Username Post: Kit for 10 yr old scrapper        (Topic#1471411)
Colorado Kari
Idol
Colorado Kari

What would you put in a kit for a 10 year old beginning to scrapbook girl?

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease
In response to Colorado Kari

I'd go for a coordinating line with paper and embellies. K & Co has some cute girlie ones, like Berry Sweet (I love that line!). This way, it will be easier for her to put her papers and embellies together. HTH

siameseplease
Angel
siameseplease
In response to siameseplease

There's even more to the line than this. I also like that it has a matching 8x8 album, so you could technically give her a kit to make a whole album, if that's what you'd like to do.
Products Referenced in This Post:

imagine.lilacs
Queen
imagine.lilacs
In response to siameseplease

and scissors, glue sticks, stickles, flowers, a few rolls of pretty ribbon, and some brads. I got something like all this for my 8 year old son, and he loves it all! Have fun!!

KellyLeigh
Idol
KellyLeigh
In response to imagine.lilacs

I put together a little kit for my 8 year old dd for her birthday last year. I got everything at michaels one thing at a time so I could use Coupons so it came out to be very inexpensive. I got her an 8x8 K&C0 album (8x8 is much easier than 12x12 for a kid). Then I bought her an 8x8 stack of papers that looked very child friendly. Then I also got a couple of the little 8x8 page kits (one was beach, one was bithday, etc.) I got her a box of adhesive squares and a trimmer and that was it!

She also uses a lot of my "extras" and punches and things and she has also added to her "stash" over the past few months and I have even found myself borrowing her stuff from time to time!

ashtonsmommy
Governor
ashtonsmommy
In response to KellyLeigh

Dollar store and big lots stuff!!!

I found Heidi Swapp albums and chipboard kits at mine so I bought extra to put a kit together for my step-daughter! If I get more I am stocking up on it for other peopel's kids for b-day presents!

Vintage Beginnings
Expert
Vintage Beginnings

A bag or plastic container filled with dollar store and Big Lots finds. You can get a bundle of things to get her started without spending a bunch of money. Then add little things to her scrapbag as she prgresses. Maybe even use new future purchases as an incentive for good grades, homework, or chores! That way if she loses interest, you don't have alot of $ invested.
(Gosh - I don't even know if it's your daughter. I just assumed!)

Vintage Beginnings
Expert
Vintage Beginnings
In response to Vintage Beginnings

Just looked at your site. No daughter but congrats on your baby boy

genni
genni 
Guru
genni
  • genni on 07-15-08 07:14 PM
In response to KellyLeigh

If you have a Target near you, they usually have a bunch of cute sb things for $1. I just picked up some paper, stickers, markers, punches, and card making kits for my 4 y/o. Yes, I know, 4 is a bit young, but she really wants to be just like mommy! Can't go wrong with items that are only a buck!

Judy_Scraps
Mayor
Judy_Scraps
In response to genni

Cardstock packs, patterned paper s, gel pens, adhesive, brads, stickers, deco scissors, regular scissors, a kid friendly paper trimmer. My almost 10 year old DD has been scrapping since she was 6. I bought her a Carl trimmer (at age 6) that she has to slide the paper under rather than lift the blade. Her fingers don't get near the blade at all.

crystaljrieger
Veteran
crystaljrieger
In response to Judy_Scraps

I would go for some sparkly gel pen too - my daughter is 11 and can't get enough sparkly writing on her pages.

Croppin4Christ
Guru
Croppin4Christ

I bought the cutest pink Scrapbook bag wtih all the fixin's at Joanns. I gave it to my daughter (4) for Christmas. She loves to scrapbook. She has her own bag, book, papers, chipboard and stickers. And of course, everytime I shop, I bring her something. She makes some really great pages. Never thought of it, but I should post her book. Will have to work on that one this weekend. That would thrill her!!

Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics