Page 1 of 24 
Username Post: ~Scraproom Challenge ~ *Closed and Voting*        (Topic#1459773)
GrandmaG
Mayor
GrandmaG

We have now moved to the The ~OCD~ critique group....come join us there the door will always be open to our scraprooms!

Sign-ups CLOSED.

REMEMBER it is important for us to list our goals and post a link to your scraproom album in this challenge first.

PRIZES for this challenge will be based on POSTING AND COMPLETING YOUR GOALS, posting before, during and after pics of your area, checking in by posting on the thread at least once a month, and commenting on others progress. How simple is that!

Prize Categories: I'm planning to have one public voting pole and two pm poles...a total of three categories and three winners...3 RAK's!!!

Public voting Pole "The greatest change." - $20 sb.com GC
PM pole 1 - "Who has helped you the most?" - $10 sb.com GC
PM pole 2 - "The most creative storage idea that someone shared and you have used." - $10 sb.com GC

Voting will begin August 1st and end August 7th.

During our last challenge we shared a lot of GREAT ideas!! I loved the paper keepers made from the postal boxes, oh and the ribbon shelves were Awesome! One room started with just a TV tray and blossomed unto a nice scrapping space, another started out a boys room and was transformed into a ladies retreat. Oh gosh then there is the beautiful lavender room and the apple green room that’s shared by a mother and her daughter. Oh and you should see the Coca-Cola Scrapper!! We even got to see the beauty of a “rag rolled” room. We had too many great ideas to mention them all, the list seriously goes on and on. There were a few of us who completely gutted our rooms and painted. WOW what fun! (yea right! I’ll never paint stripes in a room again!)

So jump on in…get you a little note book and jot down those goals, plan a budget, and start the wish list. It doesn’t matter if your space is small or a huge room what matters is organizing the space for your needs and making it your very own dream space.

Here is what we will be working on:

Week 1.

Pick-up and put away pick-up and put away everything that is on the floor. We need to make sure we don’t have any tripping hazards.

Clean off desk – completely clean off your desk. Yep, this means take everything off the desk and wipe it down. Once you’ve got a clean desk sit there for a few minutes and think about what tools you really need at your finger tips, tools you use for every page. (for me that would be my scissors, regular pen, pencil, eraser, hole punch etc…) these items you can put back on your desk in a “with-in reach” location. Everything else you will need to find a home for. You have 7 days to complete this task. Take a pic and post the clean desk.
Done!

Week 2 & 3

Purge – OK here we go. Get a notebook and pen and keep it close by to jot things down, wish lists, etc... This is where we really tend to be pack rats (at least I do). After all we are croppers not collectors. Take a box and put it in the middle of your room along with a trash can or trash bag. Pick one corner of the room and begin. Toss giveaways into the box and items that there’s no longer a use for in the trash. (you would be surprised at all the dried up bottles of paint I found during one of my previous challenges). Wipe down and clean off all containers as you go. As you are going along, think about how this storage is working for you and if you need to make changes or not. (does this need to be closer to your desk or further away) If you need to make changes either during this challenge or in the future stop and jot it down. You have 2 weeks to complete this task.
Done!

Week 4, 5, & 6.

We are continuing to purge and clean. Our floors should be cleaned, our desk should be cleaned off and now we are going to get in to the heavy organizing. Ok how many of you actually have something in a purge box? Take a pic and show us your purge box.

Week 7, 8, & 9

We are finally in the home stretch, well at least some of you are. From this point on we should be finishing up on the purging and getting everything in its place. The best way to find out if you have organized things where they work best is to scrap something. Work in your room for a week and let us know how your organizing is working. Post your work too so we can leave some love.

If everything is working out great it's time to make your space your own. Many of you have already started the decorating process. But the end of the challenge and last three weeks we will be concentrating on decorating our spaces.

Week 10, 11 &12

The Final 3 weeks. It’s time to make your space your own and decorate with items that inspire you. The sky is the limit here. Have fun and please share the pics!!

List of players/organizers:

1. Joda
2. scrapbook girl
3. Bling Fairy Vivian
4. Scrappin Kitty
5. Scrappedupmom
6. JollyScrapper
7. Ande
8. Scrapinboyz
9. AshleyNicole*83
10. a pez4
11. doriscraps
12. Baby2Thousnd
13. briannasmom
14. ange
15. rwethairyet
16. CrazyScrapbooker

Edited by GrandmaG on 08-01-08 09:19 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

GrandmaG
Mayor
GrandmaG
In response to GrandmaG

Scraproom Album May-July 08

Goals:

#1 Goal to be able to scrap in my room by June 1st to see if my plans work for me.

Large projectRemove all items out of closet. donePaint closet yellow. Add removable shelves for paper and ribbon storage.

Order 2 orange Chairs.

Computer Stuff:

Computer areaAnything that has to do with scrapbooking computer, or hooks up to computer, needs to be in this area. Done! Need to get some sort of system to manage the cords.
Photos – Burn all photos on system to CD’s. DONE!
Sketches – Burn all sketches to CD’s and condense current collection.DONE!
Wishblade FilesCombine and organize all files and burn to CD’s. Done!

Wet and Messy Stuff: (book shelf in front of scrapping desk)

Ink pads, and stampsBoth need to be in one location. Remove all rubber stamps from the blocks and mount in CD cases Done!
Foam stampsGet these all together in one location, preferably close to the paints. Done!
Paints and brushesCheck all paints and make sure they are not dried up. Done!
Embossing powder and gun – Keep these together in one location. Move embossing powders over to spice containers.Done!
Chalk and applicatorsKeep these together in one location.Done!

Dry Stuff:

AlphasGet all of the Alpha’s in one organized location, including Chipboard Alpha’s. (cubes)Done!
Stickers and Rub-onsGet all of these in one general location, separate by theme. (cubes or wall shelves)Done!
Chipboard embellishmentsGet all of these in one general location. (cubes)Done!
Other EmbellishmentsBrads, buttons, photo turns, hinges, etc… get these in one general location. (cubes and wall shelves)Done
Photos – All in one location. (cubes or wall shelves)
TrimmersThese need to be on or near the desk within reach.Done
Hand toolsThese need to be within reach, most used items on desk top. Done!
Paper cuttersBig machines like punches, dream kuts, binding machines, etc... all need to be in one area. Also all the accessories needed for these machines all need to be in one location close to these. (large book shelf and get a smaller bookshelf to put beside the large bookshelf) Done!
Idea BooksSort thru and put in one location. (bottom book shelves and cubes) Done!
PaperGo through the paper pull out the ugly that I will never use and toss it in the purge box. DoneAlter large paper holders for card stock. Purchase new black ones for card stock. (closet)have them temporary on tall book shelf
RibbonsGet them in one location. temporary location on book shelf(closet maybe)
Sewing machine, material and threadGet all of this in one location. (closet)Done!

Edited by GrandmaG on 07-23-08 07:49 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Josiology
Guru
Josiology
In response to GrandmaG

Scraproom Challenge Part 2 Album

(For those who want to see the progress I made during the first scraproom challenge, click HERE. )

When I am finished with a task I will change it to bold purple and post a picture.

GOALS FOR THIS CHALLENGE:

Sort and organize my photos (Digital and Printed)

BEFORE: AFTER:

Sort and organize my software

BEFORE: DURING AFTER:

Sort and organize my memorabilia and greeting cards

Organize wooden/foam stamps

Create Stamp book
DONE!

Organize my negatives

Create Idea Book

DONE!

Organize frames and photo corners drawer:

DONE!

Find storage for my brads/eyelets boxes:

Buy and hang curtains

BEFORE:
AFTER:

Iron my hanging ribbon and cut to 1 yard:

Find new storage for mat stacks:

Cover drawer fronts:

DONE!

Edited by Joda on 07-31-08 06:39 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

scrapbook girl
Idol
scrapbook girl
In response to Josiology

scraproom album

Here are my goals:

~Get journal for scraproom

~Build shelf for top of cs paper tray

~Do something w/ ribbon

~make wicker drawers even (they are about 1 1/2" unlevel)

~hang rod in closet

~build shelves for closet

~organize closet storage space

~make a 14" shelf to hold all of my albums!! I want to desplay them in the hallway.

~put wood work up.

~Make / buy shelf for Cricut carts.

~alter labels on blue and pink boxes.

Boxes for "stuff" new labels!
By Scrapbook Girl

~Alter Spice rack

~get more milk bottles.

~get a new table, bar hight.

~bar stools

~alter mini garbage box.

~alter Paint cans 4 storage.

~Alter coat rack

~Find a place for mm magnet board

~Wash all the walls down

~Touch up paint

~Wash mirrors

~Wash windows

~Clean screens

~Clean off desk and take out leaf

~Fix crown molding

~Hang a hook for small bags

~Alter ink pad storage

~Paint top of CS tray

Painted top of paper tay!!
By Scrapbook Girl

~Sell desk

Grey = decided not to do
Red = done

Edited by scrapbook girl on 06-14-08 06:53 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to scrapbook girl

Vivian's Craft Room These are all the pix from over the years, literally. I've finally gotten the before pix up.

==================

⌂ Make tables and get desk to proper height (current desk/table is bit too high and causing wrist problems for me)

⌂ Get 4x8 peg board, white, for deco scissors, hand punches and various other tools.

⌂ Stamping station to include heat gun and embossing powders. Use current smaller peg board for this station and the foam stamp boards. Make this station at standing height.

⌂ Set up painting station with paint spinner and brushes. Maybe UNDER the Stamping Station.

⌂ Get things ready to move into new space.

⌂ Get/make bar height tables for Sizzix (& future Cuttlebug), punches, circle & oval cutters, Fiskars Shaper Cutter, Blade runner & templates and for large trimmer.

⌂ Set up station for card stock for sale. Maybe under the Cutting Station?

⌂ Curtain rod for embellies
My scrap room By Marine-wife

⌂ Paint old desk white and move into space. Put my papers carts under these.

⌂ Set up a sewing area, for actually sewing on fabrics but available for scrappers. Set up ribbons and buttons in this area.

⌂ Set up storage areas for other people to leave their things.

⌂ Set up station for my computer. Use small rolling file cards for All-in-One. Make room for laser printer?

⌂ Fine light fixtures and/or use lamps with natural lights.

Edited by Bling Fairy Vivian on 04-25-08 01:55 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Scrappin Kitty
Governor
Scrappin Kitty
In response to Vivian loves BLING

Goals:
~ get a power cord that has enough spots to allow me to not have to un plug the diffrent printers and camera charger
~transfer all of my pics from my computer to photobucket for storage.
~Scan in all of my pics not on the computer and put them on photobucket as well.
~instal photoshop
~ remove cabnet doors.
~go through fabric and get rid of most of it
~find better storage for ribbon/ flowers/ stamp pads/ wooden stamps/ embossing powders/ cuttle bug dies
~Make my dinning room presentable to company
~alter a clock and the word Hope for my area
~clean out and use at least 1/2 of my swap drawer
~go through all old mags and get out what I want, give away rest
~redo swap mail out basket
~get some of this stuff off of my desk
~purge ugly paper/ embelies
~go through paint and remove dried ones
~find diffrent contaners for glitter/purge ugly ones
~get EVERYTHING that is stored on the floor off.
~get rid of large stackable drawers, purge what was in them, finding a new home for ribbon, and swap goodies.
~ find a new home for dresser, and hopefully kids computer area. Replace with wall unit for storage.
~get all of my hard copy pics transfered to white photo boxes, sorted by family member
~transfer all of the ideas & tecniques in my sketch book to idea roledx for quick refrence.

Album-Link

Edited by Scrappin Kitty on 07-05-08 07:40 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

scrappedupmom
Angel
scrappedupmom
In response to Scrappin Kitty

Scraproom album May-July

Goals
clean off desktop
organize photos
start and alter an idea book
organize my drawers
clean out tool caddy
make a photo collage on the wall
put complete lo's into albums
organize ribbon
buy a trashcan
paint my homemade Clip It Up
buy some kind of shelving unit
Need to buy wood drawer for chipboard alpha's Ikea

I'm sure I'll be adding more goals as I clean out this room.

Edited by scrappedupmom on 05-15-08 09:47 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

ReadySetDistress
Diva
ReadySetDistress
In response to scrappedupmom

Marking my spot, I will post goals this evening!

Wow Vickie you got in quick and ya better stay in!! hehehe

Hi Janet, Hi Joda! Few now I know I have got to get everything completed! Will post goals left, later.

If you would like to check out what I have completed in the first challenge click here!

Also, I have made a new album for part to as well, part 2! Thank you Joda for you collective late night thoughts! I love what you have done with your room thus far!

Hi everyone else that has joined!

MY GOALS!!!:

Finish painting - the small wall where my tv is.
Ink pads, and stamps – Find a storage solution whether it is the cassette holder or some other logical storage. Maybe a art bin container, take the lid off and stand it up with inks upside down. Need rubber stamp storage not sure if I will take them off the blocks.
Foam stamps – Get an art bin for all my rubber stamps
Chipboard and Diecut - Purchase another art bin for my chip board and diecut letters
Flower Storage - I am thinking to make sure to get the 2 drawer cube and the deviders for my flower storage.
Stickers and Rub-ons – I think in altered ziplock bags
Chipboard embellishments – Get all of these in one general location. (cubes)
Other Embellishments – Purchase another
Trimmers – Need to figure out where to put my blade trimmer that will be easy to use and not in my way.
Hand tools – These need to be within reach, most used items on desk top. I bought a 12x12 sterlite container for my tools and much used supplies now I need to organize it.
Ribbons – Organize my candy jar of loose ribbon with floss cards. Use push pins to keep my spooled ribbon neat in my drawer.
Large Sterlite Drawers – after purchasing cubes for my desk move the large drawers to my black shelves.
Shelf for desk – try to figure out a way to add a shelf for my desk top for additional storage, not sure if this will work.
Organize and Archive Photo’s – I plan to add all my photo’s currently on my computer to my picasa web album for easy use, then archive them to cd’s.
Find a definite home for all my supplies – purchase metal sheet to hang for metal containers. Debating on purchasing a peg board.
Finish Altered Room Projects - to decorate my room and buy curtain and rod.

I am pretty sure that I will be adding more to my goals.

Edited by JollyScrapper on 07-22-08 04:42 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Ande
Ande 
Diva
Ande
  • Ande on 04-14-08 06:28 AM
In response to ReadySetDistress

I am "IN" again...

1..Finish removing rubber stamps and orgonizing them
2..Wash curtains and do some painting
3..redo one section of shelves.
4..clean out one corner that has become a "Junk Drawer"
5..go through paper and do more sorting
6..orgonize photos so I can find what I want.
7..Go through, orgonize, Fonts (28000+ I am not kidding) and delete the ones I don't like and put on CD's
8..Alter several items (to be picked out)
9..I'm sure I will come up with more "To Do's" befor this is over.

scrapinboyz
Expert
scrapinboyz

I'm going to give this a shot. DH is in the middle of painting our den aka my scrap area and I so need to do something...hope this will motivate me!

Scrapbook Room Album

Goals

Finish painting.
Move all scrap related stuff onto the one wall.
Photos:
1. Organize pre-digital photos by date
2. Organize enlargements, pro/school, and printed digital by person and album
3. Organize digital photos on computer by date, event and/or person
4. Back up digital photos to disk and scrapbookpictures.com
5. Re-vamp scrapbookpictures.com organization to match computer
Memorabilia:
1. Birthday cards and other memorabilia by person, by year
2. Christmas cards and letters by year – separate the kids cards by person and year
3. Anniversary cards and other memorabilia by year
4. Mother’s Day and Father’s Day cards by year and layout – put in page protectors
5. Trips – separate into individual albums
6. School, Sport, and Artwork by person and year (sort, organize, purge!) ~this WILL have to happen AFTER the challenge as it's split between 2 states & I'm not sure when we'll get the rest of our stuff out of storage
7. Misc. memorabilia by album and/or layout (sort, organize, purge!) working on
Organize “work in progress”
1. Create kit for each project with a note of what is needed to finish I consider this done but am still adding to it
2. If have the supply needed to complete kit, pull and add to kit
3. Note any purchases needed to complete kit
4. Order photos needed to complete kit
5. Put kits in order of least to most work needed to complete and store in file box
Organize theme albums:
1. Father’s Day – add photos to page protectors where they go in album
2. Mother’s Day – add photos to page protectors where they go in album
3. Christmas – add photos to page protectors where they go in album
4. Reunion – organize memorabilia and order photos
5. Baby – finalize structure, organize memorabilia, create layout kits, and order photos
6. School – finalize structure, organize memorabilia, create layout kits, gather photos, and place in page protectors where they go in album ~this WILL have to happen AFTER the challenge as I've decided it needs to happen after I've dealt with the school paperwork, art, etc. and know what there is that I may want for each album, which as stated above is in 2 states at the moment

7. Sport – finalize structure, organize memorabilia, create layout kits, gather photos, and place in page protectors where they go in album
Create something to organize cards in
Organize digital kits working on
Organize Quotes and Poems in one space
Organize Sketches and Layout ideas in one space working on
Organize Scrapafrass papers
Create a space I want to be in every day! LOL already do and am but I'm not crossing it off until the decorating is done!

Can't wait to meet you all.

Edited by scrapinboyz on 07-22-08 09:35 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

AshleyNicole*83
Veteran
AshleyNicole*83
In response to GrandmaG

Yeah! This is my first challenge! I'm definitely in!

Goals:
To convert our office into my scraproom!Organize all of my stuff in 1 room (it's currently in 4 different locations).
Stop buying & start scrapping! Okay, to be quite honest I haven't completely stopped buying, but I've definitely slowed down & I've definitely started scrapping!

1. DONE!12 x 12 paper storage - out in the open so I can actually see what I have without digging through a huge stack in the closet!
2. In ProgressRibbon storage - currenty I don't have much ribbon to store, but what I do have is just thrown in a little rubbermaid box

3. Alter & label wood storage drawers from ikea

4. DONE!Put shelves up & get rid of some of my rubbermaid storage bins (the more storage I have, the more I seem to buy to fill it!)
I think that's it for now... we already redid the floor & painted last month so I don't want to give my DH too much more work to do!

Scraproom

Edited by AshleyNicole*83 on 06-03-08 05:11 PM. Reason for edit: Updating completed Goals

rwalker04
Expert
rwalker04
In response to AshleyNicole*83

im in! i will post my goals later! i have just started organizing and getting my scraproom together so hopefully this will motivate me!

swillsh
New Kid On the Block
swillsh

Ok...I'm in. This is my first challenge too, but I am inspired by all the beautiful Scraprooms out there. My brain is working overtime right now thinking of all the possibilities...

swillsh
New Kid On the Block
swillsh
In response to swillsh

OOps. I got so excited I forgot to post goals.

1. Getting everything off the floor and that means the closet floor too.

2. Getting rid of old computer eqiupment to make room for Scrap table.

3. Oranizing everthing so that I can quit
personally encouraging the economy.

AshleyNicole*83
Veteran
AshleyNicole*83
In response to swillsh

I'm inspired as well! I was so excited this morning I actually took pictures of my current office SITUATION and posted them! Now I just have to finish clearing stuff out so my husband can get in hear to do the new flooring!!!

I have definitely been doing my part to personally stimulate the economy as well! LOL!

a_pez4
a_pez4 
Expert
a_pez4

Here's a link to my  Scraproom  as of today!I'd like to join too! :)Although I've just started scrapbookiing.. I have a bunch of stuff.. but nothing that really warrants purging.. and I've sort of already started the transformation.. however I will try to find some before photos! or at least show the current space!My Goals:- a wrap around desk with several station.. - one for the computer/printer/cricut- a "messy station" glueing/embossing etc.- a station for cutting so i don't have to move my stuff around, with a basket attached to the end for the cuts.- I want tons of shelving and misc boxed/baskets etc to keep scraps in, - some nice 12x12 paper holders and a great colour scheme! :)- I want a large table sort of in the middle so I can keep a few layouts there as I go.. I'm so tired of having to move my layouts out of the way everytime I need to cut or draw or glue or whatever.. - organize ribbon- store stickles/inks/embossing powders etc..- Organize embellishments- take more pictures!!!- organize chipboard alphas and shapes- create an inspiration book- find a creative way to store scraps - find paper storage- organize photos on the computer into categories/dates.. not sure which yet.- organize thread/floss for stitching.

Edited by a_pez4 on 05-23-08 08:45 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

doriscraps
Mayor
doriscraps
In response to swillsh

• swillsh Said:

3. Oranizing everthing so that I can quit
personally encouraging the economy.

doriscraps
Mayor
doriscraps
In response to doriscraps

Count me in again! I will think of some more goals!

Baby2Thousnd
Mayor
Baby2Thousnd
In response to doriscraps

I would like to participate! I'll post my goals later! Thanks!!

My scrap area Before.
This is my scrap area now 5-1-08 By Baby2Thousnd

Organized closet By Baby2Thousnd

Ribbon storage By Baby2Thousnd
Papmpered Chef utensil lazy susan By Baby2Thousnd
alterd lazy suzan By Baby2Thousnd
Drawers before By Baby2Thousnd
Containers after By Baby2Thousnd
clear stamp storage By Baby2Thousnd
My clean organized desk By Baby2Thousnd

keep a clear desk when finished a lo/project
    better storage
    storage for ribbonsCricut storage
    Make covers for both cricut machines!
    Maybe paint wall behind my desk?
    Sort and organize my memorabilia
    Sort and organize my photos (Digital and Printed)
    Buy a trash can! lol

I know that there is more.

Edited by Baby2Thousnd on 07-28-08 06:19 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Briannasmom
Queen
Briannasmom
In response to Baby2Thousnd

I'm so in and need all the help as I can get from you all. my scrap room is shared with my bed lmao.

as far as goals
organize better
make my space more my own and cozy.

ange
ange 
Diva
ange
  • ange on 04-14-08 06:57 PM
In response to Briannasmom

{My Scraproom Photos}

{My Goals}

Organize and make back ups of photos!!
Clean scrap desk and organize it!!
Put completed layouts in albums!!
Organize my albums!!
Organize my embellies!!
Purge and organize my paper scraps!!
Label everything as I go!!
Clean up as I scrap!!

I may add to my goals as I go and change my mind on some things!!

rwalker04
Expert
rwalker04
In response to Scrappin Kitty

goals:
>organize my table and move things that dont "need" to be there so i have more space.
>remove all clutter and un needed items
>containers for all embellies sorted
>new containers or way for ribbon
>buy new plastic drawer totes to store stuff.
>get a bookshelf for storage

rwethairyet
Mayor
rwethairyet
In response to rwalker04

I'll be joining, I have a basic room...just some direction and motivation to get it "finished"
My Scraproom Album

Clean off desk and wash down.
Clean walls and windows. Wash mirrors on closet doors.
Move stuff I never vacuum under, vacuum and put things back.
Some goals:
1-Finish purging/sorting paper racks.
2-Condense scrap drawer. Create files for stencils/templates/oversi zed stickers
3-buy a couple more sets plastic bins and finish organizing desk drawers.
4-finish purging and sorting desk top drawers by themes.
5-finish sorting through bins under desk. Label photo boxes with years.
6-Add shelf over pegboard. Clean out those saved glass jars and sort buttons and bits.
7-finish organizing and labeling gray minibins.

Looking to buy- Futon or pull out sofa, media tower, shades and curtains. Watching for yard sales or craigslist finds.

Also, need to
-get the last of my crafting/sewing stuff out of basement and worked into storage upstairs.
-get completed pages filed into appropriate albums.
-get caught up with backing up digital photo files.
-go through hubbies photo collection. Scan in photos I've been meaning to scrap.
-refinish yardsale find rocking chair and make new cushions. ended up removing from room!
None scrapping goals
-clean out scrap fabric bin. Sort scraps by sizes for scrap projects.
-find good container for sewing essentials...scissors, thread, pin cushion.
-Buy 3 more large bins for closet.
-clean and repair miniature farm stand for display and get it off refrigerator and into room.
-scan dollhouse articles to disc.
-purge quilt books/magazines. Scan articles I want to save to disc.

Edited by rwethairyet on 06-04-08 08:57 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Margaretinaz
Resident
Margaretinaz
In response to GrandmaG

wootwoot...count me in!!!

My Scraproom Album

I am still kind of new to the whole dedicated scrapbook thing...ive loved scrapbooking since high but i havent really had time to pursue it. My last day of college was April 2 2008...about two weeks ago!!! So i am planning to have lots free time. I dont really have that many supplies... only a ablum kit and a couple of page kits...but i plan to expand my arsenal once i have an organized shell to fill in!!! And also, i plan to keep a blog of my process and thoughs..if you wanna check it out...

So my goals are as follows:

• Form a specfic plan/ calendar
  • Figure out the type of storage (shelves, book cases, cubes, etc)
  • Create a layout with the furniture pieces
  • Figure out what tools and supplies i want to have
  • Figure out what type of storage is best for each type on material
  • Sort and organize everything in to the new solution
  • Sort by type of supply first, then by color
  • Figure out a theme/color scheme for room
  • Decorate room with final details

Im still thinking...so ill add more later...if i figure some out.

Ande
Ande 
Diva
Ande
  • Ande on 04-16-08 04:56 AM
In response to Margaretinaz

This will be my second time..I got alot accomplished the last session....and look forward to doing even more.

7..Go through, orgonize, Fonts (28000+ I am not kidding) and delete the ones I don't like and put on CD's

Twizztidknightowl
Super Dude
Twizztidknightowl
In response to Ande

ok Cindy and I are going to get in on this? hope you don't mind us working together as we share the same space. we will post our goals as we come up with them.

CrazyScrapbooker
Governor
CrazyScrapbooker
In response to Twizztidknightowl

I SOOOOOO need to be in this challenge!

Scraproom Album

Goals:
*completely clean out room (move EVERYTHING, dust, clean windows, walls, etc.)
*paint
*hang curtains & pictures
*PURGE, PURGE, and more PURGING!! definitely an ongoing project
*organize all printed ideas all in a 3ring binder with tabs
*organize 12x12 paper so I don't spend all the time hunting for the right paper for a layout organized by color
*organize scraps sorted out in hanging files
*organize alphas sorted in expandable file
*work more on power layouts - so I don't have to carry ALL of my supplies to every crop with me this is gonna be an ongoing thing as i print pics
*make a paper storage rack temp storage in my clear and purple plastic boxes - all sorted by colors
*new lighting (didnt realize how bad it was until I made the walls darker LOL!) got a new lamp that helps
*new shelves (since 2 broke when moving them to paint) got a filing cabinet for temp "shelving"
*new chair - DESPERATELY! not in the budget right now
*organize ribbon stash sorted by colors in altered box

Edited by CrazyScrapbooker on 07-29-08 01:30 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Ande
Ande 
Diva
Ande
  • Ande on 04-17-08 01:49 PM
In response to ReadySetDistress

• JollyScrapper Said:
Marking my spot, I will post goals this evening!

Wow Vickie you got in quick and ya better stay in!! hehehe

Hi Janet, Hi Joda! Few now I know I have got to get everything completed! Will post goals left, later.

If you would like to check out what I have completed in the first challenge click here!

Also, I have made a new album for part to as well, part 2! Thank you Joda for you collective late night thoughts! I love what you have done with your room thus far!

Hi everyone else that has joined!

Hi Audra.....Glad to see you again...Have to thank you for theInfo about Picasa....MAN do I love that...It is amazing!!!

Margaretinaz
Resident
Margaretinaz
In response to Ande

• Ande Said:
This will be my second time..I got alot accomplished the last session....and look forward to doing even more.

Your icon picture is cute!! I love dogs!!

Devine Scrapper
Mayor
Devine Scrapper

Count Me in too Janet...

My ScrapRoom Photo Gallery

My New Goals:

(1) I have photo's everywhere...I want to organize them and sort them by subject in photo boxes...
(2) Alter and Paint storage items...
(3) Build Storage for and organize My INKS, CRICUT Cartridges and Paints...
(4) More Purging...
(5) organize my scraps, I have piles in 3 places...
(6) Clean out my Filing Cabinet and organize the bottom drawer for scraps...
(7) Alter my Scraproom Sign...
(8) put together my paint storage rack...

and I will be adding More as we go...

Hugs, Nicki

Edited by Devine Scrapper on 04-21-08 10:40 AM. Reason for edit: Had to add more Goals

Jill
Jill 
Idol
Jill
  • Jill on 04-18-08 10:21 AM

Viv: I'm so excited for you to have more space in your home.

Jill

The Paper Bakery
Mayor
The Paper Bakery

I will need to be a 'lifer' on this I think, if I ever want to keep my area useable! No wonder I needed a whole room where I lived before! Not having much doesn't seem to matter when it comes to making a gigantic mess just trying to think of what to do with a lay out!
So, my goals are:

1. Determine what tools & supplies make it easier for me to scrapbook in the styles I love.

2. Make a list and purchase these tools or supplies as they go on sale/coupon when I have the $ to.

3. Find a way to organize what I have in an attracive yet functional manner.

4. Put my tools & talents to work, and actually MAKE some LAY OUTS!

The Paper Bakery
Mayor
The Paper Bakery

finally can SEE them!

Edited by Fresh New Pages on 04-19-08 10:24 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

The Paper Bakery
Mayor
The Paper Bakery

trying to clean up all the extra posts now!

Edited by Fresh New Pages on 04-19-08 10:26 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

The Paper Bakery
Mayor
The Paper Bakery
In response to Devine Scrapper

Nicki
Thanks for helping me!

I can't believe it is already April 19th. We've had snow off and on the last few days, and it is snowing now, and supposed to this weekend. We don't usually even get snow! Thank God it isn't sticking...so far!

I think I may need bereavement counseling, or else I'm going to have to start writing. Or both.
If the snow stops, or it warms up, I'm going to go walk through the Tacoma Mall or something.

Edited by Fresh New Pages on 04-19-08 10:27 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

melissa_1959
Pro
melissa_1959
In response to The Paper Bakery

My goals for this challenge:
1) Sew curtains for my craft room.
2) Decorate my craft room.
3) Sort my scrapbook paper.
4) Sort, save/delete the thousands of digital photos on my computer. (sort by subject then by date)
5) Make backup copies of my digital photos to be put in safe deposit box.
6) Sort through 30 years of prints, putting them into chronological order as best as I can.
7) Make copies of the important/special prints and put the originals in the safe deposit box.

Here is the link to my scraproom pics:
http://www.scrapbook.com/galleries/192817/list /5/0/1.ht...

Edited by melissa_1959 on 04-22-08 03:48 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

The Paper Bakery
Mayor
The Paper Bakery

see em all now!

Edited by Fresh New Pages on 04-19-08 10:28 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

The Paper Bakery
Mayor
The Paper Bakery
In response to CrazyScrapbooker

Thanks! I finally can see all of them! Sorry Janet to take up so much! Can you maybe delete all but my goals post? I can't do that from my end.

CrazyScrapbooker
Governor
CrazyScrapbooker
In response to The Paper Bakery

• Fresh New Pages Said:
Thanks! I finally can see all of them! Sorry Janet to take up so much! Can you maybe delete all but my goals post? I can't do that from my end.

You can delete your posts by going in to "edit" then at the top it will show where a "Delete post" and a + sign... click there and then click on "yes delete post"

Mossy Oak Chick
Resident
Mossy Oak Chick

hey everyone!
defintally count me in. I didn't get finished wiht the last challenge...so hopefully this one will finish it off. Well soon I'll try to post my pictures (current) and make a list of what my goals are going to be. Can't wait to see everyones work!

Mossy Oak Chick
Resident
Mossy Oak Chick

{My Goals} round 2
1. Rearrange room
2. Finish painting
3. Do something with my scraps
4. Organize paper (by theme/color)
5. Organize pictures
-put onto backup disks
-put into envelopes by event
6. Find a cute way to store my mini-albums
7. Organize binders
8. Make new cushions for couch and sitting on floor
9. Make a new window curtain
10. Paint my shelving (hugh shelf and bulletan board)
11. Hang up better lights

momany
momany 
Idol
momany

My goals:
File stack of new patterned paper
Buy fabric and make curtains for 5 windows
Hang blinds on windows and French door
Touch up painting
Replace light switch covers
Hang rail system for stamps and stamp pads
Clean out under tables and organize
Clear all overflow supplies from dining room
Finish filing photos in CM boxes
Power strip for WB, sewing machine and Ott-lite
Buy area rug at Target
Make a master "map" of where everything goes
Inventory all dies and stamps
Make a master list for packing for crops
I don't have much spare time so this will probably take more than a month. Baby steps, baby steps!
Budget: $150 for fabric and rug

zoe08
zoe08 
Expert
zoe08
  • zoe08 on 04-28-08 11:12 AM

I will join the challenge, but I since I don't actually get the key to our house until probably May 19, I don't think I will be able to do much until then. But I am still trying to get ideas of what I can do for the room.

So my goal is mainly just to have a scrapbook room, since I have never had one before. So I want to create a space to keep all my stuff organized.

Devine Scrapper
Mayor
Devine Scrapper
In response to zoe08

• zoe08 Said:
I will join the challenge, but I since I don't actually get the key to our house until probably May 19, I don't think I will be able to do much until then. But I am still trying to get ideas of what I can do for the room.

So my goal is mainly just to have a scrapbook room, since I have never had one before. So I want to create a space to keep all my stuff organized.

WELCOME ZOE

GrandmaG
Mayor
GrandmaG
In response to Devine Scrapper

Just 1 more day and sign-up's close!

scrapbook girl
Idol
scrapbook girl
In response to GrandmaG

Yay!!!! I am the first one to post!!!! Let the challenge BEGIN!!! WoOoohooo!!

CrazyScrapbooker
Governor
CrazyScrapbooker
In response to zoe08

• zoe08 Said:

You are starting from a great spot! Congrats on your new home

GrandmaG
Mayor
GrandmaG

OK Let the challenge begin..........

scrapbook girl
Idol
scrapbook girl
In response to GrandmaG

OK, now I can go to sleep! Goodnight Ladies!!!!

GrandmaG
Mayor
GrandmaG
In response to GrandmaG

I've worked off and on all day in my room and I'm very proud of my progress!!

All of my chipboard is now organized. I've moved some books into the room, emptied embossing powders into the spice jars, completely finished one of the wall shelves on the embellishment wall, painted letters for the Cropper Hopper card box (which I'll stick on before I go to bed), moved the TV again, moved all my rub-ons into the file boxes, made my final list of things to get, and almost cleaned off my scrapping table. Oh I forgot I swapped out my "to alter" box too, I no longer have the cardboard box holding that stuff but a pretty BRIGHT orange woven basket. LOL!

My HUGE purge box is filling up rather quickly!! I'll take a pic of that before I go to bed too and then another one when I'm finished purging...

I wish we still had the dumpster down the road...I've filled up the garbage can with broken down boxes and garbage doesn't run again until next Tuesday. Our trash is backing up LOL!

GrandmaG
Mayor
GrandmaG

• scrapbook girl Said:

OK, now I can go to sleep! Goodnight Ladies!!!!

nite nite!!

CrazyScrapbooker
Governor
CrazyScrapbooker
In response to GrandmaG

• GrandmaG Said:

All of my chipboard is now organized. I've moved some books into the room, emptied embossing powders into the spice jars, completely finished one of the wall shelves on the embellishment wall, painted letters for the Cropper Hopper card box (which I'll stick on before I go to bed), moved the TV again, moved all my rub-ons into the file boxes, made my final list of things to get, and almost cleaned off my scrapping table. Oh I forgot I swapped out my "to alter" box too, I no longer have the cardboard box holding that stuff but a pretty BRIGHT orange woven basket. LOL!

My HUGE purge box is filling up rather quickly!! I'll take a pic of that before I go to bed too and then another one when I'm finished purging...

I wish we still had the dumpster down the road...I've filled up the garbage can with broken down boxes and garbage doesn't run again until next Tuesday. Our trash is backing up LOL!

WOW! You have had one busy day

melissa_1959
Pro
melissa_1959

Drat! Now I have to get to work on my room. LOL
I am so excited to see what everyone comes up with this time around. There were so many fabulous organization and storage ideas in the last one.

a_pez4
a_pez4 
Expert
a_pez4
In response to melissa_1959

That is a busy day Janet!!

Last night I purchased some cubes for paper woot woto! but I forgot to buy zip ties haha... so that task'll be completed this evening and then I can sort.. yay!!

For now I'm going to try to go by tones.. for cardstock and pp --- see if I can find something else for coordinated paper.. I dunno it's all so difficult!

How do you colourize paper that's got equal amounts or each paper.. OR double-sided!? (PS - I hate double-sided paper lol.. you gotta pay more.. but the designs are usually fabulous.. but I usually use eyelets and brads and stuff... and the "back side" just wouldn't look nice!

scrapbook girl
Idol
scrapbook girl
In response to a_pez4

Good morning!

scrapbook girl
Idol
scrapbook girl
In response to GrandmaG

• GrandmaG Said:

When that happens to me, I just take it to someone else's dumpster!

GrandmaG
Mayor
GrandmaG
In response to melissa_1959

• melissa_1959 Said:
Drat! Now I have to get to work on my room. LOL
I am so excited to see what everyone comes up with this time around. There were so many fabulous organization and storage ideas in the last one.

LOL!! But it wont be too bad for you this round. The hardest part is over...

GrandmaG
Mayor
GrandmaG
In response to a_pez4

• a_pez4 Said:

Last night I purchased some cubes for paper woot woto! but I forgot to buy zip ties haha... so that task'll be completed this evening and then I can sort.. yay!!

For now I'm going to try to go by tones.. for cardstock and pp --- see if I can find something else for coordinated paper.. I dunno it's all so difficult!

How do you colourize paper that's got equal amounts or each paper.. OR double-sided!? (PS - I hate double-sided paper lol.. you gotta pay more.. but the designs are usually fabulous.. but I usually use eyelets and brads and stuff... and the "back side" just wouldn't look nice!

paper is always a problem for everyone I believe. carstock I sort by color, PP first by theme, birthday, Christmas, easter, Halloween, baby, Seasons etc... then by what is printed on the paper circles, floral, squares, words, alphas, etc...and each group are sorted in this way by color light to dark, then I have some sorted by manufacture. Double sided cardstock and PP has it's own different section, I use a lot of it for the word books, great to use for lettering the front always matches the back, and for torn and curled sections like the side of a mat for a frame.

GrandmaG
Mayor
GrandmaG

• scrapbook girl Said:
  • GrandmaG Said:

When that happens to me, I just take it to someone else's dumpster!

LOL! If we get caught going that here we are fined...up to 500 dollars....I had thought about taking some of it with me when I go clean out my car and wash it...I can fill up the trash there really quick LOL!

Briannasmom
Queen
Briannasmom
In response to GrandmaG

wow girl you have been busy already hehe.

I have been filling up my empty drawers of my storage cube things. and I need to get a few more. and as far as purging go I already did that well kinda in a clean up and shi[p out kind of swap.

GrandmaG
Mayor
GrandmaG

• briannasmom Said:
wow girl you have been busy already hehe.

I have been filling up my empty drawers of my storage cube things. and I need to get a few more. and as far as purging go I already did that well kinda in a clean up and shi[p out kind of swap.

I wish I had done that LOL! I tried when I first started packing things up but kinda stopped mid way.

GrandmaG
Mayor
GrandmaG
In response to GrandmaG

Here's the pics of what I finished...

Embellishment shelf finished

Embellishment shelf 1 finished!
By GrandmaG

Inking/Paint area – I need either wall shelves or a taller book case there is not enough room.

Ink and Paint shelves
By GrandmaG

New Basket to store items to alter

To Alter Box
By GrandmaG

Purge box – before all is said and done, I might pull out a few of the nice shoebox size boxes to alter for my DGD’s room.

Purge box as of 01 May 08
By GrandmaG

GrandmaG
Mayor
GrandmaG
In response to GrandmaG

Well I better go and finish a few things before I get ready for work...

You all have a Great Day!!

scrapinboyz
Expert
scrapinboyz
In response to GrandmaG

• GrandmaG Said:
  • a_pez4 Said:

paper is always a problem for everyone I believe. carstock I sort by color, PP first by theme, birthday, Christmas, easter, Halloween, baby, Seasons etc... then by what is printed on the paper circles, floral, squares, words, alphas, etc...and each group are sorted in this way by color light to dark, then I have some sorted by manufacture. Double sided cardstock and PP has it's own different section, I use a lot of it for the word books, great to use for lettering the front always matches the back, and for torn and curled sections like the side of a mat for a frame.

This is basically what I do too...CS by color, PP by theme then color. Double-sided I store based on the side I'm most likely to use.

scrapinboyz
Expert
scrapinboyz
In response to GrandmaG

• GrandmaG Said:

hope those broken down boxes are in the recycling can

Actually, I can relate to the full can issue. Vegas drives me nuts in this department. We have garbage pick up twice a week...guess that kinda makes sense because of the heat. But recycling pick up every other week...GGRRRRR. My recycling is running over the bins within a couple days of the pick-up and with the memorabilia sort/purge I'm doing it's about twice as bad as normal

rwethairyet
Mayor
rwethairyet

I started scanning in howto articles from old dollhouse magazines last night...6 mos down 9.5 years to go. will be nice to get them onto cds though.
Also get to go pick up the tv stand tonight, early enough so I might get the tv and stereo equipment moved onto it.
Guess I'll clear off and clean the desktop this weekend and work on sorting those plastic drawers.

scrapinboyz
Expert
scrapinboyz

Didn't get to work on my space yesterday and I still need to take pictures of the sorted stuff. I did buy a accordion folder thing for my cards...I may alter it at some point...so I can cross something off my goals list for yesterday LOL

CrazyScrapbooker
Governor
CrazyScrapbooker
In response to GrandmaG

• GrandmaG Said:

Great ideas for the pp! Thanks!

CrazyScrapbooker
Governor
CrazyScrapbooker
In response to rwethairyet

• rwethairyet Said:
I started scanning in howto articles from old dollhouse magazines last night...6 mos down 9.5 years to go. will be nice to get them onto cds though.
Also get to go pick up the tv stand tonight, early enough so I might get the tv and stereo equipment moved onto it.
Guess I'll clear off and clean the desktop this weekend and work on sorting those plastic drawers.

I told DH I would like a tv to put in my room - his response "You area already in there all the time so if we put a tv in there we might as well put a bed in there too!" MEN!

Scrappin Kitty
Governor
Scrappin Kitty
In response to scrapinboyz

good morning Janet sounds like youv'e already gotten a lot done

Today I'm going to check out new funiture for my area, and hope to get my desk totally cleaned off

ange
ange 
Diva
ange
  • ange on 05-01-08 08:19 AM
In response to GrandmaG

• GrandmaG Said:

I am glad you are making progress...no progress here. I really need to start making some though. I can't wait to see your room when it is done.

ange
ange 
Diva
ange
  • ange on 05-01-08 08:22 AM
In response to a_pez4

• a_pez4 Said:

I agree sorting paper is a difficult task. I sorted mine by theme and I also have a couple of misc. drawers for those odd ball papers that don't fit a theme.

scrappedupmom
Angel
scrappedupmom
In response to ange

Good morning!

Janet,it sounds like you've been busy!

scrapbook girl
Idol
scrapbook girl
In response to ange

Here is my nice clean desk, and my stickle storage that is not finished yet cause I don't know what else to do. TFL!

My nice clean desk!!
By Scrapbook Girl

Stickles storage ~view 1~
By Scrapbook Girl

Stickles storage ~view 2~
By Scrapbook Girl

scrappedupmom
Angel
scrappedupmom

• scrapbook girl Said:
Here is my nice clean desk, and my stickle storage that is not finished yet cause I don't know what else to do. TFL!

My nice clean desk!!
By Scrapbook Girl

By Scrapbook Girl

By Scrapbook Girl

looks good!

CrazyScrapbooker
Governor
CrazyScrapbooker

• scrapbook girl Said:

My nice clean desk!!
By Scrapbook Girl

By Scrapbook Girl

By Scrapbook Girl

love your desk in front of the window... looks good too - nice and clean!

Josiology
Guru
Josiology

Hi everyone! Just wanted to stop in our new thread and say hi. I am so sorry I haven't left everyone comments in their galleries...I will, I promise TTYL!

a_pez4
a_pez4 
Expert
a_pez4
In response to Josiology

I like that plastic thing for all your pens and pencils scrapbook girl!

Oh and my husband said if I put a TV in here he'd never see me again haha.. my response was: "You can come visit :)" hehe

Heere's how I'm going to do my paper storage.... so far.. haha

Cardstock sorted by tone, I don't have enough for a pile of burgandy, pink and red separated so theyre going together.

I'm going to go with multi-functional pp by colour (so that'll be smaller polkadots, small patterns that can be mixed with other patterened paper..)

then I'll do pp but large prints, like forals and flourishes etc...

I don't have any themed stuff yet, I might when I start doing more of the family albums.. but hopefully this will work for now!

Briannasmom
Queen
Briannasmom
In response to a_pez4

you all have been busy busy. I went to m's today to see if i can pick up atleast one of my storage cube things and they dont carry the white ones anymore only the dark wood. grrr. so now I have to think of something else for my desk and more scrap storage. we live in an appt. and our walls are so thin that I can;t hang a shelf up it just comes right out the wall and makes a big hole in the wall. I really hate it

ange
ange 
Diva
ange
  • ange on 05-01-08 11:06 AM
In response to a_pez4

• a_pez4 Said:
I like that plastic thing for all your pens and pencils scrapbook girl!

Oh and my husband said if I put a TV in here he'd never see me again haha.. my response was: "You can come visit :)" hehe

Heere's how I'm going to do my paper storage.... so far.. haha

Cardstock sorted by tone, I don't have enough for a pile of burgandy, pink and red separated so theyre going together.

I'm going to go with multi-functional pp by colour (so that'll be smaller polkadots, small patterns that can be mixed with other patterened paper..)

then I'll do pp but large prints, like forals and flourishes etc...

I don't have any themed stuff yet, I might when I start doing more of the family albums.. but hopefully this will work for now!

Sounds like you have a good system for your cardstock and patterned paper .

ange
ange 
Diva
ange
  • ange on 05-01-08 11:09 AM

• briannasmom Said:
you all have been busy busy. I went to m's today to see if i can pick up atleast one of my storage cube things and they dont carry the white ones anymore only the dark wood. grrr. so now I have to think of something else for my desk and more scrap storage. we live in an appt. and our walls are so thin that I can;t hang a shelf up it just comes right out the wall and makes a big hole in the wall. I really hate it

That stinks about the cubes! I know Target has them too...not sure if they are the same dimensions though. I hear ya about not being about to hang things on the walls. I have concrete walls down here that have sheet rock on them so I have the same problem. I don't want to drill into the concrete.

ange
ange 
Diva
ange
  • ange on 05-01-08 11:09 AM
In response to Josiology

• Joda Said:
Hi everyone! Just wanted to stop in our new thread and say hi. I am so sorry I haven't left everyone comments in their galleries...I will, I promise TTYL!

Hi Joda!!!

a_pez4
a_pez4 
Expert
a_pez4

• briannasmom Said:

omg! I know!

Usually my whole house is in dark wood etc.. it's my style..

So when I did my scraproom I said to myself.. instead of doing it modern, I'll go white with everything because it's usually a bit cheaper and more abundant!

Well then Michaels only has the dark wood blocks!! I feel your pain!

Briannasmom
Queen
Briannasmom
In response to a_pez4

• a_pez4 Said:
  • briannasmom Said:

omg! I know!

Usually my whole house is in dark wood etc.. it's my style..

So when I did my scraproom I said to myself.. instead of doing it modern, I'll go white with everything because it's usually a bit cheaper and more abundant!

Well then Michaels only has the dark wood blocks!! I feel your pain!

I know I usually like the wood and everything but I was thinking for future use when we get our house I wanted to paint my walls turquiose and dark wood just wouldnt fit the bill lol. but target still has them just sucks you can;t use cpns. darn them.
but I just talked to my dh and he said if you by the dark wood and kilos white spray paint it will be just fine. so there may an option and save money that way. just an idea

scrapinboyz
Expert
scrapinboyz

Finally...pictures LOL

Card Memorabilia Before By Scrapinboyz

You'll have to go to my gallery if you want to see my helpers LOL

Finished Boxes By Scrapinboyz

Mother's Day & Father's Day Albums By Scrapinboyz

Card Storage Open By Scrapinboyz

Briannasmom
Queen
Briannasmom

for those of you who like the white cubes that m's use to carry I found that j's has soemthing similiar and they are 40% right now. they are called Crop In Style snap bins. soem good reviews. hope that helps

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to a_pez4

• a_pez4 Said:

I find it easier to keep paper stacks/sets together and not break them out by colors. If you bought papers individually then I'd sort them by the projects you intended to use them for. If you just bought them because they were pretty/on impulse, scrap them now and not worry about how to sort.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

I'm back and trying to catch up on all the images from here and on other challenges.

The concrete was pored but the wall isn't finished. Maybe tomorrow? I don't know. I know I won't be doing any moving of stuff this Saturday. I plan on scrapping for NSBD here on sb.c.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

This is for you ribbonholics. Instead of having to find places for all those lovely ribbons, scrap them. I just saw this beautiful layout that used ribbons in a way I've not seen before:

A Grandma's Love is Forever
By CGMoon

I got Cindy's permission to post it here.

Joining Scrap Fasters really helped me reign in my spending and clutter. Imagine that. Now one of my goals is to use up stuff before buying more stuff.

scrapinboyz
Expert
scrapinboyz

Pretty LO...TFS

CrazyScrapbooker
Governor
CrazyScrapbooker

• scrapinboyz Said:
Finally...pictures LOL

Card Memorabilia Before By Scrapinboyz

You'll have to go to my gallery if you want to see my helpers LOL

Finished Boxes By Scrapinboyz

Mother's Day & Father's Day Albums By Scrapinboyz

Card Storage Open By Scrapinboyz

WOW oh WOW! Yea Sherri!

Briannasmom
Queen
Briannasmom

love that lo.

CrazyScrapbooker
Governor
CrazyScrapbooker

• Bling Fairy Vivian Said:
I find it easier to keep paper stacks/sets together and not break them out by colors. If you bought papers individually then I'd sort them by the projects you intended to use them for. If you just bought them because they were pretty/on impulse, scrap them now and not worry about how to sort.

The majority of my paper is bought because its pretty

a_pez4
a_pez4 
Expert
a_pez4

Well my paper is snow sorted into solids and pp... lol

Now to just choose which colour for double-sided cardstock I like best! some of them are alright because it's different shades.. but some are like blue on one side and pink on the other! haha

Ande
Ande 
Diva
Ande
  • Ande on 05-01-08 03:24 PM

• Margaretinaz Said:
  • Ande Said:

Your icon picture is cute!! I love dogs!!

Dog???? What Dag???? She was really a "Kid" with fur LOL

Ande
Ande 
Diva
Ande
  • Ande on 05-01-08 03:34 PM
In response to Ande

Boy everyone is really going to town...I guess I am too but not something that shows yet....Have been working on the Font organizing so at the end I will post a list of all the Catagories I came up with. I know that was a problem for me when I started. catch you all later Carol

Ande
Ande 
Diva
Ande
  • Ande on 05-01-08 03:35 PM
In response to GrandmaG

• GrandmaG Said:
Here's the pics of what I finished...

Embellishment shelf finished

Embellishment shelf 1 finished!
By GrandmaG

Inking/Paint area – I need either wall shelves or a taller book case there is not enough room.

Ink and Paint shelves
By GrandmaG

New Basket to store items to alter

To Alter Box
By GrandmaG

Purge box – before all is said and done, I might pull out a few of the nice shoebox size boxes to alter for my DGD’s room.

Purge box as of 01 May 08
By GrandmaG

Oh Gosh Janet, another purge box????

a_pez4
a_pez4 
Expert
a_pez4
In response to Ande

oh my.. I never realized how much pp I had that i HATE until i started organizing it..

I'm strange.. lol because I was originally going to store it by type.. like polka etc.. but I find myself not wanting to stack my favourite papers with the not so favourite.... as if they're too good for the uglies haha..

I might just make a few trays of coloured pp... there's a few I don't mind but probably won't use until I have kids (like really pale blues/pinks)...

*sigh*

a_pez4
a_pez4 
Expert
a_pez4

Hey All.. me again!

I've been busy today!

Paper storage - BEFORE

Paper Storage - BEFORE
By A_pez4

Half-way Through!

Paper Storage - Half-way
By A_pez4

COMPLETE!! (well until I change my mind that is.. hehe)

Cardstock is by colour - then light on top, dark on bottom

Paper Storage - AFTER
By A_pez4

Oh and just for fun -- Here's the "Inspiration Station" I created

Inspiration Rack
By A_pez4

Thanks for looking everyone!

ange
ange 
Diva
ange
  • ange on 05-01-08 06:02 PM
In response to a_pez4

You sure were busy!! Great job on the paper organization!!!!

Page 1 of 24 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics