Welcome to July! It's time for another fun month of AGC!! We will have daily challenges, weekly challenges, weekly photo challenges and a monthly challenge.
Here is the link to the June AGC if you would like to see what its all about and get some kind of idea on the points list...
Only pages that are completed and uploaded on or after July 1 count towards your total points and layouts.
If you are playing for points/prizes please send me $8.00 via USPS no later than July 15th. Please mail to Jessica Chaney, 6749 Barnes Drive West, Theodore, AL 36582.
Or you can pay via PayPal by sending money to [email protected] . If you choose to pay this way, you must pay $8.55 to cover paypal fees.
PRIZES: Gift certificates to sb.com !
1 - Most points overall - no matter what your goal was or how many layouts you complete, if you have the most points at the end of the month, then you win this category...
2 - Most points 10 or less layouts - if you set your goal for 10 or less layouts and complete 10 or less layouts for the month, then you are eligible for this category - if you complete more than your goal of 10 (or less) then congrats to you, but that moves you to the other categories...
3 - Person who sets the highest goal (AND meets that goal) - we all like to be challenged to get layouts completed every month - if you set the highest goal, and meet or exceed your goal, then you win this category...
4 - Random drawing of everyone who meets their goal - very simple, meet your goal and I will put all names into a hat at the end of the month and draw
***** You will only be eligible for prizes having met your LO goal. You can only win in one of the first three categories, but everyone has a fair chance for the random drawing.*****
Count your layout according to the following list:
*8x8 or above= 1 layout (2 pagers count as 2 layouts)
*2 6x6 = 1 layout
*4 mini layouts (3x3, 4x4 etc.)= 1 layout
***Cards do not count toward your layout goal, but you can count points for them***
I know some of you like to alter items, and you make things other than layouts and cards, so you can count them as "layouts" based on the amount of work in them. If you aren't sure how many to count, just ask!
**A note for people who'd like to play for prizes, but not keep track of points; as long as you link/post your layouts to the thread, you can still be eligible for the other categories of prizes!**
1 POINT ITEMS:
- PER word of journaling (does NOT include title, quotes, poetry or pre-made embellies)
- PER photo corner
- PER eyelet
- PER button
- PER staple
- PER any other metal item not listed above (brads, paper clips, grommets, etc.)
- PER loose jewel/rhinestone used
- PER letter/number used (stamped, sticker, chipboard, rubons, diecut, etc.)
5 POINT ITEMS:
- PER cardstock/pattern paper used
- PER scripture, quote or poem (includes song lyrics)
- PER chipboard shape (NOT letters or numbers)
- PER card or swap item made (full points for first, 5 pts for each identical one)
- PER stamped image (not including letters or numbers)
- PER layout 8x8 or smaller (must have a link in this forum)
- PER ribbon and/or fiber used
- PER rub-on shape (anything but letters/numbers)
- PER flourish/swirl
- PER 3D flower (or stacked paper with at least 3 layers)
- PER bling shape/border/words (not individual jewels)
- for using scallops on your layout
- for having a tag (hidden or showing – if hidden you must link a pic here)
- for using felt items
- for using vellum
- for distressing (any type)
- for having a journaling block OR journaling strips
- for creating a LO for another challenge here at sb.com (must tell which challenge it was for)
- for using paint, chalk, ink or embossing on your layout or card
- for following a sketch, or scraplifting a member of this month’s AGC
- for using ghost items (alphas or shapes)
- for doodling
- for paper tearing
- for using non-scrapbook items on your page (includes memorabilia other than pics)
- for using the following themes: Heritage, Sports,
- for having hidden pics or journaling—to take these points, you must include a close up of the hidden items in your gallery and link
10 POINT ITEMS:
- PER 12x12 layout (must have a link in this forum)
- PER altered item created (can count points and layouts for item as long as it is linked here)
- PER mini-album created (may still take points per page)
- PER hand-cut embellies (that you cut out w/ scissors)
- for using overlays
- for using handwritten journaling on your page (or 20 pts for 50+ words or 50 points for 100+ words)
- for creating a layout entirely about Yourself (you must be the only person pictured on page)
- for sewing (hand or machine)
- for using bling (Rhinestones, glitter etc.)
- for doing a layout with no pictures
- for putting embellies or journaling on the photograph (actually on, not just overlapping)
PICTURE POINTS ON YOUR LAYOUTS/PROJECTS/CARDS
- PER picture (4 pics = 20 pts.)
- PER person or animal in each pic
- PER picture over 5 years old OR less than one month old
- PER black & white or sepia toned picture
- PER picture that YOU are in
- PER picture with NO people or animals in it
- PER photo larger than 4x6
- for single page LO w/ 3+ pics OR double page LO w/10+ pics
- PER comment you post in a gallery/blog/my place
- PER new photo taken by you, posted to gallery and linked to this thread
- PER any BLOG entry (must have a link to this forum)
- For updating your siggy points & layouts info IMMEDIATELY after posting points (taken max of twice per day)
- For cleaning up your scrap area after you completed the posted layout
These can be completed at your own pace unless otherwise stated, but earn an extra 10 points if completed on that day.
*July 1 – Set up your siggy to display your points and layout totals – 100 points if done today, 30 if done after today!
*July 2 - Make a layout using flat stickers... 35 points.
*July 3 - Let's be blingy today! Create a layout with bling (glitter, rhinestones, stickles, shiny paper)... 45 points.
*July 4 - Happy 4th of July! Celebrate and have fun today... 200 FREE points for everyone! (NO extra 10 points on this one since so many are out of town)
*July 5 - Make a layout with stamps as your only embellies... 50 points.
*July 6 - Make a negative space layout... 100 points.
*July 7 - Use stars on your layout for 20 points.
*July 8 - Use foam in some fashion on your layout... it can be letters, shapes, anything... 40 points.
*July 9 - Make a layout using 20 flowers for 50 points. Earn another 5 points per flower over 20.
*July 10 - Use 5 or more rub-ons on your layout for 35 points.
*July 11 - Make a birthday card... 30 points.
*July 12 - Use 20 or more eyelets on your layouts for 40 points. 4 points for each additional eyelet.
*July 13 - Use felt on your layout or card for 20 points.
*July 14 - Use triangles on your layout in some form or fashion for 25 points.
*July 15 - Do a product review for your favorite products – 10 points each product as long as you tell us the name – 5 extra points per review if you link the reviews (with the “search and select products” button)
*July 16 - 100 free points!
*July 17 - Do a monochromatic layout for 75 points.
*July 18 - Use fabric on your layout or card for 50 points.
*July 19 - Button up! Use 20 or more buttons on your layout for 40 points.
*July 20 - Christmas in July... Make a layout using only the colors red, white and green for 65 points. Extra 25 points if it is an actual Christmas layout!
*July 21 - Use stripes on your layout for 20 points.
*July 22 - Make a cheerful card for 35 points.
*July 23 - Use circles on your layout for 25 points.
*July 24 – Use a tag on your layout or card for 35 points. Extra 15 points for using two or more tags.
*July 25 - Scrap a "silly" picture for 75 points. Extra 75 points if it's YOU in the silly picture.
*July 26 - Extra 4 points for every brad used on your layout!
*July 27 - Use the paper tearing technique on your card or layout for 30 points.
*July 28 - Use swirls/flourishes on your layout for 50 points.
*July 29 - Revisit past daily challenges... extra 10 points for any uploaded TODAY ONLY... if you have completed them all, give yourself 40 points for today!
*July 30 - 200 free points for everyone! Can anyone guess why?!?
*July 31 - Make sure everything is uploaded and PM me your final totals before midnight for 100 points!!
Must be uploaded/linked by midnight, your time, the end of each week
Week Five – must be uploaded/linked by midnight Thursday, July 31.
Scrapift a member of this month's AGC for 150 points. Extra 50 points if it is a layout that they completed this month.
**Bonus - if your layout was lifted, give yourself 100 points for being an inspiration!
Monthly Scrapbook Challenge
Must be uploaded/linked by midnight, your time, on July 31st.
This is something I have wanted to do for quite a while, but have never had the chance to take the class when it was offered at the LSS.
A Star Book – a mini album that opens up into a star! I was browsing around and found the instructions written by one of our own, senora_x, and I have her permission to link these examples.
The Directions for making this book can be located here:
Star Book Directions
And there are a couple of examples in her gallery, located here:
senora_x's star album
This will be worth 400 points. I can’t wait to see your creations!
Must be uploaded/linked by midnight, your time, the end of each week. These must be NEW for this challenge, unless otherwise stated… Earn an extra 5 points for using your date stamp!
Week Five – must be uploaded by midnight on Thursday, July 31.
Week Five –
*Your keychain – 50 points
*Something personalized – 75 points (extra 25 points if it has your name on it)
*A radio – 50 points