Page 1 of 22 
Username Post: Virtual Crop Week #66 - Lets Crop        (Topic#1466495)
jellyziva
Governor
jellyziva

What is this thread about?

Well, things get quiet here on the weekends, so a thread was started to just hang out and do a virtual crop. Since then it's grown into more. Several people are now "regular" including myself. We chat about anything and everything. (Warning: Sometimes we stray into areas that may be considered "adult," although we always try to be tasteful about it.) We share our latest layouts, pictures, whatever interests us. We have fun and encourage each other.

It's now all week long, too. Since it is a new thread each week, it's easier for anyone to join. Even though we start over each week, it's STILL pages and pages long. Don't be intimidated, we are happy to have anyone drop by and say hello. Some of us read all the replies and keep up, but it is not required. Warning: It can get addictive!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Circle Journal Information:
I suggest 8x8 format because it's easy to do and will fit into a standard mailer.

It's everyone's choice to do either a single or a two page spread and to add whatever you want. Vivian, personally, would like to see a current photo, likes and dislikes on whatever, and something unusual about each person. Like for Liz/Moxie to show her extensive Stickles collection.

To keep things simple, do the same layout for everyone. You could change papers and such depending on your stash but keeping to the same design will make things much easier/faster and no one gets a better page from you than the next person. If someone is short on funds/time to make copies, digitals are acceptable. Even digital copies can be doctored up (read that as blinged) to make a hybrid layout.

PM those you want page(s) from and you'll be getting PMs from others in the Circle. Just let it be known you're interesting in doing this in the thread. This isn't just for VCWer, so if you want to add other people, go ahead. It's your album.

Please leave updates about yourself Update Blog #66 . This is for those who can't be online as much as they would like to be. At least this way, there's highlights from this thread.

Most of us also really love bling and encourage bling usage!

Come visit Our Gallery to meet some of the irregular regulars!

There are several of us who are dealing with weight/health issues, too, so we've started a HEALTHY CHALLENGE as a way to have support and accountability for whatever your goals may be.

So come on! Don't be bashful! And don't be afraid of the fact that this thread MOVES. Just jump in wherever we are, and we'll be glad to get you caught up on what's happening. We never know what we're going to talk about or how silly we will get.

WARNING: Reading of, or participation in, this thread could result in food or drink being sprayed across your computer or sleepless nights...

jellyziva
Governor
jellyziva
In response to jellyziva

• riorabbit Said:
Oh and um...prayer request if you think of it and don't mind.

I found out about a possible job that sounds like a God send today.

I am looking at going into occupational therapy. I asked my mom to talk to her friend that is an OT and find out if she is going to be working in the clinic at all this summer. Her friend works at her school and then at a clinic in the evenings some for extra money. With still not having a job, I thought I could at least shadow her if she is working some. The app for grad school requires 20 hours of shadowing an OT and a reference from an OT.

When my mom mentioned that to her, she told my mom about another position they have at the clinic. It involves essentially crafts for therapy. It sounds like they don't require a degree for it and they pay less than an actual therapist, but they do pay ok. With all my craft experience, my degree in psychology and recreation (plus specific recreation therapy classes), and experience working in a special ed class... I hopefully would be an ideal canidate.

It sounds great to me on many levels too. It has a flexible schedule so I could still work on my masters, it would be around OT's so that looks good for my application to grad school, it would also provide me with connections to a place that hires OTs, AND...I would be working with CRAFTS!

Right now it sounds too good to be true. I am trying to not get my hopes up and I have to find out more, but .... *happy sigh* it sounds...wonderful...

Will keep it in our prayers...

You can also add it to the VCW prayer blog!

jellyziva
Governor
jellyziva
In response to jellyziva

• DawnInAZ Said:
:( why did I start looking through photos?

Dawn.. No more looking, come chat here..

DawnInAZ
Queen
DawnInAZ
In response to jellyziva

• jelly97 Said:
  • riorabbit Said:

I am looking at going into occupational therapy. I asked my mom to talk to her friend that is an OT and find out if she is going to be working in the clinic at all this summer. Her friend works at her school and then at a clinic in the evenings some for extra money. With still not having a job, I thought I could at least shadow her if she is working some. The app for grad school requires 20 hours of shadowing an OT and a reference from an OT.

When my mom mentioned that to her, she told my mom about another position they have at the clinic. It involves essentially crafts for therapy. It sounds like they don't require a degree for it and they pay less than an actual therapist, but they do pay ok. With all my craft experience, my degree in psychology and recreation (plus specific recreation therapy classes), and experience working in a special ed class... I hopefully would be an ideal canidate.

It sounds great to me on many levels too. It has a flexible schedule so I could still work on my masters, it would be around OT's so that looks good for my application to grad school, it would also provide me with connections to a place that hires OTs, AND...I would be working with CRAFTS!

Right now it sounds too good to be true. I am trying to not get my hopes up and I have to find out more, but .... *happy sigh* it sounds...wonderful...

Send prayers up for ya.

riorabbit
Queen
riorabbit
In response to jellyziva

• jelly97 Said:
  • riorabbit Said:

We have a prayer blog?

DawnInAZ
Queen
DawnInAZ
In response to jellyziva

• jelly97 Said:
  • DawnInAZ Said:

I put them away.
I better head to bed anyways.

riorabbit
Queen
riorabbit
In response to DawnInAZ

Night Dawn!

jellyziva
Governor
jellyziva
In response to riorabbit

• riorabbit Said:

We have a prayer blog?

You wouldn't expect less from VCW, right?

VCW Prayer List

jellyziva
Governor
jellyziva
In response to DawnInAZ

• DawnInAZ Said:
  • jelly97 Said:
  • DawnInAZ Said:

I put them away.
I better head to bed anyways.

Goodnite, Dawn... think happy thoughts.. think MM pp, embellies...

Sweet dreams..

jellyziva
Governor
jellyziva
In response to jellyziva

OK.. I'm going to sign off too. Hope to see you tomorrow, Rio.. will call you before I leave here..

And hello to the morning crew!

riorabbit
Queen
riorabbit
In response to jellyziva

• jelly97 Said:
  • riorabbit Said:

We have a prayer blog?

You wouldn't expect less from VCW, right?

VCW Prayer List

I seriously didn't know this existed.

Ok, off to add to it.

riorabbit
Queen
riorabbit
In response to riorabbit

Night Shirley! See you tomorrow!

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to riorabbit

morning!

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath
In response to leebla

Morning!

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath
In response to scrappycath

I need sleep

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to leebla

• DawnInAZ Said:
I got some MM Noteworthy stuff for the challenge.

For the challenge...uh huh...that's what I tried to tell myself too. But Dawn, you only need one lo for the challenge.

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

Gotta run to store for cheese to go with ds#3 State Fair project. He has Wisconsin.

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla

My kids are done with school at noon today!

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to leebla

I am going to try to focus hard on work today so that I can make up for being so off kilter all week.

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to leebla

Am trying to even start now by working on this box of null charts that needs scanned and shredded.

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to leebla

y'all know how shredding gets me so excited!

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to leebla

I need food

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to leebla

morning.

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to moxiegirl23

Truthfully I have kids who need summer jobs and have transportation and motivation issues...I should load this scanner software on my other laptop and set one of them up doing this next week.
I need to sit and pull and print a bunch of physician licenses off the state website too. Sounds like I good job for a computer savey teenager doesn't it?

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to leebla

that sounds like a good idea.

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

I like the teenager-put-to-work idea too!

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

Got cheese!

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

Another emergancy HR meeting today and no outbound calls. Plus a letter from my manager that is written like she's saying goodbye but she doesn't want us to know she's saying good bye.

riorabbit
Queen
riorabbit
In response to leebla

Stopping in to say hi...had to get up to feed the babies... I am looking forward to them being big enough to not need middle of the night feedings.

Oh and another job (the one at the school) that I put in for has closed now...

I sure hope that one I am going to look into more tomorrow works out.

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

I have to leave work early to go to ds#3 state fair presentation. I was worried about what my boss would say/think/do... but honestly, I don't care. I won't ever get this time back. I'm not missing it.

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

Ooo Liz. When is the emergency meeting?

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

Hi Rio! Hope you find a job that works for you!

Love those ktties!

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

noon.

riorabbit
Queen
riorabbit

Thanks Cath!

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

Everybody..... you have got to go look at the public comments in Monica's place. There is such a sweet one from her daughter!!!

Hopefully this link will get you there. Sweet comment (look down a few)

riorabbit
Queen
riorabbit

• scrappycath Said:
Everybody..... you have got to go look at the public comments in Monica's place. There is such a sweet one from her daughter!!!

Hopefully this link will get you there. Sweet comment (look down a few)

How cute!

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

• moxiegirl23 Said:
noon.

I'm sorry - trying to make light of this, hope you don't mind. And I hope it makes you laugh.....

Is that high noon? And will it be at the OK Corral?

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

• scrappycath Said:
  • moxiegirl23 Said:
noon.

I'm sorry - trying to make light of this, hope you don't mind. And I hope it makes you laugh.....

It will be high noon at the Not-OK corral

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

• moxiegirl23 Said:
  • scrappycath Said:
  • moxiegirl23 Said:
noon.

Too funny!

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

Where does all the fun time go? I have to go get ds#2 ready for bus and me off to work.

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

Monica:

The paisley punch is a CM punch and it's available on my website.

riorabbit
Queen
riorabbit

Hee hee...every time I hear "paisley" now I think of TriciaH's amoeba comment. She won't add them to her layouts because they look like amoebas to her.

riorabbit
Queen
riorabbit
In response to riorabbit

That isn't to say you can't add them or I don't like them (I do). Just think the comment from her was funny...

Scrapnut16
Diva
Scrapnut16
In response to riorabbit

Morning! Going to get caught up on the old thread and then will come back!

riorabbit
Queen
riorabbit
In response to Scrapnut16

Ok, I am off to bed again for a few hours.

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to riorabbit

Nighty night Ri!

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to leebla

Morning Susan!

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to leebla

Well I suppose if I am going to put my nose to the grindstone today and try to make up for the week, I better get my hiney in gear. Have a patient to see, and then want to go up to my office to take care of some things. Then, try to get back here early.

Although I have been productive this morning I have scanned and shredded a a couple dozen charts. Answered some emails. Paid some bills.

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to leebla

it is pouring rain here. I lucked out and got the parking spot next to the front door, but I still managed to get half soaked.

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to leebla

I want my aunt to stay out of my grandma's apartment too, so I want it to be obvious that I have been there every day so she won't have a reason to go. Yesterday when I got there someone had already picked up her mail, and I know it wasn't my mom. And today I have a list of things to pick up for Grandma. I also made a point of cleaning up stuff left on Monday and putting clean dishes away.

I know I can't force her to stay out. Even though Grandma said she does not want her there, my aunt won't honor that, 'cause she knows better.

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla

• moxiegirl23 Said:
it is pouring rain here. I lucked out and got the parking spot next to the front door, but I still managed to get half soaked.

Yep, did that here for 2 days! Sun is shing today and it's supposed to be hot! Can't wait!

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to leebla

That's tomorrow and Sunday. We were going to go to a Ren Faire this weekend, but not in 92* weather.

Scrapnut16
Diva
Scrapnut16

Ok acu! How is everyone this morning?

Three Bright Lights
Diva
Three Bright Lights

Morning everyone. How is Friday treating everyone?

sarah doodah
Idol
sarah doodah
In response to riorabbit

• riorabbit Said:
  • jelly97 Said:
  • riorabbit Said:

We have a prayer blog?

I didn't know that either!
Put me down for the job at OSH. They are supposed to be calling by next Tues (that will be 2 weeks since my last interview) I'm really worried that they are not going to hire me. I want to cry every time I think about it, so I'm trying to not think about it.

Did I say that I really need a job?

sarah doodah
Idol
sarah doodah
In response to sarah doodah

Good morning

sarah doodah
Idol
sarah doodah

I am going my the lss today to drop off some business cards that I printed up. I left my "beautiful BOY" lo there and she's supposed to be referring me to customers that want scrapbooks made for them.

sarah doodah
Idol
sarah doodah

Gotta finish getting ready. Talk to ya'll later this evening.

Scrapnut16
Diva
Scrapnut16

I'm looking forward to the end of this day. I need to clean my house but other than that I am going to start scrapping some of my wedding stuff. I'm trying to decide something though. Maybe you ladies can help me. I have a wedding album I am going to put the actual wedding pages in. But I'm not sure what to do with my other pages. I'm going have: wedding prep, final dress fitting, bridal shower, bachelorette party, decorating the reception hall, and rehearsal. Do you think I should include it in my wedding album? Or put it in a separate album? I keep changing my mind.

Scrapnut16
Diva
Scrapnut16

• yardstick76 Said:
I am going my the lss today to drop off some business cards that I printed up. I left my "beautiful BOY" lo there and she's supposed to be referring me to customers that want scrapbooks made for them.

Let me know how that goes for you. I've been thinking of doing that myself. Actually I've been thinking about it for a couple of years.

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

Doing ok. I'd feel better if some sales were coming in. My one confirmed party host needs to change the date and hasn't gotten back to me with a new date yet. I'm feeling discouraged again.

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to Three Bright Lights

Okay, I am outta here!

Three Bright Lights
Diva
Three Bright Lights

Hi everyone.

• moxiegirl23 Said:
  • scrappycath Said:
  • moxiegirl23 Said:
noon.

You guys completely crack me up.

Three Bright Lights
Diva
Three Bright Lights

Hi n bye Elizabeth!

LeeLo
LeeLo 
Diva
LeeLo
  • LeeLo on 06-06-08 06:02 AM

• Scrapnut16 Said:
I'm looking forward to the end of this day. I need to clean my house but other than that I am going to start scrapping some of my wedding stuff. I'm trying to decide something though. Maybe you ladies can help me. I have a wedding album I am going to put the actual wedding pages in. But I'm not sure what to do with my other pages. I'm going have: wedding prep, final dress fitting, bridal shower, bachelorette party, decorating the reception hall, and rehearsal. Do you think I should include it in my wedding album? Or put it in a separate album? I keep changing my mind.

Ha ha Susan...I know EXACTLY what you're going through! I can't decide whether I want mine altogether or in separate books either! I also can't decide if I want to do it in order, from the proposal (yep...got pics!!), then getting ready, then rehearsal, then ceremony, formal pics, reception, honeymoon, etc. or put the actual ceremony first and then the rest behind it. Or like you said, in 2 books (hmmm....that might be a good idea!). On the other hand, I'd kinda like to keep it together. Oh...I don't know!!

How are you going to do the order or are you still thinking about that too?

foltzy
foltzy 
Governor
foltzy
In response to LeeLo

• LeahDee Said:
  • Scrapnut16 Said:

Ha ha Susan...I know EXACTLY what you're going through! I can't decide whether I want mine altogether or in separate books either! I also can't decide if I want to do it in order, from the proposal (yep...got pics!!), then getting ready, then rehearsal, then ceremony, formal pics, reception, honeymoon, etc. or put the actual ceremony first and then the rest behind it. Or like you said, in 2 books (hmmm....that might be a good idea!). On the other hand, I'd kinda like to keep it together. Oh...I don't know!!

I'm doing my wedding and honeymoon in the same book. My photographer didn't give me the pictures from me and the girls getting ready (She was a great photographer but it took 4 months to get the pictures back and she forgot those and I wasn't going to fight it).

Three Bright Lights
Diva
Three Bright Lights
In response to foltzy

Hey Liz-Moxie, was just on your CM website... that Disney digital stuff is really cool. Is the princess pallette also available digitally? If I order it and download it from your website do you still get the credit, or should I order CDs?

Couldn't find the paisley punch I was looking for though... what's the heading?

Thanks!

-- Florrie

Three Bright Lights
Diva
Three Bright Lights

Oh and what format are the Disney digi things in... PNG, JPEG? Will they work in PSE?

Thanks!

-- Florrie

LeeLo
LeeLo 
Diva
LeeLo
  • LeeLo on 06-06-08 06:14 AM
In response to foltzy

I'm leaning towards putting it all in one book. I'm not sure what order to do though... I've been married 3 years and have done absolutely NOTHING besides purchasing the album. I'm really wanting the wedding cartridge for my Cricut too...(psst...which should be here anytime...UPS runs in the AM at my office & I had it shipped here)

foltzy
foltzy 
Governor
foltzy
In response to LeeLo

I've been married for 4 years (well I will be on the 20) and still haven't finished my wedding album book (well technology the 2nd one. The first was done 8 1/2 x 11 and I didn't like it so I've switched to 12 x 12 and am using the DCWV Once Upon a Time stack).

Scrapnut16
Diva
Scrapnut16
In response to foltzy

I haven't decided yet. I keep wavering between having it all in one book, having two books or just putting the extra stuff in with my yearly album. I JUST DON'T KNOW!!!!

Scrapnut16
Diva
Scrapnut16
In response to foltzy

• Diva foltzy Said:
  • LeahDee Said:
  • Scrapnut16 Said:

I'm doing my wedding and honeymoon in the same book. My photographer didn't give me the pictures from me and the girls getting ready (She was a great photographer but it took 4 months to get the pictures back and she forgot those and I wasn't going to fight it).

I have alot of pics just from other people and not my photographer. There were so many people in the room while I was getting ready with cameras.

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to LeeLo

Florrie, here's the link to all the punches:

http://www.mycmsite.com/sites/lizellingwood/c atalog-ind...

The digital kits are designed to work with our software. We have a free downloadable version of it here: http://www.mycmsite.com/sites/lizellingwood/c atalog-ind... I know I can convert things to PNG, PDF, JPG and TIFF using the paid upgraded version of our software, but I do not know if you can do that with the free version.

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

Anything ordered off of my website, including the downloads I get paid for.

foltzy
foltzy 
Governor
foltzy

• Scrapnut16 Said:
  • Diva foltzy Said:
  • LeahDee Said:
  • Scrapnut16 Said:

I have alot of pics just from other people and not my photographer. There were so many people in the room while I was getting ready with cameras.

It was just me and my girls and the photographer in the room when I was getting married. So all I had were the photographer's photos and she had taken a few of my flower girl (My niece) giving me a kiss before we started. I am very upset that I don't have that picture.

Scrapnut16
Diva
Scrapnut16
In response to LeeLo

• LeahDee Said:
  • Scrapnut16 Said:

I don't have pics from my proposal but I was thinking of writing the story of it and scrapping it. Then I was thinking of doing a page about the original place I was going to get married and have the reception before I was laid off and couldn't afford it. I'm starting to lean more towards having one book. That way it tells the whole story. Cause I'm still going to have all the pictures in a photo album if someone just wants to look at the pics. Then I was thinking of doing one page each for the bridal shower, bachelorette party, and wedding for my 2008 Scrapbook.

Scrapnut16
Diva
Scrapnut16
In response to foltzy

[quote=Diva foltzy][quote=Scrapnut16] [quote=Diva foltzy][quote=LeahDee][qu ote=Scrapnut16]I'm looking forward to the end of this day. I need to clean my house but other than that I am going to start scrapping some of my wedding stuff. I'm trying to decide something though. Maybe you ladies can help me. I have a wedding album I am going to put the actual wedding pages in. But I'm not sure what to do with my other pages. I'm going have: wedding prep, final dress fitting, bridal shower, bachelorette party, decorating the reception hall, and rehearsal. Do you think I should include it in my wedding album? Or put it in a separate album? I keep changing my mind.
[/quote]

[/quote]
[/quote]

[/quote]
It was just me and my girls and the photographer in the room when I was getting married. So all I had were the photographer's photos and she had taken a few of my flower girl (My niece) giving me a kiss before we started. I am very upset that I don't have that picture.
[/quote]

I would be too!

Scrapnut16
Diva
Scrapnut16
In response to foltzy

• Diva foltzy Said:
I've been married for 4 years (well I will be on the 20) and still haven't finished my wedding album book (well technology the 2nd one. The first was done 8 1/2 x 11 and I didn't like it so I've switched to 12 x 12 and am using the DCWV Once Upon a Time stack).

I'm going to go check this out...I'm still trying to find paper and stuff. I have a few things but if there's a pretty stack I may go with that. Haven't decided yet!

Three Bright Lights
Diva
Three Bright Lights

Liz, is there a customer service number you could call to ask? I read through the software FAQ and didn't see anything about it... I really don't want to add another program onto my hard drive because I have such a space problem, but that Disney stuff is AWESOME and I would really really like to be able to use it in PSE, if the files were in a compatible format.

Thanks!

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

On the phone now, Florrie. PM me because I think I can resolve this no matter what.

LeeLo
LeeLo 
Diva
LeeLo
  • LeeLo on 06-06-08 07:00 AM

• Scrapnut16 Said:
  • LeahDee Said:
  • Scrapnut16 Said:

I don't have pics from my proposal but I was thinking of writing the story of it and scrapping it. Then I was thinking of doing a page about the original place I was going to get married and have the reception before I was laid off and couldn't afford it. I'm starting to lean more towards having one book. That way it tells the whole story. Cause I'm still going to have all the pictures in a photo album if someone just wants to look at the pics. Then I was thinking of doing one page each for the bridal shower, bachelorette party, and wedding for my 2008 Scrapbook.

DH actually did a pretty big ordeal on the proposal thing! There were people there and got pics. He also wrote this big thing that is definitely going in the scrapbook...I think anyways.

Scrapnut16
Diva
Scrapnut16
In response to LeeLo

I think I've decided to do one big book. But then again I may change my mind. Again!

Scrapnut16
Diva
Scrapnut16

My DH was not so romantic and didn't make a big deal. Which is ok for me. Sometimes I wish he had made a big deal but I'm not a very public person so the fact he just did it in my apartment with just the two of us is ok for me.

LeeLo
LeeLo 
Diva
LeeLo
  • LeeLo on 06-06-08 07:13 AM

LOL...well, I was definitely surprised! It wasn't really public and there wasn't a lot of people there, he just put a lot of effort and thought into it! It really touched me and was wonderful b/c guys tend to not think about stuff sometimes!

foltzy
foltzy 
Governor
foltzy

Brian taped my ring to the side of a big box (Think for many brooms) and wrapped it as one of my Christmas presents. He asked my parents the night before if he could marry me and then proposed when I finally found the ring box.

LeeLo
LeeLo 
Diva
LeeLo
  • LeeLo on 06-06-08 07:14 AM

• Scrapnut16 Said:
I think I've decided to do one big book. But then again I may change my mind. Again!

I'm thinking this is gonna be what I do. I like the idea of it all together. I do think I will put the wedding itself first and then everything else chronologically behind it!

LeeLo
LeeLo 
Diva
LeeLo
  • LeeLo on 06-06-08 07:21 AM
In response to foltzy

• Diva foltzy Said:
Brian taped my ring to the side of a big box (Think for many brooms) and wrapped it as one of my Christmas presents. He asked my parents the night before if he could marry me and then proposed when I finally found the ring box.

How sweet!

DH had a "graduation" party with just a few of my family present. (I had graduated from Paralegal school). The ring was hid inside one of those pillar candles with 3 wicks (he had hollowed out the bottom and the ring box was in there). He wrote this big thing and it was kind of like a riddle. I had to find the box!

foltzy
foltzy 
Governor
foltzy
In response to LeeLo

That's sweet Leah. I was getting ready to go away to college (Brian was only 17), he couldn't afford to buy me a diamond so he bought me a gold band (It sits in my jewelry box)and he bought me the diamond a few years later (He asked me to pick the one I liked and decided he didn't like it and picked a different one for me). We were engaged for 5 years before we got married.

Three Bright Lights
Diva
Three Bright Lights
In response to foltzy

LOL... I think Jim had a big romantic thing planned, but I sort of nudged him out of it. We had decided to live together for a year and we were buying a house together... on the way to our first realator appointment I was talking about how happy I was we had found each other and how gerat I thought this was, and he took out the ring and proposed to me right there on the sidewalk.

He gave me a ring that had been his grandmother's, and I loved it. It doesn't have a diamond... it's a white aquamarine in a beautiful white-gold filigree setting. I get so many comments on it from people! I think the fact that I loved the family ring made a big difference to my in-laws... they are so sweet to me!

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to foltzy

John and I kinda did it backwards: kid first and not one word about marriage until I got a good beer buzz one night and complained that this unwed mother stuff was really getting to me and my Catholic upbringing. John admitted that he wanted to marry me, but he didn't want me to think it was because we have a kid, he wanted me to think that he was marrying me for me alone. A couple of weeks after that conversation I know he bought the ring I wanted because I was at Sam's Club with him when he bought it. He proposed Columbus Day 2001 at King Richard's Faire, right after the afternoon joust.

foltzy
foltzy 
Governor
foltzy

Finally after a month of playing phone tag we finally got an appointment set with the loan officer. Here's hoping that meeting goes well next week.

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath
In response to foltzy

Hi - I'm sitting here at work

Thinking about Liz/Moxie and her emergency HR mtg!

Hoping everything is going well.

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath
In response to LeeLo

• LeahDee Said:
I'm leaning towards putting it all in one book. I'm not sure what order to do though... I've been married 3 years and have done absolutely NOTHING besides purchasing the album. I'm really wanting the wedding cartridge for my Cricut too...(psst...which should be here anytime...UPS runs in the AM at my office & I had it shipped here)

Has it come yet??? Are you going to open the box? Or will you be like Dawn and wait until we pester you into it?

AshleyS3285
Guru
AshleyS3285

• Scrapnut16 Said:
  • LeahDee Said:
  • Scrapnut16 Said:

This is what I was thinking of Suggesting... Its What I am going to do! I am putting in more pics of the prep.

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath
In response to LeeLo

• LeahDee Said:
LOL...well, I was definitely surprised! It wasn't really public and there wasn't a lot of people there, he just put a lot of effort and thought into it! It really touched me and was wonderful b/c guys tend to not think about stuff sometimes!

So, are we going to hear the story???

AshleyS3285
Guru
AshleyS3285

• Three Bright Lights Said:
LOL... I think Jim had a big romantic thing planned, but I sort of nudged him out of it. We had decided to live together for a year and we were buying a house together... on the way to our first realator appointment I was talking about how happy I was we had found each other and how gerat I thought this was, and he took out the ring and proposed to me right there on the sidewalk.

He gave me a ring that had been his grandmother's, and I loved it. It doesn't have a diamond... it's a white aquamarine in a beautiful white-gold filigree setting. I get so many comments on it from people! I think the fact that I loved the family ring made a big difference to my in-laws... they are so sweet to me!

My fam and I are big on tradition... So when my fiance proposed and didnt "ask permission" first he lost alot of respect. We called the whole thing off for awhile (huge fight). When we got back together he took my dad out for coffee and then asked my mom and grandmother who happened to be there from texas, at my graduation. He took me to chateau Avalon... a really cool castle hotel with themed rooms... and propsed, we went up there for a "graduation" present! He was so funny, he told me to stay outside a take pictures for the scrapbook while he took the bags in and checked in...He set up the room just the way he wanted it and the ring was sitting on the roses... It was so romantic... and I was teasing him saying that he wasnt at all!

AshleyS3285
Guru
AshleyS3285

• scrappycath Said:
  • LeahDee Said:

So, are we going to hear the story???

I second that!

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

• scrappycath Said:

I'm on the call right now. In a nutshell, they're going back to the old way of interviewing on an outbound basis with the new inbound pay rate. It isn't as bad as I thought but the call isn't over yet, either.

AshleyS3285
Guru
AshleyS3285

• moxiegirl23 Said:
  • scrappycath Said:

I'm on the call right now. In a nutshell, they're going back to the old way of interviewing on an outbound basis with the new inbound pay rate. It isn't as bad as I thought but the call isn't over yet, either.

Good luck... Hope its all in your favor!

AshleyS3285
Guru
AshleyS3285
In response to AshleyS3285

You guys know about this stuff... If I wanted to become a consultant for scrapbooking who should I go with? What are my options even?

Page 1 of 22 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics