Page 2 of 30 
Username Post: PaperCuts ____ ____ ! (full and active)        (Topic#1453229)
janet28rn
Queen
janet28rn
In response to Saucier131

Happy Sunday, ladies!

Diva

Every time the dh went TDY, it was hard, especially since we had an infant at the time.

At least I've got some time to work on the Letter To Me. I need to get swaps done, or at least make some progress on them.

chattycat
Expert
chattycat
In response to PookasCrayon

Good morning ladies!

I'm feeling better today but I did manage to scrap yesterday to take my mind off the cruddiness. I may have forgotten to mention that I love to scrap multi-pic 2 pagers(usually event-oriented) So, here's another one. "Suggest" away...

And Shawna-I saw your "love" LO in the gallery back when you first uploaded it and meant to comment then but I was seriously fighting back tears and couldn't so I left you some love now

Splash Island

Edited by chattycat on 02-24-08 09:52 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

ScrappySan
Expert
ScrappySan
In response to TableScraps

Hi. I'm in! This is all new for me so I'll have to read what you have been doing so far. Nice name suggestions so far, Paper Cuts cracks me up as well :-)

ScrappySan - Sandra

TableScraps
Mayor
TableScraps
In response to ScrappySan

Hey Sandra! Nice to see you here!

NOTE TO SELF: I think that i need to check in with some of our missing members today....

NOTE TO GROUP: so are we Paper Cuts Suggestions and Support Group? or something similar?

***AND ALSO----PLEASE MAKE SURE TO ADD THIS GROUP TO YOUR FAVORITES OR SUBSCRIBE TO IT(so you don't forget about us and go missing and then i have to track you down and/or replace you....ACK!)
(for you NEWBIES, you can do this by scrolling down a bit to the bottom of this page....)

Edited by yoginiscraps on 02-24-08 11:17 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

chattycat
Expert
chattycat

Christy, I'm lovin' the PaperCuts! It's too funny and I really do think it's the perfect name for a CG!

ScrappySan
Expert
ScrappySan

OK... hi again! Now I've read some more and think I should introduce myself properly:

My name is Sandra, I'll be 33 in April, I'm married to a piano teacher and mother to Enya Given whom we adopted in South Africa in April. She's now 15 months old and the reason why I started scrapping in the first place :-)

I work as a tv-producer making tv-shows for children but although I work part time it's hard to find time for scrapping - I guess you other mums know why!

I live in Finland, my mother tongue is Swedish but I manage in English. I hope you'll understand me despite my errors! It's it's been really hard to find scrapbooking supplies here but it's getting better! The hobby is slowly growing here too although most people haven't heard about "scrapbooks" before.

I still consider myself a beginner although my profile says "veteran" so I don't feel very ready to give contructive critisism, but maybe I'll learn how to. I'm glad for the opportunity to getting suggestions on my LO:s because I have zero friends in real life who scrapbook and I'm looking forward to learning more from real veterans!

Thanks Christy for the invitation!

Have a great Sunday girls !
Sandra

Diva
In response to chattycat

Heck, I'd say JUST Paper Cuts. Short, sweet, and totally to the point, baby!

Diva

• ScrappySan Said:

I live in Finland, my mother tongue is Swedish but I manage in English. I hope you'll understand me despite my errors!

Sandra, your English is better than some NATIVE speakers, so hush, you're fine!

ScrappySan
Expert
ScrappySan

Oh, thanks! Nice avatar BTW

lovestoscrap3000
Idol
lovestoscrap3000

hey ladies..in the progress of working on a LO so when i get it finished i will post a picture. im almost done with it. have a great day! i think the paper cuts name is cute.
- jessica

Lilgem
Lilgem 
Idol
Lilgem
In response to lovestoscrap3000

Hi everyone. I'll give a little background,

I live with my dbf (dear boyfriend) Matt and I work full-time for a nonprofit and part-time at a lingerie boutique. I'm at the store right now, but it is usually very slow on Sundays. I noticed the group has a name now!! Yay! I love it!! I am really going to try and go through everyone's galleries and give some love/comments/suggestions . Ps, I may start teaching a very beginner scrapbooking class!! I dropped off the class outline to the manager yesterday along with a sketch for a LO we would do in class and my version of the LO. Cross your fingers for me!!

I really want to participate in your challenge Shawna.

Welcome Sandra!

Welcome

Lilgem
Lilgem 
Idol
Lilgem
In response to janet28rn

• janet28rn Said:
Christy: We all have those days... enjoy just vegging if you can!

Ok I said I'd be back with intros... so here goes.

My name is Janet and I am 25 years old. I live in Toledo, Ohio with my husband of 2.5 years (Ryan) and our dog, Olivia. I am a pediatric nurse practitioner. I have been scrapping since high school - My mom and I did a HUGE book for my graduation and I have been hooked ever since. I have been on sb.com for almost 2 years now and love it. I recently joined another critique group and am enjoying it thus far - the suggestions I get from others are wonderful and not at all "critical". Hopefully we will all find the same comfort level here and our scrapping/crafting will improve because of it.

I look forward to getting to know you all better and seeing your work. I am not scrapping this weekend (that I know of yet) but do have many crops coming up soon which is where I get the bulk of my scrapping done. I have two great groups of family/friends that I try to get together with at least once a month.

Hi Janet!!

Lilgem
Lilgem 
Idol
Lilgem

• Saucier131 Said:
So I am sitting here (pause for full effect)...with my HUBBY and we are working on a page together. Just had to share that. He is currently sitting in front of my Cricut with a serious look of determination on his face cutting out letters...all I had to do to lure him in was entice him with a football layout! LOL! (He'd SO kill me if he knew I was even exposing his crafty side! LOL!)

This is hilarious! I love the mental image I have!! I always ask my dbf his opinion about which paper and such to use and I think he secretly likes it!!

ScrappySan
Expert
ScrappySan
In response to Lilgem

I don't know how to copy texts I'd like to comment, but about those husband - congratulations :-) Mine really couldn't care less, but he's nice enough though to at least sound like he admires everything I do!

I just finished one LO for my mum's birthday album so maybe I should put it here. I'm not sure what my style is yet, but on this one I tried to do something different than I use to. I've seen a lot of doodling and "chaotic" layouts in a Brittish magazine I subscribe and now I tried to do something like that. I wanted to make the feeling of a lot going on in my calm mum's 14-year old mind when she's looking in the fashion magazines. Should I do even more? Please critique and suggest all you can think of! Thanks. I'm going to bed now so see you another day!

Fashion Freak - 60th birthday album page 5
By ScrappySan

Lilgem
Lilgem 
Idol
Lilgem

Sandra- at the bottom of the comment you want to copy is a little row of options (a printer, an envelope) click on the box with two little of pieces of paper 4th from the left and that will copy the text.

AnnsWorld
Veteran
AnnsWorld
In response to Lilgem

Yay "PaperCuts" won!

Christy - i just subscribed to the topic.

It'a a lazy sunday afternoon (my husband and i went out last night) and i just want to sit and enjoy the sun... lol... i'll make a page tomorrow and post it...

AnnsWorld
Veteran
AnnsWorld
In response to AnnsWorld

btw, here's a page i did last week (in case some of you haven't seen it yet)... i really don't have a style, i guess it just depends on whatever comes to mind...

Toast By AnnsWorld

Saucier131
Diva
Saucier131
In response to AnnsWorld

• AnnsWorld Said:
Yay "PaperCuts" won!

Christy - i just subscribed to the topic.

It'a a lazy sunday afternoon (my husband and i went out last night) and i just want to sit and enjoy the sun... lol... i'll make a page tomorrow and post it...

BTW..I am so jealous that you are soaking up the sun today...we haven't seen sun here in NY in MONTHS! Brrr!

AnnsWorld
Veteran
AnnsWorld

Hi Shawna! yeah it was a really beautiful day today, blue sky and sunshine - lol! The weather is really weird, one day so cold the next day so warm...

Anyway, thanks for the white pen suggestion i think it would really draw attention to the quote more... it's actually vellum and i pasted it on cardstock but the glue didn't dry as much as i thought it would so it looked a bit darker.

Diva

• ScrappySan Said:
Oh, thanks! Nice avatar BTW

Full-sized version of the image is in my gallery.

It makes a good intro to Who The Heck is This Pooka Chick? I used to be an illustrator, mostly specializing in CGI (computer graphics) -- my avatar is just one of my old pieces.

I'll be 40 years old this year, I've been married for 17 years (yes, to the same guy, though there are those days .... ), and I have two daughters, one 15, one 11. Lord help me, I have a teenage girl in the house. I'm owned by 5 cats, and have a screwy mixed breed dog (half-Corgi, half Blue Heeler).

I started rubber stamping in the early 80s. I still have all my original stamps, too! It's an addiction, lemme tell ya.

Scrapbooking isn't something I do, though lately you ladies have sort of inspired me. I made that ATC book, and today I made a mini-album for all of the RAK cards I've received. I just need to decorate the covers now, and some of the inside pages, but otherwise it's all done. I tend to be a mixed-media artist, but I've pretty much worked in every form possible: glass, weaving, sewing, crochet, paper mache, beading and jewelry, wire work, collage, silk flowers ... the list just keeps growing.

These days, I mainly keep working on my jewelry, I'm finally crocheting again after 15 years, and I work a lot with paper, making cards, small books, doing collage pieces, and altering anything that won't stand still (see the alcohol inked pictures of my COMPUTER in my gallery!).

Wow, that was verbose, wasn't it?

Diva
In response to AnnsWorld

• AnnsWorld Said:
Hi Shawna! yeah it was a really beautiful day today, blue sky and sunshine - lol! The weather is really weird, one day so cold the next day so warm...

You said it, Ann! It was in the 50s today, and it will rapidly head into the 70s up in the Dallas area this week. It was a lovely day, but a little chilly, just enough for sleeves here -- but all the stores still have the heat on full blast, so inside, you roast.

Diva

Gee, three posts in a row.

All right, ladies, I need some knowledge here.

I made a mini-album earlier today for cards I've received in RAKs. I used a relatively heavy cardstock for the pages, and the covers are mat board. I used binder rings to hold it all together.

My question is, since the cards are all handmade, and can be heavy-ish, do I need to reinforce the holes on the cardstock? I have some clear reinforcements, so they won't clash and I won't have to ink them, but do I need to use them?

janet28rn
Queen
janet28rn

Hi right back at you, Audrey!

I love the Paper Cuts name... support group is a great idea too if you still feel we need to add something to it to describe it, Christy!

Seems like a great group thus far. I scrapped a lot last weekend and am not planning to again for a few weeks, but we'll see if I can find the time and inspiration to create something for you gals to go crazy over

Okay, back to the Oscars for tonight. Catch up with you all tomorrow.

Diva
In response to janet28rn

... The Oscars are TONIGHT? D'oh!

keliloves
Idol
keliloves

It just took me 30 minutes to catch up on the posts that I missed since late Friday night. I cant believe how much I missed.
Let me start by introducing myself since most of you already did. I am Keli and I am 29, married for 10 years with 2 kids, 2 dogs, 2 cats, and 3 rabbits! I started scrapping 10 years ago when my aunt bought me a Creative Memories wedding album. I was hooked immediately! I have several albums completed but over the last several years I seem to have less and less time for my hobby. I have literaly gone months without doing a layout. Then I go through periods where I get a bit accomplished but am not happy with it so I just quit for a while. Just recently I made a resolution to get back at it. My dd and I went to a crop yesterday (her first) and since she is just getting started and is only 7 years old I ended up helping her alot. I let her design her own pages but she needed a lot of help with cropping her pics. I did get 1 page done but I have to get a battery for my camera before I can put it online. It needs something and I don't know what. I know you ladies can help.
I have to get to bed now but I will be on tomorrow night again if not earlier. I should have a battery by then!

ScrappySan
Expert
ScrappySan
In response to Lilgem

• RubysMom Said:
Sandra- at the bottom of the comment you want to copy is a little row of options (a printer, an envelope) click on the box with two little of pieces of paper 4th from the left and that will copy the text.

Just testing... if it works - thanks RubysMom!

ScrappySan
Expert
ScrappySan

• PookasCrayon Said:
I used to be an illustrator, mostly specializing in CGI (computer graphics) -- my avatar is just one of my old pieces.

Scrapbooking isn't something I do, though lately you ladies have sort of inspired me. These days, I mainly keep working on my jewelry, I'm finally crocheting again after 15 years, and I work a lot with paper, making cards, small books, doing collage pieces, and altering anything that won't stand still (see the alcohol inked pictures of my COMPUTER in my gallery!).

Wow, that was verbose, wasn't it?

You are a very interesting artist and your gallery is like a real vernissage! I'd love to see a scrapbook page from you soon as well.

And yes, I had to look up the word "vernissage" in a dictionary but it's the same word in Swedish. Now I'll look up the word "verbose" :-)

Sandra

ScrappySan
Expert
ScrappySan

Thanks you all for comments and suggestions on my "Fashion Freak" LO! I love this group already, it works!I absolutely love the idea of adding pattern and will try to do that somewhere above the word fashion, combining ideas from PookasCrayon and Christy. I'll let you know when I'm finished.

Saucier - about the paper models - I googled "fashion 1962" and found a page with a lot of model dalls with fashion from different time periods - they are like pages from a coloring book. I would have loved it as a little girl!

About the Oscars, I have it on tape so now you all know what I don't... I'll stay away until I watched it just in case you'll discuss the winners :-) Have a great week!

Sandra

Diva

I managed to catch the very end -- Best Actor, Direction, and Motion Picture -- and missed everything else.

Eclectic is a good word to describe my crafting, I suppose. I can't really do the CGI much anymore, because trying to paint with a mouse with my shaky hands just doesn't work now, so I get all my creative urges out elsewhere.

cpowife
Mayor
cpowife

Good morning ladies! I have missed a lot! I am normally not on much during the weekend. Family time. I need to go catch up!

cpowife
Mayor
cpowife
In response to cpowife

Ok, I think I am all caught up now! lol!

Shawna- Love your Home Safe lo! Hits home for me, we are getting ready for deployment #8.

Cathy- So gald you do multi pic 2 page lo's. So do I, and I am always looking through the gallery trying to find some for inspiration and ideas.

Hi Sandra

Audrey- Keeping my fingers crossed for you for the teaching opportunity!

Hope you ladies have a great day! It is my cleaning day so I might not be on much today either.

Saucier131
Diva
Saucier131
In response to AnnsWorld

Morning everyone! Just finished this layout for my friend's mom - took me 3 tries of tearing apart and doing it over, but I think the end product came out halfway decent. Critique away! (I'm off to work but will be back to catch up tonght!) Have a great day!!!

Family By Saucier131

Lilgem
Lilgem 
Idol
Lilgem

good morning!

*jesse*
Idol
*jesse*
In response to Lilgem

Yipes! No more not checking in on the weekend! I'll try to get around soon and look at everything you've posted.

I started working on a LO this weekend, but I only got as far as getting some CS for it and dropping off the negatives for reprints (the photos are from before my digital camera). Since I won't get them back until Wednesday, I'm kinda stuck.

Here's my introduction:
I'm a divorced 27 y.o. Iowa girl. I lived my entire life on a farm until I made the silly decision to get married, and now I live in a town of about 5,000 people right on the Mississippi river. To me, there are only 2 good things about living in town. The first is that I am a volunteer firefighter/EMT-B on an awesome volunteer department. I love it, and it's a huge part of my life. The second is that I live right next door to my boyfriend. Yes, that is how we met! We've been together almost 2 years.He's quite a bit older than me and has 2 kids; both boys (aged 15 and 5). My child is a 4 year old Rottweiler named Tank. He is the biggest sweetheart I have ever met!
Honestly, I don't know how I got into scrapbooking- I just remember I started in my junior year of high school!

I'd better get to work... I'll catch up on everything as soon as I can!

chattycat
Expert
chattycat
In response to *jesse*

Good Morning!

Welcome Sandra and anyone else I may have forgotten to welcome over the weekend!

Here's another one I did this morning (I'm just scrappin pics that have been laying around that I intended to scrap last summer and the grass is starting to green here so summer is on it's way!!!)

I don't normally scrap 8 1/2 x 11 but I do have a book for my son with random "moments" type LOs so it happens occasionally. I guess I'm all over the board.
Feel free to critique away-but be advised-I like that hibiscus paper so it stays...

Beach Bum

Hope you all have a great day! I'm off to the gym.

byondbzr
Queen
byondbzr
In response to *jesse*

OK,I'm ACU! (for those who don't know,that means (all caught up")
I've enjoyed seeing everyone's work! Can I take a minute and tell you all my exciting news? I'm being published in Scrap N' Art Ezine! The picked up my I {Heart} U chipboard album for their May/June issue! Here is the album,do you ladies like it? The album is handcut from chipboard,the heart is hand drawn. There is no pp in this album,I made my own with black and white cs and stamps!

I {Heart} U chipboard album,Valentine for my kids
By Byondbzr

Pgs. 1&2,Valentine album for my kids
By Byondbzr

Page 3,Valentine album for my kids
By Byondbzr

Page 4,Valentine album for my kids
By Byondbzr

Edited by byondbzr on 02-25-08 08:31 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

keliloves
Idol
keliloves
In response to byondbzr

Congrats Rebecca! That is amazing work.

I just left some love in your gallery. I love all the flowers that you use. I haven't used many flowers yet but it is on my list of things to use after browsing your LOs.

Lilgem
Lilgem 
Idol
Lilgem
In response to byondbzr

• byondbzr Said:
OK,I'm ACU! (for those who don't know,that means (all caught up")
I've enjoyed seeing everyone's work! Can I take a minute and tell you all my exciting news? I'm being published in Scrap N' Art Ezine! The picked up my I {Heart} U chipboard album for their May/June issue! Here is the album,do you ladies like it? The album is handcut from chipboard,the heart is hand drawn. There is no pp in this album,I made my own with black and white cs and stamps!

I {Heart} U chipboard album,Valentine for my kids
By Byondbzr

Pgs. 1&2,Valentine album for my kids
By Byondbzr

Page 3,Valentine album for my kids
By Byondbzr

Page 4,Valentine album for my kids
By Byondbzr

CONGRATULATIONS!!! Your work is beautiful! You deserve some credit!

Lilgem
Lilgem 
Idol
Lilgem

ok, so here is one of the LO's I worked on over the week and weekend. I would love to hear suggestions, although I won't be adding/changing anything (not because I don't value your opinions!!) but because it is based off of a sketch for the class I will hopefully be teaching. Although I would have added a lot more elements to the LO, I wanted to keep it simple for the class. I gave it to the manager over the weekend, and hope to hear about on Tuesday!!

TFL!

family By RubysMom

Lilgem
Lilgem 
Idol
Lilgem

And here is another LO (8x10) I made for a friend's birthday. I welcome any and all suggestions!!! I added some hard to see doodling in white around the heart. Please notes that the far edges of the paper will be hidden behind the frame I'm going to be putting it in. The title is in the upper right corner of the heart and says, "Two Peas in a Pod"

TFL!!
2 Peas in a Pod By RubysMom

AnnsWorld
Veteran
AnnsWorld
In response to byondbzr

Congrats Rebecca! That album is awesome, great job!

*jesse*
Idol
*jesse*
In response to AnnsWorld

Way to go Rebecca, both for being published and for being all caught up!

ScrappySan
Expert
ScrappySan
In response to byondbzr

• byondbzr Said:
I'm being published in Scrap N' Art Ezine!

Congratulations! You're very talented.

cpowife
Mayor
cpowife

Congrats Rebecca! You deserve it!

Lilgem
Lilgem 
Idol
Lilgem
In response to cpowife

Here is another LO that I would really, really love suggestions on. I did it a long while ago when I first started scrapping again. It just doesn't feel "finished" to me.

Bride and Maid of Honor By RubysMom

TableScraps
Mayor
TableScraps
In response to Lilgem

WOW! I'm finally ACU too! Everyone is doing a great job here! and i hope the suggestions and support are helping!
My Inlaws are taking my girls tonight, one goes to brownies and the youngest just goes to their house to play...so i will hopefully get some scrapping done in my hr and a half! Wish me luck!

OK, and since i haven't shared my story yet, i thought i would do that now.

I am Christy. I am 28. Married 7 1/2 yrs to my awesome hubby Nick. Have 2 dd's Hayley is 7 and Allison is 3. We have a little lhasapoo dog named Gilby Clarke! I have been scrapping since summer of '04 when i was heavily preggo with DD2, and haven't seemed to get in the groove with it yet!!! YIKES. So please encourage and suggest the hell out of me PLEASE!!!!! I NEED IT!

chattycat
Expert
chattycat

Congrats Rebecca!! You did a beautiful job! I LOVE how you designed those papers!!

*jesse*
Idol
*jesse*
In response to chattycat

I am so envious of those of you who are ACU!!

You're all doing a really good job with your LO's. It's been pretty hard to come up with things to critique. Hopefully I'll have something new up by the end of the week.

*jesse*
Idol
*jesse*
In response to *jesse*

We're having another snow storm today... the longest stretch we've had this winter without snow has been 8 days. It's getting really old.
Good night to scrap, but boyfriend wants me to make cookies... Hard decision!

AnnsWorld
Veteran
AnnsWorld
In response to *jesse*

Hi ladies! Here's a LO i finished today... i decided to create a page for my upcoming bday using paper i've had for the longest time...

Twenty Nine By AnnsWorld

Saucier131
Diva
Saucier131
In response to AnnsWorld

Greetings and salutations ladies! ACU believe it or not! lol!

First, thank you to everyone for all of your critiquing on my layouts - so many of your suggestions have opened my eyes to changes that I never would have seen myself! (Problem though - how the heck do I lift everything up and edit? I use double tape! Ahhhh! )

Second, Stacey - my heart goes out to you on deployment #8! I had a tough time with one and wish you strength and courage!

Third, Audrey I am SO crossing my fingers for you! Your layout is perfect for an intro class!

Fourth, CONGRATS Rebecca!! Your album rocks and your publication is well-deserved!

On that note, I am going to log off - my dogs need to be groomed badly - furballs that they are! lol!

PS - There are already about 20 people signed up for the Letter to me challenge - where my girlz at?!??!?! I'll be watching for you to sign up - you don't have to have your layout complete to sign up

janet28rn
Queen
janet28rn

Rebecca: Congrats! The honor is well deserved. I loved that book when I first saw it.

Caught up and tired out. Have a good night, ladies.

ScrappySan
Expert
ScrappySan
In response to *jesse*

• *jesse* Said:
We're having another snow storm today... the longest stretch we've had this winter without snow has been 8 days. It's getting really old.
Good night to scrap, but boyfriend wants me to make cookies... Hard decision!

I envy you a little... we used to have snow up to the roof tops here in Finland but the last couple of years it has been terrible, almost no snow, only rain. But it's snowing in Athens...

ScrappySan
Expert
ScrappySan

• Saucier131 Said:

PS - There are already about 20 people signed up for the Letter to me challenge - where my girlz at?!??!?! I'll be watching for you to sign up - you don't have to have your layout complete to sign up

Such an inspiring challenge! I signed up.

Saucier131
Diva
Saucier131

• ScrappySan Said:
  • Saucier131 Said:

Such an inspiring challenge! I signed up.

Thanks for signing up! It's going to be inspirational, if nothing else - it's a challenge for me too...I have started my "example" layout but man, is it hard! lol!

TableScraps
Mayor
TableScraps

LOL! ACU doesn't mean "all caught up in our scrapping", it means caught up to this point with commenting and reading all the chatter! lol.
I WISH i was ACU in scrapping! Not even remotely close!!!

Also, sorry about not signing up in your letter to me challenge, I can only handle so much pressure and challenges at a time! LOL!

Anywho, time to get the kids and hubby up and at'em!

Lilgem
Lilgem 
Idol
Lilgem

• Saucier131 Said:

I signed up!!

Lilgem
Lilgem 
Idol
Lilgem
In response to Lilgem

ps, thank you sooo much for giving me some ideas of my bride and maid of honor LO. I did it way back in the day when I had limited supplies and everytime I look at it I'm unhappy but just don't know what to do. I will for sure mat the pics on some darker paper...I agree the "Sister" paper is too overwhelming. Thanks again!!!

AnnsWorld
Veteran
AnnsWorld
In response to Lilgem

Good Morning ladies! Nice sunny day here again but it's quite chilly!

Anyway, thanks for all the comments / suggestions / critiques on my layouts... really appreciate it!

AnnsWorld
Veteran
AnnsWorld

I signed up for the Letter to me challenge... now i have to rummage through my old pics

Lilgem
Lilgem 
Idol
Lilgem

• Saucier131 Said:
Third, Audrey I am SO crossing my fingers for you! Your layout is perfect for an intro class!

thanks!

TableScraps
Mayor
TableScraps
In response to Lilgem

Oh so i am soooo glad that we didn't name ourselves passion for scrappin or along that line....i just saw that there is a scrapper here with the name passionscrappin! That would have been weird!!!

Oh, and my hubby is such a weirdo...he's a total guitar hero! LOL!

Diva

I've got a buddy here till tomorrow, so I'm in and out and otherwise occupied.

Lilgem
Lilgem 
Idol
Lilgem

• yoginiscraps Said:
Oh so i am soooo glad that we didn't name ourselves passion for scrappin or along that line....i just saw that there is a scrapper here with the name passionscrappin! That would have been weird!!!

Oh, and my hubby is such a weirdo...he's a total guitar hero! LOL!

I like PaperCuts better anyway! I have never played guitar hero, but I keep getting told i should...

Saucier131
Diva
Saucier131
In response to Lilgem

JCI ladies! Hope everyone had a good Tuesday - it's snowing here and I am diligently working away on my Letter to Me example submission.

Pooka - enjoy your company!

Nite everyone!

*jesse*
Idol
*jesse*

Hi!

I'm getting really excited to get my reprints back tomorrow so I can work on something to post here! I'm getting frustrated b/c I can't find appropriate pp though... argh.

Hope you're all having a good night!

TableScraps
Mayor
TableScraps
In response to *jesse*

Well I worked on a layout today, and i wasn't feeling it, and it's a bit wacko, but i at least scrapped. I should have it done and uploaded tomorrow...i didn't quite finish it.

I am desperately hoping that this stupid weather warms up soon, i am seriously annoyed. UGH.

Well, off to try and beat hubby at Carnival Games on Wii. LOL!

janet28rn
Queen
janet28rn

Guitar hero... from my standpoint, it may be fun to play (but not for me) but it is totally not fun to watch. LOL. I wouldn't be very good at it anyway! I tried DDR once and was overwhelmed with that - although it is good exercise and I promote it for kids!

Just checking in. Trying to stay warm here and out of the SNOW!

Saucier131
Diva
Saucier131
In response to janet28rn

Just dropping off my example layout for the "Letter to Me" challenge. This one was a MAJOR undertaking. I wrote the poem myself. Critique away!

As for me, I am off to bed - will catch up tomorrow! Nite!

Slow Down By Saucier131

keliloves
Idol
keliloves

Here is the layout that I need some help with. It just seems plain. I like the color combo with the pink and brown but It just doesn't pop.
Advice?

Rosie By Keliglover

keliloves
Idol
keliloves
In response to keliloves

I've posted several new layouts in my gallery so come critique. I have been busy today and got several layouts finished. I also got a battery for my digital camera so I could post my layouts.

Shawna - Awesome job on your letter to me layout.

My sons birthday was today and he is getting a wii from his grandparents. My dh just told me we are getting guitar hero this weekend so I'm sure I will be right there with you Janet.

I will check in tomorrow.
Night everyone!

Saucier131
Diva
Saucier131
In response to keliloves

Happy Wednesday everyone! I am home today - have a nasty sinus thing going on and just feel like vedging...and maybe scrapping! LOL! Hope everyone has a great day!

PS - At the risk of sounding like a total dork, what does MMS mean? I keep seeing it all over forums and cannot come up with words that would make sense?! LOL!

*jesse*
Idol
*jesse*

Shawna- MMS is marking my spot. I wouldn't know that except I saw someone else ask on the general forum! Hope you're feeling better soon!

Is the wii as fun as it looks? I've thought about getting it.

chattycat
Expert
chattycat

First off, Good Morning!!

I have an extremely busy day ahead of me and really shouldn't be on here right now but I just had to be ACU.heehee.

Keli-left you some love/suggestions in your gallery.

Shawna-you have set the bar high on this challenge. I want you to know, I have had a crappy past 2 days walking down memory lane and then saw your LO and realized there are better ways of journaling then tormenting myself with specific screw-ups so the good mojo is back.

Now, I just need to work through my complete and utter distaste for ANY photo of me as a teenager/early 20's. I have 3 words for you here:

80's big hair.

That about sums it up and now I must deal with my envy of your beautiful pics(hair) and get on with this.

Oh,one more thing, it's a Kokopelli. Apparently some type of little fertility nymphs which definitely had no business on that LO but sure are cute.

Hope you all have a great day

Edited by chattycat on 02-27-08 07:00 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Lilgem
Lilgem 
Idol
Lilgem
In response to chattycat

Good morning everyone! I'm gonna go leave some love!

kit-cat
Diva
kit-cat
In response to lovestoscrap3000

wow that is such a pretty lo I like how you put the buttons aroud it..And the dresses are amazing.

keliloves
Idol
keliloves
In response to kit-cat

Thank you ladies for the suggestions on my layouts. I will definately be adding some embellies to my Rosie layout above.

Audrey - I like the idea of adding some pink polka dots to the letters. I had thought of that but just didn't know what to use to put them there. I don't have a pink pen or marker that will show up on the dark brown. I will be on the lookout for one though. Any suggestions?

These pictures are from my friends wedding and the journaling that I am planning to add will tell the story. I just don't know what I should journal on. I thought about adding pink and brown flowers(if I can find some)as embellies.

ScrappySan
Expert
ScrappySan
In response to keliloves

Hope you'll get well soon Shawna. Or not... I'm sick too and managed to scrap some as my husband has a vacation and can take care of our baby, so it's not all that bad to stay home from work.

I've tried to leave my comfort zone, especially with the last LO and found myself embellish more and more when I lost myself in it and now it's quite messy ... I'm so open for help if you care to look at it! Although it's not easy to move anything, one can only add... I did some doodling by the flowers on the right and I think it looks a bit better, but I'm too lazy to do a new scan.

Off to see your galleries!
Have a great day everybody.
Sandra

Saucier131
Diva
Saucier131

Thanks everyone...though I feel kinda cruddy, I am getting some scrapping done with a quiet house! And, the dogs love it because I'm home to throw balls to them in the snow. (I know, real good for a cold huh?!) lol!

Cathy - I had the same problem you did on the Letter to Me Challenge at first...I started rehashing all of the ******** I shouldn't have done/should've done differently, etc. and finally just decided to sum it up without going into details and chastising myself too much! I am sure your lo will be great - kinda looking forward to seeing that awesome 80's hairstyle!

So here's a layout I got done just a bit ago from snow time this morning. I tried to glam it up a bit, and struggled with it being a winter layout, but wanting to incorporate the green from the ball. I finally gave up on the green. Then I put the little love sticker on the photo (bottom right) and realized I didn't like it but the darn thing is stuck on there so well there is no removing it! Ugh! Still - I like the action shots in this layout.

Critique away ladies!

Air Dog By Saucier131

Lilgem
Lilgem 
Idol
Lilgem
In response to keliloves

• keliglover Said:
Thank you ladies for the suggestions on my layouts. I will definately be adding some embellies to my Rosie layout above.

Audrey - I like the idea of adding some pink polka dots to the letters. I had thought of that but just didn't know what to use to put them there. I don't have a pink pen or marker that will show up on the dark brown. I will be on the lookout for one though. Any suggestions?

These pictures are from my friends wedding and the journaling that I am planning to add will tell the story. I just don't know what I should journal on. I thought about adding pink and brown flowers(if I can find some)as embellies.

I saw a great technique of "stamping" polka dots by using the eraser of a pencil and dipping it into pink ink or paint. I also used the bottom of one of my paint sponges (on a stick, it had a round bottom) and stamped the bottom of it with. If you don't have ink or paint, what about cutting out your cicles from pink paper? or using pink jewels or even small pink buttons? I'm just trying to think of things that would be small enough to fit onto the letters without overlapping.

My Creative Shenanigans
Idol
My Creative Shenanigans

Hello and good day to everyone. Sorry I have not been active in the past few days very busy work schedule here. I have posted a few new los in the gallery this week. I am so computer illiterate so bear with me. I just found my back to the critique group. LOL.

My Creative Shenanigans
Idol
My Creative Shenanigans
In response to My Creative Shenanigans

Okay ACU,

First I hope I'm still part of this group I had fallen off for there for a couple of days. So to catch up. I love the name Paper Cuts Critique Group. Also I will tell you a little about myself. I feel like the little old lady of the crowd (HAHAHA) I am 39, married with 2 children aged 20 & 17. I live in the Houston area and I work as a clinical manager for a small orthopedic practice. I am so happy to have been allowed to join this group.

My Creative Shenanigans
Idol
My Creative Shenanigans

Please be patient with me I have only been scrapbooking since August 2007. My DD got me involved in this. Okay here it goes this my first lo I am embedding for the critique group. It will be fine to leave your critiques in my gallery. I think it will be easer for me to find. And one more question do we have a challenge going on in here? if so please let me know so I can catch up.
Thanks Ladies.

Free Spirit
By The Wind Walker

Lilgem
Lilgem 
Idol
Lilgem

Hi Windwalker (sorry, I don't see your name anywhere!)

As far as I know there is no PaperCuts challenge, but Shawna is hosting a "Letter to Me" challenge. She posted the link to that forum a couple pages ago.

I have only been scrapping since last Christmas, and your LO's are just awesome! I saw in your gallery, the little journaling tag you did for the Free Spirit, so cute!!

My Creative Shenanigans
Idol
My Creative Shenanigans
In response to Lilgem

Thanks so much for the critique. The flourishes came from Fancy Pants I just love their products! Also thanks for the update on the group, I will try to be better organized from now on. Sorry kind of slow today left my helumt at home (HAHAHAHAHAHA). The real name is Beth.

lovestoscrap3000
Idol
lovestoscrap3000
In response to Lilgem

hey ladies - jci..havent been on this thread often..but hello

My Creative Shenanigans
Idol
My Creative Shenanigans

Hi SS, Thanks so much for stopping by the gallery to critique the Free Spirit LO. The picture has rubons on it from Fancy Pants . I included the product mentioned below. This is how I came up with the title for the LO. It so mathces my DD spirit.

Saucier131
Diva
Saucier131

Okay, I am on a pet kick today. But now I am done for the day! (But will definitely be back later to catch up!)

Sweet Pea By Saucier131

TableScraps
Mayor
TableScraps

JCI! need to eat dinner....i caught up to here....

chattycat
Expert
chattycat

I'm starting to think keeping ACU on here is a full-time job

Beth- welcome back! I was worried you were leaving us. Awesome LO! I left love in your gallery.

Shawna-sorry to disappoint. I found a better pic at age 19 that will suit this LO much better, or at least will let me scrap about good things and not the garbage, and doesn't involve an Eddie Van Halen mane. Please tell me you know who that is...

But while we're on the challenge topic, when/where do we post our finished LO? Do we just post it to the thread when we're ready? (this is my first challenge) I guess you could call me a challenge virgin.

My Creative Shenanigans
Idol
My Creative Shenanigans
In response to chattycat

Cathy, great to be back!!! I was worried about me too for awhile there. As I had stated earlier today I am computer illiterate. I could not remember where to find the group. I was just about ready to go to my friends list and ask one of the group members how to get back here. Lord save me from myself!!!!

My Creative Shenanigans
Idol
My Creative Shenanigans

Okay another stupid compter question. How did you get your name and the group name under your reply?

*jesse*
Idol
*jesse*
In response to chattycat

• chattycat Said:

and doesn't involve an Eddie Van Halen mane. Please tell me you know who that is...

You are TOO funny!

My Creative Shenanigans
Idol
My Creative Shenanigans

Thanks for the review of the Free Spirit LO. It's a shame to say but that LO take me forever to do. This one LO took 6 days. I want to do the 10 pages an hour program like my friend. I wish she had a page here she creates the most amazing LO with little or no effort.

My Creative Shenanigans
Idol
My Creative Shenanigans
In response to chattycat

Cathy, sorry i forgot to say thanks for the Gallery love.

My Creative Shenanigans
Idol
My Creative Shenanigans
In response to *jesse*

Hey Jessie, thanks for the words of confidnce on the free spirit LO it means alot to me.

*jesse*
Idol
*jesse*

No problem Beth! It really is a great LO!

There's new smilies!!!

And here's how today went:

Ok, it doesn't take much to excite me!

My Creative Shenanigans
Idol
My Creative Shenanigans
In response to *jesse*

Jessie you and smilies are crackin me up!!!! I think that looks like my life everyday with our three dachshunds. The little critters have taken over life & home.

My Creative Shenanigans
Idol
My Creative Shenanigans

Okay Have to go for now DD needs the computer for her homework.

Page 2 of 30 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics