did do it...we did 23 Lo in one day...what I shattered?? I am still adding to it as time goes on.

Gemini Twins
Diva
Gemini Twins

• Kellmorris Said:
  • debbieann Said:

I did do it...we did 23 Lo in one day...what I shattered?? I am still adding to it as time goes on.

I can imagine that you must have been tired. Was this a specific place or at home? How could you have all the pics ready in one day. I would just have everyong pick and do a title for the challenge. Just an idea!!!

Kellmorris
Governor
Kellmorris

Just another one to share but the colours haven't come up at well. you will notice that I used the same pp as the sherrise lift, what an economical little scrapper i am

1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
By Kellmorris

and a picture of me, checking in to all you!!

mini - me at play
By Kellmorris

scrapperbee
Angel
scrapperbee

Great lo's and projects. Kell, Laura is the attorney. I am a teacher.

Still not feeling perky. Going to take a nap and then hopefully scrap some.

Edited by scrapperbee on 02-25-08 04:07 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Kellmorris
Governor
Kellmorris

wendyjo
Diva
wendyjo

• Laura C Said:
Here is my BOM page:

Me Right Now By Laura C

Laura~I love your page!!! You two are sure CUTE!!!

wendyjo
Diva
wendyjo
In response to wendyjo

Hi Ladies...Holy smoke. You all have been busy chatters this weekend. Well, finally, my work week has ended. I am offically off until Thursday. So, I will be able to hang around here a little bit more. I haven't done any scrapping this weekend, but I was able to work on the recipe box, which is getting cuter and cuter. I want to make tons of them. Anyway, I will be posting some pics when I have it completed.

My husband and I are getting ready to move in the middle of March. But before we move into the home we are going to finish the basement, and re-texture and paint a few rooms up stairs. It is a ton of work and $$!! But, I get a great scrapbooking room out of the deal. I am SO excited.

Did any of you with Cricut's hear about the buy 2 cartridges in December, mail in a rebate form, and get one free in the mail? If so, will you please let me know if you have received your cartridges in the mail? I have been so patient. It has been over two months. I am anxious to see what cartridges I got.

I will check in again soon. It was great to see what you all have been doing. I hope to log on later this evening.

Talk with you soon,

Sherrise
Mayor
Sherrise
In response to wendyjo

Wendy, how exciting that you're getting your own room!! I'd be over the moon!! It's FUN to paint and pick your own colors, etc.

Here's hoping Chelsea is safely on her way!

scrapperbee
Angel
scrapperbee
In response to Sherrise

Here's another dgs lo--really working on my stack of pics, and my stash. I'm in the scrapfasters challenge that basically means no money to spend for six months--not counting pics and adhesive. We're allowed $5 per month--I've already spent through March. Oh well.

Play

So happy for everyone who has a scraproom--I use the dining room table. Have a picture of dgs and me scrapping at it and want to use that for my BOM page, but I can't find the pic!

scrapperbee
Angel
scrapperbee

Oh yes, I get the impression some/many/all? of you would like to have a swap. Two questions--of what, and what about having members on both sides of the Atlantic? Please pm me your thoughts.

scrapperbee
Angel
scrapperbee

Thought I'd share one more dgs lo--then it's to bed.

Prince Charming

BethG.
BethG. 
Idol
BethG.
In response to chelseavantol

Good luck on your trip and take care of that baby!

Beth G.

chelseavantol
Expert
chelseavantol
In response to BethG.

oops... I bought another cricut cartridge today :O (doodlecharms).

Kellmorris
Governor
Kellmorris

• scrapperbee Said:
Oh yes, I get the impression some/many/all? of you would like to have a swap. Two questions--of what, and what about having members on both sides of the Atlantic? Please pm me your thoughts.

I have been involved in swaps across the Atlantic for a while, post takes a bit longer so you have to allow for that when setting dates. It cost about $4.50 to send a small pack to UK. We can paypal the money for postage, if necessary. Postcard and greeting card swaps are posted at the cost of the sender, it costs more to send not a huge amount.

Gemini Twins
Diva
Gemini Twins

Good morning to all the beauties in this forum. Still not up fully yet. Need another cup of coffee. lol

Went to see Semi_pro last night. I got a free ticket for the premire showing, the best kind! It was good! I laughed my head off. It started off alittle slow but picked up.

Finally got a few more LOs up on my gallery.

1. [image]
Poolside 2
By Debbieann[/image]

2. [image]
Poolside1
By Debbieann[/image]

3. [image]
Engagment of Robert & Jesse
By Debbieann[/image]

4. [image]
Grammie
By Debbieann[/image]

Edited by debbieann on 02-26-08 03:34 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

MeliMedina
Queen
MeliMedina

Popping in from work! Will get back here and check out the newer layouts after work! Hope you ladies have a great day!

wendyjo
Diva
wendyjo
In response to MeliMedina

Bev~ I would love to be involved in a swap and I don't care where I need to send it. I think gift bags would be a good swap. Everyone could always use a gift bag. I have never made a book mark. That could be fun. I can't wait to see what you all want to swap!!

Have a great Tuesday!!

I am going to visit some galleries!!

Kellmorris
Governor
Kellmorris
In response to wendyjo

As Easter is almost due, maybe we should start with an easter card to each other.

wendyjo
Diva
wendyjo

Easter card would be good too. I totally forgot about Easter coming so soon.

wendyjo
Diva
wendyjo
In response to wendyjo

Kiddos By Wendyjo

YAH!! Finally time for new LO's!!!

MeliMedina
Queen
MeliMedina
In response to wendyjo

ACUTH!

I like the idea of sending Easter cards! Or even cards in general, for those who may not celebrate Easter or even a spring related all-occasion card.

That's my $0.02.

Chelsea, we'll miss you!

Debbie, get an eviction notice to your DH to GET OUT of your scraproom! hehehe

Good luck with the move, Wendy!

I think I got everything. I hope everyone has a wonderful day! I'm going to try to get some scrapping done since my oldest DS is having his "reading time" and my youngest is napping!

Croppin Momma
Pro
Croppin Momma

mms...i think that I am all caught up on LO's now. I am hopefully going to post mine tonight and start on some more.

Gemini Twins
Diva
Gemini Twins

Easter cards would be nice to swap.

Helena Philips
Governor
Helena Philips

Hi all,

I would be in on an Easter swap!!!!

Here is a layout just for sharing!!!

Cousins 4 Ever
By Helena Philips

I have entered it in the multi pic challenge!

XXXXX

Kellmorris
Governor
Kellmorris
In response to Helena Philips

JCI to see you all my dear friends before I go to bed. Great Lo Helena. Hope the card swap can be organised.

scrapperbee
Angel
scrapperbee

jci--looks like we're leaning toward an Easter card swap, but still have quite a few more to let me know--either by this thread or a pm. BTW, I have never done a swap, so I definitely need some help and/or guidance in getting it organized!

Croppin Momma
Pro
Croppin Momma

An Easter card swap sounds good. I'm not quite sure how that works though, so someone fill me in if we decide to do it. Thanks!

Also, I am hosting a Recipe swap. My first time hosting. If anyone is interested here is the link:

http://www.scrapbook.com/forums/showtopic.php?tid/14539...

Edited by Croppin' Momma on 02-26-08 05:04 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Croppin Momma
Pro
Croppin Momma
In response to Croppin Momma

Finally got my scraplift of Sherrise's layout complete. It's my son and I.

Me and My Mom
Sherrise's Layout - My Heart

Here's a couple other ones also:

A New Addition Page 1
A New Addition Page 2
Winter Wonderland

As you can see I actually got a lot done. I got on a roll for some reason. Have 2 more that just need to be finished up, that I'll leave for another night.

Edited by Croppin' Momma on 02-26-08 06:44 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Gemini Twins
Diva
Gemini Twins

• scrapperbee Said:
jci--looks like we're leaning toward an Easter card swap, but still have quite a few more to let me know--either by this thread or a pm. BTW, I have never done a swap, so I definitely need some help and/or guidance in getting it organized!

I can help you out. I have done many swaps on another board.

BethG.
BethG. 
Idol
BethG.

ok ladies..here's my BOM page..such as it is. Any suggestions?

I'll look at everyone's stuff tomorrow..I didn't have much time tonight.

Sleep tight!

Beth

5 things About me By BethG.

Kellmorris
Governor
Kellmorris

• scrapperbee Said:

I think we have 2 choices,

1. We all make a card for each other and post them out to each other. ( i favour this one)
2. We just make one and you decide who we send it too. (like a secret sister post)

With the addresses what they do for other swaps i have done is we pm you our address and you complie a list and pm it to each of us.

scrapperbee
Angel
scrapperbee

Okay, so--I need the addresses. Please pm me with this; then we'll make a card for everyone who wants to be in the swap. So, if you send me your address, you're in.

Thanks all!

Gemini Twins
Diva
Gemini Twins

My addy is ...

Debbie Levine
4214 Lancashire Lane
Orlando, FL 32812

Thanks.

BethG.
BethG. 
Idol
BethG.

Question for you ladies....has anyone ever tried to embellish ghost embellies or anything made of PVC? I have some Maya Road sheers that I purchased and I cant get anything to stick. I've tried both stamping and glitter. I found out that I have to use StayzOn ink but the glitter thing has me stumped! Glitter just comes off in sheets when it's dry! The one lo I used those crazy flowers with glitter only has part of the design I put on the flowers and I'm not sure how long they're going to last! I'm sure I'll end up redoing it.

Any suggestions?

wendyjo
Diva
wendyjo
In response to BethG.

Good Morning Ladies... I hope everyone slept well !!

Last evening we finished sheetrocking the basement, and cleaning alot of yuck!! Anywhoo..it will be great when we are finished. I have some photos of the progress. We are looking at a few more weeks until completion with our work schedules. I will post the photo in a bit.

Lots of great work in the galleries!! I left some lovin for ya.

Oh! Something funny my hubby said, he thinks we should name the scrappin room "I don't give a Scrap".
He had some other suggestions as well, but I will refrain from passing those along.

Bev, I will PM my address this afternoon. I need to find out what my new Zip Code is at my new house. I assume I will be living in my new house when the swap will be sent.

scrapperbee
Angel
scrapperbee
In response to wendyjo

Snow day today. But so far--I had promised myself if we had a snow day I would work on taxes. Now I'm checking in, and then will get to scrapping.

Kellmorris
Governor
Kellmorris

• debbieann Said:
My addy is ...

Debbie Levine
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks.

I don't think you should post your address on a public site!! There are some weird people around. Just PM it to our great leader!

MeliMedina
Queen
MeliMedina

JCI - I'm caught up. I'll be PMing you my addy in a minute, Bev.

The only thing I can think of as far as your question, Beth, is to use some clear acrylic with glitter in it? I know I have painted HS ghost letters with MM acrylic paint and it stayed. I did paint the back, though, that went against the layout, so it was a bit protected and couldn't get rubbed off.

scrapperbee
Angel
scrapperbee

Beth, the closest to glitter I've done with ghost embellies is to heat emboss them with embossing powder. I also have painted with MM specialty glaze. Both of these did give some bling.

Helena Philips
Governor
Helena Philips
In response to BethG.

• BethG. Said:
Question for you ladies....has anyone ever tried to embellish ghost embellies or anything made of PVC? I have some Maya Road sheers that I purchased and I cant get anything to stick. I've tried both stamping and glitter. I found out that I have to use StayzOn ink but the glitter thing has me stumped! Glitter just comes off in sheets when it's dry! The one lo I used those crazy flowers with glitter only has part of the design I put on the flowers and I'm not sure how long they're going to last! I'm sure I'll end up redoing it.

Any suggestions?

Sorry haven't a clue, I will be speaking to my friend who owns a craft shop and is such a fantastic crafter to see if she has any ideas!!!!
XXXX

MeliMedina
Queen
MeliMedina

• scrapperbee Said:
Beth, the closest to glitter I've done with ghost embellies is to heat emboss them with embossing powder. I also have painted with MM specialty glaze. Both of these did give some bling.

Wow! I'm wondering how you did that without melting the plastic! I tried that once and I guess I let it get too hot and it warped it!

scrapperbee
Angel
scrapperbee

Melissa, on the heat embossing, I hold it about 6" away. The embellies get soft, but if you don't touch them, they reharden quickly.

chelseavantol
Expert
chelseavantol

Way 2 Go

Cupcakes!

I made a couple of things while hanging out at my mom's yesterday... doing cards right now because I'm out of photos to scrap. We're hoping to sell cards in our tea room at the inn.

Now I'm off to catch up on all the stuff everyone has posted

wendyjo
Diva
wendyjo

Before pic of scrap room By Wendyjo

Here is the "newly sheetrocked" room.

Soon to come...the finished product.

Wax Museum By Wendyjo

Here is an LO I did today. Not my best LO, but I think the pics and title are comical.

How is everyone today? I'm having a pretty good one. I did get to take all of our garage junk off the shelves today, and put it in pile so that we can move the shelves and then I'll pack up the junk in the piles to put back on the shelves in the new garage. Of coarse, I think it is junk, but someone else I know thinks it is treasure. I keep thinking...Garage Sale.

Talk with you all soon,

Sherrise
Mayor
Sherrise
In response to wendyjo

Hey ladies.. there's a girl posting on the other thread looking to join us. I'm sure we have room for one more, right?! I told her to post here, and we'll be here to welcome her.. her name is Carolyn. just a heads up.

I'm excited to start a swap! I'm game to try anything, so whenever you gals decide to try something... you know you can count me in!

I'll be catching up on comments tonight.

Kellmorris
Governor
Kellmorris
In response to Sherrise

Sounds good, i think we must be up to our full number then.

i am off to lodon tomorrow to see Tutankhamen's treasures and then on to see the Chinese Terracotta Army, can't wait. So excited!!

MeliMedina
Queen
MeliMedina

• scrapperbee Said:
Melissa, on the heat embossing, I hold it about 6" away. The embellies get soft, but if you don't touch them, they reharden quickly.

I'm going to find a layout to make just so I can try it now!

Gemini Twins
Diva
Gemini Twins

Chelsea, the cupcake cards are soo cute. Can we have a party now????

Wendyjo, that room is going to awesome. You are going to be so happy when its done.

Kellmorris, I resemble that statemant. lol Ihaven't met a scrapper yet that isn't alittle weird. lol

Sherrise, by all means let Carolyn join in the fun! The more the merrier. This reminds me of the song by Peter, Paul and Mary called "Move Over for Marty"

BethG.
BethG. 
Idol
BethG.

I'd be interested to know that too! I'm going to try stamping on some of them this weekend to see how they look...otherwise I may have purchased an expensive white elephant! Oh well...live and learn 9and go b roke while having fun!)

scrapperbee
Angel
scrapperbee
In response to BethG.

Looking forward to hearing from Carolyn. And so far, seven have signed up for the Easter card swap. Plan is--I will pm the final address list to everyone on the list. People can mail the cards directly to those on their side of the Atlantic. Everyone else can put their's together and mail them to me, and then I will send them to the right place. Does that sound okay?

So--and I'll put this on the first post also.

Deadline to sign up for card swap--March 1.

Goal for cards to be to the recipient--by Easter!

wendyjo
Diva
wendyjo

Wax Museum #2 By Wendyjo
Thanks Melissa!!  You guys were right, this is better.

Bev, I am totally in with the card swap!!

You all have  a great night!!  Back to work tomorrow

I love the new smiles!!!

Sherrise
Mayor
Sherrise
In response to wendyjo

Oh boy! New smiles!!

Well.. scratch my former comment.. Carolyn will NOT be joining us. She didnt' think she'd hear back from anyone, and she joined a different newbie group.

We'll all just stick together!

3jmom
3jmom 
Governor
3jmom
  • 3jmom on 02-27-08 06:56 PM

• Kellmorris Said:
Sounds good, i think we must be up to our full number then.

i am off to lodon tomorrow to see Tutankhamen's treasures and then on to see the Chinese Terracotta Army, can't wait. So excited!!

You go see the most interesting things! I had never heard of the terracotta army - so I googled it. (What a strange thing to make! Larger than life pottery soldiers???) I would love to see them, though - now that I know the history. Hope you take lots of pics!

Oooh - new smilies? Wonder if they have a lo...nevermind. lol

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories
In response to BethG.

• BethG. Said:

Any suggestions?

Beth, I used the HS Ghost letters in my Pooh Crystal Palace layout, and applied Stickles glitter glue to the back of the letters, and just stuck those babies on. The glitter showed through the other side, just highlighting the letters enough, and also showing the glitter. Once it dried, those letters did not budge. Does that help?

Here is what the title "Crystal" looked like:
Pooh&friends left side By Laura C

Edited by Laura C on 02-27-08 10:17 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Gemini Twins
Diva
Gemini Twins

• Laura C Said:
  • BethG. Said:

Any suggestions?

Beth, I used the HS Ghost letters in my Pooh Crystal Palace layout, and applied Stickles glitter glue to the back of the letters, and just stuck those babies on. The glitter showed through the other side, just highlighting the letters enough, and also showing the glitter. Once it dried, those letters did not budge. Does that help?

I have used Stazon Ink on them and it works great.

Gemini Twins
Diva
Gemini Twins
In response to Sherrise

• Sherrise Said:
Oh boy! New smiles!!

Well.. scratch my former comment.. Carolyn will NOT be joining us. She didnt' think she'd hear back from anyone, and she joined a different newbie group.

We'll all just stick together!

Tell her that she can still join us.

Gemini Twins
Diva
Gemini Twins

Bev, did you get your taxes done?

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories

Hi everyone!! It's been a busy few days here, and I haven't been online much. Love all the new lo's!! I can see you all have been busy. I think I am almost caught up with comments, but I'll go back in a sec and make certain.

Bev, I am definitely "in" on the Easter swap. I'll start to work on my cards in the next day or so.

Kell, wish I could join you. I would LOVE to see the terracota soldiers. They are fascinating! I went to see a Tutankhamen's exhibit when it was in New Orleans, Lousiana over 30 years ago. It was one of my first trips to a museum, and I've been hooked on going to all sorts of museums since then. Would love to see all those treasures again.

Hi Debbie!! Looks like you and I are both up late tonight. It is great to see ya!

Wendy, I checked out your future scrap room. Loved your dh's nickname for it. My dh might call it something else less desirable, since he teases me about this addiction all the time.

Nicole, I signed up for your recipe swap. Sounds like fun!

Well, I guess I'll see if I can come up with an idea for my Easter cards, and a recipe for Nicole's swap. I'll check back again tomorrow.

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories

Debbie, I just checked out your gallery. You have been a busy lady since the 19th. Love your latest lo's!!

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories

If anyone gets a chance, try to stop by and vote in the Use Your Swap challenge poll:

Kellmorris
Governor
Kellmorris

Laura you must be as old as me if you saw them that long ago, I saw Tutankhamen in London in the early 80s.

Diana I would prefer to see the Terracotta army in China, but London will have to do for today!!

Gemini Twins
Diva
Gemini Twins

• Laura C Said:
Debbie, I just checked out your gallery. You have been a busy lady since the 19th. Love your latest lo's!!

Thanks for all the comments on my los. I guess that we are both having a late night. Restless night and I have to be up and out the door by 9:30. Taking my ex boyfriend's mother to the drs. I really don't know how to say our relationship now. He calls everyday, asks for my help and opinions but i think that its just to talk. He is a PI in Tampa. We dated for 3 yrs, broke up and dated again. I have worked on cases with him during that time. Even had my PI license also. His mother told me that she would like us to get married but he is stubborn.

Sherrise
Mayor
Sherrise

Hi Laura! I don't remember seeing that layout of yours before! I love how the letters turned out!!
I too saw King Tut in the 80's! In Philadelphia.. how cool!!

Kell, I'm jealous of all your history over there, it is just amazing. Have a wonderful time!!

Debbie.. you're a busy girl, AND a PI! Isnt' that cool. My opinion.. if he's calling you every day.. it ain't just to talk girlfriend, lol.

Have a great day everyone!

scrapperbee
Angel
scrapperbee
In response to Sherrise

Well, another snow day. Yes, I got our taxes done. Didn't have any plans for a second snow day--well, really icy road day since there isn't that much snow--and since I'm still fighting this "whatever I have" I'll probably just rest and scrap all day!

Yes, we still have room for one more, though one of our old group had posted on the old thread, and I invited her to come over. Haven't heard from her yet.

Helena Philips
Governor
Helena Philips

• Laura C Said:
  • BethG. Said:

Any suggestions?

Just a thought but have you tried a clear drying glue like PVA???

XXXX

Helena Philips
Governor
Helena Philips

OOPs don't know what happened above, lol!!!

JCI to see everyone!!!

XXXX

BethG.
BethG. 
Idol
BethG.

Im not sure we have PVA on this side of the pond but I'll sure check it out!

thanks!
Beth

BethG.
BethG. 
Idol
BethG.

Are we making the same card for everyone? what size should we make? I've never participated in a swap before so I'm just clarifying. I'll try to get to galleries tonight...have to go to the gym after work

Beth

MeliMedina
Queen
MeliMedina
In response to BethG.

JCI!

And I wanted to try out a few new smilies, too! hehehe

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories

• Kellmorris Said:
Laura you must be as old as me if you saw them that long ago, I saw Tutankhamen in London in the early 80s.

LOL!! I could be! I remember being in high school at the time I saw the King Tut exhibit, and I thought I was in either the 9th or 10th grade . . . however, it may have been a bit later.

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories

Ok, I thought I had not lost too much of my memory. The Tut exhibit was in New Orleans in 1977. Had to do a google search to check. So, I would have been 14 when I went to see that. That was a LONG TIME AGO!!!!

wendyjo
Diva
wendyjo

• Laura C Said:
Hi everyone!! It's been a busy few days here, and I haven't been online much. Love all the new lo's!! I can see you all have been busy. I think I am almost caught up with comments, but I'll go back in a sec and make certain.

Bev, I am definitely "in" on the Easter swap. I'll start to work on my cards in the next day or so.

Kell, wish I could join you. I would LOVE to see the terracota soldiers. They are fascinating! I went to see a Tutankhamen's exhibit when it was in New Orleans, Lousiana over 30 years ago. It was one of my first trips to a museum, and I've been hooked on going to all sorts of museums since then. Would love to see all those treasures again.

Hi Debbie!! Looks like you and I are both up late tonight. It is great to see ya!

Wendy, I checked out your future scrap room. Loved your dh's nickname for it. My dh might call it something else less desirable, since he teases me about this addiction all the time.

Nicole, I signed up for your recipe swap. Sounds like fun!

Well, I guess I'll see if I can come up with an idea for my Easter cards, and a recipe for Nicole's swap. I'll check back again tomorrow.

Hi guys!!! I want to get in touch with Nicloe to do a recipe swap!!! HELP Nicole, where are you?

wendyjo
Diva
wendyjo
In response to wendyjo

How is everyone today!!!???

I am just got home from work and I am sneaking in some time before I head out the new house for more work I have to remember how worth it will be in the end!!

I need to get to galleries, and see what you all have been up to. I will probably do that late tonight or early tomorrow.

If I'm not here later, it will be in the AM!!

Have a super night.

PS~ Can you tell me how I can get in touch with Nicole for the recipe swap???

Gemini Twins
Diva
Gemini Twins
In response to Sherrise

• Sherrise Said:
Hi Laura! I don't remember seeing that layout of yours before! I love how the letters turned out!!
I too saw King Tut in the 80's! In Philadelphia.. how cool!!

Kell, I'm jealous of all your history over there, it is just amazing. Have a wonderful time!!

Debbie.. you're a busy girl, AND a PI! Isnt' that cool. My opinion.. if he's calling you every day.. it ain't just to talk girlfriend, lol.

Have a great day everyone!

PI work is nothing like they show it on TV but it is interesting getting the info on the bad guy. I and you know that but he doesn't want to admit to it. He called twice this morning. It is so frustrating cuz when he says sweetie, I naturally just say sweetheart back without thinking. Then I get upset with myself afterwards. If he doesn't want the commitment, then why keep the ties to me. I trying to get over him but its tough. I do love him and trying to get on with my life but he is making it tough. Dunno what to do?????

Kellmorris
Governor
Kellmorris
In response to wendyjo

• wendyjo Said:
How is everyone today!!!???

I am just got home from work and I am sneaking in some time before I head out the new house for more work I have to remember how worth it will be in the end!!

I need to get to galleries, and see what you all have been up to. I will probably do that late tonight or early tomorrow.

If I'm not here later, it will be in the AM!!

Have a super night.

PS~ Can you tell me how I can get in touch with Nicole for the recipe swap???

Here is the link to her thread

scrapperbee
Angel
scrapperbee

Can't finish my Turkey album until I get my snapfish order--thought it would be here today.

So, here's a dgs lo!

Yale

scrapperbee
Angel
scrapperbee

Oh, and we're up to nine for the Easter card swap.

BethG.
BethG. 
Idol
BethG.

Good evening! I can't spend much time here tonight...I gotta let my dh use the computer because he took me out to dinner and then to Ikea to buy a new scrap desk! Ye haw! Once I get it unpacked I'll take a pic and let you see my room in progress...Still need one more bookcase and to paint my existing work desk and I'll be done. I'll be MIA most of the weekend 'cause I'll be painting! Gotta get this crazy room done before it makes ME crazy! What a disaster area it is right now. I'll try to get to galleries tomorrow night.
Can someone please tell me how I can fix each of your galleries to send me an e-mail each time you upload something? That would sure help!

Have a great evening and I'll check back in tomorrow if just for a bit.

Beth

MeliMedina
Queen
MeliMedina
In response to BethG.

OK! I finally got something done. I gave alcohol ink a try on some HS Ghost Letters! First time. I've had the stuff to do it forever. Just never had a reason. lol.

My name is...
By MelissaW

Off to bed now! I have to be to work in the AM plus I have to go do the paperwork for my new position plus I have to finish the shopping for my oldest DS's birthday party on Sunday. (He turned three today. Time goes too fast!)

Have a great evening, everyone!

Edited by MelissaW on 02-28-08 08:17 PM. Reason for edit: the cheese stands alone this late at night =/

wendyjo
Diva
wendyjo

• scrapperbee Said:
Oh, and we're up to nine for the Easter card swap.

Will we be making cards for everyone involved in the swap or will we be paired up?

Kellmorris
Governor
Kellmorris
In response to wendyjo

I think we are making one for everyone,

Regarding sending them i think we should send them to each other rather than sending them all to you BEV, a lot less work for you, what do you think?

Page 3 of 88 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics