Page 1 of 15 
Username Post: Virtual Crop Week #67 - Lets Crop        (Topic#1467281)
VCW
VCW 
Veteran
VCW
  • VCW on 06-13-08 03:46 AM

What is this thread about?

Well, things get quiet here on the weekends, so a thread was started to just hang out and do a virtual crop. Since then it's grown into more. Several people are now "regular" including myself. We chat about anything and everything. (Warning: Sometimes we stray into areas that may be considered "adult," although we always try to be tasteful about it.) We share our latest layouts, pictures, whatever interests us. We have fun and encourage each other.

It's now all week long, too. Since it is a new thread each week, it's easier for anyone to join. Even though we start over each week, it's STILL pages and pages long. Don't be intimidated, we are happy to have anyone drop by and say hello. Some of us read all the replies and keep up, but it is not required. Warning: It can get addictive!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Circle Journal Information:
I suggest 8x8 format because it's easy to do and will fit into a standard mailer.

It's everyone's choice to do either a single or a two page spread and to add whatever you want. Vivian, personally, would like to see a current photo, likes and dislikes on whatever, and something unusual about each person. Like for Liz/Moxie to show her extensive Stickles collection.

To keep things simple, do the same layout for everyone. You could change papers and such depending on your stash but keeping to the same design will make things much easier/faster and no one gets a better page from you than the next person. If someone is short on funds/time to make copies, digitals are acceptable. Even digital copies can be doctored up (read that as blinged) to make a hybrid layout.

PM those you want page(s) from and you'll be getting PMs from others in the Circle. Just let it be known you're interesting in doing this in the thread. This isn't just for VCWer, so if you want to add other people, go ahead. It's your album.

Please leave updates about yourself Update Blogs and Prayer Request Blog . This is for those who can't be online as much as they would like to be. At least this way, there's highlights from this thread.

Most of us also really love bling and encourage bling usage!

Come visit Our Gallery to meet some of the irregular regulars!

So come on! Don't be bashful! And don't be afraid of the fact that this thread MOVES. Just jump in wherever we are, and we'll be glad to get you caught up on what's happening. We never know what we're going to talk about or how silly we will get.

WARNING: Reading of, or participation in, this thread could result in food or drink being sprayed across your computer or sleepless nights... Just read responsibly.

Edited by VCW on 06-13-08 03:46 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to VCW

Thanks Viv!

riorabbit
Queen
riorabbit
In response to leebla

From the old thread
  • riorabbit Said:
  • jelly97 Said:
I wanna scrap.. but I can't. I'm still dizzy and disoriented. Please pray for my drive up to Mayo tomorrow morning. I'll drive very slowly.. hopefully I'll feel better tomorrow.

WHOA! Definitely praying, but if you aren't safe to drive call me... I am up already. All I have to do today is feed the neighbor's dog (ok, that is a bit of a challenge cause the thing is known to bite people and hasn't seen me in over a year... ) Seriously, I don't want anything to happen to you because you were dizzy and driving.

Edited by riorabbit on 06-13-08 03:58 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

riorabbit
Queen
riorabbit
In response to riorabbit

Morning everyone!

I guess I should start some school work... I finally have a day I don't have to run off to my mom's work. I have been going there the last few days in an attempt to figure out filling out that app. The first day we tried opening it in the full adobe software, but it didn't open even in that! So one of her friends came up with another solution that required more software that was only available at her work. I did finally get it completed yesterday, but it was too late to fax it so I have to have my dad fax it from his work today. Oh the joys of this job application... I feel like I deserve this job just for submitting an app at this point.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to riorabbit

When did Shirley post that? Could she be better today?

Ashley, some families are just toxic. We'll be near my FIL and his wife next month but my dh isn't even telling them this. It's his choice and even though I encourage him to stay in contact with them, I don't blame him for not doing so. Then there's my totally dysfunctional family. I choose to keep them in my life within boundaries. I try not to expect more from them than they are capable of.

riorabbit
Queen
riorabbit
In response to Vivian loves BLING

Shirley posted that sometime last night and of course she could be better today! That is what I am praying for! I hope so!

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to riorabbit

Just have to share before I take the boys outside to play:

This is at 7 this morning:

Up Bright and Early

And by 8...

Crazy Tracks

Yeah, I'm one of those grandmothers.

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

Nothing wrong with being one of "those" grandmothers.

Kimberly Rae Cole
Diva
Kimberly Rae Cole
In response to moxiegirl23

I'm here.... it's after five in the morning and I'm ready to kill both the cats. Don't mind me.... just read my update in the VCW and you'll understand.

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to Kimberly Rae Cole

• Altered Whimseys... Said:
I'm here.... it's after five in the morning and I'm ready to kill both the cats. Don't mind me.... just read my update in the VCW and you'll understand.

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to leebla

Kim.

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to leebla

I really don't know why or where I got it, but I have one little CM photo sorter thing, and I am putting this stack of pics in it. These pics are terrible shape. The are loose in an album with one magnetic page which they kept because it has a news article in it and it will tear if you pull it out I think. But I think it is contributing to the demise of these pics.

By the way...these old Poloroids, the ones that popped out of your camera with the big white bottom....they are cracking!!!!!!!!!
If you have any scan them!

Scrapnut16
Diva
Scrapnut16
In response to leebla

Good morning!

Shopping and dinner was fun last night. Won't be buying much else...well I still have to use my Michaels gift card. The only problem is that a nasty storm came through right as I was driving to the mall. It's not far from where I work but it took forever with the torrential downpour we got.

Kimberly Rae Cole
Diva
Kimberly Rae Cole
In response to Scrapnut16

Hi Scrapnut....

Ok, ya'll, I'm going to take a shower and see if I feel any better.

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

I will admit to being very fond of the f-word. I use it, not often, but it is a word in my vocabulary.

Just had to ask the painters to tone it down a bit because in a four minute conversation, I heard it 10 times as they stood under the window of my scrap room.

Scrapnut16
Diva
Scrapnut16

• moxiegirl23 Said:

I will admit to being very fond of the f-word. I use it, not often, but it is a word in my vocabulary.

Just had to ask the painters to tone it down a bit because in a four minute conversation, I heard it 10 times as they stood under the window of my scrap room.

I hate the F-word. I can handle almost any other curse word but that one. I yell at my DH for using it all the time. It might slip out of my mouth if I'm really angry but that's a very rare occurence.

ArmyWife28
Tenant
ArmyWife28

• PostingGoddess Vivian Said:
Just have to share before I take the boys outside to play:

This is at 7 this morning:

Up Bright and Early

And by 8...

Crazy Tracks

Yeah, I'm one of those grandmothers.

awww thats awesome...sometimes I feel bad cause my kids are missing out on having moments like that with DH and I's parents. THOSE types of grandmas are the BEST type.

ArmyWife28
Tenant
ArmyWife28

• moxiegirl23 Said:

lol In my office at the DH's Unit I have to constantly ask them to tone down the language. I'm used to it I live with a soldier (who has a saliors mouth), but I don't want any families that come in to be put off by listen to all the foul mouths up there lol.

Kimberly Rae Cole
Diva
Kimberly Rae Cole
In response to ArmyWife28

I am working on my language.... I literally used to swear like a sailor when I got ticked off... I have to watch that now seeing as I'm going to be the "Pastor's" wife....

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla

I do better with mine, and until I just get so ticked off I can't take it anymore.
Like last weekend...I'm pretty sure the neighbors heard some choice words!

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

I'm peeved that I've not had internet at home. ..... And been way too busy at work. ..... It's putting a kink in my time with you gals!

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to leebla

that's when I knew medications were in order again

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to leebla

ugghhh...it is past time to start work, but I am almost done with this stack!

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to scrappycath

• scrappycath Said:
I'm peeved that I've not had internet at home. ..... And been way too busy at work. ..... It's putting a kink in my time with you gals!

Did the lightning take your internet out Cathy? Or something else?

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath
In response to leebla

Kim -

AND - you're beautiful face was featured as I just logged on!!!

Kimberly Rae Cole
Diva
Kimberly Rae Cole
In response to leebla

I'm really off to the shower this time.... and then to the market... if I can't sleep, I'll shop

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath
In response to leebla

• leebla Said:
  • scrappycath Said:

Did the lightning take your internet out Cathy? Or something else?

It zapped a cable box outside. Just about the entire neighborhood is without. Should be repaired today. It popped on breifly this morning... then POOF gone again. The guy was out there working on it. Said he was getting close.

Then I only have a few days with you before we go away on vacation to CA!!! We'll be gone 6/19 through 6/28. So I'll miss an entire weeks thread!!!!!!

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

Speaking of lightening....... guy came out about the a/c yesterday... I thought the lightening hit my neighbors yard...... it hit ours! The compressor took a direct hit. Got to see the path it left.

Thank God it was grounded appropriately or the house would have been zapped/burned!!!

Scrapnut16
Diva
Scrapnut16

• scrappycath Said:
Speaking of lightening....... guy came out about the a/c yesterday... I thought the lightening hit my neighbors yard...... it hit ours! The compressor took a direct hit. Got to see the path it left.

Thank God it was grounded appropriately or the house would have been zapped/burned!!!

Is it fixed? Storms scare me cause of the damage they can do. More storms headed this way today.

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla

Ya know...I do not have the world's most expensive scanner/printer... I know that. And I curse the prints sometimes.

But right now in scanning these photos, that are yellowed and deteriorated (I cannot spell that word)
I am very pleased. In the process of scanning, you can actually do a color correction, and it is taking the yellow right out! And that is without even touching it in photo software!

Scrapnut16
Diva
Scrapnut16
In response to leebla

I don't have a scanner. I would like to get one in the future.

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

• Scrapnut16 Said:
  • scrappycath Said:

Is it fixed? Storms scare me cause of the damage they can do. More storms headed this way today.

Yeah the A/C got fixed last night.

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

Ashley {whenever you check in} just wanted to give you a for all the family drama!

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

Elizabeth - wanted to give you a and a for all the great fortune of the photos and stories. What a treasure!!!!

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

Shirley - here's yours sweetie I so wish that you were feeling better. And that you knew why you do not feel well.

I do hope that you did not drive while being dizzy etc!!!!!

How did the neuro appt go?

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

Vivian - here's one for you & the boys

I know you're having a great time - I can tell by the photos!

Have fun!!!!!

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

Susan - hope all the new resp. at work is a good thing for you!

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

Liz/Moxie - We may go to Edwards Air Force Base while on vaca........... I know the boys will love it......... but I'm so excited!!!

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

And of course we'll be doing the Navy Base in San Diego too. I forget what ship my cousin's dh is on - but he is going to take us on his ship.

riorabbit
Queen
riorabbit

Ok, just happened to be looking online at something else a moment ago and found an add for the position I hope to be submitting an app for today. It sounds great! I really think I would be a great canidate for them, but making my app and resume reflect that can be hard. I have told myself no more stressing over it. Going to submit it in a little bit.

LOTS OF PRAYERS HERE would be very very appreciated. Even just that I don't stress too much about it... if it works out, it is meant to be. If not, it wasn't. Can't do much more.

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla

I know this batch of photos from the 70's wasn't as big a treaure as the ones from 1902, and I have scanned them several at a time and will crop them out later....

but it's been an interesting walk down memory lane. I know I am a rare person who actually knew my great grandparents, and all of my grandmother's siblings....but I miss my great-grandparents even now. My grandpa died in 84 and my grandma in 1991.

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath
In response to leebla

E - I was fortunate to know my great-grandmother. She was a wonderful and very beautiful woman. For her time frame, she was also a very strong willed independent woman. She had the most gorgeous long blonde hair, she put it up everyday. I remember seeing her with it down for the first time and being awe-struck at how long her hair was! She had a fabulous smile. I can remember one time when she was 95 years old, I offered to help her walking down the steps outside her home and she refused my help telling me I was treating her as if she was old!!!

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

Gotta run again!

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla

• scrappycath Said:
E - I was fortunate to know my great-grandmother. She was a wonderful and very beautiful woman. For her time frame, she was also a very strong willed independent woman. She had the most gorgeous long blonde hair, she put it up everyday. I remember seeing her with it down for the first time and being awe-struck at how long her hair was! She had a fabulous smile. I can remember one time when she was 95 years old, I offered to help her walking down the steps outside her home and she refused my help telling me I was treating her as if she was old!!!

That woulda been MY great-grandmother.

In fact my grandmother is that way.
She was talkig the other day about the hairdresser who comes to her apartment building and she has never used her, but "Those old women their seem to like her"

ArmyWife28
Tenant
ArmyWife28
In response to riorabbit

good luck!!!

LeeLo
LeeLo 
Diva
LeeLo
  • LeeLo on 06-13-08 06:01 AM
In response to ArmyWife28

Mornin everyone!

I've still got to catch up on the old thread and run some errands for work...be back in a bit!

Scrapnut16
Diva
Scrapnut16
In response to LeeLo

Hi Leah

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla

Okay, I have patient appointments this afternoon, so I truly do need to leave now.

Scrapnut16
Diva
Scrapnut16
In response to leebla

• leebla Said:
Okay, I have patient appointments this afternoon, so I truly do need to leave now.

Hope you have a great afternoon!

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to leebla

And I am soooo scrapping this layout of my great-great-grandparents when I get home. I love this picture I remember seeing it hang on my great-grandma's wall when I was a kid, and I am doing this layout. I will be all in my head by the time I get home I think.

riorabbit
Queen
riorabbit
In response to leebla

Ok, my dad has left for work with a copy of my resume and application to fax over for me (no fax machine here). So no more changes. Must just now wait and hope for the best. (keeping fingers, arms, legs, toes, and eyes crossed).

Scrapnut16
Diva
Scrapnut16
In response to riorabbit

• riorabbit Said:
Ok, my dad has left for work with a copy of my resume and application to fax over for me (no fax machine here). So no more changes. Must just now wait and hope for the best. (keeping fingers, arms, legs, toes, and eyes crossed).

Think good thoughts! You will get the job that's perfect for you!

Scrapnut16
Diva
Scrapnut16

Okay I haven't scrapbooked in almost a week. Serious withdrawal happening! After my trip to Michaels tonight I HAVE to finish the Fathers Day present for my Father and 3 Fathers Day cards and a Thank you card for my grandma. THEN I can scrap...tomorrow...in the morning and early afternoon.

Side note on the Thank You card for grandma. I decided since she can never remember when I call and thank her for something I am also going to make her a card. I'm going to cover all bases. Of course I'll be in trouble if she loses that. It's worth a try though.

riorabbit
Queen
riorabbit

• Scrapnut16 Said:
Okay I haven't scrapbooked in almost a week. Serious withdrawal happening! After my trip to Michaels tonight I HAVE to finish the Fathers Day present for my Father and 3 Fathers Day cards and a Thank you card for my grandma. THEN I can scrap...tomorrow...in the morning and early afternoon.

Side note on the Thank You card for grandma. I decided since she can never remember when I call and thank her for something I am also going to make her a card. I'm going to cover all bases. Of course I'll be in trouble if she loses that. It's worth a try though.

Wow...you know, I have considered myself a "scrapbooker" for around 13 years. However, until recently I rarely did it. I chat about it often, I collected supplies all the time, looked at other layouts, but actually FINISHING my own layouts...that was rare. I am doing a bit better at it the last year, but I still generally only scrapbook like every couple weeks. Definitely not every week.

Scrapnut16
Diva
Scrapnut16
In response to riorabbit

• riorabbit Said:
  • Scrapnut16 Said:

Wow...you know, I have considered myself a "scrapbooker" for around 13 years. However, until recently I rarely did it. I chat about it often, I collected supplies all the time, looked at other layouts, but actually FINISHING my own layouts...that was rare. I am doing a bit better at it the last year, but I still generally only scrapbook like every couple weeks. Definitely not every week.

Actually before April I didn't scrapbook much...hadn't for almost a year. But since April I've been scrapping all the time. So when I can't and I want to it drives me nuts! If I can scrap one or two days a week I'll be happy but I have some things from May I need to finish scrapping so I can start on June.

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to riorabbit

I used to scrapbook every other day. I haven't made a page since April 6 and I'm feeling it. I'm hoping to soon, but I keep getting sidetracked with other stuff.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

Boys are now learning the joy of tearing apart Styrofoam. Major vacuuming in my future!

We've been in the building and outside. Got too hot, so we came back into the house. Counting down to nap time. I'm ready to drop.

I did get more done in the building while the boys colored, played their version of ping pong and played with the race tracks.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

• scrappycath Said:
Vivian - here's one for you & the boys

I know you're having a great time - I can tell by the photos!

Have fun!!!!!

They are! I'm just tired!!!

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

• scrappycath Said:

Were you able to find that spiky thingie that lightning can make in the dirt/sand?

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

Still skimming here.

I read about Kim's situation. When older cats start behaving this way, it could be a health issue and its only way of letting you. I am so glad for our mattress liner! Hope you're doing better.

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

on another conference call. ugh.

LeeLo
LeeLo 
Diva
LeeLo
  • LeeLo on 06-13-08 07:53 AM
In response to leebla

Hey everyone...I'm back from errands.

AshleyS3285
Guru
AshleyS3285
In response to LeeLo

mornin all!!!! got caught up... Thanks for the support viv!!! We'll get if figured out, is it bad not to invite them to the wedding?... Gtg back to actual working...check in later

jellyziva
Governor
jellyziva
In response to riorabbit

• riorabbit Said:

From the old thread
  • riorabbit Said:
  • jelly97 Said:
I wanna scrap.. but I can't. I'm still dizzy and disoriented. Please pray for my drive up to Mayo tomorrow morning. I'll drive very slowly.. hopefully I'll feel better tomorrow.

WHOA! Definitely praying, but if you aren't safe to drive call me... I am up already. All I have to do today is feed the neighbor's dog (ok, that is a bit of a challenge cause the thing is known to bite people and hasn't seen me in over a year... ) Seriously, I don't want anything to happen to you because you were dizzy and driving.

Thanks, Rio!!! Your prayers worked! I am feeling better today (of course, I'm seeing the doctor, everytime I see them, I'm perfectly normal).

Thanks so much for the offer..... DH was worried about me but he's got a meeting today. Anyway, I think I would be ok... ttyl... got to go now!

riorabbit
Queen
riorabbit
In response to jellyziva

• jelly97 Said:
  • riorabbit Said:

From the old thread
  • riorabbit Said:
  • jelly97 Said:

Thanks, Rio!!! Your prayers worked! I am feeling better today (of course, I'm seeing the doctor, everytime I see them, I'm perfectly normal).

Thanks so much for the offer..... DH was worried about me but he's got a meeting today. Anyway, I think I would be ok... ttyl... got to go now!

Glad to hear that.

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to riorabbit

I just got into a confrontation with a neighbor. Her miniature doberman pinscher has been running around the hallways and I asked her politely to leash it because it's setting the other dogs off and the rule is leash the dogs in the common area. She told me to mind my own business and leave her and her dog alone. I left a message with the condo management company. I'm sick of this. I work in my room, which is on the opposite side of the building from the front door. I usually run my a/c (which is loud) and have my office door shut. You would think with all that white noise, people I talk to would not be able to hear the dogs barking for hours at a time. Wrong. I've had to hang up with people because it's so loud. What's worse is if the dogs are in the common area as Abby and I are walking through it, she stops, freezes and sometimes starts to cry because she is terrified of dogs. I've had to pick her up and carry her because she won't respond to me when I try to get her to walk, just breaks down.

I'm shaking right now because I'm so upset.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to AshleyS3285

• Ashley S Said:
mornin all!!!! got caught up... Thanks for the support viv!!! We'll get if figured out, is it bad not to invite them to the wedding?... Gtg back to actual working...check in later

It is your wedding. Whatever the two of you decide together is right.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to riorabbit

Trying to get the boys to nap.

riorabbit
Queen
riorabbit

• moxiegirl23 Said:
I just got into a confrontation with a neighbor. Her miniature doberman pinscher has been running around the hallways and I asked her politely to leash it because it's setting the other dogs off and the rule is leash the dogs in the common area. She told me to mind my own business and leave her and her dog alone. I left a message with the condo management company. I'm sick of this. I work in my room, which is on the opposite side of the building from the front door. I usually run my a/c (which is loud) and have my office door shut. You would think with all that white noise, people I talk to would not be able to hear the dogs barking for hours at a time. Wrong. I've had to hang up with people because it's so loud. What's worse is if the dogs are in the common area as Abby and I are walking through it, she stops, freezes and sometimes starts to cry because she is terrified of dogs. I've had to pick her up and carry her because she won't respond to me when I try to get her to walk, just breaks down.

I relate more than I care to admit. The situation that ended in Rio pup and I moving from the little apartment that I liked having to myself to a house with a roommate was due to a frekin idiot that let her dog loose and it attacked rio several times. I called the apartment management on her. They were complete @@#$ heads and said they wouldn't do anything even though the policy was to leash dogs. Then they told me if I complained again they would evict me (I had NEVER complained before). They also told her that so she called animal control and claimed rio was not on a leash and he attacked HER and bit her... lieing sack of trash (insirt four letter word with an sh here...I know we just spoke of swear words, but to say this makes me upset would be a complete understatement).

I was shaking so bad when I called them after dealing with her. I seriously hope something horrid happens to her someday. Don't have a nice thought for her and the hell she made my life in me...

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

Oh, Liz, What a horrible person! Rules are there for a reason. I'd have a camera handy and take pix of the dog running loose and record the barking, too. You've got nothing to lose since she's not even trying to be a good neighbor.

Scrapnut16
Diva
Scrapnut16

• moxiegirl23 Said:

That is just rude and disrepectful of her! You did the right thing in confronting her and when she got nasty you did the right thing in notifying the manager. People need to obey the rules.

NMlady
NMlady 
Governor
NMlady

Yay, I used my Cuttlebug.

LeeLo
LeeLo 
Diva
LeeLo
  • LeeLo on 06-13-08 09:32 AM

I'm going to HL tomorrow!!!

Scrapnut16
Diva
Scrapnut16
In response to LeeLo

• LeahDee Said:
I'm going to HL tomorrow!!!

Yeah! I'm going to M's tonight after work to spend my gift card and the $20 my grandma sent me.

LeeLo
LeeLo 
Diva
LeeLo
  • LeeLo on 06-13-08 09:42 AM

Wahoo!!

I'm hoping to get some Cricut mats. And hopefully a spatula!

LOL...I just bought adhesive at WM this morning while I was there running errands for work. I checked the HL website for specials and to print a coupon and they have adhesives for 30% off! So....I'm taking my receipt with me so I can price compare and if I can get them cheaper at HL I will just return them to WM. I have to go to WM anyways so it isn't a special trip or anything.

riorabbit
Queen
riorabbit
In response to LeeLo

Ok, I called my dad, he had faxed it over, so I called them to see if they recieved the fax. They said yes! She was funny too because she asked the name in kind of a mellow monotone voice, then I said my name, and she sounded all excited and said she got it like right away so she must have remembered the name. She didn't have time to be looking through papers in the time between when I said my name and she said that.

I am trying not to read too much into that...

Scrapnut16
Diva
Scrapnut16
In response to LeeLo

• LeahDee Said:
Wahoo!!

I'm hoping to get some Cricut mats. And hopefully a spatula!

LOL...I just bought adhesive at WM this morning while I was there running errands for work. I checked the HL website for specials and to print a coupon and they have adhesives for 30% off! So....I'm taking my receipt with me so I can price compare and if I can get them cheaper at HL I will just return them to WM. I have to go to WM anyways so it isn't a special trip or anything.

I'm not sure exactly what I'm going to get at M's but I have a list of things I want to look at. And I have a 50% off coupon which I may use to get a new die or embossing folder for my cuttlebug.

Scrapnut16
Diva
Scrapnut16
In response to riorabbit

• riorabbit Said:
Ok, I called my dad, he had faxed it over, so I called them to see if they recieved the fax. They said yes! She was funny too because she asked the name in kind of a mellow monotone voice, then I said my name, and she sounded all excited and said she got it like right away so she must have remembered the name. She didn't have time to be looking through papers in the time between when I said my name and she said that.

I am trying not to read too much into that...

It sounds like a good sign to me! Good luck! I hope you get it.

riorabbit
Queen
riorabbit

I have several fifty percent off Coupons for J's and M's and stuff I want from both, but no dough...

However, I will get paid a bit for pet sitting the neighbor's dog.

AshleyS3285
Guru
AshleyS3285
In response to riorabbit

good luck rio... hope you get the job!

AshleyS3285
Guru
AshleyS3285

YEAH ITS PAYDAY!!!!!

LeeLo
LeeLo 
Diva
LeeLo
  • LeeLo on 06-13-08 09:50 AM

Hope you get the job Rio!

LeeLo
LeeLo 
Diva
LeeLo
  • LeeLo on 06-13-08 09:50 AM
In response to LeeLo

Ashley...do you get paid weekly or biweekly? It's payday for me too! But, I only get paid biweekly. So...I can only get excited every other Friday.

LeeLo
LeeLo 
Diva
LeeLo
  • LeeLo on 06-13-08 09:51 AM
In response to LeeLo

I have a 40% coupon to HL...when did they stop doing the 50% ones?? The last couple of emails that I have actually opened (I don't always open to see the coupon b/c I usually am not going...they're an hour away!) had the 40% ones.

riorabbit
Queen
riorabbit
In response to LeeLo

Thanks for all the well wishes! This is the part that makes me more nervous... I hate the follow up calls. I mean calling today to see if they got it is kind of a follow up, but still... I will probably really follow up again. That was more that faxes can be funky and such. I wanted to know if they got it, but didn't want to ask much more so I didn't ask anything further. I think some time to READ the app might be good for them first...

riorabbit
Queen
riorabbit
In response to riorabbit

I don't know HL well enough to answer that, but I have noticed that M's is suddenly giving tons of 50 percent off Coupons and they used to do mostly 40.

NMlady
NMlady 
Governor
NMlady
In response to riorabbit

Leah lately most of the Coupons from HL haven't even been for 40% off.

LeeLo
LeeLo 
Diva
LeeLo
  • LeeLo on 06-13-08 09:59 AM
In response to riorabbit

Hmmm...wish I had an M's or J's or other options around here! I did discover them about 2 hours from home when MIL & I went out of town. So...next year when we go again I'll have to check them out! We didn't get a chance this time.

Can you get M or J Coupons online or do they have to mail them?

NMlady
NMlady 
Governor
NMlady
In response to NMlady

I'm at the bookstore alone this morning. On Friday's we close for lunch so I need to go lock up and run some errands. See you all later.

LeeLo
LeeLo 
Diva
LeeLo
  • LeeLo on 06-13-08 10:01 AM
In response to LeeLo

Goin to lunch...be back soon!

riorabbit
Queen
riorabbit
In response to LeeLo

• LeahDee Said:
Hmmm...wish I had an M's or J's or other options around here! I did discover them about 2 hours from home when MIL & I went out of town. So...next year when we go again I'll have to check them out! We didn't get a chance this time.

Can you get M or J Coupons online or do they have to mail them?

J's frequently has them online. ALSO...have you checked out thier website? They have a better selection online and you can use Coupons on their online stuff. You do have to pay shipping, but if you live that far from stores like that you are going to end up paying shipping or gas anyway. So especially for you it makes sense!

They do free shipping Coupons fairly often as well. Those are generally only for purchases over 25 dollars and cannot be combined with a 40 percent off coupon, BUT...if stuff is already on sale it is a great way to get the sale items. They put the stacks on sale 50 percent all the time and then you could use free shipping to get them.

riorabbit
Queen
riorabbit
In response to riorabbit

J's online has either a 40 percent off or a free shipping on purchases over 35 dollars right now. The Coupons are right on thier website...

Scrapnut16
Diva
Scrapnut16
In response to NMlady

• NMlady Said:
I'm at the bookstore alone this morning. On Friday's we close for lunch so I need to go lock up and run some errands. See you all later.

You work in a bookstore? I am jealous with envy. I am an absolute bookworm! If I'm not scrapping than I'm usually reading.

Scrapnut16
Diva
Scrapnut16
In response to LeeLo

• LeahDee Said:
Goin to lunch...be back soon!

Have a good lunch!

riorabbit
Queen
riorabbit

I am a bookworm too, but working at one would be awful for the budget!

foltzy
foltzy 
Governor
foltzy
In response to riorabbit

LeeLo
LeeLo 
Diva
LeeLo
  • LeeLo on 06-13-08 10:44 AM
In response to riorabbit

I'm back!

Lunch was Taco Bell...had a weird craving for it! LOL

Thanks for all the info on J's Rio...I had never really checked into it but I will!

LeeLo
LeeLo 
Diva
LeeLo
  • LeeLo on 06-13-08 10:49 AM
In response to LeeLo

Hey Liz!

foltzy
foltzy 
Governor
foltzy
In response to LeeLo

Hi Leah

LeeLo
LeeLo 
Diva
LeeLo
  • LeeLo on 06-13-08 10:51 AM
In response to LeeLo

I am a total bookworm! I absolutely LOVE to read! I don't get to read near as much as I did before, but I still enjoy it and try to get time to do so!

Page 1 of 15 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics