Page 2 of 29 
Username Post: Lot of Pics Scrappin Chicks Support Group        (Topic#1465639)
wendella247
Veteran
wendella247
In response to Luvmyfam

• Luvmyfam Said:
  • wendella247 Said:
I just tried to embed some pics from my gallery, but I guess I need some help with that, 'cuz it didn't work. How do I do that?

Thanks.

Wendy

I hope I have this in the right order.....but you open up the pic in your gallery and select "Imbed Picture", or something like that. The icon appears below the picture. Once there, change the option from the top option to the bottom one (the bottom one is for using on threads and it says that in the description). Then select the size you want. A code will appear in a box. Copy the code and paste here in your thread. HTH!

Phew--thanks, I'll give it a try!

wendella247
Veteran
wendella247
In response to wendella247

Okay, I'm trying to embed picures of two of my pages again. Here goes (hope it works!):

Princess Madyson-rt.
By Wendella247

Princess Madyson-left
By Wendella247

I have several more multi-pic pages in my gallery if you want to check 'em out. They're mostly
from the first batch of pages I scrapped.

Wendy

wendella247
Veteran
wendella247

Yippee!!! It worked!! Thanks so much luvmyfam!

Wendy

beach girl 73
Guru
beach girl 73
In response to tammylee

• tammylee Said:
  • mylittlesweetpea Said:

I will be attending a couple of steering meetings for my mom's group this weekend. We start up again the first week of Sept., so have to get some stuff done for that.

What is a steering meeting?

A steering meeting is a leadership meeting. I don't know why, but they call the leadership team (I am the hospitality person) the steering team - maybe because the leaders steer the direction of the group. Only a guess.

beach girl 73
Guru
beach girl 73

• wendella247 Said:
Yippee!!! It worked!! Thanks so much luvmyfam!

Wendy

Wendy,
How did you embed more than 1 LO? I have tried that, but when I return to the post with another code, everything I already typed is gone. What am I doing wrong?

Susan

animemama
Veteran
animemama
In response to beach girl 73

I just finished two 5-photo/1-page layouts. I'm on a roll! Speaking of flooding the gallery, sometime can we flood the gallery with multi-photo 1-page layouts? 'cause I really don't like making 2-pagers I get bored. My ADD, let me show you it. (lolcats and cheezburgers, anyone?)
School starts Monday, and even though I only have one kid left at home and he's 12, it's still easier to get things done after school starts.

wendella247
Veteran
wendella247

Hmmm....I don't know. Let me try again with two more pics and see if I can see what I did that might be different from you...
Here's the first:

Mady Hatter-1
By Wendella247

Here's the second:

Mady Hatter-rt
By Wendella247

Are you switching back and forth from the little windows at the bottom--going between the post and your gallery, which is what I did? If both remain open until you have your links all loaded and then Add Post, it should work.

Before I add the post, I click on Preview to be sure it's the way I want it.

Hope this helps.

paperfan
Resident
paperfan

Hi - I posted on the original thread but I'm just joining in here...

1. where are you from? SW Ohio
2. how long you been scrappin'? About 1 1/2 years
3. scrap in a group or at home alone? Both
4. favorite subject to scrap? Travel and my dog
5. current projects? Several trips and a LO of my nephews that can be framed as a gift for my parents
6. feel free to add whatever you want.....Sorry I can't show you anything from my gallery but I haven't loaded anything there yet. I'm hoping to get to that this weekend if I can figure it out.

Aumommie
Diva
Aumommie
In response to paperfan

I had a coupon and was going to buy a book of sketches. Well after flipping through and every LO I looked at had 1 picture on it!!!!!! Saved me some money!!

KatieJo
Governor
KatieJo
In response to Aumommie

Hello again.

Well, I have a really exciting weekend lined up. I couldn't convince my DH to go to the State Fair or to an annual sweet corn festival (It is Iowa afterall) at one of the local churches.

So, I plan to get my hair cut and maybe go to M's to add to the things I just had to buy here (that's supposed to be arriving tomorrow). I really "need" a circle punch I think, and they mailed me a coupon.

I would rather go to see Gary Allan too. I love the Smoke Rings in the Dark. It's on my computer so I think I will play it now.

And I would like the Bubba Gumps too. Yummy.

wimpygirl
Veteran
wimpygirl
In response to Aumommie

How many of you have the crickit machine? I have not got one--yet! The only time I really want one badly, is when I want alpha's AND NEVER HAVE THE RIGHT SIZE. I have printed some off for free on Cannon site, but then there is cutting out. Maybe this winter when I am actually more involved.

wendella247
Veteran
wendella247
In response to wimpygirl

I have a Cuttlebug, with four sets of alpha diecuts (2 Cuttlekids, 2 Cuttlebugs, but they all work in the Cuttlebug.) I also have a bunch of shape diecuts and embossing folders, and I just LOVE it. I doubt I'll ever own a Cricut because I have so many things already for the Cuttlebug and couldn't justify the Cricut expense. But, I'm sure they're wonderful to have!

j3Mel
j3Mel 
Idol
j3Mel
  • j3Mel on 08-07-08 07:30 PM
In response to wimpygirl

• wimpygirl Said:
Hi all, I went out for a while and this thread is flooded with multi's. What a super idea!! I posted on the original thread and now will catch up --
where you from? Kentucky, Near Paducah

Scrap in group or alone? mostly alone, only been to one scrap, too busy looking & talking

favorite subject to scrap? Grandchildren, My spoiled rotton cats.( More entertaining than tv.)

current projects, making cards, my lo,s are not suiting me, but I just have to scrap something. LOL I am totally addicted!!!!!!!

I am retired, I love to golf, when it is not 100 degrees. I have been married all my life to the same man!! We have 3 daughters and 6 gc.

How long have I been sbing? March,2008 I am a crafty kind of person and I was just going to do a sport album for my gs's senior year. Check out my gallery for lots of basketball, multi photo's, lo's. BUT, I got the addiction, and now in this short of time, I have my own room now for about 3 weeks. My husband has banned me from the sb stores for a while. I don't think he knows about BIG Lots!!! ( you did say use humor) didn't you. Will link some of my stuff at later post. This is going to be fun!!

hehehehehe I love Big Lots but only get to go about once a year.

j3Mel
j3Mel 
Idol
j3Mel
  • j3Mel on 08-07-08 07:34 PM
In response to j3Mel

I have a craft robo. I can make titles and mats whatever size I want. It has a learning curve but it is worth it. I still have entirely too many foam and chipboard letters. I love having lots of choices around when I want to title something.

I finally finished all the projects for mom and dad's anniversary tonight so now I just have to make sure and get everything gathered up and to the hall tomorrow.

I won't be here much this weekend ladies but keep on chattin'. I'm lovin this group!!

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper
In response to j3Mel

Have a wonderful weekend!
TTYS

Castle Scrapper
Diva
Castle Scrapper
In response to Luvmyfam

Hi multi-pic chicks! I'm trying to check out everyone's galleries - got tons of ideas so far! Hope I'll get to them all soon!

wendella247
Veteran
wendella247
In response to Castle Scrapper

Hi everyone,

I've uploaded some more pages to my gallery. It's a slow process! I'm trying to start at the beginning of my scrapping in chronological order, so these are from one of the first two albums I was working on simultaneously. There are more pages about other topics in my gallery:

Picnic at Railroad Park-4
By Wendella247

Picnic at Railroad Park-3
By Wendella247

Picnic at Railroad Park-2
By Wendella247

Picnic at Railroad Park-1
By Wendella247

Thanks for looking!

j3Mel
j3Mel 
Idol
j3Mel
  • j3Mel on 08-08-08 06:46 AM

okay, ladies. I'm starting to work on putting links to everyone's galleries in the opening post. This will take some time for me so be patient. I have everyone's screen name written down and if your real world name is in your siggy I will include that. If you don't have a siggy please let us know your real world name and I will update after I get all the links finished. Counting myself, we have 31 ladies in this group!!

Frau_Cooney
Diva
Frau_Cooney
In response to sbartist

Hey runwithscissors,

I really like these layouts. They are really great design and definitely appeal to my sense of order and balance!

Great job!

j3Mel
j3Mel 
Idol
j3Mel
  • j3Mel on 08-08-08 07:45 AM
In response to Frau_Cooney

acu

links in first post should be working!!

godschild94
Governor
godschild94
In response to KellyCali

Ooh...love the idea of this challenge. Now I know where to look when I have lots of photos to scrap! I'm definately in!!!

scraprabbit
Queen
scraprabbit
In response to godschild94

I do tons of multi-pic lo's...feel free to check out my gallery. Here's some I did recently that I was really pleased with:

the scene (pg 1)
By Scraprabbit

Act 1 (pg 2)
By Scraprabbit

Intermission (pg 3)
By Scraprabbit

Act 2 (pg 4)
By Scraprabbit

j3Mel
j3Mel 
Idol
j3Mel
  • j3Mel on 08-08-08 08:24 AM
In response to scraprabbit

Hey Ladies. Believe it or not I found an article on two page layouts. This is actually a really good one on how to stretch a 1 page sketch into a 2 page layout.

Double the Fun

now I have some really good ideas on how to use ALL those pagemaps sketches I have printed out.

wendella247
Veteran
wendella247
In response to j3Mel

This is just fabulous. Thanks so much for getting this thread going and for adding these links. It'll be so nice and easy to check out everyone's new pages.

sbartist
Governor
sbartist

Here are some older multi-pic LO's in my gallery:

Remember Understand Honor By Runs With Scissors

American History...forever altered By Runs With Scissors

A Nation Remembers By Runs With Scissors

Service By Runs With Scissors
a day of Infamy - Pearl Harbor By Runs With Scissors

Serene / Frenzy By Runs With Scissors

4kowbabies
Expert
4kowbabies
In response to KellyCali

Can I join? I do digi scrappin' but I also have a ton of traditional (no pic.s on here though) that I have done... all are multi pictured.. I have to many kids to do just 1 pic. per page! lol

I am working on holiday's right now. I do 1 page for each boy and then I do a family page to go in the family book. So for 1 holiday I do 5-6 pages...

Edited by 4kowbabies on 08-08-08 09:04 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

sbartist
Governor
sbartist
In response to j3Mel

• j3Mel Said:
okay, ladies. I'm starting to work on putting links to everyone's galleries in the opening post. This will take some time for me so be patient. I have everyone's screen name written down and if your real world name is in your siggy I will include that. If you don't have a siggy please let us know your real world name and I will update after I get all the links finished. Counting myself, we have 31 ladies in this group!!

Thanks for doing this, makes it much easier to search.

sbartist
Governor
sbartist

• Frau_Cooney Said:
Hey runwithscissors,

I really like these layouts. They are really great design and definitely appeal to my sense of order and balance!

Great job!

Thank you - generally, I like to keep the focus on the photos, then journaling, then the rest of it follows.

sbartist
Governor
sbartist
In response to j3Mel

• j3Mel Said:
Hey Ladies. Believe it or not I found an article on two page layouts. This is actually a really good one on how to stretch a 1 page sketch into a 2 page layout.

Double the Fun

now I have some really good ideas on how to use ALL those pagemaps sketches I have printed out.

Great idea, thanks for the link.

wendella247
Veteran
wendella247
In response to j3Mel

This works so well. I can pop in and check out the other galleries so well now.

I think #10 and #11 are duplicates.

Thanks again for doing this!

beach girl 73
Guru
beach girl 73

• wendella247 Said:

Are you switching back and forth from the little windows at the bottom--going between the post and your gallery, which is what I did? If both remain open until you have your links all loaded and then Add Post, it should work.

Not sure what you mean by little windows at the bottom. How do you have both the post and your gallery open at the same time? Sorry for being so dense about this. Thanks for your help.

wimpygirl
Veteran
wimpygirl

The links are going to be great, I don't think my real name is in my siggy, but it is Sid
Is that what you want? and is it where you want it. I am a member of a group---how awesome! I hope i have added that correctly at the bottom of my siggy. I will know after this post.

scraprabbit
Queen
scraprabbit

• mylittlesweetpea Said:
  • wendella247 Said:

Not sure what you mean by little windows at the bottom. How do you have both the post and your gallery open at the same time? Sorry for being so dense about this. Thanks for your help.

Hope you don't mind me jumping in! You need to open two internet browser windows and then use one for your gallery while you're cutting and pasting and one for your reply box.

wimpygirl
Veteran
wimpygirl
In response to wimpygirl

guess I don't know how to add the link of Lots of Pics Scrappin Chicks. need some instructions, please.

Frau_Cooney
Diva
Frau_Cooney
In response to wimpygirl

Ok, so this may be a weird question, but if I were to look for this topic in a forum, where would I find it? I linked to it originally and saved in my favorites, so I don't know where it _lives_.

Frau_Cooney
Diva
Frau_Cooney

Hey J3mel,

YOu can add my real name to the list - Frau_Cooney is actually Jane.

Thanks!

scraprabbit
Queen
scraprabbit

• Frau_Cooney Said:
Ok, so this may be a weird question, but if I were to look for this topic in a forum, where would I find it? I linked to it originally and saved in my favorites, so I don't know where it _lives_.

If you look at the top of the page when you're here, there is a bar that says Location: ....
that'll tell you where you are. I copy and pasted the info below:

Scrapbooking Forums » Tips, Tricks, & Techniques » Critique Groups » Lot of Pics Scrappin Chicks Support Group

Mary W.
Expert
Mary W.

I would love to join if you have room for me! I have loved looking at everyone's layouts, and am getting some great ideas for my own! I look at the gallery here and sometimes wonder if I'm the only one who scraps this way! Now I know I'm not! I don't have many layouts uploaded right now because I always feel like they are not quite as good as everybody else's. But I'm going to load some this weekend now that I know I'm not alone in the way I scrap! I'm looking forward to seeing more of your work!

-Mary

wendella247
Veteran
wendella247
In response to Mary W.

Glad to have you join us. We'll be waiting to see the pages you upload. We all have our own style and it's fun to see what other scrappers do!

Here are a couple more of my early pages that I just uploaded:

Day at the Park-left-wsb
By Wendella247

Fun at the Park-rt-wsb
By Wendella247

beach girl 73
Guru
beach girl 73

• scraprabbit Said:
  • mylittlesweetpea Said:
  • wendella247 Said:

Hope you don't mind me jumping in! You need to open two internet browser windows and then use one for your gallery while you're cutting and pasting and one for your reply box.

THANK YOU , THANK YOU , THANK YOU, SARAH! I'm going to try that right now!

daisygirl2
New Kid On the Block
daisygirl2
In response to Luvmyfam

1. where are you from?
Northeast Ohio

2. how long you been scrappin'?
6 or 7 years

3. scrap in a group or at home alone?
Mostly at home but love to get together with a group.

4. favorite subject to scrap?
Fall & Family

5. current projects?
Family album & Husband's past mission trips

6. feel free to add whatever you want.....
I'm so glad to find others like me who love multi-picture 2 page LO.

beach girl 73
Guru
beach girl 73

Okay, trying this embedding thing....

Here are some of my multi-pic LO's:

Bonneville
By Mylittlesweetpea

Castle
By Mylittlesweetpea

Colonial Park Cemetary
By Mylittlesweetpea

What a Bunch of Characters
By Mylittlesweetpea

The Happiest Place on Earth
By Mylittlesweetpea

TFL!

beach girl 73
Guru
beach girl 73

Yeah! It worked!

Frau_Cooney
Diva
Frau_Cooney

Here are a couple I uploaded tonight (Don't worry, I'll still splash the gallery on Sunday!)

200th Hash
By Frau_Cooney

Uinversal Rides
By Frau_Cooney

Spanish Point, Ballybunion, & Cliffs of Moher
By Frau_Cooney

KatieJo
Governor
KatieJo

Wimpy girl, have you figured out how to link to here quickly now? If I understand your question right... just adding this place to your favorite topics will get you here most easily. Then you go to your profile page and find "My Favorite Topics" and click on that to find this topic listed. Is that what you wanted? Or something else?

wimpygirl
Veteran
wimpygirl
In response to KatieJo

Thanks for asking, Katie jo. I wanted to put the direct link to( lots of pics scrappin chicks) on my signature page-- some people have a direct link to their blog. I have our group listed on sig page. but don't know how to make it a click away for anyone.

Aumommie
Diva
Aumommie
In response to wimpygirl

When you change your siggy line -- click the link button, cut and paste the link for here, then type the title you want.

Scrapbabbit --- Love the Lo that were done like a play, Must go add that to my favs!!!

godschild94
Governor
godschild94
In response to Aumommie

• Aumommie Said:
I generally don't like 1 picture LOs -- They seem to be more about the embellies than the photo and story that goes with it. I am a picture freek -- I filled a 1G memory card in 3 days with DH family on our lake Vaca. I took well over 1000 photos at Disney last year. There is no way to scrap them 1 or 2 to a page. I would love some new creative ideas on how to get more photos on a page.

I am so with you on taking tons of photos. I just got back from Disney and I have about 2,000 photos to scrap from that trip. I did recently complete an album (well it's actually 3 physical albums) with my almost 1,000 Disney photos from a trip 2 years ago...lots of multi-pic pages and ideas if you want to check it out. Also there is a great theme park/Disney challenge thread here at sb.com ...the ladies are wonderful and the ideas and challenges are super fun.

http://www.scrapbook.com/forums/showtopic.php?tid/14429...

Anyways, hope you have a wonderful weekend and I can't wait to see your pages.

godschild94
Governor
godschild94
In response to j3Mel

1. where are you from?
Fort Wayne, Indiana
Since 2000 so 9 years. I started my Senior year of high school after going on a Disney trip with my family.
I love to scrap in a group but I have way too much stuff to go to crops, so I either invite people over or scrap by myself.
Disney!!!
5. current projects?
Christmas 2006 and wanting to start an acryllic album from a vacation to the lake last year.
I am a single girl who spends her days teaching elementary school special education and her evenings hanging out with friends or scrapbooking. I spent my summer vacation scrapbooking and going on vacation to Disney World with my family.

Favorite scrapbooking products include Bazzill cardstock...the only brand of cardstock I buy, tons of patterned paper , Thickers (so fun!), and any other embellishment I can find.

godschild94
Governor
godschild94
In response to Luvmyfam

ACU to page 4...will get all the way caught up later...right now I am off to scrap my own photos. First a single photo, then lots of pics on one page with Christmas!

KatieJo
Governor
KatieJo

Glad you got your answer Wimpygirl. I have been scoping out the galleries just kind of willy nilly. They are so inspiring. I am loving them. Much more like my real style. They make me feel so much more at home here finally. Gonna to have to keep checking out those galleries... and then probably start all over again come Sunday.

scraprabbit
Queen
scraprabbit

I was just looking through some of my bookmarked sites and found a sketch site that has some nice 2-pg spreads using lots of pictures. I thought you might enjoy it. http://scrapsuzy.typepad.com/sketches/

Also, on the left side of her blog she has them sorted by how many pics on a 2-pg spread.

Edited by scraprabbit on 08-09-08 05:01 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

4kowbabies
Expert
4kowbabies

May I join since I digi scrap. I have books finished of traditional though if I need to post those...

beach girl 73
Guru
beach girl 73

• scraprabbit Said:
I was just looking through some of my bookmarked sites and found a sketch site that has some nice 2-pg spreads using lots of pictures. I thought you might enjoy it. http://scrapsuzy.typepad.com/sketches/

Also, on the left side of her blog she has them sorted by how many pics on a 2-pg spread.

Awesome site! Thanks for sharing!

MortyK
MortyK 
Resident
MortyK
In response to j3Mel

If there's a vacancy, I'd like to be in here too.

1. where are you from? Queensland, Australia
2. how long you been scrappin'? since Nov 2001
3. scrap in a group or at home alone? mostly alone, but I hold a regular crop day. We meet at a local cafe every second Friday, scrap for a few of hours, then have lunch. It's a nice day out.
4. favorite subject to scrap? my kids and family
5. current projects? albums for my children\grandchildren - heritage - BOM
6. feel free to add whatever you want.....Am I the first Aussie to join this little group? BTW, I love seeing all the pics you gals have been posting here. I'm off now to check out all those links

Edited by Morty_BD on 08-09-08 10:59 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

wimpygirl
Veteran
wimpygirl
In response to MortyK

been looking around and this is awesome site for multi's http://scrapsuzy.typepad.com/sketches/
thanks for sharing

Mary W.
Expert
Mary W.
In response to wimpygirl

I"m just popping in to say hi! I have to get off this site, get some bills paid, throw some laundry in, then I can come back and play! I plan to upload some layouts today then hopefully get into my room and get some scrapping done. I stopped by a new LSS (well, new to me) yesterday and picked up some really nice paper that I'm dying to use! So if I am a good girl and get all my work done, I can go play! I'll be back later!

-Mary

raindancer
Governor
raindancer
In response to KellyCali

1. where are you from?
I've lived in a lot of places.. but currently I am in a "suburb" of Philadelphia. I'm getting used to it, it's been a year now. It was a HUGE adjustment from South Florida and I hated it for the longest time.
2. how long you been scrappin'? hmm.. I always kept memory books..but not with photos..just paraphanelia (did I spell that right?).. I started scrapbooking "officially" after DS was born, nearly 11 yrs ago now.
I am a home alone girl. I don't know anyone who scraps here.. nor do I know where I'd go to group scrap since I'm in no mans land as far as LSS are concerned. But even in FL with a multitude of LSS nearby, I'd only do a crop once every other month or so. All the chatting women is too distracting. I like to scrap..not necessarily socialize if you KWIM.
My children, of course. I really want to get caught up on my family album so I can start a few other projects that I'm itching to start. Namely, a BOM and a heritage album that eventually I'll want to get copied and distributed to all my family members.. that's a big project!
5. current projects?
Family album. I'm 4 years behind, just finishing August of 2004. I desperately wanted to finish 04 this summer. I doubt that will happen though. Just too much to cover. And since I am now into after the birth of DD.. I have twice the subjects and twice the number of LOs I want to do, it seems.
I love sb.com and all of the wonderful supportive ladies here!

raindancer
Governor
raindancer
In response to j3Mel

• j3Mel Said:
I can't do it this weekend but would any of you ladies be interested in a friday night or saturday night multi pic virtual crop challenge??? We could set it up to chat and scrap some Friday evening and see how many pages we can flood the gallery with at the end of the crop?????

Honestly, I'm not sure how that would work..and I'd be lucky to get one 2 pg spread finished..but I'm game.

KatieJo
Governor
KatieJo
In response to raindancer

Hi. I finally got six LO's added. They are really old and look a bit different than my current style... but I still like them well enough. So, I've done some for the challenge at least. Now, I can go off and play... or maybe clean... tough decision.

Edited by KatieJo on 08-10-08 08:02 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

raindancer
Governor
raindancer
In response to j3Mel

• j3Mel Said:
so do you ladies have a dedicated scraproom, dining room table scrapper or out of totes scrapper??

I am a total out of tote scrapper. I used to be a dining room table scrapper when we were in an apt and I could see the TV from the "dining area".. now I scrap in my bedroom floor so I can watch Law and Order reruns..lol..well, that is if I can wrestle the remote from DH. Otherwise, I'm stuck watching Survivorman or some variation of that. His latest thing is the ice truckers show. Jeez. At least the Most Dangerous Catch show was mildly interesting.. but the ice truckers..ahh.. just put me out of my misery.

raindancer
Governor
raindancer
In response to KatieJo

• KatieJo Said:
Hi. I do a lot of multi-picture LO's and several 2 pagers too. Although I don't demand matching facing pages, I don't like them to clash.

Let's see...

1. I'm from the flood ravaged Cedar Rapids, Iowa. It has been kind of interesting here this summer to say the least.

2. I've been doing archival type scrapbooking since January of 2000. So... 8 1/2 years. I too started with my wedding album and became hooked.

3. I scrap mostly at home and do have my own dedicated room... it isn't much but I was brave enough to photo it and put it in my gallery.

4. My favorite subject to scrap is any of the many trips I have taken. (OK Truth is I don't get to travel that much, but I sure wish it was so.) But I also have scrapped my kitties, Christmas (every year), and the life stories of both my parents... to this point anyway. Obviously, I don't have my own kids... but I do borrow from friends and family sometimes and they are fun to scrap too.

5. My current project is my Colorado trip of 2005. (I am not a speedy scrapper, but I enjoy the process so that is OK)

6. I remember once looking through a scrapbooking magazine and finding a section that I was actually inspired by for a change. It didn't dawn on me right away why... until I read the title of the section. It was featuring multi-photo LO's.

I'm so sorry for the suffering you and your neighbors have endured this summer. I was in a flood once..not nearly at the same level of destruction as that and it was one of the most terrifying experiences I've had. Hope things are getting better for you all.

BTW, I love your avi.. kind of a creepy pic..reminds me of the movie the mummy for some reason.

wendella247
Veteran
wendella247

I had to chuckle at little. When I looked at your collection of pages here, I thought one of mine had gotten in there by mistake. I did a layout using the same Sleeping Beauty's Castle papers and although it's totally different from yours, at first glance at the borders, I thought it was mine!

That's what I love about this hobby--there's no limit to creativity and variety. We started with the same paper, but got different results!

Here's my dps:

Our Sleeping Beauty Mady-dps
By Wendella247

wendella247
Veteran
wendella247
In response to KatieJo

• KatieJo Said:
Hi. I Now, I can go off and play... or maybe clean... tough decision.

Ha, ha, ha!!! Love your way of thinking!

raindancer
Governor
raindancer
In response to wimpygirl

• wimpygirl Said:
How many of you have the crickit machine? I have not got one--yet! The only time I really want one badly, is when I want alpha's AND NEVER HAVE THE RIGHT SIZE. I have printed some off for free on Cannon site, but then there is cutting out. Maybe this winter when I am actually more involved.

I have a cricut. Bday present. Its cool in that you can print out stuff that would take you forever to hand cut.. but you have to buy lots of different cartridges (who uses the same font in every LO?).. when you add up the cost vs what you get out of it.. I don't know if I think it's worth it. Esp if you're just getting it for the alphas. I don't bother with anything but the alphas..it is cool however to be able to cut a perfect circle up to 12" diameter. Circles are such a pain in the butt to cut. Again, I don't really know if I think its worth the $$ you have to spend.

raindancer
Governor
raindancer

• scraprabbit Said:

ooh. Nice sketch site. I have a ton of different sketch sites that I cruise when I need inspiration. Is it ok to post the links though? Not sure.

raindancer
Governor
raindancer

ok.. I'm ACU with reading. Now I can go think about the page I want to put together.. I love a rainy Sunday!! It gives me the perfect excuse to scrap.

scraprabbit
Queen
scraprabbit

• raindancer Said:
  • scraprabbit Said:

ooh. Nice sketch site. I have a ton of different sketch sites that I cruise when I need inspiration. Is it ok to post the links though? Not sure.

As far as I know, it's ok. I don't think links to blogs are a problem unless they're selling sb things, and I didn't notice anything like that on hers. If not, I'll just beg forgiveness from the mighty Megan with a mop.

mrsstacy85
Veteran
mrsstacy85

Hi! Count me in too I just found this thread and think it's great. Lately I've tried doing one pic layouts, but I always gravitate back to the multi-pic layouts- they're my fave.

1. where are you from?
way northern California

almost 4 years

usually home alone with my music on

family

5. current projects?
an album of the first year that my now hubby and I dated.

Funny Faces
By Mrsstacy85

Water Fall
By Mrsstacy85

Happy Halloween
By Mrsstacy85

Ben and Ken
By Mrsstacy85

KatieJo
Governor
KatieJo

OK let's see... obviously didn't get off and running on my fun making... wendy

And thank you for your concern about our flood troubles Adrienne. It is still not very pretty here but some things are finally getting "back to normal". FEMA (although better than its Katrina response) has managed to bumble some big things in the way of temporary trailer housing again. And Congress is ignoring our call for aid entirely right now. They took five weeks of vacation instead. Don't mean to be too negative, but it is frustrating.

As for Cricut, I've tried it, but I was thinking too that I don't think I would use it very much if I owned it. Doesn't help that cartridges are so expensive. Maybe you could do what my MIL has done, get your workplace to buy one and then borrow it and invest in your own mats, and cutting blades, and a few cartridges if necessary. Seems to work for her.

Well.... I think that I am indeed off to play now... not too far from here is that sweet corn festival I've mentioned already. Sounds like something fun to do to me.

beach girl 73
Guru
beach girl 73

• wendella247 Said:
I had to chuckle at little. When I looked at your collection of pages here, I thought one of mine had gotten in there by mistake. I did a layout using the same Sleeping Beauty's Castle papers and although it's totally different from yours, at first glance at the borders, I thought it was mine!

That's what I love about this hobby--there's no limit to creativity and variety. We started with the same paper, but got different results!

Here's my dps:

Our Sleeping Beauty Mady-dps
By Wendella247

Thanks for sharing your LO using this paper. It IS so neat to see how others have used the same products and accomplished something comepletely different that I might not have ever thought of.

Stopped by your gallery and left some love!

Mary W.
Expert
Mary W.

Here is a two-pager that I just finished. My style is pretty simple. For me, it's all about the pictures and the story. I guess that's why I use so many pics on a page!

Lakeside left
By Mary W.

Lakeside right By Mary W.

-Mary

godschild94
Governor
godschild94
In response to wimpygirl

• wimpygirl Said:

I have a cricut (the little one) and I love it to bits. I use it all the time, especially for titles and scalloped circles. (I just can't get enough of them right now!) I originally bought it because they came out with the Disney cartridges right before I started my last Disney album and that was it...I had to have it. And I am so glad I did! The pages turned out so cute and I used the cartridges over and over again....definately got my money out of it. I also love how you can make letters in any size and any color you want without pressing down on a die-cutting machine like the QuicKutz a bazillion times. I also like the variety of the fonts on most of the cartridges...there are usually 4-5 different variations of the font on the cartridge so you are definately getting your money worth. Anyways, if you have any questions about it, please feel free to ask and hope you are having a great weekend!

godschild94
Governor
godschild94
In response to j3Mel

• j3Mel Said:

Double the Fun

Ooh great ideas! Thanks for sharing!

wendella247
Veteran
wendella247

Hello ladies!

I have a few questions, as I just started posting to this site recently.

1. Is there a way to move photos from one album to another on this site? I created one for my older pages and one for my recent ones, but I'm not sure I want to keep it that way. Any way to move some without re-uploading and filling in all the info. again?

2. I can't get my signature to come up on my posts. I thought I did it right. Is there a trick to it? (DISREGARD this one--I went in and unchecked something and now I see it's here!)

3. What is the best way to get general "help" on this site without always going into a forum like this one? I hate to bother you guys on this site for questions, but I don't know where else to go.

Thanks for your help!

Edited by wendella247 on 08-10-08 12:46 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

KatieJo
Governor
KatieJo

Well, we tried to go to the sweet corn festival but there was no parking available. My DH will not/cannot walk very far either... so...
Guess I'm back here again trying to get going on the Colorado sb album again... not that either this place or doing that is so bad reallly.

Wendy... to answer your album question. First of all, if you want to make more albums... you click the "albums" tab at the top of your gallery. Then you click "manage albums". It will give you the option of creating others. Then, you have to go to each LO that you want to move and click the "Edit" button below it. Beneath the LO's will then be the choices of albums. Check the one you want it to be in. Don't forget to hit submit once you have finished doing that. If you just want to combine them all to one album. Just go into the LO's and do the editing part. HTH.

As for questions about technical stuff around here... I don't think anyone minds... but the Beginning Scrapbook Heading is a good place to go for Megan's tutorials. The get started spot at the very top has a lot of information in it.

Edited by KatieJo on 08-10-08 02:15 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

cindy312
Diva
cindy312
In response to KatieJo

OK, I'm not exactly "flooding" the gallery, but it's Sunday night and I just posted my *one* latest LO... with multiple pictures, of course. Here it is:

The Story of Boo
By Cindy312

Cindy

wendella247
Veteran
wendella247
In response to KatieJo

Been busy flooding the gallery with multi-photo pages today. Here are some more:

Biosphere, AZ-2004
By Wendella247

Jeff's 2nd Visit from Australia
By Wendella247

Aussie Jeff's Visit - 2-pg. layout
By Wendella247

Mary W.
Expert
Mary W.

Well, it looks like we got a few multis loaded today. I would have done more, but my scrapping time got interrupted! That's okay because it was an old friend from high school that I've reconnected with through Myspace. We had a lot of catching up to do! Maybe I can get more done during the week!

-Mary

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to wimpygirl

• wimpygirl Said:

I have the baby Cricut and I just love it. I use it quite a bit. The more cartridges I buy, the less I buy prepackaged letters and embellies. In the long run, this will be quite a savings for me.

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to Luvmyfam

jci.

p.s. Looks like lots of new pics & posts to see!...I'll have to come back in order to catch up!

Keep Care!

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper
In response to KellyCali

Here's are LO's from me you ladies have a good week!

sbartist
Governor
sbartist
In response to terrihooper

We have been preparing last minute stuff for vacation, so I didn't get as many 8x8 pages done today as I would have liked. Tomorrow we are headed to work and Tuesday we are off to Hawaii, so I most likely will not be checking in until our return, because I will be enjoying some real surfing instead of internet surfing.

Cowabunga scrappers!

Frau_Cooney
Diva
Frau_Cooney
In response to cindy312

Cindy -

I love "The Story of Boo" layout. Clean lines, and a great way to do journaling. Thanks for sharing!

Jane

Frau_Cooney
Diva
Frau_Cooney

I splashed the gallery tonight!

Go Lotsa Pics Scrappin Chicks!

tammylee
Guru
tammylee

Boy I had a busy weekend! I havent been on the computer till just now.

We went to the rodeo and the concert after was great! I heard it was sold out. It is a 4 day rodeo event and a concert each night. Saturday was sold out too. We only went on Friday, I am getting too old to handle going all 4 nights, LOL.

Lets see if I can do this.....it doesnt have to be new right? Cause all my stuff is packed up anyway, ughhh.

Jennifer 06
By Tammylee" title="
Jennifer 06
By Tammylee"Jennifer '06

ok, there is some extra words here, but hey I got my picture embedded! COOL!! lol

Croppin4Christ
Guru
Croppin4Christ
In response to tammylee

Let's get to know each other:

1. where are you from? Dallas Texas
2. how long you been scrappin'? 8 years
3. scrap in a group or at home alone? Both. My favorite person to scrap with is my neice, Teresa.
4. favorite subject to scrap? My children
5. current projects? August Use Your Scraps Challenge; Baby books for children
6. feel free to add whatever you want..... I love to scrap!!! I use as many pictures as I can. I always do 2 page layouts and I don't mind using more than 2 pages for an event. I put my books together chronilogically, although I scrap haphazardly.

cpowife
Mayor
cpowife
In response to Croppin4Christ

1. where are you from? Right now, Yorktown, Va. Military=moving quite a bit. lol
2. how long you been scrappin'? just about 2 years now.
3. scrap in a group or at home alone? home alone. I think I would talk to much at a crop and not get anything accomplished.
4. favorite subject to scrap? My family
5. current projects? I am currently working on school albums x2 and 1999 year in review album.
6. feel free to add whatever you want.....My hubby got me into scrapping. He bought me a bunch of supplies one Christmas to get started. I am a military wife who is fixing to go through deployment #7 in the next month, so i may not be on here very often from now until then, and a mom of two teenagers. I normally do 2 page lo's with lots of pics, unless I just don't have very pics for a particular page, which doesn't happen very often.

cpowife
Mayor
cpowife
In response to cpowife

Good morning ladies! I am going to try and come back on here later and catch up and go through some galleries. I prob. will not be on here very much for the next month. My hubby is fixing to deploy and we are spending a lot of family time together. Please don't think that i forgot about you guys. I promise I won't. I have to take my son to football practice right now, so hopefully, I can catch up a little when I get home from that. Hope you ladies have a great day!!

Castle Scrapper
Diva
Castle Scrapper
In response to cpowife

I uploaded some multi pic layouts yesterday afternoon - might have done it too early!

I hurt my back this week, and I'm having a hard time sitting up in a chair for more than a few minutes, so no new pages to load, just uploaded some older ones I had pictures of already.

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper
In response to Castle Scrapper

I have a stupid question-- Are we supposed to flood the thread on Sunday's or our gallery?

j3Mel
j3Mel 
Idol
j3Mel
  • j3Mel on 08-11-08 04:40 AM

hey ladies. I'm back. I'm exhausted but I'm back. I'll try to catch up the opening thread sometime today. Have to catch up on the small pile on my desk first though. Looks like there were a few layouts posted over the weekend that I need to catch up with also.

cindy312
Diva
cindy312

• terrihooper Said:
I have a stupid question-- Are we supposed to flood the thread on Sunday's or our gallery?

The gallery, so that anyone who looks at the gallery sees lots of multi-photo LOs and learns that we're out there and we do good work!

Cindy

j3Mel
j3Mel 
Idol
j3Mel
  • j3Mel on 08-11-08 05:31 AM
In response to j3Mel

It's the Monday challenge:

Haven't had much time to think about this one this weekend. I'm too old to be partying like that. It was fun though. Let me give you a little background to my challenge for this week. My mom and dad celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary on Saturday. They have been farmer's all their lives so we did all the decorations using barnwood and old farm implement pieces etc. We made easels out of the implement parts and nailed pictures onto barnwood pieces for centerpieces. (pics in my gallery). Going through 60+ years of pictures was pretty amazing and displaying almost 200 of those pictures was time consuming but soooo worth the effort. My sister made a dvd of the pictures set to music and played it all day. Between watching the dvd and the printed pictures, so many memories were shared. It was so neat to hear people say......I'd forgot about that....do you remember....omg, look at grandpa here....etc etc - you get the picture. So here is my challenge.

Most of us try to scrapbook as regular as possible but how many times have you grabbed one of those completed albums on the shelf to look at your previous work? When is the last time you took 30 minutes of "me" time and just straightened out you scrap space, went through your stuff for inspiration??

So this week's challenge is INSPIRATION!!

If it has been a while since you had the chance to scrap, sit down, go through some of your stuff, jot down some ideas!! You don't actually have to scrap. I have found sometimes just going through a drawer of stuff, I find goodies I forgot I had and it inspires me!! Just take a breather and gather your bearings. Sometimes all it takes is 30 minutes to get the scrappin bug again.

If you scrapbook regularly, clean off your scrappin' spot, organize that stack of leftover embellishments you've been meaning to put away, sort through your pics and remind yourself why you want those beautiful shots in an album. Take 30 minutes and don't worry about the dishes in the sink or the clothes that need to be folded!!

Everybody - spend 1 evening looking through completed albums. Get inspiration from you old layouts. Scraplift YOURSELF. Jot down ideas for new variations on old layouts supplies.

I think we are all looking at school starting in a couple of weeks. If you are lucky enough to be a stay at home mom that means you might have a few minutes in the day to actually enjoy all your stuff. If you are a working mom, that means that your evenings are going to be busy and you need this few minutes to stop and take a deep breath. I know we are spending this week getting ready for the school year - my daughter takes Senior pics on Wednesday and then we are off to the races next Tuesday with the first day of school. I really want to take a few minutes this week to remind myself there is a reason for the effort I put into their albums. In just 10 short months I will be having a graduation party and having her albums for everyone to go through will be a highlight for her. She has already told me she will help me keep her senior year caught up if I need the help. The albums are already priceless to her. That is all the inspiration I need to keep working on them.

Let us know what you find as you meditate on all those completed layouts, albums, pictures and supplies. What inspires YOU to scrapbook?

(man that is a long winded challenge - I'll try to abbreviate next week. Just been thinking lots about this kind of stuff the last week!! oh and the photographer/my best friend that we hired for mom and dad's party took over 1000 pictures throughout the reception/dinner/dance SAturday - just think of the fun I"m going to have making THAT scrapbook!!!!)

cindy312
Diva
cindy312

• Frau_Cooney Said:
Cindy -

I love "The Story of Boo" layout. Clean lines, and a great way to do journaling. Thanks for sharing!

Jane

Thank you Jane. That's nice of you to say.

Cindy

Chlemen
Guru
Chlemen
In response to cindy312

Mel, great challenge. I so need to clean my desk, and go through my stuff!

I did manage to do a lo, and post in my gallery last night. I will check-out as many gallery as I can today as soon as I finish my class work;(

Have a great week everyone!

Frau_Cooney
Diva
Frau_Cooney
In response to Chlemen

I have a jump start on this week's challenge. I had recently resolved to get all my albums photographed and up into my gallery, so I have looked at them all fairly recently. But I haven't _really_ looked at them, ya know? So I'll definitely revisit a few of them!

Thanks for the challenge!

GMFTS
GMFTS 
Governor
GMFTS
  • GMFTS on 08-11-08 09:46 AM

OK Mel - I want to join. I did two lo's this weekend both of which are multiple photo los. I haven't loaded them yet so I can't link here.
And I think I already did the challenge. I went through my albums a couple of times in the last week - just because and also for some inspiration/scraplift ideas.

scrappingaddict
Pro
scrappingaddict
In response to j3Mel

Great job starting this group! My name is Ann Marie but I answer to Ann M since there are other Ann Marie's floating around here. Love this group since I'm always looking for multi pic lo ideas.

Chantal Miller
Pro
Chantal Miller
In response to scrappingaddict

I'd Like to joins as well. I do multipic single pages. I can't do only nine LO's in an album

Page 2 of 29 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics