Username Post: Virtual Crop Week #57 Baby, It's WARM outside!        (Topic#1458675)
Tink-Hildur
Diva
Tink-Hildur
In response to BlingQueenRia

he he ... I used to have all of them ... but I closed everything but MSN since its the least time consuming for me ....

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

Ria

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia
In response to scrappycath

Thanks, Cathy.

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia

I currently have AIM and Yahoo because I can take them with me on my phone. I think I can use MSN on my phone, too.

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

CAUGHT UP!!!

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

no you're not. you didn't read this post yet!

Tink-Hildur
Diva
Tink-Hildur

Ria .... Liz/Moxie is using Yahoo and it worked ... she know the trick to it ....

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath
In response to moxiegirl23

• moxiegirl23 Said:

Here - have another beer! This is fun!

Tink-Hildur
Diva
Tink-Hildur

• BlingPrincessRia Said:
I currently have AIM and Yahoo because I can take them with me on my phone. I think I can use MSN on my phone, too.

my brother has Verzion and he uses MSN ... I know since I'm always chatting with him when hes in class ...

Tink-Hildur
Diva
Tink-Hildur
In response to Tink-Hildur

I'm watching the first episode of Eureka and it kept bugging me I knew Allison from somewhere and then I figured it out shes in I am Legend ...

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

I brought my tablet home from work so that I could sit on the sofa with the boys and chat with you ladies (via my wireless)... tried it last night, but I could not access my wireless. It worked before. Don't know what changed!

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

• scrappycath Said:
I brought my tablet home from work so that I could sit on the sofa with the boys and chat with you ladies (via my wireless)... tried it last night, but I could not access my wireless. It worked before. Don't know what changed!

Was going to try again tonight.... I'll elt you know what happens.

Tink-Hildur
Diva
Tink-Hildur

I have wireless all over the house ... I can even chat with you guys in the bathroom ... I don't though ... but sometimes in bed if I cant fall asleep ...

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

• scrappycath Said:
  • moxiegirl23 Said:

Here - have another beer! This is fun!

I need to finish beer #1, first.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

• Tink-Hildur Said:
I have wireless all over the house ... I can even chat with you guys in the bathroom ... I don't though ... but sometimes in bed if I cant fall asleep ...

That's good to know.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to Vivian loves BLING

Everything is unpacked and put away. I'm now blinging the layouts that I did today.

DawnInAZ
Queen
DawnInAZ
In response to daezee

• daezee Said:
A few minutes ago, I discovered dd has made herself a new Myspace page. Now dh has grounded her from the computer completely. She is also grounded from going anywhere or using the phone. She is SO disrespectful. She can't even humor us while we're talking to her by not giving us dirty looks. I'm so sad that my precious little girl has turned into this. AND I have two more to go.

Monica? Is this the same DD who just made cheerleading? There's your "OMG-NO-MOM!" new threat to make to her.
Just be ready to carry it through. I am glad your hubby did the computer ban. But is she on computers at her friend's home?

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia

• Tink-Hildur Said:
Ria .... Liz/Moxie is using Yahoo and it worked ... she know the trick to it ....

Thanks, Tink, she's going to show me as soon as I get dinner fixed. I'm making cheesy-melt Hamburger Helper. Looked good in the store.

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia

• Tink-Hildur Said:

I can access sb.com from my phone, but it is a pitifully slow process and I can't sign in. But I CAN keep up with the threads even if I can't respond.

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia

If I ever DO get an iPhone, you can bet where I'LL be on the weekends I work. Manager puts me in back, on drive-through headset and cash. And I'm allowed to play with my phone back there.

DawnInAZ
Queen
DawnInAZ

• BlingPrincessRia Said:
We're getting ready to leave here in a few minutes. My head is pounding, I think I could've been OVER this cold by now if I didn't have added stress of Jory instigating all the fighting and all the hullaballoo. I don't know what I'm going to do. One of these days, Jeremy may very well come home to find Jory alone and me and Lizzie gone. I don't want it to get to that point, I really don't. But I'm tired of the way things are, too.

Ria, please don't even suggest that you would do this. Abandoning your son would only make the situation worse for all of you.
Have you thought about involving Jory in some martial arts classes or something to redirect his energy, something he would be interested in?

Tink-Hildur
Diva
Tink-Hildur

• Bling Fairy Vivian Said:
  • Tink-Hildur Said:

That's good to know.

I live in a penthouse apartment on the 4 and 5 floor ... the top two floors ... so we have 5 access points in the apartment ... and DH wanted the wireless to be accessible everywhere ... don't know why we would need it in the bathroom ... but he made sure anyways ... its a man thing I think ...

I'm so strange that I don't even answer the phone if I'm helping the girls in the bathroom I leave it outside while I do it ... I know strange ...

DawnInAZ
Queen
DawnInAZ
In response to DawnInAZ

• DawnInAZ Said:
  • BlingPrincessRia Said:
We're getting ready to leave here in a few minutes. My head is pounding, I think I could've been OVER this cold by now if I didn't have added stress of Jory instigating all the fighting and all the hullaballoo. I don't know what I'm going to do. One of these days, Jeremy may very well come home to find Jory alone and me and Lizzie gone. I don't want it to get to that point, I really don't. But I'm tired of the way things are, too.

Ria, please don't even suggest that you would do this. Abandoning your son would only make the situation worse for all of you.
Have you thought about involving Jory in some martial arts classes or something to redirect his energy, something he would be interested in?

Or even doing some family counselling? His hormones starting to rage in the soon coming couple years will only make it harder.

Tink-Hildur
Diva
Tink-Hildur

• BlingPrincessRia Said:
If I ever DO get an iPhone, you can bet where I'LL be on the weekends I work. Manager puts me in back, on drive-through headset and cash. And I'm allowed to play with my phone back there.

DH was going to get me a iPhone for Christmas and I said NO ... and now I'm regretting that ...

the girls might get their own iPod for the surgeries this summer and I might get myself a iPhone ... I would have already if it didn't mean a big lecture from DH involving I TOLD YOU SO ...

DawnInAZ
Queen
DawnInAZ
In response to c-leaper

• c-leaper Said:
  • DawnInAZ Said:

I am fairly sure I have pink eye.

I'm guessing that means absolutely no working until it's cleared up?

Well I woke up this morning, had some bad allergies, but my eye is tons better. Strange!!

I would have gotten on pink eye meds and would have not been contagious after being on them 24 hours.

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia
In response to DawnInAZ

• DawnInAZ Said:
  • DawnInAZ Said:
  • BlingPrincessRia Said:

Or even doing some family counselling? His hormones starting to rage in the soon coming couple years will only make it harder.

He's in individual counseling with two therapists and he sees a psychiatrist. We refuse to put him in martial arts because we fear he would get angry and use it on us. (If we put him in it, it would be a family affair, but we can't afford that.) And he wouldn't be abandoned, he'd be with Jeremy. Because I'd call him and let him know what was going on and would wait until Jeremy walked in the door and then I would walk out. Because I am at the end of my rope. If you'll read on, Dawny, you'll see we had a LONG talk this afternoon and I certainly hope that we have reached him at last.

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath
In response to DawnInAZ

Tea is ready - brb

DawnInAZ
Queen
DawnInAZ

• scrappycath Said:
  • daezee Said:
I just read an instant message my daughter was participating in with one of her friends. Major foul language and inappropriate things....What would you do? I am totally at a loss. I have asked her repeatedly not to use foul language. I have taken away her Myspace and Facebook because of the foul language on there.
Do I take the computer away completely? She already hates me. I just don't know what to do.

OMG! This is so difficult to deal with. If she "hates" you then you are doing a great job at being her Mom!! Personallly, I would take the computer away for some period of time.

How old is she? Have you thought about parental controls on what sites she can visit and/or time limits for internet access?

Cath, kids are really computer smart these days. They can figure out how to get around things. My suggestion, after her computer ban is over: is there a way to bring the computer out to a VERY visible place so that whichever child is on the computer is watched like a hawk? And rules would be, if mom or dad are not in that same room, then no computer time.
(I would be such a mean momma.)

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

ok - water is ready - tea is steeping

DawnInAZ
Queen
DawnInAZ

• BlingPrincessRia Said:
  • DawnInAZ Said:
  • DawnInAZ Said:
  • BlingPrincessRia Said:

He's in individual counseling with two therapists and he sees a psychiatrist. We refuse to put him in martial arts because we fear he would get angry and use it on us. (If we put him in it, it would be a family affair, but we can't afford that.) And he wouldn't be abandoned, he'd be with Jeremy. Because I'd call him and let him know what was going on and would wait until Jeremy walked in the door and then I would walk out. Because I am at the end of my rope. If you'll read on, Dawny, you'll see we had a LONG talk this afternoon and I certainly hope that we have reached him at last.

Ooops...reading on....

BTW, when kids are trained in martial arts, the cardinal rule is to NEVER EVER use them in anger on others. Maybe some of the Iphone money could be used on those kinds of things to keep peace in your home?

DawnInAZ
Queen
DawnInAZ
In response to momany

• momany Said:
For a little encouragement, here's a picture of my most strong-willed child. No one could tell this one what to do. Now she's making a difference in the world. She delivered both of these babies at her free maternity clinic in Manila.
I'm pretty happy about how she turned out.
Sweet One By Momany

love when that happens!!!
Thanks for sharing this!

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath
In response to DawnInAZ

OK - one of the IT guys changed something on my work computer - and now it won't recognize my home wireless. I don't feel like re-installing/configuring it.... so I have the tablet hardwired to my router and am sitting in my desk chair turned so I can face the family and watch movie with them while chatting here.

Only it's a really tiny keyboard - so expect even more typos from me!!! Sorry!!

DawnInAZ
Queen
DawnInAZ
In response to daezee

• daezee Said:
Rio, I've tried to overlook the foul language, but it has gotten extreme. Please also realize that I am a teacher of 1st grade students. Some of my students have siblings that are my daughter's age. They are on her "buddy list" and therefore, have the opportunity to see the stuff that is on her myspace and facebook. I really don't want the parents of my students thinking that this is acceptable to me, because it is not.

As far as I am concerned, foul language is disrespectful and unneeded.
I used to cuss like a sailor, so I am one who used to do it all the time.
I know moms who have a rule with their teens that cussing is not allowed in the home ever. They know they cannot control what happens outside the home, for the most part.
Myspace/facebook for non-adults (pre-teens and teens) seems to be a very nasty place. I have co workers who have shown me some of their kids' spaces "proudly" and they mostly have F bombs all over them, some have guns, some have half naked girls, and all are just not real good in general. Not saying that there are teens out there who use them for purely OK purposes. But from what I have seen, its no where for pre-teens/teens.IMO

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia
In response to DawnInAZ

[quote=DawnInAZ][quote=Bl ingPrincessRia][quote=Daw nInAZ][quote=DawnInAZ][qu ote=BlingPrincessRia]We'r e getting ready to leave here in a few minutes. My head is pounding, I think I could've been OVER this cold by now if I didn't have added stress of Jory instigating all the fighting and all the hullaballoo. I don't know what I'm going to do. One of these days, Jeremy may very well come home to find Jory alone and me and Lizzie gone. I don't want it to get to that point, I really don't. But I'm tired of the way things are, too.
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]
Ooops...reading on....

BTW, when kids are trained in martial arts, the cardinal rule is to NEVER EVER use them in anger on others. Maybe some of the Iphone money could be used on those kinds of things to keep peace in your home?

[/quote]
Just because that may be the cardinal rule, that doesn't mean that Jory will obey it. He doesn't obey the house rules. And the iPhone money wouldn't be enough for the martial arts. But thank you for the idea.

DawnInAZ
Queen
DawnInAZ
In response to c-leaper

bbiab

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

I got some papers at Target the other day that were pretty cute. In the $1 spot. Wedding themed. Thought I could use them for a friends wedding we have coming up in May, and the anniversary book I'm doing for my folks

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia
In response to DawnInAZ

• DawnInAZ Said:

So...what are your feelings on FOWL language??? Or am I...egging you on????

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

I say the book I am *doing* for my folks.... actually it is a book I'm hoping to do for my folks anniv!!! Just need time to get to it!!

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

• BlingPrincessRia Said:
  • DawnInAZ Said:

You do *crack* me up Ria!

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia

Oh, Jory's therapist today asked to see some pictures. So Jory volunteers the information that Momma scraps, and he has a nice scrapbook he can bring and show off. I'm considering putting together his mini-book quickly and letting him just take that rather than taking one of the big 12x12 books.

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia

• scrappycath Said:
  • BlingPrincessRia Said:
  • DawnInAZ Said:

You do *crack* me up Ria!

It's been a rough day...I need to laugh...

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

Pepper - normally a maniac, is laying on dh's chest while dh is relaxing in the recliner of the sofa! So cute!

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

Laughter is good medicine Ria

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

• BlingPrincessRia Said:
Oh, Jory's therapist today asked to see some pictures. So Jory volunteers the information that Momma scraps, and he has a nice scrapbook he can bring and show off. I'm considering putting together his mini-book quickly and letting him just take that rather than taking one of the big 12x12 books.

See?? Scrapping is good therapy!!!

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

• Tink-Hildur Said:
  • Tink-Hildur Said:

That's good to know.

I live in a penthouse apartment on the 4 and 5 floor ... the top two floors ... so we have 5 access points in the apartment ... and DH wanted the wireless to be accessible everywhere ... don't know why we would need it in the bathroom ... but he made sure anyways ... its a man thing I think ...

I'm so strange that I don't even answer the phone if I'm helping the girls in the bathroom I leave it outside while I do it ... I know strange ...

I'll watch online shows in the tub. Dh wanted access all over the house, too. But that's his job, well, old job. New job is mostly web developing. I won't tell on him.

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

My router signal will reach all through out our unit, but sometimes I need my external wireless adapter to get decent signal in the bedroom.

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia

• scrappycath Said:
  • BlingPrincessRia Said:

See?? Scrapping is good therapy!!!

Not to mention a wonderful stress-reliever for ME>

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia

• moxiegirl23 Said:
My router signal will reach all through out our unit, but sometimes I need my external wireless adapter to get decent signal in the bedroom.

Mine gets the best signal in the living room....I get decent signal in the bedroom, and don't even think of taking Lappy out of the apartment. It was supposed to give me signal all over the complex, but it doesn't.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

I can pick up my dd's network at my house and visa versa.

DawnInAZ
Queen
DawnInAZ
In response to c-leaper

• c-leaper Said:
  • daezee Said:
I just read an instant message my daughter was participating in with one of her friends. Major foul language and inappropriate things....What would you do? I am totally at a loss. I have asked her repeatedly not to use foul language. I have taken away her Myspace and Facebook because of the foul language on there.
Do I take the computer away completely? She already hates me. I just don't know what to do.

Choose your battles.

Is her language really THAT big of an issue to you? Compared to other things that she could be doing?

I remember when I hit 8th grade (tho' I'm assuming you're talking about DD#1), I thought it was soooooo cool to hang out behind the school during lunch break with my friends and swear up a storm. We'd flirt our butts off. There was one guy in the group - the cutest one, and he knew it - that would've taken me out to the bushes if I'd just said the word. Most of those friends, btw, were the ones who hung out at the Smokers' Tree in high school a couple years later, but I didn't move into that phase with them.

The thing is...it was a phase. It was a teen's way of letting off steam and thumbing my nose at authority in about the only way I could.

There was the night, too, later in high school when a bunch of us were out together one night, and there was a guy that I was kinda "with" for the evening. He'd been drinking something crazy even before we went, so when he got to the house to pick me up, he had to come in and wait a minute. He sat and chatted with my dad. I thought it was hysterically funny that my dad didn't realize this guy had been drunk off his a$$ at the time. And I remember laughing about it with my friends later that evening.

The only difference between that kind of stuff and what you have is that there's a "paper" trail (even if it's cyber-paper). And you found out about it. It doesn't mean she's going to be a horrible adult. It's her way of rebelling, and all teens go through it in some form or other. Even DD, who has been a great daughter, had her times of rebellion - hence the grandbaby we now have, and the smoking phase she went through in the last six months. (It was never a lot, and she has since quit.) (Even gave the last of her only pack to her BFF.)

So I suggest again...choose your battles.

And, of course, there's always the option that says just take what you know now (about her online activities, language, etc.) and...don't necessarily let her know YOU know it...but keep it in mind so you can watch more closely for other stuff later on.

Excellent points Jenni!

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath
In response to DawnInAZ

The boys decided they wanted to watch Home Alone tonight

Tink-Hildur
Diva
Tink-Hildur

DH is annoying the ******** out of me right now ... he just does not understand that when I'm in the kitchen (BTW I'm the only one in the family that does not have my own space in the apartment ....
that it does mean that he cant come in and talk to me or stand around and eat for a long time ...

He does not understand the meaning of ME time ... and when I get pissed he says that it his house too ... and that I'm being a Bit** .... I just want ME time ... he went out for 5 hours today to just drive around and have fun ... but I was here with the girls and cleaning and stuff ....

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

Tink

Tink-Hildur
Diva
Tink-Hildur

• BlingPrincessRia Said:
  • moxiegirl23 Said:

Mine gets the best signal in the living room....I get decent signal in the bedroom, and don't even think of taking Lappy out of the apartment. It was supposed to give me signal all over the complex, but it doesn't.

I get a great signal in the yard and out in front of my apartment building ... and thats 5 floors down ...

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

I've been in my hammock on the porch and chatting. Love that!

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

Tink That *me* time is so important. Why don't guys get it?

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

• moxiegirl23 Said:

Did oyu finish the beer?

DawnInAZ
Queen
DawnInAZ
In response to Three Bright Lights

• Three Bright Lights Said:

Locking her in her room is a viable option too... and possibly a next step. It might not hurt to give her a heads-up as to what the next consequences might be. Or, as Meg said, how come Ariel got "grinded up."

I don't know if it's viable for you, but I've heard stories of moms who spent a day or two shadowing their kids at school. Funny how public humiliation makes a kid smarten up really fast!

Just the THREAT of it might be enough.

DawnInAZ
Queen
DawnInAZ

• moxiegirl23 Said:

super cool!

c-leaper
Queen
c-leaper
In response to daezee

• daezee Said:
Jenni...send your dh to my house to dust...I'll come there and crop.

Works for me.

He's also very good at sweeping and mopping.

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

My dh is rarely home, between all of his commitments and then emergency calls, so when he is home he expects that I will drop everything to pay attention to him. Well, that's not always possible! And sometimes, that's just not what I want to do! Especially since I basically operate as a single parent/homekeeper since he is not around. When he is here - I just want time to myself!

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

Ria - I'm having some Tension Tamer tea - just for you!

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia

Thanks, Cathy! I'm eating dinner (probably part of the reason for my splitting headache) and then plan to scrap the rest of the evening away.

DawnInAZ
Queen
DawnInAZ

• moxiegirl23 Said:
Warning. The following vid could seriously affect any serious sci-fi buffs. Plus sit and refrain from drinking anything during viewing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GROR9jHuZDg

John and I used to make a point of watching the season preview shows on Sci-fi. I think it might have been season 6 when Amanda Tapping starts yelling at RDA "I'm stuck on an iceberg with MACGUYVER!"

Even now, John and I will just look at each other and say it.

Did you read the names of the characters in the show? MacTeal'c?

Tink-Hildur
Diva
Tink-Hildur

• scrappycath Said:

I don't know ... but he does it every time ... and I keep telling him and have for the past 12 years .. that I hate listening to him eat since he does it really loudly .... and when he is tired its worse and when I'm tired I cant stand it .....

and then he stands over me and eats when all I want is to be left alone and have peace and quiet .... he tells me Ive had that all day .... as if ...

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

• scrappycath Said:
  • moxiegirl23 Said:

Did oyu finish the beer?

Yup. I didn't mean that tonight I've been in the hammock - it's not out yet, the porch is covered with winter mess. Just that in the past, I've been in the hammock chatting.

c-leaper
Queen
c-leaper

• BlingPrincessRia Said:
I am here. I think. I have had a horrid day. Jory was a horse's behind all day, we went to CAPA, and he's going to work with his therapist on some anger management. He confided in me that he has a lot of anger from what happened to him. I reminded him that it still wasn't fair for him to take it all out on me and his sister.

Jeremy came home about ten minutes after we did, and we sent Lizzie to her room and the three of us had a long heart-to-heart talk. I now have a headache, but I think it'll go away soon. (I took some more DayQuil and I'm drinking Diet Coke.) I always have a headache after long, intensely personal talks. (I think part of the headache involves switching, though.) I'll be starting dinner shortly, "Cheesy Melt" Hamburger Helper. Sounded good, so I bought it.

We really, REALLY hope we reached Jory. Jeremy explained why he treats his mother like poo. To make a long story short, his mother was verbally, emotionally, and physically abusive...now she can still sometimes be verbally and emotionally abusive, but Jeremy stands up for himself and it makes her SO mad. (Much to MY amusement. I know that's wrong, but still.) I then piped in with the facts that I never treated Jory like that.

Where MIL told DH stuff like she wished he'd never been born, she wished he'd been a girl, and he'd never amount to anything, I in turn told Jory stuff like he was smart enough to do whatever he wanted in life, I loved him, I couldn't imagine my life without him. Whenever I remind him of how I dressed him as a baby (overalls, baseball caps, soft baby booties made to look like high-topped sneakers) he laughs.

So Jeremy has reason to hate his mother; Jory has NO reason to disrespect me or treat me the way he does. Which makes Jeremy furious. I told Jory that his dad and I are close enough that when Jory disses me, Jeremy gets mad and when Jory disses Jeremy, I get mad.

Basically it was a long talk, ended with Jeremy revealing my DID, which I wasn't ready to reveal yet. But it probably explained a LOT to him. Mom still likes to play with dolls with Lizzie, Mom still likes to sit and watch kiddie movies with them both ("VeggieTales" are favorites all around), Mom still keeps Crayola in business.

I have a headache...I am now trying to unwind and employ one of my own coping mechanisms. Creativity. I'm trying to work on Tinkerbrat's BoBunny book for just a bit, and when Jeremy gets back (from running an errand) I'll start dinner, and after dinner be back most of the evening.

{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{RIA }}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

I made a decent dinner tonight. Roasted pork chops. I marinaded them in a mix of sliced granny smith apples, some bay leaf, rosemary, salt pepper, oregano and a little wine. They turned out succulent and delicious - if I do say so myself!

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia

• scrappycath Said:

I have no clue. I need "me" time at least once a week or else I will go stark raving MAD. Mad, I tell ya, MAD!

DawnInAZ
Queen
DawnInAZ

• Tink-Hildur Said:
Is Ricky Martin gay? Is that true?

if hes not hes so confused ... hes like uber gayish ...

Would it really surprise anyone?

c-leaper
Queen
c-leaper
In response to Scrappygal50

• Jesus Rocks Said:
Well girls, time for me to go meet dh for dinner. I'll catch up later! At least I'll try.

And you'll tell us where you went...and what you ate...so we can all live vicariously.

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

• moxiegirl23 Said:
  • scrappycath Said:
  • moxiegirl23 Said:

Did oyu finish the beer?

Yup. I didn't mean that tonight I've been in the hammock - it's not out yet, the porch is covered with winter mess. Just that in the past, I've been in the hammock chatting.

Aww shoot, Liz. I was imagining you all relaxed in the hammock - thinking wow, it must have warmed up a bit there! Wondering if the squirrels would join you!

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to DawnInAZ

• DawnInAZ Said:
  • Tink-Hildur Said:

J-Lo? 'Cause aren't they married and have kids?

BlingPrincessMarci
Diva
BlingPrincessMarci
In response to c-leaper

decided not to catch up.. rather to scrap.... now im just having a hard time deciding what pp to use

was an eventful day at work... we are pretty sure that someone tried to break into the store last night. the back doors are glass and its a doorway into a doorway (like in a lot of store) but we dont use those doors, we use the vestibule for fixtures and tables... anyway.. glass on one of the doors was shattered and there was a bullet hole in it.. the glass was still intact by the pressure.. but a strong wind could break it. s we called the cop and reported it.

there have been a lot of break-ins in Warsaw lately.. a lot of business have been hit and they are starting to go to houses now

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

• scrappycath Said:

I was thinking of a glass of Sangria but I think Tension Tamer tea may be just what I need right now. off to fix a cup.

DawnInAZ
Queen
DawnInAZ
In response to c-leaper

• c-leaper Said:
Dear husband whom I love and adore....

When you say you'll need 5 minutes to dust, please take 5 minutes, dust, and then exit my "me" space.

Do not assume, that because I sat down at the scrap table, it means I no longer want to be on the computer, and therefore you have free rein to use the computer to scan a bunch of stuff just now. Please wait until I am busy downstairs fixing dinner or dealing with the baby and use the computer at that time.

Do not look over at where I am using my Cricut and see the USB port and assume it now counts as an "electronic toy" which gives you free rein to find out all about it that you can online.

If I cared about the purpose or capability of the USB port, I would have researched it myself sometime within the 15 months that I have owned said Cricut. (IOW, I would've asked my VCW sisters. There's always someone there who knows the answer to everything.)

If I was interested in signing up for the Cricut newsletter that you discovered as you researched the purpose and capabilities of the USB port, I would have done so before today.

And if I cared about the Cricut forum, I would be spending my time there already.

Oh. The ball game's on? You're going to go watch it now? Okay. Thank you. [quickly closing door behind dear husband whom I love and adore...]

c-leaper
Queen
c-leaper

• moxiegirl23 Said:

*SNORT*

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath
In response to BlingPrincessMarci

Goodness Marci. Glad it was when noone was there working!

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia

• moxiegirl23 Said:
  • DawnInAZ Said:
  • Tink-Hildur Said:

No, no, Liz, J Lo isn't married to Ricky Martin, she's married to Marc Anthony. I read Enquirer, Star, and People. For fun. I read serious stuff, too.

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

Hi Jenni! Hi Dawn!

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia

• scrappycath Said:

I was thinking of a glass of Sangria but I think Tension Tamer tea may be just what I need right now. off to fix a cup.

I can't have alcohol right now anyways. Thinking about baking a few cookies later, though. Mom sent over a tub of oatmeal raisin cookie dough, so I am thinking on putting a few cookies in the oven.

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

I'm having some tea - want some?

I really wanted some wine - but I used the last little bit I had on the pork chops

c-leaper
Queen
c-leaper
In response to DawnInAZ

• DawnInAZ Said:
  • c-leaper Said:
  • DawnInAZ Said:

I am fairly sure I have pink eye.

I'm guessing that means absolutely no working until it's cleared up?

Well I woke up this morning, had some bad allergies, but my eye is tons better. Strange!!

I would have gotten on pink eye meds and would have not been contagious after being on them 24 hours.

I just thought that, since you work in a pedi's office, they'd be more particular than usual about any chance of having pink eye around the kids.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

Marci, I skimmed the threads and checked up on the Update Blog (which alot of people haven't been using).

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

• scrappycath Said:
  • moxiegirl23 Said:
  • scrappycath Said:
  • moxiegirl23 Said:

Did oyu finish the beer?

Aww shoot, Liz. I was imagining you all relaxed in the hammock - thinking wow, it must have warmed up a bit there! Wondering if the squirrels would join you!

It warmed up enough that I had the slider open most of the day and I stood out there drinking tonight. But the hammock and the good chairs are still packed away, and the one chair that stayed on the porch all winter has a big puddle of water in the seat from all the rain and the melting.

The squirrels don't like it when we're on the porch. They think we're infringing on their turf. But Bouncy and Spaz both came by for dinner

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia

• scrappycath Said:

I really wanted some wine - but I used the last little bit I had on the pork chops

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

We ended up with a nice day - started out pretty yucky cold cloudy rainy, but improved.

Hoping tomorrow is even better - yard work to be done!

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

I'm out of Tension Tamer but do have plain spearmint tea. So I'm drinking that. Got 6 pages finished. Now for the 16 other pages.

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

• BlingPrincessRia Said:
  • scrappycath Said:

Thanks Ria! but I don't drink soda

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

I'm out of Tension Tamer but do have plain spearmint tea. So I'm drinking that. Got 6 pages finished. Now for the 16 other pages.

I'll fix you a cup Viv! You keep scrapping!

I don't know how you do it!

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

[quote=BlingPrincessRia][ quote=moxiegirl23][quote= DawnInAZ][quote=Tink-Hild ur][quote=Bling Fairy Vivian]Is Ricky Martin gay? Is that true?
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

No, no, Liz, J Lo isn't married to Ricky Martin, she's married to Marc Anthony. I read Enquirer, Star, and People. For fun. I read serious stuff, too.
[/quote]

Then who do I think he's married to? And who is Sarah Michelle Geller married to, because I know I'm confusing her husband with someone else, too!

c-leaper
Queen
c-leaper

• scrappycath Said:

Because we HAPPILY give them all the "them" time they want.

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to c-leaper

• c-leaper Said:
  • scrappycath Said:

That and they just take it anyway. I know that John will hide in the bathroom if he needs a break. All of a sudden he'll decide that his hair needs trimming again or his goatee needs to be darkened. Usually when Abby and I both need to use the bathroom, too!

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath
In response to c-leaper

• c-leaper Said:
  • scrappycath Said:

So true!

c-leaper
Queen
c-leaper

• scrappycath Said:
My dh is rarely home, between all of his commitments and then emergency calls, so when he is home he expects that I will drop everything to pay attention to him. Well, that's not always possible! And sometimes, that's just not what I want to do! Especially since I basically operate as a single parent/homekeeper since he is not around. When he is here - I just want time to myself!

We have some dear friends here in the neighborhood. The dad/hubby was in Iraq and got back last summer. He wanted to go play golf and catch up with his friends. His wife - who had been doing the single working mom thing with two very busy girls - was ready for him to take over some of the parenting...especially the runs here, there and everywhere for the girls' activities. Like she told him, she had waited 10 months for him to come home and help, and it seemed all he wanted to do was go hang out with his friends.

It took awhile, but they found their balance.

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia

I thought I had Yahoo Messenger...I guess that's something I forgot to re-download when I got my new hard drive...it's getting set up now, Liz-Moxie.

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath
In response to c-leaper

At least I don't have it that bad!

foltzy
foltzy 
Governor
foltzy

I can pick up my dd's network at my house and visa versa.

We get the best here at my desk where the router is. There is a huge problem with this trailer that the signal won't let anything get through. Brian can not use the wireless and the room his computer is in is less than 50 feet away. The X-box though has no problem nor does the Wii but they are like 3 feet away from the router. We have no clue what the problem is but we are moving Brian's computer out here closer to mine.

c-leaper
Queen
c-leaper

• scrappycath Said:
Hi Jenni! Hi Dawn!

Hi Cathy!

foltzy
foltzy 
Governor
foltzy

• Tink-Hildur Said:
DH is annoying the ******** out of me right now ... he just does not understand that when I'm in the kitchen (BTW I'm the only one in the family that does not have my own space in the apartment ....
that it does mean that he cant come in and talk to me or stand around and eat for a long time ...

He does not understand the meaning of ME time ... and when I get pissed he says that it his house too ... and that I'm being a Bit** .... I just want ME time ... he went out for 5 hours today to just drive around and have fun ... but I was here with the girls and cleaning and stuff ....

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics