Page 4 of 29 
Username Post: Lot of Pics Scrappin Chicks Support Group        (Topic#1465639)
scrappingaddict
Pro
scrappingaddict
In response to Aumommie

• Aumommie Said:
Ok I went and stood out in my backyard by my pond -- ignored the weeds and took 15 deep breaths!!! Now its back to my testosterone filled house. DS has a buddy over (he is actually over most days) So its 3 to one. Think I'll disappear into my scrap hole and do something girly!!!!

Sometimes I wished my hubby would have a friend over. He had about 8 over Friday night for poker and I offered to sit out so it could be just the guys and he requested that I play. I was so looking forward to scrapping Because he knew I wanted to scrap, he spent his only day off, Friday, cleaning the house and getting the laundry done AND grocery shopping so I could spend the day scrapping on Saturday. With a man like that, how could I disappoint him? NINE hours Saturday in scrapbook heaven!

4kowbabies
Expert
4kowbabies
In response to j3Mel

I feel guilty spending time on scrapbooking, lol.. well, this isnt from the challenge, but here is a new one

christmas 2007
By 4kowbabies

ALevy
ALevy 
Diva
ALevy
  • ALevy on 08-18-08 06:26 PM
In response to 4kowbabies

Wow Anne! Wish my hubby would do something like that for me!! I spent the day fishing with him on his only day off Sunday, but STILL had all my normal crud to take care of. So now I'll spend the week playing catch up! And we're going to a motorcycle rally Thu-Sun, so I need to have everything together for that too. My wonderful sister is coming to doggy sit for us while we're gone. I'm happy that they don't have to go to a kennel during that time.

So I haven't done any scrapping since early last month. I've got to get my butt in gear! I've got a challenge to finish before the end of the month too.

KatieJo - the State Fair was absolutely packed on Saturday. It was the biggest attendance of this year's fair with something like 127,000 people. I felt like I was being herded like cattle most of the time. Must be my age...I just don't take too well to it like I used to. But my mom and sister like to go, so I endure....

Well goodnight ladies! I'll check back in tomorrow.

beach girl 73
Guru
beach girl 73
In response to j3Mel

• j3Mel Said:
items on the layout....try and complete a layout with all 5 of those components on it.

Thanks! I hope I'm up to the challenge.

wendella247
Veteran
wendella247
In response to raindancer

• raindancer Said:
Here's my charm LO for the minichallenge:

Down By the Sea
By Raindancer

quote]

Nice pages--love that color combo. Great pics!

Edited by wendella247 on 08-18-08 09:23 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

wendella247
Veteran
wendella247
In response to beach girl 73

• mylittlesweetpea Said:
Here's my newest multi-pic LO, that I made for the theme park challenge. Had hoped to upload it Sunday night, but got busy. TFL!

Fantasyland
By Mylittlesweetpea

Have a great evening!

I just LOVE this -- gorgeous, fun!

wendella247
Veteran
wendella247
In response to j3Mel

• j3Mel Said:
acu with links. We now have 40 members. Don't know if we want to limit how many links we put in the opening post or not. I guess I'll keep posting until I'm out of room to put them in.

I hope I have everybody's link posted. Thanks for sharing ladies. I'm hoping to get a chance to check out some new layouts tonight.

Thanks for doing all the update and maintenance work on this thread! It's going quite nicely!

wendella247
Veteran
wendella247
In response to wendella247

Here are a couple of layouts--they're from my first album of a trip my DH and I took with our visitor, Jeff, from Sydney, Australia.

Kartchner Caverns with Jeff-rt.
By Wendella247

Biosphere-left
By Wendella247

Biosphere and Kartchner Caverns
By Wendella247

j3Mel
j3Mel 
Idol
j3Mel
  • j3Mel on 08-19-08 06:44 AM

good mornin' ladies. It is the first day of school here. My daughter is officially a senior My walking mass of testosterone is in 8th grade. Bittersweet day for me but I'm dealing with it.

my self mini challenge for today - don't slap hubby!!

mini challenge for the scrappin' chicks - show me a one of your favorite layouts in your gallery. It just has to be one of the first 5 layouts you ever posted here at sb.com . I don't know about you ladies, but when I browse in the gallery, if someone has more than 2 or 3 pages, I don't usually make it very deep into their layouts. I always want to spread love to several people so I try not to spend more than a few minutes in each gallery. Show me something that you have had posted for a while now that people probably haven't looked at lately!!

Back to work

scraprabbit
Queen
scraprabbit
In response to j3Mel

• j3Mel Said:
good mornin' ladies. It is the first day of school here. My daughter is officially a senior My walking mass of testosterone is in 8th grade. Bittersweet day for me but I'm dealing with it.

my self mini challenge for today - don't slap hubby!!

mini challenge for the scrappin' chicks - show me a one of your favorite layouts in your gallery. It just has to be one of the first 5 layouts you ever posted here at sb.com . I don't know about you ladies, but when I browse in the gallery, if someone has more than 2 or 3 pages, I don't usually make it very deep into their layouts. I always want to spread love to several people so I try not to spend more than a few minutes in each gallery. Show me something that you have had posted for a while now that people probably haven't looked at lately!!

Back to work

First of all, at your self mini-challenge!!

Secondly, the words "one of your favorite" and "in the first 5 you uploaded" are mutually exclusive for me. I'm not a fan of my really old stuff. So....I'll go with one of my favorites from pg 8 - 4 years ago in my gallery (I have about 20 pages in my gallery) and you can peek at the back of my gallery if you really want to.

dog 1
By Scraprabbit

dog 2
By Scraprabbit

And here's one from 3 years ago (pg 6 in my gallery)

Photo Shoot {starring Jasmine}
By Scraprabbit

ALevy
ALevy 
Diva
ALevy
  • ALevy on 08-19-08 07:03 AM
In response to j3Mel

I've only been on this site since February. Hmmmm....let's see - here's a 2 page LO that hasn't gotten noticed a whole lot from back in March.

Fright Night Pg 1
By ALevy

Fright Night Pg 2
By ALevy

ALevy
ALevy 
Diva
ALevy
  • ALevy on 08-19-08 07:06 AM
In response to ALevy

Oops - didn't see the part about being within the first 5 uploaded. So here's mine.

Breathtaking Scenery
By ALevy

scrappingaddict
Pro
scrappingaddict
In response to j3Mel

Well, I only have 30 los so mine should all be viewed by most who visit my gallery but I'll post one that I thought I would have had a comment or two by now.

1st swap - Scrapbooking Chicas
By Scrappingaddict

Mary W.
Expert
Mary W.
In response to scrappingaddict

It's not one of my first five because I don't like any of those, but it's one of my favorites!

Citrus County flowers
By Mary W.

I have the day off work because of Tropical Storm Fay (it's pretty sunny out right now!), so I'm doing a little scrapping. If I get the layout done that I'm working on now, I'll try to get it posted. I wish these storms that don't amount to much would happen more often!

-Mary

j3Mel
j3Mel 
Idol
j3Mel
  • j3Mel on 08-19-08 08:37 AM
In response to Mary W.

sorry about the mini challenge....it was a long night. You know how they say never go to sleep angry at each other........I'm kinda like Doris (Bob) Hope....had a sleepless night last night so I'm grumpy this morning HAHA

Hey Amy - what part of Iowa are you from?? Anywhere near the Missouri border????

ALevy
ALevy 
Diva
ALevy
  • ALevy on 08-19-08 12:46 PM
In response to j3Mel

• j3Mel Said:
Hey Amy - what part of Iowa are you from?? Anywhere near the Missouri border????

I'm in Des Moines. A couple hours from the border. Where are you at in Missouri?

godschild94
Governor
godschild94
In response to ALevy

Here's one of mine from my first five here at sb.com .

Junk Food Alley
By Godschild94

j3Mel
j3Mel 
Idol
j3Mel
  • j3Mel on 08-19-08 01:45 PM
In response to ALevy

• ALevy Said:
  • j3Mel Said:

I'm in Des Moines. A couple hours from the border. Where are you at in Missouri?

Salisbury - about 2 1/2 hours south of the border!! it's doable!!!!!!

beach girl 73
Guru
beach girl 73
In response to godschild94

For the mini-challenge:
Since I've only been here since May, I only have 3 pages in my gallery. I've already posted ones from my first 5, but here's one from my 3rd page in.

St. John the Baptist Cathedral
By Mylittlesweetpea

ALevy
ALevy 
Diva
ALevy
  • ALevy on 08-19-08 07:43 PM
In response to j3Mel

• j3Mel Said:
  • ALevy Said:
  • j3Mel Said:

Salisbury - about 2 1/2 hours south of the border!! it's doable!!!!!!

Well, DH tells me I'm wrong, I'm only an hour from the border. DUH. I googled from here to Bethany, MO as an example & it says 1 hr 47 minutes. So not even as far as I originally thought!! We'll have to think about a scrappin weekend somewhere!

wendella247
Veteran
wendella247
In response to ALevy

Here are some pages I uploaded tonight with lots of pics. They're from my album of our trip to southern Arizona with our Australian visitor:

Tombstone-rt.
By Wendella247

Tombstone-left
By Wendella247

Bisbee-rt-wsb
By Wendella247

Bisbee, AZ-left
By Wendella247

Bisbee, AZ-dps
By Wendella247

scrappingaddict
Pro
scrappingaddict

Here's a new lo from me.

Friends
By Scrappingaddict

scraprabbit
Queen
scraprabbit

Good morning! I'm waiting on some pictures to come in the mail, and I'm getting ready for school to start soon (I'm an instructor) so I haven't been at my scrap table in probably a week. I'm enjoying everyone else's lo's though.

raindancer
Governor
raindancer

• wendella247 Said:
  • raindancer Said:
Here's my charm LO for the minichallenge:

Down By the Sea
By Raindancer

quote]

Nice pages--love that color combo. Great pics!

Thanks Wendy! I went through an orange phase for a while. Love orange and blue together!

raindancer
Governor
raindancer
In response to j3Mel

Ha! I love your self mini challenge.. That is often a challenge for me.

Of my first 5 Los, I guess my favorite is my "There's Magic Afoot" LO. I just loved the wizard I made. Here's a pic:

There's Magic Afoot pg 1

There's Magic Afoot pg 2
By Raindancer

animemama
Veteran
animemama

Out of my first five layouts that I posted here, I especially like this one.
Easter 1967

I think it really shows that it's possible to do multi-photo layouts (6 photos on 1 page!) that look stylish and trendy and uncluttered just like the one-photo layouts.

animemama
Veteran
animemama
In response to animemama

I've been feeling lately kind of like I'm a weirdo because I do 1-page multi-photo layouts. I was reading a thread on another board that pretty much divided it up into 1-page, 1-photo OR 2-page, multi-photo scrappers. What about us 1-page, multi-photo scrappers? I won't do a 2-pager unless there's no other way around it. For whatever reason, I just don't like doing them. (Not that there's anything wrong with it, that's just how my mind works. Maybe it's my ADD.) I would rather break up a set of photos into separate 1-page layouts, even if I could fit them all into a 2-pager. For example, I could have done my son's scout camp pictures all in one 2-page layout, but I divided them up into 3 1-page layouts with separate themes. I still had 5 pictures on each layout
Anyway, anyone else who likes to do multi-photo 1-page layouts, speak up so I know I'm not the only one! (Actually, I know I'm not, I just feel so alone )

raindancer
Governor
raindancer
In response to animemama

LOL. You're not alone.. I've seen tons of 1pg multi photo scrappers. I'm not one of them.. But that's mostly OCD on my part. Don't worry, we can still be friends

And I am finally caught up on this thread. Whew.. 3 days away can leave you in the dust here..

animemama
Veteran
animemama

• raindancer Said:
LOL. You're not alone.. I've seen tons of 1pg multi photo scrappers. I'm not one of them.. But that's mostly OCD on my part. Don't worry, we can still be friends

And I am finally caught up on this thread. Whew.. 3 days away can leave you in the dust here..

LOL, it's interesting how people scrap in different ways because their minds work so differently. I get bored using the same paper, colors, etc. across 2 pages, and 2-page layouts are lost on me anyway because I can only focus on one page at a time. I see 2-page layouts as two 1-pagers. It drives other people crazy to have mismatched pages facing each other in their albums, or they like the space of having two pages to work with.

There's no wrong way to do this, only what works best for each of us. And I should try not to let people make me feel like I'm weird just because they're dividing the world up into THIS and THAT and I'm an OTHER.

ALevy
ALevy 
Diva
ALevy
  • ALevy on 08-20-08 08:37 AM
In response to animemama

You are sooo not alone. That's what this group is all about! I can do either. I don't generally do a 1 page 1 photo LO, although I have for challenges here. I'm never really happy with them though. I tend to do either 1 page multi-pic or 2-page LOs. They make me much much happier!

j3Mel
j3Mel 
Idol
j3Mel
  • j3Mel on 08-20-08 08:51 AM
In response to ALevy

your definately not alone. I have trouble with doing 1 page layouts of any kind just because I don't like weeding out pictures and not using them. The one pic layouts I do for challenges usually take me hours and hours trying to find the right balance. I can put a two page multipic layout together in under an hour sometimes. It's just how my brain wraps around things.

Hubby is trying to talk me into doing scrapbooks for others. He thinks I can make more money working on something like that from home around my schedule than getting another part time job somewhere and having to conform to the schedule they hand me I'm scared but I guess I'm going to give it a try. You never know, maybe it will help pay for my addiction.

Haven't had a chance to scrap much. We have been spending a lot of time working in the barns lately. Redoing the tack room and getting ready for the big birthday party coming up. Hubby is turning 40 on the 31st and we are having a trailride and BBQ for him. He's nervous and wants to have everything outside cleaned up by then. The BBQ will be at my brother's shop but the trailride starts at our house. Hoping to spend some time this weekend scrappin' cuz I will not do carpenter work with DH and he is going to stud up the walls for the scraproom this weekend. That means I get to stay in the house.

DH + me + carpentry = bigger fighter than either one of us likes to witness or be a part of!!

scraprabbit
Queen
scraprabbit
In response to j3Mel

I'm working on a 1-page lo right now with 4 pics. I do both 1-pagers and 2-pagers. I like doing 2-pagers, but I need a LOT of pics to do that.

ALevy
ALevy 
Diva
ALevy
  • ALevy on 08-20-08 10:19 AM
In response to j3Mel

• j3Mel Said:
DH + me + carpentry = bigger fighter than either one of us likes to witness or be a part of!!

Oh Mel - how I can relate!! DH did construction for years. We decided to buy a lot and build our own house. Tense does not even describe how the mood was most days! Now whenever there's something carpentry-wise to be done around the house - I BOLT! The aura he puts off when something isn't going right will automatically put me in a bad mood myself. It's much safer for us AND our marriage!

I say you should give scrapping for others a try. You never know where it might lead!! Never hurts to try!

wendella247
Veteran
wendella247
In response to j3Mel

My vote is for giving scrapping for others a try too!! Hey, if you find out it doesn't work for you, what's lost? Some time, mostly. I'll be interested to hear how it goes if you decide to do it. Keep us posted!

GMFTS
GMFTS 
Governor
GMFTS
  • GMFTS on 08-20-08 01:12 PM
In response to animemama

• animemama Said:
I've been feeling lately kind of like I'm a weirdo because I do 1-page multi-photo layouts. I was reading a thread on another board that pretty much divided it up into 1-page, 1-photo OR 2-page, multi-photo scrappers. What about us 1-page, multi-photo scrappers? I won't do a 2-pager unless there's no other way around it. For whatever reason, I just don't like doing them. (Not that there's anything wrong with it, that's just how my mind works. Maybe it's my ADD.) I would rather break up a set of photos into separate 1-page layouts, even if I could fit them all into a 2-pager. For example, I could have done my son's scout camp pictures all in one 2-page layout, but I divided them up into 3 1-page layouts with separate themes. I still had 5 pictures on each layout
Anyway, anyone else who likes to do multi-photo 1-page layouts, speak up so I know I'm not the only one! (Actually, I know I'm not, I just feel so alone )

I think sometimes we can all feel like a weirdo if we don't see a lot of lo's that look like ours... I do all kinds of los but the ones I seem to have the most fun with are the mulit photo one page ones. For me the most fun is figuring out what is the story I am trying to tell and how do the pix do that... then I know how many pix and how many pages. If I find that I can tell the story in 16 photos ok - I work with that, if I can do it with just one great one -well that works too... just depends.
I know what you mean though - especially when the gallery is full of things I don't do I feel like I am in the wrong place.. BUT now I can come here and find lots of people who do the stuff I like to do.

KatieJo
Governor
KatieJo
In response to GMFTS

I do quite a few one page multi's too.... probably a few more than I do of the two pagers really - although I do quite a few of those too. I pretty much do whatever I think my photos call for I guess. I will definitely have to post some more of my one pagers... I guess.

And I have tried to do forced one photo ones (for challenges especially)... as can be found in my gallery... but mostly, I am not terribly happy with the results I get from them.

KatieJo
Governor
KatieJo
In response to KatieJo

BTW, I've been kind of stalking this site for the last few days... keeping up but not commenting.

I am horribly stuck on one of those one pagers... the end page for my Colorado trip album. It is just not going together like it should.

Think I might have to break out the acrylic paints again tonight. My kitties are hovering though, so hope I don't get them all colorful too... Will let you know if I do.

godschild94
Governor
godschild94
In response to KatieJo

Hi all... hoping you are having a fantabulous week!

scrappingaddict
Pro
scrappingaddict

I used to do single page, multi-pic los all the time. I've converted to double lo, multi-pics is all We all have our way of scrapping and no way is "The Way". We are all doing what is right for ourselves!

4kowbabies
Expert
4kowbabies

I ALWAYS do 1 page multi photos... it is very rare for me to do a 2 pager multi photo... just look in my gallery and you will see! It is rare for a 1 photo page, too, unless all my pic.s were blury but 1 or I only took a few to begin with! lol

animemama
Veteran
animemama

• 4kowbabies Said:
I ALWAYS do 1 page multi photos... it is very rare for me to do a 2 pager multi photo... just look in my gallery and you will see! It is rare for a 1 photo page, too, unless all my pic.s were blury but 1 or I only took a few to begin with! lol

I went and checked your gallery - great work! I loved seeing how you do your 1 page multi photo layouts. There are a lot more of us who scrap that way than you'd think. The discussion I read, that I was talking about earlier, it was like the ice cream question - "chocolate or vanilla?" - and the strawberry lovers are over on the fringes going "hey, what about us?" (I'm chocolate, myself, but you get the idea )

Here's a tip for 1-page multi-photo scrappers who use 12 x 12: 11 x 8 1/2 horizontal sketches and 8 1/2 x 11 double spread sketches are pretty easy to adapt to 12 x 12 singles. I've done this with a lot of the PageMaps sketches.

Edited by animemama on 08-21-08 07:57 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

4kowbabies
Expert
4kowbabies
In response to animemama

• animemama Said:
  • 4kowbabies Said:

I went and checked your gallery - great work! I loved seeing how you do your 1 page multi photo layouts. There are a lot more of us who scrap that way than you'd think. The discussion I read, that I was talking about earlier, it was like the ice cream question - "chocolate or vanilla?" - and the strawberry lovers are over on the fringes going "hey, what about us?" (I'm chocolate, myself, but you get the idea )

Here's a tip for 1-page multi-photo scrappers who use 12 x 12: 11 x 8 1/2 horizontal sketches and 8 1/2 x 11 double spread sketches are pretty easy to adapt to 12 x 12 singles. I've done this with a lot of the PageMaps sketches.

Thanks *blushing*
I know what you are saying! ... (I sooo love chocolate, too though, hahaha... )

KatieJo
Governor
KatieJo

I've been trying to be good but having this major chocolate craving all day... thanks a lot. But in ice cream I like pistachio or mint.

And I don't think either of my kitties suffered any from my painting yesterday, but I did have to scrape a few flecks off the front of my computer monitor. Whoops! Don't tell my DH. And unfortunately, I didn't like the results anyway... so still stuck.

Edited by KatieJo on 08-21-08 01:34 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

scraprabbit
Queen
scraprabbit
In response to KatieJo

Ok, now I'm seriously craving strawberry ice cream! And, yes, strawberry is much preferred over choc or vanilla here!

scraprabbit
Queen
scraprabbit
In response to scraprabbit

Here are a couple new ones from me...

Trick Pony (wefest 06)
By Scraprabbit

Brooks & Dunn (wefest 06)
By Scraprabbit

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper

ACU
The teachers reported back to work this week so I have been exceptionally busy! I hope to get something done this weekend and check out some more galleries! I have missed browsing!

j3Mel
j3Mel 
Idol
j3Mel
  • j3Mel on 08-22-08 05:11 AM
In response to terrihooper

been a crazy week here too. Not at work but at home. Ended up with a kid in the ER in the middle of the night. No sleep that night.

I'm hoping to get a weekend of cleaning and scrappin in starting tonight. Hubby is working on the tack room which means carpentry work so I won't be out there helping him - If I can get the house cleaned tonight then I can scrap between loads of laundry all day tomorrow and have a free day for me on Sunday. Let's hope all those plans hold.

j3Mel
j3Mel 
Idol
j3Mel
  • j3Mel on 08-22-08 07:23 AM
In response to j3Mel

mini challenge for the weekend??

I'm going to challenge everybody to complete 5 layouts and post between 6 and 9 on Sunday night. I'm pushing myself this weekend so you get a little shove too. Let's see if we can flood the gallery!! Okay, so maybe it's not a mini challenge - maybe it is a medium challenge!! Wait until I decide to do a BIG one HAHAHa

scraprabbit
Queen
scraprabbit
In response to j3Mel

Yikes! 5 lo's? That usually takes me a month! If I get my prints in the mail that I'm waiting on, I'll sure try it!

j3Mel
j3Mel 
Idol
j3Mel
  • j3Mel on 08-22-08 08:51 AM

Scraplift 5 scrappin' chicks layouts!! Lay your 5 sets of pics out, give yourself 1 hour to find 5 layouts you like and print them off, put them with the pics and get to scrappin'!!!!

I'm going to be pushing myself to do this as well. I've been overthinking layouts lately and instead of doing 1 page an hour it has been taking me 3-4 hours per layout. I plan on changing that this weekend. I'm hoping to get my son's album caught up!!

raindancer
Governor
raindancer
In response to j3Mel

eeks! I don't think I'll be able to do this challenge.. My scrappin mojo fizzled last week and that put me really behind. Oh god! I just realized this is Friday.. lol. Yeah, there's no way on this one.. but I am going to try and get the weekly challenge done. We'll see. I seem to be a little stuck right now... I'm going to try and scrap tonight, see what I can do.

scraprabbit
Queen
scraprabbit

No pics arrived today in my mailbox.

KatieJo
Governor
KatieJo

Five in one weekend!? Wow!

I too was shooting for getting the mini challenge LO done too... thought that that would be doing well after this week (mostly nasty work stuff) and my own lack of scrappin' mojo lately.

KatieJo
Governor
KatieJo
In response to KatieJo

WhooHoo! I finished the mini challenge... sort of. May have not followed all the rules exactly right, but I think I like it and it DID get me actually scrappin'. So thanks Mel.

I will try to post it tomorrow or Sunday when the lighting is better... since I do not have the stitching thing down at all.

j3Mel
j3Mel 
Idol
j3Mel
  • j3Mel on 08-22-08 08:26 PM
In response to KatieJo

beat at my own game I didn't get to scrap a thing tonight. Gonna have to make up for lost time the next two days

go me

godschild94
Governor
godschild94
In response to j3Mel

A few new layouts for me...all but one completed earlier this week and all with lots of photos!

Christmas Eve at Home
By Godschild94

Together @ Christmas
By Godschild94

Playful Sam
By Godschild94
I am super proud of this one...5 photos on a single pager...woo-hoo!

KatieJo
Governor
KatieJo

Well, it is done but unfortuantely I didn't do the title "box". I did more of a title "circle" so I don't think I technically met the challenge exactly, but I did manage the scalloped borders on both the page and the title. And of course, I got everything else I think. Yeah! Again, thanks for the challenge inspiration.

url=http://www.scrapbook.com/gallery/image/layout/ 1667633.html][/url] Best Buddies By KatieJo

4kowbabies
Expert
4kowbabies
In response to KatieJo

Just popping in to say hello.. we had a preeclampsia walk today and we are busy tomorrow, so not much scrapping beging done! have a good weekend everyone!

j3Mel
j3Mel 
Idol
j3Mel
  • j3Mel on 08-24-08 08:31 AM

I haven't gotten to scrap one stinkin' piece of paper this weekend. My kitchen faucet died with about an hour of house cleaning to go so we had to shut all the water off to the house so hubby could replace that. I'm trying to finish up my housecleaning now. I'm in the scraproom so I decided to check in. Then I have to mow the yard since hubby is behind as well and he has two guys coming to help him fix the barn and I have to fix supper for all the men working I just wanna scrap!!

KatieJo
Governor
KatieJo
In response to j3Mel

Sorry to hear about all your troubles Mel. Just think it'll be so sweet when you finally get to do it.

Probably a bad time to say that I've managed to finish up about 5 LO's (a couple of two pagers and a single) with at least three photos a piece on them and added them to my gallery. And in case anyone is wondering where all my journaling is, I've decided to put that novella in a pocket in the back of the album. It has fifteen pages to it. I just couldn't fit all on the pages.

Edited by KatieJo on 08-24-08 09:25 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

beach girl 73
Guru
beach girl 73
In response to KatieJo

mms

Mary W.
Expert
Mary W.

Hi everybody - just checking in! I've been working on a layout that I was struggling with, but I think I've got it figured out now! I just have to go put it together. I'm going to try to take some pics of my latest, but I'm running out of good natural light. I guess I could take them outside and take pics. Hmmm...we'll see if I can get it done!

I spent most of the afternoon wrapping baby shower gifts for my son and dil. I have to ship them up to Alaska - two big boxes full! But it was fun buying all that pink stuff! I'd love to be up there, but it's just not possible right now. I hope all this stuff makes up for it for them!

Hope you're all having a good weekend. Looking forward to seeing more of your work!

-Mary

beach girl 73
Guru
beach girl 73
In response to Mary W.

Here's my latest multi-pic LO - made it for the Use Your Supplies challenge: letter stickers. Sorry I couldn't meet the 5 LO challenge here this weekend, but still happy I got 1 done! TFL.
Have a great evening!

Family Reunion 2003
By Mylittlesweetpea

ALevy
ALevy 
Diva
ALevy
  • ALevy on 08-24-08 05:46 PM

Hi all! I'm back after an exhausting & sleepless, but extremely fun weekend! Good thing I'm off of work tomorrow so I can get caught up with at least some sleep and housework. I did get a LO done on Thursday before we left for the mini challenge, but I ran out of time & didn't get it uploaded. I'll get a pic of it & post it, even though I'm late. Still fun to share!

There are some fantastic LOs you ladies have completed! I need to get busy leaving some love on those!

Mel - hope everything came out okay with the ER visit. Sounds like you were busy, busy this weekend!

KatieJo - Great job meeting the 5 LOs - holy cow! You go girl!

Mary - I'm sure your son & dil are going to love getting those two big boxes of goodies!! It's so fun getting big packages in the mail!

Okay, heading off to change loads of laundry. I'll be back soon!

Croppin4Christ
Guru
Croppin4Christ

I did 2 layouts and I finished 3, so that would be cheating!!! We had a busy week; death in the family. So not much scrappin' mojo. Did make several sympathy and thank you cards.

beach girl 73
Guru
beach girl 73
In response to Croppin4Christ

• Croppin4Christ Said:
I did 2 layouts and I finished 3, so that would be cheating!!! We had a busy week; death in the family. So not much scrappin' mojo. Did make several sympathy and thank you cards.

So sorry to hear of your loss. hugs

raindancer
Governor
raindancer

Hey, when I click on gallery #11, it takes me to gallery #10..

Aumommie
Diva
Aumommie
In response to j3Mel

Just had to share and maybe someone else already posted this I caa't remember, but I just bought Becky Higgins Creative Sketches for Scrapbooking -- they are all multi pic LO!!!!!!! Most are 2 page ,but you could do them as a one page and contain 4-10 photos!!!!! I hope to get to use it this week. Need to get some cleaning done then its MY time!!!!!

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper
In response to Aumommie

Wow-- What a BUSY weekend-- I didn't get to sb at ALL! We did get so work done on the house we are remodeling, however so the weekend wasn't a total loss! The bathroom is almost finished!
Hopefully I will get some LO's done this week. DH and I are going to the Aggie game this weekend so probably none again unless I can squeeze one in on Sunday after we get home--We shall see--
Mel-- I hope all is better with you and you have a GREAT week!
The LO's posted are wonderful! Ya'll keep up the good work! (Yeah-- you can tell I'm from Texas!)

KatieJo
Governor
KatieJo

Except for the mini-challenge, I have to confess that I didn't manage to do all those LO's in one weekend... just managed to finish them and upload them. So, I didn't manage the big challenge either. Lately finding that right finishing touch has been almost as hard as putting them together at all.

scrappingaddict
Pro
scrappingaddict
In response to KatieJo

Here are some new lo's I did for my wedding book...enjoy!

Details ~ 3
By Scrappingaddict

Wedding~Reception
By Scrappingaddict

DeMarco~Serafin Reception
By Scrappingaddict

Like Mother...Like Daughter
By Scrappingaddict

Family
By Scrappingaddict

Details ~ 2
By Scrappingaddict

The Guests
By Scrappingaddict

Now, time for bed! Hope you enjoy

j3Mel
j3Mel 
Idol
j3Mel
  • j3Mel on 08-26-08 05:22 AM

Good grief Ann. You have been on a roll. The desire is there for me but ended up in the barn again last night helping put a ceiling in the new tack room I'll be glad when hubby's sudden desire to redo everything passes and I can have some me time back.

I was busy at work yesterday and didn't get a weekly challenge posted. I think I'll do another this and that challenge. Remember, the challenge is to get all five random things into one layout.

1. use unusual shaped buttons (anything but round)
2. make a journaling tag
3. doodle on the layout
4. use bling
5. you CAN'T use any patterned paper !! Unless you make a pattern on it yourself using stamps or a printer.

I will not be around a lot this week ladies. Hubbies big trailride and birthday party is Sunday so lots to do to get ready for the fun. We have about 45 people riding horses and probably over 100 coming for the BBQ and dance. Oh yeah, sometime in there I have to get 200 wedding invitations cut out with my robo and put together. I have the inside printed and cut, just have to cut the outer part and assemble the two pieces together. Anybody want to come help???

Mini challenge for today - let's put 20 new posts in the string after this one. Let us know what you are doing, current projects you are working on, or just send out a call for your mojo to come back!!!!!

Happy Tuesday!!

scrappingaddict
Pro
scrappingaddict
In response to j3Mel

• j3Mel Said:
Good grief Ann. You have been on a roll.

I will spend a week scrapping and then load them all in one day. Last night I chose to load rather than scrap so I could get them in my album. I will spend the next week scrapping and then in about a week, I'll load them in here. My layouts take so much time, between choosing the design, implementing it and of course, finding what supplies I want to use. I am working at a computer desk in my already cramped bedroom so space is something I would appreciate so much!

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper

I have been working my way through everyone's galleries and trying to sprinkle some love-- If I haven't made it to yours, I will!

raindancer
Governor
raindancer
In response to j3Mel

• j3Mel Said:
Good grief Ann. You have been on a roll. The desire is there for me but ended up in the barn again last night helping put a ceiling in the new tack room I'll be glad when hubby's sudden desire to redo everything passes and I can have some me time back.

I was busy at work yesterday and didn't get a weekly challenge posted. I think I'll do another this and that challenge. Remember, the challenge is to get all five random things into one layout.

1. use unusual shaped buttons (anything but round)
2. make a journaling tag
3. doodle on the layout
4. use bling
5. you CAN'T use any patterned paper !! Unless you make a pattern on it yourself using stamps or a printer.

I will not be around a lot this week ladies. Hubbies big trailride and birthday party is Sunday so lots to do to get ready for the fun. We have about 45 people riding horses and probably over 100 coming for the BBQ and dance. Oh yeah, sometime in there I have to get 200 wedding invitations cut out with my robo and put together. I have the inside printed and cut, just have to cut the outer part and assemble the two pieces together. Anybody want to come help???

Mini challenge for today - let's put 20 new posts in the string after this one. Let us know what you are doing, current projects you are working on, or just send out a call for your mojo to come back!!!!!

Happy Tuesday!!

I hope all goes well with the party. It sounds like it is going to be a great one!! It makes me miss living in the country.. suburbia is just the rat race.. of course here in PA they like to pretend its country cause there's cornfields..lol. And it is a lot slower pace than South Florida.. but there is still such a sense of anonymity. It gets a little lonely being around so many people, yet not having anybody.. sigh. There's my pity party for the day.

My week is going to consist of getting my kids outside for as much time as possible. They want to go to the pool today (the pain..the suffering.. its going to top at 80 degrees today and I'm going to freeze my butt off in the frigid water!!)

But my main goals for the week is to finish getting school stuff prepared. Meet the teachers on Thursday. Take some time to get the house straightened out cause boy have I been neglecting that! Get prepared for DS birthday in 2 weeks. God, I have got to remember the darn "goody bags"..anyone got suggestions for "goody bags" for 10-11 year olds? They are a little beyond pirate eye patches and bouncing balls now. I have also got to gear myself up for "the diet" starting next week. I have gained 20 lbs since moving to PA and I am sick of it! Sick of feeling like ******** and feeling like I look like ********. I also want to shed the weight because we're heading to Argentina for xmas and I will be darned to show up around all of the stick thin South American ladies that I haven't seen in 6 years looking like a run down housewife. God. That sounds so shallow, but there you go.

So those are my immediate goals/wants for the next two weeks. Hopefully I'll get to scrap somewhere in there too!

raindancer
Governor
raindancer

That's so funny. They *bleeped* out the word c*r*a*p*.. that's a pretty tame word, I thought lol

j3Mel
j3Mel 
Idol
j3Mel
  • j3Mel on 08-26-08 09:01 AM

I know exactly how you feel about the weight gain etc. I just haven't found the motivation for a diet yet.

as for goodie bags for 10-11 year olds. My kids used to go to a parochial school and their birthdays always fell during lent. We wouldn't put candy in them because some kid had always given it up. I used to find the seek and find books, puzzle books, funky pencils, plastic bugs for the boys, packs of lip gloss for the girls etc to put in them. Dollar Tree was my life saver in those days.

Oh yeah, instead of sending cake or cookies, we always made dirt pudding and put gummy worms in it as a treat. My daughter's class was always excited about her birthday even up to 8th grade cuz they knew it meant dirt pudding. The older they got, the bigger the cup I made them in. Had one of the kids tell me when they hit high school (they are seniors this year) that is one of the things she missed about "grade school" was Joni's birthday treat

ALevy
ALevy 
Diva
ALevy
  • ALevy on 08-26-08 12:48 PM
In response to j3Mel

The birthday party sounds like it's going to be a blast. I've always loved horses. There's just something about them... You guys sure do go all out for your parties! Our birthday parties consist of mom & dad coming over for cake.

I know all about the weight gain too. I've been doing boxing, weights & a bootcamp class 3x a week since January. Wouldn't you think I could lose more than 4 lbs?? I've come to the realization that I just need to quit eating junk! But unfortunately in today's society, it's soooo easy to just grab something quick. Whether it be a fast food meal, or something frozen. I don't know how people do it with a FT job, kids, kids' activities and their own activities. I'm having a hard time managing just mine & DH's time without feeling like Oh what to do...what to do???

raindancer
Governor
raindancer
In response to ALevy

Well, I've come to the conclusion that the only way to lose weight is to dump the sugar. And thats hard cause I am a coca cola junkie. But I'm also a stress/binge eater and I know that I have to work on healing that issue if I ever truly want to be healthy. Having emotional release linked to food is BAD..bad..bad. Then you get into a perpetual cycle of cravings and laziness. I do the South Beach Diet because the 2 weeks of hard core no sugar no fruit no carbs actually break those cravings.. if you can force yourself to get through it.. well, I'm off to order pizza for dinner (ironic, no?) lol.. I did say I was starting next week.. hopefully with that hr that I usually would be cooking, I can sneak off and scrap!!

j3Mel
j3Mel 
Idol
j3Mel
  • j3Mel on 08-26-08 01:05 PM
In response to ALevy

Normally birthday's come and go at our house but I was told if I didn't do something for Larry's 40th, it would be "done unto him" :shock:

The trailride costs me nothing.....just invited all our riding friends for an afternoon ride. The BBQ - I probably would have done that anyway.......everybody loves food right?? The dance - one of DD17's friends offered to bring his laptop and/or ipod over and hook into speakers loaned to us by DH's best friend who has a band. It is going to be very informal. Oh yeah, the gifts.......I can't wait to see what depths some of his "friends" resort to to get even with him.....bbbbbwwwwwwwhahahahahahah haha

j3Mel
j3Mel 
Idol
j3Mel
  • j3Mel on 08-26-08 01:07 PM
In response to j3Mel

getting rid of the sugar helps a lot. I have a hard time giving up the starches. I love potatoes. Everything else I can avoid but I love love love potatoes. Did I mention that potatoes are my favorite food group??? Hubby being diagnosed as diabetic has given me reason to get rid of most of the sugars at our house but the starches aren't leaving without a fight :drahmah:

KatieJo
Governor
KatieJo
In response to j3Mel

I've been trying that diet and exericise thing too. My cholesterol is awful, and I have heart disease and diabetes in my family. So with my doctor's suggestion... I've been eating really good weekdays (no cheating) and goofing off quite a bit on the weekends. She seemed to think that it wasn't something that a person could 100% of the time forever. And I've been trying to exercise more too... which is any at all. I'm hovering at about 15 pounds gone, which is making me feel better, but my clothes fit badly. Still have to exercise tonight yet...

And potatoes are one of my downfalls too... and hot dogs, and cheesecake and... chocolate and Mt. Dew... and .... Can you tell why I had to go on a diet in the first place?

Edited by KatieJo on 08-26-08 04:20 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Castle Scrapper
Diva
Castle Scrapper
In response to KatieJo

Hi all! I went off last weekend for 3 full days of uninterupted scrappin! I worked on our Washington DC trip. I got a lot done (64 pages) but I still have more to do. I just uploaded some of them to my gallery - if you get a chance check them out and let me know what you think.

I hope I get a chance this week to catch up on all the posts here!

wimpygirl
Veteran
wimpygirl
In response to Castle Scrapper

Hi everyone, I have had a hard time getting acu, but I am!!! I love all the diet talk----- I need to get back to the Ymca, that I am paying for and not using. I am playing golf 3 times aweek though. That is better than nothing, right??? I have enjoyed all ya'lls lo's. I have not done any sbing this week, so I guess my doing the challenge will be put off, but====I made a stop at Big lots today and found some new stuff, so excited!!! Some rub on and other new stuff to add to the STUFF that I keep buying. Addicted to buying,, for sure.Got to go watch Hillary's speach.

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper

• M Clark Said:
Hi all! I went off last weekend for 3 full days of uninterupted scrappin! I worked on our Washington DC trip. I got a lot done (64 pages) but I still have more to do. I just uploaded some of them to my gallery - if you get a chance check them out and let me know what you think.

Ya'll definitely need to check them out-- they are great! Congrats on getting them all done-- I look forward to the rest.

ALevy
ALevy 
Diva
ALevy
  • ALevy on 08-27-08 04:12 AM

• M Clark Said:

64 pages????? Holy cow, that's amazing!! I'd be lucky to get 30 done in a 3 day crop! Way to go!

Aumommie
Diva
Aumommie
In response to ALevy

OK I swear I will get one LO done this week.
I have a new sketch book, my scra area is all organized I just need to get my patootie down there and do it.

I am going back to Curves next week when the kiddos atart school. I didn't gain over the summer but was/am WAAAAAAYYYYY beyond where I want/need to be. So back to school is becoming Mommie makeover time!!! I am really excited about it.

scraprabbit
Queen
scraprabbit
In response to Aumommie

Hey all...I'm on the eating better/exercise kick too. I've lost about 10 pounds since July. I rejoined sparkpeople.com...you can put in your foods and it'll tell you how many calories, carbs, etc. you ate (that was a wake-up call for me!) and if you want to lose ____ pounds by ____ date it'll tell you how many calories to eat a day and how much to exercise to attain that. I was losing my 2 pounds/week until I started slacking the last week a little bit, but I have maintained at least and not gained back. I'm sclark608 over there if any of you are there.

Oh, and my 5 8x10s came in the mail yesterday, but the 4x6s didn't show up yet. I started back to school with meetings this week (except today!) and then students come next week, so I don't know how much I'll be able to scrap in the next couple of weeks. I might try to squeeze some in today though if I can.

raindancer
Governor
raindancer

• M Clark Said:

64 pages! Holy cow! I need to take a page out of your book. Thats an amazing amount. If I went to an all night crop I'd be lucky to finish one 2 pg LO. Of course, crops are bad for me. All of the chatter is way distracting. I'll have to check out your gallery later today and leave some love.

raindancer
Governor
raindancer

• scraprabbit Said:
Hey all...I'm on the eating better/exercise kick too. I've lost about 10 pounds since July. I rejoined sparkpeople.com...you can put in your foods and it'll tell you how many calories, carbs, etc. you ate (that was a wake-up call for me!) and if you want to lose ____ pounds by ____ date it'll tell you how many calories to eat a day and how much to exercise to attain that. I was losing my 2 pounds/week until I started slacking the last week a little bit, but I have maintained at least and not gained back. I'm sclark608 over there if any of you are there.

Oh, and my 5 8x10s came in the mail yesterday, but the 4x6s didn't show up yet. I started back to school with meetings this week (except today!) and then students come next week, so I don't know how much I'll be able to scrap in the next couple of weeks. I might try to squeeze some in today though if I can.

That website sounds cool. I'm going to check it out.

Aumommie
Diva
Aumommie

terri -- you have inspired me to tackle my Disney parade pictures!!! Here I go!!!

ALevy
ALevy 
Diva
ALevy
  • ALevy on 08-27-08 07:22 AM

I love Sparkpeople too. I used it two years ago & over the summer I lost 20 pounds. I need to get back to it. I know that if I start making better food choices (unlike the mexican food last night!) I'll do so much better. I just get tired of trying to find quick, easy, HEALTHY things to make. Neither DH or I are big fish eaters, so that can be scratched. I have a huge Word document full of low fat crock pot recipes. I need to look through those again. If anyone is interested, PM your email addy and I'll forward it onto you. I have tried a couple & they were pretty good.

Aumommie
Diva
Aumommie
In response to ALevy

If I have a salad and a milkshake do they cancel each other out. We are going to lunch with DH before kiddos go back to school. The place is an oldtime soda fountain. I have been avoiding it for a while now due to the milkshake delima. I guess I'll just have to make up for it later in the day (extra exercise or less dinner)

Frau_Cooney
Diva
Frau_Cooney

Hi all,

I've been on vacation am just getting all caught up with this group. No scrapping for me on vacation, so nothing new to post, though I hope to get back to posting some of my existing things soon.

My only scrapping-related activity has been playing with the Cricut Expression I got for my birthday. I definitely have some manual reading to do!

Glad to read all your posts and see some beautiful multipic layouts!

Jane

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper
In response to Aumommie

• Aumommie Said:
terri -- you have inspired me to tackle my Disney parade pictures!!! Here I go!!!

FANTASTIC!

beach girl 73
Guru
beach girl 73

• M Clark Said:

64 pages? You rock! I'll be lucky if I get 50 pages done for the year. I'll be checking out your gallery later - have some errands to run now.

scrappingaddict
Pro
scrappingaddict

64 los....WOW! It would take me a month to get that much done! Great lo's!

Castle Scrapper
Diva
Castle Scrapper

• terrihooper Said:
  • M Clark Said:

Ya'll definitely need to check them out-- they are great! Congrats on getting them all done-- I look forward to the rest.

Aww, thanks for the nice words. I think I can get a lot done because my pages are pretty simple. My goal is to organize my photos, and I'm so far behind that I'll never get caught up if I spend hours on a lo.

Also, our croppin groups likes to stay up late - I never went to bed before 3 am. We used to stay up all night, but I guess we're getting old because we don't do that anymore.

I've read some of the diet talk - what a 4 letter word! I need to get back on a diet/exercise plan, because I've gained 40 pounds this year. Do you think sitting on my rear scrappin' all the time has anything to do with it?

scraprabbit
Queen
scraprabbit
In response to ALevy

• ALevy Said:
I love Sparkpeople too. I used it two years ago & over the summer I lost 20 pounds. I need to get back to it. I know that if I start making better food choices (unlike the mexican food last night!) I'll do so much better. I just get tired of trying to find quick, easy, HEALTHY things to make. Neither DH or I are big fish eaters, so that can be scratched. I have a huge Word document full of low fat crock pot recipes. I need to look through those again. If anyone is interested, PM your email addy and I'll forward it onto you. I have tried a couple & they were pretty good.

I'm gonna pm you for that recipe list...I LOVE my crockpot! One way I get around a lot of counting and stuff is to eat a healthy breakfast (1-2 carbs, fruit, and usually dairy), really healthy lunch (big salad, sandwich, wrap, etc. with LOTS of veggies), small snack (popcorn, whole wheat crackers, fruit, etc.) and then pretty much whatever I want for dinner (w/in reason...and w/in portion sizes). I pack my lunch to bring to work, so the salad/sandwich works great for me.

j3Mel
j3Mel 
Idol
j3Mel
  • j3Mel on 08-27-08 11:55 AM

oh yeah, I want those crock pot recipes. My only problem is I have to watch all the numbers for hubby since he is diabetic. Have to shy away from starch since he isn't very good at limiting himself when needed. But with football and basketball seasons knocking on my door, the crockpot becomes my friend.

I'm going to try and check out some the 64 layouts as well (:faint: I could do it if I could find 3 days in a row) Haven't had much me time this week but I plan on changing that as soon as I get through this birthday party and training I have to be at next week for 3 days

Page 4 of 29 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics