Page 4 of 39 
Username Post: The Giza gallery/support group ~ Open and accepting new members...        (Topic#1457337)
luckynewmom
Pro
luckynewmom
In response to Anne1701

Hi anne, thanx for the greetings. To answer your question about pain reliefs or epidurals ..i think i wouldnt be receiving those because they dont really suggest it here in Japan and almost all of the pregnant women i talked to here does it naturally. I never heard the hospital talked about epidurals during our classes. Even if you asked for it they wont give it to you easily,thats what ive learned.
I would like to have some kind of pain medication or epidural but i dont think id be getting some. that is why im getting scared of the pain..huhuhuh..pls. pray for me

Shannah, thx for the warm greetings. Hope your having a great weekend.

talk to you all soon:)goodnite for now.

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to luckynewmom

hi milz

All that pain that you think you are going to have is going to be worth it once that baby come out and you have a little baby to love

Scrappy Shanah
Idol
Scrappy Shanah
In response to babigirl

The labour and delivery will be painful, im not going to lie, but honestly you forget about it as soon as you see your bundle of joy! Just as long as you can stay calm and focus on what's going on during your delivery, you will be just fine!

Anne1701
Mayor
Anne1701
In response to Scrappy Shanah

I agree Milz, as soon as it's over you don't even think about the pain. The classes you are taking will help tremendously. I took the natural childbirth classes and was so glad I did.
I understand the physician's views on the epidurals and pain meds though. They're not really good for the baby and I know a couple of people who have occassional back pain since their epidural.
Just try to remember all that you've learned in your classes and you will do great!

Anne1701
Mayor
Anne1701
In response to Anne1701

Anna and I just spent about 2 hours at the playground. She had so much fun! I only snapped 2 photos though, Mom-Mom was right up there on the slides with Anna LOL! I'm hurting like crazy now but it was fun being a kid at the playground LOL!

Playground fun By Anne1701

Playground Fun 2 By Anne1701

scrappinmomto2girls
Governor
scrappinmomto2girls
In response to Anne1701

Oh Milz......I will keep you in my prayers,it will be over before you know it,mine are 5 and 3 and it seems that just yesterday they were born, : ) so focus and remember how fun it is gonna be with a lil one!

Scrappy Shanah
Idol
Scrappy Shanah
In response to scrappinmomto2girls

I was so sad today! I went to Walmart to get some summer clothes for dd and realized..... I can no longer shop in the baby section!!!!! I almost cried! i have no idea where the time went

Anne1701
Mayor
Anne1701

I think I'm going to feel the same when that happens with Anna LOL! She's 2 years old but already in a size 3T - 4T. She's going to be tall like her father.

Scrappy Shanah
Idol
Scrappy Shanah
In response to Anne1701

Wow! She must be a tall girl! She just had her second birthday and she's already in a 4T! Laney just recently graduated into a 4-5T and she's turning 3 in july. All I hope is that she's taller than me. Im lucky if im over 5 feet and dh is 6foot 4 inches!

babigirl
Governor
babigirl

hi everyone how is yall all doing today.

I had a great weekend didn't to much but i got some scrapping done and i spent some time with the boyfriend so it was good

scrappinmomto2girls
Governor
scrappinmomto2girls
In response to babigirl

Scrappy Shanah I know what you mean about nt shopping in the aby section anymore,my dd is 5 (6 in Sept) and she can no longer wear a 5t has to have a 6-6x.....and a 5t in pants is too short but a 4 or 5 is too big in the waist so not sure what to do there,but it did come awful quick though,LOL I still look at all the cute baby stuff that is there though.....but looking is as far as it will ever go,LOL

Anne I bet it was fun out there with her! I love playing with mine at the park or what not but boy do pay for it,LOL

Nikki my youngest is 3 and she can wear a 4t,she will be 4 in June but has been able to wear a 4t shirt since last year....and even some of Jeannies shirts that are 5t she can wear,I call her my chunky monkey,LOL

Edited by scrappinmomto2girls on 04-27-08 01:55 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

luckynewmom
Pro
luckynewmom

thankyou so much ladies for all the wonderful message of support regarding my pregnancy.
I am trying my best to focus on the positive side. Thanks for keeping me in your prayers and I hope that everyone is safe wherever they are.
God speed to all of you.
Muahz and Hugs !!!

scrappinmomto2girls
Governor
scrappinmomto2girls
In response to luckynewmom

Always Milz...and if you need us we are here and cannot wait to see pics of that lil one after he is born.....: )

Renee77
Diva
Renee77

Wow! all this labor and delivery talk made me hurt.
I'm sure you will do a great job Milz. I think like Shanah mentioned the moment you see Mirai you will forget about everything. Good Luck!

Anne- At least Anna will remember her Mom-Mom getting down and playing with her. That is a goo memory.

Shanah-How are you feeling?

Shatema-are you still feeling blue?

Hi Margaret!

Renee77
Diva
Renee77
In response to Renee77

Well let me tell you about my weekend.

Friday - Attended my sister-in-law's - sister's funeral. A 48 year old mother of 5 children. So sad. Then while we are at the reception - my 80 year old grandmother falls off her bed and breaks her hip. She is just miserable....She is crying in pain and when we call the nurse she tells the nurse I'm not in pain !!!!! WHAT !!!!! She has beginning stages of dementia.
I am just so worried about her!!!!!!

Scrappy Shanah
Idol
Scrappy Shanah
In response to Renee77

wow Renee! Im so sorry for your loss and your grandmother breaking her hip. That;s a really rough weekend. My prayers are with the family. And dementia is so hard to deal with. My the last time I saw my great grandmother she had no idea who I was, and dh's grandma talks to him like he's his father. She has no idea who my dd is

scrappinmomto2girls
Governor
scrappinmomto2girls

My prayers go out to you all,so far I have not had to deal with anything like that,my grandmother is 81 and my mom is 65 both have health problems but get around ok,my mom lives right across the road from me so I can keep a good eye on her, : ) my grandma and I aren't so close and I do not go see her the way I should,it just seems hard to find time,with 2 girls and one in school time is not a plenty...but anywho..

I hope that you all have had a great day!!

Anne1701
Mayor
Anne1701

Wow Renee such a sad weekend
And gentle for your Grandmom. It's really tough when they're in the beginning stages of dementia.
My Grandmother (my dad's mom) had it. I wasn't as close to her as I was with my Gram (my mom's mom) and when I would go to see her she always called me Debbie LOL that was my cousin's name.
Now my Aunt Jen is just beginning. My cousin that she lives with denies it but it's there. My daughter kept getting confused because my Aunt Jen kept calling her "Nan". Err... ahem... I'm "Nan". I've been called that awful nickname by my mom's side of the family for as long as I can remember LOL. I had to explain to my daughter that Aunt Jen had a stroke and gets confused and sometimes mistakes Heather and Anna for me and Heather. I was always very close with my Aunt Jen.

Anne1701
Mayor
Anne1701
In response to Anne1701

They're coming home!

My dd and Anna are moving back home with me. Long story short the couple she's been renting a room from are having financial problems and wanted to raise Heather's rent.

Heather was here last night crying because she just started school yesterday. The only way she could afford the rent is to leave school and try to find full time work. There's no way I'm letting Heather give up an opportunity to go back to school. I'd rather see her plan on a decent future than have to work at a dead end job she doesn't like just to pay the bills.

It's going to be a tight fit in here again but we'll make it work. And of course I'll get to see my little every day again!

Renee77
Diva
Renee77
In response to Anne1701

Thanks for all the prayers ladies. When you have a big Family that is really close it hurts. I have always been close to my Grandparents so it hurts me to see her this way. They were going to send her home yesterday but the way she was screaming when they were doing therapy they kept her. I just can't imagine they would send her home in that condition...She is in so much pain. Poor Lady!

Renee77
Diva
Renee77
In response to Anne1701

• Anne1701 Said:
They're coming home!

My dd and Anna are moving back home with me. Long story short the couple she's been renting a room from are having financial problems and wanted to raise Heather's rent.

Heather was here last night crying because she just started school yesterday. The only way she could afford the rent is to leave school and try to find full time work. There's no way I'm letting Heather give up an opportunity to go back to school. I'd rather see her plan on a decent future than have to work at a dead end job she doesn't like just to pay the bills.

It's going to be a tight fit in here again but we'll make it work. And of course I'll get to see my little every day again!

At least you get to see your Little Lady everyday again. Is Heather working and going to school?
Poor Anna must really be confused now! But she will be fine at Mom-Mom's house!

Renee77
Diva
Renee77
In response to Renee77

I wish I had time to scrap! I brought some stuff to work on some ATC's I hope I can sneek it in!!!

Anne1701
Mayor
Anne1701
In response to Renee77

Hi Renee!
Yes, Heather is going to school. Her part-time job at the pizza place seems to be a wash out though. Two of the employees there are illegal immigrants and everyone else there is working under the table. Of course the authorities have discovered the immigrants and now everyone is scattering.
Hopefully the application that Heather put in at Wawa (convenience chain store here) will come through.

Renee77
Diva
Renee77
In response to Anne1701

• Anne1701 Said:
Hi Renee!
Yes, Heather is going to school. Her part-time job at the pizza place seems to be a wash out though. Two of the employees there are illegal immigrants and everyone else there is working under the table. Of course the authorities have discovered the immigrants and now everyone is scattering.
Hopefully the application that Heather put in at Wawa (convenience chain store here) will come through.

That's great Heather is really getting on her own two feet. That is great! Way to go Heather...I bet that helps financially if Heather is working..
This is great news I wish her the best!!!

Anne1701
Mayor
Anne1701
In response to Renee77

I really am quite happy with the changes that Heather has made with herself.
She was actually considering leaving the school she just started yesterday to keep up with the rent she's been paying. Poor kid was sitting in the living room crying her eyes out. She was so excited to start school. No way can I let her leave school.
I just doesn't make sense to end up working a dead end job you hate if you have the opportunity to get the training you need to start a career you enjoy.

Renee77
Diva
Renee77
In response to Anne1701

Oh by far that does not make sense to quit school and work somewhere she is not happy especially if she just started school she needs to keep going and do something she will like and be happy with...It's hard doing both but you will always do what you can to help her - she is lucky!

scrappinmomto2girls
Governor
scrappinmomto2girls
In response to Renee77

I agree Anne..and thank goodness she has a mom who cares and and is letting her move back home.

Renee you and your family are still in my prayers..

I am so proud of me,I scrapped a page yesterday and finished a swap last night!! WOOHOO!! Tonight plan on scrappin another page unless I fall out first,I helped all day at Jeannies school and I a mso tired,LOL they wore me out!!

Renee77
Diva
Renee77

How old is Jeannie ? Watching my Nephews 7 & 4 make me tired. Thanks for the prayers Margaret! I really appreciate them... Yay for your scrapping time!!!

Scrappy Shanah
Idol
Scrappy Shanah
In response to Renee77

Renee - They wanted to send her home already!!!! That's just not right! Way too soon for that. It seems that things just keep piling up on you HUGS!!

Anne - your dd is so lucky to have someone like you. It's a really good thing to keep her in school. It sounds like she has turned herself in the right direction. Gives you some great chances for some bonding time!

Anne1701
Mayor
Anne1701

Thank you guys

It was hard for me to make Heather leave in the first place, but I really believe it was what was needed at the time. Things were really bad then with her just running out and not ding anything to care for either herself or Anna. I truly believe giving her a "dose of reality" was a good thing.

I've always told her that I wouldn't mind helping if she wanted to go to school. But to continue living with me she either had to work or go to school. I would prefer she finish school. Heather had definitely made some positive changes.

Now to convince her that Mom (meaning me LOL) is allowed to have her own life...

Anne1701
Mayor
Anne1701
In response to Anne1701

Renee, sometimes hospitals and doctors amaze me with how fast they try to send people home.
I will keep you, your Grandmom and family in my prayers.

scrappinmomto2girls
Governor
scrappinmomto2girls
In response to Anne1701

Renee Jeannie is 5 (6 in Sept) and Nikki is 3 (4 in June) they wear me out,LOL I am 30 but at times feel a lot older. And it seems to take everthing I have to keep up with all the stuff that goes on sometimes....

Renee77
Diva
Renee77

• Scrappy Shanah Said:
Renee - They wanted to send her home already!!!! That's just not right! Way too soon for that. It seems that things just keep piling up on you HUGS!!

Well they moved her to a Nursing Home they needed the bed at the hospital and the Nursing home is cheaper for the health plan...It broke my heart when she asked me why am I here? I just reassured her that they were going to do therapy so she can go home. Oh my heart just hurt I had to hold back the tears!
YES! My life has been so crazy the last 2 or 3 years. Ever since my DGF got really sick and passed away in 2006 just crazy. I just hope they take care of her.
I AM SOOOO TIRED ----

Renee77
Diva
Renee77

• scrappinmomto2girls Said:
Renee Jeannie is 5 (6 in Sept) and Nikki is 3 (4 in June) they wear me out,LOL I am 30 but at times feel a lot older. And it seems to take everthing I have to keep up with all the stuff that goes on sometimes....

OGM no wonder they wear you out they are little ones...Have fun before long they will be grown and you will wish they were still little. That's what my mom always tells me!

Renee77
Diva
Renee77
In response to Anne1701

• Anne1701 Said:
Renee, sometimes hospitals and doctors amaze me with how fast they try to send people home.
I will keep you, your Grandmom and family in my prayers.

Our Health Care in California stinks...Especially when you get old the quality of care only gets worse.

scrappinmomto2girls
Governor
scrappinmomto2girls
In response to Renee77

Renee.yep that is why they wear me out...I know it does go by fast......al of my baby stuff is gone from here it is all big girl stuff now LOL

It is the same way here for health care when you get old..there have been several nursing homes that have been shut down bcuz of mistreatment and neglect..

Renee77
Diva
Renee77

It is the same way here for health care when you get old..there have been several nursing homes that have been shut down bcuz of mistreatment and neglect..

This is what scares me!!!We will be there everyday!!!

scrappinmomto2girls
Governor
scrappinmomto2girls
In response to Renee77

Well at least you know what to look for,just keep an eye on her and if you have any doubts ask questions even if it means talking to her regular Dr and saying look I don't think something is right can you check it out for me? My grandaddy was in a nursing home,he was never mistreated really but they were not as clean as they should have been and the smell was just too much sometimes..I was 8-9 when he was in there but I can remember. She will be in my prayers and you as well.

Renee77
Diva
Renee77

Thank you so much! It did not smell just like food because it was dinner time. It actually looked cleaner than the Hospital she was at. Just really noisy and the staff seemed nice. There were a lot of patients in the hallways talking. They looked happy i guess that could be a good sign!

Renee77
Diva
Renee77
In response to Renee77

Any idea's for our next Challenge or Swap?

Edited by Renee77 on 04-30-08 08:27 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Anne1701
Mayor
Anne1701
In response to Renee77

Ooops I had completely forgotten about the challenge! The best part is I wrote it down so I would remember... LOL have no idea where the paper is though.

Renee77
Diva
Renee77
In response to Anne1701

LOL! I know I think everyone forgot! Well!!!

I love your new Avatar she is just too cute!

scrappinmomto2girls
Governor
scrappinmomto2girls
In response to Renee77

I am so sorry Renee....I promise to do the one for this month......

How about an ATC swap or another book of me challenge?
And yes that could be a very good sign about the nursing home....

Luvaqtpie
Expert
Luvaqtpie

Ok I know it officially May 1, but I just remembered to link my LO for the challenge!

here it is Silly Me By Luvaqtpie

Luvaqtpie
Expert
Luvaqtpie
In response to Renee77

How is everyone Doing? I know I have some reading to do to catch up with what's been going on around here. I hope all is going well for my sister friends!

I on the other hand, am so clumsy... I broke my big toe It hurts like the dickens, but I have not let it slow me down!

I have finished 8 weeks of classes and I am so hppy that I don't have to go back until June 16th. I can scrap and not feel guilty about not doing homework.

Well It's late and I have to be at work at 6:45, I just wanted to say Hi and post my LO for the challenge. What's next Renee? I'm ready!!!!!!!!

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to Luvaqtpie

Sorry you broke your toe hunny. Well i hope everyone is doing fine. Me i am doing okay i been rela real tired latly but other then that i have been good real good

Renee77
Diva
Renee77
In response to Luvaqtpie

• Luvaqtpie Said:
Ok I know it officially May 1, but I just remembered to link my LO for the challenge!

here it is Silly Me By Luvaqtpie

Great Lo!!! P.M. me your address and I will send you a RAK.

Renee77
Diva
Renee77
In response to Luvaqtpie

• Luvaqtpie Said:
How is everyone Doing? I know I have some reading to do to catch up with what's been going on around here. I hope all is going well for my sister friends!

I on the other hand, am so clumsy... I broke my big toe It hurts like the dickens, but I have not let it slow me down!

I have finished 8 weeks of classes and I am so hppy that I don't have to go back until June 16th. I can scrap and not feel guilty about not doing homework.

Well It's late and I have to be at work at 6:45, I just wanted to say Hi and post my LO for the challenge. What's next Renee? I'm ready!!!!!!!!

So sorry you broke your toe! I hope it feels better real soon.

Renee77
Diva
Renee77

I am so sorry Renee....I promise to do the one for this month......

How about an ATC swap or another book of me challenge?
And yes that could be a very good sign about the nursing home....

You think an ATC swap?
I am willing to do this - I love the ATC's I got this last time we did a swap with Wonders of the World Group! They are so pretty!

Would everyone be willing to participate?

Let me know!!!

Renee77
Diva
Renee77
In response to babigirl

• babigirl Said:
Sorry you broke your toe hunny. Well i hope everyone is doing fine. Me i am doing okay i been rela real tired latly but other then that i have been good real good

I'm so glad you are feeling better! We all go through the blues once in a while!

Grumpy Girl
Mayor
Grumpy Girl
In response to Renee77

Hello Ladies, Sorry I haven't been around lately... Have had a hard time trying to keep up with the boards so and I realized I was spending more time on here than scrapping or anything else, and now that the weather is nice I have not been on the computer so much! I will check in from time to time but it just moves so fast sometimes!

Renee77
Diva
Renee77
In response to Grumpy Girl

• Grumpy Girl Said:
Hello Ladies, Sorry I haven't been around lately... Have had a hard time trying to keep up with the boards so and I realized I was spending more time on here than scrapping or anything else, and now that the weather is nice I have not been on the computer so much! I will check in from time to time but it just moves so fast sometimes!

Yes! the days seem to fly by! I wonder how I get everything done sometimes! But somehow we manage!

Scrappy Shanah
Idol
Scrappy Shanah
In response to Renee77

When is the last day for the 'one word describing us' challenge? Was it today or the mid of May? I have so many things going on I need to make a due date calendar!

I would be in for an ATC swap. Im just finishing up an ATC swap for my doodle gals. This will probably be the last swap or challenge for me until after the wedding

Anne1701
Mayor
Anne1701

An ATC swap sounds great. I enjoyed the last one and just received my cards in the mail today. They are so beautiful!

Anne1701
Mayor
Anne1701
In response to Luvaqtpie

• Luvaqtpie Said:

Owwie! So sorry I've broken my little toe twice, no fun!

Renee77
Diva
Renee77
In response to Anne1701

ATC Swap Questions -

What do you think as far as a due date?
Two weeks a month?
Mailing out individual? Or mail them to me and I swap them out and mail them back to you?
Do you want a theme or use your stash?

Renee77
Diva
Renee77
In response to Renee77

Happy Friday!
Here are some ATC's I completed for a swap!
ATC's By Renee77

Pink & Brown ATC's By Renee77

Yellow ATC By Renee77

Also here is a birthday card I made for my Nephew Alexander...
Birthday Card For my Nephew Alex By Renee77

Edited by Renee77 on 05-02-08 06:23 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

mpmyers
Veteran
mpmyers
In response to Renee77

Hi there ladies!!

Anyone going to do anything special for National Scrapbook Day? I'm have the girls over for red wine, chocolate, and scrapbooking!! I'll be sure to update my gallery Sunday.

Take care!!

Renee77
Diva
Renee77
In response to mpmyers

• mpmyers Said:
Hi there ladies!!

Anyone going to do anything special for National Scrapbook Day? I'm have the girls over for red wine, chocolate, and scrapbooking!! I'll be sure to update my gallery Sunday.

Take care!!

That sounds like it will be so much fun.

I will be in Las Vegas no scrapping for me. But I know I will be having fun that is for sure!

iamtherealtamtam
Pro
iamtherealtamtam
In response to Renee77

I'm here guys.....I know that I keep coming back and telling ya all about being MIA...sorry! Life is just very hectic right now, basically with work--and I will leave it at that!

I absolutly love doing ATC's!! I had so much fun doing the ones for the Wonders of the World gang! The ones I rec'd back were great!!

Now, this is just MHO but I prefer a theme. To me it seems harder to figure out something if I am just using my stash or doing a color thing. I need something to go on. But I could be presuaded to do either.

I would prefer having at least a month deadline; but again that is based solely on me and my work deadlines.

I also would prefer individual mailings; to me that is always the easiest. I actually never quite understood why send to one person to swap out. To me it makes sense to leave out the middle man and you can get your goodies sooner.

Okay.....just my thoughts and opinion.

Happy Friday Girls. Tomorrow I am scrapping all day for Nat'l Scrapbook Day at an all day crop for Hospice. Enjoy scrapping!!

• Renee77 Said:
ATC Swap Questions -

Two weeks a month?
Mailing out individual? Or mail them to me and I swap them out and mail them back to you?

Renee77
Diva
Renee77
In response to iamtherealtamtam

• iamtherealtamtam Said:
I'm here guys.....I know that I keep coming back and telling ya all about being MIA...sorry! Life is just very hectic right now, basically with work--and I will leave it at that!

I absolutly love doing ATC's!! I had so much fun doing the ones for the Wonders of the World gang! The ones I rec'd back were great!!

Now, this is just MHO but I prefer a theme. To me it seems harder to figure out something if I am just using my stash or doing a color thing. I need something to go on. But I could be presuaded to do either.

I would prefer having at least a month deadline; but again that is based solely on me and my work deadlines.

I also would prefer individual mailings; to me that is always the easiest. I actually never quite understood why send to one person to swap out. To me it makes sense to leave out the middle man and you can get your goodies sooner.

Okay.....just my thoughts and opinion.

Happy Friday Girls. Tomorrow I am scrapping all day for Nat'l Scrapbook Day at an all day crop for Hospice. Enjoy scrapping!!

• Renee77 Said:
ATC Swap Questions -

Two weeks a month?

I'm glad to see you here Are you still involved with the Mr. ????

Thanks for your input on the ATC Swap I love those little cards.

Anne1701
Mayor
Anne1701
In response to Renee77

I like Tammy's suggestions for the ATC's. With everything going on at home, a month would be a good time frame. I also like the idea of a theme because it does help me also to have something to go on.
The individual mailings would also probably be easier than having someone go crazy trying to swap everything out.

Renee77
Diva
Renee77
In response to Anne1701

It sounds good to me!

I think it would be easier to mail them out individually too!

A month is a good time frame for me!

A theme? Any idea's?

scrappinmomto2girls
Governor
scrappinmomto2girls
In response to Renee77

ok all sounds good too me.....

A theme..hmmmmm

How about Mothers Day since that is coming up or a specific color??

Scrappy Shanah
Idol
Scrappy Shanah

If we're going to be mailing individually I don't think I can participate I live in Canada and for me to send one letter package it's over 3.00. If there are multiples at over 3$ a piece, I just can't afford it right now with the wedding coming up. Maybe I could participate after the wedding though!

Scrappy Shanah
Idol
Scrappy Shanah

As far as national scrapbooking day, Im going to a stampin up party tomorrow!!!!! There is a group of friends that I have rarely been able to spend time with since having my dd and Im so happy to be spending time with them. I plan on getting a couple stamp sets that I need for my wedding invitations, place settings and favours.... and it will be really nice to just get out of the house to scrap! I've never done that before!

Anne1701
Mayor
Anne1701

Shanah maybe you could still participate in the ATC swap. You could mail 1 package to one of us and then we could mail them out for you.
I would be willing to help. But, it's okay if you want to wait until after the wedding too. I know how expensive weddings can be!

Anne1701
Mayor
Anne1701
In response to Anne1701

I'm staying here tomorrow for NSD. I plan on cleaning off my computer desk, scrapping and seeing what's going on online. Between here and Scrap Girls I'm sure to keep busy.
I told my dd 3 weeks ago I wanted tomorrow for myself. She seems to keep trying to get me to watch Anna! Anna is staying here tonight (they're officially moving back Sunday) and my dd better be here at 9:00 a.m. like she promised!
Especially since my dd didn't make Anna take a nap today... she just passed out cold on the sofa. Ackk, she's going to be up with the birds!

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to Anne1701

Hi everyone how is everyone today.
Me i am good alot better then yesterday

Anne1701
Mayor
Anne1701
In response to babigirl

I'm glad you're feeling better!
I hate when I have those "down" days. I think I get more angry with myself than anything when it happens. Actually I'm supposed to be taking Effexor to help with depression. I don't have medical coverage though for prescriptions and just can't afford it right now. When I'm feeling down I try to scrap or do something fun with my granddaughter. My granddaughter's smile tends to make me happy no matter how icky I'm feeling.

scrappinmomto2girls
Governor
scrappinmomto2girls
In response to Anne1701

Yep those down days suck.....I am on Prozac and take Zanex when needed...but I do try to bring my self up before I take it...and thanks to all the friends I have made here they really help!

Luvaqtpie
Expert
Luvaqtpie
In response to iamtherealtamtam

Hey Ladies

I know its late but HAPPY NSD!!!!! Did anyone get to participate in any challenges? I tried I just didn't feel like doing anything. DH and I actually layed around and watched movies today..Sometimes it's nice to not have anything that needs to get done.

Luvaqtpie
Expert
Luvaqtpie
In response to Luvaqtpie

I'm glad everyone is feeling better Down days are a drag, I try to keep myself occupied so I don't have time to fall in the low zone (as I like to call it). And Anne you're right about the grandkids, my grands keep me happy!

As for the ATC swap what ever the majority decides is ok with me.

Luvaqtpie
Expert
Luvaqtpie
In response to Luvaqtpie

Ok Thought I would share another lo with you ladies

Granny's Little Princess By Luvaqtpie

This is my Granddaughter JaNiyah

Anne1701
Mayor
Anne1701
In response to Luvaqtpie

What a gorgeous layout!! I love that pp and what a little cutie!

Anne1701
Mayor
Anne1701
In response to Anne1701

I did participate today and even won one of the contests! It didn't really matter if I did win, it was so nice to just sit and have a day to myself and scrap. Although winning sure is great!
I'm still going LOL! I just finished a card for my son John who graduated from ATC (Automotive Training Center) with a 96 average! I'm really proud of him. He had originally enrolled there straight out of high school but dropped out the first week. He just wasn't ready. And for someone who needed tutoring and extra help most of his school career that 96 average is awesome!

Graduation Card for My Son By Anne1701

Scrappy Shanah
Idol
Scrappy Shanah
In response to Anne1701

Happy NSD everyone! And congrats anne! I can't wait to see what you get! It was a VERY busy day for me today! This morning I completed 2 ATC's and a 10X6 LO of my dd. Then I went shopping and picked out a dress for my maid of honour, got home, ate quick and went to my stampin up party. I got 2 stamp sets that I need for the wedding and 2 ink pads for the 2 colours of the wedding (yellow and orange). When I got home I made 4 more ATC's and a LO of my dd in Halloween of 2006. I am almost caught up to 2007! That makes me BEYOND happy! I just got my photo printer in December and since then I have completed almost an entire year of scrapping.

scrappinmomto2girls
Governor
scrappinmomto2girls

Wow Scrappy Shanah that is awesome!! Great for you!
I am sure a photo printer makes it so much easier....that is on my wish list,LOL.
I had a ball yesterday,it ws so fun to be here with everyone!

I washoping to sleep alil latethis morning but my girls were up at 6:30 this morning.....why I don't know they did not go to bed early last night...and Nikki woke up with a red cheek and chin like something had broke her out.....put Benadryl on there and seeing if it clears up....

Luvaqtpie
Expert
Luvaqtpie

Wow Shanah...you were very busy! Glad you were able to accomplish so much!

Anne tell your son Congratulations! I know you must be very proud and your card is beautiful. Does the ATC help them find jobs when they are finished?

Luvaqtpie
Expert
Luvaqtpie
In response to Anne1701

• Anne1701 Said:
What a gorgeous layout!! I love that pp and what a little cutie!

Thanks

Anne1701
Mayor
Anne1701
In response to Luvaqtpie

• Luvaqtpie Said:

Wow Shanah...you were very busy! Glad you were able to accomplish so much!

Anne tell your son Congratulations! I know you must be very proud and your card is beautiful. Does the ATC help them find jobs when they are finished?

Thank you
Yes, ATC is awesome with job placement. Many of the big auto companies and shops hire directly from ATC. Hopefully my son will find something with them. He's been working at a small auto repair shop and well... he has to ask them if he can cash his paycheck, it's been known to bounce! Actually I was supposed to do their bookkeeping but their books are a mess. They even wanted me to balance the checkbook but wouldn't let me have the checkbook!

Anne1701
Mayor
Anne1701
In response to Anne1701

Wow Shanah you had a really busy day!
LOL a whole new computer is on my wish list! I've had this one since 2001 and I sometimes feel like Scotty on Star Trek, getting it to do things it really wasn't made to do!

mpmyers
Veteran
mpmyers
In response to Anne1701

Hi ladies!!

I'm glad everyone is doing well. I actually got a layout posted today ...

Shiner
By Mpmyers

scrappinmomto2girls
Governor
scrappinmomto2girls
In response to mpmyers

Awesome card Anne and congrats to your son!!! Left you some love!!

mpmyers left you some love on your LO!!

Anne1701
Mayor
Anne1701

What a cute layout! Isn't it amazing how someone so tiny can do that? I can imagine some of the looks you must have gotten with that shiner!
When my son John was little he grabbed my earring and ripped it right out of my ear... ouch!

scrappinmomto2girls
Governor
scrappinmomto2girls
In response to Anne1701

Oh I know that hurt like a burger,lol...I only wear certain earrings around my lil ones and even then I try to be so careful!! I can only imagine thathappening...there was a girl in Jeannies Kindergarten class that had earrings and her mom put the long dangly ones on her well she was drting off one night and guess what towel got caught on the earring and ripped it right out,I felt so bad for her....Mom has quit letting her those earrings now.....even though she did have her ears repierced....

babigirl
Governor
babigirl

Hi everyone. Looks like you all had fun yesterday i am glad. How is everyone. I am doing good real good actually today was a good day

scrappinmomto2girls
Governor
scrappinmomto2girls
In response to babigirl

I am glad that you have had a good day today!!! I hope the rest of the week is just as good!!!

Renee77
Diva
Renee77
In response to Luvaqtpie

• Luvaqtpie Said:
Ok Thought I would share another lo with you ladies

Granny's Little Princess By Luvaqtpie

This is my Granddaughter JaNiyah

So cute~ she sure does look like a princess!

Renee77
Diva
Renee77
In response to Anne1701

• Anne1701 Said:
I did participate today and even won one of the contests! It didn't really matter if I did win, it was so nice to just sit and have a day to myself and scrap. Although winning sure is great!
I'm still going LOL! I just finished a card for my son John who graduated from ATC (Automotive Training Center) with a 96 average! I'm really proud of him. He had originally enrolled there straight out of high school but dropped out the first week. He just wasn't ready. And for someone who needed tutoring and extra help most of his school career that 96 average is awesome!

Graduation Card for My Son By Anne1701

Congratulations John!!!!!!
Great card~congrats Anne~~~

Renee77
Diva
Renee77
In response to mpmyers

• mpmyers Said:
Hi ladies!!

I'm glad everyone is doing well. I actually got a layout posted today ...

Shiner
By Mpmyers

Painful but what a great layout!!!

Renee77
Diva
Renee77

• Scrappy Shanah Said:
If we're going to be mailing individually I don't think I can participate I live in Canada and for me to send one letter package it's over 3.00. If there are multiples at over 3$ a piece, I just can't afford it right now with the wedding coming up. Maybe I could participate after the wedding though!

I have no problem paying for the postage! I would love to have you participate!

scrappinmomto2girls
Governor
scrappinmomto2girls
In response to Renee77

ok so do we wanna mail to just one person?? If so I wouldn't mind being the one to swap them all out I've got some going on right now anyways or when we mail ours to scrappy shanah would we just send her money for postage to mail ours to us? Just let me know!!

Renee77
Diva
Renee77

That's a good idea too!

scrappinmomto2girls
Governor
scrappinmomto2girls
In response to Renee77

TY TY taking my bow now,LOL
so which way do we all wanna do it?

Renee77
Diva
Renee77

Let me p.m. Shanah and ask her!

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to Renee77

Hi everyone how is all today. i am doing good i have one more exam left and then i am done for the summer.

I am excited because wer are having a party at my boyfriend and i house saturday so that should be fun

Renee77
Diva
Renee77
In response to babigirl

Our next challenge: Will be a ATC Swap!

1. Artist Trading Card
must be the standard size of 3.5 in. x 2.5 in.

2. We will be mailing our cards out individually
With the exception of Scrappy Shanah. I will
Swap them out on her behalf.

3. Due Date: They must be mailed out by June 6th.
This will give us an entire month to get them
completed and mailed. If you finish early and
want to mail them early that is fine.

Twist: ATC must include a flower(s) of any kind or color.
Due Date: June 6th

Players:

Edited by Renee77 on 05-06-08 07:32 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Renee77
Diva
Renee77
In response to babigirl

• babigirl Said:
Hi everyone how is all today. i am doing good i have one more exam left and then i am done for the summer.

I am excited because wer are having a party at my boyfriend and i house saturday so that should be fun

Congrats on finishing school for the summer.

Have fun at the party! What is the party for?

babigirl
Governor
babigirl
In response to Renee77

Well my boyfriend bike club is having a party at the house. But i am using it as my get out of school party lol. The money they raise they are using to raise money for to help them go to Myrtle Beach the end of this month.

Can yall show me some atc's i want to do the swap but i never did one before.

Page 4 of 39 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics