Page 3 of 29 
Username Post: Lot of Pics Scrappin Chicks Support Group        (Topic#1465639)
Chantal Miller
Pro
Chantal Miller
In response to Chantal Miller

1. where are you from? Johannesburg, South Africa
2. how long you been scrappin'? 4 years
3. scrap in a group or at home alone? Both
4. favorite subject to scrap? My daughter
5. current projects? Finishing off my 2007 album
6. I like to fill my page with photos journaling and a title. I use very few trendy embllishments. Brads, turns and MM clips are a staple

j3Mel
j3Mel 
Idol
j3Mel
  • j3Mel on 08-11-08 11:04 AM

acu with links. We now have 40 members. Don't know if we want to limit how many links we put in the opening post or not. I guess I'll keep posting until I'm out of room to put them in.

I hope I have everybody's link posted. Thanks for sharing ladies. I'm hoping to get a chance to check out some new layouts tonight.

ClaraD
ClaraD 
Veteran
ClaraD
In response to j3Mel

Count me in too ... what a great idea to start a group!

1. where are you from? Windsor, Ontario, Canada (directly across the border from Detroit, MI)
2. how long you been scrappin'? 9 years
4. favorite subject to scrap? My kids, family events & outings
5. current projects? 2008 Family Album

wimpygirl
Veteran
wimpygirl
In response to ClaraD

Hello to all, I did a multi lo yesterday, but i STILL CAN'T link it to post. I guess I am
doing something wrong. Hope everyone is enjoying looking at all the lo's, I AM !!!

Edited by wimpygirl on 08-11-08 11:39 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Croppin4Christ
Guru
Croppin4Christ
In response to wimpygirl

I added lots of layouts to my gallery today. I realized I didn't have any of my multi pic layouts in there!! I only had a baby book that I did for a gift and a few special single pics that I did for contests or just because my daughter is beautiful!!!

Enjoy.

Aumommie
Diva
Aumommie
In response to Croppin4Christ

I love the challenge this week. It may be the kick in the pants I need to get things back in order after our basement mishap earlier this summer. (water and scrapbooking don't mix!!)

Once I can find my table top I will get some scrapping done. I have 3 albums ready to scrap, all pictures orgaized with paper etc, now to sit down and glue it together.

I did make some die cuts for my neice to use on her poster for the Jonas Brother's concert next week.

Edited by Aumommie on 08-11-08 02:54 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

wimpygirl
Veteran
wimpygirl
In response to Aumommie

I think it worked this time!!!!
This is lo I did this past weekend. tfl

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper
In response to wimpygirl

I have a head start on this week's challenge! Since school is going to be starting soon, I went through my supplies and cleaned out. I gave what I "culled" to a friend's daughters. SHe sb's and they always want to use her stuff--
I have also been taking pictures of the LO's in my albums to upload to my gallery. This has been a wonderful journey through my lo's!I can't just turn the page and take the picture-- I have to pause and look at them! It will take me a while but I will eventually get them all photographed and uploaded.

godschild94
Governor
godschild94
In response to Luvmyfam

This is a 2 pager with multi pics that I just completed...not totally sure if I love it but it is done.

Christmas Eve Memories
By Godschild94

And these are a few of my favorites from the gallery.

Till Family Christmas
By Godschild94

Cloudgate
By Godschild94
There are actually 8 pictures here. Each tab flips up to reveal a picture on the back too.

[url=http://www.scrapbook.com/gallery/image/layout/ 1547485.html][img]

Spectromagic Parade
By Godschild94

Kilimanjaro Safaris-Animal Kingdom
By Godschild94

The Festival of the Lion King
By Godschild94

Dr. Ruble's Gang
By Godschild94

Edited by godschild94 on 08-11-08 06:55 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Aumommie
Diva
Aumommie
In response to godschild94

Janeen -- Do you use page protectors ?? How do you make it so you can lift the flaps through the protectors?

wimpygirl
Veteran
wimpygirl
In response to wimpygirl

I am tryig to get the other page linked, it goes with the one titled Who let the dawgs out

It's all about SOCKs
By Wimpygirl

wendella247
Veteran
wendella247
In response to beach girl 73

• mylittlesweetpea Said:
Yeah! It worked!

Glad to see you got it figured out and inserted some of your pages, which are, by the way, terrific!

j3Mel
j3Mel 
Idol
j3Mel
  • j3Mel on 08-12-08 04:39 AM
In response to wendella247

I thought this might be kinda fun. I'm going to try and issue mini challenges on a daily basis. It will usually entail posting links to layouts in your own gallery but it may also include scavenger hunt type challenges where you have to find something in someone elses's gallery.

Mini challenge for August 12th.
Post your favorite multi pic (doesn't have to be multi page) layout from your gallery that uses charms.

Beauty and the Beast left side By J3Mel
Beauty and the Beast right side By J3Mel

mine is a two pager out of the wedding album I did for my brother and SIL as a wedding gift. Sorry the pictures are crappy. The words Beauty and Beast from the title are metal charms. I know there are only 2 pictures on this 2 page layout but they were 8 x 10's and I couldn't get anymore on the page. They were still some of my favorite layouts in the wedding album.

Edited by j3Mel on 08-12-08 04:40 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

wimpygirl
Veteran
wimpygirl
In response to Aumommie

Let the games Begin By Wimpygirl
these are 2 of my fave's multi's and so much fun to do! I only had the basic supplies to work with as this was my first scrap booking, now, that I have more supplies, I forget what I have.

Battle of Birds
By Wimpygirl

scraprabbit
Queen
scraprabbit
In response to wimpygirl

Great lo's everyone!

cpowife
Mayor
cpowife
In response to scraprabbit

Good morning ladies! I am all caught up, I think! lol. As far as where I scrap (asked a few pages back), I have a corner desk in my living room that goes almost to the ceiling that is all mine. it used to be the computer desk, but hubby decided the computer could go somewhere else so that i could have my very own "space".

I will try to post some lo's on Sunday. They may be older ones though. don't know how much free time I will get to actually scrap since hubby is now on leave before he deploys. I did the challenge though! Yay! I went and looke through all my goodies, found some that I had forgot about and looked through past albums. My family is def. what inspires me to scrap.

I still have quite a few galleries to go through. I made it to a couple of people's yesterday.

Croppin4Christ
Guru
Croppin4Christ
In response to j3Mel

I can't recall ever using charms!!! Will have to look through the books and see. I am more of a button person.

GMFTS
GMFTS 
Governor
GMFTS
  • GMFTS on 08-12-08 08:56 AM

1. where are you from? currently live in Western MA, have also lived in OR and most of my life in various places in VT
4. favorite subject to scrap? everything! kids, grandkids, heritage
5. current projects? general keeping up, dd's childhood album, heritage album, projects for classes I teach
6. To me journaling is just as important as the pix... without it later generations will be at a loss.
My whole house is my scrap room! Really though - I have a section of my spare bedroom for storage, scrap on my dining room table and have a craft table set up next to it for my cutter and clutter. The house I live in is old and short on closet space so a lot of my stuff is in scrap tote bags pushed up against walls around the dr and in the spare room...

GMFTS
GMFTS 
Governor
GMFTS
  • GMFTS on 08-12-08 08:56 AM

1. where are you from? currently live in Western MA, have also lived in OR and most of my life in various places in VT
4. favorite subject to scrap? everything! kids, grandkids, heritage
5. current projects? general keeping up, dd's childhood album, heritage album, projects for classes I teach
6. To me journaling is just as important as the pix... without it later generations will be at a loss.
My whole house is my scrap room! Really though - I have a section of my spare bedroom for storage, scrap on my dining room table and have a craft table set up next to it for my cutter and clutter. The house I live in is old and short on closet space so a lot of my stuff is in scrap tote bags pushed up against walls around the dr and in the spare room...

GMFTS
GMFTS 
Governor
GMFTS
  • GMFTS on 08-12-08 09:00 AM
In response to GMFTS

Kick
By Gramary
This one pager has lots of photos... including the ones in the flip book. Someone asked Janeen about using page protectors with these: I use them and cut a slit in the protector so I can pull the pages of the flip book to the outside.

I have also frequently used magnets to attach pix/journaling to the outside.

Chantal Miller
Pro
Chantal Miller

Here's mine.

Single Pager with a charm flower (Bottom Left) and the "M" charm on the (Bottom Right)

80 Today By Chantal Miller

raindancer
Governor
raindancer
In response to j3Mel

• j3Mel Said:
It's the Monday challenge:

Haven't had much time to think about this one this weekend. I'm too old to be partying like that. It was fun though. Let me give you a little background to my challenge for this week. My mom and dad celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary on Saturday. They have been farmer's all their lives so we did all the decorations using barnwood and old farm implement pieces etc. We made easels out of the implement parts and nailed pictures onto barnwood pieces for centerpieces. (pics in my gallery). Going through 60+ years of pictures was pretty amazing and displaying almost 200 of those pictures was time consuming but soooo worth the effort. My sister made a dvd of the pictures set to music and played it all day. Between watching the dvd and the printed pictures, so many memories were shared. It was so neat to hear people say......I'd forgot about that....do you remember....omg, look at grandpa here....etc etc - you get the picture. So here is my challenge.

Most of us try to scrapbook as regular as possible but how many times have you grabbed one of those completed albums on the shelf to look at your previous work? When is the last time you took 30 minutes of "me" time and just straightened out you scrap space, went through your stuff for inspiration??

So this week's challenge is INSPIRATION!!

If it has been a while since you had the chance to scrap, sit down, go through some of your stuff, jot down some ideas!! You don't actually have to scrap. I have found sometimes just going through a drawer of stuff, I find goodies I forgot I had and it inspires me!! Just take a breather and gather your bearings. Sometimes all it takes is 30 minutes to get the scrappin bug again.

If you scrapbook regularly, clean off your scrappin' spot, organize that stack of leftover embellishments you've been meaning to put away, sort through your pics and remind yourself why you want those beautiful shots in an album. Take 30 minutes and don't worry about the dishes in the sink or the clothes that need to be folded!!

Everybody - spend 1 evening looking through completed albums. Get inspiration from you old layouts. Scraplift YOURSELF. Jot down ideas for new variations on old layouts supplies.

I think we are all looking at school starting in a couple of weeks. If you are lucky enough to be a stay at home mom that means you might have a few minutes in the day to actually enjoy all your stuff. If you are a working mom, that means that your evenings are going to be busy and you need this few minutes to stop and take a deep breath. I know we are spending this week getting ready for the school year - my daughter takes Senior pics on Wednesday and then we are off to the races next Tuesday with the first day of school. I really want to take a few minutes this week to remind myself there is a reason for the effort I put into their albums. In just 10 short months I will be having a graduation party and having her albums for everyone to go through will be a highlight for her. She has already told me she will help me keep her senior year caught up if I need the help. The albums are already priceless to her. That is all the inspiration I need to keep working on them.

Let us know what you find as you meditate on all those completed layouts, albums, pictures and supplies. What inspires YOU to scrapbook?

(man that is a long winded challenge - I'll try to abbreviate next week. Just been thinking lots about this kind of stuff the last week!! oh and the photographer/my best friend that we hired for mom and dad's party took over 1000 pictures throughout the reception/dinner/dance SAturday - just think of the fun I"m going to have making THAT scrapbook!!!!)

Well, I spent some time organizing yesterday. And unfortunately it's led me to the conclusion that I need to go shopping! (eeks!) I have so much CS I will probably never run out. I have more prima flowers than I could ever need. tons of brads and ribbons. But thats it. I need patterned pp and I need some eye catching embellies.. I've realized that I need a lot of birthday themed "stuff" and I'm going to need some more Halloween stuff. Has Rusty Pickle released their new Halloween stuff yet? You know, I'm not sure if reorganizing was such a good idea after all...

j3Mel
j3Mel 
Idol
j3Mel
  • j3Mel on 08-12-08 10:01 AM
In response to raindancer

reorganizing always gives me inspiration. Besides, how are you going to complete layouts if you don't have what you need. I try to keep a running list above my scrapdesk of things I need to restock as I use them up but still run out of stuff. It is very disheartening for me to be so close to finishing up a great layout and be short some brads or run out of xyron .

raindancer
Governor
raindancer
In response to j3Mel

True, true.. but I've issued a nonspending order until the end of Sept... now I'm going to be so tempted to say heck with it and buy what I want anyway. Sigh.

raindancer
Governor
raindancer

Here's my charm LO for the minichallenge:

Down By the Sea
By Raindancer

Have a great day girls. I've got to run, both kids are getting impatient to go to the pool.. I'll check in later.

scrappingaddict
Pro
scrappingaddict

Here's my lo for the Charm Challenge:

Smiles
By Scrappingaddict

ALevy
ALevy 
Diva
ALevy
  • ALevy on 08-12-08 01:11 PM
In response to scrappingaddict

Oooh, Ooohh, can I play too???? I'm a multi-pic, multi-page scrapper too!!I've done some one pagers, but most of those were for challenges done here on sb.com . I definitely prefer 2 pagers. I love to coordinate!

Amy

Frau_Cooney
Diva
Frau_Cooney
In response to ALevy

I've come to the conclusion that there are a LOT of multipic scrappers here and we were all just too shy to post those layouts, thinking that single pics were preferred on the site. I am SO glad we all found each other!

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper
In response to j3Mel

• j3Mel Said:
Mini challenge for August 12th.
Post your favorite multi pic (doesn't have to be multi page) layout from your gallery that uses charms.

Here's mine--
It is the RHS of a LO I did when some friends and I scrapped at the beach!

KatieJo
Governor
KatieJo
In response to terrihooper

I don't have any charm LO's. I purposely don't put lots of dimension on my pages... although I do and can admire it on other people's LO's. Just not my style as much.

The other challenge is no challenge at all since that is ALL I've managed to do all summer. My challenge might be better... do some real work around the house this week.

Such a stick in the mud huh?

But I am enjoying checking out all the galleries and LO's. Trying to leave a few comments as I go.

Expert
In response to KatieJo

I would love to join if you still have room...I do not have but 2 in my gallery (one of which is an 87 pic 1 page lo that I did as a grad present for my niece) that qualify ...they just did not seem that popular...recently i have tried a few 1 pic lo's but it is just not my style...i have done several 3-4 page lo's as well...hope you have room:)

godschild94
Governor
godschild94
In response to Aumommie

• Aumommie Said:
Janeen -- Do you use page protectors ?? How do you make it so you can lift the flaps through the protectors?

I cut slits in my page protectors with an exacto knife. Here are the instructions.

1. Put your page in the page protector.
2. Use a ruler and a grease pencil to draw a line where you need to cut through the page protector. Be sure to make it a bit longer than your actual object. (I use a grease pencil because I can wipe it off when I am done.) The cut goes where the crease/fold is.
3. Pull out your page from the page protector. Slide in a cutting mat and use your exacto knife and a ruler to cut the page protector.
4. Wipe off the grease pencil marks and then slowly slide your page back into the page protector and the interactive part of your page through the slit.

*Note: This technique works better on the thicker type page potectors. With thinner page protectors , you may need to reinforce the edges with a small stitch or tape. Experiment with what works best for you and start making your pages more interactive and including more photos on your pages.

Also another fun way to add more pictures to your pages is a pocket. My favorite ways to make a pocket are either sewing on the page or using Scotch double sided foam tape around the edges.
Here are a few of my favorites.

Wilderness Lodge
By Godschild94
I have about 10 extra pictures here in the pocket on the top right of the page.

Chicago Field Museum
By Godschild94

beach girl 73
Guru
beach girl 73

Here's my newest multi-pic LO, that I made for the theme park challenge. Had hoped to upload it Sunday night, but got busy. TFL!

Fantasyland
By Mylittlesweetpea

Have a great evening!

cindy312
Diva
cindy312
In response to KatieJo

• KatieJo Said:
I don't have any charm LO's. I purposely don't put lots of dimension on my pages... although I do and can admire it on other people's LO's. Just not my style as much.

Ditto!

beach girl 73
Guru
beach girl 73
In response to cindy312

As for the charm challenge, I have some charms, but haven't used them yet. Hmmm... that sounds like a challenge.

4kowbabies
Expert
4kowbabies

Ok, I do digi. right now. I do have books of Traditional scrapped if you want me to add some of those, too.. I just started adding my digital to the gallery though... I took a short break...

Here is one with charms I just did:

halloween 4
By 4kowbabies

Edited by 4kowbabies on 08-13-08 04:22 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

4kowbabies
Expert
4kowbabies
In response to 4kowbabies

you all might make me break out the traditional stuff again! lol The reason I do digi is that in 2004 I switched my camera to digi, so from 2004 to present I do digi. All the pictures prior to 2004 are traditionally scrapped...well, are going to be traditionally scrapped... I have a good start on them though. i start with the holidays first and then I will work on each individial childs book when I am done with that...

ALevy
ALevy 
Diva
ALevy
  • ALevy on 08-13-08 04:46 AM

1. where are you from? Des Moines, IA
3. scrap in a group or at home alone? Both (but not much of either lately!)
4. favorite subject to scrap? vacations, annual events
5. current projects? sadly....none....no mojo!
6. I've tried the one pic LOs, but they just never look right to me. I love how some of them look, I just can never get them to turn out that way! I've always been drawn to the 2 page LOs. I have an area in the basement (see gallery) that I use to scrap in. It works out good, cuz I can spread out. I've also had 3 other people in my area for crop parties.

Now to try to go back through and catch up!!

Oh and my real name is Amy.

ALevy
ALevy 
Diva
ALevy
  • ALevy on 08-13-08 04:58 AM
In response to ALevy

Here are a few of my LOs...

Girls Weekend
By ALevy

Love Through the Years - Full Layout
By ALevy

St Patty's Day - 2006 - Full Layout #2
By ALevy

St Patty's Day - 2006 - Full Layout #1
By ALevy

Independence Day - 2006 - Full Layout #2
By ALevy

Independence Day - 2006 - Full Layout #1
By ALevy

Iowa State Fair - 2006 Full Layout
By ALevy

Las Vegas - Secret Gardens - Full Layout
By ALevy

Las Vegas - The Strip - Full Layout
By ALevy

St Patty's Day - 2007 Full Layout#2
By ALevy

Las Vegas - HD Cafe - Full Layout
By ALevy

Okay...sorry to flood the post, I guess I had more than I thought I did!!

j3Mel
j3Mel 
Idol
j3Mel
  • j3Mel on 08-13-08 05:15 AM
In response to ALevy

mornin' ladies. Don't worry about not having layouts for the mini challenges. I just thought it would be a fun way for us to dig in the ending pages of our galleries for some layouts that don't get much love!

Wednesday mini challenge - today's is easy cuz I have a headache and can't think of anything better. Post me a picture of your progress with the cleaning/reorganing/finis hed album shelf. Our big challenge for the week was to either clean up our spots or go through completed albums for inspiration. Show me your source for inspiration. I'll try to post pics of my room tonight.

Aumommie
Diva
Aumommie

• godschild94 Said:
  • Aumommie Said:

I cut slits in my page protectors with an exacto knife. Here are the instructions.

1. Put your page in the page protector.
2. Use a ruler and a grease pencil to draw a line where you need to cut through the page protector. Be sure to make it a bit longer than your actual object. (I use a grease pencil because I can wipe it off when I am done.) The cut goes where the crease/fold is.
3. Pull out your page from the page protector. Slide in a cutting mat and use your exacto knife and a ruler to cut the page protector.
4. Wipe off the grease pencil marks and then slowly slide your page back into the page protector and the interactive part of your page through the slit.

*Note: This technique works better on the thicker type page potectors. With thinner page protectors , you may need to reinforce the edges with a small stitch or tape. Experiment with what works best for you and start making your pages more interactive and including more photos on your pages.

Also another fun way to add more pictures to your pages is a pocket. My favorite ways to make a pocket are either sewing on the page or using Scotch double sided foam tape around the edges.
Here are a few of my favorites.

Wilderness Lodge
By Godschild94
I have about 10 extra pictures here in the pocket on the top right of the page.

Chicago Field Museum
By Godschild94

THanks I will definitely try this. I'd love to make some interactive stuff for my kiddos. My 5yo loves his Thomas and Disney albums and it has helped his communication adn recolection of these events tremendously!!!!

4kowbabies
Expert
4kowbabies
In response to Aumommie

I do the pockets, too and I add a pull out tab onto them.

I really should add some of my traditional LO's. Maybe that is my project for the day, huh? LOL

wendella247
Veteran
wendella247
In response to j3Mel

Just noticed your siggy about belonging to a 12 x 12 step plan. Ha ha ha! LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cindy312
Diva
cindy312

• wendella247 Said:
Just noticed your siggy about belonging to a 12 x 12 step plan. Ha ha ha! LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is really funny.

Castle Scrapper
Diva
Castle Scrapper
In response to cindy312

I added some multi pic pages to my gallery today that I did this weekend:

I was so pleased with this l.o. I had the hardest time choosing paper colors for these pictures, but I went with the green since it was in every photo, and I'm happy with it.

This is one that I uploaded Sunday as part of our Challenge, but I think most of the ones I uploaded got overlooked! Oh well! I was very proud of this one:

I'm trying to get around to everyone's galleries - am definitely enjoying seeing all the multi pic pages!

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper
In response to Castle Scrapper

I am LOVIN' this thread!!!!

4kowbabies
Expert
4kowbabies
In response to j3Mel

I added this one yesterday.. I think it turned out well. there are 4 pic.s on it with 1 matte under it with the scalloped edge..

Park in WV
By 4kowbabies

and then this one of bowling. I did the black and white and just put some color into it. I thought it turned out good. I didnt have any bowling elements so I got the paper and pens in there like you would have to keep score,lol

Bowling
By 4kowbabies

j3Mel
j3Mel 
Idol
j3Mel
  • j3Mel on 08-13-08 08:45 PM

you laugh at my 12 x 12 plan. I'm getting ready to post pictures of my scraproom and you will understand why my family thinks I have a problem. I worked in here all night tonight putting stuff away, resorting a few things, and doing some general cleaning. I still have to vaccum and clean off Joni's side of the counter. Her side tends to be a catch all since she is busy with the boyfriend now and doesn't scrap as much.

okay - here are pics of my rearranged/somewhat cleaned up room.

scrap counter By J3Mel

Pegboard jars By J3Mel

east wall By J3Mel

north wall By J3Mel

Scrap closet By J3Mel

alphabet and chipboard storage By J3Mel

Castle Scrapper
Diva
Castle Scrapper
In response to j3Mel

Oh wow - what a croppin' spot! Party at Mel's house!!

Now how long do you think it would take for you to use up all of your supplies? Probably not as long as we think. I have a daughter who scrapbooks as well, and we can go through the stuff.

j3Mel
j3Mel 
Idol
j3Mel
  • j3Mel on 08-14-08 04:46 AM

I know it looks like I have a lot (and I do) but I'm sure when Joni starts scrappin again we'll go through it quickly. Besides, with the robo and scraps in the sterilite set of drawers, we can make lots more stuff and make it stretch a long way.

I'd love to host a party at my house but I can't find anybody around here that will take a weekend off to scrap with me Still workin' on getting a monthly crop together.

j3Mel
j3Mel 
Idol
j3Mel
  • j3Mel on 08-14-08 04:49 AM
In response to j3Mel

almost forgot - daily mini challenge

okay, I posted the link in the opening thread to the article about stretching sketches for a 2 page layout. I know a lot of you know about pagemaps.com - it is a very popular sketch site. Let us know if you have another favorite sketch site that we can use. I don't know about you but I'm always looking for inspirational sites to mark on my favorites list.

ALevy
ALevy 
Diva
ALevy
  • ALevy on 08-14-08 05:32 AM
In response to j3Mel

Good morning Scrappin Chicks! It took me awhile, but I finally got ACU on going through all the posts. I tried to leave a little well deserved love for everyone and even made some new friends! Thanks Mel, for getting this group started!

So how is everyone's Thursday going so far? This is actually Friday for me, as I'm off tomorrow and will be going to the Iowa State Fair. KatieJo - did you ever make it to the Fair? I go at least once a year, and sometimes, I'll make it a second time. My DH doesn't care much for it either. He can't stand the overwhelming crowds or how expensive it is, so that's why I'm going with my mom and sister! I'm hoping to get some scrappin time this weekend, but I'm not counting on it. Seems like when I do have time, I have no mojo anyways! Anyone else suffering from the "no mojo disease"? LOL

ALevy
ALevy 
Diva
ALevy
  • ALevy on 08-14-08 05:37 AM
In response to j3Mel

Here's a thread I had saved in my favorites that might help. I haven't really used any of the sites, but I have looked at them.

http://www.scrapbook.com/forums/showtopic.php?tid/14663...

scraprabbit
Queen
scraprabbit
In response to j3Mel

• j3Mel Said:
almost forgot - daily mini challenge

okay, I posted the link in the opening thread to the article about stretching sketches for a 2 page layout. I know a lot of you know about pagemaps.com - it is a very popular sketch site. Let us know if you have another favorite sketch site that we can use. I don't know about you but I'm always looking for inspirational sites to mark on my favorites list.

Here's the one I posted about earlier:

http://scrapbooklayouts.blogspot.com/

raindancer
Governor
raindancer

Here's my latest Lo. It is from the BHG Sketch Challenge. I actually took a one pg sketch, rotated it and then flipped it to make a second page.

I have a ton of sketch sites bookmarked. And I'll try to link them later. Have to spend some time with DH today..he just passed his citizenship test!! We go next week for the oath taking ceremony. Yay!

www.pencillines.com

Here's my LO:

Happy Birthday (7)
By Raindancer

Have a great day!

ALevy
ALevy 
Diva
ALevy
  • ALevy on 08-14-08 10:07 AM

Here's another sketch site & she has some 2 page sketches too!

http://www.mysketchworld.blogspot.com/

Mary W.
Expert
Mary W.
In response to ALevy

Hey everybody! Have you taken a look at the gallery today? I looked at it this afternoon and it was full of multi-pic layouts! I don't even think they were from anybody on this thread. It looked so nice to see all those layouts!

I don't have anything new today (worked on Christmas cards last night!), but I'm sure I'll be able to load some this weekend. Now, I'm going back to check out some of everybody's stuff that I've missed!

-Mary

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper
In response to Mary W.

I just did! Thanks for the heads up!

j3Mel
j3Mel 
Idol
j3Mel
  • j3Mel on 08-14-08 08:16 PM
In response to terrihooper

okay here's my ultimate multipic layout.

If you wanna live the good life better put a girl in it. By J3Mel

36 pictures in one layout. Granted it is a 24 x 36 poster frame for a dorm room but lots and lots of pictures in it. DD's boyfriend is moving to college on SAturday and this is her way of "watching" over him in his dorm Just a friendly reminder for him that she is back home

scraprabbit
Queen
scraprabbit
In response to j3Mel

• j3Mel Said:
okay here's my ultimate multipic layout.

If you wanna live the good life better put a girl in it. By J3Mel

36 pictures in one layout. Granted it is a 24 x 36 poster frame for a dorm room but lots and lots of pictures in it. DD's boyfriend is moving to college on SAturday and this is her way of "watching" over him in his dorm Just a friendly reminder for him that she is back home

Love it!!! And what a great reminder.

wendella247
Veteran
wendella247
In response to j3Mel

you laugh at my 12 x 12 plan.

Hey, Mel, I laugh not--I can totally relate. I have a ton of tools, stamps, embellishments, stickers, dp, cardstock, etc. etc.--but I sure don't have it as efficiently arranged as you! Nice set-up!

wendella247
Veteran
wendella247
In response to ALevy

• ALevy Said:
Here's another sketch site & she has some 2 page sketches too!

http://www.mysketchworld.blogspot.com/

Hey, thanks for all the sketch sites. What a great resource!!! I have a list in my computer too, but after a while it can become overload, so I'll hold off on submitting any more for now!

j3Mel
j3Mel 
Idol
j3Mel
  • j3Mel on 08-15-08 05:53 AM

• wendella247 Said:
you laugh at my 12 x 12 plan.

Hey, Mel, I laugh not--I can totally relate. I have a ton of tools, stamps, embellishments, stickers, dp, cardstock, etc. etc.--but I sure don't have it as efficiently arranged as you! Nice set-up!

notice I only post pics AFTER some cleaning has been done.

I have been in my new scraproom almost a year now and I still keep finding new and better ways to organize things. I am now on a mission to find a bigger organizer of some sort to put the alphabet collection in. The drawers on that hardware organizer just don't hold quite enough on most of the letters. It works for now but I'm always looking for something bigger and better.

j3Mel
j3Mel 
Idol
j3Mel
  • j3Mel on 08-15-08 06:14 AM
In response to j3Mel

today's mini challenge: BREATHE

I'm tired and grumpy today. Darn olympics kept me up last night. I HAD to see who won the women's all around in gymnastics I wanted to see those girls take one and two. At least the Chinese girl actually looked old enough to be competing last night!!

okay, so for real the mini challenge - take some time for YOU today/tonight. It may be scrappin', it may be a good book, it may just be sitting in a lawn chair on the front porch and enjoying the sunshine. Whatever the case, catch a breather before the weekend starts and if you are like me - before school starts next week!!

raindancer
Governor
raindancer
In response to j3Mel

That is a great idea! I had kids up half the night..which is very rare. I swear I got up 5 times to get drinks, help to the bathroom, soothe tummyaches etc etc.. god I'm tired. Since this is the last day of DDs camp and DS is not feeling well and camped out on the couch..my breather might be a NAP this morning.

animemama
Veteran
animemama

Hi! I haven't been doing the challenges because that isn't where I am right now, but I've been doing lots of scrapping! I've just done a bunch of one-page layouts with 4-10 pictures on them. Remember, multi-photo doesn't automatically mean 2-pages! I won't do a 2-page layout unless I absolutely have to; right now I'm working on one with 11 photos. Sometimes I can get 11 photos on one page, depending on how I can crop them, but these are pictures from the circus and most of them can't be cropped too small.

I'm way behind on my scanning; I've been scanning all my layouts to post on my blog (in my siggy), where I'm keeping track of my no-buy challenge. But when I get them scanned and posted to my blog I'll upload them here too.

ETA: Oh, favorite sketch sites! PageMaps, of course. And even though sometimes she has a lot of sketches for 1 enlarged photo, if you think of the photo block as an area for photos instead of just one large photo, you can fit two or more in that same space! I also like the Becky Higgins sketches, but I have a hard time with knowing how to build my patterned paper background and where to place embellishments, and the PageMaps show me how to do all this!

Edited by animemama on 08-15-08 08:11 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

cindy312
Diva
cindy312
In response to j3Mel

• j3Mel Said:

okay, so for real the mini challenge - take some time for YOU today/tonight. It may be scrappin', it may be a good book, it may just be sitting in a lawn chair on the front porch and enjoying the sunshine. Whatever the case, catch a breather before the weekend starts and if you are like me - before school starts next week!!

I wish I could... I'd appreciate it if you'd let my two year old know that I'm supposed to relax and catch a breather tonight!

Cindy

j3Mel
j3Mel 
Idol
j3Mel
  • j3Mel on 08-15-08 08:37 AM
In response to animemama

no problem - the challenges are just for those days when I can't get to the scraproom and want to do something that at least feels scrappy!!! haha

I'm planning on doing some scrappin' this weekend though. I'm hoping to scrap all weekend. Would love to get DS's album caught up but don't know if everyone will leave me alone long enough to get it done. My initial plans are to flood the gallery on Sunday night.

j3Mel
j3Mel 
Idol
j3Mel
  • j3Mel on 08-15-08 08:37 AM
In response to cindy312

• cindy312 Said:
  • j3Mel Said:

I wish I could... I'd appreciate it if you'd let my two year old know that I'm supposed to relax and catch a breather tonight!

Cindy

one word - Benadryl - just kidding but it was always tempting when the rugrats were driving me crazy!!

j3Mel
j3Mel 
Idol
j3Mel
  • j3Mel on 08-15-08 08:39 AM
In response to animemama

• animemama Said:
Hi! I haven't been doing the challenges because that isn't where I am right now, but I've been doing lots of scrapping! I've just done a bunch of one-page layouts with 4-10 pictures on them. Remember, multi-photo doesn't automatically mean 2-pages! I won't do a 2-page layout unless I absolutely have to; right now I'm working on one with 11 photos. Sometimes I can get 11 photos on one page, depending on how I can crop them, but these are pictures from the circus and most of them can't be cropped too small.

I'm way behind on my scanning; I've been scanning all my layouts to post on my blog (in my siggy), where I'm keeping track of my no-buy challenge. But when I get them scanned and posted to my blog I'll upload them here too.

ETA: Oh, favorite sketch sites! PageMaps, of course. And even though sometimes she has a lot of sketches for 1 enlarged photo, if you think of the photo block as an area for photos instead of just one large photo, you can fit two or more in that same space! I also like the Becky Higgins sketches, but I have a hard time with knowing how to build my patterned paper background and where to place embellishments, and the PageMaps show me how to do all this!

I actually do that a lot. If they have a sketch for one Big Picture I will make a mat and put
4 pics on the one mat. Even if it is a sketch for just one 4 x 6....I've been known to stretch the embellishments out and put several down.

j3Mel
j3Mel 
Idol
j3Mel
  • j3Mel on 08-15-08 08:56 AM
In response to j3Mel

I think I have everyone updated in the opening post. If I have missed you - I'm sorry - and let me know so I can get you added in. I updated some of the links others have posted as well to sketch sites and blogs. Makes it easier than digging through pages of posts to this thread.

I'm hopefully going to spend some time in galleries now. I think I have the afternoon free since all my work is caught up as long as the bossman doesn't find something else for me to do!!

ALevy
ALevy 
Diva
ALevy
  • ALevy on 08-15-08 09:57 AM
In response to j3Mel

I'm feeling the nap thing too today. I just won't let myself since it's a day off from work. I feel like I'm wasting time off if I nap. Why is that? My plan was to workout this morning, run to Wal-Mart and then scrap this afternoon. So far all I've gotten accomplished is working out. I'm guessing that scrapping will be out of the question, since I haven't hit Wal-Mart yet. Do we REALLY need that toilet paper and laundry soap and the million other things I'll buy while I'm there??? Okay...maybe the toilet paper...

I'm in on the mini challenge today though. DH and I are taking off on the motorcycle when he gets off work and going to a bike night. So I will definitely get to do some breathing. Deep, clean, fresh air. Nothing like a motorcycle ride to soothe my soul.

Have a fantastic day ladies!!

j3Mel
j3Mel 
Idol
j3Mel
  • j3Mel on 08-15-08 10:13 AM
In response to ALevy

as long as you are going to walmart, you might as well check out the sb aisle to see if there is anything you might use - you can always pick up some more cardstock or adhesive while you are there!!

ALevy
ALevy 
Diva
ALevy
  • ALevy on 08-15-08 10:20 AM
In response to j3Mel

Oh believe me...I'll hit the sb aisle for sure! Okay...this isn't me going...I'd better get off here for now.

Aumommie
Diva
Aumommie
In response to ALevy

Ok I went and stood out in my backyard by my pond -- ignored the weeds and took 15 deep breaths!!! Now its back to my testosterone filled house. DS has a buddy over (he is actually over most days) So its 3 to one. Think I'll disappear into my scrap hole and do something girly!!!!

j3Mel
j3Mel 
Idol
j3Mel
  • j3Mel on 08-15-08 11:13 AM
In response to Aumommie

good for you!!!

Castle Scrapper
Diva
Castle Scrapper
In response to j3Mel

I have to say that I've had so much fun looking at all the multi pic pages in the galleries! Don't know if I'll get time for me, let along time to scrap this weekend. I have a lot of work to do. I'd love to scrap though.

I have to say one thing - I've never heard of using sketches for pages before I read this thread. I didn't know so many people use them!

Hope you have a productive weekend scrappin' Mel! You too Aumommie! ALevy - hope your Walmart has more croppin' stuff than mine. I think I have the aisle pretty much memorized by now.

cindy312 -you may be worn out now with that 2 yr. old, but it won't be long until they are gone all weekend, and you'll be wondering where the time went. On the other hand, it does leave the house much quieter so I can scrap!

j3Mel
j3Mel 
Idol
j3Mel
  • j3Mel on 08-15-08 01:37 PM

I have to say, I use sketches more all the time. i don't always stick to them but they do give me a starting point for a layout. I don't feel like I'm doing the same thing all the time. It is also helping me to leave more room for journaling. I think I have to mow the yard when I get home before I can scrap Seems like there is always something getting in between me and my scraproom. I wonder if I go in there and lock the door if my family will drag me through the window or if they'll take the hint and leave me be??

ALevy
ALevy 
Diva
ALevy
  • ALevy on 08-15-08 01:42 PM

Wow - my Wal-mart had so much new stuff it was unreal! I thought I remembered someone on here saying they were going to start carrying Martha Stewart stuff, and they are. I'm not really partial to any one person's brand over another's, it was just nice to see something new! My only two sb purchases - a glue stamp pad & some rhinestone circles. I need to get to using my glitter I bought a year ago & figured the stamp pad would help.

I'm off to the big old Iowa State Fair tomorrow with my mom and sister, so no scrapping for me then either. DH's only day off is Sunday, so I'll be spending my day with him. Then back to work Monday. Man...where does the time go? Summer seems to be a bad time for my scrapping hobby - too many other things going on. I'm sure there are plenty others who have the same dilemma. If only I could quit my job & scrap full-time! LOL

ALevy
ALevy 
Diva
ALevy
  • ALevy on 08-15-08 01:44 PM
In response to j3Mel

• j3Mel Said:
I have to say, I use sketches more all the time. i don't always stick to them but they do give me a starting point for a layout. I don't feel like I'm doing the same thing all the time. It is also helping me to leave more room for journaling. I think I have to mow the yard when I get home before I can scrap Seems like there is always something getting in between me and my scraproom. I wonder if I go in there and lock the door if my family will drag me through the window or if they'll take the hint and leave me be??

I'm sure they'll miss your presence too much & drag you through that window!! LOL

j3Mel
j3Mel 
Idol
j3Mel
  • j3Mel on 08-15-08 01:53 PM
In response to ALevy

they can still talk to me.....it is 6 foot wide with no glass........they just can't make me come out. WOnder if they will get me drinks and food though????? That may or may not be a good idea.......I'd have to be really sneaky with potty breaks!!!

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to j3Mel

• j3Mel Said:
they can still talk to me.....it is 6 foot wide with no glass........they just can't make me come out. WOnder if they will get me drinks and food though????? That may or may not be a good idea.......I'd have to be really sneaky with potty breaks!!!

LOL!

I haven't gotten any layouts done this week because I've been working on a baby word book for a baby shower today at work. Baby showers aren't really my thing, though, so I skipped the shower and came home to scrap instead, lol!

Thanks to all for the kind comments in my gallery. I need to check out the galleries myself now that my project is done.

Sketches......I love Page Maps. They're great. My fav sketchbook for lots of photos, though, is Donna Downey's book (link below).

KatieJo
Governor
KatieJo
In response to Luvmyfam

I actually did clean out my sb room a little. I took my old magazine subscription to work and gave it to a coworker. It cleaned out my space and seemed to make her pretty happy. She thanked me four times anyway.

KatieJo
Governor
KatieJo
In response to KatieJo

And unfortunately, Amy, I do not get to go to the state fair. Not only couldn't convince my dh but apparently couldn't convince anyone else either. Oh well. Hope you have fun though.

Instead, I get to go to a charity gala and work for about 12 hours. It'll be OK to do something worth while too I guess. My dh has requested the use of my computer to help out with things there.... he does the AV stuff for the event (and I will try to help him this year... no, I don't really know anything about AV stuff, but he's good at talking to me plainly mostly). Anyway, who knows when he will hook it back up for me... he wants to fiddle with a few things on it... so, don't know when I will be back here. Hope it's not too long. Might have withdrawal symptons without being able to access this site on demand...

Edited by KatieJo on 08-15-08 05:25 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

j3Mel
j3Mel 
Idol
j3Mel
  • j3Mel on 08-15-08 08:04 PM
In response to KatieJo

too projects finished tonight. Put some brighter letters on the poster size layout and did a layout for a challenge. It was a one picture layout and it took me 3 flippin' hours to finish it. One picture layouts take me sooo much longer than mutli pics do. But it is done and I will get it posted as soon as my camera battery charges.l I think I'm headed to bed a little earlier than usual tonight. Been staying up entirely to late watching the olympics!! Night girls.

Chantal Miller
Pro
Chantal Miller
In response to j3Mel

I want to try and get something scrappy done this w/e too. I have a 3 hour gap between getting DD home from dancing, and going to MIL's 60th Bday.

Tomorrow I have all day. DH needs to work and DD is spending the day with the IL's

PS j3Mel: I love that last line of your siggy

beach girl 73
Guru
beach girl 73

Good morning! Happy Saturday!

Croppin4Christ
Guru
Croppin4Christ

Now that I have learned that ACU means that you are all caught up with reading posts and not all caught up with scrappin', I can say that I am officially ACU!!!

I couldn't figure out how everyone was finished with their scrappin'. I never get caught up!!!

I have been working on my Scrappin' Schoolroom. I had it all clean and beautiful and even scrapped 4 layouts, but then I decided to add a shelf and re-organize...so, pics will come later.

I did add some new Mosaics to my mosaic album in my gallery.

peenut_23
Angel
peenut_23

Hi girls,

I am WAY behind on this thread thanks to no internet for a WEEK!

Anyway, here's my latest multi-pic, two pager and I promise I'll get ACU later on tonight or tomorrow!

Sugar Rush! By Peenut_23

raindancer
Governor
raindancer
In response to peenut_23

mms. Happy Sunday!

Aumommie
Diva
Aumommie

Well between a tired 5yo, a day at the waterpark, and hockey try outs I have finally got all of my new scrap storage put together!!! Now to put all the stuff in it then I might actually scrap a page or 2 -- now wouldn't that be a novel Idea!!!!

Edited by Aumommie on 08-17-08 06:22 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

KatieJo
Governor
KatieJo
In response to Aumommie

We spent 17 hours helping out at the charity gala yesterday. (I basically played assistant to my DH the entire day... cause he really needed one... he did a lot.) Today we were kind of tired, but my DH was nice enough to get my computer hooked up again. Yeah! Off to check some more galleries.

Aumommie
Diva
Aumommie
In response to KellyCali

Peenut 23 you use a really cute letters in a few of your LO. The reunion and family LO's and the young love LO, what is it?? I really like it.

Edited by Aumommie on 08-17-08 06:33 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

beach girl 73
Guru
beach girl 73
In response to Aumommie

Hi everyone - hope you had a fun and happy weekend. Mine has been relaxing and actually got some scrapping done. Here is my latest multi/2 pager. It is for my 2001 East Coast trip.

Savannah Parks
By Mylittlesweetpea

TFL!

beach girl 73
Guru
beach girl 73

• Croppin4Christ Said:
Now that I have learned that ACU means that you are all caught up with reading posts and not all caught up with scrappin', I can say that I am officially ACU!!!

I couldn't figure out how everyone was finished with their scrappin'. I never get caught up!!!

I'm glad I'm not the only one that didn't figure this out right away. I was thinking WOW! there are some really motivated people on this site!

j3Mel
j3Mel 
Idol
j3Mel
  • j3Mel on 08-18-08 04:54 AM

Good mornin' ladies!!

Well my weekend didn't go at all as planned. I wanted to have a scrappin' weekend......I finished 1 layout. It was for a challenge too. I'm not exactly sure what happened on Saturday. I started out just trying to get laundry caught up and scrap in between but somehow managed to sort through all DS's clothes/closet and ended up babysitting 4 extra kids SAturday night (all 3 years and under) so no scrappin' for me then. My nephew (22 months) didn't want to go home Sunday morning so we let him stay and hubby kept me outside building fence all day so no scrappin' then either. It certainly isn't fair

I'm still deciding on the challenge for this week. My personal one is to stay away from any of hubbies projects - I'm exhausted and sore today. I'll post a challenge for everybody else sometime today!!

4kowbabies
Expert
4kowbabies
In response to j3Mel

Hi Ladies! I haven't done a thing as far as scrapbooking goes, this weekend.

Didn't I read something about a Cricut on here in earlier threads? I have one (the smaller one), but I used it maybe once. I only have the 2 cartridges that came with it. I am just not creative to make my own things out of it, I feel. I read that you can hook it up to the computer, now, too..

j3Mel
j3Mel 
Idol
j3Mel
  • j3Mel on 08-18-08 07:08 AM

Week of August 18th challenge

let's do an actual scrappin' challenge this week. I challenge each of you to do a "this 'n' that" layout. Can be one or two pages. Include the following -

at least 4 pics
scalloped border/title box
hidden journaling
1 double matted picture
flowers (either silk, paper, or patterned paper with flowers on it)

shall I do a small prize for the first 3 to complete the challenge?? sure!! It won't be much - comething out of my stash - just a little something to say congrats!!

Have fun.

beach girl 73
Guru
beach girl 73
In response to j3Mel

• j3Mel Said:
Week of August 18th challenge

let's do an actual scrappin' challenge this week. I challenge each of you to do a "this 'n' that" layout. Can be one or two pages. Include the following -

at least 4 pics
scalloped border/title box
hidden journaling
1 double matted picture
flowers (either silk, paper, or patterned paper with flowers on it)

shall I do a small prize for the first 3 to complete the challenge?? sure!! It won't be much - comething out of my stash - just a little something to say congrats!!

Have fun.

What do you mean by a "this and that" LO? Is that referring to the items to be included on the LO, or the subject of the LO?

j3Mel
j3Mel 
Idol
j3Mel
  • j3Mel on 08-18-08 08:26 AM

items on the layout....try and complete a layout with all 5 of those components on it.

Page 3 of 29 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics