Page 4 of 88 
Username Post: COF Critique Group #3--Why not join us!        (Topic#1452287)
scrapperbee
Deity
scrapperbee
In response to Kellmorris

On the card swap, my thinking was for everyone to send their cards to the people on their side of the Atlantic, but send the cards to go across to me. Since I'll be sending a card to everyone anyway, that won't be that much extra for me. So, if we have nine people, everyone would make eight cards and would mail all the cards themselves except for the ones that go overseas.

And, yes, it's the middle of the night here. I woke up, took out the dog, and thought I'd check in.

BethG.
BethG. 
Idol
BethG.

Kelli:

I think the only ones we're sending to Bev are the ones that go to your side of the pond! lol

Beth

wendyjo
Diva
wendyjo
In response to BethG.

How many gals live in "on the other side"?

BTW...Good Morning!!

Croppin Momma
Pro
Croppin Momma
In response to wendyjo

Sending my address for the Easter Swap. Glad that you got my link Wendy. I will make sure that I add you, glad to have you.

Kellmorris
Governor
Kellmorris
In response to wendyjo

• wendyjo Said:
How many gals live in "on the other side"?

BTW...Good Morning!!

2 of us. 1 English 1 Irish!

scrapperbee
Deity
scrapperbee

That's what I was figuring--2. On the other hand, if people what to send all of their own, that's fine. And if Kell and Helena want to send their stack to me that's fine too. Whatever works best for each of you will work best for me!

scrapperbee
Deity
scrapperbee
In response to scrapperbee

I've pm'd the addresses for the swap. Please let me know if you didn't get yours. I realized I didn't have all of you as "friends," so will be doing that now. Here's to great scrapping and card making in March.

Edited by scrapperbee on 02-29-08 06:08 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

scrapperbee
Deity
scrapperbee

And, [drumroll], for March, let's lift Laura.

Here's the link to her gallery:

Laura's Gallery

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories

Great new lo's everyone!

Debbie I saw where you uploaded some layouts in your gallery too.

Beth, so excited for you getting new things for your room. Can't wait to see a photo of the room when you are finished.

Wendy, it sounds like you are busy getting your new house ready. I know it is a lot of hard work. Hang in there kiddo!

I've been a little sick for the past day of so, but I think I am on the mend. Trying to catch up on all those threads I have marked as favorites. Talk to everyone later!

BethG.
BethG. 
Idol
BethG.
In response to lcmemories

Does anyone have any idea how long it will take to get mail across the pond?

I have something in mind but I want to think about it for a few days...plus gotta paint this weekend!

wendyjo
Diva
wendyjo
In response to BethG.

I hope you all had a great day!! Sorry to say hi and run, but it has been a long day. I have so much stuff going on right now, it wears me out.

I had a realization today that I am moving into the new house the weekend of March 22nd. I do have a four day weekend March 27th, 28th, 29th, and 30th. I will go back to work on Monday, March 31st and straight through until April 10th. On the 11th of April, I leave for a 7 day cruise to the southern Caribbean. I will return on April 21st, go back to work on the 22nd, work two day, and go to Vegas for a week at work. I will not even be home for most of April. I'm kind of stressed out. Alot to get ready for work for my abscence, and a messy house. I may freak out !!

Sorry to lay it all on you guys.

I will check in on tomorrow!!

Good Night

Gemini Twins
Diva
Gemini Twins

• scrapperbee Said:
And, [drumroll], for March, let's lift Laura.

Here's the link to her gallery:

Laura's Gallery

Okay Bev, I am in. I have an idea using a pair of old baby shoes of my mother's that I just discovered. Take a picture of them and away we go. lol

MeliMedina
Queen
MeliMedina
In response to Gemini Twins

OK, so for the swap (sorry this is the first I've ever done!), do I make blank cards to send? Or am I supposed to make the card, sign it, and send it like that? (Maybe stupid questions. Sorry in advance if that is the case!)

Off to Laura's gallery to find something to lift!

wendyjo
Diva
wendyjo
In response to MeliMedina

Good Morning!!

I was wondering the same thing about the cards last night.

How are you Melissa?

Sherrise
Mayor
Sherrise

Ok, Wendy, that stressed ME out! I hope you manage to get some rest in there, or you'll never make it, lol. Rest OR scrapping, either one does it for me!

YEAH! I love Laura's gallery! This will be fun!

Gemini Twins
Diva
Gemini Twins
In response to wendyjo

Yes, we need some carity here. Inquiring minds want to know. lol

Croppin Momma
Pro
Croppin Momma

I was wondering the same things on the cards, glad someone remembered to ask.

I am so excited everyone. I bid on a Cricut Expressions last night and got it. And the price??...only $265! I am so excited and it comes with the two cartridges! I can't wait to get it! I hope that I get it in time to use it on my cards.

BethG.
BethG. 
Idol
BethG.
In response to Croppin Momma

OH MAN! you are so lucky! My mom brought hers when she came for a visit at Thanksgiving and we just about wore it out! I'm saving for a Wishblade and hope to have it thus summer! Perhaps my DH will have a soft heart again and surprise me for our anniversary next month!

I woke up this morning and my desk was set up! what a sweetie he is! Here's a pic! Need some ideas though. since the desk is glass (and I cant screw anything to it) I was thinking of getting a decorative piece of molding to put at the bottom to keep my pages from sliding off...Any ideas about some decorative clamps I can buy? I can probably get some of those really big binder clips and alter them but I'd like some more suggestions too! Let me know what you think!

Off to the pain store to start the other desk probject!

scrap desk By BethG.

BethG.
BethG. 
Idol
BethG.
In response to wendyjo

Geeze Wendy! Sounds like a few months I had last spring! Quit a job, got a job, planned a wedding and got married, sold a house, bot a house and like a fool decided it all needed to be decorated at once (I learned my lesson). Just take it slow and remember...there's not much you can do to change it so enjoy the vacation/trip! A new house is always and just think...you'll have your new scrap room when you get there!

Have a good day ladies! I'll try to check in between coats of paint!

Beth

scrapperbee
Deity
scrapperbee
In response to BethG.

Okay, I assumed that in a card swap you made a card and sent it to everyone else in the swap. Thus, everyone would make nine Easter cards and send them to the other nine people. If this isn't right, or this isn't what you all want to do, just let me know. This is my first swap too!!!

Kellmorris
Governor
Kellmorris

• scrapperbee Said:
Okay, I assumed that in a card swap you made a card and sent it to everyone else in the swap. Thus, everyone would make nine Easter cards and send them to the other nine people. If this isn't right, or this isn't what you all want to do, just let me know. This is my first swap too!!!

that sounds good. i don't want a blank card, I would like a little memento from a friend and maybe a small photo of the sender??

scrapperbee
Deity
scrapperbee

I finished my Turkey album today--21 pages. Some of you have already commented on some lo's, but I certainly don't expect everyone to plow through all 21. It was a great trip, and we did get some good pictures. Here's the link for the entire album.

Turkey album

Helena Philips
Governor
Helena Philips

• Kellmorris Said:
  • scrapperbee Said:

that sounds good. i don't want a blank card, I would like a little memento from a friend and maybe a small photo of the sender??

Yep that was how I was thinking it would work!!! Great idea of the photos kell!!!

I have reveived a list of 10 addresses is that right, 10 members doing the swap!

Okay I am a little confused from reading the thread, so please correct me if I am wrong!!!

1. Make 9 Cards
2. Send one card to each member?

XXXX

scrapperbee
Deity
scrapperbee
In response to Helena Philips

Yes, you make nine cards--unless you want to make a tenth one for yourself. At least--I think that's how it works.

Croppin Momma
Pro
Croppin Momma

Ok, going to try and go get some stuff for my Easter cards tomorrow from Joann Fabrics, but since I just bought the Cricut Expressions I am going to try and use my stash also.

scrapperbee
Deity
scrapperbee

I'm on a Scrapfaster regime--going to have to figure out how to do cards from my stash. And I don't have any Easter stamps--maybe I can borrow some!

Anyway, did this lo tonight. Now that Turkey's done, I'm back working on 2007.

Twas the Night Before

wendyjo
Diva
wendyjo

Good Evening Ladies...

Super Cute avatar Kells!!

I wanted to tell you all hi, and I hope you are having a great Saturday.

I cut out of work quite early today to attend my "bonus" childs basketball game. They won and it was great!!

I'll be back tomorrow.

BTW...I am gotten all of my supplies gathered and I can't wait to start the cards!! Fun!!

Talk to you soon,

MeliMedina
Queen
MeliMedina
In response to wendyjo

JCI... today was a busy day!

Swimming class for the kids. Then I had a baby shower. Then I had another party. Then I had to come home and help DH finish cleaning for DS's birthday party tomorrow. Now I'm going to bed!

Hopefully can catch the LOs tomorrow!

Congrats on the new desk, Deb!

Gemini Twins
Diva
Gemini Twins

I will probably be the same way when I get my grands. Don't have any yet but I threaten my sons that I will be that way. This fellow teacher got her granddaughter a credit card when she was 5 years old. I know that I will not do that but drum sets and stereos are good right???

Sherrise
Mayor
Sherrise

Hi Busy Girls!
I think I'll be starting on my cards today. I love the idea of getting a card from all of you, my friends!

Kell, I love your new avatar!!

Melissa, have FUN with the party today.

Bev, that album is just beautiful. What a wonderful memento of your trip. I'm sure everyone you share it with will truly enjoy it!

Kellmorris
Governor
Kellmorris
In response to Sherrise

thanks for the comments on the avatar!
When i was at my crop last week I made a mini year book out of chipboard puzzle pieces, I am going to make a new Avatar every month to celebrate something of the month. I may need some help out there to think of a celebration some months, so put your thinking caps on, and you know me weird and ODD is good!!

I have been using my new photoshop skills to create this one. i downloaded the shamrock wreath from Google images, cut round it with the magnetic lasso, rubbed out middle, inserted my photo underneath, and rubbed the photo image to fit, created a background layer which i filled with colour. 3 layers!! I am very proud of myself.

Even my DS was very slightly impressed!!

BEV what is a fastscrap?? I haven't got any easter stamps, i am going to use flowers ans velum etc. from my stash. i have lots of pretty spring coloured paper and pastel ribbons. Starting cutting paper yesterday but not fully planned them out yet!

BethG.
BethG. 
Idol
BethG.

'morning ladies! I"m in the planning process for my cards. Found some stuff at HobbyLobby but want to see if it'll go on sale this week before I buy! I think the picture idea is great!

Just a question on the addresses for England since there are two different formats..where exactly does the mail code go?

confused in Texas!

Bev...aren't you always a bit sad when you get a big project done! Seems like you're saying goodbye to a fiend! Perhaps that's why I'm still (ugh) working on my wedding album!

Melissa...you are one busy Mom this weekend!

We decided to spend the day with Jeff's family yesterday so the desk fell by the wayside...think I'll just use my new desk and scrap today and put the painting off until Easter weekend since I'll have three days.

scrapperbee
Deity
scrapperbee
In response to BethG.

scrapfaster--fasting from buying scrapbooking materials.

No, I am one of those task-oriented people who loves to mark tasks off of a list.

Glad to see all the planning going into the cards. I hope to get started later this week.

Kellmorris
Governor
Kellmorris

• scrapperbee Said:

No, I am one of those task-oriented people who loves to mark tasks off of a list.

Glad to see all the planning going into the cards. I hope to get started later this week.

OMG, fasting from buying scrap supplies...how long for and why??? Sounds like torture to me

Doesn't matter where you put the postcode, after the town or after the county. just don't forget to put ENGLAND on mine.

Croppin Momma
Pro
Croppin Momma

mms...don't have a whole lot of time today, but i will try to catch up when I get to work sometime tomorrow.

BethG.
BethG. 
Idol
BethG.

OK...here's a new one! I was working on a ly for the bling challenge! I actually ran out of bling! If you'd ever seen my stash you would be shocked! I had to order more to finish the page! DARN! I'll get another package in the mail soon!

BethG.
BethG. 
Idol
BethG.

I'm impressed! It takes me a few hours just to figure out how to do 2 layers in PS!

BTW...is your name Kelli or Jackie?? What would you rather we call you?

scrapperbee
Deity
scrapperbee

• Kellmorris Said:
  • scrapperbee Said:

OMG, fasting from buying scrap supplies...how long for and why??? Sounds like torture to me

Doesn't matter where you put the postcode, after the town or after the county. just don't forget to put ENGLAND on mine.

It's one of the site's challenges. We agreed to spend only $5 per month on scrapbooking for six months--not counting pictures, adhesives, and albums. My goal is to get rid of my stash, some of it five years old, and then go on a buying binge July 1!

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories

Hi everyone!! Sorry to have been gone so much recently. I was sick Friday, but feeling better on Saturday, so I went to see my mom with my ds. Today, we went to a birthday party for one of my ds' friends. I am whipped. I wasn't quite as well as I hoped, so now I am just trying to catch up on the threads.

Wendy, you sound as though you are going to have a busy few months. Have fun on the cruise! I went on one in December and had a blast.

Melissa, how was your son's birthday party? I hope you took lots of pics!

Kell, love your new avatar! I am very impressed with the layering technique you used. It turned out great!

I am signing all of the cards I send out too. I love getting mementos from online friends!

Helena, I saw your new puppy in your gallery. He is a sweetheart. I hope your girls are having fun with him.

Bev, I need to do something like scrapfasters, just so I would finally use up some of my "collection." I am getting a little better about using my stuff, instead of trying to save it for that perfect layout. I found some stuff the other day that I had forgotten I even had.

Nicole, congrats on the Cricut! I know you'll enjoy it!

Hello to everyone else!! I am tired, so I think I am calling it an early night. Hope to get started on my cards in the next day or so. Bye for now!

wendyjo
Diva
wendyjo

Good Evening Ladies...

I wanted to check in and say hello!! I had to work today but now I am working on our cards !!

I hope everyone had a great weekend.

I wanted to let everyone know, that I love chatting with you all in this group. You all are so nice, and it is a pleasure to read through your posts. Thank you for letting me join!!

Chat with you all tomorrow!! It is my Friday

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories
In response to wendyjo

Popping back in quickly. Just checked out all the new stuff in Beth's gallery. Great new lo's!!!

I am trying to add everyone here to my friends list, so I can keep up with your gallery posts. Have a great Monday everyone!!

Croppin Momma
Pro
Croppin Momma

Hey Everyone. Hoping to get through a lot of your LO's today. As long as I am not too busy at work then I should be fine. I'm down 2 employees, which leaves me really short...so I have been running around like a chicken with my head cut off. It will probably be like that for at least another month...what are you going to do though.

Kellmorris
Governor
Kellmorris
In response to BethG.

• BethG. Said:
OK...here's a new one! I was working on a ly for the bling challenge! I actually ran out of bling! If you'd ever seen my stash you would be shocked! I had to order more to finish the page! DARN! I'll get another package in the mail soon!

where? where?

would be so helpful if you could link them. i would love to spend time touring galleries but sadly don't have much time on here being a full time working mum!!

Gemini Twins
Diva
Gemini Twins

Come and play with us for my new challenge. Hope that you will all come out and play with us.

Heritage Layout Challenge

MeliMedina
Queen
MeliMedina

So here I am, after passing out from exhaustion last night.

The birthday party went well. I was up until midnight cleaning, was up at 7:30 to get to the store to finish the shopping. Home by noon so I could get stuff ready.

We had 2 6-year-olds, 2 3-year-olds, 1 2-year-old and 5 babies 1 year and under. It was INSANE but a lot of fun.

The party started at 4 and the last people left at 7:30. I passed out from exhaustion after helping DH clean up. I think it was about 8:30?

This is the last week before I go to a full time job. I have no clue what my energy level is going to be like then. I have a hard enough time with working part-time!

Tomorrow will be less busy. I'll make sure to catch up on everyone else. Sorry I've been out of pocket!

wendyjo
Diva
wendyjo

Good evening ladies...My work week is behind me!!

I am excited about a Stampin Up Party that I am hosting tomorrow. There will be more gals that I expected there!!

I will be checking periodically!!!

Have a good one!!

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories
In response to wendyjo

jci quickly.

Debbie, your heritage challenge sounds like fun!

Melissa, it sounds like you have had a very busy weekend! So much fun though, and such precious memories!

Hi Wendy! Have a great time at your party! Can't wait to see all the great pages you create.

Hope you all have had a great start to the week. Bye for now!

scrapperbee
Deity
scrapperbee

Still trying to get rid of the "plague." Have had it since my Turkey trip. Come home from school, take a nap, and then go to bed early. It has really cramped my scrapbooking.

Now that I've complained, hope everyone has a great day!

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories

Sorry you are feeling under the weather Bev. I hope you get to feeling better soon!

Just checking back in before my day gets started. I think I have finally decided on the design of my cards. I hope to work on those tonight.

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories

Ok, one last post before I get ready for work. I saw these, and can't wait to try some:
buttons

Here are the instructions:

Use SculpyIII clay (oven bake kind)
You can use several colors. You can start out with white and try painting them, but it takes a while to dry, so it speeds things up if you purchase different color clays instead.

Roll little pieces into ball and pressed down to form the circle. you can make all sizes.

Poke the wholes with a pin, or a very easy way to do the button holes, just take a "corn on the cob" holder. It has two "pokers" on the end and then i poked my holes in the middle

Place them on a cookie sheet or one of those pizza stones

-bake them on 275 for 15 minutes...

-let them cool

-then decorate or paint the designs on them.
"opaque paint pens" work great!
-after they dry spray them with high shine glaze and let dry...ALL DONE!!!

wendyjo
Diva
wendyjo

Good Morning

Gemini Twins
Diva
Gemini Twins

I have to say again. How smart you are!!! Where did you get this idea??

wendyjo
Diva
wendyjo

Elk Meadows~Spring 06 By Wendyjo

Hi Ladies...here is a LO I made for the Spring Forward challenge. I love seeing my kids in shorts and short sleeves, not all bundled up like sausages.

BethG.
BethG. 
Idol
BethG.

Melissa:

I had a hard time getting back to work after my surgery also...your body still needs more healing time. just take it easy and you'll get back up to speed.

I can't remember having that many kids in my house. It dawned on me the other day as I was doing a lo for my boys when they were young that that pic was taken 20 years ago this year! How time flies

wendyjo
Diva
wendyjo
In response to BethG.

Hi Beth, I was wondering where you were today.  Lots of great stuff in your gallery.  I stopped by there last evening.How's Mary Lou today?

BethG.
BethG. 
Idol
BethG.

Kell..

I don't know how to do the nice gallery link but here's the long one. Also..there's a link underneath everyone's avatar that you can click on.

http://www.scrapbook.com/myplace/index.php?mod=gallerie...

also...here's the lo that caused me to run out of some stuff...I think it'll be here by the weekend so I can tweek it. I'm thinking about submitting this for the bling challenge but I think I'll wait to see what else I can come up with. Any suggestions on the page

Beach Romeo By BethG.

BethG.
BethG. 
Idol
BethG.
In response to wendyjo

funny funny ha ha! Mary Lou's just fine but she can't get some stuff to balance and it may cause her to go against her image and drink her dinner!

I was feeding babies at the rehab center last night! We've got tons of baby sqirrels, opossums and one baby rabbit! Very cute! One of the squirrells is so young it's eyes aren't even open yet! We also have a pelican that "fell out of the sky" a great egret that won't eat, an adult ganet, about 5 owls, tons of possums, three hawks and a few doves and pigeons. Baby bird season starts in a few weeks and I'll be super busy for a few months so I need to get my scrapping in now!

BethG.
BethG. 
Idol
BethG.

very cool! mabe I'll give them a try some time too!

wendyjo
Diva
wendyjo
In response to BethG.

That is awesome Beth, that you do this. Is it volunteer? You are a GREAT person !!!

Those animals are lucky to have you!!

BethG.
BethG. 
Idol
BethG.

Yuck Bev...hope you feel better soon! I'm sure the "cramping your style" phrase was "no pun intended" huh! OK..that was really in poor taste so here's a hug!

I really do hope you feel better soon!

Beth

BethG.
BethG. 
Idol
BethG.
In response to wendyjo

yes it's volunteer work...I'm planning on mostly fund raising and oiled animal response team but feeding babies makes me happy! They're always enthusiastic! check out the website....www.wrande.org (there's also a link in my signature)

Croppin Momma
Pro
Croppin Momma
In response to BethG.

Beth that's a great thing that you do. My best friend volunteers at a animal shelter.

Made some comments on people's pages.

Hoping to get my Cricut today or tomorrow so that I can start on my cards.

wendyjo
Diva
wendyjo

Guess What!! I finished my cards last night, and I think they are the cutest thing I ever did.

Are we all sending the cards out at the same time, or can we send them whenever?

wendyjo
Diva
wendyjo
In response to wendyjo

Pick A Quote Challenge By Wendyjo

Here's another LO that I did for the "Pick A Quote" challenge.

The pic is funny. I was goofing around with DH so he could take pics with the new camera I got him for his birthday. The quote is" Every girl should use what Mother Nature gave her before Father Time takes it away".

scrapperbee
Deity
scrapperbee
In response to wendyjo

Thanks, everyone. I actually do feel better today.

As for the cards, why don't people just send them in their own timing, hopefully so people get them before Easter.

Edited by scrapperbee on 03-04-08 02:08 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

3jmom
3jmom 
Governor
3jmom
  • 3jmom on 03-04-08 02:59 PM
In response to BethG.

Hello! I FINALLY did my BOM page... I know - it took me long enough! LOL

Bev - sure hope you're back to your normal self soon!

I Love...

scrapperbee
Deity
scrapperbee
In response to 3jmom

Got another lo finished tonight. Then I need to start working on cards . . .

Family

Sherrise
Mayor
Sherrise

Beth.. give all those babies an extra squeeze from me today!! It's great that you do that!!

HI girls! Just popping in.. I think I left everyone a little love.. that's how I keep up, even if I'm not here on the thread as much... just so you know, I'm paying attention!!

Hopefully, I'll get something scrapped this week, lol. I'm anxious to get into Laura's gallery and pick something out!

BethG.
BethG. 
Idol
BethG.
In response to Sherrise

Good morning ladies! Thanks for the love in my gallery. Need some suggestions. My Beach Romeo page has felt letters in the title. I can put some jewels in the middle of "b"s and "e"s etc...any idea what kind of adhesive I can use on felt that wont be soaked up by the fibers?

Gemini Twins
Diva
Gemini Twins
In response to BethG.

• BethG. Said:
Good morning ladies! Thanks for the love in my gallery. Need some suggestions. My Beach Romeo page has felt letters in the title. I can put some jewels in the middle of "b"s and "e"s etc...any idea what kind of adhesive I can use on felt that wont be soaked up by the fibers?

I use Zots on mine. They hold better.

Gemini Twins
Diva
Gemini Twins
In response to wendyjo

• wendyjo Said:
Pick A Quote Challenge By Wendyjo

Here's another LO that I did for the "Pick A Quote" challenge.

The pic is funny. I was goofing around with DH so he could take pics with the new camera I got him for his birthday. The quote is" Every girl should use what Mother Nature gave her before Father Time takes it away".

That saying is soooo right. I wish that father time wasn't soo greedy in that respect. lol Hes taken too much away as it is. lol

MeliMedina
Queen
MeliMedina
In response to Sherrise

Hello! I finally got caught up. Now, I'm exhausted again. Several people brought their kids to the party on Sunday with colds and my kids caught it. We were up most of the night with one of the other. It really is pitiful because we can't give the 7 m/o anything for it other than Tylenol or Motrin and the other doesn't react well to most everything.

So yeah. I got an hour of sleep. If you hear of some lady who went nuts and locked herself in her car and refused to come out, it's probably me, trying to grab a nap when I'm not supposed to!

I hope everyone has a wonderful day. I'm going on Saturday to pick out stuff for the cards, I think. As long as the kids are doing better and I can leave DH with them for an hour or so while I go shopping.

Gemini Twins
Diva
Gemini Twins

Here is my BOM LO. Tell me what you think honestly and give any suggestions. I am not completely happy with it since it was a tough shade of green.

My Journey By Debbieann" title=" My Journey By Debbieann"My Journey

wendyjo
Diva
wendyjo
In response to 3jmom

• 3jmom Said:
Hello! I FINALLY did my BOM page... I know - it took me long enough! LOL

Bev - sure hope you're back to your normal self soon!

I Love...

Your page is awesome. I left lovin!!

wendyjo
Diva
wendyjo
In response to wendyjo

Good Morning ladies...

I hope everyone had a great night.

Very excited this morning. Remember a few weeks ago when I was inquiring about if anyone had sent in for the Buy 2 Get One Free Cricut cartidge offer? Well, this AM when I was doing some online banking, I realized that my card has finally been charged for the shipping of the two cartridges and they should be enroute to me!!!

The thing is, I don't even remember what I should be getting it was so long ago.

I'll keep you posted.

I have found the lift in Laura's gallery, and I think that I am going to start on it. I am kind of hesitant to get out the scrappin stuff. My hole day off will fly by if I do. I have a tendency to blow things (chores, lunch dates with friends, dentist appointments) off when I am scrappin. Does anyone else have that trouble?

Have a super day!!!

Talk with you soon,

Croppin Momma
Pro
Croppin Momma
In response to wendyjo

Wendy – Can’t believe that you have your cards done already. I am so excited to see it! Love the quote and flowers on your page also.

Bev – Glad to hear that you are feeling better!

Diana – Loved your page. Great colors and love the scalloped edged paper.

Beth – I agree with Debbie on the Zots, love em!

Melissa – Sorry to hear about the kids, hope they at least had fun at the party. I keep saying that I am going to let the hubby take care of the kids and start on my cards and somehow or another one of them wants or needs me and then I don’t. Good luck on that!

Left some love on everyone’s new LO’s. Hoping to work on my LO’s tomorrow, I should be getting my Cricut and I have the day off. So, let’s hope that the kids cooperate. :smile :

3jmom
3jmom 
Governor
3jmom
  • 3jmom on 03-05-08 12:15 PM

Here's another LO I did today (wow - 2 in 2 days!! that must be some sort of a record for me!) I was trying to scraplift Laura's Spiderman LO, but it kinda went another direction. LOL I've got another one in mind, tho.

Rock Rock 'til You Drop

wendyjo
Diva
wendyjo
In response to 3jmom

Hi Ladies.. I hope you all are having a great day!! I am. Got to go back to work tomorrow!! Yuck!! I'll check in again tomorrow!!

See you then,

wendyjo
Diva
wendyjo
In response to wendyjo

Recipe Box Dividers By Wendyjo
Recipe Box By Wendyjo
Recipe Cards By Wendyjo

Here is some pics of the recipe box I have been working on.

See you tomorrow!!

Gemini Twins
Diva
Gemini Twins
In response to wendyjo

Wendy you did a great job on the recipe box.

I'm getting smarter b/c I wrote down the info for this month's challenge and whose challenge this is. I write down all the challenges but have forgotten who they are for. lol You know those senior moments. lol

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories

Hi!! Just checking in quickly. I finished this one this morning:

Born To Be Wild By Laura C

wendyjo
Diva
wendyjo

Thanks for the kind words on the Recipe Box. I just wanted to share it with you. I'm pretty proud of it.

Diana...I saw your BOM on the home page this morning. Congrats!!

I'm at work. I'll chat with you all later!!

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories
In response to wendyjo

Just checking in quickly, since I'll be working late tonight.

Hi ya Sherrise!!

Bev, I have some of the pp you used in your Christmas lo, and I was just thinking the other day that I should use it. That was just the inspiration I needed!

Beth, I think it is awesome that you volunteer your time for those fur babies. As far as adhesive for felt, I don't have a clue. I have been using the self-adhesive kind on my layouts. I have been thinking of purchasing some inexpensive felt pieces and cutting shapes with those on my sidekick. So, if the zots work, I might try that soon.

Wendy, you did an awesome job with the recipe box!! Love your latest! I know you are happy about finally hearing about those cartridges. That sort of thing drives me nuts, especially when I can't find out whether or not something has even shipped.

Melissa, I am so sorry to hear that your babies have gotten sick. I hope everyone is feeling better soon.

Nicole, great to see ya! Let us know how you like your Cricut.

Diana and Debbie, you two have been busy too!! Great work on the BOM pages. Those are always so hard for me to do.

I think I am going to try to work on my heritage page for Debbie's challenge as soon as I finish my cards. Cards will be my project for tonight.

I hope everyone has had a great week so far. It is almost Friday!!

Edited by Laura C on 03-06-08 08:44 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

scrapperbee
Deity
scrapperbee

JCI. I'm feeling better, but still taking a nap and going to bed early--not leaving time for scrapping. HOWEVER--next week is my spring break, so I have a long list of things to do, with scrapping at the top! Well almost. I do have some cleaning and appointments to fit in.

Am enjoying everyone's lo's. Looking good!

Croppin Momma
Pro
Croppin Momma

JCI. Don't really have a whole lot of time tonight...it's Lost night. Plus, I have been home with the kids all day and I am POOPED! See you ladies tomorrow.

scrapperbee
Deity
scrapperbee

Tonight have a wedding rehearsal, tomorrow night a wedding--so busy weekend! Hope you all have a good one.

wendyjo
Diva
wendyjo

Bev, have fun this weekend.

All I'm doing this weekend is working!!

Where has everyone been? It seems like this thread has been quite this week!!! Hopefully everyone is working on their cards!!

Well, I'll catch back up with yoo all a little later!!

Kellmorris
Governor
Kellmorris
In response to wendyjo

According to my posts i haven't checked in for 4 days, have been keeping up just forgot to say so. Off to leave some loving on the posted links now.

hope you are feeling better, bev

Croppin Momma
Pro
Croppin Momma
In response to wendyjo

No plans for this weekend, yeah! Hoping to get caught up on 3 layouts that I have started, all my Easter cards, and my Recipes. A lot to do. Luckily, I got my Cricut yesterday, so I have help. I am so excited to use it. Anyone who has one and has tips they would be appreciated!

wendyjo
Diva
wendyjo

Hi Kell, I was wondering where you have been. I just addressed your packing envelope for your card. In the US we usually only have 3 lines to our address. Your poor envelope has writing all the way down to the bottom.

I am mailing the cards for the card swap today!!

My only challenge for the month I have left is Laura's gallery lift, and I have an idea of what it will be.

Then for the rest of the month, I can "challenge" myself with the move, and cleaning!!

Talk with you soon!!

wendyjo
Diva
wendyjo
In response to wendyjo

Good Mornind Nicole...

DO you have the Cricut Expression? If so, LUCKY!!

I have the original, and I love it. What cartridges did you get. My new fav is Paper Pups, and then probably Doodlecharms. I have four font cartridges and I love them all. I want all of the cartridges but of coarse, they can't all fit into the creative budget at once.

Talk with you soon,

Croppin Momma
Pro
Croppin Momma
In response to wendyjo

Hey. I got the Expressions. So far I love it, but I can already feel a cartridge buying obsession coming on. My hubby isn't going to like that much. Luckily we have some money coming in (he's in the military and he just reenlisted) so he is giving me some and himself some to spend on some goodies. He wants a XBOX 360, I want a new camera.

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories
In response to wendyjo

Hiya Kell!! Is the weather still cooperating and letting you garden a bit. I still haven't ventured outside in my yard, and it looks so neglected. Maybe this weekend, although they are predicting ice and snow for tonight. Snow is a rarity here, so my little boy will be thrilled if it happens.

Hi Wendy!! It is always so good to see ya. You just seem to have so much energy! I just smile when I read your posts. See . . . I did it again, just thinking about ya!

Doing the happy dance for you Nicole on the receipt of your Cricut. I hope you have fun playing with your new toy.

I have been working much harder than I would like to this week, so I am whipped. I have to go. I'll try to check back in tonight.

MeliMedina
Queen
MeliMedina

JCI!

Now they're throwing up, so life has been fun for me the past few nights!

Hopefully things will chill out and I can get back here tonight to leave some LO love!

Kellmorris
Governor
Kellmorris

Wendy, I notice you don't have much address! In theory you could just put the first line of the address and the post code and it would arrive, but we always write the full address. That is my work address, because there is always someone to receive the mail. We don't have mail boxes here, a letterbox in the door which only takes slim items. If they can't get it through they leave a card and it has to be collected. That is a pain!!

BTW I have a Craft Robo for cutting, same as a Wishblade I think. You just write or draw what you want on the computer and it cuts it. no cartridges to buy. It is great fun!

Laura, the spring is in full season, we have had beautiful days this week, very frosty mornings and beautiful clear blue sunny days. Been too busy to garden though. Maybe this weekend.

Melissa hope everyone is better soon. Nothing worse than vomit. I always laid a big towel on the floor next to the bed with a bucket on it and hopefully mostly it was caught. My DS who is 18 was sick a few weeks ago, I went in to check on him and he had the towel and bucket in place like i did when he was small. Gave me a glow of pleasure, my surly teenager is still a little boy at heart!

First Saturday at home for a few weeks, and going to scrap ALL day!! Bliss!!

Kellmorris
Governor
Kellmorris

I just finished my cards, I have to do an insert but my printer at home is not working so i will do that on Monday at work. i will post of a photo of them later, and I have been working on a digital LO of the wonderful spring flowers we have around us. It ha a strange title because it is for photo of the day group mini-challenge.

mini- I bet you didn't know
By Kellmorris

Off to make ATC,s now.

Edited by Kellmorris on 03-08-08 06:44 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Kellmorris
Governor
Kellmorris

Oh I see i am having a good chat with a very intelligent person today!! ME!!

Here are the cards i have made, they will be in the post soon.

Easter cards swap
By Kellmorris

and just to share some ATCs for a swap.

Flower ATC swap
By Kellmorris

Quote ATC for swap
By Kellmorris

Off for a nap now, we are at friends for dinner and usually stay very late... I am not as young as i used to be. LOL

Sherrise
Mayor
Sherrise

I hope to scrap most of this afternoon.. after aforementioned cave boy wakes up!! It's a rainy day here, and my kids just recieved a Wii yesterday, so they are THOROUGHLY occupied with their new plaything! Perfect conditions.

I just have to share my big bargain find this morning. Daughter and I ran into Big Lots just to see what was shakin' and I found chipboard alpha sets for $1!! I got pink and yellow.. yeeee haw!! These are really nice thick ones with the negative letter left after you pick out the middle.. so really there's two of every letter. I'm delighted. PLUS we hit the 90% off discount shelves which were full of cosmetics. We ended up getting over $80 worth of makeup and skin stuff for $10!!! I was thrilled!!

Sherrise
Mayor
Sherrise
In response to Sherrise

Have fun Kell!! LOTS of great work you got accomplished!

Kellmorris
Governor
Kellmorris
In response to Sherrise

• Sherrise Said:
I hope to scrap most of this afternoon.. after aforementioned cave boy wakes up!! It's a rainy day here, and my kids just recieved a Wii yesterday, so they are THOROUGHLY occupied with their new plaything! Perfect conditions.

I just have to share my big bargain find this morning. Daughter and I ran into Big Lots just to see what was shakin' and I found chipboard alpha sets for $1!! I got pink and yellow.. yeeee haw!! These are really nice thick ones with the negative letter left after you pick out the middle.. so really there's two of every letter. I'm delighted. PLUS we hit the 90% off discount shelves which were full of cosmetics. We ended up getting over $80 worth of makeup and skin stuff for $10!!! I was thrilled!!

i just love a bargain,, lucky you

Page 4 of 88 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics