Username Post: Circle Cutter....        (Topic#1458605)
Lilgem
Lilgem 
Idol
Lilgem

Ok, so I have held off buying a circle cutter/circle punch. I thought I could just trace around round things and cut those out (glasses, plates) but it is harder than it sounds to get a good circle that way! I also do not use a blade pen of any sort for anything because I never get a clean cut. Can anyone suggest a good product for this? Something that allows me to cut several different sized circles, that is easy, and doesn't involve scizzors? (I can use those little blade thingys, like on my straight paper cutter) Is the EZ success curvy cutter a good investment??

laurbernet
Idol
laurbernet
In response to Lilgem

I think all the shape cutting systems are pretty good. I have Fiskars & creative memories and prefer the CM.

ajroemisch
Idol
ajroemisch
In response to Lilgem

I have the Coluzzle system. Very easy to use. I would not reccomend the Fiskars shape cutter...Way too hard...

momtokatie
Expert
momtokatie
In response to ajroemisch

I have the CM system. It is awesome and you can get different shapes, not just circles. Love it!

Spacy Tracy
Mayor
Spacy Tracy
In response to momtokatie

The Creative Memories system is my favorite!

scrapalooza
Diva
scrapalooza
In response to Spacy Tracy

I also have coluzzle & love it.

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 04-03-08 11:01 AM
In response to Lilgem

I atually just got one of those cutting system tool by Creative Memories. One of my friend is con. of CM so i asked her to send some cutters. It works really great. Now i've had for few days and i needed to practice a bit but now i can cut just fine. It shows you the sizes and stuff very well and its pretty straight foward, not hard to use at all!

Edited by once on 04-03-08 11:02 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

outsidechic
Diva
outsidechic
In response to scrapalooza

i have a curvy cutter and love it, but i only use it for the BIG circles.

tips for cutting circles:
move you paper not the sissors
leave the sissors open and run the paper through them (have to have pretty sharp ones for this)
be relaxed
and once you start dont stop

to cut good circles just takes practice and paitience

Scrappy Nan
Idol
Scrappy Nan
In response to Once

i have a bunch of different circle cutters....i go through phases where i use one more than the others. but i do like the Ek Success Cutter Bee (something about the glass matt makes everything cut cleaner); and i like the Fiskars too, though. the CM is a trusty stand by - i have had the templates and blades forever and can't remember the last time i replace the blades!
Products Referenced in This Post:

Edited by Scrappy Nan on 04-03-08 11:05 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Beth in Indiana
Resident
Beth in Indiana
In response to Lilgem

Hello - ditto on the last response. I really struggled with Fiskars - don't recommend. I just splurged and got the Ek Success Cutter Bee - Circle Scissor Plus and the glass mat that goes underneath. Very easy to dial in how big a circle you want and away you go. I've seen so many great LO's with big circles, I just had to get something that worked without having to practice a ton to use the thing.

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease
In response to Beth in Indiana

I have the CM cutting system with most of the different shapes. I love it. So easy to use! The only down side is that sometimes I can't cut as large of a circle as I want.

For scalloped large circles, I just use a piece of Bazzill scalloped CS, trace it, and cut around it.

Mom to the Boys
Governor
Mom to the Boys
In response to siameseplease

CM cutting system without a doubt is the best I have used. I love the circle cutters because you can get so many different size circles. Plus you can buy other kinds of shapes. Blades really do last a long time.

Snix
Snix 
Mayor
Snix
  • Snix on 04-03-08 11:53 AM
In response to Mom to the Boys

Love my Creative Memories ones!

Lilgem
Lilgem 
Idol
Lilgem
In response to Snix

thanks girls! love the responses, can always count on you guys!

Nancy Keslin
Queen
Nancy Keslin
In response to Lilgem

Anyone tried the new We R yet?

scrappinmonkey
Queen
scrappinmonkey
In response to Nancy Keslin

Love my cm cutters!

Sunnydi
Queen
Sunnydi
In response to Lilgem

For me the EK curvy cutter is the best. You can turn the cutter handle around and use the outside edges and get bigger cuts with it. Fiskars is too hard to get a good cut. I hated having to trim the little 'connection' on the coluzzle cut out-gave that one away also.

StrawberryPia
Governor
StrawberryPia
In response to Sunnydi

• fourblueyes Said:
For me the EK curvy cutter is the best. You can turn the cutter handle around and use the outside edges and get bigger cuts with it. Fiskars is too hard to get a good cut. I hated having to trim the little 'connection' on the coluzzle cut out-gave that one away also.

I have the EK too! HavenĀ“t used it yet! i bought it last weekend, but it was highly recommended!

Heather_Rochelle
Guru
Heather_Rochelle
In response to StrawberryPia

I may be an exeption but I love my Fiskars shapecutter I works great with a glass mat or in my case a large old mirror

TriciaH
Guru
TriciaH
In response to Lilgem

I absolutly love the Ek Success Curvy Cutter. I could never get my CM one to work right no matter how many times someone showed me (I'm rather clutzy).

I'd recommend buying the glass mat to go with it. It makes it much easier and you'll find other uses for the mat than just cutting.

ChansGram
Angel
ChansGram
In response to TriciaH

To those who have the CM circle cutter - what is the largest circle it can cut?

Ami G
Ami G 
Diva
Ami G
  • Ami G on 04-04-08 07:56 AM
In response to ChansGram

I have the Ek Success Curvy Cutter (w/glass mat) and I LOVE it!! I can cut all size circles with it, from teeny to huge (to fill up a whole page).

Edited by ahg on 04-04-08 07:56 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Scrappin B
Guru
Scrappin B
In response to Lilgem

• RubysMom Said:
Ok, so I have held off buying a circle cutter/circle punch. I thought I could just trace around round things and cut those out (glasses, plates) but it is harder than it sounds to get a good circle that way! I also do not use a blade pen of any sort for anything because I never get a clean cut. Can anyone suggest a good product for this? Something that allows me to cut several different sized circles, that is easy, and doesn't involve scizzors? (I can use those little blade thingys, like on my straight paper cutter) Is the EZ success curvy cutter a good investment??

A circle cutter is one of the best possible tools that you could ever own. My favorite circle cutter is the CM one. But I'm sure that there are some other good ones. I like the Fiskars one too, but I think I'm the only one. haha.

Scrappin B
Guru
Scrappin B
In response to ChansGram

• Chan'sGram Said:
To those who have the CM circle cutter - what is the largest circle it can cut?

The largest circle you can cut in 5 or 6 inches. you can't cut a HUGE circle the size of your paper. That's the only bummer. I'm not sure if they have another set that's bigger but I don't think so. I use my Fiskars one for the bigger cuts. I know that one isn't very popular but I love it!
Fiskars Circle Cutter (Discontinued)

Ande
Ande 
Diva
Ande
  • Ande on 04-04-08 06:12 PM
In response to Lilgem

• RubysMom Said:

I agree...I could never get a good clean circle either...I got the Coluzzle and LOVE it...they have a new BIG circle...I think it is about 8" not sure.

Rosita
Rosita 
Governor
Rosita
In response to Ande

I'm not sure which one I like more...Coluzzle or Creative Memories. I have both. When I go to a crop, it's Coluzzle hands down because it's so much less to take.

Judes
Judes 
Expert
Judes
  • Judes on 04-05-08 12:28 AM
In response to Rosita

Coluzzles here!

Pages completed so far in 2008: 91

Edited by Judes on 04-05-08 12:29 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to TriciaH

• TriciaH Said:
I absolutly love the Ek Success Curvy Cutter. I could never get my CM one to work right no matter how many times someone showed me (I'm rather clutzy).

I'd recommend buying the glass mat to go with it. It makes it much easier and you'll find other uses for the mat than just cutting.

Tricia, if you're inclined to try the CM one again, try it with the new blades - they swivel and makes it easier to do the cutting.

Three Bright Lights
Diva
Three Bright Lights
In response to moxiegirl23

I love the CM one because it's so easy to do compatable mats -- just use different blades on the same shape. I like the Fiskars circle cutter too -- I always use it if I have a lot of the same size circles to do and they're not the right size for my punch. I am useless with the Fiskars shape cutter -- a huge disappointment for me. I tried a friend's Coluzzle at a crop and liked it a lot -- but I don't like it enough to invest in a whole new cutting system...

Steph K
Pro
Steph K
In response to Lilgem

I also have the Fiskars and the Creative Memories, and REALLY love my Creative Memories one. I could never get the Fiskars blade to go through the paper.

Scrappin B
Guru
Scrappin B
In response to Steph K

Yeah... I LOVE the CM one... I have never heard of the Coluzzle. It sounds like I need to get with the program and check that out.

thelucky1
Pro
thelucky1
In response to TriciaH

I definitely need to try the glass mat with mine...so far, it hasn't worked that great for me.

Scrappin B
Guru
Scrappin B
In response to thelucky1

I was checking out your gallery Ande and you have some great circle pages in there. So now I definately need to check out the Coluzzle. haha.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics