Page 4 of 26 
Username Post: Virtual Crop Week #62-Jump Right In!        (Topic#1463029)
c-leaper
Queen
c-leaper
In response to BlingQueenRia

• BlingPrincessRia Said:
  • c-leaper Said:
There's a new thread under "recent topics" about "you don't have a job you're a SAHM." Part of me is sooooooo curious to know what it's about. Part of me is afraid I'll get furious once I find out.

But being a SAHM IS a job. People don't understand that. I only do it 2 days a week, sometimes 3, but it is still a job in and of itself. Especially in MY house. OMG.

Oh heckyeah!

I'm sure I've told y'all about when I was applying for my first job after being home with Kim from the time she was born until she started school. The guy doing the interview had the NERVE (well, mostly he just wasn't thinking) to look at my resume and ask "what happened? you kind of fell off the radar here?" for those 5 years.

Once I had the job, I set him straight that you NEVER tell a SAHM that she "fell off the radar."

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia

Okay, time to clear off the plate from dinner, get another Diet Coke, and begin juggling scrapping and chatting!

c-leaper
Queen
c-leaper
In response to foltzy

• Diva foltzy Said:
I'm really lucky. Brian knows it's a job. He acknowledges that it's a job and hates and I mean hates when I say I don't have a job. He tells me I have the most important job and he knows he couldn't do it. He is very helpful and thank goodness I got a man like him.

Jim's like that. All it takes is one day (or even MOST of one day) of him being primarily responsible for the baby (say, if Kim's cramming for finals) and he acknowledges that it's not an easy thing to do and he appreciates how well I seem to do it.

c-leaper
Queen
c-leaper
In response to BlingPrincessMarci

• MarciMellow Said:
and i feel a bit guilty for being as upset about it as i am... i have so many other things in my life that are going well and im on vacation! i should be happy. but im seriously bummed!

thanks for all the support! hubbys not feeling very well today (he has hypothyroidism) so hes sleeping and i knew i needed to vent thanks for being here

i just need to remember it will eventually happen and will when its meant to be. and that i have other things to look forward to. after vacation ill have a lot of scrapping to do!

Hon, don't feel guilty. It's a big thing in your life and something you really really want. It's natural to feel disappointed.

c-leaper
Queen
c-leaper

[quote=BlingPrincessRia][ quote=c-leaper][quote=Bli ngPrincessRia][quote=Jesu s Rocks][quote=riorabbit]Wh oa...went a way for a small time to talk to parents (they both came home at once...hee hee..cracked me up that they got home at the exact same time, but came from opposite ends of the street). You all got chatty while I was gone!

Shirley, ... I kind of like Barbararara
[/quote]

Well, I'm partial to Barbara, but since you all are so nice you can call me whatever is easiest for you!
[/quote]

But I'm guessing NOT "Barbie Girl," right?
[/quote]

Oh, thanks a BUNCH. Now I have that song stuck in my head!!!!!
[/quote]

~'m a Barbie girl...in my Barbie wooooorld...life in plastic, it's fantastic...~
[/quote]

I throw bling in your general direction....

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia
In response to c-leaper

• c-leaper Said:
  • Diva foltzy Said:
I'm really lucky. Brian knows it's a job. He acknowledges that it's a job and hates and I mean hates when I say I don't have a job. He tells me I have the most important job and he knows he couldn't do it. He is very helpful and thank goodness I got a man like him.

Jim's like that. All it takes is one day (or even MOST of one day) of him being primarily responsible for the baby (say, if Kim's cramming for finals) and he acknowledges that it's not an easy thing to do and he appreciates how well I seem to do it.

Jeremy's the same way. He totally respects how I handle the house, and does everything he can to help keep it running smoothly while I'm working nights. It's not easy on the kids that Momma's not there to give them their baths, tuck them in, or kiss their "cheeps" goodnight, but I DO sneak in and kiss them when I come home at midnight and they're sleeping.

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia
In response to c-leaper

[quote=c-leaper][quote=Bl ingPrincessRia][quote=c-l eaper][quote=BlingPrinces sRia][quote=Jesus Rocks][quote=riorabbit]Wh oa...went a way for a small time to talk to parents (they both came home at once...hee hee..cracked me up that they got home at the exact same time, but came from opposite ends of the street). You all got chatty while I was gone!

Shirley, ... I kind of like Barbararara
[/quote]

Well, I'm partial to Barbara, but since you all are so nice you can call me whatever is easiest for you!
[/quote]

But I'm guessing NOT "Barbie Girl," right?
[/quote]

Oh, thanks a BUNCH. Now I have that song stuck in my head!!!!!
[/quote]

~'m a Barbie girl...in my Barbie wooooorld...life in plastic, it's fantastic...~
[/quote]

I throw bling in your general direction....

[/quote]

*holds out an empty bucket*

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia
In response to c-leaper

• c-leaper Said:
  • BlingPrincessRia Said:
  • c-leaper Said:
There's a new thread under "recent topics" about "you don't have a job you're a SAHM." Part of me is sooooooo curious to know what it's about. Part of me is afraid I'll get furious once I find out.

But being a SAHM IS a job. People don't understand that. I only do it 2 days a week, sometimes 3, but it is still a job in and of itself. Especially in MY house. OMG.

Oh heckyeah!

I'm sure I've told y'all about when I was applying for my first job after being home with Kim from the time she was born until she started school. The guy doing the interview had the NERVE (well, mostly he just wasn't thinking) to look at my resume and ask "what happened? you kind of fell off the radar here?" for those 5 years.

Once I had the job, I set him straight that you NEVER tell a SAHM that she "fell off the radar."

*high-five*

You TELL him, Jenni!

foltzy
foltzy 
Governor
foltzy

Brian bought me two mother's day gifts this week and is hiding them until Sunday. I know one is a new cartridge for my Cricut and I'm pretty sure the other is a new appliance for the kitchen (I like to cook). He got me flowers too but he gave them to me today. I hate waiting to get presents (I hate surprises).

riorabbit
Queen
riorabbit
In response to c-leaper

• c-leaper Said:

Oh heckyeah!

I think his comment kind of makes sense. It is not that he was saying "you were not working". Just not trackable work. So not on the radar...you were definitely working still. I dunno...guess his wording kind of makes sense to me and I would guess he didn't mean it badly, but I was not there. Now...if he had known you were a sahm mom and commented on that...that is different.

c-leaper
Queen
c-leaper

First of all... to everyone who is here.

Job interview this morning was short. 1/2 hour or less. I thought it went decently. I think. I hope. I chatted with the unit director, took a walk-through tour of the unit (critical care is set up in two sections, each with 8 beds).

The upside - I think I could really put my counseling background to great use with the families, especially since families with CCU patients are REALLY stressed.

The upside - you can more-or-less make your own work schedule, as long as you do your required number of days and you're responsible for either doing or getting someone to cover your assigned weekends.

The downside - the night shift unit coordinator (UC) does double duty as needed (PRN - right, Dawn?) as a nurse tech/nurse's aide. This means I'll not only have to go through training to be a UC, but also go through the nurse's tech training.

The upside - That's another skill set to add to my repertoire.

The downside - it's not what I signed on for, nor what I really want to do.

The upside - Director said nurse tech would only be 20-25% of what I'd be doing.

The downside - it's 20-25% of what I'd be doing.

The downside - all the training (except the last few shifts before I'm turned loose on my own) will be daytime hours. Not sure yet how that's going to work with Kim's schedule. Especially since.....

While she was out getting her nails done last night (did I mention this already?) another lady was at the salon. They got to talking. This other lady & her hubby own/run a home healthcare business. Hubby is going out this coming week to see if he can get new clients. If he does, they'll need more workers, and the lady told Kim that if she was interested, the lady would like to at least interview her for one of those positions. I keep asking Kim whether she'd like that kind of work. She keeps telling me it's $11/hour. (Which sounds like a dream job to her.) On the upside, it WOULD be daytime hours, which would balance my night shifts, so we should be able to tag-team caring for Ethan. And she could work as much/little as she wanted (i.e. accept as many patients/clients as she thought she could handle).

However...back to my job now...I really thought (like, 60% thought) I'd hear something about the job today. The HR girl seemed like it was almost a done deal, and my interview was so early this morning (9:30). I really thought I'd hear something before HR went home at 5:00 this afternoon. And I didn't. So now I don't know whether to worry or not.

posting.....stay tuned for part 2.....

c-leaper
Queen
c-leaper
In response to foltzy

• Diva foltzy Said:
Brian bought me two mother's day gifts this week and is hiding them until Sunday. I know one is a new cartridge for my Cricut and I'm pretty sure the other is a new appliance for the kitchen (I like to cook). He got me flowers too but he gave them to me today. I hate waiting to get presents (I hate surprises).

Awwww. But I love those kinds of surprises.

Scrappygal50
Queen
Scrappygal50
In response to BlingPrincessMarci

• MarciMellow Said:
and i feel a bit guilty for being as upset about it as i am... i have so many other things in my life that are going well and im on vacation! i should be happy. but im seriously bummed!

thanks for all the support! hubbys not feeling very well today (he has hypothyroidism) so hes sleeping and i knew i needed to vent thanks for being here

i just need to remember it will eventually happen and will when its meant to be. and that i have other things to look forward to. after vacation ill have a lot of scrapping to do!

Oh sweetie, don't feel guilty! It will happen when it's meant to.

riorabbit
Queen
riorabbit
In response to c-leaper

Jenni... I hope all works out with the job stuff.

c-leaper
Queen
c-leaper
In response to riorabbit

• riorabbit Said:
  • c-leaper Said:

Oh heckyeah!

I think his comment kind of makes sense. It is not that he was saying "you were not working". Just not trackable work. So not on the radar...you were definitely working still. I dunno...guess his wording kind of makes sense to me and I would guess he didn't mean it badly, but I was not there. Now...if he had known you were a sahm mom and commented on that...that is different.

No, it wasn't meant badly. And while it did tweak me a bit, I didn't take it REALLY badly. But I could definitely see where someone else could've gotten majorly hot and bothered by an offhanded, non-thinking comment like that.

Scrappygal50
Queen
Scrappygal50
In response to foltzy

• Diva foltzy Said:

I love surprises! The flowers alone would have made my day!

foltzy
foltzy 
Governor
foltzy
In response to Scrappygal50

Don't get me wrong I love the flowers and I'm sure I know I'll love the gifts too. I think my whole thing about surprises is they are unpredictable and I think when some just surprises me with stuff it sends me into a panic attack. I don't like not knowing what I"m getting because what if I don't like it and then what do I say to the person giving it to me. I'm beginning to think I have anxiety issues about things. When Brian mentions that we need to do something that I wasn't planning on it really throws me for a loop and then I need to rearrange my schedule and deal with the new thing.

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia
In response to foltzy

Jenni, I hope you get the answer you're looking for...

c-leaper
Queen
c-leaper
In response to c-leaper

part deux....

Kim is at the wedding rehearsal tonight. Ethan is not.

3 nights ago, Kim finally found out that the rehearsal was set for 7:30 this evening. And the girls (bride & bridesmaids) were going to the church at 1:30 this afternoon to decorate. And there was no word on when or where the rehearsal dinner would be.

Kim informed the bride (Aunt Heather) that she couldn't do the 1:30 thing - she had a final that didn't even start until 2:30.

Yesterday Aunt Heather told Kim that the dinner would be at 6:30 at the groom's parents' house. Way out in the country. You-can't-get-there-from- here kind of out in the country. Kim would have to drive to the nearby town, hope that she could get a cell signal, and call for someone to come meet her and lead her to the house.

This morning Kim got word that the dinner would be at 6:30, but the rehearsal now was scheduled for 8:00. She & I had already been talking about the fact that a 7:30 rehearsal would probably run until 8:30, which would be just late enough for Ethan to fall asleep on the way home, then he'd be awake forever tonight because he would've had a catnap, and we'd have a horrid time getting him up tomorrow in time to be back over at the church at 11 for pictures. So when the rehearsal got moved to 8:00, Kim simply informed them that Ethan wouldn't be there tonight and he'd practice riding in the wagon tomorrow between picture time and wedding time.

On top of all this, Ethan decided not to take a nap at ALL today. He slept until sometime after 10 this morning (he was just waking up when I came home from my interview). I put him down this afternoon for a nap, but he simply played in his bed for an hour but never went to sleep.

So he stayed home tonight, went out to dinner with me & Jim, and went to bed as soon as we got home (about 8:15).

Back to the rehearsal for a minute....

This is a "country" wedding. The girls are wearing pretty dresses, yes. And it's in a church, yes. I'm not sure what the guys are wearing. The two little boys being pulled in the wagon will wear white polo onesies with black trim around the collar, denim overalls, and be barefoot. The reception is being held in someone's very nicely fixed up barn. To accommodate the reception, the girls are all wearing flip-flops with their very fancy dresses.

So the rehearsal tonight was supposed to be VERY casual. Jeans and nice tops. Until early this afternoon, when Aunt Heather started calling her girls and telling them they needed to "dress cute" for tonight. One bridesmaid had already left home and wasn't planning to go back before going to the dinner and rehearsal, so she simply said she'd be there in her jeans. Kim was so confuzzled about what she should wear, she ended up wearing jeans and a t-shirt but taking a dress and sandals.

I told Kim to take notes on what NOT to do if she ever decides to get married. She said, "Like, EVERYTHING?!?!"

c-leaper
Queen
c-leaper

• BlingPrincessRia Said:

Thanks for the hugs, sisterfriends.

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia
In response to c-leaper

• c-leaper Said:
part deux....

3 nights ago, Kim finally found out that the rehearsal was set for 7:30 this evening. And the girls (bride & bridesmaids) were going to the church at 1:30 this afternoon to decorate. And there was no word on when or where the rehearsal dinner would be.

Kim informed the bride (Aunt Heather) that she couldn't do the 1:30 thing - she had a final that didn't even start until 2:30.

Yesterday Aunt Heather told Kim that the dinner would be at 6:30 at the groom's parents' house. Way out in the country. You-can't-get-there-from- here kind of out in the country. Kim would have to drive to the nearby town, hope that she could get a cell signal, and call for someone to come meet her and lead her to the house.

This morning Kim got word that the dinner would be at 6:30, but the rehearsal now was scheduled for 8:00. She & I had already been talking about the fact that a 7:30 rehearsal would probably run until 8:30, which would be just late enough for Ethan to fall asleep on the way home, then he'd be awake forever tonight because he would've had a catnap, and we'd have a horrid time getting him up tomorrow in time to be back over at the church at 11 for pictures. So when the rehearsal got moved to 8:00, Kim simply informed them that Ethan wouldn't be there tonight and he'd practice riding in the wagon tomorrow between picture time and wedding time.

On top of all this, Ethan decided not to take a nap at ALL today. He slept until sometime after 10 this morning (he was just waking up when I came home from my interview). I put him down this afternoon for a nap, but he simply played in his bed for an hour but never went to sleep.

So he stayed home tonight, went out to dinner with me & Jim, and went to bed as soon as we got home (about 8:15).

This is a "country" wedding. The girls are wearing pretty dresses, yes. And it's in a church, yes. I'm not sure what the guys are wearing. The two little boys being pulled in the wagon will wear white polo onesies with black trim around the collar, denim overalls, and be barefoot. The reception is being held in someone's very nicely fixed up barn. To accommodate the reception, the girls are all wearing flip-flops with their very fancy dresses.

So the rehearsal tonight was supposed to be VERY casual. Jeans and nice tops. Until early this afternoon, when Aunt Heather started calling her girls and telling them they needed to "dress cute" for tonight. One bridesmaid had already left home and wasn't planning to go back before going to the dinner and rehearsal, so she simply said she'd be there in her jeans. Kim was so confuzzled about what she should wear, she ended up wearing jeans and a t-shirt but taking a dress and sandals.

I told Kim to take notes on what NOT to do if she ever decides to get married. She said, "Like, EVERYTHING?!?!"

OMG, Jenni!!! Would Heather be considered a "bridezilla"?

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia
In response to c-leaper

• c-leaper Said:
  • BlingPrincessRia Said:

There's more where those came from...times ten, you know...

BlingPrincessMarci
Diva
BlingPrincessMarci

so im pretty sure that i have THE smartest cat ever! not only has she learned a handful of tricks and how to open door and cupboards and drawers.. but now i think she knows what suitcases are! so i was getting our out ready to pack (i wanted to pack days ago!!! but its a it early! im just excited ) and i get this glare from Chloe. i got the same glare before our last Indy weekend trip... and before our honeymoon... and there is this spot that she sits in when shes angry with me.

do you think she really knows that we are going away?! hehehe

Scrappygal50
Queen
Scrappygal50
In response to c-leaper

• c-leaper Said:
  • BlingPrincessRia Said:

You have hugs coming from me too!

Scrappygal50
Queen
Scrappygal50

One day I'm going to learn how to put all these smily faces and characters on like the rest of you!

c-leaper
Queen
c-leaper

• BlingPrincessRia Said:
  • c-leaper Said:
part deux....

OMG, Jenni!!! Would Heather be considered a "bridezilla"?

It's getting really close.....

c-leaper
Queen
c-leaper

• BlingPrincessRia Said:
  • c-leaper Said:
  • BlingPrincessRia Said:

There's more where those came from...times ten, you know...

Okay, so now I'm going to go do something I've wanted to do all week and haven't had a chance.

I'm going to SCRAP. (If I don't fall asleep first.)

I'll be back in a little bit. Can't stand to stay away too long, y'know.

c-leaper
Queen
c-leaper

• Jesus Rocks Said:
  • c-leaper Said:
  • BlingPrincessRia Said:

You have hugs coming from me too!

Barbara -- for a lot of them, when you're typing your reply, just to the left of the "reply" box there's a place that says "smilies." There are a few there, along with a link to "more smilies." Click on the link and it'll open up a box of several "approved" smilies for use here on the forum. Just click one of those and it'll insert into your reply wherever your cursor is.

That's good for a start.

Scrappygal50
Queen
Scrappygal50

Last night my youngest ds girlfriend called and I guess I sounded upset. She asked my ds why I sounded like that and he told her I was tired and having a time with my lupus. She asked him what it was and he looked it up on the internet because he didn't know. After they talked, he came into the living room and said "Mom, I'm sorry. I didn't know how sick you were." Of course, I had to explain that not everybody is the same, and that I'm not going to die anytime soon. God willing!

daezee
daezee 
Diva
daezee
In response to c-leaper

• c-leaper Said:
  • daezee Said:
My goal is to have crops here over the summer and maybe get a few sales.

Just tell me when.

I propose a crop weekend based at Monica's house for any of us in the Ohio/Indiana/Illinois area.

HOW GREAT WOULD THAT BE?!?!?!?!?!

Scrappygal50
Queen
Scrappygal50

Let's try!

Scrappygal50
Queen
Scrappygal50

Geez! My mother says I am not very observant. Oh how right she is, because that was simple!

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia

• Jesus Rocks Said:
Last night my youngest ds girlfriend called and I guess I sounded upset. She asked my ds why I sounded like that and he told her I was tired and having a time with my lupus. She asked him what it was and he looked it up on the internet because he didn't know. After they talked, he came into the living room and said "Mom, I'm sorry. I didn't know how sick you were." Of course, I had to explain that not everybody is the same, and that I'm not going to die anytime soon. God willing!

My cousin has lupus. She has a hard time of it sometimes, and I worry about her. My favorite cousin Scott died of cancer when I was little, my other cousin (Scott's brother) was the abuser who ruined my life...when Mom married Dad, I acquired a few new cousins, and Jill, who is about my age, maybe a little older, and I bonded immediately. Her little boy is six months younger than Jory, and the two of them are best buds. She has been slowly replacing Scott as my favorite cousin. And she is so sick, I worry about her. Her house was one of the ones who got hit in the tornado last week.

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia

• Jesus Rocks Said:
Geez! My mother says I am not very observant. Oh how right she is, because that was simple!

Yay, Barbara!!!

Scrappygal50
Queen
Scrappygal50

• BlingPrincessRia Said:
  • Jesus Rocks Said:

My cousin has lupus. She has a hard time of it sometimes, and I worry about her. My favorite cousin Scott died of cancer when I was little, my other cousin (Scott's brother) was the abuser who ruined my life...when Mom married Dad, I acquired a few new cousins, and Jill, who is about my age, maybe a little older, and I bonded immediately. Her little boy is six months younger than Jory, and the two of them are best buds. She has been slowly replacing Scott as my favorite cousin. And she is so sick, I worry about her. Her house was one of the ones who got hit in the tornado last week.

Oh no! She doesn't need the stress! I will keep her in my prayers. What kind of problems does the lupus give her?

Scrappygal50
Queen
Scrappygal50

let's try again!

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia

• Jesus Rocks Said:
  • BlingPrincessRia Said:
  • Jesus Rocks Said:

Oh no! She doesn't need the stress! I will keep her in my prayers. What kind of problems does the lupus give her?

She gets migraines something horrible, and her joints hurt so much that some days she can't even move. And there's so much more that I can't even think of right now. We don't really live close enough to her to be able to help much. Her DH is a police officer with their city's K9 unit, so she has even MORE stress worrying about him.

And I KNOW she's been worried about her mom (my aunt Jan, Dad's sister). Aunt Jan is supposed to be home in September, she's been in a Texas prison for the last 5 years for embezzlement. Aunt Jan was helping Jill on a daily basis, both with her son and with her illness as well as paying for most of her meds. Heck, last time Aunt Jan saw Lizzie, Lizzie was only a few weeks old.

Lots of drama in my family, huh?

Scrappygal50
Queen
Scrappygal50

The doctors say my neurological system is involved, but so far that hasn't caused me a problem. That's a blessing! I have had kidney problems, skin rashes from the sun, pleuritis, and pericarditis. Three years ago they figured out I also have rheumatoid arthritis. The arthritis is the major problem now. I sometimes wonder how will I know when normal old age arthritis strikes. I have done this all my life. Well, I made it this far and will continue to go further. I have all this love in my life and that is all I need to keep me going!

daezee
daezee 
Diva
daezee

• BlingPrincessRia Said:
  • Jesus Rocks Said:
  • BlingPrincessRia Said:
  • Jesus Rocks Said:

She gets migraines something horrible, and her joints hurt so much that some days she can't even move. And there's so much more that I can't even think of right now. We don't really live close enough to her to be able to help much. Her DH is a police officer with their city's K9 unit, so she has even MORE stress worrying about him.

And I KNOW she's been worried about her mom (my aunt Jan, Dad's sister). Aunt Jan is supposed to be home in September, she's been in a Texas prison for the last 5 years for embezzlement. Aunt Jan was helping Jill on a daily basis, both with her son and with her illness as well as paying for most of her meds. Heck, last time Aunt Jan saw Lizzie, Lizzie was only a few weeks old.

Most families have drama....trust me...I thought of writing to Oprah about my family situation, but I was afraid she would pass it on to Jerry Springer!

Scrappygal50
Queen
Scrappygal50

• BlingPrincessRia Said:
  • Jesus Rocks Said:
  • BlingPrincessRia Said:
  • Jesus Rocks Said:

Oh, could I tell you stories about mine! So far no one in prison, but they were just lucky!!

The neurologist says I have migraines, but my head never hurts. I have a problem with my eyesight at times. At times I can't see everything because there are like white/black lines on one side of my vision. It's weird and he says it's a warning sign of a migraine. so far no headaches, so I guess I should be grateful.

jellyziva
Governor
jellyziva

Hi

After 6 cs, 2 pairs of shoes, 1 $8 Polo tote, some groceries... I'm back ...

BTW, Barbara... do you have fatigue and fever constantly? (BTW, isn't house cleaning very tough on you then... when you have pains and etc... )

Scrappygal50
Queen
Scrappygal50
In response to jellyziva

• jelly97 Said:
Hi

BTW, Barbara... do you have fatigue and fever constantly? (BTW, isn't house cleaning very tough on you then... when you have pains and etc... )

I get low grade fevers but I've gotten used to them. You get used to a certain amount of pain too! There are a lot of people out there who work and are in pain. You just do it! I'm not so sure are young people now are going to be that way. I wasn't raised to sit around. You can complain, but you had still better work!

BlingPrincessMarci
Diva
BlingPrincessMarci

[quote=Jesus Rocks][quote=BlingPrinces sRia][quote=Jesus Rocks][quote=BlingPrinces sRia][quote=Jesus Rocks]Last night my youngest ds girlfriend called and I guess I sounded upset. She asked my ds why I sounded like that and he told her I was tired and having a time with my lupus. She asked him what it was and he looked it up on the internet because he didn't know. After they talked, he came into the living room and said "Mom, I'm sorry. I didn't know how sick you were." Of course, I had to explain that not everybody is the same, and that I'm not going to die anytime soon. God willing!
[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Oh, could I tell you stories about mine! So far no one in prison, but they were just lucky!!

The neurologist says I have migraines, but my head never hurts. I have a problem with my eyesight at times. At times I can't see everything because there are like white/black lines on one side of my vision. It's weird and he says it's a warning sign of a migraine. so far no headaches, so I guess I should be grateful.
[/quote]

migraine doesnt always equal pain. there are even 'abdominal migraines' and not all migraines have the aura. that is one of the main reasons that migraines are so hard to treat because not everyone have the same kind.

my migraines are hormonal and weather triggered and have only have an aura like 5 times in that many years.

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia

That's me, Barbara. I have osteo arthritis in every joint in my body, and it's really bothering me in my back. The more I go up and down the stairs at work (there's 14 going down to the basement, where we keep our stock of cups, lids, bags, etc) the more pain I'm in at the end of the night, and the pain is very low in my back, exactly where I was hurting when I was having back labor with Jory's birth.

I carry Tylenol Arthritis and regular Tylenol in my purse at all times, and the past couple of nights, I've been popping a couple around 8 or 9pm to get through the night. I tend to just crack jokes about everything else that happens in the course of an evening and not mention the pain I'm in. Music helps distract my mind from the hurt, and that is why on Sundays I take my iPod and listen to it; during the week, right at 11 I start playing music on my cell phone. If I didn't do that, the pain would get to me and I would move sluggishly slow.

Scrappygal50
Queen
Scrappygal50

Well girls, I'm off to bed. Hope you all have a good night chatting and having fun!

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia

Goodnight, Barbara!

Scrappygal50
Queen
Scrappygal50

• BlingPrincessRia Said:
That's me, Barbara. I have osteo arthritis in every joint in my body, and it's really bothering me in my back. The more I go up and down the stairs at work (there's 14 going down to the basement, where we keep our stock of cups, lids, bags, etc) the more pain I'm in at the end of the night, and the pain is very low in my back, exactly where I was hurting when I was having back labor with Jory's birth.

I carry Tylenol Arthritis and regular Tylenol in my purse at all times, and the past couple of nights, I've been popping a couple around 8 or 9pm to get through the night. I tend to just crack jokes about everything else that happens in the course of an evening and not mention the pain I'm in. Music helps distract my mind from the hurt, and that is why on Sundays I take my iPod and listen to it; during the week, right at 11 I start playing music on my cell phone. If I didn't do that, the pain would get to me and I would move sluggishly slow.

This is exactly what I'm talking about! We do what we have to do! I would like to stop working for my mother, but she is getting older and this is her livelihood. I can't support her, but I can help her. I'm doing what I can, and doing what I should!

c-leaper
Queen
c-leaper

• Jesus Rocks Said:

At least now he'll be a little more understanding/sympathetic .

c-leaper
Queen
c-leaper
In response to daezee

• daezee Said:
  • c-leaper Said:
  • daezee Said:
My goal is to have crops here over the summer and maybe get a few sales.

Just tell me when.

I propose a crop weekend based at Monica's house for any of us in the Ohio/Indiana/Illinois area.

HOW GREAT WOULD THAT BE?!?!?!?!?!

Let me see how this job thing goes so I'll know if I'm going to be on every 3rd weekend or not. Then we'll go from there.

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia

• Jesus Rocks Said:
  • BlingPrincessRia Said:

This is exactly what I'm talking about! We do what we have to do! I would like to stop working for my mother, but she is getting older and this is her livelihood. I can't support her, but I can help her. I'm doing what I can, and doing what I should!

Some days I hurt so bad I can't even pick Lizzie up. And that hurts "my feelers" more than the arthritis does, knowing that I can't pick up my baby girl who loves to be in her momma's arms. Jeremy doesn't know how much he's helping me by giving me backrubs.

c-leaper
Queen
c-leaper

• BlingPrincessRia Said:
  • Jesus Rocks Said:

EXCUSE ME?!?!?! Did I miss this earlier?!?!

c-leaper
Queen
c-leaper

• Jesus Rocks Said:
let's try again!

By jove, I believe that she's got it!

c-leaper
Queen
c-leaper
In response to c-leaper

Back to the scrap table....

Scrappygal50
Queen
Scrappygal50

• BlingPrincessRia Said:
  • Jesus Rocks Said:
  • BlingPrincessRia Said:

Some days I hurt so bad I can't even pick Lizzie up. And that hurts "my feelers" more than the arthritis does, knowing that I can't pick up my baby girl who loves to be in her momma's arms. Jeremy doesn't know how much he's helping me by giving me backrubs.

Oh girl, I've been there! I sometimes wish the docs would give us pain meds for really bad times. There are nights when I'm on the couch silently sobbing because I can't sleep because of the pain.

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia
In response to c-leaper

• c-leaper Said:
  • BlingPrincessRia Said:
  • Jesus Rocks Said:

EXCUSE ME?!?!?! Did I miss this earlier?!?!

No, because I didn't know about it myself until Momma called me yesterday to thank me for the Mother's Day card I made for her. My sister is alright, I'd heard from her; I knew Jill lived in one of the cities that was hit, but I couldn't remember WHERE in the city she lived. I'd only been to her house once or twice; we usually met halfway at Momma and Dad's house. Momma said the damage wasn't too bad, Jill lost part of her roof, but it's being taken care of.

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia

• Jesus Rocks Said:
  • BlingPrincessRia Said:
  • Jesus Rocks Said:
  • BlingPrincessRia Said:

Oh girl, I've been there! I sometimes wish the docs would give us pain meds for really bad times. There are nights when I'm on the couch silently sobbing because I can't sleep because of the pain.

I get that way, too, but manage not to cry but rather moan and groan. If Momma's hurting and crying, it worries the kids. Jory is especially perceptive when somebody's in pain and hurting, and he worries. When he worries, Lizzie gets scared.

Scrappygal50
Queen
Scrappygal50

Oh, this is the middle of the night when no one is awake. here has only been one time when my husband woke up and that was because I could barely breathe. It was scary, but I knew I just needed to get the meds in me and let them work. It has never happened again. Thank God!

Vintage Beginnings
Expert
Vintage Beginnings

• Jesus Rocks Said:
  • BlingPrincessRia Said:
  • Jesus Rocks Said:
  • BlingPrincessRia Said:

Hey I was just reading and can relate to you. I have degenerative osteo arthritis and fibromyalgia. No picnic here. That's why I'm on here now. With pain and I can't get relief. Makes for a long night and it just snow balls. Can't sleep because of pain. Get stressed because of no sleep which causes more flare up and more pain.

Scrappygal50
Queen
Scrappygal50
In response to Vintage Beginnings

Hi Pam! I totally relate!

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia

• Jesus Rocks Said:
Oh, this is the middle of the night when no one is awake. here has only been one time when my husband woke up and that was because I could barely breathe. It was scary, but I knew I just needed to get the meds in me and let them work. It has never happened again. Thank God!

So far, Tylenol Arthritis is making it manageable. I pray that it continues to be that easy to manage.

Scrappygal50
Queen
Scrappygal50

Ria/Pam, do they give you anything for osteoarthritis?

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia
In response to daezee

• daezee Said:
Most families have drama....trust me...I thought of writing to Oprah about my family situation, but I was afraid she would pass it on to Jerry Springer!

And that's not even including the drama surrounding my conception and birth. Straight out of a V.C. Andrews novel I tell ya.

Vintage Beginnings
Expert
Vintage Beginnings

I try not to complain to much because some people and family members think I need to "buck up" and get moving. If they only could experience this for 24 hours, they would probably change their tune.

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia

• Jesus Rocks Said:

I take OTC pain meds (Tylenol Arthritis)...I'm one of those who hates taking meds period, so I have it but only take it when it gets unbearable. My doctor said that for now, as long as that's working we'll stick with that and if need be, she'll prescribe something stronger.

Scrappygal50
Queen
Scrappygal50

• BlingPrincessRia Said:
  • daezee Said:

And that's not even including the drama surrounding my conception and birth. Straight out of a V.C. Andrews novel I tell ya.

Ria, are you trying to keep me up?

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia

• Grandmommy Pam Said:
I try not to complain to much because some people and family members think I need to "buck up" and get moving. If they only could experience this for 24 hours, they would probably change their tune.

I bet they would!

And welcome to the zoo that is VCW!

Vintage Beginnings
Expert
Vintage Beginnings

• Jesus Rocks Said:

Motrin, elavil at night to sleep and flexeril.
They tried me on celebrex but it made me very nauseated.

Scrappygal50
Queen
Scrappygal50

When my newest rheumy found the RA, she said if we didn't find something to slow it down I would be disabled in one year. She saved me. The one before her said I had fibro and I knew he was wrong. He put me on some med that made me feel like a zombie. Once I took it, I didn't want to do anything or care if I did anything. I stopped seeing him.

Vintage Beginnings
Expert
Vintage Beginnings

Well ladies... I wish you a quiet and pain relieved night. I'm signing off and going to try to get some sleep now.
Good night. Pam

Vintage Beginnings
Expert
Vintage Beginnings

Before I go..... I think that's my next step. A reumotologist sp?. I had an internest diagnose me about 10 years ago.

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia

Goodnight, Pam!

Barbara, I don't blame you. I'd have stopped seeing a doc that I KNEW misdiagnosed me.

Scrappygal50
Queen
Scrappygal50

• Grandmommy Pam Said:
  • Jesus Rocks Said:

I've been on lots of meds. Let's see, motrin, feldene, celebrex, vioxx, mobic, and I know there are a few I'm forgetting. Eventually they all stop working. I think we build up an immunity to the drug. I now take Humira for the RA. I think RA gets more attention than OA. Though I have seen the Sally Fields commercials on OA now. Perhaps that's a drug that might work for both you and Ria.

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia

• Jesus Rocks Said:
  • Grandmommy Pam Said:
  • Jesus Rocks Said:

I've been on lots of meds. Let's see, motrin, feldene, celebrex, vioxx, mobic, and I know there are a few I'm forgetting. Eventually they all stop working. I think we build up an immunity to the drug. I now take Humira for the RA. I think RA gets more attention than OA. Though I have seen the Sally Fields commercials on OA now. Perhaps that's a drug that might work for both you and Ria.

You wanna know what I honestly think? I think that if I lost some of this excess weight, the pain might be manageable without meds. At least for a while.

Scrappygal50
Queen
Scrappygal50

• BlingPrincessRia Said:
Goodnight, Pam!

Barbara, I don't blame you. I'd have stopped seeing a doc that I KNEW misdiagnosed me.

He shouldn't be able to practice medicine. If I had continued seeing him, my joints would be destroyed. As it is, this doc takes xrays and says I have holes in my joints.

c-leaper
Queen
c-leaper

• Jesus Rocks Said:
  • BlingPrincessRia Said:
  • Jesus Rocks Said:
  • BlingPrincessRia Said:

c-leaper
Queen
c-leaper

• BlingPrincessRia Said:
No, because I didn't know about it myself until Momma called me yesterday to thank me for the Mother's Day card I made for her. My sister is alright, I'd heard from her; I knew Jill lived in one of the cities that was hit, but I couldn't remember WHERE in the city she lived. I'd only been to her house once or twice; we usually met halfway at Momma and Dad's house. Momma said the damage wasn't too bad, Jill lost part of her roof, but it's being taken care of.

I'm glad that's "all" it was. Wow.

Scrappygal50
Queen
Scrappygal50

• BlingPrincessRia Said:
  • Jesus Rocks Said:
  • Grandmommy Pam Said:
  • Jesus Rocks Said:

You wanna know what I honestly think? I think that if I lost some of this excess weight, the pain might be manageable without meds. At least for a while.

Well, I can't disagree. When I found out I had RA I lost weight because I knew what I was up against. I also exercised with weights to build up muscle to help support the joints.

Scrappygal50
Queen
Scrappygal50

I cannot believe I said goodnight 2 hours ago and I'm still on here. But when you told me how you hurt I couldn't leave, and then Pam came on...

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia

• Jesus Rocks Said:
I cannot believe I said goodnight 2 hours ago and I'm still on here. But when you told me how you hurt I couldn't leave, and then Pam came on...

I just keep switching positions because I wanna scrap so badly.

Scrappygal50
Queen
Scrappygal50

That didn't sound right. I'm not saying you have to lose weight because you look bad, I'm saying because of the OA.

c-leaper
Queen
c-leaper

Okay, I'm never again going to complain about my cartilege-less knees.

Wow, you women are incredible with the way you just keep going in spite of everything.

Scrappygal50
Queen
Scrappygal50

Oh you know what I meant!

jellyziva
Governor
jellyziva

• Jesus Rocks Said:
  • jelly97 Said:
Hi

I get low grade fevers but I've gotten used to them. You get used to a certain amount of pain too! There are a lot of people out there who work and are in pain. You just do it! I'm not so sure are young people now are going to be that way. I wasn't raised to sit around. You can complain, but you had still better work!

Thanks for the info, Barb... today I went to see the neurologist for my headaches (on and off), low grade fever and fatigue... there are a few things he mentioned. Lupus being one of them, therefore, I asked...

But I know what you mean... I am tired and running fevers all the time. At first, I could not get up from bed at all, but I've been dealing and now I've almost gotten used to it. I still can't do the level of stuff I used to do... (I used to be in full functional mode 18 hrs a day).. now I have to say no to a few things.... takes some getting used to... but I still do all of the housework, the cooking, taking care of the kids, go to work... you do what you have to do....

Edited by jelly97 on 05-09-08 08:55 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Scrappygal50
Queen
Scrappygal50
In response to c-leaper

• c-leaper Said:

Wow, you women are incredible with the way you just keep going in spite of everything.

I don't know about Ria, but steroids are keeping me going right now.

jellyziva
Governor
jellyziva

• Jesus Rocks Said:
  • c-leaper Said:

I hope it's short term use only?

Scrappygal50
Queen
Scrappygal50
In response to jellyziva

• jelly97 Said:
  • Jesus Rocks Said:
  • jelly97 Said:
Hi

Thanks for the info, Barb... today I went to see the neurologist for my headaches (on and off), low grade fever and fatigue... there are a few things he mentioned. Lupus being one of them, therefore, I asked...

But I know what you mean... I am tired and running fevers all the time. At first, I could not get up from bed at all, but I've been dealing and now I've almost gotten used to it. I still can't do the level of stuff I used to do... (I used to be in full functional mode 18 hrs a day).. now I have to say no to a few things.... takes some getting used to... but I still do all of the housework, the cooking, taking care of the kids, go to work... you do what you have to do....

I was diagnosed with lupus when I lived in Phoenix. I felt better the moment we got there, but I still had the rash. Went to a doc at Luke Air Force base and he put me on plaquenil and I went into remission. The best I ever felt!! I wish we had never left there, but that's military life.

NMlady
NMlady 
Governor
NMlady
In response to jellyziva

Scrappygal50
Queen
Scrappygal50
In response to jellyziva

• jelly97 Said:
  • Jesus Rocks Said:
  • c-leaper Said:

I hope it's short term use only?

Doc keeps me stocked with them for emergencies. I started taking them this week and if they don't start helping I will call her. My joints have been hurting, but when my chest started I knew I had no choice.

Scrappygal50
Queen
Scrappygal50

Shirley, I hope you don't have lupus or anything else!

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia
In response to c-leaper

• c-leaper Said:

You really have no choice BUT to go on. I figure I could lie around, whine and moan and carry on and create all kinds of drama in my house, OR I can pop a couple of Tylenol Arthritis and life goes on. I would love to get a job working from home via the Internet so I could do it in shifts. Four hours while the kids were in school, and another four hours after they went to bed. I do a lot better if I can sit down half the time and be up and about the other half.

I think everybody here knows that there is more drama to my life than just the OA in every joint in my body. I have no choice but to go on. I choose to keep my sense of humor and that makes life a WHOLE lot easier. (Of course, having Lizzie to laugh at makes it more FUN.) I decided years ago I was not going to let everything overwhelm me and get me down. Some days I want to do nothing but whine and moan, and other days everything's hunky dory.

I just do what I have to do to get through each and every day. And to quote Matchbox Twenty, "I been changin'...think it's funny how no one knows..." (from their song "Mad Season," which has become my themesong).

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia

• Jesus Rocks Said:
That didn't sound right. I'm not saying you have to lose weight because you look bad, I'm saying because of the OA.

Oh, I know I look bad. Some days I'm okay, and other days I feel humongous. I have been slowly losing...a pound here, a pound there. I switched out my fries for a side salad, Fruit 'N Walnut salad, or Apple Dippers four days a week and only get the fries once a week. I do a LOT of walking. (Usually during retail therapy, but walking is walking no matter WHERE I walk...) It is helping.

Scrappygal50
Queen
Scrappygal50

Some days I want to do nothing but whine and moan, and other days everything's hunky dory.

You know it girl! That's our life!

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia

*fivers*

Scrappygal50
Queen
Scrappygal50

• BlingPrincessRia Said:
  • Jesus Rocks Said:

Oh, I know I look bad. Some days I'm okay, and other days I feel humongous. I have been slowly losing...a pound here, a pound there. I switched out my fries for a side salad, Fruit 'N Walnut salad, or Apple Dippers four days a week and only get the fries once a week. I do a LOT of walking. (Usually during retail therapy, but walking is walking no matter WHERE I walk...) It is helping.

Girl you are beautiful!!! I was talking strictly for OA, just like I did it for the RA. I was big! Now I can't gain weight, but I realize now that my body is using everything up fighting. I have always had to fight with my weight. This is so unusual.

NMlady
NMlady 
Governor
NMlady

Barbara, what are you doing up at this hour?

Scrappygal50
Queen
Scrappygal50

Okay, I really have to go to bed. This time for real. Take care everyone!

Jenni, I know you hurt! My husband has the same problem you do. Don't feel like you can't complain. Pain is pain!

NMlady
NMlady 
Governor
NMlady

I woke up this morning with even more bumps on my tongue. Went to the walkin clinic. I have a virus and another ear infection. I don't know what's up with these ear infections.

jellyziva
Governor
jellyziva
In response to NMlady

• NMlady Said:
Barbara, what are you doing up at this hour?

Hi Joy!

Hi, Ria.. Hi Jenni...

jellyziva
Governor
jellyziva
In response to NMlady

• NMlady Said:
I woke up this morning with even more bumps on my tongue. Went to the walkin clinic. I have a virus and another ear infection. I don't know what's up with these ear infections.

Oh no.....

Have you been sleeping well? Are you stressed out lately? It seems your immune system is not doing well ... (just like mine).... I hope you get enough rest?

NMlady
NMlady 
Governor
NMlady
In response to jellyziva

Shirley.

Page 4 of 26 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics