Page 1 of 22 
Username Post: Virtual Crop Week 72 Welcome Baby Andrea        (Topic#1471775)
moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

What is this thread about?

Well, things get quiet here on the weekends, so a thread was started to just hang out and do a virtual crop. Since then it's grown into more. Several people are now "regular" including myself. We chat about anything and everything. (Warning: Sometimes we stray into areas that may be considered "adult," although we always try to be tasteful about it.) We share our latest layouts, pictures, whatever interests us. We have fun and encourage each other.

It's now all week long, too. Since it is a new thread each week, it's easier for anyone to join. Even though we start over each week, it's STILL pages and pages long. Don't be intimidated, we are happy to have anyone drop by and say hello. Some of us read all the replies and keep up, but it is not required. Warning: It can get addictive!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Circle Journal Information:
I suggest 8x8 format because it's easy to do and will fit into a standard mailer.

It's everyone's choice to do either a single or a two page spread and to add whatever you want. Vivian, personally, would like to see a current photo, likes and dislikes on whatever, and something unusual about each person. Like for Liz/Moxie to show her extensive Stickles collection.

To keep things simple, do the same layout for everyone. You could change papers and such depending on your stash but keeping to the same design will make things much easier/faster and no one gets a better page from you than the next person. If someone is short on funds/time to make copies, digitals are acceptable. Even digital copies can be doctored up (read that as blinged) to make a hybrid layout.

PM those you want page(s) from and you'll be getting PMs from others in the Circle. Just let it be known you're interesting in doing this in the thread. This isn't just for VCWer, so if you want to add other people, go ahead. It's your album.

Please leave updates about yourself here in the update blog and also here in the Prayer Request Blog. This is for those who can't be online as much as they would like to be. At least this way, there's highlights from this thread.

Most of us also really love bling and encourage bling usage!

Buy bling! Have bling! Use bling! Bling is a beautiful thing!

Come visit Our Gallery to meet some of the irregular regulars!

So come on! Don't be bashful! And don't be afraid of the fact that this thread MOVES. Just jump in wherever we are, and we'll be glad to get you caught up on what's happening. We never know what we're going to talk about or how silly we will get.

WARNING: Reading of, or participation in, this thread could result in food or drink being sprayed across your computer or sleepless nights... Just read responsibly.

Edited by moxiegirl23 on 07-18-08 02:51 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to moxiegirl23

• riorabbit Said:
Eh, I think I killed the other thread about that subject ....that or I am gonna get flamed. Dunno... The dude seems nice enough and all, but the way people are acting about it bothers me.

I would not take that as acceptable if it were reversed. If a group of guys got on here claiming to be scrapbookers and started asking about how such a hot woman could scrapbook and saying she was eyecandy and such... we would call them trolls and they would be removed. I don't understand why the reverse is acceptable? Even if he is not bothered by it... I AM!

Oh and ugg...so today at work, one of the guys (who is new) started making comments about a customer and what would the other guy employees do if that was their gf and they he was like...dang...what would I do if it was my gf...then he made comments about how he would be walking funny all the time. Seriously... I expect that and thought nothing of it while working as a river guide, but it is NOT appropriate in retail to a customer... AT ALL!!!

I agree with you Rio. I also love what you said about "virtual sexual harrassment". I keep waiting for one of the more vocal women in that thread to offer to stuff sb supplies down his pants in return for him taking his shirt off.

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla

morning!

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to leebla

never got back here yesterday, so going to open another tab and start trying to catch up!

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to leebla

Morning Elizabeth!!

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to leebla

• scrappycath Said:
  • moxiegirl23 Said:
I think I'd gladly trade right now.

Oh this weighs on my mind. This is one of those things that I have such trouble with - finding the balance between work and home life. Seems I can not find the happy medium

AMEN SISTA! I am sooo struggling with that lately too. Especially after 2 days of CQI meetings again and realizing how much I need to do still!

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath
In response to leebla

Morning ladies. Was thinking that I could skip the remainder of the old thread and jump in here....

But I missed the birth of Andrea (or is it Andraya?)

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath
In response to scrappycath

Welcome home Elizabeth!

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

• scrappycath Said:
Morning ladies. Was thinking that I could skip the remainder of the old thread and jump in here....

Dawn posted Andrea last night. She sent me the pic sometime around 7ish.

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla

• scrappycath Said:

Cool beans!

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla

• scrappycath Said:
Welcome home Elizabeth!

Thank you!

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

• babigirl Said:
Hey ladies and of course i have all my online wedding cordinators

Viv i never thought about being simple lol

The only theme i have is i am going to look like a princess lol okay that's not a theme but i want the fairytale wedding i know not very unique

I did have an idea though i wanted to get a memory candle like i said well i seen where i could personalize one so i thought i could put my auntie and uncles name on it and his grandma so it's like they are there with us so what do yall think?

While the memory candle sounds like a nice idea, you should consider the mood that it might set. Depending on how recent or how traumatic the passing of your aunt & uncle, it could change the atmosphere.

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to leebla

• Diva foltzy Said:

Love the new pic!

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to leebla

I don't want to do anything today. I should be running around like a madwoman right now. Abby has swim today, then I have tutoring, then we have to hop in the car and drive to meet my mom and once I give Abby to my mom, I race home in time to teach a class tonight. Ugh.

riorabbit
Queen
riorabbit

Hey Moxie...what site was it you said had CS3 for cheap with student discount? I can't just get the upgrade though...like the full actual package is what I am looking for (well, illustrator and photoshop)

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

• DawnInAZ Said:
My niece had her baby today mid afternoon!!

Andrea Michele Chapman has entered the world weighing 5lbs 15 oz and is 18 inches long!

Mother and baby are doing great and I am leaving to go see them in 20 minutes!

Whoohoo! Whoohoo!

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to riorabbit

academicsuperstore or the adobe store site. The upside to the adobe site is once they confirm your eligibility, you can download the software immediately.

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

• Ashley S Said:
I just finished making a picture with my 5 yo aspie cousin.... We spelled out spiderman on the cricut and he used a Half of my Purple Stickles and the rest of my cotton candy stickles on the letters... I think he can be the bling prince...

Coolio! Are we going to see it??

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to leebla

• DawnInAZ Said:

Andrea Michele Chapman has entered the world weighing 5lbs 15 oz and is 18 inches long!

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

• Tink-Hildur Said:
Hi ...

I just came back from the hospital ... Anika got admitted since after we got there she was really sick and got morphine and anti vomiting drugs through an IV ... lots of fluids and we ended up staying there for more than 10 hours ...

I have to wake up every 4 hours to give her her pain meds since shes in horrible pain and the vomiting will start up again if she doesn't get it at the right time ...

I'm so tired that I can not stay awake ....

See all of you in the morning ...

Tink! For you and the girls!

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla

• scrappycath Said:
  • Tink-Hildur Said:
Hi ...

I just came back from the hospital ... Anika got admitted since after we got there she was really sick and got morphine and anti vomiting drugs through an IV ... lots of fluids and we ended up staying there for more than 10 hours ...

I have to wake up every 4 hours to give her her pain meds since shes in horrible pain and the vomiting will start up again if she doesn't get it at the right time ...

I'm so tired that I can not stay awake ....

See all of you in the morning ...

Tink! For you and the girls!

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to leebla

Cathy we are too much alike! I was just copying Tink's post to bring here! haha

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

• DawnInAZ Said:
  • riorabbit Said:
Eh, I think I killed the other thread about that subject ....that or I am gonna get flamed. Dunno... The dude seems nice enough and all, but the way people are acting about it bothers me.

I would not take that as acceptable if it were reversed. If a group of guys got on here claiming to be scrapbookers and started asking about how such a hot woman could scrapbook and saying she was eyecandy and such... we would call them trolls and they would be removed. I don't understand why the reverse is acceptable? Even if he is not bothered by it... I AM!

Oh and ugg...so today at work, one of the guys (who is new) started making comments about a customer and what would the other guy employees do if that was their gf and they he was like...dang...what would I do if it was my gf...then he made comments about how he would be walking funny all the time. Seriously... I expect that and thought nothing of it while working as a river guide, but it is NOT appropriate in retail to a customer... AT ALL!!!

I am sitting here so shocked at how freaked out people got at me in that thread.
All I did was ask a question. Good Lord.
Some of them were almost vicious.

That's terrible! I saw that thread about the guy early on and thought that it was disgusting. I would most certainly be appauled if people spoke that way or treated a woman that way - doing so to a man is the same! I decided not to read anymore of it.

riorabbit
Queen
riorabbit
In response to leebla

Hey Moxie...do you have just photo shop? Is that what you meant was 300 and something? I was looking for photoshop AND illustrator and I can only find them on there for either around 200 for illustrator and 300 for photoshop or like almost 600 for those combined with flash and something else. I really want both photoshop and illustrator now, but DANG... they are expensive...

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla

I think I'll just skip the thread!

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

• DawnInAZ Said:
I even wonder if that guy is really the model in those pics?
I mean CMON. He seems more interested in getting attention, posting his model photos and being swooned over, which makes me just gag.

LOL I was picturing this pencil-necked geek sitting there getting his jollies!

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to riorabbit

• riorabbit Said:
Hey Moxie...do you have just photo shop? Is that what you meant was 300 and something? I was looking for photoshop AND illustrator and I can only find them on there for either around 200 for illustrator and 300 for photoshop or like almost 600 for those combined with flash and something else. I really want both photoshop and illustrator now, but DANG... they are expensive...

All I use is Photoshop. I didn't have a use for illustrator.

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath
In response to leebla

• leebla Said:
Cathy we are too much alike! I was just copying Tink's post to bring here! haha

I'm telling you - we were separated at birth or something!

Scrapnut16
Diva
Scrapnut16

Morning...well thankfully today is the last day of my boss's vacation. Never thought I'd be so happy to see him come back. And today I get to leave early. Although I have to leave early to take DH to the lawyer which is making me a little nervous. Never been to a lawyer before.

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

• moxiegirl23 Said:
  • riorabbit Said:

Some people at work use illustrator - but for highly detailed renditions of our model (homes) brochures. Of course the originals are generated by a very powerful highly sophisticated CAD type system.

Photoshop (full version) has more to it than the typical crafty person needs. It's an awesome powerful image editing system.

Even PSE is great for crafting.

riorabbit
Queen
riorabbit

• moxiegirl23 Said:
  • riorabbit Said:

Makes sense! I have been having a blast playing with illustrator though...

I am going to hold off for a while. Maybe once I get through more photoshop stuff I will be content with just it. I have heard that a lot of what we are doing in illustrator can be done in photoshop... So maybe just photoshop would be enough.

I just remembered talking to you about prices and got confused so then I realized maybe it was because you just use the one.

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath
In response to leebla

• leebla Said:

Good idea, we have enough in life to cause aggravation! Who needs more of it?

riorabbit
Queen
riorabbit

• scrappycath Said:
  • moxiegirl23 Said:
  • riorabbit Said:

Some people at work use illustrator - but for highly detailed renditions of our model (homes) brochures. Of course the originals are generated by a very powerful highly sophisticated CAD type system.

Photoshop (full version) has more to it than the typical crafty person needs. It's an awesome powerful image editing system.

Even PSE is great for crafting.

I am taking a class on it right now...LOVE it. Not thinking just crafty stuff... I am now kind of getting interested in going in to more computer photographic imaging stuff for a side job and such.

riorabbit
Queen
riorabbit

• scrappycath Said:
  • leebla Said:

Very smart idea! I am kind of wanting to avoid going back. I hate to like post and run to it, but ugg... I don't want to return to flames either.

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

Rio - it's a big investment in the saoftware - but if you truly want to make a career in graphia design, it may well be worth getting both Illustrator and Photoshop

riorabbit
Queen
riorabbit
In response to riorabbit

Oh and I can say I have photoshop elements and it doesn't have any of what I wanted to play with tonight. So I do think the full thing is a bit more needed...

I have actually gotten so I can basically design my own digi stuff now. I don't need to download other peoples digi papers and embellies. I can make my own that I like better. That is what I am wanting illustrator for. I LOVE that I can actually design my own papers and stuff. I would love to see if I could submit some stuff to manufacturers eventually too. Have some of my own designed papers, stamps, and such out there.

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

• scrappycath Said:
Rio - it's a big investment in the saoftware - but if you truly want to make a career in graphia design, it may well be worth getting both Illustrator and Photoshop

Our posts crossed in cyper space.

I meant to include on this one - that it would be worth the investment and especially now while you can get the student discount.

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to riorabbit

• riorabbit Said:
  • moxiegirl23 Said:
  • riorabbit Said:

Makes sense! I have been having a blast playing with illustrator though...

I am going to hold off for a while. Maybe once I get through more photoshop stuff I will be content with just it. I have heard that a lot of what we are doing in illustrator can be done in photoshop... So maybe just photoshop would be enough.

I just remembered talking to you about prices and got confused so then I realized maybe it was because you just use the one.

That's what I've heard, too. I use PS for photos and to make the occasional JPG for GSD conversion.

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath
In response to riorabbit

• riorabbit Said:
Oh and I can say I have photoshop elements and it doesn't have any of what I wanted to play with tonight. So I do think the full thing is a bit more needed...

I have actually gotten so I can basically design my own digi stuff now. I don't need to download other peoples digi papers and embellies. I can make my own that I like better. That is what I am wanting illustrator for. I LOVE that I can actually design my own papers and stuff. I would love to see if I could submit some stuff to manufacturers eventually too. Have some of my own designed papers, stamps, and such out there.

Start by offering a few freebie downloads via your blog. Submit them to some of the digi sites like designerdigitals et al. You can do it!

Edited by scrappycath on 07-18-08 03:35 AM. Reason for edit: blog instead of bolg!!!!

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

Don't mind my spelling!

riorabbit
Queen
riorabbit

• scrappycath Said:

That is part of what I am torn on...do I really have any chance of a career in it... or is it just a fun thing for me?

Granted, I had so much fun in class tonight I was ready to come home and sell all my paper crafting supplies and save myself loads of space. Then use that money for software. Love how compact it is too. My little laptop and camera are all I need.

I think some of what is really encouraging me is that not only do I feel I am getting the hang of it, but my professor really is encouraging and the other students keep commenting on how creative my stuff is and how much they like it.

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to riorabbit

• riorabbit Said:
  • scrappycath Said:
  • leebla Said:

Very smart idea! I am kind of wanting to avoid going back. I hate to like post and run to it, but ugg... I don't want to return to flames either.

People are more up in arms about the questionable use of the word date than they are about you questioning if it's a sexist thread.

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

And Rio - a personal request..... design papers and embellies that will work for boy/man pages. There just aren't enough of them out there!

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath
In response to riorabbit

• riorabbit Said:
  • scrappycath Said:

That is part of what I am torn on...do I really have any chance of a career in it... or is it just a fun thing for me?

Granted, I had so much fun in class tonight I was ready to come home and sell all my paper crafting supplies and save myself loads of space. Then use that money for software. Love how compact it is too. My little laptop and camera are all I need.

I think some of what is really encouraging me is that not only do I feel I am getting the hang of it, but my professor really is encouraging and the other students keep commenting on how creative my stuff is and how much they like it.

Don't sell your paper!!!!!!! You are going to LOVE hybrid scrapping/crafting!

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

OK - off to work. Will check back later!

TGIF!!!! {for some reason}

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to Scrapnut16

• Scrapnut16 Said:
Morning...well thankfully today is the last day of my boss's vacation. Never thought I'd be so happy to see him come back. And today I get to leave early. Although I have to leave early to take DH to the lawyer which is making me a little nervous. Never been to a lawyer before.

They put their pants on one leg at a time just like the rest of us honey! And some of them think they are better than God, but they are not. Hubby works with 30+ every day and they are a great bunch. Of coarse I also have a bil who is one of the type they write all the lawyer jokes about.

Scrapnut16
Diva
Scrapnut16
In response to leebla

• leebla Said:
  • Scrapnut16 Said:

They put their pants on one leg at a time just like the rest of us honey! And some of them think they are better than God, but they are not. Hubby works with 30+ every day and they are a great bunch. Of coarse I also have a bil who is one of the type they write all the lawyer jokes about.

I know...don't know why I am so nervous about it. Maybe I'm just worried about what he's going to say about DH's case.

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla

• scrappycath Said:
And Rio - a personal request..... design papers and embellies that will work for boy/man pages. There just aren't enough of them out there!

And autism!

riorabbit
Queen
riorabbit
In response to leebla

• leebla Said:
  • scrappycath Said:

And autism!

One of my good friends adds a puzzle piece somewhere in many of her layouts. Kind of like the hidden puzzle piece. They have puzzle stamps, die cuts, and punches... I thought that was a cute touch since the puzzle piece is the autism awareness symbol.

riorabbit
Queen
riorabbit
In response to riorabbit

I should add she has a son with autism. (Traci L. S. here at sb.com )

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to leebla

Ugghhh...I just read all my work emails from yesterday. My local boss is so out of it. Fater talking with the new guy they put in charge of our division, 2 days of this meeting, and having dinner and drinks with out corporate compliance officer last night at the airport...I am so fired up to go into work and shake some things up today. Really torn about spending the day in the office today, or half a day working from home, going to get my oil change tire rotation done at my scheduled time and taking the afternoon off toget things ready for the campground this weekend.

Scrapnut16
Diva
Scrapnut16
In response to leebla

Are you going camping this weekend, Elizabeth?

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to leebla

actually torn about even going to the campground tonight. Hubby has to stay in Toledo tonight, because he has to work on moving half of the law office to another area so they can remodel and he will be there most all day tomorrow too. Hopefully will make it back in time for the fireworks.
Thought my best IRL friend was going to be there, in camper next to us, but now she can't get there until tonight. So it will probably just be ds, the dog, and I...but then that might be good too. Maybe he and I can just spend some time together and work some things out.

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

• Scrapnut16 Said:
  • leebla Said:
  • Scrapnut16 Said:

I know...don't know why I am so nervous about it. Maybe I'm just worried about what he's going to say about DH's case.

That's a totally valid reason to be worried. Every time John and I had to meet with lawyers about his cases, I used to get so sick.

Scrapnut16
Diva
Scrapnut16
In response to leebla

That sounds like a good idea. Quality time.

Scrapnut16
Diva
Scrapnut16

• moxiegirl23 Said:
  • Scrapnut16 Said:
  • leebla Said:
  • Scrapnut16 Said:

That's a totally valid reason to be worried. Every time John and I had to meet with lawyers about his cases, I used to get so sick.

So it's perfectly normal that I'm feeling sick to my stomach, then? Good...I didn't want to seem like a wuss.

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to leebla

he asked me before I went to Atlanta if he could bring a friend this weekend, and I said yes. then he asked me if the friend could be a girl...just friends. I said I had to talk to dh. dh said, well it's up to you, I won't be there. Ummm...I was looking more for guidance on if that was the right thing to do with 15/16 year old kids...IF the girl's parents would even allow her to go. He still dumped it on me. Son didn't bring it up last night, so I don't know. Might ask him to go with me when I get my oil changed and go to a couple stores and see if we can get some Christmas stuff!

riorabbit
Queen
riorabbit
In response to leebla

Ok, I am going to attempt to return to bed. *should not have taken such a long nap yesterday*

Hope everyone's Friday goes well!

Susan good luck with the lawyer stuff. Hope your stomach feels better too.

Scrapnut16
Diva
Scrapnut16
In response to riorabbit

Thanks, Rio! Hope you get some good sleep!

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla

• Scrapnut16 Said:

we have a camper permanently parked at Pleasant Hill Lake where we have our pontoon boat. Our friends have their motorhome parked on the next spot.

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to riorabbit

• riorabbit Said:
  • leebla Said:
  • scrappycath Said:

And autism!

One of my good friends adds a puzzle piece somewhere in many of her layouts. Kind of like the hidden puzzle piece. They have puzzle stamps, die cuts, and punches... I thought that was a cute touch since the puzzle piece is the autism awareness symbol.

That is what I have done with some. And I did find some paper recently that had some puzzle pieces sort of worked into the pattern, it wasn't what it was intended for, but I thought they were cool.

Scrapnut16
Diva
Scrapnut16
In response to leebla

• leebla Said:
  • Scrapnut16 Said:

we have a camper permanently parked at Pleasant Hill Lake where we have our pontoon boat. Our friends have their motorhome parked on the next spot.

That sounds like fun! My grandparents used to have a camper permanently parked at a campground in Wisconsin when I was a kid. We always had the greatest time there. But when Grandpa got really sick they had to give it up. I still miss it.

Scrapnut16
Diva
Scrapnut16
In response to leebla

• leebla Said:
  • riorabbit Said:
  • leebla Said:
  • scrappycath Said:

And autism!

That is what I have done with some. And I did find some paper recently that had some puzzle pieces sort of worked into the pattern, it wasn't what it was intended for, but I thought they were cool.

That is so neat! I learn so much from you guys.

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to leebla

Okay, I started lists on the plane last night as I was reading through things. New bossman sent us a list of things to think about too. Need to organize my thoughts. Need to organize my day. Do have an appointment for my car at 11:30 and I have to drive up to the dealer to do it. Hey, free oil changes and free tires for the life of my car? Worth the inconvenience of driving 40 minutes to the dealer. I pay $15 to have the tires rotated on a regular basis, and when they need replaced, they do it....fair enough!

Scrapnut16
Diva
Scrapnut16
In response to leebla

• leebla Said:
Okay, I started lists on the plane last night as I was reading through things. New bossman sent us a list of things to think about too. Need to organize my thoughts. Need to organize my day. Do have an appointment for my car at 11:30 and I have to drive up to the dealer to do it. Hey, free oil changes and free tires for the life of my car? Worth the inconvenience of driving 40 minutes to the dealer. I pay $15 to have the tires rotated on a regular basis, and when they need replaced, they do it....fair enough!

I wish I had that! My car needs an oil change but I'm trying to find a coupon before I go.

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla

• Scrapnut16 Said:
  • leebla Said:
  • Scrapnut16 Said:

That sounds like fun! My grandparents used to have a camper permanently parked at a campground in Wisconsin when I was a kid. We always had the greatest time there. But when Grandpa got really sick they had to give it up. I still miss it.

We use it more like a cottage, but basically no TV (there is one, but it only gets about half of one channel which gives us weather when we need it), no craziness, only our cell phones....we cook over a fire almost every night. We sit around the fire with our friends and enjoy a beer, or two, or three... When it gets nice out we go out on the boat.

Scrapnut16
Diva
Scrapnut16
In response to leebla

• leebla Said:
  • Scrapnut16 Said:
  • leebla Said:
  • Scrapnut16 Said:

We use it more like a cottage, but basically no TV (there is one, but it only gets about half of one channel which gives us weather when we need it), no craziness, only our cell phones....we cook over a fire almost every night. We sit around the fire with our friends and enjoy a beer, or two, or three... When it gets nice out we go out on the boat.

Ok...my grandparents had a tv and used the stove and oven. But they did have a firepit and we would roast marshmallows every night.

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla

• Scrapnut16 Said:
  • leebla Said:

I wish I had that! My car needs an oil change but I'm trying to find a coupon before I go.

Part of the reason I picked that dealer. Actually that and the guys in the service department don't treat you like an idiot because you are female. The old dealer used to just roll his eyes at me and I would have to have hubby take off work to take my car in!

Scrapnut16
Diva
Scrapnut16
In response to leebla

• leebla Said:
  • Scrapnut16 Said:
  • leebla Said:

Part of the reason I picked that dealer. Actually that and the guys in the service department don't treat you like an idiot because you are female. The old dealer used to just roll his eyes at me and I would have to have hubby take off work to take my car in!

That makes me so mad!

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to leebla

We do have a grill up there Susan. And there is a microwave in the camper that comes in handy. No oven. I've used the stove once or twice, but I just love how food tastes cooked over a fire. And we have pie irons so the kids get to make their own dinners.

Scrapnut16
Diva
Scrapnut16
In response to leebla

It sounds like fun, Elizabeth. Need to talk DH into something like that so we have somewhere to go relax.

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to leebla

John is going to drive Abby to my mom's this afternoon so I can have more time to work on my class prep tonight.

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to leebla

I suppose I should get back to proofing our P&P manual....OMG, this was insane...when we met back in May, we went through the P&P book page by page to revise and update policies. There were also a lot of grammatical errors....if I spelled that wrong, sue me....

So yesterday was supposed to be a final proof read...4 hours and we didn't get even half way through them because these people had to knit-pick ever comma, every grammer error, every everything to death! In the P & P manual. And some of them, I am actually certain they argued until they actually convinced them selves of the wrong answer!

I asked my hubby last night. I said, okay you managed a hospital RT department and other hospital departmets for 15 years, you manage a law office now....have you ever had this happen? He was appalled.

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla

• Scrapnut16 Said:
It sounds like fun, Elizabeth. Need to talk DH into something like that so we have somewhere to go relax.

It's only a 3 hour drive Susan, come spend the weekend with me!

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to leebla

So Liz, Cathy...well all of you....

Does the company have "After hour tech support" or "After hours tech support"?

Scrapnut16
Diva
Scrapnut16
In response to leebla

• leebla Said:
  • Scrapnut16 Said:

It's only a 3 hour drive Susan, come spend the weekend with me!

I totally should! We're not doing anything this weekend.

Scrapnut16
Diva
Scrapnut16
In response to leebla

• leebla Said:
I suppose I should get back to proofing our P&P manual....OMG, this was insane...when we met back in May, we went through the P&P book page by page to revise and update policies. There were also a lot of grammatical errors....if I spelled that wrong, sue me....

So yesterday was supposed to be a final proof read...4 hours and we didn't get even half way through them because these people had to knit-pick ever comma, every grammer error, every everything to death! In the P & P manual. And some of them, I am actually certain they argued until they actually convinced them selves of the wrong answer!

I asked my hubby last night. I said, okay you managed a hospital RT department and other hospital departmets for 15 years, you manage a law office now....have you ever had this happen? He was appalled.

That's horrible!

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

After hours.

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla

Thank you, I agree. So does my hubby. I was out-voted. I said okay, so which hour?

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to leebla

I just changed into clothes from my nightshirt cause I figured it was time to start to focus (and hubby has the A/C turned up so high I was freezing)...anyhow Chief just saw me dressed and is freaking out that I am going to walk out the door!

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to leebla

Laundry just needs to be folded and put away. I just ran to the attic space to pull down Abby's suitcase so we can pack it. The dishes are drying, the sink is deodorizing, and once I put the dishes away, I can wipe down the counters, sweep the floor and call the kitchen officially done. I've made small dents in many piles.

I'm accomplishing stuff this morning, I'm just not sure how much.

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

Poor Chief!

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla

Oh my gosh, he is soo funny. When I got home last night he was just freaking out! Then once I came in the house and he attacked me, it was okay, so now everything is right with the world and I can act like normal. Didn't really even follow me around like usual. But he slept curled up right next to me all night. Now he is sleeping in a chair across the room, but I swear he has one eye open in case I move!

Scrapnut16
Diva
Scrapnut16

Now that I have all my alphabet dies for my Cuttlebug I'm hoping that it will give me some motivation to scrapbook! I want to get some photos developed from my bday and DH's baptism. Plus I took some pics of a storm coming in and I was thinking of doing a LO on my fear of storms for my Book Of Me.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

Good morning!

Old thread:

• DawnInAZ Said:

Congrats! Any photos yet? Love the digital age!

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to Vivian loves BLING

Had to skim.

Scrapnut16
Diva
Scrapnut16
In response to leebla

• leebla Said:
Oh my gosh, he is soo funny. When I got home last night he was just freaking out! Then once I came in the house and he attacked me, it was okay, so now everything is right with the world and I can act like normal. Didn't really even follow me around like usual. But he slept curled up right next to me all night. Now he is sleeping in a chair across the room, but I swear he has one eye open in case I move!

LOL!!! I went and got Ole last night from my mom's. He's going to stay with me this weekend. All last night he followed me around the house. When I went and took a bath he laid right outside the door. I kept tripping over him!

Scrapnut16
Diva
Scrapnut16

Hi Viv!

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

Hey, Susan!

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

Trying to scan the rest of the gift album. Forgot to buy an album yesterday, I was so intent on trying to find a Wii Fit. So I'll use a pink album I was planning for another use. Oh, well.

Waiting for appliance repair people. Need that recall thingie taken care of. Hopefully today.

Gotta get 3 Whopper Pies made. Not BK Whopper but the Whopper candies. It's ice cream pies with those candies in the them. I'll take step by step pix for a recipe blog here.

Dh got the a/c going last night. I've not checked it out yet. He's not happy with the way it looks from the outside, but it's much more energy efficient (read that to mean cheaper to run) this way.

Scrapnut16
Diva
Scrapnut16

• Bling Fairy Vivian Said:
Trying to scan the rest of the gift album. Forgot to buy an album yesterday, I was so intent on trying to find a Wii Fit. So I'll use a pink album I was planning for another use. Oh, well.

Waiting for appliance repair people. Need that recall thingie taken care of. Hopefully today.

Gotta get 3 Whopper Pies made. Not BK Whopper but the Whopper candies. It's ice cream pies with those candies in the them. I'll take step by step pix for a recipe blog here.

Dh got the a/c going last night. I've not checked it out yet. He's not happy with the way it looks from the outside, but it's much more energy efficient (read that to mean cheaper to run) this way.

Thanks for clarifying! I was scratching my head there for a minute. Boy am I slow this morning!

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

I get that confusion when I say "whopper pies" for my dd's birthdays. We've been doing this for years. Only missed the year she was pregnant with first grandson. I couldn't do anything plus we celebrated at a restaurant and I didn't even think of making one. Did later but missed her birthday that year.

Scrapnut16
Diva
Scrapnut16

It sounds like something my DH would love! He loves whoppers.

DawnInAZ
Queen
DawnInAZ

• Bling Fairy Vivian Said:
Good morning!

Old thread:

• DawnInAZ Said:

Congrats! Any photos yet? Love the digital age!

I have photos of Megan and baby in my gallery.

Here is two though.

Cute lil Andrea
By DawnInAZ

My niece Megan and her new daughter
By DawnInAZ

Scrapnut16
Diva
Scrapnut16
In response to DawnInAZ

Dawn, she is beautiful! I want a baby...
I'm glad they are both doing well...I would love to hold her! I love babies!

Scrapnut16
Diva
Scrapnut16

I'm being bombarded with emails this morning. Where are they all coming from? It was fairly quite after Monday. Thank goodness I'm leaving early today!

DawnInAZ
Queen
DawnInAZ

• Scrapnut16 Said:

thanks...I know, I would love one also!

I thought they were spelling the baby's name one way, but it's the usual way instead.

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to DawnInAZ

• DawnInAZ Said:
  • Scrapnut16 Said:

thanks...I know, I would love one also!

I thought they were spelling the baby's name one way, but it's the usual way instead.

That's actually probably a good thing. My granddaughters all have "unusual" names, and they get upset because they can never find anything personalized like their friends.
The 12 year old was ecstatic when I could cut her name out on my Wishblade and apply it to things!

Scrapnut16
Diva
Scrapnut16
In response to leebla

Okay not only is my scalp peeling and I look like I have dandruff now my chest is peeling. Maybe I should stay indoors till it's done!

Page 1 of 22 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics