Page 1 of 58 
Username Post: The Sassy Blinging Babes COF ~Thread Closed ~ See last post for new thread        (Topic#1463349)
Creative Chaos
Guru
Creative Chaos

Hi Ladies

Welcome to the Sassy Blinging Babes Support Group!!

We have a great group of ladies in our support group and we are looking to get to know some new friends and to learn and grow of each other.

You can also view our Old Threads Here and Here!

The Current Sassy Blinging Babes are:

1. Chaotic Chelle(Chelle)(Team Driver)
2. DawnInAZ (Dawn) (Co Driver)
3. Sarah-Scraps(Sarah)
4. Jennifer Priest(Jen)
5. Scrapgurl78(Trisha)
6. ScrappinChic25(Mariah)
7. TxAllieGrl (Allie)
8. angie girl
9. Noelle311 (Noelle)
10. runs with scissors (Bonnie)
11. candylou (Candace)
12. rtay (Rhonda)
13. DaniKat (Danica/Dani)
14. ScrappyPrincess (Shannon)
15. jgassa (Julie)
16. _courtney_ (Courtney)
17. SB1280 (Sarah)
18. cynhotaz (Cyndi)
19. CookieBlaze (Kristy)
20. BlingQueenRia (Ria)
21. Jelly97 (Shirley)

MIA Babes

marine-wife (Amanda)
lilmermaid627 (Arielle)

If you would like to join the group, please introduce your self in a post and include the following questions with answers:

1. Your name / what you prefer to be called?
2. Where you're from?
3. Birthday?
4. # of years scrapbooking
5. DH? Boyfriend? Girlfriend? How long?
6. Kids? Names & Ages?
7. Pets? What kind? Names & Ages?
8. What do you do for a living?
9. Favorite scrapbooking technique?
10. What would you like to work on most?
11. What is your favorite scrap subject?
12. Tell us one fun fact about yourself.

Also if you could PM me your full name, address and email address so I can update the contact list, that would be fabulous

We all understand RL can become a pain sometimes and life gets busy, so if you want to leave the group, Please let us know or PM me. There will be no hard feelings!

Due to the amount of scrappers who want to be in an active support group we only have one "rule" to stay a member and that is the "posting" rule. The rest are just guidelines so people know what is going on.

Posting: Please check in at least once a week and say hello and let us know you're ok.
Now, if you're ill, or you're going away etc and can't get on, we totally understand that, just let us know that you won't be on for a few weeks so we don't worry!
If a member does not post anything for a month their spot will be opened up to new members.

Guidelines:

Layouts: No specific number required, just post them as you do them. If you have a LO you would like to share please put the link in your post(instead of a general can you look at my gallery) That way we can talk about your latest project together!
We all love comments and such so please make an effort to check out each others galleries and when a member posts up a LO let's all check it out!

Challenges: We are going to have monthly challenges.
It is not compulsory you take part.
Anyone one of you are more than welcome to host a challenge. If you would like to do so, please let me know as each challenge will be posted on the SBB blog. [url=http://sassyblinging babes.blogspot.com[/url]. This way we can keep track of them rather than having to trawl back through posts to find them
If you are going to take part in a challenge, Please ensure you can commit to it through to the end, more so if things need to be posted. If things need to be sent to someone by the 25, please have it in the post by the 23rd.
We understand that things may pop up to prevent you completing the challenge, if this is the case please PM the host and let them know.
Please do not flake.

Other: Get to know each other and become a fab group of friends!!!

Here is a little info about each lovely member!!

-----
ChaoticChelle Profile (Team Driver)

1. Your name / what you prefer to be called? Chelle
2. Where you're from: England - Living in America
3. Birthday: 20th June 1981
4. # of years scrapbooking? Since April 2007
5. DH? Boyfriend? Girlfriend? How long? DH ~ John
6. Kids? Names & Ages? None atm
7. Pets? What kind? Names & Ages? 2 cats ~ Murphy and Winston.
8. What do you do for a living? A kept woman atm
9. Favorite scrapbooking technique? Stamping!
10. What would you like to work on most? Anything messy.
11. What is your favorite scrap subject? Hmm - Not sure
12. Tell us one fun fact about yourself. I was born with out a sense of smell!

-----
DawnInAZ Profile

1. Your name / what you prefer to be called? Dawn, Dawny
2. Where you're from? Arizona
3. Birthday? 12/30/67
4. # of years scrapbooking? Since 2005
5. DH? Boyfriend? Girlfriend? How long? none of the above
6. Kids? Names & Ages? none
7. Pets? What kind? Names & Ages? dog (Corgi) named Ralphy.
8. What do you do for a living? work for pediatric cardiologist
9. Favorite scrapbooking technique? Using flowers or blingy things.
10. What would you like to work on most? scrapping my niece and nephews in 8 1/2 x 11 or 12 x 12 albums.
11. What is your favorite scrap subject? my family members
12. Tell us one fun fact about yourself.I used to think scrapbooking was for "nannas" only.

----
Sarah Scraps Profile

1. Your name / what you prefer to be called? - Sarah
2. Where you're from? Brisbane, Australia
3. Birthday? 21-02-78
4. # of years scrapbooking - 8
5. DH? Boyfriend? Girlfriend? How long? - DH, married on the 25-3-2000, known each other since 1997
6. Kids? Names & Ages? - Amber (7)
7. Pets? What kind? Names & Ages? Jesse - German Shepherd, 11 & Sweet-Pea the turbo charged kitty who's 10 but thinks she still a young thing!)
8. What do you do for a living? - FT Group Leader in Childcare Centre
9. Favorite scrapbooking technique? - Fussy Cutting, paper piecing and anything girly
10. What would you like to work on most? BOM
11. What is your favorite scrap subject? - Amber
12. Tell us one fun fact about yourself. - My full name is Sarah-Leigh - I'm not named after a Cheesecake!
13. My blog: http://papertree.blogspot.com/

-----

Jennifer Priest Profile

1. Your name / what you prefer to be called? Jennifer or Jen
2. Where you're from? Hesperia, CA
3. Birthday? Nov 20
4. # of years scrapbooking 10
5. DH? Boyfriend? Girlfriend? How long? DH Xaver, 12 years total.
6. Kids? Names & Ages? Katie and Matt, age 9 and 1
7. Pets? What kind? Names & Ages? We plan on getting a dog soon cuz we finally own our own house! Katie has a horse at my parent's house.
8. What do you do for a living? Scrap!
9. Favorite scrapbooking technique? Has to be using ribbon.
10. What would you like to work on most? Catching all my my albums up to date.
11. What is your favorite scrap subject? Pretty much everything
12. Tell us one fun fact about yourself. I work for a charity crop group called Scrapbook Royalty!

-----

Scrapgurl78 Profile

1. Your name / what you prefer to be called? Trisha
2. Where you're from? Southern Cali!
3. Birthday? 07-07 (Lucky Day) =)
4. # of years scrapbooking? About 10 years
5. DH? Boyfriend? Girlfriend? How long? Husband of 5 1/2 years, together for 11 years (Highschool Sweethearts) =)
6. Kids? Names & Ages? Just born! Breanna Nichole, 4 weeks old.
7. Pets? What kind? Names & Ages? Yes, I have 2 rugrats! Both mixed..Nalla is mixed with Rott and Doberman 7 years old & Honey mixed with Golden Retriever and Brown Lab, @ 1 1/2 years old.
8. What do you do for a living? I am in case management, work for the San Bernardino County Housing Authority.
9. Favorite scrapbooking technique? Inking, but that changes everyday!
10. What would you like to work on most? Not being afraid to try new things...
11. What is your favorite scrap subject? Family
12. Tell us one fun fact about yourself: I am a new mommy! Me and my husband have been trying since we got married, miscarried the first time around, so Breanna is truly a blessing to us!

-----
ScrappinChic25 Profile

1. Your name / what you prefer to be called? Mariah
2. Where you're from? Richardson, TX
3. Birthday? 1-13
4. # of years scrapbooking? I've had supplies for about 3 years, but really getting into it for about a year.
5. DH? Boyfriend? Girlfriend? How long? DH of 2 years
6. Kids? Names & Ages? No kids yet.
7. Pets? What kind? Names & Ages? Callie is a 1 y/o Coonhound/Lab mix. She's the pup in my avatar.
8. What do you do for a living? I'm an accountant during the day
9. Favorite scrapbooking technique? Inking right now
10. What would you like to work on most?I would most like to work on balancing my pages.
11. What is your favorite scrap subject? I've been taking a lot of pics of Callie recently, so I'm going to go with her right now.
12. Tell us one fun fact about yourself: My absolute favorite thing to do is travel and learn about different cultures and histories.

-----
TxAllieGrl Profile

1. Your name / what you prefer to be called? Allie
2. Where you're from? Florida, living Fort Worth, TX
3. Birthday? 6-27-74 (I'm a cancer)
4. # of years scrapbooking - Just 1! I'm addicted
5. DH? Boyfriend? Girlfriend? How long? Single, single and single! I have my eye on someone atm, and we'll see how it all works out.
6. Kids? Names & Ages? Nada.
7. Pets? What kind? Names & Ages? I have 4 pugs - Jessie, Angel, Bello and Audrey, and 1 cat - Tally.
8. What do you do for a living? I slave so I can feed the hounds. I'm a project manager.
9. Favorite scrapbooking technique? I love stamps, inking, and layering paper.
10. What would you like to work on most? I actually enjoy altered items more than the LOs.
11. What is your favorite scrap subject? The pugs, my adorable nephews, and my friends.
12. Tell us one fun fact about yourself. I was a clown in my university's circus. My mother was *thrilled* when I said I was joining the circus - it was loads of fun! They don't have clowns anymore =( Flying High Circus

-----

Noelle311 Profile

1. Your name / what you prefer to be called? Noelle
2. Where you're from? Georgia
3. Birthday? March 11, 1981
4. # of years scrapbooking? 1
5. DH? Boyfriend? Girlfriend? How long? Single
6. Kids? Names & Ages? No kids yet
7. Pets? What kind? Names & Ages? My dog passed away in January. She was 13 1/2. Her name was Jammer.
8. What do you do for a living? I am an Office Associate at Fedex Freight
9. Favorite scrapbooking technique? I'm new to scrapbooking so I am still learning. Would really love to try inking/distressing
10. What would you like to work on most? Altering photos, embossing
11. What is your favorite scrap subject? My dog
12. Tell us one fun fact about yourself. I was born in south Florida and hope to live there soon!

-----

runs with scissors Profile

1. My name: bonnie
2. Where you're from: Lakewood, WA
3. Birthday: August 7th
4. # of years scrapbooking: Since JHS
5. DH /How long: DH Craig, 4 yrs on 7/7
6. Kid / Name /Age: DS Willie 15
7. Pets: N/A
8. What do you do for a living: Legal Asst
9. Favorite sbking technique: making my own embellishments
10. Like to work on most: more time
11. Favorite scrap subject: DS and vacations
12. Fun fact about yourself: I like to sing in my car

-----
candylou (Profile)

1. Your name / what you prefer to be called? Candace
2. Where you're from? Picayune, Mississippi
3. Birthday? April 7
4. # of years scrapbooking? I did it a few years ago and gave it up. I just got back into it with a newfound interest. I love it! So...a few months.
5. DH? Boyfriend? Girlfriend? How long? Boyfriend Andrew, 1 year on May 19.
6. Kids? Names & Ages? Someday but not yet. I'm still in college.
7. Pets? What kind? Names & Ages? My family has a cat. Poor thing doesn't have a name. I just call her Kitty. We also have a cockatiel named Tipper.
8. What do you do for a living? I'm a senior at the University of Southern Mississippi. I also work part-time for the U.S. Navy in their public affairs office.
9. Favorite scrapbooking technique? I'm still new and learning all of these techniques. I like using eyelets.
10. What would you like to work on most? a book about my family's heritage
11. What is your favorite scrap subject? My boyfriend
12. Tell us one fun fact about yourself. I've never ate a peanut butter and jelly sandwich! And I have webbed toes.

-----
rtay (Profile)

1. Your name / what you prefer to be called? Rhonda
3. Birthday? May 17, 1960, older than the majority of you all
..off and on for 20 years, alot of off
5. DH? Boyfriend? Girlfriend? How long? divorced last time in 2002, and NOT dating
6. Kids? Names & Ages? 4 kids and 1 grand baby,Sam will be 30 in July, Jason was 28 in April, the twins Alyssa and Andrew will be 20 in November, and my grandaughter will be 6 months on the 20th of may
7. Pets? What kind? Names & Ages? Chango 1 and 1/2 yo pit, also have a traveling cat, Gandolf he belongs to the entire family and lives with all of us, so we take turns with him, he is 6 and is currently at my youngest sons
8. What do you do for a living? Disabled now, but was formerly a truck driver and a heavy equipment operator
9. Favorite scrapbooking technique? I'm learning inking now, so I guess that would be it
10. What would you like to work on most? Childhood albums for all the kids ( Sam has his already, so 1 down and 3 to go) and my BOM
11. What is your favorite scrap subject? my DGD
12. Tell us one fun fact about yourself. Well, most people think it is pretty facinating that I drove semi trucks and heavy equipment. Other wise, I'd say I'm a huge Cher and Elvis fan, I've Seen Cher and been to Graceland!

-----

DaniKat Profile

1. Your name / what you prefer to be called? Danica~friends from way back call me Dani...and you all can too if you want!
2. Where you're from? I live in Las Vegas, previously in VA but I'm a Jersey girl at heart (lived there til I was almost 20)
3. Birthday? June 29
4. # of years scrapbooking? Started about 8 years ago, but haven't gotten serious or any good at it until this past year
5. DH? Boyfriend? Girlfriend? How long? Dh and I will be celebrating our 10 yr anniversary in November
6. Kids? Names & Ages? Daniel (almost 6) and Jamie (James) who's 4
7. Pets? What kind? Names & Ages? No pets
8. What do you do for a living? We own a monogramming business/gift store.
9. Favorite scrapbooking technique? Right now it's sewing
10. What would you like to work on most? Learing new techniques
11. What is your favorite scrap subject? My boys
12. Tell us one fun fact about yourself. I'm addicted to reality TV, especially the ones on Bravo

-----

ScrappyPrincess Profile

1. Your name / what you prefer to be called? Shannon
2. Where you're from? Western PA
3. Birthday? 8-19-1980
4. # of years scrapbooking? I've been scrappin about 6 years
5. DH? Boyfriend? Girlfriend? How long? DH, Jake married almost 4.. Together almost 8
6. Kids? Names & Ages? One handsome baby boy. Chase age 3
7. Pets? What kind? Names & Ages? No pets unless you consider my 3 year old.
8. What do you do for a living? Work in Retail
9. Favorite scrapbooking technique? Favorite scrapbooking technique? I don't really have a favorite technique.
10. What would you like to work on most? I would like to start a Book of ME!
11. What is your favorite scrap subject? What is your favorite scrap subject? My Son
12. Tell us one fun fact about yourself. Tell us one fun fact about yourself. I'm less than 5 feet tall.

-----
jgassa Profile

1. Your name / what you prefer to be called? Julie
2. Where you're from? San Diego
3. Birthday? July 12th
4. # of years scrapbooking? I just started
5. DH? Boyfriend? Girlfriend? How long? Married, little over a year.
6. Kids? Names & Ages? 5 Jared(15), Justin(14), Cody(12), Andan(4), Elijah(4 months)
7. Pets? What kind? Names & Ages? Fish (aren't the kids enough?)
8. What do you do for a living? Home child care provider.
9. Favorite scrapbooking technique? I'm not sure yet.
10. What would you like to work on most? Scrapping my children
11. What is your favorite scrap subject? my kids
12. Tell us one fun fact about yourself. I love to camp and photography.

-----
_Courtney_ Profile

1. Your name / what you prefer to be called? Courtney
2. Where you're from? Maine
3. Birthday? October 28
4. # of years scrapbooking 2 years
5. DH? Boyfriend? Girlfriend? How long? married my high school sweetheart! married 8 years, together for 12 years
6. Kids? Names & Ages? Nicholas, 7
7. Pets? What kind? Names & Ages? 2 cats (live with my mom for now), Sonny (13 years old) and Alex (9 years old).
8. What do you do for a living? review/write about computer games
9. Favorite scrapbooking technique? inking
10. What would you like to work on most? more pages about me!
11. What is your favorite scrap subject? my son
12. Tell us one fun fact about yourself. I have an allergy to the sun.

-----
angie girl Profile

1. Your name / what you prefer to be called? Angie
2. Where you're from: N.California
3. Birthday: June 7th, 1980
4. # of years scrapbooking? A little over two years ago
5. DH? Boyfriend? Girlfriend? How long? I have the most wonderful man ever...my boyfriend and I have been together for a little over two years
6. Kids? Names & Ages? My DBF has an 8 year old boy named Christopher. He's really fun. We get along really well.
7. Pets? What kind? Names & Ages? I have a rambunctious puppy named Maggie...she's my avatar. She's um, 5 months old...her birthday is December 23rd
8. What do you do for a living? I'm a NICU nurse in the largest NICU in Northern California.
9. Favorite scrapbooking technique? Fav sb technique...um...that's hard. I love everything new I've discovered as time goes along. I fell in love with inking (though I never thought that look was "me")...I really surprised myself with that one. I love my Cricut, too, but that goes without saying.
10. What would you like to work on most? What I'd like to work on most is getting "caught up" in my scrapbooking.
11. What is your favorite scrap subject? My favorite scrap subject is "my boys".
12. Tell us one fun fact about yourself. One fun fact...the first time I went to the ocean (the first time I came out to CA), I was so excited to see it, that I ran down to the edge, touched it, turned around so my bf could take a picture (for the scrapbook of course) and got blasted up to my waist by a wave...and it was March, so it was cold! Too bad my bf didn't snap the camera in time, so there's actually no good pic to show of it, either.

-----

SB1280 Profile

1. Your name / what you prefer to be called?
Sarah (and if you need the nickname I'll answer to Sarah Munster or just Munster, lol)
2. Where you're from? Ohio
3. Birthday? December 17
4. # of years scrapbooking 2
5. DH? Boyfriend? Girlfriend? How long? Fiance - we've been together 4 1/2 years and will be married October 17, 2009
6. Kids? Names & Ages? Trenton (7)
7. Pets? What kind? Names & Ages? 2 kittys - Sprinkles and Fluffy
8. What do you do for a living? Work from Home
9. Favorite scrapbooking technique? I don't know if I have one fav technique. I love inking and the distressed look
10. What would you like to work on most? I'd love to start a BOM
11. What is your favorite scrap subject? My DS, DS soccer, DS cub scouts, NASCAR races we've been to, family in general, holidays, etc
12. Tell us one fun fact about yourself I love reality TV!

-----

cynhotaz Profile

1. Your name / what you prefer to be called? Cyndi
3. Birthday? 10/27
4. # of years scrapbooking 2 months lol ( new)
5. DH? Boyfriend? Girlfriend? How long? Boyfriend 2 years ( ERIC)
6. Kids? Names & Ages? Ashley 22
7. Pets? What kind? Names & Ages? Harley Min Pinch 4 years. Curly sue Jack Russell 8 yrs
8. What do you do for a living? Grocery Scan Coordinator 20 yrs
9. Favorite scrap booking technique? Wow so new at this ALL. Scrap room first, learning paper techniques..
10. What would you like to work on most? A wonderful book with my two beautiful grandsons 2-5 yrs.. landon and preston
11. What is your favorite scrap subject? Eric and I traveling .. we ride the Harley and have tons of pictures from some great times..
12. Tell us one fun fact about yourself. Love to laugh, Love rock n roll.. still stuck in the 80s

-----

CookieBlaze Profile

1. Your name / what you prefer to be called? Kristy
2. Where you're from? Memphis, TN
3. Birthday? May 6
4. # of years scrapbooking 1 year
5. DH? Boyfriend? Girlfriend? How long? Married for 9 1/2 years.
6. Kids? Names & Ages? Matthew, 6 and Molly,2.
7. Pets? What kind? Names & Ages? Lola (Boston Terrier)age 11 1/2 months, Zoe (Pug)6 1/2 months, and Cali (English Bulldog) 2 1/2 months.
8. What do you do for a living? Since having kids I am now a stay at home mom (even though I'm not home very much).
9. Favorite scrapbooking technique? I just started inking and chalking and love it!
10. What would you like to work on most? My wedding album.
11. What is your favorite scrap subject? My Family.
12. Tell us one fun fact about yourself. I love to cook anything!! I am always cooking something.

-----

BlingQueenRia Profile

1. Your name / what you prefer to be called? Maria...go by Ria online
2. Where you're from? Kansas City MO area
3. Birthday? September 27, every year
4. # of years scrapbooking: 11
5. DH? Boyfriend? Girlfriend? How long? Married for 6 years to Jeremy; we've been together for 11 years.
6. Kids? Names & Ages? 2: My DS Jordan is 10 and my DD Elizabeth is 5
7. Pets? What kind? Names & Ages? Calico kitty named Missy Girl ("Missy Kitty Whiskers" or "Our Whisker"), and we think she's 6 years old. Not sure how old she was when we got her.
8. What do you do for a living? Work for McD's.
9. Favorite scrapbooking technique? Bling...oh, wait, that's not a technique, is it? I like most everything.
10. What would you like to work on most? Getting my scrap area reorganized so I can better find my stash.
11. What is your favorite scrap subject? My kids
12. Tell us one fun fact about yourself. I love bling on everything, even non-scrappy stuff. And I'm a HUGE fan of "Grey's Anatomy."

-----

Jelly97 Profile

1. Your name / what you prefer to be called? Shirley
3. Birthday? Aug 24
4. # of years scrapbooking: 2
5. DH? Boyfriend? Girlfriend? How long? Married for 12 yrs to DH
6. Kids? Names & Ages? DD (Audrey) is 7 and DS (Brian) is 3
7. Pets? What kind? Names & Ages? A few molly left from a huge group of fishes...
8. What do you do for a living? I work part time as a semiconductor engineer
9. Favorite scrapbooking technique? still trying out new stuff... stamping, blinging (if there is such a thing)
10. What would you like to work on most? A heritage album on my parents
11. What is your favorite scrap subject? Family
12. Tell us one fun fact about yourself. I food. Any kind. Really. Oh.. and tea .....

Creative Chaos
Guru
Creative Chaos
In response to Creative Chaos

As requested ~ Brand new spiffy post!

Okie ladies, I'm off to work now, be back around 8pm .

Get the going and Have a great Monday!

ScrappinChic25
Mayor
ScrappinChic25

Morning ladies, I've got my and am working on waking up to start accomplishing work. Unlike Dawn, I've completely lost my mojo I just go and sit in my room and pet all the pretty papers and supplies.

Noelle311
Diva
Noelle311
In response to ScrappinChic25

Good Morning everyone! I would like to become a part of this group! Here is my info!

1. Your name / what you prefer to be called? Noelle
2. Where you're from? Georgia
3. Birthday? March 11, 1981
4. # of years scrapbooking? 1
5. DH? Boyfriend? Girlfriend? How long? Single
6. Kids? Names & Ages? No kids yet
7. Pets? What kind? Names & Ages? My dog passed away in January. She was 13 1/2. Her name was Jammer.
8. What do you do for a living? I am an Office Associate at Fedex Freight
9. Favorite scrapbooking technique? I'm new to scrapbooking so I am still learning. Would really love to try inking/distressing
10. What would you like to work on most? Altering photos, embossing
11. What is your favorite scrap subject? My dog
12. Tell us one fun fact about yourself. I was born in south Florida and hope to live there soon!

ScrappinChic25
Mayor
ScrappinChic25
In response to Noelle311

Welcome Noelle!

Scrapgurl78
Diva
Scrapgurl78

Good Morning Babes! I am excited that we are off to a fresh start here...

Noelle, thanks for joining us! Jump right on in!

Trisha

DawnInAZ
Queen
DawnInAZ
In response to Scrapgurl78

YAY!!!!
SHINY NEW THREAD!!!

Welcome Noelle!!! Nice to have you here!!
I will be back at lunch to pop in and say hi!!
(A couple hours.)

sbartist
Governor
sbartist
In response to DawnInAZ

I will join again too, sorry for my absence. My DS's wrestling took up a lot of time and then I came down with a horrid cough that lasted forever.

1. My name: bonnie
2. Where you're from: Lakewood, WA
3. Birthday: August 7th
4. # of years scrapbooking: Since JHS
5. DH /How long: DH Craig, 4 yrs on 7/7
6. Kid / Name /Age: DS Willie 15
7. Pets: N/A
8. What do you do for a living: Legal Asst
9. Favorite sbking technique: making my own embellishments
10. Like to work on most: more time
11. Favorite scrap subject: DS and vacations
12. Fun fact about yourself: I like to sing in my car

ScrappinChic25
Mayor
ScrappinChic25
In response to sbartist

Yay, welcome back Bonnie!

ScrappinChic25
Mayor
ScrappinChic25

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that I uploaded some new cards and pics in my gallery the other day. Feel free to check them out if you would like.

melissa_1959
Pro
melissa_1959

Hi ladies!
I'm just checking in before I get busy here at home. It's my "Sunday," and my last day to get my bedroom cleaned up so my dad doesn't break his neck. I'm going on vacation for a week starting early Saturday morning. He's going to spend a couple of days at my house so he can take my non-driving, college-age son to school. (get that boy a driver's license!)

Also ... (see my next post)

Scrapgurl78
Diva
Scrapgurl78
In response to melissa_1959

Morning ladies! Hey Bonnie long time no see...glad you decided to come back! =)

melissa_1959
Pro
melissa_1959

I found an exciting online class through Big Picture Scrapbooking. It's kind of costly: $52 plus supplies. But it breaks down to $1 per technique learned, which I think is affordable. (Just what a newbie scrapper like me needs!)

The techniques include working with micro beads; Mod Podge; acrylic paint texture builder; adirondack inks; Glaze embossing pens; bleach pen and other items I've never used in my scrapbooking.

Here is all the info:
http://www.bigpicturescrapbooking.com/52card.php

CraftyCandace
Diva
CraftyCandace

Hi! I'm new around here and if it's okay, I'd like to join so I can make some new friends.

1. Your name / what you prefer to be called? Candace
2. Where you're from? Picayune, Mississippi
3. Birthday? April 7
4. # of years scrapbooking? I did it a few years ago and gave it up. I just got back into it with a newfound interest. I love it! So...a few months.
5. DH? Boyfriend? Girlfriend? How long? Boyfriend Andrew, 1 year on May 19.
6. Kids? Names & Ages? Someday but not yet. I'm still in college.
7. Pets? What kind? Names & Ages? My family has a cat. Poor thing doesn't have a name. I just call her Kitty. We also have a cockatiel named Tipper.
8. What do you do for a living? I'm a senior at the University of Southern Mississippi. I also work part-time for the U.S. Navy in their public affairs office.
9. Favorite scrapbooking technique? I'm still new and learning all of these techniques. I like using eyelets.
10. What would you like to work on most? a book about my family's heritage
11. What is your favorite scrap subject? My boyfriend
12. Tell us one fun fact about yourself. I've never ate a peanut butter and jelly sandwich! And I have webbed toes.

I'm happy to be here and getting to know you ladies!

Scrapgurl78
Diva
Scrapgurl78
In response to CraftyCandace

Welcome Candace!

Poor Kitty! LOL!
Congrats in order for even determined to stay in school...the numbers seem to be decreasing! I know you can see the light! How awesome!

CraftyCandace
Diva
CraftyCandace

Thanks Trisha! Yes, I'll finally graduate in December. I have to take 2 classes this summer and 2 in the fall and I'm done! It will have taken me 4 1/2 years when it's all over. It's hard going to school and working too but I'm hanging in there! Scrapping keeps me sane

ScrappinChic25
Mayor
ScrappinChic25

Yay congrats to being so close Candace!! And welcome to the group

DawnInAZ
Queen
DawnInAZ

::::::: DRIVE THROUGH POST :::::::::::::::

Hey girls!!!!
WELCOME TO THE NEWBIES AND RETURNIES!!!!!

::::::: GOTTA GO!!!! :::::::::::::

CraftyCandace
Diva
CraftyCandace
In response to DawnInAZ

Thanks everyone for making me feel welcome! I have a question. Chelle said the challenge would be posted monthly in her blog but when I went to her place, I didn't see a blog. Any idea?

ScrappinChic25
Mayor
ScrappinChic25

I haven't posted a challenge yet. We are waiting until the group is full and such. I'm thinking maybe June 1 I'll post the first challenge if that works for everyone else.

love4scrappin85
Guru
love4scrappin85
In response to DawnInAZ

oooh I wanna join!!!
heres my questionaire!!

1. Your name / what you prefer to be called? Names Kristen & you can call me that lol

2. Where you're from? Cranberry township, PA

3. Birthday? August 27, 1985

4. # of years scrapbooking: oh lord.. probably like 4? I started way back in highschool and made a really yucky book.. I still have some pages, i think i redid some of them... but i didn't start big into it until my friend Carrie got me started.. I think thats how i did.. yeah...

5. DH? Boyfriend? Girlfriend? How long? I have a boyfriend, we're living together, but we're onrocky terms right now.. I dont know whats gonna happen...

6. Kids? Names & Ages? none

7. Pets? What kind? Names & Ages? I have three.
Two dogs and a cat.. German shepherd dog named King he's almost 10 mons (the 25th of july he'll be a year), a beagle/coonhound mix who is about 4, she's a butthead, and is laying on me as i type this making it very hard.. lol, and lastly I have a 7month old kitty, who is a terror, but without all of them... IDK where i'd be!

8. What do you do for a living? i'm a stay at home house wife, basicly if i worked my house would be a disaster..although, I am looking for employment...

9. Favorite scrapbooking technique? using my cricut, is that a technique? I dont really know, inkin & stitchin, I just got real big into new techniques..so any ideas would be awesome! Lol

10. What would you like to work on most? just about everything... lol

11. What is your favorite scrap subject? You mean books to do? DISNEY!!!! or baby books..

12. Tell us one fun fact about yourself...
I love old reruns of Full house!!!

ScrappinChic25
Mayor
ScrappinChic25
In response to love4scrappin85

Welcome Kristen!

CraftyCandace
Diva
CraftyCandace

Hi Kristen! Welcome!

sbartist
Governor
sbartist

Welcome everyone.

Sarah-Scraps
Mayor
Sarah-Scraps
In response to sbartist

Oh I can smell the fresh paint in our new thread! Welcome to the newcomers and big hugs to see Bonnie back - yay!! Oh we are going to have us some fun - can't wait to see the first challenge. Well I'm off to take Amber to before-school-care (it's nearly 7am) and then I start at 8am. Have a great day everyone!!

sbartist
Governor
sbartist
In response to sbartist

Here are some recent LO's from our vacation in AZ:

Cowboy

Wild Horse Pass

Rawhide

Scrapgurl78
Diva
Scrapgurl78
In response to sbartist

Welcome Kristen!

Sarah, maybe this is exactly what our board needed! Some fresh new faces and a new place! =)

Oooh Bonnie off to look at your gallery! Thanks for sharing!

ScrappinChic25
Mayor
ScrappinChic25

New blog uploaded too if anyone is interested: http://scrappinforone.blogspot.com/

rtay
rtay 
Mayor
rtay
  • rtay on 05-12-08 01:44 PM

I would like to join if there is still room, I could certainly use the challenges: here's my info

1. Your name / what you prefer to be called? Rhonda
3. Birthday? May 17, 1960, older than the majority of you all
4. # of years scrapbooking..off and on for 20 years, alot of off
5. DH? Boyfriend? Girlfriend? How long? divorced ast time in 2002, and NOT dating
6. Kids? Names & Ages? 4 kids and 1 grand baby,Sam will be 30 in July, Jason was 28 in April, the twins Alyssa and Andrew will be 20 in November, and my grandaughter will be 6 months on the 20th of may
7. Pets? What kind? Names & Ages?Chango 1 and 1/2 yo pit, also have a traveling cat, Gandolf he belongs to the entire family and lives with all of us, so we take turns with him, he is 6 and is currently at my youngest sons
8. What do you do for a living?disabled now, but was formerly a truck driver and a heavy equipment operator
9. Favorite scrapbooking technique? I'm learning inking now, so I guess that would be it
10. What would you like to work on most? Childhood albums for all the kids ( Sam has his already, so 1 down and 3 to go) and my BOM
11. What is your favorite scrap subject? my DGD
12. Tell us one fun fact about yourself. Well, most people think it is pretty facinating that I drove semi trucks and heavy equipment. Other wise, I'd say I'm a huge Cher and Elvis fan, I've Seen Cher and been to Graceland!

ScrappinChic25
Mayor
ScrappinChic25
In response to rtay

Welcome Rhonda! Glad to have you!

Jennifer Priest
Governor
Jennifer Priest

Hey girls!! Wow--lots of messages already!! Welcome new members!

FYI just found out my internet will be down from the 14th to the 21st. I will try to keep up on my blackberry if I can figure it out! LOL

Jennifer Priest
Governor
Jennifer Priest

Hey Chelle, I need to update my "profile":

1. Your name / what you prefer to be called?Jennifer or Jen
2. Where you're from?Hesperia, CA
3. Birthday? Nov 20
4. # of years scrapbooking 10
5. DH? Boyfriend? Girlfriend? How long? DH Xaver, 12 years total.
6. Kids? Names & Ages? Katie and Matt, age 9 and 1
7. Pets? What kind? Names & Ages? We plan on getting a dog soon cuz we finally own our own house! Katie has a horse at my parent's house.
8. What do you do for a living? Scrap!
9. Favorite scrapbooking technique? Has to be using ribbon.
10. What would you like to work on most? Catching all my my albums up to date.
11. What is your favorite scrap subject? Pretty much everything
12. Tell us one fun fact about yourself. I work for a charity crop group called Scrapbook Royalty!

Jennifer Priest
Governor
Jennifer Priest
In response to Jennifer Priest

Welcome Rhonda!!!

That is cool you are an Elvis fan. An LSS owner near me loves Elvis. Her store is called Scrapping Lounge and she has all this fifites type decor in there. Her NSD crop had a fifities theme and they all wore poodle skirts and cardigans. Very fun!

rtay
rtay 
Mayor
rtay
  • rtay on 05-12-08 02:29 PM
In response to Jennifer Priest

OMG!!! That would be so cool...some day I want to scrap all my personal stuff..if I ever finish the kid stuff...not likely to ever happen...., but I have a ton of stuff from Graceland!!!

sbartist
Governor
sbartist
In response to rtay

Rhonda I was born in 63, so at least we are in the same era!

lilmermaid627
Resident
lilmermaid627
In response to rtay

is there still space??? if so here is my info:

1. Your name / what you prefer to be called? Arielle
2. Where you're from? Ohio
3. Birthday? July 8th, 1985
4. # of years scrapbooking: um like a month and a half
5. DH? Boyfriend? Girlfriend? How long? none as of the moment
6. Kids? Names & Ages? 1 boy Levi, 2 months old in
7. Pets? What kind? Names & Ages? 1 dog named nikki 3 years old
8. What do you do for a living? full time student and bath and body works associate
9. Favorite scrapbooking technique? stitching and i want to learn how to ink
10. What would you like to work on most? my old high school pics
11. What is your favorite scrap subject? levi
12. Tell us one fun fact about yourself. I plan on joining the peace corps at some point and my main goal in life is to own a jewlery shop in a beach town

Noelle311
Diva
Noelle311
In response to lilmermaid627

Hey everyone! Thanks for the welcome!!!

This seems like it is going to be a wonderful group! Can't wait to get to know everyone and learn new ideas!

rtay
rtay 
Mayor
rtay
  • rtay on 05-12-08 03:21 PM
In response to sbartist

Bonnie, Where do you Live? It looks like you travel, Alot!!! I'm not far from Wild horse pass and Rawhide, tho, being a native here, we just don't go. Your LO's are Beautiful!!! Glad to know I'm not the only one in the group in my age catagory

sbartist
Governor
sbartist
In response to rtay

• rtay Said:
Bonnie, Where do you Live? It looks like you travel, Alot!!! I'm not far from Wild horse pass and Rawhide, tho, being a native here, we just don't go. Your LO's are Beautiful!!! Glad to know I'm not the only one in the group in my age catagory

Oops, guess I should change my profile.

I live in Washington state and my DH and I flew to Phoenix in April and spent a week there on vacation. We had the most perfect weather - just right for us, especially since when we left it had snowed!

I only have time to SB vacations, that's why it seems like all I do is travel, LOL. I just finished up our trip to NY and VA from last August. Had to finish that book, before I could start on our AZ trip. I still have lots of photos to scrap, but so little time. Sigh ~

rtay
rtay 
Mayor
rtay
  • rtay on 05-12-08 04:11 PM
In response to sbartist

I lived in washington for 5 years...I loved it there...wish I had never left. I was in Lake Stevens, Everett area. I just bought the Urban Rhapsody Kit to scrap my Seattle (Pike Place Market and Broadway) Photos

Edited by rtay on 05-12-08 04:34 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Creative Chaos
Guru
Creative Chaos
In response to sbartist

Holy posts batman! lol

Ok just got back from work, had to stay a few minutes later due to some problems. BOO!

Noelle ~ Welcome! You're just one state down from me (NC)

Bonnie ~ Welcome back Lady! Regarding your profile, Just redo the questions and post them on the thread and I'll read it to the front

Mariah ~ Great cards, Chica

Melissa ~ Where are you going in vacation? That class looks kinda cool too. I don't think I'll have much time for it at the moment tho lol.

Candace ~ Welcome to the group. Regarding the blog, you won't see nothing there yet as I aint put a post up haha. I was going to let the thread settle for a week or so with all the new members and let us do a bit of chatting first, then stick a challenge up. I'll post here and link it when it's up.

Kristen ~ Welcome! Lemme know if I have to come smack your "rocky" BF upside the head for being mean!

Rhonda ~ Welcome to our wonderful group! Where in AZ are you? I went to Scotsdale a few years back. Beautiful place and warm in the winter!

Jennifer ~ BOO for down internet! And I'll update the front page with your new info.

Arielle ~ Welcome to the SBB and what a pretty name you have

So due to my unfair quota of snot from this God awful cold John got to eat Wendys tonight, much to his delight lol. So I get a night off cooking. I do however need to make some wedding invites and post them off to England. Bleh, I just want to suckle on some NiQuil and go to bed lol

I'll bump the "We are open for members" threads up on the other forums tomorrow, unless one of the newbies wants to do it and post how fabulous we are and how everyone should be q-ing up to join

Ok gonna update the front page!

rtay
rtay 
Mayor
rtay
  • rtay on 05-12-08 05:16 PM

Chelle~ I'm an hour's drive east of Scottsdale....I read your blog, congrats on your up comming wedding and the house, how exciting, sorry your not feeling well.

melissa_1959
Pro
melissa_1959

Wow ... I think I counted four Sassy new members! Very cool!! We've still got room for a few more.

Chelle, I'm going to Yosemite. I'll be staying in a place where there is no Internet access. So, I'll AWOL from May 17 through May 22.

As for the class, yeah, it sounds like it can take up to 1.5 hours 5 days a week (probably more for a slow newbie like me. Most likely, I'll work on my projects a little at a time one or two nights a week and then I'll try to finish it up on the weekend. I've never been to a scrapbooking class or done any type of a make'n'take. So I thought this would be a good way for me to get familiar with several scrapbooking techniques.

Noelle311
Diva
Noelle311

I really should invest in taking some classes. Most of the things I have done are from seeing other peoples layouts. So I don't really have a clue about most things!

Chelle- where in NC are you at? I am North East of Atlanta.

sbartist
Governor
sbartist
In response to rtay

• rtay Said:
I lived in washington for 5 years...I loved it there...wish I had never left. I was in Lake Stevens, Everett area. I just bought the Urban Rhapsody Kit to scrap my Seattle (Pike Place Market and Broadway) Photos

How fun for you. I live just south of Tacoma (Lakewood). I am a native Washingtonian (not many of us).

What took you to AZ?

Be sure to post your LO's and let us know so we can go peek and ohhh and awwwww over them.

love4scrappin85
Guru
love4scrappin85
In response to Noelle311

Hi ladies.
I'm okay! thanks for being so caring lol.
speaking of layouts, i really need to upload some new ones.. I made a book for a**holes mother yesterday for mothers day, she really liked it.But I wish I woulda taken some pics of the l/os cuz they were really cute...

sbartist
Governor
sbartist
In response to love4scrappin85

• PittScrapper85 Said:
Hi ladies.
I'm okay! thanks for being so caring lol.
speaking of layouts, i really need to upload some new ones.. I made a book for a**holes mother yesterday for mothers day, she really liked it.But I wish I woulda taken some pics of the l/os cuz they were really cute...

I have an ex arsehole too.

Noelle311
Diva
Noelle311
In response to sbartist

I have a couple of those too.. But you have to kiss a few frogs till you finally meet your prince. I keep telling myself that and still no prince!!

rtay
rtay 
Mayor
rtay
  • rtay on 05-12-08 06:41 PM
In response to sbartist

• runs with scissors Said:
  • rtay Said:

How fun for you. I live just south of Tacoma (Lakewood). I am a native Washingtonian (not many of us).

What took you to AZ?
Be sure to post your LO's and let us know so we can go peek and ohhh and awwwww over them.

I am originally from Arizona, and once again living in my home town.......I may be going to California later in the summer to stay with a girlfriend.....I have some health issues and really shouldn't be living alone anymore...I just hate renting out my house...and can't come to terms with the thought of selling it.

Creative Chaos
Guru
Creative Chaos
In response to rtay

Rhonda ~ Thanks! We are actually already married (19th Aug 07) But we didn't get to have the white dress/cake/open bar thing, so we delayed that part for a year and are having it this Aug. Stressful thing, arranging weddings!

Bonnie ~ Oh! I love National Parks! Trust me to get the techy geek husband who *hates* camping lol. Have a fab time, and lots of pics!

Noelle ~ About 15 mins North of Charlotte, so not to far.

Re: Ex ar$eholes, Yup, I got a few of them too!

Creative Chaos
Guru
Creative Chaos

Ok lovleys, I am going to crash for the night.

Will check in quick before I go to work.

ROLL ON AUGUST WHEN I GET A SCRAPBOOK ROOM AND FREE TIME!!!! mwahahaha!

Ni Ni xx

DaniKat
Diva
DaniKat

Can I join in?

1. Your name / what you prefer to be called? Danica~friends from way back call me Dani...and you all can too if you want!
2. Where you're from? I live in Las Vegas, previously in VA but I'm a Jersey girl at heart (lived there til I was almost 20)
3. Birthday? June 29
4. # of years scrapbooking Started about 8 years ago, but haven't gotten serious or any good at it until this past year
5. DH? Boyfriend? Girlfriend? How long? Dh and I will be celebrating our 10 yr anniversary in November
6. Kids? Names & Ages? Daniel (almost 6) and Jamie (James) who's 4
7. Pets? What kind? Names & Ages? No pets
8. What do you do for a living? We own a monogramming business/gift store.
9. Favorite scrapbooking technique? Right now it's sewing
10. What would you like to work on most? Learing new techniques
11. What is your favorite scrap subject? My boys
12. Tell us one fun fact about yourself. I'm addicted to reality TV, especially the ones on Bravo

It will be nice getting to know everyone! I see some familiar faces already

Creative Chaos
Guru
Creative Chaos
In response to DaniKat

Ok, maybe I am still here for a minute lol!

Danica ~ Of course you can! Hello and welcome to the group. Where in VA were you? My other half and I moved from Manassass (Sp?) Las Vegas. I went there a couple years ago. Awesome place!

ok ok, taking my snotball self to bed now! ni ni x

marine-wife
Guru
marine-wife

I would like to join

1. Your name / what you prefer to be called? Amanda
2. Where you're from? Originally from NY, now living in Hawaii
3. Birthday? 6/29/78
4. # of years scrapbooking Next month will be 1 year
5. DH? Boyfriend? Girlfriend? How long? DH married just over 1 year
6. Kids? Names & Ages? Kailyn almost 2, Abigail due in September
7. Pets? What kind? Names & Ages? Lucy, a dog, 9 months old, and a 9 week old kitten we just got who is nameless at the moment
8. What do you do for a living? Domestic Goddess LOL
9. Favorite scrapbooking technique? inking and chalking
10. What would you like to work on most? As in books? Geeze I have so many going right now
11. What is your favorite scrap subject? my daughter
12. Tell us one fun fact about yourself. Ummmm I cant think of anything LOL

sbartist
Governor
sbartist
In response to marine-wife

A LO I did tonight - my personal challenge is to do one LO per day for 2008.

Dreams can come true

sbartist
Governor
sbartist
In response to rtay

• rtay Said:
  • rtay]

What took you to AZ?
    quote Said:

I may be going to California later in the summer to stay with a girlfriend.....I have some health issues and really shouldn't be living alone anymore.

I'm sorry to hear that you have health issues, at least you can stay with a good friend in California.

Edited by runs with scissors on 05-12-08 08:15 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

DawnInAZ
Queen
DawnInAZ
In response to rtay

• rtay Said:
Chelle~ I'm an hour's drive east of Scottsdale....I read your blog, congrats on your up comming wedding and the house, how exciting, sorry your not feeling well.

I am in South Scottsdale, not far from ASU, Scottsdale Stadium, Tempe Marketplace and such.

DawnInAZ
Queen
DawnInAZ
In response to sbartist

Dreams can come true

I wish I had the time to do one LO a day. Sometimes I am fortunate to get one done all month. Especially lately.
welcome!

DawnInAZ
Queen
DawnInAZ
In response to DawnInAZ

WELCOME all newcomers!!!

I plan on SBing tomorrow night, so I may pop in and then do so.

DaniKat
Diva
DaniKat

• Chaotic Chelle Said:
Ok, maybe I am still here for a minute lol!

Danica ~ Of course you can! Hello and welcome to the group. Where in VA were you? My other half and I moved from Manassass (Sp?) Las Vegas. I went there a couple years ago. Awesome place!

ok ok, taking my snotball self to bed now! ni ni x

I lived in Richmond, which is where I met DH (who was born and raised there). Whole different world from NoVa. I used to love visiting Las Vegas too LOL. Hope you feel better!

DaniKat
Diva
DaniKat
In response to marine-wife

• marine-wife Said:
3. Birthday? 6/29/78

WooHoo, we have the same birthday, only I was born in '68!

rtay
rtay 
Mayor
rtay
  • rtay on 05-12-08 09:11 PM
In response to sbartist

Dreams can come true

That is so ambitious!!! I have that kind of time, just not that kind of energy...

rtay
rtay 
Mayor
rtay
  • rtay on 05-12-08 09:15 PM
In response to DaniKat

Hi Dani!!!

Edited by rtay on 05-12-08 09:15 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

DaniKat
Diva
DaniKat
In response to rtay

Hi Rhonda!

marine-wife
Guru
marine-wife
In response to DaniKat

• Quote:
WooHoo, we have the same birthday, only I was born in '68!

Yeah I saw that

DawnInAZ
Queen
DawnInAZ

YAY OUR GROUP!!!!!!
Gotta scoot to bed!!!
See yall tomorrow some time!!

Creative Chaos
Guru
Creative Chaos
In response to DawnInAZ

Morning Ladies!

sbartist
Governor
sbartist

Good morning ladies - oh goody I get to go for a mammogram this morning, doesn't that sound like a fun way to start your morning! And then I'm off to work.

TxAllieGrl
Idol
TxAllieGrl

Returnie here! Glad to see a lot of new faces, and some sweet familiar ones too!!

ETA: I see Chelle pulled the previous profile - we're golden!

I'm on vacation next week..so I'm popping in, and then will be out for a bit!

Edited by TxAllieGrl on 05-13-08 07:28 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Creative Chaos
Guru
Creative Chaos
In response to TxAllieGrl

Please all welcome ScrappyPrincess ~ She's gonna say hello and fill in the questionnaire when she gets home from work.

Allie Allie Bo Ballie!

Bonnie ~ I never had one of them but from what I hear they are not the most comfitable of things.

Ok I need to get ready and go to work. I'll be back around 8pm.

If anyone wants to join through out the day, as from this post we only have TWO spots left for new members.

Can someone keep an eye on that and if a 3rd asks advise we are full?

Thankies and have a wonderful day!

rtay
rtay 
Mayor
rtay
  • rtay on 05-13-08 05:49 AM
In response to sbartist

Good morning ladies - oh goody I get to go for a mammogram this morning, doesn't that sound like a fun way to start your morning! And then I'm off to work.

Ahh..I just had mine a couple months ago...my heart goes out to you!!!

rtay
rtay 
Mayor
rtay
  • rtay on 05-13-08 05:54 AM
In response to rtay

Good morning everyone!!! I have Doctor's appointments in the valley (Phoenix) today...my son will be here shortly to get me...I will be home this afternoon, hoping to get in some shopping too ( depends on how mch patience the kid has with me...LOL) See you all later!!!

Noelle311
Diva
Noelle311
In response to rtay

Good Morning Ladies!

Could anyone tell me what CG/COF means? Just curious!

I am off to work. Be back this evening. Hope everyone has a great day!!

Creative Chaos
Guru
Creative Chaos
In response to Noelle311

Dawn ~ Loving the new avatar!

Rhonda ~ Hope the Dr's goes well and have fun shopping

Noelle ~ CG/COF = Critique Group/Circle of Friends. I'll be adding the "COF" after our name once we're full and have room in the thread title lol.

Ok ok I'm really going to work now .. see you later tonight!

Scrapgurl78
Diva
Scrapgurl78

Arielle, Rhonda, Dani,Amanda... Welcome!

Arielle, congrats on yournew baby! Sheesh time flys SO quickly I remember when mine was 2months and barely did anything! Now I have to watch her every move! She will be one next month! YIKES!

Rhonda those are interesting facts...I love seeing women in those types of jobs! Makes such a statement! Men aren't the only ones that can do those types of jobs! Speaking of Cher, did you see her and Tina Turner on the Oprah show? They both looked GREAT!

Dani..I am 3 hours from you...here in San Bernardino, Jennifer on the board she is in Hesperia, maybe 2 hours from ya! I need a trip to Vegas really bad! Been trying to go for like the past 2 years??? ******** table has been calling my name..."Trisha....Trisha..."

Amanda! How exciting, congrats on the new baby coming! I honeymooned in Hawaii...love it, want to go back so bad!

Bonnie, I will be stopping by your gallery!

Hey Allie! Glad to see you back!!! You share the same bday with my baby girl!

Hey it looks like we have a a few June bdays here!

Scrapgurl78
Diva
Scrapgurl78

Forgot to say GOOD MORNING!!!!! =)

Scrapgurl78
Diva
Scrapgurl78

Once we are full...I would like to get everyones addresses and exchange so that we may send RAKS or bday cards, etc. I will take this responsibility once we are full!

Trisha

TxAllieGrl
Idol
TxAllieGrl

Trisha - that's a great idea!

Arielle - congrats on your precious baby girl!

Bonnie - good luck with the boob smash. :smile : and wow - a LO a day? you go girl!

Rhonda - good luck with the shopping excursion & Dr. appt!

Amanda - how do you like living in Hawaii?? I want to go there, someday.

Dawn!!! hey!!!!

Mariah!! are you surviving without Reco these days? There's a big DFW scrap group on yahoo if you're interested. Mostly they meet in the HEB area, several classes and crops that are way fun. Let me know and I'll get you invited.

Hey Dani!!

My mojo has been missing until the last week or so. I'm working on a mini-book about my nephews for my sister, and it is coming out sooooo nice! I can't help but be excited.

QOTD: Have y'all ever created a gift for someone else, and then wanted to keep it??

My sister will be lucky if I let her take this book home with her.

love4scrappin85
Guru
love4scrappin85
In response to DaniKat

hey guys

i'm here alive, breathing, but not emotionally..things are ok.. I have this lady redoing my resume & then sending them out to dentists (i have a degree in dental assisting) so hopefully i'll be obtaining a job here.. haha & then boyfriend is just gonna have to deal, or he will be GONE LIKE A FREIGHT TRAIN!!

jgassa
jgassa 
Guru
jgassa

I would like to join!

1. Your name / what you prefer to be called? Julie
2. Where you're from? San Diego
3. Birthday? July 12th
4. # of years scrapbooking? I just started
5. DH? Boyfriend? Girlfriend? How long? Married, little over a year.
6. Kids? Names & Ages? 5 Jared(15), Justin(14), Cody(12), Andan(4), Elijah(4 months)
7. Pets? What kind? Names & Ages? Fish (aren't the kids enough?)
8. What do you do for a living? Home child care provider.
9. Favorite scrapbooking technique?I'm not sure yet.
10. What would you like to work on most? Scrapping my children
11. What is your favorite scrap subject? my kids
12. Tell us one fun fact about yourself. I love to camp and photography.

Can I join. I would love to be critiqued and to learn from experienced ladies.

CraftyCandace
Diva
CraftyCandace
In response to jgassa

Trisha, that's a great idea! But, what's a RAK? I can't believe how much posting I've missed out on just between last night and this morning!

I was at the hospital this morning. My grandma is in there. I'm sorry I haven't been very chatty.

I just wanted to say welcome to all the other newbies like me and I look forward to getting to know everyone!! Have a great day, ladies!

CraftyCandace
Diva
CraftyCandace

Amanda, that is awesome your husband is stationed in Hawaii. I know you probably don't think it's awesome to move around so much though. I work for the Navy and we have a couple bases in Pearl Harbor. I bet it's beautiful over there!

DaniKat
Diva
DaniKat

Good morning all!

Bonnie and Rhonda~hope your drs visits go well this morning. And Rhonda, have fun shopping

Trisha~you're not far away at all(relatively speaking)! What's your favorite game? I usually stick to slots, which I only ever play when we have company visiting.

Kristen~good luck in the job hunt. Hopefully it will be over soon.

Candace~I'm sorry to hear your grandma is in the hospital. I hope she gets better quickly.
RAK stands for random act of kindness. For anyone needing help with acronyms, go here Acronym list . It was extremely helpful to me when I first started posting, and still comes in handy.

Have a great day everyone!

TxAllieGrl
Idol
TxAllieGrl
In response to DaniKat

Candace - sending some good thoughts for your grandma!!

What do you do for the Navy, if I can ask?

Hi Julie! Yes, we have room for you. welcome to the group! 5 kiddos? wow - what a wonderful family!

That leaves one spot, per Madame Chelle. It's fun to see this group fill up so fast.

PS - I should warn y'all that I'm a chronic over-user of the exclaimation point (!!). I'm just saying... lol

_courtney_
Diva
_courtney_

I'd love to have the last spot!

sbartist
Governor
sbartist

I lived in HI when I was 8, I visited again for the first time since then last year, my it has changed.

Kailua was beautiful BTW, and there is a LO in my gallery from there.

We have been discussing going back in August. My dad has offered up his studio condo so we would have a place to stay - yippee. Now just to book the trip. My son wants to go back to Makapuu Point and play in the surf.

sbartist
Governor
sbartist
In response to _courtney_

• _courtney_ Said:
I'd love to have the last spot!

Courtney - fill out the questionnaire and jump right in.

sbartist
Governor
sbartist
In response to sbartist

My mammo was quick but not w/o pinching pain. Glad that's over.

Now I get to hang out at work until 5:00.

Rhonda - hope your appointments went well and have fun shopping too.

Edited by runs with scissors on 05-13-08 09:45 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

sbartist
Governor
sbartist
In response to jgassa

Kristen - you are fortunate to have a career that is always needed. Good luck with your job search.

ScrappinChic25
Mayor
ScrappinChic25

Wow, great to see all the activity on the thread!

Allie I !! as well. I'm surviving without Reco, I found a great store in between my office and house that has been great that I frequent. I even went to my first crop there! I might have to go check out that DFW yahoo group!

Rhonda - I am originally from the Phoenix area as well. I still have quite a bit of family down there that I visit every once in awhile.

Amanda - Great to have another military spouse here!! How's Hawaii treating ya?

Welcome Dani and Julie! and anyone else I happened to miss. I'm going to have to check in more often so I don't miss as much

ScrappinChic25
Mayor
ScrappinChic25

Ooh, and I found out good news yesterday! I'm gonna be able to get back into the land of technology on the 27th. I finally found someone at AT&T who knew what they were doing and got signed up for High Speed Internet, so I'll be able to ditch the dial-up and go back to having wireless so I can wander around the house again

_courtney_
Diva
_courtney_

Here's my questionnaire:

1. Your name / what you prefer to be called? Courtney
2. Where you're from? Maine
3. Birthday? October 28
4. # of years scrapbooking 2 years
5. DH? Boyfriend? Girlfriend? How long? married my high school sweetheart! married 8 years, together for 12 years
6. Kids? Names & Ages? Nicholas, 7
7. Pets? What kind? Names & Ages? 2 cats (live with my mom for now), Sonny (13 years old) and Alex (9 years old).
8. What do you do for a living? review/write about computer games
9. Favorite scrapbooking technique? inking
10. What would you like to work on most? more pages about me!
11. What is your favorite scrap subject? my son
12. Tell us one fun fact about yourself. I have an allergy to the sun.

ScrappinChic25
Mayor
ScrappinChic25

Welcome Courtney

_courtney_
Diva
_courtney_
In response to DawnInAZ

Dawn - love the new avatar!!!

TxAllieGrl
Idol
TxAllieGrl

Hi Courtney! welcome to the group!!

with that..we're full - YAY!

Bonnie - glad it's over, sorry they were brutes!

Mariah - I have only been SB shopping twice since Reco closed - once down to Waxahachie, and the other when I was in Chicago. It's been good for my budget... what's your e-mail address? I'll send you an invite to the group.

Is this day crawling by, or what?

CraftyCandace
Diva
CraftyCandace

Welcome Courtney! Glad to have you here!

Bonnie - Glad your mammogram wasn't too awful. I can't say I know what that's like...yet. I hope the results come back good.

Thanks to everyone for the thoughts for my grandma. She'll be in the hospital at least one more day. She had fluid built up around her heart. Luckily, she lives next door so it's easy to take care of her.

Allie - I work in their public affairs office. I write news releases, photograph Navy ceremonies, write a newsletter that I send out to all our commands, etc. I'm a public relations student in school so this ties directly with my major. I've been there for two years now and I'll be there till I graduate in December.

Danica - Thanks for the acronym help. Beautiful name you have.

I'm out till this evening...going to the DR with my mom. Hopefully we can go by Hobby Lobby. See you ladies later!

Scrapgurl78
Diva
Scrapgurl78

Okay this is gettingout of control girls! Wow! we are pretty chatty! LOL!
But I like!

Candace in case anyone hasn't answered RAK means Random Act of Kindness...very cool. Usually means someoen will send you something in the mail out of kindness.. =) Ya never know what may be awaiting in your mailbox! Hope your grandma is doing well.

Dani, it kinda depends on how much money I have in my purse! LOL! I will do the slots, but much rather be at the ******** tables! =)

Allie...no worries I am too!!!! =) (exclamationa)
I am just always cheery so maybe thats why...I am never yelling. =)

Mariah, glad you got your highspeed up and running...dial up really sucks! LOL!

Welcome Courtney! we have something in common! I also married my highschool sweetheart....awwww. =)

yeah we are full!!!

Scrapgurl78
Diva
Scrapgurl78

Bonnie gald the appointment went well!

Scrapgurl78
Diva
Scrapgurl78

Okay ladies lets exchange some personal information so that way we can acknowledghe bdays, etc!

What I am asking is if you can please PM the following:
Name (Full)
Screen Name
Email Addy
Home Addy / Mailing address
Phone Number (optional)
Bday

Once I have everyone, I will compile a list and PM everyone!

Yeeeahhh!
Trisha

ozzie
ozzie 
Veteran
ozzie
  • ozzie on 05-13-08 10:52 AM
In response to jgassa

Hi ya everyone i would like to join as well. I am kim i live on the isle of wight in the uk, have been married for 7 years and i am 42. Have lived on the island for 7 years. Dont have children, but have 4 mad cats.
kim

Page 1 of 58 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics