Page 1 of 14 
Username Post: Faith*Scrappers - Closed and Active        (Topic#1458407)
DeAnna...
Diva
DeAnna...

Faith*Scrappers

Here's the official thread for the new FaithScrappers COF/critique group. Our group is a group of scrapbookers dedicated to growing in our Faith Journey. We are first and foremost a group of friends who support each other and encourage each other in our spiritual growth. We offer supportive suggestions to one another about photos, journaling and scrapbook layouts.

Links to everyone's gallery:
DeAnna - DeAnna Johnson's Album (7/31)
Kim - Kileba14's Album (12/14)
Amy - AmyinFl's Album (11/9)
Deborah - Groovy Deborah's Album (9/9)
Deanna - Musica620's Album
Amparo - mOm23girls' Album (4/11)
Pam - Pam Coston's Album (3/20)
Irenie - Irenie's Album (6/19)
Kimmie - KimBinAK's Album (9/15)
Jerusha - Rusha's Album (11/2)
Red - All Red...'s Album (3/10)
Shari - Shari82199's Album (2/01)
Deborah - Scrapdoggy's Album (7/01)
Melody - FinallyMama's Album (6/3)
Joleen - LadySteel's Place (11/20)
Terri - Ibescrappin's Album (3/29)

Here's the questionnaire so you can copy/paste it for your reply.
1. What is your real name/what do you liked to be called?
2. Where are you from?
3. Family?
4. Occupation?
5. Age?
6. How many hours a week do you typically spend scrapping?
7. What size LOs do you prefer/do you do?
8. How would you describe your scrapping style?
9. How long have you been scrapping?
10. Do you have a product or technique you’re known for? Or what do you always seem to turn to when you’re putting together a lo?
11. Do you have a favorite manufacturer or product line?
12. Why are you drawn to scrapbook your faith journey?
13. Is there someone on sb.com whose style inspires you?
14. What do you hope to give and gain from being in the Faith*Scrappers COF group?

May Challenge
hosted by Irene

Spiritual Mentor
All of us have someone that we look up to for guidance or encouragement in our walk with the Lord.
Scrap that person.
1. There needs to be at least one pic,
2. Journaling on why you picked this person, how they have influenced your life, what qualities in that person do you admire and wish to emulate.

Twist: incorporate 1 button, 2 pieces of ribbon and 1 found item. The twist is optional, you don't have to do it but if the winner has done the twist they will get an extra prize in their RAK.

Due the last day of june by midnight.
Have fun and enjoy the challenge.

God bless each of you precious sisters
Pam

Make sure to “allow for public embedding” when you post your layout!

Most of all- have fun and enjoy yourselves!

You Inspire
By Rusha

Spiritual Mentor
By FinallyMama

If Only I Could Be...
By DeAnna Johnson

Proverbs 31 Mom
By ScrapDoggy

Darcy
By Pam Coston

Edited by DeAnna... on 07-05-08 07:11 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

DeAnna...
Diva
DeAnna...
In response to DeAnna...

Here is mine
Jeremiah 29:11

Hope
By DeAnna Johnson

irenie
irenie 
Guru
irenie
In response to DeAnna...

Would love to join- are there still openings?

Groovy Deborah
Diva
Groovy Deborah
In response to DeAnna...

Here is my lo for the Scripture Challenge.
Deborah

Amazing Grace
By Groovy Deborah

DeAnna...
Diva
DeAnna...
In response to Groovy Deborah

Hey ladies I would like you to meet a couple of our newest members.

1) What is your real name/what do you liked to be called? Pam
2) Where are you from? Oklahoma
3) Family? Yep got one of those Husband and two beautiful daughters Amber and Ashley
4) Occupation? Artist, Caterer and faux finisher
5) Age? got one of those too! 46
6) How many hours a week do you typically spend scrapping? does osmosis count??? not enough
7) What size LOs do you prefer/do you do? 12x12
How would you describe your scrapping style? Vintage, distressed, unusual & creative
9) How long have you been scrapping? I was scrapping before scrapping was cool
10) Do you have a product or technique you’re known for? Or what do you always seem to turn to when you’re putting together a lo? Scrolly clear stamps
11) Do you have a favorite manufacturer or product line? Nope, I like a little of everything
12) Why are you drawn to scrapbook your faith journey? To use the talents the Lord has given me to encourage others and to leave a blueprint of myself for generations to come.
13) Is there someone on sb.com whose style inspires you? oh bunches
14) What do you hope to give and gain from being in the Faith*Scrappers COF group? I hope to give some of the support, comfort and compassion that God has shown me in my life and recieve support in strengthening my daily walk with the Lord.

Hi everyone! DeAnna invited me to join Faith*Scrappers and I am happy to be here !

1) What is your real name/what do you liked to be called? Kimmie/kim

2) Where are you from? Alaska

3) Family? Hubby, Roger (Rog); DS Chris (32); DS J (25); DD Jen (24); DS Matthew (22) - also have a lovely son-in-law, Ivory (26) and a sweet "daughter-in-love" (Matthew's girlfriend), Kasey, 20

4) Occupation? Homemaker

5) Age? 50

6) How many hours a week do you typically spend scrapping? Less than one -- I tend to scrap sporadically and do most of my work during crops

7) What size LOs do you prefer/do you do? I enjoy all sizes, but my favorite size to work with is 8x8

How would you describe your scrapping style? Eclectic, colorful

9) How long have you been scrapping? Archivally, 10.5 years - I've always kept scrapbooks and photo albums, though

10) Do you have a product or technique you’re known for? Or what do you always seem to turn to when you’re putting together a lo? I'm "known" for inking (everything!) and single-photo LOs; also known locally for my gift albums (showers, birthdays, memorial, etc)

11) Do you have a favorite manufacturer or product line? I have come to the realization that I'm a paper addict...Basic Grey, DCWaV, Wild Asparagus /Bohemia, etc - also love to use Tim Holtz distress inks and textured cardstock from Bazzill and DCWaV

12) Why are you drawn to scrapbook your faith journey? I had gotten to a point in my SBing where my motivation and enjoyment had started to dwindle; I went months w/o SBing at all. One day, I joined in a weekly Scripture challenge (at 2 Peas) and re-discovered my joy! Suddenly, creating LOs was fun and easy again and my enthusiasm was back ! I have discovered that scrapping about the Lord and how He works in and affects my life is my primary motivation for scrapping. Also, like some others here have said, I'd like to leave a legacy for my family and loved ones, that will help to guide them to the wonderous love of GOD

13) Is there someone on sb.com whose style inspires you? Too many to list!

14) What do you hope to give and gain from being in the Faith*Scrappers COF group? Basically, I hope to make some new friends and sisters-in-Christ by sharing our love for the Lord and for paper-crafting!
Blessings on your day -- kimB

Shari82199
Diva
Shari82199
In response to DeAnna...

This sounds like an awesome group. Are their still openings?

kimBinAK
Mayor
kimBinAK
In response to Shari82199

I made it here to the new thread, DeAnna ! I like having it in the challenge section of the message board.

At the risk of showing my ignorance...how to I save this thread to favorite topics?

Will do my best to make a prayer journal cover and a "favorite Scripture" LO by the 15th. I've created a new "Faith*Scrappers" album in my gallery and will post my items there.

Hello to everyone -- looking forward to knowing you all better through your posts, prayers and creative work ! And HI IRENIE - how fun that we're together in this group!

Love in Christ - kimB

Rusha
Rusha 
Diva
Rusha
  • Rusha on 04-03-08 03:21 AM
In response to kimBinAK

. What is your real name/what do you liked to be called? Jerusha is my real name, you can call me that or you can choose something you like. I am pretty flexible. I have had everything from Jeri to Jeru to Rusha...so it really matters not!
2. Where are you from? Canada
3. Family? I have a wonderful husband named Steve that I have been married to for almost 4 years, and 2 boys - Aiden is 2 and Micah is 4 months old.
4. Occupation? Currently a SAHM, but when Micah is in kindergarten I plan to go back to school for my MEd. so I can teach high school.
5. Age? 25
6. How many hours a week do you typically spend scrapping? 6-8 hours. I try to scrap when my hubby is working an evening shift and the kids are asleep.
7. What size LOs do you prefer/do you do? I usually do 12x12 but I am flexible.
8. How would you describe your scrapping style? Experimental!
9. How long have you been scrapping? A year and a half.
10. Do you have a product or technique you’re known for? Or what do you always seem to turn to when you’re putting together a lo? I used to be a Creative Memories consultant so I have some of their tools. I only did it for about 3 months (there just is no market here to keep it going) but I don't regret it because I got a lot of their tools at a discount price, it is wonderful!
11. Do you have a favorite manufacturer or product line? Not really, I like a little bit of everything. Whatever I can afford!
12. Why are you drawn to scrapbook your faith journey? I am really not talented artistically. I have always longed to be! When I started to get into scrapbooking, I really felt that it was something I could do that I did well. And then as my pages started to get better and better I felt that God had finally blessed me with an artistic flair for SOMETHING. It just makes sense to scrapbook my faith journey now that I am getting used to scrapping.
13. Is there someone on sb.com whose style inspires you? Tons of different people. I love seeing other people's work and wishing I could do it too!
14. What do you hope to give and gain from being in the Faith*Scrappers COF group? I am not sure what I can give since I am new and not experienced. But we all know that sometimes God uses the least likely people to touch other's, so maybe He will use me. But I know I can gain some new friends and some inspiration here and I look forward to getting to know all of you!

All Red...
Mayor
All Red...
In response to Rusha

DeAnna, Is there still room?

All Red...
Mayor
All Red...
In response to All Red...

Here are my answers to the questions! Iam looking forward to getting to know everyone

1. What is your real name/what do you liked to be called? My given name is Rebecca, I go by Bekki, but I love my nickname of Red best :)
2. Where are you from? Everywhere! I was born in California, lived longest in Virgina, call Illinois home and live in Pennsylvania!
3. Family? Married for 8 years with four children. Miles-6, Owen-5, Fiona-3 1/2, Gwen-22months
4. Occupation? Wife, Homeschool Momma, and Interior Designer for my friends now.
5. Age 33
6. How many hours a week do you typically spend scrapping? Not much Hard to find time with all the children!
7. What size LOs do you prefer/do you do? 12/12
8. How would you describe your scrapping style? I don't really know I haven't given it much thought!
9. How long have you been scrapping? Let's see, since 1992 I think!
10. Do you have a product or technique you’re known for? Or what do you always seem to turn to when you’re putting together a lo? Ink! I love to distress
11. Do you have a favorite manufacturer or product line? So many...
12. Why are you drawn to scrapbook your faith journey? I have always wanted to scrap my life map so I can pass it on to my children. I scrapbook all of the other "important" things I shoud focus on what really matters.
13. Is there someone on sb.com whose style inspires you? Lots, they are all in my favorites!
14. What do you hope to give and gain from being in the Faith*Scrappers COF group? I don't have anything very deep but I have no one here where I live that scrapbooks and lives thier life according to scripture and following the ways of the Lord. I would love to meet some real people who share the same hobby and thier love of God!

mOm23girls
Diva
mOm23girls

Ok DeAnna, I made a album for this group. There is nothing there yet but hope to get some work done soon!!

kimBinAK
Mayor
kimBinAK
In response to Rusha

• Rusha Said:
. What is your real name/what do you liked to be called? Jerusha is my real name, you can call me that or you can choose something you like. I am pretty flexible. I have had everything from Jeri to Jeru to Rusha...so it really matters not!
2. Where are you from? Canada
3. Family? I have a wonderful husband named Steve that I have been married to for almost 4 years, and 2 boys - Aiden is 2 and Micah is 4 months old.
4. Occupation? Currently a SAHM, but when Micah is in kindergarten I plan to go back to school for my MEd. so I can teach high school.
5. Age? 25
6. How many hours a week do you typically spend scrapping? 6-8 hours. I try to scrap when my hubby is working an evening shift and the kids are asleep.
7. What size LOs do you prefer/do you do? I usually do 12x12 but I am flexible.
8. How would you describe your scrapping style? Experimental!
9. How long have you been scrapping? A year and a half.
10. Do you have a product or technique you’re known for? Or what do you always seem to turn to when you’re putting together a lo? I used to be a Creative Memories consultant so I have some of their tools. I only did it for about 3 months (there just is no market here to keep it going) but I don't regret it because I got a lot of their tools at a discount price, it is wonderful!
11. Do you have a favorite manufacturer or product line? Not really, I like a little bit of everything. Whatever I can afford!
12. Why are you drawn to scrapbook your faith journey? I am really not talented artistically. I have always longed to be! When I started to get into scrapbooking, I really felt that it was something I could do that I did well. And then as my pages started to get better and better I felt that God had finally blessed me with an artistic flair for SOMETHING. It just makes sense to scrapbook my faith journey now that I am getting used to scrapping.
13. Is there someone on sb.com whose style inspires you? Tons of different people. I love seeing other people's work and wishing I could do it too!
14. What do you hope to give and gain from being in the Faith*Scrappers COF group? I am not sure what I can give since I am new and not experienced. But we all know that sometimes God uses the least likely people to touch other, so maybe He will use me. But I know I can gain some new friends and some inspiration here and I look forward to getting to know all of you!

Welcome, Rusha ! I love what you said toward the end of your post - "...we all know that sometimes God uses the least likely people to touch other, so maybe He will use me" - well said, Hon -- I look forward to knowing you better, too!

LiC - kimB

kimBinAK
Mayor
kimBinAK

• All Red... Said:
Here are my answers to the questions! Iam looking forward to getting to know everyone

1. What is your real name/what do you liked to be called? My given name is Rebecca, I go by Bekki, but I love my nickname of Red best :)
2. Where are you from? Everywhere! I was born in California, lived longest in Virgina, call Illinois home and live in Pennsylvania!
3. Family? Married for 8 years with four children. Miles-6, Owen-5, Fiona-3 1/2, Gwen-22months
4. Occupation? Wife, Homeschool Momma, and Interior Designer for my friends now.
5. Age 33
6. How many hours a week do you typically spend scrapping? Not much Hard to find time with all the children!
7. What size LOs do you prefer/do you do? 12/12
8. How would you describe your scrapping style? I don't really know I haven't given it much thought!
9. How long have you been scrapping? Let's see, since 1992 I think!
10. Do you have a product or technique you’re known for? Or what do you always seem to turn to when you’re putting together a lo? Ink! I love to distress
11. Do you have a favorite manufacturer or product line? So many...
12. Why are you drawn to scrapbook your faith journey? I have always wanted to scrap my life map so I can pass it on to my children. I scrapbook all of the other "important" things I shoud focus on what really matters.
13. Is there someone on sb.com whose style inspires you? Lots, they are all in my favorites!
14. What do you hope to give and gain from being in the Faith*Scrappers COF group? I don't have anything very deep but I have no one here where I live that scrapbooks and lives thier life according to scripture and following the ways of the Lord. I would love to meet some real people who share the same hobby and thier love of God!

Woo-Hoo -- Red's Here !! Hi Hon - glad to be in this group with you - kimB

kimBinAK
Mayor
kimBinAK
In response to kimBinAK

Just checking in -- ACU to here and getting off the computer now to work on some LOs -- back later!

LiC - kimB

DeAnna...
Diva
DeAnna...
In response to kimBinAK

Kim you are so right!!! I heard a preacher one time talking about Paul when he was about to be put in prison and some believers lowered him over the wall in a basket and the preacher said "there's this guy down below holding the rope and praying "God please use me for something significant!" and he's holding 13 books of the new testament in his hands."
We never know how God is using us!
DeAnna

ScrapDoggy
Idol
ScrapDoggy
In response to DeAnna...

If there's still room, I would LOVE to join!

kimBinAK
Mayor
kimBinAK
In response to ScrapDoggy

Checking in -- heading into Anchorage soon, so will check back in later this evening.

Have a blessed Friday, everyone - kimB

musica620
Idol
musica620
In response to ScrapDoggy

Hi, everyone, I found my way over here!!
Well, I want to let you all know that the guardianship was made permanent on Wed. The parents showed up and the judge met with them first and told them that no matter what they say in court, he was granting the guardianship. He advised them that if they want to be a part of the boys lives then they should get counseling. In front of the judge the father tried to make my dh look like he was not communicating with them, but I set him straight on that, since I was the one who kept in contact with the mother the first time the youngest ran away to us. When we left the courtroom all the parents wanted to talk about was getting money for the boys cars (this whole time they've wanted us to pay $3,000 for the boys cars that they payed partial on.) After they left, the boys said that nothing had changed and that they didn't think their parents would get counseling.
The oldests teachers have told me that he is such a different person, and he went to the security guard the day it was final and grabbed her hands and told her that it was over (smiling the whole time). She said he was almost giddy with relief!

kileba14
Veteran
kileba14
In response to musica620

wow your computer goes down for a couple days and suddenly we've got new members and a different thread!! i'm so confused... hehe

Deanna - congratulations on the guardianship!! how exciting!!

i hope you girls have had a fabulous week - i'll be praying for you all!

kileba14
Veteran
kileba14
In response to kileba14

wait a second...i thought victoria said this month's challenge your favorite verse with a picture of yourself in it? that's the part that made it so complicated for me...did i overcomplicate my life by adding things that weren't there?

Rusha
Rusha 
Diva
Rusha
  • Rusha on 04-04-08 02:53 PM
In response to kileba14

Here is mine:

Edited by Rusha on 04-04-08 07:46 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

kimBinAK
Mayor
kimBinAK
In response to Rusha

Beautiful LO, Rusha !

Wonderful news about the guardianship, Deanna !

Glad you found us, Kim

Off to bed, now -- Have a blessed Saturday, everyone !

'Nighty -- kimB

DeAnna...
Diva
DeAnna...
In response to kimBinAK

awesome LO Rusha!!!
YaY!!!! Kim. I have Been so worried about you.
Deannathat is so wonderful!!!! I am so happy for you and the boys !!!!!
I am in & out girls, my sister is down for the weekend and we are pow wowing about her daughter. Pray for us
hugs
DeAnna

AmyinFL
Idol
AmyinFL
In response to DeAnna...

Thanks for the link to the new thread! I will post as soon as I get a chance. I am still working on my scripture layout.

kimBinAK
Mayor
kimBinAK
In response to AmyinFL

Checking in -- praying for the situation with Mercedes, DeAnna -- keep us posted when you're able

Have a blessed Sunday, everyone !!

LiC - kimB

Groovy Deborah
Diva
Groovy Deborah
In response to kimBinAK

Good Morning, hope it's a great day!
Deborah

irenie
irenie 
Guru
irenie

My answers- finally getting it done!

1. What is your real name/what do you liked to be called? I go by my middle name Irene

2. Where are you from? Right now I live in Modesto, Calif. This was the town I was born in! I've lived in Oregon, Tennessee and various parts of Calif.

3. Family? I am single-I have been divorced since 1992. I have 5 grown children- ranging in age from 38 to 21 and six beautiful grandchildren who are the joys of my life!

4. Occupation? At the present I am on disability due to Fibromyalgia. In the past I have worked in retail management.
5. Age? A young 58! Don't feel that old even with my health problems!
6. How many hours a week do you typically spend scrapping? Right now probably 4 hours.

7. What size LOs do you prefer/do you do? I normally do 12x12's.
8. How would you describe your scrapping style?I've been scrapping for almost a year. My style varies depending on the picture and the story I want to tell. Most of my recent layouts have been clean and simple. I usually don't add too many embellies unless they are needed with the layout.

9. How long have you been scrapping? Almost a year.
10. Do you have a product or technique you’re known for? Or what do you always seem to turn to when you’re putting together a lo? I have no one technique- but I prefer dark- jewel tone colors. I have just gotten comfortable with bright colors. I was so afraid of mixing colors!Love to use chipboard letters.

11. Do you have a favorite manufacturer or product line? I love Basic Grey papers- other than that it depends on what exactly I'm looking for!

12. Why are you drawn to scrapbook your faith journey? Lately I've had lots of stress in my life- one family crisis after another. I know the only way to achieve some peace of mind is to rely on God more. This will help me to focus on God's ways, his love and his word.
13. Is there someone on sb.com whose style inspires you? There are so many wonderful scrappers here. I love all the variety of styles!

14. What do you hope to give and gain from being in the Faith*Scrappers COF group? I hope to give encouragement- both in scrapping inspiration and also encouragement to everyone in all of our Faith journeys. I hope to gain fellowship and encouragement from everyone- on my spiritual journey and so happy to be apart of this group and getting to know everyone!

Edited by irenie on 04-06-08 07:18 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

AmyinFL
Idol
AmyinFL
In response to irenie

1. What is your real name/what do you liked to be called? Amy
2. Where are you from? Originally from Logan, West Virginia, but now live in Florida
3. Family? Married to Jeff for almost 13 years, have 3 boys, Nicholas - almost 9, Gregory - 6, and Jamison - 4. We have 3 dogs and 2 cats.
4. Occupation? Office manager for a concrete construction company
5. Age? 32
6. How many hours a week do you typically spend scrapping? Depends, sometimes none and sometimes 4-5
7. What size LOs do you prefer/do you do? 12x12 mostly
8. How would you describe your scrapping style? I don't really have a style.
9. How long have you been scrapping? Just over 2 years.
10. Do you have a product or technique you’re known for? Or what do you always seem to turn to when you’re putting together a lo? I like to do altered canvas and projects for family. As for layouts, I use a lot of chipboard.
11. Do you have a favorite manufacturer or product line? Not really, I like them all!
12. Why are you drawn to scrapbook your faith journey? Because I want my children to be able to see who I am, and what God has done for me and what He means to me. I want to be able to do that creatively in my scrapping and I am really wanting to use my nature shots to show my faith.
13. Is there someone on sb.com whose style inspires you? There are tons of people.
14. What do you hope to give and gain from being in the Faith*Scrappers COF group? I hope to strengthen my walk with God, learn more about Faith Scrapping and possibly use my challenges that I am going through right now to encourage others. I also want to help with being a prayer warrior for others who might need it.

DeAnna...
Diva
DeAnna...
In response to AmyinFL

Evening Ladies!!!!
Amy I am so glad your home and doing so well!
I see that a few of us have our LO's linked can't wait to see the rest of yours! Kim wheres yours? I saw it in your gallery and loved it!
Kim you asked about the challenge and a pic of ourselves. I must have missed that bit about the pic but will post it. I think most of us have the pic though.
I still need a couple of addy's to send out the books for the circle journals so as soon as I get them I will be shipping them out. Can't wait.
I need all of you to post ideas for themes on here and tell me whether you want them to all be the same theme or owners choice. Just remember they should all be faith related in some way.
Also note how you think the rak for the challenges should be handled. I like the Groovy doodles way of doing it where we each send a little something to the winner. Nothing expensive you understand. And personally I love recieving homemade items. Or do you want the hostess of the challenge to send a rak? Remember that whoever wins the challenge will get to host and choose the next challenge.
Most important the challenge ends April 15th!!!!
Have a Blessed evening
DeAnna

Shari82199
Diva
Shari82199
In response to DeAnna...

Aright, sorry ladies. The wicked strep throat stopped by my house and paid me a visit. I was pretty miserable there for a few days. I do believe I'm on the mend now.

1. What is your real name/what do you like to be called?Shari
2. Where are you from? Upper Penninsula of Michigan
3. Family? I have been married for 8 1/2 wonderful years to my DH Todd and we have two wonderful, mischevious gifts; Melina is 6 and Aliah is 4 1/2
4. Occupation? I am WAHM if you want to call it that. I do ordering and hold crops for our local Hallmark store that carries scrap supplies
5. Age? 31
6. How many hours a week do you typically spend scrapping? sporadically but mainly when the girls go to bed, maybe 5, if I'm lucky
7. What size LOs do you prefer/do you do?mainly 12x12
8. How would you describe your scrapping style? I don't really know if I have a style, whatever comes to mind when I'm working on something
9. How long have ou been scrapping? 6 years
10. Do you have a product or technique you're known for? Or what do you always seem to turn to when you're putting together a lo? LOVE MY CRICUT
11. Do you have a favorite manufacturer or product line? I love Basic Grey and Fancy Pants
12. Why are you drawn to scrapbook your faith journey? I want to leave something for my girls to look back to help them remember what has happened in their lives. Be it something happy or sad. And hopefully in those LOs they will see how our faith has helped us through everything.
13. Is there someone on sb.com whose style inspires you? I would love to be able to so something like Scrapperlicious
14. what do you hope to give and gain from being in Faith*Scrappers COF Group? friendships, encouragement and accountability

kimBinAK
Mayor
kimBinAK

Hello, Amy & Shari! Glad to meet you and look forward to learning more about you through your posts, prayers and creative work

Have a blessed week - kimB

kimBinAK
Mayor
kimBinAK
In response to DeAnna...

• DeAnna Johnson Said:
Evening Ladies!!!!

...I still need a couple of addy's to send out the books for the circle journals so as soon as I get them I will be shipping them out. Can't wait.
I need all of you to post ideas for themes on here and tell me whether you want them to all be the same theme or owners choice. Just remember they should all be faith related in some way.
Also note how you think the rak for the challenges should be handled. I like the Groovy doodles way of doing it where we each send a little something to the winner. Nothing expensive you understand. And personally I love recieving homemade items. Or do you want the hostess of the challenge to send a rak? Remember that whoever wins the challenge will get to host and choose the next challenge.
Most important the challenge ends April 15th!!!!
Have a Blessed evening
DeAnna

Hi DeAnna - hope your Sunday was wonderful !

For the Circle Journals, it would be more fun (IMHO) if each person had her own theme. If we get to choose our own, then I would like to do mine on "How GOD Speaks to Me" - through nature, His Word, other people, etc. It would be fun to have an album filled with the various ways He speaks to me and others !

About the RAKs -- I like your idea of each one sending a "little something" to the winner; that way, no one individual would be responsible for sending something. But really, I'm fine with whatever way you and the group decide to handle it

Blessings on your evening - - kimB

Groovy Deborah
Diva
Groovy Deborah
In response to kimBinAK

Hey DeAnna,

Can you get back to our "old thread" on the other boeard? Just wondering if you can send me the link since I can't find my way back after I ditched the email with the link in it.

Thanks if you can help!
Deborah

Groovy Deborah
Diva
Groovy Deborah
In response to musica620

• musica620 Said:
Hi, everyone, I found my way over here!!
Well, I want to let you all know that the guardianship was made permanent on Wed. The parents showed up and the judge met with them first and told them that no matter what they say in court, he was granting the guardianship. He advised them that if they want to be a part of the boys lives then they should get counseling. In front of the judge the father tried to make my dh look like he was not communicating with them, but I set him straight on that, since I was the one who kept in contact with the mother the first time the youngest ran away to us. When we left the courtroom all the parents wanted to talk about was getting money for the boys cars (this whole time they've wanted us to pay $3,000 for the boys cars that they payed partial on.) After they left, the boys said that nothing had changed and that they didn't think their parents would get counseling.
The oldests teachers have told me that he is such a different person, and he went to the security guard the day it was final and grabbed her hands and told her that it was over (smiling the whole time). She said he was almost giddy with relief!

Congrats Deanna on doing all that is needed. Does everyone remember the old phrase "Why can't we all just get along?". The judges would spend a lot less time in court if people would just do the things they are supposed to do. Enjoy those children and have a good day, Deborah

DeAnna...
Diva
DeAnna...

Hey Deborah, here ya go
Old Thread
Hope everyone is having a great day!
DeAnna

DeAnna...
Diva
DeAnna...
In response to kileba14

The membership list has been updated! Please go welcome each other :))
We are only waiting on one other! yay!!!

kimBinAK
Mayor
kimBinAK
In response to DeAnna...

Just checking in ! It's a lovely sunny day, but more snow is expected tomorrow and Wednesday . Heading into Anchorage soon, so will pop in again later.

- kimB

mOm23girls
Diva
mOm23girls
In response to kimBinAK

Hello ladies!! I have not peeked in sorry! I have been so busy with Melissa's b-day party AND Lesseth leaving for science camp this week.
I hope you all had a wonwderful weekend!! Mine was great!! I have been praying for all of you:)

Shari82199
Diva
Shari82199
In response to mOm23girls

Stoppin' in to say HELLO!!

Finally starting to feel better and get back into the swing of things. I guess spring break being over really makes that happen too.

mOm23girls
Diva
mOm23girls

Glad you are feeling better Shari!

Shari82199
Diva
Shari82199

Thank You Amparo.

I prayed hard in the Dr's office that I had strep. Only because I don't know what I would have done if I hadn't gotten any antibiotics. Now I pray hard that this dose of them will get rid of it and keep it away.

One of the little boys that I watch had it and I just found out he was back at the clinic the same day I was there.

I know I had to make an album. Not sure if I had to link it here. So here it is!!

Shari's Faith Scrappers Album

Of course there's nothing in it yet. I have another layout due on the 15th and a crop this weekend. Hopefully I'll get both of them done!!

DeAnna...
Diva
DeAnna...

Shari what is your bday?
Hope you get to feeling better soon

All Red...
Mayor
All Red...
In response to DeAnna...

Hello Ladies!

I was sick with a mild fever yesterday and spent the day sleeping. Today I felt totally normal again and spent the day making up for being ill! It's amazing what one day down can do. So now I am behind one day and trying to play catch-up. just wanted to peek in.

kimBinAK
Mayor
kimBinAK

So glad you are feeling better today, Red & Shari -- it's no fun to feel so miserable when spring is coming to life !

LiC - kimB

AmyinFL
Idol
AmyinFL
In response to kimBinAK

Ladies, I could use some prayers. I lost my job today and I have some major decisions to make. I need God's guidance like never before right now.

Shari82199
Diva
Shari82199
In response to AmyinFL

Sorry to hear that Amy. You will definitely be in my prayers.

Oh yeah, DeAnna, it's Feb. 1, 1977. Were we supposed to include that?

Edited by Shari82199 on 04-07-08 06:24 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

kileba14
Veteran
kileba14
In response to AmyinFL

shari & red - glad to hear you're feeling a little better!

amy - i'll be praying for you as you seek God's leading...and how are you feeling?

deAnna - where is my layout? someone's going to have to teach me how to post it before you see it here!! i don't do computers. and while we're discussing things i don't understand, will someone please tell me what this circle journal project is?? you guys are going to have to not assume i know what's going on.

i hope you're all having a great start to the week! i'm feeling pretty energized so far since i did some hiking this weekend while everything's still nice & dead!! (i'm not horribly morbid - i just have severe allergies & the start of adult-onset asthma, and winter is the only season that allows me to breathe...and PA is known as the WORST state to live in if you have allergies.) in any case, i'll be praying for you all - have a happy tuesday!!

All Red...
Mayor
All Red...
In response to kileba14

So where are you in PA? I am outside of Philly. I used to have bad alergies and athsma too! after 4 children the athsma is gone, but the allergies are still around just not as bad. They get worse every year I live here, my body is getting used to PA., even if my mind is not!

Amy- praying for your decision making process!

DeAnna...
Diva
DeAnna...

Amy I am so sorry to hear that. I'm praying hon.
Glad your feeling better too
DeAnna

DeAnna...
Diva
DeAnna...
In response to DeAnna...

I know this may sound complicated so if you have questions just ask. I will post the full explanation and rules to the thread once I have everyones addy and the books have arrived.

THE CIRCLE JOURNAL PROCESS
Once I have everyones snail-mail address and e-mail, I will forward a mailing list and send out your books to you. We will mail our books out by a set date each month. In other words, you will work in your book and then by the set date, you will mail it to the person below your name on the mailing list. You will then receive another book, work in that, and mail it on the next set date. (Yes, you CAN mail a book out earlier if you're finished with your spread.) You will always be mailing to the same person. I am providing 6x6 chipboard books and its up to you to choose a theme and decorate them. Just remember the theme should have something to do with your faith.

I hope this explains a little bit there will be more to follow

DeAnna

Shari82199
Diva
Shari82199
In response to DeAnna...

Good Morning!!!

I pray you all have a wonderful day today.

My oldest, Melina, has started with the allergies the last couple of days. At least I hope that's what it is and not another cold.

kileba14
Veteran
kileba14

this is my layout for the challenge:

I Cor 10:13 By Kileba14

(deAnna i did it!!! it worked!! eureka!! ) :)hehe

kileba14
Veteran
kileba14
In response to kileba14

red - i'm about a half hour above harrisburg & a half hour below williamsport, if you're at all familiar with those areas. so your asthma just left after you had your children?? i have never heard of that! is that common? that's crazy!

DeAnna...
Diva
DeAnna...
In response to kileba14

Great LO Kinm! I love it!!!! I'm so glad it worked YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL!

All Red...
Mayor
All Red...
In response to kileba14

• kileba14 Said:
red - i'm about a half hour above harrisburg & a half hour below williamsport, if you're at all familiar with those areas. so your asthma just left after you had your children?? i have never heard of that! is that common? that's crazy!

We'er not to far away, considering where everyone else in the group lives. hehe. It takes me about 1 1/2 hours to get to hershey, 2 to Harisburg.

Pregnacy does weird things to your body! You will never be the same but be better for it. It's a good cancer reducer too! I have heard of this happening to other people but I don't know if its is medically proven.

mOm23girls
Diva
mOm23girls

Kim~ Great LO girl!! Love everything about it!!

mOm23girls
Diva
mOm23girls

DeAnna~ I can't wait to get started on the CJ. This will be so much fun and such a great way to get to know eachother!! I pm'd you my addy.

mOm23girls
Diva
mOm23girls
In response to AmyinFL

• AmyinFL Said:
Ladies, I could use some prayers. I lost my job today and I have some major decisions to make. I need God's guidance like never before right now.

Amy~ I will continue to pray for you. What happend sweetie?

DeAnna...
Diva
DeAnna...

Just checkin in before bed. Night Ladies

Groovy Deborah
Diva
Groovy Deborah
In response to DeAnna...

Girls I need to get something off of my mind and am hoping you don't mind me spilling it to you so that you can ask God to help me be less nervous.I know God tells us in the bible that He does not give us the spririt of fear; however the one who does give it to us has me locked up with it. Read on...

I am terrified of the dentist which all stems from me going when I was a kid and the dentist hurting me...so I made an appointment to go see the oral surgeon today who needs to remove a tooth that I broke 7 years ago. When I last saw him it was three years ago and he was going to take me in the next morning for my procedure but I would not go. So, I have just been waiting it out and now made the decision that I need to be brave and get this darn thing out.

I went today and found out they had scheduled me at the wrong office and now I have to return yet another day for consultation and yet another day just to get the surgery, As if!

I have never had a tooth removed with the exception of two wisdom teeth so I am horrified!

If it's not too much trouble will you ask God to keep your friend Deborah in his palm. I need all the guidance and push I can get, and obviously the comfort hat only He can provide me with.

Glad to have that off my chest. Thanks for listening!
♥Deborah

Groovy Deborah
Diva
Groovy Deborah
In response to DeAnna...

1. What is your real name/what do you liked to be called? Deborah, Debbie or Deb

2. Where are you from? Commonwealth of VA

3. Family? Married to Kevin 14 years today! Two girls Katelyn3,Kristen 12, 3 cats, one dog

4. Occupation? Privte Investigator-and Payroll Specialist-retired to homeschool my oldest dd for 6 years before allowing her to go to public school, and now SAHM, Certified Fiskars Demonstrator

5. Age? 29 and holding
6. How many hours a week do you typically spend scrapping? 25

7. What size LOs do you prefer/do you do?
12x12, but mix it up so I won't get bored
8. How would you describe your scrapping style?
Extemely Eclectic

9. How long have you been scrapping? 30 years

10. Do you have a product or technique you’re known for? Or what do you always seem to turn to when you’re putting together a lo?
I love to hide journaling, use chipboard, and lots of stuff on my pages.

11. Do you have a favorite manufacturer or product line? Scenic Route, Fiskars -C9, HG, Li'l Davis , K and Co, BG, CI, Crate Paper , Me and My Big Ideas , Rusty Pickle and so many others!!!

12. Why are you drawn to scrapbook your faith journey?

My children will need to one day know and understand the lessons I am tring to teach them that are not only moralistically correct, but biblical.

13. Is there someone on sb.com whose style inspires you?

There are several, but I don't prefer to name names. Everyone is talented in their own way :)

14. What do you hope to give and gain from being in the Faith*Scrappers COF group?
If I can give anything I would love to give it

As far as gaining I truly to want to get closer and friendlier with other ladies who have a close connection to God.

Groovy Deborah
Diva
Groovy Deborah

• All Red... Said:
So where are you in PA? I am outside of Philly. I used to have bad alergies and athsma too! after 4 children the athsma is gone, but the allergies are still around just not as bad. They get worse every year I live here, my body is getting used to PA., even if my mind is not!

Amy- praying for your decision making process!

Just thought I'd jump on your thread to say I lived in Bethlehem a couple of years ago
♥Deborah

DeAnna...
Diva
DeAnna...

oh Deborah I dont blame you a bit. Dentists are terrifying! Funnily enough when I was a kid I loved them! My detist was wonderful! But as an adult I had the worst most terrifying dentist in the world! He was just plain vicious.
And I can say all kinds of things that sound good but do not help at all with that kind of fear. Fear is not of God. Fear is the little killer. the only thing to fear is fear itself. all that.
But really the best thing is just prayer. the prayers of others but mostly your own prayingbefore and during.
Oh and I almost forgot about the drugs! I know this sounds extreme but my new dentist premedicates me. valiums & Lortabs and if he is going to do something serious DEMORAL (sp?). By the time I get there I'm not feeling any pain! Something to think about.
Let us know before you leave for the appointment and we will all pray during you appointment that God will keep you in the palm of his hand and protect you frrom the pain and fear.
Hugs
DeAnna

kimBinAK
Mayor
kimBinAK

DeAnna - looking forward to working on our Circle Journals !

Amy - praying for your job situation, Hon...remember that GOD sees the "big picture" and only wants the very best for you - praying He will lead you plainly down the path He wants you to travel!

Deborah - I can empathize with your reluctance to visit the dentist, as I have had some painful experiences of my own... However, I applaud your determination to conquer your fears ! Praying for the Lord to fill you with peace beyond comprehension.

'Nighty, everyone -- see you all tomorrow !

LiC - kimB

Rusha
Rusha 
Diva
Rusha
  • Rusha on 04-09-08 03:55 AM
In response to kimBinAK

Hi girls, sorry I haven't checked in earlier. It has been a zoo here for the last four days!!

Amy, sorry to hear about your job. Will be praying that you get some answers and are able to make some decisions.

Deborah, I hate dentists and am terrified as well. I am glad you are facing your fears. Let us know how it goes. Keep us updated!

Looking forward to doing the circle journals!

Shari82199
Diva
Shari82199
In response to Rusha

Deborah - funny that you mention the dentist, I have an appointment tomorrow. I too do not like them. But I also realize that it is for my health and my whole body and my family benefit from me keeping my mouth healthy.

I agree with DeAnna about the drugs. Something to help you relax before you go will probably help wonderfully. I remember to this day when I had my wisdom teeth pulled. My parents went out of town. My boyfriend then, husband now, had to take me. I was also moving into my very first apartment that weekend too. All I really remember is praying hard before I went and coming out with wonderful medicine to help the pain!!

I'll pray for you and that God will give you the strength and peace of mind that you need.

And think past the expereince and how better off you will be to get that bad tooth out.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day today. It's raining here today. But on the sunny side, it's washing away all of our dirty snow!!

All Red...
Mayor
All Red...

Good Mornig Ladies!

Deborah- I will be praing for your dental situation. I have to say that before I joined sb.com I had never heard of anyone not liking the dentist. I must have had a great one growing up. Anyway, fears are fears and everyone has different ones. I will be praying that it coes smoothly for you.

I also noticed you are from VA. I was born and raised in Blacksburg, and am going home for a visit tomorrow! We have only lived here for 2 1/2 years and still don't like it. But this is where God put us for now... we are waiting to hear about layoffs at my hubby's company. It's very stressful for him at work right now.

mOm23girls
Diva
mOm23girls

Debroah~ I will keep you in my prayers. I know how tramtizing the dentist is I have the same problem. Just focus on GOd and pray when they are doing the work. I also agree on taking some vallum to take the edge off and you will be more relaxed. Also what helpes me is to take a mp3 player for some soft music to ditract your mind from what is going on. If you dont want to listen to music just pray while you are having your tooth pulled. I wish you the best my friend and I will pary for you. Let us know how it goes sweetie:) I am so happy for you that you are going to face your fear. One day we will need face all of our fears and stand up for our LORD this could just be a little practice for you:)

mOm23girls
Diva
mOm23girls

Ladies~ now I am once again asking for prayer. Lesseth went to science camp on Monday and I thought I was going to be alright with it well i'm not. I miss her so much I just feel so alone right now. Hubby also left today to work and will not be back untill firday so that makes it worse. To top it all off it will be the annversary* of my brother passing away. It is my b-day on friday and all I can think of is that these days 3 years ago he was suffering so much and we were about to lose him. I know what GOd teaches about death and I know one day I will reunite with him but to me it is so much more easier sadi then done. Please pray for me. Please pray for my daughter that she is more then 3 hours away from home. Heck just pray for us all. THanks ladies I appriciate you so much

DeAnna...
Diva
DeAnna...

Ampro I am praying hon. My youngest son is 19 and he took off two weeks ago with friends to go to a town about two hours away. He called us once and we heard from a friend 3 days ago that he left there to go to medicine Lodge Kansas. He is legally an adult and not technically missing just doing his thing. But I am worried sick. I remember when he was little and went to stay with a cousin for 3 days and I was so worried the entire time. I'd give anything to be worried about that again.
And remember you are not alone even when you feel like it. You are in the palm of your savior's hand. So try to lean back and snuggle in deep. He will never drop you
By the way did I tell you how much I love the name Lesseth? just beautiful!
Hugs
DeAnna

DeAnna...
Diva
DeAnna...
In response to DeAnna...

Ok ladies are you ready for the circle journals? please pm me with your email addy's and if possible phone numbers. I assure you the numbers will only be used in the event that a book does not arrive at its next destination.

Ok here are the rules. I've basically taken from past CJ's and combined rules. IF there is anything I have forgotten please let me know. I'm counting on you Deborah LOL! Since you've been around alot longer than I.
I will be mailing the journals out tomorrow so if there is anything I need to know tell me tonight

THE CIRCLE JOURNAL PROCESS

YOUR JOURNAL:
The Cover - some folks love to do the cover of the book. That's fine if you are going to paint it, cover it with decorative paper, and stamp it. It is best to put buttons, beads, dangles, baubles, dominoes, dice, scrabble letters or anything that sticks up when your journal returns to you. Every journal that has come to me with something like this on the cover almost always falls off and it makes it hard for other players to work in your book. Even the hardiest of glues are no match for the postal service.

Please feel free to change anything about the book. I'm sending chipboard 6x6 books with rings. If you dont like the paper or the chipboard feel free to use whatever you like. I am asking that you keep to the 6x6 size because 12x12 would take more supplies to scrap and incur higher shipping costs.

IDENTIFICATION:
Make sure you put your name and address somewhere in the book. The inside of the back cover is the best place. That way if the package becomes damaged the PO can return it to you. You can do this as creatively as you choose. Just make sure it stays on the page.

GUIDELINES:
Please stick to the persons theme. If you have a question about it, please ask them before making any decisions on your own.

DOING YOUR SPREADS:
It is considered not good etiquette to mail out a book without adding some of your own artwork first.

SIMPLE ETIQUETTE ISSUES:
When working in others books be respectful of their books. When you are not working in them keep them in a safe place. You don't want the dog or puppy or kitten to get at them, or small hands. If you do smoke, store them in a baggie and put them in an area of the house where it is less likely to absorb the odor. Some people are very allergic to it. Don't take that as an insult to you. It is just a respectable thing to do. It is not personal. Make sure, if you plan on showing the book to others be careful, don't lose the book. It has happened. You will feel awful, and so will they. It is an accident but one you want to avoid. Contact your host and the books owner if a book comes to you damaged. It happens, it's no one's fault, but let him or her know. If something happens to you and you find you cannot complete the journal let your host know. She will often think of something you may not have and it will work out. Hosts really want to help but you have to tell them. If other issues arise when in doubt ask your host. They are always willing to help you.

OVERVIEW:
A circle journal (CJ) captures participants thoughts, creativity, and ideas on a particular theme expressed through photos, journaling, ephemera, and various media.

A CJ group can have any number of participants. The more participants, the more interesting, but the longer the process takes. For example, a circle journal group of 10 participants takes about 6 months to complete. A coordinator communicates with participants regularly about routing sequence and deadlines.

Each participant has her own CJ and selects a theme for it. At the end of the process, each participant keeps her own CJ

Please be sure that your theme is stated, and explained if necessary, somewhere in or with your book. This will alleviate any doubts.

GETTING STARTED:
1. Choose any theme you wish as long as it is related to your faith.

for example:
a. How God speaks to you
b. How your life has changed since you accepted Christ
c. A life changing experience with God
d. The day you accepted Christ
e. How others have influenced your faith
f. Your daily walk
g. Your church life
h. When you are closest to God

Or any other themes as long as it is based on your faith.
Themes are not exclusive; for instance, more than one participant in the group can select the same theme.

2. I am Sending out books for each of you. The book should have enough pages for the introductory page(s), sign in page(s), and two entry pages for each participant, including you, if not you can add more pages. Feel free to make any changes to the book that you wish, for instance you ,ay not like the color of the pages so feel free to change the paper.

3. Decorate the cover of the book, if desired.

4. Create your title, introduction, and sign in pages. The participants two-page entries should be side-by-side and begin after the title, introduction, and sign in pages; therefore, plan these pages accordingly. Introduction page(s) can also include special instructions, such as prohibiting the use of specific media in your CJ.

5. Immediately following the sign in page(s), create your own two-page entry based on your CJ theme. For instance, if the theme of your CJ is Nature, your entry will relate to nature in some way.

6. Send the CJ to the next participant on the list by the deadline. The coordinator provides each participant with the routing sequence and deadlines. You will always receive CJs from the same person and will send CJs to the same person on the list.

7. Receive a CJ from another participant and create your entry.

CREATING ENTRIES:
When you receive another participants CJ:
1. Note the theme.
2. Review the introduction page(s).
3. Sign in on the sign in page.
4. Create an entry based on the theme of the CJ.
5. Send the CJ to the next participant on the list by the deadline.

MAILING:
1. It would be good if everyone could use Priority mail with confirmation so you know the journal gets to the person you are sending it to, and you can track it, however I realize this may not be possible for all of you. If you live somewhere where using UPS is better then just let the host know. Check also with whom you are mailing to so they know how it will be arriving to them. Never hurts to double-check about that stuff before hand.
2. Take care when mailing your journal and everyone else's journal. Respect the players and their journals. Use a box, as padded bags often get ripped and many mail carriers will bend, smoosh and manipulate a package to fit in a small place not intended for a book. Use baggies, bubble wrap and or other padding such as: peanut, shredded paper, newspaper around the book in the box and then mail. Now that book is as safe as it can be. You have done your best to get it to the next person in line intact.
3. Print or write out the addresses big and clear and double check them when you mail the package and adhere to any guidelines the host set forth.

CONCLUDING THE PROCESS:
Each participant keeps the CJ she started. When the last person completes her two-page entry in your CJ, it is returned to you for you to keep.

Shari82199
Diva
Shari82199
In response to DeAnna...

WOW!! I think I'm going to have to print that last entry out DeAnna.

Had anybody done a CJ before that has pictures of the pages in their gallery? This is all new to me.

DeAnna...
Diva
DeAnna...

Not that I'm aware of but what you do is up to you just remember the size is only 6x6.

I know it got kinda long but I figured that since so few of us have done this we might want some detail.

Did I go overboard? LOL! I tend to be an extremist so bear with me.
I'm ROTFL. I just went back through it all geez!!
Ok go ahead and shoot me somebody please! LOLOL!!!!!!!!

mOm23girls
Diva
mOm23girls

• Shari82199 Said:
WOW!! I think I'm going to have to print that last entry out DeAnna.

Had anybody done a CJ before that has pictures of the pages in their gallery? This is all new to me.

Actaully I am in a CJ my first too there are many pictures of the pages I did in my gallery, aslo pic tures of my own. Hopew that helps. I know I felt the same way when I was first invited into a CJ trust me they are so mcuh fun!!

mOm23girls
Diva
mOm23girls
In response to DeAnna...

• DeAnna Johnson Said:
Ampro I am praying hon. My youngest son is 19 and he took off two weeks ago with friends to go to a town about two hours away. He called us once and we heard from a friend 3 days ago that he left there to go to medicine Lodge Kansas. He is legally an adult and not technically missing just doing his thing. But I am worried sick. I remember when he was little and went to stay with a cousin for 3 days and I was so worried the entire time. I'd give anything to be worried about that again.
And remember you are not alone even when you feel like it. You are in the palm of your savior's hand. So try to lean back and snuggle in deep. He will never drop you
By the way did I tell you how much I love the name Lesseth? just beautiful!
Hugs
DeAnna

thanks so mcuh sweetness!! You are right I am in the palm of his hand:) what way you have with words. Thanks, I alos LOVE the name Lesseth it is from france.

Shari82199
Diva
Shari82199

Thanks Amparo. I'll run to your gallery now and check it out.

kileba14
Veteran
kileba14

i just had a long post written out & i was bright enough to somehow hit the back button on my browser so it all disappeared. just know that i had love for you all, and don't be offended that i'm too lazy to re-type it all. good night!!

DeAnna...
Diva
DeAnna...
In response to kileba14

LOL! Too funny Kim. We love you too!

All Red...
Mayor
All Red...
In response to DeAnna...

KIM- I have done that before! Drives me crazy!

Well I will not be able to get the challenge layout done. I thought I would have time but it is all gone. I am leaving tomorrow morning to drive home to my parents! I will not be taking my supplies with me, its just to much to deal with, besides I have plenty of other things to do while I am there. So I will still get it done it will just be much later!

I am taking my laptop so I can check in, expecially since I'll be gone for 2 weeks!

Have a great night everyone!

mOm23girls
Diva
mOm23girls

Have a wonderful time red!! SAy hi to mom and dad for me:) Good thing for laptops I would go crazy without internet!! HAve a nice time. I will pray for you!

kimBinAK
Mayor
kimBinAK

Amparo, praying for GOD's peace to surround you as you are dealing with so many things in your life this week. My kids are all grown and I still get concerned for their safety... But when I do, the Holy Spirit reminds me that I placed each child in His hands many years ago and although He doesn't promise their lives will be problem-free, He has promised that He will never let any of them go. That sustains me and calms my concerns.

It must be so difficult to celebrate your birthday and the loss of your brother on the same day. I cannot imagine what that would be like, but remember that - as you said - one day you will have that glorious reunion with him ! Have you ever made a scrapbook page or album about your brother? If not, this might help you focus on the happy and lovley memories, rather than on the sadness of his passing. If that seems like too much of a project at this time, you could always just write a letter or make a list, full of all the best things about your brother than you can think of. Celebrate the good and cast away the sad.

What kind of work does your hubby do, that it takes him away from home? My Hubby goes out of state several times a year (for 5 or more days at a time) and it does get lonely without him here, but on the other hand, it frees me up to be able to do some things that I don't get a chance to do when he's here! Nothing awful or "bad" - but I can stay up as late as I want, watch whatever TV shows I like, eat certain foods/meals that he doesn't care for, etc. ! But I understand that your hubby being gone is happening at the same time that Lesseth is gone and the birthday/annivesary is this week as well. Will be praying for GOD to be your Husband while hubby is away - that He will keep you all safe and protected during this time and that hubby will return home safe and sound!

Blessings on you, dear Amparo - remember we're always here for you !

LiC - kimB

kimBinAK
Mayor
kimBinAK

Deborah - Happy Anniversary ! Hope you had a lovely celebration !

'Red - travel mercies as you head to your parents and for the time that you will be gone. Check in when you can, Hon !

Kim - don't feel bad, as I certainly have had my share of computer glitches as well ! Sooo frustrating! I certainly appreciate having my computer and the internet, but it sure adds to my stress level sometimes !

DeAnna - all the info for the CJs sounds good to me, but I didn't notice if there was a time limit involved (ie: send the album to the next person within 10 days after receiving it)? I'll PM you with my e-mail address and phone numbers...

Blessings to all - have a fabulous Thursday !!

LiC - kim

Shari82199
Diva
Shari82199
In response to kimBinAK

"Good morning, good morning, good morning. It's time to rise and shine."

Sorry, that's been going through my head all morning. Anybody else know that song? It's from a program that I think my sister did way back. That's the only part of the song I know too. So sad. My mom used to sing it in the morning too to get us up. I hated it or I hated that fact that she was so chipper in the morning. Now God has graced daily with one of those in my house. My oldest is the biggest morning person and doesn't stop talking the whole time. Drives me nuts and tests my patience and attitude every morning.

Anyway, I think I'm rambling now.

Have a great day today girls. I'm off to have tea and Bible Study this morning.

Pam Coston
Tenant
Pam Coston
In response to kileba14

Hello everyone
Sorry I am not able to be around more. I don't have a computer (I know I need to join the 21st century) I'm working on it but until then I have beg time of DeAnna when I can

I cant wait to get to know all of you more and DeAnna has given me a list of prayer requests so Im praying for each of you

Pam

AmyinFL
Idol
AmyinFL

• mOm23girls Said:
  • AmyinFL Said:

Remember when they were wanting me to illegally doctor their books to get away with tax evasion? Well, they had been threatening to fire me ever since then because I refused. Now, with me being sick and had to be out, they kind of used that as an excuse to start looking for a replacement. I saw an ad for my job online and confronted them about it. They told me that they weren't sure if I was coming back or not after being in the hospital and that we really didn't see eye to eye on how the business should run (illegally in their eyes evidently), etc etc. So, I went in Monday night and got my things, left the ad on my desk with a note that I couldn't do it anymore and my keys. Now, I need to decide whether to report them to the IRS because they have been filing fake taxes for years and are hiring illegal aliens.

AmyinFL
Idol
AmyinFL
In response to AmyinFL

Amparo, you are in my prayers my friend. I know how you feel as I lost my dad and he was suffering so much. But PRAISE GOD he accepted Christ before he passed so that I know we will be reunited again. I am so glad you also have that peace within you with your brother.

Rusha
Rusha 
Diva
Rusha
  • Rusha on 04-10-08 07:33 PM
In response to AmyinFL

Praying for you Amparo. xoxox

I am so exhausted, it has been a long week and it is not even close to being done.

I am even more exhausted after reading the guidelines for the CJ. haha!

I hope I can keep up and do a good job. It is my first one and I am nervous!!

mOm23girls
Diva
mOm23girls
In response to Rusha

Kim~ Oh my you dont know how much those word you said mean to me and made my heart smile:) my brothers anaversary is not the same day of my b-day but 10 days after but still it could be the same day it feels that way sometimes. I have done a LO on my brother and it helped me ALOT. I was feeling so sad and missing him so much one day that I just kicked out the LO about him. It is kinda a depressing onebut it helped me ALOT deal with things.

My hubby Luis is a electrician and the company he works for is running thin on work. He NEVER took any work that required him to stay the night anywhere even if it was for a single night. He likes to be home with us. HOWEveR since work is slow its either work out of town or don't work. He is a traffic signal specialist and wires up signal lights. So he is working about 3 hours away. He only has about another 3 months of work there and the next job he has is closer to home. I thank GOD that he is working. You are so right tho. Although I miss him so much it does able me to eat certain things, stay up late and such so that part is nice. AND I get all the kisses from the girls. LOL!

I am so looking forward to picking up Lesseth from camp tomorrow. I have missed her so much and this little trip has made me think so much about her and how much she does here. She helps so much with her sisters and is so responsible.

Again Kim thanks so much for taking the time and writing those kind words. Thanks for your prayers.

mOm23girls
Diva
mOm23girls
In response to AmyinFL

• AmyinFL Said:
Amparo, you are in my prayers my friend. I know how you feel as I lost my dad and he was suffering so much. But PRAISE GOD he accepted Christ before he passed so that I know we will be reunited again. I am so glad you also have that peace within you with your brother.

Thanks so much AMy. YOu are so right one day we will be with them and in front of our savior how wonderful is that?

mOm23girls
Diva
mOm23girls

Rusha~ Thanks so much for the prayers you are so sweet:)

Pam Coston
Tenant
Pam Coston

Wow two posts in one day! The sky may fall!!!
Seriously I need your prayers, In the next 30 days I have a new house to finish painting and decorating and moving into. My daughters wedding which since I'm a caterer I'm doing all the food, flowers, decorating & everything else for. It is short notice because my future son in law will be deploying to Kuwait in August. Many and numerous church events I am involved in and feeling overwhelmed.
Thanks
Love in Christ,
Pam

kimBinAK
Mayor
kimBinAK

• mOm23girls Said:
Kim~ Oh my you dont know how much those word you said mean to me and made my heart smile:) my brothers anaversary is not the same day of my b-day but 10 days after but still it could be the same day it feels that way sometimes. I have done a LO on my brother and it helped me ALOT. I was feeling so sad and missing him so much one day that I just kicked out the LO about him. It is kinda a depressing onebut it helped me ALOT deal with things.

My hubby Luis is a electrician and the company he works for is running thin on work. He NEVER took any work that required him to stay the night anywhere even if it was for a single night. He likes to be home with us. HOWEveR since work is slow its either work out of town or don't work. He is a traffic signal specialist and wires up signal lights. So he is working about 3 hours away. He only has about another 3 months of work there and the next job he has is closer to home. I thank GOD that he is working. You are so right tho. Although I miss him so much it does able me to eat certain things, stay up late and such so that part is nice. AND I get all the kisses from the girls. LOL!

I am so looking forward to picking up Lesseth from camp tomorrow. I have missed her so much and this little trip has made me think so much about her and how much she does here. She helps so much with her sisters and is so responsible.

Again Kim thanks so much for taking the time and writing those kind words. Thanks for your prayers.

Glad to know my words brought some brightness to your day, Hon -- thanks too, for sharing about your husband's job with us -- I certainly didn't mean to be nosy when I asked the question ! My own Hubby is a roofing contractor (we own our own company) and when he goes out of state, it is to attend business conferences and training seminars. I know you must miss your hubby very much, but what a blessing that he's able to find work - even if it's not too close to home. God jobs are so difficult to find nowadays.

Blessings on your reunion with Lesseth tomorrow - I know you both will be so happy to be together again. She sounds like a loving young lady and a joy to be around ! I'm sure her sisters will enjoy having her home again, too!

I'm glad you were able to find some comfort in making the LO for your brother, Hon -- I actually need to do this myself, for my parents. My mother has been gone for over 14 years and I haven't yet made any pages for her; my father passed away last August and I haven't made any pages for him, yet, either... Soon, though.

Have wonderful Friday, Amparo

LiC - kimB

kimBinAK
Mayor
kimBinAK
In response to Pam Coston

• Pam Coston Said:
Wow two posts in one day! The sky may fall!!!
Seriously I need your prayers, In the next 30 days I have a new house to finish painting and decorating and moving into. My daughters wedding which since I'm a caterer I'm doing all the food, flowers, decorating & everything else for. It is short notice because my future son in law will be deploying to Kuwait in August. Many and numerous church events I am involved in and feeling overwhelmed.
Thanks
Love in Christ,
Pam

Hugs to you, Pam -- I was in similar shoes two years ago when our DD got married! Everything seemed to be happening all at once - the wedding, other family issues, church activities/responsibiliti es, helping in our family's business, mother-in-law's surgery and recuperation in our home... I was ready to run away from home :crazy: !!

Thankfully, the grace of GOD got me through it all without pulling my hair out or abandoning my family ...

Praying the Lord will order your steps and give you the strength and wisdom - and JOY - to get through these challenging times, Hon.

Please keep in touch when you can and let us kno how everything's going for you !

LiC - kimB

kimBinAK
Mayor
kimBinAK
In response to AmyinFL

• AmyinFL Said:
  • mOm23girls Said:
  • AmyinFL Said:

Remember when they were wanting me to illegally doctor their books to get away with tax evasion? Well, they had been threatening to fire me ever since then because I refused. Now, with me being sick and had to be out, they kind of used that as an excuse to start looking for a replacement. I saw an ad for my job online and confronted them about it. They told me that they weren't sure if I was coming back or not after being in the hospital and that we really didn't see eye to eye on how the business should run (illegally in their eyes evidently), etc etc. So, I went in Monday night and got my things, left the ad on my desk with a note that I couldn't do it anymore and my keys. Now, I need to decide whether to report them to the IRS because they have been filing fake taxes for years and are hiring illegal aliens.

Oh my, Amy -- this sounds like something from a movie or novel! Praise GOD that you are now away from that difficult environment. Praying the Lord will show you what steps to take regarding the IRS. My first reaction would be to report them, but then if they found out, there might be repercussions. Also, it's important to be sure any reporting would be done for the right reasons (not to imply that you would do otherwise). Wait for His answer and direction - praying He will show you the way soon.

Keep us posted on how things are going, Hon --

LiC - kimB

AmyinFL
Idol
AmyinFL
In response to kimBinAK

Thanks Kim. That is why I am waiting until my head clears and I have had plenty of time to pray on it until I make my decisions. My Dh wanted me to report them right away. Actually, he wanted me to report them immediately when I found out and they threatened to fire me when I wouldn't doctor the books. I held off, because I am not one for confrontation. We will see which way the Lord leads me. I just hate to see people get away with illegal activity.

Happy Birthday Amparo!!!!!

Groovy Deborah
Diva
Groovy Deborah
In response to AmyinFL

Thanks so much for the prayers and uplifting words about my dental "issue". Would you believe I went there for my appointment and was told that I was supposed to be at another office? The lady left that part out when I made the appointment! So, I will be returning again! ERRRRR!!!

On another note, thanks for the wishes for my 14th anniversary Here's a picture of my hubby with me. Would love to hear your comments on this one.

God bless all of you for being who you are!
♥Deborah

You & Me
By Groovy Deborah

mOm23girls
Diva
mOm23girls

Kim~ I did not think you as being nosy one bit dont be silly girl!! Today I am very happy cause Lesseth is coming home so is hubby!! And its my b-day!!! the big 28!!!!

DeAnna...
Diva
DeAnna...

Happy Happy Birthday Amparo

I hope you have a blessed day with your family!!!

DeAnna

All Red...
Mayor
All Red...
In response to DeAnna...

hello ladies! I am here at my parents and we are having a wonderful time! Its nice and warm so and everything is blooming. I miss it here so much! You all have been busy wile I was driving, I will be praying for all the things mentioned.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY AMPARO!

DeAnna...
Diva
DeAnna...

Happy you got there safely Red and I hope you have a wonderful time!!!

DeAnna

Page 1 of 14 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics