Page 1 of 20 
Username Post: Virtual Crop Week #64.... Memorial Day Weekend...        (Topic#1464755)
The Duchess of Sassytown
Diva
The Duchess of Sassytown

What is this thread about?

Well, things get quiet here on the weekends, so a thread was started to just hang out and do a virtual crop. Since then it's grown into more. Several people are now "regular" including myself. We chat about anything and everything. (Warning: Sometimes we stray into areas that may be considered "adult," although we always try to be tasteful about it.) We share our latest layouts, pictures, whatever interests us. We have fun and encourage each other.

It's now all week long, too. Since it is a new thread each week, it's easier for anyone to join. Even though we start over each week, it's STILL pages and pages long. Don't be intimidated, we are happy to have anyone drop by and say hello. Some of us read all the replies and keep up, but it is not required. Warning: It can get addictive!

Circle Journal Information:
I suggest 8x8 format because it's easy to do and will fit into a standard mailer.

It's everyone's choice to do either a single or a two page spread and to add whatever you want. Vivian, personally, would like to see a current photo, likes and dislikes on whatever, and something unusual about each person. Like for Liz/Moxie to show her extensive Stickles collection.

To keep things simple, do the same layout for everyone. You could change papers and such depending on your stash but keeping to the same design will make things much easier/faster and no one gets a better page from you than the next person. If someone is short on funds/time to make copies, digitals are acceptable. Even digital copies can be doctored up (read that as blinged) to make a hybrid layout.

PM those you want page(s) from and you'll be getting PMs from others in the Circle. Just let it be known you're interesting in doing this in the thread. This isn't just for VCWer, so if you want to add other people, go ahead. It's your album.

Please leave updates about yourself here . This is for those who can't be online as much as they would like to be. At least this way, there's highlights from this thread.

Most of us also really love bling and encourage bling usage!

Buy Bling! Use Bling! Love Bling!

Come visit OUR GALLERY to meet some of the irregular regulars!

There are several of us who are dealing with weight/health issues, too, so we've started a HEALTHY CHALLENGE as a way to have support and accountability for whatever your goals may be.

So come on! Don't be bashful! And don't be afraid of the fact that this thread MOVES. Just jump in wherever we are, and we'll be glad to get you caught up on what's happening. We never know what we're going to talk about or how silly we will get.

WARNING: Reading of, or participation in, this thread could result in food or drink being sprayed across your computer or sleepless nights...

The Duchess of Sassytown
Diva
The Duchess of Sassytown
In response to The Duchess of Sassytown

Well girls... I may not be on much this week, so I thought I would get this thread started... least I could do. Have a great week... I'll be at the beach.

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia

*yawn* Mornin, Kim. Might wanna go back and change the link to the blog, it still goes to last week's.

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia
In response to BlingQueenRia

Oh, yeah...and the gallery link and the bling spoiler...if you'd started this under the VCW name, I coulda gone back and fixed it for you.

The Duchess of Sassytown
Diva
The Duchess of Sassytown

Oooops... I goofed. Let me try to figure this out... help...

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia

It's rare that I beat Liz-Moxie here...usually she's here first poking everyone awake...hope she's okay...

The Duchess of Sassytown
Diva
The Duchess of Sassytown

It's verging on the three day weekend... I'm surprised I'm here... but then again, once again, I've been up all night. I don't know what it is with me and Thursday nights...

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia

• Altered Whimseys... Said:
Oooops... I goofed. Let me try to figure this out... help...

Go back to the VCW blog, start up Week 64 Blog...link to that where it says "Leave updates about yourself HERE (URL)."

Then go into the gallery, and link to the gallery.

I don't even remember what our spoiler was about bling usage...fudge...I shoulda started this before I went to bed last night, but I was trying to get over a lousy mood.

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia

I need to go motivate a five-year-old out of bed. Her first day of summer vacation and I'm dragging her out of bed early...poor kid...

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia

Clearly, the child's not awake:

Me: Princess, come on...we gotta get up. Bubba has a doctor's appointment. I know, it's your first day of summer vacation and Momma's making you get up. Tell you what, when we get back, we'll watch "hoppital show" ("Grey's Anatomy"). You wanna watch "hoppital show" with Momma?"

Lizzie: NO!

Me: Don't you wanna watch "hoppital show"?

Me: Are you sure?

Lizzie: YES!

Clearly, the child's not awake yet.

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla

Tell her it's an extra long one!

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia
In response to leebla

I did:

Me: But it's longer than usual! Don't you wanna watch?

Me: You don't wanna watch McDreamy?

Maybe she's not feeling well?

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to leebla

I'm not awake yet either.

And I have quite a lot I need to do.But the doc has been texting me since 7:30 this morning about a patient and I am half waiting to see if she wants ME to set him up today, before I plan my whole day, and then have to rearrange it.

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to leebla

Oh geez! Either you have to watch it, or I have to change the subject! Or I'm going to slip up!

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia
In response to leebla

I'm not awake, either. Thank goodness Jory only has one more half-day left of school. But it figures, huh? Just when I get adjusted to going to bed by 1am and getting up at 7 to get the kids off to school, school's out.

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia
In response to leebla

• leebla Said:
Oh geez! Either you have to watch it, or I have to change the subject! Or I'm going to slip up!

I wish I had time to watch this morning. Jory has a psych appointment at 8:15, or else I'd be watching right now during the kids' breakfast. (I eat "breakfast" at lunchtime.)

DawnInAZ
Queen
DawnInAZ
In response to leebla

I woke up at 4:45am and had to run to the bathroom. Tummy bug or something. I feel cruddy. And today is my coworker's last day, so I can't call in sick.

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia

I meant to say we leave for Jory's psych appointment at 8:15...the actual appointment is at 8:30, about 5 minutes away.

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia

Aw, Dawny, I'm sorry you're not feeling well.

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to leebla

So, I think Chief was trying to punih me last night and it ended up backfiring on him, poor guy.

I was gone for 3 days last week. This week I have been gone a lot for work. Just a crazy wek. Plus the 2 older kids were home most of the week, so I figured he wouldn't be in his cage, so what was the harm in being gone more than usual right?

Last night he chewed things he never chewed before...played with, but never chewed. One of my shoes (the insole) a bra (than god an older one) something else I can't remember, but he was dangerously close to an Eeyore. He pulled stuff out of the trash. And while we were watching Grey's, he went over scratched once on the door, and then walked straight over and pooped on the floor right behind dh's chair!!!

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia
In response to leebla

Yup, sounds like Chief is mad at you.

DawnInAZ
Queen
DawnInAZ
In response to leebla

It sounds like Chief has some pent up, unused energy and was showing you the only way he knows how. Can your boys take him on a walk during the day?

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to leebla

Sorry feeling icky Dawn!
Isn't that always the way?!
Did you get a replacement?
Gee, my stupid phone is ringing already. Don't these people know it's Friday and I don't want to move!

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to DawnInAZ

• DawnInAZ Said:
It sounds like Chief has some pent up, unused energy and was showing you the only way he knows how. Can your boys take him on a walk during the day?

They could, but the one who is more likely to is not out of school yet.

Actually we had had him out in the yard last night and let him run and run and run until he just about dropped. and he had been outside again, just before he went on the floor.

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to leebla

Michael actually transplants his butt fromt he basement to the loving room to sit with Chief and to let him out every hour during the day. And Laura plays fetch and tug of war with him, so it's not like he's being ignored or locked up or anything.

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to leebla

well, I need to get to it. Lots to do if I want to have a hope of just relaxing this weekend. and I really need to relax. and I need to block out some grandmother/mother/aunt family issues. And I need to keep my butt out of sb stores today!

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia
In response to leebla

I have stuff to do, too. I'll be here off and on through the weekend. We have a house to clean: the table is my fault, scraps from making the teachers' cards all week. But the floor and coffee table is the childrens' faults, so we're ALL pitching in and getting this house back in the "peace" it is usually in. I told the kids we could do it the fun way: all of us cleaning and iTunes blaring, or the boring way: no music, just me yelling. They chose the fun way.

AshleyS3285
Guru
AshleyS3285
In response to leebla

Morning all...

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to AshleyS3285

Okay, I'm outta here. Might try to pop in later to stay caught up!

LeeLo
LeeLo 
Diva
LeeLo
  • LeeLo on 05-23-08 05:54 AM
In response to leebla

Morning gals! I'm here...just catching up a bit in last week's thread. I have an awful headache, but the BC seems to be kicking in so hopefully it'll be gone soon!

riorabbit
Queen
riorabbit
In response to DawnInAZ

• DawnInAZ Said:
:( I woke up at 4:45am and had to run to the bathroom. Tummy bug or something. I feel cruddy. And today is my coworker's last day, so I can't call in sick.

I hope you feel better soon.

riorabbit
Queen
riorabbit
In response to riorabbit

Brrrrrr...I am cold. It is like 52 degrees out. My parents have every door and window in the house open. I swear they are trying to suck in the cool air that is free before it gets hot and they have to pay for AC again or something...brr. I was kind of getting used to hot weather. Not used to sitting in my jammies at the puter with all the windows open to 51 degree weather...

riorabbit
Queen
riorabbit
In response to riorabbit

Tis snowing in Flag. I just looked at the web cam. They are at 7000 feet so they expect up to 4 inches tonight. At 8000 feet (can't remember if Grand Canyon is that high, but the peaks around Flag go up to 12000) they are expecting 8-12 inches.

riorabbit
Queen
riorabbit
In response to riorabbit

Aha (think I am talking to self here)...the south rim of the Canyon averages 7000 feet as well. However, the North Rim of the Canyon averages 8000 feet. So N. Rim is supposed to get 8-12 inches of snow... yeesh.

LeeLo
LeeLo 
Diva
LeeLo
  • LeeLo on 05-23-08 06:12 AM
In response to riorabbit

Sorry you're feeling sick, Dawn! Hope you get better soon.

Is it just me, but I know a lot of people who are just plain tired right now. I'm so worn out I fee like I could sleep the entire weekend! There is a girl in my office who has just felt weird lately.

Yesterday evening nothing went right! I went to p/u my glasses & contacts (almost 45 mins away) and they only had my contacts. After me telling them last week I wanted to make one trip for both! Then there were other things that went wrong. We went to pick up the car DH drives to work (alternator went out) and I drove DH's truck home. I didn't think I was gonna make it home...I felt so awful! I had a bad headache and felt like I was gonna throw up. It just hit me pretty quick out of the blue. Everything makes me just wanna cry for some reason. I so want to get back to my normal feeling self. I don't like feeling wacky.

By the way...I just finished my first bottle of water today! Yeah!! My goal is to drink lots of it!

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia
In response to riorabbit

I'm back....and I have good news...I told the psych all about Jory's outbursts he's had. He had one last Saturday, one again yesterday, and that they seem to happen for no apparent reason AND he has a terrible time getting control of himself. And the doctor did what I begged him to do LAST visit: raised his Abilify. He's now taking 5mg in the morning and another 5mg in the afternoon. Whether or not that actually helps I don't know; his outbursts happen no matter what time of day: morning, noon, night. (Yesterday I was late for work.) So we shall see if the new dosage of Abilify helps him. I am so hoping it does!!!

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia

Now...Jory's favorite teacher (and she's become a friend to the whole family) is having a baby over the summer. When I dropped Jory off at school, I made sure this teacher was at school today, and I'm going to make her a card. I wasn't sure if the teacher would make it until the end of the year before going into labor. (She's really cutting it close!) But it means I get to make a cutesy little baby card.

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia

• acstew32 Said:
Morning all...

Morning! AC, I see you're from Kansas...Which part? I'm from Missouri about 20 minutes from the MO/KS border.

riorabbit
Queen
riorabbit
In response to LeeLo

• LeahDee Said:

Is it just me, but I know a lot of people who are just plain tired right now. I'm so worn out I fee like I could sleep the entire weekend! There is a girl in my office who has just felt weird lately.

Yesterday evening nothing went right! I went to p/u my glasses & contacts (almost 45 mins away) and they only had my contacts. After me telling them last week I wanted to make one trip for both! Then there were other things that went wrong. We went to pick up the car DH drives to work (alternator went out) and I drove DH's truck home. I didn't think I was gonna make it home...I felt so awful! I had a bad headache and felt like I was gonna throw up. It just hit me pretty quick out of the blue. Everything makes me just wanna cry for some reason. I so want to get back to my normal feeling self. I don't like feeling wacky.

By the way...I just finished my first bottle of water today! Yeah!! My goal is to drink lots of it!

Woohoo!

I am blogging my workouts, water, and food right now in a blog here. I didn't do so great at getting it all recorded yesterday and yesterday was only day 2. However, I have done that in the past and it helped keep me accountable. You could add your water to your blog.

BlingPrincessMarci
Diva
BlingPrincessMarci
In response to riorabbit

morning ladies! i have a 4 day weekend!!!!

riorabbit
Queen
riorabbit
In response to BlingPrincessMarci

• MarciMellow Said:

My mom was all excited because she has a 3 day AND the weather is actually cool. Normally people head for the mountains on Memorial Day weekend here (or the beach). Basically everyone bails town to get to somewhere cooler. It was nice of Mother nature to make it nice and cool the year that most of us cannot afford to leave town.

riorabbit
Queen
riorabbit

I think I will plan on pulling my bike out and doing some riding this weekend.

LeeLo
LeeLo 
Diva
LeeLo
  • LeeLo on 05-23-08 06:34 AM

I've not touched my scrap stuff (I used one of my pens to write on the back of DS's school pics...LOL) for months! Maybe I'll get to do a bit this weekend!!

LeeLo
LeeLo 
Diva
LeeLo
  • LeeLo on 05-23-08 06:38 AM
In response to LeeLo

Yay for 3 day weekends!

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia

• MarciMellow Said:

All of y'all with your 3- and 4-day weekends need to shup. I have to work Sunday and Monday like usual.

riorabbit
Queen
riorabbit

• BlingPrincessRia Said:
  • MarciMellow Said:

All of y'all with your 3- and 4-day weekends need to shup. I have to work Sunday and Monday like usual.

LeeLo
LeeLo 
Diva
LeeLo
  • LeeLo on 05-23-08 06:45 AM
In response to riorabbit

Sorry Ria! I guess that is a plus to working in an office!

I am thankful that I have so many holidays a year off.

LeeLo
LeeLo 
Diva
LeeLo
  • LeeLo on 05-23-08 06:47 AM
In response to LeeLo

And that I get paid for them. One boss I had a few years ago was so stingy. He wouldn't let us work the holidays but he wouldn't pay us for them either!

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia
In response to LeeLo

Leah, I didn't wanna hear that, neither!!!

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

• BlingPrincessRia Said:
It's rare that I beat Liz-Moxie here...usually she's here first poking everyone awake...hope she's okay...

I'm as fine as I ever am. Had a busy morning. Got caught up on everything I missed while I was sleeping, had some work related email to concentrate on and the Webster School Memorial Day program was this morning, so I had to get a good spot to set up the tripod to record the event as well as take pictures. Probably won't be around or if I am I'll be lurking this weekend. I have a proposal to write, invitations to make and some other odds and ends work.

LeeLo
LeeLo 
Diva
LeeLo
  • LeeLo on 05-23-08 06:51 AM

• BlingPrincessRia Said:
Leah, I didn't wanna hear that, neither!!!

Sorry Ria!!!!

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia

I'm watching "Grey's" from last night...oh wow Lexie has a beautiful name: Alexandra Caroline.

jellyziva
Governor
jellyziva
In response to DawnInAZ

• DawnInAZ Said:
:( I woke up at 4:45am and had to run to the bathroom. Tummy bug or something. I feel cruddy. And today is my coworker's last day, so I can't call in sick.

Hope you feel better soon!

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia
In response to moxiegirl23

• moxiegirl23 Said:
  • BlingPrincessRia Said:

I'm as fine as I ever am. Had a busy morning. Got caught up on everything I missed while I was sleeping, had some work related email to concentrate on and the Webster School Memorial Day program was this morning, so I had to get a good spot to set up the tripod to record the event as well as take pictures. Probably won't be around or if I am I'll be lurking this weekend. I have a proposal to write, invitations to make and some other odds and ends work.

Okay. It's just not NORMAL for ME to be here before you. If I am, it's because I haven't gone to bed yet.

jellyziva
Governor
jellyziva
In response to riorabbit

• riorabbit Said:
Tis snowing in Flag. I just looked at the web cam. They are at 7000 feet so they expect up to 4 inches tonight. At 8000 feet (can't remember if Grand Canyon is that high, but the peaks around Flag go up to 12000) they are expecting 8-12 inches.

Rio .. are you still here? Can you please share with me the best way to get up to Pinerock in order to avoid that usually horrible Memorial Day weekend traffic going up north?

Although I think it might be a little better this year... with the cool weather down here and the $4 gas prices, I have a feeling fewer people will be going up north...

jellyziva
Governor
jellyziva
In response to jellyziva

Oh .. Rio.. if you see this... please tell Barb I got an Outlines stamp (yes, Elizabeth.. are ya proud of me too)!

Turns out that nice little stampstore has many courses, including one in Outlines stamps... I looked at their samples , and I was STUNNED! They were BEAUTIFUL!!! But I also see that it takes a lot of time to make them... unfortunately, when I make cards, I'm usually in a hurry... my bad. I'm a procrastinator..sometimes..

BTW, their 20% off day is every 20th of the month. If it falls on a weekend or Monday, it'll be the first Tues after the 20th...

jellyziva
Governor
jellyziva
In response to jellyziva

Oh.. and I created a blog for Week # 64 here:
http://www.scrapbook.com/blogs/188867/view/117 827.html

riorabbit
Queen
riorabbit
In response to jellyziva

• jelly97 Said:
  • riorabbit Said:

Rio .. are you still here? Can you please share with me the best way to get up to Pinerock in order to avoid that usually horrible Memorial Day weekend traffic going up north?

Although I think it might be a little better this year... with the cool weather down here and the $4 gas prices, I have a feeling fewer people will be going up north...

Still here...or I guess back. Hmm... to be honest, we just do the normal route (the one they will give you as a map on the pinerock website). I noticed the other day while driving my dad's truck I still have a map in his visor from all my trips up there.

Um, yeah, I just take the 17 to the cordes junction exit and then follow the rest of the normal route to camp. I can't think of any real way to get there that is less traffic. I don't know about traffic for Memorial day weekend. 4th of July used to be awful in Prescott cause they did a city wide water fight so as you got into town traffic hit a stand still. They banned the water fight though...that was a bummer cause so many people went there for the 4th just to go to the city wide water fight, but I guess they had issues with unsuspecting tourists in convertables getting bombed by water balloons.

I can ask my dad if he knows any other routes though. He tends to be odd like that and know back ways into stuff.

riorabbit
Queen
riorabbit
In response to jellyziva

• jelly97 Said:
Oh .. Rio.. if you see this... please tell Barb I got an Outlines stamp (yes, Elizabeth.. are ya proud of me too)!

Turns out that nice little stampstore has many courses, including one in Outlines stamps... I looked at their samples , and I was STUNNED! They were BEAUTIFUL!!! But I also see that it takes a lot of time to make them... unfortunately, when I make cards, I'm usually in a hurry... my bad. I'm a procrastinator..sometimes..

BTW, their 20% off day is every 20th of the month. If it falls on a weekend or Monday, it'll be the first Tues after the 20th...

Lol...I told ya they had a class for the outline stamps and tons of outline stamps! They do look like they take a lot of effort. I bet you could make a cute one with less effort though. Just don't do all the mini layers with pop dots. If you did one layer and either stickled it or use a sparkly heat embossing, that wouldn't take to much. I might get a stamp some time and just do a bunch in advance and add a quote to it later.

Which one did you get? I was gonna tell you once I get one (might be a bit), you are welcome to use it.

Oh and good to know on the 20th.

riorabbit
Queen
riorabbit

• BlingPrincessRia Said:

Glad to know you are not abusing Moxie here frequently, but poor Moxie has not done anything to you. You should not abuse her anywhere...

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia
In response to riorabbit

• riorabbit Said:
  • BlingPrincessRia Said:

Glad to know you are not abusing Moxie here frequently, but poor Moxie has not done anything to you. You should not abuse her anywhere...

I'm sorry. I should have phrased that differently, eh? I don't "beat" people who are armed with Nerf guns or have access TO Nerf guns. I'm an unarmed woman, all I have is bling.

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to riorabbit

Watched Alton Brown make homemade bacon last night. Now I'm trying to figure out a way I can make it within the confines of my condo... Might have to go to my mother's house when she's in Canada and do it in her backyard...

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

• BlingPrincessRia Said:
  • riorabbit Said:
  • BlingPrincessRia Said:

I'm sorry. I should have phrased that differently, eh? I don't "beat" people who are armed with Nerf guns or have access TO Nerf guns. I'm an unarmed woman, all I have is bling.

pshhh. I don't need nerf guns to take anyone out... all I have to do is angle my stickles collection just right and blind you all! {insert evil laugh here}

riorabbit
Queen
riorabbit

• moxiegirl23 Said:
  • BlingPrincessRia Said:
  • riorabbit Said:
  • BlingPrincessRia Said:

pshhh. I don't need nerf guns to take anyone out... all I have to do is angle my stickles collection just right and blind you all! {insert evil laugh here}

Uh oh... I see a blingy fight coming (we have them occasionally at late nighters/night owls). Hee hee.... *grabs stickles and runs for cover*

AshleyS3285
Guru
AshleyS3285

• BlingPrincessRia Said:
  • acstew32 Said:
Morning all...

Morning! AC, I see you're from Kansas...Which part? I'm from Missouri about 20 minutes from the MO/KS border.

Manhattan, but Colby for the summer... Im supposed to be packing right now...

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia

• acstew32 Said:
  • BlingPrincessRia Said:
  • acstew32 Said:
Morning all...

Manhattan, but Colby for the summer... Im supposed to be packing right now...

Going go K State? Where abouts is Colby? I'm in the Kansas City area.

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia

• moxiegirl23 Said:
  • BlingPrincessRia Said:
  • riorabbit Said:
  • BlingPrincessRia Said:

riorabbit
Queen
riorabbit

Hee hee...friends in Flag are sending me snowy photos. LOL! Too funny! That is crazy...it is late May! They said visibility was down to 10 feet due to snow yesterday.

LeeLo
LeeLo 
Diva
LeeLo
  • LeeLo on 05-23-08 08:44 AM
In response to riorabbit

I still can't get over the snow thing!!

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to riorabbit

Hey! Can't stay long. Need get running.

Did Monica get back on line? She emailed me that her saved passwords got zapped and she can't get back here? I just responded to her email and don't know if she emailed anyone else.

riorabbit
Queen
riorabbit
In response to LeeLo

• LeahDee Said:
I still can't get over the snow thing!!

Well phx (the part that is comporable to what you are used to people talking about) is in the low 60s today. So cooler, but no where near snow...

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to Vivian loves BLING

Old Thread:

• acstew32 Said:
Ok... my friend is getting married in aug. I want to share my love of scrapbooking and want to put a kit together that has everything she needs to make her wedding album... any suggestions??

Do you know her color selection(s) for her wedding? You could use those for the kit.

I ended up buying a premade 8x8 album for my dd's wedding pix. It was super easy, used the coupon, too. I did have to make some additional pages but it came together really easily.

http://www.scrapbook.com/myplace/index.php?mod=gallerie...

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

Old thread:

• GinaAlyshia Said:
  • Bling Fairy Vivian Said:
Gina, are those skittles you used, too?

no a friend gave me a big box of those flat back glass beads that you use in vases..i wasnt sure what i was going to do with them so i tried them out on a LO...i was going for the effect of bubbles.

They look great.

I see that other people here call them Skittles regardless of what they're called on the package.

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia
In response to riorabbit

I haven't seen her, Viv..I'll be here off and on throughout the day, so if I do I'll tell her you were wondering about her.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

I agree with Shirley, you could have the best mommy radar but all it takes is that one moment, one slip, one distraction... Can't dwell on that or I'd go even battier than I am already.

My son is almost 16 and he's now bigger than me. I'm not little by any means and yet, when he went to the park by himself Wednesday before church service, I was frantic! I kept thinking of the crazies or down right evil people in our world. Bare in mind that the park is right next to a rather large police station, fire station and town hall. Still the fear was there. I wanted to get in my car and hunt him down!!!

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to DawnInAZ

• DawnInAZ Said:
I woke up at 4:45am and had to run to the bathroom. Tummy bug or something. I feel cruddy. And today is my coworker's last day, so I can't call in sick.

Hope you're feeling better, Dawn.

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia

Quick question...shimmery stamp ink counts as bling, right? I'm making a card for Jory's favorite teacher (who's having a baby over summer vacation) in neutral greens. I inked some white Primas shimmery green and plan to use Skittles for the centers. I don't have time for Stickles to dry, nor do I have time to "set" loose glitter with decoupage.

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 05-23-08 09:02 AM

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 05-23-08 09:04 AM

• BlingPrincessRia Said:
I'm watching "Grey's" from last night...oh wow Lexie has a beautiful name: Alexandra Caroline.

I was even surprised that George knows that. Maybe its because they live together..

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

• moxiegirl23 Said:
  • BlingPrincessRia Said:
  • riorabbit Said:
  • BlingPrincessRia Said:

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

I emailed Monica that she could log in as VCW. I've gotta head out and get some things done.

riorabbit
Queen
riorabbit

• Bling Fairy Vivian Said:
I emailed Monica that she could log in as VCW. I've gotta head out and get some things done.

Sounds like a good idea. Maybe sb.com can help her from there. I used to be a member of sb.com like 6 years ago. Didn't chat too much and had the same thing happen. I totally lost my password and ended up making a new account. I didn't have an avatar or anything in the gallery back then so it really wasn't a big deal.

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia
In response to riorabbit

Finished teacher's baby card!

Congratulations
By BlingPrincessRia

LeeLo
LeeLo 
Diva
LeeLo
  • LeeLo on 05-23-08 09:25 AM

Cute Ria!!

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 05-23-08 09:26 AM

Love the card, Ria!

So, i found this link from the other forum that Rio posted and Rio, i love her work!

I was wondering, how do you guys do letters like that? Is it chipboard? I want to make letters stand out like that in the font for my future layouts. What do i use for the font and for the effect?

http://www.scrapbook.com/galleries/95083/view/ 1279295/-...

DawnInAZ
Queen
DawnInAZ
In response to leebla

• leebla Said:
Sorry feeling icky Dawn!
Isn't that always the way?!
Did you get a replacement?
Gee, my stupid phone is ringing already. Don't these people know it's Friday and I don't want to move!

OMG I am so sick.
I still haven't went in to work. Was hoping it would stop, but no.
We hired a gal who started this past Monday.

riorabbit
Queen
riorabbit
In response to Once

• Once Said:
Love the card, Ria!

So, i found this link from the other forum that Rio posted and Rio, i love her work!

I was wondering, how do you guys do letters like that? Is it chipboard? I want to make letters stand out like that in the font for my future layouts. What do i use for the font and for the effect?

Yep, those are chipboard. Actually, if you click on the link and go to that layout by Kelly, right below the layout is a list of products. It shows the exact Basic Grey chipboard she used!

You can then paint chipboard or add paper to it with glue. If you add paper, you have to trim around the paper and sanding the paper a bit with a nail file or sand paper helps to smooth it out.

DawnInAZ
Queen
DawnInAZ
In response to riorabbit

• riorabbit Said:
Brrrrrr...I am cold. It is like 52 degrees out. My parents have every door and window in the house open. I swear they are trying to suck in the cool air that is free before it gets hot and they have to pay for AC again or something...brr. I was kind of getting used to hot weather. Not used to sitting in my jammies at the puter with all the windows open to 51 degree weather...

Our windows are open too.
We LOVE this cooler weather.
And airing this house out right now is a must.

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 05-23-08 09:36 AM
In response to riorabbit

• riorabbit Said:
  • Once Said:
Love the card, Ria!

Yep, those are chipboard. Actually, if you click on the link and go to that layout by Kelly, right below the layout is a list of products. It shows the exact Basic Grey chipboard she used!

You can then paint chipboard or add paper to it with glue. If you add paper, you have to trim around the paper and sanding the paper a bit with a nail file or sand paper helps to smooth it out.

Thanks! I can see she is a big big fan of Basic Grey

riorabbit
Queen
riorabbit
In response to DawnInAZ

• DawnInAZ Said:
  • riorabbit Said:

I like the cool weather too...and I was the first to open the door (while they were gone yesterday). I think my body is a bit shocked at the change in weather though. It was a bit drastic. I would rather be cold and wear a sweat shirt though than hot...

DawnInAZ
Queen
DawnInAZ

• BlingPrincessRia Said:
I'm back....and I have good news...I told the psych all about Jory's outbursts he's had. He had one last Saturday, one again yesterday, and that they seem to happen for no apparent reason AND he has a terrible time getting control of himself. And the doctor did what I begged him to do LAST visit: raised his Abilify. He's now taking 5mg in the morning and another 5mg in the afternoon. Whether or not that actually helps I don't know; his outbursts happen no matter what time of day: morning, noon, night. (Yesterday I was late for work.) So we shall see if the new dosage of Abilify helps him. I am so hoping it does!!!

I hope this helps him.

riorabbit
Queen
riorabbit
In response to Once

• Once Said:
  • riorabbit Said:
  • Once Said:
Love the card, Ria!

Thanks! I can see she is a big big fan of Basic Grey

She is one of the very very few on their design team. Fan or not...she has to use thier product as part of being on the design team (although I would guess she is a fan and that is why she applied for it. ) She gets the product early in order to make demos for them.

DawnInAZ
Queen
DawnInAZ
In response to riorabbit

• riorabbit Said:
  • DawnInAZ Said:
  • riorabbit Said:

I like the cool weather too...and I was the first to open the door (while they were gone yesterday). I think my body is a bit shocked at the change in weather though. It was a bit drastic. I would rather be cold and wear a sweat shirt though than hot...

Me too. I had to close my window when I woke up this morning at 4:45am. Too chilly.

DawnInAZ
Queen
DawnInAZ
In response to riorabbit

• riorabbit Said:
  • LeahDee Said:

Woohoo!

I am blogging my workouts, water, and food right now in a blog here. I didn't do so great at getting it all recorded yesterday and yesterday was only day 2. However, I have done that in the past and it helped keep me accountable. You could add your water to your blog.

All I can drink right now is water. Nothing else is being nice to me.

riorabbit
Queen
riorabbit
In response to DawnInAZ

Well, it was 6 am when my parents had all the doors and windows open... hee hee...was a bit chilly.

riorabbit
Queen
riorabbit
In response to riorabbit

My stomach is not upset, but my abs hurt like crazy. I tend to hurt two days after the workout...yep...today is two days later. I don't wanna move. Let alone eat...

DawnInAZ
Queen
DawnInAZ
In response to riorabbit

• riorabbit Said:
  • MarciMellow Said:

My mom was all excited because she has a 3 day AND the weather is actually cool. Normally people head for the mountains on Memorial Day weekend here (or the beach). Basically everyone bails town to get to somewhere cooler. It was nice of Mother nature to make it nice and cool the year that most of us cannot afford to leave town.

I agree. It's always ugly hot on Memorial Day weekend.

DawnInAZ
Queen
DawnInAZ
In response to LeeLo

• LeahDee Said:
I've not touched my scrap stuff (I used one of my pens to write on the back of DS's school pics...LOL) for months! Maybe I'll get to do a bit this weekend!!

I still have a 2 page 12x12 LO laying here to finish from last Saturday night.

DawnInAZ
Queen
DawnInAZ
In response to riorabbit

• riorabbit Said:
  • BlingPrincessRia Said:

DawnInAZ
Queen
DawnInAZ

• moxiegirl23 Said:
  • BlingPrincessRia Said:
  • riorabbit Said:
  • BlingPrincessRia Said:

Page 1 of 20 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics