Page 1 of 30 
Username Post: Virtual Crop Week #63 Lets Crop!        (Topic#1463879)
moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

What is this thread about?

Well, things get quiet here on the weekends, so a thread was started to just hang out and do a virtual crop. Since then it's grown into more. Several people are now "regular" including myself. We chat about anything and everything. (Warning: Sometimes we stray into areas that may be considered "adult," although we always try to be tasteful about it.) We share our latest layouts, pictures, whatever interests us. We have fun and encourage each other.

It's now all week long, too. Since it is a new thread each week, it's easier for anyone to join. Even though we start over each week, it's STILL pages and pages long. Don't be intimidated, we are happy to have anyone drop by and say hello. Some of us read all the replies and keep up, but it is not required. Warning: It can get addictive!

Circle Journal Information:
I suggest 8x8 format because it's easy to do and will fit into a standard mailer.

It's everyone's choice to do either a single or a two page spread and to add whatever you want. Vivian, personally, would like to see a current photo, likes and dislikes on whatever, and something unusual about each person. Like for Liz/Moxie to show her extensive Stickles collection.

To keep things simple, do the same layout for everyone. You could change papers and such depending on your stash but keeping to the same design will make things much easier/faster and no one gets a better page from you than the next person. If someone is short on funds/time to make copies, digitals are acceptable. Even digital copies can be doctored up (read that as blinged) to make a hybrid layout.

PM those you want page(s) from and you'll be getting PMs from others in the Circle. Just let it be known you're interesting in doing this in the thread. This isn't just for VCWer, so if you want to add other people, go ahead. It's your album.

Please leave updates about yourself here. This is for those who can't be online as much as they would like to be. At least this way, there's highlights from this thread.

Most of us also really love bling and encourage bling usage!

Come visit OUR GALLERY to meet some of the irregular regulars!

There are several of us who are dealing with weight/health issues, too, so we've started a HEALTHY CHALLENGE as a way to have support and accountability for whatever your goals may be.

So come on! Don't be bashful! And don't be afraid of the fact that this thread MOVES. Just jump in wherever we are, and we'll be glad to get you caught up on what's happening. We never know what we're going to talk about or how silly we will get.

WARNING: Reading of, or participation in, this thread could result in food or drink being sprayed across your computer.
Please practice proper food safety; eat and drink responsibly. We wouldn't want anyone to actually

Edited by moxiegirl23 on 05-16-08 02:16 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to moxiegirl23

I'm awake, barely. I'll go start the blog links and stuff once I have more coffee.

riorabbit
Queen
riorabbit

Morning Moxie... I am off to bed though.

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to riorabbit

Night Rio

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

ok links are updated, i updated the blog. I still need more coffee.

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

Coffee is my friend today!

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath
In response to scrappycath

So did anyone get their free iced coffee at DD yesterday?

I found out AFTER I was home for the night that they were doing that! I could have gone for one yesterday afternoon

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

I'm just about done with cup #2. I need to start a new pot soon.

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

I purposely didn't. I don't like DD's coffee - it tastes so sour to me.

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

morning Cathy!

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

Morning Liz!

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

We are getting socked with rain today. Bummer, 2 of the boys were supposed to have outdoor activities. They've been post poned.

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

I was trying to rotate the winter-summer clothes for the boys. My older 2 have out grown all of their shorts. And they have been handed down already and with boys they just don't last that long. So I need to go shopping for shorts!!

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

It's supposed to rain all weekend here. John's still going LARPing in CT. If he comes home sick, he can sleep on the couch, I don't want it.

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

Have you caught the banner ad for the "scrapbooking novel" ?

A page out of life

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

Gotta catch up on the old thread and get the kids ready for school. First one is out the door already.

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

• Lady Scrapsandalters Said:
Night Monica, Night Joy!!

I just discovered that my cat likes Doritos... LOL.. little Tybalt

One of my cats, Java, LOVES Doritos!!! She goes nuts when she hears you open the bag. If you leave an open bag unattended, she will climb right in to get her chips!

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

• riorabbit Said:

I just checked to see if my grades were posted online yet.... I passed everything.

I would have loved all A's, but that was not really how this semester was going... I got an A in the class that was most crucial for me. This was the class I could not repeat for anything and would have to pick a different minor and start over if I didn't pass...got an A in it. I already knew that though... lol.

I got a B in the class that is my senior seminar. This class is also highly crucial because I would have to return to NAU next Fall to take a different senior seminar in person if I didn't pass it. I would have prefered an A, but this is the one that we didn't get grades back and I was doing that mega research paper last minute. Ugg...the class I had to turn in the paper late for cause my friend had a medical emergency the night before it was due and I was supposed to be working on it then... I am pretty sure the B is basically due to turning that in late. It took some major points off of a huge part of my grade. Oh well... B is still good and I had other priorities.

Then the class that I was super worried about because the test was evil...darn evil. I passed. I got a C in it, but that was kind of expected. I mean the grade was an average of a midterm I knew I got a C on and a final that looked like it was in a foreign language. I was pretty worried a C wouldn't even happen. So...at least I passed it. Oh and this was the least crucial. I have a few options for classes that meet this requirement and likely could have found one online or down here to take and finish up. Just glad I don't have to.

So now I just need to take 2 general ed classes to graduate. I had my gen ed done, but switched majors. You can't have any gen ed from the same subject as your major. I had 2 psych classes as gen ed and now I am a psych major so those no longer count... I have to find 2 more gen ed classes now. That shouldn't be too hard though and I can take them for cheaper down here and transfer the cred it up.

Congrats on a job well done!!

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

time for my shower. i have so much to do today between meetings and errands.

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

• moxiegirl23 Said:
  • BlingPrincessRia Said:

Just be careful not to eat anything with poppy seeds in it..if they're going to drug test you, there's something in poppy seeds that makes these tests show positive for opium.

That would be the poppy seed itself. When it's dried and crushed, you get basic opium. After some processing, you get opiate drugs like codeine and morphine.

Interesting info: Some people that suffer from digestive disorders that cause proteins to not be prcken down completely before entering the bloodstream have high levels of opiates in their brain. It's one of the many things being investigated in autism research.

Kimberly Rae Cole
Diva
Kimberly Rae Cole

Good morning ladies... once again I'm running a little manic and haven't been to sleep yet and my chest has been hurting off and on tonight.

Kimberly Rae Cole
Diva
Kimberly Rae Cole
In response to Kimberly Rae Cole

Don't know what that's about, but it certainly has kept me awake.

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

Kim

Kimberly Rae Cole
Diva
Kimberly Rae Cole

Hi Liz.... how's it going this morning... I feel like I haven't talked to you in forever...

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

John and Abby both took showers last night. I threw my load of towels in the wash this morning. I didn't realize that they used the last two clean towels we had. I had to use damp towels this morning because neither hung them up to dry overnight.

It's a good thing I love them.

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

It's going. I'm hoping to scrap this weekend. I've been angry and out of sorts a lot lately and hopefully making pretties and getting caught up will help me snap out of it.

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

gotta shut down and get ready to leave.

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

have a great day everone!

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

Helping youngest one study for a social studies test

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

Kim - you'd better be taking care of yourself!!

Kimberly Rae Cole
Diva
Kimberly Rae Cole

I loved Social Studies, one of my best subjects in school... I was the raving lunatic for social injustices...

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

Ugh - gotta go! Hope to see you later

Kimberly Rae Cole
Diva
Kimberly Rae Cole

• scrappycath Said:
Kim - you'd better be taking care of yourself!!

Trying to.... just not very good at it lately...

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia

*yawn*

Good morning, girls!

Kimberly Rae Cole
Diva
Kimberly Rae Cole
In response to BlingQueenRia

Hey Ria... would someone just take it upon themselves and knock me over the head so I can go to sleep?

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

Good morning, all my sunshines!!

Yes, I've had my caffeine. I've got over 100 posts to read through on this thread.

I was keeping my stuff in my car to make things easier for the Crop tomorrow. NOW dh decides I need to pick up barrels for his biodiesel making. Which means unloading my station wagon. AND he wants to go out tonight. Which mean I won't be able to seal the concrete floor today. Rough life I lead.

Oh, Joy, how's your dd today?

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to Vivian loves BLING

Old thread:
  • NMlady Said:
It's odd, I hardly have any comments on things in my gallery, but I got several on the grad card. I guess it is either really commentable or people were searching for ideas and liked it.

The gallery really moves too fast for people to see much less leave comments. Joining challenges or being a part of group like this will get you more comments.

That grad card was really adorable. So I'm not surprised you're getting more comments there.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

Old Thread:

• Kimberly Rae Said:
I just got news that our pastor's husband is now starting hospice, his name is Chuck, our pastor is Becky, and they have two kids...a son (13) and a daughter who will be turning 20 next week. My heart feels so heavy.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

Old thread:

• DawnInAZ Said:

Teehehehe. I was just eating some Cinnamon Sweet Potato Chips and my dog Ralphy was loving them too!!

I love Sweet Potato Chips. Every time I see them, I've gotta buy a bag!!! Good thing they're not at the normal places I shop. Mainly when I go to the health food store do I get them.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

Congrats, Rio, on the grades!

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia

• Kimberly Rae Said:
Hey Ria... would someone just take it upon themselves and knock me over the head so I can go to sleep?

*knocks Kim over the head with a blingy stick*

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

• scrappycath Said:
Have you caught the banner ad for the "scrapbooking novel" ?

A page out of life

Dang, my library doesn't have that book. I may have to buy it...Bibliophilia is my biggest OCD thing. I avoid bookstores because I love, love books. Last year I bought Marley and Me then donated it to the library when I finished reading it. Knew I'd never read it again and don't have the room for more books.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

• Kimberly Rae Said:
Good morning ladies... once again I'm running a little manic and haven't been to sleep yet and my chest has been hurting off and on tonight.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

All caught up here. At least for now.

I think I've gotta go unload the car. Don't wanna. I think I'll go dig out that sewer pipe (unused of course) and finish running my extension cord out. This way I can leave the fan running in the building.

Chat later. I'll be bouncing around the house for a bit before I leave. I think dh said he was coming with me to get the barrels. We'll see. Need to print out another HL coupon just in case, so I can get the last of these Vertical organizers. THEN ALL my DCWV papers will be easier to travel with me.

I used alot of Far East and OUaT papers yesterday. They're not in these organizers yet and were a bit problematic for me. Still have $$ on my mother's day gc from dd.
Products Referenced in This Post:

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

here for fifteen minutes. managed all the grocery shopping and my Ms trip. Ms blew a transformer right before opening. They ended up closing for now. I still managed to get the one thing I needed to buy. The young woman who works in the framing department was very nice and helpful, everyone else practically screamed "Get out, we're closed". No, she said I could buy this if I wrote a check or paid cash. And the entire time I'm thinking if I don't buy this, you lose my business for good, I will buy the two pieces of Michaels exclusive product at the Concord or Salem locations and then never give you my money again.

What a bunch of whiney wimps. I routinely ran my store when the power is out. Write down the skus, know product prices and call the banks for check and charge approvals. When everything is up and running, assign one associate to ring everything through the register. It's inconvenient but not impossible and has the added bonus of not only keeping business but it's the type of customer service that guarantees repeat business.

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla

morning!
I just crawled out of bed!
By the time my 5:55 plane took off it was 9:55. Got my bag, got my car, and an hour home, it was almost 1:00 AM.
Aaaaaggggghhhhh

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to leebla

Car is unloaded. Dh did that. I asked he just put the stuff into the building since I needed to put it back into car when we got home.

Leaving now. Dh is going with me. Yay! This way I can't goof what he's wanting me to pick up.

LeeLo
LeeLo 
Diva
LeeLo
  • LeeLo on 05-16-08 06:03 AM

Morning everyone! I haven't been around for the last month...lots going on. I've had some personal drama, but thank the Lord that it is settling down. I've just not been in the mood to get on here... I've not even scrapped or anything!

I hope everything has been going good for you all!! I've missed our daily conversations!!

Hopefully I'll be in and out some today. We'll see how busy I am here at work!

BlingPrincessMarci
Diva
BlingPrincessMarci

morning gals! am home from vacation! it rocked! and im still a little hoarse from screaming at yesterdays game

congrats rio on passing! thats awesome

DawnInAZ
Queen
DawnInAZ

LeeLo
LeeLo 
Diva
LeeLo
  • LeeLo on 05-16-08 06:11 AM
In response to DawnInAZ

Hey Dawn!!! I missed you!!

DawnInAZ
Queen
DawnInAZ
In response to LeeLo

Hiya Leah!!!
Welcome back!!

Well, I must get myself together for work!!
See yall later at lunch. My day is crazy busy!

LeeLo
LeeLo 
Diva
LeeLo
  • LeeLo on 05-16-08 06:18 AM
In response to DawnInAZ

Well...I'm running off to do errands for work...hopefully I'll be back later!

riorabbit
Queen
riorabbit
In response to DawnInAZ

• DawnInAZ Said:

Trying to wake up? Hope your day at work goes well.
I should get off the puter and pack some stuff for going to Shirley's. I can't decide what to pack. I tend to get all excited about chatting sometimes too and not get a ton done. Being the first time trying to sb with Shirley, I probably shouldn't pack a lot. Guessing I won't get a ton done.

Perhaps if I get in the habit of cropping regularly with people I will get more done at crops. I want to start cropping some at SE and I should check out some of the other stores here too.

riorabbit
Queen
riorabbit
In response to riorabbit

Aha...I have an idea for something we can do together Dawny...take a tour of all the East Valley sb stores.... lol. I have never been to scrap barn and I know two more stores have opened. Oh dear...that would be death to the wallets wouldn't it? Fun though...

AJs Mama
Expert
AJs Mama
In response to riorabbit

whats everyone up to this morning? We got screwed by IRS so I had to beg my church to help us before we get evicted....

Q. I chose direct deposit for my 2007 tax refund but also requested a refund anticipation loan (RAL) from my preparer. How does that affect my stimulus payment?

A. Taxpayers who use Refund Anticipation Loans (RALs) or enter into any other loans or financial agreements with a tax professional, such as agreeing to have return preparation fees deducted from their refunds, cannot receive their stimulus payments by direct deposit and instead will get paper checks based on the paper check distribution schedule.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to LeeLo

• LeahDee Said:
Morning everyone! I haven't been around for the last month...lots going on. I've had some personal drama, but thank the Lord that it is settling down. I've just not been in the mood to get on here... I've not even scrapped or anything!

I hope everything has been going good for you all!! I've missed our daily conversations!!

Glad things are settling down.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to BlingPrincessMarci

• MarciMellow Said:
morning gals! am home from vacation! it rocked! and im still a little hoarse from screaming at yesterdays game

congrats rio on passing! thats awesome

What fun you had!

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to AJs Mama

My order for here should be here any time now!!

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

Sorry to hear that, Liz Murray. Lesson learned should be never, ever count on the IRS for paying bills of any kind only for fun spending that you have to wait on to spend.

riorabbit
Queen
riorabbit

• Bling Pimp Vivian Said:
Sorry to hear that, Liz Murray. Lesson learned should be never, ever count on the IRS for paying bills of any kind only for fun spending that you have to wait on to spend.

I agree...I would never count on anything like that. Actually, with any check I would wait until it is deposited and otherwise not spend fun money. Even with like hourly jobs, you should plan on some cushion in case you don't get hours or get sick or something like that. (worked to many hourly jobs and worked as a river guide and got injured on river...learned that the pay checks only come if you are working and being injured is not working on river).

LeeLo
LeeLo 
Diva
LeeLo
  • LeeLo on 05-16-08 07:43 AM
In response to riorabbit

I'm back from errands!

Liz...sorry about what happened to you...I guess that won't happen again, will it!?

I work an hourly job...I get excellent benefits and if I have to be off for anything I have time that will cover that. I don't think that there are always perks to a salaried job! Point...I worked Saturday last week...I work maybe one Saturday a year. BUT...it was extra money that I would not have otherwise had and it was great! DH though is on salary. No matter how many hours he puts in he gets the same check every time. Just because you're on salary don't mean you'll get paid if you don't work!

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to LeeLo

• LeahDee Said:
I'm back from errands!

Liz...sorry about what happened to you...I guess that won't happen again, will it!?

I work an hourly job...I get excellent benefits and if I have to be off for anything I have time that will cover that. I don't think that there are always perks to a salaried job! Point...I worked Saturday last week...I work maybe one Saturday a year. BUT...it was extra money that I would not have otherwise had and it was great! DH though is on salary. No matter how many hours he puts in he gets the same check every time. Just because you're on salary don't mean you'll get paid if you don't work!

Dh is salary and gets paid only once a month. That was a huge adjustment when it happened years ago for us.

When he went salary, he told his boss that he was only gonna work 40 hours and if he went over he'd comp his time and take time off later for it. I thought for sure his boss would can him the next round of layoffs. Instead in two months, his boss who WAS putting in 60+ hours a week told everyone under him to ONLY put in 40 hours. My dh was the most productive person. Since he wasn't tired all the time and was able to live a life with his family, he was able to give his full attention when he was working without resentments.

This boss isn't his boss anymore. They're still working for the same company but it's been restructured so many times since this happened. Dh still talks to his former boss who now works from home, too, and still putting in ONLY 40 regularly.

Even though dh is working from home, they know when he's not working. Plus when he was supporting a new project in China, it was easy for dh to put in late night hours working from home. Dh is one of the lucky fortunate ones.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

Dh is driving me batty! Trying to locate a metal 5 gallon bucket/drum/barrel. They're all plastic and he refuses to just order one from a website. Nice, empty and clean. NO I must find one locally that's been used and is dirty. And I'm feeling whiny!!! And here I am all out of Sangria!

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia

Lizzie and I took a nice morning nap snuggled up together. Now I have to go get some errands done and I'll be back in a bit.

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia
In response to DawnInAZ

• DawnInAZ Said:

My sentiments exactly.
*yawn*
*runs fingers through tousled hairs*

LeeLo
LeeLo 
Diva
LeeLo
  • LeeLo on 05-16-08 08:23 AM
In response to BlingQueenRia

Yeah...Vivian...when DH changed jobs, we went to 2x a month on him getting paid. He does work over 40 a lot but he also comps his time. Of course, he doesn't ever get it all comped out. On top of that, he drives nearly an hour each way to work every day!

I guess it depends on your situation as to which is better for you!

LeeLo
LeeLo 
Diva
LeeLo
  • LeeLo on 05-16-08 08:25 AM
In response to LeeLo

I'm eating peanut M&Ms like they're going out of style! Ick...must stop!!!!

Has anyone saw the large M&Ms? I saw a commercial on tv and then a bag (one...LOL) in my local store. Now I can't find them. I want to try them!

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to LeeLo

I don't know if the large M&Ms would be much good. Their chocolate isn't really all that good but in combo with candy shell or with peanuts and candy shell, it's good. So a large doesn't appeal to me.

jellyziva
Governor
jellyziva

Old thread:

• DawnInAZ Said:

Teehehehe. I was just eating some Cinnamon Sweet Potato Chips and my dog Ralphy was loving them too!!

I love Sweet Potato Chips. Every time I see them, I've gotta buy a bag!!! Good thing they're not at the normal places I shop. Mainly when I go to the health food store do I get them.

Love those.. and those Terra chips? (taro, sweet potato, etc etc). AND I just discovered cassava chips.. they are soooo good.

And I now prefer sweet potato fries to plain fries.. spoiled spoiled!

jellyziva
Governor
jellyziva
In response to riorabbit

• riorabbit Said:
Aha...I have an idea for something we can do together Dawny...take a tour of all the East Valley sb stores.... lol. I have never been to scrap barn and I know two more stores have opened. Oh dear...that would be death to the wallets wouldn't it? Fun though...

Don't worry, I'll be there 'mothering' you two
(wee-wee-wee-wee: Psycho music in the background)

jellyziva
Governor
jellyziva
In response to BlingPrincessMarci

Hi, Leah
Hi, Marci

jellyziva
Governor
jellyziva
In response to jellyziva

Rio will be here soon!

I was busy this morning... cleaned & mopped the kitchen, vacuumed living room, dining room, hallways.. Prepared batter for pancake and bacon, green onion scrambled eggs... I hope Rio likes them...

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath
In response to leebla

• leebla Said:
morning!
By the time my 5:55 plane took off it was 9:55. Got my bag, got my car, and an hour home, it was almost 1:00 AM.
Aaaaaggggghhhhh

{passes the pot of coffee}

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath
In response to LeeLo

• LeahDee Said:

Hi!!! Missed ya' Sit for a spell. Hope things continue getting better

LeeLo
LeeLo 
Diva
LeeLo
  • LeeLo on 05-16-08 08:51 AM
In response to jellyziva

Hadn't thought of that Vivian! I like Peanut M&Ms the best.

Oh yeah! I found CHOCOLATE that I DON'T like! Chocolate Skittles...YUCK!! They're GROSS! I saw them while I was picking up some stuff for work this morning and had to try them...

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath
In response to DawnInAZ

• DawnInAZ Said:

Seems like a theme today! Wish DD was giving out the free coffee's today!

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

Dh is driving me batty! Trying to locate a metal 5 gallon bucket/drum/barrel. They're all plastic and he refuses to just order one from a website. Nice, empty and clean. NO I must find one locally that's been used and is dirty. And I'm feeling whiny!!! And here I am all out of Sangria!

Well, just think of it as a barrel full o'Monkeys! Maybe that'll at least get you laughing!

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

Liz/Moxie, do you have a light box/tent? Just curious. So many times people here ask about how to photograph their layouts. I have a standard reply

I never could get good pictures of my 12x12 layouts. Never liked the results. I made a blog that has a link to free software that will stitch together your 12x12 layouts along with helps:
Scanning 12x12 layouts
Or you can make your own Light Tent/box. Just do a web search for something like "build your own photography light box" This way you don't have for wait for the right weather/day light conditions.

If you had a light box whether it's home made or store bought and put an image in your gallery, I can add it to my standard response. Always asking you for something, ain't I?

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath
In response to LeeLo

• LeahDee Said:

Has anyone saw the large M&Ms? I saw a commercial on tv and then a bag (one...LOL) in my local store. Now I can't find them. I want to try them!

Mmmmm, love M&M's. Especially the dark chocolate ones! The large dark chocolate (I think they called them Mega) were good. But for the milk choc I like the regular ones!

Haven't seen the Mega ones in a while.

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath
In response to jellyziva

• jelly97 Said:
Rio will be here soon!

I was busy this morning... cleaned & mopped the kitchen, vacuumed living room, dining room, hallways.. Prepared batter for pancake and bacon, green onion scrambled eggs... I hope Rio likes them...

Wow~! Awesome catered scrap. Hope you 2 are having tons of fun!

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

• scrappycath Said:

Well, just think of it as a barrel full o'Monkeys! Maybe that'll at least get you laughing!

He is having major blonde moments today. Driving me to drink!!! Buttermilk, that is. I'm waiting for someone to call me back. We're now looking into a 5 gallon metal bucket WITH oil in it! 15W/40 oil. We'll use it for our cars but am looking at $50, probably more per bucket. He wants two.

He's apologized for that recent tiff over me spending money. I may buy here and there all year round but when he spends it's usually for way more than all my trips put together. And he brought up buying a Wii again today. So either he saw the error of his way or he's wanting to make a major purchase WITHOUT me chewing him OUT!

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

• scrappycath Said:
  • jelly97 Said:
Rio will be here soon!

Wow~! Awesome catered scrap. Hope you 2 are having tons of fun!

I had missed Shirley's menu posting somehow. Yummy! Really, really wish I could be there!!!

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

I'm guessing the latter Vivian!

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

Gotta pay attention to work again. See you later!

LeeLo
LeeLo 
Diva
LeeLo
  • LeeLo on 05-16-08 09:08 AM

• scrappycath Said:
  • LeahDee Said:

Hi!!! Missed ya' Sit for a spell. Hope things continue getting better

Hey! Thanks so much! I missed you all... Things are going good/better now! I had some personal drama that I had to deal with and hopefully it is over and done with! I appreciate the support!

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

• scrappycath Said:
I'm guessing the latter Vivian!

Me, too. Since he apologized then went into all the spending he's got coming up. Sure in the long run, we'll be saving money on diesel for his car and worth this upfront investment. I even asked him for a budget. Tell me the limits for spending but he still refuses to do this. I've cut back on grocery shopping. Need to empty the freezer to clean it out really good and move it the new building. But still... sheesh. If I don't know my limit, how do I not exceed it?

Frankly it's one of dh's oddities. This way he has something to fuss at me about whenever he has the urge to bust me down. Not playing that anymore. Next time he does it. I'm handing him the debt card and letting him handle ALL shopping or give me a set budget. This has gone on for years. Time to end it.

LeeLo
LeeLo 
Diva
LeeLo
  • LeeLo on 05-16-08 09:16 AM

• scrappycath Said:
  • LeahDee Said:

Mmmmm, love M&M's. Especially the dark chocolate ones! The large dark chocolate (I think they called them Mega) were good. But for the milk choc I like the regular ones!

Haven't seen the Mega ones in a while.

Oh...thanks for the info! I LOVE dark chocolate. I think the Dove kind is the absolute best! They may not make the mega ones anymore...come to think of it I hadn't seen a commercial for them in a while either!

c-leaper
Queen
c-leaper

• scrappycath Said:
We are getting socked with rain today. Bummer, 2 of the boys were supposed to have outdoor activities. They've been post poned.

That must be the rain we had all day yesterday. Today it's nice - just in time for the noisy races tonight. Tomorrow it starts raining again.

I always feel bad...I wish for rain so it would rain out the races on Fridays, yet I know that someone has that as their business and probably counts on it as part of their livelihood and doesn't make any money if the races don't run. It's kind of like hoping the house next door doesn't sell because then Kim could move into it, but yet I know that it would really be better for our neighbor if the house DOES sell so she can get out from under that mortgage.

Moral conflict. Don't like it.

foltzy
foltzy 
Governor
foltzy
In response to LeeLo

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to c-leaper

• c-leaper Said:
  • scrappycath Said:

That must be the rain we had all day yesterday. Today it's nice - just in time for the noisy races tonight. Tomorrow it starts raining again.

I always feel bad...I wish for rain so it would rain out the races on Fridays, yet I know that someone has that as their business and probably counts on it as part of their livelihood and doesn't make any money if the races don't run. It's kind of like hoping the house next door doesn't sell because then Kim could move into it, but yet I know that it would really be better for our neighbor if the house DOES sell so she can get out from under that mortgage.

Jenni, these are your feelings. No right nor wrong here at all. You have absolutely no control over either situations.

If you were doing rain dances out in your yard, thus trying to get rain to happen and scaring off any potential buyers for the house next door, then there's a conflict.

c-leaper
Queen
c-leaper

• scrappycath Said:
  • riorabbit Said:

I just checked to see if my grades were posted online yet.... I passed everything.

I would have loved all A's, but that was not really how this semester was going... I got an A in the class that was most crucial for me. This was the class I could not repeat for anything and would have to pick a different minor and start over if I didn't pass...got an A in it. I already knew that though... lol.

I got a B in the class that is my senior seminar. This class is also highly crucial because I would have to return to NAU next Fall to take a different senior seminar in person if I didn't pass it. I would have prefered an A, but this is the one that we didn't get grades back and I was doing that mega research paper last minute. Ugg...the class I had to turn in the paper late for cause my friend had a medical emergency the night before it was due and I was supposed to be working on it then... I am pretty sure the B is basically due to turning that in late. It took some major points off of a huge part of my grade. Oh well... B is still good and I had other priorities.

Then the class that I was super worried about because the test was evil...darn evil. I passed. I got a C in it, but that was kind of expected. I mean the grade was an average of a midterm I knew I got a C on and a final that looked like it was in a foreign language. I was pretty worried a C wouldn't even happen. So...at least I passed it. Oh and this was the least crucial. I have a few options for classes that meet this requirement and likely could have found one online or down here to take and finish up. Just glad I don't have to.

So now I just need to take 2 general ed classes to graduate. I had my gen ed done, but switched majors. You can't have any gen ed from the same subject as your major. I had 2 psych classes as gen ed and now I am a psych major so those no longer count... I have to find 2 more gen ed classes now. That shouldn't be too hard though and I can take them for cheaper down here and transfer the cred it up.

Congrats on a job well done!!

Way to go, girl!

c-leaper
Queen
c-leaper

Old Thread:

• Kimberly Rae Said:
I just got news that our pastor's husband is now starting hospice, his name is Chuck, our pastor is Becky, and they have two kids...a son (13) and a daughter who will be turning 20 next week. My heart feels so heavy.

I remember when you first told us about Chuck. Praying.

c-leaper
Queen
c-leaper
In response to leebla

• leebla Said:
morning!
Aaaaaggggghhhhh

Aw, sweetie. Hope you can take it easy and recover this weekend.

c-leaper
Queen
c-leaper
In response to LeeLo

Belated to Marci & Leah!!

c-leaper
Queen
c-leaper

• c-leaper Said:
  • scrappycath Said:

Jenni, these are your feelings. No right nor wrong here at all. You have absolutely no control over either situations.

If you were doing rain dances out in your yard, thus trying to get rain to happen and scaring off any potential buyers for the house next door, then there's a conflict.

Hon, if I was doing a rain dance out in the yard, it'd not only scare off potential buyers, it'd scare off the neighbors who already know and like us!!!

c-leaper
Queen
c-leaper
In response to c-leaper

DGS didn't go to bed last night until 1:00 a.m. Don't know WHAT that was about.

Got up this morning and got out to do my "health assessment." I got probed (with questions), pr i cked (with needles - four of 'em), pictured (for my ID badge) and had to pee (drug screen). Now I'm just tired.

DD is out with her future roomie trying to find a place to live. They had to come back home to get dry clothes for the kidlet who decided A) it was fun to tip his Sprite up and watch it dribble out the hole in the lid and B) puddles on the playground at McD's are definitely made for stomping in.

DH has been out all morning. Met with a friend for breakfast. Did a blood donation. Took the car to get a new radio put in that will hook up to Ipods. He wanted to do it this weekend so DD & I would have it for our trip next weekend. And this is why I love him.

Gonna go get some lunch. Tummy's growling. BBL.

foltzy
foltzy 
Governor
foltzy
In response to c-leaper

• c-leaper Said:

I knew something was up. Geoff didn't go to bed last night until after midnight.

Edited by Diva foltzy on 05-16-08 09:53 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

c-leaper
Queen
c-leaper
In response to foltzy

• Diva foltzy Said:
  • c-leaper Said:

I knew something was up. Geoff didn't go to bed last night until after midnight.

I should've guessed.

foltzy
foltzy 
Governor
foltzy
In response to c-leaper

Avatar change and this one has Brian in it as well.

Page 1 of 30 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics