Page 5 of 26 
Username Post: Virtual Crop Week #62-Jump Right In!        (Topic#1463029)
NMlady
NMlady 
Governor
NMlady
In response to NMlady

I don't ever sleep well and I am always stressed out. I told him which ear was aching just a bit, the weird thing is the one that didnt't hurt at all is the one that looked worse.

c-leaper
Queen
c-leaper
In response to Scrappygal50

• Jesus Rocks Said:
Oh you know what I meant!

I just meant that, compared to everything y'all deal with, my problems are very minor. So I have no room to complain.

NMlady
NMlady 
Governor
NMlady
In response to DawnInAZ

• DawnInAZ Said:
  • moxiegirl23 Said:
[[]] Shirley. I've been following that story. It's heartbreaking and the government is being stupid.

Unfortunately, most of my being upset is being focused on my local city government and the school district. The city is facing a shortfall, the mayor wants to cut spending and the superintendant has decided that any cut in spending is unacceptable where I can see that the school's spending is already ridiculous and out of control. Sorry, but if their budget and spending was in control, then they would not be begging parents to donate basic necessities like paper towels and cleaning supplies. I see problems in the school district that will not be fixed if they throw money at them, and honestly, I would rather see spending cut than see my taxes go up. I have free or inexpensive resources to make up for any shortfalls in Abby's education, I don't have an extra several hundred dollars minimum for taxes that they're just going to waste anyway.

Here, you would not believe all the extra supplies some of the school districts require.
Here is a sample list for a first grade student in a Scottsdale elementary school:

2 - 16 Count Crayola Crayons
1 - Sharp 5” Fiskar Scissors
1 - 4 Oz. Elmer’s School Glue
6 - Small Elmer’s Glue Stick
1 - Pink Bevel Eraser
1 - 2” Hardback Vinyl Binder
1 - 160 Count Box Kleenex Tissues
1 - Blue Plastic Pocket and Brad Folder
1 - Green Plastic Pocket and Brad Folder
1 - Yellow Plastic Pocket and Brad Folder
1 - Red Plastic Pocket and Brad Folder
1 - Washable Crayola Thick Classic Markers
1 - 8 Oz. Bottle Waterless Hand Sanitizer with Pump
12 - #2 Wood Pencils
1 - 20 Count Box Ziplock Gallon Bags
2 - Bounty Paper Towel Rolls
1 - 8x5 Spacemaker School Box
1 - 70 Count Wide Ruled Spiral Composition Book
2 - Expo2 Low Odor Bullet Tip Black Dry Erase Marker
1 - 7 Inch 24 Count Colored Pencils

Actually that is not that big of a supply list.

NMlady
NMlady 
Governor
NMlady
In response to NMlady

I'm bidding on stickles, just for the heck of it.

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia
In response to NMlady

• NMlady Said:
  • DawnInAZ Said:
  • moxiegirl23 Said:
[[]] Shirley. I've been following that story. It's heartbreaking and the government is being stupid.

Unfortunately, most of my being upset is being focused on my local city government and the school district. The city is facing a shortfall, the mayor wants to cut spending and the superintendant has decided that any cut in spending is unacceptable where I can see that the school's spending is already ridiculous and out of control. Sorry, but if their budget and spending was in control, then they would not be begging parents to donate basic necessities like paper towels and cleaning supplies. I see problems in the school district that will not be fixed if they throw money at them, and honestly, I would rather see spending cut than see my taxes go up. I have free or inexpensive resources to make up for any shortfalls in Abby's education, I don't have an extra several hundred dollars minimum for taxes that they're just going to waste anyway.

Here, you would not believe all the extra supplies some of the school districts require.
Here is a sample list for a first grade student in a Scottsdale elementary school:

1 - Pink Bevel Eraser
12 - #2 Wood Pencils

Actually that is not that big of a supply list.

That's about what Jory's was for fourth grade...they specified what SIZE binder he needed (2"), how many folders he needed, and he needed colored pencils, markers, pens, pencils, highlighters, rulers, notebooks, notebook paper, watercolors, Kleenex, sanitizer ("hannitizer" I get from B&BW when it's 4 or 5 for $10) and I can't remember what else.

NMlady
NMlady 
Governor
NMlady
In response to moxiegirl23

• moxiegirl23 Said:
  • DawnInAZ Said:
  • moxiegirl23 Said:

1 - Pink Bevel Eraser
12 - #2 Wood Pencils

I have no problem buying school supplies. I can even justify buying the hand sanitizer for Abby. I can even understand the teacher wanting specific types/colors of folders and notebooks. But I pay over $4000 in taxes to the city annually, and my taxes are relatively low because I have a condo and not a stand alone house with more land. Do not tell me that there is no money in the budget for bloody cleaning supplies and beg me for them. That's just piss-poor management and corruption.

OMG those are high real estate taxes, now I see how they can get by with no income tax.

c-leaper
Queen
c-leaper
In response to NMlady

Random thoughts:

I just finished a two-pager. Will do pics and upload tomorrow. Feels good to scrap SOMETHING again.

DD has received TWO marriage proposals in the last 24 hours. Via text msg. From guys who are drunk at the time. Both want her to have their children. I told her A) she should point out that she, of all people, doesn't need to be married to have kids, and B) she should accept the first marriage proposal she gets from someone who is SOBER.

I've been trying for the last 3 hours to upload a video to YouTube and it won't load. Durnit.

DD had her final final this afternoon. Had stuff on it that they NEVER covered in class ALL semester. How's a student supposed to get an A in the class if the teacher doesn't even teach the material?!?!

c-leaper
Queen
c-leaper
In response to c-leaper

Well, either everyone left or there will be a bunch of ghosty posties show up when I send this one. Either way, maybe it's a sign that I'm supposed to go to bed. Tomorrow will be a long day. Hopefully I'll have some pretty pictures to post tomorrow evening.

G'night, everyone.

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia
In response to c-leaper

I'm here, found my mojo and am working on Estee's challenge, one 2-page spread at a time. Got the cover, cover's "inset," and the title page done...working on the first LO...doing each LO separately so's I can Stickle 'em!!!

NMlady
NMlady 
Governor
NMlady
In response to BlingQueenRia

• BlingPrincessRia Said:
  • moxiegirl23 Said:
  • daezee Said:
I told him to be on the lookout for my UPS man because my MW stuff was scheduled to arrive today. When I got home, he informed me that my hot UPS guy had turned into a girl.

day off

sick day

vacation

temporary reassignment

girl was doing a ride along training

all valid reasons why your United Parcel Stud wasn't here today.

I have often wondered if cuteness and studliness was a factor in UPS' hiring...the UPS guy we used to have, Jeff, was pretty cute. His "area" included my complex AND my McD's, so I got to see quite a bit of him. (Mr. Filet-O-Fish-Meal, no tarter add catsup, large drink, to go.)

The one that delivers to the college bkstore that I temp at sometimes is a real jerk. So if he is cute I'd never notice, I'm too busy hating him.

NMlady
NMlady 
Governor
NMlady
In response to BlingPrincessMarci

• MarciMellow Said:
hey everyone!

im on VACATION!!! took next week off to celebrate my birthday (monday) in Chicago! my hubby and i are going to 5 cubs games!!! im so excited! i feel like a little kid before vacation.... im to EXCITED to sleep!

Reminds me of the Disney commercial
Have tons of fun!!

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia
In response to NMlady

I...ah...don't think I'll show Jory OR Jeremy the insides of this book. The, ah, first LO is burgundy and pink...and I put Jory's pic on the burgundy side, but had to do his name in pink to keep with the color combo...

NMlady
NMlady 
Governor
NMlady

• BlingPrincessRia Said:
  • Jesus Rocks Said:
  • BlingPrincessRia Said:
That's me, Barbara. I have osteo arthritis in every joint in my body, and it's really bothering me in my back. The more I go up and down the stairs at work (there's 14 going down to the basement, where we keep our stock of cups, lids, bags, etc) the more pain I'm in at the end of the night, and the pain is very low in my back, exactly where I was hurting when I was having back labor with Jory's birth.

I carry Tylenol Arthritis and regular Tylenol in my purse at all times, and the past couple of nights, I've been popping a couple around 8 or 9pm to get through the night. I tend to just crack jokes about everything else that happens in the course of an evening and not mention the pain I'm in. Music helps distract my mind from the hurt, and that is why on Sundays I take my iPod and listen to it; during the week, right at 11 I start playing music on my cell phone. If I didn't do that, the pain would get to me and I would move sluggishly slow.

Oh girl, I've been there! I sometimes wish the docs would give us pain meds for really bad times. There are nights when I'm on the couch silently sobbing because I can't sleep because of the pain.

I get that way, too, but manage not to cry but rather moan and groan. If Momma's hurting and crying, it worries the kids. Jory is especially perceptive when somebody's in pain and hurting, and he worries. When he worries, Lizzie gets scared.

Ria, have you tried taking a daily dose of glucosamine chondroitin? It's inexpensive and seems to help some people. It also helps some pets too. We used it for our dog when she stretched her ACL. It really helped her.

Edited by NMlady on 05-10-08 12:08 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to NMlady

morning

momany
momany 
Idol
momany

Hi Liz!
DH's alarm went off at 6 am and that was it for me. He is still snoozing since it's SATURDAY!

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to momany

Ick, TJ.

momany
momany 
Idol
momany

I guess I'll make the best of it and get on the treadmill now. BBL

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to DawnInAZ

Good morning.

6:30 am is ridiculously too early to start a day, any day, but especially a Saturday!!!

Skimming...

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to daezee

• daezee Said:
  • Bling Fairy Vivian Said:
  • DawnInAZ Said:
Simon: I'm trying to put this as delicately as I can...how do I know you won't kill me in my sleep?
Mal: You don't know me, son, so let me put this to you plainly: If I ever kill you, you'll be awake. You'll be facing me. And you'll be armed.
Simon: Are you always this sentimental?
Mal: I had a good day.
Simon: You had the Alliance on you, criminals and savages... half the people on the ship have been shot or wounded including yourself, and you're harboring known fugitives.
Mal: We're still flying.
Simon: That's not much.
Mal: It's enough.

hehehe, you already posted this yesterday Viv. You need a nappie!!!

I know and you're probably right about the nappie, too. That scene with Mal saying, "It's enough." has a very special meaning to me right now. I've gotta remember what's enough.

I'm stressing over dd moving, mother's day, building, son being home schooled, wanting to start a business, sister, going to NH next month, I'm sure I've left things off.

Vivian Sounds like you've been doing some retail therapy! Do we need an intervention?

Too late. Damage is done. Resetting all my fasting stuff.

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to Vivian loves BLING

Good morning.

6:30 am is ridiculously too early to start a day, any day, but especially a Saturday!!!

Skimming...

Then what's 5 am?

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

• moxiegirl23 Said:
Good morning.

Skimming...

Then what's 5 am?

That's Moxie time, not bling fairy's!

Better get back to the boys. They sound like they're tearing things up with the marbles.

They loved their "camping" set up in the building but it think the space outside the camping areas was too big for them to feel comfortable.

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

Instead of scrapping today, I'm going to finish organizing. I have tons of embellishments and memorabelia that need to go into folders so I can finish LOs. If I do it right, I think I will have 50-100 LOs that will be ready to be worked on. If I can get it finished today, I can go back to one LO a day.

Kimberly Rae
Diva
Kimberly Rae

• moxiegirl23 Said:
Good morning.

Skimming...

Then what's 5 am?

That's Moxie time, not bling fairy's!

Better get back to the boys. They sound like they're tearing things up with the marbles.

They loved their "camping" set up in the building but it think the space outside the camping areas was too big for them to feel comfortable.

Good morning Viv.... I'm awake... went to bed about 9:30 10 last night....

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to Kimberly Rae

Good morning!
My goodness you girls were chatty! I don't know if I can catch up, but ya know I'm obsessive enough to try!

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to leebla

Liz, yes I have thought about spraying Chief with a water bottle when he does something he shouldn't. It worked wonders with our cat. But unfortunately he does a lot of this when he is home with the kids. Or I discover he has something he shouldn't BECAUSE he is diving under the couch with it.

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to leebla

• leebla Said:
OMG!!! God is good!

There are actually two small pieces missing from this CD...but all of my pictures are still there and my laptop read them all!!!!!!!

Chief will live to chew another day!

I think I might have to scrap this one!

I might have spoken too soon. Still need to play with this. The computer can see that they are there, and I can preview them, but I am having trouble transferring them off of the CD.

Kimberly Rae
Diva
Kimberly Rae
In response to leebla

Good mroning Elizabeth....

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to leebla

• leebla Said:
  • leebla Said:
OMG!!! God is good!

There are actually two small pieces missing from this CD...but all of my pictures are still there and my laptop read them all!!!!!!!

I might have spoken too soon. Still need to play with this. The computer can see that they are there, and I can preview them, but I am having trouble transferring them off of the CD.

Ok. Try copying them to a hard drive one at a time. I've found that if I transfer files on broken CDs as group, it doesn't always work because some files are unreadble. If you do one at a time, you can get the good files off and the corrupted ones won't hang you up.

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

Morning Kim!

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

Hey, Kim. Glad you got to bed at a good time.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

• moxiegirl23 Said:
  • leebla Said:
  • leebla Said:
OMG!!! God is good!

Ok. Try copying them to a hard drive one at a time. I've found that if I transfer files on broken CDs as group, it doesn't always work because some files are unreadble. If you do one at a time, you can get the good files off and the corrupted ones won't hang you up.

This means the FAT (File Allocation Table) is good but not necessarily the files themselves. Like Liz said, try to transfer them to your HD. Hope you get all of them!

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

The menfolk have left with the trucks and will be unloading. Dd had to return her cable box in order to cancel their service here. When she returns, she'll get the animals (dogs and kitty) and I'll drive the boys down, following her.

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

Hey everyone! I'm 10 pages (at 25 posts each I think) behind. I'll be running to try to catch up

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

I am truly gifted. I managed to lose the Disney album kit I recieved yesterday. I went to open it so I could see the paper and I can't find it or remember where I left it.

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

found it. forgot I used it to measure something.

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

• BlingPrincessRia Said:
  • Jesus Rocks Said:
  • BlingPrincessRia Said:
About seeing your name on the poll but not your card?

No, not that. Everybody was doing that. No yesterday I wrote that I so need a lot of money. I fell in love with the scrap store. They hove outlines stamps and you can do the most amazing artwork with them. I can't wait to buy some. It really is awesome. But the whole store was great. Found many things there that I can normally only find online.

I must have missed that somehow...that is so great about the store!!!! Our LSS is more of a stamp and stamp-supply store. But there are scrappy things, too, and things for cardmaking.

I wish I had a LSS

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath
In response to scrappycath

Liz - I'm always forgetting where I put stuff.

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

• Jesus Rocks Said:
The best thing was that they had stickles!!!!

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

• Jesus Rocks Said:
I always seem to have a block. I have to sit down and forget about everything on my mind, and just look at magazines to get the juices flowing. Sometimes I see a lo I like and start to lift it, then it totally changes. I just need a jump start!

This is how I often find myself functioning. Sometimes I get an idea all on my own. But I often need some inspriration. Sometimes it is things other than other lo's. Things like advertisements, architecture, or things in nature.

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

I don't ask the boys for gifts on Mother's Day. I don't want them feeling like if they buy/give me something that is the fulfillment of their obligation (if there is an obligation!).

When they ask me "what do you want for Mother's Day" I have always responded with either an activity that we can do together, an attitude that would be great to see more of, or something that I would like to spend time doing.

This year I wanted to all go hiking. But we are expecting rain. So now I need to rethink what we can do together.

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath
In response to BlingPrincessMarci

• MarciMellow Said:
ok time for me to vent or boo-hoo.... or wine...

so for the past week ive been having ALL the pregnancy signs. I've been nauseated and have even thrown up a handful of time. have been going to the bathroom like 4 times my normal and even getting up in the middle of the night to go. and i want to get pregnant sooo badly!! but today at work i started getting little cramps and went to the bathroom and saw that i was spotting. but i remembered i had read that at the beginning that will happen some... and spotted throughout the day, very little. but then when i get home.. nothing! so i start to think maybe i should just go ahead and get a test (i had wanted to wait until my birthday... happy birthday to me i thought) and it came up negative.

so why all feeling yucky and throwing up? i dont understand! i had thought that maybe the queasy feeling was all in my head and that because i wanted to soo badly i was making myself sick. but you dont normally MAKE yourself actually throw up. how is THAT psychosomatic?

*sigh* i have one more test and i plan on taking it with me to chicago.. so that if i dont start a real period while im there ill take that one. i was just sure that i was pregnant again

Marci - As difficult as it is, try your best to focus on other things. You may actually be getting your body "worked up" so to speak with all of your anxiousness. When you relax and least expect it, you may find that things go as you hope.

And yes there actually are real medical reasons for why you may have been feeling the symptoms and having the signs (throwing up) that you have had.

I hope that things work out the way that you want them to.

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath
In response to foltzy

• Diva foltzy Said:
[[]] Marci. With Geoff I swore up and down I wasn't pregnant had really bad cramps and all took a test it was negative. Didn't really get my period so I tested the next week and it came up positive. Now A year and 8 days later (Today was his original due date a year ago huh) I have a healthy baby boy.

Still praying that you get the results you want.

See ???!!!!

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

• BlingPrincessRia Said:
  • c-leaper Said:
There's a new thread under "recent topics" about "you don't have a job you're a SAHM." Part of me is sooooooo curious to know what it's about. Part of me is afraid I'll get furious once I find out.

But being a SAHM IS a job. People don't understand that. I only do it 2 days a week, sometimes 3, but it is still a job in and of itself. Especially in MY house. OMG.

It absolutely is a job. And is completely undervalued in our country/culture. We should have a way to compensate SAHM's.

This is why I don't ask Mom's "do you work" when I'm trying to find out if they have an employer - I ask "do you work outside of the home" or something along those lines.

Yes - it's super hard to work o/s the home FT (and FT Plus), because you still also have to do all the work that a SAHM does too. But being a SAHM has it's own challenges. You rarely get to have the adult interaction that is necessary to keep you sane, you rarely get recognized for all that you do, and you have to deal with the loss of your identity - you are no longer "Cathy" you are "Christopher's mom" for example.

But to steal the line from the Peace Corps..... It's the toughest job, you'll ever love!

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath
In response to scrappycath

{looks around, sees I'm all alone here. Continues threadjacking}

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath
In response to foltzy

• Diva foltzy Said:
I'm really lucky. Brian knows it's a job. He acknowledges that it's a job and hates and I mean hates when I say I don't have a job. He tells me I have the most important job and he knows he couldn't do it. He is very helpful and thank goodness I got a man like him.

This is fabulous!

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath
In response to riorabbit

• riorabbit Said:
  • c-leaper Said:

Oh heckyeah!

I'm sure I've told y'all about when I was applying for my first job after being home with Kim from the time she was born until she started school. The guy doing the interview had the NERVE (well, mostly he just wasn't thinking) to look at my resume and ask "what happened? you kind of fell off the radar here?" for those 5 years.

Once I had the job, I set him straight that you NEVER tell a SAHM that she "fell off the radar."

I think his comment kind of makes sense. It is not that he was saying "you were not working". Just not trackable work. So not on the radar...you were definitely working still. I dunno...guess his wording kind of makes sense to me and I would guess he didn't mean it badly, but I was not there. Now...if he had known you were a sahm mom and commented on that...that is different.

It's more likely that he just wasn't thinking. (and probably likely that he couldn't relate)

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath
In response to c-leaper

Staying tuned Jenni. And FWIW - I don't think HR would get back to you so quickly, so be patient (pun intended)

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

• Jesus Rocks Said:
Last night my youngest ds girlfriend called and I guess I sounded upset. She asked my ds why I sounded like that and he told her I was tired and having a time with my lupus. She asked him what it was and he looked it up on the internet because he didn't know. After they talked, he came into the living room and said "Mom, I'm sorry. I didn't know how sick you were." Of course, I had to explain that not everybody is the same, and that I'm not going to die anytime soon. God willing!

It's good that he knows Barbara. I think awareness is huge!!!! Acceptance can only come after that.

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

• Jesus Rocks Said:
Let's try!

Sing it with me people, Barbara's doing smilies!

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

• Jesus Rocks Said:

Oh girl, I've been there! I sometimes wish the docs would give us pain meds for really bad times. There are nights when I'm on the couch silently sobbing because I can't sleep because of the pain.

I'm there with ya! I get pain along with numbness/tingling and loss of function. The loss of function is temporary. But gives me the greatest concern. ....Group hug (as long as it doens't cause anyone pain)

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath
In response to Vintage Beginnings

Hi Pam! You are among friends that can relate!

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia

• moxiegirl23 Said:
Good morning.

Skimming...

Then what's 5 am?

The buttcrack of dawn!

And I said "dawn" NOT "buttcrack of DAWNY," so no offense intended, Dawny!

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia

Okay, that was a run-by posting, I am off to go to the LSS for make-and-takes and possibly getting myself a Mother's Day present. (Although I may wait and get myself a little something Monday, since it is payday.) I'll be back shortly...

daezee
daezee 
Diva
daezee

I'm here...just took Emmy to an all day birthday party. They are going to Libby Lou's in Indy. I'm watching 27 Dresses....I like it.
I'm getting ready to do some scrapping.

daezee
daezee 
Diva
daezee
In response to daezee

Yesterday the kids in my class had a party for me because it was teacher appreciation week. They brought cupcakes and gave me a $55.00 gift card to HL!!!!! I am waiting for a really good sale, but I don't know what I'm going to get!

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia
In response to daezee

Oh, that is SO sweet, Monica!!! You deserve it!! I was too busy helping Jory's teacher with the class scrapbooks to do anything for her...perhaps I should give her the card I made at today's make-and-take?

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

I'm back from helping dd move away. Tired and emotionally drained.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to daezee

• daezee Said:
Yesterday the kids in my class had a party for me because it was teacher appreciation week. They brought cupcakes and gave me a $55.00 gift card to HL!!!!! I am waiting for a really good sale, but I don't know what I'm going to get!

Wow!!! That's fantastic!!!

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

Last night dh and I went shopping for Mother's Day lunch at our house. We watched "Enchanted" together. I think all three of us enjoyed it.

We were up very early to help dd move and me to baby sit the boys. We left for her new home about 10:30, got back home just a bit ago. It's done.

The boys did like their camping area with its fake fire. Pretty cool really.

I've got 2 really long extension cords now. These will be put to use in the building. One for a fan, one for the vacuum.

Need to clean house but can't get motivated just yet. It will be done tonight.

Still not started on the mini-album for Estee's challenge. Hope to do that one tomorrow.

daezee
daezee 
Diva
daezee

daezee
daezee 
Diva
daezee
In response to daezee

I'm not scrapping. I'm cleaning. Finally found the motivation. But I still hate it.

daezee
daezee 
Diva
daezee
In response to daezee

Rio! I just read your comment to me on myplace. Thank you and you are TOO sweet!

daezee
daezee 
Diva
daezee
In response to daezee

Has anyone heard from Pat (Nonna's Love)lately? I've missed her!

NMlady
NMlady 
Governor
NMlady
In response to daezee

• daezee Said:

I love it when I get a surprise like this from a class. I also think it's great that they knew what you would enjoy most.

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia

daezee
daezee 
Diva
daezee
In response to daezee

Motivation is fading. I still have lots to do. bleck.

NMlady
NMlady 
Governor
NMlady
In response to NMlady

I fell asleep on the couch for 2 hours. The nasal spray the dr gave me makes me sleepy.
I need to get started on my mom's mini album I'm making her for Mday. SIL was going to WM so she picked up the pics for me. I forgot to take a pic of my oldest nephew. I think I may just get one from my pics of his grad last year. I'd prefer a more current one though, since he cut his hair a bit shorter and is clean shaven now. Drat.

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to NMlady

evening...busy weekend, not much time. Going to dd's choir concert again tonight. 3 hours is nooo fun sitting in an auditorium, but it is probably her last one, so I feel I must.

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to leebla

Gonna see if it's possible to actually catch up on my new computer!

NMlady
NMlady 
Governor
NMlady
In response to leebla

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to leebla

Joy, good luck with that gift album. you can do it. Just leave a space for any pix you don't currently have. Add them later this week.

Elizabeth, to the new computer. Enjoy.

NMlady
NMlady 
Governor
NMlady
In response to NMlady

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

From Firefly's "Bushwacked" Episode:

[Commander Harken questions the crew.]
Harken: You fought with Captain Reynolds in the war?
Zoe: Fought with a lot of people in the war.
Harken: And your husband?
Zoe: Fight with him sometimes, too.

NMlady
NMlady 
Governor
NMlady
In response to NMlady

ok found the right one

NMlady
NMlady 
Governor
NMlady
In response to NMlady

I should also make a little card for my aunt. She will be going out to dinner with us tomorrow.

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia

Lizzie is being a terror, I'm trying to finish enough of this album to be able to post it for Estee's challenge (I really, REALLY want to have the whole thing finished, scanned, and posted by tomorrow night), AND I need to go put the chicken in the oven to slowly roast. Kids and I had lunch at 3, so we are having dinner a little later than usual. It'll let DH go get his mom picked up from work and then come home and enjoy a hot meal without having to leave it to go get her.

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla

• BlingPrincessRia Said:
And now she's added a silver headband to the getup...I don't know what I'm going to do with her...No clue...at all...

at least she's got bling!

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to leebla

• leebla Said:
  • BlingPrincessRia Said:
And now she's added a silver headband to the getup...I don't know what I'm going to do with her...No clue...at all...

THAT is what's MOST important.

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia

• leebla Said:
  • BlingPrincessRia Said:

THAT is what's MOST important.

She's definitely MY daughter, huh? She even gets cranky in the same way I do. Whines for stuff she wants and throws fits.

daezee
daezee 
Diva
daezee

MY daughter just slammed in the door, yelled at me because I cancelled her VIP tanning package and stormed back out.

NMlady
NMlady 
Governor
NMlady
In response to daezee

Monica.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to daezee

• daezee Said:
MY daughter just slammed in the door, yelled at me because I cancelled her VIP tanning package and stormed back out.

That's no way to get that tanning package reinstated. Sounds like time to take other things away, huh?

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla

• Jesus Rocks Said:
I like Bazzill , but I like to put the less thick paper in my cutting machines. In fact, the Bazzill wouldn't cut in my cuttlebug. I haven't tried it in my cricut. It didn't cut in the Wishblade either, but since I'm still learning, it could be my fault.

Viv probably already hit this one, but...
Bazzill and Wishblade s...notoriously difficult...
but I find if I keep a newish blade, use th epink cap, and bump the pressure up to "tag 100lbs" it cuts most of it. Occasionally have to trim some edges with my cutterbees!

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla

hmmm...my new keyboard doesn't work right! It keeps scrambling up all my letters!
{cause you know it couldn't be ME}

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to leebla

• leebla Said:
hmmm...my new keyboard doesn't work right! It keeps scrambling up all my letters!
{cause you know it couldn't be ME}

Must be a bad cabling connection.

riorabbit
Queen
riorabbit
In response to daezee

Hey, sorry to post this and run. I just got in my car and had left my cell in there. Sorry if this is a repeat and Dawny already posted. Dawny called.

Megan is leaking amniotic fluid and in the hospital. So many many prayers and thoughts needed.

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to riorabbit

praying.

foltzy
foltzy 
Governor
foltzy

praying

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to foltzy

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to leebla

well, i got to page 8 of 10 for me
the computer is faster, but my eyes aren't!

But alas it is time to head to choir concert so I guess I best get a move on!

I still have noooooo idea what I am doing tomorrow. The guy who was her eto install my computer today had issues and didn't finish everything he was supposed to so he is coming back tomorrow. My mom my or may not stop over, if not I may try to catch her at my grandmother's (they sent her home today).

Or I may sleep all day because by the time I get done running teenage girls around to night it will be 12:30!

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to leebla

I just asked some of my friends for prayers for Megan. I figure every little bit helps. I didn't go into detail, just asked for some good vibes, prayers and thoughts.

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla

Praying and praying some more!!!

(I posted that once...don't know where it went?)

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to leebla

I just read a blog that made me stop everything, bite hard on my index finger (left teeth prints) to keep from sobbing loud and hard and I'm sitting here leaking tears.

Todd Stearns' blog

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia

Ditto that, Viv!

daezee
daezee 
Diva
daezee

Praying...

daezee
daezee 
Diva
daezee

• moxiegirl23 Said:
I just read a blog that made me stop everything, bite hard on my index finger (left teeth prints) to keep from sobbing loud and hard and I'm sitting here leaking tears.

Todd Stearns' blog

That was a sweet story, Liz.

daezee
daezee 
Diva
daezee
In response to daezee

I am so angry at my family right now. I had to get on here and calm down. It worked. Back to cleaning.

jellyziva
Governor
jellyziva

I talked to a few moms who are experiencing empty nest syndrome too.... they all said "we thought we'd be thrilled.. but who knows we'll feel this way..." Even a mom who had her kids (in college) visited over her DH's bday... now they're all gone and she's sad again...

So

jellyziva
Governor
jellyziva
In response to riorabbit

• riorabbit Said:
Hey, sorry to post this and run. I just got in my car and had left my cell in there. Sorry if this is a repeat and Dawny already posted. Dawny called.

Megan is leaking amniotic fluid and in the hospital. So many many prayers and thoughts needed.

Yes yes.. will do...

riorabbit
Queen
riorabbit
In response to jellyziva

I am back. Dad wanted me to go shopping with him to pick out a mom's day card. I had just found my phone when we were leaving so I wanted to post fast.

Praying here too. Hope all is ok with Megan. I didn't return her call or message or anything since I don't know if she can get messages there.

Page 5 of 26 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics