Page 2 of 26 
Username Post: Virtual Crop Week #62-Jump Right In!        (Topic#1463029)
Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to jellyziva

• jelly97 Said:
  • Bling Fairy Vivian Said:
Wednesday, I bought the boys this outdoor camping scene/play house thingie. I think I'll put it together in the building for them to play with tomorrow.

Got alot to do and none of it is getting done while I sit on my rear.

I really need dh to run electrical AND an cable line for web connection for me. I'd move in that building today!!!

It looks VERY good... what are you using it for again? Will there be a place for scrapping???

About a third of it will be my new scrapping space that I hope to turn into a business. My current space will revert back into a reading room/guest area.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to scrappycath

• scrappycath Said:
Seriously thinking of placing an order for Stickles.

What's holding you back?!!

I ordered some Stickles from the Superstore here. I've also placed a bid on a whole 35 color lot at evil bay. And am now watching several others.

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to DawnInAZ

• DawnInAZ Said:
  • moxiegirl23 Said:
[[]] Shirley. I've been following that story. It's heartbreaking and the government is being stupid.

Unfortunately, most of my being upset is being focused on my local city government and the school district. The city is facing a shortfall, the mayor wants to cut spending and the superintendant has decided that any cut in spending is unacceptable where I can see that the school's spending is already ridiculous and out of control. Sorry, but if their budget and spending was in control, then they would not be begging parents to donate basic necessities like paper towels and cleaning supplies. I see problems in the school district that will not be fixed if they throw money at them, and honestly, I would rather see spending cut than see my taxes go up. I have free or inexpensive resources to make up for any shortfalls in Abby's education, I don't have an extra several hundred dollars minimum for taxes that they're just going to waste anyway.

Here, you would not believe all the extra supplies some of the school districts require.
Here is a sample list for a first grade student in a Scottsdale elementary school:

2 - 16 Count Crayola Crayons
1 - Sharp 5” Fiskar Scissors
1 - 4 Oz. Elmer’s School Glue
6 - Small Elmer’s Glue Stick
1 - Pink Bevel Eraser
1 - 2” Hardback Vinyl Binder
1 - 160 Count Box Kleenex Tissues
1 - Blue Plastic Pocket and Brad Folder
1 - Green Plastic Pocket and Brad Folder
1 - Yellow Plastic Pocket and Brad Folder
1 - Red Plastic Pocket and Brad Folder
1 - Washable Crayola Thick Classic Markers
1 - 8 Oz. Bottle Waterless Hand Sanitizer with Pump
12 - #2 Wood Pencils
1 - 20 Count Box Ziplock Gallon Bags
2 - Bounty Paper Towel Rolls
1 - 8x5 Spacemaker School Box
1 - 70 Count Wide Ruled Spiral Composition Book
2 - Expo2 Low Odor Bullet Tip Black Dry Erase Marker
1 - 7 Inch 24 Count Colored Pencils

I have no problem buying school supplies. I can even justify buying the hand sanitizer for Abby. I can even understand the teacher wanting specific types/colors of folders and notebooks. But I pay over $4000 in taxes to the city annually, and my taxes are relatively low because I have a condo and not a stand alone house with more land. Do not tell me that there is no money in the budget for bloody cleaning supplies and beg me for them. That's just piss-poor management and corruption.

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath
In response to DawnInAZ

• DawnInAZ Said:
  • momany Said:
  • DawnInAZ Said:
OK, in 15 days I am now down 15 pounds!!

AWESOME!!
What are you doing/not doing?!

I was stopping at Whataburger almost every morning and getting breakfast with a big Coke. I stopped that, although I went today.
I also have been cutting out alot of the fast food I was doing.

This is a great change to make. And in moderation. Don't deprive yourself completely - but allow a "special treat" every once in a while.

The weight is coming off really fast. You've probably awoken a sluggish metabolism. Hopefully it will slow to a more manageable loss rate. I hope I'm not discouraging you, but I'm hoping that you don't lose so quickly that you end up with health issues as a result. Just looking out for you, my friend!

I know your weather is probably already getting hot, but maybe you can fit in a 20-30 min. walk each day? Or some other exercise to help your body keep the jump start you've given to your metabolism.

Keep up the healthy choices. This is great!!

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

Update for those who are following the story.

Myanmar's government is allowing one US military cargo plane with aid for the cyclone victims to land on Monday.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

This scene ALWAYS cracks me up:

Jayne (over radio): Cap'n, cap'n, can you hear me?
Mal: I'm standing right here.
Jayne: You're coming through loud and clear.
Mal: 'Cause I'm standing right here.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to moxiegirl23

• moxiegirl23 Said:
Update for those who are following the story.

Myanmar's government is allowing one US military cargo plane with aid for the cyclone victims to land on Monday.

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to Vivian loves BLING

Hmm. Maybe I should put on some Firefly this afternoon to motivate me.

DawnInAZ
Queen
DawnInAZ

• DawnInAZ Said:
Simon: I'm trying to put this as delicately as I can...how do I know you won't kill me in my sleep?
Mal: You don't know me, son, so let me put this to you plainly: If I ever kill you, you'll be awake. You'll be facing me. And you'll be armed.
Simon: Are you always this sentimental?
Mal: I had a good day.
Simon: You had the Alliance on you, criminals and savages... half the people on the ship have been shot or wounded including yourself, and you're harboring known fugitives.
Mal: We're still flying.
Simon: That's not much.
Mal: It's enough.

hehehe, you already posted this yesterday Viv. You need a nappie!!!

I know and you're probably right about the nappie, too. That scene with Mal saying, "It's enough." has a very special meaning to me right now. I've gotta remember what's enough.

I'm stressing over dd moving, mother's day, building, son being home schooled, wanting to start a business, sister, going to NH next month, I'm sure I've left things off.

I know, I am sure its alot of stuff swirling around up there.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

Going now to eat breakfast/lunch, sweep out the building. Maybe assemble that play house thingie. May end up watching the boys tonight, too, so....

Got lots of house work. Down side of great computer and internet connection.

DawnInAZ
Queen
DawnInAZ

• scrappycath Said:
  • DawnInAZ Said:
  • momany Said:
  • DawnInAZ Said:

AWESOME!!

I was stopping at Whataburger almost every morning and getting breakfast with a big Coke. I stopped that, although I went today.

This is a great change to make. And in moderation. Don't deprive yourself completely - but allow a "special treat" every once in a while.

The weight is coming off really fast. You've probably awoken a sluggish metabolism. Hopefully it will slow to a more manageable loss rate. I hope I'm not discouraging you, but I'm hoping that you don't lose so quickly that you end up with health issues as a result. Just looking out for you, my friend!

I know your weather is probably already getting hot, but maybe you can fit in a 20-30 min. walk each day? Or some other exercise to help your body keep the jump start you've given to your metabolism.

I think alot of this initial loss is definitely water weight from my swollen feet/legs.
(Which are noticably less swollen.)

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

It's a really ucky day out.

DawnInAZ
Queen
DawnInAZ

OK, my work is beckoning...so talk to ya later.

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath
In response to DawnInAZ

Me too - gotta get back to the work stuff. {drags self away}

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia

• moxiegirl23 Said:
WTH! DHL (who is the shipper bringing me my laptop) just delivered my computer "lojack" recovery software that comes with my laptop. Both items left at the same time from the same place, but evidently, my laptop is taking the Scenic Route from Dell to Manchester.

Lappy likes the Scenic Route maybe?

I'm sorry, girls, I know that's not funny, but the fact that sb.com makes a link out of "Scenic Route" IS. Liz-Moxie, I hope your Lappy gets to you soon!!!

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia
In response to DawnInAZ

[quote=DawnInAZ][quote=sc rappycath][quote=DawnInAZ ][quote=momany][quote=Daw nInAZ]OK, in 15 days I am now down 15 pounds!!
[/quote]
AWESOME!!
[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]
I think alot of this initial loss is definitely water weight from my swollen feet/legs.
(Which are noticably less swollen.)
[/quote]
I'm STILL proud of you, Dawny.

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia
In response to BlingQueenRia

Okay, i have GOT to figure out a meal plan for the next three days since I am home. (I took Mother's Day off, I plan to do nothing but cook and scrap all day.) I told DH I had no problems cooking all of our meals instead of going out, because I love to cook. BUT before I go, I thought y'all might want to know what Lady Elizabeth is wearing to go "Grocery Shop-It" with me:

a grey t-shirt with Tootsie Pops on it
a red-and-gold Christmas skirt
ivory "pantyhose" (tights) from Christmas
white ruffly "sock-socks"
white Mary Janes she wore in my friend's wedding last weekend

AND...the piece d'resistance (sp???)...she's carrying a little "Speed Racer" purse with a little "Speed Racer" compact in it (new McD's toys: "Speed Racer" cars for the boys and girlie accessories for the girls)

What on EARTH am I going to do with this child????? She does NOT get her fashion-sense from ME!!! OH no!!! (I'm wearing burgundy capris and an ivory-and-burgundy flowery shirt. Matches.)

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia

And now she's added a silver headband to the getup...I don't know what I'm going to do with her...No clue...at all...

DawnInAZ
Queen
DawnInAZ

• BlingPrincessRia Said:
Okay, i have GOT to figure out a meal plan for the next three days since I am home. (I took Mother's Day off, I plan to do nothing but cook and scrap all day.) I told DH I had no problems cooking all of our meals instead of going out, because I love to cook. BUT before I go, I thought y'all might want to know what Lady Elizabeth is wearing to go "Grocery Shop-It" with me:

AND...the piece d'resistance (sp???)...she's carrying a little "Speed Racer" purse with a little "Speed Racer" compact in it (new McD's toys: "Speed Racer" cars for the boys and girlie accessories for the girls)

What on EARTH am I going to do with this child????? She does NOT get her fashion-sense from ME!!! OH no!!! (I'm wearing burgundy capris and an ivory-and-burgundy flowery shirt. Matches.)

Is it that cold there that she is wearing BOTH tights AND socks?

DawnInAZ
Queen
DawnInAZ

• BlingPrincessRia Said:
And now she's added a silver headband to the getup...I don't know what I'm going to do with her...No clue...at all...

The OCD in me would want coordination.

Kimberly Rae Cole
Diva
Kimberly Rae Cole

• Kimberly Rae Said:
Boing... jumping right in... still awake, haven't been to sleep.

Is this good or bad?

I'm pretty sure I'm in the beginning stages of a manic phase. Whirlwind Vivian is about strike. Not a bad thing considering all the stuff that needs doing.

I've been manic all day yesterday.... and now about to crash...

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

• BlingPrincessRia Said:

Pix.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

I am one spoiled Southern girl!!! Need air conditioning!!! No electricity in the building. Want long extension cord and oscillating fan NOW!!!

Got things at least better inside my house. Still lots to do. Still haven't eaten. No appetite, very unusual for me.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to Kimberly Rae Cole

• Kimberly Rae Said:
  • Kimberly Rae Said:

Is this good or bad?

I'm pretty sure I'm in the beginning stages of a manic phase. Whirlwind Vivian is about strike. Not a bad thing considering all the stuff that needs doing.

Here's to hoping you crash right at bed time. Same for me, too.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

Slow day on the boards everywhere.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

Jenni posted to the update blog but no here. I'm not telling what she posted. You gotta go look for yourselves.

Yeah, feeling childish today, too.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

My mom wants me to hire baby brother to do some of the work here. I had to tell her no. He doesn't follow instructions. She's ticked at me now. But this is why he can't keep a job. I am NOT having him over here adding to my stress AND taking my money!!!!

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

DD is starting to unload some of the boys' things for me to keep here. I knew that would happen. I just trying for the things I wanted to keep here.

FAMILY!!!

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

Still no clue for Estee's challenge. I'm still hoping to start on that. I've found some pix. I had accidentally order duplicates for that album I was making for dd's adoption by my dh. So now I've these extra pix just perfect for a mini-album. Even found parts of mini-accordian albums I had started some time ago. I think I'll do something with these. The journaling part is what's gonna be hardest for me.

Thinking of making an album about what a good father dh is. I can journal up alot there. If I can keep him from seeing it, it can be part of his father's day present next month along with those Good Eats DVDs

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

Chat later. Back to house work...

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

I understand that John is peeved that he was planning on leaving work two hours ago and just left. I understand that he wanted to be out of the house over an hour ago for his game and he's not even home yet. I understand that he's frustrated because all he did was stand around all day and they wouldn't let him leave early in case there was more work when he was originally given permission to leave at 11 today (that got axed because supervisor didn't document it). I need him to be available for ten lousy minutes while I drive Abby home from school, just in case the UPS guy shows up with my box. I need him to not be in the shower and able to answer the door - he doesn't even have to sign for the friggin box, just let my UPS stud in the building! You would think that my simple request meant chopping off hands at the wrist.

I made him his favorite cookies this morning. I rushed through everything I needed to do just so I could make sure they were ready for him to bring with him. Now I'm thinking about unpacking them from his bag. Heck, I could even help him get out of here early today, I'll haul all his game out to the parking lot and he can just pull in, load and leave-won't even need to come inside. Probably safer for him, too.

c-leaper
Queen
c-leaper
In response to leebla

• leebla Said:
You cannot believe how fast he can flatten out and get under my couch!

Oooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh yesIcan.

c-leaper
Queen
c-leaper
In response to leebla

• leebla Said:
OMG!!! God is good!

There are actually two small pieces missing from this CD...but all of my pictures are still there and my laptop read them all!!!!!!!

Chief will live to chew another day!

I think I might have to scrap this one!

:bigsmile:

c-leaper
Queen
c-leaper

• Kimberly Rae Said:

KIM! That was at nearly 6:00 a.m. your time!

c-leaper
Queen
c-leaper
In response to DawnInAZ

• DawnInAZ Said:

Ummmm....honey? That's awfully fast.

c-leaper
Queen
c-leaper
In response to jellyziva

• jelly97 Said:
I am very mad at the Myanmar government! They confiscated UN aid...

I can understand NOT wanting outsider governments to come and mess with your govt. BUT when you have a disaster, and thousands of people needing clean water and food, then you LET the aid agencies in.

I think Red Cross is in... not sure if DWB(MSF) or other aid agencies are in.....

But to ignore the people's plight, and to worry about what others may SAY seemed like an unreasonable priority now. The aid is NEEDED.

Ohforeverlovin'.

DawnInAZ
Queen
DawnInAZ
In response to c-leaper

• c-leaper Said:
  • DawnInAZ Said:

Ummmm....honey? That's awfully fast.

It's mostly water weight.

DawnInAZ
Queen
DawnInAZ
In response to DawnInAZ

Gotta go get some salad at the hospital. BBIAB

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to DawnInAZ

I'm here. Heard the UPS truck and waited outside for my box. Brought the box with me to Abby's school. Me, Abby and the box are now home. John's gone to CT, but he already called once with panicky "where is my?" questions. Sometimes you would think that I had two kids.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

• moxiegirl23 Said:
I'm here. Heard the UPS truck and waited outside for my box. Brought the box with me to Abby's school. Me, Abby and the box are now home. John's gone to CT, but he already called once with panicky "where is my?" questions. Sometimes you would think that I had two kids.

You do have two kids. Just get used to it. Have to laugh about it, too. No use getting steamed, no matter how rightly.

Glad you got the box.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

Got half the building swept clean. My arms and back are starting to feel the strain. I really need an extension cord and vacuum. The windows are open and the wind keeps blowing things back.

I did get the boys' play area up. Very cute, well worth the $20 at K-mart. Still would rather have Thomas. I knew I should have bought that second one there!!!

Gonna take a bath and get presentable. Dh was planning on a date night but there's just too much to do to relax and date. So we'll go shopping for food.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

OH, Liz, just noticed in your siggie "Pointing out the obvious is merely a hobby of" yours. Maybe that's why John's dependent on you to tell him such things.

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

The only reason I got upset was because he picked a fight with me on the phone when I asked him for one thing that wouldn't affect his leaving time. Once again, he left me with the impression that I am less important to him than the game is.

To shake myself out of my foul mood, I am going to do my chores and get everything ready for my crop day tomorrow. Ideally, I'll be asleep at a decent time tonight and can get up early tomorrow and powerlayout the Disney album. I'd like to be able to spend a good 12-14 hours cropping tomorrow.

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

OH, Liz, just noticed in your siggie "Pointing out the obvious is merely a hobby of" yours. Maybe that's why John's dependent on you to tell him such things.

Honestly, I think he was looking for someone to blame. Not me!

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia
In response to DawnInAZ

• DawnInAZ Said:
  • BlingPrincessRia Said:

The OCD in me would want coordination.

No, it's not that cold where she needs both tights AND socks...it's 63* here. Cloudy, but perfect temperature. It's the temp that if you want to wear a short-sleeved shirt, you can...or if you want to wear a long-sleeved shirt, you can...LOVE that kind of temps!

And the OCD in ME kept announcing to everybody who looked at her strangely or snickered, "I didn't dress her!" And Lizzie...stinker-butt that SHE is, would counter with, "YES, SHE DID!!!"

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

I wish I was cropping tomorrow.

Good for you, Liz, for not taking the blame.

I've learned that many of my priories are not my dh's. And visa versa. Sadly, I still plan many things as "my" projects and making adjustment to NOT have his help. I was relieved for the most part when he started canoing and kayaking without my involvement.

Ds's attitude is largely dh's fault where my treatment is concerned. Now I no longer let dh dictate THAT. Ds is directly under both of us. No more disrespecting me or he'll find many unpleasant things happening to him or more likely many pleasant things not happening. Dh suffers too when son is on computer restriction. They like to play online together.

DD has delusions that her father will be up and ready at 6 am to help them move. He just "huh?ed" me when I asked him when he was planning on waking up tomorrow. I'll let the menfolk work THAT out.

DD was wanting me up that early to take the boys from them. "HUH?!?!?" We'll see.

DawnInAZ
Queen
DawnInAZ

Yum...I just ate some Jerk Seasoned Tilapia, French Green Beans and plain white rice.

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia

• BlingPrincessRia Said:

Pix.

They're on their way, transferring from the memory card...

DawnInAZ
Queen
DawnInAZ

YAY!!

DawnInAZ
Queen
DawnInAZ
In response to DawnInAZ

Back to work here.
I will pop in later.

foltzy
foltzy 
Governor
foltzy
In response to DawnInAZ

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia
In response to foltzy

As promised, here is the picture of my little fashionista who chooses her OWN clothes....

My LIttle Fashionista
By BlingPrincessRia

daezee
daezee 
Diva
daezee

• moxiegirl23 Said:
  • daezee Said:
I probably screwed up. So get out your thwacking sticks.
I was just trying to catch up and I read Liz and Rio's posts about the MW thing.
I just signed up to be a consultant. I've been trying to decide for quite awhile now which company would work best for me, and a few days ago I decided on MW.

If you think it's going to work best, then it's the best choice for you. If you need advice, let me know. And honestly, if it doesn't work out, you're not out as much as you would be if you went CM. And if in the future you want to try CM, let me know.

Liz You are so kind. I don't mean to offend anyone. MW was the least expensive to get into, with no minimum requirement...basically, I will be feeding my habit and the habits of my friends! It was something I wanted to try, without losing too much of an investment.
My intro package came today...I got in on the "blackout" so it was cheaper. Their new catalogs come out on Monday so I'll need to purchase those separately. I need to figure this all out.
My goal is to have crops here over the summer and maybe get a few sales.

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia
In response to daezee

• daezee Said:
  • moxiegirl23 Said:
  • daezee Said:
I was just trying to catch up and I read Liz and Rio's posts about the MW thing.
I just signed up to be a consultant. I've been trying to decide for quite awhile now which company would work best for me, and a few days ago I decided on MW.

If you think it's going to work best, then it's the best choice for you. If you need advice, let me know. And honestly, if it doesn't work out, you're not out as much as you would be if you went CM. And if in the future you want to try CM, let me know.

Liz You are so kind. I don't mean to offend anyone. MW was the least expensive to get into, with no minimum requirement...basically, I will be feeding my habit and the habits of my friends! It was something I wanted to try, without losing too much of an investment.
My intro package came today...I got in on the "blackout" so it was cheaper. Their new catalogs come out on Monday so I'll need to purchase those separately. I need to figure this all out.

I think it sounds great, Monica!

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to daezee

• daezee Said:
  • moxiegirl23 Said:
  • daezee Said:

I don't think you offended anyone. I certainly understand where you're coming from. If I had to join CM today rather than almost 4 years ago, I don't know if I could afford it or really think that I could succeed with it. Depending on which kit a new consultant buys, you spend between $150 and $300 and that's a HUGE amount of money at any time, much less the current economy. I feel like I have enough customers to make my activity quotas, but sometimes I'm doubtful that I have enough for me to not be working elsewhere.

Let me know if you ever want to chat about being a consultant. Sometimes I think I should blog "How not to succeed as a scrapbooking consultant".

foltzy
foltzy 
Governor
foltzy

I don't know if any of you watch the Duggar shows on.. okay I forget the channel but the mom announced on the Today show today that she's pregnant with number 18. All I can say is wow.

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to foltzy

• Diva foltzy Said:
I don't know if any of you watch the Duggar shows on.. okay I forget the channel but the mom announced on the Today show today that she's pregnant with number 18. All I can say is wow.

I saw that on the news earlier. It's funny, I can watch Jon & Kate Plus 8 but watching the Duggars freak me out. I can barely handle one right now, let alone 8 or 18.

foltzy
foltzy 
Governor
foltzy

See I can't stand Jon & Kate plus 8 watched it when if first came on and then the mom got on my nerves (Though I did watch the trip to Disney World). Know what you mean about barely handle the one you got except I have 2 and there are days where I can barely hand them. I use to want to have 4 but not anymore 2 is enough.

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to foltzy

I watch Jon and Kate because it's like driving by an accident and rubbernecking. Watching the Duggars is just downright scary - between the sheer number of children (and at what point do they just fall out of her body thanks to all the previous labors?) and them all dressing similarly even though most of the kids aren't multiples.

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

Ok. I've opened my box to look at everything. The albums are so awesome! I didn't think I would love the Disney Picfolio Milestones as much as I do. I can't wait to do that album! I haven't opened the paper yet, but I looked at what's visible in the shrinkwrap and some of it's so pretty!! I'm thinking of buying more to use on non-Disney layouts! I should be able to post pics when the laptop shows up.

foltzy
foltzy 
Governor
foltzy

Can't wait to see them.

All right gotta go start making the pizza and chase a kid away from his daddy's computer.

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath
In response to foltzy

Would some one tell my dh that giving me a list of all the things he accomplished today is not helping me to relax?

Scrappy Nan
Idol
Scrappy Nan

hello ladies...just got back to work from my DD's kindergarten mother's day tea and fashion show. talk about adorable. i am feeling all mushy and lovey. of course i let my DD talk me into signing her out of school early and now she is running around my work charming all my co-workers

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

• scrappycath Said:
Would some one tell my dh that giving me a list of all the things he accomplished today is not helping me to relax?

Cath.

Is it one of those DH moons? The ones where they annoy us even more than usual?

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

• moxiegirl23 Said:
  • Diva foltzy Said:

I saw that on the news earlier. It's funny, I can watch Jon & Kate Plus 8 but watching the Duggars freak me out. I can barely handle one right now, let alone 8 or 18.

Never seen either of those shows. But when you get to having that many kids - you've got built in helpers!

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

• moxiegirl23 Said:
  • scrappycath Said:

Cath.

Is it one of those DH moons? The ones where they annoy us even more than usual?

I'm thinking that's it Liz. I feel like i should stay away from him - or I'm going to get really irritated and that would not be good.

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath
In response to Scrappy Nan

• Scrappy Nan Said:
hello ladies...just got back to work from my DD's kindergarten mother's day tea and fashion show. talk about adorable. i am feeling all mushy and lovey. of course i let my DD talk me into signing her out of school early and now she is running around my work charming all my co-workers

Cool! SOunds like an awesome day. Put her to work!

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

Liz/Fotzy is making pizza - I'm hungry! I had a plain yogurt and banana for lunch. But I don't know what I want for dinner. Have nothing planned.

momany
momany 
Idol
momany

• moxiegirl23 Said:
I watch Jon and Kate because it's like driving by an accident and rubbernecking. Watching the Duggars is just downright scary - between the sheer number of children (and at what point do they just fall out of her body thanks to all the previous labors?) and them all dressing similarly even though most of the kids aren't multiples.

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

• scrappycath Said:
  • moxiegirl23 Said:
  • Diva foltzy Said:

Never seen either of those shows. But when you get to having that many kids - you've got built in helpers!

For me, it's just too many people. I don't like crowds to begin with, and 20 people in one house or 10 people in another house is just too much for me.

momany
momany 
Idol
momany

I guess that means you won't be coming for a visit any time soon...

daezee
daezee 
Diva
daezee

• DawnInAZ Said:
Simon: I'm trying to put this as delicately as I can...how do I know you won't kill me in my sleep?
Mal: You don't know me, son, so let me put this to you plainly: If I ever kill you, you'll be awake. You'll be facing me. And you'll be armed.
Simon: Are you always this sentimental?
Mal: I had a good day.
Simon: You had the Alliance on you, criminals and savages... half the people on the ship have been shot or wounded including yourself, and you're harboring known fugitives.
Mal: We're still flying.
Simon: That's not much.
Mal: It's enough.

hehehe, you already posted this yesterday Viv. You need a nappie!!!

I know and you're probably right about the nappie, too. That scene with Mal saying, "It's enough." has a very special meaning to me right now. I've gotta remember what's enough.

I'm stressing over dd moving, mother's day, building, son being home schooled, wanting to start a business, sister, going to NH next month, I'm sure I've left things off.

Vivian Sounds like you've been doing some retail therapy! Do we need an intervention?

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to momany

• momany Said:
I guess that means you won't be coming for a visit any time soon...

My family is lucky I leave the house to go to the grocery store! I can do crowds when I absolutely have to, but I need some alone time afterwards to decompress.

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

Yup - I should've stayed away from dh!

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

• scrappycath Said:

I practically pushed John out the door this afternoon. He really made me mad this afternoon and I ended up waiting in the parking lot for my UPS guy rather than be in the house when he got home. I knew I would start yelling.

daezee
daezee 
Diva
daezee

• Kimberly Rae Said:
  • Kimberly Rae Said:

Is this good or bad?

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia

• scrappycath Said:
Liz/Fotzy is making pizza - I'm hungry! I had a plain yogurt and banana for lunch. But I don't know what I want for dinner. Have nothing planned.

I'm making pizza, too! I have our menu planned for the weekend (breakfast is usually either pancakes, cereal, or eggs):

Saturday lunch: Hamburger Helper 3-cheese
Saturday dinner: baked chicken, rice (OR potatoes), and green beans

Sunday lunch: Depends on if the kids go to church AND lunch with their grandparents...If they do go, it'll just be me for lunch, not too exciting...if they DON'T go, it'll be a French-toast brunch
Sunday dinner: roast, mashed potatoes and homemade gravy, green beans, and for dessert, ice cream for Jeremy and the kids and cheesecake for me....Momma did GOOOOOOOD!!!!

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

We go into one of those conversations of what do you want to do tonight/for dinner and I don't know how to describe it - but he made it as if I'm the only person that needs to eat and I'm putting him out. So I'm not making or getting anything for dinner for anyone, including myself.

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

• moxiegirl23 Said:
  • scrappycath Said:

I practically pushed John out the door this afternoon. He really made me mad this afternoon and I ended up waiting in the parking lot for my UPS guy rather than be in the house when he got home. I knew I would start yelling.

Meeting the UPS man on the side, are you?

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

I just want to relax and watch some shows I have DVR'd. But I never get to have access to that TV!

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia
In response to foltzy

• Diva foltzy Said:

TELL me about it!!! Jeremy heard on the radio this morning that she was pregnant with her third set of twins! Whether that's true or not I don't know, but still...can you imagine 18 kids? Can you imagine being pregnant SIXTEEN TIMES????? CNN had something on her, too, either that or Yahoo! News. Did you know that Mrs. Duggar has spent ELEVEN YEARS of her life PREGNANT??? OMG!

daezee
daezee 
Diva
daezee

• moxiegirl23 Said:
  • daezee Said:
  • moxiegirl23 Said:
  • daezee Said:

I don't think you offended anyone. I certainly understand where you're coming from. If I had to join CM today rather than almost 4 years ago, I don't know if I could afford it or really think that I could succeed with it. Depending on which kit a new consultant buys, you spend between $150 and $300 and that's a HUGE amount of money at any time, much less the current economy. I feel like I have enough customers to make my activity quotas, but sometimes I'm doubtful that I have enough for me to not be working elsewhere.

Let me know if you ever want to chat about being a consultant. Sometimes I think I should blog "How not to succeed as a scrapbooking consultant".

I'll probably be able to assist with your blog...I can be a "guest" blogger.

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia

• scrappycath Said:
We go into one of those conversations of what do you want to do tonight/for dinner and I don't know how to describe it - but he made it as if I'm the only person that needs to eat and I'm putting him out. So I'm not making or getting anything for dinner for anyone, including myself.

Then come over here and have pizza.

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

I think I'm just gonna go get myself in another room before this turns into more of a mess than it is.

Unfortunately that means I don't havce access to you guys.

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

• BlingPrincessRia Said:
  • scrappycath Said:

Wish you weren't so far away!!!

daezee
daezee 
Diva
daezee

• BlingPrincessRia Said:
  • daezee Said:
  • moxiegirl23 Said:
  • daezee Said:

Thanks Ria!

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia

• scrappycath Said:
  • BlingPrincessRia Said:
  • scrappycath Said:

Wish you weren't so far away!!!

Oh, honey I know! Pizza dough is sitting on the counter for its final rise before I start making pizzas.

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

• scrappycath Said:
  • moxiegirl23 Said:
  • scrappycath Said:

The funniest part was when I got an angry phone call from John after I had been at the school for ten minutes. "If you were so all fired up to get your box and it's that important to you, then why did you walk to school this afternoon? I was behind the UPS guy when we were coming down our street, I saw your car in the parking lot and when I got inside, you weren't there." Umm, I did, the box is in my car right now and my car is down the block from where I'm standing right now. I should've asked him if he hasn't learned yet that if he gives me grief when I ask him a favor, I don't rely on him and figure out a way to meet all my obligations on my own, even if they conflict.

daezee
daezee 
Diva
daezee
In response to foltzy

• Diva foltzy Said:

All I can say is one of these days, that woman and her patient voice is gonna explode.

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia
In response to daezee

[quote=daezee][quote=Blin gPrincessRia][quote=daeze e][quote=moxiegirl23][quo te=daezee]I probably screwed up. So get out your thwacking sticks.

[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]
[/quote]
Thanks Ria!
[/quote]
Welcome, Monica!

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia

• moxiegirl23 Said:
  • scrappycath Said:
  • moxiegirl23 Said:
  • scrappycath Said:

The funniest part was when I got an angry phone call from John after I had been at the school for ten minutes. "If you were so all fired up to get your box and it's that important to you, then why did you walk to school this afternoon? I was behind the UPS guy when we were coming down our street, I saw your car in the parking lot and when I got inside, you weren't there." Umm, I did, the box is in my car right now and my car is down the block from where I'm standing right now. I should've asked him if he hasn't learned yet that if he gives me grief when I ask him a favor, I don't rely on him and figure out a way to meet all my obligations on my own, even if they conflict.

Sounds like John might be in need of a "time out until he's sweet."

Liz

daezee
daezee 
Diva
daezee

• moxiegirl23 Said:

daezee
daezee 
Diva
daezee

• scrappycath Said:

A LIST?!? Where's that thwacking stick?

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

[quote=BlingPrincessRia][ quote=moxiegirl23][quote= scrappycath][quote=moxieg irl23][quote=scrappycath] Yup - I should've stayed away from dh!
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Liz
[/quote]

He's out in the woods right now. If beating the out of dumb LARPers doesn't change his attitude, then he'll be sleeping on the porch and fight it out with the squirrels.

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia

[quote=moxiegirl23][quote =BlingPrincessRia][quote= moxiegirl23][quote=scrapp ycath][quote=moxiegirl23] [quote=scrappycath]Yup - I should've stayed away from dh!
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Liz
[/quote]

He's out in the woods right now. If beating the out of dumb LARPers doesn't change his attitude, then he'll be sleeping on the porch and fight it out with the squirrels.

[/quote]
Hmmm....John vs. Bouncy, Spaz, and the rest of the Squirrel Posse...wonder who's gonna win...my vote's on the squirrels.

daezee
daezee 
Diva
daezee

My dh announced at the dinner table last night that he was taking the day off today so he would be up to help get everyone out the door. There was a collective groan from all four of us girls.
Our mornings here are NOT pleasant, but we've worked out a system where we just kind of rotate in circles around each other, trying to stay out of each other's way. Throwing an impatient, intolerant of girlie stuff, man in there just causes stress.

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia
In response to daezee

• daezee Said:
  • scrappycath Said:

A LIST?!? Where's that thwacking stick?

Will this one do?

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia
In response to daezee

• daezee Said:
My dh announced at the dinner table last night that he was taking the day off today so he would be up to help get everyone out the door. There was a collective groan from all four of us girls.
Our mornings here are NOT pleasant, but we've worked out a system where we just kind of rotate in circles around each other, trying to stay out of each other's way. Throwing an impatient, intolerant of girlie stuff, man in there just causes stress.

May The Force be with you, sweetie...

daezee
daezee 
Diva
daezee
In response to daezee

I told him to be on the lookout for my UPS man because my MW stuff was scheduled to arrive today. When I got home, he informed me that my hot UPS guy had turned into a girl.

Page 2 of 26 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics