Page 5 of 14 
Username Post: Faith*Scrappers - Closed and Active        (Topic#1458407)
Rusha
Rusha 
Diva
Rusha
  • Rusha on 05-14-08 11:35 AM
In response to DeAnna...

Does anyone buy from sb.com ? If so, I have a $10 off code you can use. I don't want to buy anything since they charge me almost $20 for shipping, even just small things like brads and ribbon, which I think is insane. The first person who PMs me can have it!

FinallyMama
Queen
FinallyMama
In response to Rusha

Hi ladies!
DeAnna~Saying prayers for you! Honey I hope you feel better. Allergies have me off too!
What a sweet offer Rusha!

Thanks for the prayers for my grandfather. They decied to put his surgery off until next week and instead of removing the problem trying to 'fix' it yet again plus they want to stuff a rod in/by his spine. PLEASE pray that we can convince them to NOT let the Dr. do this. It is not a good idea at all!! Thanks again for the prayers. I will update as I hear what's happening.

DeAnna...
Diva
DeAnna...
In response to FinallyMama

Morning ladies

You are all so awesome to pray for me!! I have missed being here. I still am not breathing very well and taking breathing treatments but I am able to get around a little more so I am taking advantage today.

mOm23girls
Diva
mOm23girls
In response to DeAnna...

Gald to hear you are feeling a *little* better DeAnna. I will pray for you and I know you will soon be much better! Cause GOD is good!

I will not be on here to much till like monday or so. I have tons of things to do around the house and the weekend we are are going out of town just couples no KIDS!!!!

Talk to you girls soon!! Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!!

Lots of love~

amparo

musica620
Idol
musica620
In response to mOm23girls

Irene, I'm sorry your ds is going through a rough time. My parents started a new business of developing condo's at the age of 50. After taking on a huge project, they ended up having to file for bankrupcy (the reorganizational one). They had to start all over again and now it keeps them comfortable in their retirement years. My mom always said that some of the richest, most successful men lost their jobs, declared bankrupcy, lost their companies, etc. The difference with them is that they learned from their mistakes and tried again.

Melody, I'm praying for your grandfather and family!

DeAnna, I hope you feel better soon. I'm glad you were able to get out for a little bit.

My dd's b-day was yesterday, she got her license today, and graduation for the oldest boy is tomorrow!

DeAnna...
Diva
DeAnna...
In response to musica620

DeAnna congratulate your daughter! So awesome!
Melody praying for your grandfather. My mother's doctors told her she had to have her spinal column fused or she would be in a wheel chair in 2 years it's been about 8 and she is fine. has some pain because of all her back injuries but is walking just fine,
Amparo don't be gone too long or i'll start stalking your avatar just kiddin. hurry back

ok here is my LO. I may have cheated just a bit but honestly you didn;t saY WHO THE PIC haD to be of so I chose Hubby

Love fruits of the Spirit
By DeAnna Johnson

Shari82199
Diva
Shari82199
In response to DeAnna...

It feels like it's been forever since I've been on. This whole yearbook thing is a bit overwhelming and I haven't worked on it at all this week.

Then I got called to sub today and tomorrow at Melina's school in the office. I couldn't turn it down 'cause I would love to get a job there so I have the same schedule as the girls once school starts in the fall. That is something that I pray for daily now. A good job with their schedule. The school would be the perfect place. Hopefully subbing will help now that my foot is in the door. Well, I guess both of them are actually!!

You are all in my thoughts and prayers.

Rusha
Rusha 
Diva
Rusha
  • Rusha on 05-15-08 08:10 PM
In response to Shari82199

It is so good to hear from all of you and you are all in my prayers. If you wouldn't mind praying for some summer clothes for my boys, that would be so wonderful. I don't believe any request is too small for God!

Have a good evening! xoxo

Rusha
Rusha 
Diva
Rusha
  • Rusha on 05-15-08 08:13 PM
In response to Rusha

DeAnna, what kinds of paint did you use for that? It is stunning!!

Groovy Deborah
Diva
Groovy Deborah
In response to musica620

• musica620 Said:
My parents started a new business of developing condo's at the age of 50. After taking on a huge project, they ended up having to file for bankrupcy (the reorganizational one). They had to start all over again and now it keeps them comfortable in their retirement years. My mom always said that some of the richest, most successful men lost their jobs, declared bankrupcy, lost their companies, etc. The difference with them is that they learned from their mistakes and tried again.

Wow Deanna that had to be so hard on them, but glad they are overcoming. God bless, Deborah

Rusha
Rusha 
Diva
Rusha
  • Rusha on 05-16-08 12:41 PM
In response to Groovy Deborah

Just checking in to say hello to you ladies!

DeAnna...
Diva
DeAnna...
In response to Rusha

Hello ladies anyone heard from Amy lately??
I'm so worried about her health problems!

Hope everyone is well and doing fine.

Rusha I just used acrylics. the cheapies from walmart.
Since my niece came to live with us all my craft stuff went into boxes in the attic and I can't find anything!!!! But I have used them for years for canvaS PAINTING and they are fine.

How is everyone coming on their CJ's???

DeAnna

irenie
irenie 
Guru
irenie
In response to DeAnna...

Good morning ladies-have'nt been hear in a few days- hope everyone has a wonderful weekend! I've had a busy and stressful week helping my son close down his Togos store. It's finally done- now he can move on. The mall he was in is having serious problems- business is way down and 3 other shops in the food court have also closed in the last few months! Businesses here in Calif are having a tough time making it lately!

Deanna- I'm glad things worked out for your parents- and hopefully my son has learned some lessons. Congratulations to your daughter and son on the license and the graduation.
Melody- I'm praying for your grandfather and I hope everything works out for him. Back surgery is so risky at any age.
Amparo- Enjoy your weekend without your childre! Knowing you - you will be missing them before it's over.
Shari- that job sounds perfect- hope it works out for you!

My CJ is almost done! Yea! As for the layout- the journaling has been a problem. I have such a time expressing my feelings.
They are in my heart and head-just can't put them on paper! I think I have a problem over thinking things. Any suggestions?

I'm off to run some errands before it gets hot- it's already hot!!!! Yesterday 103- today is suppose to be the same!
I have to find something to wear for tomorrow! I'm taking my dgd to see a Cinderella Ballet- for her 6th BD present. I'm more excited than she is-I've never seen a ballet before!

Shari82199
Diva
Shari82199
In response to irenie

Irenie - the ballet sounds so wonderful!! My oldest would love it.

I haven't even started on my CJ yet. I was hoping to this weekend but this thing called work really did me in. I had one person show up for my crop last night so we closed shop early. Which I guess was good since I had worked all day.

This next week is going to be very busy for me. It's my youngest's (Ali) last week of preschool. So we have graduation and then a school picnic two days. Then my oldest (Melina) has a field trip thrown in there too. We also start soccer this week.

So the summer schedule starts to begin......intertwined with school activities for a couple of weeks.

I pray you all have a wonderful Lord's Day tomorrow.

ladysteel
Guru
ladysteel
In response to kileba14

1. What is your real name/what do you liked to be called? Joleen Steel - Joleen or Jo
2. Where are you from? I'm a Canadian but I live in Pennsylvania now.
3. Family? My husband is a Pastor. We have three boys. Ages 14, 9 and 3
4. Occupation? I am a mother and a piano teacher.
5. Age? 21 ha! just kidding. 41
6. How many hours a week do you typically spend scrapping? five or more
7. What size LOs do you prefer/do you do? I really like the little books from creative memories right now. I think they are 5 by 6 but I'll have to check.
8. How would you describe your scrapping style? In need of inspiration. Fairly traditional
9. How long have you been scrapping? Since my first born so 14 years. I have a book for each of the boys as well a s a christmas album that needs updating.
10. Do you have a product or technique you’re known for? Or what do you always seem to turn to when you’re putting together a lo? Creative memories has been my stand by but I'm really getting into Tinkering Ink stuff now.
11. Do you have a favorite manufacturer or product line? Tinkering Ink and Bo Bunny press
12. Why are you drawn to scrapbook your faith journey? To make this habit meaningul. As well, as to get on record all the amazing things God has done for me.
13. Is there someone on sb.com whose style inspires you? I've not been here long enough to say
14. What do you hope to give and gain from being in the Faith*Scrappers COF group? I hope to give encouragement as well as gain it. I also, hope to have a place to speak openly about the Lord and all He is to me. It's great when we speak the same language.

DeAnna...
Diva
DeAnna...
In response to ladysteel

Ladies please give Jo a warm welcome as our newest member.
Welcome Jo, I hope you find many blessings here
DeAnna

Rusha
Rusha 
Diva
Rusha
  • Rusha on 05-18-08 04:25 PM
In response to DeAnna...

Hi Jo! Will you be participating in the circle journal?

FinallyMama
Queen
FinallyMama
In response to Rusha

Welcome Jo!

Hello ladies!
Update on my grandfather: He has decieded to let them do the surgery, which they will do Wed. morning. We are very sad about this. He says that if it doesn't work they will just have to take it out. I'm so worried!! Thank you for your continued prayer support!!

I am going to work on my CJ layout this week. When do we have to mail these?? I have my picture...just have to come up with something to do with it.

I hope you all have a great week!! ((hugs))

All Red...
Mayor
All Red...

Hellos everone! I am sorry I have been MIA! I have been sick and just busy with homeschool convention and well its warm out so my children want to be out and my computer is in the upstairs bedroom and I can't see them from there!

I really need to get to work on my CJ and LO's.

DeAnna. could you refresh my memory on the dates the Cj's and things should be done? I just can't remember. Thanks.

I hope to be back to normal if there really is such a thing, and check in more often!

All Red...
Mayor
All Red...
In response to ladysteel

• ladysteel Said:
1. What is your real name/what do you liked to be called? Joleen Steel - Joleen or Jo
2. Where are you from? I'm a Canadian but I live in Pennsylvania now.
3. Family? My husband is a Pastor. We have three boys. Ages 14, 9 and 3
4. Occupation? I am a mother and a piano teacher.
5. Age? 21 ha! just kidding. 41
6. How many hours a week do you typically spend scrapping? five or more
7. What size LOs do you prefer/do you do? I really like the little books from creative memories right now. I think they are 5 by 6 but I'll have to check.
8. How would you describe your scrapping style? In need of inspiration. Fairly traditional
9. How long have you been scrapping? Since my first born so 14 years. I have a book for each of the boys as well a s a christmas album that needs updating.
10. Do you have a product or technique you’re known for? Or what do you always seem to turn to when you’re putting together a lo? Creative memories has been my stand by but I'm really getting into Tinkering Ink stuff now.
11. Do you have a favorite manufacturer or product line? Tinkering Ink and Bo Bunny press
12. Why are you drawn to scrapbook your faith journey? To make this habit meaningul. As well, as to get on record all the amazing things God has done for me.
13. Is there someone on sb.com whose style inspires you? I've not been here long enough to say
14. What do you hope to give and gain from being in the Faith*Scrappers COF group? I hope to give encouragement as well as gain it. I also, hope to have a place to speak openly about the Lord and all He is to me. It's great when we speak the same language.

I see you found us! So does this mean you are going to do some pages? We shoud get together to work on our cj's when you get yours it would be fun!

DeAnna...
Diva
DeAnna...
In response to All Red...

Evening Ladies
Red I was going to have the end of the month for the CJ's to be sent out. If there is a reason anyone can't get theirs out by then please let me know!

I have a question for everyone

I thought it would be fun to see what all denominations we represent? or is this too personal for everyone?

DeAnna - Brethren In Christ

kileba14
Veteran
kileba14
In response to DeAnna...

Welcome Jo!

and i am non-denominational. i've been a part of churches ranging from independent fundamental Baptist to charismatic/pentecostal, and i can safely say that i will go wherever i believe the Word of God is being preached and where i feel God is calling me to be best used for His purpose & ministry.

hi everybody - can't stay on for long, but hope you are all doing well! i'm praying for you all!

DeAnna...
Diva
DeAnna...
In response to kileba14

Awesome response Kim
I too have been a part of many denominations over the years. From Baptist to pentecostal/interfaith as well. I am currently a member of the Bethany Brethren In Christ Church which is a huge change for me.

If you all havent been to visit Jo's place yet check out her blog on Should I go to church today? It is awesome!

Night everyone
sleep with angels
DeAnna

All Red...
Mayor
All Red...
In response to DeAnna...

I think I cna get it done by then! Its just a mattter of making the time to get working on it.

I am going to an Evangelical Free Church now and before that it was non-denominational and I think Baptist when I was a very small child. I grew up in the same curch(age 6) until I got married and moved away.

Rusha
Rusha 
Diva
Rusha
  • Rusha on 05-19-08 06:23 AM

I go to a baptist church right now and grew up in a baptist home. In university I went to a non denominational church as well as a wesleyan church. I have nothing against any denomination. I just go where the preaching is good!

mOm23girls
Diva
mOm23girls
In response to Rusha

Hello ladies!! Hope everone is well! Sorry I have not been around. I have this really bad sinis infection that I can not get over!! I missed my girls SoO much!! I wanted to cry!! BUt I did have a good time. We really needed time to us.
I have a question for you girls do any od you own a time share?? Vacation homes??

Irene~ Business here in modesto are going down-hill there seems to be a little shopping center at every corner here?? I notice the one in the foodmaxx shopping center by the beverlys. There all over the place. You son was the owner of the togos that is on staniford? next to the blockbuster?? Best wishes for him and you:) How was the play?? Where did you go see it?? I am sure your gd loved it!!

DeAnna...
Diva
DeAnna...

morning Ladies,
I have a prayer request. two actually.
Next month they have scheduled me for a battery of tests to try and find out what is wrong. Why I am so sick all the time lately.

The other is to pray for us as a group. Please pray that we stay cohesive and are a strong support network for each other. Summer is a difficult time with so many outside activities and family events. It only takes a second to stop and say I am with you. I am thinking of you

Oh where are those challenge LO's girls??? looking forward to seeing them

Blessings
DeAnna

irenie
irenie 
Guru
irenie
In response to DeAnna...

Goodmorning ladies! I've been sick the last few days- thought it was allergies...but now have a fever and a sore throat- and can hardly swallow. Going to the Dr. tomorrow. I've been really out of sorts and sooo grumpy- guess I know why now.

DeAnna- will keep you in my prayers- and so glad you are going to get checked out. You have had a time the last few weeks. And I agree- we need to make time to check in here and support one another...even with everyone so busy!! I know it always lifts my spirits.

Amparo- sorry to hear you've been sick..hope you are better soon. My son's Togos was at the Tracy Mall- and thanks so much for the best wishes to him. The Ballet was at the Gallo Center-my 1st time there. I loved it!!! And my dgd did ok til half way through. She kept asking questions- could'nt understand why they did'nt talk!!!

At the present I am not affiliated with any denomination. I grew up in the Baptist Church and attended one off and on through my adult life. I have been visiting various churches over the last couple of years. I have been praying over this alot and studying the Bible and learning about different denominations and thier beliefs. I hope soon to find a Church to associate with. I know association with fellow believers is important- but I want to make sure I make the right choice.

Hope to have my layoiut done today- we'll see if my grandkids co-operate with me on that one! Have a wonderful day everyone.

mOm23girls
Diva
mOm23girls
In response to irenie

Hello girls!

DeAnna~ Hope all goes well at the doctors and I will conitnue to pray for you:) you are so right summer is coming up and for me it is even more hectic then when the kids are in school. BUT I will make sure to keep checking in the group you all are alway here for me and I want to be here for you too:)

Jo~ Welcome to the group so glad you joined us. I will stop and check out you place in a minute:)

Irene~ THat is so funny your dgd was asking why they were not talking!! that is too funny!! That sounds like something my girls would say! I have never been to the Gallo Center I hope we can go this summer. Hope you start to feel better the weather change is not helping anyone here in the valley, I know we have been getting sick all the time. You are in my prayers as always:)

I was raised catholic and I went to catholic school from k-the 7th grade. As a adult I seeked bible studies from my husbands church and I was baptized with him and my daughter about a year ago as. We are Seventh Day Adventist. As I still am grwoing my realtionship with God I feel as I am closer to understanding GOd as I never have in my life. I still need alot of studing to do and alot of things to change in my life. I am thankful I have found this group cause you all are helping me with my relationship with him.

Edited by mOm23girls on 05-20-08 08:04 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

mOm23girls
Diva
mOm23girls

I will try to get my lo for the challenge done today

Shari82199
Diva
Shari82199

DH is going to play cards tonight so I have a night to myself again. Although his parents are coming and I really need to clean. My youngest graduates from Preschool tomorrow and I have to work in her class....so no time tomorrow to do the cleaning.

I really want to start on my CJ and hopefully I will tonight. I have 60 photos I need to scrap too for the May Mental Breakdown Challenge. I haven't even started it yet.

I understand what you mean about the summer coming and checking in. I am already getting in the summer mode and busyness. The girls started soccer last night. Almost done with the yearbook. After graduation tomorrow we have a picnic and then we have field trips for my oldest.

Welcome Jo. I hope you find us to be an encouragement to you and a place to share your burdens.

You are all in my prayers. God Bless.

FinallyMama
Queen
FinallyMama

Hi ladies!
Thank you for your prayers for my grandfather. Update: he had surgery this morning and is alot of pain. They told him the bandages come off in a week and if he is still in pain in 3 weeks they will go back in and take out it out. Poor thing. Bless his heart! He just doesn't deserve this. I really was praying this would relieve his pain, not make it worse. Hopefully he needs just a touch of time to heal from the surgery. I really pray that's the case. Please continue to lift him up to the Father. Thank you!!

All Red...
Mayor
All Red...

Good evening everyone! I am sooooo tired today and have managed to do nothing towards cleaning the house which was on my adgenda for the day. Oh well there is always tomorrow. I am sitting here staring at my scrapbook supplies and have no inspiration tonight. My bed is calling my name, we will see if I can muster up some creativity I really need to get some things done.

I will be praying for everyone's health and other requests. Have a great night.

DeAnna...
Diva
DeAnna...

Evening Ladies
I spoke with Deb aka Scrapdoggy tonight on the phone. She is sorry that she hasn't been on more often and will try to when she can We need to be praying for her. She had a mamogram done and they founf a spot. Theey will be biopsying it next week I believe she said. I hope I have that right. but keep her in your payers.

Melody I will definately keep praying for your grandfather. That God will comfort all of you as well as give him a touch of His healing power.
'
Red get some rest sweetie. It will still be there in the morning

Shari glad you are almost done with the yearbook cause it sounds like your going to be plenty busy

Amparo I just hve to tell you how much I love that avatar!~!! She is so adorable!

Irene I hope you get t feeling better soon. Allergies can be such a drain on your system!

Deborah.. oh Deborah...... LOL you elusive thing you!

And you too Deanna! How are all your kids doing?

Pam has asked me to let you all know that she is praying for you all in your daily walk as well as your special needs. That through praying for you she has such a feeling of kinship even if you all have not been able to get to know her yet.
She nearly has her cj done and is so excited about it.
I wish I could afford to buy her a computer. They just bought a house and their oldest daughter just got married so money is very tight for them.

KimbinAk, where are you? I have missed you on here

Kim, I so look forward to when you pop up on here. Please keep in touch when you can. We miss you.

Jo, So glad you are with us. Jump in anytime.

Blessings to each of you
Sleep with angels!

FinallyMama
Queen
FinallyMama
In response to DeAnna...

Good morning ladies!! I hope you all have a fantastic day!

Rusha
Rusha 
Diva
Rusha
  • Rusha on 05-21-08 11:37 AM

Hi ladies! I am sooo tired today. We just went out and ran errands all day, what a job! Hope you are all doing well, keeping you in my prayers.

Shari82199
Diva
Shari82199
In response to Rusha

Hello!! I had preschool graduation today. No more preschoolers in my house. They have all graduated onto Kindergarten now. My youngest (ALI) is now done with school and my oldest (MELINA) has two weeks left. Two weeks of field trips and graduations and such. Can't wait until we get to sleep in!!!

I'll have to post some pics soon.

All Red...
Mayor
All Red...

Hey DeAnna, I beleive Kim is in Colorado visiting friends! I think she is suposed to be home this week. I am lookinf forward to seeing her photos, Ihave been mising them(and her too:)).

I am off to make dinner. I got nothing done last night since a dear friend of mine stopped by about 9:30 and we chatted for a couple of hours! Lots of fun. Hopefully tonight, but the floors still need to be mopped, did I ever mention I am REALLY good a procastination?! LOL!

DeAnna...
Diva
DeAnna...

Afternoon everybody
Oh Shari do post pics! would love to see them!

Can you believe I placed second in the STW Tech. Delicious challenge with my out of time LO? So awesome *I really wanted to win but Robin's LO was so stunning she deserved to win it* Sometimess I think I'm just a little too competitive LOL!

How is everyone today? How are the cj's coming? I just can't wait to get the mailing started! and to see all of your wonderful work!

Hope everybody has a great day today!
DeAnna

Shari82199
Diva
Shari82199
In response to DeAnna...

Ah, I haven't even started my CJ yet. I am hoping next week after we get back after Memorial weekend and such. I want to head into M's and see if they anything good.

Posted some pics in my blog. I think it would have been quicker to upload them to my gallery. It seemed to take forever.

God Bless and sweet dreams. I'm off to bed.

DeAnna...
Diva
DeAnna...

Red I was told I needed to check with you about cooking. Jo said you do a cooking thing each week???

ladysteel
Guru
ladysteel
In response to kileba14

I filled out the questionaire but I don't see it here on the thread. Did I do it right?

Also, Tomorrow is my "Free" day so I'll be able to work on my prayer journal and Fruit of the spirit LO. I've not forgotten you sweet ladies.

See ya tomorrow!

Blessings,

Joleen

mOm23girls
Diva
mOm23girls
In response to ladysteel

Good morning ladies!! Hope you have a wondeful day today!!

FinallyMama
Queen
FinallyMama

Hello my beautiful friends!! I hope you are all having a fabulous day!

All Red...
Mayor
All Red...
In response to DeAnna...

• DeAnna Johnson Said:
Red I was told I needed to check with you about cooking. Jo said you do a cooking thing each week???

I actually cook for 3 months. It takes me a weekend to get it done. I started out with once a month cooking about 8 years ago and then added more and more. I have a bit in my blog about it if you care to read it. I can answer any more questions then. I love having meals in my freezer and feel I am ready for anything that may happen. For instance our dishwasher broke this week, thank goodness I don't have to cook! It would be a lot of dishes by hand. Right now I am using paper products and only have to wash a few pots that I used to warm things up in.

DeAnna...
Diva
DeAnna...

Wow Red that's a lot of cooking!! How many freezers do you have? LOL! I need to do something like that too! I'll definately be checking out your blog!

Amparo are you still a member of Scrap Happenzz? Do you like the group?

Hope you all have a great evening! It's getting really stormy here so I think I'd better sign off.
Blessings
DeAnna

mOm23girls
Diva
mOm23girls
In response to DeAnna...

DeAnna~ I was a member of scrap happenz critique group a long time ago. Things there did not work out there for me. How did yu know??

Red~ I admire you for being so organized and cooking for all that time in advanced. I wish I could do something like that too:)

Hello ladies!!

DeAnna...
Diva
DeAnna...

Amparo, I was looking through different critique groups to see what all they were doing and saw a post from you on that one. So I thought I'd ask if you like it. If it was very different, if there is anything I can do to make this group better.

All Red...
Mayor
All Red...
In response to DeAnna...

Hello Ladies! I am sitting her trying to get some scrapbookign done. We had a little party for my Gwen today; she is two. I officaly have no more babies in my house. I am not sure if I should be happy or sad! I am excited for the future and all the things we can do but I sure miss the babies!

I put a couple of pics of her in my gallery tonight. She was so cute with her cupcake! My mom got her a Bitty Baby and she is SOOO excited to have a doll of her own!

Hopefully I will get some LO's finished and Iam still thinking about the cj!

Shari82199
Diva
Shari82199

Just checking in ladies.

Red - I so know what you mean about the babies. My baby just graduated from Preschool yesterday and is so excited to go to Kindgarten in the fall. She'll get to ride the big bus with her sister. I too wish I was organized like you to be able to cook all that. I would love to have meals ready to cook. We don't have the space though to freeze it. Hopefully soon though.

ladysteel
Guru
ladysteel

Goodmorning, goodmorning, goodmorning to you!I was singing that, did ya hear me? Oh well, it wasnt' very good singing anyway.

I'm so happy to have a day to be home and be with my Matthew(3) and do my art projects. The birds are singing and the sun is shining. "This is the day the Lord has made I will rejoice and be glad in it!" I was singing again, sorry.

Have a beautiful day and check back tonight to see if I accomplished my prayer journal and Fruits LO. "I've got the joy, joy, joy, down in my heart....."

Rusha
Rusha 
Diva
Rusha
  • Rusha on 05-23-08 04:12 AM
In response to ladysteel

Hi ladies! Jo, you have reminded me that I need to get my prayer journal started!! Ahhh! I forgot about it. I think I need a better adhesive than just glue stick though. Still need to find that mod podge!!!

mOm23girls
Diva
mOm23girls
In response to ladysteel

• ladysteel Said:
Goodmorning, goodmorning, goodmorning to you!I was singing that, did ya hear me? Oh well, it wasnt' very good singing anyway.

I'm so happy to have a day to be home and be with my Matthew(3) and do my art projects. The birds are singing and the sun is shining. "This is the day the Lord has made I will rejoice and be glad in it!" I was singing again, sorry.

Have a beautiful day and check back tonight to see if I accomplished my prayer journal and Fruits LO. "I've got the joy, joy, joy, down in my heart....."

You have just lifted my spirits with the singing! Hope you are able to work on your prayer journal. I need to do mine too

mOm23girls
Diva
mOm23girls

Good morning girls!! I have MAJOR cleaning to do today I have about 10 family members coming over for the weekend. SO besides the cleaning I need to go to the grocery store.
Hope you ladies have a wonderful holiday weekend!!

FinallyMama
Queen
FinallyMama

Hello ladies!! Love the singing!! It is a lovely day!! Everyone is out enjoying the sun shine and mowing their grass!! I am about to sneeze my head off and blow my nose off!! But it is so nice to have the sunshining!! **singing** "So let the Sonshine in, face life with a grin...."
I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!!

ladysteel
Guru
ladysteel

Okay finally mama, Was that fACE LIFT with a grin or face life with a grin?????????

I swear I'm dislexic, When I read your entry I could have sworn it read face lift with a grin. I about laughed myself silly.

love,
Jo

mOm23girls
Diva
mOm23girls
In response to ladysteel

Still cleaning!!!!

ladysteel
Guru
ladysteel

yeah! I did it. I made my prayer journal and started my fruit of the spirit scrap. Boy have my husband and I had some deep discussions about this topic. For example if tomato is a fruit what makes it so? No we spoke a bit deeper than that.

DeAnna...
Diva
DeAnna...
In response to ladysteel

ROTFL
Ypu guys crack me up!!!! I love to sing, Can't carry a tune in a bucket with the lid on it so it's a good thing you can't hear me. My family just has to suffer it
II so wish music was my gift!!!!!!! that and legs. I have short frog legs LOL! When I get to heaven I'm asking for 6 feet of leg!

Have had a very long day at work today. I made a cookbook for my church. Well Morris Press made them but I designed them and they are so awesome! Really they are. we bought 300 of them sold them for 16.00 and sold out almost immediately so I ordered 100 more and now I have to print, cut and punch and assemble all the added pages (morris only allows 8 pages for extra stuff and only 4 extra photos) We have a lot of history and photos, hand written recipes and such. so I was there till just a few minutes ago working on it. I only have a week to get it all done. I will post pics of it so you can all see this stunning cookbook LOL!!!

Anyone heard from Amy lately???

Have a good night everyone
DeAnna

musica620
Idol
musica620
In response to DeAnna...

DeAnna, my dad's church when I was growing up made cookbooks. I loved them! We made a few of the recipes our traditions for Christmas!
My list of denominations are: Grew up Christian-Disciples of Christ (dad was minister), Presbyterian, Methodist, went to a Catholic College, now attending Southern Baptist. I tend to look for a minister like my dad!
I've been looking at my CJ, does that count? School is finally out and the 2 boys are at their Grandparents in CA, so I'll have a lot more time this next week! Also, dd driving helps a lot in it cuts down on my drive time!
My relationship with the oldest boy has really developed these past 2 weeks. He graduated last Friday, and even though his mom was there, she wouldn't hug him or even look at him. He told her not to come to the dinner we had for him. I texted with him for about an hour last night (they aren't doing much because of the winds, they are in Sacramento). I can't believe that his parents are still acting like they are being wronged.
He told me that they still think my dh and I are influencing them to not return home. He told them that we are supporting him and his brother and helping them decide what directions their lives should go. He feels that we are helping him through his transition from adolescence to manhood. I'm so proud of him. His other teachers have told me that they have seen a huge change in him and think it's wonderful that they have us to help them. It's good to hear from others that we have done some good for these boys. I sometimes wonder.

ladysteel
Guru
ladysteel
In response to musica620

How do I post pictures in the thread? Anyone?

DeAnna...
Diva
DeAnna...
In response to ladysteel

Simplest thing is to open two windows.

Go to your layout that you'd like to link.

Click on the button under the pic that says Link or embed.

Check the box that says: IMG CODE

Click in the box BELOW where it says "Copy and Paste the Embed Code Below"

a box will pop up, click on allow access and the code will be automatically copied

then go to the thread and Now paste that text into your message

Hope this makes sense
DeAnna

ladysteel
Guru
ladysteel
In response to DeAnna...

prayer journal
By [url=http://www.scrapbook.com/gallery/image/other/1 478455.html]Ladysteel[/ur

ladysteel
Guru
ladysteel
In response to ladysteel

fruit scrap for FS group
By Ladysteel

Hey I did it! This is just the front cover of my Fruits of the spiritscrap. I loved the idea of thequestion markregarding fruit. As if to say, "Do I want fruit?" or " What isfruit?" Moreon that later. Sooooo tired tonight it's abouttwoa.m.

kileba14
Veteran
kileba14
In response to ladysteel

hey girls - hope you all have a happy & safe Memorial Day weekend! my allergies are going ballistic now that the rain has subsided, so my day off is consisting of hiding from plant life.. hehe praying for all of you ladies!

Rusha
Rusha 
Diva
Rusha
  • Rusha on 05-24-08 10:23 AM
In response to kileba14

I have such a head ache today! And my hubby is working a 16 hour shift so I am stuck without a break with the kids. Tried to lay down for a nap when they were, but Micah kept waking up every 15 minutes, which just made my head ache worse! Ahh! Oh well, I try not to complain, but some days can just be so rough! Especially when they cry at the same time...

...thank goodness I can scrap tonight. Praying that they cooperate!!

irenie
irenie 
Guru
irenie
In response to Rusha

Hi ladies- been laying low with allergies and a sinus infection! The area where I and Amparo live-is one of the worst in Calif for allergies! Yea!!! It's raining today- I love it! Only 59 degress right now! A good day to scrap- and I've been at it all day. I am so slow- my CJ needed the final touches and it's taking me forever...this is only my 2nd album to alter- and still learning- made some goofs-oh well! My lo has been done awhile- I only need to make myself sit down and journal.

I hope everyone is having a wonderful and a safe weekend. Looks like alot of people are staying close to home- gas today $ 4.03 down the road! Keeping you all in my thoughts and prayers!

irenie
irenie 
Guru
irenie
In response to irenie

Kim and Rusha- hope you both feel better soon!

ladysteel
Guru
ladysteel
In response to irenie

Rusha, Melody Irenie and Kim, My heart goes out to you. I so love being outside. I think I'd be so upset if I had allergies. I pray God will provide you each with an oasis of beauty inside today.

Rusha, i am praying for your perseverance today. I know how hard it is to feel tired and unable to nap. Friday and Saturdays are Dave's day to really work on his servmon so I rarely get a break. It's so hard sometimes. But God always gives me strength to make it through.

JOleen

Edited by ladysteel on 05-24-08 04:11 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

DeAnna...
Diva
DeAnna...
In response to ladysteel

Question for you all

Who is your favorite biblical character and why?

DeAnna...
Diva
DeAnna...
In response to DeAnna...

Jo your Lo is on the first post of the thread!

ladysteel
Guru
ladysteel
In response to DeAnna...

I used to say without hesitation that Ruth was my favorite Character in the Bible. She was so in tune with the heart of God. She seemed to be so obedient, trusting and sweet. I always wanted to be like her and I still do. Now, however, I feel more like I can relate to Naomi. No my husband and sons have not died and caused me to return to my "people". But I am aquainted with grief and fear. Naomi was authentic. She didn't pretend that everything was okay. She also did not abandon God even when she thought he had been hard on her. Ruth 1:20-21

20 "Don't call me Naomi," she told them. "Call me Mara, because the Almighty has made my life very bitter. 21 I went away full, but the Lord has brought me back empty. Why call me Naomi? The Lord has afflicted me; the Almighty has brought misfortune upon me.
NIV

I used to think she was a bitter angry woman, now I see her as one stricken with grieve. Yet, even in her grief she thinks of Ruth and says things like "The Lord Bless him." of Boaz. So I don't think she remained bitter. I think, like me, God used her afflictions to temper her, gentle her and use her for his glory. He also chose to bless her, not only with little Obed but with lineage to the true Redeemer, Jesus Christ. Wow!

Ruth 4:14-15
14 The women said to Naomi: "Praise be to the Lord, who this day has not left you without a kinsman-redeemer. May he become famous throughout Israel! 15 He will renew your life and sustain you in your old age.
NIV

DeAnna...
Diva
DeAnna...
In response to ladysteel

Wow Jo! I don't think I have ever thought about Naomi in quite that way. What a touching tribute to her!

I think I relate most to Peter. He was so human. So full of failings but with a heart so filled with desire to serve his Savior.

Even when he walked on water he had faith enough to take that first step until he looked down and his human nature took over.

I would be the one cutting off someone's ear to defend the one I love more than anyone or anything, just Like Peter, and being rebuked by the Son of God.

Shari82199
Diva
Shari82199
In response to DeAnna...

I'll have to think about that one DeAnna. It's a very good question.

Rusha, I am so with you about the nap and kids. I had one that wouldn't go to sleep and so I would just lay down with her and she's sleep wonderful. I now know when I need to lay down to make sure I get one before all the kids wake up.

We went for a great hike today with the girls. I so wish I could get them to appreciate things when they have them. We also tried getting my oldest's ears pierced but she freaked and didn't get it done. Oh well, I do believe she learned a lesson today. More on that later if anyone is interested.

Well, DH is waiting for the computer and I need to head to bed. That hike, fresh air and beautiful sunshine wiped me out.

God Bless you and your Memorial Weekend.

DeAnna...
Diva
DeAnna...

Here is my church's cookbook

Bethany BIC Cookbook
By DeAnna Johnson

Bethany BIC Cookbook
By DeAnna Johnson

Bethany BIC Cookbook
By DeAnna Johnson

Bethany BIC Cookbook
By DeAnna Johnson

Bethany BIC Cookbook
By DeAnna Johnson

Bethany BIC Cookbook
By DeAnna Johnson

You can check out my gallery for more pics

ladysteel
Guru
ladysteel
In response to DeAnna...

Wow, what a rich heritage you've been able to preserve. I can see why you sold out of these. They are not just cookbooks but memory keepers.

Terrific!

Rusha
Rusha 
Diva
Rusha
  • Rusha on 05-25-08 02:17 PM
In response to ladysteel

You know what? I think Rahab is my favourite. I know she was a prostitute, and that is ungodly. But look at what she did - she trusted that God could use even her, and hid those spies out of sight so that they would be safe. She must have believed in second chances. I know that God has given me second, third, fourth, fifth chances...the list goes on. I think if God can use my sister Rahab the prostitute for His glory, He can use me too.

DeAnna...
Diva
DeAnna...
In response to Rusha

Ladies I need your prayers!! My niece who lives with us took off last night at 9:30 and no one has seen her since. in 2 hours it will 24 hours. The police have been looking since this morning. We live in an extrememly small town. Less than 300 people. We should have found her by now. Please pray that we find her safe.

irenie
irenie 
Guru
irenie
In response to DeAnna...

Oh! DeAnna- I'm so sorry to hear this. I can't even imagine what your going through right now. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers and I'm praying that God will keep her safe. Take care and please keep us updated.

musica620
Idol
musica620
In response to irenie

Oh, DeAnna! I can't imagine what you're going through right now! I will be praying that she is found safe. Keep us posted.

musica620
Idol
musica620
In response to musica620

The oldest boy that we took in has been keeping in touch with me while they are in California. We have really developed a good relationship since we talked everything out. I know he's disappointed in his mom for not hugging him or looking at him after graduation. I made sure I hugged him before he left for CA. I figured I'd call him every couple days to check on him, but he has found excuses to text me and my dd. The youngest has been texting my ds and dd as well.
Dh & I leave for the Bahamas on Sunday and leave my MIL with the kids! Hopefully everything goes smoothly with them!

ladysteel
Guru
ladysteel
In response to DeAnna...

DeAnne said: Ladies I need your prayers!! My niece who lives with us took off last night at 9:30 and no one has seen her since. in 2 hours it will 24 hours. The police have been looking since this morning. We live in an extrememly small town. Less than 300 people. We should have found her by now. Please pray that we find her safe.

Dear Lord I pray right now for this situation. You know exactly where this young lady is and I pray you would reveal her location to those searching. Dear Jesus put your loving arms around her and her family. Give them the peace that passes understanding. Father, I cry out to you for this family and ask for mercy. I pray you will give the police and family members wisdom in their search and that you would shorten their time of waiting. We know you hear our cry and that you care deeply about what is happening. Thank you for your love. Amen

Edited by ladysteel on 05-25-08 05:34 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

DeAnna...
Diva
DeAnna...
In response to ladysteel

Thank you all for your prayers! The police finally found her at the worst possible place. She had spent the night at the local druggie's house. He is a 24 year old man and trouble so right now she is being held at juvinille hall and we will pick her up at 11:00 tonight. Her parents rushed down here from Kansas early today and are so upset! Mercedes (my niece) is denying everything to keep this guy out of trouble! She is not the first he has done this with and he needs to be stopped from messing with teenage girls. but as long as she denies everything the police can do nothing. I am so angry!!! and upset with both of them!

irenie
irenie 
Guru
irenie
In response to DeAnna...

DeAnna- I am so glad they found her! Thank God they found her before something worse happened to her being with that person...she's just asking for trouble. I can understand your anger! What can anyone do if she is denying everything! My heart goes out to you and her parents. I hope and pray she comes to her senses soon. You are in my thoughts and prayers tonight.

ladysteel
Guru
ladysteel
In response to irenie

Oh! Thank you Jesus for finding her so quickly.
Please draw her heart to you. Change her life, Renew her mind, Bring her to a place of freedom and joy.

DeAnna, I'm so glad she's okay. I've been up thinking and praying about various things including her.

kileba14
Veteran
kileba14
In response to ladysteel

DeAnna - i'll be praying for you & your family. may God give you the love & patience you need to have for this situation. may you be able to handle your niece with the same ever-present love, patience, and forgiveness that God has with all of us. i'll also be in prayer for your niece...that God will soften her heart & draw her to Him. that God will open her eyes to her need of Him and heal all of the heartaches she feels that are causing her to act out in rebellion.

Deanna - have fun on your vacation!!

Jo & Irene - thanks for your prayers & allergy sympathies. my watery eyes & stuffy nose deeply appreciate it.:)hehe

i think my favorite Biblical character is Deborah the prophetess & judge of Israel. she carries herself as a strong, powerful woman - while still maintaining her role as a submissive, humble servant. i think too often people think women need to be either in a kitchen, baking for 12 children, or else they need to be fully-independent, career-driven moguls who rule their household. Deborah shows us that as Christian women, we can be both strong and confident (without being overpowering) and submissive servants (without being doormats), and that there is no contradiction or conflict in being both. can i get an amen? :)haha

hope you all have a nice Memorial Day!

DeAnna...
Diva
DeAnna...
In response to kileba14

A big AMEN from me Kim!!!

Latest update on my niece. Her parents have just left with her in tow for Kansas. And I really believe it's for the best in one regard and maybe not in another. I mean this is not the first time she has just disappeared (never for an entire night) but just left without permission and gotten into trouble. I can't trust her and I don't believe a word that comes out of her mouth. She lies so much. I do not have the patience or knowledge to deal with the situatuion. I just want to smack some sense into her which wouldn't do any good at all. But at the same time I know she isn't going back into a situation that is any better. Anyway please keep her in your prayers.

Deanna good luck and have loads of fun on your vacation!

Thank all of you for your prayers.

DeAnna

Rusha
Rusha 
Diva
Rusha
  • Rusha on 05-26-08 09:27 AM
In response to DeAnna...

So glad that she was found Deanna! I hope that she smartens up and changes her ways. Praying...

mOm23girls
Diva
mOm23girls
In response to musica620

musica620
Idol
musica620

DeAnna, is there someplace that they can get her some help, or aren't her parents the kind of parents that will do that for her? I keep thinking of Dr. Phil and the places he's associated with.

FinallyMama
Queen
FinallyMama
In response to musica620

Oh DeAnna!! Definatly not the good kind of excitment in your world!! Darlin, When I read your message I just said a big prayer for you all!! I am so glad that she was safe....even if it wasn't the best conditions. (I watch way to many cop/forensic shows and know it could have been worse!) I will keep her and her family in my prayers, that she will get the help she is needing. :hugs:

ladysteel
Guru
ladysteel

hey you guys. I'm so excited! I was honorably mentioned on the Tinkering Ink site as a runner up for their vintage challenge. That's never happened to me before. It's no big deal to some, but I'm just happy that someone really likes my stuff.

Joleen

Edited by ladysteel on 05-26-08 06:47 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

DeAnna...
Diva
DeAnna...
In response to ladysteel

Hi everyone

Deanna I hope that they will get her help. They are in the process of moving down here. So It may have to wait a few days. Although I don't know if it will help her. She is the most stubborn person I have ever met. She is a stone wall and does become violently angry when she is forced to listen to something she does not want to hear. We had her for 8 months and well it has been very bad.

Jo that is so awesome!!!! I am so happy for you! After seeing your gallery I went to their website to look for those rub-ons. Found the blue but never did find the pink ones. They have some awesome stuff and some gorgeous contributors work! It really says a tremendous amount about your work!! So Beautiful!!!

Amparo I love your sign you posted!! Did you do that? It's awesomme! I want one LOL!!

FinallyMama
Queen
FinallyMama
In response to DeAnna...

Good morning ladies!! I hope that you each have a fantastic day!

Shari82199
Diva
Shari82199

Good morning ladies.

DeAnna, I'll pray for your niece and her parents. It is really hard not to want to "knock" some sense into them, literally. That's one reason why I couldn't be a teacher or anything along those lines.

I don't know if I've ever tried Tinkering Ink products. I'll have to take a look and see what they've got. I so need a makeover in my scrapping stash. I know hubby wouldn't go for me just going out and buying a bunch of stuff though.

I hope to do a rummage sale soon. Just don't have the ambition to go through everything and sort it out. YUCK!!

Today starts my "work" week now. The two that I had before for half days are now here Tues-Thurs from like 8am-5pm. Please pray for my patience, perseverence......well, anything you need when you watch kids. One is a very picky eater which makes it very frustrating for me and making meals. But I look to the bigger picture when I will have money to help pay the bills. Also my brother (lives in Japan) and his family are coming in just over a month and there are lots of things planned. Lots of money to be spent then.

Anyway, I'm babbling now.

I pray you all have a blessed day. Hoping to work on my CJ today.

musica620
Idol
musica620

Today is the first day that I'm able to scrap. I'm using the excuse that my ds has my car so I can't go anywhere right now. I have a graduation album I have to finish before I leave on Sunday. I want it here when the oldest boy gets home. We won't be here, but I want it as a surprise! Enjoy your day everyone.

DeAnna...
Diva
DeAnna...
In response to musica620

Morning Ladies!
I have to go in to work sometime today to get busy on the cookbooks but I am working hard to find a way to get out of it. tomorrow is soon enough right????
I am the worlds worst procrastinator!!!

I hope all of you have a blessed day
DeAAnna

All Red...
Mayor
All Red...
In response to DeAnna...

Good afternoon all! I am busy putting the house back in order after the long weekend. I managed to get two pages done and so I need to focus on the CJ tonight!

DeAnna: I will be praying for your niece, what a difficult situation.

Joleen: CONGRATS on the honorable mention! I love that vintage window. BTW where iis it in your house? I didn't see it on Sunday.

And everyone else I am praying for you also!

irenie
irenie 
Guru
irenie

My lo is finally done- should have had it done when I posted the challenge! NO- DeAnna I am the worst procastinator!

Jo- congrats on the TI Honorable Mention- I'm glad you checked out the site!

Hope everyone had a great weekend! Babysitting- only have a couple minutes right now- will check back later!

Be Joyful
By Irenie

musica620
Idol
musica620
In response to irenie

Irenie, all I have to say is gorgeous! I love the lo!
Jo- way to go!
DeAnna, your always in my prayers, thanks for the postcard, it lifted my spirits!
I actually made 4 lo's today for the oldest boys senior scrapbook. My ds gave them a big thumbs up, so I feel good!

Page 5 of 14 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics