Page 1 of 13 
Username Post: Closed Moved to the Scraproom Challenge        (Topic#1459771)
GrandmaG
Mayor
GrandmaG

Please read carefully:

This “Chat” Thread will only remain open until May 1st. May 1st we will move the chatting to the actual Scraproom Thread. The reason for the two threads is simple, lets start the challenge with a clean thread that has our first posts being only our goals. That way it will be easy for us to find our first post, edit it with our goals, and as we complete our goals go back and strike out what we have completed.

We can chat and get to know each other on this thread while we wait for others to sign-up. May 1st we move to the other thread and start our challenge and move our chatting there.

PLEASE make sure you have at least marked your spot on the Scraproom Challenge Sign- ups – Goals thread. I will have it listed in my signature as a short cut.

Edited by GrandmaG on 04-30-08 09:17 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

GrandmaG
Mayor
GrandmaG
In response to GrandmaG

I hope I haven't confused anyone or come across rude. I'm sorry if I did....

Lets talk here and plan over there until May 1st. Then we can move the talking over there.

I don't know about you guys but I really have to buckle down and finish this challenge soon or I'm going to go nuts! It has been 4 months now since I've scrapped anything. Oh I've been altering things but nothing compares to actual scrapping!!

I can't wait to meet and get to know you all!

Take care, and Have a Great Day!!

GrandmaG
Mayor
GrandmaG
In response to GrandmaG

ooops I posted three times!

Edited by GrandmaG on 04-13-08 08:42 PM. Reason for edit: mistake

scrapbook girl
Idol
scrapbook girl
In response to GrandmaG

Woohoo!! I am so excited about this!!!! Count me in!!

GrandmaG
Mayor
GrandmaG
In response to GrandmaG

Sorry...too much coffee...LOL!

Edited by GrandmaG on 04-13-08 08:43 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

GrandmaG
Mayor
GrandmaG
In response to scrapbook girl

• scrapbook girl Said:
Woohoo!! I am so excited about this!!!! Count me in!!

AWESOME!! Don't forget to mark your spot in the sign up's thread.

scrapbook girl
Idol
scrapbook girl
In response to GrandmaG

l don't think So, l actually like it!

GrandmaG
Mayor
GrandmaG

• scrapbook girl Said:
l don't think So, l actually like it!

ok...just wanting to make sure.

scrapbook girl
Idol
scrapbook girl
In response to GrandmaG

• GrandmaG Said:
Sorry...too much coffee...LOL!

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

Hey, Janet!

I signed up on the other thread.

How many times have you done this challenge so far?

GrandmaG
Mayor
GrandmaG
In response to Vivian loves BLING

AWESOME!!!! It's gona feel like old times!!! LOL! After all it was you who got me to dreaming about the perfect room for me.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to GrandmaG

Time to make dreams come true, huh?

GrandmaG
Mayor
GrandmaG

Yep! I just never knew how much "in living color" my dreams really were.

and to think all the color started with those bright curtains

farnsworth
Idol
farnsworth
In response to GrandmaG

So what does this challenge entail, or is that to be determined later, I need someone to kick me in the butt to finish my scrap room. I have everything in boxes in my kitchen and when I start scrapping I have to move stuff when we want to have dinner, not really condusive.

Scrappin Kitty
Governor
Scrappin Kitty
In response to farnsworth

I want to do this too. At this point you can't even see the top of my desk, and scrapping is a hassle to do with out being able to find stuff.

GrandmaG
Mayor
GrandmaG
In response to farnsworth

• farnsworth Said:
So what does this challenge entail, or is that to be determined later, I need someone to kick me in the butt to finish my scrap room. I have everything in boxes in my kitchen and when I start scrapping I have to move stuff when we want to have dinner, not really condusive.

Were here to help cheer you along to get that room done! On the actual sign-up thread I've listed some weekly "get you going" things to do or ideas to to challenge us to complete.

Also we share storage ideas, what has worked for us, and why, and what was a waste of money and why. Some of the ladies in the last challenge came up with some really cost saving ideas too!

Most of all we are here to have fun, dream big, and try to get that scrap space as close to the dream scrap space as our budget allows.

I might pull you by the arm or nudge you a little, but I promise I won't kick you....

GrandmaG
Mayor
GrandmaG
In response to Scrappin Kitty

• Scrappin Kitty Said:
I want to do this too. At this point you can't even see the top of my desk, and scrapping is a hassle to do with out being able to find stuff.

Well your just gona love the first goal then! LOL!

You know it took me while to realize why my desk stayed so junked up, so I sat down and really thought about the way the I scrapped. Then devised a plan.

Josiology
Guru
Josiology
In response to GrandmaG

Hi everyone! Count me in...I've gotten a lot done in my room over the past 3 months, but still have so much more that I want to finish.

GrandmaG
Mayor
GrandmaG
In response to Josiology

Hi Joda!!! WOW Your up really late tonight!

She sure has, Check out Joda's gallery, she has the pretty lavender room I was talking about in the sign-ups thread.

BTW...Don't forget to make an album to load your before, during and after pics to.

GrandmaG
Mayor
GrandmaG
In response to GrandmaG

May I make a suggestion????

Get a note book....You will need it. It will be nice if it is one that you can alter. You will want to keep notes, ideas, prices, etc.. believe me in the long run it will save you some money. Another really good tip, don't jump and buy anything...wait a week or so you might find a better idea that will work for you. I've wasted a lot of money on things I jumped on that just didn't work for me. I've found out that sometimes one expensive item works better than ten cheap ones, and then again thirty cheap things work better than 1 expensive thing. (I'll explain later)

Save things that you see in the gallery to your fav's and refer back to them often....

Well I could chat all night but I need to get to bed.

Ya'll have a Great Night!! {{{when grandmag has problems falling asleep she counts paper jumping into the correct storage container}}} LOL! It works better than counting sheep!

scrappedupmom
Angel
scrappedupmom
In response to GrandmaG

I'm in!

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to scrappedupmom

Vickie!!! This is really starting to feel like old times, now!

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

There's a guy unloading the materials for the building! They still have to level the ground which looks like they will today. So by the end of this week, I may be moving stuff. Probably not my scrap stuff, but still I'm so excited!!!

scrapbook girl
Idol
scrapbook girl

Good Morning!! When can we start? I am going to post my pictures in just a sec.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

I'm wondering if I should take before pix of my room now or the empty room in new building?

scrapbook girl
Idol
scrapbook girl

My empty scrap room!!
By Scrapbook Girl

My empty scrap room ~ view 2
By Scrapbook Girl

My Brother moved out, so I commandeered his old room!! lol!! This is the future site of my scrap haven!!!! He is a Martial artist so plenty of Chinese writing!! I love the red color though, so I won't be painting it.

There is a closet behind the curtain, I always wanted one so I can store my totes when not in use!

TFL!

scrapbook girl
Idol
scrapbook girl

• Bling Fairy Vivian Said:
I'm wondering if I should take before pix of my room now or the empty room in new building?

I Vote you should do both!

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

• scrapbook girl Said:

Thanks, I think I will. Later though.

GrandmaG
Mayor
GrandmaG
In response to scrappedupmom

• scrappedupmom Said:
I'm in!

Yoo Hoo!!

GrandmaG
Mayor
GrandmaG

hehehe.....I still have those ribbon fairy swatters too!

GrandmaG
Mayor
GrandmaG

There's a guy unloading the materials for the building! They still have to level the ground which looks like they will today. So by the end of this week, I may be moving stuff. Probably not my scrap stuff, but still I'm so excited!!!

WOW!!!

GrandmaG
Mayor
GrandmaG

I would do both. Your room now will count as your "before" the move.

Ande
Ande 
Diva
Ande
  • Ande on 04-14-08 06:42 AM
In response to GrandmaG

Hi Everyone Looking forward to getting more done and making more friends...Anyone heard from Celia yet????

GrandmaG
Mayor
GrandmaG

• scrapbook girl Said:

My empty scrap room!!
By Scrapbook Girl

My empty scrap room ~ view 2
By Scrapbook Girl

My Brother moved out, so I commandeered his old room!! lol!! This is the future site of my scrap haven!!!! He is a Martial artist so plenty of Chinese writing!! I love the red color though, so I won't be painting it.

There is a closet behind the curtain, I always wanted one so I can store my totes when not in use!

TFL!

Yoo Hoo!!! I can't wait to see what your going to do!!

GrandmaG
Mayor
GrandmaG

• scrapbook girl Said:

Thanks, I think I will. Later though.

Now don't clean up before you do! I'm sharing my mess, so can you.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to GrandmaG

• GrandmaG Said:

hehehe.....I still have those ribbon fairy swatters too!

I forgot about those.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

I think the dump trucks are gone, so I'd better run while I can.

GrandmaG
Mayor
GrandmaG

I know your taking pics of everything right?

scrapinboyz
Expert
scrapinboyz
In response to GrandmaG

I'm going to give this a shot...sign-in on the other thread. I'll try and get some before pictures this week but I've got to move DH's stuff first LOL Can't wait to meet you all.

GrandmaG
Mayor
GrandmaG
In response to Ande

• Ande Said:
Hi Everyone Looking forward to getting more done and making more friends...Anyone heard from Celia yet????

I haven't and there are no updates on her blog....I'm worried! I hope she is ok.

GrandmaG
Mayor
GrandmaG
In response to scrapinboyz

• scrapinboyz Said:
I'm going to give this a shot...sign-in on the other thread. I'll try and get some before pictures this week but I've got to move DH's stuff first LOL Can't wait to meet you all.

Welcome!! Ah don't move his stuff...the before pic's will show what you actually started with...the messier the better, great pis to compare with end result pics!

GrandmaG
Mayor
GrandmaG
In response to GrandmaG

Don't forget to get little note book/journal book. Set your budget, we don't want you over spending, and start looking around your space and jot down the changes you want to see take place.

Also keep your receipts and ideas in this book. You will love looking back at it months and years from now.

I'm off to get ready for work....

You all have a Great Day!!!

AshleyNicole*83
Veteran
AshleyNicole*83
In response to GrandmaG

Yeah! I'm so excited that you're doing another challenge! I've been admiring all of the scraproom photos in the gallery for several months now!

I finally found my way to the forums this week when I gave in to the pressure & set up my account. (I figure if I'm going to spend as much time on the site as I do, I may as well be a part of it!)

Devine Scrapper
Mayor
Devine Scrapper
In response to AshleyNicole*83

Hi Janet....
I want to be signed up also I wnt to finish my room now that I'm healthy again...
Hugs, Nicki

scrapinboyz
Expert
scrapinboyz
In response to GrandmaG

• GrandmaG Said:
  • scrapinboyz Said:

Welcome!! Ah don't move his stuff...the before pic's will show what you actually started with...the messier the better, great pis to compare with end result pics!

LOL you asked for it! I've created an album for the challenge...look if you dare LOL

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to GrandmaG

• GrandmaG Said:

Oh, yeah. The work guys already think I'm nuts taking so many pix.

Scrappin Kitty
Governor
Scrappin Kitty
In response to GrandmaG

• GrandmaG Said:
  • Scrappin Kitty Said:

You know it took me while to realize why my desk stayed so junked up, so I sat down and really thought about the way the I scrapped. Then devised a plan.

LOL I started on the first challange last night, I kinda figured that one would take longer than the alloted week

Scrappin Kitty
Governor
Scrappin Kitty

• AshleyNicole*83 Said:
Yeah! I'm so excited that you're doing another challenge! I've been admiring all of the scraproom photos in the gallery for several months now!

I finally found my way to the forums this week when I gave in to the pressure & set up my account. (I figure if I'm going to spend as much time on the site as I do, I may as well be a part of it!)

Welcome to sb.com !!

Scrappin Kitty
Governor
Scrappin Kitty
In response to Devine Scrapper

• Devine Scrapper Said:
Hi Janet....
I want to be signed up also I wnt to finish my room now that I'm healthy again...
Hugs, Nicki

YEA!!! Glad your here sis, you and Diane's fun last round are the reasons I decided to join this one

doriscraps
Mayor
doriscraps

OK, I know my room is done but I'm joining again! I may find new inspiration about something I have to change!!

Scrappin Kitty
Governor
Scrappin Kitty
In response to doriscraps

Quick QU, is the budget for scraping supplies for 12 weeks, or for orgnisational supplies?? LOL That would make a pretty big diffrence in my book

Baby2Thousnd
Mayor
Baby2Thousnd

Hi ladies! I would love to take a stab at this! My space is small and in my bedroom. It always seems that My desk is never neat! lol
Scrappin Kitty A.K.A Amanda told me about this thread!! Thanks Amanda, I can use all the help that I can get! lol

scrapbook girl
Idol
scrapbook girl
In response to Baby2Thousnd

Hey everyone! Just checking in!!

I think I will not set a budget, I am just going to do everything as low cost as possible!! lol! If that is possible!

I was just thinking that I want to alter my spice rack...... And I think I will do and oriental theme to go along with the writing on the walls and also the red paint.

ange
ange 
Diva
ange
  • ange on 04-14-08 07:04 PM

Hi ladies!!

Scrappin Kitty
Governor
Scrappin Kitty

• Baby2Thousnd Said:
Hi ladies! I would love to take a stab at this! My space is small and in my bedroom. It always seems that My desk is never neat! lol
Scrappin Kitty A.K.A Amanda told me about this thread!! Thanks Amanda, I can use all the help that I can get! lol

Your welcome I figured all of us chatter box girls could use this one

GrandmaG
Mayor
GrandmaG

• AshleyNicole*83 Said:

AWESOME!!!! Welcome to the community!

GrandmaG
Mayor
GrandmaG
In response to Devine Scrapper

• Devine Scrapper Said:
Hi Janet....
Hugs, Nicki

I'm so glad your going for another round and I'm praying that you stay healthy this go round too! I sure missed the famous Nicki hugs!!

GrandmaG
Mayor
GrandmaG
In response to scrapinboyz

• scrapinboyz Said:
  • GrandmaG Said:
  • scrapinboyz Said:

LOL you asked for it! I've created an album for the challenge...look if you dare LOL

It's not too bad....should have seen mine at the beginning of the last challenge. I can't wait to see your finished area!!

GrandmaG
Mayor
GrandmaG

• GrandmaG Said:

Oh, yeah. The work guys already think I'm nuts taking so many pix.

just tell them you are a professional scrapper and it takes a thousand shots to get that one perfect picture for a LO! LOL!

GrandmaG
Mayor
GrandmaG

• Scrappin Kitty Said:
  • GrandmaG Said:
  • Scrappin Kitty Said:

LOL I started on the first challange last night, I kinda figured that one would take longer than the alloted week

yep...looks like it's gona take me a full 6 to 7 months...LOL! (the hardest part for me was the first four months)...mmmmmm...one would think I was giving birth!

GrandmaG
Mayor
GrandmaG

• doriscraps Said:
OK, I know my room is done but I'm joining again! I may find new inspiration about something I have to change!!

Yoo HOO!!! I'm so glad your going to join us!!

GrandmaG
Mayor
GrandmaG

• Baby2Thousnd Said:

Hi there!!

no problem...we have small spaces and large spaces. The hardest part is finding your way of keeping it clean and organized.

GrandmaG
Mayor
GrandmaG

• scrapbook girl Said:
Hey everyone! Just checking in!!

I think I will not set a budget, I am just going to do everything as low cost as possible!! lol! If that is possible!

I was just thinking that I want to alter my spice rack...... And I think I will do and oriental theme to go along with the writing on the walls and also the red paint.

I like that idea and can't wait to see it!!

I'm hosting a Monthly Altering challenge too post your pics there also if you want when your finished. (I'm hoping to finish my spice rack tomorrow)

Margy
Margy 
Queen
Margy
  • Margy on 04-14-08 09:19 PM
In response to GrandmaG

Okay I have a question... Say if I wanted to sign up for a challenge how would I go about doing it? I've never done a challenge before! Thanks for the help!

GrandmaG
Mayor
GrandmaG
In response to ange

• ange Said:
Hi ladies!!

Hello my friend!! I'm so glad your joining us for another round!

GrandmaG
Mayor
GrandmaG
In response to Margy

• Margy Said:
Okay I have a question... Say if I wanted to sign up for a challenge how would I go about doing it? I've never done a challenge before! Thanks for the help!

If your wanting to sign up here, just go to the sign-up thread and mark your spot. You can go back to that marked spot and edit it later with your goals...and even later striking through what you have finished.

Any challenge that's open you can jump in. There are so many friendly people on here, just ask we will help you along and before you know it you'll be hooked to challenges!

Margy
Margy 
Queen
Margy
  • Margy on 04-14-08 09:30 PM
In response to GrandmaG

Don't kill me, but where's the sign-up thread?

Margy
Margy 
Queen
Margy
  • Margy on 04-14-08 09:32 PM
In response to Margy

Oh wait... nevermind, Like my mom likes to say, "Open your eyes, Margy!" I think I got it figured out! Thank you!

GrandmaG
Mayor
GrandmaG
In response to Margy

• Margy Said:
Don't kill me, but where's the sign-up thread?

The last one in my signature....I know it's a little confusing. We will move the chatting over to the other thread May 1st. It'll be easier then with one thread to chat on.

GrandmaG
Mayor
GrandmaG
In response to GrandmaG

ok I posted my album link on the other thread and my long, long list of goals.

I'm off to see if I can start on something that I can strike off soon.

Ya'll late nighters have a Great Night!

Judes
Judes 
Expert
Judes
  • Judes on 04-14-08 10:58 PM
In response to GrandmaG

I don't see your signature. Isn't that supposed to be at the bottom of your posts? Nothing there.

Baby2Thousnd
Mayor
Baby2Thousnd
In response to Judes

Good morning!!

a_pez4
a_pez4 
Expert
a_pez4
In response to GrandmaG

Hey ladies!! I'm so excited to be a part of this one!!

I'm driving my hubby nuts with all my ideas.. I'm definately an organization nut.. it's definately my favourite part of everything!!

I am in love with baskets and boxes and drawers and everything having it's place! I think I'm a bit strange!! haha

I look forward to sharing everything with you all!

rwalker04
Expert
rwalker04
In response to a_pez4

im excited to ive been scrapbooking for about 2 years but just got my own space a few months ago well its shared with the computer and my husbands video games but its more than i had before. im really getting into organizing and making a place fore everything because i make such a mess everytime i scrapbook. i am looking forward to making it so everything has its place and i wont have to go through everything to find one thing!

Scrappin Kitty
Governor
Scrappin Kitty
In response to rwalker04

goodmorning

Happy B-day Rosemary

rwalker04
Expert
rwalker04

thanks

scrapbook girl
Idol
scrapbook girl

WOOhOO!! I finished altering my spice rack last night!! I was up late!

Hey, can we start now..... or do we HAVE to waaaaaaaaaait till May 1st?

GrandmaG
Mayor
GrandmaG
In response to Judes

• Judes Said:
I don't see your signature. Isn't that supposed to be at the bottom of your posts? Nothing there.

mmmm.....yes at the bottom of my post.

Anyone else having a problem seeing my signature??

GrandmaG
Mayor
GrandmaG
In response to rwalker04

• rwalker04 Said:
im excited to ive been scrapbooking for about 2 years but just got my own space a few months ago well its shared with the computer and my husbands video games but its more than i had before. im really getting into organizing and making a place fore everything because i make such a mess everytime i scrapbook. i am looking forward to making it so everything has its place and i wont have to go through everything to find one thing!

Happy Birthday!

GrandmaG
Mayor
GrandmaG

• scrapbook girl Said:
WOOhOO!! I finished altering my spice rack last night!! I was up late!

Hey, can we start now..... or do we HAVE to waaaaaaaaaait till May 1st?

I wanna see!!

As long as you have...posted your album link...posted your before pics....and posted your goals you are good to go! LOL!

GrandmaG
Mayor
GrandmaG
In response to GrandmaG

You've gotta look!

This is an Awesome Idea for ribbons!!

Trash

To Treasure

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

I just realized that posted chat on the sign up thread. I posted about not chatting there and deleted my first chat post there.

I asked over there when I meant to post here:

Okay, how many of you have done this challenge more than once? How many times?

This will be my fourth time, I think.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

I'm also in Scrapfasters, both of them. Where I promised to not buy any more sb stuff but to use up stash. And I just joined the "NO LESS THEN 25 challenge" where I signed up to do at least 205 layouts before buying more sb stuff.

The more I get scrapped the easier it will be for me to move my stuff into my new room.

The builders were out here a little after 7 this morning and are still at it now. They said it will take only two days for their part. Then we'll have to hire an electrician and maybe a plumber. I think dh is thinking of saving money by doing part of this himself in his many free hours. Just in case you didn't catch that, dh doesn't have alot of free hours and when he does, he likes to nap.

ange
ange 
Diva
ange
  • ange on 04-15-08 12:16 PM
In response to GrandmaG

• GrandmaG Said:
  • ange Said:
Hi ladies!!

Hopefully I can finish my room this time.

ange
ange 
Diva
ange
  • ange on 04-15-08 12:16 PM

I just realized that posted chat on the sign up thread. I posted about not chatting there and deleted my first chat post there.

This is my second time!

GrandmaG
Mayor
GrandmaG

Lets see....this will be my fifth...I counted the one tracy held but I don't think I finished that one.

GrandmaG
Mayor
GrandmaG

I'm also in Scrapfasters, both of them. Where I promised to not buy any more sb stuff but to use up stash. And I just joined the "NO LESS THEN 25 challenge" where I signed up to do at least 205 layouts before buying more sb stuff.

The more I get scrapped the easier it will be for me to move my stuff into my new room.

The builders were out here a little after 7 this morning and are still at it now. They said it will take only two days for their part. Then we'll have to hire an electrician and maybe a plumber. I think dh is thinking of saving money by doing part of this himself in his many free hours. Just in case you didn't catch that, dh doesn't have alot of free hours and when he does, he likes to nap.

I hope to be able to jump back into some scrapping challenges soon. I miss scrapping, but altering the craft room stuff has been fun.

Yep the less you have to pack, move, and unpack will be easier.

LOL! I have a hard time getting my DH to anything that's not computer related. I wish you luck on that one!

GrandmaG
Mayor
GrandmaG
In response to ange

• ange Said:
  • GrandmaG Said:
  • ange Said:
Hi ladies!!

Hopefully I can finish my room this time.

I hear ya! Me too! It's all the little things that take up so much time....LOL! and me chatting on here as if I had nothing to do. Well I better go I want to at least finish the spice rack before I go to bed tonight.

LOL! I took a nap today....I hardly ever nap! Now I'm behind.

Scrappin Kitty
Governor
Scrappin Kitty
In response to GrandmaG

my scraproom album is up loaded to the other thread, and I majorly need sugestions on the desk area if anyone has any ideas

a_pez4
a_pez4 
Expert
a_pez4

• Scrappin Kitty Said:
my scraproom album is up loaded to the other thread, and I majorly need sugestions on the desk area if anyone has any ideas

Ooo.. do you have room for a nice shelf next to the desk?? I think if you put all those containers in there you'd free up soooo much space!

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

• Scrappin Kitty Said:

I'll leave you comments in your gallery for each one. But it really depends on what works for you best.

A book on organizing for your brain type really helped me. I blogged about and it has links to test to see what works for each person. The book of course is more detailed and teaches about how we're forced to work in other methods like for parents or bosses and how this skews our own types. Well, anyway, I hope it helps.

Organizing For Your Brain Type

I've gotta run to the store for son, so when I get back I'll leave you comments in your gallery.

Josiology
Guru
Josiology
In response to a_pez4

Just checking in ladies!

This is my second time doing this challenge, Vivian My room has come a long way since Jan and still has a waaaays to go. Not sure I'll ever be COMPLETELY satisfied. Heh. I REALLY wanted to get all my photos sorted and stored in some type of archival safe storage last round, but never did. So that is my biggest goal for this round.

Any suggestions for that are MORE than welcome! I bought the Memory Dock system last round thinking that was a GOOD choice, but I was SO wrong. (You can read my review HERE ) Then I thought about getting the Cropper Hopper cases, but I really don't want plastic. And the CM power sort is just really flimsy (for the price)...at least, IMHO. I'm thinking I might find something from Pioneer that would work? Anyway, any suggestions would be welcome as I tackle my photo sorting.

Scrappin Kitty
Governor
Scrappin Kitty
In response to a_pez4

• a_pez4 Said:
  • Scrappin Kitty Said:

Ooo.. do you have room for a nice shelf next to the desk?? I think if you put all those containers in there you'd free up soooo much space!

I wish Forgot to upload the pic of the entire room, will do that now.

doriscraps
Mayor
doriscraps

Hello to old friends and new friends and Happy Birthday Rosemary!

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to Josiology

• Joda Said:
Just checking in ladies!

This is my second time doing this challenge, Vivian My room has come a long way since Jan and still has a waaaays to go. Not sure I'll ever be COMPLETELY satisfied. Heh. I REALLY wanted to get all my photos sorted and stored in some type of archival safe storage last round, but never did. So that is my biggest goal for this round.

Any suggestions for that are MORE than welcome! I bought the Memory Dock system last round thinking that was a GOOD choice, but I was SO wrong. (You can read my review HERE ) Then I thought about getting the Cropper Hopper cases, but I really don't want plastic. And the CM power sort is just really flimsy (for the price)...at least, IMHO. I'm thinking I might find something from Pioneer that would work? Anyway, any suggestions would be welcome as I tackle my photo sorting.

For photo organization, I use mainly photo boxes. I prefer the plain white ones, just goes better with my other stuff and I can use them in other rooms, too.

I use tabbed dividers to separate them by months and years. Since going digital this isn't an issue anymore since I don't print anything out unless they're gonna being scrapped into an album.

Even photo albums are great to display pix before they're scrapped.

About how many pix are you needing to organize? Are you going to eventually scrapbook these? Or this permanent storage for them?

Scrappin Kitty
Governor
Scrappin Kitty

• Scrappin Kitty Said:

I'll leave you comments in your gallery for each one. But it really depends on what works for you best.

A book on organizing for your brain type really helped me. I blogged about and it has links to test to see what works for each person. The book of course is more detailed and teaches about how we're forced to work in other methods like for parents or bosses and how this skews our own types. Well, anyway, I hope it helps.

Organizing For Your Brain Type

I've gotta run to the store for son, so when I get back I'll leave you comments in your gallery.

Thanks Vivian!! That looks like a cool book!!

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

I left you comments, Amanda.

Oh, word of warning: I some times post in a "pushy" way. These are suggestions for what I would do, not necessarily what you should do. So please excuse me if I come across that way. It really isn't my intent. And I can take being told to back off very well.

Scrappin Kitty
Governor
Scrappin Kitty

LOL hun, at this point I can take all of the help I can get on it. The rest of my house is very orginised and not messy, and this area drives me nuts, even though it is where I spend most of my free time.

BTW the pics of the whole room are now in there.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

I had used graph paper to help me decide how I wanted my room in the past.

Scraproom Before

This really helped me. I'll doing this again soon with my new space.

Also I think when you've got your sb stuff in a room that's doing other functions like a guest room, dining room, etc, these modified computer armoires are great!

http://www.scrapbook.com/myplace/index.php?mod=gallerie...

So easy to close the doors with Pages in Progress and not see the mess/visual clutter. Open them up to work on pages. Love how she added things to the doors.

scrapbook girl
Idol
scrapbook girl

Hey Vivian...... BACK OFF!!!

LOL! J/K, I wanted to see how well you actually could take it!

Page 1 of 13 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics