Username Post: Virtual Crop Week #62-Jump Right In!        (Topic#1463029)
moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to Vivian loves BLING

• Bling Fairy Vivian Said:
  • jelly97 Said:
  • moxiegirl23 Said:

Shirley, I went to college with a girl who had deep black hair. She used to bleach it white blond. It fell out on a regular basis. (She'd have all these bald patches until she shaved it all off and grew it back). If the chemicals didn't kill you, it certainly would make your hair fall out as you tried to maintain it.

Exactly my point! And if I want my hair to fall out? I will make my kids stay up 24/7, have DH take care of the house cleaning, after a few days, I'm sure ALL my hair would have fallen off. No need to pay extra $$ for something I could get for free!

I did buy a small box of hair colour (something like deep brown) last year for my birthday, but I have not tried it yet... It's probably expired... I was going to try it, but never did. I'm sure it'll do nothing.. the idea seems tempting.. you know, like making a 'small change' that no one but me knows about...

Oh no, I think I'm experiencing mid-life crisis!

Shirley, you could try those clip in hair pieces to give yourself highlights. Those would be fun.

I have a blue streak that clips in. I wear it sometimes.

jellyziva
Governor
jellyziva

Shirley, you could try those clip in hair pieces to give yourself highlights. Those would be fun.

That sounds like fun... except I have so much hair, I don't know where to clip them to!!!!!

Have too much hair may not be that great, apart from having stylist wanting to charge me triple ... you know the Cinderella/Bella curly hairdo? Won't work. Everytime I get a perm, I look more like the Lion King than any of the princesses.

NMlady
NMlady 
Governor
NMlady

I don't think it tells you anymore who is winning.

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to NMlady

when I found the auction, it told me that i***i was winning.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to moxiegirl23

Way past my bedtime. :yawn: So many things I never got to today.

NMlady
NMlady 
Governor
NMlady

I'm bidding on one now that ends in almost 6 days. I put a max bid in that I will not go over. Keeps me from being stupid in the heat of the moment.

NMlady
NMlady 
Governor
NMlady
In response to NMlady

oh it does, I see that now.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to NMlady

I was seriously researching becoming a Stickles dealer. I could auction off the stuff AND sell them here from home. I push the stuff as it is anyway! Wonder what a minimum order from Ranger is. I may have to get a retailer's license anyway... Hmmm.... I'd be a pusher AND a user. That's not normally a good thing, is it?

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

falling asleep. see you later.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

I thought you were on a different one.

NMlady
NMlady 
Governor
NMlady

Nite Liz

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to NMlady

Good night, Liz. Good night, Joy. Good night, Shirley.

Going to bed now.

I sent Ranger Ink an email. I may push, uh, I mean carry Stickles to sell. I used to have a retailers license a long time ago when I did computer consulting. This would be way more fun.

Cardstock, adhesives and Stickles. Would more would I need to sell!

c-leaper
Queen
c-leaper

I know there's usually not anyone here around this time of night. But then, our thread was at the top of the list, so there must be SOMEONE up and awake.

I'm back on page 21, so I'm not even going to try to catch up tonight. I'd never make it.

LONG day today. Weddings are like that. But we got Aunt Heather and Uncle Cole married. DD & DGS were adorable. DD had fun. We've figured out that DGS must be allergic to the chemicals used to treat some kinds of mulch, because his face got all welty again today after playing in some, and it has happened before after he's been in our neighbor's mulch, but ours doesn't seem to bother him. Go figure.

No one's had energy to do much of anything this evening. I sat and watched most of "Pirates of the Caribbean 3" with DD before coming up here. She started figuring out menus for the week (not that classes are over, she's in a mood to cook) (YAY!), but decided that first she needed to go through all the spices, see what we have, see what's outdated, see what bottles/cans can be combined. I say YAY for her.

So I just thought I'd pop in before crawling in bed and collapsing.

What have I missed today?

c-leaper
Queen
c-leaper

I was seriously researching becoming a Stickles dealer. I could auction off the stuff AND sell them here from home. I push the stuff as it is anyway! Wonder what a minimum order from Ranger is. I may have to get a retailer's license anyway... Hmmm.... I'd be a pusher AND a user. That's not normally a good thing, is it?

That's when you usually get arrested.

c-leaper
Queen
c-leaper
In response to c-leaper

What the heck were Liz and Vivian still doing here this late at night?

c-leaper
Queen
c-leaper
In response to jellyziva

Okay, I tried starting at the end and working backward, but it's too confusing. I'm gonna jump between where I left off last night and here....

jellyziva
Governor
jellyziva

I can just see that happening, Vivian.. knowing you, you'd probably be the largest dealer in your region!!! The official Bling Fairy....

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia
In response to c-leaper

Liz' DH is out-of-town, and she's always up late when he's gone but not always online. Not sure about Vivian...but she DID enjoy my song.

riorabbit
Queen
riorabbit
In response to jellyziva

Loving hearing on the news that Corona Del Sol (high school I went to) is having issues with students having healt issues that range from allergies and breathing issues to migraines. Hmm...soooo in high school, I had such bad issues with migraines and what I thought were horrid colds, but since learned were likely bad bad allergies. So much of an issue with these that I transfered to a charter school because I had too many abscences. Ok...so now they are saying that students at Corona are SIX TIMES as likely to have these issues than other schools in the valley.
Corona was originally designed to be solar powered and so it has weird ventilation stuff and they have reported on the news several times that officials at the school have known about this since like the 70s when it was built.

Hmmmmmmmmm..............

c-leaper
Queen
c-leaper
In response to BlingQueenRia

• BlingPrincessRia Said:
Liz' DH is out-of-town, and she's always up late when he's gone but not always online. Not sure about Vivian...but she DID enjoy my song.

And what's the story with Megan? I saw something about an update on her as I started going backward, but didn't get to the update itself.

jellyziva
Governor
jellyziva
In response to jellyziva

Oh.. hi, Jenni....

Busy day for us too.. went to a farewell party for a friend who'll be going on long term mission... and a birthday for a good friend's dd... by the time we got home, it's 8pm....

And I had a nice surprise here.. found Liz, Vivian, Barb here this hour!!! Usu, I would see Joy, Ria and you.. so we had a nice chat here..

Got to work on my BOM ... scary looking at photos when I'm young...

Another full day tomorrow... worship practice, worship service, bday party, probably stopping by another friend's house to meet her fiance for the 1st time....

c-leaper
Queen
c-leaper
In response to scrappycath

• scrappycath Said:
I don't ask the boys for gifts on Mother's Day. I don't want them feeling like if they buy/give me something that is the fulfillment of their obligation (if there is an obligation!).

When they ask me "what do you want for Mother's Day" I have always responded with either an activity that we can do together, an attitude that would be great to see more of, or something that I would like to spend time doing.

This year I wanted to all go hiking. But we are expecting rain. So now I need to rethink what we can do together.

Kim admitted this evening that she hasn't had time to go shopping for me for Mother's Day this year. I told her that's OK...I know she doesn't really have the money for it right now anyhow. I told her that what she can "get" me is to get up and go to church with me in the morning (she hasn't been for the last few weeks), and I think I might ask for some "cave time" to just scrap or catch up here. Having someone else primarily in charge of the baby is the best gift a person can give me right now.

c-leaper
Queen
c-leaper
In response to riorabbit

• riorabbit Said:
Loving hearing on the news that Corona Del Sol (high school I went to) is having issues with students having healt issues that range from allergies and breathing issues to migraines. Hmm...soooo in high school, I had such bad issues with migraines and what I thought were horrid colds, but since learned were likely bad bad allergies. So much of an issue with these that I transfered to a charter school because I had too many abscences. Ok...so now they are saying that students at Corona are SIX TIMES as likely to have these issues than other schools in the valley.
Corona was originally designed to be solar powered and so it has weird ventilation stuff and they have reported on the news several times that officials at the school have known about this since like the 70s when it was built.

Hmmmmmmmmm..............

I'm smelling lawsuit.

c-leaper
Queen
c-leaper
In response to jellyziva

• jelly97 Said:
Another full day tomorrow... worship practice, worship service, bday party, probably stopping by another friend's house to meet her fiance for the 1st time....

That sounds busy, but fun.

riorabbit
Queen
riorabbit
In response to c-leaper

• c-leaper Said:
  • riorabbit Said:

Hmmmmmmmmm..............

I'm smelling lawsuit.

I think there are a few at the moment. I don't plan to join in personally... Just um..urks me. Not bad enough to sue though. I have been done with high school for some time and I survived... going on with life...

NMlady
NMlady 
Governor
NMlady
In response to c-leaper

Jenni, Megan was leaking amniotic fluid. They are keeping her in the hospital overnite, if she doesn't lose anymore then she will go home tomorrow but will be on bed rest.

c-leaper
Queen
c-leaper
In response to daezee

• daezee Said:
Yesterday the kids in my class had a party for me because it was teacher appreciation week. They brought cupcakes and gave me a $55.00 gift card to HL!!!!! I am waiting for a really good sale, but I don't know what I'm going to get!

DANG!!!! They like you, Mrs. Z!

NMlady
NMlady 
Governor
NMlady
In response to NMlady

I'm going back to my bedroom to work on a mini album for my mom, maybe I'll get to the one for SIL too.

c-leaper
Queen
c-leaper
In response to NMlady

• NMlady Said:
Jenni, Megan was leaking amniotic fluid. They are keeping her in the hospital overnite, if she doesn't lose anymore then she will go home tomorrow but will be on bed rest.

And is her mom home with her this weekend or off on one of her girls' weekends out??

c-leaper
Queen
c-leaper

I'm back from helping dd move away. Tired and emotionally drained.

I thought about you several times today, Vivian, and wondered how you were holding up.

riorabbit
Queen
riorabbit
In response to c-leaper

• c-leaper Said:
  • NMlady Said:

And is her mom home with her this weekend or off on one of her girls' weekends out??

Both parents are home. Neither can leave the state now according to Dawn. Dawn feels that in the midst of this that might be a blessing. Megan seems to be doing well now too...

c-leaper
Queen
c-leaper
In response to riorabbit

• riorabbit Said:
  • c-leaper Said:
  • NMlady Said:

Both parents are home. Neither can leave the state now according to Dawn. Dawn feels that in the midst of this that might be a blessing. Megan seems to be doing well now too...

Is this because of Megan? Or because of something else?

c-leaper
Queen
c-leaper
In response to leebla

• leebla Said:
Gonna see if it's possible to actually catch up on my new computer!

Woo-hoo!!

c-leaper
Queen
c-leaper
In response to daezee

• daezee Said:
MY daughter just slammed in the door, yelled at me because I cancelled her VIP tanning package and stormed back out.

That's when you step back, brush off your hands, and say "My work here is done."

(I'm sure that whyever you canceled it, it was deserved.)

DawnInAZ
Queen
DawnInAZ

• BlingPrincessRia Said:
  • moxiegirl23 Said:
Good morning.

6:30 am is ridiculously too early to start a day, any day, but especially a Saturday!!!

Skimming...

Then what's 5 am?

The buttcrack of dawn!

And I said "dawn" NOT "buttcrack of DAWNY," so no offense intended, Dawny!

Ok, so if I said the buttcrack of Maria instead of the buttcrack of Ria, its diff?

riorabbit
Queen
riorabbit
In response to DawnInAZ

• DawnInAZ Said:
My 14 yr old niece is 27 weeks pregnant and got admitted last night for leaky amniotic fluid.
If she has no further leaks, she goes home tomorrow and is on bedrest the rest of the way. If it does leak, she stays there the rest of the way, how ever long it may be.
She passed today's leak test.
And both her parents are there with her.
And now no one can move out of state.

Bumping for jenni to read. Guess she didn't straight out say they cannot leave the state. She said no one can MOVE out of state. I do get the idea they are both sticking around though.

riorabbit
Queen
riorabbit
In response to riorabbit

YAY...Dawn is here so SHE can answer! Cause I don't really know....

riorabbit
Queen
riorabbit
In response to DawnInAZ

• DawnInAZ Said:
  • BlingPrincessRia Said:
  • moxiegirl23 Said:
Good morning.

6:30 am is ridiculously too early to start a day, any day, but especially a Saturday!!!

Skimming...

Then what's 5 am?

The buttcrack of dawn!

Ok, so if I said the buttcrack of Maria instead of the buttcrack of Ria, its diff?

So you are claiming 5am as your buttcrack?

DawnInAZ
Queen
DawnInAZ
In response to c-leaper

• c-leaper Said:
  • riorabbit Said:
  • c-leaper Said:
  • NMlady Said:

Is this because of Megan? Or because of something else?

Megan is in the hospital. If she passes her dye test in the am, she goes home, but is on bedrest the rest of the time. If she does not pass (still leaks) then she stays in hospital til she either stops leaking or delivers. Either way, Megan most certainly cannot travel ANYWHERE. So neither would her mom. And my sister is with her at the hospital 24/7 right now.

DawnInAZ
Queen
DawnInAZ
In response to riorabbit

[quote=riorabbit][quote=D awnInAZ][quote=BlingPrinc essRia][quote=moxiegirl23 ][quote=Bling Fairy Vivian]Good morning.

Skimming...
[/quote]

Then what's 5 am?
[/quote]

The buttcrack of dawn!

[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

c-leaper
Queen
c-leaper
In response to DawnInAZ

• DawnInAZ Said:
Megan is in the hospital. If she passes her dye test in the am, she goes home, but is on bedrest the rest of the time. If she does not pass (still leaks) then she stays in hospital til she either stops leaking or delivers. Either way, Megan most certainly cannot travel ANYWHERE. So neither would her mom. And my sister is with her at the hospital 24/7 right now.

Good.

Now we just have to get Megan stabilized....

How far along is she? 27? 28 weeks?

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia
In response to DawnInAZ

• DawnInAZ Said:
  • BlingPrincessRia Said:
  • moxiegirl23 Said:
Good morning.

Skimming...

Then what's 5 am?

The buttcrack of dawn!

But I said "dawn" not "Dawn." Big diff... Besides, nobody wants to get up at the buttcrack of ME.

DawnInAZ
Queen
DawnInAZ

I'm back from helping dd move away. Tired and emotionally drained.

c-leaper
Queen
c-leaper
In response to Scrappygal50

• Jesus Rocks Said:
My dh gave me my Mother's Day present when he came home. Sometimes he just can't wait. I couldn't believe it when I saw what he got me. I love to fish and my fav color is pink. He found pink fishing shirts for me. Oh I love this man!
I also got a new fishing rod. I told him I liked the old one just fine. He said this one is lighter and will be easier on me. Gotta love him! Always thinking of me!

Awwwwwwwww. What a sweetie!

DawnInAZ
Queen
DawnInAZ
In response to c-leaper

• c-leaper Said:
  • DawnInAZ Said:

Good.

27 weeks

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia
In response to riorabbit

[quote=riorabbit][quote=D awnInAZ][quote=BlingPrinc essRia][quote=moxiegirl23 ][quote=Bling Fairy Vivian]Good morning.

Skimming...
[/quote]

Then what's 5 am?
[/quote]

The buttcrack of dawn!

[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]
Me? Or Dawny?

DawnInAZ
Queen
DawnInAZ
In response to DawnInAZ

She is also getting steroid treatments to mature the baby's lungs faster in the event she delivers early.

c-leaper
Queen
c-leaper
In response to DawnInAZ

• DawnInAZ Said:
  • c-leaper Said:
  • DawnInAZ Said:

Good.

27 weeks

OK. I'm going to start by praying for 32 weeks. And when (not if) she makes it to that point, I'll pray for 36.

Are they going to start her on steroids to help the lungs develop in case of an early delivery?

c-leaper
Queen
c-leaper
In response to DawnInAZ

• DawnInAZ Said:
She is also getting steroid treatments to mature the baby's lungs faster in the event she delivers early.

Then never mind my question that I was typing before I had a chance to refresh and see this.

c-leaper
Queen
c-leaper
In response to c-leaper

Random Comment:

A DJ who plays Carrie Underwood's "Before He Cheats" at a wedding reception should be booted out the door and not paid.

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia
In response to c-leaper

• c-leaper Said:
Random Comment:

A DJ who plays Carrie Underwood's "Before He Cheats" at a wedding reception should be booted out the door and not paid.

Definitely!!!

c-leaper
Queen
c-leaper

• BlingPrincessRia Said:
  • c-leaper Said:
Random Comment:

Definitely!!!

I think most of the wedding party was busy eating and talking and didn't even realize he played it. (At least, Kim didn't.) I heard it and just sat there with my jaw hanging. Sheesh!

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia

Especially when there are so much BETTER songs of hers to play. Like "Jesus Take The Wheel."

riorabbit
Queen
riorabbit
In response to c-leaper

Hmm...yeah...not really a good WEDDING song... I do like the song though...

c-leaper
Queen
c-leaper
In response to riorabbit

• riorabbit Said:

Oh, I LOVE the song! It's a great "angry chick" song.

Just wrong-time-wrong-place.

c-leaper
Queen
c-leaper
In response to foltzy

• Diva foltzy Said:
Weening a baby off the bottle is not fun. It breaks my heart. He still gets bottles at naps and when he first goes to bed but we've stopped overnights. He's doing really well but him crying is breaking my heart. He's back to sleep now but I feel like a bad mom.

DawnInAZ
Queen
DawnInAZ

• moxiegirl23 Said:
I just read a blog that made me stop everything, bite hard on my index finger (left teeth prints) to keep from sobbing loud and hard and I'm sitting here leaking tears.

Todd Stearns' blog

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia
In response to c-leaper

• c-leaper Said:
  • riorabbit Said:

If you want an "angry chick" song, try Alanis Morissette's older stuff, like the "Jagged Little Pill" album. OMG, "You Oughta Know" makes Carrie Underwood's "Before he Cheats" sound like a temper tantrum.

DawnInAZ
Queen
DawnInAZ

• BlingPrincessRia Said:
Especially when there are so much BETTER songs of hers to play. Like "Jesus Take The Wheel."

That's my ring tone.

DawnInAZ
Queen
DawnInAZ
In response to c-leaper

• c-leaper Said:
  • BlingPrincessRia Said:
  • c-leaper Said:
Random Comment:

Definitely!!!

I think most of the wedding party was busy eating and talking and didn't even realize he played it. (At least, Kim didn't.) I heard it and just sat there with my jaw hanging. Sheesh!

OH EM GEE !!

riorabbit
Queen
riorabbit
In response to DawnInAZ

Those of you with little ones around...any of you have the book. "Guess how much I love you". I am making a card for my mom and I have this cute bunny stamp. It is a big bunny hugging a little bunny. So I decided to use it for a card (mom knows I bunnies). Seemed appropriate. Sooo...I have been trying to come up with a quote or something to use. Just occured to me that the bunnies remind me of that book. She would know the book too. I want to use something from that book.

I just cannot decide what and I don't think I have a copy here (off to look).

c-leaper
Queen
c-leaper

• Diva foltzy Said:
Micayla and Geoffrey look a like but they both also look like me as a baby. Though my MIL swears they look like Brian but she's the only one.

Some times we only see what we want to see.

Ohmygosh yes. Uncle Jasen said today that every time he sees Ethan, Ethan looks more like ED.

EVERYONE else says he looks more like his mama all the time.

(But we'll allow that maybe he looks a leetle more like Uncle Jasen.)

riorabbit
Queen
riorabbit

• BlingPrincessRia Said:
  • c-leaper Said:
  • riorabbit Said:

If you want an "angry chick" song, try Alanis Morissette's older stuff, like the "Jagged Little Pill" album. OMG, "You Oughta Know" makes Carrie Underwood's "Before he Cheats" sound like a temper tantrum.

Not a big Alanis fan for some reason...just can't get into it...

DawnInAZ
Queen
DawnInAZ

• moxiegirl23 Said:
  • riorabbit Said:
I am back. Dad wanted me to go shopping with him to pick out a mom's day card. I had just found my phone when we were leaving so I wanted to post fast.

Praying here too. Hope all is ok with Megan. I didn't return her call or message or anything since I don't know if she can get messages there.

I ended up leaving her a PM. I thought I had her cell #, but I only have her house phone and I don't want to call that in case she doesn't get the message.

Thank u!! My parents get really weird about people calling from online.
It's kinda like if they don't know you, why should you call their daughter?

c-leaper
Queen
c-leaper
In response to daezee

• daezee Said:
Well Barbara, I'm looking at your face in your avatar, and you are beautiful. And if that is a wig, it is beautiful, too. Thanks for sharing that with us. It's the beauty on the inside that counts.

And I'm just going to add what I think is the most important thing....I think it's wonderful that you feel comfortable enough to share something like that with us. That's just one more thing that we can add to our list of "Reasons We Are Strong Together."

DawnInAZ
Queen
DawnInAZ
In response to riorabbit

• riorabbit Said:
Those of you with little ones around...any of you have the book. "Guess how much I love you". I am making a card for my mom and I have this cute bunny stamp. It is a big bunny hugging a little bunny. So I decided to use it for a card (mom knows I bunnies). Seemed appropriate. Sooo...I have been trying to come up with a quote or something to use. Just occured to me that the bunnies remind me of that book. She would know the book too. I want to use something from that book.

Google the title and see if there is an online copy anywhere.

DawnInAZ
Queen
DawnInAZ
In response to riorabbit

• riorabbit Said:
Maybe one text from all of us would be good. Then she just knows we are all thinking and care, but not lots of messages to deal with?

I would love it if you did it Ria, costs me 20 cents each text.... I would do it if no one else was. I just think one text from the whole VCW might be better with all she has going on right now.

I got the text and I answered, "Thanks but who exactly is this?"

c-leaper
Queen
c-leaper
In response to DawnInAZ

• DawnInAZ Said:

Good thing you don't live out on your own then, eh? Then you'd have this *gasp* whole other life that they wouldn't know about!!!!!!

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia
In response to DawnInAZ

• DawnInAZ Said:
  • BlingPrincessRia Said:

That's my ring tone.

Mine is "How To Save a Life."

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia
In response to DawnInAZ

• DawnInAZ Said:
  • riorabbit Said:
Maybe one text from all of us would be good. Then she just knows we are all thinking and care, but not lots of messages to deal with?

I would love it if you did it Ria, costs me 20 cents each text.... I would do it if no one else was. I just think one text from the whole VCW might be better with all she has going on right now.

I got the text and I answered, "Thanks but who exactly is this?"

It shoulda said my name at the bottom with my phone number. I figured sending a text directly to you would bypass your parents and then they wouldn't have anything to wonder about.

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia
In response to DawnInAZ

• DawnInAZ Said:
  • moxiegirl23 Said:
  • riorabbit Said:
I am back. Dad wanted me to go shopping with him to pick out a mom's day card. I had just found my phone when we were leaving so I wanted to post fast.

Praying here too. Hope all is ok with Megan. I didn't return her call or message or anything since I don't know if she can get messages there.

I ended up leaving her a PM. I thought I had her cell #, but I only have her house phone and I don't want to call that in case she doesn't get the message.

So, what if I'd been mad at you, called, and asked to speak to "Dawn Marie [insert last name here]"?

c-leaper
Queen
c-leaper

Although, being half Korean, I'd look kinda odd being blond but it would still be fun!!

Not any more odd than Cher looks being blonde.

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia
In response to c-leaper

• c-leaper Said:
  • DawnInAZ Said:

Good thing you don't live out on your own then, eh? Then you'd have this *gasp* whole other life that they wouldn't know about!!!!!!

Heaven forbid! *fans self*

DawnInAZ
Queen
DawnInAZ
In response to AJs Mama

• tinkerbratalicious Said:
u can add that walmart bannds people from their store just because they hate them to your why I hate walmart list. I encourage everyone to boycot walmart

I think you have already had this discussion with me about this.
Walmart only bans you if you caused a scene or broke a law. Or both.

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia
In response to c-leaper

• c-leaper Said:
Although, being half Korean, I'd look kinda odd being blond but it would still be fun!!

True...but I have seen blonde Latinas, and as with Koreans/Chinese/all other Asians, if it is from a bottle, it just doesn't look right.

NMlady
NMlady 
Governor
NMlady
In response to c-leaper

• c-leaper Said:

:gag:

DawnInAZ
Queen
DawnInAZ
In response to c-leaper

• c-leaper Said:
  • DawnInAZ Said:

hahaha.....and what's funny is that i talk about "those gals on the scrapbook forum" all the time. It's not like it would be a surprise.

NMlady
NMlady 
Governor
NMlady
In response to DawnInAZ

Okay going back to my room to crop pics for Mom's mini album. I'm short on pics for the 2 oldest nephews, maybe it is because mom was on the road then. She was a long distance trucker. And then oldest nephew moved back to England and didn't come back until about 8th grade. I still can't believe that I forgot to snap a current pic of him.

c-leaper
Queen
c-leaper

• Jesus Rocks Said:
Thanks again ladies! You all made me feel good. I have always felt like a fraud for not revealing, and yet I didn't know what would happen if I did. It's out, and no harm no foul. Anyway, I stayed up too late last night and got up too early. Goodnight and have a great day tomorrow!

Oh goodness, honey. If we can handle kids in jail, teen moms, straying husbands, a wide variety of mental/emotional issues/illnesses...I think we can handle thin hair.

DawnInAZ
Queen
DawnInAZ
In response to AJs Mama

anyhow this week after i get to feeling better from my cold an dsunburn im conatacting walmart corprate and filing a discrimination complaint. we all know walmart hates women. I feel that this certain manager descrimnated against me for personal as well as that he hates women.

Liz, you yourself told us that you caused a huge scene and that cops had to be called.
So tell me, how is THAT discrimination???
They don't just file claims without reason.
You have none, zero, zilch.

c-leaper
Queen
c-leaper
In response to DawnInAZ

• DawnInAZ Said:
(Yes, Jenni, I :GASP: cut my hair.)

You know you're going to , right?

(Hey, who am I to talk? I wear JEANS to church!!!!) :gasp:

DawnInAZ
Queen
DawnInAZ

• moxiegirl23 Said:
anyhow this week after i get to feeling better from my cold an dsunburn im conatacting walmart corprate and filing a discrimination complaint. we all know walmart hates women. I feel that this certain manager descrimnated against me for personal as well as that he hates women.

You dropped the f-bomb. That's unaccaptable behavior no matter how provoked you were. I didn't know Walmart hated women, there's tons of women management and happy female walmart customers around here. Honestly, I think you would be better served to just forget it and move on with your life.

I will be the first to agree with you that Walmart is a cruddy company. DH worked for a subsidiary and the benefits were a joke. But you behaved poorly and had a tantrum over a pair of shoes. You can't try and play the discrimination card on that, there are no grounds and any judge in the land would laugh you out of court.

I agree with LizMoxie completely.

DawnInAZ
Queen
DawnInAZ
In response to c-leaper

• c-leaper Said:
  • DawnInAZ Said:

My hair is my glory as the Bible says, but as I say, it's not too glorious looking ratty.

You wear jeans on praise team?

c-leaper
Queen
c-leaper
In response to DawnInAZ

• DawnInAZ Said:
hahaha.....and what's funny is that i talk about "those gals on the scrapbook forum" all the time. It's not like it would be a surprise.

I do, too. It's always "[insert name] from the scrapbook group." But then, I've been talking about my online friends since Kim was in kindergarten. My crew is used to it by now.

riorabbit
Queen
riorabbit
In response to DawnInAZ

• DawnInAZ Said:
  • riorabbit Said:

Google the title and see if there is an online copy anywhere.

That was actually the first thing I tried. No success so far...guess I should look more.

DawnInAZ
Queen
DawnInAZ

• BlingPrincessRia Said:
  • DawnInAZ Said:
  • moxiegirl23 Said:
  • riorabbit Said:

So, what if I'd been mad at you, called, and asked to speak to "Dawn Marie [insert last name here]"?

This is why I only give out my cell online.

c-leaper
Queen
c-leaper
In response to DawnInAZ

• DawnInAZ Said:
NA's and such get the "scut work" that nurses either don't have time for or don't want to do.
Cleaning up vomit, soiled bedlinens, helping people to bathroom, answering call lights and seeing what the patient wants only to be yelled at by said patient are examples of scut work.
If you are ok with those things, then fine. But if you are not, I thought you might wanna know.

Now, does your daughter realize all that is involved with home health aides? ALOT of scut stuff in the home, besides dealing with usually VERY VERY cranky patients, usually cranky elderly people. Now if she feels she can handle this, then she should go for it. But just let her know what I said.
I will say this. If she can handle being a home health aide, most aspects nursing will be much easier to deal with for her. (I heard that from a nurse I know who did the home health stuff prior to nursing.)

About the NA work...yeah, I know. My saving grace would be that that would not be my primary job. My primary responsibility would still be to be at the desk, making sure things there run smoothly, dealing with the families. I figure if nothing else, I can at least get IN there, and then move when the same position in another unit opens up.

As for DD and home healthcare...I'm trying to tell her there's a REASON you get paid $11/hour. That it's not fun work. But she isn't seeing beyond the paycheck at this point. I figured if she goes in to do the interview, maybe that's when it'll hit her. (Of course, she's talking about applying for NA at the hospital, so she can do scut work for $8-some an hour or for $11 and hour.)

DawnInAZ
Queen
DawnInAZ
In response to DawnInAZ

OK I am only three pages back, but I am gonna just stop there and come here and start anew.

(Perusing my new stuff from SBB.) happy

riorabbit
Queen
riorabbit
In response to c-leaper

I wear jean shorts and flip flops to church...have ever since I was old enough to really dress myself. I would on praise team too, but I can't sing so if I was on praise team, I would be behind a drum set anyway. However, our praise team including singers all wear jeans typically and shorts are fine too... just depends on the weather. ... no fainting smiley for me since this is all I have really ever known.

DawnInAZ
Queen
DawnInAZ
In response to DawnInAZ

brb....need some ice water

riorabbit
Queen
riorabbit
In response to riorabbit

So you gonna at least tell us what you got at SBB...never been there btw...

c-leaper
Queen
c-leaper
In response to DawnInAZ

• DawnInAZ Said:
  • c-leaper Said:
  • DawnInAZ Said:

My hair is my glory as the Bible says, but as I say, it's not too glorious looking ratty.

Well, first of all, my particular group only sings once a month or so. (There are several groups that rotate.)

But yeah. Sometimes. I especially did when I was in a group with a bunch of 20-somethings. We all wore jeans with nice tops/shirts. Now it's just kind of however the mood strikes me that morning.

c-leaper
Queen
c-leaper
In response to jellyziva

• jelly97 Said:
  • Jesus Rocks Said:
Barbara, I was starting to check out wigs. I used to have incredibly thick hair. I could barely wrap my hand around my pony tail. Now a finger can wrap around it.

Top was very, very thin. But it's growing back. It was more stress/cortisol and insulin related. I also think my coloring my hair may have been a part of the problem. Even though I was told this can't be, I always noticed more fall out after coloring and there was the added stress of hiding those roots. So for the last year, no coloring and better stress managing (still working on that), it's working.

My big brother is bald front to back, same pattern as me. So heredity is part of it, too.

Obviously, there are lots of issues going on with me. I just thank God, I have the most wonderful dh in the world.

Thanks for sharing such a difficult thing with us... I'll add your health to my prayer list!

I think it sounds like we need a VCW prayer list!

I've thought about that more than once, but haven't figured out the best way to do it.

c-leaper
Queen
c-leaper
In response to c-leaper

Wow, I did manage to get caught up tonight. And now I'm headed to bed.

Happy Mother's Day to all the moms, surrogate moms, wannabe moms, moms at heart, adopted moms (legal or practical), and any other kind of mom in the group that I might have forgotten.

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia
In response to DawnInAZ

• DawnInAZ Said:

That it is not. I get my ends trimmed about every 4-6 months, and get my bangs done every six weeks. My hair grows that fast. It went from Demi-Moore-in-"Ghost" short all the way to my waist in three years' time. Yup. Grows fast. Lizzie's is the same way, so I usually just make a double-appointment and get our hair done together. She loves the "girl time" with Momma.

DawnInAZ
Queen
DawnInAZ
In response to riorabbit

• riorabbit Said:

It's got a really really nice cropping area.
ok....here's what I got:
Say It Again Crystals-1 black, 1 red
Some BG Sugared PP (singluar PP not the whole pack)
BG Sugared glazed brads
Some pearls in a circular swirls shape in white and pink
Rhinestones in same circular swirls shape in red and ice
Some light chipboard swirls and whirlies
2 cute lil boy mini book kits they put together and sell
Making Memories - 12x12 Diecut Paper - Noteworthy Collection - Delaney - Scallop Circle-orangey, flowery and real cute
Adorn It Cowgirl Stickers/border
2 lil kits they make that consist of a coaster, some PP, a stamped image and some embellies. (giving as gifts)

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia
In response to c-leaper

• c-leaper Said:
  • DawnInAZ Said:
  • c-leaper Said:
  • DawnInAZ Said:

Well, first of all, my particular group only sings once a month or so. (There are several groups that rotate.)

But yeah. Sometimes. I especially did when I was in a group with a bunch of 20-somethings. We all wore jeans with nice tops/shirts. Now it's just kind of however the mood strikes me that morning.

Wow. When I was on Praise Team with my church, I didn't dare wear jeans. (Maybe my being Southern Baptist has something to do with that? I don't know.) Our team had five singers, and Momma and I were among them. I dressed up for church: dress slacks and blouse, flat dress shoes OR a long dress and flat dress shoes, whichever struck my fancy.

When I first joined the Praise Team, there were two microphones and we had to gather around them both. I don't remember when the change came when we each had a microphone, but I DO remember my dad's reaction that Sunday: "Wow. I didn't know you could sing!" :Rolleyes:

riorabbit
Queen
riorabbit
In response to DawnInAZ

• DawnInAZ Said:
  • riorabbit Said:

It's got a really really nice cropping area.
ok....here's what I got:
Say It Again Crystals-1 black, 1 red
Some BG Sugared PP (singluar PP not the whole pack)
BG Sugared glazed brads
Some pearls in a circular swirls shape in white and pink
Rhinestones in same circular swirls shape in red and ice
Some light chipboard swirls and whirlies
2 cute lil boy mini book kits they put together and sell
Making Memories - 12x12 Diecut Paper - Noteworthy Collection - Delaney - Scallop Circle-orangey, flowery and real cute
Adorn It Cowgirl Stickers/border
2 lil kits they make that consist of a coaster, some PP, a stamped image and some embellies. (giving as gifts)

Oooh...looks like you got some cute new stuff for the baby.

DawnInAZ
Queen
DawnInAZ
In response to DawnInAZ

Oh yeah, and of course a couple packages of Petaloo flowers-Paper Wild Roses in Dark Brown and in Blush.

DawnInAZ
Queen
DawnInAZ

• Jesus Rocks Said:
DD gave me a gift card to Hobby Lobby. Gots some shopping to do this week!!!

Stimulus check has deposited. I have a little spending to do myself.

Mine still has not arrived.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics