Page 3 of 30 
Username Post: PaperCuts ____ ____ ! (full and active)        (Topic#1453229)
janet28rn
Queen
janet28rn
In response to My Creative Shenanigans

Windwalker: Go to your profile page (on myplace) and edit your signature. You can add information about yourself, add a quote, or include challenges/groups you are in which will show up after your posts. I hope this helps!

Caught up. I haven't scrapped much lately but am loving everyone's work and getting to know you all better. Keep it up!

TableScraps
Mayor
TableScraps
In response to janet28rn

Hey all! I'm having a reallly CRAPPY night, my hubby is in a FUNK of a mood! UGH...

Anywho, i just wanted to let you all know that there is a new member jumping in...and for the life of me i can't remember her name...lol. I think it was Cilstan or something like that! LOL...but she is a fellow canadian and her gallery is FAB! so i'm sure you'll all love her!

Oh, and at Eddie Van Halen!

Edited by yoginiscraps on 02-27-08 06:52 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

ScrappySan
Expert
ScrappySan

• The Wind Walker Said:
Hi SS, Thanks so much for stopping by the gallery to critique the Free Spirit LO. The picture has rubons on it from Fancy Pants . I included the product mentioned below. This is how I came up with the title for the LO. It so mathces my DD spirit.

Thanks! Something new to put on the shopping list :-)

Saucier131
Diva
Saucier131
In response to chattycat

• chattycat Said:

I'm starting to think keeping ACU on here is a full-time job

Beth- welcome back! I was worried you were leaving us. Awesome LO! I left love in your gallery.

Shawna-sorry to disappoint. I found a better pic at age 19 that will suit this LO much better, or at least will let me scrap about good things and not the garbage, and doesn't involve an Eddie Van Halen mane. Please tell me you know who that is...

But while we're on the challenge topic, when/where do we post our finished LO? Do we just post it to the thread when we're ready? (this is my first challenge) I guess you could call me a challenge virgin.

Of course I know who Eddie Van Halen is - I am an old spirit at heart and love, love, love all music 60s, 70s and 80s! LOL! I'm not that young - almost thirty! But darn, really wanted to see that 80s hair!

Post your layout on the challenge forum then I will link it to the first page where all of the participants names are listed. Make sure in the area where you can edit your layout that you allow public embedding.

For those of you who inquired about the circles that I used on Sweet Pea's layout, they were all done on my Cricut (my PRIZED scrapbooking possession!) And the flowers (cringe) are not handmade - I bought them at Michael's for 99 cents!

Be back lateron to catch up more...going to drag my butt into work today. Have a great day ladies!

Saucier131
Diva
Saucier131
In response to TableScraps

Here's another one...kind of plain, but I really wanted to try cutting a picture up and tiling it!

[url=http://www.scrapbook.com/gallery/image/layout/ 1307003.html][img]/gallery/public /1307003_5_218451.jpg[/img][/url] She's a Fool for the Pool! By Saucier131

Lilgem
Lilgem 
Idol
Lilgem
In response to Saucier131

P.S. Beth-

you can add this topic to your favorite topics...at the bottom of this page, just click on the "add to favorite topics" link. Then on your front page you can click on your favorite topics and they are all right there for you. That way, you don't have to go searching! It's taken me months to figure out how to do everything on here...and I still don't know everything!

Lilgem
Lilgem 
Idol
Lilgem
In response to Lilgem

Good morning everyone!

celstin0406
Idol
celstin0406

Hello. Christy said I could join you ladies, as I was looking for a critique group. I'm Carolyn and I am relatively new to scrapping but I love, love, love it already. And I love this website, I learn so much and get so much inspiration.

I look forward to getting to know you all. I will try to find some time to go back through old posts and see what you've all been up to!

Thanks,

Lilgem
Lilgem 
Idol
Lilgem
In response to celstin0406

Welcome Carolyn!

Here's a new LO for me. I welcome any and all suggestions!

{Show your} BEADS By RubysMom

celstin0406
Idol
celstin0406

• yoginiscraps Said:
Hey all! I'm having a reallly CRAPPY night, my hubby is in a FUNK of a mood! UGH...

Anywho, i just wanted to let you all know that there is a new member jumping in...and for the life of me i can't remember her name...lol. I think it was Cilstan or something like that! LOL...but she is a fellow canadian and her gallery is FAB! so i'm sure you'll all love her!

Oh, and at Eddie Van Halen!

LOL! Celstin is my username, it's a combo of my kids names. But you gals can call me Carolyn

celstin0406
Idol
celstin0406

And I am very about my gallery. I definitely see some improvement in my own work but there's still so much I want to learn and try!

I will post a few pieces and you can have at 'em.

celstin0406
Idol
celstin0406
In response to Lilgem

I'm still totally scared to leave critiques in actual galleries, it makes me feel to much like a, well, like a beeeeeyatch, if you KWIM!

Anyhoo, I like the lo in general. It might be just the picture, but I think the arrow doesn't stand out enough to me. Could you outline it somehow or matt in on the same purple?

My Creative Shenanigans
Idol
My Creative Shenanigans
In response to Lilgem

Good Morning Everyone!!!

Thanks for all your help with getting the signature and links set up on my profile and forum pages. See, I learn something new everyday.

Janet thanks for the critique on the Free Spirit LO. It is so funny that you mentioned adding flowers to the upper lt hand corner of the LO I have been temped to go back and do that since I made the LO. I am going to experiment with it this evening.

Lilgem
Lilgem 
Idol
Lilgem

• celstin0406 Said:
I'm still totally scared to leave critiques in actual galleries, it makes me feel to much like a, well, like a beeeeeyatch, if you KWIM!

Anyhoo, I like the lo in general. It might be just the picture, but I think the arrow doesn't stand out enough to me. Could you outline it somehow or matt in on the same purple?

I think you're talking about my lo, right? I could possibly outline it with some glitter glue or something. I'll see what I can come up with, Thanks!

PS, it is a lot easier to see everything in person, I think it's soo much nicer looking in real life! xoxox

Lilgem
Lilgem 
Idol
Lilgem

• celstin0406 Said:
And I am very about my gallery. I definitely see some improvement in my own work but there's still so much I want to learn and try!

I will post a few pieces and you can have at 'em.

I took a peek and love your stuff!

celstin0406
Idol
celstin0406
In response to Lilgem

• RubysMom Said:
  • celstin0406 Said:

I think you're talking about my lo, right? I could possibly outline it with some glitter glue or something. I'll see what I can come up with, Thanks!

PS, it is a lot easier to see everything in person, I think it's soo much nicer looking in real life! xoxox

Yeah, some of them just don't photograph well, *sigh*. I like your lo a lot, but I didn't even notice the arrow until I read the description. But if you think it stands out enough IRL, I would trust your instincts.

AnnsWorld
Veteran
AnnsWorld

Good morning! phew! i was out the whole day yesterday and it took me the whole morning to catch up lol! i'm off to see your LO's!

keliloves
Idol
keliloves
In response to Lilgem

• RubysMom Said:
  • keliglover Said:

Audrey - I like the idea of adding some pink polka dots to the letters. I had thought of that but just didn't know what to use to put them there. I don't have a pink pen or marker that will show up on the dark brown. I will be on the lookout for one though. Any suggestions?

I saw a great technique of "stamping" polka dots by using the eraser of a pencil and dipping it into pink ink or paint. I also used the bottom of one of my paint sponges (on a stick, it had a round bottom) and stamped the bottom of it with. If you don't have ink or paint, what about cutting out your cicles from pink paper? or using pink jewels or even small pink buttons? I'm just trying to think of things that would be small enough to fit onto the letters without overlapping.

I actually thought about stamping and even have some bright pink ink. I will try it tonight and see what works. I am also going to find some flowers tonight. I am trying to make a list before I go to Hobby Lobby so I won't spend like crazy!

AnnsWorld
Veteran
AnnsWorld
In response to keliloves

• keliglover Said:

I actually thought about stamping and even have some bright pink ink. I will try it tonight and see what works. I am also going to find some flowers tonight. I am trying to make a list before I go to Hobby Lobby so I won't spend like crazy!

oh i know what you mean! i went to Michael's yesterday and i just couldn't walk out of there without a bag lol...

keliloves
Idol
keliloves

• yoginiscraps Said:
Again! Welcome to EVERYONE here!!! and just a note, i think that everyone here I invited for a reason...whether it be that you were new and i saw amazing potential, or that you were just downright amazing and we could learn from you, or that i thought that you seemed really interesting in your profile, etc etc etc...
I really think that we'll make a GREAT group!!!!
So thanks for joining!!!

I think I must be one of the ones with an interesting profile because my work does not compare to the stuff I have seen from you ladies!
I am not sure I belong in this group but I am staying because I plan on learning ALOT from you ladies!

Lilgem
Lilgem 
Idol
Lilgem

• yoginiscraps Said:

Must be that "time" for all men, my dbf was in a really funky mood too last night!!!

My Creative Shenanigans
Idol
My Creative Shenanigans
In response to Lilgem

Okay I'm back and ACU, So far I have seen some spectacular ideas and LOs. I have really enjoyed this so far and ladies I just want to thank all of you for the critiques. I think it helps me to be a better scrapbooker and push my limits on the LOs I create.

My Creative Shenanigans
Idol
My Creative Shenanigans

So here we go this is a lo from gallery that I submitted about 2 weeks ago. The problem is I know it is missing something I think it may need a tag? So have at it Ladies help me out.

Let Sleeping Dogs Lie
By The Wind Walker

keliloves
Idol
keliloves

Beth - I like this but if you think it needs a tag of some kind how about making a paw print tag.

My Creative Shenanigans
Idol
My Creative Shenanigans
In response to keliloves

Great Suggestion!!! I'm going to a Saturday crop at archivers I will see if they have a lrg. paw print die cut there.

Edited by The Wind Walker on 02-28-08 12:30 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

celstin0406
Idol
celstin0406
In response to keliloves

• keliglover Said:
  • yoginiscraps Said:
Again! Welcome to EVERYONE here!!! and just a note, i think that everyone here I invited for a reason...whether it be that you were new and i saw amazing potential, or that you were just downright amazing and we could learn from you, or that i thought that you seemed really interesting in your profile, etc etc etc...
I really think that we'll make a GREAT group!!!!
So thanks for joining!!!

I think I must be one of the ones with an interesting profile because my work does not compare to the stuff I have seen from you ladies!
I am not sure I belong in this group but I am staying because I plan on learning ALOT from you ladies!

Not at all! I like your gallery a lot. Hey, I was only allowed to join because I am Canadian

celstin0406
Idol
celstin0406
In response to keliloves

• keliglover Said:
Beth - I like this but if you think it needs a tag of some kind how about making a paw print tag.

Oooo, I like that suggestion!

ScrappySan
Expert
ScrappySan

Welcome Carolyn! Enjoy!

I have a flu with a headache which makes watching the sceen difficult so I'm not very ACU at the moment... but I have been scrapping! I should get an album done in a week so I'm trying the qiuck version.

I wish I had something more interesting than that to say but I don't unless you want to hear annoying stories about my work place

Beth - what a cute little dog! A tag with a piece of ribbon wouldn't be bad, I think, or maybe some dark brads in the corner of the mat. Thanks BTW for your uplifting comment in my gallery! I appreciate it a lot!

Keep scrapping in the free world!

Sandra

Diva
In response to PookasCrayon

• PookasCrayon Said:

All right, ladies, I need some knowledge here.

I made a mini-album earlier today for cards I've received in RAKs. I used a relatively heavy cardstock for the pages, and the covers are mat board. I used binder rings to hold it all together.

My question is, since the cards are all handmade, and can be heavy-ish, do I need to reinforce the holes on the cardstock? I have some clear reinforcements, so they won't clash and I won't have to ink them, but do I need to use them?

byondbzr
Queen
byondbzr

• PookasCrayon Said:
  • PookasCrayon Said:

All right, ladies, I need some knowledge here.

I made a mini-album earlier today for cards I've received in RAKs. I used a relatively heavy cardstock for the pages, and the covers are mat board. I used binder rings to hold it all together.

My question is, since the cards are all handmade, and can be heavy-ish, do I need to reinforce the holes on the cardstock? I have some clear reinforcements, so they won't clash and I won't have to ink them, but do I need to use them?

I would most definitely reinforce them!

byondbzr
Queen
byondbzr
In response to byondbzr

OK,I've managed to get acu! Thanks ladies for the congratulations on my album and comments in my gallery,I appreciate them!! I have done a few more LO's,please check them out and critique away!

Tiny
By Byondbzr

Stunning
By Byondbzr

byondbzr
Queen
byondbzr
In response to ScrappySan

• ScrappySan Said:

I have a flu with a headache which makes watching the sceen difficult so I'm not very ACU at the moment... but I have been scrapping! I should get an album done in a week so I'm trying the qiuck version.

I hope you feel better!

celstin0406
Idol
celstin0406
In response to byondbzr

I commented on your crackle one a few days ago, but I like the Stunning one as well. I think it's lovely!

celstin0406
Idol
celstin0406

• ScrappySan Said:
Welcome Carolyn! Enjoy!

Ugh, I hope you feel better soon. I'm fighting one heck of a cold virus and it got the better of me this afternoon so I left work early. I can hardly breathe and my voice is going. Fun!

Diva

I hope it's not the strain of influenza I had a few weeks ago. I've recovered -- all except for the cough that lingers. Everyone I know that got that particular strain (the shot didn't cover it) has had to deal with the nasty after-cough.

My Creative Shenanigans
Idol
My Creative Shenanigans

You may also want to consider the Large sized eyelets and see if the binder rings can fit through,But yes some how I would reinforce your card stock.

My Creative Shenanigans
Idol
My Creative Shenanigans

• ScrappySan Said:
Welcome Carolyn! Enjoy!

I have a flu with a headache which makes watching the sceen difficult so I'm not very ACU at the moment... but I have been scrapping! Keep scrapping in the free world!

Sandra

I hope you get better soon!!!! Eat lots of chicken soup it will cure anything. HAHAHAHA!!!

*jesse*
Idol
*jesse*

Hi Carolyn!!

Just popping on before I leave work for the day... hopefully I'll be on later.

Beth... I can imagine what it's like having 3 little dogs! Tank is a handful, and he's just a big baby. He might get wound up once a week, but that's about it!

My Creative Shenanigans
Idol
My Creative Shenanigans

Well ladies tata for now I have to to get home still at the office SYLT.

janet28rn
Queen
janet28rn

Just popping in to say hello. I am caught up on comments for the time being... talk to you all later.

Diva
In response to janet28rn

I'm pretty sure I'd have to find some much larger eyelets or grommets than the ones I have. The cardstock I used is really heavy, though, so the reinforcements -should- do the trick.

Diva

Felted ATC -- almost done
By PookasCrayon

The ATC that I needle felted tonight.

Saucier131
Diva
Saucier131

Carolyn - welcome! Mu hubbie is from MA and hates that I dragged him to the "devil" state of NY to settle down. lol!

Keli - your layouts are showing great progression and will continue to do so. You MOST DEFINITELY belong in this forum. Sometimes I take a stroll down "scrapbook" memory lane and look at my older layouts and I am always amazed by how far I have come due to the great suggestions and inspiration from others here. Look back in a month and I think you will be amazed with your progress! I still have a ways to go, but notice improvement with every layout!

Sandra - feel better soon! Being sick sucks, but it's a great time to scrap in your pjs!

Rebecca - thanks for your critique on Sweet Pea's layout - I definitely think I am going to ink around the pink border - knew it needed something but wasn't sure what, so thanks for that!

Alright, off to work (yuck!) Tonight I am having drinks with a couple girls from work so probably won't get a chance to get back on and catch up until tomorrow.

HAPPY FRIDAY EVERYONE! HAVE A WONDERFUL WEEKEND!!!

Saucier131
Diva
Saucier131

one last thing - carolyn - here is the layout where I used the (scalloped) circle I thought would look good on your layout of sleeping dogs. Just a thought - your layout looks good as is!
Everyone - this is an older layout I just uploaded - critique away!

Ithaca Commons By Saucier131

chattycat
Expert
chattycat

Good Morning ladies!
Ok- business first:

Pookas- I love your little dragonfly but I must have missed the answer to Shawna's question. What exactly is an ATC again??

Keli-EXACTLY what Shawna said. I'm hesitant to leave comments on anyone's LOs because really, if you think about it, we all scrap differently and see things a little differently but there are certain fundamental techniques (I'm not even sure if that's the right word)that apply to any style of scrapping that you are starting to use in your LOs and will continue to develop. Every time I scrap I am constantly keeping those fundamentals in mind and almost using a mental checklist to check my work when I think I'm done. Ultimately, you fall back on instinct. Does it look right? Is it visually pleasing? Do I like it? Whatever you do, don't get discouraged or compare your work to others. It's not fair to yourself-you are learning and progressing and that's why we're all here in this group. I can't wait to see your future LOs!

Hope everyone that's sick is feeling better today! I've spent the last 2 weekends with one virus or another and (knock on wood) I might actually have a good weekend!

Yesterday I worked for hours on the LO for Shawna's Letters to Me challenge and I just need to glue that sucker down and upload. Havn't really had time to scrap anything else.

Now I need some words of encouragement maybe since I'm dealing with a beeyaaatch.Had my only scrappin friend here in town yesterday strike a pretty deep blow to my scrap mojo and decided to pout last night instead of dumping on you guys.

Just dealing with an extremely competitive person(especially with scrapbooking) and I'm cutting the ties to this toxic "friend". Her whole purpose in life is to make it on a DT and make others feel crappy about their creative efforts. I actually posted on the GS board a few months back about how bad she made me feel about my supposed lack of photography skills while she showed off her new $1500 camera to me and many people on this mb had tried to warn me then but did I listen?? NO. I'm a glutton for punishment.

In other news-- I'm flying out to San Diego with hubby on Sunday for the week. He'll be in conferences every day and I'll be checking out the sites but I'm enjoying this group so much I intend to log on every once in awhile and at least leave comments/love on LOs. I probably won't have time to scrap anymore before we go and that bums me out

I'll be on here over the weekend as time permits.
Hope everyone has an awesome Friday!!

Diva
In response to chattycat

ATCs are Artist Trading Cards. The classic definition is a miniature piece of art that is 2.5" x 3.5", and is traded between artists, never sold.

Beyond that, there are really very few rules or regulations: size matters, baby! Anything you can do in a larger format -- paint, stamp, collage, draw, layer, scrapbook, etc, even quilting and felting! -- you can do on an ATC. Fibers, ribbon, buttons, flowers, mirror: there really are few "rules" to worry about.

celstin0406
Idol
celstin0406

• PookasCrayon Said:
I hope it's not the strain of influenza I had a few weeks ago. I've recovered -- all except for the cough that lingers. Everyone I know that got that particular strain (the shot didn't cover it) has had to deal with the nasty after-cough.

Oy. I think it might be more than a cold. I woke up last night achey and feverish. I'm at work today but once I finish up my appointments, I am heading home. I might go to bed, but if the scrap bug bites, I might scrap instead

Diva

I did while sick ... the winged frog card in my gallery is the result of trying to work with a 102* fever!

Keep checking your temp. If you're running a 101* or higher, it's not a cold. There's not a lot the doctor can do for the flu, since it's a virus, but make you more comfortable, however, the doc can at least verify it IS flu.

celstin0406
Idol
celstin0406

• Quote:
Carolyn - welcome! Mu hubbie is from MA and hates that I dragged him to the "devil" state of NY to settle down. lol!

LOL, well, I blame my dh that we live in the US instead of Canada

celstin0406
Idol
celstin0406

Pookas - Your dragonfly is really lovely! I also love the idea of swarovski crystals for the eyes.

Edited by celstin0406 on 02-29-08 06:33 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Diva

I've got some that I bought for the beaded dragonflies I do (I have a group of three hanging from the rearview mirror of my car), that are the perfect size, and they're the Aurora Borealis finish, so they'll really color shift like bug eyes.

I just can't figure out how to sign and date the thing.

celstin0406
Idol
celstin0406
In response to chattycat

• Quote:

Yesterday I worked for hours on the LO for Shawna's Letters to Me challenge and I just need to glue that sucker down and upload. Havn't really had time to scrap anything else.

Now I need some words of encouragement maybe since I'm dealing with a beeyaaatch.Had my only scrappin friend here in town yesterday strike a pretty deep blow to my scrap mojo and decided to pout last night instead of dumping on you guys.

Just dealing with an extremely competitive person(especially with scrapbooking) and I'm cutting the ties to this toxic "friend". Her whole purpose in life is to make it on a DT and make others feel crappy about their creative efforts. I actually posted on the GS board a few months back about how bad she made me feel about my supposed lack of photography skills while she showed off her new $1500 camera to me and many people on this mb had tried to warn me then but did I listen?? NO. I'm a glutton for punishment.

Excited to see your Letter To Me lo.

Now, this friend, do you like her beyond the scrapping? She does sound toxic and I really wouldn't have much patience for someone for whom the scrapping was all about a design team, and not about the memories, the pictures, the pure love of scrapping! I'd definitely say DO NOT scrap with her anymore, but if you have a friendship beyond that, perhaps it could be salvaged.

If not, then don't worry about it and go on your merry way. We don't need to waste our time on people like that!

My Creative Shenanigans
Idol
My Creative Shenanigans
In response to chattycat

FRIDAY HOORAY!!!!!
Good morning to all!

Pooka: Your felted dragonfly is SWEET! By the way since I'm new to this game what is ATC?

Keli: you are in the perfect place thats why we're all here to learn and lean on each other and push the limits to futher our scrapbooking skills. Here let me show you my very first LO. So you can see how far you can come in a very short time.

My Very First LO !!! By The Wind Walker

I had no idea what 12X12 LOs were. My DS and DD introduced me to this in August 2007, A few lessons later and I have been hooked ever since. Take pride in your LOs, alot of time and effort have been put into them to preserve those special memories. P.S. sb.com is the best place for me to get inspired I could spend hours in that gallery.

To all the ladies that have been ill in our forum:
GET WELL SOON WE MISS YOU!

Shawna: Thanks for the example and advise on the "Let Sleeping Dogs Lie" LO and to all the ladies that have critiqued it so far you all have come up with some wonderful solutions to this LO. Thanks for all your help.

Cathy: I'm sorry to here of your friend trouble. If I may say it is sad that your friend is so self centered that she cannot see how bad she has hurt you. I think a break away from her could do you good. I know how hard that is to do especialy when you both have something in common like SB, But thats okay we are here to fill some of the gap that losing this friend will leave. You are a real angel and deserve better anyway.

Well ladies thats all for now I will be back on and off through out the day.

Everyone have a GREAT WEEKEND!!!!!

Diva

I posted a definition up above, but basically, a mini piece of art, limited only in size (3.5" x 2.5"). I love felting, so these make fun projects. I imagine if I scrapped, they'd be great page embellishments.

Oh, and Friday -- BOO! That means a teenage and pre-teen girl at home all weekend with no relief, since they're grounded for not cleaning their rooms. I tell ya, grounding them punishes ME more! HORMONES, eeesh!

My Creative Shenanigans
Idol
My Creative Shenanigans

• PookasCrayon Said:
ATCs are Artist Trading Cards. The classic definition is a miniature piece of art that is 2.5" x 3.5", and is traded between artists, never sold.

Sorry I missed the bus on the answer to the ATC question, it took me forever to type my reply this morning I was caught up deep in thought.

Diva

Hey, I'm JUST now getting to my coffee. I didn't get to sleep till around 3 am, then the cats woke me up by stampeding across me at 6:30 and sending stuff flying all over the bedroom. Waiting till NOW for coffee was dumb dumb Pooka!

My Creative Shenanigans
Idol
My Creative Shenanigans

LOL!!! on the teens. I so totaly feel your pain. except I only have one.

Diva

Two DAUGHTERS, I might add, so there's some major cranky cattiness that goes on around here. GAAAAH indeed.

Lilgem
Lilgem 
Idol
Lilgem

pheewwww, ACU! You guys were chatty last night!

I was gone all last night with my sister doing maid of honor type stuff. She had her first dress fitting and we shopped for outfits for her bridal shower I'm throwing next Sunday. Her wedding is in June and we both just realized last night that is like, 4 short months away! Yikes!

Cathy-I'm sorry you have such a toxic friend. Scrapbooking should be about friendship and compassion and creativity I think...not about competition. That is why I like scrapbooking so much...because I fee like it is more about support and friendship than about "winning" Good luck with slowly getting her out of your life!

To everyone that is sick...feel better! It stinks being sick.

Pookas, your work is always so beautiful! I am inspired by it all. I also LOVE dragonflies.

I also feel like I am learning and growing so much, I am still not completly happy with any of my LOs when they are finished. Maybe in time, but I'm enjoying the process!

And finally, TGIF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

chattycat
Expert
chattycat

Thanks you guys for making me feel better

I really stewed over the whole thing with this girl last night and I feel like I'm ready to let it go and let her go. I've only known her since August and I thought we had alot in common but I just refused to see how nasty and well, just plain nasty she was.

Yesterday was the final straw. She pathetically copied some of my blog design(which isn't even good so now hers is really bad-heehee) and called me in the afternoon to tell me she had been scrapping and uploaded new LOs to her blog and I should check them out("but they're not worthy of DT material or anything")
Funny thing is-they look like my style of scrapping and something I would have produced. Tell me that wasn't a dig. Mean people suck. Plain and simple.

What she'll never understand, and I suspect she might be stalking me on this mb so I hope she reads this, is I don't care about any of that. I scrap for me. I want to look at my work and feel proud and have books that I love looking at in the future and sharing. It's people like her that attempt to destroy this hobby and what it's really all about. I'll get off my soapbox now.

Here's my Letter to Me challenge LO! It takes alot of cajones to post a pic like that-even if it isn't Eddie VH hair

Enjoy but don't suggest as it's done and there's no changing it and I don't want to hear if it's bad...

Oh, and if anyone knows how I can type the journaling in my LO description-it's long and kept cutting most of it out-Please lmk!!

just know

Lilgem
Lilgem 
Idol
Lilgem
In response to Lilgem

oh, and I have to say to the mother's of teen girls...having just grown out of teenhood myself...I am guilt striken by what I put my mother through when I was a teenager. I was horrible! We are the best of friends now, I just hate that I was sooo horrid!

Diva
In response to chattycat

Mean people suck, indeed. And most of the time, the best thing to do is just walk away, let em go, and spend time with people that you really like and that actually like you.

Diva

I'm lucky in that my kids aren't BAD ... they're just at the age where the girls HATE each other, and so there's lots of screaming and fighting when both are in the house.

celstin0406
Idol
celstin0406

Okay, ladies, I am going to take the plunge and post a few of my lo's for critique. And feel free to go through my gallery and critique away. I know I've made progress in the past year, but any insight would be appreciated!

This one was done as a scraplift from an lo by Heather Keller. I like it, but am a bit meh about the journaling because my handwriting isn't lovely like Heather's. Maybe I shouldn't have journaled by hand?

[image]
Passport
By Celstin0406[/image]

Diva

Well, they always say personal handwriting is best when possible. Me, my handwriting is -dreadful-. Yours doesn't look bad at all.

Diva

Nope, Carolyn, can't keep looking at your gallery -- it's causing too many baby hormone attacks! Baby factory was officially closed here 11 years ago, but that doesn't stop me from turning into goo when I see a baby.

celstin0406
Idol
celstin0406

FTR, my very first lo is something I wouldn't even upload to the gallery I still do lo's that I think are okay but not "gallery-worthy", like ones where I am trying hard to just capture a moment with pictures and get it down on paper, so they don't really have a "design".

But even looking back through my own gallery now, I can see growth and improvement over the last year and THAT's what pleases me most.

My Creative Shenanigans
Idol
My Creative Shenanigans
In response to Lilgem

• RubysMom Said:
oh, and I have to say to the mother's of teen girls...having just grown out of teenhood myself...I am guilt striken by what I put my mother through when I was a teenager. I was horrible! We are the best of friends now, I just hate that I was sooo horrid!

I had to laugh when I saw this, when I turned 21 and had my DD I called my father and said I was so sorry for being such a horrible child. It's funny how when we get older we see the errors of our ways

celstin0406
Idol
celstin0406

• PookasCrayon Said:
I posted a definition up above, but basically, a mini piece of art, limited only in size (3.5" x 2.5"). I love felting, so these make fun projects. I imagine if I scrapped, they'd be great page embellishments.

Oh, and Friday -- BOO! That means a teenage and pre-teen girl at home all weekend with no relief, since they're grounded for not cleaning their rooms. I tell ya, grounding them punishes ME more! HORMONES, eeesh!

My kids aren't grounded but they are only 15 months and 3 1/2 years. The three-yo is extremely tempermental these days, so sometimes it feels like he's a moody teenager! Ugh! This morning he got pouty just because I said hello to him

celstin0406
Idol
celstin0406
In response to chattycat

Cathy, I love your lo, and I wish I could read the journaling a little better. I especially love how the last line of journalling is cut off and separated from the rest, to emphasize it.

No critique here!

celstin0406
Idol
celstin0406

• PookasCrayon Said:
Nope, Carolyn, can't keep looking at your gallery -- it's causing too many baby hormone attacks! Baby factory was officially closed here 11 years ago, but that doesn't stop me from turning into goo when I see a baby.

Awwww. I thought we were done at two, but I've been having baby fever these days. I dunno what it is. On the one hand, I REALLY wouldn't want to get pregnant anytime soon, for a number of practical reasons. On the other, I can't stop thinking about having another little one.

I haven't even brought the subject up at all with dh because we were both pretty certain we were done at 2 and I know he wouldn't want to hear it.

*sigh*

celstin0406
Idol
celstin0406

• The Wind Walker Said:
  • RubysMom Said:

I had to laugh when I saw this, when I turned 21 and had my DD I called my father and said I was so sorry for being such a horrible child. It's funny how when we get older we see the errors of our ways

Hmmph, I was a lovely child and an even lovelier teenager and I know I didn't cause my parents a moments distress.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHA!

celstin0406
Idol
celstin0406

Okay, Pookas, don't look, this is another baby lo (as all of mine are!)...

I'd really like some hardcore critique on this. It was for a sketch challenge and I really liked it (not a great picture of the lo), but now I look at it and I think it's unpolished in some way. I think I made the pp square under everything too small, and maybe I should have matted the pictures above? Or not tried to get so many of them in? I dunno. I won't be changing it because it's all glued down but I'd be open to suggestions for next time!

[image]
munkin at play
By Celstin0406[/image]

Edited by celstin0406 on 02-29-08 08:08 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

My Creative Shenanigans
Idol
My Creative Shenanigans

• celstin0406 Said:
  • The Wind Walker Said:
  • RubysMom Said:

Hmmph, I was a lovely child and an even lovelier teenager and I know I didn't cause my parents a moments distress.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHA!

I think I hear my DD in that last quote! HAHAHAHAHA

Her Motto: What me? I don't know what your talking about. TOO FUNNY !!! LOL

Lilgem
Lilgem 
Idol
Lilgem

hey Christy- I sent you a pm!

Diva
In response to Lilgem

The biggest problem with my teen is that She Never Shuts Up. I swear, she jabbers in her sleep!

Also, why in the heck do I have blood all over my hand? Oh ... All right, how in the heck did I do THAT to a finger on the OTHER hand, and not even notice it OR the blood till it had dried?

See, this is what happens when you're totally in the craft zone -- stupid injuries.

AnnsWorld
Veteran
AnnsWorld
In response to chattycat

• chattycat Said:

Here's my Letter to Me challenge LO! It takes alot of cajones to post a pic like that-even if it isn't Eddie VH hair

Enjoy but don't suggest as it's done and there's no changing it and I don't want to hear if it's bad...

Oh, and if anyone knows how I can type the journaling in my LO description-it's long and kept cutting most of it out-Please lmk!!

just know

Great job Cathy! How funny because i've started on my LO the other day and my journaling also contains "...you will" lines lol... hopefully i finish it today or maybe this weekend!

celstin0406
Idol
celstin0406
In response to AnnsWorld

This cold is kicking my butt, so I am going home to rest.

chattycat
Expert
chattycat
In response to AnnsWorld

• AnnsWorld Said:
  • chattycat Said:

just know

Great job Cathy! How funny because i've started on my LO the other day and my journaling also contains "...you will" lines lol... hopefully i finish it today or maybe this weekend!

That is a little bizarre! I'm interested to see how everyone handles the journaling for this. You must have been thinking like I was--you really can't change the past and shouldn't cuz it would just screw everything up that you like about your present.

Can't wait to see your LO!

Lilgem
Lilgem 
Idol
Lilgem

• PookasCrayon Said:
I'm lucky in that my kids aren't BAD ... they're just at the age where the girls HATE each other, and so there's lots of screaming and fighting when both are in the house.

and ps, this too, will pass. My sister (2 years apart) and I were the same way. We just had so much to fight over because we were so close in age. the year she left for college we started to get along. My freshman year of college, 2 years later, I attended a college 40 mintues away from hers and we got really close. Now I am her maid of honor in her wedding and she is one of my bestest friends!

My Creative Shenanigans
Idol
My Creative Shenanigans
In response to chattycat

Cathy,
I just came back from your Blog Spot. You make THE BEST CARDS!!!!!! They are super amazing!. I just recently started into card making along with the scrapbooking to use my scraps and it gives me a much needed break from when I have scrapbook block. I just wish I could come up with great card LOs. Really these are truely unique.

chattycat
Expert
chattycat

Thank you Beth!!

I typed the journaling into my challenge LO description--never thought to type it in there this morning (for anyone who had trouble reading it)

Carolyn-left you some love/comments on your LOs!

Saucier131
Diva
Saucier131
In response to Lilgem

Holy cow! You girls have been busy today! I am at work but couldn't resist peeking in (I get email updates on what's going on and it's a double edged-sword because it does nothing but make it more tempting to log on)!

First of all, I love all of the chatter about my challenge! I'm glad to get the wheels in your heads turning...a little self-reflection can be a great thing! (Sometimes!)

Cathy - your layout submission rocks! Love it! Had no idea you had been in the service! Hats off to you! As for your pseudo-friend...I've had friends like that. I think you are making the right decision to cut her loose. No one needs negativity surrounding them and for her to make you feel badly about something you ENJOY and then go and try to steal your ideas?! NOT cool. Hope she's reading. We'll all blacklist her! lol!

Pooka - your dragonfly is beyond awesome. Your work is just too cool!

Carolyn - get some rest! Sounds like there are alot of nasty germs going around!

As for all the chitchat about naughty children...I am the oldest of 4 and thought I gave my parents a hard time until my sisters and brother came along. Now, I am the Golden Child! LOL! At least I had the decency to not get caught doing half the stuff I did! These fools (my siblings) get caught left and right! There is nothing my kids will be able to sneak past me - I am sure of it!

I will try to get on later tonight, but most likely I won't be able to comment on any more layouts until tomorrow - for now, I have to get back to work before they toss me out on the streets! LOL!

Have a great night all!!

janet28rn
Queen
janet28rn

Just wanted to say HI to you all and have a great weekend. I have a wedding shower out of town tomorrow but might try to scrap some on Sunday. Otherwise, next weekend is crop night for me! Hooray!

I'll chat more later. I am out to dinner with DH and my parents very soon...

celstin0406
Idol
celstin0406
In response to chattycat

• chattycat Said:
Thank you Beth!!

I typed the journaling into my challenge LO description--never thought to type it in there this morning (for anyone who had trouble reading it)

Carolyn-left you some love/comments on your LOs!

The journaling is amazing. That last line blows me away!

*jesse*
Idol
*jesse*

Wow! It's taken me awhile to catch up!

Cathy- thanks for your service! And your "friend". I had a roommate like that; people with that mentality just aren't worth the effort.

All the angst about kids... I'm glad I didn't have to deal with me. I was an only child with a REALLY bad attitude... and I lived with my grandparents. They must have wondered what they got themselves into!!

Going to another LSS tomorrow hopefully. I buy WAY too much stuff. (But as you know, you must have the perfect pp for every LO! ) I finished a LO I've been working on forever last night (the original version is in my gallery) so I should have at least that to put up this weekend. Can't wait to have some new stuff up for you all to tear into!

Have a good night!

keliloves
Idol
keliloves
In response to *jesse*

Okay ladies, here is my fixed layout that I needed your help on. Let me know how you think it turned out. Also, I am not sure about the flower in the middle. It may change.

Rosie - with changes By Keliglover

Thank everyone who left suggestions for me on this one.

And for everyone who was so encouraging to me about my "I must just have an interesting profile" post, thank you too.
I really am not down on myself about my work. In fact The layouts I have posted so far are really not my "best" efforts. The album I am working on right now is just kind of a speed scrapping project to use up tons of extra pictures and get caught up to where I want to be. Therefore, I am using mostly patterned paper , lots of pictures, and little embellishment. I still am pleased with some of them and those are mostly what I have posted here.

However, I am very excited about the suggestions that you all have left because it helps me think of ideas for the future. And I LOVE looking through the galleries and have SO MUCH I want to try.

I am also working on my dds baby album and that is where this layout will go. I am being a little more particular about what goes in it.

Anyway, sorry for being so long winded. Everyone have a great night!

Saucier131
Diva
Saucier131

• celstin0406 Said:
Okay, Pookas, don't look, this is another baby lo (as all of mine are!)...

I'd really like some hardcore critique on this. It was for a sketch challenge and I really liked it (not a great picture of the lo), but now I look at it and I think it's unpolished in some way. I think I made the pp square under everything too small, and maybe I should have matted the pictures above? Or not tried to get so many of them in? I dunno. I won't be changing it because it's all glued down but I'd be open to suggestions for next time!

[image]
munkin at play
By Celstin0406[/image]

Carolyn - I think it looks great - I would maybe bring in another pp, and a bit more embellies, but it really looks good! Great layout for multiple photos!

My Creative Shenanigans
Idol
My Creative Shenanigans
In response to keliloves

Good Morning!

Keli, Great REDUX!!! the embelishments so compliment that LO. Great Job. Well won't be on much today I have a QK meeting at our LSS and than after that a 12 hour crop hope to get alot accomplished today . Everyone have great Saturday.
SYL.

celstin0406
Idol
celstin0406
In response to keliloves

Kelly, I think this new version is much more eye-catching! Love it.

byondbzr
Queen
byondbzr

OK,acu again! I found out this morning 2 of my LO's made it into challenge polls! Congrats to you Shawna for getting in the multipic 6+ poll too!

AnnsWorld
Veteran
AnnsWorld
In response to byondbzr

Hi ladies! Ahhh nice saturday afternoon to just laze around and scrap while my husband mows the backyard lol.

Congrats Rebecca and Shawna!

I can't relate to the daughter probs as i don't have any kids yet... still working on it btw, i was miss goody two shoes growing up... my dad was pretty strict but worked out great

So here is my Letter to me challenge. I've pasted everything down so i really can't change anything anymore hehe. So critique away!

Patience By AnnsWorld

TableScraps
Mayor
TableScraps
In response to AnnsWorld

Hey Everyone! Sorry i was MIA, i was not feeling so good for the last day and a half...i was sure a KILLER headcold was coming in, but it seems to have gone away, leaving the original bad headache here to kick my butt...I REALLLY hope that i feel better soon!!!

Oh, and to the silly members who have no idea why they are here: i wrote a while back to reassure pooka, that EVERYONE is here for a reason!!!! Don't doubt it, just enjoy the ride!!!!

Saucier131
Diva
Saucier131

Hey there! Ann - great layout for the Letter to Me Challenge! I did not even know I got into the multiphoto challenge - need to check it out! Here is a layout I did for my friend Jen's birthday on Monday - it isn't gonna change now (i Sewed everything on!) lol! Glad to hear suggestions for next time!

Jen By Saucier131

celstin0406
Idol
celstin0406

This is my lo for the March colour challenge (colours were primary red, blue and yellow). It's done, not going to change, but feel free to critique, so I have ideas for next time. I know some of you might get a little at all the unused space, just begging for embellishments, but I'm the simple sort

[image]
Boys @ Play
By Celstin0406[/image]

celstin0406
Idol
celstin0406

Shawna, I love your cut off head lo. Already pm voted for it in another challenge

keliloves
Idol
keliloves

Carolyn I love your Boys @ play lo. I am scared of negative space and love it in the layouts I have seen on here. It just is not in my comfort zone. I am going to attempt it soon.

celstin0406
Idol
celstin0406
In response to keliloves

• keliglover Said:
Carolyn I love your Boys @ play lo. I am scared of negative space and love it in the layouts I have seen on here. It just is not in my comfort zone. I am going to attempt it soon.

Thanks! It wasn't actually all that intentional to have so much negative space, it's just how the design in my head played out on paper. Most of the time, I do like to get lots of pictures in too. I'm definitely not a one-picture per lo kind of gal!

Edited by celstin0406 on 03-01-08 03:22 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Diva

Negative space isn't a bad thing at all -- I wish -I- had more luck with it. My problem is knowing when to STOP!

janet28rn
Queen
janet28rn

I'm the same way on the negative space issue... I love how it looks on OTHER people's layouts... on my own I want to keep adding stuff. Sometimes I have to remind myself it is fine just the way it is (the one layout I tried to really focus on using negative space, I LOVED!)

Page 3 of 30 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics