Page 1 of 22 
Username Post: Virtual Crop Week #54 Is it Spring yet?        (Topic#1456149)
moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

What is this thread about?

Well, things get quiet here on the weekends, so a thread was started to just hang out and do a virtual crop. Since then it's grown into more. Several people are now "regular" including myself. We chat about anything and everything. (Warning: Sometimes we stray into areas that may be considered "adult," although we always try to be tasteful about it.) We share our latest layouts, pictures, whatever interests us. We have fun and encourage each other.

It's now all week long, too. Since it is a new thread each week, it's easier for anyone to join. Even though we start over each week, it's STILL pages and pages long. Don't be intimidated, we are happy to have anyone drop by and say hello. Some of us read all the replies and keep up, but it is not required. Warning: It can get addictive!

Circle Journal Information:
I suggest 8x8 format because it's easy to do and will fit into a standard mailer.

It's everyone's choice to do either a single or a two page spread and to add whatever you want. Vivian, personally, would like to see a current photo, likes and dislikes on whatever, and something unusual about each person. Like for Liz/Moxie to show her extensive Stickles collection.

To keep things simple, do the same layout for everyone. You could change papers and such depending on your stash but keeping to the same design will make things much easier/faster and no one gets a better page from you than the next person. If someone is short on funds/time to make copies, digitals are acceptable. Even digital copies can be doctored up (read that as blinged) to make a hybrid layout.

PM those you want page(s) from and you'll be getting PMs from others in the Circle. Just let it be known you're interesting in doing this in the thread. This isn't just for VCWer, so if you want to add other people, go ahead. It's your album.

Please leave updates about yourself HERE . This is for those who can't be online as much as they would like to be.

Most of us also really love bling and encourage bling usage!

Come visit OUR GALLERY to meet some of the irregular regulars!

There are several of us who are dealing with weight/health issues, too, so we've started a HEALTHY CHALLENGE as a way to have support and accountability for whatever your goals may be.

So come on! Don't be bashful! And don't be afraid of the fact that this thread MOVES. Just jump in wherever we are, and we'll be glad to get you caught up on what's happening. We never know what we're going to talk about or how silly we will get.

WARNING: Reading of, or participation in, this thread could result in food or drink being sprayed across your computer.
Please practice proper food safety; eat and drink responsibly.

Edited by moxiegirl23 on 03-14-08 05:10 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia
In response to moxiegirl23

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

Ok. The thread is started. Links are updated. I'm going to be unavailable today as I have a telephone training in an hour, cleaning, packing Abby's stuff for her trip to Nana's this weekend, and getting ready for a date tonight. Plus paperwork. Have a great one!

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia

You, too, Liz!

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia
In response to BlingQueenRia

From last week:

• DawnInAZ Said:
Liz, why not just use Ria's machine?
She said she would let you.
Why not spend money on something you really need? Is your reception expenses all paid for already? Did you get a dress for it already?

Yes, I did offer to share. Problem is, in the beginning I might not be too apt to let her do the playing, I might cut stuff out for her. Only asked that if she used it a LOT to chip in for blades/mats, which are a LOT cheaper than WB's blades/mats, especially at Wally-World.

From what I understand, just about everything for her reception is paid for, since she and her mom have been buying stuff for it for months. And her MIL is making everybody's dresses. (Hers, mine, and our other friend's.) I think it's going to be potluck, and everybody's bringing a dish. (I had a request for my home-baked "ronis.")

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia

OMG!

Rachael Ray just "pulled a Ria"...She was cooking and showing us how to make the ultimate ham-and-cheese sandwich. And suddenly says, "Cooking with HEAT works a lot better, let me turn this on..."

c-leaper
Queen
c-leaper

• moxiegirl23 Said:
Ok. The thread is started. Links are updated. I'm going to be unavailable today as I have a telephone training in an hour, cleaning, packing Abby's stuff for her trip to Nana's this weekend, and getting ready for a date tonight. Plus paperwork. Have a great one!

[ears perk up]

A date?

Edited by c-leaper on 03-14-08 06:45 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

BlingPrincessMarci
Diva
BlingPrincessMarci

morning!

c-leaper
Queen
c-leaper
In response to c-leaper

I can't find it.

Yesterday, when that former client called about me coming to be with her girls during the hearing, I jotted down her phone number & address because the phone number didn't come up on my cell phone.

And now I can't find the paper I wrote it on.

In a sense, thankfully, they're in a small - very small - town and she has a PO Box address, so I could probably just write to her c/o the post office and she'd get it. But it really bugs me that I can't find that paper.

To make matters worse...of all the old client files I have around here...that isn't one of them.

c-leaper
Queen
c-leaper
In response to c-leaper

LizFoltzy said:
Heat is back on pilot light went out

Jenni says:
Pilot lights scare me. We have one on the water heater. And something about the way the exhaust pipe is angled/run, if we have a REALLY windy spell, chances are about 50/50 that it'll blow back in/down the pipe and blow out the pilot light. I can do it...I just don't like to.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to c-leaper

Good morning!

Jenni, I hope you find the paper/info. That's so frustrating!

c-leaper
Queen
c-leaper
In response to c-leaper

[quote=BlingPrincessRia][ quote=c-leaper][quote=Bli ngPrincessRia][quote=c-le aper][quote=BlingPrincess Ria] Hi, Jenni!
[/quote]

Hi Sweetcheeks.
[/quote]

Hi, Sugarpie.
[/quote]

Honeycakes.
[/quote]

Schnookums.
[/quote]

Dahlin'.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to Vivian loves BLING

Old Thread:

• MarciMellow Said:
So I feel like everyone here pretty much knows each other well and I have just kind snuck in to try to be in this group, so I'm gonna give you a brief intro into me and my life.

Hi! my name is Marci, and I'm a Scrap-a-holic.

I have been married about a year and a half. My husband and I run a internet collectible business(www.thecollectorstop.com) and I work full time at Elder Beerman (as you've already heard, I work too much, but I love my job.) We have 2 cats (in my picture) and are going to try to get pregnant VERY soon. I had a miscarriage in early February. I am a HUGE football fan and am a pretty big baseball fan. Our lives seem to revolve around sports seasons, so we are on our downtime between football and baseball.

I'm drawing a blank on other things to tell, so if you have questions ask because I am not shy

and thanks for letting me "join" your group!

Nice to know you better, Marci!

c-leaper
Queen
c-leaper
In response to c-leaper

Shirley - take care of yourself. I'm sure DD will understand. Maybe she can have a "special" day getting to be "all grown up" and playing nurse and taking care of Mommy.

c-leaper
Queen
c-leaper
In response to c-leaper

Joy said:
That's such a pain Dawn, when you have such a drop in the temp.

Jenni says:
*SNORT* That's normal around these here parts.

c-leaper
Queen
c-leaper
In response to c-leaper

Rio said:
Sorry for speaking in third person...

Jenni says:
Sometimes it hurts less to do it that way.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

Just finished skimming the old thread. Caught up on this thread. Now to catch up elsewhere. BRB

BlingPrincessMarci
Diva
BlingPrincessMarci

youre welcome.. make me fell a little less of an outsider

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to c-leaper

• c-leaper Said:
  • moxiegirl23 Said:

[ears perk up]

A date?

Yes, a date! Dinner, live music, possible dessert and definately beer and NO CHILD!!!!! (well, mine anyway).

Mom wanted to borrow Abby for the weekend, so I'm driving her down after school. John's friend Chris Child is in from Colorado to sing at a local pub. We'll go up for dinner, the entire first set and we might even stay for the second! (We usually bring Abby when Chris comes to town and leave right before the end of or after the first set). Twice in a month, I don't know what to do!

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia
In response to c-leaper

[quote=c-leaper][quote=Bl ingPrincessRia][quote=c-l eaper][quote=BlingPrinces sRia][quote=c-leaper][quo te=BlingPrincessRia] Hi, Jenni!
[/quote]

Hi Sweetcheeks.
[/quote]

Hi, Sugarpie.
[/quote]

Honeycakes.
[/quote]

Schnookums.
[/quote]

Dahlin'.
[/quote]

Sweetpea.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

That sounds wonderful, Liz.

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia

I am off to go shop-it. I will be back later, maybe. Unsure yet of our plans. I know for sure DH and I are taking the kids out to dinner, and I'll definitely be here after that, full and happy. Talk to you girls later!

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

I'm here on a break. I just finished my training session. I have another one scheduled for next Wednesday. I worked on my CM paperwork for 2008 so I'm all caught up there. Yea productivity! The downside is my brain feels mushy. Ew.

I still need to throw some stuff in Abby's suitcase so she can go to Nana's tonight. Other than that, I think I've got most of what I needed to do today done.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

Gonna go do my 20 (or more) minutes on the elliptical, then walk to the mail box to mail off my 3 DVDs to NetFlix. Then get something out of the freezer for dinner tonight.

Chat later.

momany
momany 
Idol
momany

Popping in to say Hi!
I probably won't be around much this weekend. Dear friends are getting married tomorrow.
Plus, DD will be home for Spring Break and she's bringing two friends. When you live in Florida your children never come home alone for breaks!
I gotta go bake two cakes for the rehearsal dinner.
Have a great weekend, everyone!

DawnInAZ
Queen
DawnInAZ
In response to momany

• Diva foltzy Said:
I got one of those phone calls that no one wants to get at 3:30 in the morning. Brian's dad died, it was a massive heart attack and he didn't make it through surgery. Brian left to go get his belongings and whatever else he needs to do at the hospital. We've decided we're still going to go through with Micayla's party on Saturday but I'm not so sure how to tell her that he passed away.

I am so sorry Liz. Prayers coming your way.

DawnInAZ
Queen
DawnInAZ
In response to DawnInAZ

I did a couple updates on the update blog and also posted Liz/Foltzy's update.

jellyziva
Governor
jellyziva
In response to DawnInAZ

• Diva foltzy Said:
I got one of those phone calls that no one wants to get at 3:30 in the morning. Brian's dad died, it was a massive heart attack and he didn't make it through surgery. Brian left to go get his belongings and whatever else he needs to do at the hospital. We've decided we're still going to go through with Micayla's party on Saturday but I'm not so sure how to tell her that he passed away.

I am so so sorry to hear this, Liz. Prayers for you and Brian...

jellyziva
Governor
jellyziva
In response to jellyziva

I still have a little fever, but 2 tylenols took care of it. Got to go watch a movie now (Dr Seuss)... see ya later

DawnInAZ
Queen
DawnInAZ
In response to jellyziva

Feel better Shirley!!

BlingPrincessMarci
Diva
BlingPrincessMarci
In response to DawnInAZ

DEAL OF THE DAY!!!

At Walgreens that L'Oreal Infallible lipcolor.. that ive been told is awesome.... is buy one get one free! so not knowing what color looks good.. i got my 2. and if you dont like it you can return used maked up!

yay!

Kimberly Rae Cole
Diva
Kimberly Rae Cole

Hi all.... just getting back from working out and ready to sit down and get busy scrapping...

Kimberly Rae Cole
Diva
Kimberly Rae Cole
In response to Kimberly Rae Cole

Feel better Shirley, are you going to see Horton?

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

• Bling Fairy Vivian Said:
Old Thread:

• MarciMellow Said:
So I feel like everyone here pretty much knows each other well and I have just kind snuck in to try to be in this group, so I'm gonna give you a brief intro into me and my life.

I have been married about a year and a half. My husband and I run a internet collectible business(www.thecollectorstop.com) and I work full time at Elder Beerman (as you've already heard, I work too much, but I love my job.) We have 2 cats (in my picture) and are going to try to get pregnant VERY soon. I had a miscarriage in early February. I am a HUGE football fan and am a pretty big baseball fan. Our lives seem to revolve around sports seasons, so we are on our downtime between football and baseball.

I'm drawing a blank on other things to tell, so if you have questions ask because I am not shy

Hi Marci! What football team(s) do you like?

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath
In response to DawnInAZ

• DawnInAZ Said:
  • Diva foltzy Said:

Oh my. My sympathies to you & your family.

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath
In response to scrappycath

Liz & John are going on a date! WooHoo - have a good night Liz!!!!

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

Well, my lunch break is coming to a close. Gotta go!

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

Dh and I finally measured out what sizes we can have on our site and what we're interested in. Now to start getting in bids. Dreaming is one thing and easy to do. Making dreams come true... a whole other story! Work, work, work.

riorabbit
Queen
riorabbit

Good luck Viv! I hope it all works out!

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to riorabbit

I just won $10 from here for posting a review!!!

Breaking my Fast again.

riorabbit
Queen
riorabbit

That doesn't count as breaking your fast...it is FREE. silly!

riorabbit
Queen
riorabbit

Now why don't I win these things. Hee hee...

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to riorabbit

• riorabbit Said:

What I want to order is $40. So it will save me $10. I guess a new blade for my Wishblade isn't really breaking the fast either but ...

Tink-Hildur
Diva
Tink-Hildur

Hi I'm here and Ill be here until late .... I had a crazy week and missed all of you ..

Hi ... and happy weekend *blows a glitter kiss to the girls*

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to Tink-Hildur

• Tink-Hildur Said:
Hi I'm here and Ill be here until late .... I had a crazy week and missed all of you ..

Hi ... and happy weekend *blows a glitter kiss to the girls*

Missed you, Tink. Glad you here.

NMlady
NMlady 
Governor
NMlady

Liz/Diva, you and Brian have my deepest sympathy on the death of his father. I so remember getting that same phone call and just not comprehending it because Daddy wasn't even 45 yet.

DawnInAZ
Queen
DawnInAZ
In response to NMlady

Hello all!

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to DawnInAZ

I'd better get something started for dinner. Still don't know what to make but better get it started anyway.

DawnInAZ
Queen
DawnInAZ

Any suggestions on the idea about an organized Crop Time for all of us?

BlingPrincessMarci
Diva
BlingPrincessMarci

• scrappycath Said:
Old Thread:

• MarciMellow Said:

Hi Marci! What football team(s) do you like?

I am a Bears fan! Went to college to Purdue and Kyle Orton was my QB then and hes got a good chance of being 1st string QB for the Bears... especially if something accidently on purpose happens to Rex Grossman.

My husband is a Colts fan... so XLI SuperBowl was HUGE!!!! and I don't just watch.... i yell and scream at the TV. I LOVE footbll!

Baseball... im a Cubs fan!

riorabbit
Queen
riorabbit
In response to DawnInAZ

• DawnInAZ Said:

No... however,I have been sitting looking for jobs in the valley since it looks like I am moving this direction.

Sick of it... gonna take a break and go to SE.
Haven't been since the remodel. Want to see... and I have a gift card I got for my bday from parents. This could be bad though...very bad... I am excited! Hee hee...

Hmm...so if you know of any cool jobs in the psych/recreation area let me know. I don't quite have my bachelors so that can be an issue. My BS will be in psych with minor in Recreation management. I love working with teens (I was looking at church sites to see if there is a youth ministry position even. I used to do that and would love to do something like that again. I was also considering a Christian camp job for the summer. We will see... )

riorabbit
Queen
riorabbit

• riorabbit Said:

What I want to order is $40. So it will save me $10. I guess a new blade for my Wishblade isn't really breaking the fast either but ...

I was totally set to buy something the other day based on a coupon. lol. Then I read in a psych book some of the research about what people will do for a small savings. It was too funny. So I realized that was what I was doing and stopped....

DawnInAZ
Queen
DawnInAZ
In response to riorabbit

• riorabbit Said:
  • DawnInAZ Said:

No... however,I have been sitting looking for jobs in the valley since it looks like I am moving this direction.

Sick of it... gonna take a break and go to SE.
Haven't been since the remodel. Want to see... and I have a gift card I got for my bday from parents. This could be bad though...very bad... I am excited! Hee hee...

Hmm...so if you know of any cool jobs in the psych/recreation area let me know. I don't quite have my bachelors so that can be an issue. My BS will be in psych with minor in Recreation management. I love working with teens (I was looking at church sites to see if there is a youth ministry position even. I used to do that and would love to do something like that again. I was also considering a Christian camp job for the summer. We will see... )

I will keep my eyes and ears open.

Three Bright Lights
Diva
Three Bright Lights
In response to DawnInAZ

• DawnInAZ Said:
  • Diva foltzy Said:

I'm so sorry, Liz. That's never easy.

NMlady
NMlady 
Governor
NMlady
In response to Three Bright Lights

Hi lady friends,

NMlady
NMlady 
Governor
NMlady
In response to NMlady

I'm at my mom's, DD and I had planned to work in mom's yard today. It is just too windy. Either El Paso or White Sands is gonna end up in her yard. It is supposed to be calm tomorrow.

Three Bright Lights
Diva
Three Bright Lights
In response to NMlady

LOL. I'm trying to do my ATCs so I can quit ducking sb.com , since I've missed everyone here so much.

Hi Joy. Happy belated BDAY!

DawnInAZ
Queen
DawnInAZ

Just had a club sub from Cousins and a Diet Coke.

NMlady
NMlady 
Governor
NMlady
In response to DawnInAZ

The computer keeps turning off. Wonder if it is because of the wind?

NMlady
NMlady 
Governor
NMlady
In response to NMlady

Thank you Florrie.

NMlady
NMlady 
Governor
NMlady
In response to NMlady

Had Chinese for lunch.

Three Bright Lights
Diva
Three Bright Lights
In response to NMlady

We're eating Chinese for dinner. Hmmm what should I order?

NMlady
NMlady 
Governor
NMlady

EGG ROLLS!!

NMlady
NMlady 
Governor
NMlady
In response to NMlady

I've got my blog updated with everything I know so far. I'm pretty sure the goodies that aren't attributed to anyone else yet are from Shirley. Hopefully tonite I will get to do some scrappin'. I think I will be cropping the pics for brothers album. I have picked out cardstock colors from CTMH, now just have to call the consultant, I think she may not be selling anymore though since she doesn't come up on their website.

jellyziva
Governor
jellyziva
In response to Kimberly Rae Cole

• Kimberly Rae Said:
Feel better Shirley, are you going to see Horton?

Thanks, Kim. I still feel kind of tired and run down. Fever flare up when Tylenol wears off. Told DH he may need to sell his spot in a photography workshop tomorrow. Didn't want to do to him.. esp since DD is off gym AND ballet tomorrow, I would have had it easy...

Anyway, Horton was GOOOOODDD. The drawings are very true to the original, so are the rhymes. DD enjoyed it... though she's seem the same show in teh Seusical theatre.... but animation is a lot better in terms of imagination...

Saw the preview for Kung Fu Panda by Dreamworks. I may not take the kids to see it because of the fighting, but I may see it with DH as a date movie. We're both big Kung Fu movie fans.. and add that to animation.... I'm so going to see it!!!

NMlady
NMlady 
Governor
NMlady
In response to jellyziva

Shirley when do you see the dr for follow up on all the lab tests? Have you had the chest xray yet?

jellyziva
Governor
jellyziva
In response to NMlady

My next appt with endo is Mar 20, next Thurs. I am sick with pink eye and flu or cold or sth else for now... I got the eye drops and one eye got better and the other eye is starting to get better. I had a 5 day Z-pac so I'm pretty whatever I'm having now is viral since the antibiotics are still supposed to be working.

I haven't heard from Mayo regarding my blood tests so I think they are probably all normal. I am going in for the chest X-ray next week , and that's from my general doctor (actually the nurse practitioner who's very thorough). Won't hurt, I think ...

NMlady
NMlady 
Governor
NMlady
In response to NMlady

I took pics the other nite of all my goodies my lovely friends sent me. I piled everything onto my little scrapping table. My SIL walked in and thought I was nuts. She just doesn't get it. She also doesn't understand the difference between cardstock and construction paper. She had gone through my cardstock looking for a color to use to mat a pic from homecoming of my nephew and his gf and then mentioned the package of construction paper that is in my DD box of school supplies.

jellyziva
Governor
jellyziva
In response to jellyziva

Oh.. regarding the goodies, Joy, I did remember sending you some acrylic stamps, a Christmas rubber stamp, and the glitter mat stack for sure.. not remembering the metal letters very well... sorry, my memory ain't that good.

Hope you enjoy all of them, from all of us here at VCW. Liz/Moxie spearheaded the project.

NMlady
NMlady 
Governor
NMlady
In response to NMlady

Why did they want the chest xray? Did she mention TB?

NMlady
NMlady 
Governor
NMlady
In response to NMlady

I think you are all such lovely ladies.

jellyziva
Governor
jellyziva
In response to jellyziva

I think I'll go take a nap now..

It'll be a busy week next week. We have some landscaping maintenance to do (re-plant dead trees, add in flower spots - yay, and fix up some stuff), Spring cleaning, baking for the Easter Egg Hunt 'cos DD will be fundraising for her school and missions.

I think we'll make glittery Easter Eggs.. what do you all think? (I'm expecting no less than roaring approvals from y'all here!)

NMlady
NMlady 
Governor
NMlady
In response to NMlady

I wish I could do something for Liz and Brian. I know that he seemed to visit them a lot and had been helping them out with car repairs and things. I remember how hard it was when my Dad died and he wasn't even that great of a person.

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to jellyziva

• jelly97 Said:
I think we'll make glittery Easter Eggs.. what do you all think? (I'm expecting no less than roaring approvals from y'all here!)

I thought about the glittery eggs. Then I saw the Disney Princess Egg set and had to go for that one. Maybe next year on the glitter.

NMlady
NMlady 
Governor
NMlady
In response to NMlady

Yes glitter those Easter Eggs. There is also a craft, I think from a greek custom, called Cascarones. They are always fun to do with the kids.

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to NMlady

I'm here for a minute. As soon as John finishes getting pretty, we're heading out. Since we're both wiped, it looks like we'll be home by 8:30 (!) because we don't think we can stay up much later than that. I remember when we wouldn't even get to where we were going out until 8:30. (Ok, I vaguely remember it, but it was something we used to do!) If Chris lived local and played here more often, I think we would both decide to stay home and sleep. The time change finally caught up with me.

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

Ok, he's pretty! Time to go! Have a great night!

NMlady
NMlady 
Governor
NMlady

Have a good time, then head home for an early bedtime.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to NMlady

Have a great time, Liz!

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to DawnInAZ

• DawnInAZ Said:

??? I figured each could set aside whatever time worked best for them then crop like crazy!! I was thinking of started another thread for this one since so many mentioned they'd never done a virtual crop.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to riorabbit

• riorabbit Said:
  • riorabbit Said:

I was totally set to buy something the other day based on a coupon. lol. Then I read in a psych book some of the research about what people will do for a small savings. It was too funny. So I realized that was what I was doing and stopped....

I know those Coupons are a trap!!! But I fall for them just the same. Like tomorrow I can use a 50% off one at ACM. Debating and seeing how I feel tomorrow. Rather stay home and crop.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

• Three Bright Lights Said:
LOL. I'm trying to do my ATCs so I can quit ducking sb.com , since I've missed everyone here so much.

This is why I don't join swaps and such. Think I'll work on my Circle Journal page. I don't have my picture for it but have the idea already in my head.

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia
In response to NMlady

I have maybe half an hour to an hour to rest before I take out for dinner. We're unsure as to whether we're going to Longhorn or Chili's. We don't go out to a fancy restaurant very often, usually it's either fast food or pizza when we DO eat out.

Spent the day out shopping-it. Lizzie has been ignoring me and has been a little heathen-child all day. :gah!: However, despite her heathen-ness, I did manage to get a few things:

From HL:
2-pack of 12x12 cutting mats for my Cricut
1 can of Easy-Tack acid-free spray adhesive (that's the right one, right, for re-stick-ifying my cutting mats?)

From Wally-World:
1 adorable pink flowery cotton play-dress for Lizzie
1 red Lego Star Wars t-shirt for Jory
pack of bubblegum for kids to share

From Target:
1 egg coloring kit (we got 2 last year and it was just too much dye)
2 Darth Vader toys with jelly beans, one for DH and the other for Jory's Easter basket
Croc-like Mary Janes for Lizzie (Aunt Liz bought Jory Nikes last month, and bought Lizzie's shoes today)
Bunny ears for Lizzie
Tiger with magnets in his paws for Jory

And while I was in Target, I just had to stop at Starbucks...Grande Caramel Frappuccino for me, and chocolate milk for Lizzie (Jory was in school all day)

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia

• Three Bright Lights Said:

This is why I don't join swaps and such. Think I'll work on my Circle Journal page. I don't have my picture for it but have the idea already in my head.

*groans* That reminds me...I have to either pick out a picture of me that I like, or have DH or Tinkerbrat take one and go get prints made. I was holding off a few days, just until I got everybody's addresses who wanted to exchange pages. I think it's safe now to start planning the page...

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to jellyziva

• jelly97 Said:
I think I'll go take a nap now..

It'll be a busy week next week. We have some landscaping maintenance to do (re-plant dead trees, add in flower spots - yay, and fix up some stuff), Spring cleaning, baking for the Easter Egg Hunt 'cos DD will be fundraising for her school and missions.

to the glittery eggs. I miss decorating eggs for Easter. Instead we do these Ressurection cookies.

NMlady
NMlady 
Governor
NMlady

You could make Ressurection Eggs, and I have a recipe for Ressurection rolls also.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

I made Korean Pancakes: http://chowtimes.com/2006/02/09/korean-pan cake/

Not the same but pretty close to what's in the image. Easy. Also great to use up left overs in. I had shrimp, clams and canned crab meat in mine.

Lots left over for tomorrow. The thing is to reheat, never use the microwave. Better to eat it cold than nuked. Have to use the skillet to reheat.

On the bad side, the fan that goes over my stove hasn't worked in ... uh... maybe a year now. So I really smoked up the house bad. Think dh got the "hint" to get either fix this vent hood or buy a new one? Nope. I'm not pressing this point right now with us getting prices for the add-on. I'll press this point after it's built or if we decide to not to do this.

c-leaper
Queen
c-leaper
In response to c-leaper

Finally getting back to the computer to finish catching up, and found the news about Brian's dad.

Will be saying prayers for you all through these next several days.

c-leaper
Queen
c-leaper
In response to c-leaper

Holly said:
ok, i want to give everyone a good chuckle at me now. those invitation. they're for a friend. i volunteered to make them. alone. i have to make 70+!!!

who the heck invites 70+ people to a baby shower?1?!

i'm about 3/4 through with the tearing. my fingers are RAW.

ok. go ahead. laugh at me. use the "i'm pokng you with a stick" smilie. go ahead. really. i dont mind.

Jenni says:
That sounds about like...who was it here last year that had a bazillion wedding cards to do?

BTW, the invitations are adorable.

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia
In response to c-leaper

Going to dinner. Be back shortly.

c-leaper
Queen
c-leaper

Good morning!

Jenni, I hope you find the paper/info. That's so frustrating!

It's now 7 hours later. Still haven't found it.

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia
In response to c-leaper

• c-leaper Said:
Holly said:
ok, i want to give everyone a good chuckle at me now. those invitation. they're for a friend. i volunteered to make them. alone. i have to make 70+!!!

ok. go ahead. laugh at me. use the "i'm pokng you with a stick" smilie. go ahead. really. i dont mind.

Jenni says:
That sounds about like...who was it here last year that had a bazillion wedding cards to do?

I do a half-jillion Christmas cards every year. But I start in August.

c-leaper
Queen
c-leaper

• moxiegirl23 Said:
  • c-leaper Said:
  • moxiegirl23 Said:

[ears perk up]

A date?

Yes, a date! Dinner, live music, possible dessert and definately beer and NO CHILD!!!!! (well, mine anyway).

Mom wanted to borrow Abby for the weekend, so I'm driving her down after school. John's friend Chris Child is in from Colorado to sing at a local pub. We'll go up for dinner, the entire first set and we might even stay for the second! (We usually bring Abby when Chris comes to town and leave right before the end of or after the first set). Twice in a month, I don't know what to do!

You enjoy it!!!!!

c-leaper
Queen
c-leaper

[quote=BlingPrincessRia][ quote=c-leaper][quote=Bli ngPrincessRia][quote=c-le aper][quote=BlingPrincess Ria][quote=c-leaper][quot e=BlingPrincessRia] Hi, Jenni!
[/quote]

Hi Sweetcheeks.
[/quote]

Hi, Sugarpie.
[/quote]

Honeycakes.
[/quote]

Schnookums.
[/quote]

Dahlin'.
[/quote]

Sweetpea.
[/quote]

Punkin'.

c-leaper
Queen
c-leaper

Breaking my Fast again.

I didn' think it counted if you used a g.c.

Tink-Hildur
Diva
Tink-Hildur

well I just finished Pizza and a movie with the girls and my niece ...

and we watched Star Wars 2 .. guess what ... my daughter thought it was weird that Yoda could move like he did when he was battling Count Douku and then he used a staff .... Love that ... she was like : Mom that does not make sense and is so not real ... he he ...

Tink-Hildur
Diva
Tink-Hildur
In response to c-leaper

• c-leaper Said:

Breaking my Fast again.

I didn' think it counted if you used a g.c.

It so does not count ...

c-leaper
Queen
c-leaper

Pizza just got here. Guess I'll be back once the baby's in bed.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to c-leaper

• c-leaper Said:
Holly said:

Jenni says:

Normally about half or even less actually accept the invitation. Hopefully the rest just send gifts.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to Tink-Hildur

• Tink-Hildur Said:
well I just finished Pizza and a movie with the girls and my niece ...

and we watched Star Wars 2 .. guess what ... my daughter thought it was weird that Yoda could move like he did when he was battling Count Douku and then he used a staff .... Love that ... she was like : Mom that does not make sense and is so not real ... he he ...

Because when Yoda is fighting he's using the force to move around with. When he's not fighting, he's crippled/old and needs the staff. Yeah, I thought about this one, too.

Page 1 of 22 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics