Username Post: QOTD 6/6        (Topic#1466501)
Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 06-06-08 02:10 AM

Do you have a “signature” that you put on every LO once it is complete?

DivaDana
Diva
DivaDana
In response to Huskymom

I have been planning to implement this idea, at least date done or something. Curious , can't wait to see replies...

scrappinpeanut
Resident
scrappinpeanut
In response to DivaDana

No I don't, my signature is my style But seriously, it is a good idea. When I do other things like a quilt, ceramics, or a X-stitch piece I always put my initials on them and the date I made it somewhere. I never thought of doing it for scrapping though - I guess because in the front of each of my albums I put a little note to say who I made it for and my name and the year.... I guess I really don't need to put it on every single page.

Anonymous 
  • Anonymous on 06-06-08 02:29 AM
In response to scrappinpeanut

I have never done this but am going to start to add a letter D somewhere on the page as my signature. It'll be like the game, where's waldo? but Where's the D. for the people who view my pages

~*~Kathie~*~
Diva
~*~Kathie~*~
In response to Huskymom

I sign and date them on the back when I remember. Unfortunately, I don't remember very often. Most of them are not signed or dated. I even have a date stamp.

tricia07
Guru
tricia07
In response to ~*~Kathie~*~

No never thought about it! Cute idea on putting the date completed though. Not sure why I would put my name or initial though...won't everyone know Momma did it? LOL!

scrappinmonkey
Queen
scrappinmonkey
In response to tricia07

Good idea....

ashtonsmommy
Governor
ashtonsmommy
In response to scrappinmonkey

I have done it every once in a while. I have been doing it to the TC/CJ journal pages.

SweetMelissa
Expert
SweetMelissa
In response to ashtonsmommy

I don't put one on the front of my layouts but on the back I write when the picture was taken, where it was taken and why I made the layout.

Anne1701
Mayor
Anne1701
In response to SweetMelissa

You know I never thought about it. I always sign any paintings I do so you would think I would do it for my layouts.
I should start, that is if I remember

riorabbit
Queen
riorabbit
In response to tricia07

• tricia07 Said:
No never thought about it! Cute idea on putting the date completed though. Not sure why I would put my name or initial though...won't everyone know Momma did it? LOL!

That depends on the family and generation. I do many of the layouts for my nieces. So it could be momma or aunt that made it!

I have added a note on the back to a few that says "made by Aunt _______ " and then it has the date it was completed. I also sometimes add other info like who wrote journaling. Sometimes thier mom gives me the journaling, sometimes I write it, and sometimes I write it to them from me and sign it as from me on the front.

SB1280
SB1280 
Mayor
SB1280
In response to riorabbit

I write the date the LO was completed on the back but that's it.

Gamma Rena
Diva
Gamma Rena
In response to SB1280

I have only done a few with signatures and not sure why, because I sign the back of all cards.

ScrapperV
Diva
ScrapperV
In response to Gamma Rena

I never thought about a signature, but maybe I should somewhere on the creation!!

Amigosa
Mayor
Amigosa
In response to ScrapperV

I'm with the others, I also don't put a signature on my layouts. I try to put the date the picture was taken and the date I completed the layout on the back, but thats it. It is a great idea and I may start doing something like this.

krishunter
Diva
krishunter
In response to Amigosa

I put the date on the back.

tricia07
Guru
tricia07
In response to riorabbit

• riorabbit Said:
  • tricia07 Said:

That depends on the family and generation. I do many of the layouts for my nieces. So it could be momma or aunt that made it!

I have added a note on the back to a few that says "made by Aunt _______ " and then it has the date it was completed. I also sometimes add other info like who wrote journaling. Sometimes thier mom gives me the journaling, sometimes I write it, and sometimes I write it to them from me and sign it as from me on the front.

That's a perfect usage for it! Great idea!

I have a question for everyone...when you write it on the back...aren't you just using adhesive to put your layout on the scrapbook inserts so if you take it off doesn't it tear that? Or am I misunderstanding???

dwelch
dwelch 
Diva
dwelch
In response to tricia07

Tricia, are you talking about those sheets of paper that come in the page protectors ? I didn't know you were supposed to glue your LO's to those once they're completed. I've never done that - as a matter of fact, I generally pull them out and stash them with my offwhite or black cardstock (depending on color). The only time I leave them behind my LO is when I have brad backs or something that I think might harm the Lo behind it. I'd be interested to hear comments on this.

Edited by dwelch on 06-06-08 04:57 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

farnsworth
Idol
farnsworth
In response to dwelch

This is an interesting post I had never thought of doing anything like that!

tricia07
Guru
tricia07
In response to dwelch

• dwelch Said:
Tricia, are you talking about those sheets of paper that come in the page protectors ? I didn't know you were supposed to glue your LO's to those once they're completed. I've never done that - as a matter of fact, I generally pull them out and stash them with my offwhite or black cardstock (depending on color). The only time I leave them behind my LO is when I have brad backs or something that I think might harm the Lo behind it. I'd be interested to hear comments on this.

Not those things (I don't get those with the creative memory page protectors )...I mean the hinged pages like below. I adhere my layout to those and then put the page protector on it. That's how I was taught to do it...am I doing it wrong? That's how I think Creative Memories intends it???
Products Referenced in This Post:

scrapalooza
Diva
scrapalooza
In response to tricia07

• tricia07 Said:
  • dwelch Said:

Not those things (I don't get those with the creative memory page protectors )...I mean the hinged pages like below. I adhere my layout to those and then put the page protector on it. That's how I was taught to do it...am I doing it wrong? That's how I think Creative Memories intends it???

i only use post bound albums & you just slide your completed layout into the page protectors . So no I don't glue my whole page down.

I haven't used a signature but that is a great idea! I do on other crafts why not this?

ChansGram
Angel
ChansGram
In response to scrapalooza

I date the back of every LO - but with the date the pic was taken - because i do mostly baby pages, we want to be able to look and see how old the kid was at that time. I try to incorporate the date on the front ( of the baby Lo's), but when you do as many LO's as i do, page after page, it becomes redundant to have it on the front. Never thought about a signature. I am the only scrapper in the family and as years go, they will all know they were made by crazy scrappin grandma.

Lori_B
Lori_B 
Idol
Lori_B
In response to ChansGram

I always put my "Made by" stamp on the back of my cards. I am planning on doing that with my LOs too. For my LOs, I always have the date (or at least month and year) somewhere on the page. Sometimes in the title, or journaling. Sometimes I don't add it because it's already on a ticket stub or something like that.

-Kristy-
Diva
-Kristy-
In response to Lori_B

I have never thought about. I think that it is a GREAT idea!!!

Picture Happy
Governor
Picture Happy
In response to tricia07

• tricia07 Said:
  • dwelch Said:

That is the very reason that I stopped using the strap hinge albums.

I hated that I could not scrap out of order, b/c it was actually glued to the page.

Picture Happy
Governor
Picture Happy
In response to Picture Happy

And no, I have never really thought of a signature on my albums.

I'm doing it for the CJ I'm in- but it never occured to me to do that for my personal stuff.

tricia07
Guru
tricia07
In response to Picture Happy

• Picture Happy Said:
  • tricia07 Said:
  • dwelch Said:

I hated that I could not scrap out of order, b/c it was actually glued to the page.

I still scrap out of order...I just don't tape my page down until I am ready for it to go in the book.

Tia Hokee
Diva
Tia Hokee
In response to tricia07

I had never thought of doing this, but it sounds like a great idea.

luv2scrap:)
Guru
luv2scrap:)
In response to Tia Hokee

I don't ever sign my layouts, but I do like the idea of adding little notes to the backs of pages. I used to try to add too much info to the fronts of my layouts(who was in the picture & their ages) and was tired of how messy it made my layouts look--so now I jot things down on the back. I think it's so important to write down names of people in pics for future generations. When I look at pictures that belong to my grandma I don't recognize alot of the people in the pictures, and she can't remember to tell me. Even people that are still alive today look completely different at 20 then they do now at 70.
And baby pictures 50 years later are alot harder to tell apart than when they are still fresh in your mind--I have seen pictures of little kids where no one can remember which kid is in the picture, only which family it belonged to.

melilou
Guru
melilou
In response to luv2scrap:)

I hadn't dated or put a signature on mine until I showed my albums to my mom, who loves family history. She pointed out that part of our frustration with family history a lot of the time is not knowing who wrote what, or who's in the pictures etc...
I always date the front with when the pic was taken, and try to put their name on there somewhere (I tend to write my journaling to the person, so I have to watch that...)
Now I always sign the back and put the date it was made too.

SQ Mandi
Angel
SQ Mandi
In response to melilou

Nope.. Usually on the back of family members LO's very small I do write my initials, the date completed and # LO that it was.

ASiverson
Expert
ASiverson
In response to tricia07

I put my initials on the back with the date; sometimes I also put the date the photo was taken.

rchelle58
Veteran
rchelle58
In response to ASiverson

That is a really good idea, I have never thought of it. I should give it a try.

Babylou
Diva
Babylou
In response to melilou

I put the date and my initials on the back of everything I do. Sometimes I forget, but I usually remember later and go back and do it. I like the idea of putting notes like people's names on the back. I think I should start doing that. That will really help with the memories.

Scrappy Nan
Idol
Scrappy Nan
In response to Babylou

these are all great ideas. i think i should start signing or stamping the back....makes to feel more complete, i'm sure. (more like a real work of art)

Valerie_C
Pro
Valerie_C
In response to Scrappy Nan

No, I haven't even thought about it!

riorabbit
Queen
riorabbit
In response to tricia07

• tricia07 Said:
  • Picture Happy Said:
  • tricia07 Said:
  • dwelch Said:

I still scrap out of order...I just don't tape my page down until I am ready for it to go in the book.

I am with picture happy on this one. I prefer top loading albums. I can write on the back of my layouts, if my album gets damaged the chance of salvaging layouts is better becuase I can just pull them out of the protectors (those little staples that hold pages in can break), no mess with glueing the page to the white part...just slide it in, oh AND...I can scrap completely out of order as in I have layouts from heritage stuff, stuff from when I was a baby, dog layouts, whatever...they are all right next to each other in an album right now. I don't do "albums". I do pages and they sit in albums to protect them. Some day...if I have enough of one theme or have one theme done, I will put them all in one album in order. I can also divide up albums too. So for example if some day I have three kids (none now) and my three kids all want layouts. I can make copies of pages, but they might all want different originals. Who knows who would want what...maybe I will have one that plays the drums and really really wants the layouts of me playing the drums to take, but in the same album I have layouts of me with my rabbits and someone else wants those. I like that they can be divided up or rearranged.

tricia07
Guru
tricia07
In response to riorabbit

[quote=riorabbit][quote=t ricia07][quote=Picture Happy][quote=tricia07][qu ote=dwelch]Tricia, are you talking about those sheets of paper that come in the page protectors ? I didn't know you were supposed to glue your LO's to those once they're completed. I've never done that - as a matter of fact, I generally pull them out and stash them with my offwhite or black cardstock (depending on color). The only time I leave them behind my LO is when I have brad backs or something that I think might harm the Lo behind it. I'd be interested to hear comments on this.
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]
I am with picture happy on this one. I prefer top loading albums. I can write on the back of my layouts, if my album gets damaged the chance of salvaging layouts is better becuase I can just pull them out of the protectors (those little staples that hold pages in can break), no mess with glueing the page to the white part...just slide it in, oh AND...I can scrap completely out of order as in I have layouts from heritage stuff, stuff from when I was a baby, dog layouts, whatever...they are all right next to each other in an album right now. I don't do "albums". I do pages and they sit in albums to protect them. Some day...if I have enough of one theme or have one theme done, I will put them all in one album in order. I can also divide up albums too. So for example if some day I have three kids (none now) and my three kids all want layouts. I can make copies of pages, but they might all want different originals. Who knows who would want what...maybe I will have one that plays the drums and really really wants the layouts of me playing the drums to take, but in the same album I have layouts of me with my rabbits and someone else wants those. I like that they can be divided up or rearranged.
[/quote]

I have never had any luck with the post bound ones...I have had 3 and they are just hard for me to maneuver. They also, IMO, move around alot. I tried them and just didn't like them...once I moved to the hinged albums I love them! I do like the idea of just slipping your layout in though. CM makes the picfolio albums now and they have some where you can just slide your layout in however you can't add pages to those which I do not like cause it limits my number of pages in the book and well no one ones to be limited!

I know some use 3 ring binders...Are there any cute ones out there...really nice ones? Do they hold a lot?

Edited by tricia07 on 06-06-08 01:45 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

riorabbit
Queen
riorabbit
In response to tricia07

Yep, that is actually all I use. I don't generally use postbound either. Mine are very full and do very well with all that weight.

These are some of my favs (they come in other colors too, I couldn't link all of them. )
Products Referenced in This Post:

tricia07
Guru
tricia07
In response to riorabbit

Oh those are so cute and so nice looking...I love the leather ones!!! Ok now you have me wanting to try these! I just ordered another CM binder today though...so will have to wait for the next album before trying these. They look really nice!

riorabbit
Queen
riorabbit
In response to riorabbit

Sorry for the slight thread hijack...

The other thing I LOVE about the We R Memory Keepers albums is you can buy photo sleeves to go in them. So if you already have printed 4x6 photos, they can be organized in the same albums. Or I like to do a hybrid photo album/scrapbook. If I have too many photos of an event and am sick of scrapbooking them, I make the layouts I want to as a sort of cover page and then just plop the others in photo sleeves behind it. You can even use them to essentially make pages. Add 5 photos + one 4x6 journal square (you can make your own or really the little Making Memories journal notebooks are that size) and call it a page.

tricia07
Guru
tricia07
In response to riorabbit

Oh that is a great idea!!! Actually CM makes the little journaling pages that fit perfectly in 4x6 frames!!! Wow now I really want to try these...I may have to get one just to get one! Thank you for the ideas and all the links!!

*do not spend money, do not spend money* LOL!

stephyirene
Veteran
stephyirene
In response to tricia07

I never thought about adding a signature...for a long time after our daughter died, whenever I made something for an event that she would have been involved in (church programs, birthday party invitations for her friends or brothers, posters, etc.), I added a small butterfly. It would be very benificial to date it for when it was made. I'll have to do that! Thanks for the ideas.

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics