Page 5 of 29 
Username Post: Lot of Pics Scrappin Chicks Support Group        (Topic#1465639)
Aumommie
Diva
Aumommie
In response to j3Mel

I SCRAPPED TODAY!!!!! i WILL POST MY lo AS SOON AS I GET A MINUTE!!

godschild94
Governor
godschild94
In response to Aumommie

• Aumommie Said:
Just had to share and maybe someone else already posted this I caa't remember, but I just bought Becky Higgins Creative Sketches for Scrapbooking -- they are all multi pic LO!!!!!!! Most are 2 page ,but you could do them as a one page and contain 4-10 photos!!!!! I hope to get to use it this week. Need to get some cleaning done then its MY time!!!!!

Totally love that book and use it all the time for inspiration. You can also mix and match the sides of the pages too to get totally new layouts!

godschild94
Governor
godschild94
In response to ALevy

• ALevy Said:
  • M Clark Said:
Hi all! I went off last weekend for 3 full days of uninterupted scrappin! I worked on our Washington DC trip. I got a lot done (64 pages) but I still have more to do. I just uploaded some of them to my gallery - if you get a chance check them out and let me know what you think.

I hope I get a chance this week to catch up on all the posts here!

64 pages????? Holy cow, that's amazing!! I'd be lucky to get 30 done in a 3 day crop! Way to go!

Wowsers...I am psyched to get 5 or 6 done. Great work though on getting all those layouts done.

ALevy
ALevy 
Diva
ALevy
  • ALevy on 08-27-08 05:22 PM
In response to godschild94

Well, here's my latest. This was supposed to be for last week's this and that challenge, as well as a scraplift challenge I'm in. See how timely I am??? LOL

Sisters in the Sand
By ALevy

j3Mel
j3Mel 
Idol
j3Mel
  • j3Mel on 08-27-08 07:36 PM
In response to ALevy

I'm so glad you ladies are getting the chance to scrap. I got in the house 20 minutes ago, took a quick shower, and ate some leftovers for supper. We got the barn almost finished tonight.....we still have to bring all the tools up from building the new scrap room though. We also gave all the horses mani's and pedi's and hair cuts (trimmed/shod/manes combed out and detangled/brow paths trimmed). So they should be nice and pretty for the trailride on Sunday and take some pretty pictures HAHA.

So we still have to get all the tack out of the garage and into the new tack room tomorrow night. I'll mow everything Friday night and then Saturday we'll just finish picking up the little messes, Larry will mow the pasture, and I will clean up all the saddles. This party wasn't supposed to be so dang much work oh yeah, I gotta cook all the briskets on Saturday too. I better get some serious scrap time next weekend. I"m talking lock me in my room and leave me alone for the weekend.

I'm done whining now. Thanks for listening to me be a crybaby!!

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper
In response to j3Mel

Parties always turn out to be so much work, don't they! The are a great oppotunity to do all the things you put off doing (major cleaning, finishing projects etc..) How nice it will be to relax with friends and have a beverage! Then once it is over to enjoy all the things you did (new tack room etc..)
I hope you have a GREAT weekend! The traill ride sounds like so much fun- I haven't done that in years. I LOVE to ride! I miss having my horses around!

Aumommie
Diva
Aumommie
In response to terrihooper

Melanie -- I hope you enjoy the party -- it sounds great!!! Maybe a few of us can come over next weekend and block the door for you to get some scrappy time!!!

Edited by Aumommie on 08-28-08 05:50 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

j3Mel
j3Mel 
Idol
j3Mel
  • j3Mel on 08-28-08 06:16 AM
In response to Aumommie

CROP AT MY HOUSE I can't be dragged out of my room kickin' and screamin' if I'm the hostess

cindy312
Diva
cindy312
In response to j3Mel

Whew! Caught up reading posts; hope to eventually check out everyone's galleries. I haven't scrapped at all in at least a week. DH starts a new job today after being unemployed for 3 months and we've been frantically trying to do a bunch of projects around the house while we had the time.

I might have to take a few minutes to myself today when Trevor naps to do a little scrapping.

Cindy

Aumommie
Diva
Aumommie
In response to cindy312

Here are my LO I did. I couldn't wait until Sun to up load them.

Stormtroopers
By Aumommie

Mickey head Sar Wars weekend
By Aumommie

Dark Side with no letters
By Aumommie

Dark Side with Letters
By Aumommie

Brothers
By Aumommie

It felt good to get somethign done!!!

Need advice on the letters on the "Dark Side" LO. Letters or no letters what do you think??

wimpygirl
Veteran
wimpygirl
In response to Aumommie

I really like the letters. Nice lo's all are great, but I like the letters, makes it very interesting! How did you get that effect?

Aumommie
Diva
Aumommie
In response to wimpygirl

They are ghost letters that a inked with silver on the back.

KatieJo
Governor
KatieJo
In response to Aumommie

Wow. ACU again! Yeah! Think I've made comments in everyone's gallery if they've added anything recently too. I hope so anyway... sometimes I get a little confused...

They had a blood drive yesterday at work and for the first time I got enough nerve and decided to try to give some. Granted the lady who handles those things... our injury prevention manager... practically had to hold my hand, but I did it! I am so proud of myself. (Note that I'm telling everyone!) And I really, really don't like needles! Didn't feel very well at all for a few hours afterwards. Only started feeling completely like myself this afternoon again.

Probably will just HAVE to do some scrapping to celebrate huh?

KatieJo
Governor
KatieJo
In response to KatieJo

Oh and the really good thing about giving blood is that for 24 hours afterwards, you aren't really supposed to exercise. So I had a really good excuse for once.

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper
In response to KatieJo

mms

Chantal Miller
Pro
Chantal Miller

Finally ACU reading the post. should be able to spend more time year next week.

Chantal Miller
Pro
Chantal Miller
In response to Chantal Miller

goodness my spelling is atrocious.

I have question. I am single page multi photo kind of girl. But to double page girls. Do you make exceptions for those single pics. You know the school photo or photos taken at an event by someone else's parent etc.

Aumommie
Diva
Aumommie
In response to KatieJo

• KatieJo Said:
Wow. ACU again! Yeah! Think I've made comments in everyone's gallery if they've added anything recently too. I hope so anyway... sometimes I get a little confused...

They had a blood drive yesterday at work and for the first time I got enough nerve and decided to try to give some. Granted the lady who handles those things... our injury prevention manager... practically had to hold my hand, but I did it! I am so proud of myself. (Note that I'm telling everyone!) And I really, really don't like needles! Didn't feel very well at all for a few hours afterwards. Only started feeling completely like myself this afternoon again.

Way to go!!! Maybe I'll get the courage up this year for DS's hockey team. They do a give blood for hockey blood drive at the beginning of every season.

beach girl 73
Guru
beach girl 73

• Chantal Miller Said:

I have question. I am single page multi photo kind of girl. But to double page girls. Do you make exceptions for those single pics. You know the school photo or photos taken at an event by someone else's parent etc.

I personally do whatever the photos dictate. Most of the time I have so many photos that I do 2-page multi-pic LOs. However, sometimes I do 1-page multi-pics, and sometimes 1 page/1pic LOs. The one pic LOs are usually the portraits or they are for challenges, which I enjoy because it gets me thinking Outside the Box . For example, here is one that I did this month for the Use Your Supplies challenge. The pic is from Valentines day, but I wanted the page to be about my daughter's favorite color. This one pic is the only one I needed to accomplish my goal. The other pics from this day will go on a 1 or 2 page multi-pic Valentine 's day LO.

The Color of Love
By Mylittlesweetpea

Are you struggling with using only 1 pic on a LO, or just curious what others are doing in this situation. Let us know if we can help at all.

beach girl 73
Guru
beach girl 73
In response to beach girl 73

BTW, sb.com automatically hyper-linked the phrase Outside the Box to a product in the store. That is not my doing. Is there a way to unlink something like that?

j3Mel
j3Mel 
Idol
j3Mel
  • j3Mel on 08-29-08 07:55 AM

I occasionally run across a picture that is special enough to be on a page all by itself. I usually find a challenge to help me with those pics. They normally end up on a wall somewhere instead of a scrapbook. I have also been known to do a 1 pic layout for a challenge then use the rest of the pics from that event for a facing page so my albums even out.

raindancer
Governor
raindancer
In response to KatieJo

• KatieJo Said:

Great job on giving blood! I love/hate giving blood. The needles don't bother me, but I always feel woozy afterward.. so that part sucks. Anyway.. it was great of you to do so.. be proud and brag a little. Most folks don't bother to take the time.

raindancer
Governor
raindancer

• Chantal Miller Said:

Right now, I always do double page LOs- even if there's a total of 3 pictures on both pages. But I think that when I get around to my BOM, I'm going to try to do all single pages.. which should be a challenge since I've never done one before.

Frau_Cooney
Diva
Frau_Cooney
In response to raindancer

I will definitely make exceptions and do a single photo layout. Sometimes one photo really does say it all, or sometimes I use a single photo as a "cover page" for the layouts to come. It's not my general style, but I really try to let myself do whatever feels right at the moment!

KatieJo
Governor
KatieJo
In response to Frau_Cooney

Hey! I'm pretty much like most people here... I can and have done them... just not too often... mostly for challenges here or special occasions.

And thanks for letting me brag a little bit about the other...

And as for scrappin'... I didn't get any done last night. My one cat likes to sit on the scanner/printer and hit the buttons with her feet. She messed something up on the machine and I couldn't make any copies of my photos. So... no scrapping the page I was in the mood for. Ugh! I love my kitty! I love my kitty!

Edited by KatieJo on 08-29-08 03:17 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

scraprabbit
Queen
scraprabbit

• mylittlesweetpea Said:
BTW, sb.com automatically hyper-linked the phrase Outside the Box to a product in the store. That is not my doing. Is there a way to unlink something like that?

Not that I know of, unfortunately. It does that for other words too...can't think of them off the top of my head though.

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper

• Chantal Miller Said:

I do--

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper

I have uploaded a bunch more LOs from my scrapbook. I also uploaded pictures of my scrapping area in our bedroom. I cleaned it just for the pictures but it won''t stay looking that way long !
Maybe I will get some NEW lo's done soon. In the meantime, check out my "old" ones that I have posted.
THANKS!

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to scraprabbit

• scraprabbit Said:
  • mylittlesweetpea Said:

Not that I know of, unfortunately. It does that for other words too...can't think of them off the top of my head though.

You can't really unlink words and phrases that hyperlink to the superstore, but you can preceed them with a ~ sign . I once created a poll with all sorts of brand names, and each became hyperlinked. This was back when the most recent poll appeared on the right side of the screen. They hyperlinks made the poll so wide, that it skewed the entire screen for everyone. I couldn't delete it, or fix it! People were so mad at me . It was late on a Friday night, and it was a day or two before Megan was available to fix it. She's the one that told me to use a ~ before the product name with my next poll, but believe me, there never was a "next" pole for me, lol!

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to cindy312

• cindy312 Said:
Whew! Caught up reading posts; hope to eventually check out everyone's galleries. I haven't scrapped at all in at least a week. DH starts a new job today after being unemployed for 3 months and we've been frantically trying to do a bunch of projects around the house while we had the time.

I might have to take a few minutes to myself today when Trevor naps to do a little scrapping.

Cindy

Good to hear that DH has employment again. DH and I have both been through a spell like that (at the same time!!). I hope Trevor gave you a good, long nap to work with!

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam

• Chantal Miller Said:

I do. Some pictures really warrant their own page. I've done pages with one or two photos, but lots of journaling, just because it was called for.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam
In response to Luvmyfam

Terri!!! You've been a busy bee tonight. My inbox is flooded, lol!!! I'm off to check out some los.

beach girl 73
Guru
beach girl 73
In response to Luvmyfam

• Luvmyfam Said:
  • scraprabbit Said:
  • mylittlesweetpea Said:

You can't really unlink words and phrases that hyperlink to the superstore, but you can preceed them with a ~ sign . I once created a poll with all sorts of brand names, and each became hyperlinked. This was back when the most recent poll appeared on the right side of the screen. They hyperlinks made the poll so wide, that it skewed the entire screen for everyone. I couldn't delete it, or fix it! People were so mad at me . It was late on a Friday night, and it was a day or two before Megan was available to fix it. She's the one that told me to use a ~ before the product name with my next poll, but believe me, there never was a "next" pole for me, lol!

Thanks for the advice!

godschild94
Governor
godschild94

Hey ladies. Just checking in tonight and wanted to share a layout I just completed for an online class.

Celebrating Christmas
By Godschild94

Sorry if I haven't been leaving love like I should...I have been super busy with school starting. I promise I will get around and see all your lovely pages sometime this weekend. Until then, tootles!

KatieJo
Governor
KatieJo

Well, I'm up now. I was sleeping on the sofa... just do that some Friday nights. Don't know why. My kitty, Blossom, woke me up though at 5:30 by jabbing me in the toe with one of her claws. (She likes to attack MY feet when they are under a blanket.) I can't go back to sleep right now. Oh well.

Good for you and yours Cindy. Hope the dh's job goes well. I have to confess I didn't even see that until Jennifer commented on it above. Sometimes I don't retain everything I try to read I guess.

Terri... checked out your gallery and made lots of comments.

Jennifer... I could definitely understand why you might not do a poll again. LOL. Sometimes I feel like every word I put on here is going to lead to that.... I have been known to kill lots of threads.

(I was involved in one that went on for months too though... so I think this one is safe.)

Well, I'm finally going to print those photos I wanted the other night now... wish me luck... and no kitty interference.

Edited by KatieJo on 08-30-08 03:35 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

KatieJo
Governor
KatieJo
In response to KatieJo

so much for that

my kitty, midnight, is attacking my photos as i move them around my page... again the claws... and this is my one-handed (oops she left) typing as I was holding her to try and calm her down... other ways of doing it don't seem to work well for her.

KatieJo
Governor
KatieJo
In response to KatieJo

Yes, I know... don't let them in to the scraproom when you're trying to work... but they are so cute to look at...

beach girl 73
Guru
beach girl 73

• godschild94 Said:
Hey ladies. Just checking in tonight and wanted to share a layout I just completed for an online class.

Celebrating Christmas
By Godschild94

Janeen, you do such a great job on your Christmas LOs. I have avoided working on mine, because there are always so many and it seems like we have the same pics every year (opening the gifts, the tree, etc.) I may have to use your LOs for inspiration.

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam

Janeen, that is a lovely lo.

Katie jo, my cat attacks our toes, too. We say that she is protecting us from toe-monsters. I don't have a scrap room, so my cat is into all of my stuff. It wouldn't matter if I did have my own room, though, as she would just tunnel under the door. She does not like closed doors.

Susan, I agree. My Christmas los are the same thing, year after year. I've only scrapped a few Christmas years because of that. I think it would be fun to do some layouts with all of the years combined. Same events....but with the kids getting older (yeah yeah...the adults too )

beach girl 73
Guru
beach girl 73
In response to Luvmyfam

I was reading all the "cat" posts from earlier and thinking "Oh, cats can be so cute and playful" (I have 5, btw). Then I just discovered that 1 of my cats climbed into a tote bag full of my scrap stuff and PEED on it! I am furious, but mostly just want to cry... I had to throw away so much stuff. Now I have to secure all my other stuff...cat-proof it!

scraprabbit
Queen
scraprabbit

About Christmas pics... I have a hard time with them too. I do also keep a 6x6 album that I do a double page spread in with each Christmas picture. I usually have a pic of our tree, then a pic of us in front of it. I journal a little about what we got, or what was going on that year. It's fun to look through.

godschild94
Governor
godschild94

For my Christmas layouts I use a lot of Becky Higgins sketches...that last layout was one...because they allow me to get all the pictures on them to tell my story. Then I start playing with papers and embellishments...sometimes, like today I use the patterned paper as she used it in her layout and that worked for me. I confess I wasn't too thrilled to be working with these photos but they were one of my last sets from that year so I just plowed my way through it. Now I can finally move on to non-Christmasy things!!! Yeah!

Also thanks for the comments ladies but I must confess that my dad is the one who used the threading water punch around the edges. I for the life of me could not figure out how to get it to go around the second corner and he figured it out....go Dad!!!

KatieJo
Governor
KatieJo

Well then let your Dad know what a lovely job he did scrapbooking.

Aumommie
Diva
Aumommie
In response to KatieJo

Just checking in, Katie Jo I was up with you hon. Not sure how I am going to survive dinner at DH coworkers house. As I am ready to crash right now.

Aumommie
Diva
Aumommie

Janeen -- I am taking that class to. I am hoping to work on it this week once the kiddos start school.

KatieJo
Governor
KatieJo
In response to Aumommie

acu

Edited by KatieJo on 08-31-08 05:21 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

raindancer
Governor
raindancer
In response to KatieJo

mms

Luvmyfam
Governor
Luvmyfam

Susan, I saw that thread. That is probably one of the most frustrating things a cat can do.

beach girl 73
Guru
beach girl 73
In response to Luvmyfam

• Luvmyfam Said:
Susan, I saw that thread. That is probably one of the most frustrating things a cat can do.

I saw your post there. Thanks for the hug. I was in a sad mood all day yesterday, but today is a new day. I know I am going to have a better day today.

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper

mms after coming home from a disappointing Aggie game!

godschild94
Governor
godschild94

jci...I have been doing lots of scrapping this weekend but with lots of 2 or 3 photo pages. I plan to work on a 2 pager with more photos tomorrow. Have a great holiday everyone!

ALevy
ALevy 
Diva
ALevy
  • ALevy on 08-31-08 07:20 PM

Hey ladies - JCI, it's been a busy weekend & not much computer time! Definitely no scrapping time. Lots of fishing though. I think I'm fished out for awhile. I'll try to catch up with everyone's new LOs this week! Mel - hope the party was fun!!

Lori_B
Lori_B 
Idol
Lori_B
In response to ALevy

I posted a long long time ago about wanting to be part of this thread, and I still do, I just haven't had the time to sit down and catch up on the reading (or love leaving). I just finished a spread that I especially wanted to share with this group. Here it is, and I promise to catch up. I should have time enough to tomorrow. TFL!

Christmas Day 2007
By CubsFanForever

Christmas Day 2007
By CubsFanForever

Christmas Day 2007 Right
By CubsFanForever

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper
In response to Lori_B

Hi Ladies-- I have been working on my Christmas Card for this year. Take a look and let me know what you think-- I will make a total of 60 but I wanted input on this one first.
TFL
Christmas Card 2008 By Terrihooper

raindancer
Governor
raindancer

mms. Tomorrow is 1st day of school here. Looking forward to it.. sad though too. DD starts Kindergarten on Thursday. I'm just a little blue about it. sigh. I don't look forward to the craziness of adjusting to new schedules.. this week we hop right into it, ballet, gymnastics..bday party prep. At least swim team doesn't start until next week. I do look forward to a little bit of me time though to scrapbook.

Hope everyone had an awesome weekend!

scraprabbit
Queen
scraprabbit

I did a 2-pager today--one side has an 8x10 and the other has 3 4x6s. I won't link them here because they don't have a ton of photos, but feel free to check them out if you want.

Well, the long weekend is ending for me. Back to the real world tomorrow!

j3Mel
j3Mel 
Idol
j3Mel
  • j3Mel on 09-02-08 12:08 PM

hi girls

I survived the party. There a few pics in my gallery from the trailride. I don't have all the pics from some of the other cameras on the ride yet but should be getting sometime this week.

I'll talk more tonight!!

wendella247
Veteran
wendella247
In response to Lori_B

What a great 2-page Christmas layout! Love the little red frame and the basic layout on both sides. You managed to incorporate so many photos and it's still not too busy looking! Fab job!

beach girl 73
Guru
beach girl 73

• raindancer Said:
mms. Tomorrow is 1st day of school here. Looking forward to it.. sad though too. DD starts Kindergarten on Thursday. I'm just a little blue about it. sigh. I don't look forward to the craziness of adjusting to new schedules.. this week we hop right into it, ballet, gymnastics..bday party prep. At least swim team doesn't start until next week. I do look forward to a little bit of me time though to scrapbook.

Hope everyone had an awesome weekend!

My dd starts preschool tomorrow. I am excited and sad at the same time, so I know how you feel. For me, it feels like the beginning of her independence and the end of babyhood. I hope I don't cry when I drop her off. But, like you I am looking forward to me time, too. Hope your back-to-school week is going well!

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali

• Chantal Miller Said:

I do make exceptions for those...However, with that said, I might have to have the photo or potrait blown up to a larger size or fill up the empty space to match the other side...just so that each side is balanced in weight...(note: that's just me & the artsy/interior decorater part of me!)

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to j3Mel

• j3Mel Said:
I occasionally run across a picture that is special enough to be on a page all by itself. I usually find a challenge to help me with those pics. They normally end up on a wall somewhere instead of a scrapbook. I have also been known to do a 1 pic layout for a challenge then use the rest of the pics from that event for a facing page so my albums even out.

Ditto to that!

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to KellyCali

Just an update & jci!

43 people are participating in this thread...Which means I have 42 galleries to go through!...

With that said, I am SO glad to know that there are that many fellow multi-pic scrappers out there!...Yay!!

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali
In response to KellyCali

I'm currently continuing with working on a really fun album from pictures of the Fair (2007 & 2008)...I'd say that from August alone, I'm about 70% of the way done with 64 LO's (= 200 + photos)...This month, I just need to add cut & add of the titles & misc add-ons!

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper
In response to KellyCali

• KellyCali Said:
Just an update & jci!

43 people are participating in this thread...Which means I have 42 galleries to go through!...

With that said, I am SO glad to know that there are that many fellow multi-pic scrappers out there!...Yay!!

Me, too! I love this group!

KellyCali
Governor
KellyCali

Wow!...You have a great space Terri!...Also, you really have a super lead on kicking out your Christmas cards!...What's your goal & or how many are you making/or have you made already?

I always say only 20 cards every year which ultimately turns into 30-40! LOL!

j3Mel
j3Mel 
Idol
j3Mel
  • j3Mel on 09-02-08 07:24 PM
In response to KellyCali

good evening girls....even though it is late enough that I should be in bed right now.

Sorry I haven't posted any mini challenges or weekly challenges this week. Things have been a madhouse for me. I have two more nights to finish 200 wedding invites. I'm almost halfway there. I'm actually going to get to take a few things to work on with me to work tomorrow since I will be in the office by myself and I'm caught up on everything.

I'll try to get a challenge in this week sometime also. I haven't really thought about it so give me some time. So far nobody has scheduled anything for next weekend so I plan on getting some scrappin done hopefully. I"m getting so far behind again. I was so close to having everything scrapped that was printed.

Well I have one more little project then I'm headed to bed. Maybe I can check out layouts tomorrow.

Good luck with the Christmas cards Terri!!! I never make it to that project for some reason

j3Mel
j3Mel 
Idol
j3Mel
  • j3Mel on 09-02-08 07:40 PM
In response to j3Mel

I almost forgot to post this before heading to bed.

new shelf By J3Mel

sometimes it is the little things that make my day. Hubby put a 6 inch shelf across the back of my scrap counter to put my monitor, cricut and lights on. It mades such a huge difference in my work area. Gotta love when hubby does the little things for me.

j3Mel
j3Mel 
Idol
j3Mel
  • j3Mel on 09-03-08 05:46 AM
In response to j3Mel

Good morning ladies. It's raining here today and I would have really liked to have stayed home in bed a while longer but here I is, at work, playing at sb.com instead of working. Bossman is gone for two days and the silence is depressing.

Anyway, I need to do some sort of challenge for this week even though we are already to wednesday. so here goes:

Since my life/scraproom has been completely hijacked by wedding invitations lets do layouts that follow the ideas behind the wedding invites I am working on.

Layout must include

at least 3 pictures
use black/green/pink
corner round something - pictures/mats/journal box
include extended family members
use a monogram

is that enough to make an interesting layout???? I will post pics of the wedding invites if I ever get all of them finished

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper
In response to KellyCali

• KellyCali Said:
Wow!...You have a great space Terri!...Also, you really have a super lead on kicking out your Christmas cards!...What's your goal & or how many are you making/or have you made already?

I always say only 20 cards every year which ultimately turns into 30-40! LOL!

Thanks for the comment on my space! I will pass it on to DH! I am so lucky he is supportive of my habit/addiction/obsession !
I have made 18 of 60 cards-- Kick out a few at a time asembly line style. I am out of the cardstock for the tree right now so I am on hold until I can get another sheet or two.

scrappingaddict
Pro
scrappingaddict

I scrapped all weekend and this is what I accomplished. I need to move faster!

First Dance
By Scrappingaddict

Father Daught Dance
By Scrappingaddict

Mother Son Dance
By Scrappingaddict

Garter Removal
By Scrappingaddict

Bouquet & Garter Toss By Scrappingaddict

Garter/Bouquet Dance
By Scrappingaddict

Frau_Cooney
Diva
Frau_Cooney
In response to scrappingaddict

I just had a few minutes to get caught up with the group. Great to see the layouts posted. I love the Christmas layouts from Cubsfan.

Someday I'll post more layouts! Someday I'll scrap more layouts! I spent my 3-day weekend trying to organize parts of my house. I think I messed more than I organized! But I didn't organize my scrap stuff, so I still haven't gotten a chance to play with my new Cricut very much!

Maybe tonight...

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper
In response to Frau_Cooney

Great LO's Ann!

ALevy
ALevy 
Diva
ALevy
  • ALevy on 09-04-08 05:08 PM

Okay, so I haven't been around much either...but where is everyone? I love checking this thread!

Such great new LOs posted. I THINK I left a little love for everyone, but I'm with KatieJo - I get a little lost & confused sometimes! LOL

I've been procrastinating. I need to go pack up all of my SB stuff so we can get the carpet relaid after having water damage in the basement during the floods earlier this year. I DON'T WANT TO!! Not that I've been doing much scrapping, mind you. Truthfully, I'm just afraid that if I pack it up, I won't get it back out. You ladies will have to stay on me to do it! LOL I'm hoping this weekend I can get it packed up & have the carpet guy come within at least the next couple weeks. October starts getting pretty cool here in Iowa, and that's usually when I do most of my scrapping - fall through spring. I am sooooo not a winter person. If it wasn't for my FT job, I probably would never leave the house!

Mel - how are the invitations coming? You had 200 to do in 2 days?????? Are you crazy? LOL!!! Looking at the pics, it looks like your party was good!

Come on ladies - let's post more!! I need something to do during my downtime at work during the day!!

KatieJo
Governor
KatieJo
In response to ALevy

I have been scrappin' like mad again to try and get the mini challenge done. And it is! Yeah! Not sure if I followed all the rules... are aunts extended family? Otherwise I got everything. I will have to wait though to post since it isn't exactly sunny right now... and I don't scan and stitch my uploads.

Haven't checked out your party photos, Mel. Will have to do that sometime here... probably not tonight since I still have to do those exercises... ugh!

And, Amy, we lost our basement carpet too. But unfornuately, my DH's place of work lost its carpet and its floor... and everything. So, he has been doing several extra jobs there. No time to work on home stuff really... Hopefully in the next few days he should finally get to move out of his boss' house and into a real, honest to goodness office and everyone can get back to work properly and more importantly his cell phone won't be the only phone number the customers have. Yeah! Can hardly wait! Then we can concentrate on other things. How nice that would be.

I really should do some flood LO's someday... but have to steal online photos... behaved myself and didn't get in the way to take any of my own.

ALevy
ALevy 
Diva
ALevy
  • ALevy on 09-04-08 05:52 PM
In response to KatieJo

I thought about doing flood LOs too. But like you, I'd have to find some online. I never thought about it then, but I work right downtown & could have taken some out of our 7th floor window. We're right by the Des Moines river. Hindsight is 20-20 I guess, right?

j3Mel
j3Mel 
Idol
j3Mel
  • j3Mel on 09-04-08 06:42 PM
In response to ALevy

the good news is that I now have until Monday to finish the layouts. The pictures didn't come in. I'm down to cutting monograms and adhering them to the front. The bride to be will help me put everything else together when the pics get here. I finally gave up on them for now. I'm sick of green and pink.

I actually did a little scrapping today. Finished a layout I've been stuck on forever and ever and completed another one. I'll try to load it before I go to bed. It is pretty simple but it's done. I forgot about my own mini challenge so I'll have to try and do that this weekend.

Talk to you ladies tomorrow.

j3Mel
j3Mel 
Idol
j3Mel
  • j3Mel on 09-05-08 07:11 AM
In response to j3Mel

mornin' ladies. Absolutely gorgeous weather here today. I have all the windows and the door open at the office letting the wonderful cool/fresh air in. Making plans for a great weekend.

What are you planning for your weekend??? I'm hoping to do some scrapping and riding both this weekend. It should be the perfect weekend to accomplish both. Open the windows, air out the house and enjoy the wonderful weather. Football game tonight of course but not sure if I'm going....I may stay home and scrap some and finish invitations. I finally got tired of cutting out monograms yesterday and gave it a rest.

Anybody working on the invitation inspired mini challenge????? I may try it myself tonight!!!!!!

ALevy
ALevy 
Diva
ALevy
  • ALevy on 09-05-08 07:41 AM
In response to j3Mel

Good morning! I opened my windows Wednesday & it was GREAT!! We are going camping & fishing now this weekend. It sounds like it will be perfect weather - high Saturday of 72, low of 58. Mmmmmmmm. Can't wait!!

I haven't done any scrapping since my last LO, so no mini challenge for me. One of these days I'll get back in the groove. I hope....

Too bad you couldn't use your cricut to cut out all those monograms. Are you doing this as a favor for someone, or is this one of the paid jobs you thought about trying out?

KellyLynnsGirls
Expert
KellyLynnsGirls
In response to ALevy

Hey everyone...I was invited to come check you guys out my ALevy...I too try to put a lot of photos on my pages...I can't say that it is my favorite way to scrap. As I love my one photo per page LO's...but I find that most of the stuff I scrap, requires me to get a bunch of photos on one 2 page LO.
I look forward to getting to know you ladies...and getting new ideas from you, and hopefully sharing some of my own!
Kelly

ALevy
ALevy 
Diva
ALevy
  • ALevy on 09-05-08 10:09 AM
In response to KellyLynnsGirls

Hi Kelly - glad you found us!

Chantal Miller
Pro
Chantal Miller
In response to ALevy

Hi and welcom Kelly

Here is my latest
The Photoshoot By Chantal Miller

j3Mel
j3Mel 
Idol
j3Mel
  • j3Mel on 09-05-08 11:54 AM

welcome Kelly!!!!

and the invites.......the woman getting married was my babysitter for several years when all three of my kids were little. DD17 is maid of honor in the wedding, DS is a groomman, I am personal attendant/wedding planner/referee for the bride when the MIL to be is a PITA!!!!!! I am doing the wedding invites as a wedding gift. Bride wanted a small wedding (this is her second marriage) - in laws want a blowout since it is the grooms first marriage. In-laws are paying for part of it but bride and groom are footing most of the bill. This is my way of helping out the couple or they sure wouldn't be this involved!!! and yes, I'm cutting the monograms with my cricut but can only get 10 on a sheet so it is taking foooooooorrrrrrreeeevvvvv vveeeeeerrrrrrr.

KatieJo
Governor
KatieJo
In response to j3Mel

Alright here is a LO I posted briefly last weekend. Was quite happy with it and all until as I was looking at it in the gallery I noticed something very odd... it seemed to have two of the same photos on it in the smaller section. When I pulled out the LO to look IRL, indeed it did. That's when it dawned on me when I had accidentally stuck xyron backing (the really sticky stuff) to the photo that had been there before, I had also accidentally reprinted a photo identical to one I already had on the LO to replace it with. UGH! I was so frustrated! It already had some nice comments in the gallery too, but I deleted it out of there and couldn't take a new one without proper lighting....

So, hopefully it is OK now....
Fall River Waterfall By KatieJo

KatieJo
Governor
KatieJo
In response to KatieJo

This is the LO for the mini challenge. As long as aunts are included in extended family, I should be good. Admittedly though, only two of them are my aunts. The others are my mom, sisters and me of course. Have I mentioned how much I hate showing photos of myself normally BTW?

It also has, 3 plus photos, rounded corners (on photos), monograms, and the pink, green, and black (OK - with white too) color scheme. I know, Mel, that you said you were getting sick of these colors but I hope you will forgive me... you asked for it afterall.

3 Sisters repeated By KatieJo

ALevy
ALevy 
Diva
ALevy
  • ALevy on 09-05-08 02:07 PM
In response to KatieJo

Such great new LOs girls!!! Left ya some love! KatieJo - you need to include yourself in more LOs!!! I hated it too at first, but now I'm like "will someone take MY pic??". I'm always the photographer!

Well, sounds like camping may be out this weekend. DH loaded 6 tons of scrap metal into a trailer by hand today & he is soooooo sore. I'm sure the last thing he wants to do is sleep in a tent! Oh well, there's always next weekend I guess. Maybe if he doesn't make other plans for us, I can actually do some scrapping before I have to pack it all away! These LOs I'm seeing have definitely made me want to scrap!

j3Mel
j3Mel 
Idol
j3Mel
  • j3Mel on 09-05-08 02:43 PM
In response to KatieJo

• KatieJo Said:
This is the LO for the mini challenge. As long as aunts are included in extended family, I should be good. Admittedly though, only two of them are my aunts. The others are my mom, sisters and me of course. Have I mentioned how much I hate showing photos of myself normally BTW?

It also has, 3 plus photos, rounded corners (on photos), monograms, and the pink, green, and black (OK - with white too) color scheme. I know, Mel, that you said you were getting sick of these colors but I hope you will forgive me... you asked for it afterall.

3 Sisters repeated By KatieJo

I'm sick of looking at the monograms in that color but that layout is awesome.

KatieJo
Governor
KatieJo
In response to j3Mel

Yeah! My DH came just came home and told me that they have moved into their new temporary office. (They plan on building a replacement place at some point... have the land for it picked out and everything... farther away from the river obviously.) He is sore from the moving too of course.

scraprabbit
Queen
scraprabbit
In response to KatieJo

Hi all! Just checking in. I bought the Silhouette and it came today so I just finished hooking that up. (If you have one and have good tips I'd love to hear them!) I hope to get some more use out of it and get a couple pages done this weekend.

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper
In response to ALevy

Welcome Kelly!

KatieJo
Governor
KatieJo

Yes, welcome Kelly! Sarah... I'm jealous... the Silhouette sounds like so much fun... at least what it can do once you figure out how to make it do things... sounds like so much fun. And its new scrapbooking stuff. Yeah!

raindancer
Governor
raindancer
In response to KatieJo

Hey all.. I haven't been around too much this week. Its been nuts! First week of school. DS bday. Today is his party and I'm taking a quick break from cake making. My kids love my cakes..but I stress out over them so much! (The perfectionist in me) I honestly kind of dread making them (shhh..don't tell)

Anyway.. it'll all be over tonight. Have to take DD to her friends bday party tomorrow.. I wonder when will I ever get to scrap again!!!

Have a great weekend to all!

beach girl 73
Guru
beach girl 73

Good morning ladies,
enjoying all the new LOs posted. Haven't done any scrapping in the last couple of weeks. My dd started preschool this week and the new schedule has got me too tired at night to scrap. I hope to get some done soon, though. Our refridgerator broke a couple of days ago. We lost almost all the food in it and freezer. It is fixed now, so going to do a big shopping today. Maybe I'll get to scrap tomorrow.
Have a great weekend!

scraprabbit
Queen
scraprabbit

Oh no! I can't imagine losing all that food.

godschild94
Governor
godschild94

mms

KellyLynnsGirls
Expert
KellyLynnsGirls

Thank you for the warm welcome!
I have been scrappin like crazy lately! Having both my girls in school all day now, has been wonderful! I am caught up to August...WOHOO! Although...I have a stack of LO's that need to be journaled...I still consider myself caught up...for the most part, at least.
I am off to get a LO down before I have to go pick up DD#1!
Have a great weekend...I look forward to getting to know you ladies!
Kelly

terrihooper
Mayor
terrihooper
In response to KellyLynnsGirls

• KellyLynnsGirls Said:
Thank you for the warm welcome!
I have been scrappin like crazy lately! Having both my girls in school all day now, has been wonderful! I am caught up to August...WOHOO! Although...I have a stack of LO's that need to be journaled...I still consider myself caught up...for the most part, at least.
I am off to get a LO down before I have to go pick up DD#1!
Have a great weekend...I look forward to getting to know you ladies!
Kelly

WOW-- I am caught up to August, too-- August of 2007 that is
Congrats!!!

KatieJo
Governor
KatieJo

I'm still working on my October 2005 trip to Colorado... where does that leave me? Of course I don't even try to scrap chronologically. Only Christmas really has to get done before the next year rolls around and that of course is done. So I'm happy.

Sorry to hear about your broken fridge Susan and the loss of food. Glad things are getting back to normal on that front anyway... if not the sleep part yet.

beach girl 73
Guru
beach girl 73

• scraprabbit Said:
Oh no! I can't imagine losing all that food.

Yah, that was hard. Especially having to throw out unopened packages of meat and other stuff. While I'm at the checkout counter paying for all the new food today, the young 20-something checkout guy tells me that he shops at the store daily, only buying what he will eat that day. So I say to him, "Sounds like a guy thing," thinking to myself - I would hate making so many trips to the store. Then, not knowing about my refridgerator breaking, he says, "Well, at least none of my food ever goes bad." I guess he got me there! lol

beach girl 73
Guru
beach girl 73
In response to KatieJo

• KatieJo Said:

Sorry to hear about your broken fridge Susan and the loss of food. Glad things are getting back to normal on that front anyway... if not the sleep part yet.

Thanks. My plan for scrapping now is to spend one day a week scrapping while dd is in school (she's only there 2 days/week. The other one is a cleaning day for me). Then if am too tired to scrap at night, at least I'll get a couple of hours a week during the day to scrap.

ALevy
ALevy 
Diva
ALevy
  • ALevy on 09-06-08 08:50 PM

Susan - I don't know about you, but I LOATHE going to the grocery store. I pretty much hate any kind of shopping any more. I don't envy you, that's for sure! Thank goodness you were able to fix the fridge! Glad to hear though that you're able to scrap one whole day. If it was me, I probably would only get one LO done then anyway! It takes me FOREVER to get one LO done anymore. It seems I am always second guessing myself on what I want to do.

Speaking of scrapping - DH talked to the carpet guy & he's coming Tuesday to repair it. So today I ended up just packing everything up & trying to find space for it all...amongst everything else that was in the two rooms. I get on this site & I can't help but want to scrap!! Now it all had to be put away. I suppose I could have waited until tomorrow, but I was afraid I wouldn't get it all done in time!

Kelly - you're caught up until August of THIS YEAR? Wow!!!! You go girl!

Well good night Scrappin Chicks!!

Page 5 of 29 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics