Username Post: COF Critique Group #3--Why not join us!        (Topic#1452287)
Gemini Twins
Diva
Gemini Twins
In response to lcmemories

I hate taxes also, Laura. I have to file for extension this year. It's in the mail but I won't owe them any money. lol That is the good part. I just need info from my son.

Gemini Twins
Diva
Gemini Twins
In response to Gemini Twins

Here are my lastest creations.

} the bird
By Gemini Twins

I just did this card and it can be used for anything, like birthdays, shower, friendship, etc.

Moments
By Gemini Twins

Croppin Momma
Pro
Croppin Momma

Hey Everyone. I probably won't be around much this weekend. The whole family is sick...including me. I feel awful. Plus, I have a midterm and a paper due next week. Luckily, the mother in law is coming into town tomorrow, yeah! I'm lucky to have a wonderful mother in law.

BethG.
BethG. 
Idol
BethG.
In response to Croppin Momma

Yes...you are lucky! Hope you all feel better soon!

3jmom
3jmom 
Governor
3jmom
  • 3jmom on 04-11-08 02:05 PM
In response to BethG.

Hello everyone! Trying to get caught up - it's been another busy week and now I've got a sinus infection (which is no fun! lol) I'm hoping to work on the scraplift of Kell & the stamping LO this weekend, but I've also got to do 2 quilt tops for commission by next Friday and I want to get them out of the way first. I've got a good start on the biggest one, so hopefully I'll complete them quickly - I'll try to post a photo of them before I ship them off to my friend.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

scrapperbee
Deity
scrapperbee
In response to 3jmom

Just have a minute, will catch up later. Here's a lo I finished last night--eyelets for Use Your Supplies.

Beauty

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories
In response to scrapperbee

jci quickly!! Love all the new stuff. I am just getting caught up on some of the threads and challenges here. Have a great weekend!

chelseavantol
Expert
chelseavantol
In response to MeliMedina

Hey everyone.... just popping in to say a quick "hello"! I finally got HS internet at home today... but uh oh... I think I am going into labour. On my way to the hospital now.. will check back as soon as I can

Sherrise
Mayor
Sherrise
In response to chelseavantol

Chelsea!! So nice to see you.. for so short a time!!

We'll be praying for you.. bring home a baby!!

scrapperbee
Deity
scrapperbee
In response to Sherrise

Wow, Chelsea! Hope the baby comes soon. JCI for a minute, then going back outside. Beautiful day!

chelseavantol
Expert
chelseavantol

I ended up calling the hospital instead of going... my contractions aren't regular yet so I'm just killing time at home for now. I'm scared of how painful it's going to get because it hurts enough already..

Sherrise
Mayor
Sherrise

Don't be scared, Chelsea! The end result is worth every single twinge!!

It's a beautiful day here too!! I did alot of housecleaning this morning.. felt great to get Emilee's room housecleaned and organized!! Hubby did the grocery shopping, and then I even got some scrapping done. WOW! I'll post my page later.. PLUS I made the two birthday cards that I am woefully late with. Sorry girls.. but they are on the way now, lol.

chelseavantol
Expert
chelseavantol
In response to Sherrise

*tries not to be scared*

Oh btw! I finally got to see a preview of the e-zine that is publishing two of my LO's this month:

http://www.4shared.com/file/42798215/fd7bf62 0/sna_may_j...

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories

Chelsea, I'll be thinking of you, and keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. Congrats on the publication too!! So glad to "see" you around again.

It is pretty here too. Worked outside for most of the day, but managed to finish another simple one. I know everyone is probably tired of these old vacation pages, but I am determined to get this album finished before we go back to WDW in October.
Rounding Up A Few More By Laura C

MeliMedina
Queen
MeliMedina

Just checking in! I'm at an all-day crop right now and hard at work. I'll have a lot to share when I get home.

Good luck with labor, Chelsea! Pretty soon you'll have a beautiful little boy to make oodles of pages about!

chelseavantol
Expert
chelseavantol

Still sitting around here waiting, so I uploaded some stuff to my gallery that I made while I had no net.

PS: thanks everyone for the awesome bday cards!

scrapperbee
Deity
scrapperbee

Worked in the yard today, read on the deck--now trying to finish the book. That's why I don't get as much scrapping done during spring, summer, and fall.

Chelsea, just keep calm and breathe deeply. And, when it's over, it won't seem nearly so bad.

BethG.
BethG. 
Idol
BethG.

OK....no one freak out! I finally got a challenge done. This page has stamping on it! I used a Versamark watermark pad, stamped the swirels and then chalked over them. The sticky ink made the chalk even more vivid! I think I'll use this technique more in the future.

The Princess Club page 1 By BethG.

BethG.
BethG. 
Idol
BethG.
In response to BethG.

Here are some more just to look at.

page 2 of my Princess Club lo
The Princess Club page 2 By BethG.

a couple of pages from our trip to S. Carolina last summer

Great Smokey Mountain Railway 1 By BethG.

Great Smokey Mountain Railway 2 By BethG.

Edited by BethG. on 04-12-08 05:21 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

BethG.
BethG. 
Idol
BethG.

No need to be scared sweetie! Just remember that when it's all done with you'll have someone so wonderful that you'll forget all about the labor...seriously!

congrats and we're all thinking of you!

BethG.
BethG. 
Idol
BethG.
In response to BethG.

Here's my lift from ..... last month. I made it 12 x 12 so I had to change it up just a bit...cute babies huh!

Barn Owlets By BethG.

Here's Laura's

Adore By Laura C

Edited by BethG. on 04-12-08 06:20 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

BethG.
BethG. 
Idol
BethG.
In response to BethG.

JCI and then I'm off for a few days of fishing in Louisiana with my DH! I'll check back in Tuesday!

Hope we have a new baby by then! Good luck Chelsea!

Gemini Twins
Diva
Gemini Twins
In response to BethG.

Here is my entry for the challenge.

} the bird
By Gemini Twins

Gemini Twins
Diva
Gemini Twins
In response to BethG.

Beth, hoped that you got the fish that couldn't get away. lol What new baby????

Gemini Twins
Diva
Gemini Twins
In response to BethG.

Beth, left some love in your gallery. LOvely LOs

Gemini Twins
Diva
Gemini Twins

• chelseavantol Said:
I ended up calling the hospital instead of going... my contractions aren't regular yet so I'm just killing time at home for now. I'm scared of how painful it's going to get because it hurts enough already..

Chelsea, my prayers are with you. Don't be scared. It will all fade away after you see the baby and hold it.

Helena Philips
Governor
Helena Philips

Hello everyone, love all the work you gals have been creating!!!!

OOh Chelsea, you might of had the baby by now, but I can remember being scared too, I think all soon to be mums are, but the minute you hold that little bundle of joy in your arms, everything will be forgotten, look at most of us, we went on to have another, and some kept on going LOL!!!! I will be thinking of you, and can't wait to see the new baby!!!!

xxxxx

Helena Philips
Governor
Helena Philips

• chelseavantol Said:
*tries not to be scared*

Oh btw! I finally got to see a preview of the e-zine that is publishing two of my LO's this month:

http://www.4shared.com/file/42798215/fd7bf62 0/sna_may_j...

I will take a look tomorrow, my computer is sick and DH dosen't like me downloading stuff on to his, congrads on been published!!!

xxxx

scrapperbee
Deity
scrapperbee
In response to Helena Philips

Here's my lift of Kell:

Mine
By Scrapperbee

Kell's

kilimanjaro

Edited by scrapperbee on 04-13-08 05:57 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

scrapperbee
Deity
scrapperbee

Here's another lift, this time of Alevy--was hunting for a 4 pic lo, and this seemed to fit:

Joy, Christmas 2007
By Scrapperbee

Creating
By ALevy

Croppin Momma
Pro
Croppin Momma

Hey Everyone. JCI in real quick before going to bed. Just finished my midterm for my class. This weekend has been awful.

Both kids have ear infection, which I'm pretty sure that I have either a sinus infection or an ear infection and hubby is getting sick too. Been trying to get my midterm done, because it's worth 33% of my grade and I have to get an A or work won't reimburse me.

Plus, I've been trying to get stuff for my new job lined up, so that I'm not rushing when I get there. Anyway, I'm babbling...sorry. Going to bed for now. Hopefully things will slow down soon. Tomorrow I'm off, so I am going to try and catch up on household stuff and then hopefully get back on track. Wish me luck!

Chelsea honey don't be scared! It's all worth it and you won't remember anything but that beautiful baby! Nothing in this world is more worth it. Good luck, can't wait to hear about him!

Sherrise
Mayor
Sherrise

Nicole.. hang in there honey.. it'll get better!! Good luck on the new job, and hope everyone's feeling better.. a LOT better tomorrow!! Including you!!

Chelsea.. I have been looking at the e-zine.. how cool!! Your pages look great!!
Hopefully you're off having that baby.. I think you must be!!

scrapperbee
Deity
scrapperbee
In response to Sherrise

Nicole, hope this week gets better, everyone gets well.

In fact, hope everyone has a good week! Dh is going out of town for a few days, hope to get back in my scrapping mode.

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories

Nicole!! I hope you and your family are on the mend, and all feel better soon.

I wonder if Chelsea has had her baby yet? Can't wait to see photos! (hint hint Chelsea)

Not much going on here except for work. I finished a 2 page soccer lo yesterday, but I don't know if I'll post it or not. I like it ok, but just not loving it (kwim?).

Hope everyone's week is off to a great start. I'll try to check back again later!

Gemini Twins
Diva
Gemini Twins

Here are some LOs that I finished up. Two are from my trip to Epcot.

The Spirit of America at Epcot
By Gemini Twins

Places of Epcot page 1
By Gemini Twins

Places of Epcot page 2
By Gemini Twins

Hunter Family
By Gemini Twins

Gemini Twins
Diva
Gemini Twins

And last but not least, here is me at the Brevard Zoo. I went there last Sunday with the Digital Photograhy Group.

Me
By Gemini Twins

scrapperbee
Deity
scrapperbee

Will try to catch up tonight. Last night, remember dh is gone, going to scrap? Well, first, the contractor who is going to do some remodeling (asked him to give us a week notice) called, wanting to start today. So started getting ready for that. Then got a call that my mom had fallen, broken her hip. SIL is flying out as dad can't take care of himself. So was on the phone most of the night. Hopefully, today will be better!

BethG.
BethG. 
Idol
BethG.

Sounds like you need some bed rest! Hope your mid-term meets your expectations!

BethG.
BethG. 
Idol
BethG.

• scrapperbee Said:
Will try to catch up tonight. Last night, remember dh is gone, going to scrap? Well, first, the contractor who is going to do some remodeling (asked him to give us a week notice) called, wanting to start today. So started getting ready for that. Then got a call that my mom had fallen, broken her hip. SIL is flying out as dad can't take care of himself. So was on the phone most of the night. Hopefully, today will be better!

OMG! We'll keep your mother in our prayers! At least your contractor is EARLIER than expected....usually they're much later than you want them to be!

Hope you get some great scrap time in. My DH is leaving next week for 3 days. Guess what my plans are!

I went to the Archivers store here in Houston! It's huge! It's also a bit pricier than the SB store I usually go to - and a 45 minute drive from home. Of course....everything in Houston is a 45 minute drive!

MeliMedina
Queen
MeliMedina
In response to BethG.

JCI. All caught up on layouts. Still haven't had time to get my layouts up. And then I did something to my back last night. I'm having a hard time getting around.

Bev: I'll keep your Mom in my prayers! How terrible! I hope you're able to get some time to relax and scrap!

scrapperbee
Deity
scrapperbee

My Mom will be having surgery tonight. I've about caught up on my threads, hope to take a nap and then scrap. Thanks for all the encouragement and prayers.

chelseavantol
Expert
chelseavantol

Hey ladies!! I would like to introduce my little man.. this is Jude Matthew Ling - born April 13th at 2:36pm weighing 7lbs .05 oz. (sorry the photos are kinda big)

Cutest little man

Me + Jude, me very drugged and looking pretty rough lol

Getting burps from Daddy

Yup, he managed to get my red hair, lol.

I ended up having a total of 36 hours of labour... including that time I was online posting stuff lol.. I went to the hospital that night and by the next morning I was 6cm and ready to get an epidural (which was amazing btw! haha). We had so many people in the waiting room, it was kindof ridiculous. He has so many people that love him.. my MIL is throwing a baby shower and they had to rent a community hall because there are so many people coming!

He is a very calm baby.. he only cries when we remove his clothing or change his diaper. He is really interested in his sirroundings and takes everything in. He's got big feet and hands so we think he will probably be tall like his daddy.

I am doing good, not tired (yet) but I am sore and have some stitches. Unfortunately our house is somewhat of a diaster since the little guy came a week early and all of our furniture and boxes just arrived last Tuesday but we have a lot of help so that should be remedied soon. I hope to get ACU w/ the LO's here soon..

Edited by chelseavantol on 04-15-08 06:06 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Sherrise
Mayor
Sherrise

Chelsea!! That is soooo amazingly awesome!! Welcome to the world, little Jude, love that name!! He is just tooo adorable!! great job, mommy, bringing him into the world.. ok, you too, Daddy!

Congratulations to you both!!!

scrapperbee
Deity
scrapperbee
In response to Sherrise

Wow, thanks for sharing those fabulous pics, Chelsea. And, congratulations for a job well done. Just take your time with getting settled, and focus on that little boy--they grow up so fast.

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories

Oh Bev, so sorry to hear about your mom. I'll keep her and your family in my prayers. Take care of yourself girlie. Sounds like you had a stressful day yesterday.

Melissa, back problems are the worst! I hope it isn't too serious, and that you are feeling better soon. I swear by those thermal adhesive backed heat thingies you can place on your back and/or neck. Take care of yourself too, and try to heal.

Chelsea, your baby is precious!! Congratulations!! I am so happy for you! Thanks so much for sharing your photos, and letting us know how you are doing. I suspect he will soon become the focus of most of your scrapbook pages!

Beth, how was the fishing trip? Did you catch anything? My family used to go to Toledo Bend in Louisiana, and stay in cabins there. I haven't been in years though. Sounds like you have fun planned while the hubby is away too. I have always wanted to go to an Archivers, but there are none here. Sounds like scrapbooking heaven.

Busy here, so I haven't had much computer time. Take care, and I'll check in again when I can.

Croppin Momma
Pro
Croppin Momma

Chelsea...CONGRATS on the cute little darling! Love the pictures. Make sure you rest!

MeliMedina
Queen
MeliMedina

Yay! Congratulations, Chelsea! Enjoy every little minute of that guy. Sleep whenever you get the chance! Pretty soon you'll be wishing you had slept more when [insert time here].

He's gorgeous!

scrapperbee
Deity
scrapperbee

Finally got a lo done!

Christmas 1974

Gemini Twins
Diva
Gemini Twins

Chelsea, Jude Matthew is beautiful. Congrats to you and DH. Isn't it great that they are loved even before they are born?

I know that Jude will have everything that any baby will want and then some!!!! lol

Gemini Twins
Diva
Gemini Twins

• scrapperbee Said:
Finally got a lo done!

Christmas 1974

A precious LO. Great Job!!!!

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories

Jci quickly. It is Thursday, so the weekend is almost here!

3jmom
3jmom 
Governor
3jmom
  • 3jmom on 04-17-08 02:57 PM

Congratulations Chelsea!!!! Jude is absolutely adorable - hopefully you'll share lots and lots of photos with us as he grows!!!! so sweet!!!

Bev - I hope your Mom's surgery went well!

I have been MIA for so long I don't know if I'll ever get caught up. Here are a couple of photos to show what I've been doing THIS week (actually finished both of these in 2 1/2 days... whew!)

Quilt #1

Quilt #2

chelseavantol
Expert
chelseavantol
In response to 3jmom

Thanks everyone for the well wishes Hopefully I can do a LO featuring him soon

BethG.
BethG. 
Idol
BethG.

Chelsea! Many congrats on the new addition! Babies are so precious!

Laura - the fishing trip didn't get to happen....we went, we slept, we ate....and the wind blew all the water out of the lake and back into the Gulf! Just puddles left..it sucked!!!!!!!!! We'll reschedule for some time in June when it's less windy...On the upside my dh gave me my anniversary present a week early...I got an IPhone! It's really cool but I havn't figured out all its tricks yet!

We had a baby owl die at the center last night. I tried to feed him, he wouldn't eat and by the time someone got to him to tube feed him he'd passed away! It's hard enough to see an opossum die but a cute little screech owl was really hard. I know...the cycle of life but GEEZE, not fun!

We're re-doing the closet in my craft room this weekend...last step before I can call it a completed project. I still plan to scrap in between coats of paint and shelf hanging tho! I'll get some pages posted this weekend if it kills me!

Have a great day ladies!

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories
In response to BethG.

Hello!

Beth, so sorry to hear about your baby owl. That would have broken my heart. At least he had a bit of a chance at your center, so try to think about all those animals you are able to save. It is too bad about the fishing trip, but hey, an IPhone is COOL! I think I'd have preferred the IPhone.

Hi Chelsea!! How is Jude? I hope you and yours are doing great!!

Has anyone seen Kell (a/k/a Jackie) around? I miss you sweetie!!

Bev, it won't be long and at least you'll be off for the summer. When will your summer break start?

Diana, I LOVE your quilts. My mom belongs to a quilting guild in Hattiesburg, and she has been trying to get me to start some quilting projects. However, I am not much of a seamstress, and then my free time is so limited. It all looks so complicated.

Hi Debbie and Sherrise!! I hope everything is going great for both of you too!

Sherrise, have you started your classes yet, or will that be this fall? I know you can't wait.

Debbie, how goes the job hunt?

Melissa, has your back pain eased up some? I hope you are feeling better.

Nicole, how are you liking your new job?

Well, not much going on here. I am obsessing so much about trying to finish my vacation album, that I haven't worked on much else. I don't know if any of you visit page maps or pencil lines, but both sites have terrific sketches. I think I'll be trying to get some inspiration this weekend so that maybe I can get some 2008 pages finished. TTFN!

MeliMedina
Queen
MeliMedina

Yeah, things are going well. Thanks for asking! I went to the chiropractor a couple of times and now everything is feeling much better. Thank goodness for my new insurance. I have a much better copay since I get it through the district.

Anybody have anything planned this weekend? I'm trying not to! LOL!

Helena Philips
Governor
Helena Philips

Hello Ladies,

Congrads Chelsea, he is adorable, worth it all????

Can't wait to see the layouts!

Melissa I hope you are feeling better!

Kellmorris has a few vistors staying with her, I think they are leaving sometime during the weekend, so I am sure she will be back to give you all a full report

Just wanted to share my latest layout!

Hold hands with the moonlight
By Helena Philips

TFL
xxxx

scrapperbee
Deity
scrapperbee

This was a long, hectic week. But things are settling down, hopefully, at least for the time being. Hope to get some scrapping done tomorrow--too tired tonight.

Laura, thanks for catching us up on everyone.

scrapperbee
Deity
scrapperbee

Goodness, everyone must be having a busy weekend--hope it's a good busy.

Finally got a lo done: it's for JBonner's 52 Sketch Challenge, only I'm behind.

So Happy

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories

BethG.
BethG. 
Idol
BethG.

Heres my lift of Kell's gallery. Not exact but pretty close. Another lo for the wildlife center scrapbook. This is the first page of a two-page lo

Here's mine

Regal Raptors - page 1 By BethG.

Here's Kell's

Green fingers By Kellmorris

scrapperbee
Deity
scrapperbee
In response to BethG.

Beth, that lo is stunningly beautiful--I love it!

Gemini Twins
Diva
Gemini Twins
In response to BethG.

Beth, you did a great job lifting. Left you love in your gallery. I got caught up in your gallery.

Gemini Twins
Diva
Gemini Twins
In response to BethG.

This is my lift of Kell's. I forgot to say that it was a lift when I posted it. Sorry.

} the bird
By Gemini Twins

BethG.
BethG. 
Idol
BethG.

• Gemini Twins Said:
This is my lift of Kell's. I forgot to say that it was a lift when I posted it. Sorry.

} the bird
By Gemini Twins

Love your lift too! That flower grabs my attention every time I see it!

BethG.
BethG. 
Idol
BethG.
In response to BethG.

One to share. Used more stamping. I found this ugly paper and wondered if I could make it look pretty. Not a great scan so it looks off-centered but it didn't turn out too bad! Now for the real wildflower lo!

Texas Bluebonnets By BethG.

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories
In response to BethG.

Beth, I love the stamping you did here. Gorgeous page!!

Croppin Momma
Pro
Croppin Momma

JCI real quick. I won't be around much this week. Hubby's out of town, so not much time to do anything but play with the kids.

MeliMedina
Queen
MeliMedina

I'm so excited! My hubby gave me one of my Mother's Day presents a little early. It's a Canon portable printer. I get to take it to a 24-hour crop where I will be able to print up to 108 4x6 photos without having to leave.

The new pages are fabulous!

I still have to post mine from the crop last weekend! Geeze!

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories

Hi Nicole and Melissa!

Nicole, I know what you mean about how it is when the hubby is away. My dh travels quite a bit, and I don't have any spare time when he does. Hang in there, and try not to work too hard.

Melissa, congrats on your new printer! Sounds perfect for the 24 hour crop you are going to attend. Can't wait to see your pages.

I haven't done anything this weekend. I may try to finish something tomorrow. Have a great week everyone!

Sherrise
Mayor
Sherrise

Hi Ladies! Hope you all had a nice weekend. I didn't get any scrapping done, but I did get to alter some Wall pocket thingies for my scraproom. I'll take pics after I get them hung.. I think they turned out pretty cute, if I must say so myself!
Melissa.. that's a great gift! Go hubby!! Very thoughtful!!

Hi Chelsea, and Jude! Hope Motherhood is finding you very happy, and getting enough rest!!

scrapperbee
Deity
scrapperbee
In response to Sherrise

Wow! A new printer. My printer/scanner is wearing out. It has started scanning everything crooked--makes it hard to line up for stitching. On well.

Finally got one lo finished tonight. It's a lift--
have had this lo in my faves for a while and finally found the perfect pic for it:

Memories
By Scrapperbee

SeaWorld
By CatScrapsHere

Edited by scrapperbee on 04-20-08 06:42 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

BethG.
BethG. 
Idol
BethG.

• MelissaW Said:
I'm so excited! My hubby gave me one of my Mother's Day presents a little early. It's a Canon portable printer. I get to take it to a 24-hour crop where I will be able to print up to 108 4x6 photos without having to leave.

The new pages are fabulous!

I still have to post mine from the crop last weekend! Geeze!

That is an awesome Mom's Day gift! Have fun with it. Can't wait to see your los posted!

BethG.
BethG. 
Idol
BethG.

• Laura C Said:
Hi Nicole and Melissa!

Nicole, I know what you mean about how it is when the hubby is away. My dh travels quite a bit, and I don't have any spare time when he does. Hang in there, and try not to work too hard.

Melissa, congrats on your new printer! Sounds perfect for the 24 hour crop you are going to attend. Can't wait to see your pages.

I haven't done anything this weekend. I may try to finish something tomorrow. Have a great week everyone!

And that's why we were ment to have children when we were.... well .... young. I don't know how women who have kids later in life do it. I know I wouldn't have the energy any longer!

BethG.
BethG. 
Idol
BethG.
In response to BethG.

Here's the card I made for my DH...our 1st anniversary is tomorrow! The scan is terrible...it's a 3D card and I couldn't get a great scan. I found this neat glue stamp pad, stamped the heard and dumped lots of glitter on it! It's really pretty IRL.

1st Anniversary card By BethG.

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories
In response to BethG.

Here is a lo I created for BethG's album at the rescue center:

Until One Has Loved By Laura C

BethG.
BethG. 
Idol
BethG.

• Laura C Said:
Here is a lo I created for BethG's album at the rescue center:

Until One Has Loved By Laura C

Laura:

I just love this! I can't thank you enough for doing this for us!

Have a great day ladies!

scrapperbee
Deity
scrapperbee
In response to BethG.

I'm working at lifting lo's in my fave gallery so I can make it smaller. Really pleased how this one turned out.

One of a Kind
By Scrapperbee

Her lo does not allow public embedding, but here's the IRL

Noelfab's lo

Also, Beth, I'd love to do a lo for you. Please just let me know what all I have to do.

Edited by scrapperbee on 04-21-08 04:37 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

MeliMedina
Queen
MeliMedina

Wow! All kinds of new stuff posted. I'll be sure to get to that tomorrow. For now, I just thought I'd FINALLY post the layouts I did on the 12th. =P

5th grade
By MelissaW

Football
By MelissaW

1950 All SW Michigan Team
By MelissaW

scrapperbee
Deity
scrapperbee

Wonderful lo's, Melissa. I have one almost finished--will hopefully post it tomorrow night.

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories

I suspect that everyone knows this already, but I thought I would pass on a tip. I mark all the threads and challenges that I check daily as favorites, and I only recently realized that I can access my favorites as well as my gallery images from the top bar. For example, if you put your cursor at forums (at the very top with the house and sun icon) it will give you a list of forums, and also include a link to your favorites list. Same thing with the gallery. Just waive your cursor over that, and it will give you a list of places to go within the gallery.

Helena Philips
Governor
Helena Philips

ACU!!!

I have a favour to ask, could I please have all the names of the ladies who are in the birthday card list, as I think I have deleted mine by accident, I am sorry if again I have missed someone!!!

xxxx

Helena Philips
Governor
Helena Philips

Just noticed as I was leaving some little love on galleries, are we to do a digi layout for BethG?

xxxx

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories

Helena, I just did a digi for Beth because it would be quicker and easier for me to get that to her. I am certain she would appreciate any kind of lo that is done for the center.

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories

• Helena Philips Said:
ACU!!!

I have a favour to ask, could I please have all the names of the ladies who are in the birthday card list, as I think I have deleted mine by accident, I am sorry if again I have missed someone!!!

xxxx

I am sending it to you now Helena!!

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories

chirp . . . chirp . . . thought I might sing along with the crickets!

Sherrise
Mayor
Sherrise

LoL.. Laura.. You're not alone! I'll chirp with ya!!

Hi Babes.. how are you all tonight??

scrapperbee
Deity
scrapperbee
In response to Sherrise

Had a meeting at school tonight. Tomorrow is a LONG day, Thursday have to paint, have a banquet Friday night, Saturday have three things . . . But I did finish my lo tonight!

Thanks for sending the list to Helena, Laura.

Gift

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories

hi ya Sherrise!! Thanks for chirping back.

Bev,sounds like you have a busy few days ahead of you. Love your latest pages!!

Well, I am calling it a night. Hope everyone is having a great week!

Gemini Twins
Diva
Gemini Twins

Finally got pics taken of these LOs of the Brevard Zoo trip and a hostess gift idea.

Brevard Zoo Page 1
By Gemini Twins

Brevard Zoo Page 2
By Gemini Twins

Post-It Desk Holder
By Gemini Twins

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories

Here is a layout I finished last night:

It Is A Jungle Out There By Laura C

BethG.
BethG. 
Idol
BethG.

• Laura C Said:
I suspect that everyone knows this already, but I thought I would pass on a tip. I mark all the threads and challenges that I check daily as favorites, and I only recently realized that I can access my favorites as well as my gallery images from the top bar. For example, if you put your cursor at forums (at the very top with the house and sun icon) it will give you a list of forums, and also include a link to your favorites list. Same thing with the gallery. Just waive your cursor over that, and it will give you a list of places to go within the gallery.

Well...I didn't know it and thanks for the tip! The fewer key strokes the better!

BethG.
BethG. 
Idol
BethG.

• Helena Philips Said:
Just noticed as I was leaving some little love on galleries, are we to do a digi layout for BethG?

xxxx

Laura's right! If you would like to do a page for the Center that would be fantastic...it's certainly not a requirement though! I think it would be fun to have something from the other side of the pond! I actually went to Ashford Castle in Ireland several years ago and got to handle some of the raptors they have there! Beautiful creatures!

BethG.
BethG. 
Idol
BethG.

• Gemini Twins Said:
Finally got pics taken of these LOs of the Brevard Zoo trip and a hostess gift idea.

Brevard Zoo Page 1
By Gemini Twins

Brevard Zoo Page 2
By Gemini Twins

Post-It Desk Holder
By Gemini Twins

Love the zoo los! Hopefully my DH is going to take me to the Houston Zoo this Sunday!

MeliMedina
Queen
MeliMedina
In response to BethG.

All caught up. You girls really do some fabulous work!

Life has been so crazy the past week or so. Newsletters due on Writing.Com. (I have 2 in one week to write - it's INSANE!!! I also volunteered to pick up an open slot for another this week.) Work. Other events. I just wish that I could have no plans so I could have time to be on my computer! lol

scrapperbee
Deity
scrapperbee

jci--hopefully will have time to catch up this weekend. My computer is in an island of furniture and drop clothes, and my scrapping materials are unavailable--but this too shall pass.

BethG.
BethG. 
Idol
BethG.

Good morning ladies! Chuckle for the day!
I went to the wildlife center to feed birds last night (we have over 100 right now) and the full-timers were chucking and rolling their eyes (kind of)over one of the aquariums we keep animals in. Someone had found a bullfrog on the side of the road and took it to a local vet. The vet was apparently so excited to see the bullfrog that she put a pin in it's leg! She's going to write a paper on it! Apparently there's not much opportunity to operate on bullfrog legs.

I know we are custodians for all living things and I'm certainly glad the bullfrog will live to hop again but the excitement on the Vet's part seems a bit funny! She even came back to visit the frog last night! I'm sure that without Vets like this one there would be many fewer veterinary techniques to use to save our beloved animals.

I just thought it was worth a bit of a chuckle (as did most of the volunteers and staffers at the center)

Have a good day!

Beth

lcmemories
Angel
lcmemories
In response to BethG.

LOL! It sounds like that veterinarian was in heaven. I have to admit that I probably never would have thought of getting excited over a bullfrog, but I am so glad you have someone who is so dedicated.

100 birds sounds like a huge number of birds. Thank goodness your center is there to help them.

Not much going on with me. I'll try to check by later.

Helena Philips
Governor
Helena Philips
In response to BethG.

• BethG. Said:
  • Helena Philips Said:

xxxx

Laura's right! If you would like to do a page for the Center that would be fantastic...it's certainly not a requirement though! I think it would be fun to have something from the other side of the pond! I actually went to Ashford Castle in Ireland several years ago and got to handle some of the raptors they have there! Beautiful creatures!

Where do I get the photos from, do you send them to me? I would love to do one!

xxx

Helena Philips
Governor
Helena Philips
In response to BethG.

• BethG. Said:
  • Laura C Said:

Well...I didn't know it and thanks for the tip! The fewer key strokes the better!

Another one that I picked up along the way!

If you go into your My Place on the tool bar, go into my forum stuff, into My forum posts, it gives you a list of all the posts that you have made in the threads, when you click on one, it jumps you straight to the last post you made, this is the one I use all the time. Also if you can right click and open the post in a new window/tab, that way the forum post page always stays open. I usually have about 6 windows open at once, it really speeds up commenting, if you right click on the link and open in a new window/tab, that way you are not going back and forward all the time!!!

xxxx

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics