Page 1 of 30 
Username Post: PaperCuts ____ ____ ! (full and active)        (Topic#1453229)
TableScraps
Mayor
TableScraps

PLEASE JUMP IN! I'd love to make some new friends on here, current friends you are so welcome too! lol. I hope that you will join me! I'd like this group to be easy going(but please actually critique!). I'd like there to be challenges, etc(whatever we all think of!).
I'd like your help also in coming up with a name, i figure it's not just my group right??
I'm wondering about Paper Cuts Critique though?

Anywho, i will change the next couple posts to reflect what is currently going on in our group, who's participating, etc.

Thanks! and Happy Scrapping!

***If you have ANY questions/concerns/etc please don't hesitate to PM me!!***

Edited by yoginiscraps on 02-24-08 11:14 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

TableScraps
Mayor
TableScraps
In response to TableScraps

OUR MEMBERS:

01 yoginiscraps---Christy
02 cpowife---Stacey
03 pookascrayon--Deanne
04 saucier131--Shawna
05 thewindwalker--Beth
06 *jesse*---jesse
07 byondbzar--rebecca
08 chattycat--cathy Cathy's Blog!
09 kit-cat---kathie
10 annsworld--ann Ann's Scrap Blog
11 keliglover--keli
12 rubysmom---audrey
13 lovestoscrap3000---jessic a
14 janet28rn---janet
15 scrappysan---sandra

HOW TO EMBED AN IMAGE:
*click the link/embed button under the picture of your LO.
*select "IMG Code"
*click the code address under "Copy and Paste the Embed code" You only need to click it,not highlight and copy.
*it will say "Copied to clipboard" in red
*now go to whatever thread or pm you want to post to,and just right click and paste. A big paragraph will show up,that's the image code.
*then just submit your post.

Edited by yoginiscraps on 02-24-08 11:12 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

TableScraps
Mayor
TableScraps

Current Challenge:

Lets give ourselves a NAME!!!! Any thoughts??

1) Paper Cuts
2) Crafty Cropping Critics
3) Crafty Critiquing Cuties
4) Passion for Scrappin'

etc etc etc

Edited by yoginiscraps on 02-21-08 10:01 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

cpowife
Mayor
cpowife

I'm in. I am not very good at challenges though. Hope that's ok?

TableScraps
Mayor
TableScraps
In response to cpowife

YAY!!! A member!!!!

It's totally fine that you think you are not good at challenges...I'm just talking about doing something that you might not normally do...like putting a doodle on your layout, or whipping out the sewing machine, or using a stapler...whatever!
There are no RULES here, just a learning experience I hope! We're going to be here to help and encourage one another! Glad to have you!

cpowife
Mayor
cpowife

Sounds fun!

Diva
In response to cpowife

No rules ... now there's a shiny point I can handle.

How about folks like me that don't scrapbook, but do a ton of other paper crafts and such?

Saucier131
Diva
Saucier131
In response to cpowife

I'm in! I would love some constructive criticism on my layouts and am more than willing to give my own suggestions to those who wish to hear. I was just saying the other day how I wish there was more critiquing and less "Cute!" on every layout submitted. Constructive criticism is a positive way to grow and and advance. Fill me in on the ins-and-outs of how you want to proceed with this group, and in the meantime I will brainstorm some name suggestions! (And thanks for playing my Flaunt your Funk Challenge!) Have a great day!

TableScraps
Mayor
TableScraps
In response to Saucier131

Hey wow!! 2 more new friends! awesome!
Ok, so we'll get a few more takers and we'll start figuring it all out!
I really want to include EVERYONE here! If you have something on your mind, ASK it or say it!, if you have a challenge idea then jump in and challenge us!

Welcome!!!!

Diva

Having folks I can turn to and say "HELP, this isn't working, and I can't figure out why!" will be awesome. Sometimes my brain just totally blocks up, and I either give up, or settle for something that doesn't make me happy.

I'm rather fond of the Paper Cuts idea.

My Creative Shenanigans
Idol
My Creative Shenanigans
In response to PookasCrayon

Ii in and ready for the current challenge How about the "Crafty Cropping Critics?"

*jesse*
Idol
*jesse*

Sent you a PM!

byondbzr
Queen
byondbzr
In response to My Creative Shenanigans

I'm in,thanks for the invite!
Now for some names,I like the ones mentioned so far. Here are a few more:
"Crafty Critiquing Cuties"(LOL!!)
"Passion for Scrappin' critique group"

My Creative Shenanigans
Idol
My Creative Shenanigans
In response to byondbzr

I think I like the "Passion for Scrappin'critique group"

TableScraps
Mayor
TableScraps
In response to My Creative Shenanigans

Alrighty, a HUGE welcome to everyone so far!!! I'm so glad to have you here!! And you are all fresh faces to me!! YIPPEE!!

I believe that I have all you down so far and your ideas listed...
(i just need a name for one of you...(ahem saucier) )

Edited by yoginiscraps on 02-21-08 10:52 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

*jesse*
Idol
*jesse*

"Paper Cuts" cracks me up!

chattycat
Expert
chattycat
In response to *jesse*

I'd like in!
thanks for the invite

I'm also really looking forward to constructive criticism. I havn't participated in any challenges before but I'm willing to give it a shot.

One vote here for Passion for Scrappin'

kit-cat
Diva
kit-cat
In response to chattycat

I am in but please bare with me some times I not understanding all of it.. thanks for the invite

TableScraps
Mayor
TableScraps
In response to kit-cat

Hey Cathy and Kathie! Glad to have you join the group!

Kathie--if there is anything you need help with do NOT hesitate to ask!! We're here to help!

Right now we're just trying to come up with a name for our group! And if anyone uploads anything into their gallery don't forget to share!!

TableScraps
Mayor
TableScraps

I just wanted to share with you a can that i made today... Love Your Life Can!

Feel free to let me know what you think! and be honest, that's what we're here for! (and i'm already aware that the photo is crappy, sorry i was being lazy and used my webcam! lol)

cpowife
Mayor
cpowife

I also like Passion for Scrappin'

cpowife
Mayor
cpowife

Although Paper Cuts is cute too and I did manage to give myself one today while scrapping. lol!

cpowife
Mayor
cpowife

Here's one I did today:

Yellow Roses By Cpowife

AnnsWorld
Veteran
AnnsWorld

Hi, thanks for inviting me... count me in should be fun btw, i'm quite new to the site so i'm not sure if i'm replying to the right message lol...

AnnsWorld
Veteran
AnnsWorld

i think i like "Paper Cuts"... or "Paper Critique"? :smile

chattycat
Expert
chattycat
In response to AnnsWorld

Here's one I uploaded earlier today

together

I also like Paper Cuts just as much as Passion for Scrappin

kit-cat
Diva
kit-cat
In response to chattycat

I up loaded some clip boards and a lo of my dd Ciara

keliloves
Idol
keliloves
In response to chattycat

I would love to join. Thanks for inviting me. I have not posted many layouts yet because my camera is destroying batteries right now. Most of the layouts that I am doing right now are kind of boring because I am just trying to put some "left over" pictures into books so that my family can enjoy looking at pictures that aren't in a box. They tend to be lots of pictures on a page with some patterned paper and little embellishment. I am getting tired of that though so I am sure I will be back to normal soon.

Saucier131
Diva
Saucier131

LOL! Sorry about the lack of name...keeps me mysterious doesn't it? I'm actually a 40-something man who lives in my parents' basement and scraps all day...NOT!!!!

My name is Shawna and I vote for "Passion for Scrappin Critique Group" for a name - paper cuts sounds like it might sting a bit! ouch!

Please visit my Flaunt your Funk challenge post your submission here too for some feedback from the "group!"

Yay! This is gonna be fun!

Edited by Saucier131 on 02-21-08 04:54 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Saucier131
Diva
Saucier131

And where'd my signature line go?? Hmmm? Anyway, I'll work on fixing that and in the meantime, here are my 2 most recent layouts - have at 'em!

Cruisin By Saucier131

Enigmatic By Saucier131

Saucier131
Diva
Saucier131

And where'd my signature line go?? Hmmm? Anyway, I'll work on fixing that and in the meantime, here are my 2 most recent layouts - have at 'em!

Cruisin By Saucier131

Enigmatic By Saucier131

TableScraps
Mayor
TableScraps

WOW! Oh my gosh! I went out tonight(for once! LOL!) and more people joined in and there is stuff to look at etc!!! WooHooo!

Again! Welcome to EVERYONE here!!! and just a note, i think that everyone here I invited for a reason...whether it be that you were new and i saw amazing potential, or that you were just downright amazing and we could learn from you, or that i thought that you seemed really interesting in your profile, etc etc etc...
I really think that we'll make a GREAT group!!!!
So thanks for joining!!!

Now back to updating the first three posts and start critiquing(SP?!)....

Oh, another thing...i think most people are into the passion for scrapping name...but i can't seem to get my tongue around that one comfortably....is there something else we can do with it? like PassionScrappers? or ScrapPassion?....help me out here....thoughts?

Edited by yoginiscraps on 02-21-08 07:37 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

lovestoscrap3000
Idol
lovestoscrap3000

hello christy..you left a comment on my profile and i thought i would come and check this place out.

Diva
In response to lovestoscrap3000

Hrmm, um ... I didn't get an invite, I just wandered in here on my own.

Should I step away and let those invited take my spot?

Saucier131
Diva
Saucier131

So as I was leaving a critique for Stacey, I was wondering if members would prefer we leave a positive comment on their page and put the critiquing here? I suppose it's personal preference and I have no problem with the critiquing going directly onto my page, but am wondering how others feel about it and where they would prefer to receive their constructive criticism? On this forum? Via PM? Or straight to comments? Thoughts on this?

cpowife
Mayor
cpowife

Good morning ladies!

Shawna--Is that a yellow lab? He looks like my dog but mine has a brown nose and green eyes. My dd cracked up when she saw the lo you did cause we can see our dog doing that.

I kind of like scrapPassion.

chattycat
Expert
chattycat
In response to cpowife

Good Morning!
I just have to say this group ROCKS already!! Thank you so much for the "real" comments you left on my LO. This is what I've needed from a CG and been a little afraid to get. I totally saw it with new eyes this morning and I think I may have fixed the problem.
Now, I want everyone's opinion on the new version but how should I do that? Can I edit the original image and upload the new one to that spot without losing my comments?
Or--do I need to upload the new version and just have the same LO twice in my gallery (really don't want to do that)
Or- should I direct you all to my blog and you could just view it there?

(this is that technical stuff I'm not real good at yet)

Shawna raised a good question about where to leave the not so fluffy comments. I think I would get way more out of this if we are able to see everyone's comments on an upload(not just my stuff) I want to see if what I perceive as a problem area on someone's LO is the same as what someone else sees etc. I think I can learn from that as well.

Just my random rambling going on here. I have no problem with any and all comments being left in my gallery. I think it could teach others (not involved in this group) a few things too and I bet people would kinda like it.

But I'm a very real kinda person and I may be way off base here.

Oh, and ScrapPassion works for me

Edited by chattycat on 02-22-08 05:08 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

TableScraps
Mayor
TableScraps
In response to chattycat

POOKA-----NO!!! You are here "for a reason"!! I may not have invited you, but you belong here. You are the unique non-scrapper in our group! You are not allowed to leave!! So there!

GROUP---I, too, wondered about the critiquing in the comment sections too....i have been part of critique groups before and always felt so awkward doing that when everyone else says "NICE!!!" and the such....that's why when i critique i try and stick with the "sandwich" technique...something nice then a critique and then something nice again...

and now i need to go back and see if i missed something....lol....I did!

Cathy---i believe that you can replace a layout pic...i think when you go into edit there is a box for that...i believe that i have done this before...and you won't lose the comments this way...but you might want to go back and add in your description that this is "take 2" so people know that you changed it and don't get confused! LOL!.

Edited by yoginiscraps on 02-22-08 05:49 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

DeeAnn Schell
Resident
DeeAnn Schell

Thank you, but no thanks. I might get my feelings hurt, plus I just do this to preserve my memories in a fun way and if it's not perfect that's okay with me. But thanks anyway!!

Lilgem
Lilgem 
Idol
Lilgem
In response to DeeAnn Schell

Is there room for one more? I didn't get an invite or anything, but would love to join? Don't worry if there's no more room...I'll understand!

*jesse*
Idol
*jesse*
In response to Lilgem

I'm looking at the LO's you've put up here, and I'm finding it kinda hard to come up with critiques!! You've all put up some really great LO's! I have some older LO's in my gallery; hopefully I will have some new ones up soon. I have a couple of projects I want to start working on.

TableScraps
Mayor
TableScraps
In response to *jesse*

Welcome to the crew Audrey!!!!!

And jesse, i am personally challenging you to do scrap something this upcoming week! You can do it!!! And you will feel so much better!!!

Lilgem
Lilgem 
Idol
Lilgem
In response to Lilgem

Hi everyone! I've just been approved to join! yaaayy!! My name is Audrey and I am 23 and live in the chicago-land area. I've recently started scrapping about a year ago and am really looking for some help and inspiration!

I love the name PaperCuts...so cute, but ScrapPassion is good too.

Saucier131
Diva
Saucier131
In response to cpowife

• cpowife Said:
Good morning ladies!

Shawna--Is that a yellow lab? He looks like my dog but mine has a brown nose and green eyes. My dd cracked up when she saw the lo you did cause we can see our dog doing that.

I kind of like scrapPassion.

Yeppers - that's Beau, a yellow lab (though he's almost snow white). He just turned one...our baby! Then we've got Sweet Pea, our old lady. She's a 10 year old Akita. Love, love, LOVE my puppies!

Saucier131
Diva
Saucier131
In response to chattycat

Cathy - I think I would upload the revised page as an "edit" to the one that's currently up and relink it. That's probably the best way to get quick feedback. (I am chuckling to myself right now because I talk like I actually know what I'm talking about...I've only been on this site for about 3 months and really don't have a clue! lol!)

I just want to say I think the response to this group is so awesome and I truly think that we are all going to grow in leaps and bounds from all of the support! Cheers!

Edited by Saucier131 on 02-22-08 07:55 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

lovestoscrap3000
Idol
lovestoscrap3000

hi there yes christy i would like to join..

thanks for comments on my blog on my depressing day..LOL..I totally reogranized my space space and im still not done yet - so im hoping once i am completely organized i can start scrapping again..hopefully be done by today..

Lilgem
Lilgem 
Idol
Lilgem

• lovestoscrap3000 Said:
hi there yes christy i would like to join..

thanks for comments on my blog on my depressing day..LOL..I totally reogranized my space space and im still not done yet - so im hoping once i am completely organized i can start scrapping again..hopefully be done by today..

love your avatar pic...that dog is sooo cute!

chattycat
Expert
chattycat

• Saucier131 Said:
Cathy - I think I would upload the revised page as an "edit" to the one that's currently up and relink it. That's probably the best way to get quick feedback. (I am chuckling to myself right now because I talk like I actually know what I'm talking about...I've only been on this site for about 3 months and really don't have a clue! lol!)

Shawna-too funny!

I was giving it more thought while waiting for 2 hours in an exam room,listening to a screaming child in the room next door,and anxiously anticipating another lovely session in the laser treatment room that knows no mercy and came to the decision that it might be kinda cool to upload it a second time so everyone can see the before and after and I'm not wiping out the original.

How's that for a giant run-on sentence?

Then, I'll just post in this thread again with a new link? and you all can proceed with the bashing. heehee

Edited by chattycat on 02-22-08 09:09 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

AnnsWorld
Veteran
AnnsWorld
In response to Lilgem

Good morning! I set up a new blog last night - mysuperscrap.blogspot.com... i wanted to reveal a story behind the pages that i post here (since putting it on the description portion seemed way too long lol), so check it out... Thanks!

TableScraps
Mayor
TableScraps
In response to AnnsWorld

Ok, sidenote...for those of us who don't have blogs in our sig line i'll put them on the 2nd post by your name....and i'll put other stuff there as i see it...(?)

AnnsWorld
Veteran
AnnsWorld

sounds good... maybe i'll add my blogsite to my sig line as well (didn't think of that lol)... thanks!

*jesse*
Idol
*jesse*
In response to AnnsWorld

Ruh-Roh... a PERSONAL challenge!!

My plan is to go to a LSS this weekend and then I'll be ready for one project (like I don't have enough stuff!). I am also redoing my dog's album (yes, I have an entire album for my dog!) so as soon as I get some photos reprinited I'll be off on that as well.

How long has everyone been scrapping? I originally started when I was in high school (10 years ago!) but then got out of it for several years; I've been doing "modern" sbing for about 2 years now.

AnnsWorld
Veteran
AnnsWorld
In response to *jesse*

I just started october 2007... so about four months... i've never scrapbooked in my life and now i am hooked lol...

byondbzr
Queen
byondbzr
In response to AnnsWorld

Howdy ladies,very happy to be a part of this group!! This is my first CG,so go easy on me...NOT! Seriously,I can take it and I like for people to tell me what they really like/dislike. I have no problem with critiques being left in my comments section!

I'll let you know,though I'm sure you'll discover very quickly,that I am a flower freak and I ink almost everything! I love to play with paint and have NO problem using non acid/lignin free stuff on my pages. I think creativity shouldn't come with rules! Let's just all have fun! Here's a crazy idea I came up with this morning!

Pringles can Pull-Ez
By Byondbzr

chattycat
Expert
chattycat
In response to *jesse*

Ok here's take 2
I sorta meshed some of your ideas and jacked with this thing until I couldn't take it anymore. This paper is killing me slowly. If you havn't already noticed in my gallery I tend to be a little conservative with the pp. This is crazy busy paper. So,
be brutally honest but not too brutal...

together#2

Also, I just decided the edit upload(Shawna's brainchild ) was the way to go.

I'll share my blog with you guys. I don't think I'm real comfortable yet with sticking it in my siggy. It's definitely a work in progress-read not very pretty-and really just rehashes what I upload to this gallery. You just get to read more of my blabberings.

www.monkeydreamz.blogspot.com

(Yes, I'm fully aware there's no z in dreams,the s was already taken)

*jesse*
Idol
*jesse*
In response to chattycat

Am I the only one without a blog??

Lilgem
Lilgem 
Idol
Lilgem
In response to *jesse*

I just write in my blog on my sb.com page...

lovestoscrap3000
Idol
lovestoscrap3000
In response to Lilgem

a question for you ladies..how do you post pictures in your actual post..i only know how to do links..
-jess

byondbzr
Queen
byondbzr

• lovestoscrap3000 Said:
a question for you ladies..how do you post pictures in your actual post..i only know how to do links..
-jess

In order to embed an image:
*click the link/embed button under the picture of your LO.
*select "IMG Code"
*click the code address under "Copy and Paste the Embed code" You only need to click it,not highlight and copy.
*it will say "Copied to clipboard" in red
*now go to whatever thread or pm you want to post to,and just right click and paste. A big paragraph will show up,that's the image code.
*then just submit your post.

lovestoscrap3000
Idol
lovestoscrap3000
In response to byondbzr

Mom and I Layout
By Lovestoscrap3000

im trying to see if i can embedd an image..i think it worked - thanks for the instructions rebecca! this is my newest LO for my wedding album. It is of me and my mom..

Diva

Shiny, I've learned something already! I had no idea how to embed images here, lol!

Welp, if you're sure having a Weird Crafter like me in the group is okay, okay.

I've got a project I need to get to work on, but I -hurt- today and don't feel like sitting at the table. I may just pack up my goodies and bring them to work in bed.

I've got a sheet of plain grungeboard, and I want to do an accordian album for ATC display. I picked up the individual sleeves yesterday to attach to pages, so the cards can be removed. Now I just need to cut the paper and make the cover.

I'm wondering if I shouldn't use the red Tacky Tape for attaching the page sections for the accordian fold, because of the potential weight of the pieces. Suggestions, ladies?

janet28rn
Queen
janet28rn

Christy: I just joined my first critique group (after almost two years here... wow) but am LOVING it thus far and would love to join your group too!

Paper Cuts is my favorite name thus far... just my two cents.

I'll be back later or tomorrow to introduce myself and catch up on posts!

Saucier131
Diva
Saucier131

So I am sitting here (pause for full effect)...with my HUBBY and we are working on a page together. Just had to share that. He is currently sitting in front of my Cricut with a serious look of determination on his face cutting out letters...all I had to do to lure him in was entice him with a football layout! LOL! (He'd SO kill me if he knew I was even exposing his crafty side! LOL!)

Saucier131
Diva
Saucier131
In response to *jesse*

• *jesse* Said:
Ruh-Roh... a PERSONAL challenge!!

How long has everyone been scrapping? I originally started when I was in high school (10 years ago!) but then got out of it for several years; I've been doing "modern" sbing for about 2 years now.

First...Jesse has inspired a CHALLENGE! I propose that we each do a page that includes and old picture of ourselves with a theme of what we we would say if we could give words of wisdom to "that girl back then!" What does everyone think about that?

Also, so as not to post 3 in a row...I will throw in here a little of my history. Been scrapping for a little less than 2 years. 29 years old and never thought I had a creative bone in my body and then one day I got sick of looking at all of my boxes of pictures in my closet and ding dong! The light went on and my scrapping obsession was born. Started out really slow...I look back at some of my early work and giggle. And I thought it was SO good! Well, I guess it was so good. and still is. I've just evolved. That's why I'm so psyched to be a part of this group...so I can continue to evolve and be a part of helping others evolve as well!

Now, I am signing off to help my husband pick the letters off of the Cricut cutting mat...he doesn't quite have the patience for that part..just likes to push the buttons!

Diva

....... I like it. I don't scrapbook, but it would make an awesome ATC!

I'm Pooka, and I approve this challenge.

I've got the ATC book I mentioned earlier almost complete. Got all the accordian pages cut, inked, stamped, and put together, got all the sleeves adhered, and the covers all but completed -- I just need to go back and colour in the areas I bleached inside the cover and back cover stamps.

I'll get pics when it's finally complete.

cpowife
Mayor
cpowife

Good evening ladies! Had kind of a busy day here so I wasnt on much at all today. I can see there is already a bunch for me to catch up on. That might not be until tomorrow though.

Thanks for all the critiques on my yellow roses lo! I can see what you mean about the black helping it pop a little but I think I am going to leave it as is for awhile. It was for a challenge on another thread and I feel like I would be cheating if I changed it now before the challenge ends ya know? I will prob. change it after though.

Hope you all have a great night! "see" ya tomorrow!

Diva
In response to cpowife

Yeah, black WOULD pop ... but it might be too much. The page has a good soft look already, and black would be a LOT of contrast. How about, instead, a deep or burnt orange to reflect the center of the roses, since it would provide more continuity and not disturb the soft look, while still making a pop happen?

... okay, okay, I'm partial to that sort of color scheme (if all the earth tones in my gallery isn't proof enough). I admit, I'm biased.

cpowife
Mayor
cpowife

Burnt orange---now there is an idea!

As you guys can tell from my gallery, I tend to stay on the very simple side of things. Would love to different stuff but I get scared! lol!

lovestoscrap3000
Idol
lovestoscrap3000
In response to cpowife

Here is a LO I did tonight..It's 2 pages. I really like it..so let me know what you guys think..

BTW, a little info on me..I have been scrapping for about 9 years. I started working in a scrapbooking store, then was big into CM. My friend got me into stamping and now Im really hooked! I love all kinds of scrapping stuff. LOVE bling. I love altered projects too. Just a little on me.

wedding LO
By Lovestoscrap3000

*jesse*
Idol
*jesse*

Shawna- the song is Letter to Me, and it came out right after I did that page! I would like to have used that. Maybe I can do another.

This is a talkative group... I like it! I was part of a CJ that is over but still together, but we don't "talk" as much as we used to and I miss it. SBing is a lot more fun with friends, and since I don't have friends in person that do it, it's great to have online friends.

Saucier131
Diva
Saucier131
In response to *jesse*

Jesse - I am in the same boat! I have one friend that scraps and she's in VT and I am in NY so we barely ever get to see each other and when we do...we shop...alot! lol! I love having online scrapping buddies! Below are the fruits of my (collaborative with hubby) effort to do a sports layout - it's so much easier for me to do girly stuff but I like the way this came out! Critique away ladies - I will get caught up on everyone else's uploads in the morning. for now, I am going to catch some zzzz's. Nite!

#1 Fans By Saucier131

Saucier131
Diva
Saucier131

PS - I think tomorrow I might add a challenge to scrap a "Letter to Me" type lo. Be on the lookout - I'll keep you all posted!

TableScraps
Mayor
TableScraps

Ok...so many things that i need to say...lets hope i remember them all! LOL!

First, welcome Janet!!! YAY!!

Next, I wanted to give major thanks for instructions on image embedding, it has now been added to the 2nd post where our roster is!

Next, I am 28 yrs old and i have been scrapping since summer 2004. I got forced into it by my sister in law when i was VERY pregnant with my 2nd DD. I still haven't really found my niche, but i am trying.

Next, and please NOTE: you do not need to change your layouts if you don't want to or aren't ready or whatever..all that we ask is that you listen and consider what we have to say. Give and take what you will with this group with no worries!

and now i REALLLLY need to go to bed. I actually went out tonight with my hubby and another couple, and it's 12:30 and i am dead tired. Yes, i am THAT old! you know you're a parent when!!!!

kit-cat
Diva
kit-cat
In response to Lilgem

thanks for all the luv you all have sent me ...

Diva
In response to kit-cat

You are NOT that old, Christy -- it's kids that do it to us! Heck, you're substantially younger than -I- am!

Diva

ATC book -- Cover
By PookasCrayon

Here's the cover for the ATC book I was talking about. Other pics of it, including back cover, and some of the inside, are in my gallery. I had a lot of fun doing this.

Now I need to make another -- I'm already out of room in it!

Saucier131
Diva
Saucier131

• lovestoscrap3000 Said:
Here is a LO I did tonight..It's 2 pages. I really like it..so let me know what you guys think..

Jessica - one thelpful hint that I think would really help you in displaying your layouts online. Prop your pictures upright as straight as you can when you take pictures of them so that you can avoid any distracting background (ie., table, carpet, etc.) Almost all computers come stocked with some sort of editing software so that you can "trim" out the extra stuff around your layout. Then when you post it, those viewing will be solely focused on your beautiful layouts and not the background distracting stuff. If you have questions about trimming/cropping/editing software, I'll be glad to help. Hope this helps!! :smile :

Saucier131
Diva
Saucier131

Happy Saturday ladies!!! Hoping to get a page done today - going to check out a house a friend is putting an offer in on lateron this morning but will be checking in from time to time. Hope everyone has a FANTABULOUS day!

TableScraps
Mayor
TableScraps

OMG! I am sooooo tired and BLEH today....i just want to curl up and SLEEEEEEEP!!!!
I don't think that i will be accomplishing ANYTHING today!!! *Zzzzzzzzzz*

chattycat
Expert
chattycat

Whoa--look what happens when you curl up on the sofa fighting a nasty case of some garbage your kid brought home from the petri dish.

Good morning ladies!!

Looks like I missed a ton since 8:00pm and I've been spending the past hour catching up. This group is a movin' happenin' place!

Shawna-love your challenge idea. I've not really done a challenge before so how long do you all think we should get to attempt this?
Also, just want you to know, hubby hails from Mass and has converted this NY girl to Pats/Red Sox second most crazed fan status so I LOVED--well actually WE loved your latest LO!! and the superbowl was fixed...

And finally, I'm (gasp) 37 but not a day over 29 and I've been scrappin for 3 years. A friend at our last duty assignment in El Paso somehow convinced me my hubby needed a book covering his Army career and I fell for it. (she was a CM consultant and horribly disappointed in me when I quickly broke all the "rules")

My style is very linear,graphic,clean no-fuss kinda girl. I struggle with pages like the one I just did so this will be an amazing learning experience for me.

You guys are great already! I'll be checkin in throughout the weekend but I don't know if I feel up to scrappin

Have a good one!

janet28rn
Queen
janet28rn
In response to chattycat

Christy: We all have those days... enjoy just vegging if you can!

Ok I said I'd be back with intros... so here goes.

My name is Janet and I am 25 years old. I live in Toledo, Ohio with my husband of 2.5 years (Ryan) and our dog, Olivia. I am a pediatric nurse practitioner. I have been scrapping since high school - My mom and I did a HUGE book for my graduation and I have been hooked ever since. I have been on sb.com for almost 2 years now and love it. I recently joined another critique group and am enjoying it thus far - the suggestions I get from others are wonderful and not at all "critical". Hopefully we will all find the same comfort level here and our scrapping/crafting will improve because of it.

I look forward to getting to know you all better and seeing your work. I am not scrapping this weekend (that I know of yet) but do have many crops coming up soon which is where I get the bulk of my scrapping done. I have two great groups of family/friends that I try to get together with at least once a month.

cpowife
Mayor
cpowife
In response to janet28rn

Good morning ladies!

Here's a little info on me---My name is Stacey and I am 34 years old. I am a proud Navy wife and have 3 kids. 2 of them are human! I have a almost 16 (in April)year old daughter and a 14 yeard old son. I also have a 10 month old yellow (white) lab puppy. I have been scrapping for about 2 years. Always wanted to try it but was unsure of myself, so one Christmas, hubby got me a bunch of stuff and wrapped it all together. He doesn't complain about how much I spend on this hobby since he is the one that created the monster. lol! My scrapping style tends to be on the very simple side of things. I am hoping to learn a lot from this group.

cpowife
Mayor
cpowife
In response to cpowife

Oh yeah, I forgot to add that I am a stay at home mom who tends to be on here more than at my scrap table! lol!

kit-cat
Diva
kit-cat

hello good moring to all my peoples ha ha lo I put more lo and a new clip board up One is peace out another one is my husbnd and then a clip board.

Lilgem
Lilgem 
Idol
Lilgem
In response to kit-cat

Hi everyone!

Just checking in. I am at work again today, and have to work tomorrow but it will probably be very slow tomorrow, so I'll be able to read all the posts and leave some love/comments on everyone's work thus far. Ps, I love the challenge idea about doing a "letter to me" I have never done just an LO of myself...hope everyone has a great day! "see" you guys tomorrow!!

xoxox

TableScraps
Mayor
TableScraps
In response to Lilgem

You know Janet you got me thinking...i really hate the word Critique/critic/critical...it sounds sooo bad!!! LOL! So maybe once we get our name it'll be the "_____ _______ suggestions and support group!"

Saucier131
Diva
Saucier131
In response to chattycat

Hey girlies - only had a quick second, but wanted to upload this one for critiquing - entered into the Funkified Challenge which challenged participants to do a layout inspired by the bright and ecclectic work of Kristie Bentley. Be back later to catch up!

U Rock My World By Saucier131

Diva

Shawna ... clearly, you love color, and aren't afraid to use it, which is AWESOME! I love looking through your gallery. It always manages to brighten my day.

AnnsWorld
Veteran
AnnsWorld

i just spent 20 minutes catching up lol... just dropping by to get myself updated... it's been a busy weekend so hopefully i get a page done by monday...

AnnsWorld
Veteran
AnnsWorld

that LO sure is funky! very lively i love that orange!

TableScraps
Mayor
TableScraps
In response to AnnsWorld

How is everyone here doing?? Are we all still here? Is everyone keeping up? Is there too much talking?(if you think so you can just skim a little)...

WHAT ARE WE DOING FOR OUR NAME?!?!?!

Saucier131
Diva
Saucier131
In response to chattycat

• chattycat Said:
Whoa--look what happens when you curl up on the sofa fighting a nasty case of some garbage your kid brought home from the petri dish.

Good morning ladies!!

Looks like I missed a ton since 8:00pm and I've been spending the past hour catching up. This group is a movin' happenin' place!

Shawna-love your challenge idea. I've not really done a challenge before so how long do you all think we should get to attempt this?
Also, just want you to know, hubby hails from Mass and has converted this NY girl to Pats/Red Sox second most crazed fan status so I LOVED--well actually WE loved your latest LO!! and the superbowl was fixed...

And finally, I'm (gasp) 37 but not a day over 29 and I've been scrappin for 3 years. A friend at our last duty assignment in El Paso somehow convinced me my hubby needed a book covering his Army career and I fell for it. (she was a CM consultant and horribly disappointed in me when I quickly broke all the "rules")

My style is very linear,graphic,clean no-fuss kinda girl. I struggle with pages like the one I just did so this will be an amazing learning experience for me.

You guys are great already! I'll be checkin in throughout the weekend but I don't know if I feel up to scrappin

Have a good one!

Glad you [BOTH] enjoyed the Pats layout! I too am a NY girl who married a Worcester, MA boy...and I am now almost as die hard about the Pats and Sox as he is! LOL! Hope you are able to ward off the petri dish virus! PS - Oh yeah - the Superbowl was DEFINITELY fixed!

Saucier131
Diva
Saucier131

• PookasCrayon Said:
Shawna ... clearly, you love color, and aren't afraid to use it, which is AWESOME! I love looking through your gallery. It always manages to brighten my day.

I DO love color...the brighter the better! And I am glad I brighten your day - your words of confidence have definitely brightened my day and are priceless and appreciated!

PS - I am still planning on doing a "Letter to Me" challenge - will hopefully get something up tomorrow! (Gonna give at least a month, maybe longer to complete because I think this one is personal and going to take some reflection on the part of the scrapper!) Going to be great!

Nite everyone - I am settling in to watch "Good Luck Chuck!"

janet28rn
Queen
janet28rn

• yoginiscraps Said:
You know Janet you got me thinking...i really hate the word Critique/critic/critical...it sounds sooo bad!!! LOL! So maybe once we get our name it'll be the "_____ _______ suggestions and support group!"

ONE more reason to stick with "Paper Cuts" alone.

janet28rn
Queen
janet28rn
In response to janet28rn

OK... a few questions:

Is this thread for chatting/posting layouts/critiquing/some of the above/ all of the above?
--> Perhaps a suggestion from me would be to LINK or EMBED all layouts that we are asking for critiques on to this thread (or maybe another if this thread is too long, but so far I think we will be fine and our group is small enough).
-->Also, should we critique in the galleries or on the thread? (My two cents is in the galleries... on the thread I think it gets hard to know what layout you are talking about unless you quote it or reference it and that tends to make the thread longer)
Re: critiques (the word Christy hates) - how about SUGGESTIONS or COMMENTS instead as those sound more "positive"

Diva
In response to janet28rn

I still totally dig Paper Cuts. It's just so ... so .... *rofl* So me.

cpowife
Mayor
cpowife

Good morning ladies!

I really like Paper cuts also!

Saucier131
Diva
Saucier131

Mornin' girlies! Good news! I found out last night that I won (well, tied for 1st) my first challenge (Say it With Words Challenge)! Woo Hoo! In response to Janet's ponderings, I feel like this started out simply as a critiquing group, but everyone's so great that it evolved into a critiquing (or suggestion/support - for those of you that don't like the "c" word..wink, wink) and group of friends that converse about all sorts of things related to life and whatever art we are creating. I don't know how everyone else feels, but I love it the way it is. Not a fan of rules or restrictions...I like to get and give support and learn about my fellow forum members in the process. Thoughts?

So, on that note, I want to share with my forum buddies the layout that won the challenge - let me know what you think - I think I mentioned before, go ahead and comment right in my gallery - I can take it!

Home Safe By Saucier131

Diva

You made me tear up, Shawna.

We're former military. He enlisted during Desert Shield, which rapidly turned into Desert Storm.

Managing to make me tear up, when it's not even me involved, says a lot. You did good.

Saucier131
Diva
Saucier131

Deanne - must admit, I was going for some tears on that layout! lol! It was the best day of my life and I commend all of our military that have served and are still serving - but I especially commend their wives...it's so hard to be brave and "hold down fort" at home without our other halves!

So...I have posted the Letter to me Challenge! I'm so excited to see what kinds of submissions we get on this one - I limited the # of submissions to 20 but I want all of your girls to be able to participate if you want to so now that I think more about it, I am going to edit the post and remove the limitation on the number of entries. Here is the link:

MARCH/Letter to Me Challenge

I am off to work (on a Sunday no less!) to catch up on some long-overdue projects. Hope everyone enjoys their Sunday and hope you all check out my new challenge!!

Page 1 of 30 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics