Page 5 of 25 
Username Post: Virtual Crop Week #57 Baby, It's WARM outside!        (Topic#1458675)
scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath
In response to foltzy

• Diva foltzy Said:
The stupid party is tonight and I'm suppose to stupid go. She says I knew about it which is just a lie, but of course I look like I'm the bad guy and forgot about it and she's the innocent one and she told me. Some days I can't stand my family. BBL

How it go??? Try to drown your brain in your paper! Maybe that will help!!

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath
In response to scrappycath

Liz/Moxie - if you've not yet signed off - have a "croppy" day!!!

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

I'm still here, on and off. I just had to retune some plans for tomorrow. Decided to make a sign using the CM software. I'm ok with how it printed on my laser printer, but I wanted to print it photographically, too. So I went to upload it to the Ritz at the mall, figuring I can go there tonight. They're down. I'm not about to send it to my friend's store, even if I was confident that they would make it look good, because they'll be closed by the time I get there tonight. I'm heading out to Walgreens soon, because they should have it done for me by 8:30. While I'm out, I'm running to the bread outlet to buy the bread I haven't picked up yet. So now that all my computer stuff is done for the moment, I'm heading to other rooms to finish whatever needs to be done.

Thanks for the croppy wishes!

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

I just saw this on the VCW blog from last weeks thread. Posted by Liz/Moxie:

"From an entry I posted 4/2...

Cathy and Elizabeth:

CM for the longest time has partnered with the American Alzheimers Association to raise money for their charity. For some reason, CM is looking for another charity to support. I went to vote on it today, and one of the charities that is being contemplated is Autism Speaks. Here's what I wrote in favor of it:

I'd like us to partner with Autism Speaks. I have several friends and neighbors with autistic children. I see what they struggle with daily to comminicate and integrate into the "normal" world. Our mission is to record our story so we can share it with the world. Our mission could easily lend itself to helping Autistic people share their story, their way. I agree that the other nine charities are just as important, but some of them get so much attention where Autism is so misunderstood and largely ignored by insurance companies and even physicians. Everyday more people are being diagnosed as Autistic and there's not enough research being done to reverse Autism, there's not enough money to train people on how to help people with Autism, there's not enough money to treat the Autistics. Our business is to help people get their stories down in books for future generations, let's help some people tell their stories who are unable to communicate the way the rest of the world does. "

THANK YOU LIZ. I can not thank you enough - for voicing this so eloquently, for sharing this with even more people to help them learn, understand, and hopefully become more accepting! Whether or not CM decides to choose this as their charity of choice... what you have done is HUGE!!! THIS is what awareness is!

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

Who sent Mayhem to my house? Please take it back. We have enough!

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

• scrappycath Said:

Not me. I know exactly where my mayhem is.

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

OK - not gonna be able to catch up!

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath
In response to moxiegirl23

• moxiegirl23 Said:
  • scrappycath Said:

Not me. I know exactly where my mayhem is.

Three Bright Lights
Diva
Three Bright Lights

Morning everyone, what's cooking?

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to Three Bright Lights

• Three Bright Lights Said:

blueberry muffins.

Scrappygal50
Queen
Scrappygal50

Good morning everyone. I had a hard night! I got a call from the hospital last night about 12:45. It wasn't my sister this time, it was my oldest ds. Or maybe I should say oldest idiot ds. He was in a bar fight. IDIOT! The other guy broke a beer mug on his head. He has 5 staples in his head and lacerations all over what used to be his pretty face. Don't get me wrong, I love him a lot and didn't sleep too well because I was worried about his head swelling, but I wish he would GROW up! He's 22. Now I'm sitting here trying to figure out what to say when he finally wakes up. I'm tired but can't sleep. I'm frustrated with no solution. I know he's going to want to go home today(I brought him to our home to be able to watch over him). So that's my story.

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to Scrappygal50

Barbara

Scrappygal50
Queen
Scrappygal50

Thanks Liz!

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

If it helps, my husband was a little rowdy in his younger days. Ok up until Abby was born, really. I remember one time he almost got in a bar fight because some stupid guy decided that he wanted to dance in front of our table at a bar a friend's band was playing at. I was shooting the gig, not only did the guy ruin a bunch of shots and prevent others, but he didn't feel like dancing with his walkman, so as he shimmied to the dance floor to shake his groove thang, he plunked it onto our table. John glared but didn't do anything until the guy bounced into our table and knocked over my beer. (thankfully, he didn't get my camera, otherwise...) That was the point Toopid Guys walkman found a place on the floor. Guy started to "complain" until John stood up and guy got scared. Guy gathered his walkman and left. Our poor friend Chris! He was singing the entire time this was happening and it was happening right in front of him. He almost had to stop singing because he was gonna laugh.

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

Moral of the story, John's an upstanding citizen, good father, veteran, suffers from a case of the stupids and husbanditis at times, but he's a good guy. Hopefully your son is just having a phase...

Scrappygal50
Queen
Scrappygal50

Only time will tell, but boy, is it hard for a mother to wait! Must admit, for a moment I wished I could find the guy who did it, and let him find out what a mother's wrath is like! Then I prayed for God to take the hate away.

Scrappygal50
Queen
Scrappygal50

Gotta reboot puter. BBIA.

Scrappygal50
Queen
Scrappygal50

Going through my stash trying to figure out a lo. I think it's going to be simple and sweet.

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

• Jesus Rocks Said:
Good morning everyone. I had a hard night! I got a call from the hospital last night about 12:45. It wasn't my sister this time, it was my oldest ds. Or maybe I should say oldest idiot ds. He was in a bar fight. IDIOT! The other guy broke a beer mug on his head. He has 5 staples in his head and lacerations all over what used to be his pretty face. Don't get me wrong, I love him a lot and didn't sleep too well because I was worried about his head swelling, but I wish he would GROW up! He's 22. Now I'm sitting here trying to figure out what to say when he finally wakes up. I'm tired but can't sleep. I'm frustrated with no solution. I know he's going to want to go home today(I brought him to our home to be able to watch over him). So that's my story.

Scrappygal50
Queen
Scrappygal50

• scrappycath Said:
  • Jesus Rocks Said:

Thanks! He's up now and his head hurts. Of course! It looks bad.

jellyziva
Governor
jellyziva

Hi, good morning!

Have to take DD to ballet, gym this morning... DH has 2 photoshoots today!

I hope to scrap a little today... I need it!!!

jellyziva
Governor
jellyziva
In response to jellyziva

Have a great scrappy day, Liz!

daezee
daezee 
Diva
daezee
In response to jellyziva

Good morning.

Lots to do today, but I don't want to do it.

Three Bright Lights
Diva
Three Bright Lights

• Jesus Rocks Said:
  • scrappycath Said:
  • Jesus Rocks Said:

Love them natural consequences!

daezee
daezee 
Diva
daezee
In response to daezee

I just read an instant message my daughter was participating in with one of her friends. Major foul language and inappropriate things....What would you do? I am totally at a loss. I have asked her repeatedly not to use foul language. I have taken away her Myspace and Facebook because of the foul language on there.
Do I take the computer away completely? She already hates me. I just don't know what to do.

Scrappygal50
Queen
Scrappygal50
In response to daezee

Going to take a shower and see if that revives me some.

daezee
daezee 
Diva
daezee
In response to daezee

The other night, I walked into the living room and sat down. I smelled dog pee. I said...why does it smell like dog pee in here? Noone said a word. On the instant message, she was laughing with her friend about how she knew the dog had peed but didn't tell me. I just want to cry.

Three Bright Lights
Diva
Three Bright Lights
In response to daezee

Monica, how old is she? Does she drive yet? 'Cause I recall loss of the car being a fantastic motivator! I would take it away from her. But at her age there is a question of whether she will shoplift another, etc.

I forget... is she a step? Does her dad back you up? Is family counseling a possibility?

Scrappygal50
Queen
Scrappygal50
In response to daezee

• daezee Said:
The other night, I walked into the living room and sat down. I smelled dog pee. I said...why does it smell like dog pee in here? Noone said a word. On the instant message, she was laughing with her friend about how she knew the dog had peed but didn't tell me. I just want to cry.

So sorry sweetie!

NMlady
NMlady 
Governor
NMlady

• Jesus Rocks Said:

children
Barbara

Scrappygal50
Queen
Scrappygal50
In response to NMlady

• NMlady Said:
  • Jesus Rocks Said:

children
Barbara

You said it!

Scrappygal50
Queen
Scrappygal50

I'm out of ink in my cheapie printer and need to print out taxes. Going to store real quick. Be back as soon as I can to scrap and chat.

Tink-Hildur
Diva
Tink-Hildur
In response to NMlady

Hi Im awake .... Ive been trying to print photos to use with my new gorgeous kit .... but I have no photopaper so I just printed on canavas ... its going to be a few intresting LOs ....

I didnt get any sleep last night ... Anika woke up a few hours after I went to sleep ....

but Im here in a great mood since I have my new kit to play with ....

I took a new photo of my LO since last night the other one was not in focus ....

momany
momany 
Idol
momany
In response to daezee

• daezee Said:
I just read an instant message my daughter was participating in with one of her friends. Major foul language and inappropriate things....What would you do? I am totally at a loss. I have asked her repeatedly not to use foul language. I have taken away her Myspace and Facebook because of the foul language on there.
Do I take the computer away completely? She already hates me. I just don't know what to do.

I'm so sorry. The teen years can be so hard. We dealt with similar behavior with our oldest two for a short season. We pretty much took away their life and told them they could earn it back through respect and obedience. When they realized that we could and would make their life miserable if they made the wrong choices, reality set in.
Sometimes they have to get the picture that we don't owe them anything and all the things we have lovingly blessed them with, we can lovingly take away.
I recently heard my 24 yo DD speak to a group of parents. She told them that she did think she hated us for enforcing our standards. We really did make her life miserable for a while. Now she is so glad we loved her enough to say, "Others may, you may not." and to hang in there until she had enough sense to see that we were right.

daezee
daezee 
Diva
daezee

Monica, how old is she? Does she drive yet? 'Cause I recall loss of the car being a fantastic motivator! I would take it away from her. But at her age there is a question of whether she will shoplift another, etc.

I forget... is she a step? Does her dad back you up? Is family counseling a possibility?

She's 16. She could have her license, but hasn't had driver's ed because her grades were bad and I cancelled it. She's not a step....she's all mine and my husband's...he is supportive, but tends to yell, hand out punishments, then leaves me to enforce them. I see a counselor for advice, but haven't drug her there yet.

daezee
daezee 
Diva
daezee

• Jesus Rocks Said:
  • daezee Said:

So sorry sweetie!

Thanks Barbara...you've had your hands full in the last few hours, too!!! I hope you get some rest today and he has learned a lesson.

daezee
daezee 
Diva
daezee

• Jesus Rocks Said:
  • NMlady Said:
  • Jesus Rocks Said:

children
Barbara

You said it!

Amen!

daezee
daezee 
Diva
daezee
In response to Tink-Hildur

• Tink-Hildur Said:
Hi Im awake .... Ive been trying to print photos to use with my new gorgeous kit .... but I have no photopaper so I just printed on canavas ... its going to be a few intresting LOs ....

I didnt get any sleep last night ... Anika woke up a few hours after I went to sleep ....

I took a new photo of my LO since last night the other one was not in focus ....

Ooooh! A new kit! Pictures printed on canvas sound neat! Have fun with it!

daezee
daezee 
Diva
daezee
In response to momany

• momany Said:
  • daezee Said:

I'm so sorry. The teen years can be so hard. We dealt with similar behavior with our oldest two for a short season. We pretty much took away their life and told them they could earn it back through respect and obedience. When they realized that we could and would make their life miserable if they made the wrong choices, reality set in.
Sometimes they have to get the picture that we don't owe them anything and all the things we have lovingly blessed them with, we can lovingly take away.
I recently heard my 24 yo DD speak to a group of parents. She told them that she did think she hated us for enforcing our standards. We really did make her life miserable for a while. Now she is so glad we loved her enough to say, "Others may, you may not." and to hang in there until she had enough sense to see that we were right.

You gave me some good words to use TJ...thank you. My goal is to actually have a good relationship with my daughters when they are older, to have them be kind, loving and productive members of society and to SURVIVE the teen years. I need a manual.

daezee
daezee 
Diva
daezee
In response to daezee

OK...going to do a ton of laundry. I have about 6 baskets to fold, and now some of it will need to be fluffed in the drier again, or ironed. I am also hoping it will warm up enough to open the windows and air out the house. I need to sweep and mop the kitchen floor and I am making dd use the carpet scrubber on the living room carpet. I also told her for the foul language, she can clean the foul bathroom upstairs that she and the girls use.
Hoping to get some scrapping done later. bbs

momany
momany 
Idol
momany
In response to daezee

• daezee Said:
OK...going to do a ton of laundry. I have about 6 baskets to fold, and now some of it will need to be fluffed in the drier again, or ironed. I am also hoping it will warm up enough to open the windows and air out the house. I need to sweep and mop the kitchen floor and I am making dd use the carpet scrubber on the living room carpet. I also told her for the foul language, she can clean the foul bathroom upstairs that she and the girls use.

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia

I just fixed breakfast for me, lunch for the kids...their second breakfast of the day. DH gives 'em cereal and a slice of toast in the morning so I have free reign over breakfast/lunch/brunch. Today I made pancakes from scratch. Yummy.

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia
In response to momany

• momany Said:
  • daezee Said:

That reminds me that I need to watch my own FOWL language. Aw, CHICKEN it's hard.

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia
In response to Tink-Hildur

• Tink-Hildur Said:

Morning, Tink! I'm awake now, too. Made pancakes after a 20-minute "You'll eat what I fix or you'll go without lunch" discussion with Jory, who'd decided he wasn't "in the mood" for pancakes and therefore wouldn't eat. I sent him to the showers, and when he came back and saw how golden brown they looked, decided he'd eat. And ate six of them.

Scrappygal50
Queen
Scrappygal50
In response to BlingQueenRia

I'm back from the store. Oldest ds has gone home. Youngest ds is at a friends house and dh is at work. I have the house to myself! Of course, all that runs through my head is oldest ds.

Scrappygal50
Queen
Scrappygal50

• BlingPrincessRia Said:
  • momany Said:
  • daezee Said:

That reminds me that I need to watch my own FOWL language. Aw, CHICKEN it's hard.

LOL!

daezee
daezee 
Diva
daezee

• Jesus Rocks Said:
  • BlingPrincessRia Said:
  • momany Said:
  • daezee Said:

LOL!

Just don't say "egg" Ria or you'll CRACK me up! Ok...that was lame.

daezee
daezee 
Diva
daezee

• Jesus Rocks Said:
I'm back from the store. Oldest ds has gone home. Youngest ds is at a friends house and dh is at work. I have the house to myself! Of course, all that runs through my head is oldest ds.

daezee
daezee 
Diva
daezee
In response to daezee

A few minutes ago, I discovered dd has made herself a new Myspace page. Now dh has grounded her from the computer completely. She is also grounded from going anywhere or using the phone. She is SO disrespectful. She can't even humor us while we're talking to her by not giving us dirty looks. I'm so sad that my precious little girl has turned into this. AND I have two more to go.

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia

Jory is being a brat again today. I am not going to take this. As soon as DH comes home I am very seriously thinking about leaving for a few hours. I can't take it anymore.

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia

• Jesus Rocks Said:
  • BlingPrincessRia Said:
  • momany Said:
  • daezee Said:

LOL!

And right now Jory is being a TURKEY'S BUTT.

Scrappygal50
Queen
Scrappygal50

Apparently, all three of us have a child that is being a turkey's butt!

AJs Mama
Expert
AJs Mama

um you need to make a run to michaels when DH gets home right?!?! when u leaving for capa?

Scrappygal50
Queen
Scrappygal50

I've started my lo. About time, now to get back to it.

daezee
daezee 
Diva
daezee

I think difficult children is our theme for today. Some serious scrapping is in order.

riorabbit
Queen
riorabbit

• BlingPrincessRia Said:
Jory is being a brat again today. I am not going to take this. As soon as DH comes home I am very seriously thinking about leaving for a few hours. I can't take it anymore.

That might honestly be a really good idea. For you and Jeremy both. Some days you both might really need a break from the kiddos...especially from Jory unfortunately. I don't think there is anything wrong with doing so. It is not that you are leaving him. You are giving your self a mental health break. Time alone is good! Or time away is good!

AJs Mama
Expert
AJs Mama
In response to riorabbit

you could sent Jory to Uncle Erics for the evening. Let the Erics hang out together while we go shopping lol

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia
In response to AJs Mama

We're getting ready to leave here in a few minutes. My head is pounding, I think I could've been OVER this cold by now if I didn't have added stress of Jory instigating all the fighting and all the hullaballoo. I don't know what I'm going to do. One of these days, Jeremy may very well come home to find Jory alone and me and Lizzie gone. I don't want it to get to that point, I really don't. But I'm tired of the way things are, too.

c-leaper
Queen
c-leaper
In response to Kimberly Rae Cole

• Kimberly Rae Said:
We are bad, we are mighty, we're the class of Nineteen-Ninety!.... I know, I'm such a brat.

Same year my "little" sister graduated.

c-leaper
Queen
c-leaper
In response to DawnInAZ

• DawnInAZ Said:

I am fairly sure I have pink eye.

I'm guessing that means absolutely no working until it's cleared up?

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

I'm so excited!!!! I just got done working through a tutorial on how to do extractions digitally. It was so much fun! I made this layout - may not be the best choice of pics for it - or colors, but I had a blast making it!!!

Prepare to be Amazed
By Scrappycath

riorabbit
Queen
riorabbit

• BlingPrincessRia Said:
We're getting ready to leave here in a few minutes. My head is pounding, I think I could've been OVER this cold by now if I didn't have added stress of Jory instigating all the fighting and all the hullaballoo. I don't know what I'm going to do. One of these days, Jeremy may very well come home to find Jory alone and me and Lizzie gone. I don't want it to get to that point, I really don't. But I'm tired of the way things are, too.

Is there anyone that can watch him for a bit? So he is safe while you get out? I know he is not the easiest to watch, but still...

I know I have heard of organizations that specifically offer babysitting for couples that have a child with some sort of disability. Don't know if Jory would qualify or if there is such a thing in the area. Truthfully I think you need that break though and there should be a safe option for everyone involved.

c-leaper
Queen
c-leaper

• moxiegirl23 Said:

blueberry muffins.

BLTs for supper.

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath
In response to daezee

• daezee Said:

OMG! This is so difficult to deal with. If she "hates" you then you are doing a great job at being her Mom!! Personallly, I would take the computer away for some period of time.

How old is she? Have you thought about parental controls on what sites she can visit and/or time limits for internet access?

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath
In response to daezee

• daezee Said:
I think difficult children is our theme for today. Some serious scrapping is in order.

Difficult and children seem to go hand in hand!

c-leaper
Queen
c-leaper

• Jesus Rocks Said:

Honey, he's 22. I'd say he's long past the point of motherly lectures. He's going to have to make his own mistakes and learn his own lessons - hopefully before he gets into serious trouble.

Maybe let him know how you felt (worried, angry) if that'll have any effect on him. Otherwise, tell him you're glad he's okay, that next time he gets to find his own way home from the hospital, and send him home.

riorabbit
Queen
riorabbit

• scrappycath Said:
  • daezee Said:

OMG! This is so difficult to deal with. If she "hates" you then you are doing a great job at being her Mom!! Personallly, I would take the computer away for some period of time.

How old is she? Have you thought about parental controls on what sites she can visit and/or time limits for internet access?

I am not sure that hating is necessary for being a good mom, but I agree that you can do what is needed. If she is not getting the point, then take away the computer. I personally have reached a point I don't care about foul language, but regardles...she is your daughter and you have told her what is acceptable to you. She is not obeying and for that the computer being taken away seems like fair game to me.

There are some much more frightening things out there on the internet than foul language, and to me if you cannot trust her to do as you have asked..then she does not deserve the responsiblity of the internet.

c-leaper
Queen
c-leaper

• Jesus Rocks Said:
  • scrappycath Said:
  • Jesus Rocks Said:

That headache may be all the "lecture" he needs. Funny how that works....

daezee
daezee 
Diva
daezee

• scrappycath Said:
  • daezee Said:

We've tried the parental controls, etc....she just logged onto yahoo from her aol account and made a new account. This disobedience and disrespect has been going on for quite some time. We've tried lots of things, trying not to ban her completely.....but now it's come down to that. However, short of locking her in her room, if she goes to friend's houses, she will have computer access.

momany
momany 
Idol
momany
In response to daezee

For a little encouragement, here's a picture of my most strong-willed child. No one could tell this one what to do. Now she's making a difference in the world. She delivered both of these babies at her free maternity clinic in Manila.
I'm pretty happy about how she turned out.
Sweet One By Momany

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath
In response to riorabbit

• riorabbit Said:
  • scrappycath Said:
  • daezee Said:

I am not sure that hating is necessary for being a good mom, but I agree that you can do what is needed. If she is not getting the point, then take away the computer. I personally have reached a point I don't care about foul language, but regardles...she is your daughter and you have told her what is acceptable to you. She is not obeying and for that the computer being taken away seems like fair game to me.

There are some much more frightening things out there on the internet than foul language, and to me if you cannot trust her to do as you have asked..then she does not deserve the responsiblity of the internet.

Rio - it's not "real" hating... it's the shallow "I hate you" 'tude that kids give to parents that are actually being parents.

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath
In response to momany

• momany Said:
For a little encouragement, here's a picture of my most strong-willed child. No one could tell this one what to do. Now she's making a difference in the world. She delivered both of these babies at her free maternity clinic in Manila.
Sweet One By Momany

That is wonderful!!! TFS

daezee
daezee 
Diva
daezee
In response to daezee

Rio, I've tried to overlook the foul language, but it has gotten extreme. Please also realize that I am a teacher of 1st grade students. Some of my students have siblings that are my daughter's age. They are on her "buddy list" and therefore, have the opportunity to see the stuff that is on her myspace and facebook. I really don't want the parents of my students thinking that this is acceptable to me, because it is not.

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

Gotta run one boy off to get a gift for a party and then paly some "hoops" with the youngest.

See you later!

daezee
daezee 
Diva
daezee
In response to momany

• momany Said:
Sweet One By Momany

Oh how wonderful! There is hope!

riorabbit
Queen
riorabbit

• scrappycath Said:
  • riorabbit Said:
  • scrappycath Said:
  • daezee Said:

Rio - it's not "real" hating... it's the shallow "I hate you" 'tude that kids give to parents that are actually being parents.

I know...just saying that is not always needed. Not all teens are like that. I spent several years working in youth ministry. I have lots of experience with the teen thing. Most/many have issues with parents at that age. Some really don't. So you can be a good parent without it...more depends on the child. It is normal to have that though as well.

Teens are oddly my fav age to work with. I absolutely love them...they aren't mine though. Makes a huge difference! lol! They generally adore me and want to be like me because I am not the mom!

daezee
daezee 
Diva
daezee

• scrappycath Said:
Gotta run one boy off to get a gift for a party and then paly some "hoops" with the youngest.

See you later!

Have fun Cathy!

c-leaper
Queen
c-leaper
In response to daezee

• daezee Said:

Choose your battles.

Is her language really THAT big of an issue to you? Compared to other things that she could be doing?

I remember when I hit 8th grade (tho' I'm assuming you're talking about DD#1), I thought it was soooooo cool to hang out behind the school during lunch break with my friends and swear up a storm. We'd flirt our butts off. There was one guy in the group - the cutest one, and he knew it - that would've taken me out to the bushes if I'd just said the word. Most of those friends, btw, were the ones who hung out at the Smokers' Tree in high school a couple years later, but I didn't move into that phase with them.

The thing is...it was a phase. It was a teen's way of letting off steam and thumbing my nose at authority in about the only way I could.

There was the night, too, later in high school when a bunch of us were out together one night, and there was a guy that I was kinda "with" for the evening. He'd been drinking something crazy even before we went, so when he got to the house to pick me up, he had to come in and wait a minute. He sat and chatted with my dad. I thought it was hysterically funny that my dad didn't realize this guy had been drunk off his a$$ at the time. And I remember laughing about it with my friends later that evening.

The only difference between that kind of stuff and what you have is that there's a "paper" trail (even if it's cyber-paper). And you found out about it. It doesn't mean she's going to be a horrible adult. It's her way of rebelling, and all teens go through it in some form or other. Even DD, who has been a great daughter, had her times of rebellion - hence the grandbaby we now have, and the smoking phase she went through in the last six months. (It was never a lot, and she has since quit.) (Even gave the last of her only pack to her BFF.)

So I suggest again...choose your battles.

And, of course, there's always the option that says just take what you know now (about her online activities, language, etc.) and...don't necessarily let her know YOU know it...but keep it in mind so you can watch more closely for other stuff later on.

riorabbit
Queen
riorabbit
In response to daezee

• daezee Said:
Rio, I've tried to overlook the foul language, but it has gotten extreme. Please also realize that I am a teacher of 1st grade students. Some of my students have siblings that are my daughter's age. They are on her "buddy list" and therefore, have the opportunity to see the stuff that is on her myspace and facebook. I really don't want the parents of my students thinking that this is acceptable to me, because it is not.

I didn't mean that you should over look it. Sorry if that came across that way. Just stating for me personally... my philosophy tends to lean more towards I don't care about words. However...the attitude used I DO care a lot about. You can say "oh banana" or whatever word. Something totally fine and if you say it with enough attitude I am not ok with it. So it is a bit twisted... I hate the bad attitude and yet could care less about foul language. *shrugs*

Either way...not suggesting anyone else adopt this philosophy. I really just felt it should be a disclaimer because it would be odd for someone who cares so little about it to say yes...take a computer away for it. To me it is not about the langauge, but about you said you wanted x and she did y. Your decision to choose x is totally personal.

If that makes sense...

c-leaper
Queen
c-leaper
In response to momany

• momany Said:

And that's about the best compliment a parent can hope to hear.

daezee
daezee 
Diva
daezee
In response to c-leaper

I'm not even sure it's the foul language that bothers me the most (even though she used some racial slurs that I ABSOLUTELY forbid being used in my house). It's more of the disrespect she has towards me and my requests. She has had multiple chances to comply with my wishes about what she places online, and she has never complied. So I took away the myspace/facebook as a last resort. Now she is being disrespectful by making new ones.
I do pick my battles....trust me....lots of things are "let go". I just don't think respect for me or my rules should be one of them.

daezee
daezee 
Diva
daezee
In response to daezee

Oh...Rio...I didn't take anything you said in a bad way. I have been known to say inappropriate things at times...I'm not a goody two shoes! But, as you said and as I typed before I read your last response...its more about disrespect. Words are words...but a future employer (or my employer) might not think so.

daezee
daezee 
Diva
daezee
In response to daezee

I'm going to do more laundry.

c-leaper
Queen
c-leaper
In response to riorabbit

• riorabbit Said:
Teens are oddly my fav age to work with. I absolutely love them...they aren't mine though. Makes a huge difference! lol! They generally adore me and want to be like me because I am not the mom!

And you're still close enough to their age to be cool.

riorabbit
Queen
riorabbit
In response to c-leaper

• c-leaper Said:
  • riorabbit Said:

And you're still close enough to their age to be cool.

I have seen them adore quite older people though too. It often has more to do with being someone that really loves them, spends time doing fun stuff with them, and is NOT a parent.

riorabbit
Queen
riorabbit
In response to riorabbit

I am now a decade older than most of them. EEK... At the least I am 7 years older than my 18 year olds.

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

Monica, at this point, I would call the parents of all her friends and explain to them that your DD is not allowed on the computer, so if she is at their house, if they could please enforce your restrictions.

I'm mean.

c-leaper
Queen
c-leaper
In response to daezee

• daezee Said:
I'm not even sure it's the foul language that bothers me the most (even though she used some racial slurs that I ABSOLUTELY forbid being used in my house). It's more of the disrespect she has towards me and my requests. She has had multiple chances to comply with my wishes about what she places online, and she has never complied. So I took away the myspace/facebook as a last resort. Now she is being disrespectful by making new ones.
I do pick my battles....trust me....lots of things are "let go". I just don't think respect for me or my rules should be one of them.

And that I agree with.

daezee
daezee 
Diva
daezee

• moxiegirl23 Said:
Monica, at this point, I would call the parents of all her friends and explain to them that your DD is not allowed on the computer, so if she is at their house, if they could please enforce your restrictions.

I'm mean.

daezee
daezee 
Diva
daezee
In response to daezee

Going on a search for my diet dew now....I sat it down somewhere here....hmmmmm

Scrappygal50
Queen
Scrappygal50

• moxiegirl23 Said:

I'm mean.

That's a good one!

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to c-leaper

I'm back for a bit. I finished six pages. Would've gotten more done, but I'm feeling a bit lazy. I'll do more later. Customer and I took a good lunch break and now she's finishing up while I figure out what to do next.

daezee
daezee 
Diva
daezee
In response to daezee

Found two of them

Three Bright Lights
Diva
Three Bright Lights
In response to riorabbit

• riorabbit Said:
  • BlingPrincessRia Said:

That might honestly be a really good idea. For you and Jeremy both. Some days you both might really need a break from the kiddos...especially from Jory unfortunately. I don't think there is anything wrong with doing so. It is not that you are leaving him. You are giving your self a mental health break. Time alone is good! Or time away is good!

Or, in the words of the airline stewardess, "Please secure your own mask firmly about your mouth and nose before attempting to help others." I use that one a lot when I totally need a mental health break.

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

I was in here typing while my customer was in my alcove looking for dies to use for her next LO. She heard a noise and looked in my living room to see a squirrel on my screen. So I went out, saw that it was Spaz and she got to watch me and my squirrels. I had to shut the door because someone joined Spaz and they started to fight, which if you remember from a previous thread, is against the rules.

riorabbit
Queen
riorabbit

Lol...you and your squirrels sound fun Liz! My best friend that I grew up with has a cabin that we go visit a lot during the summer. They used to feed the squirrels on the porch there. I miss it... I need to do a layout of some of the photos of me as a kid on the porch with squirrels.

Three Bright Lights
Diva
Three Bright Lights
In response to daezee

• daezee Said:
  • scrappycath Said:
  • daezee Said:

We've tried the parental controls, etc....she just logged onto yahoo from her aol account and made a new account. This disobedience and disrespect has been going on for quite some time. We've tried lots of things, trying not to ban her completely.....but now it's come down to that. However, short of locking her in her room, if she goes to friend's houses, she will have computer access.

Locking her in her room is a viable option too... and possibly a next step. It might not hurt to give her a heads-up as to what the next consequences might be. Or, as Meg said, how come Ariel got "grinded up."

I don't know if it's viable for you, but I've heard stories of moms who spent a day or two shadowing their kids at school. Funny how public humiliation makes a kid smarten up really fast!

Three Bright Lights
Diva
Three Bright Lights
In response to daezee

• daezee Said:
Found two of them

LOL... two Diet Dews you mean? Could you send one over here? Diet Dew was not on sale this week and I flatly refuse to pay more than $1.00 for a 2 liter bottle of soda, so it's Diet Cherry Coke for me this weekend, which is just NOT the same.

c-leaper
Queen
c-leaper
In response to daezee

• daezee Said:
Going on a search for my diet dew now....I sat it down somewhere here....hmmmmm

Across the room, just inside the door.

Scrappygal50
Queen
Scrappygal50

Dh just called from work and told me he wants to take me out to dinner tonight. I agreed, I just hope I don't fall asleep in my dinner plate.

Page 5 of 25 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics