Page 1 of 29 
Username Post: Lot of Pics Scrappin Chicks Support Group        (Topic#1465639)
j3Mel
j3Mel 
Idol
j3Mel
  • j3Mel on 05-30-08 01:17 PM

not a lot of rules to this group. I'm just looking for other scrappers who routinely use 4 or more pics per layout. I like lots of pics and have a hard time finding others who scrap in the same style that I can draw inspiration from. Feel free to post links or ideas for getting lots of pics on one layout.

1.j3Mel gallery - Melanie
2. luvmyfam - Jennifer
3. Dani_Meyer 81
4. Aumommie
5. peenut_23 - Jill
6. cpowife - Stacey
7. raindancer - Adrienne
8. GrandmommyPam - Pam
9. Kelly Cali
10. SB1280 - Sarah
11. M Clark
12. Chlemen - Maria
13. BlingQueenRia
14. mylittlesweetpea - Susan
15. Frau_Cooney - Jane
16. gayle3131
17. animemama
18. Mama2Thomas
19. terrihooper
20. CubsFanForever - Lori
21. wendella247 - Wendy
22. Shutterbugg - Maureen
23. scrappingaddict
24. scraprabbit - Sarah
25. cindy312 - Cindy
26. KatieJo
27. tammylee
28. runswithscissors - Bonnie
29. wimpygirl
30. Crystal Lullaby
31. paperfan
32. Godschild - Janeen
33. 4kowbabies -Rachel
34. Mary W. - Mary
35. Morty
36. Mrsstacy85- Fawn
37. Croppin for Christ
38. Gramary - Mary
39. Scrappingaddict - Anne M
40. Chantel Miller
41. Clara D
42. A Levy - Amy
43. akascrapper
44. JCBreck - Julie
45. Kimmylois - Kimmy
46. Becky's - Becky
47. Learn4life - Karissa
48. Belinda Anne's

Some misc blogs and idea sites for multipage/picture scrappers - ENJOY!

Double the Fun - Creating Two-Page Layouts from One-Page Sketches

sketches

sb.com thread with sketch sites

multi photo layout blog

another sketch source

sketchworld blog (has multipic sketches)

Edited by j3Mel on 08-31-09 05:23 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to j3Mel

This sounds great to me. I am definitely interested. I'll have to come back and link later cause I've got to run.

j3Mel
j3Mel 
Idol
j3Mel
  • j3Mel on 08-06-08 06:32 AM
In response to Luvmyfam

bringing to page 1. Still looking for fellow multi-pic scrappers.

Dani_Meyer81
Tenant
Dani_Meyer81
In response to j3Mel

I'm interested. I rarely have less than 4 pics on my pages. My computer at home is BROKE so as soon as I am up and running I will post some pages.

j3Mel
j3Mel 
Idol
j3Mel
  • j3Mel on 08-06-08 06:42 AM
In response to Dani_Meyer81

cool. Thank you. I see you are a Missouri girl to. I'm just northwest of Columbia.

Aumommie
Diva
Aumommie

I generally don't like 1 picture LOs -- They seem to be more about the embellies than the photo and story that goes with it. I am a picture freek -- I filled a 1G memory card in 3 days with DH family on our lake Vaca. I took well over 1000 photos at Disney last year. There is no way to scrap them 1 or 2 to a page. I would love some new creative ideas on how to get more photos on a page.

peenut_23
Angel
peenut_23

I do both ... but am leaning towards doing more multi-pic layouts. I am really into the 2 pager ones lately. Most of my recent layouts have been 3-4 pics ...

Aumommie
Diva
Aumommie
In response to Aumommie

I'm just across the river from St Louis!!!

cpowife
Mayor
cpowife

I'm interested! I am a multi pic scrapper that also has not found a lot of these kinds of pages. The only time I do one pager's is at the front and end of my book. I take too many pictures to only do one picture per page. lol!

j3Mel
j3Mel 
Idol
j3Mel
  • j3Mel on 08-06-08 06:48 AM
In response to cpowife

yeah!! we are getting some ladies together that are 2 page scrappers. I'm off to check out some galleries now that I know where to look!!

Dani_Meyer81
Tenant
Dani_Meyer81
In response to j3Mel

I am just west of STL. In Maryland Heights. Near the airport. Us Missouri gals have to stick together!! I am working desperately to fix my home computer so I can post some layouts. I guess I could always take a picture of them and upload them from our laptop...hmmm

j3Mel
j3Mel 
Idol
j3Mel
  • j3Mel on 08-06-08 07:05 AM

I just got my home computer back after almost two months. It was struck by lightening. I had been bringing my camera to work and loading stuff during my lunch hour. Luckily I'm finally back up and running at home now. Now I just have to fight the 13 year old son for computer time at home. Since I got the flat screen Imoved the computer to my scrap table so I can pull up layouts on the screen while I'm scrappin' but that also means I have to take breaks once in a while so he can "chat" with friends. It is a good way to limit how much time he spends on it though.

peenut_23
Angel
peenut_23
In response to j3Mel

Okay girls,

Here are two I did this week:
Family Reunion '06 - full view By Peenut_23

Family By Peenut_23

I have WAY too many photos to keep scrapping just one page layouts (although I do like to do that!). I am just getting really, really far behind!! So my new plan is to get those pics scrapped and that means multi-pic and double page layouts!

I look forward to getting some inspiration on this thread!

j3Mel
j3Mel 
Idol
j3Mel
  • j3Mel on 08-06-08 07:08 AM
In response to j3Mel

We are maybe 3 hours apart then. We can leave our house and pass the airport in just under that. A few other southern missouri girls on here as well. I keep hoping for a crop in the Columbia area someday. Maybe if we all cross our fingers and wish really hard we can make it happen.

j3Mel
j3Mel 
Idol
j3Mel
  • j3Mel on 08-06-08 07:09 AM
In response to j3Mel

Wow Jill. I haven't made it to your gallery yet. I'm trying, really.

I haven't been traditional scrappin this week. My mom and dad's 50th wedding anniversary party is this saturday and I've been working on centerpieces for that. We are doing pictures on barnwood (lifelong farmers so we are going for a country/farm feel) and I've been battling with pictures to keep them no the boards. I'm going to resort to small nails! I'm hoping to finish up all the boards tonight. There are 38 total.

raindancer
Governor
raindancer
In response to j3Mel

Hey..I'm here and in need of support! LOL.. I've just finished a LO that I'm pretty proud of.. hope you guys don't mind if I post it..

{One}derful You
By Raindancer

At the moment, I'm stewing on my next LO. I have issues. I have 4 photos.. 3 of them are 3.5 x 4.5 in and one is wallet size. I have do idea how to stretch these small photos across a 2 pg LO. I'm searching through sketches right now, hoping to get an idea!

Vintage Beginnings
Expert
Vintage Beginnings
In response to j3Mel

Hi, I am mostly a multiple pic two page scrapper. This week, I finished posting two completed albums in my gallery. Come visit me!

j3Mel
j3Mel 
Idol
j3Mel
  • j3Mel on 08-06-08 07:56 AM
In response to Vintage Beginnings

Can you make it into a one pager.

Welcome Home Mariska By J3Mel

Everyday life June 2008 By J3Mel

a couple of ideas. I'm doing gift baby books and don't usually have enough for 2 pages of every event so I'm having to be resourceful. I'm not taking the pics or I'd have too many to chose from.

Edited by j3Mel on 08-06-08 07:59 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

j3Mel
j3Mel 
Idol
j3Mel
  • j3Mel on 08-06-08 08:06 AM
In response to j3Mel

looks like we are getting a few ladies involved here. YEAH!!

Let's get to know each other:

copy and paste please!!

1. where are you from?
2. how long you been scrappin'?
3. scrap in a group or at home alone?
4. favorite subject to scrap?
5. current projects?
6. feel free to add whatever you want.....

I'll go first

1. where are you from? the sticks in Missouri, closet Michael's/Hobby Lobby is 60 miles away
2. how long you been scrappin'? a little over 10 years, obsessed for probably 8 of those 10
3. scrap in a group or at home alone? both but mainly at home, nobody else around here takes the time to scrap like I do
4. favorite subject to scrap? my kids/nieces/nephews
5. current projects? family album, dd (17) album, ds (13) album, 2 baby gift albums (one is my niece, the other is a very good friend)
6. feel free to add whatever you want.....I'm loving having baby albums. Gives me a different subject than what I've been doing lately. I always have more than one project going at any given time. Right now I"m working on decorations for my parent's 50th anniversary (which is Saturday) and then I am making wedding invitations for a very close friend of mine next week then I can go back to scrappin.

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to j3Mel

(raising hand) Multi-pic Scrapper right here!

1. where are you from?
Southern California

since High School

Either one

Amusement parks, Holidays, Arts & Crafts activities

5. current projects?
listed in no particular order...
Beach, 4th of July, Texas album, Route 66 album
Fair, Circus, Disney, Sea World, Recipe album(s)

I scrapbooking!

Here are just a few from my collection...

February Layout - Valentine Sweethearts By KellyCali

April Layout - Easter Egg Hunt By KellyCali

January Layout - Winter Wonderland By KellyCali

SB1280
SB1280 
Mayor
SB1280
In response to KellyCali

I'm a mulit photo scrapper too!

SB1280
SB1280 
Mayor
SB1280
In response to SB1280

1. where are you from?
Ohio

About a year

Home alone - none of my friends scrap

DS (7), DS soccer (4th year), DS cub scouts (2nd year), holidays

5. current projects?
I have millions of photos that need scrapped - I have a ton of projects going on. Most recently I started working on how I will make our wedding invites (we just got engaged May 25th)

Since I just started scrappin last year I have a lot to get caught up on. Any inspiration is always welcome so this will be a fun place to hang out

I do have a suggestion - maybe you could link each person's album to the first page so we can have easy access to them.

j3Mel
j3Mel 
Idol
j3Mel
  • j3Mel on 08-06-08 08:32 AM
In response to SB1280

I like the suggestion but it may not be this week before I can get it done. Need to do that from home (oops, I'm surfin from work today) and this week is stupid crazy. Don't let me forget though!!

Castle Scrapper
Diva
Castle Scrapper
In response to KellyCali

Me me! I hardly ever do one photo per page - I have so many pictures to scrap that I'll never get done if I just put one on a page. I'm more into organizing my photos and preserving the memories than embellishing a page.

1. where are you from?

Georgia

about 2 years

Mostly I scrap with family/friends, we have a close group that get together about once a month for crops.

Disney!

5. current projects?

Currently I'm in the process of scrapbooking all of my family photos. I have started baby books for all 3 of my teenagers. I got tired of the baby pics and switched to current photos. I go back and forth.

Some of my most recent pages from our trip to Cedar Point:

Chlemen
Guru
Chlemen
In response to KellyCali

• KellyCali Said:
(raising hand) Multi-pic Scrapper right here!

Here are just a few from my collection...

February Layout - Valentine Sweethearts By KellyCali

April Layout - Easter Egg Hunt By KellyCali

January Layout - Winter Wonderland By KellyCali

I thought I would see you on here:)

I love multi-pic/page lo as well. I do single photo lo too, but as most of you have mentioned, got to much photo:)

Chlemen
Guru
Chlemen
In response to Chlemen

1. where are you from?

Maryland, but currently in SoCal

3 years next month

Mostly by myself, but attend crop now and then

Everyday moments, special events, and outings

5. current projects?

nothing at the moment, no mojo:(

Here a few of mine:) tfl

Fore By Chlemen

Me & Marcus By Chlemen

Fireworks? By Chlemen

Del Mar Beach Bash 08 By Chlemen

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia
In response to Chlemen

I'm in, too!

j3Mel
j3Mel 
Idol
j3Mel
  • j3Mel on 08-06-08 09:42 AM
In response to BlingQueenRia

I can't do it this weekend but would any of you ladies be interested in a friday night or saturday night multi pic virtual crop challenge??? We could set it up to chat and scrap some Friday evening and see how many pages we can flood the gallery with at the end of the crop?????

beach girl 73
Guru
beach girl 73
In response to KellyCali

Mostly a multi-pic scrapper here. I don't know if I use as many pics as some of you, but I think that is because I need to learn some more ways to include lots of pics in an attractive way. So keep those LO's coming, so I can gleen more inspiration!

1. where are you from? California
2. how long you been scrappin'? Since 2000, but took a few years off when my dd was a baby.
3. scrap in a group or at home alone? I do both, but more often at home.
4. favorite subject to scrap? Don't have one. Probably because I get bored with subjects easily, so I always have multiple books going a once.
5. current projects? Currently, these are the books that are in progress: Disneyland, East Coast trip, dd first year plus other random events.
6. feel free to add whatever you want..... I have so many other books planned but not yet started. I wish I could scrap faster. That is one of the reasons that multi-pic LO's appeal to me - gets more done quicker!

Frau_Cooney
Idol
Frau_Cooney
In response to j3Mel

Hey, count me in! And I could use some friends!

1. where are you from? Charlottesville, VA these days. Grew up in Vermont, 10 years in Boston, a few other places around the world in between. But I love Charlottesvill and hope to never leave!

2. how long you been scrappin'? 4 years. I started after I got married to do my wedding album. Next thing you know, I'm an addict!

3. scrap in a group or at home alone? A bit of both. I have been to several crops for weekends with friends, but I have done most at home. That's changed somewhat since I had a baby and have less time for my hobby.

4. favorite subject to scrap? My baby boy. And most of my layouts are the events of our lives.

5. current projects? Finishing up baby's first year album (he's 17 months now, so I think that's pretty darn good!), "Life as it comes" album of general family events; and about to begin an album for my 89 year old grandmother who just moved into assisted living and is losing her memory.

6. feel free to add whatever you want..... I think this multi-photo group is a good fit for me. Most of my layouts have lots of pics, and many two-page layouts. While I like to use embellishments and other design techniques to make my pages interesting, it's about the photos and stories for me.

Oh, and my real name is Jane!

Frau_Cooney
Idol
Frau_Cooney
In response to Frau_Cooney

Hi MClark,

I recognize your Cedar point layouts. You left a comment in my gallery a few days ago! Thanks for that.

I love amusement parks and crave a visit to Cedar park. It's the Mecca of amusement parks! Maybe someday!

Jane

Aumommie
Diva
Aumommie

1. where are you from? Right Now Troy, IL (it is in South IL across the river from St Louis

2. how long you been scrappin'? too long to count

3. scrap in a group or at home alone? mostly alone, with DH being military it is often hard to get away myself

4. favorite subject to scrap? my boys (9 and 5) and vacations

5. current projects? Disney World trip, fixing BIL Boot camp album that was damaged when our basement sprung a leak a few months ago.

I am excited to get some ideas for LO, I just spent a week wiht DH family at a lake house and have a ton of pictures and can't wait to tackle them!!!

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia
In response to j3Mel

• j3Mel Said:
I can't do it this weekend but would any of you ladies be interested in a friday night or saturday night multi pic virtual crop challenge??? We could set it up to chat and scrap some Friday evening and see how many pages we can flood the gallery with at the end of the crop?????

That sounds like fun!

Frau_Cooney
Idol
Frau_Cooney
In response to Aumommie

First time embedding... These are layouts from a few years ago. I'll be uploading more recent ones soon. I particularly like the 5 photos in the Olympia layout looking like the olympic rings!

Wedding By Frau_Cooney

Honeymoon
By Frau_Cooney

j3Mel
j3Mel 
Idol
j3Mel
  • j3Mel on 08-06-08 10:57 AM
In response to Aumommie

WOW there are already 15 involved in this thread. Glad to see that many. I really didn't think there were that many multi pic scrappers here after trying to find you guys in the gallery. I was going to do links in the opening post but I think it is easier to link from the gallery link under our names. If anybody knows a better way to do this, let me know.

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia

1. where are you from?
Misery...er...Missouri. I'm near the Kansas City area, though.

I started when my son was born in 1998, so, ten years this year!

Either or. I haven't been to a crop in ages, though. I sometimes have a girlfriend over for croppin' and chick flicks. (It's easier than packing up my Lappy, Cricut, and all my toys to go elsewhere anymore.)

My kids and their firsts, our cat, special events, every day moments...anything, really...my DH doesn't particularly care to be a subject of a LO, but I've sneaked him into a few.

5. current projects?
Two circle journals, one for Virtual Crop Weekly (VCW) and the other for Ayers Rock, and my Christmas cards.

I have been accused of being silly. I finally embraced it years ago. I'm known as the Queen of the One-Liners. I'm a crowned Bling Princess of VCW, a member of Tink-Hildur's Bling Court. So while I do multi-pic LOs, those LOs more often than not have bling somewhere on them.

j3Mel
j3Mel 
Idol
j3Mel
  • j3Mel on 08-06-08 11:00 AM

• BlingQueenRia Said:
  • j3Mel Said:

That sounds like fun!

my other idea is everybody just chat in this thread (just like we are already doing wink wink) and flood the gallery on a certain day of the week. Say Sunday evening is the multi pic flood night. That way when you bring up the gallery to browse, there should be quite a few multi pic, multi page layouts all grouped together.

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia

Here's some of my multi-pic work!

Fourth of July, Page 1
By BlingQueenRia

Fourth of July, Page 2
By BlingQueenRia

Vacation Bible School
By BlingQueenRia

Field Day
By BlingQueenRia

Castle Scrapper
Diva
Castle Scrapper

• Frau_Cooney Said:
Hi MClark,

I recognize your Cedar point layouts. You left a comment in my gallery a few days ago! Thanks for that.

I love amusement parks and crave a visit to Cedar park. It's the Mecca of amusement parks! Maybe someday!

Jane

Oh yes, Cedar Point is the motherland to all coaster lovers! We enjoyed it.

j3Mel
j3Mel 
Idol
j3Mel
  • j3Mel on 08-06-08 11:18 AM
In response to Castle Scrapper

so we have St. Louis and Kansas City both represented which means I'm in the middle, CROP AT MY PLACE. no need to bring ALL your toys. We'll compare notes to see what I already have.

gayle3131
Idol
gayle3131
In response to j3Mel

RUN! By Gayle3131
This lo belongs with another, but I didn't upload it.
It's one of my 1st and very plain, but I like it.
Maybe 'cause it was the favorite place for the kids for about 4 years.

1. where are you from? Whitecourt, Alberta
2. how long you been scrappin'? Only since last Oct.
3. scrap in a group or at home alone? All by myself
4. favorite subject to scrap? My kids. I started scrapping our vacation pics, now I'm on to completing books for my 2 kids. They're 20 and 18, I've got my work cut out for me!
5. current projects? Just completed a book/Princess for my niece's b day. I won't start scrapping till the fall, but I'm starting on renovating the basement into a scrap room. Yah, I won't have to move my stuff all the time!!
I need to find some other people as addicted to scrapping as I am!!!

Falling Leaves By Gayle3131 The Process pics By Gayle3131
Here's a couple more. They also have a lo to go with, just didn't take the pic together.

animemama
Veteran
animemama
In response to gayle3131

I'm in, too! The minimum number of photos I'm happy using on a layout is 3 (though I'll use two or one if that's all I have). My feeling is, the more the merrier! And more photos tell the story better.

1. where are you from?
Arizona
10 years this October
Home alone - I prefer to be alone, and I'm so ADD, if there's anything at all going on around me I can't get anything done!
Whatever's next in the pile of photos Anything from pictures of me as a toddler to my cat to beach photos to my boys (age 19 and 12). I have the hardest time with recurring holidays, especially Christmas and Easter.
5. current projects?
An album of a year my family spent in Germany in 1978-79, pictures from my boys' baby and toddler years, and I've got a bunch of current pictures waiting. I just got 151 prints of photos from our vacation, and intend to scrap every one of them! (That's the 151 best of the 438 I took off my camera )
I believe that the most important rule in scrapping (besides never doing anything permanent to a photo of which there is no duplicate - imagine cropping that one-of-a-kind baby picture of grandma too small!) is to scrap in a way that makes you happy and is meaningful to you. Multi-photo layouts, to me, are more interesting and tell a more complete story (plus they're a better use of supplies). So whatever the trends may be, I'm sticking to what I love.

Edited by animemama on 08-06-08 11:58 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia
In response to gayle3131

I like your dinosaur LO, Gayle! Great job!

j3Mel
j3Mel 
Idol
j3Mel
  • j3Mel on 08-06-08 12:10 PM
In response to animemama

• animemama Said:
I'm in, too! The minimum number of photos I'm happy using on a layout is 3 (though I'll use two or one if that's all I have). My feeling is, the more the merrier! And more photos tell the story better.

1. where are you from?
Arizona
10 years this October
Home alone - I prefer to be alone, and I'm so ADD, if there's anything at all going on around me I can't get anything done!
Whatever's next in the pile of photos Anything from pictures of me as a toddler to my cat to beach photos to my boys (age 19 and 12). I have the hardest time with recurring holidays, especially Christmas and Easter.
5. current projects?
An album of a year my family spent in Germany in 1978-79, pictures from my boys' baby and toddler years, and I've got a bunch of current pictures waiting. I just got 151 prints of photos from our vacation, and intend to scrap every one of them! (That's the 151 best of the 438 I took off my camera )
I believe that the most important rule in scrapping (besides never doing anything permanent to a photo of which there is no duplicate - imagine cropping that one-of-a-kind baby picture of grandma too small!) is to scrap in a way that makes you happy and is meaningful to you. Multi-photo layouts, to me, are more interesting and tell a more complete story (plus they're a better use of supplies). So whatever the trends may be, I'm sticking to what I love.

I so agree. yes, I occasionally take a picture of nieces/nephews that I feel deserve a page of their own but those layouts usually end up on the wall instead of in the scrapbook.

I do wish publishers and design teams would give more credit to the multi picture scrapper. I have all but given up on any kind of contest or publishing call because they seldom if ever pick a multi pic layout. It is always about the supplies used instead of the story told/presented. That is another reason I'm not good a things like design team calls. When I get supplies, I take them home and put them up where I can find them or they are organized the best. I seldom know or care which manufacturer made the paper I'm using. If it looks good with my pics, I use it. I honestly hope that in 50 years the only things anybody notices in my albums is the story about my family the picture tells. Most of the manufacturers will be forgotten by then, but not our family memories.

Mama2Thomas
Pro
Mama2Thomas
In response to j3Mel

1. where are you from?

San Diego, California

a little over a year

alone, I would just socialize in a group setting... lol.

My little boy!

5. current projects?

Just trying to complete my DS's first and second year albums. I recently found my parents' album of me and my little brother growing up. It's in horrible condition, so I would like to turn it into a scrapbook one day.

Here is my most recent LO... between moving homes and getting settled in the new place, this LO took me almost 2 weeks to complete... yikes!

Featuring Binky - Limited Time Only By Mama2Thomas

Edited by Mama2Thomas on 08-06-08 01:26 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

j3Mel
j3Mel 
Idol
j3Mel
  • j3Mel on 08-06-08 12:16 PM
In response to Mama2Thomas

aaaaaaaawwwwwwwww what sweet pics. love the background and border.

animemama
Veteran
animemama
In response to j3Mel

LOL, and now that I've joined this group I'm sitting down to do a (rare) 1-pic layout. It's of me and my husband's first big move from one city to another, early in our marriage, and before we left we got our nice little elderly neighbor lady to take a picture of us holding a cardboard carton with the cat in it. I really wish we had more pictures from that day, but we were too busy trying to find the cat, who spotted the U-Haul truck and realized something was up and didn't want anything to do with it. Oh well, at least it's a good story. The one-photo layouts I like the least are the ones with a generic face close-up and some generic, sappy quote, no explanation as to why the picture was taken or what was going on, sometimes they don't even have a name or date on them! If it's worth making a layout about, it's worth going to the trouble of saying something interesting, know what I mean?

j3Mel
j3Mel 
Idol
j3Mel
  • j3Mel on 08-06-08 12:22 PM
In response to j3Mel

Here's one I got 16 pics on 2 pages on.

Labor Day 2007 campout and trail ride By J3Mel

this trailride took 3 2 page layouts to get them all included. Most of the journaling was on the first layout. This one is pretty self explanatory. Lots of pictures from the trail.

j3Mel
j3Mel 
Idol
j3Mel
  • j3Mel on 08-06-08 12:27 PM
In response to animemama

• animemama Said:
LOL, and now that I've joined this group I'm sitting down to do a (rare) 1-pic layout. It's of me and my husband's first big move from one city to another, early in our marriage, and before we left we got our nice little elderly neighbor lady to take a picture of us holding a cardboard carton with the cat in it. I really wish we had more pictures from that day, but we were too busy trying to find the cat, who spotted the U-Haul truck and realized something was up and didn't want anything to do with it. Oh well, at least it's a good story. The one-photo layouts I like the least are the ones with a generic face close-up and some generic, sappy quote, no explanation as to why the picture was taken or what was going on, sometimes they don't even have a name or date on them! If it's worth making a layout about, it's worth going to the trouble of saying something interesting, know what I mean?

i agree. Even if I'm doing a layout of a special picture I try to put dates and locations on them. If it something to be framed I don't always put a name on it just because if it is a gift they are probably going to know who it is. I occasionally get a picture that is just a snapshot. Not something taken for any reason, just a snapshot....but those usually don't get scrapped. I love taking random shots of my nieces and nephews just hanging out at my house and playing but seldom scrap them as a single. I'll put all of them together on a page and talk about them coming to visit.

I did do one that is in my gallery of my nephew playing at my house one night. I found a quote that just fit it so perfectly so I played with it for a challenge. It was a 5 x 7 pic and I gave the finished layout to my brother and SIL. He is just to cute to not take pics of (as if you can't tell if you check out my gallery - sorry, lots of single pics in there but he is just a sweetie!)

j3Mel
j3Mel 
Idol
j3Mel
  • j3Mel on 08-06-08 12:30 PM
In response to j3Mel

so do you ladies have a dedicated scraproom, dining room table scrapper or out of totes scrapper??

Frau_Cooney
Idol
Frau_Cooney
In response to j3Mel

[quote=j3Mel When I get supplies, I take them home and put them up where I can find them or they are organized the best. I seldom know or care which manufacturer made the paper I'm using. If it looks good with my pics, I use it. I honestly hope that in 50 years the only things anybody notices in my albums is the story about my family the picture tells. Most of the manufacturers will be forgotten by then, but not our family memories.

I completely agree! I have tons of name brand things and couldn't tell you the brand of most of it! If it matches what I'm working on it's in!

Frau_Cooney
Idol
Frau_Cooney

I have a card table that I scrap on in the basement family room. I have supplies in some nearby cabinets and (much to my husband's chagrin) all over the pool table! So, not a scraproom, but not totes and the kitchen table either!

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper
In response to KellyCali

1. where are you from?
5. current projects?

My name is Terri and I live in East Texas.
I have been scrapping for 7 years
I mainly scrap at home now because noone around me scraps like I do (sound familiar?)
I used to scrap monthly with a group when I lived in SE Texas
My favorite subjects are to scrap my son (22 Sr. at Texas A and M) and things my husband and I do. I also love to make cards!
My current projects include my ongoing book of my son, a christmas ornament book telling the story of all my ornaments on my tree and a holiday recipe book.
I am a multi photo scrapper who only occasionally spotlights a single photo on a page. Most all my LO's are doouble page spreads-- I HAVE TO HAVE the two pages coordinating
I think this "support group" is a great idea-- I am dropping my subscriptions to CK because other than a few pages with sketches by Becky I don't seem to find much help for my habit as it is LOL

I scrap at a huge L shaped desk my DH built for me but we are remolding the old family home (DIL passed away in March) and when we finish We will have an office/scrap ROOM! I am so excited!!!!

Edited by terrihooper on 08-06-08 01:08 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

j3Mel
j3Mel 
Idol
j3Mel
  • j3Mel on 08-06-08 01:13 PM
In response to terrihooper

guess I should answer my own question. I have a dedicated scraproom. I got lucky. Two years ago we put a bedroom in the basement for DD. She needed privacy from little brother. Last summer hubby put a "window" in the wall between her old bedroom and the living room and I moved in. I have my own room but I'm still included in the family activities (movie night etc) if I want to scrap.

animemama
Veteran
animemama
In response to j3Mel

• j3Mel Said:
so do you ladies have a dedicated scraproom, dining room table scrapper or out of totes scrapper??

I have a dedicated wall, LOL. I have an 8-foot folding table, a re-purposed printer cart and some plastic drawers along one wall in our spare room. I share the space with the elliptical trainer, the Christmas decorations, and some old toy bins. It's not very fancy, but at least it's my own space where I can keep my stuff and leave my projects out.

Lori_B
Lori_B 
Idol
Lori_B
In response to KellyCali

I usually do tons of pics in a LO or DLO. I want to join! I'll come back in a bit to read all of the thread, post a few of my multi-pic pages and fill out the intro questions.

wendella247
Veteran
wendella247

Hi everyone! I'm glad to know this thread is here. I do mostly multi-photo pages, although I have done quite a few with only one or two. I am definitely a photo taker (came home with 1600 digital photos from our trip to Australia this year!)and love to use a number of pics to tell my story and to remember occasions by. So, I guess this is a good place for me, huh?

Here are my answers to the little get-to-know questions:

1. Where are you from? First 40 yrs. NYS, the rest--Phoenix, Arizona (actually I'm in Glendale, AZ--a neighborhing city--if you watch American Idol, you might remember that's where Jordan Sparks is from!)

2. How long you been scrappin'? 3 1/2 yrs. officially, although I've done craft and photo projects most of my life.

3. Scrap in a group or at home alone? Home alone, or with my 6-yr-old DGD who is learning to be a pretty good little scrapbooker!

4. Favorite subject to scrap? My granddaughters, family outings, and trips we've made.

5. Current projects? Ongoing pages of my granddaughters and a mini-album for my sister. Soon I'll be starting on a new vacation album. Oh, and I'm making an altered picture frame for a friend using scrapping supplies.

6. Feel free to add whatever you want.....My family sometimes gets tired of me always having a camera in their face, but they do enjoy going thru my albums when they come over, so they put up with me!! I think my DIL is even staring to get interested in scrapbooking!

I'm glad I found this thread and hope to be able to upload pictures of my pages when I can. I look forward to seeing yours too!

Wendy

Aumommie
Diva
Aumommie
In response to Lori_B

I have a "hole" in the basement. There is the back half of our basement that is not finished, DH put up peg board and some countertops and that I where I "live"!!!

Aumommie
Diva
Aumommie
In response to Aumommie

Here are a few LO I've done. The one of my neice was from a scraplift challenge-- I think

Pretty as a princess By Aumommie

Here comes Lightning By Aumommie

Disney Title page
By Aumommie

Mikeys summer
By Aumommie

Mikeys summer By Aumommie

The last 2 are a 2 page LO in my DS's summer book from last year.

Edited by Aumommie on 08-06-08 02:02 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

wendella247
Veteran
wendella247
In response to j3Mel

Sounds like that would be fun.

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to j3Mel

• j3Mel Said:

I have a scraproom (aka storage supply room). I say that because I tend to bring a lot of my supplies downstairs to scrap at my diningroom table (because it's larger)...Then, when I'm done with my larger projects & if I'm lucky, I try and put it all away.

Shutterbugg
Idol
Shutterbugg
In response to KellyCali

I do mostly 2 pagers with many pictures. My trick to getting lots of photos on the LO's is to keep them as clean and clutter free as possible, because to me, the pictures and story and most important.
Here are a few:

Ft. Gordon, Georgia By Shutterbugg

An Khe Vietnam By Shutterbugg

Fort Worth Museum By Shutterbugg

wendella247
Veteran
wendella247
In response to animemama

• animemama Said:

1. where are you from?
Arizona
10 years this October
5. current projects?

Looks like we have a few things in common. Arizona--and we're gals who like to take lots of photos, for starters! What part of Arizona are you from? I live in Glendale and work in Scottsdale.

Wendy

wendella247
Veteran
wendella247
In response to j3Mel

• j3Mel Said:

I have a little area I call my scrapping "nook" (although my family calls it my "inner sanctum," 'cause I don't like them messing around in there unless invited!) My nook is at the back end of my living room, behing a couch. It consists of stackable craft cubes and rolling carts in a u-shape with one end open to go in and out from (area is about 8 x 6, I'd say.) Everything is set up so I can stand and scrap, which is how I like to work. I do have to keep it neat (or cover the main workspace with a decorative blanket in emergencies!)because you can see it if you get far enough into the room. I'd love to have an entire room, but this way, it's more accessible to my DH, who is often either in the office right next to me or close by watching TV. And, it probably forces me to be a little better at clean up than I'd be if I could just close a door!

scrappingaddict
Pro
scrappingaddict
In response to wendella247

I don't have time to post pics right now but feel free to check out my gallery. I have only done single pic los once and that's because the situation called for it. All other work is multi-pic, double los which is what I enjoy the most.

scraprabbit
Queen
scraprabbit

I haven't gone through all the posts here yet, but I'd love to join! I love multi-pic lo's and am always looking for more design ideas. I'm usually a minimalist when it comes to embellies. I'll do the little survey thing and then I'll catch up on the reading and the lo's you've been posting.

1. I'm from MN.
2. I've been scrapping for about 6-7 years.
3. I scrap at home alone mostly. I do have a room for it so it's easier than hauling it somewhere.
4. My favorite subject to scrap is everything! Me, dh, our bunnies, friends, family, etc.
5. I'm currently working on some old wefest (country music festival) pics from 2006 and then some more current stuff.

SB1280
SB1280 
Mayor
SB1280
In response to scraprabbit

My suggestion about linking the galleries to the first page: I would just add everyone's name that has decided to participate in this and then link their gallery next to their name. It would be easy access for us instead of searching through pages and pages of posts to find someones gallery.

(Question - so do you ladies have a dedicated scraproom, dining room table scrapper or out of totes scrapper??)
I am in the process of moving and in our new house I will have a dedicated scrap room I'm so excited about it!!!

cindy312
Diva
cindy312
In response to scraprabbit

1. where are you from?
California (near Napa)

As long as I can remember! I have albums from middle school and I'm 36 years old now.

I do 99% of my scrapping at home alone. Tonight is a very rare night I'm headed to a friend's house for a crop.

My 2 year old son.

5. current projects?
I always have a ton of projects going at once, but the one I'm most excited about is a page I'm submitting for CK's "Becky's Sketch." And yes, it's multi-picture! Becky is good about that. She could join our group. ;)

I'd love to have any of you visit my gallery. I'll stop by yours as I'm able. I think the idea of a 'support group' is great, as the industry does seem to favor single picture scrapping which just isn't realistic in my world.

Oh, and to answer the other question: I have a dedicated scraproom. It's my favorite place in the house.

Cindy

Aumommie
Diva
Aumommie
In response to cindy312

Cindy your avi is sooooo cute!!!

KatieJo
Governor
KatieJo
In response to Aumommie

Hi. I do a lot of multi-picture LO's and several 2 pagers too. Although I don't demand matching facing pages, I don't like them to clash.

Let's see...

1. I'm from the flood ravaged Cedar Rapids, Iowa. It has been kind of interesting here this summer to say the least.

2. I've been doing archival type scrapbooking since January of 2000. So... 8 1/2 years. I too started with my wedding album and became hooked.

3. I scrap mostly at home and do have my own dedicated room... it isn't much but I was brave enough to photo it and put it in my gallery.

4. My favorite subject to scrap is any of the many trips I have taken. (OK Truth is I don't get to travel that much, but I sure wish it was so.) But I also have scrapped my kitties, Christmas (every year), and the life stories of both my parents... to this point anyway. Obviously, I don't have my own kids... but I do borrow from friends and family sometimes and they are fun to scrap too.

5. My current project is my Colorado trip of 2005. (I am not a speedy scrapper, but I enjoy the process so that is OK)

6. I remember once looking through a scrapbooking magazine and finding a section that I was actually inspired by for a change. It didn't dawn on me right away why... until I read the title of the section. It was featuring multi-photo LO's.

Chlemen
Guru
Chlemen
In response to KatieJo

Question - so do you ladies have a dedicated scraproom, dining room table scrapper or out of totes scrapper??

I'm lucky enough to have my own room. It's suppose to have been a home office for both my husband and me, but it's basically all mine now:)

KatieJo
Governor
KatieJo
In response to Chlemen

This is my most recent multi-photo LO. There are officially seven photos on it - although one is smudged out here.

Colorado 2005 Trip By KatieJo

Edited by KatieJo on 08-06-08 06:07 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

peenut_23
Angel
peenut_23
In response to Chlemen

Here are my answers:

1. where are you from?
Ontario, Canada

Off and on since 2000ish - seriously since January 2008. Anything pre-2008 is NOT in my gallery!

I do both but quite honestly, now that I have my own scrap room, it's easier to do it at home!

My dd, Abigail

5. current projects?
I'm working on my dd's 2nd year .. and 3rd year I guess. She just turned 2. I also occasionally do heritage and other family layouts.

I have my own scraproom - dh is just doing the last coat of mud/tape. I am addicted to scrapbook shopping! I seem to have an endless amount of supplies yet cannot stop shopping?!
I am a sports freak and play a TON of soccer, am a personal trainer and a nutritional specialist ... but I work in IT! (the money is better!) I am looking forward to meeting you girls! :)

peenut_23
Angel
peenut_23
In response to peenut_23

Girls, I am going away tomorrow for an extra long weekend to the cottage which = no internet! I will be back next week to catch up on love! And to find MORE inspiration!

animemama
Veteran
animemama

• wendella247 Said:
  • animemama Said:

1. where are you from?
Arizona
10 years this October
5. current projects?

Looks like we have a few things in common. Arizona--and we're gals who like to take lots of photos, for starters! What part of Arizona are you from? I live in Glendale and work in Scottsdale.

Wendy

I'm in Tucson, but I grew up in Tempe.

Aumommie
Diva
Aumommie
In response to KellyCali

Forgot about this one. It is from My oldest son's 8X8 album from last summer.

I hope you dance --
By Aumommie

j3Mel
j3Mel 
Idol
j3Mel
  • j3Mel on 08-06-08 07:41 PM
In response to Aumommie

Wow ladies. I leave for a few hours and there are all kinds of posts.

I really don't think multipic, 2 page scrappers are as uncommon as the industry makes us think. We just don't post our layouts as much because we don't feel like we fit in. I'll try and work on links tomorrow in the opening post. I'm not sure how to do it but I will figure something out.

I won't be around most of the weekend but please everybody keep posting. I'll be busy taking more pictures so that I can fall further behind on my goal to get caught back up. You see, my mom and dad are celebrating their 50th anniversary on Saturday. It is their actual wedding anniversary and they are having a HUGE party - public reception, whole hog (2 actually) roast/dinner, and a dance with a live band. It may take me until about Wednesday of next week to recouperate but I will be back HAHA!!

I'm glad to meet you ladies. Keep the layouts coming!!

j3Mel
j3Mel 
Idol
j3Mel
  • j3Mel on 08-06-08 08:16 PM
In response to j3Mel

okay, I've been thinking about this for the past few hours and I have a plan. I know we all have lots of completed albums and are busy working on more and more layouts every chance we get soooooo..

since I live in the heart of MIssouri and have been watching everything around me flood since April/May I figure we can keep up the flooding but in a way I enjoy this time. We will declare Sunday evening flood night. We will flood the gallery with multipic, 2 page layouts just to prove that we, the "lots of pics, scrappin chicks" do exist.

I will try to think of mini challenges to post on MOndays. This Sunday night though, let's just see how many more multi pic layouts (either one or two page) we can hit the gallery with. Minimum 3 pics per page please (6 pics for a 2 pager).

Here's hoping I"m awake enough Sunday to post some of my own. These do not have to be new layouts you just completed - we've all been scrappin' like this for a long time and I know some of you have layouts you just haven't posted because you didn't think they fit in the gallery so now is the time to be loud and be proud!!

Just in case you haven't figured it out already, it doesn't take much effort on my part to be loud!! ahahahaaha

oh yeah, I also encourage humor in your daily/weekly/whenever you can get online posts.

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia
In response to j3Mel

I'm back from work...I don't have a dedicated scrap room. I have a section of wall in the dining room and use the dining table. Our dining room/living room is all one big room, so it's really very cozy. I'm out in the middle with everybody and able to still be with my family but do my own thing.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to j3Mel

Wow.....I open up my email today and find dozens of posts for this thread. How exciting!!

1. where are you from? San Francisco Bay Area
2. how long you been scrappin'? 4-5 years
3. scrap in a group or at home alone? Both, but primarily at home
4. favorite subject to scrap? My family, my cats
5. current projects? Baby album for a shower, DS's European album, our DC vacation, 2 unfinished projects from recent classes
6. feel free to add whatever you want..... I just finished a 21 page album as a gift for DS's school's PTO. I scrapped a total of 178 photos for those pages!

My cropping place is my dining room table. I also have storage in our kitchen, bedroom, upper hallway, and grown DS's bedroom. I get a LOT of exercise when I scrap, LOL!

Here are some of my favs from the school PTO sb that I just finished:

Fini By Luvmyfam

Say "Cheese" By Luvmyfam

School Scrapbook Halloween 2007, left By Luvmyfam

cindy312
Diva
cindy312
In response to Aumommie

• Aumommie Said:
Cindy your avi is sooooo cute!!!

Thanks! I've been thinking of updating it, since Trevor is now 2. But I like the picture and I'm always a little disoriented when other people change their avatars, so I'll probably leave it.

scrappingaddict
Pro
scrappingaddict
In response to j3Mel

1. where are you from? Originally from upstate NY but moved to Phoenix, AZ 9 yrs ago

2. how long you been scrappin'? I started in 1996 after a parent brought one of her albums in during one of our meetings. Parents with special needs would get together once a week (like a support group)

3. scrap in a group or at home alone? Mostly home alone. I did go to a crop once but it's difficult not to have everything at my fingertips!

4. favorite subject to scrap? I don't have one subject. I tend to love the first few pages of any subject but get run out of new ideas over time if I don't switch subjects

5. current projects? My wedding album then my honeymoon.

6. feel free to add whatever you want.....I scrap every picture I keep...I don't just choose a couple. My books are in chronological order and basically show you a time line of events in my life. I tend to have a simpleness to my los so I don't take away from the photos themselves.I am married to the greatest man on this earth and between the two of us, have four children. Babies are long gone for us as our youngest is already 9.I work 40+ hrs a week and then go home to additional work (cooking, cleaning, etc.) I tend to have minimal time to scrap

tammylee
Guru
tammylee
In response to j3Mel

I like to put more than one photo on a LO. Just depends on the subject of the LO how many photos go on it, I like to tell a story.

1. where are you from? Missouri
2. how long you been scrappin'? 3 years
3. scrap in a group or at home alone? alone
4. favorite subject to scrap? right now the kids
5. current projects? an everyday, every occasion album, and an album of my daughter.
6. feel free to add whatever you want..... just so you know it might take me a couple of weeks to get a LO done, or longer! LOL So the idea of a challenge every week, I just might get something done, LOL.

I really dont have alot of time to scrap. Life gets in the way. 2 teenagers, a sick mom, work fulltime, just doesnt leave much room for fun things. KWIM?

We are currently under contract to sell our house. Before we had a buyer we moved all the extra stuff/furniture to new house to make the house look and feel bigger for potential buyers. Well, that included my scrappin desk and scrappin supplies, so no scrappin for me for a couple of more weeks.

j3Mel
j3Mel 
Idol
j3Mel
  • j3Mel on 08-07-08 08:45 AM
In response to tammylee

I have come to the conclusion my fowl mood today is because it has been over a week since I have handled any pictures/paper/embellishm ents for ME projects. I work full time as well but right now it is really slow so I fill my boring time at work on here. Hubby set my scraproom up so anytime we are at home I can scrap in between all the mundane daily stuff that has to be done (laundry, dishes etc). Even when we have family time it usually entails DD and I in the scraproom while DH and DS pick the movies/games etc we all watch together. Too bad with two teenagers in the house the family time keeps getting less and less.

Aumommie
Diva
Aumommie
In response to j3Mel

I think that sould be our first challenge. Maybe you don't complete a LO but sometime during the week find time for you!!!!!! Maybe plan out a Lo or just sit in your scrap area and look at all the pretty colors!!!!

Then again for most of us that is the challenge everyweek. We are getting ready to ramp up again and somehow I never took that one afternoon a week for me this summer. Hmmmmm

Edited by Aumommie on 08-07-08 08:58 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

j3Mel
j3Mel 
Idol
j3Mel
  • j3Mel on 08-07-08 09:35 AM
In response to Aumommie

hey that is a good idea. I'll think about that and add some more to it as well. I already have an idea brewing!!

So it is Thursday.....do any of you have major plans for the weekend??? Back to school shopping maybe??

Let's chat!!

Aumommie
Diva
Aumommie
In response to j3Mel

Well my oldest has been in NYC with my parents for the last few days and will get home this weekend with my parents. DH has been gone for most of the last 2 weeks and he will get home on Saturday. So its mostly going to be a family reunion of sorts. I'm hopeing to finish getting my scrap area back together finally. We had a line burst on our water softener and spray water all over my scrap area. Still trying to recover from it. Also getting my oldest ready for hockey tryouts this coming week. We don't start school until Sept 2nd and I did my supply shopping through our PTO so I am just about done!!!

wendella247
Veteran
wendella247
In response to scrappingaddict

• scrappingaddict Said:
1. where are you from? Originally from upstate NY but moved to Phoenix, AZ 9 yrs ago

2. how long you been scrappin'? I started in 1996 after a parent brought one of her albums in during one of our meetings. Parents with special needs would get together once a week (like a support group)

3. scrap in a group or at home alone? Mostly home alone. I did go to a crop once but it's difficult not to have everything at my fingertips!

4. favorite subject to scrap? I don't have one subject. I tend to love the first few pages of any subject but get run out of new ideas over time if I don't switch subjects

5. current projects? My wedding album then my honeymoon.

6. feel free to add whatever you want.....I scrap every picture I keep...I don't just choose a couple. My books are in chronological order and basically show you a time line of events in my life. I tend to have a simpleness to my los so I don't take away from the photos themselves.I am married to the greatest man on this earth and between the two of us, have four children. Babies are long gone for us as our youngest is already 9.I work 40+ hrs a week and then go home to additional work (cooking, cleaning, etc.) I tend to have minimal time to scrap

What part of NY are you from? And where in Arizona do you live now? I'm also originally from NY and now live in Arizona!

beach girl 73
Guru
beach girl 73
In response to j3Mel

• j3Mel Said:
hey that is a good idea. I'll think about that and add some more to it as well. I already have an idea brewing!!

So it is Thursday.....do any of you have major plans for the weekend??? Back to school shopping maybe??

Let's chat!!

I will be attending a couple of steering meetings for my mom's group this weekend. We start up again the first week of Sept., so have to get some stuff done for that. Hopefully, I will also, finish a Disney LO I've been working on and also complete another LO for the August Use Your Supplies Challenge which is due Sunday evening. Nothing too exciting, but lots to do.

tammylee
Guru
tammylee
In response to beach girl 73

Big plans?? Yep! We are going to a rodeo and the entertainments afterwards is Gary Allan. Excited!

tammylee
Guru
tammylee
In response to beach girl 73

• mylittlesweetpea Said:

I will be attending a couple of steering meetings for my mom's group this weekend. We start up again the first week of Sept., so have to get some stuff done for that.

What is a steering meeting?

tammylee
Guru
tammylee
In response to Aumommie

• Aumommie Said:
I'm hopeing to finish getting my scrap area back together finally. We had a line burst on our water softener and spray water all over my scrap area. Still trying to recover from it.

Sorry that happened to you!

sbartist
Governor
sbartist
In response to tammylee

The majority of my LO's are multi photo 2 pagers, it would be great to bounce multi photo LO's off of others.

And in response to the short questionnaire:
1. where are you from?
Lakewood, WA

Since I was in JHS back in the 70's!

Most of the time at home and I do host free crops when time allows (no I do not sell any products)

Lately it has just been vacations, because as soon as I finish one book, we have taken another trip somewhere.

5. current projects?
My current project is an 8x8 Tall Ships Festival book - can't get too may photos on an 8x8. I am hoping to finish by Monday of next week before we leave on vacation, but I have not scrapped since this past Sunday and am feeling behind again.

By day I am a wife, mother, legal assistant and taxi service for my DS who will be a sophomore in HS. His wrestling activities keep us very busy, especially during wrestling season (summer practice just finished last night), so we get a break until November.

I will link some multi photo LO's in my next post.

sbartist
Governor
sbartist
In response to sbartist

Here are some LO's:

Grand Canyon By Runs With Scissors

Vacation Checklist By Runs With Scissors

Montezuma Castle By Runs With Scissors

Mat Action - Pin to Win By Runs With Scissors

Natural Bridge - VA By Runs With Scissors

Discover Grand Canyon By Runs With Scissors

Broken Arrow By Runs With Scissors

Shore Break By Runs With Scissors

I have tons more if you want to surf.

And when I am bored at work (like today), you will find me here too.

j3Mel
j3Mel 
Idol
j3Mel
  • j3Mel on 08-07-08 11:16 AM
In response to tammylee

• tammylee Said:
Big plans?? Yep! We are going to a rodeo and the entertainments afterwards is Gary Allan. Excited!

take me take me.......not only do I like rodeos......Gary Allen makes me melt when he sings.....

I have my parents anniversary party this weekend. Hope the band is as good as mom claims they are cuz I'm ready to cut loose!!!!!!

wimpygirl
Veteran
wimpygirl
In response to sbartist

Hi all, I went out for a while and this thread is flooded with multi's. What a super idea!! I posted on the original thread and now will catch up --
where you from? Kentucky, Near Paducah

Scrap in group or alone? mostly alone, only been to one scrap, too busy looking & talking

favorite subject to scrap? Grandchildren, My spoiled rotton cats.( More entertaining than tv.)

current projects, making cards, my lo,s are not suiting me, but I just have to scrap something. LOL I am totally addicted!!!!!!!

I am retired, I love to golf, when it is not 100 degrees. I have been married all my life to the same man!! We have 3 daughters and 6 gc.

How long have I been sbing? March,2008 I am a crafty kind of person and I was just going to do a sport album for my gs's senior year. Check out my gallery for lots of basketball, multi photo's, lo's. BUT, I got the addiction, and now in this short of time, I have my own room now for about 3 weeks. My husband has banned me from the sb stores for a while. I don't think he knows about BIG Lots!!! ( you did say use humor) didn't you. Will link some of my stuff at later post. This is going to be fun!!

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 08-07-08 12:42 PM
In response to wimpygirl

So happy I found this thread….:) I always knew there were others out there…

1. Where are you from?
Mocksville, North Carolina but originally from Milford,PA/Port Jervis, NY Area (and family is still up there so we are there a lot)

2. How long you been scrappin'?
Since my junior year of high school (about 10 years now)

3. Scrap in a group or at home alone?
Mostly home alone – I went to a crop once and got a lot done and loved the ideas (okay, and the fact that I could go buy things easily) while I was there. I want to do it again but I want to be a bit more organized before I go (so I don’t buy as much.)

4. Favorite subject to scrap?
Events. I don’t have kids and though I have a dog, I’m not into doing a whole bunch for her (actually I did my first layout of her ever, last year and we’ve had her for five years!) I would rather use the pictures to tell a story about an event than just pictures of people and things (which is maybe why I’m not a fan of one picture layouts?)

5. Current projects?
Avoiding my wedding album. ;)

6. So do you ladies have a dedicated scraproom, dining room table scrapper or out of totes scrapper?
I have a corner of our guestroom/office that serves as a scrap/writing/creative space.

I am a two picture per page minimum (and they better be great photos!) scrapper – really it’s more like 3-4 minimum. I just started doing two page layouts – most of the time I use coordinating papers for the event and however many pages it takes to tell the story is what I do. I would rather coordinate for the event. If it happens – great – if it doesn’t, I’m not going to worry about it.

I have to agree with you j3Mel. I buy my supplies and then put them how I’ll use them – I could care less what brand color/type as long as it looks good on my page. I want to make sure the story is told, not the brand of product. I looked at scrap magazines for awhile and then cancelled them since I would find one or two things in a 50 page magazine that appealed to me.

I’ve tried (abysmally) to do a one photo layout. I’m not an embellishment person in the sense of stickers and brads and stuff. If I have one photo I’ll find more “pictures” to add in from brochures or tickets to things or I’ll just do a lot of journaling. I've found that I can’t have a ton of white space – makes me crazy! But I've come to terms and have embraced myself as a story scrapper.

wendella247
Veteran
wendella247
In response to Crystal Lullaby

I just tried to embed some pics from my gallery, but I guess I need some help with that, 'cuz it didn't work. How do I do that?

Thanks.

Wendy

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam

• wendella247 Said:
I just tried to embed some pics from my gallery, but I guess I need some help with that, 'cuz it didn't work. How do I do that?

Thanks.

Wendy

I hope I have this in the right order.....but you open up the pic in your gallery and select "Imbed Picture", or something like that. The icon appears below the picture. Once there, change the option from the top option to the bottom one (the bottom one is for using on threads and it says that in the description). Then select the size you want. A code will appear in a box. Copy the code and paste here in your thread. HTH!

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to j3Mel

• j3Mel Said:

Let's chat!!

We're heading over to Pier 39 in San Francisco this weekend to play around and eat at Bubba Gumps. We're also going to catch a movie at some point. School starts already on Monday. I took DS to registration today.

Edited by Luvmyfam on 08-07-08 01:57 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Page 1 of 29 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics