Page 5 of 88 
Username Post: COF Critique Group #3--Why not join us!        (Topic#1452287)
chelseavantol
Expert
chelseavantol
In response to Gemini Twins

Hi ladies just popping in.... I'm in toronto now after 5 days of driving. I haven't had time to catch up on reading the thread but I just wanted to say Hello.

Croppin Momma
Pro
Croppin Momma
In response to chelseavantol

JCI and MMS...I will catch up later.

scrapperbee
Angel
scrapperbee
In response to Croppin Momma

Five hour wedding rehearsal and dinner last night--wedding tonight. But I got this done today. Buttons for the use your supplies challenge.

Hope everyone's having a good weekend. It's snowing here, but nothing on the ground.

Senior 19??

MeliMedina
Queen
MeliMedina
In response to scrapperbee

ACUTH! Yes!

The plague has mostly left the boys and now has moved to the biggest baby of all - their Daddy! If I could take a 5-hour nap because I was sick, it would be a miracle! I had returned home from the hospital after surgery and was woken up promptly at 7:30 am by my 3-year-old, even though Grandma was there to take care of him! I never once got to sleep in in that whole six weeks! LOL!

Anyway...

I made it to Hobby Lobby and BOTH of my LSSs today. I got the new Basic Grey Two Scoops acrylic stamps, some Queen & Co felt borders, and a new die for my QuicKutz , among some new chipboard letters and shapes because it was 50% off and more paper to make the cards for the swap and baby shower invitations for my best friend's shower. It felt like I went on a shopping spree!

Chelsea - Glad that you're checking in! Hope that the rest of your journey is safe! Can't wait for you to make it to where you're going and can join in on the fun again.

Bev - Life sounds like it's getting busy for you! Have fun at the wedding!

Kell - Have fun at dinner!

Did I get everyone? I know I'm all caught up on layouts. Off to try to work on some cards. With two recovering boys and a sick Daddy, it might not be as easy as I originally expected!

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories
In response to MeliMedina

Hi! Just peeking in for a minute. The gallery seems slow tonight, and for some reason I am having difficulty posting comments.

Melanie and Sherrise, you both sound like you racked up on some goodies this weekend.

Kell, you have been busy!! Love your cards and ATC's. Did you make the cat embellies on your ATC's with your Craft Robo, or did you purchase those? They are soooo cute! I have a dog, but I am much more of a cat person. In fact I have four cats, all of whom I just adore.

Sherrise, my little boy has a Wii, and he loves it. It definitely helps to keep him entertained when I want to get a few things done around the house.

Bev, love your latest!

Hi Nicole and Chelsea!!

I have been working on cards today. I have six finished, and I should be able to have them all postal on Monday.

I am a bit tired right now, so I think I am going to bed early tonight. I'll check back in tomorrow.

BethG.
BethG. 
Idol
BethG.
In response to lcmemories

Hi ladies, just checking in. I went to a crop last night and I'm still tired! We went shopping to furnish my husband's office and the I came and finished my cards for the swap and began setting up and installing my new Wishblade !!!!!!! Ye Haw! I just hope I can figure it out the instructions aren't great but there's a forum on sb.com that I'm gonna check out. I need to cut letters for some pages I did last night and then I'll post them. I'm bound and determined to get i figure out tomorrow so I may be MIA all day again.! Hope everyone's weekend is going well.

Melissa...what can I say..men are babies..it's genetic! The last time my DH was sick he came out an announced, "I'm gonna die"! I just laughed and tucked him into bed!

G'night ladies!

Kellmorris
Governor
Kellmorris
In response to Kellmorris

Chelsea - so nice to have you back, hope the travelling was Ok, but have been difficult travelling so far and being so pregnant. Glad you are safe.

Bev Hope the wedding went well, loved that new Lo of yours, you were very secretive about the date looks like my 60s photos!??!!

Melissa I hope family are on the mend soon, funny how the men are always so much iller than the rest isn't it??

Laura i got those fun die cut cats in an attendance pack at a demo and the cat quotes came from * the more i see of men, the more I love my cat* it is very funny. i have a dog and 2 cats.

Beth good news about your DH equipping his office, that means he will be out of your craft room and the divorce is off Life is good!! I have a Craft Robo which is the European equivalent to the Wishblade . It cuts great letters from paper, but I am having trouble cutting cardstock, the blade won't go right through. Let me know how you get on.

We had a good night last night with friends, wasn't too late back but got caught in a rainstorm on the way, arrived like drowned rats and a soggy dessert!!

I am spending another day ignoring the house and laundry and locking myself away in the craft room!! I will go to church at 4pm though.

wendyjo
Diva
wendyjo

Good morning ladies...

I see have alot to catch up on. I was only MIA for one day. GEEZ!

I will get to all of your galleries today to leave some love. '

Melissa, Sherrise, good job on the bargin hunting!!

Chelsea, Yah!!good to here from you.

Kell,
Awesome ATC's & LO's. I can't wait to see more.

Good news about our new basement. It is done. Well, we are waiting on the flooring and I just ordered the lamenent on Friday for my countertop.

I'll chat with you later!!

BethG.
BethG. 
Idol
BethG.
In response to wendyjo

Kell...so far I've found out that there are three different blade caps for cutting thicknesses..yellow cuts my card stock great! Now i just have to figure out how to get my letters to look the way i want them to....off to the Wishblade forum to find out!

have a good day ladies!

Kellmorris
Governor
Kellmorris
In response to BethG.

• BethG. Said:
Kell...so far I've found out that there are three different blade caps for cutting thicknesses..yellow cuts my card stock great! Now i just have to figure out how to get my letters to look the way i want them to....off to the Wishblade forum to find out!

have a good day ladies!

Yes I use the yellow one but it won't cut through, Maybe it is faulty?

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories

Kell, I have the old blue Wishblade , and I have to use the pink cap to cut my cs, and I also use one of those rubber circles to increase the pressure. I think the new pink Wishblade has a way to set the pressure more precisely than that. I generally run whatever I want to cut through twice, if the cs is thick like Bazzill . After it cuts the image, don't take the paper out, just hit it to run it again, and it should trace back over it, making the cut lines cleaner. For regular pp, I used the yellow cap. I did recently purchase new blades, and everything cuts much better now, so it could be you have a defective blade.

wendyjo
Diva
wendyjo

I think I am all caught up in the galleries.

I'll see you tonight!!

Kellmorris
Governor
Kellmorris
In response to wendyjo

Just to let you know I am having some minor surgery tomorrow, so won't be around for a few days.

Just to share, some Easter ATCs for a swap

Easter ATCs
By Kellmorris

scrapperbee
Angel
scrapperbee

Kell, will pray your surgery and recovery go well.

Spent this afternoon organizing my loose lo's into my albums (including the seven new albums I got this week). Still need four more albums and lots of page protectors . About twelve albums aren't full, mainly heritage and pre-2000 ones, where I have to keep working on my stash of old pics. Altogether I have about 40 albums including ours, mine, church, dgs, older dd, younger dd, heritage, BOM. I've told my dd's my goal is to have all the pics and memorabilia scrapped before I die--so here's to living for a long time!

Plan to get my cards finished the first of the week and sent out while I'm on spring break.

Hope everyone has a great week!

Edited by scrapperbee on 03-09-08 12:52 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

BethG.
BethG. 
Idol
BethG.

Kell...Laura is correct..my new Wishblade needs to have the pressure set within the software as well as changing the cap...I finally figured it out. It took me all afternoon but here's the result...so cute! I love this page
Hope your surgery goes well. We'll all be thinking of you!
Sweet Smiles By BethG.

BethG.
BethG. 
Idol
BethG.

Geeze Bev! You've put an enormous amount of time into your work! It'll all be worth it because 100 years from now the fruits of your labor will still be around to tell your story!

Enjoy your week!

Beth

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories
In response to BethG.

Hi Beth! Just wanted to share one of my favorite sites with you. It has lots of helpful hints for the Wishblade , and once you become a member, you'll have access to lots of free files:

Wishblade

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories

Kell, I hope you have a speedy recovery!
I'll be keeping you in my prayers!

Bev, you are doing great!! I need to work harder on getting my pre-baby pages finished. I try to stay sort of current on my family album, but I don't hardly have any heritage pages, and hardly any pages about my life before Sam was born. It is so fuzzy . . . I think I had a life before then . . . ???

BethG.
BethG. 
Idol
BethG.

You are my savior!

MeliMedina
Queen
MeliMedina
In response to BethG.

Hello! Everyone is in bed, and I'm so tempted to work on my projects, but I know if I get started then I'll be up too late and then I won't want to get up to go to work. That wouldn't normally be a problem except tomorrow's the first day at my new job! Don't want to call in on my first day! LOL!

All caught up on the postings.

Kell - good luck with your surgery! Anything that takes you away from life for a little bit, even a few days, is not minor!

Gemini Twins
Diva
Gemini Twins

Kelli, good luck on your surgery. Sending positive thoughts your way.

Gemini Twins
Diva
Gemini Twins

• scrapperbee Said:
Kell, will pray your surgery and recovery go well.

Spent this afternoon organizing my loose lo's into my albums (including the seven new albums I got this week). Still need four more albums and lots of page protectors . About twelve albums aren't full, mainly heritage and pre-2000 ones, where I have to keep working on my stash of old pics. Altogether I have about 40 albums including ours, mine, church, dgs, older dd, younger dd, heritage, BOM. I've told my dd's my goal is to have all the pics and memorabilia scrapped before I die--so here's to living for a long time!

Plan to get my cards finished the first of the week and sent out while I'm on spring break.

Hope everyone has a great week!

After counting all the LOs completed but haven't put into albums, I could use about 5 more. Amazing how those things multiply. lol I hadn't realized how many I had done since starting here.

I spend today getting my printer working again with the new cartridge. Finally did get it printing. Then I tried to change out a GFI outlet in the bathroom. I know what to do but it was n't cooperating with me. So there are still no power in the bathrooms. Thank God for candles. After giving up for awhile to calm the fustration, I went to crop at my LSS. I went totally unprepared. No photos and forgot my supplies. Not a good day at all.

3jmom
3jmom 
Governor
3jmom
  • 3jmom on 03-09-08 06:10 PM

Kell - I sure hope your surgery goes well - I'll be praying for you and hope you come back to us soon!

I've been MIA again... another CRAZY CRAZY weekend... I had 3 quilting classes to teach on Saturday... plus one soccer game, shopping for our trip to Florida and company in the evening. Today we had another soccer game and tried to get some stuff done in the gardens before and after. Mondays are becoming my "rest" days! LOL

Hopefully I'll get my scraplift done this week... wish me luck!

Sherrise
Mayor
Sherrise

Hi girls.. well it was another washout weekend for me. I'm sad right now that my scraproom is in my basement. I love my room, but I don't have full access. When it was in the dining room.. I could be at it any time, and early Sat. and Sun. mornings were really my time to scrap. I'm missing that. I know it's only a matter of time, and he'll be out on his own. I don't want to rush that process at all, as I love every minute that he's still at home with us. Sigh. Such conflicting emotions.

Beth.. hope you have lots of fun with your new toy! The first page is gorgeous!

Melissa.. prayers to you for your first day on the new job! I know you'll be fantastic!

Bev.. all I can say is 'whew'. You are quite a woman!!

Kell, take care of yourself. You'll be in my prayers. Make sure you take the proper amount of time to let yourself recoup. (remember.. I work at an ambulatory surgery center... I know this drill!!)

Sorry if I missed anyone else! HI Everyone!! I love ya.. and have a great week. MAYBE you'll see a page outta me by weeks end..wouldn't that be refreshing!?

Gemini Twins
Diva
Gemini Twins
In response to 3jmom

• 3jmom Said:
Kell - I sure hope your surgery goes well - I'll be praying for you and hope you come back to us soon!

I've been MIA again... another CRAZY CRAZY weekend... I had 3 quilting classes to teach on Saturday... plus one soccer game, shopping for our trip to Florida and company in the evening. Today we had another soccer game and tried to get some stuff done in the gardens before and after. Mondays are becoming my "rest" days! LOL

Hopefully I'll get my scraplift done this week... wish me luck!

I quilted years ago when it wasn't popular like today. Each of the boys have about 5 quilts each. I kept a journal on all my quilts. I will have to post the pic of the one that I made for my father. It comorated his naval career. It was my way of thanking him for being so supportive of my talents. Would love to see pics of yours.

scrapperbee
Angel
scrapperbee

Debbie, can't wait to see your navy quilt. I did an album for my dad who was a pt-boater in WWII. A copy of it is in the Library of Congress as part of the WWII oral history project--I transcribed his story for him.

Here's one I finished tonight. It's a lift:
Me by Mom2AnnieLiam

Mine:

Bear

Edited by scrapperbee on 03-09-08 07:20 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

wendyjo
Diva
wendyjo

10 Years Both Pages By Wendyjo
10 years Page One By Wendyjo
10 Years Page 2 By Wendyjo

Hi ladies. I finished my scraplift of Laura. Here is a link to her two page layout.

http://www.scrapbook.com/galleries/40963/view/ 807989/-1...

http://www.scrapbook.com/myplace/index.php?mod=gallerie...

I know it looks nothing like Laura's. What insprired me was her "confessions". My LO doesn't say that I have a confession, but the confession was contfronting the fear of using the old photo's of Travis becasuse I cry so much when I look at them. It makes me sad to say "where has the time gone?"

I am emotionall worn out.

I'll talk with you all tomorrow.

Kell...get better soon!!

Helena Philips
Governor
Helena Philips
In response to wendyjo

Hi ladies, just a very quick post,

I AM SO SORRY I HAVEN'T BEEN ON, but things have gone crazy around here, nothing serious but taking up a lot of my time. Things should calm down within the next week and THEN I'LL BE BACK!!!!

I have just finished my cards and will be going postal this afternoon!!!

Will see you all in a few days time!!!

XXXX

BethG.
BethG. 
Idol
BethG.

I went to a crop like that last month...not much fun without everything you need!

scrapperbee
Angel
scrapperbee
In response to BethG.

First day of spring break: slept in, cleaned carpet (ugh), took a nap, cleaned the upstairs bathrooms (ugh); now all that's left is pick up the dog from the groomer and scrap!

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories

Debbie, sorry to hear about your bad day. Dealing with electronic equipment of any kind is never any fun. I know that was frustrating when you realized you did not have the things you needed at your crop too. The nice thing about being at the lss is that you can at least buy stuff to make cards and pages while you are there. Did you at least reward yourself with some goodies?

I would love to see the quilts you ladies have completed. My mother quilts quite a bit, and I have quilts my grandmother gave me. I have never had much patience when it comes to sewing, but as I get a little older I think I might want to give the quilting a try.

Bev, have fun during your spring break. I am a little jealous of your time off. My ds' spring break will be next week, and my hubby is going to stay home with him for most of the week so that my son will feel as though he has had a break from school. I wish I could take off from work too, but unfortunately, no rest for the weary, at least until October, when my vacation begins.

Diane, I needed to work in my yard this weekend, and I don't even have an excuse, other than all I wanted to do was rest. I finished my cards, but that is about all I did this weekend. We have soccer practice tonight, and then games tomorrow night and Thursday night.

Hi Helena!! I hope everything is ok for you and your family.

Wendy, I loved your latest lo!

Melissa, I hope your family is finally on the mend. So excited for you about your new job. You will need to let us know how things went today.

Sherrise, I don't full access to my craft room either, and I am always sharing it with one person or another. It would be so nice to have a space that is really my own . . .

Well, I took a photo of some of the cards I made, but I think I'll wait and upload later this week, after they have had a chance to get to their destinations. I'll try to check back in later tonight. TTFN!!

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories

Bev and Sherrise, I just remembered that I read about Danielle Holsapple last night. She was the leader of this Critique Group when we first joined. She was scheduled for a C-section last week, and her baby died. I have her address and I was going to send her a card. Let me know if you would like her address as well. I just thought you might want to know.

scrapperbee
Angel
scrapperbee

Laura, yes, please pm me the address. I so hate that for her--have tried to keep up with her a little, and she seemed so excited.

Here's my latest--took way too long, and still not sure about the balance:

Summer 1956

BethG.
BethG. 
Idol
BethG.

JCI! With the time change and my DH having to go to Laredo for work yesterday I only got a few hours of sleep. Laredo is on the Mexican border and can be quite violent. Nuevo Laredo (just across the border) is the city with all the drug cartel violence...no sheriff ever lives for long. I'm not happy that he had to go (he's a higher-level manager for a gas company)and I'm a bit nervous that someone will find out and try to kidnap him for ransom...that's pretty standard procedure over there. I'm probably just being paranoid but that's just not a safe part of this country! (and they wonder why we want a border fence)

I'm signing off and headed to bed (better sleep through chemistry). I'll check in in the next few days.

have a good week!

Beth

MeliMedina
Queen
MeliMedina
In response to BethG.

I worked 13 hours today. I think that says it all. I will try to get in here tomorrow, as long as my sister doesn't go into labor and have her baby and I don't work 13 hours again. lol

wendyjo
Diva
wendyjo

Good evening everyone. I hope you all are having a good day.

Beth~don't worry yourself sick. Everything will be OK. Why does your dh's company send him someplace so terrible with out protection?

Melissa~ Keep your head up girl!! You will make it!!

Congrats Bev, on the Spring Break!!Yah!!

Diane & Laura ~ I can't wait to work in my new yard. The weather here in the north is getting pretty nice. 54 today.

Talk with you all tomorrow!!

wendyjo
Diva
wendyjo
In response to wendyjo

Oh Yes...FINALLY, I recieved my two free Cricut cartridges!! I can't remember if they were the ones I had requested as my first choice but they are still good ones. Cursive 101 and Stamped.

Nicole ~ How is the Cricut Expression?

Gemini Twins
Diva
Gemini Twins

I did buy one thing; a bottle of black stickles. Most of the buying was done the day before. The 40% sale started Sat. So I did get some retail therapy in.

My printer, even after changing out the cartridges is still acting up. Every thing is coming out red! So nothing is printing up. I almost threw it against the wall yesterday but stopped and just vegged out and put some LOs in their respective albums. If it doesn't work today, then I will copy the pics onto my flash and go to CVS.

Monica, to say the least my LO isnt done yet. I missed the second deadline. I don't like missing deadlines!!!

wendyjo
Diva
wendyjo

Good Morning everyone.

Debbie...It sound like you have had a rough couple of days. Here you go !

I forgot to tell you all that your cards are in the mail, and I was going to wait to post my pics of them until you all received them.

Kell?? How was the surgery. I hope you are OK.

Have a good day ladies. I will pop in and out !!

Gemini Twins
Diva
Gemini Twins
In response to wendyjo

• wendyjo Said:
Good Morning everyone.

Debbie...It sound like you have had a rough couple of days. Here you go !

I forgot to tell you all that your cards are in the mail, and I was going to wait to post my pics of them until you all received them.

Kell?? How was the surgery. I hope you are OK.

Have a good day ladies. I will pop in and out !!

Thanks for the kiss. Warm fuzzies are always welcomed. But today is a new day and a long talk with a fellow scrapper this morning.

My cards will be going in the mail today!!!!

wendyjo
Diva
wendyjo

I'm glad you are feeling better. Enjoy the rest of your day.

Today I am going out to my SIL's for some scrapping. I think I am actually going to make some cards with my new Cricut cartridges.

Enjoy the day everyone!!

scrapperbee
Angel
scrapperbee
In response to wendyjo

Well, today is errand day--started out by going to the dentist. Came home for lunch, and will be leaving again in a few minutes.

Wednesday is--scrapping day!

Thursday, which is supposed to be the nicest day, is work in the yard day.

Friday, dd from NYC is here!!

And next Monday is back to school--not going to get nearly as much done as I thought

Hope every one has a good day today. Will check in tonight--almost finished with Laura's lift.

Edited by scrapperbee on 03-11-08 08:14 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

wendyjo
Diva
wendyjo

Vacations always go by so fast. Have a good day, be sure to say to yourself everyday of your break, "WOW, this is so relaxing". Then maybe it won't go by so fast.

Croppin Momma
Pro
Croppin Momma
In response to wendyjo

Hey everyone. Sorry I have MIA for the last couple of days. It's been a little hectic at my house, plus I have been overly tired for some reason.

Anyway, Wendy my Cricut has been so much fun, even though I haven't really gotten a chance to use it a whole lot.

I can't believe how many of you are done with your cards already. I'm half way through one...don't worry though I will get them done. I work good under pressure. Anyway, I hope to catch up on galleries either tonight or tomorrow.

Sherrise
Mayor
Sherrise

Thanks for the head's up about Danielle, Laura. THat is so terrible for her and her family. I pm'd you.
Bev.. enjoy your vaction, I'm more than a bit jealous!!
I haven't even STARTED my cards yet. I'm so bad!

BethG.
BethG. 
Idol
BethG.

Cards went into the mail today! I made the same one for everybody. I'll scan and post this weekend.

Hubby is home and safe and yes .... I know I'm a worry wart!

Kell...thinking of you getting better!

I'll check in later tonight or tomorrow!

BethG.
BethG. 
Idol
BethG.

• scrapperbee Said:
Well, today is errand day--started out by going to the dentist. Came home for lunch, and will be leaving again in a few minutes.

Wednesday is--scrapping day!

Thursday, which is supposed to be the nicest day, is work in the yard day.

Friday, dd from NYC is here!!

And next Monday is back to school--not going to get nearly as much done as I thought

Hope every one has a good day today. Will check in tonight--almost finished with Laura's lift.

I'm so jealous! Can't wait for my vacation and it's not until the first part of July!

3jmom
3jmom 
Governor
3jmom
  • 3jmom on 03-11-08 01:26 PM

Hi ladies! Hope everyone is having a fun week... anyone heard from Kell?? Hope her surgery went well and that she's feeling better!

I actually finished another LO today:

Life's a Beach

wendyjo
Diva
wendyjo
In response to 3jmom

Hi gals!! Hope you are having a great afternoon.

Beth, I am so glad your husband is home safe!!

scrapperbee
Angel
scrapperbee
In response to wendyjo

Glad that everyone seems to be having a better day. Went to M's today, got some vellum for my cards--major project for tomorrow!

scrapperbee
Angel
scrapperbee

Here's my lift of Laura's:

Sun Squint
By Laura C

Scrapping
By Scrapperbee

wendyjo
Diva
wendyjo

Great lift Bev!! Super job.

How was there errands today?

Kell must not be feeling very well.

scrapperbee
Angel
scrapperbee
In response to wendyjo

Thanks!
Got the errands done--now tomorrow is scrap day!

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories

Bev, I love the lift!! Your week sounds fabulous. Have fun!

Diane, I really like your latest too!

Nicole, glad you are enjoying your new toy. I usually scrap at night or in the wee hours of the morning when everyone is asleep. Of course, I end of dead tired the next day, but that is the only uninterrupted time I seem to have.

Hi Wendy!! When did you say you would be moving into your new place? I know you must be getting excited. Have fun making cards and using your new cartridges. They sound like they would be fun to use.

Melissa, hang in there sweetie! Nothing like easing into a new job. Why do employers always seem to try to overwhelm a person on the first week?

Thinking of you Kell, and I hope you are feeling better and on the mend.

Hi Sherrise!! Sent you a pm.

Debbie that is weird about your printer. I had that happen once, but it was a defective cartridge. At least there is CVS. I have also ordered online through Walmart, when I needed photos quickly. I can usually post them online, and then pick the photos up later that afternoon.

Beth, so glad your hubby is home safe and sound. That is so scary! I also have lost sleep with the time change. It is always a big adjustment for me. Speaking of which, I am beginning to get sleepy again finally, so I think I am off to grab a few more hours before my work day begins again.

Take care everyone!! Talk to you soon!

Croppin Momma
Pro
Croppin Momma

JCI

scrapperbee
Angel
scrapperbee

So far, all my scrapping has been cardmaking, and most of that has been planning--but it's been fun!

wendyjo
Diva
wendyjo

Good Morning everyone...

Bev, I am making cards also. More cards for some sets that I am putting together. Don't forget to tell yourself how relaxing your vacation is.

Hi Laura...I hope you have a super day. You should get more sleep. !

I hope Kell surfaces today.

Mary Lou...Hi. Can you take a breath now that hubby's home.

Have a great day. I'm going to sil's today for scrappin, and tonight I am going to a stamping workshop. I'll be checking in periodically.

Oh, Nicole, have you checked out the prices of cartridges on ebay for your Cricut? I have been keeping an eye out, and typically, you can get them for about $40 instead of $60 retail. Just a head's up.

Have a super day all....

BethG.
BethG. 
Idol
BethG.

• scrapperbee Said:
Here's my lift of Laura's:

Sun Squint
By Laura C

Scrapping
By Scrapperbee

Cute page Bev! I've heard of starting a college fund but never a scrap stash!
Hope you're enjoying your time off this week!

wendyjo
Diva
wendyjo
In response to wendyjo

Hi gals...

I wanted to get your feedback on what you think of exchanging birthday cards with each other?

Bev, if you don't mind, or I could do it, we could keep each members birth date with their address, and then send out cards?

Feedback please. I would be happy to be keeper of addresses and birthdates. Let me know.

BethG.
BethG. 
Idol
BethG.
In response to wendyjo

• wendyjo Said:
Good Morning everyone...

Bev, I am making cards also. More cards for some sets that I am putting together. Don't forget to tell yourself how relaxing your vacation is.

Hi Laura...I hope you have a super day. You should get more sleep. !

I hope Kell surfaces today.

Mary Lou...Hi. Can you take a breath now that hubby's home.

Have a great day. I'm going to sil's today for scrappin, and tonight I am going to a stamping workshop. I'll be checking in periodically.

Oh, Nicole, have you checked out the prices of cartridges on ebay for your Cricut? I have been keeping an eye out, and typically, you can get them for about $40 instead of $60 retail. Just a head's up.

Have a super day all....

Yes I can finally take a breath...now if he'd just quit snoring! I'm very glad he's home safe and sound! Thanks for asking!

Mary Lou!

BethG.
BethG. 
Idol
BethG.
In response to wendyjo

• wendyjo Said:
Hi gals...

I wanted to get your feedback on what you think of exchanging birthday cards with each other?

Bev, if you don't mind, or I could do it, we could keep each members birth date with their address, and then send out cards?

Feedback please. I would be happy to be keeper of addresses and birthdates. Let me know.

Great idea! I'm in...what's 9 more cards a year anyway??

wendyjo
Diva
wendyjo
In response to BethG.

If your like me, you probably have plenty to get out there anyway.

wendyjo
Diva
wendyjo
In response to wendyjo

I have to head off to sil's now. Talk with you later.

scrapperbee
Angel
scrapperbee
In response to wendyjo

I'd be glad to add birthdays. Why not everyone pm them to me, then I can resend the addys with birthday out to everyone who has given an address. I'll put it on the first page also.

Official--if you want to participate in a birthday card swap, pm your birthday to Bev, and your addy if she doesn't already have it.

Let's try to have this done by the the 23rd--hope that gives time for Chelsea and Kell to get back in the swing of things.

Edited by scrapperbee on 03-12-08 09:45 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

scrapperbee
Angel
scrapperbee

Just remembered the 23rd is Easter, so changed the date to the 24th.

Also, our group numbers 12 now. And we have closed it at that.

Also, in looking over the first post, I noticed lots of us said we are afraid of, or can't, or have never tried---STAMPING.
So, for April (giving you lots of time to get your nerve up) let's try to use STAMPING in our lo's. Okay, in at least one!
And, for extra credit (can you tell I'm a teacher) try heat embossing with your stamp(s).

Edited by scrapperbee on 03-12-08 10:07 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

scrapperbee
Angel
scrapperbee

So far have finished two cards. I had planned to make all the cards alike; these two are completely different. Oh well, am still a novice at card making--though I have made Christmas cards the last two years. Thanks for getting me started on other types!

Kellmorris
Governor
Kellmorris

just popping in to let you know that I am Ok, surgery went well, just recovering from the anaesthetic effects. Done a bit of scrapping today. Will post them tomorrow.

scrapperbee
Angel
scrapperbee

Kell, so glad you're doing well.

BethG.
BethG. 
Idol
BethG.

• Kellmorris Said:
just popping in to let you know that I am Ok, surgery went well, just recovering from the anaesthetic effects. Done a bit of scrapping today. Will post them tomorrow.

so glad you're ok! Hope you're on the mend soon!

Beth

BethG.
BethG. 
Idol
BethG.
In response to BethG.

Melissa:

I found this cool tutorial on alcohol inks on another website.

http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/ee/index.php/resource...

If we're going to try stamping next month...everyone should check out splitcoaststampers.com It's mostly a card / stamping community and has some great stuff on it. It also has a bunch of free tutorials!

I'm having coffee with a Stampin' Up rep this Saturday. I'll let y'all know how it goes! I'm starting work on a scrapbook for the Wildlife center and hopefully I'm going to get some cool stamps and things for it. If anyone would like to contribute a page to the album that might be a fun challenge for later this summer! Let me know what you think! I'm feeding babies Thursday and Friday nights and have my nice for the ballet this weekend so I won't be here much.
Happy weekend to all!

Beth

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories
In response to BethG.

Bev, I think a birthday card swap would be great! I am pming you my birthday to add to the list. I love the new challenge too. I just bought some new swirly clear stamps, so this will give me the excuse I need to start practicing on my stamping.

Hi Beth! I would love to do a page for your Wildlife Center scrapbook. Just let me know. I'll definitely check out the website too.

Hi Wendy and Nicole!!

Kell, glad to know you are feeling better. Love the ATC's you have done.

I hope to have something to share soon. TTFN!

wendyjo
Diva
wendyjo

Kell, finally, your surface. I hope you get better soon.

I love the idea of stamping on the next April lo. I have just become a SU demonstrator, so I am always eager to try new things.

I hope everyone had a great afternoon.

Hi Laura!

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories
In response to wendyjo

Ok, I can't stand it . . . I thought I could wait, but I have decided to share my cards. I had intended to mail these Monday, but they went out yesterday. I don't make many cards, so I hope they are ok:

Easter and Spring cards By Laura C

MeliMedina
Queen
MeliMedina

OK, you guys. I hope that things slow down for me after today. I don't know if I can handle one. more. thing. going. wrong.

On the good side of things, my sister delivered her little boy today. It was the coolest thing I've ever been able to witness and I got tons of gorgeous pictures!

On the tiring side of things, I had to take my husband AND my two kids to immediate care. DH has bronchitis and the two boys have the flu. I have to watch the baby for dehydration and offer him formula and/or water every hour.

Does someone have a spare room for me so I can just get away? There's only so much that Calgone can do! LOL!

BethG.
BethG. 
Idol
BethG.

• MelissaW Said:
OK, you guys. I hope that things slow down for me after today. I don't know if I can handle one. more. thing. going. wrong.

On the good side of things, my sister delivered her little boy today. It was the coolest thing I've ever been able to witness and I got tons of gorgeous pictures!

On the tiring side of things, I had to take my husband AND my two kids to immediate care. DH has bronchitis and the two boys have the flu. I have to watch the baby for dehydration and offer him formula and/or water every hour.

Does someone have a spare room for me so I can just get away? There's only so much that Calgone can do! LOL!

I've got a spare room and it's supposed to be 75 - 80 degrees here this weekend!

I'm sorry you've got such a sick family...it's never any fun and your husband is probably the worst patient of them all, huh! Hope things get better! Spring will be here before you know it!

BethG.
BethG. 
Idol
BethG.
In response to wendyjo

• wendyjo Said:
I'm glad you are feeling better. Enjoy the rest of your day.

Today I am going out to my SIL's for some scrapping. I think I am actually going to make some cards with my new Cricut cartridges.

Enjoy the day everyone!!

Wendy! I got my adorable card today! Can't wait to learn how to use my Wishblade so I can make cards like that too! Thank you so much!

Mary Lou

BethG.
BethG. 
Idol
BethG.

I mailed mine yesterday. I sure hope they make England by Easter. If not, I'm sure they'll be there shortly thereafter. It looks better IRL but it's 3D so I couldn't get it to scan very well.

Easter Card By BethG.

BethG.
BethG. 
Idol
BethG.

• Laura C Said:
Bev, I think a birthday card swap would be great! I am pming you my birthday to add to the list. I love the new challenge too. I just bought some new swirly clear stamps, so this will give me the excuse I need to start practicing on my stamping.

Hi Beth! I would love to do a page for your Wildlife Center scrapbook. Just let me know. I'll definitely check out the website too.

Hi Wendy and Nicole!!

Kell, glad to know you are feeling better. Love the ATC's you have done.

I hope to have something to share soon. TTFN!

That's great Laura! I'm picking up all the articles, etc tomorrow evening when I go to feed babies. Apparently the center was overloaded with baby squirrells over the weekend! They're so cute and fun to feed! They grab the little syringe with their little fees and suck it down with almost as much force as a lamb! Sooo cute!

i'm checking out and heading to bed. Talk to you ladies later!

Beth

Croppin Momma
Pro
Croppin Momma
In response to BethG.

Wendy - Yes, I've been looking at E-Bay, just don't have the extra moola right now, but soon!

Beth - I wish that we had nice weather, but I know that it's coming (or I hope)

Kell - So glad that you are feeling better!

Melissa - So sorry about your family! I know how you feel, my son had to have fluids pumped into him at a year old...hardest thing of my life! Hope that they get better soon...and congrats on your nephew.

Laura - Great cards! Can't wait.

Bev - I'm sure your cards are great...I will have to think hard about the stamping, I don't have any and am not sure whether I can afford at the moment to buy any. Anyone have any tips?

Sherrise - Haven't started my cards really yet either. Don't feel bad...

Diana - Hope that your weekend coming up isn't quite as hectic.

Helena - Hope things calm down for you too!

Chelsea - Hope that moving is going good.

Debbie - Did you end up getting your printer going?? Hope so!

Think that I hit everyone. I might not be on for the next couple of days...work sucks, long story, many layoffs...not me, but I have a huge interview on Friday, so hopefully I will get that. It's an Assistant Manager at a a Banking Center. Huge raise. So wish me good luck.

wendyjo
Diva
wendyjo

Yah!! Beth you got my card!! I'm glad you like it.

See you all tomorrow!!

Don't forget to PM your birthday to Bev!!

scrapperbee
Angel
scrapperbee
In response to wendyjo

Got my cards done today.

Melissa, big hugs to you!

Nicole, don't worry about stamps. We'll figure out something. I've read about using simple items around the house--even read once to use paper towel and bleach on cs but never tried that. Also, a couple times at M's I've found some cute stamps on sale for $1.

Kellmorris
Governor
Kellmorris

just a quick check in, what is all this talk about stamping?? Have you set a sneaky challenge when I was out of action... I DO NOT DO stamps!! I need to go back and read all the posts.

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories

Kell, you can do this . . . we'll just jump in this challenge together!

scrapperbee
Angel
scrapperbee

Kell, it's the April challenge--giving everyone lots of time to get their courage up and get adjusted to the idea! We'll be a support group! I also listed it on the first post.

Gemini Twins
Diva
Gemini Twins

I apologize for being MIA yesterday but I lost my puppy, Tanner. She was killed by a car. After finding her and getting her home, I buried her. I miss her so much and keeping blaming myself for not keeping her safe, like I promised her. I keep thinking that I should have done more to find her. This is very hard for me after dealing with losing both my parents and sister.

scrapperbee
Angel
scrapperbee

Oh, Debbie, I'm so sorry. We lost one of our granddogs the same way last month. Tanner was a cutie--great pic in your avatar.

wendyjo
Diva
wendyjo

Debbie...oh my goodness!! I am so sorry!!

Kell...you have to give stamps a chance. I am going to put a small booklet in the mail to you, hopefully it will help.

I am at work, I just wanted to wish you all a good day!!

BethG.
BethG. 
Idol
BethG.

• Croppin' Momma Said:
Wendy - Yes, I've been looking at E-Bay, just don't have the extra moola right now, but soon!

Beth - I wish that we had nice weather, but I know that it's coming (or I hope)

Kell - So glad that you are feeling better!

Melissa - So sorry about your family! I know how you feel, my son had to have fluids pumped into him at a year old...hardest thing of my life! Hope that they get better soon...and congrats on your nephew.

Laura - Great cards! Can't wait.

Bev - I'm sure your cards are great...I will have to think hard about the stamping, I don't have any and am not sure whether I can afford at the moment to buy any. Anyone have any tips?

Sherrise - Haven't started my cards really yet either. Don't feel bad...

Diana - Hope that your weekend coming up isn't quite as hectic.

Helena - Hope things calm down for you too!

Chelsea - Hope that moving is going good.

Debbie - Did you end up getting your printer going?? Hope so!

Think that I hit everyone. I might not be on for the next couple of days...work sucks, long story, many layoffs...not me, but I have a huge interview on Friday, so hopefully I will get that. It's an Assistant Manager at a a Banking Center. Huge raise. So wish me good luck.

Good luck on the job interview!

Be glad that Elliot Spitzer is GONE! He made our lives a living **** for a very long time!

BethG.
BethG. 
Idol
BethG.

I'm so sorry for your loss. Dogs do get out, it's instinct to roam. Don't beat yourself up about it. I know that's easier said than done. I'd probably do the same thing. Here's a hug!

BethG.
BethG. 
Idol
BethG.

• Kellmorris Said:
just a quick check in, what is all this talk about stamping?? Have you set a sneaky challenge when I was out of action... I DO NOT DO stamps!! I need to go back and read all the posts.

Kell..I stamped the design on the letters on this page after I cut them out. Lots of ways to do stamps!

5 things About me By BethG.

Edited by BethG. on 03-13-08 09:27 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

BethG.
BethG. 
Idol
BethG.

• scrapperbee Said:
Got my cards done today.

Melissa, big hugs to you!

Nicole, don't worry about stamps. We'll figure out something. I've read about using simple items around the house--even read once to use paper towel and bleach on cs but never tried that. Also, a couple times at M's I've found some cute stamps on sale for $1.

I've used bleach on a stamp on cs and it's really pretty...how about cutting a design on a potatoe? We did that when we were kids!

Croppin Momma
Pro
Croppin Momma
In response to BethG.

Debbie I am so sorry about your dog. I know how hard that must be. Don't blame yourself.

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories

Debbie, I am sending lots of hugs your way!

I am so sorry that happened. Please don't blame yourself.

Kellmorris
Governor
Kellmorris

Stamping challenge!! I get more ink on me than on the paper and then make a *****mess! OK Laura I will jump in this challenge with you!! I am not one for turning down a challenge!! Wish i was!!!

Wendy what a kind thought, I look forward to receiving it. I think the main problem is I lack patience!! I did a bit of stamping inside your Easter cards and you will see it is very amateurish

Debbie what sad news about your poor little puppy, please don't blame yourself, it isn't easy to keep them in. You will be in my thoughts. i have a dog that runs, the only way we can keep her in is an electronic collar and electric fence.

Beth who is Elliot Spitzer and what did he do to make your life so miserable??

I remember doing potato stamping when I was child, made a huge mess then too!!

Bev Now the Easter cards are all in Envelopes. I post Helena's in England, do i post the rest to you or direct to everyone?? If I send them all to you, how do i pay you for the postage??

scrapperbee
Angel
scrapperbee

Kell, if you send them all to me, I'll send them out. Don't worry about the postage.

BethG.
BethG. 
Idol
BethG.

• Kellmorris Said:
Stamping challenge!! I get more ink on me than on the paper and then make a *****mess! OK Laura I will jump in this challenge with you!! I am not one for turning down a challenge!! Wish i was!!!

Wendy what a kind thought, I look forward to receiving it. I think the main problem is I lack patience!! I did a bit of stamping inside your Easter cards and you will see it is very amateurish

Debbie what sad news about your poor little puppy, please don't blame yourself, it isn't easy to keep them in. You will be in my thoughts. i have a dog that runs, the only way we can keep her in is an electronic collar and electric fence.

Beth who is Elliot Spitzer and what did he do to make your life so miserable??

I remember doing potato stamping when I was child, made a huge mess then too!!

Bev Now the Easter cards are all in Envelopes. I post Helena's in England, do i post the rest to you or direct to everyone?? If I send them all to you, how do i pay you for the postage??

Elliot Spitzer was the scourge of Wallstreet (our stock market). He was the NY Attorney General before he became governor. While he fixed things in the industry that should have been fixed years ago, he quickly became an ambitious zealot and ruined many lives of innocent bystanders. He also prosecuted several prosition rings. He was busted last week transporting a prostitute across state lines. You can check out CNN.com or any of our other news sites to get more information. Needless to say most of us that work in the financial services industry are very happy to see him get his comuppance! He made many enemies and has very few friends!

BethG.
BethG. 
Idol
BethG.
In response to BethG.

I went to the wildlife center to feed babies this evening after work. I took a bunch of pics.
click on this link (or copy and paste to your browser) to see the pictures! They're so cute!

http://adobe.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp?c=a4wvb3v.9uza7iv7&...

i'm off to bed!

scrapperbee
Angel
scrapperbee
In response to BethG.

Awesome pics, Beth!

wendyjo
Diva
wendyjo

Good Evening ladies...

Laura, I got your adorable card today!! Thank you so much. I love all the chalking you did.

Kell...I'm so glad you are going to take the challenge!! Yah!!

Debbie...Keep you head up sweetie.

I have to go to bed. We worked on the house all evening. I'm pooped!!!

scrapperbee
Angel
scrapperbee
In response to wendyjo

Finished this tonight for Debbie's Heritage Challenge.

My Heritage

Page 5 of 88 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics