Page 2 of 29 
Username Post: Virtual Crop Week #53: Still Celebrating        (Topic#1455331)
LeeLo
LeeLo 
Diva
LeeLo
  • LeeLo on 03-07-08 10:10 AM
In response to BlingQueenRia

• BlingPrincessRia Said:
  • LeahDee Said:
HUH???

Do what to WHO for HOW many Twinkies???

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to LeeLo

• LeahDee Said:
Okay...from what I am seeing, Wishblade is more expensive.

Up front the WB/Craft Robo/Silhouette choice is more expensive...but you don't have to buy any cartidges to use it. It will work with any true type fonts in your computer. If you're someone who likes a lot of font options, the cricut could quickly become more expensive than the WB/CR/SIL.

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to moxiegirl23

Testing the new blade. I'm a little grumpy because I still can't get the white Bazzill to cut, but I also don't feel like messing up more sheets of it, since the smaller letters will be covered in stickles anyway, I will figure out how to do the big letters later.

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia
In response to LeeLo

• LeahDee Said:
Okay...from what I am seeing, Wishblade is more expensive.

This one that I'm being offered is about the same price, maybe a little less depending on shipping, as a Cricut Expression on evilbay. The new Wishblade s are expensive. However, I don't know how loud the Cricut is, and I have heard tell that the Wishblade is LOUD. And I like to scrap at night, and I usually scrap on a whim and cut things out as I'm working.

Part of me wants BOTH. But that's greedy. I only need, and have room for, one. I still have my huge carryon-bag-style laptop bag so that IF I bought the Wishblade , and I took it to help Jory's teacher, I'd be able to fit Lappy and Wishblade in the big bag.

Wishblade

Pros:
Uses the computer

Cuts TrueType fonts and shapes

Doesn't need cartridges

Smaller than Cricut Expression and with my huge laptop bag, a little more portable.

I know who owns this particular one, and even though it's NIB (I think) it was well-taken care of before it came to be pampered by me.

Cons:
I can't find replacement blades/mats anywhere in town, they'll have to be ordered online. Which I can't always do.

Size is limited to 8.5x11

My printer stinks and the Print-and-Cut feature would DEFINITELY not be an option for me.

CRICUT EXPRESSION

Pros:
LOVE the fonts and shapes

Can cut up to 12x24, which could be very useful if I wanted to decorate the children's rooms with their names and other stuff.

Portable, too, in my large dufflebag if I pad it with a few of my super-soft blankets. (The green Cricut bag doesn't look big enough for the Expression.)

Hooks to the computer, too, though Design Studio Software and I can weld words and manipulate the fonts on the cartridges.

I can find blades, tools, cartridges, and mats EVERYWHERE in town for a reasonable price, even WalMart (evilbay is even cheaper on this stuff).

Cons:
Expensive. If I want to buy it in the store, it'll be around $400. If I want to order it through evilbay, I'll have to wait at least a week for it to arrive. I don't do well waiting for things that I've been wanting for ages.

Need to buy cartridges.

Can't use Coupons from M's or HL on Cricut stuff at all, not even tools. (I think they should allow it on the TOOLS...the blades...the mats...I can understand the cartridges, though.)

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

• moxiegirl23 Said:
I bought a new blade and cap set for my silhouette yesterday. I'm going to give my old blade to John and see if he can sharpen it for me. Worst case scenario, he can't and I still have a new blade. If he can, it means two blades.

I even experimented with the Personal Cutter's blade in my Wishblade . Same blade but different assembly. Doesn't fit into the WB right either. May play more with that once I have time and my laptop back.

I've read of people putting thick aluminum foil onto their cutting mats and letting the blade run through it in several places. Not tried that personally.

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

• BlingPrincessRia Said:
Wishblade

Pros:
Uses the computer

Doesn't need cartridges

Smaller than Cricut Expression and with my huge laptop bag, a little more portable.

I know who owns this particular one, and even though it's NIB (I think) it was well-taken care of before it came to be pampered by me.

Cons:
I can't find replacement blades/mats anywhere in town, they'll have to be ordered online. Which I can't always do.

I found a place that will sell just the blade for $30ish including shipping. I plan on ordering two as soon as I make enough money to pay bills and have extra $ Mats you can make your own, using either repositionable adhesive spray or repo 9" Xyron and some plastic sheets that they make for quilting templates.

you're limited to 8 1/2 wide, but I don't know how long you can actually go with this. I think I've put a legal sized piece of paper through this (8 1/2 x 14)

You can weld with WB in the software.

My printer stinks and the Print-and-Cut feature would DEFINITELY not be an option for me.

From what I hear, not many people use this. I would love to, but I haven't figured it out yet.

CRICUT EXPRESSION

Pros:

Can cut up to 12x24, which could be very useful if I wanted to decorate the children's rooms with their names and other stuff.

Portable, too, in my large dufflebag if I pad it with a few of my super-soft blankets. (The green Cricut bag doesn't look big enough for the Expression.)

Hooks to the computer, too, though Design Studio Software and I can weld words and manipulate the fonts on the cartridges.

I can find blades, tools, cartridges, and mats EVERYWHERE in town for a reasonable price, even WalMart (evilbay is even cheaper on this stuff).

Cons:
Expensive. If I want to buy it in the store, it'll be around $400. If I want to order it through evilbay, I'll have to wait at least a week for it to arrive. I don't do well waiting for things that I've been wanting for ages.

Need to buy cartridges.

Can't use Coupons from M's or HL on Cricut stuff at all, not even tools. (I think they should allow it on the TOOLS...the blades...the mats...I can understand the cartridges, though.)

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to Vivian loves BLING

Dh and I refuse to cosign for anyone. The Bible actually says not to be an assurance for anyone else's debt. To take the debt fully but never cosign. So when we bought the house for dd and her dh, we bought it ourselves. Took out a loan in our name only. They were making monthly payments until they paid it off in full.

This way also allowed us more control. When she and her dh split up last year, fortunately it was very temporary, it was a relief to us and dd that the house could not be in dispute. She and the boys would have a place to stay.

Now it's fully theirs and theirs to do whatever they wish. Still hoping they'll keep it. They only have to pay for electricity. Well, that and property taxes. Another topic, sorry.

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

• Bling Fairy Vivian Said:
  • moxiegirl23 Said:
I bought a new blade and cap set for my silhouette yesterday. I'm going to give my old blade to John and see if he can sharpen it for me. Worst case scenario, he can't and I still have a new blade. If he can, it means two blades.

I even experimented with the Personal Cutter's blade in my Wishblade . Same blade but different assembly. Doesn't fit into the WB right either. May play more with that once I have time and my laptop back.

I've read of people putting thick aluminum foil onto their cutting mats and letting the blade run through it in several places. Not tried that personally.

He's got tons of knife sharpening equipment around here, and he thinks perhaps one of his ceramic sharpeners will work.

As for the personal cutter, can you pop the metal part out and stick it in the WB blade assembly? That might be something to try...

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to LeeLo

• LeahDee Said:
For what you get vs. price, which is better? Wishblade or Cricut?

I really don't know much about the Wishblade , but it seems to be able to be connected to the computer. I've also heard you can get free fonts and stuff and you do not have to have everything on a cartridge. Again, I really do not know much about either.

What is everyone's opinions? I would like to purchase something like one of these soon, but am not sure which to go with.

You've come to the right place.

The Wishblade /Silhouette/Craf t Robo Master costs more up front than the Cricut. But they don't need anything else. There are files you can buy but you don't need them. There's even a forum here to share files that people created.

Both will require you to buy and/or refresh the cutting mats and blade.

The Cricut you are locked into buying their cartridges which in the long run will cost you more $$.

For the WB and the like, you can use any font on your computer that will do "outline," which most TTFs will do. It will do dingbat fonts, too. You can easily create your own files either within the software or free third party software. You can also download many files from various groups, including the one here and other places like Yahoo.

Never ever pay more than $400 for any of the WB or its cousins.

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

QK has Silhouette on sale this month (directly off their website) for $300.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

• moxiegirl23 Said:
  • moxiegirl23 Said:

He's got tons of knife sharpening equipment around here, and he thinks perhaps one of his ceramic sharpeners will work.

As for the personal cutter, can you pop the metal part out and stick it in the WB blade assembly? That might be something to try...

That's what I tried to do. But couldn't unscrew the assembly. Have to break the PCS's assembly for sure and did. Didn't want to break the old WB assembly even to replace the blade.

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

Ok. If John doesn't call me soon, I'm going to have to assume that he won't be here in time to pick Abby after he stops at the Concord NH LSS and picks up the paper I need. I'm a little grumpy because people messed around yesterday, so he didn't get home until almost 4 and he ended up having to go in early to finish what didn't get done yesterday.

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia

• LeahDee Said:

I really don't know much about the Wishblade , but it seems to be able to be connected to the computer. I've also heard you can get free fonts and stuff and you do not have to have everything on a cartridge. Again, I really do not know much about either.

What is everyone's opinions? I would like to purchase something like one of these soon, but am not sure which to go with.

The Wishblade /Silhouette/Craf t Robo Master costs more up front than the Cricut. But they don't need anything else. There are files you can buy but you don't need them. There's even a forum here to share files that people created.

The Cricut you are locked into buying their cartridges which in the long run will cost you more $$.

For the WB and the like, you can use any font on your computer that will do "outline," which most TTFs will do. It will do dingbat fonts, too. You can easily create your own files either within the software or free third party software. You can also download many files from various groups, including the one here and other places like Yahoo.

When I quoted the $400 price, I was also including shipping prices, because I was looking online. I'm sorry, I should have clarified. I was also looking at the new pink WB.

How exactly do you go about creating the files? Because I will be cutting a LOT of Disney Princess stuff for Lizzie, and tigers for Jory. If I could make stuff like that, and for free, that would be awesome.

Another question, for those of you with WBs or either of its sisters, does the WB make a LOT of noise? I'd hard it was noisy, but I tend to scrap late at night. Fridays and Saturdays it won't be a problem, but during the week it might. I don't want something that's going to be so loud it'll wake up my sleeping children.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

I'll post my response in purple.
  • moxiegirl23 Said:
  • BlingPrincessRia Said:
Wishblade

Pros:
Uses the computer

Doesn't need cartridges

Cons:

I found a place that will sell just the blade for $30ish including shipping. I plan on ordering two as soon as I make enough money to pay bills and have extra $
I used mine alot last year and didn't need a new blade for over a year. So it's worth the investment.
Mats you can make your own, using either repositionable adhesive spray or repo 9" Xyron and some plastic sheets that they make for quilting templates.

you're limited to 8 1/2 wide, but I don't know how long you can actually go with this. I think I've put a legal sized piece of paper through this (8 1/2 x 14)
The length is limited to mat/paper size minus 1 inch. The machine uses rollers and you can't cut all the way to back of any mat or Xyron ed back paper because of the rollers. This is true for the Cricut too. There will be a space that you can't cut.

You can weld with WB in the software.
I've come to hate the welding feature or using any welded letters. I tend to rip them no matter how careful I am. I find it easier to, for example, use scripty type fonts as individual letters. This way I can still place them on the layout like they were welded together. I get better results that way without ripping anything.

From what I hear, not many people use this. I would love to, but I haven't figured it out yet.
There's nothing I really care to print and cut. I'm not into graphics in that way. I did create a cut file for an E-Cuts file. But I think it will be way easier to manually cut these anyway.

CRICUT EXPRESSION

Pros:

Cons:

Need to buy cartridges.

As to portability, I don't want to nursing my machine at a crop. I do enough of that with the Sizzix stuff. I would only take my WB to overnight/weekend crops which also means a small group of close friends. I would feel the same way if I had a Cricut in either size.

At crops, I rarely finish any layouts. I'll do the titling and glitter gluing at home. Just better that way.

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

• BlingPrincessRia Said:
  • LeahDee Said:

When I quoted the $400 price, I was also including shipping prices, because I was looking online. I'm sorry, I should have clarified. I was also looking at the new pink WB.

How exactly do you go about creating the files? Because I will be cutting a LOT of Disney Princess stuff for Lizzie, and tigers for Jory. If I could make stuff like that, and for free, that would be awesome.

Another question, for those of you with WBs or either of its sisters, does the WB make a LOT of noise? I'd hard it was noisy, but I tend to scrap late at night. Fridays and Saturdays it won't be a problem, but during the week it might. I don't want something that's going to be so loud it'll wake up my sleeping children.

I don't find it incredibly noisy. Definately softer than my garbage disposal or my dishwasher.

As far as making your shapes, there's a site out there (and I can PM the link) with pre-done Disney shapes already.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

• moxiegirl23 Said:
Testing the new blade. I'm a little grumpy because I still can't get the white Bazzill to cut, but I also don't feel like messing up more sheets of it, since the smaller letters will be covered in stickles anyway, I will figure out how to do the big letters later.

Some Bazzill papers are just too thick. This was discussed alot on the Yahoo threads. Did you do a double cut? Where you have it go over all the lines? I do that with all the cardstocks.

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

Hee hee hee. John just called from the store. He has found my paper and is picking up some pink glimmer mist, some jungle/tiki themed embellishments and some other disney princess paper for me. If I thought he was going to be willing to get that much for me, I would've sent him up there with my punch card!

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

• moxiegirl23 Said:
Hee hee hee. John just called from the store. He has found my paper and is picking up some pink glimmer mist, some jungle/tiki themed embellishments and some other disney princess paper for me. If I thought he was going to be willing to get that much for me, I would've sent him up there with my punch card!

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

• moxiegirl23 Said:

Some Bazzill papers are just too thick. This was discussed alot on the Yahoo threads. Did you do a double cut? Where you have it go over all the lines? I do that with all the cardstocks.

Oh I figured out what I did wrong. When I put the new blade in, I didn't put it in all the way, so all it didn't touch the paper at all. I just ran it through again and it worked. I still have to redo 5 letters, but that's more because when I created the title, I put the letters too close together. I'm going to throw what I've already gotten cut through my X so when John and Abby get home, I can maybe knock out this one page...

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

• moxiegirl23 Said:

He just called back. "They don't have pink, they have {rattles off a list of colors} which one would you like?"

He's so good! (Must remember this for when he backslides into jerk mode.)

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

• moxiegirl23 Said:
  • BlingPrincessRia Said:

I don't find it incredibly noisy. Definately softer than my garbage disposal or my dishwasher.

As far as making your shapes, there's a site out there (and I can PM the link) with pre-done Disney shapes already.

All these digital machines are based on plotter technology. A system of pulleys, one that moves the blade assembly side to side and another set that moves the paper/mat back and forth. Both working at the same time. The paper/mat will go back and forth many times depending on what you're cutting. I made several mats so I could keep the same paper there until I used it up. That was before I learned to use just Xyron ed back papers.

It is loud. I think the Cricut seems quieter because it has more housing around it. I only use my WB during the day. Just too loud for me at night, even if it doesn't wake up ds who's bedroom is near my craft cave.

Scrappygal50
Queen
Scrappygal50

I have the original cricut and now the Wishblade . I bought the Wishblade because I didn't want to keep buying cartridges for the cricut. It makes no sense when I can print any font on my computer, plus shapes. I haven't figured out the trace and cut part, but I really haven't taken the time. Yes, I think the Wishblade is noisy so I only use it during the times when everyone is up and about. I think I will come to love my little pink WB the more I work with it.

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia

• moxiegirl23 Said:
  • BlingPrincessRia Said:

All these digital machines are based on plotter technology. A system of pulleys, one that moves the blade assembly side to side and another set that moves the paper/mat back and forth. Both working at the same time. The paper/mat will go back and forth many times depending on what you're cutting. I made several mats so I could keep the same paper there until I used it up. That was before I learned to use just Xyron ed back papers.

It is loud. I think the Cricut seems quieter because it has more housing around it. I only use my WB during the day. Just too loud for me at night, even if it doesn't wake up ds who's bedroom is near my craft cave.

I'm going to need something that's quiet enough that I can scrap at night without waking my kids up. I cannot just pre-cut earlier in the day for scrapping later because later I'll have a whole new outlook on the LO and want something totally different. I did that for those little candy things I made last Halloween and ended up not using them because they wouldn't stay on the rolls. So I came up with something else.

Scrappygal50
Queen
Scrappygal50

Here is the lo I did for the RR!

So Bummed

It is cold and rainy here. Not as cold as some of you, but the rain makes it seem colder. Think I need to start a fire.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

You do need to factor in how you scrap to decide which is best for you.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

Just finished my lunch of bbq chicken, alfalfa sprouts (that I grew) and sliced beets. Dang, feeling healthier already.

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia

You do need to factor in how you scrap to decide which is best for you.

I would love to have scrap time during the day. But during the day is when I run all my errands. Payday Mondays I barely get to breathe: get up at 8am (after closing the night before), go get my check, run errands until noon, come home and get Lizzie off the bus, go BACK out and run more errands until 4, come home and wait for Jory's bus to get here and DH gets home. I get about 45 minutes to rest before going to work. I work 5-midnight (Central time) five nights a week, 6:30-10pm on Saturday (a sixth night).

I have Fridays all day, and Saturdays until 2pm. It seems I'm spending most Fridays going "shop-it" with Tinkerbrat and Lizzie (LOVE that girl time, BTW) and don't get to even look at my scrap stuff until after dinner. This weekend, I doubt I'll get to scrap until tomorrow night.

DawnInAZ
Queen
DawnInAZ

• moxiegirl23 Said:
  • moxiegirl23 Said:

He just called back. "They don't have pink, they have {rattles off a list of colors} which one would you like?"

Was your answer, "Gee honey, could I try all of them?"

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to DawnInAZ

Back to those red pix of mine.

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia
In response to DawnInAZ

• DawnInAZ Said:
  • moxiegirl23 Said:
  • moxiegirl23 Said:

Good answer, Dawny! would you like to join the Bling Court?

DawnInAZ
Queen
DawnInAZ
In response to DawnInAZ

Does the Wishblade require being hooked up to a computer when cutting out something, or does it store info?

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to DawnInAZ

• DawnInAZ Said:
  • moxiegirl23 Said:
  • moxiegirl23 Said:

No, I was shocked that he called at all! When he called the first words out of his mouth were "I'm here. I have your paper. Is there anything else you want?" and launches into several pp and embellie descriptions. He's getting me a purply color.

DawnInAZ
Queen
DawnInAZ

[quote=BlingPrincessRia][ quote=DawnInAZ][quote=mox iegirl23][quote=Bling Fairy Vivian][quote=moxiegirl23 ]Hee hee hee. John just called from the store. He has found my paper and is picking up some pink glimmer mist, some jungle/tiki themed embellishments and some other disney princess paper for me. If I thought he was going to be willing to get that much for me, I would've sent him up there with my punch card!
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]
Was I not already part of it?

I need to go heat up my lunch. brb

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to DawnInAZ

• DawnInAZ Said:
Does the Wishblade require being hooked up to a computer when cutting out something, or does it store info?

Requires hook up to work at all.

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia
In response to DawnInAZ

• DawnInAZ Said:
  • BlingPrincessRia Said:

Was I not already part of it?

I need to go heat up my lunch. brb

I didn't think you were...so I extended an invite. If you're not, you can be...if you already were, how on Earth did I miss that????

Scrappygal50
Queen
Scrappygal50

Started a fire. Once I get warm I might be able to make it to the kitchen to straighten it up. When I dumped the ashes outside, I realized it was warmer outside than in the house.

Scrappygal50
Queen
Scrappygal50
In response to Scrappygal50

Okay, I'm feeling some heat. I think I can move now without freezing. Anyone started their circle journal yet? I've started on the journaling.

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia

I haven't started yet..I'm still getting names so I know how many LOs to do.

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

• Jesus Rocks Said:
Okay, I'm feeling some heat. I think I can move now without freezing. Anyone started their circle journal yet? I've started on the journaling.

I have some ideas in my head, but I haven't decided if I'm participating or not. I'll know on Monday, after I see how organized I can get (totally out of control right now) this weekend.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

I really gotta get this pix of my mother's done and uploaded for developing before I start on my Circle Journal layouts.

I think I'll use either white or black as my bg paper. Got plenty of both. Then I will probably change up some of the pp that I'll use. I'll keep the photo(s), journaling, and embellies consistent in size and placement but don't know about the pp's because don't know how much I'll need of them. I've got 8 to do so far, and probably a couple more than that. So ...

I'll take a current photo of myself wearing my tiara. I may even put on some make up.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

Liz, I'm having to use Curve and Hue/Saturation. They're looking sooo much better.

DawnInAZ
Queen
DawnInAZ

One of my scrapping friends at church passed around her circle journal. It was an actual circular shaped home made accordian-type album in a altered paint can. Very cute!

DawnInAZ
Queen
DawnInAZ
In response to DawnInAZ

I just talked to my dad.
My sis and bro in law WERE victims of the housing market. They had a ARM type mortgage. The housing development they are in finally sold the remaining homes, but $50,000-70,000 less than my sister's home value. So when they tried to refi, the home value now does not equal the current mortgage value. Their payments had ballooned to just over $3000/month.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to DawnInAZ

• DawnInAZ Said:
I just talked to my dad.
My sis and bro in law WERE victims of the housing market. They had a ARM type mortgage. The housing development they are in finally sold the remaining homes, but $50,000-70,000 less than my sister's home value. So when they tried to refi, the home value now does not equal the current mortgage value. Their payments had ballooned to just over $3000/month.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

I was grieving over all the red pix that I had already had developed. I developed all the photos for my mother as soon as I got the CD. I didn't want to trash all these but now I realize that I could use them. I'll use my square punches to make borders with them. Silly, I know but it was really bothering me to just trash these 300 pix.

c-leaper
Queen
c-leaper
In response to scrappycath

While I work on getting caught up on sbcomlife...and work on getting my scrap space back into something resembling "shape" - I wanted to share.....

Superbaby By C-leaper

I did this for the March Color Challenge - use red/blue/yellow.

Hugs to all!

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to c-leaper

Hey, Jenni!

Scrappygal50
Queen
Scrappygal50
In response to DawnInAZ

• DawnInAZ Said:
I just talked to my dad.

Whoa! That's horrible! I feel for them!

Scrappygal50
Queen
Scrappygal50
In response to c-leaper

• c-leaper Said:
While I work on getting caught up on sbcomlife...and work on getting my scrap space back into something resembling "shape" - I wanted to share.....

Superbaby By C-leaper

Hugs to all!

I got a big fat frowning face saying the image could not be found.

Scrappygal50
Queen
Scrappygal50

Got the kitchen clean, now waiting on washer to fill up so I can get a load in.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

• Jesus Rocks Said:
  • c-leaper Said:

Superbaby By C-leaper

Hugs to all!

I got a big fat frowning face saying the image could not be found.

I did too at first. Then I hit [F5} to refresh and I got the right page.

foltzy
foltzy 
Governor
foltzy

Ria I use my Craft Robo at night. It doesn't wake the kids up and it's out in my living room. My son's room is right on the other side of the wall and my daughter's room is right down the hallway (I can hear her snoring at night).

foltzy
foltzy 
Governor
foltzy
In response to foltzy

Oh yeah hi

Dawn I'm so sorry to hear about your family members.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

• Jesus Rocks Said:
  • DawnInAZ Said:
I just talked to my dad.

I really don't know how to respond to this. I feel terrible for them but it just blows my mind, the financing, etc. I can't even imagine the strain of a mortgage payment over $1,000.

Dh and I are both very odd about what we'll finance. As it is, we buy used cars, cash and with enough set back to make repairs.

Our home will never be impressive to most folks but it's bought and paid for. As long as we keep up the tax payments, there's no danger of losing our home, except for hurricanes and tornadoes.

I sure hope there's some way they can salvage their home.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

• Jesus Rocks Said:
Got the kitchen clean, now waiting on washer to fill up so I can get a load in.

Thanks for the reminder. My load is sitting in the dryer. I also want to get my bed linens into the wash. Trying to that every Friday.

LeeLo
LeeLo 
Diva
LeeLo
  • LeeLo on 03-07-08 12:11 PM

Thanks for all the info on the Wishblade & Cricut Expression! Sorry...I started the conversation and then left. It was lunch time!

Well...I guess I have a lot to think about!!

LeeLo
LeeLo 
Diva
LeeLo
  • LeeLo on 03-07-08 12:12 PM
In response to LeeLo

$3,000 mortgage! That's awful!

The housing crisis is CRAZY!

LeeLo
LeeLo 
Diva
LeeLo
  • LeeLo on 03-07-08 12:13 PM
In response to LeeLo

DH worked from home again today.

LeeLo
LeeLo 
Diva
LeeLo
  • LeeLo on 03-07-08 12:17 PM
In response to LeeLo

Can Cricut not be hooked to the computer at all? Can you cut anything from the computer with it?

LeeLo
LeeLo 
Diva
LeeLo
  • LeeLo on 03-07-08 12:18 PM
In response to LeeLo

Ha Ha...I think I've chased everyone off! Sorry...

foltzy
foltzy 
Governor
foltzy
In response to LeeLo

You can hook the Cricut up to the computer if you have their Design software. Use have to still use the cartridges though.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to foltzy

I'm still here. I'm working through all those red pix of mine.

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to LeeLo

• LeahDee Said:
Ha Ha...I think I've chased everyone off! Sorry...

I'm still here. I finally got all the letters cut out for my album title page, John's home with what he bought for me at the scrapbook store and I'm finally working on the LO I started (and ruined) earlier this week.

Scrappygal50
Queen
Scrappygal50

I'm here! I went ahead and did the vacuuming after getting the load in the washer. With a dog in the house I have to keep up on the vacuuming.

Scrappygal50
Queen
Scrappygal50

It's definitely not cold anymore. Too hot, I'm melting!

NMlady
NMlady 
Governor
NMlady
In response to leebla

• leebla Said:
Oh my word you should have heard my daughter slam the door on her way out this morning. I was in the bathroom and she didn't know I was up, and she's mad because I haven't picked up her phone yet from the principal.

The way she slammed the door, even if I go pick it up today she my not get it back!

Stick to your guns Elizabeth. If it was me I'd be tempted to hold on to it until spring break or trade it back for her doing a huge chore.

NMlady
NMlady 
Governor
NMlady
In response to leebla

• leebla Said:
Well, my agenda includes getting dressed, running to the lab and pick up some equipment, run to my office to see a patient, run to another lab to drop off the equipment, and make it back here before the big storm hits...with a stop at the grocery because we are now out of bread, and milk....

and a stop at Wendy's for breakfast because we are out of bread and milk....

Ours doesn't serve breakfast. What does yours have on it's breakfast menu.

NMlady
NMlady 
Governor
NMlady

• scrappycath Said:
I'm beat. I've had meetings all day every day at work this week, Then evening meetings Tuesday & Wednesday, and then taught a CPR class last night. I'm dragging!!!!

I bet you are dragging Cathy, I don't know how some of you ladies get done all that you have to do. Cathy what you need is a wife to help you out!!

NMlady
NMlady 
Governor
NMlady

• scrappycath Said:
  • moxiegirl23 Said:
  • leebla Said:
Oh I hear you on the flodding thing!! Even with all the marshes and dams and flood control plains we have built in to our area...bad. And now we are supposed to get this big snow storm...I'm sticking to major highways today!

We're under a flood watch until Sunday night. That snow storm you're getting is coming to us in the form of torrential downpours. I'd rather the snow - it will be less messy.

DH was just telling me "your friend in NH is going to be getting some real messy weather"!!

He no longer thinks you are virtual. He knows that you are real!!

momany
momany 
Idol
momany
In response to NMlady

DH just got back from taking the boys to a Dodger game. He said, "A person could make a lot of money inventing discreet air-conditioned underwear."

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to NMlady

Hey, Joy.

DawnInAZ
Queen
DawnInAZ

• Jesus Rocks Said:
  • DawnInAZ Said:
I just talked to my dad.

I really don't know how to respond to this. I feel terrible for them but it just blows my mind, the financing, etc. I can't even imagine the strain of a mortgage payment over $1,000.

Dh and I are both very odd about what we'll finance. As it is, we buy used cars, cash and with enough set back to make repairs.

Our home will never be impressive to most folks but it's bought and paid for. As long as we keep up the tax payments, there's no danger of losing our home, except for hurricanes and tornadoes.

I sure hope there's some way they can salvage their home.

I wish they could salvage the home. This is my sister's dream home.
I talked to my dad at lunch. He told me they have no other options. They tapped their savings awhile back. Its just the way it is now.

Scrappygal50
Queen
Scrappygal50
In response to DawnInAZ

Feeling a little tired. Think I am going to take a cat nap!

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia
In response to DawnInAZ

Hi, girls! I'm back for a few minutes anyway, to warm up. We waited for the mailman until 1:30pm, and then I said I wasn't waiting any longer and we had to feed the kids. (Gave 'em a snack as soon as Jory walked in the door, he had a half-day today.) Got home about 20 minutes ago, and I refused to sit outside and wait for the mailman (it's 33* outside) so I came in to warm up and wait and see what all's going on here. Leah, you weren't the only one to start it, I had TONS of questions about Wishblade ...

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

I've accomplished stuff today!

Grocery shopping- check! (Though the non-perishables are in the car awaiting John's muscles to help bring them in)

Light housecleaning - check!

Fix the inventory spreadsheet I made for my business and redistribute it to my unit members - check! (though I did forget to attach it when I tried to send it this am!)

Go to LSS and buy some more paper for the Disney album - check!

Finish the LO I ruined earlier in the week - check! (and it's drying right now because the title has a light layer of Frosted Lace Stickles).

Cook dinner - in process. Tonight the Ellingwood family will be dining on tater tots, assorted fresh veggies and Untidy-Josephs.

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to NMlady

• NMlady Said:
  • leebla Said:
Well, my agenda includes getting dressed, running to the lab and pick up some equipment, run to my office to see a patient, run to another lab to drop off the equipment, and make it back here before the big storm hits...with a stop at the grocery because we are now out of bread, and milk....

Pretty much same as everyone else's biscuit sandwiches. Their blueberry muffins are pretty good. Mostly I go there because they brew their ice tea, not in their coffee pot like our McD's does, so it tastes like coffee....and their ice tea is much bigger than McD's for the same price.

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia

• moxiegirl23 Said:

I've accomplished stuff today!

Grocery shopping- check! (Though the non-perishables are in the car awaiting John's muscles to help bring them in)

Light housecleaning - check!

Fix the inventory spreadsheet I made for my business and redistribute it to my unit members - check! (though I did forget to attach it when I tried to send it this am!)

Go to LSS and buy some more paper for the Disney album - check!

Finish the LO I ruined earlier in the week - check! (and it's drying right now because the title has a light layer of Frosted Lace Stickles).

Cook dinner - in process. Tonight the Ellingwood family will be dining on tater tots, assorted fresh veggies and Untidy-Josephs.

Yay, Liz!

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia
In response to leebla

• leebla Said:
  • NMlady Said:
  • leebla Said:

Pretty much same as everyone else's biscuit sandwiches. Their blueberry muffins are pretty good. Mostly I go there because they brew their ice tea, not in their coffee pot like our McD's does, so it tastes like coffee....and their ice tea is much bigger than McD's for the same price.

Our McD's no longer brews our tea in the coffeepots. We have a separate machine now that just brews tea, so we brew it directly into the urns. We brew regular tea and sweet tea.

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia

I think the mailman is FINALLY here (only three hours late, he's usually here about the same time as Lizzie's bus, between 12 and 12:30). Going to HOPEFULLY go cash a check and run some errands that include a stop at HL for more half-price adhesives. Going out to dinner tonight (again, IF the check came which it's supposed to), so I don't know when I'll be back tonight. But I will be back.

NMlady
NMlady 
Governor
NMlady

• Jesus Rocks Said:
Why not make her a card? If you have heart punches, these are great for making a shamrock.

That's very thoughtful of you. You're a wonderful daughter-in-law/love.

I do plan on making some for her in the future. I want this card to be special because it's going to be hard on her. I don't think I'm all that wonderful, I just know how devastated I would be without my husband. They loved each other the way my husband and I do. Half of her is gone. Well, enough of that, it's making me teary eyed. Time for me get out and take care of business.

Sounds like your having fun with your grandson. I can't wait till I have one to spoil.

See ya soon!

I remember when my dad passed away (he was just short of his 45th birthday) I made sure to remember all the important days for mom. His birthday, her birthday, their anniversary, etc. Daddy had always sent me flowers or plants on my bday and vday after I left home for college. The first vday after he died mom had a plant delivered to me. It was also the day we were moving into the first home we'd bought, which we had had built. The card said she knew he'd be proud for us.

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla

My accomplishment for the day....
Made it to points ABDC in 3 times the amount of time if should have taken me....point C was for naught because the patient canceled right before I got there. I stopped at the grocery for bread and milk on my way home. And I am not voluntarily leaving this house the rest of the weekend.

Tried 3 times to explain to my hubby that I do not care if it is not even starting to snow where he is 100 miles away from here... the roads and the weather are terrible here. The storm has hit, the snow is piling, the wind is blowing, the schools closed early. Churches, doctor's offices, our choir, and even some factories are canceling activities for tonight and tomorrow. 4 counties have already issued Level 1 snow emergencies...and perhaps he should leave early. He did not. So I told him NOT to call me on his way home and give me a step by step of how bad it is. I'll see him if and when he makes it home.

momany
momany 
Idol
momany
In response to NMlady

• NMlady Said:
  • Jesus Rocks Said:
Why not make her a card? If you have heart punches, these are great for making a shamrock.

I do plan on making some for her in the future. I want this card to be special because it's going to be hard on her. I don't think I'm all that wonderful, I just know how devastated I would be without my husband. They loved each other the way my husband and I do. Half of her is gone. Well, enough of that, it's making me teary eyed. Time for me get out and take care of business.

Sounds like your having fun with your grandson. I can't wait till I have one to spoil.

See ya soon!

I remember when my dad passed away (he was just short of his 45th birthday) I made sure to remember all the important days for mom. His birthday, her birthday, their anniversary, etc. Daddy had always sent me flowers or plants on my bday and vday after I left home for college. The first vday after he died mom had a plant delivered to me. It was also the day we were moving into the first home we'd bought, which we had had built. The card said she knew he'd be proud for us.

That is so thoughtful!

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to momany

Ok.Dinner is almost finished cooking and I think I'm going to find a quiet corner and curl up somewhere. I got up when John did this morning (4) and it feels like years have passed since morning.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to leebla

Great going, Liz, on all your accomplishments.

I finally got my kitchen floors scrubbed really well today. Still haven't finished the laundry. Still playing with those red pix. Decided to start all over after learning more about the software. Need to do tutorials first!!

Did get the babysitting done. That's one item I can check off.

Still have the Video tape library for the church to do. About 50 tapes that need to cataloged and relabeled.

Got a phone call from a church friend. They're redoing/sprucing up the church tonight.
1) Can I join them? No, got other plans already.
2) Would it bother me if they move some of my stuff around? No. I'll move things back if they don't work for me in the new location.
3) Any suggestions? Yes, tons. Went over several key issues. Does and don'ts that WILL bother other people. Told her where certain things were located that really should find other homes.
Nice chat in the long run. I'm excited to see what they get done. Dh had a good laugh when I told him the conversation.

Don't have to cook, otherwise that's what I'd be doing normally at this time.

Son went to friend's house. Took paintball stuff with him. It's raining. I hope they stay safe, no matter what.

Still somewhat playing with my glitter glue collection. Combining and mixing.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

Now Bradley is coming over for a quick visit. BBL

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla

Okay, it is Friday, it is after 5.
Normally that wouldn't matter to me if I still felt I had work things to do. But today, I just don't feel like it. I feel like working on ME stuff. I feel like scrapping or something.
So I am closing my work laptop and sorting pics. I have all these ones I found while we were cleaning, after I printed what was on my computer! Which I should have done days ago if I wanted to have any of them printed at WalMart, because there is no way I am getting there now!!!
Guess I will be printing on my own!

daezee
daezee 
Diva
daezee
In response to leebla

Hi everyone! I'm so glad it's Friday. I'm still feeling ratty and today was terrible...started off when one child vomited (projectile, of course) all over his desk and three other students. Sent another one home with a 101.8 fever this afternoon. Five kids out total.
I'm glad to be home. COME ON SPRING!!!!

daezee
daezee 
Diva
daezee
In response to daezee

My house needs a total and complete cleaning this weekend. Hope I'm up for it.

daezee
daezee 
Diva
daezee
In response to daezee

Weather missed us again. They were originally predicting at least 6-7 inches. Then that dwindled to 3-5, now it's missed us completely. I guess just south of here they are getting slammed.
Jenni----our news said you were getting around 3-5?
Our weather people haven't gotten ONE forecast right the entire winter.

momany
momany 
Idol
momany
In response to daezee

• daezee Said:
Hi everyone! I'm so glad it's Friday. I'm still feeling ratty and today was terrible...started off when one child vomited (projectile, of course) all over his desk and three other students. Sent another one home with a 101.8 fever this afternoon. Five kids out total.
I'm glad to be home. COME ON SPRING!!!!

Monica
And here's a Springy Dance to cheer you up!

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to leebla

Men!
My hubby just called me...
"I am leaving work now and there is absolutely no snow here. The roads are dry. How bad could it possibly be there?"

"I don't know honey, I guess it's not bad at all. I probably imagined the 4 inches in our driveway and that they closed schools, doctors offices, county offices, and factories in our area."

"Well I don't understand because there is nothing here. They are only calling for 2 inches in Toledo the whole weekend." I said "Yippee! Stay there, sounds better than the 14" they are calling for here!"

Scrappygal50
Queen
Scrappygal50
In response to NMlady

• NMlady Said:
  • Jesus Rocks Said:

See ya soon!

That's very sweet! You have to help each other along at times like these.

momany
momany 
Idol
momany
In response to momany

We have to go to a fund raiser auction tonight. I'd rather stay home, cuddle up and watch an old movie.

Scrappygal50
Queen
Scrappygal50
In response to momany

I laid down but didn't really sleep. Right now I'm fixing to eat dinner while watching 2 hours of Stargate SG-1. I've got to get caught up. So I will try to check in later.

daezee
daezee 
Diva
daezee
In response to momany

Love that dancing banana!!!!

momany
momany 
Idol
momany
In response to daezee

I just chased a big racoon out of our strawberry patch! Stinker!

c-leaper
Queen
c-leaper

I also suggest anyone who wants to do this to do this Circle Journal to say so on thread at least. Otherwise I won't be PMing them with my addy and request. But they can PM me and/or others directly, too. So this can go alot of ways.

I agree that we can all be responsible for contacting people on our own instead of one person keeping one master list. But, as we've noted already, people skip parts of the thread and things that are posted only to the thread tend to get overlooked/missed. That's why I was saying we could add it to the VCW home page somehow - if not as part of the profile, then at least people can list in the blog whether they want to participate or not. Then we know who else to look for/contact that wants to play.

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to c-leaper

I am waiting for hubby to make it home to eat. He says he is bringing something home. But I am hungry now!

Yesterday my son bought me a Snickers bar, "just in case I had a bad day at work"

I will not go eat the Snickers bar, I will not go eat the Snickers bar, I will not go eat the Snickers bar.

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to leebla

I will go get a cold beer though!

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to c-leaper

• c-leaper Said:
I also suggest anyone who wants to do this to do this Circle Journal to say so on thread at least. Otherwise I won't be PMing them with my addy and request. But they can PM me and/or others directly, too. So this can go alot of ways.

I agree that we can all be responsible for contacting people on our own instead of one person keeping one master list. But, as we've noted already, people skip parts of the thread and things that are posted only to the thread tend to get overlooked/missed. That's why I was saying we could add it to the VCW home page somehow - if not as part of the profile, then at least people can list in the blog whether they want to participate or not. Then we know who else to look for/contact that wants to play.

Stating in the update blog is a good way to list who is doing the Circle! Great idea! Let's post that there?

Page 2 of 29 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics