Page 5 of 30 
Username Post: PaperCuts ____ ____ ! (full and active)        (Topic#1453229)
celstin0406
Idol
celstin0406
In response to AnnsWorld

• AnnsWorld Said:
Thanks for all the love and thoughts ladies! I feel better now. We did go to the vet and decided to put him down. He was just suffering way too much and there was really nothing we could do to make him better. Sad but happy that he's free from all the pain now.

Thanks as well to those who commented on my LO! I saw that bird sticker from K&Company and thought it would be perfect for this one.

I haven't had the chance to look at the other LO's just yet... but i will tomorrow... it's been a long, tiring day here so going to bed...

Have a great evening!

Hugs, Ann. I am so sorry. I've never had to put a pet down myself yet although I know my mother has.

celstin0406
Idol
celstin0406
In response to Saucier131

• Saucier131 Said:
Good morning everyone!

Ann - sorry about your kitty but if he was suffering, you no doubt did the most unselfish and caring (not to mention HARD) thing an owner can do. You stopped the pain. Still so sad!

On another note, I did this layout last night and wasn't happy with it when I went to bed, and was even LESS happy with it when I got up. Did I overdo it or is it missing something? I can't figure it out! (Since I am inviting ALOT of criticism on this one, if you would, please critique me here - I don't feel up for a public lashing in the comments on this one. It needs too much! LOL!) Here you go - have at it!

Learn from the Lion
By Saucier131

I think it's good, Shawna. I'm not a bling person myself, but I think it works for the lion theme very well. No real critique here.

celstin0406
Idol
celstin0406
In response to celstin0406

Morning, ladies.

What IS IT about men and farting? My dh loves to let 'em rip and then pretend he doesn't know where it came from. So juvenile!

Lilgem
Lilgem 
Idol
Lilgem

just passing through this morning...so stressed out with life right now!

Ann- you did the right thing, I'll be thinking of ya!

Shawna-that LO is so much better than my best LO...!! Great job!

Beth-Super cute Lo! love the way you put the pic inside the "D"

gonna go leave some love, when I get the chance!

xoxoxox

Diva
In response to Lilgem

Trade you, Carolyn. Mine brags.

*jesse*
Idol
*jesse*
In response to PookasCrayon

Ann, that must have been SO hard.

Shawna, I'm not going to be much help on your lion LO. I really like it, but at the same time there is something I don't like, but I can't put my finger on it. The photo is awesome though!

I'm very happy my boyfriend isn't obsessed with farting- just thinks it's funny when it's in a movie or something like that. I swear, my ex lived to fart, and it got old really fast.

You've all been putting up some nice LOs!
Happy Wednesday... halfway to the weekend!

celstin0406
Idol
celstin0406

• PookasCrayon Said:
Trade you, Carolyn. Mine brags.

Fortunately, with two little, impressionable children around, I've got a good excuse to get on his case about simply saying excuse me. My 3 year old is so fascinated with bodily functions these days and thinks they are hilarious and I know dh doesn't want him to have bad manners!

Diva

Way too late here, he already has my 11 y.o. DAUGHTER doing it. *face desk*

ScrappySan
Expert
ScrappySan

Hi girls!

I haven't been here for a few days and you've written 9 pages! I see here on this page you've had some very deep discussions

I'm still not ACU and haven't had much time to visit your galleries either but it's because of this group that I've been busy... When I joined I said I won't have time to scrap in a while, but then I got inspiration because of the group and thanks to the flu (thanks for the greetings by the way) I've had a lot of time to scrap - so now my album for my mom's birthday is finished! I had already given up getting it ready, but now I've been scrapping every single vacant second and I made it. Her BD is today but I'll see her on Sunday and I'm so happy I'll have something valuable to give her.

I was here one time and stopped to look at Beth's crackled chipboard and ended up shopping for crackle paint and some more and there went a couple of hours...

Hope I'll get to be caught up sometime next week and have the time to leave some marks in your galleries! Now I'm exhausted - made a one-day trip to Norway two days ago which took 21 hours and I was already tired after all the scrapping so instead of seeing Oslo I went to the airport and slept on a couch...

Have a great day!

Hugs, Sandra

ScrappySan
Expert
ScrappySan
In response to ScrappySan

... I forgot to say that I wanted to put my LO:s here for suggestions, but I don't have more time to fix anything anyway, so I found it unnecessary. I'm still open for critique "for future use"

Saucier131
Diva
Saucier131
In response to My Creative Shenanigans

Ok, so I only have 2 seconds because one of the attorneys I work for is being a pain in the you-know-what but I just had to vent.

I am so sick of pompous, self-centered/serving idiots I could scream. No wonder everyone hates lawyers. LOL! Why is it that I am doing all the work and someone else is getting all the credit? In sum, I work for one of the biggest goombas in the state of NY. Just thought I'd share. Anyone know of any lawfirms in NY that are hiring??? LOL! Kidding, kidding. I'm stuck here. I need a raise. And a nap. And another raise.

Hanging with my mom tonight so won't be on much but will get all acu in the morning. See you all later! (That little blue guy is me right now! lol!)

AnnsWorld
Veteran
AnnsWorld

just checking in ladies... thanks again for all the thoughts... i'm feeling better now, great day outside... i'm stuck on the couch! i'll probably scrap a bit later.

Shawna, i know how you feel! i used to work with people like that and i swear i can punch them in the face lol! just stand up and make yourself known for what you do or have done...

My Creative Shenanigans
Idol
My Creative Shenanigans

Oh Shawna, I can completely relate! I work with surgeons all day. Same problem different field. They make ya . Well gotta go CU later.

chattycat
Expert
chattycat

So, I'm done reading the 5 pages you all wrote in the past couple days and YES--I received the luggage Monday morning! Just 12 hours after Delta promised it. Not too bad,huh?

Been a little busy here. Spent 6 hours at the zoo today and lady luck was on my side--I got to see a baby panda (7 mos old). Most adorable little thing! I will be a scappin fool when I get home.

Tomorrow's my last day here before flying back on Friday. I'm already exhausted. I did find 2 amazing LSS-well, one was a stamp store but I'm kinda into that too so it was fun. Still not a lot of new stuff so I didn't bust the shopping budget.

Ann-hugs to you! I had to put my kitty down 2 years ago,dh was deployed at the time and I had to make the decision alone and I feel your pain.

Shawna-the lion LO ROCKS!! You're crazy. I havn't had to work for any a**holes for awhile now but you totally brought me back there for a second. It's kinda how I feel about Californians right now. (sorry if I offended anyone) Hubby and I went to our little coffee shop we've been frequenting every morning and he just now commented this morning on how snooty and pretentious everyone is here. Everyone playing their part in the coffee shop. whatever. At least we didn't have to pay 6 million dollars for a shack.

AND-I was nearly killed on the 15 yesterday. I think I'm ready to go home.

Everyone, I commented on some LOs and I'll get to those that I missed in the next few days.

Good night all!!

Saucier131
Diva
Saucier131
In response to chattycat

Audrey - thanks for the compliment on my lion layout - but totally not true! Your layouts are FANTASTIC!

Sandra - so awesome that you were inspired enough to get the album done for your mom! She is Sooo going to love it!

Everyone - thank you for your comments on my lion layout! It's funny the one that I was thinking would get the most criticism got the least - just goes to show how different all of our brains work. And funny enough, the more comments I got from you guys, the more it grew on me and now I have decided that it will officially stay just the way it is!

Alright - gotta get some sleep. Want to stroll around Sandra's gallery some more in the morning and check out more of the awesome album!

TTYL - Have a great night!

My Creative Shenanigans
Idol
My Creative Shenanigans

Good evening,
I am acu and I was experimenting with making a shaker tag. Here it is.

Love shaker tag
By The Wind Walker
What do you think?
Well gotta go catch some ZZZZZ's or I'll look like this guy in the morning SYL

Edited by The Wind Walker on 03-05-08 09:03 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

keliloves
Idol
keliloves

jesse - I totally flaked when I finished posting the other night. I intended to go comment on your layouts and got sleepy. My dh came in and made me go to bed when he saw my head bob. I just realized that I never got there. I left you some love now.

beth - love that shaker tag!

shawna - I loved your lion LO. sorry you had such a crappy day!

pooka - you crack me up!

sandra - I promise to check out your layouts tomorrow. I too have been inspired and have gotten so much done and so many ideas from here.

To everyone who posted on my recent layouts - Thank you for the compliments. I haven't found letters that I like yet so for now they are staying white.

I will try to check in tomorrow from work. Night everyone!

Saucier131
Diva
Saucier131
In response to chattycat

• chattycat Said:
So, I'm done reading the 5 pages you all wrote in the past couple days and YES--I received the luggage Monday morning! Just 12 hours after Delta promised it. Not too bad,huh?

Been a little busy here. Spent 6 hours at the zoo today and lady luck was on my side--I got to see a baby panda (7 mos old). Most adorable little thing! I will be a scappin fool when I get home.

Tomorrow's my last day here before flying back on Friday. I'm already exhausted. I did find 2 amazing LSS-well, one was a stamp store but I'm kinda into that too so it was fun. Still not a lot of new stuff so I didn't bust the shopping budget.

Ann-hugs to you! I had to put my kitty down 2 years ago,dh was deployed at the time and I had to make the decision alone and I feel your pain.

Shawna-the lion LO ROCKS!! You're crazy. I havn't had to work for any a**holes for awhile now but you totally brought me back there for a second. It's kinda how I feel about Californians right now. (sorry if I offended anyone) Hubby and I went to our little coffee shop we've been frequenting every morning and he just now commented this morning on how snooty and pretentious everyone is here. Everyone playing their part in the coffee shop. whatever. At least we didn't have to pay 6 million dollars for a shack.

AND-I was nearly killed on the 15 yesterday. I think I'm ready to go home.

Everyone, I commented on some LOs and I'll get to those that I missed in the next few days.

Good night all!!

Cathy - what zoo did you go to? I LOVED the San Diego zoo when I was out in Cali. And I SO hear you about the pretentiousness (or however you spell it) of Californians (no offense to anyone). But in general, that was something we found to be the biggest turnoff when deciding whether or not to stay in Cali after my hubby finished active duty. Especially in Palm Springs, where we were looking at living. (Stationed right up the hill in the strangest town I've ever lived in...29 Palms). In any case, enjoy the rest of your vacation Cathy - it'll feel good to get home. Amazing how much you appreciate home after being away for a bit!

So I ended up submitting the lion layout in the Bling challenge...it is blingy if nothing else! lol! I guess I am just not used to putting so much sparkle on a page and that may be why it appeared so "off" to me.

Okay, so I am off to get ready to go back to work and deal with a bunch of a**holes again. Good times! (not so much.)

TTYL!

My Creative Shenanigans
Idol
My Creative Shenanigans

Good Morning,

Just a line to say HI! I wanted to say thanks for all the comments on the D lo and the Shaker tag.
I had so much fun expiramenting on that.
well have to heavy clinic day. Syl

Lilgem
Lilgem 
Idol
Lilgem

good morning everyone. Is it Friday yet?? SO close!

Beth-Love the shaker tag!! I wanna do one-did you make it off of a template?

Cathy-so glad to hear you got your luggage! A baby Panda?? My favorite! Can't wait to see the pictures.

I finally got a chance to do some scrapping last night, but just wasn't too happy with the end result, so I didn't adhere anything down. I like the clean and simple look, but sometimes it all just ends up looking...plain and safe....boring! GA! I tried stitching too, I hand stitched some snowflakes onto navy blue paper and after it took me forever, the end result is just that it is really hard to see the stitches on the dark ppr. But, dbf has a class tonight (conversational spanish) from 7-10, so I'll be home alone tonight and might be able some more scrapping done.

Shawna-sorry to hear you work for stuckup people. You're a strong person; if anyone is mean to me or stuck up I tend to cry. I'm a cry baby like that, lol!

My Creative Shenanigans
Idol
My Creative Shenanigans
In response to Lilgem

Hey Girl!

Thanks for all the love in the gallery today. I just typed in shaker tag + scrapbooking into my search bar and there are about a billion sites and several different techniques to use to make it. This one does not shake as well as I would like it to. I need to find some thicker foam tape of double up on the tape to make it thicker so it will shake better. Oh well I had fun making it anyway.

Diva

I use fun foam to do it -- you can buy different thicknesses, or just double them up.

*jesse*
Idol
*jesse*

I just typed a long post and then my browser locked up!!! And I don't have time right now to re-type....

Anyways, just wanted to check in. I'll check galleries, etc. later!

*jesse*
Idol
*jesse*
In response to *jesse*

Ok, I just can't stay away! I just checked out my gallery and wanted to say thanks for the comments.

Deanne- those are terrycloth letters on the bath LO! It's a Jolee's sticker.

AnnsWorld
Veteran
AnnsWorld
In response to *jesse*

Good evening! I didn't get to scrap today but will get at it tomorrow... thanks for the additional comments btw on my cat and patience layouts!

Audrey, i printed the journaling and mounted it on foam then used foam adhesives... so it gives it that shadow effect and makes it look like 3D

Diva
In response to AnnsWorld

Really?? Okay, Jolee's has just gone and impressed me. At least in the photo of the LO, those look like you took a washrag apart!

janet28rn
Queen
janet28rn

More busy and chatty gals... I am just stopping in to say HI!

AnnsWorld
Veteran
AnnsWorld
In response to janet28rn

I was always wondering what all the acronyms meant on this site... and i saw this link in one of the forums... not sure if you've seen it but my gosh that is a loooong list! lol!

http://www.scrapbook.com/forums/showpost.php?post/34861...

chattycat
Expert
chattycat
In response to AnnsWorld

All ACU again. I'm ready to go home.

Shawna-It WAS the SD zoo and the last time I went was about 4 years ago in the middle of summer and it was too hot for the animals so we didn't really see s**t. This time was just amazing with this baby panda that I had no idea about beforehand. I think you totally made the right decision not staying out here! Hubby and I were both stationed at DLI up in Monterey for about 3 years and while we LOVED the area we HATED the snootiness. Made it extra hard living on a military paycheck there too. But-you're right-I had a great time out here but it's made me appreciate where we live and the slower pace of things. They want to think they're "laid back" out here but I find the opposite to be true.
Hope you had a better day at work :smile :

Sandra-your birthday album is AWESOME!!! You've opened my eyes to more ideas working with that BG paper!!

Beth-loved your shaker tag!

Jesse-Awesome LOs!! I love scrappin my dog too and really need to get her puppy pages done. Left you love!

Audrey-you should glue those suckers down and post a page or 2 so we can see what you think is "boring". Clean and simple can seem that way but maybe not to others. I love the simplicity of CS LOs so let's see 'em!!

It's Survivor and Lost night tonight so since you can see where my priorities lie, I'll be saying goodnight now...

Can't wait to sleep at home in my own bed where doors don't typically slam at 2:30am...

Saucier131
Diva
Saucier131
In response to chattycat

Hello girls! I did have a better day today. i think there is some internal management drama so the radar was pointed elsewhere for once. lol!

Ann - so cool that you found those definitions! I too wonder all the time and have only asked about the mss one (on our little forum, where I feel comfortable enough to look like an idiot!) I cannot believe there are so many! what is the world coming to that we don't even have the time or energy to type full words?! Oh, who am I kidding? I am a text girl and use a handful of them regularly. (Most frequently used...rotflmao!)

Cathy - so awesome about the zoo! Hope you got some good pics!! Have a safe trip home - can't wait to see some vacation layouts!

Beth - further confession. I had no idea what a "shaker tag" was. I figured if I waited it out long enough and watched the posts to this forum I could figure it out from what people said about it. And I did. Just like the acronyms. (Now I am TRULY ROTFLMAO!) :rofl

Well, one more night of being without the hubby - he comes back from FL late tomorrow night. I am looking forward to it though he was annoying me this evening by sending me abnoxious texts during the American Idol results show. I think he is getting bored and has had enough of "bonding time" with my dad. Poor guy! lol!

Been working on a layout of hubby for the "Scrap Your Family" challenge. it's not going so well. It takes me 2 hours to decide to place on thing...then I always glue it down prematurely and don't like it and hope inspiration will strike and I won't have wasted pics and paper. They're good pics though so I think eventually I will come up with something that works.

Janet - seriously, are you ever going to post a layout for us to look at??

Well I am going to try and get some sleep. I get the hubby's side of the bed (which I find far more comfortable than mine might I add) and am going to enjoy it while I can.

Nite all!

keliloves
Idol
keliloves
In response to chattycat

Just stopping in to catch up for a minute.
I got this layout done today for the march doodle challenge
Dream Big By Keliglover

It was my first challenge. The picture doesn't really show how pretty the silver marker turned out, but I am happy with the LO. I am not going to make any changes to it since it is for a challenge but go ahead and give me your tips for next time. (by the way there is one star on there that looks kind of orange but irl it is gold with silver glitter dots. I think it reflected my shirt when I took the pic)

Diva
In response to keliloves

Maybe doodle a small pattern into the open letters for a next time idea? Just little stars or moons or something to work with the dream thing, maybe?

keliloves
Idol
keliloves

I was going to doodle in the open letters but my marker is a little fat and I was afraid I would mess them up. I think I will get a silver pen with a fine tip and do it but not submit changes of it for the challenge. I really didn't like the letters that I filled in but after I did one it was too late and I needed some kind of balance.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Is your hubby still driving you crazy?

Diva
In response to keliloves

Nope, he took off already -- they called him out .... yesterday, maybe? Dunno, slept since then.

I think the little doodles will balance without the heavy you don't like from filling in entirely -- or you could always go back and cut larger letters and cover it, if you really disliked it.

TableScraps
Mayor
TableScraps

Hey everyone!!!! I am still alive and still struggling...it turns out that i have a bad tension headache, and the doc recommended massage, which at the moment i totally can't afford, so i recruited my hubby, and my mom had a massage machine...so i am slowly getting better. It's not as bad as it was, but it's definitely still here! I plan on doing some cleaning today so that i can get into my scraproom tonight and finish up the layout i was working on a week ago...it's soooooo close!!!
Next week is march break here, so expect a VERY frazzled Christy! lol. I am absolutely dreading it. I wish i could have sent the 7yr old to camp!!!!! (how bad is it that i feel this way?!)
Anywho, soooooo glad that everyone is so chatty! I feel that this crit group is an absolute success! Yahoooooey!

keliloves
Idol
keliloves
In response to TableScraps

hi christy
I am with you on the dreading spring break! My kids are already wanting to know what we are going to do. we have no plans because dh has his vacation set for the end of may and we are waiting until then to do something.
I am hoping my in-laws decide to go somewhere and take my kids with them. I know that sounds bad but I could get so much done with a week free of kids. My house might even stay clean!

Lilgem
Lilgem 
Idol
Lilgem

• yoginiscraps Said:
Hey everyone!!!! I am still alive and still struggling...it turns out that i have a bad tension headache, and the doc recommended massage, which at the moment i totally can't afford, so i recruited my hubby, and my mom had a massage machine...so i am slowly getting better. It's not as bad as it was, but it's definitely still here! I plan on doing some cleaning today so that i can get into my scraproom tonight and finish up the layout i was working on a week ago...it's soooooo close!!!
Next week is march break here, so expect a VERY frazzled Christy! lol. I am absolutely dreading it. I wish i could have sent the 7yr old to camp!!!!! (how bad is it that i feel this way?!)
Anywho, soooooo glad that everyone is so chatty! I feel that this crit group is an absolute success! Yahoooooey!

ooh, hope you start to feel better.

Lilgem
Lilgem 
Idol
Lilgem
In response to Lilgem

Good morning everyone. I am my usual chipper self that I am when it is FRIDAY!! wohoo!!

*jesse*
Idol
*jesse*
In response to Lilgem

Amen, Audrey!! Fridays rock!

Keli, I checked out your LO really quick... left you a comment. I plan to go back and check on the others this weekend. I have a ton of stuff to do here at work today, and my boss is gone so it's a good chance to catch up.

Christy, wish you could get rid of that headache! That must really bite. I get optical migranes, and I feel like absolute s***, but they only last a few hours. Can't imagine having a headache for days on end!

Shawna, I'm sure your LO will turn out fine. Thay always do!

I'll check in again later!

Lilgem
Lilgem 
Idol
Lilgem
In response to *jesse*

Ok Cathy, this LO is for you...

This is the one I was getting so frustrated with. Everything is glued down, but I'm open to suggestions for further LOs. I apologize in advance for the glare. Sadly, I do not have a 12x12 scanner.

Us By RubysMom

Diva
In response to Lilgem

Christy, there is a -fabulous- medication for extreme tension headaches, called Zebutal. You may want to look into it, especially with spring break coming up. I can usually handle pain, UNLESS it involves my head, then all bets are off.

Saucier131
Diva
Saucier131
In response to Lilgem

Hey girls! Any idea why when I upload a layout (and it says 1 added to my gallery) I wouldn't be able to see it in my gallery?? I just uploaded the work in progress husband layout to get some feedback from you guys and I cannot find it in my gallery to link it to this post?? Ugh!

Diva

That's ... odd. Sometimes it DOES take a while to show up, but not at all? Not even a place holder?

Saucier131
Diva
Saucier131

Nada! I am annoyed. Just got back from walking the dogs and it's still not there and it doesn't say it's loading or anything! Grrr. I am going to Michael's for some retail thereapy. I need paper anyway.

Diva

Mmm, I could use some retail therapy. My kids are driving me CRAZY today. I'd throw them out in the melting snow if they didn't need to be cleaning their rooms.

Diva

Late Nighter's Challenge 1

Just a small ATC done for last night's Late Nighter's Challenge.

The idea was to take the first letter of your name, nickname, or screen name, and do something that worked not only with that letter, but you as well. Me, I went for my purple crayons.

TableScraps
Mayor
TableScraps

Hey Pooka! What happened with that image? I clicked on it and got some weird unhappy face, etc.....I am sooo confused..i have never seen anything like it before!!!

TableScraps
Mayor
TableScraps

Oh that is tooooo weird!!! It's there now!!!! I am soooo confused!!!! LOL!!

Diva

I have NO Idea. The gallery is being really wonky today.

TableScraps
Mayor
TableScraps

Ah! thanks! Cause now it's gone again!!!

Diva

I've noticed that when the image has the sad face, if you click on the TEXT, it usually works.

Saucier131
Diva
Saucier131

Well girls, here it is. Retail therapy is magical. I came back and it's there. Twice. lol! Now I cannot get the second post to go away but am hoping it will once I sign off and sign back on. Like I said this is a work in progress and needs something...just stuck on what exactly. Let me know what you think!

PS - Pooka - if your kids are driving you nuts, throw em out in the snow...their rooms will always be there to be cleaned once they thaw out. And until that time, you'll get some peace and quiet! (Sorry about the banana...I really have a thing for that weird little creature! I wonder if it's some sort of phallic preoccupation?)

Husband By Saucier131

Saucier131
Diva
Saucier131

One more thing. Michael's sucks. All I picked up was basic cardstock (can never have enough black, white and brown!) and some double sided tape. Do any of you have AC Moore? It's amazing and I LOVE it but I didn't feel like driving all the way back into the city.

Lilgem
Lilgem 
Idol
Lilgem

ok, so the picture of my lo really sucks! I'll try and get a better one....

*jesse*
Idol
*jesse*
In response to Lilgem

Shawna - you crack me up! The banana is oddly facinating. Perhaps you do have the right reason why... And Michaels does suck... I have learned not to bother with them. In my area, it's all LSS, the only chain places we have are Michael's and Hobby Lobby. What I wouldn't give to have an Archiver's here!!!

Ooops.. am I on during work again?

TableScraps
Mayor
TableScraps
In response to *jesse*

Yiiippppppeeeeee!!! My daughter(7) wants to scrap her friend a birthday card!!! I'll show it off later!!(hopefully it doesn't suck! lol)

Saucier131
Diva
Saucier131

Christy - so cool your daughter wants to scrap. I somehow get my hubby to join in once in awhile.(Most of the time he just tells me what I SHOULD have done!) It's not often though...I KNOW he likes it but being a military meathead, he wold never admit to it to anyone. lol!

Jesse - you know what I was thinking you should do for a layout? Something related to your firefighting. I just think it's so cool that you do that and it's way scrappable. You could use some great reds and oranges...I wish I had a cool uniform for work. Heels suck and kill my back!

So hubby is stuck on a plane in Atlanta. Been sitting there for hours - nothing coming into Rochester NY due to inclimate weather. He's MISERABLE! Just called me and asked me to check what alternate flights are available so...gotta go check it out. TTYL.

Oh - here is the layout I just finished for my other little sis, Annie. It's not gonna change because I pretty much filled the page up, but nonetheless, there is always room for improvement in the future! (I try to do what I can with a very limited selection of materials so don't mind my repeated use of the acrylic paint swirlies. lol)

No suggestions on the hubby layout huh? It just seems like it's lacking something...nothing big but something I feel like...oh well. It will stay as is I suppose until I feel inspired to change it.

Annie By Saucier131

Diva

I really like the eyelet circle around the one hubby photo -- clever, and a great way to zero in on him.

Not quite sure what might be missing or needed. Like it so far!

Saucier131
Diva
Saucier131

OMG I am so tired of calling airlines! Why they don't just get a hotel and wait it out is beyond me...instead, they (my father and husband) are taking a flight from Atlanta to LaGuardia then renting a car and driving the 6 1/2 hours from NYC to Upstate NY where we live. You know, men are freaking morons. Sorry, but they are. No patience - once they get something in their head, no stopping them! They are determined to fly, so they will fly; whether they are getting any closer to their destination on this flight is inconsequential. Well, on the bright side, at least I have a little more time to get the laundry done and put away before hubby gets home! LOL!

Alright, enough B**ching. I am going to get some sleep. If I scrapped right now, I don't imagine my page would be a very nice one of hubby. LOL! Nite girls!

Saucier131
Diva
Saucier131

BTW - I am digging that rant smiley icon too. Love when he goes up and down and shakes his fists! LMAO!

Diva

I know, the rant is just much awesomeness.

My Creative Shenanigans
Idol
My Creative Shenanigans

WOW!!! I have a ton of cu to do. Theres been alot of chit chat in here today.
I know it is past midnight and I'm posting a LO I must be out of my mind. ( I am with delirium ).
Anyway here it is. Enjoy and TFC.

Cherished Angel
By The Wind Walker

Saucier131
Diva
Saucier131

Morning! Hubby arrived safely at LaGuardia this morning so he will be home (and miserably tired, I am sure) this afternoon. My peace and quiet has almost come to an end. lol! Have a great day everyone!

TableScraps
Mayor
TableScraps

YAY!!!!!! (and i love that crazy mad face too! so funny!!!)

janet28rn
Queen
janet28rn

Caught up.

And currently snowed in at my house (ok, I could get out, but I don't know if I really want to. LOL). Good day for some relaxing and scrapping!

More great pages, ladies.

keliloves
Idol
keliloves
In response to janet28rn

I missed alot yesterday.

Shawna - you crack me up. (that is one of my favorites) And I don't know what you should add to your husband LO. I think it looks good so no suggestions here. Also your sister's layout is very pretty. I like the color combo and I need to try the painting.

Beth - your cherish layout is beautiful. I love the colors and the flowers are great.

Here is one I just uploaded for the scraplift the person before you challenge.

Beautiful By Keliglover

I lifted it from falling pants. Here is a link to her page:
http://www.scrapbook.com/myplace/index.php?mod=gallerie...

I like the way it turned out but I will probably do some more journaling on it after the challenge is over.

Edited by keliglover on 03-08-08 08:15 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

*jesse*
Idol
*jesse*
In response to keliloves

Arrrgh. I was going to catch up on the things I missed today, but I am watching my dbf's 5 year old son this morning. He drives me crazy! He's not horrible, but we don't get along that great.

Janet, I heard that Ohio was supposed to get nasty weather today. Hope it's not too bad there!

Have a good Saturday!

Saucier131
Diva
Saucier131
In response to *jesse*

Here's one I just finished for the negative space challenge. Negative space is a HUGE challenge for me - holding back and not filling a page is very difficult. Seems like it should be easy!

Janet - I heard the same thing about Ohio! Enjoy your day in!

Keli - that is an AWESOME layout! Love it!

Gentle By Saucier131

janet28rn
Queen
janet28rn

Thanks Shawna and Jesse for the warm weather wishes - I have yet to leave the house today but I hear its not as bad as it was made out to be (at least in Toledo). I am venturing out tonight for some scrapping fun though.

After tonight, I may have some pages for you all to admire (lol) - SOMEONE here is getting a little antsy

byondbzr
Queen
byondbzr

Ladies,I've been gone forever,SORRY!!!!! I will try to catch up,but I don't know how possible it will be!

I am snowed in today,we're under a blizzard warning. We have 14" right now and lots of drifts. I braved the elements to get some pics if you'd like to take a peek,but you don't have to!

"Blizzard '08" pics 1
By Byondbzr

"Blizzard '08" pics 2
By Byondbzr

"Blizzard '08" pics 3
By Byondbzr

I haven't done a LO it what seems like forever since I found the altering challenge. Here are two items I did for that..

Altered notebook
By Byondbzr

"Little Guy" altered frame
By Byondbzr

I think today will be good to try and do a quick LO for the negative space challenge. We shall see..

byondbzr
Queen
byondbzr
In response to janet28rn

• janet28rn Said:
Thanks Shawna and Jesse for the warm weather wishes - I have yet to leave the house today but I hear its not as bad as it was made out to be (at least in Toledo). I am venturing out tonight for some scrapping fun though.

We're getting hit here in Central Ohio. You guys aren't getting as much right?

janet28rn
Queen
janet28rn
In response to byondbzr

Rebecca: No, not as much here as you guys are getting. I still have yet to leave the house though ;)... but DH shoveled earlier and left to get his hair cut and said it really wasn't that bad. Still, everything seems to be cancelled around here.

byondbzr
Queen
byondbzr
In response to janet28rn

We haven't left the house since we have a level 3 snow emergency! I got some time free from chores and the kids to get my LO for multiple challenges done:

Discovery
By Byondbzr

AnnsWorld
Veteran
AnnsWorld
In response to byondbzr

hi ladies! phew it was a buuusy day today cleaning lol! but was able to scrap a page real quick... so here it is! heading out to my bro-in-law's for dinner so will check your layouts tomorrow...

have a great evening everyone!

Fun times By AnnsWorld

TableScraps
Mayor
TableScraps
In response to AnnsWorld

Hey Janet, thanks so much for dodging your storm...We got it here instead!!!
I shoveled earlier today, when there was about 6-8 inches....and now you can't even tell i did it...it's probably over 6 inches again!!!

ARGH!!!!!! I HATE SNOW!!! I WANT SPRING!!!

janet28rn
Queen
janet28rn

Not my favorite layout ever, but here is a new one for you all to critique:

Rapid Shot

DH said the final total at our house was only 4.5 inches of snow. Plenty for me (although it was very pretty) - I too am ready for spring!

My Creative Shenanigans
Idol
My Creative Shenanigans
In response to janet28rn

whooo!!!! ACU!!!

To all: Thank you so much for all the great comments on the work I submitted so far. It makes me feel like I am heading in the right direction. P.S. I had a ton of probs w/ sb.com yesterday too. Maybe there server is on the fritz. Also to all you having the foul weather I hope it gets better for you soon. I'd go crazy I get cabin fever bad.

Ann: loved your lo and thanks for the link to the acronyms.

Cathy: Lived in SD,cali for several years in the 80's and went back again to visit a friend not too long ago. That is a whole other world there!!
Glad I live in the South and I will just leave it at that. Thanks for the comment on the tag.

Shawna: Glad your hubby is back. I just cracked up at the pic of your dog lying on his back TOO FUNNY!!! Your Hubby LO is so sweet. I think the only thing that it may need would be a journaling strip or two!!! I luved the colors and charms nice touch.I LOL on the deal about knowing what the tag was. I did not know what one was till the day before I made it.See we all learn something new everyday. I also know about the hate for Michael's. I can't stand Joanns either. The one by us is dirty, rude staff, and know one knows what the H@$% is going on. Okay I vented feel so much better know. LOL. P.S. The Gentle LO made my heart melt. I LUV IT!!!

Keli: You have done some great LOs. I love all the hand doddeling on them Great WORK!!!

Christy: nice to see you back. Stress Headaches SUCK!!! I hope that you are getting better. I was laughing about all the spring break chatter. Sorry for the bad news but only gets worse when they turn into teenagers. . Thanks for all the inspiring comments you have left in the gallery.

Audrey:Luv the LO. I left you comments in the gallery. :smile :

Pooka: I was going through your gallery and saw the Winged Frog ATC. I WANT IT!!!!! I just love frogs and he is TOO CUTE!!!! Your crayon and pocket ATC was also amazing.

Janet & Rebecca: I was just sent some pictures of weatherford, NY they have had an amazing amount of snow too. My bosses wife is from there and she says thats why they live here. She hates the snow. Both of you take care and keep warm. Great time to get some scrapping done!

Okay well I have gone on long enough Hope everyone has a great rest of the weekend. Good night P.S. Sorry if I missed anyone it would not be on purpose.

keliloves
Idol
keliloves

Tigers Football By Keliglover

This is one I uploaded last night. I tried to matt the big cut out of my ds but nothing I tried looked right so I just left it alone. I think it turned out cute but it needs some journaling. I just got a new silver pen and thought about using that to journal on the black background. What do you all think? I just outlined the red letters in the silver and it looks really good.

My dd is in a few of the pics and is getting her own page as soon as I enlarge a pic of her in her cheerleading outfit. I can't wait to do that page!

My Creative Shenanigans
Idol
My Creative Shenanigans
In response to byondbzr

Rebecca,

I left you a private message. It is about the challenge.

janet28rn
Queen
janet28rn

Keli: I like the idea of the silver marker on the black cardstock!

AnnsWorld
Veteran
AnnsWorld

• Saucier131 Said:
Here's one I just finished for the negative space challenge. Negative space is a HUGE challenge for me - holding back and not filling a page is very difficult. Seems like it should be easy!

your layout is great! i have a problem with negative space as well lol! but i'm trying...

AnnsWorld
Veteran
AnnsWorld
In response to AnnsWorld

phew! okay i just checked in and made sure i got all caught up those smileys crack me up! lol!

it's gloomy here today... so sorry for those who have so much snow...

lazy sunday afternoon... maybe i go and scrap

chattycat
Expert
chattycat
In response to AnnsWorld

Wow. It's taken me about an hour to get ACU after being MIA for 3 days. I tried to throw in a few more acronyms but I wasn't feeling it.

I think I commented on just about all LOs that were posted.

Audrey-You go girl! I happened to love your LO and left you comments. Now let's see more...

Shawna-I'll bet your hubby was stuck in Atlanta the same time we were Friday night. Our flight to Augusta was delayed for HOURS while we waited on a "missing" crew member. It was probably the freakin pilot. We could have walked home from Atlanta in the time it took us to fly there.
Glad he made it back safely!

To everyone living in a snowy place right now, I was actually down in the dumps yesterday about being back here and it was chilly and any palms we have are still currently brown from winter and I had the selfishness to feel that this place sucks. Well, then I saw the weather where you are and needless to say--I'm having a better day today.

Christy-I used to get tension headaches all the time. Seriously, evaluate what is going on in your life right now and try to figure out a way to slow down and take time for you. It's nature's nasty little way of telling you to take a break and change your frame of mind. Stress sucks.period.

I got some pics developed yesterday and I'm hoping to scrap some this week. Just too crazy this weekend to even think about it.

I am LOVING all the LOs you all have posted the past few days. So much creative energy in this group--it's fantastic!!

Must run to the store and think about dinner(and buying beer in GA on a Sunday)

I'll be checkin in later tonight and try to get back to a few LOs/projects I might have missed!

I can't get any smilies/dancing phallic nanners to work right now. Anyone know what's wrong??

*jesse*
Idol
*jesse*
In response to chattycat

I think I'm ACU! You've been posting some rally great LO's! It's hard to keep up... but that's a good thing.

Had a crazy weekend... dbf's older son had a home visit (long story- he's 15 & in a group home b/c he's a juvenile delinquent) and his mom picked him up then just dropped him of at my dbf's house b/c she didn't want to deal with him. Well, that turned into an UGLY situation real quick. He was acting like a real jerk and dad sent him packing back to the home pdq. That pretty much ruined the night. He's grumpy about it today too, not that I can blame him.

On the bright side, I did make progress on a project. I'll try to get a pic up tonight.

Had to get him in... ever since Shawna made the comment about him, he's even more funny!

*jesse*
Idol
*jesse*
In response to *jesse*

Here's what I worked on yesterday:

Friend Word Book
By *jesse*

Saucier131
Diva
Saucier131
In response to chattycat

• chattycat Said:
Wow. It's taken me about an hour to get ACU after being MIA for 3 days. I tried to throw in a few more acronyms but I wasn't feeling it.

I think I commented on just about all LOs that were posted.

Audrey-You go girl! I happened to love your LO and left you comments. Now let's see more...

Shawna-I'll bet your hubby was stuck in Atlanta the same time we were Friday night. Our flight to Augusta was delayed for HOURS while we waited on a "missing" crew member. It was probably the freakin pilot. We could have walked home from Atlanta in the time it took us to fly there.
Glad he made it back safely!

To everyone living in a snowy place right now, I was actually down in the dumps yesterday about being back here and it was chilly and any palms we have are still currently brown from winter and I had the selfishness to feel that this place sucks. Well, then I saw the weather where you are and needless to say--I'm having a better day today.

Christy-I used to get tension headaches all the time. Seriously, evaluate what is going on in your life right now and try to figure out a way to slow down and take time for you. It's nature's nasty little way of telling you to take a break and change your frame of mind. Stress sucks.period.

I got some pics developed yesterday and I'm hoping to scrap some this week. Just too crazy this weekend to even think about it.

I am LOVING all the LOs you all have posted the past few days. So much creative energy in this group--it's fantastic!!

Must run to the store and think about dinner(and buying beer in GA on a Sunday)

I'll be checkin in later tonight and try to get back to a few LOs/projects I might have missed!

I can't get any smilies/dancing phallic nanners to work right now. Anyone know what's wrong??

Ha! So I'm right! Cathy and Jesse know what I am talking about! There IS indeed some phallic fascination with that banana! And here I thought it was just me. LOL!

Edited by Saucier131 on 03-09-08 04:34 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

My Creative Shenanigans
Idol
My Creative Shenanigans
In response to *jesse*

Jessie'
I'm working on the family BB Album. I love these they are so much fun. I learned from another lady who teaches a class on these to alternate PP and solid paper it makes the words stand out better. When I finish the album I will post it here so you can see it. Love what you have done your album it is super cute.

To All: Lord forbid my husband sees that nanna I will never hear the end of it.

AnnsWorld
Veteran
AnnsWorld

that banana is indeed hilarious! lol!

here's a page i just finished... another one of those pics laying around... and i'm trying to finish off all my old paper and embellies so i have an excuse to buy more! lol!

btw, thanks for all the comments on my "Fun Times" LO!

lol!

Pink By AnnsWorld

janet28rn
Queen
janet28rn
In response to AnnsWorld

Caught up for the weekend. Night all!

byondbzr
Queen
byondbzr
In response to *jesse*

• *jesse* Said:
Here's what I worked on yesterday:

Friend Word Book
By *jesse*

I love the colors and pp's,but as a few others have said,I think a few letters seem"lost". I have done a BB baby book,and made my own "2007" book. For the 2007 album,I used opposite colors to make the numbers on each page,that way it's easy to read. on my baby book,I alternated pp with cs and put heavy inking/painting on the edges. Here are my books to share:

My daughter's "baby" word album
By Byondbzr

Pages 1 and 2
By Byondbzr

I'm not going to post all the inside pages,if you want to see them,they're on the 4th and 5th pages of my gallery. Here's the 2007 album,this is all handmade and cut!

Moments and Memories 2007 album
By Byondbzr

2007 album pg.1
By Byondbzr

Again,I'll spare ya by not posting all the inside pages. They are on page 2 of my gallery. I love this book because I took several pics from each month and a "highlight" pic. It's kind of a "year at a glance" project.

Edited by byondbzr on 03-10-08 05:45 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

byondbzr
Queen
byondbzr
In response to byondbzr

Hope everyone has a great Monday! I finished up my LO for the bling challenge yesterday...

A kiss can be bliss
By Byondbzr

celstin0406
Idol
celstin0406
In response to byondbzr

Okay, ladies, you must stop being so creative, because I have yet to catch up. My mum was here from Wednesday on through the weekend and I haven't had a chance to check in. I did do a bit of scrapping but nothing much came of it. I was trying to use a sketch from a challenge for one and it just didn't really come together. I may just finish it and move on because thinking about it too much is holding me back! Ugh.

Sandra, so great you got that album for your mum done!

Shawna, sorry for the jack*** of a boss. Great LO's and I will try to catch up on commenting on them.

Cathy, glad you got your luggage, finally.

Beth, beautiful tag and love the Cherished Angel lo.

Audrey, I feel your pain regarding not loving the results of your scrapping, I had the same problem this weekend. Grrrrrr.

Keli, you've got some good stuff going with those new lo's. I commented on the Dream one but haven't had a chance to comment on the other.

Christy, ugh that headache sounds miserable!

Um, that's all I can think of for now, off to catch up on actual WORK emails

chattycat
Expert
chattycat
In response to janet28rn

Good Morning everyone

I just wanted to see if he'd work. Hope he sticks around for awhile. You just can't help but laugh when you see him.

I'm having my typical scrapper's block when I have a bunch of pics to choose from and don't know where to start. It's putting me in a foul Monday mood this morning and 5:45 came way too early.

Great LO's posted last night! I left comments. I'm going to try and scrap some today to break through the block/fear. I'll just keep repeating my mantra "scrapping should be fun,scrapping should be fun"

Hope you all have a decent Monday! I myself hate them...

AnnsWorld
Veteran
AnnsWorld
In response to chattycat

Good morning! woke up this morning and it was raining yeck! and now i feel sooo laazy! - i'm not sure what that icon does hehe...

Rebecca, your albums are awesome! I love the color combination of the "baby" word album...

Hopefully i get to scrap a page today... have a great monday ahead!

Diva
In response to janet28rn

Beth, that one post definitely wins Best Use of Smilie Emoticons EVER.

*jesse*
Idol
*jesse*

Think I'm ACU again! Thanks for the comments on my word album. It was the first one I've ever done, so I was kinda winging it! I will definitely do my next one a little different based on your suggestions.

Supposed to be 50 here by Wednesday...

TableScraps
Mayor
TableScraps
In response to *jesse*

OMG! I'm ACU!!!!
Oh, and good news!!!! My headache is GONE!!!! YAHOOOOOOEY!!!!!

BUT i have to mention that i am most likely going to be MIA this week, cause it's only monday and march break is kicking my arse!!! ARGH!!!!!

Saucier131
Diva
Saucier131

Hey girls! I am off to bed but here is a layout I just finished to add to my sister's graduation album. Be back tomorrow to catch up (I see I've missed quite a bit in just a day!)

Happy By Saucier131

Saucier131
Diva
Saucier131

Here's a simple layout I completed this morning. Now I have to get my butt in gear and get to work! Will catch up later!

My Boys By Saucier131

janet28rn
Queen
janet28rn

Caught up! Nice new pages, Shawna!

Page 5 of 30 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics