Page 3 of 14 
Username Post: Faith*Scrappers - Closed and Active        (Topic#1458407)
mOm23girls
Diva
mOm23girls
In response to musica620

Thats good! We got home from chucky chesse a little while ago.

Do you have a theme for your cj?

musica620
Idol
musica620
In response to mOm23girls

It's going to be titled "In Case I forgot to Tell You". I'm thinking of having everyone talk about their faith experiences when they were becoming adults (18-20 yrs old). I want something my dd can read as she begins the transition to show her the different influences God can have and how he will help her through her life! I had many people placed in my path to guide me starting when I was 17.

mOm23girls
Diva
mOm23girls
In response to musica620

That sound like that will turn out beautiful! I am still debating on what mine will be. HAve you started on your yet? Have you been in a cj before?

musica620
Idol
musica620

I've been so wrapped up in Prom stuff that I opened it and set it aside! I'm hoping tomorrow I can sit down and work up my ideas! I've never done one before so I'm a little nervous! Have you?

mOm23girls
Diva
mOm23girls
In response to musica620

I am actually in one right now. A tiny bit diffrent tho. We bought our own albums (which was so so nice of DeAnna to buy them for us) other then that its pretty much the same thing. These are not going to be expensive to mail out at all.
My theme for the other one is "simple pleasures" I was so nervous at first but they are so much fun! It is a very good way to get to know the girls better. If you have any questions or doubts let me know I am gald to help:)

musica620
Idol
musica620

Thanks, I'm sure I'll have some. This cj will not only help us get to know each other, it's going to definitely make me examine my faith. I'm excited to start!

mOm23girls
Diva
mOm23girls
In response to musica620

Yes you are so right! That is what I was thinking.
I am so excited as well. I am having a hard time on my theme tho. I want it to be something that when I feel down I can open and it speaks to me. Does that make sense?

musica620
Idol
musica620

Yes, I like that idea!

mOm23girls
Diva
mOm23girls
In response to musica620

I will pray on it. I am going to bed now I am getting very sleepy. Hope you have a nice night.
it was nice chatting with you:)
~amparo

musica620
Idol
musica620

Thanks for helping me stay awake. Good night!

Rusha
Rusha 
Diva
Rusha
  • Rusha on 04-20-08 02:15 AM
In response to musica620

Hi Ladies!

I hope you have a lovely Sunday worshipping today. I am going to stay home in bed, I am feeling so sick right now. My hubby was sick all week and I think I have finally caught it. So he can take the kids to church and I will stay home and sleep.

kimBinAK
Mayor
kimBinAK
In response to musica620

Leaving for church in a minute, but here is my prayer journal -- all handmade.

Front cover -

Inside cover and first page -

Back cover -

The book is divided into 4 sections (dividers also covered chipboard) and tabbed - "Prayers," "Answered Prayers," "Scriptures" and "Hearing from GOD"

TFL - Blessings on your day !

LiC - kimB

FinallyMama
Queen
FinallyMama
In response to kimBinAK

Kim! I love the idea of dividing up the journal! I am definatly going to do that!!

AWSOME job on your journal! It is beautiful! LOVE the butterfly!

DeAnna...
Diva
DeAnna...
In response to FinallyMama

Beautiful job Kim!!! Spectacular!!!!!!
You ladies are so talented!!

DeAnna...
Diva
DeAnna...
In response to kileba14

I know a lot of us have never done Circle Journals and some of us have never used Chipboard albums and I have had a lot of questions about it. So I am posting a reply here to one of the questions.

• Quote:
I got my journal today, and i'm not understanding what's going on. i don't understand how to decorate this. i'm used to just using paper and sliding it into a sleeve. i've never done anything with chipboard mainly because i don't understand it. i don't understand what to do with the blank pages. well, i understand what i'm supposed to do, but i don't understand how to stick stuff to it...or am i supposed to replace the pages??

I use an acid free superstrength elmers glue stick to glue the paper that I want to use to the pages and you can use it on the cover as well. Or you can use modge podge on the cover and pages but use a very thin coat on the pages because you dont want them to warp and buckle or maybe you do. I wouldn't mind that because I like things to look old and used. then you start decorating it like you would a regular page. you just dont have sleeves. Did you look at mine in my album on here?
I used a variety of glues depending on what I was gluing. everything from glue sticks, zots to tacky glue and hot glue.
I know it's intimidating at first I was so shocked when I got my first one. I- was used to postbound top loading pages! and here this cardboard and paper thing was and what in the world could I do with it?
Take your time and play with it. if you don't like what you do you can always replace the pages. and start again.
Don't be afraid to experiment you will amaze yourself!!!! You are so creative!!-
and if you have a problem call me 580-309-0984
By the time we are done you will be a pro at chipboard albums and giving them away as gifts!!!

Hugs DeAnna

mOm23girls
Diva
mOm23girls
In response to DeAnna...

Kim your prayer journal is amazing!!! I need to work on mine. You have inspired me to work on mine hopefully tonite!!

Hello girls!!

I know the whole CJ might be a little intimidating at first but its alot easier then it sounds trust me.. THey are so much fun and a waonderful way to getting to know eachother. Hope you all have a wonderful sunday!

Hugs

FinallyMama
Queen
FinallyMama

Hi everyone! How was your day?? Our is going ok. Tim left this afternoon to attend a Pastors and Elders confrence in Chicago. He will be gone until Wed. I miss him already! Vashti said to him yesterday," I don't want you to be gone that long!" He told her we did it for 18 months so this will be like nothing in compareson. (He was in Iraq) I suppose in that regaurd 3 days isn't too bad. Vashti is going to 5th grade camp for school this week. I take her wed. morning and she doesn't come home until friday afternoon. I WAY miss her already! She's only spent a couple nights away from home and never 2 together. It maybe a long week for this mama!

Rusha~Feel better honey! It's hard being sick when your the mom!!

DeAnna...
Diva
DeAnna...
In response to Rusha

• Rusha Said:
Hi Ladies!

I hope you have a lovely Sunday worshipping today. I am going to stay home in bed, I am feeling so sick right now. My hubby was sick all week and I think I have finally caught it. So he can take the kids to church and I will stay home and sleep.

I am so sorry your feeling bad hon. Wish there was something I could do for you but I will keep praying that you are over it quickly!!!

And every once in a while it's good for the family to have to wait on mom for a change

Shari82199
Diva
Shari82199
In response to DeAnna...

Good morning (since it is almost 2am) and Good night. Have been busy helping get everything together for our Kid's choir performance next Sunday. Phew, I think I've gone through over 400 pictures tonight.

I pray everyone has a wonderful Monday!!

Rusha
Rusha 
Diva
Rusha
  • Rusha on 04-21-08 02:53 AM
In response to Shari82199

Well, I am starting to feel a bit better. My friend is going to pick up the boys and take them to playgroup for me this morning so I can rest, then drop them off home this afternoon. I am so glad for the rest, I mostly just feel exhausted.

And I am still waiting for my period... I hope it comes soon! I love babies, but this close together would be scary.

mOm23girls
Diva
mOm23girls

• FinallyMama Said:
Hi everyone! How was your day?? Our is going ok. Tim left this afternoon to attend a Pastors and Elders confrence in Chicago. He will be gone until Wed. I miss him already! Vashti said to him yesterday," I don't want you to be gone that long!" He told her we did it for 18 months so this will be like nothing in compareson. (He was in Iraq) I suppose in that regaurd 3 days isn't too bad. Vashti is going to 5th grade camp for school this week. I take her wed. morning and she doesn't come home until friday afternoon. I WAY miss her already! She's only spent a couple nights away from home and never 2 together. It maybe a long week for this mama!

Melody~ I unterstand how you feel! Lesseth just went to science camp a week ago. I thought ok she's 12 I want her to have this fun alone. Little did I know I was crying the first night she was gone. It will be ok tho you WILL miss her but for me it just made me love and appriciate her more. I knew she was going to have alot of fun so that helped me as well.
Also as for hubby I also know what you feel. Mine just left for the week. He will not be back till friday. Monday he's gone again...its so hard on the girls I miss him alot too. But it has also made me appriciate what I have. There are so many single mothers out there and I admire them very much its such a hard job. I have the peace of mind that when Luis gets home he takes over. Also this job he is working on will be completed in a little over a month, I am praying.

Hope you ladies have a blessed week! I will peek in later!

FinallyMama
Queen
FinallyMama

Morning ladies!
Rusha I'm glad your feeling a bit better. Rest when you can. Fingers crossed on the whole . thing. God works in mysteries ways. How old is your baby??
Amparo, thanks so much for your kind words. After last night and this morning, I may actually not miss her at all!! BOY is she being a brat! As soon as Tim left she started being so mean and nasty!! She has such a horrible mouth sometimes. I don't know where she gets it! I swear that Tim and I would NEVER talk to each other or to her the way she talks and goes off! It's quite sad and makes me feel like I've failed. All, in all, I know I will miss her...mouth and all!
I have a Dr. appointment today. Please pray that I can convince him to change my med. I was on the same medicine, same dose, for 9 years. He changed it 2-3 months ago and I HATE it. I asked him to change it back last month and he said no. Well, today if he says no, I will have to find a new dr. because this one is NOT working! I am so misrable! Maybe the old one didn't work as good as when I first went on it but I wan't misrable everyday when I took it. This one is horrid. I can't sleep, I sweat like a big ole work man, wake up in a puddle of sweat, and I seem to cry nearly everyday! Definatly this med has to go! So please pray that I don't have to argue with the dr or have to find a new one. Thanks. Sorry I rambled!
I hope everyone has a fantastic day!!

Edited by FinallyMama on 04-21-08 04:25 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

kileba14
Veteran
kileba14

HI GIRLS! THANKS FOR YOUR PRAYERS - I APPRECIATE IT!!

AMY - YOU'LL BE IN MY PRAYERS. I SUFFERED FROM A FORM OF ED FOR YEARS AND I FLUCTUATED BETWEEN CHRONIC DEPRESSION & BIPOLAR DISORDER, SO I CAN RELATE A LITTLE BIT. IT'S SUCH AN AWFUL THING TO GO THROUGH, AND MY HEART GOES OUT TO YOU.

RUSHA - I HOPE YOU'RE FEELING BETTER! WAS IT A SNIFFLY BUG OR A STOMACH BUG? BOTH HAVE BEEN SPREADING THROUGH THIS AREA LIKE WILDFIRE...

MELODY - I'LL BE PRAYING FOR YOUR MEDICINE STRUGGLE! IT'S SO HARD WHEN SOMETHING THAT WORKS MAKES A MILLION OTHER THINGS GO WRONG. I'LL PRAY FOR YOU TO FIND WHAT'S RIGHT FOR YOU, AND THAT THE FRUSTRATION LEVEL WILL STAY AT A MINIMUM DURING THE SEARCH.

I'M SORRY ABOUT THE ALL-CAPS HERE, BUT I DIDN'T REALIZE IT UNTIL NOW, AND I'M NOT GOING BACK AND RE-TYPING EVERYTHING. JUST DIDN'T WANT EVERYBODY TO THINK I WAS SHOUTING!

HOPE YOU ALL HAVE A WONDERFUL MONDAY!!

Rusha
Rusha 
Diva
Rusha
  • Rusha on 04-21-08 07:36 AM
In response to kileba14

Phew! Thanks, ladies. I am feeling a lot better now. I don't usually get sick, I have a great immune system. I was never sick with my pregnancies at ALL, not for one day. But when I do get sick, I go down hard. I am feeling SO much better right now. Just a little tired from it all! My boys are back home now, one son is 2 and the other is just about 5 months old.

So I don't get to scrapbook as much as I would like!!

mOm23girls
Diva
mOm23girls
In response to Rusha

Melodey~ I hope your docter understands and changes your meds:) I will be praying for you.

Rusha~ Glad you are feeling better! You are very blessed to have a strong immune systme. I get sick ALL THE TIME!

Hope your week is off to a great start ladies!

My sister lives 2 hours away she is comong for a visit today, I am very excited!! I miss her:)

Good day ladies!!

FinallyMama
Queen
FinallyMama

Thanks so much for your prayers girls! They worked!! It was such a blessing just to say, I'm not taking this pill any more and him saying ok...lets see what we can try that may work better!! Praise the Lord. So he put me on a newer/updated version of my old med! I have great hope that this is going to be fab!! (I thought that about the last one too... )

Rusha~I am so glad you're feeling better! You have little babies! I miss little babies! I bet they keep you busy!! I don't miss that part! *L*

Ampro~how wonderful you get to spend the day with your sister! That's great! Enjoy your time together!

Everone~have a great week! And thanks again for the prayers!

FinallyMama
Queen
FinallyMama

DeAnna~I just got my mail and guess what was in there?? I fab package from you! Thank you so much for the CJ album! The only problem is now I have to decied on a theme....Dear me....I was hoping a few of you would post what your theme was going to be to give me a few hints. Now I'm on my own! *L* That's scarey! *L* Could the theme be based on a passage of scripture that eveyone just gives there take on or how it applies to them or take out a single verse and use it??? Or should it be a REAL theme?? OK...Look...I rambled again! I will try to stop doing this! Thanks again DeAnna!

mOm23girls
Diva
mOm23girls

Ladies I am having such a hard time with the theme for my cj

Rusha
Rusha 
Diva
Rusha
  • Rusha on 04-21-08 01:54 PM

I am too, I am no help! I had a good idea but then I think someone else said they were doing it....so I don't know what to do now!!

Rusha
Rusha 
Diva
Rusha
  • Rusha on 04-21-08 02:39 PM
In response to Rusha

Ladies, I have a quick prayer request. I am in need of some summer boy clothes for my two sons. I have a 5 month old baby (will be 6-9 months this summer) and a 2.5 year old toddler. I didn't realize I had given away most of my baby boy clothes to a family that lost their home in a fire last year and my older son just went through a growth spurt. I was going to go and buy some at the thrift store, but my hubby just came home with 5 days unpaid suspension (he is a nurse) for a situation at work that was out of his control but his boss punished him and his coworker anyway. So we don't have the money to buy them clothes and it is getting warmer and warmer. Please pray that we would be able to afford some clothes for them or that they would providentially appear on our doorstep (hey, you never know!)

mOm23girls
Diva
mOm23girls
In response to Rusha

Rusha~ God knows what you need and he will always provide. There were so many times that we were in similar situations as you are right now and I would not doubt it one bit that clothes will be in your doorstep. Litteraly. Once we had no way on paying our rent our car payment was past due they were threating us that they were going to repo our car. Our landlord had given us a 3 day notice to pay rent or quit. We were praying I was crying and Luis told me have faith and you will see how GOd works. Well I was doubting and I answered him is GOd going to put a check in our mailbox??? Luis said it all depends of your faith. Guess what, I believe GOD saw Luis' faith and the next day when the postman came there was a check from the IRS for 75 bucks over our rent and car payment so we paid our bills and had enough to buy some food. After that I will NEVER doubt our LORD he knows what we need.

I will pray for you and your family:) When this is resolved please don't forget to give us a praise report:)

mOm23girls
Diva
mOm23girls

Here is what I was up to last week when
I had no internet.

THe big Kid ( right side)
By MOm23girls

Pinata time!! (left side)
By MOm23girls

Edited by mOm23girls on 04-21-08 06:33 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

mOm23girls
Diva
mOm23girls

RIght side
By MOm23girls

Left side
By MOm23girls

Edited by mOm23girls on 04-21-08 06:34 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

mOm23girls
Diva
mOm23girls

Here is another

Melissa and Lesseth
By MOm23girls

mOm23girls
Diva
mOm23girls

And another.

Sisters
By MOm23girls

mOm23girls
Diva
mOm23girls

promise this is the last one!

When you were little..
By MOm23girls

Shari82199
Diva
Shari82199

WOW!! Amparo, you were busy. I wish I could say I've been doing that, but I've had so much other stuff going on.

Now I have to start thinking of my oldest's 6th b-day. She wants me to bring a snack in for school and then her party is just three days after. Uh, she's going to give me a heart attack with all the baking.

My parents, sister and nephew are coming this weekend to see my oldest in her Jr Choir program. So I have lots of cleaning to do this week. YUCK!! That is the one thins I lack in as a housewife and mother. Cleaning. I hate it. I've been trying to have a better attitude about it but I'm so far behind right now it's really hard. Oh well.

Off to bed so I can get up tomorrow and do more!! YEAH!!

musica620
Idol
musica620

Rusha-I'll be praying for you, I'm glad you're feeling better.

mOm23girls
Diva
mOm23girls
In response to musica620

Here is another girls I am on a roll YEAH!!

D & K
By MOm23girls

Shari82199
Diva
Shari82199

Good morning ladies!!

DeAnna...
Diva
DeAnna...

Morning everyone
Hope you have a blessed day.

FinallyMama
Queen
FinallyMama
In response to DeAnna...

Great LO's! You've gotten alot done!
I hate cleaning too! My house needs a REALLY good cleaning too! I want to do it, but...what's that verse, "The spirit is willing but the flesh is weak." Yep, that would be me! I hope everyone has a great day!

mOm23girls
Diva
mOm23girls

Good morning ladies! Hope you all have a wonderful day!

Got tons of things to do today! I will check in later!

kimBinAK
Mayor
kimBinAK
In response to Rusha

No time to catch up right now, but wanted to say HI! and all is well here - just busy.

I will do my best to read the posts I've missed and respond, as well.

Love and Blessings to you all - kimB

FinallyMama
Queen
FinallyMama
In response to kimBinAK

I just posted some LO's in my gallery if you would like to see them. TFL!

kileba14
Veteran
kileba14

rusha - i'll be praying for you! God will provide for everything you need, and it'll be so amazing!

amparo - you were quite a busy girl!! your layouts are awesome though! i especially love that last one with the scalloped edge & the purple...so pretty!! i don't know why, but for some reason i NEVER use purple when i scrap...weird! but anyway, seriously, great layouts!

shari - good luck with your cleaning...YUCK! i have a horrible attitude with cleaning as well. my husband is a neat freak and prefers to handle the dusting/sweeping/dishes/l aundry himself... perhaps i'm a LITTLE bit spoiled... but if it weren't for him, i doubt it would get done!!

melody - your new layouts are cute! are those little mugs stickers??

so how long do we have with our cj's until we have to send them along to the next person? it may take me until the last minute just to pick out a theme!!

it's SO pretty here! my husband & i went for a lovely 2 mile walk along the water (we live right where the Susquehanna River comes together) and it was so nice to be outside with the breeze and, so far, no bugs!!
hope you all are having a FANTASTIC day!! happy earth day!

All Red...
Mayor
All Red...
In response to kileba14

Good Afternoom LAdies! I am sorry I have been MIA. Iwas so busy redecorating my mothers house and playing that I didn't have time to keep up much onlime. I will have to go back and read what you all have been up to!
I drove home yesterday and so today have been bust unpacking, grocery shopping, going through the mail, weeding some in the yard, and everything else that need to be done.
On top of that I am participating in the neighborhood yard sale on Saturday so I need to get busy pricing everything. There is so mucht his year as I am selling all the baby things. Kinda sas and happy together! My Gwen is almost 2!
Anyway I am going a little crazy here, nothing new but I would much rather be outside that stuck in the basement with my piles. LOL! I forsee a lot of late nights with Diet Coke for company.
If you could be praying that it does not rain and that we would have lots of people through for the sale. I don't want to bring anything home!

I have been praying for everyone just not with our specific requests since I haven't been keeping up! I will fix that soon.

Deanna I got my CJ today, now I actually have to think about a theme admist all the chaos!

Off to make dinner.

mOm23girls
Diva
mOm23girls
In response to All Red...

HEy Kim! THanks gald you liked my Lo's. I dont think I have ever used purple either but since my niece was wearing this beautiful purple top I thought it would go perfecT! Glad to see you are back!

Red~ You have been busy thats nice of you to help your mom. I do ALL my moms decorating too! I always wonder why her house looks better then mine and I do all her decorating??? LOL!

Hey girls, question I am helping my sister with my nieces baby shower do any of you have some fun games I love the silly ones that will have everyone craking up!! Any ones you all have played?

irenie
irenie 
Guru
irenie

Hi Ladies- been MIA again...I'm so behind in comments. I've been thinking about you all and keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. It's been so hard to find time to get on the computer lately. I've been babysitting my 2 grandkids- and all I seem to do is run in circles during the day and when they go home I crash- and mentally can't seem to even focus! The last 3 days I have been staying with my mil. She had a bad fall- fortunately she did'nt hurt herself- just some bruises. Now she can hardly get around and is very unstable. She is 95 and seems to be going down hill quickly. She is in a assited living retirement home- but at this point in time I feel she will have to be put in a nursing home. I feel so helpless- all I can do is be there for her. Up until a year ago she was still very active- now she has lost her hearing and can't even read anymore. Please keep her in your prayers.

DeAnna- I got my CJ! I had'nt checked my mail in a few days. As for the theme- well I've got a couple of ideas just have to make up my mind.
Amparo- love all your lo's- going to check out your gallery in a bit.
Rusha- Glad you are feeling better- and I will keep you in my prayers that God will supply all your needs.
Melody- So glad your Dr. listened to you- and hoping your new meds will be perfect for you.
Shari- I'm with you. I would rather be doing anything but cleaning.lol It seemed like the only time mine was immaculate was when I had company coming. Now...I don't worry about it!
Kim- So glad you're enjoying your weather. Right now mine in Calif has been windy and cold! Crazy year!
Red- Good luck with your yard sale- yea... the worst part is when you have to bring it back in..hopefully you will sell alot!
KimB- Thanks so much for the photo editing info- I use Picassa- but will check the other site out. Love your prayer journal-too!

Wow- this is long! I am really going to try to keep up and comment everyday! Have a wonerful evening everyone.

Groovy Deborah
Diva
Groovy Deborah

Can I say how happy I am today? I got news over the weekend that my dd was accepted to the National Junior Honor Society. She has kept up her straight A honor roll all year and I am one happy momma

Smiling from ear-to-ear and had to share with my friends, Deborah

DeAnna...
Diva
DeAnna...
In response to Groovy Deborah

Good evening everyone!
I have been MIA all day today helping a friend with her new house and you have no idea how much I have missed being able to check in with you guys during the day!

Deborah!!! How absolutely awesome is that!!!!! I would be over the moon!!!! High five her for me!!
I am thrilled to death for you!!!

DeAnna

mOm23girls
Diva
mOm23girls
In response to DeAnna...

Irene~ I will be praying for your mother in law. Where is she staying? Do you have any other family to help you with her? Or just to spend time with her? You can't do ot alone. I can go visit her sometime if you would like just to keep her company, play a game or read to her. I really dont mind. I could leave my girls with my mom for a little while a few times a week. Let me know if there is ANYTHING i can do. I will add her to my prayers and keep you in them:)

Rusha
Rusha 
Diva
Rusha
  • Rusha on 04-23-08 01:39 AM

Adding all these to my prayers! Still feeling down and out with this cold so I might not be around as much today. Have a good day ladies! xoxo

Shari82199
Diva
Shari82199
In response to Rusha

Good morning girls. More cleaning for me today. I didn't get anything done yesterday. Oh well. We have days like that.

FinallyMama
Queen
FinallyMama

Morning ladies. Well I just dropped Vashti off at camp. I sang the "I'm a big girl now" song all the way home. She barely said good-bye! She was so excited! I'm proud of her. I would have been crying the whole time when I was her age. I don't like to be away from home! I prayed for awhile last night that He would keep her safe and help her not to be afraid and all that so I know she is in good hands! And, so am I!

I think I may have come up with a theme for my CJ. So far I have had 2 idea's and they are about as different as night and day! Anyone else have any luck coming up with a theme??

Thank you for all the notes on my LO's. It's very sweet of you!

Irenie~I added your MIL to my prayer list! 95 is a great a age. Think of all the things that she has seen! Phones, electronics, ect. Blows my mind!

Amparo~What a sweet friend you are offering to help out! I am sure you will be blessed for your kindness.

Deb~CONGRATS for your daughter's fantastic achivement!! That is FABULOUS! I'd be super proud as her mom too!!

I hope everyone has a fantastic day!! Enjoy the Sonshine!

mOm23girls
Diva
mOm23girls

Hello ladies:) Hope you all have a wonderful and productive day! I will check in later:)

Shari82199
Diva
Shari82199

Well, I got part of my kitchen cleaned and some laundry. Now I just have to get the laundry put away and clean up my scrap space. That's the "other" part of the kitchen that needs to be done. I think I'll leave the floor for Friday right before my parents come. Then it will really be clean. Then maybe my DH will do it too!!

Hopefully I can get some more done today. It's hard when the little ones are around. Going to try to get the rest done while they are sleeping. Would love to make some cookies too!! YUMMY!!

I've got one that just learned to ride her bike with no training wheels and my youngest (Ali) is just about there. They don't want to spend any time inside now. Oh well, I guess I get to enjoy the beautiful sunshine and weather we are being blessed with.

And then there is this crazy machine that sucks me in and I don't feel like doing anything else.

Edited by Shari82199 on 04-23-08 09:13 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

AmyinFL
Idol
AmyinFL

Good afternoon ladies. Prayers to everyone. I see that many are in need.

mOm23girls
Diva
mOm23girls
In response to AmyinFL

Hey AMy how are you today?

AmyinFL
Idol
AmyinFL

Hungry! LOL! And sleepy! I got no sleep last night. I am patiently waiting on my sleep specialist referral to get approved through my insurance.

mOm23girls
Diva
mOm23girls
In response to AmyinFL

Insomnia is not a easy thing to deal with. I hope the referral gets aproved soon. I also am hungry!! I have not ate all day. I dont know why now my head is starting to hurt.
Are you able to take a nap during the day?

DeAnna...
Diva
DeAnna...

Wow so many prayers are needed! Isn't God good that he knows the desires of our hearts before we even ask?

On the circle journal, you have one month from today to do your pages and send it on. And remember the sooner you get each one done and sent on the sooner we all get our s back

hugs to all
DeAnna

DeAnna...
Diva
DeAnna...
In response to DeAnna...

Ok I guess everyone who is going to vote has voted. (and I'm not saying shame on you 3 that didn't vote *ahem*) LOL! Just teasing.

OUR WINNER IS....... IRENIE!!!!!!!!
Congratulations!!!!!!

I will be sending out your RAK at the end of the week.

Now you know what that means Irene?????
Yep you have to pic the topic for the next challenge that will start May 1st!
So get to thinking girl!

mOm23girls
Diva
mOm23girls
In response to DeAnna...

Good morning ladies! Need your opinions here.

This is something that might not be such a big deal but I have lost sleep over it. I feel really bad and even embaressed this happened.

I was working "part-time" at a store that I LOVE to shop at. I was hired there for the holidays and made some extra cash for gifts. After the holidays it slowed down ALOT, THen they called me back when it was valentines day. I was getting if I was lucky 8 hours a week only about twice I got 12. Here is the deal I statred to notice they onnly called me in at the last minute when people would call in sick. I was getting mad about that but at times I came in anyway. THis one week I was not scheduled but for ONE 4 hour shift. The next sunday my boss called me and I said I was not able to work that day sorry. He was MAD. I had family over and was nota bout to drop them to go work for 4 hours. ANyhow at this point I am so MAD!!!! I never called back to check my schedue and I was shecduled for that monday and for that wed. I did not show or called. Now I have been feeling so bad about it. It has been about three weeks should I call and say something?? I want to continue to shop there but I am embaressed to go in I dont want to be put on the spot. I know what I did was wrong but do you think there is anyway I can fix it???

FinallyMama
Queen
FinallyMama

Hi Ladies! I have to say I'm a little over the edge with this CJ topic. It's all I can think about! (Which is sorta good! I need a break from thinking about the other stuff in my brain!)
Anyway...I noticed no one else has posted their theme but I would really like your input for mine since we will all be working on it together! I have come up with 3 ideas. Please tell me which one you like or think is 'do-able.'
1. The Virtuous women Based on Proverbs 31:10-31
I thought we could do something from those verses that represent or speaks to us. Or something like that.
2. "SMILE" "A cheerful heart is good medician but a broken spirit dries up the bone." Proverbs 17:22
"Therefore, encourage one another and lift each other up..." 1 Thess. 5:11
This one is my favorite but I'm having a hard time putting a LO togther in my mind for MY first 2 pages, so I'm thinking it might be a hard one. What do you think??
3. "God in nature" “Look at the lilies and how they grow. They don’t work or make their clothing, yet Solomon in all his glory was not dressed as beautifully as they are. And if God cares so wonderfully for flowers that are here today and thrown into the fire tomorrow, he will certainly care for you. Why do you have so little faith? Luke 12:27-28
I just thought we could do Lo's of nature and how God speaks to us in/through it. This one I think would be the easist.
I would like to end up with a book that helps me get to know each of you better and is also a pick-me-up when I need encouraged. KWIM?
Thanks in advance for your thoughts and idea's. If you think none of these are good...just say so. I can take it!

FinallyMama
Queen
FinallyMama

Oh... and CONGRATULAIONS Irenie!! Awsome LO!!

AmyinFL
Idol
AmyinFL

Hi Melody. I am doing the number 3 one, so I know that one would be pretty easy. I love nature and all of its beauty. I am wanting people to use a photo in their LO of nature someway, and tell how it speaks to them, and maybe put their favorite scripture, hymn or even contemporary Christian song. There are some things I see and I start singing... How Great Is Our God and I have it in my head all day long.

On the other hand, I really like your option number 2 because of its uniqueness. It would be a challenge, but well worth it.

AmyinFL
Idol
AmyinFL
In response to AmyinFL

Amparo - I do think you should maybe call them and explain how frustrated you were about how you were treated when you could not come in last minute. That you understand that you could have handled things after that differently and apologize. See where that leads, maybe you will get an apology as well. Make sure you pray before you pick up the phone. I am sure that a sense of relief will come over you.

Many prayers my friend.

mOm23girls
Diva
mOm23girls
In response to AmyinFL

You are so right AMy thanks! It sure has been bugging me cause I know that I should have handled this is a diffrent way. I feel so bad about that.

FinallyMama
Queen
FinallyMama

Thanks for the input Amy. I see things too and start singing. I have an idea for your CJ now! If I go with that theme for mine I have the LO in mind for it too!

Amparo~ Calling sounds good, but I'm not good when I talk. I am definatly a Moses! Maybe an email would work too. Then you don't feel so on the spot and can double check your words before sending. (I should do that more often! I'm REALLY good at opening my mouth and inserting my foot!!) Just a thought. However if you're an Aaron, and good with words, calling would be best. I'll pray for you that it goes well!

DeAnna...
Diva
DeAnna...

Good afternoon everyone.
Some of the ladies have talked about there theme farther back in the thread. Kim said she was doing hers on how God speakes to you. Amy on God's beauty in nature and there were a few others. I am trying to keep mine a secret and when you see it you will understand why.
Melody I think all of your ideas are awesome and if I had a daUGHTER I would be using your proverbs 31. I think that is an awesome idea.
Just remember you have a month. Let God speak to your heart.
Amparo definately call them. It's not aboput them it's about you. You need to forgive yourself for acting as you did and the only way to do that is to apologize or you will never feel right about going back in there.
I have found that when I am holding hard feelings about someone if I go to them and apologize to them, regardless of what they have done to me, I come away with a lighter heart. They have to deal with what they may or may not have done, I don't. And I know that I have done what God wants me to do.
That's my two cents

Hope you ladies are having a great day
DeAnna

FinallyMama
Queen
FinallyMama
In response to DeAnna...

Thanks for the input DeAnna! Prov 31 was my sisters idea. I really think it could turn out intresting! I have to tell you...a VERY dear friend of ours, sent Vashti a book based on Prov. 31 but relating on a little girls level...It is AWSOME!! I fell in love with it right out the gate and decieded to do a scrapbook on it for Vashti. It is my most favorite book I've ever made! I will have to post pixs of it sometime! Just because I think it turned out so good. Vashti just loves it and I think it helps her put things back in place in her mind from time to time! there I go again....rambling....sorry.

irenie
irenie 
Guru
irenie

Thanks Melody for the congrats- I'm excited to put next months challenge together.
Amparo I agree you should call asap. Your concience is bothering you and knowing what a sweet person you are you won't feel better until your clear things up. Just be honest about your feelings. I have a hard time using the correct words- but I prefer speaking face to face in a situation like this. Will keep you in my prayers today.
I think I'm going to do my theme on- "How Great Thou Art"- daily reminders- reflecting on God's blessings in our hectic/stressful lives. I think this would be encouraging and uplifting.
Melody- I like the Proberbs 31 idea also. Can't wait to see everyones.
Hope evryone is having a wonderful day.

Edited by irenie on 04-24-08 09:56 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

mOm23girls
Diva
mOm23girls
In response to irenie

Girls thanks so much for your prayers. I am going to give them a call cause I will not feel right till I do it is bugging me so much! I am not that great with words but I will pray that GOD helps me say the right thing. I have started to dail them like three times and I hang up. I did this too when I was a kid I was always afriad to ask my parents something the smallest thing. I would go to their door after practicing a million times what I was going to say. Then when I was there I would not knock on the door. I wonder why I have had this problem. Now as a adult it bothers me SO much. Thanks for hearing me out girls. I know I can count on you for great advice. Glad I have found you girls:)

Shari82199
Diva
Shari82199

I think I menetioned my CJ thoughts on the pm's.

I was thinking of Wisdom in Worship (favorite worship song) or Proverbs 31 (advice for my daughters to be a Godly women growing up).

Amparo, I agree with Amy. I never think of the best things to say until after a situation. I think calling is best. What you say can be taken out of context in an email if not stated very carefully. Just my thoughts.

FinallyMama
Queen
FinallyMama

Shari~Love the idea of the favorite worship song!!

Just thought I'd let you know I decied to go a whole other way with my CJ. It was the first thing I thought of when DeAnna told me about this, but wasn't sure how to go about it....but I've been inspired! Thanks for the input on the other idea's.

mOm23girls
Diva
mOm23girls

So I prayed before I called ( I know its not such a big deal but I feel so bad about it) The person I needed to talk to was not there so I decided to email one of the managers I worked with. She emailed me back fast. She told me in the email that they were completly over it and they really just wanted me back! I told her that right now I am really just wanting to be home with my girls. She said that she would write a letter of recomendation of I ever neeeded any refrences to dont hesitat to call her. I feel so much better after this now I will be able to sleep! Thanks so much ladies for all your support.

AmyinFL
Idol
AmyinFL

Amparo, awesome. Don't you feel so much better? Praise be to God for letting you get this off your chest! He is good, all the time!

FinallyMama
Queen
FinallyMama
In response to AmyinFL

Oh Honey I'm so happy for you!! What a relief, huh! Sleep tight!!

DeAnna...
Diva
DeAnna...

Amparo I am so proud and happy for you!!!!

Irenie, Do we get a hint?? Just kidding don
t want to know until you post

I had a rough day today. Good day really but I had a complete hysterectomy a few years ago and they have never gotten my hormones right and these hot flashes are doing me in!!! I carry around my own personal summer
I don't sleep much at night because of them so I am always tired. Hoping I can get some sleep tonight.

Hope you each have a wonderful day tomorrow.
DeAnna

mOm23girls
Diva
mOm23girls
In response to DeAnna...

Thanks! Yes God is good, All the time God is good.

Hope you girls have a wonderful night! Sleep tight!

Rusha
Rusha 
Diva
Rusha
  • Rusha on 04-25-08 05:12 AM
In response to DeAnna...

Amparo, so glad things worked out for you. I know how it feels to want to rectify things and not being able to be settled until you do. So glad you are feeling better about it, and now you will be able to shop there again!

Irenie, congratulations! I loved your layout. Can't wait to see what you pick for next month's challenge!

DeAnna, that must be hard to live with neverending hot flashes. I hope things get straightened out soon so you can be comfortable again.

Well I am FINALLY feeling better. I am still a little stuffed up but it is nothing compared to how I have been feeling this past week! I am so glad I am starting to feel better. I feel so much better I might think about taking the boys to the library this afternoon if the rain holds off. Then maybe I can stop by the craft store and pick up some mod podge, so I can start working on my journal!!

FinallyMama
Queen
FinallyMama
In response to Rusha

Good morning Ladies!! My baby is coming home today!! I'm so excited!! I just can't wait!!

A bit of a prayer request...Tim has an appointment at the VA center today. (he was dignosed with PTSD in December) I think they are good for him except he has a few rough days afterwards from talking about the war and about the things that happened. So if you think about it for the the next couple of days, please say a little prayer for him. I have to say he is doing SO much better then he was even a month or 2 ago so I know God hears our prayers!!

DeAnna~Girl I feel your pain! Hot flashes was the thing I hated most about the last meds I was on!! I need to have the complete hysterctmy myself but I'm a big ole scaredy cat! Every year I say this year I'm going to do it and get it over, but then I don't. I'm also afraid that things-like hot flashes-will get worse after the surgery!! I'll say a prayer for you honey!

Rusha~I'm so glad you're feeling better!! I've missed seeing you post!! I hope your day turns out great!!

mOm23girls
Diva
mOm23girls

Rusha~ So happy to hear you are feeling better:)

Melody~ I am so excited for you!! How old is your baby? I will be thinking about your hubby and praying for him. I know GOD will help him throught this you'll see.

Hope you ladies have a wonderful weekend. We should have fun, we are going out of town to my sisters for my niece kymberly's baby shower. We are so excited! WE are having about 75 people!!!
I will make sure to take plenty of pictures to share with you guys. I will check in on you when I get back. You are all in my prayers,
Amparo

irenie
irenie 
Guru
irenie

Good morning everyone- dgd is watching a movie so I get a few minutes!yea! Want to scrap but will wait until tomorrow.
Ampapro- So glad you worked out your problem- and it was'nt as bad as you thought- and now you can not worry anymore. Sounds like you have a big family- enjoy yourself!

Rusha- so glad you're feeling better- it's hard being sick when you have a family to take care of.

DeAnna- You poor thing! That can be so miserable. I've already been through it and so glad it's over!!! I hated to see summer come-it made it so much worse. I would break out in a sweat with the slightest little bit physical exertion!!! Needless to say if I did'nt do my housework early morning or late at night- it did'nt get done! Have you tried any of the natural remedies? They seemed to help me along with Soy products. Take care and try to stay cool!

Melody- so glad your husband is doing better. I saw something on the news about the large number of soldiers that are now suffering major depression. Will keep him in my prayers.

I've started my CJ cover- I wan't to finish it and put on the embellies- but won't- I don't think it would be wise til I get it back.
As for the challenge--- all I can say is it will give you many options and should be very easy to do. I hope to get mine done by the 1st!

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend! My son's 25th BD is Sunday. I get to go out to dinner with them...So excited...I don't get to Dine out much!

Edited by irenie on 04-25-08 08:41 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

kimBinAK
Mayor
kimBinAK
In response to AmyinFL

Just checking in -- Hubby is on his way home from Montana (2 days early) and I have to finish up some household tasks I'd planned to do while he was gone...

Have been super-busy all week, so haven't been on the computer much at all. Will try to catch up with the posts when I can.

Hope everyone is doing well !

LiC - kimB

FinallyMama
Queen
FinallyMama
In response to kimBinAK

Good night ladies! I hope everyone has a fabulous weekend!

DeAnna...
Diva
DeAnna...

Afternoon everyone. It's a quiet weekend
I have a birthday dinner to go to this evening and wanted to wish you all wonderful evening before I leave.
My thoughts are with you all
DeAnna

irenie
irenie 
Guru
irenie
In response to DeAnna...

JCI- it is quiet here- hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend!

Shari82199
Diva
Shari82199
In response to irenie

JCI

Enjoying our company and awaiting our service tomorrow. My oldest is in her first Jr Choir and their performance is tomorrow. Can't wait to see it all put together!!

kileba14
Veteran
kileba14

good morning ladies! hope you have a blessed Sunday!

FinallyMama
Queen
FinallyMama
In response to kileba14

Afternoon ladies! I just got home from church and am starting Lunch! It's so nice and springy today that I'm makeing Bacon, Tomatoe and egg sandwiches. Yummy!!
Church was great!! I came up with another CJ idea from the sermon. "Houshold of Faith." It would have been easy because we'd just be scrapping our families and a verse that relates to us. It would be a cool way of getting to know you gals! If I hadn't already started mine, I might have given it more consideration. Anyway...
The race will be coming on in a bit and I plan to finish up the 'begining' part of my CJ. Then I will just need to do my LO and I'll be ready to roll!
I hope everyone has a FABULOUS Sunday!

Rusha
Rusha 
Diva
Rusha
  • Rusha on 04-27-08 02:12 PM

That is a great idea! I am trying to find mod podge, I cannot find it ANYWHERE and I really want to get my CJ done!

FinallyMama
Queen
FinallyMama
In response to Rusha

I finished all but the first LO of my CJ. Is it OK?? The cover:
Faith Scrappers CJ By FinallyMama

The first page:

My intro/instructions and sign in sheet.

irenie
irenie 
Guru
irenie

JCI- hope everyone is having a great weekend.
Melody that is a great suggestion. I thought I had made up my mind on a theme- but I keep changing it know. I got as far as gluing paper on the cover- yeah!
Rusha- WalMart has it- and any craft store should carry it. Are there WalMarts in Canada?
Melody- your journal is just beautiful! Love the colors- and the ribbon trim. I'm going to get a closer look in your gallery.

Have a great night everyone!

Shari82199
Diva
Shari82199
In response to irenie

I need to start mine. Still haven't solidified my topic. I'll probably just go with what I've mentioned.

Hopefully I can work on it tomorrow. My younget has been sick and is finally feeling better. She'll probably still need a nap tomorrow though.

We had an awesome program today. I'll have to post some pics later.

kileba14
Veteran
kileba14

Hi girls!

I wanted to let everyone know that I will be taking a short break from the group, and also ask for your prayers. Some of you know that my husband is laid off, and that my employer has not only had some major lay-offs but has also cut our hours back considerably - and warned us that more lay-offs are coming. To prepare for the worst-case scenario of us both being laid off, we're making some financial cuts anywhere we can in order to save up some extra $moolah$ in the hopes that we won't have to dip into our savings accounts. A few of our cuts include scrapbook shopping and our internet. Obviously, if I'm not able to get supplies or access the web, I won't be very useful to the group! We really aren't worried about losing jobs or anything else for that matter because it's all external and doesn't really matter that much, but we thought it'd be foolish to not prepare ahead if we're fully capable of it now. Hopefully we'll be ants instead of grasshoppers For now, I'll check in when I can (I'll be online at the library or at friends' houses), but it probably won't be very often. Until then, I won't be included in the circle journal so good luck to all of you, (so whoever is above me...Rusha, I think ?? - Don't send them my way!) and hopefully I'll be back soon!

mOm23girls
Diva
mOm23girls
In response to kileba14

Kim~ I will be praying for you and hubby:) I am sure this will only be temporary and soon you will be here with us again. I need to say that is a very smart choice you made on cutting back on things that are not needed. My best to you my sister and PLEASE check in whenever you get a mintue. TAke care:)

Shari82199
Diva
Shari82199

Kim, I barely know you, yet, but I will miss you. I too will keep you in my prayers. I agree, it's is smart to plan ahead and prepare for what you know will come. Please check in when you are able so we know how you are doing. God Bless!

Good afternoon ladies!! Well, my life has finally slowed down and now I have a party to plan. My one obstacle so far is a fish balloon. Now, mind you, I work at a Hallmark store that does balloons. Why can't they just have a fish balloon? I've been all over town looking for one. Oh well. I will have to figure something else out I guess. Now off to figure out what else I need for cupcakes, cakes and such.

Have a blessed day!

All Red...
Mayor
All Red...

Hello everyone1 I am back form my busy week. The yard sale went ok but it was cold and threatened rain all day so we didn't get as many people as usuall. I sill made 300.00 dollars but I had a lot more to sell this year than last and I made 400.00 then. I donated some of the leftovers to a church that is having a sale for summer missions and kept the rest to sell at a childrens sale later in the year. DH was not to happy to see it all come back into the house! I have a lot of very nice clothes that I want to sell so I can buy next years wardrobe for the children. So now I have a pile of stuff in my living room that I need to sort through and put away. sigh

I ended up getting a sinus infection due to the wind blowing the pollen out of the trees all day on saturday! Everything was covered in yellow! Thankfully it is raining ans washing it all away.

I hope everyone is doing well, I am praying for everyone! Now I need to get to work on my CJ and my DD's birthday invites. She is turning two at the end of the month! Time sure does fly by!

Page 3 of 14 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics