Page 6 of 88 
Username Post: COF Critique Group #3--Why not join us!        (Topic#1452287)
Kellmorris
Governor
Kellmorris
In response to scrapperbee

Thanks Bev, you are a sweetie!! Great LO.

Beth that guy sounds like some unpleasant character, how did he rise so high? My son is an accountant in Ohio, i will ask him about it all. I just noticed your signature about border collies, I had a sweet collie. I miss her so much after she got old and died. My DS in US has 3, he breeds two of them, there should be puppies when i am visiting. Couldn't see your pics the gallery is down, can you post any here?

Wendy sit yourself down with a nice glass of wine and put your feet up, you deserve it!!

Sherrise
Mayor
Sherrise
In response to Kellmorris

Stamping! Bev, you are evil! Well, I'm with Kell.. BUT I did ask for it, so I'll go along!

Kell, glad to hear all is well with you. Are you fully recovered?

Beth, those animal babies are just soo sweet! What a lovely job to feed them!

Wendy.. I got your lovely card. It really made my day.. GORGEOUS work!! Oh, and you have really nice printing!! THANK YOU!

Debbie, so sorry to hear of your loss! I hope you can see clearly that you were not at fault. Nothing is ever fully in our control. I hope you find some comfort!! Hugs from me!

HI LAURA!

And Chelsea.. we MISS you!!

Gemini Twins
Diva
Gemini Twins

My cards went postal yesterday. Whew! I thought that I would need additional postage but I didn't. I could have sent them out sooner. lol

Linda, I recieved your card yesterday and loved it. What a wonderful surprised it was. It was so cute. lol thanks

wendyjo
Diva
wendyjo
In response to Gemini Twins

Good morning all..

Kell thank for the advice on the wine. I'm going to work by buns off until April 11th and then I will enjoy my 7 day cruise to the Caribbean. Thats the reward. The move and the vacation were not planned this way, life just happened that way.

I have to go to work again, YUCK!!

I'll be back soon though!!

BethG.
BethG. 
Idol
BethG.
In response to wendyjo

• wendyjo Said:
Good morning all..

Kell thank for the advice on the wine. I'm going to work by buns off until April 11th and then I will enjoy my 7 day cruise to the Caribbean. Thats the reward. The move and the vacation were not planned this way, life just happened that way.

I have to go to work again, YUCK!!
I'll be back soon though!!

I know how you feel about unplanned events! Last sping....

I quit a job, my DH got a huge promotion an hour after I resigned

Got a job

Got Married

sold a house, closed on the new one the day after we got back from Jamaica and moved the next week
all within 45 days! I was a basket case!

BethG.
BethG. 
Idol
BethG.

• Kellmorris Said:
Thanks Bev, you are a sweetie!! Great LO.

Beth that guy sounds like some unpleasant character, how did he rise so high? My son is an accountant in Ohio, i will ask him about it all. I just noticed your signature about border collies, I had a sweet collie. I miss her so much after she got old and died. My DS in US has 3, he breeds two of them, there should be puppies when i am visiting. Couldn't see your pics the gallery is down, can you post any here?

Wendy sit yourself down with a nice glass of wine and put your feet up, you deserve it!!

Hi Kell...
the link I posted is not in the sb.com gallery. You'll need to copy it and paste it to your web brouser. If you still can't see it pm me your home e-mail address and I'll send it along. I wouldn't think it has anything to do with your living in England but who knows!

Love my little border collies. When will you be coming to the US to visit? I hear Ohio has mountains of snow right now and it's very cold!

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories
In response to BethG.

Hi everyone!! I received my cards from Wendy and Beth today. Just made me smile. I love them both!!

Beth, I loved the photos from the rehab center. My ds was looking at those with me, and he kept saying how cute all the animals are.

And talk about the irony with Elliot Spitzer . . . I thought it was hilarious that he got caught with the call girl. Just had to laugh at that.

Wendy, you have been working so hard getting everything ready for your move. You deserve that vacation coming up. Which cruiseline and port will you be sailing from for your vacation?

It feels like spring here today. It is right at 70 degrees, and we have beautiful blue skies. Of course, tomorrow, when I am finally off from work, it is supposed to rain. I guess if I can't work in my yard (finally feeling that itch), I will have to settle for working on some of my scrapbook pages. Oh, the sacrifices I make . . .

Sherrise, are your kids off for spring break this week, or will it be next week? I just picked Sam up from school a little early, so that his spring break could officially start this afternoon. He hung out here in my office until his dad could come get him. I think he and his daddy are planning to be off together a few days next week, but unfortunately, I must work. Ya know, I am beginning to feel [cough] a sick day approaching.

Debbie, I thought my cards would cost extra too, which is why I had to wait until Tuesday, since I wanted to go to the post office and make certain as to the postage they would need. I can't keep up with the things they charge extra for these days.

Bev, I am off to check out your latest.

I'll try to check back later!

Edited by Laura C on 03-14-08 10:33 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

scrapperbee
Deity
scrapperbee
In response to lcmemories

My cards went postal today! Now--have a dining room table covered with 6 months of 2006 church pics. Goal is to get them scrapped ASAP, then do 2007.

Croppin Momma
Pro
Croppin Momma

Beth - I can tie or maybe even beat you on the cramming a lot of stuff into one short period of time...

Starting on the 8th of October 2004:
Closed on our house (8th)
Got married (9th)
Left on our honeymoon (10-16th)
Moved into (and had to renovate a ton) on the 23rd
Got pregnant (24th)
Graduated from college (Dec 18th)

We always like to say that my hubby and I like to do things fast and all together.

Kellmorris
Governor
Kellmorris
In response to Croppin Momma

I had a big upheaval when I was 40, got divorced, moved house, got married, had a child at 41.!! moved house again. life is reasonably settled now, but never boring!

Sherrise
Mayor
Sherrise

Oh you don't even want to get me started talking about upheaval!! All I can say is that women are amazing, flexible and superhuman sometimes!!
I got two beautiful cards today!! Laura's and Beths. Thank you sooo much.. they are just really making my week!!

Laura, my kids don't have off until next Thursday, Friday and Monday. We had quite a few snow days here this year, so they cut those days out of their spring break. I won't have any of those days off with them, so I'm not all that thrilled, lol. Although it will be nice not to have to rush around with them in the morning.

Tomorrow.. I plan on doing my cards.. Tomorrow. I am beginning to feel like Lil' Orphan Annie!!

wendyjo
Diva
wendyjo
In response to Sherrise

Hi ladies...

Just got home from work and thought I would pop in and say hello!!

I hope everyone had a nice day!!

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories
In response to wendyjo

Good morning!! I have spent the last two hours trying to get caught up on the challenge threads I signed up for this month. I think I am going back to bed to take a nap. I hope to get my heritage page, and at least one of my vacation pages finished this weekend (at least that is the plan). Have a great weekend everyone!

Kellmorris
Governor
Kellmorris

JCI, feeling good, was at work yesterday. am going to try and complete some of my challenges like you Laura that I signed for. I still have your Lo to lift too.

scrapperbee
Deity
scrapperbee

Good morning! Had a great day with dd yesterday. Today she's with friends, so hope to get some scrapping done.

wendyjo
Diva
wendyjo

Good Morning Bev, Laura, and Kell~

I hope you all slept well.

Kell~I dropped a stamping technique pamphlet in the mail for you yesterday. The Post Office said about 5 days. They said that about your card also, and I mailed it last Monday.

I have another wonderful day of work.

My dh almost has all of the flooring done in our basement. We will finish up the carpet in the bedroom's tomorrow evening and then we can move the kids furniture into their bedrooms.

I'll check in again tonight.

Have a good one.

MeliMedina
Queen
MeliMedina
In response to wendyjo

Good afternoon!

OK. It's Saturday. I vowed that we're not doing anything this weekend except staying home and recovering! I have a few little errands to run, but no plans otherwise that involve being out of the house.

Today, I'll get to my cards and have them ready to go postal on Monday. Since it's so late in the game, I'll probably make them more spring oriented than Easter. I hope that's OK?

I also have to work on my challenges that I committed to AND write two newsletters for my editorials that are due on Writing.Com. I swear I commit myself to too much stuff.

I hope y'all will forgive me not being around much, but I'm ACUTH with the LOs, left love where it should've been left.

Debbie, I'm sorry to hear about your dog. I had a cat get hit by a car and it wasn't something I ever want to experience again.

Everyone is still sick, but DH is doing a lot better with his bronchitis, so life has gotten dramatically easier for me. He said I get today to do whatever I want, so scrapbooking it is! LOL!

Hope everybody is having a great weekend so far, and I'm loving the cards I've gotten. They're gorgeous!

Kellmorris
Governor
Kellmorris
In response to MeliMedina

Thank you so much Wendy, what a good friend, i can't wait to see my card and the stamping leaflet...somehow I doubt that I will become an accomplished stamper. I did a little inside all your cards, got a bit brave.

Melissa so glad to hear everyone is feeling better an you are having a well deserved rest.

Bev my cards went in the post to you today, i doubt if they will arrive before Easter, I should've got my DH to post them before my Op. sorry didn't think.

scrapperbee
Deity
scrapperbee

Don't worry, Kell, we're just happy your surgery went well.

Wendy and Beth, got your BEAUTIFUL cards today. You all are way ahead of me on the cardmaking.

BethG.
BethG. 
Idol
BethG.

• Croppin' Momma Said:
Beth - I can tie or maybe even beat you on the cramming a lot of stuff into one short period of time...

Starting on the 8th of October 2004:
Closed on our house (8th)
Got married (9th)
Left on our honeymoon (10-16th)
Moved into (and had to renovate a ton) on the 23rd
Got pregnant (24th)
Graduated from college (Dec 18th)

We always like to say that my hubby and I like to do things fast and all together.

Well I guess I'm one-uped! I had a hysterectomy several years ago (thank gosh) or I'm sure I would have been pregant too!

BethG.
BethG. 
Idol
BethG.
In response to BethG.

Just checking in. My DN has worn me out! We've had quite a girl's day! We've been shopping for several new outfits for her and now we're having a scrapbooking night! I got her a kit at Wal-Mart that's scrapping by number so I don't have to do much besides put adhesive on things! Hopefully she'll use up a bunch of my sticker stash so I can go buy more!

I got cards for Laura and Debbieann! I just love getting cards in the mail! So much better than all the ads and ever so much prettier! Thanks everyone for the hard work!

I'm off to submit a page for a couple of challenges before I sign off for the night. It's the ballet tomorrow and then off to the other side of Houston to get my DN to her Dad's house!

Hope your weekends are going beautifully!

Beth

scrapperbee
Deity
scrapperbee
In response to BethG.

Got four church lo's completed today, but only uploaded two:

HBC

wendyjo
Diva
wendyjo
In response to BethG.

Good Morning Ladies...

I hope everyone is having a good weekend. I am JCI here at work. I didn't have a chance to say hello last evening.

Have a good day!!

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories
In response to wendyjo

Here is my latest:

Oh The Places You Will Go By Laura C

BethG.
BethG. 
Idol
BethG.

Good morining ladies! I thought I'd check in while my niece is still in bed but that was short lived! She's up and ready for the ballet! I'll try to checkin tonight! I forgot how much work a 7 year old is! Glad I had my kids while I was young.

Kell...you are a saint!

Kellmorris
Governor
Kellmorris
In response to BethG.

• BethG. Said:
Good morining ladies! I thought I'd check in while my niece is still in bed but that was short lived! She's up and ready for the ballet! I'll try to checkin tonight! I forgot how much work a 7 year old is! Glad I had my kids while I was young.

Kell...you are a saint!

Hey i know I am an angel but why am I a saint??

I am working away from home this week so may not be around, but I am taking my computer with me, hopefully the hotel will have internet connection.

We had a disater today, a leak in the roof, soaking our Ds room, but as he was away for the weekend we didn't know until the ceilings came down!! I'll take a photo of it in a minute for you. What a mess, didn't help that he uses his floor as a filing system, clothes rack and book shelves and everything else!!. i have picked up all his clothes and have to wash everything now! We vacuumed as much water as we could from the carpet as we could and cleared the ceiling from the floor. We are fully insured so we have to wait for the loss adjuster to visit and then the room will have to be stripped and replastered and decorated. He has been asking for a while to have his room redecorated!!

Picture of the damage......... why am I sitting here with so much cleaning up to do??

POD - Disaster!!
By Kellmorris

BethG.
BethG. 
Idol
BethG.

• Kellmorris Said:
  • BethG. Said:

Kell...you are a saint!

Hey i know I am an angel but why am I a saint??

I am working away from home this week so may not be around, but I am taking my computer with me, hopefully the hotel will have internet connection.

We had a disater today, a leak in the roof, soaking our Ds room, but as he was away for the weekend we didn't know until the ceilings came down!! I'll take a photo of it in a minute for you. What a mess, didn't help that he uses his floor as a filing system, clothes rack and book shelves and everything else!!. i have picked up all his clothes and have to wash everything now! We vacuumed as much water as we could from the carpet as we could and cleared the ceiling from the floor. We are fully insured so we have to wait for the loss adjuster to visit and then the room will have to be stripped and replastered and decorated. He has been asking for a while to have his room redecorated!!

Picture of the damage......... why am I sitting here with so much cleaning up to do??

POD - Disaster!!
By Kellmorris

Kell...I am so sorry! We had the same problem a few years ago and it's not fun!

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories
In response to BethG.

Kell, so sorry to hear about the water problems. I think I would have just cried. I hope your work away from home includes some relaxation and down time too. You definitely deserve it after having had surgery, and now major home repairs. Again, big hugs!!

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories

Beth, it sounds like your weekend was fun, but also hectic. I have a six year old little boy you can have next, if you really feel the urge to be worn out.

Hi Wendy! Hope work was ok for you this weekend. I hate that tomorrow is Monday. Ugh!!

Melissa, I am so glad to hear that your family is finally on the mend. I know you must be exhausted. I hope you were able to have a relaxing day today, with lots of time for yourself.

I did not get much done this weekend. I found out yesterday that I might have to cancel my scrapbook retreat at the end of this month, since my hubby is now scheduled to be out of town that weekend. I can't decide if I am going to ask my sister to come babysit for me or not. On one hand I really want to go, but on the other I feel guilty about leaving for a crop and asking someone other than my hubby to watch our ds. I just can't decide what to do. Also, it doesn't look like I'll get any of the money refunded, so if I don't go, I am just out those $$.

Anyway, I guess I am going to watch some television for a little while. Take care, and I'll try to check back sometime tomorrow.

scrapperbee
Deity
scrapperbee

Oh my, so glad you have insurance Kell. Hope everyone had a great weekend. School starts for me again tomorrow, though we have Good Friday off so it's only a four-day week. Hope it starts getting warmer. Just ordered 35 more pics from snapfish. Somehow I feel like I order more than I scrap, just keep getting further behind.

Croppin Momma
Pro
Croppin Momma

Hey guys...Getting ready to mail out my cards (probably Tuesday, sorry I know that they might not get their by Sunday) and I was just wondering how much it cost you guys to send it to Jackie and Helena. Did you just go to the post office and have them do it?? Haven't sent something over seas before.

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories

Nicole, that is exactly what I did. I think mine would have been 95 cents or so, and that is because it did not require any additional postage. Just go by there, and they will tell you the amount of postage you need.

Kellmorris
Governor
Kellmorris

can't wait to get my cards, off to work now hope to catch up during the week!

scrapperbee
Deity
scrapperbee

I just went up to the counter, and they figured the postage, put the stamps on, and took them away. But I had to do the US stamps myself, and put the cards in the box myself.

3jmom
3jmom 
Governor
3jmom
  • 3jmom on 03-17-08 04:11 AM

Good morning ladies! I appologize - I haven't been on in a while - things have just been a little crazy (not crazy like the ceiling falling in or anything thank goodness! lol) Just a lot of work and a lot of sports with the boys and getting ready for our vacation this week. We leave for Anna Maria Island in Florida today at noon, which means I won't be on much this week either - BUT will come home with a lot of photos to share and a lot of material to scrap with!

Question - is it too late to do the birthday card swap? I haven't sent my address in because I wasn't sure WHAT we had to have done by the end of March (can't remember the date) - if it's the cards, there's no way I can do it because I won't be here. If it's just the name and address - I'm in!

MeliMedina
Queen
MeliMedina
In response to 3jmom

Good morning! JCI from work. I got the cards done last night, but forgot them as I walked out the door so they won't get to post until tomorrow, probably, unless I can talk my MIL into staying so I can get them in the mail.

Kell - Sorry to hear about your leaking/collapsing roof! I hope you're able to get it taken care of quick so you don't end up in a hotel for too long!

I am seriously worn out, and there's conferences this week, so I get to work late several days this week. I don't know if we get Friday off. I know that there's a half-day on Thursday (only for students) but I still have to work a full day, and then some because of conferences!

Hope you all have a wonderful Monday. I better get off this computer and see if there's something I can do to keep busy! LOL!

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories

Melissa, I hope things ease up a little at work for ya. Sounds like you have a hectic week ahead.

Have a great time on your vacation Diana! It sounds like it will be lots of fun. I think we are only sending in our names, addresses, and birthday for the cards now.

Bev, I know exactly what you mean about getting further behind. I just upload my photos to Snapfish, and don't even bother having any printed out until I get ready to work on some pages.

Just thought I would stop by and check in quickly. Have a great week everyone!

BethG.
BethG. 
Idol
BethG.

I do the same thing with my pictures but I use Wolf Camera. There's a store not too far from my office and I just order them when I want 'em and pick them up on my lunch hour.

Sorry Laura...the 7 year-old was enough for me for a while! I had a ball but "The Pricess Club" (as my DH calls it)doesn't meet that often!

Fun day in the stock market today! I think I'll just relax and do nothing tonight but veg out!

Have a nice week all!

Beth

BethG.
BethG. 
Idol
BethG.

• Croppin' Momma Said:
Hey guys...Getting ready to mail out my cards (probably Tuesday, sorry I know that they might not get their by Sunday) and I was just wondering how much it cost you guys to send it to Jackie and Helena. Did you just go to the post office and have them do it?? Haven't sent something over seas before.

I think mine were $1.89 to the UK but they were a bit heavier than the others I think. I used the kiosk a the post office and it just asked what country I was mailing to and printed off the international sticker! I didn't even have to wait in a long line!

Croppin Momma
Pro
Croppin Momma
In response to BethG.

Yeah I think that I am going to try and take an early lunch tomorrow and go to the post office. I started my Masters program today though, so my days are going to get even busier. Luckily it's online though, so no class to go to and sit.

Kellmorris
Governor
Kellmorris
In response to BethG.

• BethG. Said:
  • Croppin' Momma Said:

I think mine were $1.89 to the UK but they were a bit heavier than the others I think. I used the kiosk a the post office and it just asked what country I was mailing to and printed off the international sticker! I didn't even have to wait in a long line!

So delighted to get your card today, I love the Easter bunny, a beautiful card, to be one pf my new treasures.

scrapperbee
Deity
scrapperbee
In response to 3jmom

• 3jmom Said:
Good morning ladies! I appologize - I haven't been on in a while - things have just been a little crazy (not crazy like the ceiling falling in or anything thank goodness! lol) Just a lot of work and a lot of sports with the boys and getting ready for our vacation this week. We leave for Anna Maria Island in Florida today at noon, which means I won't be on much this week either - BUT will come home with a lot of photos to share and a lot of material to scrap with!

Question - is it too late to do the birthday card swap? I haven't sent my address in because I wasn't sure WHAT we had to have done by the end of March (can't remember the date) - if it's the cards, there's no way I can do it because I won't be here. If it's just the name and address - I'm in!

All I need is your addy, preferably by March 24 (I'm not sure when Chelsea will be checking in), so I'll put you down and pm your address to me when you can.

scrapperbee
Deity
scrapperbee

Wow, Nicole, good luck working on your masters. Wish I could have done mine online! Didn't even have a computer back then!

Edited by scrapperbee on 03-17-08 02:57 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

scrapperbee
Deity
scrapperbee

Debbie, got your card today. This is so fun--much better than opening bills.

Gemini Twins
Diva
Gemini Twins

Good morning everyone.

I will join in also. Will the list be the same? I still have my list that I printed out. lol Just trying to keep organized otherwise I will forget. I am so behind right not. I spend too much time fighting with my old printer.

Then I had an all day crop Saturday. Bought a new printer and some clothes for me and my youngest ds sunday.

I will start on them today after I come back from the vampires(lab for blood work). lol Going to apply for a job with the police depart. lol

Gemini Twins
Diva
Gemini Twins

• scrapperbee Said:
Debbie, got your card today. This is so fun--much better than opening bills.

I know the feeling. I love opening them too. Hey maybe we can change the way that bills are done. Have to change the way bills come to us.

Sherrise
Mayor
Sherrise

This IS fun! I love getting pretty mail!! I got three cards yesterday!! Mine WILL go out in the mail today. I'm sorry for those of you who won't recieve them until AFTER Easter.
My son is having his wisdom teeth surgically removed today, so I'd appreciate a prayer for him!!

Have a great day ladies!

Gemini Twins
Diva
Gemini Twins
In response to Sherrise

• Sherrise Said:
This IS fun! I love getting pretty mail!! I got three cards yesterday!! Mine WILL go out in the mail today. I'm sorry for those of you who won't recieve them until AFTER Easter.
My son is having his wisdom teeth surgically removed today, so I'd appreciate a prayer for him!!

Have a great day ladies!

Sherrise, he has my prayers. I had it done back in high school. I still remember how it was. lol

Finally got through all my mail. Everyone around here can get sooo chatty.

scrapperbee
Deity
scrapperbee

Debbie, just pm me your birthday. I will send out an updated list, with birthdays, when I have everyone's info.

Sherrise, praying that your son's surgery goes well.

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories

Sherrise, I hope your son's surgery goes smoothly. I had my wisdom teeth surgically removed too. I am afraid he'll look a bit like a chipmunk for a few days. So sorry he is having to go through that.

Hi Debbie!! Good luck on your job application! I hate having blood work done too. In fact, I am such a baby that I always ask them to use butterfly needles. If I don't, the nurses always seem to have a hard time hitting my veins, and I end up getting poked multiple times. Ouch!! Just makes me cringe thinking about it.

Bev, my little boy was sitting next to me the other night when he saw your avatar. He pointed and said, "He is such a cute baby! Who is that mama?" I explained that was your grandson, and he immediately wanted to know if you lived close enough so he could ask him to come over and play with him. He was just captivated by that photo.

Kell, did you hear from the insurance adjuster yet? I hope you can get someone there to fix everything soon.

Beth, on the scrapbook album you are planning for the Center, what size pages are you going to do? I did not check the market yesterday, but I hope you did ok. I know so little about all of that. I stayed buried at the office for most of the day with paper work. My only break was when I went out to buy treats for the Easter bags I am making for Sam's cousins. Also, I think the computer gurus at work have done something to make it more difficult to access this site from my computer there. I have started getting error messages there, that I don't get when I am at home. I know, I know, I should not be playing at work, but it certainly made keeping up a lot easier.

Speaking of which, I need to go get ready. Have a great day everyone!

Edited by Laura C on 03-18-08 04:34 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

BethG.
BethG. 
Idol
BethG.

• Croppin' Momma Said:
Yeah I think that I am going to try and take an early lunch tomorrow and go to the post office. I started my Masters program today though, so my days are going to get even busier. Luckily it's online though, so no class to go to and sit.

Wow! congrats on the Master's Program. You have a very busy time ahead of you!

Gemini Twins
Diva
Gemini Twins

News Flash!!!

For those who print out their own pics, go to HP.com. They are having a 2 for 1 paper sale. Next day shipping is free!!!!

BethG.
BethG. 
Idol
BethG.

• Kellmorris Said:
  • BethG. Said:
  • Croppin' Momma Said:

So delighted to get your card today, I love the Easter bunny, a beautiful card, to be one pf my new treasures.

Wow! I'm so glad you got it already! I was afraid you wouldn't see it until after the holiday! I guess the US Postal service actually did what it was supposed to do this time! (It's not very dependable in Houston)

I'm so glad you like it! Happy Easter!

BethG.
BethG. 
Idol
BethG.
In response to Sherrise

• Sherrise Said:

Have a great day ladies!

I had my teeth removed when I was a "tween" (I think that's what they call a young teenager now a days). It wasn't fun but my Grandfather brought me some icecream and made it better! My teeth were so bad that it was a very small sacrafice to make to have a pretty smile! I'm sure it will go fine since it's pretty routine surgery. Definately hard when someone you love has to have surgery. Prayers are with you all! Keep us posted on the outcome! Besides....this could be a great scrapbook subject! Before & after smiles!

Futures are up in the market today. Let's hope it likes the Fed lowering interest rates. Only problem with lowering the interest rates is that it makes the price of gold go up and the value of the $$ go down! Let's all hope we get out of this slump soon. On the brighter side of all this financial mess...I'm fairly sure most of us will begin to watch our purse strings a bit more and lower our debt! I certainly don't mean scrapbooking supplies - some sacrifices just are not ment to be made - manicures, pedicures and scrapbook supplies - I guess I'll add fishing tackle for my DH!

Have a good day everyone! Gotta get to work!

Beth

wendyjo
Diva
wendyjo
In response to BethG.

Good morning ladies...

Debbie good luck with the potential job. Are you applying as an officer?

Kell...So sorry about your roof. Good thing for insurance.

Diana...Yah!! vacation, I can't wait to see the pics.

Melissa...I hope your weekend was relaxing.

Laura...Did I tell you that I received your card?

Beth...I also received your card, thank you both. They are wonderful.

Sherrise...Give you son a huge hug for me. Painful. Poor baby.

Bev...Are you back at work now?

I have a few days off now. Last night we started packing. It is going alot better than I thought. I have almost all of the rooms that I was going to do today done. Today for sure is the kitchen.

On Sunday night we finished laying the carpet in the basement. The scraproom is almost complete. We are just waiting on the lamenent for the countertop, and then we will put up the cupboards, and it will be a success. I am waiting to post pics until it is all done.

I did learn alot about laying carpet on Sunday, and I have about a million cuts on my hands to prove it. Owwwey!!

I will check in throughout the day to say hi!!

You all have a great day!!

Croppin Momma
Pro
Croppin Momma

Good Afternoon Ladies!

Sherrise – Saying a prayer for your son. I’m sure that he will be just fine. My hubby and I both had ours out surgically and came through just fine.

Debbie – Good luck on your job. I know how you feel. Got your cards, loved it…so cute!

Kell – So sorry to hear about your roof. I can’t even imagine. I hope that you get that fixed soon!

Bev – Loved my card and my little surprise that you put in there also! I really appreciate it, I can’t wait to try it out.

Wendy – Loved your card also and my little surprise! Can’t wait to see what I can do with it. You have been so busy. How do you do so much? I wish that I could be so productive.

Diana – Have a great time!

Laura – Stinks that they are making it difficult for you to access at work. I don’t even know what I would do if they did that here. Got your card the other day also…lovely.

Beth – Got your card the other day, loved it.

My cards went to the post office today, so hopefully most of you will receive yours before Easter. I’m not sure about Kell and Helena.

Hope to catch up on some galleries today and love today.

MeliMedina
Queen
MeliMedina

Ugh... everyone is better, except me. I had to miss work today because I was up all night ill.

I was wondering if I was going to end up getting something. At least it waited until after everyone else got done being sick before it hit me.

Sherrise - I hope your son does OK. I had mine surgically removed when I was 17 and I ended up with mono two weeks afterwards - not from the surgery but because my immune system was so shot from the antibiotics and stuff because mine were also impacted. Lucky for me, I only had them on one side!

HAGD everyone! I think I'm going back to bed.

Gemini Twins
Diva
Gemini Twins

Melissa, hope you are feeling better. Eat some chicken soup. lol Its good medicine!!

Still very achy all over so I will have to go tomorrow about the job. I sleep alittle and type alittle. The job is a community service officer and requires wearing a uniform.

wendyjo
Diva
wendyjo

Do any of you know anything about the Pazzels Creative Cutter? Apparently, this weekend, was craft day on the Home SHopping Network, and the value of the day was a Pazzels creative cutter. My mom ordered one for me. I have been checking it out online,and sure looks super cool. Any feedback ladies?

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories
In response to wendyjo

I think it is similar to the Wishblade , and may actually do more than my Wishblade does. If I am not mistaken, you can cut any font, but I don't know what type of files it cuts. I think it is spelled Pazzles. I think the Wishblade group I posted a link to a few days ago also provides support for Pazzles as well. You may want to check it out.

wendyjo
Diva
wendyjo
In response to wendyjo

Thank you Laura...Do you have a Wishblade ? Have you ever used the Cricut? I have one, and love it.

Helena Philips
Governor
Helena Philips

• debbieann Said:
I apologize for being MIA yesterday but I lost my puppy, Tanner. She was killed by a car. After finding her and getting her home, I buried her. I miss her so much and keeping blaming myself for not keeping her safe, like I promised her. I keep thinking that I should have done more to find her. This is very hard for me after dealing with losing both my parents and sister.

Oh sweetheart, I am so sorry!!!! Sending you ((((HUGS)))) and kisses XXXXX

Helena
XXXX

Helena Philips
Governor
Helena Philips
In response to Helena Philips

Phew all caught up!!!

Hope everyone that has been ill/has someone that is ill/or been through surgery are feeling better!!!!

Laura I received your fantastic Easter Card today, which really brightened up my day!!!

I am holding off posting photos of mine until everyone receives theirs, it's hard, but I never show before someone recives whatever, I like it to be a surprise!!! HEHEHE!!!!!

MY you ladies have sure been very busy!!!!!

Night Night all
XXXX

scrapperbee
Deity
scrapperbee

Short school week, so I'm half way done. Hope to get extra scrapping done this weekend. And a friend's coming over Friday night--with her cricut. We usually scrap way into the night--well morning.

I really need to update my avatar--that was taken Christmas and I have some newer ones.

Have a two-pager almost finished. Hope to get it posted tonight.

Kellmorris
Governor
Kellmorris

Hi Bev can you add me to the birthday list. mine is Oct 1st

Beth sounds like you had a good time with your DN

Laura hope you don't have to cancel your retreat, ME time is so important

Diana I know you are away at the moment, just hoping you are having a well deserved rest. there is a little something in the post. i didn't want you to miss our because you were so busy

Melissa, take care of yourself, don't work too hard

Nicole what are you doing your masters in? i love to study, but don't have too much time at the moment

Debbie, what sort of printer did you get, I really need a new one, ours at home is completely worn out and it is only B/W too. Good luck with your job application, what will you be doing?

Sherrise, hope you Ds gets through his wisdom tooth removal OK, i had mine done many years ago, but still remember it!!

Wendy, you sure are busy on your house, don't forget to post us a few pictures. Never heard of that cutter.

Nice to see you back Helena, Have you been taking exams, doing assignments or placements??

Well time to say good night, i am working away from home this week so enjoying a few days in a hotel. Glad i got the internet with me though! i have left the family to deal with the insurance loss adjuster. Lets hope it all goes well.

CSI Miami just started, going to watch it in bed!!

scrapperbee
Deity
scrapperbee

Have heard from everybody on the b'day cards except Chelsea. Anybody remember when she was going to be getting settled? I know it's somewhere in the back pages, but am hoping someone remembers!

Gemini Twins
Diva
Gemini Twins

Thanks. She is home now and safe in the backyard where I buried her. I put a beautiful flowering plant over her.

scrapperbee
Deity
scrapperbee

Finished another church two-pager.

Harvest Dinner

Gemini Twins
Diva
Gemini Twins

Kell, I got a HP C7280. Its an All-In-One printer. If you need one, go to Staples. They have a program where HP will give you $50 for your old one when you buy a new one. My didn't work at all and they still gave me the $50 off. Its better than throwing the old one away. I can also got rid of my scanner. This printer does it all. Its still taking me time to get used to a different way of printing photos. Also HP on their website is have a 2 for 1 paper sale and you can free overnight shipping. Now I am a printing fool.

BethG.
BethG. 
Idol
BethG.

Good morning ladies!

Hey Kell! My birthday is also October 1!

Melissa – sorry you're under the weather. How come Moms always get sick too!

Bev – got your card & pic! Nice to have a face behind the grandbabies! Love the card

Helena – thanks for all the comments in my gallery! Glad to see you back!

Wendy – so exciting that you're almost ready to get into your new home! I love my scraproom! My loss has a Pazzles cutter but it's the big industrial one so I'm not much help with that one! Let us know how you like it when you receive it!

Sherrise – how'd the wisdom teeth removal go?

Debbie – I have an HP to and love it. I have noticed that the better quality photo paper you use the better the color prints.

Laura: I've managed to join the Wishblade group but havn't been able to really read through it yet. I'm painting my desk this weekend so hopefully I'll have time to just get on the computer and look around during paint coats!

My DH and I are going to the Houston Rodeo and Livestock Show (Yee Haw) tomorrow night to see the rodeo and Dierks Bentley right after it's over so I may not be on again until Friday. I'll try to get some pictures of the rodeo events and upload them! We have a young woman working here who moved here from Switzerland last fall; she went to her first rodeo last week and thought it was funny! The Houston Rodeo lasts for about 3 weeks and is a huge agricultural scholarship fund raiser; it's a big deal here! There are just soooooooooo many people in one place that we don't go too often.

Time to get to work! Have a good day all!

Croppin Momma
Pro
Croppin Momma
In response to BethG.

JCI

wendyjo
Diva
wendyjo

Good Morning Ladies!!!

Today I am moving all of my precious scrapbooking supplies to the new house.
Yesterday, I got the call that the laminant was in, so I rush down there so excited, and it is the wrong color.
So, my dh knowing how disappointed I was, went to the house and hung up all the cupboards. SO sweet!

Anyway, today I will be making a few trips with some of the bulky kitchen appliances that are to ackward to put in a box and the scrapping stuff.

As far as the Pazzels go, I don't think I am getting an industrial size one.

http://crafts-sewing.hsn.com/pazzles-inspiration-c reati...

This a link to the one I have on the way.
I have gotten some adorable cards.

Yesterday I recieved Helena's, Bev's, and Debbie's.

Thank you!! They are beautiful.

Have a great day ladies!!

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories
In response to wendyjo

Hi!! Just checking in quickly on my lunch hour. I picked up cards from Bev and Debbie today. Love them!! Thanks so much!

Wendy, I hope the move goes quickly and smoothly for you. Can't wait to see a pic of your cupboards, and the finished scraproom. It sounds fabulous.

You should have fun with the pazzles. No cartridges to buy for that! The only thing is that it will need to stay connected to your computer. I still use my old Sizzix Sidekick, because there are times when I just don't want to hook everything up to make my Wishblade work. In fact, I ordered some cute stuff that is on sale at the Sizzix website earlier today. They had rub-ons, and stamps that are on sale, in addition to the dies.

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories
In response to BethG.

• BethG. Said:
Good morning ladies!

Laura: I've managed to join the Wishblade group but havn't been able to really read through it yet. I'm painting my desk this weekend so hopefully I'll have time to just get on the computer and look around during paint coats!

Beth, since you have your Wishblade software loaded on your computer, all you need to do is go to the site, and click on the files section. They should have loads of files you can download free now that you are a member. Also there is an archive site, and I believe there is a link somewhere there to that. It has all the past files that have been available. I have hundreds of GSD files I have downloaded thanks to the generosity of the ladies running that site. So glad that they are willing to do that too, since I am not talented enough to create my own designs.

BethG.
BethG. 
Idol
BethG.

• Laura C Said:
  • BethG. Said:
Good morning ladies!

Beth, since you have your Wishblade software loaded on your computer, all you need to do is go to the site, and click on the files section. They should have loads of files you can download free now that you are a member. Also there is an archive site, and I believe there is a link somewhere there to that. It has all the past files that have been available. I have hundreds of GSD files I have downloaded thanks to the generosity of the ladies running that site. So glad that they are willing to do that too, since I am not talented enough to create my own designs.

Thanks Laura:

I think I'll check it out this weekend! I got some gsd files off of the sb.com site but I haven't been able to find time to figure out how to see them in my software.
I'll get it figured out and I'll be a happy camper!

BethG.
BethG. 
Idol
BethG.
In response to wendyjo

• wendyjo Said:
Good Morning Ladies!!!

Today I am moving all of my precious scrapbooking supplies to the new house.
Yesterday, I got the call that the laminant was in, so I rush down there so excited, and it is the wrong color.
So, my dh knowing how disappointed I was, went to the house and hung up all the cupboards. SO sweet!

Anyway, today I will be making a few trips with some of the bulky kitchen appliances that are to ackward to put in a box and the scrapping stuff.

As far as the Pazzels go, I don't think I am getting an industrial size one.

http://crafts-sewing.hsn.com/pazzles-inspiration-c reati...

This a link to the one I have on the way.

Wendy....I'll bet you're going to love it! I can't wait to learn how to use my Wishblade for more than page titles!

MeliMedina
Queen
MeliMedina
In response to BethG.

JCI from work. Feeling much better today, although I have to work conferences tonight AND tomorrow night, so I will be beat by the time I get home.

I hope everyone has a great night!

Helena Philips
Governor
Helena Philips
In response to wendyjo

wendyjo
  • Said:

Yipee at least one of you so far has gotten it before Easter!!!!

Edited by Helena Philips on 03-19-08 12:29 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Helena Philips
Governor
Helena Philips

Hello all,

Today I received two beautiful cards from Kell and Debbieann, thanks ladies they are fab!!!!

XXXX

Kellmorris
Governor
Kellmorris

Glad you got my card Helena.

Beth how cool we have the same birthday!!

wendyjo
Diva
wendyjo

Hi ladies...The supplies have made it to their new home.

How is your day going?

Gemini Twins
Diva
Gemini Twins
In response to wendyjo

Wendy, so glad that your SB supplies have arrived. I am not going to ask if anything is put away.

Bev, I got your beautiful card. It was so nice to find it here waiting for me.

Helena, I got your wonderful card also. I loved the way you did it. I sat there for awhile figuring it out.

Beth, I know what you mean about the HPs. They are great. My past three were HPs. I ordered the Advanced Photo Paper to try it. They are supposed to be faster drying. 200 4x6 sheets for $12, now thats a deal. Have fun at the rodeo! I have a cousin in Houston. He is a children's orthodonist.

Melissa, hope you feel better soon.

Wendy, you got a Pazzles? Wow, you will need to let us know all about it. I have a Circut and a Big Shot.

Well I applied for the Community Service Officer job today. It was a pre-ap and then I have to pass the civil service test on the first to go further. That took about an hour.

To release the fustration from waiting to get the pre-ap, I went to AC Moore. I found a Sizzix die that I wanted and a pack of Bazzill green cs on sale. Then I had a 40% off coupon. Then I spent $60 on the dogs plus picked them up 2 Krystal burgers as a treat. My dogs are so spoiled. lol

Sherrise
Mayor
Sherrise

Oh girls, I just cannot keep up with you!!

Just hopping in to say thanks for all of your prayers! My son's surgery went fine, and he ended up making me mad that night by not following ANY directions. BUT he's young and resiliant, and seems to be doing fine. He's over at a friend's house, so he must not be in too much pain. He said his cheeks are a bit swollen and getting bruised, but that's to be expected. Sigh. Kids!

Sad story about my cards. I gave them to hubby this morning with a note that they would probably need xtra postage. I asked him about the ones that were headed to England after work and he said "There were one's to England in there?" !!!
He just put stamps on them all and plopped them into the SLOT! WITH Regular postage. AND didn't add my return address, which I had expected him to do. SO.. I don't know if you'll be getting them at all. IF there's postage due when they get to you.. IF they get to you, please let me know, and I'll paypal you. I am SO sorry. I should've been much more specific for him, I was in too much of a hurry this morning.

scrapperbee
Deity
scrapperbee
In response to Sherrise

Helena, got your card today! Sherrise, I fully understand. DH has to be given totally specific instructions--oh, how many times I have been reminded of that!

Sherrise
Mayor
Sherrise

Phew, glad to know I'm not the only one!!

Oh, and you'll all be proud of me, I stamped on nearly all of my cards to you guys!! I'm practicing!!

Sherrise
Mayor
Sherrise
In response to Sherrise

Oh, and I've picked the layout I want to lift from Laura.. now to get down and do it!!

Helena Philips
Governor
Helena Philips
In response to Sherrise

Popping on very quickly to say thanks to Bev, Wendy and Beth for the wonderful Easter Cards, they came this morning!

Will pop back on later to catch up with comments!!!!

XXXX

BethG.
BethG. 
Idol
BethG.
In response to Sherrise

• Sherrise Said:
Oh girls, I just cannot keep up with you!!

Just hopping in to say thanks for all of your prayers! My son's surgery went fine, and he ended up making me mad that night by not following ANY directions. BUT he's young and resiliant, and seems to be doing fine. He's over at a friend's house, so he must not be in too much pain. He said his cheeks are a bit swollen and getting bruised, but that's to be expected. Sigh. Kids!

Sad story about my cards. I gave them to hubby this morning with a note that they would probably need xtra postage. I asked him about the ones that were headed to England after work and he said "There were one's to England in there?" !!!
He just put stamps on them all and plopped them into the SLOT! WITH Regular postage. AND didn't add my return address, which I had expected him to do. SO.. I don't know if you'll be getting them at all. IF there's postage due when they get to you.. IF they get to you, please let me know, and I'll paypal you. I am SO sorry. I should've been much more specific for him, I was in too much of a hurry this morning.

Sherrise - please don't worry yourself about the cards. I'm sure they'll arrive in due time and if we have to pay a few cents more for happy mail I'm certainly glad to do it!
Glad your son is feeling better!

BethG.
BethG. 
Idol
BethG.
In response to BethG.

I"m going to try to get some scrapping done this weekend to get cought up on my challenges. I can't believe how little I've done this month!

We received 53 new animals at the rehab center yesterday! Among them are 5 new little baby cotten tail rabbits! They're so adorable - only about 3 inches long!
We also have one more screech owl and three great horned owls! The horned owls are huge and have an appetite to go with their size! They eat mice whole - in about 2 gulps! The little one couldn't quite fit the last mouse I fed it into it's tummy and stood there with a tail hanging out of its mouth for about 20 minutes! Too cute!
I didn't have my camera with me last night but I'm going in to take more pics tomorrow and I'll send another link.

Laura - I'm going to do a 12 x 12 album for the center.

BethG.
BethG. 
Idol
BethG.
In response to wendyjo

• wendyjo Said:
Hi ladies...The supplies have made it to their new home.

How is your day going?

Yee Haw! That's the worst part of the move! The craft room! I think I had more boxes out of my craft room than I did the kitchen!

scrapperbee
Deity
scrapperbee
In response to BethG.

Tada! Have sent the birthdays and addy's to everyone--at least I thought I did. But my pm says 11 participants, and there are 12 of us. So if you didn't get the pm, please pm me.

This should be a wonderful way to help everyone have a happy birthday.

wendyjo
Diva
wendyjo

Hi Ladies...Just popping in real quick to say hi!! Life is about to get crazy for a few days, but I think I will be able to pop in, in the mornings a little bit.

I'm thinking about you all...

Have a great evening!!

scrapperbee
Deity
scrapperbee
In response to wendyjo

Been scrapping multi-pic lo's with lots of pics for the March Madness challenge--45 pics. I'm getting lots of church lo's, done, but there's not much to them except pics, so I'm not posting them here. Hope to get this challenge completed tomorrow night--a friend is coming over to crop. Then I'll get back to my normal scrapping.

Also have to start thinking about birthday cards!

And a stamping lo.

Happy Friday, and hope everyone has a great weekend.

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories

Hi everyone!!

Thanks Bev for getting that birthday list together. I hope to work on a few cards this weekend. I gave up my retreat that was scheduled for next weekend, but I am going to a crop tonight at a lss. So excited! I hope I get lots of pages finished. I also plan to work on my recipe cards for Nicole's swap.

I have had some aches and pains the last few days, and just haven't felt very good. I think I am just getting old. I have sharp pain in my lower left side about once every month to month and a half. Sometimes it happens just prior to my period starting, and other times, it just hits me out of the blue. Ibuprofen just dulls it, but it is usually gone in a day or two. I think I am finally getting some relief though. I hate going to the doctor, but I may have to go if it happens again.

Not much going on with me this week except for work. Hope to have something to post on Saturday. TTFN!!

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories

Hi Nicole!! I just noticed your new avatar. Love it!

MeliMedina
Queen
MeliMedina

JCI!

OK. I will admit. The US cards got mailed but the England ones are sitting in my purse right now. I will take them to the P.O. after work. I just have not had time because of all of the extra stuff at work!!! I only got to see my kids for a half hour total between Wednesday and Thursday!

Thank goodness spring break is only two weeks away!

scrapperbee
Deity
scrapperbee

Just wanted to share this--my church lo's are usually so utilitarian, but I really enjoyed making this one--lots of coluzzle circles and ovals, plus hand cut the pp.

Valentine's 2008

Croppin Momma
Pro
Croppin Momma

Hey Guys! Is everyone excited for the weekend and Easter if you celebrate? I am so excited to see my son find his Easter basket and eggs. My daughter’s still too young, but I got her a little basket anyway. It has a cute little backpack in it I can put some of her toys in to take to Grandma’s.

Wendy – Sorry about your laminate, but that’s nice of your hubby to put up the cupboards for you.
Debbieann – How do you like your HP? We have a Dell All-in-One and I love it to scan and copy.
Helena – Hope your having a good day.
Bev – Got my addy’s.
Linda – Thanks for noticing my avatar, it’s from my friends wedding.
Sherrise – Don’t worry about the cards, I’m sure that we’ll get them eventually.
Beth – Loved all the pictures of the animals. What great work you do!
Melissa – That stinks that you have only seen your kids for half and hour for a couple days. I hate when I work 6 days straight and the only time that I get to see them is at night when they are all cranky.
Kell – I’m doing my masters in Science Administration, General Business basically. It’s exciting, but nerve racking.

Ok, think that I got everyone. Have a great weekend!

scrapperbee
Deity
scrapperbee

Well, this is what I've been working on--March Madness, scrap 45 pics. Ended up with 54.

scrapperbee's March Madness album

Now back to my regular (?) scrapping!

BethG.
BethG. 
Idol
BethG.

• Croppin' Momma Said:
Hey Guys! Is everyone excited for the weekend and Easter if you celebrate? I am so excited to see my son find his Easter basket and eggs. My daughter’s still too young, but I got her a little basket anyway. It has a cute little backpack in it I can put some of her toys in to take to Grandma’s.

Wendy – Sorry about your laminate, but that’s nice of your hubby to put up the cupboards for you.
Debbieann – How do you like your HP? We have a Dell All-in-One and I love it to scan and copy.
Helena – Hope your having a good day.
Bev – Got my addy’s.
Linda – Thanks for noticing my avatar, it’s from my friends wedding.
Sherrise – Don’t worry about the cards, I’m sure that we’ll get them eventually.
Beth – Loved all the pictures of the animals. What great work you do!
Melissa – That stinks that you have only seen your kids for half and hour for a couple days. I hate when I work 6 days straight and the only time that I get to see them is at night when they are all cranky.
Kell – I’m doing my masters in Science Administration, General Business basically. It’s exciting, but nerve racking.

Ok, think that I got everyone. Have a great weekend!

Ladies! Enjoy them while you can, when you can for when they become TEENAGERS, they mutate into alien beings - unless you're very lucky! I whish I had written down more things that happened when they were young so that when they were being typical teenagers I could have reminded myself whey I love them to very much!

Page 6 of 88 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics