Page 4 of 30 
Username Post: PaperCuts ____ ____ ! (full and active)        (Topic#1453229)
Saucier131
Diva
Saucier131
In response to janet28rn

Hey girls! Carolyn - thanks for the vote! Rebecca - congrats to you for making the Top 5 in the multi-photo challenge!

Have a great night everyone!!

keliloves
Idol
keliloves
In response to janet28rn

• janet28rn Said:
I'm the same way on the negative space issue... I love how it looks on OTHER people's layouts... on my own I want to keep adding stuff. Sometimes I have to remind myself it is fine just the way it is (the one layout I tried to really focus on using negative space, I LOVED!)

My biggest problem is putting too many pictures on a layout. Since I have been on here, I have seen some really inspiring layouts with one picture and also with the negative space.
Up until now my scrapping has been about getting pictures into books for people to see. I am now to the point that I want to be able to do it more for the pure enjoyment. That is why I am "speed scrapping" my old photos. I am a little obsessive compulsive and can't stand that I have so many years of pictures in boxes. I am trying to get over it and am making progress. I can't wait to try some of the things that I have seen on here. (I have already tried something new with the flowers on my Rosie LO)

lovestoscrap3000
Idol
lovestoscrap3000
In response to keliloves

hey girls..sorry i lost this thread and had to find it again. posting 2 LO's I recently did for viewing. everyone have a good weekend!

lovestoscrap3000
Idol
lovestoscrap3000
In response to lovestoscrap3000

LO # 1 for my wedding album. i love this one. wanted to keep it clean and simple..

LO for wedding book.
By Lovestoscrap3000

lovestoscrap3000
Idol
lovestoscrap3000

LO #2 for my wedding album..agian. LOL

first page of "Let them eat Cake" LO
By Lovestoscrap3000

page two of cake wedding LO.
By Lovestoscrap3000

lovestoscrap3000
Idol
lovestoscrap3000

oh yeah one more..LOL..kinda hard to see in the picture but the full title is: The best things in Life are Free. I still have to add pictures..need to get the printed since i need 5x7's. I used Basic Grey for this LO..I love how it came out. I think it is my favorite one yet..

The best things in life are free..
By Lovestoscrap3000

2nd page to the best things in life are free LO
By Lovestoscrap3000

janet28rn
Queen
janet28rn

Caught up... goodnight gals!

celstin0406
Idol
celstin0406
In response to janet28rn

Morning!

Christy, I hope your headache lets up.

Thanks for all the comments on my Boys @ Play lo. I can't remember who mentioned that the letters are hard to see, it does come across that way on here. They are better IRL, and I don't have white ones to make them stand out more so I guess they have to stay that way!

Saucier131
Diva
Saucier131
In response to celstin0406

Good morning everyone! Be back later to catch up and comment on Jessica's layouts - I have wedding shower brunch lateron this morning. Have a great day everyone!

AnnsWorld
Veteran
AnnsWorld
In response to janet28rn

Hi ladies! Thanks for the comments for my Letter to me challenge LO... just checking in...

I wanted to start a page for one of our cats... he's got a kidney disease somewhat developing to cancer (according to the vet)... it's hereditary in persians, he's getting weaker everday... so sad... oh well he's 12 years old and has lived a happy, frisky life...

Have a great sunday!

Lilgem
Lilgem 
Idol
Lilgem
In response to AnnsWorld

• AnnsWorld Said:
Hi ladies! Thanks for the comments for my Letter to me challenge LO... just checking in...

I wanted to start a page for one of our cats... he's got a kidney disease somewhat developing to cancer (according to the vet)... it's hereditary in persians, he's getting weaker everday... so sad... oh well he's 12 years old and has lived a happy, frisky life...

Have a great sunday!

Lilgem
Lilgem 
Idol
Lilgem
In response to Lilgem

jci....

My Creative Shenanigans
Idol
My Creative Shenanigans
In response to Saucier131

Okay ACU now. Good Sunday afternoon to you all. I feel very blessed I actually had a productive day of SBing yesterday with completing and correcting a mulitple amount of projects. Okay here is one of those projects. It is a Journaling Tag for "Let Sleeping Dogs Lie."
Let Sleeping Dogs Lie " Repost"
By The Wind Walker

I have alot of catch up to do so I will SYL. Hope everyone has a great start to next week and those of you that have been ill are now getting better.

P.S. Congrats to Shawna & Carolyn, keep up the good work ladies.

keliloves
Idol
keliloves
In response to My Creative Shenanigans

Beth - Great tag. It really put a finigshing touch on this LO.

chattycat
Expert
chattycat

Ok-ACU for now.

Congrats Rebecca and Shawna!
Ann-loved your Letter to Me challenge LO!
Jessica- Beautiful wedding pics! I left some comments in your gallery.
Carolyn-I'm a clean and simple LO kinda gal myself and mix it up every now and then but I truly enjoy the cleaner LOs. Left love in your gallery!
Beth-I really like the new tag-left comments for you.
Christy-I hope you're feeling better soon! We've missed you on here!

I have to catch my flight in an hour so I'll be MIA until maybe sometime tomorrow night. I have a really crappy LSS here in town and one that is getting ready to open its doors YAY! so I'm totally going LSS hopping on this trip and maybe get my hands on some new stuff from CHA. Not that I need any more sb stuff or anything...

Have a good night all!!

My Creative Shenanigans
Idol
My Creative Shenanigans
In response to chattycat

Hello Keli & Cathy thanks for cudos on the tag.

My Creative Shenanigans
Idol
My Creative Shenanigans
In response to chattycat

• chattycat Said:
Ok-ACU for now.

I have to catch my flight in an hour so I'll be MIA until maybe sometime tomorrow night. I have a really crappy LSS here in town and one that is getting ready to open its doors YAY! so I'm totally going LSS hopping on this trip and maybe get my hands on some new stuff from CHA. Not that I need any more sb stuff or anything...

Have a good night all!!

Cathy, Have a great time on your trip and remember a girl can never have enough SB stuff!
HAHAHAHAHAHHA!!!!

celstin0406
Idol
celstin0406
In response to AnnsWorld

• AnnsWorld Said:

Have a great sunday!

Poor kitty. It would be a great way to look back on him. I look forward to seeing the lo.

celstin0406
Idol
celstin0406
In response to keliloves

• keliglover Said:
Beth - Great tag. It really put a finigshing touch on this LO.

I agree, I think the tag really jazzes it up.

(Oy, I can't believe I used "jazz" as a verb...maybe I am turning into my mother after all!)

celstin0406
Idol
celstin0406
In response to chattycat

Have a great trip, Cathy

chattycat
Expert
chattycat

I'm sitting here in the airport a little bored. My flight's been delayed (as usual)and now I think I'm going to miss my connection in Atlanta.

Oh well, guess I'll peruse the gallery to eat up some time.

Lilgem
Lilgem 
Idol
Lilgem
In response to chattycat

• chattycat Said:
I'm sitting here in the airport a little bored. My flight's been delayed (as usual)and now I think I'm going to miss my connection in Atlanta.

that stinks! at least you're able to be online while you're waiting.

lovestoscrap3000
Idol
lovestoscrap3000
In response to Lilgem

thanks for the commnets on my LO's girls.

keliloves
Idol
keliloves

• celstin0406 Said:
I agree, I think the tag really jazzes it up.

(Oy, I can't believe I used "jazz" as a verb...maybe I am turning into my mother after all!)

Saucier131
Diva
Saucier131
In response to AnnsWorld

• AnnsWorld Said:

Have a great sunday!

Ann - so sorry to hear about your kitty! My heart goes out to you - my 10 year old Akita (who has arthritis) has been having a harder and harder time getting around..seems like its worse every day so I know how heartwrenching it can be to watch an illness/condition progress in an animal. Hoping for the best for you and your kitty!!!

Saucier131
Diva
Saucier131
In response to chattycat

• chattycat Said:
Ok-ACU for now.

Congrats Rebecca and Shawna!
Ann-loved your Letter to Me challenge LO!
Jessica- Beautiful wedding pics! I left some comments in your gallery.
Carolyn-I'm a clean and simple LO kinda gal myself and mix it up every now and then but I truly enjoy the cleaner LOs. Left love in your gallery!
Beth-I really like the new tag-left comments for you.
Christy-I hope you're feeling better soon! We've missed you on here!

Have a good night all!!

Cathy - Ooh I can't wait to see all the new stuff you get! Good god - this scrapbooking is so pricy! But I cannot stop! LOL!

Jessica - I LOVE your wedding layouts - especially the black and white layouts! One suggestion I have is that when you photograph your pages, roll up the tape on the back of the pages and stick them to the wall - it will help you eliminate background distraction and help you get a straight photo - I have been trying to do that lately and have had pretty good luck with it - I think it will help your layouts get noticed in the 300,000 layout gallery!

Christy - I hope you are feeling better!

Everyone - here is one I finished this morning for my sister - it was such a pain!! I won't be making changes, but am open to suggestion should I decide to stress myself out over doing a pain in the butt layout for someone else again! lol!
(PS - OMG after all of your comments, I don't even like my Ithaca Commons layout anymore! ) I so should have moved that scalloped circle - I'm going to move it as a matter of fact! LOL!

Off to work (yuck) - I HATE Mondays! Would so much rather stay home and scrap! You girls will probably be hearing from me alot this week - my hubby is in FL for a concrete convention (thrilling) so I am all by my lonesome with the pups!

Alex By Saucier131

Edited by Saucier131 on 03-03-08 04:11 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

celstin0406
Idol
celstin0406
In response to chattycat

• chattycat Said:

Hope you made your flight!

celstin0406
Idol
celstin0406

Shawna, I like your lo, but it's a little too dark, the picture doesn't stand out enough, KWIM? Could you matt the pic? Not in white but maybe some lighter colour that picks up one of the colours of the background?

celstin0406
Idol
celstin0406

Um, okay, what do you do when you think someone scraplifted you (for the exact same challenge, no less, which I think is totally weird) and doesn't mention you?

Seriously, in the colour challenge, someone cut out the EXACT SAME SHAPE I did to put her pics and title on. And I don't think it can be a fluke because I cut that shape out on my own by first cutting it out on a piece of white cardstock and then tracing it. It's not like it's a shape you can already buy in pp or cardstock.

I'm a little miffed, I have to say.

Lilgem
Lilgem 
Idol
Lilgem

• celstin0406 Said:
Um, okay, what do you do when you think someone scraplifted you (for the exact same challenge, no less, which I think is totally weird) and doesn't mention you?

Seriously, in the colour challenge, someone cut out the EXACT SAME SHAPE I did to put her pics and title on. And I don't think it can be a fluke because I cut that shape out on my own by first cutting it out on a piece of white cardstock and then tracing it. It's not like it's a shape you can already buy in pp or cardstock.

hmmm, that stinks. I don't scraplift too often, but I know sometimes I see things in LO's that I think "oooh, I wanna try that!" and I just mess around with some ideas and totally forget where I saw it first, but if it is obviously a complete scraplift...that is not right.

Monday here sucks too. It is rainy and dreary and only gonna get worse...colder with the rain turning to snow. I HATE mondays!

celstin0406
Idol
celstin0406
In response to Lilgem

• RubysMom Said:
  • celstin0406 Said:

hmmm, that stinks. I don't scraplift too often, but I know sometimes I see things in LO's that I think "oooh, I wanna try that!" and I just mess around with some ideas and totally forget where I saw it first, but if it is obviously a complete scraplift...that is not right.

Monday here sucks too. It is rainy and dreary and only gonna get worse...colder with the rain turning to snow. I HATE mondays!

Sorry you're hating Monday already!

I'm miffed not because I wouldn't be flattered that the person scraplifted, but because she entered her lo in the SAME challenge I entered mine. Ugh! It's not a total scraplift, but she really cut out the same bracket type shape that I did and I swear, I made mine up in my head, then cut out a pattern on white cs.

I guess that's what bugs me. The shape I cut out was original, and now it's not.

Lilgem
Lilgem 
Idol
Lilgem

• celstin0406 Said:
  • RubysMom Said:
  • celstin0406 Said:

Sorry you're hating Monday already!

I'm miffed not because I wouldn't be flattered that the person scraplifted, but because she entered her lo in the SAME challenge I entered mine. Ugh! It's not a total scraplift, but she really cut out the same bracket type shape that I did and I swear, I made mine up in my head, then cut out a pattern on white cs.

I guess that's what bugs me. The shape I cut out was original, and now it's not.

yea- but you still deserve credit for an original idea. You always have such beautiful Lo's-you should recieve all the credit you deserve!!!

celstin0406
Idol
celstin0406
In response to Lilgem

Shawna's currently in second place for the Cut It Out challenge. If you haven't voted, go vote!

http://www.scrapbook.com/forums/showtopic.php?tid/14547...

celstin0406
Idol
celstin0406
In response to Lilgem

Thanks, Audrey. I am just going to let it go

I feel like I've really improved of late, both in design and execution, so to see somebody take one of my ideas like that got a little under my skin.

But whatev!

Saucier131
Diva
Saucier131

• celstin0406 Said:
Thanks, Audrey. I am just going to let it go

I feel like I've really improved of late, both in design and execution, so to see somebody take one of my ideas like that got a little under my skin.

But whatev!

Checking in from work (bad habit I have developed!) LOL! Carolyn - I would be miffed too! I have only scraplifted 1 layout and I made sure to give credit. It's good your letting it go, but seriously - the same challenge?! You are a better woman than me...I'd be hunting her down. LOL! Kidding...sort of...

AnnsWorld
Veteran
AnnsWorld

• Saucier131 Said:

Ann - so sorry to hear about your kitty! My heart goes out to you - my 10 year old Akita (who has arthritis) has been having a harder and harder time getting around..seems like its worse every day so I know how heartwrenching it can be to watch an illness/condition progress in an animal. Hoping for the best for you and your kitty!!!

Thanks Shawna! Yes so sad. My husband and i are slowly getting ourselves emotionally ready because we may have to put him to sleep soon. We already know that he is no longer going to get better. He is getting weaker and weaker everyday and it just hurts us to see him like that.

AnnsWorld
Veteran
AnnsWorld

• celstin0406 Said:

Wow that must suck! I would be miffed too but on the brighter side of it, someone admired your work so much that they HAD to reflect it on their page!

celstin0406
Idol
celstin0406
In response to AnnsWorld

Oh Ann, that's so hard

AnnsWorld
Veteran
AnnsWorld

Shawna, i think the painting and doodling of your Alex LO is great! However, the pic seems lost where it currently is. Like what Carolyn suggested, matt the pic on lighter paper to make it stand out... and maybe add a little bit of journaling...

That pic reminds me of my brother, he just retired from the Navy last december... 20 years of service.

*jesse*
Idol
*jesse*
In response to AnnsWorld

Also checking in from work.

Ann, that's really sad about your kitty.

Carolyn, I'd be upset too if someone so blatantly ripped off a unique deisgn for the same challenge. I guess the bright side is that they liked it!

Cathy, hope you made your flight ok!

I just voted for Shawna's "off with her head" LO, and after I voted she was just 2 votes from first place! Way to go Shawna- it's a really neat LO.

Better go rejoin the "real" world. The good news - I'm leaving work in less than an hour. The bad news - it's to go get 2 cavities filled. YUCK! Hopefully I'll feel like sbing tonight... last night I finally started the LO I've been planning for a few weeks, and I want to get it done and up here!

SYL!

*jesse*
Idol
*jesse*
In response to *jesse*

Before I forget (again)- would any of you have a use for some Navy SB stuff? I have some Navy-themed pp and etc. that I no longer have use for and don't want to toss. (Long story- I was engaged to a sailor) Let me know if you're interested.

Saucier131
Diva
Saucier131
In response to *jesse*

Ugh. You guys are right about the Alex layout - I feel funny journaling about my little sister's boyfriend and then giving her the layout you know? I feel like she should do the journaling (and she doesn't journal because she doesn't like her handwriting). I think I will mount it though.

I changed my profile pic too - I kept thinking of Oompa Loompas when I looked at the blue! (I am so having one of those days!)

Jesse - if no one has claimed those Navy embellies - I would love them for my sister. She has been working on an album of her boyfriend (hence, my Alex layout).

Everyone - thanks for all the votes on the Cut it Out challenge! I think I have now exhausted that Off with her Head layout - even I am sick of looking at it!

celstin0406
Idol
celstin0406

Hey Shawna, the challenges you are hosting, did you just jump on in there and decide to host one? I have a couple of ideas for challenges.

Did you offer anything for the winner?

Saucier131
Diva
Saucier131

Carolyn - Yeah, I just posted a new forum post under Challenges. I did offer a prize to the winner - I asked a girl who I noticed hosted alot and she said that most of the time, you just give some stuff from your scrapping stash - whatever you can fit in an envelope (some ribbon, embellies...whatever). But I have seen and particpated in lots of challenges that were held "just for fun" with no prizes. I guess it's up to the hostess pretty much. It is really fun though - to see whatever you dream up interpreted by different scrappers - you should give it a shot!

Lilgem
Lilgem 
Idol
Lilgem

is it time to go home yet???!!!

Saucier131
Diva
Saucier131
In response to Lilgem

• RubysMom Said:

I know right?! I am not in the mood to be at work today. And to make matters worse, it is like 50 degrees out (in Central NY in March!) and we are supposed to get a huge storm tomorrow so I have like an hour of daylight to get outside before it's dark and then back to the cold!

Lilgem
Lilgem 
Idol
Lilgem
In response to *jesse*

• *jesse* Said:
Also checking in from work.

Ann, that's really sad about your kitty.

Carolyn, I'd be upset too if someone so blatantly ripped off a unique deisgn for the same challenge. I guess the bright side is that they liked it!

Cathy, hope you made your flight ok!

I just voted for Shawna's "off with her head" LO, and after I voted she was just 2 votes from first place! Way to go Shawna- it's a really neat LO.

Better go rejoin the "real" world. The good news - I'm leaving work in less than an hour. The bad news - it's to go get 2 cavities filled. YUCK! Hopefully I'll feel like sbing tonight... last night I finally started the LO I've been planning for a few weeks, and I want to get it done and up here!

SYL!

ewww cavitites...I hate getting those filled! good luck! hope you feel up to scrapping tonight!

Lilgem
Lilgem 
Idol
Lilgem

• Saucier131 Said:
  • RubysMom Said:

I know right?! I am not in the mood to be at work today. And to make matters worse, it is like 50 degrees out (in Central NY in March!) and we are supposed to get a huge storm tomorrow so I have like an hour of daylight to get outside before it's dark and then back to the cold!

ugggh, I feel your pain. We had the most beautiful weather over the weekend and today has been rainy and yucky and we have a wintor storm warning
haha, but that smiley makes me laugh!

Diva

My dh finally came home from the oil rig, so things have been crazy busy around here. I got absolutely nothing productive done yesterday, except for a few rows crocheted on my new shawl.

And now we have a 50% chance of snow tonight. In March. In TX. Crazy crazy weather. Killing my arthritis, too. Ow.

TableScraps
Mayor
TableScraps
In response to PookasCrayon

Hey all!
I am still trying to get rid of this D*MN headache!!! It's driving me nuts. But i had my blood taken for testing today, and i go to see my doc tomorrow, so you can bet that i'll be talking to her about it!!!!

Ann=sorry about your kitty!!!
Shawna=I voted for you! you were winning by ONE vote!

and sorry to the person who got scraplifted without credit!! Do you want me to beat them up?! I'm going to look up now what you are talking about....i'm soooo curious/nosy! lol

Edited by yoginiscraps on 03-03-08 01:51 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

*jesse*
Idol
*jesse*
In response to TableScraps

Wow, that must be one he11 of a headache Christy! Hope it goes away soon.

Everything went well at the dentist. That was a relief! Plus I got home and got a notice in the mail that I passed my firefighter certification that I studied on for months. That's even better- to celebrate I should do a LO.

Off to SB! Hope you all have good evenings.

Diva
In response to *jesse*

Christy -- I'd email you pain meds if I thought it would help. Still got some Imitrex here.

janet28rn
Queen
janet28rn

• celstin0406 Said:
Shawna's currently in second place for the Cut It Out challenge. If you haven't voted, go vote!

http://www.scrapbook.com/forums/showtopic.php?tid/14547...

Voted! Great job by all of you!

janet28rn
Queen
janet28rn
In response to janet28rn

Congrats on passing the test, Jesse!

Nothing new or exciting here... I am scrapping this weekend and will hopefully have lots of fun stuff to show you all very soon!

celstin0406
Idol
celstin0406
In response to janet28rn

I might just have to try my hand at setting up a challenge. It would be fun!

The weather was lovely here today too...I don't know what's on tap for New England tomorrow, but I am sure we will get more ugly weather soon enough!

Pookas, is it nice to have your dh home?

Christy, ugh about the headache. You poor thing. If you check out the colour challenge, see if you can tell which lo I think copied mine, I'd be curious if it's all in my head or not. I don't think it is.

Jesse, glad it went well at the dentist!

I am organizing and backing up photos tonight. I always hear horror stories of people's computers crashing and losing all their pics! Yikes!

Diva

Well, it SHOULD be ... but today, he's been playing with the dog, in the house (the sleet has started), and making her bark ... grrr. Plus, antagonizing the kids, and generally just acting as obnoxious as THEY are.

I swear, at dinner last night, I almost sat at another table away from the three of them.

celstin0406
Idol
celstin0406

• PookasCrayon Said:
Well, it SHOULD be ... but today, he's been playing with the dog, in the house (the sleet has started), and making her bark ... grrr. Plus, antagonizing the kids, and generally just acting as obnoxious as THEY are.

I swear, at dinner last night, I almost sat at another table away from the three of them.

LOL, I am sure he's a bit giddy to be home.

Honestly, I love my dh, but I've always wished he had a job that made him travel 3-5 days out of every month, so I could have a little more alone time

Diva

See, you get it entirely! I adore him -- when he's gone!

They just dragged me out of my warm, comfy bed to see the crazy dog playing in the snow with the kids. So much for "light accumulation." We've had at least an inch already, and it's coming down THICK. The kids just had a snowball fight with our neighbor across the street -- an adult, mind you, old enough to be their grandmother.

*jesse*
Idol
*jesse*

FINALLY!!!

I got my LO done... I also posted one of the original pages that I did in July '03 so you could see why I wanted to redo it! Now I need to redo the rest of Tank's album!

Sweet Puppy- Left (final)
By *jesse*

Sweet Puppy- Right (final)
By *jesse*

Please excuse the glare on the one... no matter what I tried, I couldn't get it to photograph decently. Argh.

*jesse*
Idol
*jesse*
In response to *jesse*

And here's the final version of a LO that was already in my gallery; not much of a change except I handmade the little duck and bubbles behind it for more interest than the orignal tag.

Tank's Bathtime (final)
By *jesse*

Diva
In response to *jesse*

I wish my dog would have slowed down at least a LITTLE bit earlier when I was trying to get pics of her playing in the snow. I only managed to get one shot where she was still enough to not be a blur.

*jesse*
Idol
*jesse*

• PookasCrayon Said:
They just dragged me out of my warm, comfy bed to see the crazy dog playing in the snow with the kids. So much for "light accumulation." We've had at least an inch already, and it's coming down THICK. The kids just had a snowball fight with our neighbor across the street -- an adult, mind you, old enough to be their grandmother.

I'd say that sounds like fun, except we've had record snowfall here this year. I'm ready for spring!

*jesse*
Idol
*jesse*
In response to *jesse*

Shawna- no one else has claimed the Navy stuff, so you can have 'em! I'll round them up and pm you when they're ready.

chattycat
Expert
chattycat
In response to *jesse*

Yikes!!

I thought I was all ACU and then Jesse posted LOs! I'll have to get to those in a minute.

Made my connection-just barely-had 15 minutes to RUN to the gate. Needless to say--guess what didn't make it?!? That's right-luggage. We got to the hotel at 10 last night (really 1am for us) and stayed up another 2 hours since Delta told us our luggage was on the next arriving flight and would be delivered to our hotel right after it arrive. WRONG. So hubby got to go to day 1 of his convention in jeans, I didn't even bother to shower this morning(felt totally gross) and decided to hang out at La Jolla Cove all day.

Sorry everyone. It was absolutely freakin gorgeous here. 76 degrees, not a cloud in the sky and I sunburned. oops.

Went to 2 LSS but unfortunately both were kinda lacking (or fortunately for my wallet) but I'm going to hit 2 more tomorrow. No new stuff to be seen. yuck!

The luggage was finally delivered this afternoon :smile :

Ann-sorry about your cat. I had to make the tough decision to put mine down 2 years ago and I know how tough it is.

Christy-get rid of that headache!!

Shawna-I'll try to comment on your Alex LO tonight

Carolyn-you have every right to be pissed. I would be for sure. I love that LO and planned on lifting your design but I'll give you total credit,and I won't post it in your challenge thread

Jesse-congrats!

Pooka-happy he's home!

Ok all-if I've missed/neglected anyone I'm truly sorry. I'm typing on 4 hours of sleep in the past 72 and I think this is it for me tonight!!

I'll try not to brag so much about the weather tomorrow!! If it's any consolation-this vacation is costing us a butt-ton...

Saucier131
Diva
Saucier131
In response to *jesse*

Jesse - hooray on the certification! And yay for the Tank layouts! I am just a sucker for animal layouts and for BIG GOOFY dogs!

Carolyn - I gotta see this scraplift..the curiosity is killing me! I'm checking it out after I finish posting here.

And WOO HOO! I won the cut it out challenge by one vote! Have to say...all of the layouts were super cool.

So I just got home from a birthday dinner with my friend Jen (who by the way loved her button layout!) and I am so tired but it's so WEIRD to be home without the hubby! (He's in FL if you recall.) I am usually sound asleep by now but every time the wind blows my "protectors" go into a barking frenzy and run downstairs ready to ward off imaginary intruders! Ugh...it's gonna be a LONG night!

Off to see the infamous scraplifter and comment on Jesse's layouts - ttyl!

Saucier131
Diva
Saucier131
In response to chattycat

• chattycat Said:
Yikes!!

I thought I was all ACU and then Jesse posted LOs! I'll have to get to those in a minute.

Made my connection-just barely-had 15 minutes to RUN to the gate. Needless to say--guess what didn't make it?!? That's right-luggage. We got to the hotel at 10 last night (really 1am for us) and stayed up another 2 hours since Delta told us our luggage was on the next arriving flight and would be delivered to our hotel right after it arrive. WRONG. So hubby got to go to day 1 of his convention in jeans, I didn't even bother to shower this morning(felt totally gross) and decided to hang out at La Jolla Cove all day.

Sorry everyone. It was absolutely freakin gorgeous here. 76 degrees, not a cloud in the sky and I sunburned. oops.

Went to 2 LSS but unfortunately both were kinda lacking (or fortunately for my wallet) but I'm going to hit 2 more tomorrow. No new stuff to be seen. yuck!

Ann-sorry about your cat. I had to make the tough decision to put mine down 2 years ago and I know how tough it is.

Carolyn-you have every right to be pissed. I would be for sure. I love that LO and planned on lifting your design but I'll give you total credit,and I won't post it in your challenge thread

Jesse-congrats!

Pooka-happy he's home!

Ok all-if I've missed/neglected anyone I'm truly sorry. I'm typing on 4 hours of sleep in the past 72 and I think this is it for me tonight!!

I'll try not to brag so much about the weather tomorrow!! If it's any consolation-this vacation is costing us a butt-ton...

Sorry - just backed up the thread and saw your layout - glad you made your flight and would LIKE to feel sorry for the late luggage and lack of shower but I would go showerless and luggage-less for a WEEK for 75 and sunny and to hang in La Jolla Cove all day! (In my shades for the sun...get it?! LMAO! I am so losing it..Delirious!)

I gotta tell ya Cathy - there's just something about your posts that always makes me chuckle...always an underlying tone of humor and I just totally dig it! All you girls really rock!

Pooka - I was laughing so hard about your hubby stories - isn't it amazing?! They are just really large children underneath it all! And wow! Snow in TX? I drove through once moving back cross country from Cali and it freaking rained in every state we went through (including TX). We are supposed to go to a reunion for my hubby's Marine Corps. platoon on San Padres Island in July...ever been? Any advice on spots to check out?

Okay, seriously now - off to comment!

chattycat
Expert
chattycat

Don't hate me...

keliloves
Idol
keliloves

• celstin0406 Said:
Christy, ugh about the headache. You poor thing. If you check out the colour challenge, see if you can tell which lo I think copied mine, I'd be curious if it's all in my head or not. I don't think it is.

I already looked and I could tell right away. Your's was way better though.

keliloves
Idol
keliloves

• PookasCrayon Said:
See, you get it entirely! I adore him -- when he's gone!

I am sooooo with you there! My dh works for Union Pacific railroad and is usually gone around 36-48 hours at a time. He is home anywhere between 8 hours and waaaaaaayyyyyy to freakin long! If he is home for more than 3 days, he is making me crazy!
I love him very much but I have my limits!

keliloves
Idol
keliloves
In response to keliloves

Okay sorry to post three in a row but I have just finished 2 layouts that I am really proud of. I will be taking new pics tomorrow because these didn't turn out great. But I wanted to show them so I went with crappy pics tonight.
I have never made tags before and These layouts needed something so I gave it a try. I like the way they turned out. I took close ups of them so you could see them better.
The layouts are just alike but different colors and embellies. Kind of equal but opposite. I couldn't find great letters for the titles but I may change that later if I find some I like.

Beauty
By Keliglover

Beauty Tag
By Keliglover

Handsome
By Keliglover

Handsome Tag
By Keliglover

I am thinking about maybe some ribbon down the side opposite the tags. What do yall think?

oh, and so I don't have to post another time tonight ....

Shawna - congrats on the win.

Cathy - just kidding, I hope it is a great trip for you!

Jesse - on my way to comment right now. They look good from what I could see on your post though. I am a sucker for big goofy dogs too!

Christy - I hope you get to feeling better

Ann - sending you for your kitty

Good night All

celstin0406
Idol
celstin0406
In response to *jesse*

Morning, ladies. Jesse, I like the new lo's!

celstin0406
Idol
celstin0406
In response to chattycat

• chattycat Said:
Yikes!!

Jesse-congrats!

Pooka-happy he's home!

Ugh, Cathy what a rough first day of your vacay!

And you'd be WELCOME to lift my lo, I find it flattering that anyone would want to, I'm just annoyed that she entered it into the same challenge

Hope the other lss turn up some new finds.

celstin0406
Idol
celstin0406
In response to chattycat

• chattycat Said:
Don't hate me...

Too late! It's a lovely day here in Boston but it's suppose to get c-c-cold again by the end of the day. Ugh!

celstin0406
Idol
celstin0406
In response to chattycat

• chattycat Said:
Don't hate me...

Too late! It's a lovely day here in Boston but it's suppose to get c-c-cold again by the end of the day. Ugh!

celstin0406
Idol
celstin0406

Keli, I only posted on one of your lo's because I am short on time, but they are lovely. I really like the two together, one for each child, and I love the big pics. I probably wouldn't add anything else, it might be too much and detract from the pics.

Saucier131
Diva
Saucier131

Good Tuesday morning girls! I did finally get some sleep last night (MAYBE 4 1/2 hours...) and the dogs quieted down a bit. Up at 5 to work on my sisters layout - I am sending a few layouts I did for her in a care package that I hope to get done tonight and out tomorrow.

Keli - I am off to check out your layouts shortly but from these posts...wowza! I am impressed! The tags look fabulous!

Sandra - same with you - I saw yours in the Gallery and love it but will be stopping by shortly.

Here is the layout I finished for my sister this morning. Thanks for all of your comments that I have received already on this. I would prefer no critiquing because it is staying the way it is - it's special to me and I love it just the way it is now. I am incredibly proud (and protective) of my sister and admire the fact that she stepped up to get a handle on her issues. When she was home she was at my house every day and there's just an empty spot without her around. And, of course, I miss her terribly all the time!

Have a great day everyone! I'll be checking back later as work permits!

Missed By Saucier131

keliloves
Idol
keliloves

Shawna your layout for your sister is beautiful! I wouldn't change a thing anyway!

celstin0406
Idol
celstin0406

I had no critique as it was

Hope rehab really helps her. She looks like a sweet wonderful girl.

My Creative Shenanigans
Idol
My Creative Shenanigans

Hello All,
Sorry about being AWOL! I work in a very busy orthopedic practice and time is precious. So here it goes. Thanks to all for the comments on the new tag for the Dog LO.

Ann: I am so sorry to here about your sweet kitty it is so sad to see them suffer and not be able to help them, You are in my thoughts.

Carolyn: I was so miffed to hear another had possibly scraplifted from you. Just remember cheaters never win. Your LO is way better.

Jesse: Congrats on the FF Certificate. I have many friends who are FF and that has to be one of the hardest and most intense jobs out there (especially if you are a woman.) So GREAT JOB!!!!
I left you love in the gallery on your LOs. Tank is such a cutie!P.S. Your braver than I am,I hate the dentist.

Christy: It was great to hear from you again. Thought we lost you to the great scrapbook beyond. Hope your head feels better soon. Being sick SUCKS!!!!

Shawna: I am so glad to hear you won the challenge!!! Sorry to hear about your sister, recovery is a great big challenge and I will be keeping her in my thoughts and prayers. I hope she makes a full recovery.

Pooka: I just died laughing about you wanting to leave the family and eat at your own table. I have been there done that! Glad to see your hubby is back home safe for now.

And last but not least Cathy: I am so glad you made your flight and are having a good time. Just think about all us who are freazing our A$$*$ off.
Loved the picture you posted. Have a great time and I hope you bring back lots of fun SB goodies.
Did you ever get your luggage?

If I have forgotten anyone I am sorry. I have to do this on the fly. Hopefully I will be ACU tonight. Everyone stay warm, looks like alot have us are being affected by the cold weather. SYL

Lilgem
Lilgem 
Idol
Lilgem
In response to *jesse*

• *jesse* Said:
Wow, that must be one he11 of a headache Christy! Hope it goes away soon.

Everything went well at the dentist. That was a relief! Plus I got home and got a notice in the mail that I passed my firefighter certification that I studied on for months. That's even better- to celebrate I should do a LO.

Off to SB! Hope you all have good evenings.

CONGRATS!!

*jesse*
Idol
*jesse*
In response to Lilgem

Thanks for your comments! I had a great day yesterday because of my certification and finally completing a LO! It's really fun to read your comments.

Thanks for the picture Cathy! It's about 15 degrees here!

Better get back to work- just wanted to check in and have a laugh. You're all so funny, it perks up my loooong day at work.

AnnsWorld
Veteran
AnnsWorld
In response to *jesse*

Good afternoon ladies! Just checking in... thanks for all the love!

I will be out the rest of the afternoon so i'll check your LO's maybe tonight or tomorrow... we're going to the vet so anyway, here's the LO i did for my kitty... this pic was taken last month when he was standing on the couch with his tongue stickin' out - he loves to do that! lol! the pic was edited in photoshop elements...

Have a great day ahead!

Mr. Fluff By AnnsWorld

Diva
In response to Lilgem

I swear, he comes home, totally disrupts the schedules we've fallen into, and acts just as bad as the kids for the first few days.

Last night in bed, he was, ah, particularly gassy, let out a massive nasty foul one, looked at me, grinned, and said "Didja miss me?"

ARGH!

*jesse*
Idol
*jesse*
In response to AnnsWorld

Ann, since it's a sad time for you, I hate to put it this way, but your LO of your kitty is really fun. The striped paper, the colors, and the embellishments are really cool.

for you and your kitty!

*jesse*
Idol
*jesse*

• PookasCrayon Said:
I swear, he comes home, totally disrupts the schedules we've fallen into, and acts just as bad as the kids for the first few days.

Last night in bed, he was, ah, particularly gassy, let out a massive nasty foul one, looked at me, grinned, and said "Didja miss me?"

ARGH!

The other night we were watching "Epic Movie" and there is a scene where the lion-man dude was in bed with several girls, and he "erupted" then pulled the covers over their heads and said "Dutch Oven!" My boyfriend found that particularly entertaining- thankfully he stops short of doing it!!

Diva
In response to *jesse*

Meh. Ann, I feel like a jerk here. I'm sorry I haven't said anything about such a sad situation. It's hard for me, having lost one of my own, and one of my dearest friends just lost one on Saturday. I definitely feel your pain. Saying goodbye to a beloved pet is definitely like losing a member of the family.

I'm so sorry.

Lilgem
Lilgem 
Idol
Lilgem

hi everyone! you guys have been chatty! I won't even go into the details about how hilarious dbf thinks passing gas is...ughh.

Cathy-did you get your luggage yet? I'm jealous of the weather you're in.

Shawna-your LO is beautiful.

Huggs again, Ann. I will be devastated when it's Ruby's time to go (my kitty)

janet28rn
Queen
janet28rn
In response to Lilgem

Chatty gals is right! I like it though!! I can hardly keep up with you all and I am sorry I'm not leaving individual comments.

Keep the layouts coming! If you're lucky (haha) you'll see some from me this weekend (I know I keep promising this, but this is my scrapping weekend this month!)

My Creative Shenanigans
Idol
My Creative Shenanigans
In response to AnnsWorld

Ann,
This lo is so awsome and in the future it will have tons of meaning. You will be so glad you have it. I just LUV IT!!! We are all thinking about you. Hope all goes well at the vet.

My Creative Shenanigans
Idol
My Creative Shenanigans

Okay here is a really funny LO. I made this the same night that the dog in the picture ate 3 pairs of my DD flip flops. See we call her the flip flop queen that all she waers it could be -32
degrees and she would be in a pair. Crazy kid! Anyhow the poor little dog was hiding behind my DH to keep from being "de-fanged" by my DD. I just had to scrap the pic it was too cute and I had the perfect PP on had for the job.So here it is enjoy and TFL.

D is for ......
By The Wind Walker

Saucier131
Diva
Saucier131

Beth - off to comment on your layout momentarily...but I have to tell you - I freaking LOVE it!! What a riot!

Ann - been thinking about you and your vet visit all afternoon. Really hoping you got some good/better news than the last time. Your layout is fantastic.

Everyone - with regard to the "Dutch Oven"...sadly, I have been on the receiving end of one of these rancid episodes. My hubby thinks it's the funniest thing in the world. Men.

AnnsWorld
Veteran
AnnsWorld
In response to *jesse*

• *jesse* Said:
Ann, since it's a sad time for you, I hate to put it this way, but your LO of your kitty is really fun. The striped paper, the colors, and the embellishments are really cool.

for you and your kitty!

Thanks! i really wanted to make the page a fun one to eliminate all the sadness.

AnnsWorld
Veteran
AnnsWorld
In response to AnnsWorld

Thanks for all the love and thoughts ladies! I feel better now. We did go to the vet and decided to put him down. He was just suffering way too much and there was really nothing we could do to make him better. Sad but happy that he's free from all the pain now.

Thanks as well to those who commented on my LO! I saw that bird sticker from K&Company and thought it would be perfect for this one.

I haven't had the chance to look at the other LO's just yet... but i will tomorrow... it's been a long, tiring day here so going to bed...

Have a great evening!

AnnsWorld
Veteran
AnnsWorld
In response to AnnsWorld

oh... and thanks Jesse for your comment on my "Civil Wedding" LO!

AnnsWorld
Veteran
AnnsWorld

• Saucier131 Said:

And WOO HOO! I won the cut it out challenge by one vote! Have to say...all of the layouts were super cool.

Congrats Shawna! You deserve it! I agree, all the other layouts were cool as well.

AnnsWorld
Veteran
AnnsWorld
In response to keliloves

• keliglover Said:
Okay sorry to post three in a row but I have just finished 2 layouts that I am really proud of. I will be taking new pics tomorrow because these didn't turn out great. But I wanted to show them so I went with crappy pics tonight.
I have never made tags before and These layouts needed something so I gave it a try. I like the way they turned out. I took close ups of them so you could see them better.
The layouts are just alike but different colors and embellies. Kind of equal but opposite. I couldn't find great letters for the titles but I may change that later if I find some I like.

I am thinking about maybe some ribbon down the side opposite the tags. What do yall think?

oh, and so I don't have to post another time tonight ....

Shawna - congrats on the win.

Cathy - just kidding, I hope it is a great trip for you!

Jesse - on my way to comment right now. They look good from what I could see on your post though. I am a sucker for big goofy dogs too!

Christy - I hope you get to feeling better

Ann - sending you for your kitty

Good night All

Hi Keli! These LO's look great as it is... i like the embellies but maybe matt the photos on darker paper and i think a darker title would make it stand out more.

AnnsWorld
Veteran
AnnsWorld
In response to AnnsWorld

okay i decided to check out the LO's anyway! i couldn't resist! lol! and now i am REALLY off to bed! Good night!

Saucier131
Diva
Saucier131
In response to AnnsWorld

Good morning everyone!

Ann - sorry about your kitty but if he was suffering, you no doubt did the most unselfish and caring (not to mention HARD) thing an owner can do. You stopped the pain. Still so sad!

On another note, I did this layout last night and wasn't happy with it when I went to bed, and was even LESS happy with it when I got up. Did I overdo it or is it missing something? I can't figure it out! (Since I am inviting ALOT of criticism on this one, if you would, please critique me here - I don't feel up for a public lashing in the comments on this one. It needs too much! LOL!) Here you go - have at it!

Learn from the Lion
By Saucier131

My Creative Shenanigans
Idol
My Creative Shenanigans

Shawna,

Actually I LUV this lo. It is so unique and inspirering. I don't believe that I would change a thing. P.S. left you some love in your gallery.

My Creative Shenanigans
Idol
My Creative Shenanigans
In response to AnnsWorld

Ann,

So sorry about your sweet kitty. I wish there had more that could have been done. You did the right thing.

Page 4 of 30 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics