Page 1 of 26 
Username Post: Virtual Crop Week #62-Jump Right In!        (Topic#1463029)
Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

What is this thread about?

Well, things get quiet here on the weekends, so a thread was started to just hang out and do a virtual crop. Since then it's grown into more. Several people are now "regular" including myself. We chat about anything and everything. (Warning: Sometimes we stray into areas that may be considered "adult," although we always try to be tasteful about it.) We share our latest layouts, pictures, whatever interests us. We have fun and encourage each other.

It's now all week long, too. Since it is a new thread each week, it's easier for anyone to join. Even though we start over each week, it's STILL pages and pages long. Don't be intimidated, we are happy to have anyone drop by and say hello. Some of us read all the replies and keep up, but it is not required. Warning: It can get addictive!

Circle Journal Information:
I suggest 8x8 format because it's easy to do and will fit into a standard mailer.

It's everyone's choice to do either a single or a two page spread and to add whatever you want. Vivian, personally, would like to see a current photo, likes and dislikes on whatever, and something unusual about each person. Like for Liz/Moxie to show her extensive Stickles collection.

To keep things simple, do the same layout for everyone. You could change papers and such depending on your stash but keeping to the same design will make things much easier/faster and no one gets a better page from you than the next person. If someone is short on funds/time to make copies, digitals are acceptable. Even digital copies can be doctored up (read that as blinged) to make a hybrid layout.

PM those you want page(s) from and you'll be getting PMs from others in the Circle. Just let it be known you're interesting in doing this in the thread. This isn't just for VCWer, so if you want to add other people, go ahead. It's your album.

Please leave updates about yourself here. This is for those who can't be online as much as they would like to be. At least this way, there's highlights from this thread.

Most of us also really love bling and encourage bling usage!

Come visit OUR GALLERY to meet some of the irregular regulars!

There are several of us who are dealing with weight/health issues, too, so we've started a HEALTHY CHALLENGE as a way to have support and accountability for whatever your goals may be.

So come on! Don't be bashful! And don't be afraid of the fact that this thread MOVES. Just jump in wherever we are, and we'll be glad to get you caught up on what's happening. We never know what we're going to talk about or how silly we will get.

WARNING: Reading of, or participation in, this thread could result in food or drink being sprayed across your computer.
Please practice proper food safety; eat and drink responsibly. We wouldn't want anyone to actually

Edited by Bling Fairy Vivian on 05-09-08 12:36 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to Vivian loves BLING

Started the new thread. Got 80+ pix uploaded and ordered. Finally feeling sleepy enough to try to go to bed again.

It's now raining here. That's good because we need the rain for agricultural reasons and for us to check for leaks in the new building. And it's bad, this means I can't apply the sealer tomorrow. Maybe I'll get to scrap instead.

Good night.

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

morning!

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to moxiegirl23

morning!

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

• daezee Said:
I probably screwed up. So get out your thwacking sticks.
I was just trying to catch up and I read Liz and Rio's posts about the MW thing.
I just signed up to be a consultant. I've been trying to decide for quite awhile now which company would work best for me, and a few days ago I decided on MW.

If you think it's going to work best, then it's the best choice for you. If you need advice, let me know. And honestly, if it doesn't work out, you're not out as much as you would be if you went CM. And if in the future you want to try CM, let me know.

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to leebla

sooooo....I just want everyone to know that as soon as my new pc is up and running...my very first project will be to backup all of my picture CDs. I know, I know....but with it being as stupid as it was being, it was just to daunting a task, and after all they are all on CDs and all in a case right?
DD borrowed the cases the other day.

Sooooo my computer genius friend...
anyone know if by some miracle a computer will read, or there is a way to retrieve any of my honeymoon pics off of a CD with a small chunk missing out of it?

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

• riorabbit Said:
I have plenty of friends that care, but truly...friends don't go sit through graduation ceremonies. They are tedious and annoying...

I would.

My BFF from high school is graduating with her RN and I think her masters in a couple of weeks. I've been invited to the ceremony, but I probably won't go simply because it's four hours away. I can't afford the gas or a hotel room if I go. I still might change my mind and go.

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to leebla

• leebla Said:
sooooo....I just want everyone to know that as soon as my new pc is up and running...my very first project will be to backup all of my picture CDs. I know, I know....but with it being as stupid as it was being, it was just to daunting a task, and after all they are all on CDs and all in a case right?

anyone know if by some miracle a computer will read, or there is a way to retrieve any of my honeymoon pics off of a CD with a small chunk missing out of it?

I don't know. Can you get the chunk back? And is DD still breathing?

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla

I need to go move some pics off of the old one now, onto the EHD. And any programs i might want to save. I guess actually I should just back up the whole pc on it and then I can pick and choose what I need later I think, right?

I still have a house to clean and soooo much paperwork to do and patients to call.

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to leebla

Well, the good thing about backing everything up is that you can start it going and then walk away and do something else for awhile.

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla

• moxiegirl23 Said:
  • leebla Said:

I don't know. Can you get the chunk back? And is DD still breathing?

DD is still breathing...because she is not here. She is at her dad's. And so far a certain little puppy seems to still be alive so he either didn't actually eat the piece, or hopefully he chewed it up small. I found the CD half under the couch. I didn't get a chance to look for the chunk since dh was coming in the door and I didn't want him to see it

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla

• moxiegirl23 Said:
Well, the good thing about backing everything up is that you can start it going and then walk away and do something else for awhile.

Figure I better start it now. Slow as that computer is, it may still be running when the guy gets here tomorrow!

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to leebla

My CM order is out for delivery! It will be here today and not Monday!

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to leebla

he is in another chewing stage.
A bad one. It isn't just things left in his reach. Last night he jumped up on the kitchen table for a package of plastic silverware.
The other day he stole a pill bottle off the back of my desk (that one scared the ******** out of me)

Scotch tape rolls, a barrette, pens, pencils....
he has about 12 million chew toys!!!!

Can't take my eyes off him for a minute,
But it's really easy, cause if he has something he shouldn't (and he knows) he makes a beeline for under the couch or under the bed! You cannot believe how fast he can flatten out and get under my couch!

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath
In response to leebla

Hello!

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to leebla

OMG!!! God is good!

There are actually two small pieces missing from this CD...but all of my pictures are still there and my laptop read them all!!!!!!!

Chief will live to chew another day!

I think I might have to scrap this one!

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to leebla

Yea!

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath
In response to scrappycath

DS #1 called from the bus stop..... forgot his wallet and he is walking in town after school with his buddies (big deal for an aspie guy). Of course by the time I could run it up to the bus stop the bus had been there... so I had to drive him to school.

Now the coffee I poured just before that is cold.

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

Elizabeth, have you thought about spraying him with a water bottle or shooting him with a nerf gun when he goes for something he shouldn't?

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

So glad to hear the CD chewing Chief will survive!

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

I'd still be going after DD.

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

Liz gets a package today!!!

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

Cathy.

If you add an ice cube or two, it's the perfect summer treat! a drizzle of chocolate syrup or a sprinkle of cinnamon and it's a trendy beverage!

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

• scrappycath Said:
Liz gets a package today!!!

Pray that John gets out of work "late" today and can pick up Abby from school so I don't miss the UPS guy. I'm seriously tempted to ask the woman I walk with if she can grab Abby today. If I miss the UPS guy and he doesn't leave it, then Abby and I get to go to the station tonight and attempt to pick it up. I really don't want that.

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

I am sorry to see that Vivian was awake at an unreasonable hour! Hope she got some rest.

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

• moxiegirl23 Said:
[[]] Cathy.

If you add an ice cube or two, it's the perfect summer treat! a drizzle of chocolate syrup or a sprinkle of cinnamon and it's a trendy beverage!

Ahhh, see that? There is a silver lining!

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

I'm skimming the old thread

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

I'm trying to see what software compatibility issues I might have with Vista, and none of the knowledge bases (adobe and microsucks) are being helpful.

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

and by "not being helpful" I mean that one of them has a broken search widget and I can't use it at all.

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

Sounds frustrating Liz.

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

Gotta go - see you after I get to work

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

running errands, back later.

Kimberly Rae Cole
Diva
Kimberly Rae Cole

Boing... jumping right in... still awake, haven't been to sleep.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

• scrappycath Said:
I am sorry to see that Vivian was awake at an unreasonable hour! Hope she got some rest.

Thanks. My sleep patterns get wonky at times and never take a sleep aid more than once in a week. Another rest for my high posting, too.

I plan on being more physically active today. Hope that will help with tonight.

We decided to have our mother's over for lunch. We'll go shopping tonight for the lunch. Smoked salmon, croissants, cream cheese, and whatever else we think of.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to Kimberly Rae Cole

• Kimberly Rae Said:

Is this good or bad?

I'm pretty sure I'm in the beginning stages of a manic phase. Whirlwind Vivian is about strike. Not a bad thing considering all the stuff that needs doing.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

Oh, yeah.

Happy Friday!!!

DawnInAZ
Queen
DawnInAZ
In response to leebla

• leebla Said:
he is in another chewing stage.
A bad one. It isn't just things left in his reach. Last night he jumped up on the kitchen table for a package of plastic silverware.
The other day he stole a pill bottle off the back of my desk (that one scared the ******** out of me)

Scotch tape rolls, a barrette, pens, pencils....
he has about 12 million chew toys!!!!

Can't take my eyes off him for a minute,
But it's really easy, cause if he has something he shouldn't (and he knows) he makes a beeline for under the couch or under the bed! You cannot believe how fast he can flatten out and get under my couch!

Those ropey toys helped my dog through his chewing stage. Also, ALOT of walks. Expending that pent up energy keeps them from seeking trouble. Usually.

DawnInAZ
Queen
DawnInAZ
In response to leebla

• leebla Said:
OMG!!! God is good!

There are actually two small pieces missing from this CD...but all of my pictures are still there and my laptop read them all!!!!!!!

Chief will live to chew another day!

I think I might have to scrap this one!

SAHWEEEEEET!!!

DawnInAZ
Queen
DawnInAZ

• Bling Fairy Vivian Said:
  • Kimberly Rae Said:

Is this good or bad?

I'm pretty sure I'm in the beginning stages of a manic phase. Whirlwind Vivian is about strike. Not a bad thing considering all the stuff that needs doing.

I hope you are able to get some rest.

DawnInAZ
Queen
DawnInAZ

Gosh I have so much catching up to do on challenges this weekend with comments and posting.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to DawnInAZ

How did I miss the DCWV thread? I'm now over there gushing.

DawnInAZ
Queen
DawnInAZ
In response to DawnInAZ

OK, in 15 days I am now down 15 pounds!!

momany
momany 
Idol
momany
In response to DawnInAZ

• DawnInAZ Said:

AWESOME!!
What are you doing/not doing?!

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to DawnInAZ

Keep up the good work. Get in some exercise to keep it off.

Hope to have a good exercise area in the new building. My elliptical is crazy to get at and use right now. Plus I really need to add yoga for relaxing but there's literally no floor space for me to stretch out on!

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

Seriously thinking of placing an order for Stickles.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

I placed an order for 3 dozen refills for the ATG gun and another 714 gun. I'm hoping to sell this gun later. It's not alot of mark up for me after shipping but at least this way someone doesn't have to wait for the shipment if they don't wanna.

Now I'm cruising sb.c to use up my gc and then some. Any suggestions? I'm hoping to keep it below $30 after shipping.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

May resort to evil bay for whole Stickles collection. Happy mother's day to me. I think I'm losing what marbles I had left.

momany
momany 
Idol
momany

May resort to evil bay for whole Stickles collection. Happy mother's day to me. I think I'm losing what marbles I had left.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

Drat, the first three things I wanted from my wish list are unavailable.

momany
momany 
Idol
momany

Now you've got me checking my wishlist.
I joined a kit club a few months ago so I'm not thinking I should shop but when you don't get to pick stuff out it doesn't feel the same.
The person who put the kits together seems to like orange a lot more than I do.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

Hey, TJ! Who knew shopping could be so hard?

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to momany

• momany Said:
Now you've got me checking my wishlist.
I joined a kit club a few months ago so I'm not thinking I should shop but when you don't get to pick stuff out it doesn't feel the same.
The person who put the kits together seems to like orange a lot more than I do.

At least this way, you're using colors you normally wouldn't but I wouldn't like that to a pattern with my kits. I've never joined any kit clubs. Got too much stuff to use as it is.

jellyziva
Governor
jellyziva

• moxiegirl23 Said:
I'm trying to see what software compatibility issues I might have with Vista, and none of the knowledge bases (adobe and microsucks) are being helpful.

Newsgroup is a better bet? I've always depended on the users instead ....

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to jellyziva

• jelly97 Said:
  • moxiegirl23 Said:

Adobe's is usually very helpful, but it's broken right now.

jellyziva
Governor
jellyziva

Oh, yeah.

Happy Friday!!!

You're up! How many hrs of sleep did you have???

jellyziva
Governor
jellyziva

But the joy I see in the ladies who bought the whole bag of all 35 (?) colours of stickles at CKC...

I checked out that store and couldn't find the special online. Guess it's only a store special...

momany
momany 
Idol
momany

So the only thing I really NEED is mini Glue Dots . I can get those at M's. Bummer. No excuse to shop the Superstore.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to jellyziva

• jelly97 Said:
Oh, yeah.

Happy Friday!!!

You're up! How many hrs of sleep did you have???

Got in bed a bit after 5, up around 8:30 I think. Feeling fine so far. Typing is wonky and slower today.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

Here's my order from the super store here!!!

And that's 3 bottles of the gold. Still need to redo a page from Mom's album with the same gold. This time I won't be running out!!!

jellyziva
Governor
jellyziva
In response to jellyziva

I am very mad at the Myanmar government! They confiscated UN aid...

I can understand NOT wanting outsider governments to come and mess with your govt. BUT when you have a disaster, and thousands of people needing clean water and food, then you LET the aid agencies in.

I think Red Cross is in... not sure if DWB(MSF) or other aid agencies are in.....

But to ignore the people's plight, and to worry about what others may SAY seemed like an unreasonable priority now. The aid is NEEDED.

jellyziva
Governor
jellyziva
In response to momany

• momany Said:

So the only thing I really NEED is mini Glue Dots . I can get those at M's. Bummer. No excuse to shop the Superstore.

Glue Dots and Stickles are necessities...

jellyziva
Governor
jellyziva

• moxiegirl23 Said:
  • jelly97 Said:
  • moxiegirl23 Said:

Adobe's is usually very helpful, but it's broken right now.

True, MS and Intuit are not...

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

Oops, needed to add this for the special, too.
Products Referenced in This Post:

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

Changed my order. Removed the vertical organizers and added 3 bottles of different colored Stickles. Hoping this will alleviate my desire to order the whole pack on evil bay.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

Ordering here is done. What's next?

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

Simon: I'm trying to put this as delicately as I can...how do I know you won't kill me in my sleep?
Mal: You don't know me, son, so let me put this to you plainly: If I ever kill you, you'll be awake. You'll be facing me. And you'll be armed.
Simon: Are you always this sentimental?
Mal: I had a good day.
Simon: You had the Alliance on you, criminals and savages... half the people on the ship have been shot or wounded including yourself, and you're harboring known fugitives.
Mal: We're still flying.
Simon: That's not much.
Mal: It's enough.

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to jellyziva

Shirley. I've been following that story. It's heartbreaking and the government is being stupid.

Unfortunately, most of my being upset is being focused on my local city government and the school district. The city is facing a shortfall, the mayor wants to cut spending and the superintendant has decided that any cut in spending is unacceptable where I can see that the school's spending is already ridiculous and out of control. Sorry, but if their budget and spending was in control, then they would not be begging parents to donate basic necessities like paper towels and cleaning supplies. I see problems in the school district that will not be fixed if they throw money at them, and honestly, I would rather see spending cut than see my taxes go up. I have free or inexpensive resources to make up for any shortfalls in Abby's education, I don't have an extra several hundred dollars minimum for taxes that they're just going to waste anyway.

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

WTH! DHL (who is the shipper bringing me my laptop) just delivered my computer "lojack" recovery software that comes with my laptop. Both items left at the same time from the same place, but evidently, my laptop is taking the Scenic Route from Dell to Manchester.

jellyziva
Governor
jellyziva

• moxiegirl23 Said:

Unfortunately, most of my being upset is being focused on my local city government and the school district. The city is facing a shortfall, the mayor wants to cut spending and the superintendant has decided that any cut in spending is unacceptable where I can see that the school's spending is already ridiculous and out of control. Sorry, but if their budget and spending was in control, then they would not be begging parents to donate basic necessities like paper towels and cleaning supplies. I see problems in the school district that will not be fixed if they throw money at them, and honestly, I would rather see spending cut than see my taxes go up. I have free or inexpensive resources to make up for any shortfalls in Abby's education, I don't have an extra several hundred dollars minimum for taxes that they're just going to waste anyway.

That's outrageous! Isn't there check and balances to monitor school spendings? Isn't there someone who should audit their $$ use and say what's needed and what's a waste?

I'm also sad about people's moral values these days. No I'm not talking about whether one should have sex before marriage ... that kind of thing. But more fundamental things like: if you're in charge of public funds in your job, you would do your best to use it in the right ways. But I see some people who see taking money for their own use as "it's ok because the system allows me to". Even though the system is BROKEN, we should not abuse it.

Somewhere else on the web is about the rehashing of
1. a person who embezzled from her employer and was charged; and now her LOs are featured in a blog (which has been pulled, which I don't really care)

2. a company that went bankrupt while the owners lived some may call a "rather lavish lifestyle".

The discussions are of course from both sides. The thing that bothered me are people who:

1. said the store owner is 'stupid' because for 3 years, she noticed a trickling of missing $$, but couldn't put a finger on it until .. well, 3 years later; well, calling her stupid is, well, personal opinion. But thinking that because she is, in their opinion, 'not smart', is thus making stealing from her OK is something I do NOT agree with

2. again, people said the printers were stupid in letting the company rack up $40,000 charges before stopping their business, as if they deserve it. IMHO, most small business owners will try to be more flexible with another small business owner thinking that they will pay back the $$. Again, I do not agree that because the printers cut the company some slack, then it is OK to NOT pay them back ....

In general, I notice a decline in knowing what is right and what is wrong. Not everything is ok. If you owe $, you pay it back. If you steal $, you give it back. Or better yet, don't steal...

Those seem pretty basic rules... but people have to argue over it. That's what causing people spending HOURS and HOURS coming up with a system that prevents EVERYONE from stealing... a system that has to assume everyone's guilty unless proven innocent.... isn't that sad???

jellyziva
Governor
jellyziva
In response to jellyziva

Sorry.. forgot about [/get off soapbox]

jellyziva
Governor
jellyziva
In response to jellyziva

Dr's appt..

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to jellyziva

The city of Manchester has a spending problem. We have two different payroll companies to handle payroll for the entire city. It's been proven that having one unified payroll would save the city money and the aldermen shoot it down everytime it's proposed. Tons of city officials get to bring their city vehicles home, they don't always work the full day that they get paid for. It drives me insaner than I normally am!

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to jellyziva

Shirley, you'll see more and more attitudes like this. If it's permitted, it's okay. Or if they can get away with it, it's okay. No more strong rights and wrongs in society. And it's always someone else's fault, usually the victims. They should have known better, .

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

• moxiegirl23 Said:
WTH! DHL (who is the shipper bringing me my laptop) just delivered my computer "lojack" recovery software that comes with my laptop. Both items left at the same time from the same place, but evidently, my laptop is taking the Scenic Route from Dell to Manchester.

Lappy likes the Scenic Route maybe?

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

Heck, my town's mayor and family stole over $300,000 from my hick town over the past few years. Councilmen had to have known. Mayor finally resigned recently. Wife and dd was caught shredding evidence. DD was on payroll so she could have health insurance but she did not work at all for the town.

And here's the worst part. The guy that finally blew the whistle had his dogs shot, not killed but bad enough that he had to finish putting them down.

We no longer have any city/town police. State police had to step in.

Shall I go on?

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

I've turned into a crazy old lady who writes the newspaper a lot.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

I wondered about the $5,000 the town got for "beautification purposes." Two dirt mounds were erected and some plants were thrown on it. Next year mounds were cleared away/leveled.

I don't go to the town meetings here. I fear the drama and well, I can't keep my mouth shut. Plus I'm actually a little outside the official limits. So don't know if I should bother. Last thing I need in my life is political strife with gun slinging red necks!!!

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

• moxiegirl23 Said:

I think you're just the crazy lady who writes the newspaper a lot. Not old yet.

jellyziva
Governor
jellyziva

• moxiegirl23 Said:
The city of Manchester has a spending problem. We have two different payroll companies to handle payroll for the entire city. It's been proven that having one unified payroll would save the city money and the aldermen shoot it down everytime it's proposed. Tons of city officials get to bring their city vehicles home, they don't always work the full day that they get paid for. It drives me insaner than I normally am!

Checks and balances? Where are you two?

jellyziva
Governor
jellyziva

Heck, my town's mayor and family stole over $300,000 from my hick town over the past few years. Councilmen had to have known. Mayor finally resigned recently. Wife and dd was caught shredding evidence. DD was on payroll so she could have health insurance but she did not work at all for the town.

And here's the worst part. The guy that finally blew the whistle had his dogs shot, not killed but bad enough that he had to finish putting them down.

We no longer have any city/town police. State police had to step in.

Shall I go on?

jellyziva
Governor
jellyziva

I wondered about the $5,000 the town got for "beautification purposes." Two dirt mounds were erected and some plants were thrown on it. Next year mounds were cleared away/leveled.

I don't go to the town meetings here. I fear the drama and well, I can't keep my mouth shut. Plus I'm actually a little outside the official limits. So don't know if I should bother. Last thing I need in my life is political strife with gun slinging red necks!!!

Please do NOT go, Vivian.. I don't want to lose you!

DawnInAZ
Queen
DawnInAZ
In response to momany

• momany Said:
  • DawnInAZ Said:

AWESOME!!

I was stopping at Whataburger almost every morning and getting breakfast with a big Coke. I stopped that, although I went today.
I also have been cutting out alot of the fast food I was doing.

jellyziva
Governor
jellyziva
In response to jellyziva

Turns out I have another 45 min ...

I should be organizing and uploading photos, updating our family website.... finishing up an LO...

But I choose to play here

Some lighter news:
Warren Buffet is going to guest star as himself in All My Children. He's going to talk to a 'vixen' who got herself in trouble due to insider trading. He's going to play, himself, of course, and giving her financial advice.

He is reported to be a long term fan of All My Children.

jellyziva
Governor
jellyziva
In response to DawnInAZ

• DawnInAZ Said:
  • momany Said:
  • DawnInAZ Said:

AWESOME!!

I was stopping at Whataburger almost every morning and getting breakfast with a big Coke. I stopped that, although I went today.
I also have been cutting out alot of the fast food I was doing.

Good for you!!!

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to jellyziva

• jelly97 Said:
Turns out I have another 45 min ...

I should be organizing and uploading photos, updating our family website.... finishing up an LO...

But I choose to play here

Some lighter news:
Warren Buffet is going to guest star as himself in All My Children. He's going to talk to a 'vixen' who got herself in trouble due to insider trading. He's going to play, himself, of course, and giving her financial advice.

He is reported to be a long term fan of All My Children.

That's John's boss! Seriously, Mr. Buffet bought John's company from Walmart several years ago.

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

• moxiegirl23 Said:

I think you're just the crazy lady who writes the newspaper a lot. Not old yet.

My hands, knees and lower back make me feel old. Definate arthritis in all three places. And evidently, my conservatism makes me appear old to some of my peers.

DawnInAZ
Queen
DawnInAZ
In response to jellyziva

• jelly97 Said:
I am very mad at the Myanmar government! They confiscated UN aid...

I can understand NOT wanting outsider governments to come and mess with your govt. BUT when you have a disaster, and thousands of people needing clean water and food, then you LET the aid agencies in.

I think Red Cross is in... not sure if DWB(MSF) or other aid agencies are in.....

But to ignore the people's plight, and to worry about what others may SAY seemed like an unreasonable priority now. The aid is NEEDED.

I am so mad about this.
They say it could raise the death toll up over 100,000 because of the delay in aid.
Stupid men.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

Yay! TJ wrote in the update blog!!

I added the following:
It rained last night, so I was able to check for leaks in the new building. No leaks in the roof but some water got in from one of the doors. Dh or I will add some more protection around the door seal.

Can't apply sealer today due to humidity from the rain. Maybe that's a good thing. Got too much going on as it is.

I ordered 36 refills for my ATG gun. That should take me through the rest of this year and then some. Ordered another gun but they're out until July. I didn't want a 700 plus adapter.

I also finally used my gc from here. I ordered the following items:
-Across The Street - Lazy Scrapper Organizer - Blue and Brown
- Tombow - Mono Adhesive Dots Roller and Glue Pen Combo, BRAND NEW
-3- Ranger Ink - Stickles Glitter Glue - Gold, BRAND NEW
- Ranger Ink - Stickles Glitter Glue - Baby Blue, BRAND NEW
- Ranger Ink - Stickles Glitter Glue - Waterfall, BRAND NEW
- Ranger Ink - Stickles Glitter Glue - Stardust, BRAND NEW

And now I'm debating on ordering the entire Stickles collection from evil bay.

Plan on shopping tonight for food stuff for Mother's day. We're gonna serve lunch here at our house.

Tomorrow, I'll be babysitting the boys and will be driving them to dd's new house.

DD is having a hard time shopping for me for my mother's day gift. I asked for more cabinets for my sb area. I found more like the ones I got from K-mart at Big Lots. I even bought 3 more of the ones with the sliding shelves yesterday.

DawnInAZ
Queen
DawnInAZ

Simon: I'm trying to put this as delicately as I can...how do I know you won't kill me in my sleep?
Mal: You don't know me, son, so let me put this to you plainly: If I ever kill you, you'll be awake. You'll be facing me. And you'll be armed.
Simon: You had the Alliance on you, criminals and savages... half the people on the ship have been shot or wounded including yourself, and you're harboring known fugitives.

hehehe, you already posted this yesterday Viv. You need a nappie!!!

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

Wednesday, I bought the boys this outdoor camping scene/play house thingie. I think I'll put it together in the building for them to play with tomorrow.

Got alot to do and none of it is getting done while I sit on my rear.

I really need dh to run electrical AND an cable line for web connection for me. I'd move in that building today!!!

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to DawnInAZ

• DawnInAZ Said:

hehehe, you already posted this yesterday Viv. You need a nappie!!!

I know and you're probably right about the nappie, too. That scene with Mal saying, "It's enough." has a very special meaning to me right now. I've gotta remember what's enough.

I'm stressing over dd moving, mother's day, building, son being home schooled, wanting to start a business, sister, going to NH next month, I'm sure I've left things off.

jellyziva
Governor
jellyziva

DD is having a hard time shopping for me for my mother's day gift. I asked for more cabinets for my sb area. I found more like the ones I got from K-mart at Big Lots. I even bought 3 more of the ones with the sliding shelves yesterday.

What's her email addy?

jellyziva
Governor
jellyziva

Wednesday, I bought the boys this outdoor camping scene/play house thingie. I think I'll put it together in the building for them to play with tomorrow.

Got alot to do and none of it is getting done while I sit on my rear.

I really need dh to run electrical AND an cable line for web connection for me. I'd move in that building today!!!

It looks VERY good... what are you using it for again? Will there be a place for scrapping???

jellyziva
Governor
jellyziva
In response to jellyziva

I am going to do a little work-work... back in the afternoon...

jellyziva
Governor
jellyziva
In response to jellyziva

Oh oh oh.. before I go.. I want to share I'm doing my first LO without any photo!

Don't worry, I haven't moved to the 'dark side'.. I am scrapping 8 piles of ticket stubs from our 06 trip. It is going to be the index page for my travel album.....

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

• scrappycath Said:

Thanks. My sleep patterns get wonky at times and never take a sleep aid more than once in a week. Another rest for my high posting, too.

I plan on being more physically active today. Hope that will help with tonight.

We decided to have our mother's over for lunch. We'll go shopping tonight for the lunch. Smoked salmon, croissants, cream cheese, and whatever else we think of.

Yummy!!!

DawnInAZ
Queen
DawnInAZ

• moxiegirl23 Said:
[[]] Shirley. I've been following that story. It's heartbreaking and the government is being stupid.

Here, you would not believe all the extra supplies some of the school districts require.
Here is a sample list for a first grade student in a Scottsdale elementary school:

2 - 16 Count Crayola Crayons
1 - Sharp 5” Fiskar Scissors
1 - 4 Oz. Elmer’s School Glue
6 - Small Elmer’s Glue Stick
1 - Pink Bevel Eraser
1 - 2” Hardback Vinyl Binder
1 - 160 Count Box Kleenex Tissues
1 - Blue Plastic Pocket and Brad Folder
1 - Green Plastic Pocket and Brad Folder
1 - Yellow Plastic Pocket and Brad Folder
1 - Red Plastic Pocket and Brad Folder
1 - Washable Crayola Thick Classic Markers
1 - 8 Oz. Bottle Waterless Hand Sanitizer with Pump
12 - #2 Wood Pencils
1 - 20 Count Box Ziplock Gallon Bags
2 - Bounty Paper Towel Rolls
1 - 8x5 Spacemaker School Box
1 - 70 Count Wide Ruled Spiral Composition Book
2 - Expo2 Low Odor Bullet Tip Black Dry Erase Marker
1 - 7 Inch 24 Count Colored Pencils

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

Seriously thinking of placing an order for Stickles.

What's holding you back?!!

DawnInAZ
Queen
DawnInAZ

• moxiegirl23 Said:

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

Ordering here is done. What's next?

I now see there was no hold up!

Page 1 of 26 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics