Username Post: Color Copy 12x12 scrapbook page        (Topic#1455255)
kristin9312
Pro
kristin9312

Okay ladies. Help. Where do you get color copies made of your scrapbook pages? Do you take the actual page into the store and have it copied or what do you do? I just called all of our local ups stores and they say they only do 11x17. I called staples and they told me for a 12x12 color copy it would be $5.00. That sounds ridiculously high to me.

So if you don't actually take the layout in...how do you get a copy of it?

Mo34
Mo34 
Guru
Mo34
  • Mo34 on 03-06-08 10:06 AM
In response to kristin9312

around $5 is what it costs at my lss...sometimes they run a special buy 1 get 1...that's always nice!

Gelidy Gelato
Diva
Gelidy Gelato

I use a company called http://www.sbtoshare.com/ They scan the page (color correct it if needed), send you the file, and make archival printouts.

on the plus side
They are GREAT to work with, use a great deal of care with your pages, and the printed copies are often BETTER then the originals. They even take the pages out of protector sleeves and put them back in... in the correct order. I think they are cheap. $.50 to scan, paper printout $1.50. Once you have the good quality scan files you can make unlimited printouts, make different sizes (like a 8 x 8 version), and if you are photo software savvy you can even touch up the scanned files.

on the negative side
You have to mail them your pages. The 12 x 12 reprints have a white border (due to the limitations of their equipment).

cynderellaj
Guru
cynderellaj
In response to Gelidy Gelato

If you have an Archiver's Store near you, I know they can do 12x12 copies....and they look as good as the original.

riverroadrn
Diva
riverroadrn
In response to cynderellaj

I took my entire scrapbook to a place called Carolina Memories in Durham NC and had it copied to CD, but they would also print your pages for nearly nothing.

I bet you any OfficeMax, or Staples or Kinko's can do it.

kristin9312
Pro
kristin9312
In response to riverroadrn

all of the places I called only do 11x17 not 12x12. Did the places that you went to actually print 12x12 or did they reduce it to a 11x11

scrap4brains
Queen
scrap4brains

My only choice is a local office supply store. They copy at 92%, it's a good quality copy, but a bit smaller. I like the scanning idea, thanks.

dwelch
dwelch 
Diva
dwelch
In response to scrap4brains

It depends on why you want a copy. Is it just so you'll have it in case the original book gets destroyed in fire or flood? If that's the case, just photograph your layouts, crop them, adjust the size and print them off. Or do what I do - I have a separate memory card for my digital camera that I use only to photograph my scrap pages. I keep that card in my camera case and just put it in the camera whenever I have a couple to photograph.

planty
planty 
Diva
planty
In response to dwelch

I just uploaded pics to costco.com and saw that they now print 12x12. I dont ever print my pages out so Im no help there.

planty
planty 
Diva
planty
In response to scrap4brains

• scrap4brains Said:
My only choice is a local office supply store. They copy at 92%, it's a good quality copy, but a bit smaller. I like the scanning idea, thanks.

The only word of caution I have is that if you use 3 D stuff on your pages the scanner doesnt do well with it. well mine dont I have a canon MP530. You can see in my gallery all the scans Ive made of my pages and the 3d stuff is always fuzzy

Scrappy Nan
Idol
Scrappy Nan
In response to planty

ok, i go to my local FedEx Kinkos and use the self serve color copier. for the 11X17 it's around $1.89 a copy. i place my layout on the glass and reduce about 90%.

but i only color copy when i am entering a LO contest or such where they don't want the original. i like doing it myself, and for around $2 it's reasonable.

skarletbegonias
Guru
skarletbegonias
In response to Scrappy Nan

I've made copies at Archiver's for around $1.50 for a 12x12 copy. I thought they came out really nice. I've heard good things about Office Max and Kinkos, but the paper is thiner I think.

memex9
memex9 
Queen
memex9
In response to skarletbegonias

Hi gals.....I have a question. What is the opinion of Matte paper vs Glossy paper from the company ScrapbooksTo Share.com??? It is the one linked up on the first page of the thread????

I am curious also, has anyone had their 12 x 12 pages scanned and printed to 8 x 8 and how did that turn out???????

Thanks so much......I have a grandson, that has been missing from our family since he was 10, and we have found him again. He very much wants to know our side of the family and I want to copy the Heritage Album pages for him. I was considering just doing an 8 x 8 but am concerned about the size of the photos etc., once it is all shrunk down to 8 x 8!!!!!! Thanks again!!!!

Gelidy Gelato
Diva
Gelidy Gelato
In response to memex9

you could do a test. Other than very tiny text or photos with tiny faces, I don't think shrinking 12 x 12 to 8 x 8 will be a problem.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics