Username Post: PaperCuts ____ ____ ! (full and active)        (Topic#1453229)
chattycat
Expert
chattycat
In response to janet28rn

I'm baaaaack!!! I'm really glad I didn't miss too much the past few days except Christy--yikes! Glad they're ok and sorry your life is a little hectic and outta sorts right now.

I have just not been in a very happy place this week. Just been incredibly stressed out over the stupidest #@$%. I could go on and on about our patio makeover nightmare but we finally have a solution figured out and now I'm excited again about finishing it. Hubby and I spent from 4-10pm tonight digging a french drain in the backyard. This was NO fun and since a good part of the yard was trenched and we're sitting on nothing but red clay, guess what's now all over the grass and just waiting for the dog to drag in on the carpet? You might ask why oh why would we start this project on Fri. night and not just wait until Sat. as planned? Because it's going to RAIN all day tomorrow. What's a bad situation is going to just keep getting @#$#ier. Oh well, sometimes you just have to laugh-and keep a towel by the back door.

I've had no scrap time this week

I did go with a couple friends this morning to the opening day of a new LSS here in town!!!
Awesome little store with just enough inventory to keep things new and fresh. Only bad thing is she probably won't reorder things when they sell out as she constantly wants to rotate old with new.

Unfortunately, I ran into my toxic "friend" there too, scratching and clawing her way into a design team slot at this store that hadn't even been open 5 minutes. I swear she's stalking me. She cornered me into meaningless chatter ending with me lying through my teeth that I hadn't noticed she'd left 15 messages on my answering machine since Wednesday. Kinda pooped on my whole experience there. Every time I have to deal with her, I end up frustrated with sbing. She just ruins it for me. Now I have to shake this off and be ready to scrap again next week.

ok-there's my novel tonight. Had to make up for being MIA so long. I was seriously having withdrawal.

It's the weekend!!!

Oh-and Shawna- LOVE your usage of the monkey. Always appropriate,always real special.

Saucier131
Diva
Saucier131
In response to chattycat

Hey girlies! I've only got a minute because I have to run into work for a bit, but I just finished this layout for the BFF challenge and I was so excited I had to share!

Soul Sisters
By Saucier131

AnnsWorld
Veteran
AnnsWorld
In response to Saucier131

Hello all!

Shawna, awesome layout and the embossing looks good! Work on a saturday? yeck!

Janet, glad you liked the butterfly layout... it was such a pretty little thing!

Here's another layout i just finished... thanks for all the comments on "Blithe & Glee"... i was trying to make a catchy title so i looked up synonyms for happy and blithe was one of them lol! I would have never known such word existed!

Love Facts By AnnsWorld

AnnsWorld
Veteran
AnnsWorld
In response to AnnsWorld

Okay here's another one...

i am off to Ikea... Have a great saturday ladies!

Reflection By AnnsWorld

My Creative Shenanigans
Idol
My Creative Shenanigans
In response to AnnsWorld

SUPRISE!!!!!!
I am back from the land of the lost. I have so much to catch up on in here it will take me a month. Everything is getting back to normal here, we are hoping to get the car back early next week, the dog is terrific. Now I just have to replace all the money we spent on this. Real fun with my daughter having prom & graduation in the next two months.

Christy, Sorry to hear about the fire. It can be so devistating, Just glad that all are alive and well. That is what is most important.

Shawna & Ann , you two have created some really cool los. I will stop by later and leave some luv in your galleries.

Deanne, Hope you are feeling better, I know I am.

Rebecca, I am ready and waiting to vote! I am so excited to see how the one word challenge turns out.

I know I have forgot some of you in this message but I will be back tomorrow and finish up. I will try to catch up too. I hope all of you have a great evening. By the way what the heck kind of smiley is this guy?

P.S. I did not get the job I had told you all about. It is a long story when I get more time I will fill everyone in on what happened. It was truely bad!!!!

TableScraps
Mayor
TableScraps
In response to My Creative Shenanigans

JCI! I am in a very bad mood at the moment, so it's best that i just say that I was here and be gone again.

Luv ya all!

keliloves
Idol
keliloves
In response to TableScraps

Hi everyone
I am just checking in. I went to a crop today and got a few pages done. I am going to take pics tomorrow when I can use the natural light so I will have something to post.
to you all!

Saucier131
Diva
Saucier131
In response to keliloves

Hello all! Happy Sunday. I personally am not a fan of Sundays because that means tomorrow is Monday, but anyway...

Cathy - okay, this patio thing is getting out of control! Maybe you just weren't meant to have a patio! lol! Sorry to laugh - it really is a nightmare...but it's just so crazy that it's one thing after another!!! I really do think you should take pics and do a layout of the whole fiasco. It'll help you make peace with the patio.

Beth - welcome back girlie! Sorry to hear about the job, but I think everything happens for a reason - maybe something even better is on the horizon! And glad everything else is going well for you!

Ann - seriously...your layouts have been freaking FANTASTIC lately!! Impressive work!

Alrighty, I have to get myself moving around the house. I am having a motivation problem last couple of days.

OH! I forgot to tell you guys...not to toot my own horn, but I quit smoking - it's been 3 days which isn't long, but when you've been doing it for 10 years it seems like a long time! It's such a filthy habit and I have been wanting to quit for a long time...just been having some trouble with follow through. Well, I think this time I just may kick it! Just thought I'd share.

See ya later! OH - and if any of you did my Flaunt your Funk challenge top 3 votes are due by midnight!

janet28rn
Queen
janet28rn

Way to go, Shawna!

Lilgem
Lilgem 
Idol
Lilgem
In response to janet28rn

Hi Beth-sorry about the job...

Christy-sorry you're in a bad mood-hope you feel better soon.

Hi everyone else!

Congrats on the quitting, Shawna!

keliloves
Idol
keliloves
In response to Lilgem

Okay, here is what I did at my crop yesterday. I actually did a few more pages but these are all I felt like uploading today.

(Gonna repost because they didn't show up)

Beth about the job situation.

Christy I hope your mood gets better and your living situation too.

I am off to comment on the layouts posted that I have missed. From the thumbnails they look good!

Edited by keliglover on 03-30-08 01:31 PM. Reason for edit: my pics didn't show up

keliloves
Idol
keliloves
In response to keliloves

Chewie 7 weeks old
By Keliglover

Cowboy
By Keliglover

FishingPage1
By Keliglover
These turned out blurry in the pic. I need a big dragonfly for the blue and green page too!

FishingPage2
By Keliglover
Page 2 is a little blurry too.

Rosie's Asian themed birthday party pg1
By Keliglover

Rosie's Asian Theme Birthday pg2
By Keliglover

I think I did it right this time.

keliloves
Idol
keliloves
In response to keliloves

Cathy - I am sorry you are still dealing with ******** but it sounds like you are on the road to happy patio town finally!

janet28rn
Queen
janet28rn
In response to keliloves

Caught up. Great pages, Keli!

TableScraps
Mayor
TableScraps
In response to janet28rn

Saucier131
Diva
Saucier131
In response to janet28rn

Holy cow Keli - you got ALOT done! I have never gone to a "crop" and don't really know what they're all about, but I googled my area today because I am feeling left out cuz everyone else has LSS's besides me and low and behold...there's one about 20 mins away! And they do these crops! (There was something on their site about renting a crop spot for 4 hours for $10 or something, less if you buy stuff...it's a whole new world to me - been confined to my dining room table! lol! So I am definitely gonna check it out next weekend.

So I've been busting my ******** the last 3 hours cleaning my floors and bathrooms...you know, that muddy paw thing I have made peace with...I didn't feel very peaceful about it today. And to top off the pawprints, there were muddy belly circles all over the floor from the fattys sprawling all over the hardwood. Grrr.

On another note, I keep meaning to ask you girls a couple of things - one is a gripe, the other is a question actually. The gripe is this...it annoys me that there are some on this site who are worshiped as goddesses over their wonderful, incredible, fabulous pages that are just earth moving they're so good! (Or so everyone says!) Of course, I am not going to name names, but I have to admit, I at first was also quite fascinated by this person's pages but over the past couple of months have come to realize they all pretty much look the same, except for with different pics inserted. I don't really even know why I am going on about it except that it is getting annoying because she's EVERYWHERE and I'm sick of seeing her mug. LOL! And what harm is my venting? You won't know who I am talking about unless you've noticed it too! LMAO! I am beeing terrible and catty - chalk it up to some major PMS and a backache!

Now for the real question. Have any of you ever had any creepy experiences/PMs on this site? I got one from this girl that wanted to know where in NY I was located as she was interested in getting girls together to "exchange ideas." I clicked her page (and did not respond to the PM) and oddly, though she had been a member for several months, she had no one in her friends list except me and a paper company. And absolutely no layouts/submissions posted. Isn't that creepy? I guess I shouldn't be surprised, as there are weirdos everywhere, but geez! Somewhere as wholesome as a scrappin' site?! What next?! Makes me weary of posting layouts that show places that could be recognized ya know?

Okay enough of my babbling on and being a Negative Nancy. I am off to check out Keli's layouts - that'll cheer me up! Oh boy, my hubby is in for a treat of a wife when he wakes up from his nap!

janet28rn
Queen
janet28rn

LOL Shawna... I was having one of those days too (well, minus the creepiness). I must say that I have met one friend through this site in real life, but it was total coincidence that we had chatted about going to the same crop and while she was walking through the hall headed to the bathroom, she saw me and identified my face... we chatted a little there, emailed some after, and are now good friends. BUT had we not both already been going to that crop on that day, I VERY HIGHLY doubt I would randomly pick a day and place to meet someone. I am a skeptic like that

I do have a few friends who have met boyfriends and now husbands online, and I must say, I am not that daring.

For the most part, scrappy people are nice people... but there are always exceptions and you can never be too careful.

janet28rn
Queen
janet28rn
In response to janet28rn

P.S. I have no clue who you were talking about Shawna... so sorry I can't identify on the super scrapping skills that you are sick of seeing (sheesh, i have a lot of S's in that sentence. LOL). BUT on the same note, it is a major gripe of mine that people post their layouts on their own random post and ask for comments. It's like BEGGING for people to say stuff. Come on now, there are enough critique groups and challenges around here to get comments from. I don't think we should have to be that desperate. Or if someone is, it should be a ONCE in awhile occurrence, not EVERY time someone makes a new layout.

Ok there is my rant for you. Hubby had enough of me being mean for the day

AnnsWorld
Veteran
AnnsWorld
In response to janet28rn

Good evening ladies! JCI... my connection has been going bonkers the past hour it's pissing me off... so i will do this quickly before it goes out again!

Thanks for all the comments on my new layouts, very much appreciated... makes me want to do lots more pages! lol!

Shawna, congrats on quitting! And so far i've never had a creepy experience on this site and hopefully i never do! Hmmm i haven't noticed THE SCRAP QUEEN you are referring to, maybe i haven't been "looking" too well lol! And yeah i sure was on a roll last friday haha, while hubby vacuums and mows and does little laundry! he's the best! lol!

Keli, the pages are looking great!

Christy, i hope you're feeling better...

Beth, sorry about the job...

Okay i'll end it here for now before my connections dies on me again and lose everything i typed lol! Good night!

keliloves
Idol
keliloves
In response to AnnsWorld

Shawna - I don't actually have a lss here in my town, but I met a lady from close by who hosts crops like once every 2 months or so. It was actually funny how I met her. I was at starbucks and I saw a flier for a crop she was hosting this past January. I was trying to take picture of the flier with my phone so I could call or email for more info and a woman walked up to me and asked if I wanted a flier. I felt kind of stupid trying to take a picture of it anyway.
So far I have been to 2 of her crops and I have met lots of new scrappy people! I also have 2 ladies from my church who are into scrapping too and we just figured out we have that in common. So I am planning on learning alot in the next few months!
Oh and as for chewie - he is a Cane Corso (Mastiff). He is now about 4 months old and weighs almost 50 lbs. So he will be one of the big goofy dogs you love so much!

Saucier131
Diva
Saucier131
In response to janet28rn

• janet28rn Said:
P.S. I have no clue who you were talking about Shawna... so sorry I can't identify on the super scrapping skills that you are sick of seeing (sheesh, i have a lot of S's in that sentence. LOL). BUT on the same note, it is a major gripe of mine that people post their layouts on their own random post and ask for comments. It's like BEGGING for people to say stuff. Come on now, there are enough critique groups and challenges around here to get comments from. I don't think we should have to be that desperate. Or if someone is, it should be a ONCE in awhile occurrence, not EVERY time someone makes a new layout.

Ok there is my rant for you. Hubby had enough of me being mean for the day

YEAH this person posts on her own posts ALL THE TIME! Usually 2 at a time!

Saucier131
Diva
Saucier131
In response to AnnsWorld

• AnnsWorld Said:

Hmmm i haven't noticed THE SCRAP QUEEN you are referring to, maybe i haven't been "looking" too well lol!

VERY interesting choice of words Ann...the appropriateness of the title makes me wonder if you have noticed afterall!

Saucier131
Diva
Saucier131
In response to keliloves

• keliglover Said:
Shawna - I don't actually have a lss here in my town, but I met a lady from close by who hosts crops like once every 2 months or so. It was actually funny how I met her. I was at starbucks and I saw a flier for a crop she was hosting this past January. I was trying to take picture of the flier with my phone so I could call or email for more info and a woman walked up to me and asked if I wanted a flier. I felt kind of stupid trying to take a picture of it anyway.
So far I have been to 2 of her crops and I have met lots of new scrappy people! I also have 2 ladies from my church who are into scrapping too and we just figured out we have that in common. So I am planning on learning alot in the next few months!
Oh and as for chewie - he is a Cane Corso (Mastiff). He is now about 4 months old and weighs almost 50 lbs. So he will be one of the big goofy dogs you love so much!

YAY! I thought maybe he was a mastiff - how fun! My Akita was 11 pounds when she came OUT I think! LOL! The bigger the better with doggies! (No offense to your girls with the hot doggers and what not!)

Saucier131
Diva
Saucier131

So I am at work but had to pop in and say I feel SO bad!! The creepy pm I got that had the empty profile is now full of layouts - with her picture in them. But still - was I wrong to be skeptical due to the empty profile and lack of friends list??? (Still not thinkin' I'm gonna disclose my location tho!)

*jesse*
Idol
*jesse*

Checking in from work!

Shawna, I don't think you're wrong in being wary. That would probably creep me out too! I have never been to a crop either... they have them at the LSS around here, but I don't know anyone else that scraps, and I don't want to go alone! Kudos for the scrap queen rant; don't know specifically who you are talking about, but there are several people who could probabaly fit that description. Althoughh I have to admit I've done the post-a-LO-in-a-topic-and- beg-for-comments before. But it was the first LO I'd done in a LONG time and it was before I was in any critique groups.

The LO you've all been posting look good... I hope I'll have time soon to check them out in more detail.

Christy, hope you are feeling less soon!

Beth, glad to see you back!

Better get back to work...

Lilgem
Lilgem 
Idol
Lilgem
In response to *jesse*

Good morning and happy monday everyone!

Shawna-that would freak me out too, I actually got a PM from someone I didn't know, but she seemed very sweet...maybe I should look at her profile, I may be a little too trusting and naive about stuff like that!

I also don't know who you are specifically talking about, (I will have to search around) but I do get a little frustrated when I try to make an effort to change things up for every LO I do, and other people do the same kind of stuff every time and every rants and raves about it...oh well.

Speaking of doing different stuff, I freaked the other day realizing that my sister's wedding is three months away, so I got down to business and finally did some LO I wanted to do for the album I'm making for her. Normally it wouldn't be a big deal, 3 months is a long time...but I making invitations for her bachelorette party in May, my best friends bridal shower in June, and another baby shower in June...so I gotta get crackin'!!

Sorry about all the

here is one of the LOs I was talking about...I don't know how to post multiple LO's in one post...so I apologize ahead of time about my muliple posts....

Have your Cake By RubysMom

p.s. I miss everyone!!

Lilgem
Lilgem 
Idol
Lilgem

and another...this one was very hard for me...I have never done an LO with pictures that weren't of people!

Will You Marry Me? By RubysMom

Lilgem
Lilgem 
Idol
Lilgem

and another!! last one, I promise!!
Showered in Love By RubysMom

keliloves
Idol
keliloves
In response to Lilgem

I am soooo tired this morning. I don't even know why. I am gonna go comment on Audrey's layouts (they look great from here) and then go take a nap.
Hope yall have a great day.

janet28rn
Queen
janet28rn
In response to keliloves

Caught up. I need to dictate a bunch of charts for work and then I may reward myself with some scrapping time.

AnnsWorld
Veteran
AnnsWorld

• Saucier131 Said:
  • AnnsWorld Said:

Hmmm i haven't noticed THE SCRAP QUEEN you are referring to, maybe i haven't been "looking" too well lol!

VERY interesting choice of words Ann...the appropriateness of the title makes me wonder if you have noticed afterall!

haha! seriously i do not know who you are referring to... now i am looking hard, maybe i will notice!

AnnsWorld
Veteran
AnnsWorld
In response to AnnsWorld

ACU!

I spent the whoooole day applying for jobs... ick! I hate going through that process all over again... I may have not mentioned before, but i grew up halfway around the world and moving to another country is definitely tough. I recently got my work permit and so now the job hunting starts - so sad! lol!

We are off to do groceries... have a great evening everyone! Hopefully i get to finish a LO tomorrow...

My Creative Shenanigans
Idol
My Creative Shenanigans
In response to AnnsWorld

Good evening everyone just a quik dash by to show you all the family album this is just the outside I have to download the rest of it later the young one needs the computer to finish her home work.

Family Word Album
By The Wind Walker

My Creative Shenanigans
Idol
My Creative Shenanigans

Hello and good morning,

Audrey & Keli, great lo keep'em comin' I left both of you some luv in your galleries.

Ann, I feel your pain on the job hunt issue, I have been doing the same thing for some time now since the doc I work for is retiring in January.

Janet, I alos know how you feel on the chart issue, thats what I will be doing in about an hour. I hate this part of my job!!!

Christy & Cathy, I hope things are going better for both of you. Its sounds like you have both had a very trying week. I will pray things get better for both of you.

Deanne, Where are you? I have not seen you for a couple of days.

Rebecca, I voted early this morning. You really have a job cut out ahead of you good luck and thanks for the challenge. This was alot of fun.

Shawna, I have no idea of the Scrapper you mentioned yesterday,but there are several out there that do what you had mentioned, it is very unbecoming. On another note internet scrapbooker BEWARE !!!!! I have not mentioned this before but just about a month ago I met what I thought was fellow scrappbooker and a possible new friend right here on sb.com . We met at her home and then went over to Archivers for a 6 hour crop. This individual was very rude, made me feel very uncomfortable and then invited another individual who also was very rude. She would make statements about all these drama queens that were here at the crop she was rude to the crop host and several of my friends. At one point she even scared the [email protected]!! out of myself and some others, One of my friends walked by and saw the LO I was working on, it has all three of our doxie girls in it. I turned and said to her how much we really love those little WIENNERS!!!!, At this point Physco Sally jumps up out of chair slams her hands on the table and screams at me " There not Wienners!!!! There Dachshunds!!!!! Wienners is a dirty word!!!!!!" By this time I was mortified. I think someone forgot thier meds that day. I thought about just sitting there the rest of the evening and making a lo that said weinners on it about a thousand times, but then thought better not, I did have to take her home and I wanted to arrive alive. In the end her univited friend took her home and thankfully I have never hear or seen from her again!

OMG!!! I have gone on forever well I need to get back to work SYL.

Lilgem
Lilgem 
Idol
Lilgem

Beth-sorry for your uncomfortable situation...but I have to admit, picturing a LO with "weinner" all over it made me laugh out loud!

On a good note, I'm in the top 5 for fablady's Spring forward LO...I have never been in the top 5 for a challenge before, and all the LOs are beautiful, so I am honored! If you'd like to help us out and vote, here is the link...

http://www.scrapbook.com/forums/showtopic.php?fid/18/ti...

*jesse*
Idol
*jesse*

• The Wind Walker Said:
" There not Wienners!!!! There Dachshunds!!!!! Wienners is a dirty word!!!!!!"

Thanks for perking up my morning Beth! Sorry you had such a bad experience though.

I can also relate to the job hunt issues. I've been looking for a new job for awhile for variuos reasons, one of which is more $$. Unfortunately, this area has a really bad economy, and 90% of the jobs advertised (even some that require a college degree, which I have!) pay $8-$9 and hour.

Better get back to my current job...

Diva
In response to *jesse*

.... not dead.

A friend drove up from Austin, so we've been in crafty heaven for a few days, and a little too distracted to wander online.

AnnsWorld
Veteran
AnnsWorld
In response to PookasCrayon

Beth, that Family album of yours is so pretty! Love it! And what an amusing experience - WIENNERS! lol!

I just finished this simple layout for some of the flower pics that i took...

Spring Fever By AnnsWorld

My Creative Shenanigans
Idol
My Creative Shenanigans
In response to AnnsWorld

WIENNERS,WIENNERS,WIENNER S,WIENNERS,WIENNERS,WIENN ERS,WIENNERS,HEHEHEHEHE!! !!!!

Okay I feel better now!!!

I just entered another challenge. This can be addictive. It is a scraplift challenge. I have always wanted to try this. So here is my submission please critique away.

Sisters from the Same Garden
By The Wind Walker

Saucier131
Diva
Saucier131

Gosh, I have SO much to catch up on!!! I am going to pop back over in a bit and catch up on layouts but just wanted to say real quick that I went and voted for you Audrey! Yay for making the poll! I made the poll for the Pick a Quote challenge so pop in and vote if you get a chance! Be back in a bit. (PS - Beth - that psycho scrapper story further affirms my fears of whackos! Weiners! ROTFLMAO! The way she calls it a "dirty word" makes me think of Kathy Bates in that Steven King movie "Misery..." freaky stuff! LOL!) Talk to you guys soon!

chattycat
Expert
chattycat

JCI and ACU

You guys have been busy!! The LOs are absolutely FAB!!!!

Audrey, Keli--I will go back and leave comments a little later today. They all look awesome!!

Beth-SO glad to hear you're feeling better and things are getting back to normal. Too funny about the weiner story What a crazy freak. Anymore, I think the more scrappers I meet here locally, the crazier they get.
The one I was telling you all about from last Friday I actually met on the veggie board last August. Now what made me think anyone from the veggie board would be decent to hang with is beyond me BUT she is a rotten little #$%@. Shawna-you got the right idea girl--BEWARE.

Ooooo and Shawna--glad to hear you have an LSS fairly close by. The little one that just opened here is really cute and she carries all the latest and greatest stuff that the big boxes don't. There's a pretty cool crop area in the center of the store and she wants people to just come and hang out and scrap there but I'm a little scared to do that. (see paragraph above about meeting crazy people) I also have a VERY difficult time pre-planning and packing things to go crop away from my stash. I like to be able to paw through all my junk and find the right thing. BUT--that being said, you might really like scrappin with others every now and then and you might meet some cool ones
(just tryin to say you really probably havn't been missing out on a thing)

Well, the patio will be done in a few weeks (I'll make sure to take pics) but that's not really what's been stressing me. It's the french drain we put in on Friday that has me a little freaked. I'm hoping we didn't make a little water nuisance a major foundation issue. I'm actually hoping for rain so I can see what happens. I really don't want to call in the "professionals"--like we have any here-and have them quote us $15,000 for a new french drain. I'll dig the thing up and live with a little water before I do that. It's been ok for 8 years-I think it will continue to be ok.

Can you tell I'm totally stressed and just wanting some flippin closure here?!?

I need to scrap this week and get this off my mind.

chattycat
Expert
chattycat

Oh--forgot-Audrey, I voted for you! and Shawna I'll get over to that challenge and vote for you too!!

I HAVE to find out who you're referring to. I think I have an idea but it's been weeks since I've even checked out the gs board or the gallery. You're whole gripe kinda ties in to my gripes about my veggie board stalker. It's not a jealousy,ohmygoshyou'resu chanawesomescrapperI'm notworthy situation. It's more of a getoffityou'rereallynothi ngspecialandfranklyitmake smewanttovomit kinda situation.

Oh, and speaking of vomit, that new LSS I was telling you all about??? Some dirty rotten $#%@ had the nerve to bring her nasty stomach virus-ridden rugrat into the store who then proceeded to vomit on this poor storeowner's brand new carpet within 15 minutes of her grand opening. I'm still just fuming over this. Not to mention everyone in there was directly exposed, thank you very much.

Hubby says in some cultures that would be considered good luck. I know I'd be thinking it was a bad omen.

My Creative Shenanigans
Idol
My Creative Shenanigans

Shawna, LOL on the Kathy Bates thing, when I was sitting across the table from her at Archivers and I almost envisioned her with a sledge in her hands screaming " THERE NOT WIENNERS!!!" LOL. She really was scary. You know now I beleive all those stories about bad internet dates.

Lilgem
Lilgem 
Idol
Lilgem

Kathy-sorry about your stressful situation, french drain and all. Some days I'm glad I'm not a home owner....but then I realize I'm basically throwing money away each month for rent...and I'm not allowed to have my puppy....and I have to walk down three flights and pay to my laundry, and then I wish I wasn't a renter!

You post about the veggie board person made me laugh!

celstin0406
Idol
celstin0406
In response to AnnsWorld

Hi ladies!

I am sorry I've been MIA. With last week's conference and this week being Fall registration, I have barely a moment to breathe.

Anyhoo, not just here for self-promotion (I will go back and catch up, I promise!) but I am in the Final 10 for the March Color Challenge and I'd love it if you'd pop over there and vote. Vote for your favourite, even if it ain't mine (but hopefully it IS mine )

keliloves
Idol
keliloves
In response to celstin0406

Audrey - I voted! I loved that layout of yours.

Ann - crossing my fingers that you find the perfect job.

Beth - your family album looks great and I am going to go back and comment on it. OMG on the "Weinners is a dirty word!" I almost peed my pants! I know it was probably very creepy at the time though.

Deanne - glad you have been crafty with your friend. And I love your avies! I always wonder what you will have next! Keep em coming!

Cathy - I hope your drain situation works itself out. We have had soooo much rain here lately that my backyard has been a creek! Well it is really a ditch but when we get alot of rain it gets really deep. In fact here is a pic of my kids playing in it.

In the Creek
By Keliglover

Shawna and Carolyn - I am going to look for your polls to vote!

I think there was a layout posted too that i missed so I am going back a page to comment on that.

Everyone have a great day and thank you all for the comments on my recent layouts. I have some ideas for improving the blue and green fishing LO and I will re post it when I am finished.

celstin0406
Idol
celstin0406

BTW, I have been poking around the challenges when I get a small break and I voted for Audrey's "maidens" and something for Shawna recently (I can't remember which one).

I also voted in the challenge that Shawna hosted, the Flaunt your Funk one.

celstin0406
Idol
celstin0406

Okay, commments...

Christy, so glad no one was hurt in the fire

Sandra, I here you on life being too hectic. Ugh, I barely have time to go to the bathroom right now! And I am using the time I might spend peeing posting here so you KNOW my priorities are messed up

Beth, I got your email about the Peeps, that was a riot!

Shawna, WTG on quitting smoking! Also, I am pretty sure I know EXACTLY who you are talking about, someone who is revered as AMAZING, but everything looks the same to me. And she's all about self-promotion, popping in to whatever thread "just to share". It drives me nuts. But I am the irritable sort

S'all for now, back to the grind!

byondbzr
Queen
byondbzr

OK gals...I'm peeking my head back in here,go ahead let me have it!...

Sorry I haven't been around. March was so busy for me,and my back was bad for about 10 days so I was on a lot of pain meds. The busy month is over,and I'm determined to get back to normal.

I can tell you I'm behind about 20 pages,and there is NO way I can make it all up! If you want me to relinquish my spot,I'll understand. I would like to stay,try and catch up some. Let me know!

AnnsWorld
Veteran
AnnsWorld
In response to byondbzr

hello ladies! ACU!

I got tired of looking for jobs so i did a page instead lol! Here it is:

Life By AnnsWorld

Oh and thanks for the comments on the Spring layout... And i got tagged on those 7 random facts thing... now i have to go think lol!

AnnsWorld
Veteran
AnnsWorld
In response to AnnsWorld

Geez everybody has been tagged! lol! But i finally did mine after being tagged twice or three times i think...

And speaking of facts, i remember i did a blog post on my 100 facts 3 years ago... i decided to transfer it to my blog... IF you want to know more about me, check it out (link under my signature)

It's 4pm... it's gloomy... and i'm getting hungry... i think i will go eat some sorbet! See ya later!

chattycat
Expert
chattycat
In response to AnnsWorld

Ok Shawna--still havn't figured this mystery narcissist(did I spell that right?) out. I need a good laugh today. I want to turn all my negative water drainage issues on some self-important scrappin "goddess". I'm really just curious to see what so many people on this mb think are "awesome" LOs.

Ann--you go girl. You are on a SERIOUS scrappin mojo roll!!

I have a confession to make. I bought a package of really awesome ribbon from Target today after I told hubby no more sb supplies for the whole month of April. I had to have it. It was velvet. and pretty.

Shawna, I forgot to say congratulations and keep going strong girl!!! If you get through the first 5 days -it's all mental from there out. (Well, hopefully, you won't go mental) I quit after 10 years too at 29--COLD TURKEY. zicam gave me a BAD reaction so I had to stop using it. YOU CAN DO IT!!!

Alright, no scrappin today but I feel better

AnnsWorld
Veteran
AnnsWorld
In response to chattycat

Cathy, i always make those promises but i ALWAYS end up buying something anyway lol! And yeah i am in the scrapbook mood these days... maybe it's an effect of stressful job hunting!

Shawna, i left a comment in your page but anyway will mention it here as well... it's just paper... i just added a few embellies here and there coz i didn't want to mess up the paper design...

janet28rn
Queen
janet28rn
In response to AnnsWorld

Cathy: Glad to know I am not alone on the "water issue" ordeal. I got home yesterday to DH and my inlaws tearing the basement apart thanks to all the rain and snow melting we have had recently. It could be worse, yes... but this is bad enough. UGH.

celstin0406
Idol
celstin0406
In response to janet28rn

Ugh for the water issues, Cathy and Janet.

I'm bad about saying I'm not going to buy any more supplies and then finding something I just "have to have". It's especially bad right now because I don't have time for scrapping but I still manage to find time to buy supplies

Saucier131
Diva
Saucier131

Geez I am getting further and further behind on catching up in here! I get to read most of the posts but don't actually get to post BACK as often as I was because work has been hellish, I am an emotional puddle lately - want to talk about Kathy Bates - that's me! My poor hubby...one minute I am chipper as can be and the next I am ready to chop off HIS foot! (or whoever has the foot closest to me) I am sure it's a whompin' combo of quitting smoking, PMS, work stress and major family stress/drama (what else is new). But, enough about that!

Cathy - so funny that you quit at 29 after 10 years. Ditto for me. I am really, really trying this time. (The other times I was full of ******** and think I knew I wasn't really gonna quit before I even tried.)

Everyone - thanks for all your support and well wishes on the quitting!

*jesse*
Idol
*jesse*

Still trying to find to catch up... got to comment on Ann's last LO, need to find time to go back and look at everything else! I check sb.com most often from work, and it's been super crazy here. Almost walked out yesterday. Been having issues with my boss for awhile, and it went from Tues. afternoon her telling me I'm going a great job to yesterday AM her completely going off on me because I'm missing deadlines and making her look like an idiot. She's done this several times, and I've had it. Later she did apologize (a first) saying she's just had a lot of stuff going on outside of work. OK, so don't take it out on me! I've learned I can't have an opinion, if I say anything it's taken the wrong way and I get in trouble for it. Wow. That's enough on that topic!

You can do it Shawna! I know several people who've quit smoking and they all are very happy they did.

The scrap queen dissing is still amusing me. At least I'm not the only one who can't stand people like that.

Naughty scrap shoppers!!! I need to quit buying stuff too. But it's so hard!

Happy Thursday.

Lilgem
Lilgem 
Idol
Lilgem
In response to *jesse*

Hi girls-thanks so much for all the votes! So sweet of you guys.

Rebecca-don't feel bad that you are having a busy month...we all have busy months. Just know I still want you here-you are an amazing scrapper...I LOVE all your work. Just do what you need to do and hop on here when you have the time...we'll still be here!

Carolyn-Congrats on top 10! I'm gonna go vote soon. And, go to the bathroom for goodness sake! lol

Keli-cool pic, looks like fun!

Cathy-I haven't figured out the gueen scrapper either...someone care to pm me?? oh, and good luck not buying supplies. When I have to get just one sheet of paper, I always tell myself, "just go in for that one thing" but I always walk out with so much more...it's a sickness!!

Janet-sorry to hear about the water in your basement, I hope you didn't have any cherished items down there.

Shawna-sorry you've been stressed lately. Hope you start to feel a little better.

Jesse-sorry about your work situations-you boss sounds crazy!!

Great LO, Ann.

Hi to everyone else I may have missed!

I'm going out of town on Friday. My grandfather just turned 85 and my mother's side of the family in Nebraska is having a party and throwing my sister a bridal shower. I doubt I'll be able to get on the computer....oh no! What will I do!?!?!?!

Lilgem
Lilgem 
Idol
Lilgem

Carolyn- I voted! Your LO is awesome! Love the bright blue

celstin0406
Idol
celstin0406
In response to Lilgem

• RubysMom Said:

Thanks!

How many challenges was your Maidens lo in? I swear I've voted for it on at least three separate occasions!

Saucier131
Diva
Saucier131

I am catching up a moment at a time so if these posts seem scattered and apply to things like 10 pages ago, my apologies in advance.

Ann - hope the job search is going well, but if it's not, there's always sorbet! And the search (or lack thereof - I don't know which! lol) does seem to be inspiring some wicked cool pages!

Jesse - I hope everyhing gets better for you at work - no one needs the rollercoaster of being complimented one minute and put down the next. (Though I spose it may be par for the course in many jobs which is unfortunate...)

Alright, be back to try to catch up some more later!

Lilgem
Lilgem 
Idol
Lilgem

• celstin0406 Said:
  • RubysMom Said:

Thanks!

How many challenges was your Maidens lo in? I swear I've voted for it on at least three separate occasions!

LOL! and thanks! It was in three challenges...one word title, and two spring challenges...thanks for the votes!

ScrappySan
Expert
ScrappySan
In response to Lilgem

Yeiiii!!!!!!!! I'm ACU! At least from page 39 forward...

Shawna - I have a Queen in mind :-) And yes, you should be aware of creeps. It's funny though hearing about creeps on this wonderful site. The weirdest thing for me was when a fellow Finn became a member and also became my friend - she has never posted any lo:s but got more and more friends. Suddenly I noticed she had removed me but kept the others! Maybe she recognized me in the pictures and remembered she doesn't like me or something Speaking about that - I love NY - can I come anv visit Just kidding - except I do live NY.

Beth, Ann and Jesse - good luck with the job hunting! Hope you'll find something exciting.

Carolyn - that's a hectic life if you don't have time to pee! Someone said you only need to pee 4-8 times a day if you're normal, but I guess I'm not normal then which means less time for scrapping...

I just came back from running and haven't taken a shower yet... (Good you can't feel the smell through the internet.) I love it when spring is coming and you can go out even though it's late.

Otherwise life's still hectic but I'm trying to use some of my baby's sleeping hours for scrapping. I work part time and take care of our child at home and now I've started on a project I'll work with next fall, but that has to be started already. So I work a lot of hours for something I'll be paid for in a few months and I've already realized that my new partner doesn't have a backbone. Every time there's a problem he e-mails me! He gets paid to do this already so I think he should solve his own problems. Now I try to make phone calls and write e-mails on his behalf with a 1 year-old hanging in my pants. Sorry, I had to get it out.

I'll post my latest lo for you to see - I haven't done that in a while.

Have a great day everybody!

ScrappySan
Expert
ScrappySan
In response to ScrappySan

Charming By ScrappySan

I forgot the lo - here it is.

My Creative Shenanigans
Idol
My Creative Shenanigans

Okay I have been a voting fool this week my goodness. Let's see I voted for maidens, the hubby challenge, the title challenge the color challenge. WOW!!! I hope everyone does well and good luck I will be by later to do some more catch up. SYL

celstin0406
Idol
celstin0406

Well, I am going to be MIA again for a few days, since we are off to Florida from tomorrow until Monday. It's just a quickie trip to spend some time with my dad and I am not relishing bringing a restless, crazy toddler on the plane for three hours. The older one can be entertained by our portable DVD player but my daughter's going to be a nightmare.
She'll be like this ---->

Woe is me, I am beginning to wonder if I will ever have time to scrap again!

Edited by celstin0406 on 04-03-08 03:28 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

TableScraps
Mayor
TableScraps

Hey all! I am still existing, but that is about it!!!
I WAS doing really well but my mom got in a real BITC% of a mood today and brought me REALLY down! UGH.
I remember really laughing as i went through the posts....but not really sure what i was going to respond about...

~to those with water issues..ALL of the parkland in our city is FLOODED BADLY(they are saying that it's the worst in 30 yrs)...(thank god we're dry so far!!)

~POOKA: love your new name!!!

~to the person that just showed up again after being MIA: no worries! welcome back! I understand completely! (my mom had a housefire so my mom and 98yr old grama are living with ME! )

and i have to go now. sorry.

ScrappySan
Expert
ScrappySan

Good morning! I see it's easier to be ACU if you check in every day - daaah!

Carolyn - enjoy Florida! And thanks for the little "comic strip" about your daughter - made my day a little brighter :-)

Christy - what can I say... except sending some happy thoughts your way. Must be hard! Hope you see a happy ending not so far away...

Today we had social services visiting us. We're thinking about a second adoption and the process started today! With the speed in the adoption world here today we MIGHT have a little brother or sister sometime 2010-211. I won't get my hopes up but I'm excited!

See you, Sandra

byondbzr
Queen
byondbzr
In response to Lilgem

• RubysMom Said:

Rebecca-don't feel bad that you are having a busy month...we all have busy months. Just know I still want you here-you are an amazing scrapper...I LOVE all your work. Just do what you need to do and hop on here when you have the time...we'll still be here!

Thanks Audrey,I appreciate your sweet comments! I just feel bad,I don't want to let anyone down. I am back,I will be keeping up on lovin'! Here are a few atc's for a swap with luciscraper's critique group that I got finished up..

First attempt at ATC's!
By Byondbzr

ATC's for swap
By Byondbzr

byondbzr
Queen
byondbzr
In response to byondbzr

I have to run some errands today,and plan on doing some scrappy shopping. I hope my LSS has some new BG! I also need some more sugar coating since I'm really going through it on my sugar coated swap. Check out the pretty flowers I made...

Flowers for sugar coated swap
By Byondbzr

ScrappySan
Expert
ScrappySan
In response to byondbzr

• byondbzr Said:
I have to run some errands today,and plan on doing some scrappy shopping. I hope my LSS has some new BG! I also need some more sugar coating since I'm really going through it on my sugar coated swap. Check out the pretty flowers I made...

Flowers for sugar coated swap
By Byondbzr

Really pretty flowers! How do you make those?? Impressive.

I have to ask ... what does MIA mean? Didn't somebody here have a list with all the different shortages?

ISL (I'm so lost)

chattycat
Expert
chattycat

Whoa--I really need to get on here daily like I was before the dreaded drain crisis

Sandra-Beautiful new LO!! I'm so excited for you with new adoption plans! Hubby and I were attempting an adoption through China back in 2001 and then 9/11 and SARS happened and that was squashed. Then by the time he was stationed in Korea(where adoptions are relatively quick still) in 2006 we had decided too much time had passed and our son was already a teenager and we didn't want to start over It turned out to be the right decision for us though so it's all good.

Keli-thanks for the pic of " A River Runs Through It" That put things in perspective for me.

Janet-We're soul sistas!!! Sorry to hear about the flooded basement I don't have a basement to flood but I'm almost wishing I did since we're on slab and if that sucker moves, we're in deep doo-doo. Looks like our drain MIGHT be working the way it should. No more standing water by the house. For now. It's supposed to rain all weekend

Rebecca-I'll be back later to leave you some comments but they look awesome!! Don't worry about how much you can get on here. We've all been super busy the past week!

Carolyn,Audrey--enjoy your weekend trips!!

Shawna-your mood swings are from the withdrawal. STAY STRONG. Mind over matter. They DO go away. Remember this every single day-it takes 28 days to break or start a new habit. I promise you, when the 28th day rolls around, you will be thinking about it less and less.

Christy-hang in there. I've had a pretty #$%@ week myself obsessing over my problems.

Jesse-it's Friday!!! Hopefully you don't have to work over the weekend??? Next week is a new week.

Did I miss anyone?

There. Enough motivational speaking for today. I think I will accidentally drop in at the LSS and accidentally browse for some new paper. I'm feeling some scrappin comin on for a rainy day tomorrow!!!

chattycat
Expert
chattycat
In response to chattycat

Oh, one more thing--

Rebecca-I too would like to know how to sugar-coat flowers. I usually don't have any problem sugar-coating things

*jesse*
Idol
*jesse*
In response to chattycat

*waving arm frantically* Me too! I'd like to know how to sugar coat flowers also.

AnnsWorld
Veteran
AnnsWorld
In response to *jesse*

ACU!

Sandra, way to go on the adoption thing... i hope all goes well.. and your layout is so cute!

Rebecca, those sugar coated flowers made me hungry! but seriously, they look adorable how did you do it?

YAY TGIF!!

byondbzr
Queen
byondbzr
In response to AnnsWorld

• AnnsWorld Said:

Rebecca, those sugar coated flowers made me hungry! but seriously, they look adorable how did you do it?

OK,OK girls,I'll tell ya!!!!!

First,get some Doodlebug sugar coating,I HIGHLY recommend this product! They sell it in the superstore,I'll link it to this post. It is ALOT smaller than regular glitter,you can't see the individual pieces,which is why it looks like sugar! IF you are close to a Joann's,I have seen ultrafine glitter next to the regular glitter in the general craft section. It looks pretty comparable to sugar coating.

Alot of people use Diamond Glaze to sugar coat. I don't happen to have any,and so I've found that Scrapper's Spray works GREAT!! I spray the flowers lightly,then sprinkle on some sugar coating. After 5 minutes,I shake off the excess,and pour it back in the bottle for later use. I let them sit an hour,then I seal them with Krylon clear spray adhesive. It is a must to seal them or the sugar coating will rub off on your LO/project/page protector! The spray is strong smelling,but if you leave the flowers out for about 12-24 hours,the smell is gone! Hope that helps!!

I am about to sugar coat the shaped ribbon for my swap,I'll share when I'm done!

byondbzr
Queen
byondbzr
In response to chattycat

• chattycat Said:
Oh, one more thing--

Rebecca-I too would like to know how to sugar-coat flowers. I usually don't have any problem sugar-coating things

byondbzr
Queen
byondbzr

• ScrappySan Said:

I have to ask ... what does MIA mean? Didn't somebody here have a list with all the different shortages?

ISL (I'm so lost)

MIA=Missing in action! Which I am totally guilty of,but,I am back and will get my butt caught up as best as possible!

byondbzr
Queen
byondbzr
In response to byondbzr

Here's the ribbon I finished up for my swap!

Sugar coated ribbon for my swap
By Byondbzr

AND ladies,if you love the sugar coated flowers,I've decided to do a small RAK,for this group only! I have come up with a number between 1-50,and I have written it down already. IF you want in,pick a number and the closest without going over will receive a RAK of 10 sugar coated flowers! I'll give this until next Wednesday(April 9) so hopefully everyone who's interested can have a chance at guessing!

Edited by byondbzr on 04-04-08 01:37 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

AnnsWorld
Veteran
AnnsWorld
In response to byondbzr

ooohh funnnnn!

Wow those ribbons turned out really nice too! Hmmm what number can it be... i'm in i'm in! and my guess is 38!

*jesse*
Idol
*jesse*
In response to AnnsWorld

What does RAK actually stand for?

I just got Cathy's funny about sugar coating things. Wow. I think I'm having a blonde day!

janet28rn
Queen
janet28rn
In response to AnnsWorld

Rebecca: I think you have talked me into buying some sugar coating... I always look at it and think of how pretty it is but wouldn't know what to use it for. I think you all should watch out though, because as soon as I buy it, you may notice it all over

byondbzr
Queen
byondbzr
In response to janet28rn

RAK=Random act of kindness. Meaning,I will be sending the flowers to whoever wins with absolutely no expectation of anything in return! Go ahead,pick a number!

chattycat
Expert
chattycat
In response to byondbzr

woo-hoo!! I love a RAK! Rebecca-you go girl!! I pick 16. I'm wanting to kick myself right now cuz I saw that Doodlebug fine glitter last Friday at the new LSS and a couple of my friends picked it up but not me. NO. Just couldn't think what I'd possibly do with it. DUH!!! Didn't make it in there by accident today so I'm going tomorrow morning first thing and hopefully she'll still have it.
thanks for the directions

Edited by chattycat on 04-04-08 03:50 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Saucier131
Diva
Saucier131
In response to chattycat

Ok so I am hearing talk of RAKs but I am ridiculously tired and just dropping off my 2 pager I finished and then stumbling up to bed. So funny, I tell my hubby about the RAKs and he thinks of his bed in the barracks way back in the day. lol! Anywho - here's my layout, I have to get some shut eye - beyond exhausted tonight.

Will catch up in the morning!

Sister Sunday By Saucier131

janet28rn
Queen
janet28rn

Rebecca: My guess is 28. Thanks for this chance to win. What fun!!

AnnsWorld
Veteran
AnnsWorld
In response to janet28rn

Shawna, your page looks great!

ScrappySan
Expert
ScrappySan
In response to AnnsWorld

Thanks Rebecca for the help! I won't pick a number because sending stuff to Finland can be quite expensive

Cathy - interesting to hear about your adoption plans! SARS was a sad thing, but good if you feel you did the right choice anyway.

We're having a beutiful sunny Sunday today and are on our way out. I hope there will be some scrapping time later today.

Thanks for the comments on my latest LO - I appreciate it!

Hope you'll have a sunny Sunday too

Sandra

byondbzr
Queen
byondbzr

Popping in to say hi! Sandra,PLEASE take a guess! I have mailed a large envelope full of scrappy stuff and a journal to Sweden,and it only cost $3. All I will be sending is a small envie and 10 flowers which weigh practically nothing! It shouldn't cost much more than a dollar and some odd change. That's NO problem. So GUESS girl!

ScrappySan
Expert
ScrappySan
In response to byondbzr

Rebecca - ok, great and thanks! I'll pick number 33.

*jesse*
Idol
*jesse*

Rebecca, I choose 7! Thanks for this contest... those flowers are AWESOME!

It actually nice here this weekend. Sunny and 50's. Had to use the silly guy... need something to laugh at. Bf is grumpy, and I'm not any better. I'm working on a cj and got so frustrated with it last night that bf suggested I should just quit sbing b/c I get too stressed. I guess I do- I get so mad b/c I used to be able to crank out 3-4 really good lo's in a day, but now I struggle to do 1 mediocre lo in a month. I hope it's come back to me someday.

Back to tax work. Hope you're all having a good weekend!

janet28rn
Queen
janet28rn
In response to *jesse*

Jesse: Don't feel bad... I'm in a scrapping slump lately too. We all have our days. Don't quit though - it's supposed to be FUN, not stressful!

AnnsWorld
Veteran
AnnsWorld
In response to janet28rn

Hi Ladies!

I hope everyone is having a great sunday... we have great weather today here too! Clear blue sky and sunshine... hubby and i were out on the deck this morning enjoying it...

I just finished this layout, all paper materials from K&Company... I bought this 900 pc scrapbook kit in Michaels for $10 BUT geez there were like 10 pcs of paper and everything else were those tiny teeny weeny embellishments! no wonder it was 900! never again! lol! and so i am trying to finish most of it off...

I AM By AnnsWorld

Edited by AnnsWorld on 04-06-08 10:33 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

AnnsWorld
Veteran
AnnsWorld
In response to *jesse*

• *jesse* Said:
Rebecca, I choose 7! Thanks for this contest... those flowers are AWESOME!

It actually nice here this weekend. Sunny and 50's. Had to use the silly guy... need something to laugh at. Bf is grumpy, and I'm not any better. I'm working on a cj and got so frustrated with it last night that bf suggested I should just quit sbing b/c I get too stressed. I guess I do- I get so mad b/c I used to be able to crank out 3-4 really good lo's in a day, but now I struggle to do 1 mediocre lo in a month. I hope it's come back to me someday.

Back to tax work. Hope you're all having a good weekend!

It's okay Jesse, it's just one of those days! It'll come back!

janet28rn
Queen
janet28rn
In response to AnnsWorld

Ann: I hate those "deceiving" packs... it will make you look much closer next time, huh? Oh well, live and learn. I like your page a lot though!

Saucier131
Diva
Saucier131
In response to janet28rn

Hello friends! It was a gorgeous Sunday!!! Actually got out and did some waterfall hunting (that's our thing in the spring and summer). Would've been great but unbelievably, the sun did little to improve my foul mood and Beau (our lab) was so freaking pumped up to be out and about that he was literally dragging us all over the place! (He is usually off-leash - and behaves MUCH better off-leash, believe it or not!) But the waterfalls are dumping big time this time of year with all the melting snow and rain and the rapids and pools have way too strong a current to allow him the opportunity to go jumping in there. (Which, again being a lab, he no DOUBT would!) So hubby and I spent most of the time trying to hold him back and ******** at each other on what was the better way to handle his misbehavior. lol! Ugh.

Did get some great pictures of the rainbows over the waterfalls - hope to get some pages done with those soon.

JESSE - DO NOT give up! Everyone has slumps - sometimes you just have to put it aside for awhile and come back to it when you're spirit is more up to it. Also - if you are feeling out of inspiration, I read somewhere to pay attention to billboard adds, travel magazines, etc. and that you can get cool layout elements from the promos in the mags. just an idea. Hang in there sister! Ann - your layout looks great - you have not been having any scrapper's block apparently! Lol!

Rebecca - did anyone pick 29? That's my guess. Cool little contest - I hope Jesse wins actually - she needs to get her scrappin' mojo back!

Cathy - thanks for the constant encouragement on staying away from those ciggies. So far, so good. It'll be a miracle if my husband doesn't leave me before these 28 days are up though! (kidding...I hope!) ;0

Sandra - good luck on adoption #2! I think it's wonderful and hope that your little one gets a little sister or brother real soon!

Anyway, here's a layout I finished for my sister's graduation album. I have 2 cards to get done and still want to get one of those rainbow pics scrapped so toodoloo for now. Hope you ladies enjoy the rest of this beautiful Sunday!

Precious Time By Saucier131

Edited by Saucier131 on 04-06-08 03:19 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

byondbzr
Queen
byondbzr

Checking in! Here's the list so far for the RAK:
Ann/AnnsWorld....38
Cathy/Chattycat...16
Sandra/ScrappySan...33
*Jesse*...7
Shawna/Saucier131..29

Here are a few atc's I finished for a swap with luciscraper critique group...

Crackle stone angel ATC's
By Byondbzr

ScrappySan
Expert
ScrappySan
In response to byondbzr

Jesse - I think I know how you feel - it's like there's an on-off button and when it's off it's really off. Something will switch it on again I'm sure!

Shawna - I love it when dogs are so happy they can't control themselves. It gets messy though... we have a cat that I hope is happy. One can only guess...

Great work Ann, Shawna and Rebecca on your new lo:s. I didn't manage to scrap at all this weekend but I have a challange to finish before Friday

Today is one of the two days a week that I can work many hours as my hubby's home with our child and I feel the pressure! My job right now is to write drama manuscripts for 3-5 year olds and it's a challenge. Kids in this age have great fantasy but I have to be politically correct, write stuff that they understand but still find some excitement. I can't use speech either, only voiceovers so I'm tearing my hair.

This is the first time ever that I work alone with no group to change ideas with and I've realized that I'm definitely a team person! We lost our team since 7 years because of cut-offs in my company and I miss my collegues very much. Today we're gathering at one collegue's house to welcome her new baby. It's a blessing with collegues you WANT to meet outside working hours - isn't it? So if you have that - be grateful for every day it lasts

OK, enough with cheesy Monday wisdom. Have a great week everyone!

Sandra

Saucier131
Diva
Saucier131

• ScrappySan Said:
Jesse - I think I know how you feel - it's like there's an on-off button and when it's off it's really off. Something will switch it on again I'm sure!

Shawna - I love it when dogs are so happy they can't control themselves. It gets messy though... we have a cat that I hope is happy. One can only guess...

Great work Ann, Shawna and Rebecca on your new lo:s. I didn't manage to scrap at all this weekend but I have a challange to finish before Friday

Today is one of the two days a week that I can work many hours as my hubby's home with our child and I feel the pressure! My job right now is to write drama manuscripts for 3-5 year olds and it's a challenge. Kids in this age have great fantasy but I have to be politically correct, write stuff that they understand but still find some excitement. I can't use speech either, only voiceovers so I'm tearing my hair.

This is the first time ever that I work alone with no group to change ideas with and I've realized that I'm definitely a team person! We lost our team since 7 years because of cut-offs in my company and I miss my collegues very much. Today we're gathering at one collegue's house to welcome her new baby. It's a blessing with collegues you WANT to meet outside working hours - isn't it? So if you have that - be grateful for every day it lasts

OK, enough with cheesy Monday wisdom. Have a great week everyone!

Sandra

Sanra - that was great Monday wisdom! And I needed some! I am not a fan of Mondays!

And I, too, love it when doggies are in a sheer state of bliss over life - Beau is permanently there. He is happy about everything but it can be quite the challenge controlling a 90 pound ball of energy! LOL!

Your script work sounds amazing! I can only imagine what a challenge it is though trying to do it on your own since your partner doesn't seem to be all that helpful! Exciting career though - I envy you for that!

Anyway, thanks everyone for the love on my layouts - I am doing the April Absurdity challenge where I have to scrap 40-some pics in 28 days so that's why the last couple have been 2-pagers - hard to get that many pics in but it will definitely help me put a dent in my endless piles of pics!

Hope everyone has a great Monday - talk to you all later!

Lilgem
Lilgem 
Idol
Lilgem

Good morning everyone!

I am back from Nebraska-sigh of relief. But, my aunt and uncle live on 10 acres of beautiful hilly land so I got some good pictures.

Jesse-I feel like I am in a slump too. I did a sketch challenge and hate the result, and then last night I was working on my rolodez card quote swap...when I realized I did the sizes all wrong! Gaaa...so I put larger paper behind the cards, but I feel like it just looks stupid-but those small little cards took forever to do so I am not redoing them!

Sandra-good luck with the adoption. It sounds like a stressful but exciting time! And your job sounds fascinating! I envy you your creative job!

Rebecca-I forget to what number we can guess...so I guess....25.

I am going to try and get some scrapping done, but tomorrow I am having a party............for my kitty. Lol, don't make fun, I know I am a nerd! She is turning 1. And then on Wednesday, Matt and I are going to a Sox game, Woohooo!!! Today is their home opener. And then on Friday, Matt and I are getting up at the crack of dawn to catch a flight to Florida for a wedding. I'm actually really excited about that!!!

Shawna-hope the quitting is getting easier and easier.

Cathy-your "accidental" visit to the LSS made me laugh!

Hi everyone else!!! Sorry if I missed anyone. You guys were chatty while I was away! Ohh, and I love all the new LOs, going to leave some love soon.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics