Page 1 of 22 
Username Post: Virtual Crop Week #69 Summer Time        (Topic#1468823)
moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

What is this thread about?

Well, things get quiet here on the weekends, so a thread was started to just hang out and do a virtual crop. Since then it's grown into more. Several people are now "regular" including myself. We chat about anything and everything. (Warning: Sometimes we stray into areas that may be considered "adult," although we always try to be tasteful about it.) We share our latest layouts, pictures, whatever interests us. We have fun and encourage each other.

It's now all week long, too. Since it is a new thread each week, it's easier for anyone to join. Even though we start over each week, it's STILL pages and pages long. Don't be intimidated, we are happy to have anyone drop by and say hello. Some of us read all the replies and keep up, but it is not required. Warning: It can get addictive!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Circle Journal Information:
I suggest 8x8 format because it's easy to do and will fit into a standard mailer.

It's everyone's choice to do either a single or a two page spread and to add whatever you want. Vivian, personally, would like to see a current photo, likes and dislikes on whatever, and something unusual about each person. Like for Liz/Moxie to show her extensive Stickles collection.

To keep things simple, do the same layout for everyone. You could change papers and such depending on your stash but keeping to the same design will make things much easier/faster and no one gets a better page from you than the next person. If someone is short on funds/time to make copies, digitals are acceptable. Even digital copies can be doctored up (read that as blinged) to make a hybrid layout.

PM those you want page(s) from and you'll be getting PMs from others in the Circle. Just let it be known you're interesting in doing this in the thread. This isn't just for VCWer, so if you want to add other people, go ahead. It's your album.

Please leave updates about yourself Update Blogs and Prayer Request Blog . This is for those who can't be online as much as they would like to be. At least this way, there's highlights from this thread.

Most of us also really love bling and encourage bling usage!

Come visit Our Gallery to meet some of the irregular regulars!

So come on! Don't be bashful! And don't be afraid of the fact that this thread MOVES. Just jump in wherever we are, and we'll be glad to get you caught up on what's happening. We never know what we're going to talk about or how silly we will get.

WARNING: Reading of, or participation in, this thread could result in food or drink being sprayed across your computer or sleepless nights... Just read responsibly.

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to moxiegirl23

Morning!

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

laundry is in. I'm about to start cleaning up the mess in my room. There's stuff I need to do in the kitchen, but I don't want to risk waking Abby. She fell asleep watching TV last night in her quest to stay up late. She was so cute snuggled in her bed when I went to turn out the TV and the light.

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

I totally blew off all chores yesterday...

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla

I think you need one of those days now and then...

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to leebla

Oh...morning

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to leebla

dd wants to spend some together time, I need a day of cleaning, I need a day of shopping, I have things I want to do...that isn't all going to fit into the same weekend.

Maybe once the "end of the month" is over on Monday I could take a couple days off

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to leebla

I think that would be a good idea.

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla

caught up on old thread.
Tried to go to Dawn's thread on heritage lo's and it wouldn't let me?
Going to go look for it.

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to leebla

Found it....no one posted?!
I linked my one and only so far!

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to leebla

Geesh, I didn't even bring in my bag from work and my purse last night. They are still sitting in my car!

I know I only have one appointment scheduled today at 4:00 in timbuktu, so I suppose I should spend the rest of the day in my office taking care of some things and start my inventory. Due Monday and I won't get back up there before then.

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to leebla

OMG
Hubby is "watching" a boat on the auction site.

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to leebla

My customer is coming over in about an hour or so, so I need to shower and finish cleaning.

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla

I need to shower and get moving, but I'm down to about 40 pictures here I think. I have to get these off my desk before I go. Just have to. You understand!

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to leebla

• leebla Said:
OMG
Hubby is "watching" a boat on the auction site.

Oy, Elizabeth!!

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla

On the other hand, it's in SC...I could go see Viv when we pick it up

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to leebla

Sounds fair. If he gets to get a boat, you get to see your invisible friend!

Scrapnut16
Diva
Scrapnut16
In response to leebla

Morning! Made the mistake of showing up early to work today and got roped into helping my boss inventory one of our trucks. That's not why I came in early. Now I am going to have a full and busy day trying to get my work done so I don't have to work this weekend. I'll check in throughout the day, but I'm leaving early today. I'm thinking 3 or 3:30 depending on how much I get done.

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to Scrapnut16

Yeah, I know that feeling Susan. Nice if you get off early. I wont today, but I blew off early yesterday, so it's okay. Except I will have to make up the work today. Just the nature of my business.

Scrapnut16
Diva
Scrapnut16
In response to leebla

He promised me he would leave me alone to do what I need to do for the rest of the day. I think around lunch time they are moving this training thing to a hotel or something. This morning all the tech's trucks had to be inventoried to see what they needed and what they had too much of. My boss decided I could write for him since his handwriting is horrible. He only had to write numbers! He is so lazy sometimes. But he makes me laugh everyday so I forgive him.

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla

Mine is still vacation until Monday, so he will be out of my hair. The girls in the office sometimes wanna chat a lot since I am not there much, but if I just say I have a lot to do and not much time, they'll back off.

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to leebla

I need to find some clothes to wear to work today. Already warm and muggy here. Yuck. But I imagine the girls will have the A/C turned up full blast in the office and I will actually end up cold!

Scrapnut16
Diva
Scrapnut16
In response to leebla

I always end up cold in my office. I better get to work. Lots to get done today.

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla

got 10 scanning now, going to take a shower

LeeLo
LeeLo 
Diva
LeeLo
  • LeeLo on 06-27-08 05:17 AM
In response to leebla

Morning! I'm here off and on. Hopefully more on than off!

Scrapnut16
Diva
Scrapnut16
In response to LeeLo

Hi Leah! I'm here off and on today too. Busy day at work for me!

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to LeeLo

5 loads of laundry in. The kitchen needs a wipe down. the bathroom needs to be nuked! I can't believe I cleaned it a couple of days ago and it's already nasty again. Dining room and living room aren't bad and I have several choices for my scraproom, none of which appeal to me.

Abby is cleaning her room under great protest and my customer should be here sometime before 10 am. So far so good.

Scrapnut16
Diva
Scrapnut16

My house needs cleaned too. I swear that there are not enough hours in the day to get it all done!

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla

Wow Liz, you make me tired! I really actually would like to stay home and clean today, but that's not going to happen. Have to be dedicated to my job ya know.

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to leebla

This just stinks.
I am all the way through this pile of pictures and I cannot clearly identify any of them as my one cousin as a toddler or baby. There are bunches of her older sister.
I wonder if there is another box of pics up there in that closet?
It surprises me because I always thought this cousin was the favorite grandchild. Her picture is all over grandma's apartment now!

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to leebla

I make me tired.

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla

scanning 5 now...5 left to go!

LeeLo
LeeLo 
Diva
LeeLo
  • LeeLo on 06-27-08 05:36 AM
In response to leebla

I cleaned my house Wednesday night. I was still at it at 11:00 when DH & DS got home from baseball practice. I cleaned toilets, showers, countertops (ick, ick & more ick), emptied all the trash, did a few loads of laundry & put them up, unloaded & loaded the dishwasher, swept the floors, etc., etc. I feel so much better now that it is done...should last a good 3 or 4 days (except laundry) LOL!

Liz...my toilets were GROSS! I don't see how they can get dirty so quick!

Scrapnut16
Diva
Scrapnut16
In response to LeeLo

My toilet is gross and I know exactly how it gets that way, too. My DH!! Of course he won't clean it cause "That's just gross". So he leaves it for me to do.

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla

okay, last 3 pics are scanning, it is time for me to get my hiney out of this house. Will try to check in later!

LeeLo
LeeLo 
Diva
LeeLo
  • LeeLo on 06-27-08 05:53 AM

• Scrapnut16 Said:
My toilet is gross and I know exactly how it gets that way, too. My DH!! Of course he won't clean it cause "That's just gross". So he leaves it for me to do.

Ditto!

Scrapnut16
Diva
Scrapnut16
In response to LeeLo

• LeahDee Said:
  • Scrapnut16 Said:

Ditto!

It's just not fair!

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to leebla

• leebla Said:
On the other hand, it's in SC...I could go see Viv when we pick it up

I'd love it!!! Dh called the people who mark underground wires to come out and mark the inground cables we have here. So he can run electrical to the new building and our shed. He's on vacation after today and doesn't go back to work officially until the 14th of next month! Hopefully it will be spent installing electricity to the building!!!

So my space will be ready for company. But any time!!!

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to leebla

• leebla Said:
This just stinks.
I am all the way through this pile of pictures and I cannot clearly identify any of them as my one cousin as a toddler or baby. There are bunches of her older sister.
I wonder if there is another box of pics up there in that closet?
It surprises me because I always thought this cousin was the favorite grandchild. Her picture is all over grandma's apartment now!

Have you checked behind the currently hanging photos? I know my parents would just place a newer photo over the old ones in the same frame. Unless we gave them new frames with the photo. So all the older school pix are behind the new one.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to Vivian loves BLING

I skimmed and even inserted a random picture.

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

• PostingGoddess Vivian Said:
I skimmed and even inserted a random picture.

Good, 'cause I was too lazy!

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

Customer has come and gone. I need to drop my deposit in the mail now and pay some bills later. I don't want to pay bills. Ugh.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

I think I'll leave the "Beware the Barkside" photo in the old blog. I really like that one.

As to cleaning, that's what I should be doing and will do shortly. I really need a new toilet brush. Thinking of switching to that disposable kind. Anyone here use those? Can't clean anything with something that you can't get cleaned, can you? Talk about gross!!!

Plus I really need to clean our shower before it's gross. Like to be ahead of such things.

What I need to do is finish the trim in the bathroom. That will at least make it look better even when it's messy.

No idea what to cook for dinner tonight. I'm pretty sure ds wants sushi for his dinner tomorrow. So I should go light/cheap tonight. Gotta pick something out of the freezer.

I've got two full size refrigerators AND a full sized freezer. One frig has a messed up door seal so I know it's using more power to keep things cooled. I need to totally empty it and unplug! Been meaning to over a month! New seal is a little over $80 and I've been told they're a PITA to change out. I would love a new frig with the freezer in the bottom. Need to wait at least a couple of years before that purchase.

Yeah, I'm babbling. I need to do the following:

Laundry
Master bathroom (trim woodwork; find a better container for my toiletries for travel AND home; scrub the shower area)
Vacuum carpets
Mop Kitchen
Trim Jewel's nails/claws. You know it's over due when you start having dreams of doing this.
And power crop the rest of 2006 (just November and December)

Edited by PostingGoddess Vivian on 06-27-08 06:30 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

• moxiegirl23 Said:
Customer has come and gone. I need to drop my deposit in the mail now and pay some bills later. I don't want to pay bills. Ugh.

Is this the customer you mentioned yesterday? The big order?

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

• moxiegirl23 Said:

Is this the customer you mentioned yesterday? The big order?

Yup. She added on a little to what she asked for last night.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

That's great, Liz!

I think I'm caught up on here, so gotta get busy.

Scrappygal50
Queen
Scrappygal50

Hello!

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to Scrappygal50

Hi Barbara!

Scrapnut16
Diva
Scrapnut16

Hi everyone! Just popping in. Super busy at work today!

Scrappygal50
Queen
Scrappygal50

Liz, I see she came and shopped. Good for you!

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

Thanks Barbara!

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

I never should have looked at my bank balance. I am now having an anxiety attack about money, even though John is willing to take some of the inheritance money and pay stuff until I get another job so Abby can be home this summer with me. I haven't heard back from Kohls and I just applied with Home Depot (for some reason the apps I submitted back in May didn't go through and there's no record of my applications anywhere). Hopefully the Korean woman I'm meeting tomorrow will like me enough to want me to tutor her in conversational English indefinately.

Scrappygal50
Queen
Scrappygal50

• moxiegirl23 Said:
I never should have looked at my bank balance. I am now having an anxiety attack about money, even though John is willing to take some of the inheritance money and pay stuff until I get another job so Abby can be home this summer with me. I haven't heard back from Kohls and I just applied with Home Depot (for some reason the apps I submitted back in May didn't go through and there's no record of my applications anywhere). Hopefully the Korean woman I'm meeting tomorrow will like me enough to want me to tutor her in conversational English indefinately.

I hated working at our Home Depot.

LeeLo
LeeLo 
Diva
LeeLo
  • LeeLo on 06-27-08 07:41 AM

As to cleaning, that's what I should be doing and will do shortly. I really need a new toilet brush. Thinking of switching to that disposable kind. Anyone here use those? Can't clean anything with something that you can't get cleaned, can you? Talk about gross!!!

Vivian...I use the Scrubbing Bubbles Fresh Brush system. It has a curved handle and is very easy to get under the rim of the toilet. The disposable brushes are flushable, so there is no mess to put in the trash. It also came with a little hook to hang it on the side of the toilet with.

It seems to do a good job, even when there are some stains in the toilet that need to be scrubbed away. I really like it! Also...when I buy refills for it, there is normally a coupon in there for so much off your next purchase of refills.

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

• NeedcheaperGas Said:
  • moxiegirl23 Said:

I hate retail with a passion, but CM isn't doing it right now, there's a glut of photographers around here and without a degree, retail is my choice for a flexible schedule that will let me avoid daycare for Abby.

Scrappygal50
Queen
Scrappygal50

I'm ready to be a homebody. I have plenty around here to keep me busy. Besides with my illnesses, I probably shuld be taking it more easy than I do.

Scrappygal50
Queen
Scrappygal50

• moxiegirl23 Said:
  • NeedcheaperGas Said:
  • moxiegirl23 Said:

I hate retail with a passion, but CM isn't doing it right now, there's a glut of photographers around here and without a degree, retail is my choice for a flexible schedule that will let me avoid daycare for Abby.

I agree with you! They tend to work full timers into the ground. Home Depot would work me ten days in a row all the time. Then you close the store and have to open the next day. That's no kind of life.

LeeLo
LeeLo 
Diva
LeeLo
  • LeeLo on 06-27-08 07:57 AM

Just realized that I'm not too terribly far from 2000 posts!

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

I'm applying for some late evening/overnight positions.

Scrapnut16
Diva
Scrapnut16
In response to LeeLo

• LeahDee Said:
Just realized that I'm not too terribly far from 2000 posts!

Scrapnut16
Diva
Scrapnut16

• moxiegirl23 Said:

I get that way too when my bank balance is low. Like it is right now.

LeeLo
LeeLo 
Diva
LeeLo
  • LeeLo on 06-27-08 08:04 AM

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

• Scrapnut16 Said:
  • moxiegirl23 Said:

I took half a xanax and it has yet to kick in and get rid of the chest tightness. I might have to take the other half.

DawnInAZ
Queen
DawnInAZ

• moxiegirl23 Said:
  • Scrapnut16 Said:
  • moxiegirl23 Said:

I took half a xanax and it has yet to kick in and get rid of the chest tightness. I might have to take the other half.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to DawnInAZ

Liz

Leah, you can do it!

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to LeeLo

• LeahDee Said:

Vivian...I use the Scrubbing Bubbles Fresh Brush system. It has a curved handle and is very easy to get under the rim of the toilet. The disposable brushes are flushable, so there is no mess to put in the trash. It also came with a little hook to hang it on the side of the toilet with.

It seems to do a good job, even when there are some stains in the toilet that need to be scrubbed away. I really like it! Also...when I buy refills for it, there is normally a coupon in there for so much off your next purchase of refills.

I think I want to go with something like that. Having the old brush doused with bleach drying in the toilet (under the seat ring but in the air) always bothered me.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

Seriously thinking of taking a nap.

Scrappygal50
Queen
Scrappygal50

Going to make lunch. BBL.

LeeLo
LeeLo 
Diva
LeeLo
  • LeeLo on 06-27-08 08:59 AM

We're having lunch in the office today. One of the girls is cooking and I made hot fudge cake!

Scrapnut16
Diva
Scrapnut16
In response to LeeLo

• LeahDee Said:
We're having lunch in the office today. One of the girls is cooking and I made hot fudge cake!

Yummy! Sounds much better than what I had.

Scrapnut16
Diva
Scrapnut16

Well looks like I will be taking work home with me tonight. Oh joy! The techs sent the rest of their manifests today and they need to be completed and billed by Monday. Since I have to leave in an hour to go pick up my husband I won't be able to finish it here.

BlingQueenRia
Angel
BlingQueenRia

Skimmed, caught up, off to go check out the LSS, this weekend is their anniversary. The idea of "demo days" is intriguing, so gonna go take a look-see. Then going to the grocery store, should probably get more chicken for dinner tonight, Jeremy's going to come home ravenous. He always does. Catch you later!

Scrappygal50
Queen
Scrappygal50

I'm back. I think I'm going to work on a card for my mil.

Scrapnut16
Diva
Scrapnut16

Ugh, bossman just gave me more manifests. There goes my weekend! At least I'll be getting some overtime. That's a plus. I will make some time this weekend though to get at least one LO done. Then next weekend my DH has a softball tournament so I will have the whole weekend to myself to scrap.

Scrapnut16
Diva
Scrapnut16

My dad is back in the hospital. My step-mother just called. He has pnemonia(sp) and the medicine isn't working so it looks like they are going to admit him. They are running a bunch of tests so hopefully I will know more in a bit.

Scrapnut16
Diva
Scrapnut16

Is this week over yet?

Scrappygal50
Queen
Scrappygal50

• Scrapnut16 Said:
My dad is back in the hospital. My step-mother just called. He has pnemonia(sp) and the medicine isn't working so it looks like they are going to admit him. They are running a bunch of tests so hopefully I will know more in a bit.

Sorry to hear the news about your dad!

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

Susan, hope your father gets the proper care he needs.

LeeLo
LeeLo 
Diva
LeeLo
  • LeeLo on 06-27-08 11:17 AM

Okay...back from lunch...STUFFED!

foltzy
foltzy 
Governor
foltzy
In response to LeeLo

LeeLo
LeeLo 
Diva
LeeLo
  • LeeLo on 06-27-08 11:18 AM
In response to LeeLo

Susan, what did you have for lunch?

Scrappygal50
Queen
Scrappygal50
In response to LeeLo

Finished my card. Now I need to upload it.

LeeLo
LeeLo 
Diva
LeeLo
  • LeeLo on 06-27-08 12:06 PM

Ohhhh...can't wait to see it!

Scrappygal50
Queen
Scrappygal50
In response to LeeLo

Here is the card:

Happy July 4th

Scrappygal50
Queen
Scrappygal50

I need to jump in the shower. I guess I'll have to hobble into the store. We need trash bags.

I shouldn't be too long. I was hoping to do another card or maybe a lo tonight.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

• NeedcheaperGas Said:
Here is the card:

Happy July 4th

Who is getting this card?

Scrappygal50
Queen
Scrappygal50

• NeedcheaperGas Said:
Here is the card:

Happy July 4th

Who is getting this card?

My mil. Remember I send her money every month.

LeeLo
LeeLo 
Diva
LeeLo
  • LeeLo on 06-27-08 12:21 PM

I love your card! I am hoping to make either some cards or LOs this weekend!

Scrapnut16
Diva
Scrapnut16
In response to LeeLo

• LeahDee Said:
Susan, what did you have for lunch?

I had Bean with Bacon soup. It was ok. I would have much rather had your lunch though!

foltzy
foltzy 
Governor
foltzy

I just got my order of cuttlebug embossing folders, that was really exciting. Brian is also sending me out tomorrow by myself to M's and ACM's and maybe I'll be able to find Joann's (I can not find it) to buy some crafting things (he says I need to get on my own for a day and he'll keep the kids). I'm so happy and excited.

daezee
daezee 
Diva
daezee
In response to LeeLo

I'm home. Today was exhausting, but it's over! We sat through 28 people presenting lessons that lasted anywhere from 10 minutes to 20 minutes.

daezee
daezee 
Diva
daezee
In response to daezee

Which...after looking at the time limits, it doesn't seem like that long....but we had set-up in between lessons, journaling time after each lesson...etc...we didn't even break for lunch.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to daezee

Shopping 1&2

Shopping 3&4

Scrapnut16
Diva
Scrapnut16
In response to daezee

My dad called. They admitted him to the hospital and have him hooked up to IVs and stuff. He said it got so bad today he started hallucinating and was so exhausted he couldn't get up.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

Susan

Scrappygal50
Queen
Scrappygal50

• Scrapnut16 Said:
My dad called. They admitted him to the hospital and have him hooked up to IVs and stuff. He said it got so bad today he started hallucinating and was so exhausted he couldn't get up.

So sorry!

Scrappygal50
Queen
Scrappygal50

I'm obviously back.

foltzy
foltzy 
Governor
foltzy

Susan

daezee
daezee 
Diva
daezee

Ria said:Nope, a true story. A very short one, but a true one.

The other day I was cleaning house. When I clean, I am everywhere. I was walking down the hall and saw a spider on the floor. Right smack dab in the middle. I ran over and started stomping the living daylights out of it. (There are brown recluses here, which are poisonous. Because of that I stomp them all. I'm an equal opportunity spider stomper. ) I got a paper towel and bent down to pick it up and found out it was...a plastic spider RING. Both my kids get them at Halloween.

I am picturing this and giggling!!! I could absolutely picture you doing this...AND it is definitely something I would do! Do you know how many pieces of thread I've killed!?!

Edited by daezee on 06-27-08 01:14 PM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to daezee

Page 1 of 22 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics