Page 1 of 26 
Username Post: Virtual Crop Week 73 Summertime        (Topic#1472791)
moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

What is this thread about?

Well, things get quiet here on the weekends, so a thread was started to just hang out and do a virtual crop. Since then it's grown into more. Several people are now "regular" including myself. We chat about anything and everything. (Warning: Sometimes we stray into areas that may be considered "adult," although we always try to be tasteful about it.) We share our latest layouts, pictures, whatever interests us. We have fun and encourage each other.

It's now all week long, too. Since it is a new thread each week, it's easier for anyone to join. Even though we start over each week, it's STILL pages and pages long. Don't be intimidated, we are happy to have anyone drop by and say hello. Some of us read all the replies and keep up, but it is not required. Warning: It can get addictive!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Circle Journal Information:
I suggest 8x8 format because it's easy to do and will fit into a standard mailer.

It's everyone's choice to do either a single or a two page spread and to add whatever you want. Vivian, personally, would like to see a current photo, likes and dislikes on whatever, and something unusual about each person. Like for Liz/Moxie to show her extensive Stickles collection.

To keep things simple, do the same layout for everyone. You could change papers and such depending on your stash but keeping to the same design will make things much easier/faster and no one gets a better page from you than the next person. If someone is short on funds/time to make copies, digitals are acceptable. Even digital copies can be doctored up (read that as blinged) to make a hybrid layout.

PM those you want page(s) from and you'll be getting PMs from others in the Circle. Just let it be known you're interesting in doing this in the thread. This isn't just for VCWer, so if you want to add other people, go ahead. It's your album.

Please leave updates about yourself here in the update blog and also here in the Prayer Request Blog. This is for those who can't be online as much as they would like to be. At least this way, there's highlights from this thread.

Most of us also really love bling and encourage bling usage!

Buy bling! Have bling! Use bling! Bling is a beautiful thing!

Come visit Our Gallery to meet some of the irregular regulars!

So come on! Don't be bashful! And don't be afraid of the fact that this thread MOVES. Just jump in wherever we are, and we'll be glad to get you caught up on what's happening. We never know what we're going to talk about or how silly we will get.

WARNING: Reading of, or participation in, this thread could result in food or drink being sprayed across your computer or sleepless nights... Just read responsibly.

Edited by SticklesQueenMoxie on 07-29-08 02:24 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to moxiegirl23

• jelly97 Said:
If you have any DCWV papers (neutral stack, I think) from the lot (CS-004-00001)... you may want to check your papers for acidity...

I'm convinced I'll be getting a pH pen for testing my paper for acidity. Esp on the heritage LOs.

I think mfg quality is very hard to control when it's overseas.. you have to rely on sample testing AND the reputation of your supplier (certification does have some use to some degree).. so I think it's possible for things like these to happen to the largest companies....

I know recall is very very costly, but as a business, I would at least refund the person who tested her paper acidic or send her a new stack. Instead of simply questioning her pen... which could be valid.. BUT it's always good PR and good business practice to at least try to investigate an issue that a customer has..... (eg look into the lot number, do some internal testing.. which they may have been doing already)....

The more I read responses here, the closer I am to deciding that I have no interest in buying from DCVW again. I'm still not sure if I want to keep the stacks I have. It wasn't even my thread and I feel violated because DCWV called someone at sb.com and asked that the thread be mopped. No one was rude or mean. There were no calls for boycott or a lynch mob. People were concerned and a little upset and willing to accept a variety of explanations. There was no need for the thread to be mopped except to placate an embarassed company. What's next, another glitter glue company asking that threads promoting stickles as better than other glitter glues be mopped?

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

• Bling Fairy Vivian Said:
  • leebla Said:
OMG I am just thinking to myself "Why doesn't anyone make nice paper roses for scrapbooking...every dang plower out there but roses...and what should appear in the superstore...

You CAN link here so we can over it, too.

Years ago I bought a red vellum premade sbing rose. I think it's a Jolee's. Still have. I've made my own copying it but never used the original. Basically circles with parts folded over.

If you need roses, QuicKutz makes a rose die.

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

• leebla Said:
this site went totally wonky on my computer a minute ago....\

what I tried to post is that I found a site that has them on pre-order, but they ship in September

I'm going to be placing an order in a day or so, I think.

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

I just placed my pre-order for the 18 new bottles of Stickles.

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla

• moxiegirl23 Said:

You just had to beat me to it, didn't ya!

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to leebla

• leebla Said:
  • moxiegirl23 Said:

You just had to beat me to it, didn't ya!

Refers Elizabeth to the second line of MY siggy.

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to leebla

okay, I really have to evaluate what I should be doing today...because after having let the alarma wake me every 9 minutes for an hour, hubby did decide to stay home today...and I HAD planned to go to my office today...I have equipment that I am hoping is coming in today, and I won't have time to go get early enough next week. And paperwork issues that need resolved. And about 12 million notes I made when surfing the P&P book word by word...

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to leebla

My new Stickles are also pre-ordered! It will seem like Christmas when they show up!

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to leebla

I also just ordered the rest of the Ranger Liquid Pearl colors that I don't have (except one they were out of)

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to leebla

I didn't get any of those yet. Once I start bringing in some more money, then I'll grab those.

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to leebla

nope got that one too!

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to leebla

I picked up two at a stamping store here, only because they were in my wedding colors and the lady told me if I liked Stickles I would like the Liquid Pearls...I do!

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to leebla

That's what I used to highlight the swirls on this layout.

Sisters
By Leebla

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to leebla

They're pretty. Nice layout, too!

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to leebla

Oh I need to find out what hubby's plan for the day is so I can figure out what I need to do.

Don't know why it should even bother me, since I don't know how many times I wished he would take a day off and spend with me, and he couldn't spare the time.

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla

• moxiegirl23 Said:
They're pretty. Nice layout, too!

Thank you!

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath
In response to leebla

good morning

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to scrappycath

Morning Cathy!

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla

mornign Cathy!

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

• moxiegirl23 Said:

I bow before you oh great queen of stickle-ness

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to leebla

• leebla Said:
Oh I need to find out what hubby's plan for the day is so I can figure out what I need to do.

Don't know why it should even bother me, since I don't know how many times I wished he would take a day off and spend with me, and he couldn't spare the time.

Maybe because you've got a lot of stuff to do?

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

I hurt today.

I didn't treadmill the past few days, trying to see if that was causing extra pain. I don't think it can be narrowed down. It just happens

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

I'm processing a bunch of photos from our trip to CA. Gonna then put them on disk. We are headed to the beach, and my cousins will be there. This way I can give them a set.

Scrapnut16
Diva
Scrapnut16
In response to leebla

Morning! Today I get off early and I'm driving up to Cleveland to spend the weekend with my best friend. And this morning in about 10 minutes I'm getting a massage...that work is providing.

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

I need......

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath
In response to Scrapnut16

• Scrapnut16 Said:
Morning! Today I get off early and I'm driving up to Cleveland to spend the weekend with my best friend. And this morning in about 10 minutes I'm getting a massage...that work is providing.

WOW!

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla

• moxiegirl23 Said:
  • leebla Said:

yeah, that's it...

I meant I don't know why it bothers me that he's home and I feel like I should be here. He'll probably work on his boat all day

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to leebla

Need more tea.
Need to go see what he's doing

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to leebla

okay, hubby is definately off today, not working from home, but he is planning on working on the boats all day, so I am going to head to work

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to leebla

Cathy, did you call off sick today?

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath
In response to leebla

Yes I did. And I really don't feel well.

God must be messing with me! I feel guilty enough.

Stomache is queezy - but I think that is from the extreme headache, which is from the spinal pain. Gonna pop some meds.

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

But hey - I was doing work last night to make sure it was taken care of!

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

Gotta get going.

Have a great weekend!

See you later!

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla

you're a good girl.

had I known earlier in the week hubby was taking today off, I might have planned different. But I was off half a day Tuesday for a doctor appointment and grandmother, half a day yesterday for my tests and grandmother, some time on Tuesday....

okay, I gotta get moving. I'll check in from the office.

Scrapnut16
Diva
Scrapnut16

• scrappycath Said:
  • Scrapnut16 Said:

WOW!

OK massage not so relaxing this time. Very painful actually. Guess I was really stiff in my neck, shoulders and back. She told me if anyone cancels today she's calling me back in to work on my shoulders more.

Megan - ForumTech
The Janitor
Megan - ForumTech

• moxiegirl23 Said:

The more I read responses here, the closer I am to deciding that I have no interest in buying from DCVW again. I'm still not sure if I want to keep the stacks I have. It wasn't even my thread and I feel violated because DCWV called someone at sb.com and asked that the thread be mopped. No one was rude or mean. There were no calls for boycott or a lynch mob. People were concerned and a little upset and willing to accept a variety of explanations. There was no need for the thread to be mopped except to placate an embarassed company. What's next, another glitter glue company asking that threads promoting stickles as better than other glitter glues be mopped?

In a perfect world, where the Internet did NOT expand past sb.com ...I'd agree with this.

Everyone here was appropriate; I'd expect no less from our neighbors.

But...that thread was getting pulled elsewhere. Where folks don't have a sense of...I'm not sure what the word is I'm looking for. Behaving like adults, perhaps.

Worse yet, parts of it were being pulled out, ALTERED, and reposted. That, to me, is beyond acceptable. I'll stand by my words anytime. But to take my words, ALTER them, and post them as truth...not OK. And I don't think it should happen to any of our neighbors, either.

That's the reason they requested the thread be pulled; how it was being used elsewhere. And they did post an official response here. I don't know if they chose to do so on the...alternate sites or not.

That means something to me. Just my 10 cents.

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

I've hit quota for this quarter! No worries about deactivation until October.

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to Megan - ForumTech

• Megan - ForumTech Said:
  • moxiegirl23 Said:

In a perfect world, where the Internet did NOT expand past sb.com ...I'd agree with this.

Everyone here was appropriate; I'd expect no less from our neighbors.

But...that thread was getting pulled elsewhere. Where folks don't have a sense of...I'm not sure what the word is I'm looking for. Behaving like adults, perhaps.

Worse yet, parts of it were being pulled out, ALTERED, and reposted. That, to me, is beyond acceptable. I'll stand by my words anytime. But to take my words, ALTER them, and post them as truth...not OK. And I don't think it should happen to any of our neighbors, either.

That's the reason they requested the thread be pulled; how it was being used elsewhere. And they did post an official response here. I don't know if they chose to do so on the...alternate sites or not.

That means something to me. Just my 10 cents.

That does make a difference to me. Having that explanation makes me feel somewhat better, but I wish the entire situation had been handled better than it was. My trust is shaken in the company for several reasons (the thread being pulled without explanation and the official post where they essentially blamed the pens), and while I appreciate you coming in here and taking away some of my worry by explaining why the original thread was deleted, I wish that had been addressed earlier when their official explanation was posted.

Thanks, Megan!

Megan - ForumTech
The Janitor
Megan - ForumTech

• moxiegirl23 Said:

That does make a difference to me. Having that explanation makes me feel somewhat better, but I wish the entire situation had been handled better than it was. My trust is shaken in the company for several reasons (the thread being pulled without explanation and the official post where they essentially blamed the pens), and while I appreciate you coming in here and taking away some of my worry by explaining why the original thread was deleted, I wish that had been addressed earlier when their official explanation was posted.

Thanks, Megan!

Yeah. I do have a bad habit of leaving the computer every ONCE in awhile.

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

• moxiegirl23 Said:

Thanks, Megan!

Don't be too hard on yourself, Megan- everyone has to go potty and get more caffeine sometimes!

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

• moxiegirl23 Said:

Thanks, Megan!

I didn't even know you were allowed to do THAT!

Thanks for addressing this. I did notice some people not reading the info correctly and that it was ONLY ONE stack in question, probably one batch of that stack since an older one was tested as acid free. Didn't know about things getting misrepresented else where.

When something like this happened with 3M's ATG Gold tape, they not only reassured me that it was acid free, they asked where I heard the rumor. I wasn't the only one emailing them about that concern. I then able to copy and post their response to the thread that started all of it here. Never got farther than a short thread due to their quick response.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to Vivian loves BLING

Good morning, All!

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

Old thread:

• foltzy Said:
Sorry to leave you earlier without saying good bye but the baby woke up and he's had tummy problems all day and other things better not to mention and now he's sore so he woke up in pain. I put some powder on him and got him back to sleep and he's resting comfortably in my bed right now (He'll probably sleep there all night, poor guy). So I'm here to say good night and get back to him before he wakes up again in pain.

Night.

Poor little guy and poor you. I'd rather be sick any day than one of my little ones.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

Old thread:

• c-leaper Said:

And tonight the angel's name was Leann. That's the friend Kim and Ethan were with when they went back out to the fair. And this time they didn't let ESD keep them from seeing everything Kim wanted to see. She apparently saw him a few times, and just kept right on walking, pretending he wasn't there (tho' she was carrying Ethan at the time and admitted that she held him a little closer/tighter).

And apparently the "is she or isn't she an ex" wifey was sitting with him, too.

:shaking head:

That is one messed up bunch of people.

Yeah, and none of you need their stupid dramas in your lives.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

Look like I'm thread-jacking again.

Old thread:

• c-leaper Said:
  • DawnInAZ Said:

I can't believe my dad just told me what he told me.
I don't even remember exactly what we were discussing, but the subject turned to the baby.
He looked at me and said he can't allow himself to be around her alot since they are moving and it would break his heart to get so attached.

I understand why he feels that way, but just because they're moving doesn't mean he'll NEVER see her.

Of course, I'd be the one loving on the baby as much as possible for as long as possible with the hopeo that somehow, deep deep down, she'd remember the feeling that someone loved her very, very much.

I thought that way at first about Bradley, too, but decided I'd be kicking myself later for missed opportunities. I'm so glad I didn't cut myself out, even to protect myself. I'd rather have dealt with my broken heart than wonder about all the things I would have missed out on. Now I don't have any regrets on that score at all. I was there!

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

Old thread:

• hukneeb Said:
okay...I need to get off the pc, but wanted to update. I am going to try to get to bed already... but if I can't sleep, I will come and see if anyone else is on. Goodnight girls

Glad you're back.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

Waiting to hear from dd or son-in-law about when we should meet them at the restaurant for lunch. Bradley is insisting on staying here. Scared that once he's with his mom and dad that they'll take him back.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

• moxiegirl23 Said:

Scrapnut16
Diva
Scrapnut16

Is it noon yet? Why is it whenever you are going to be leaving work early time slows down?

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

Wanna preorder the new Stickles but can't. Got too many other things I've gotta do and I'm back to scrap fasting again.

Scrapnut16
Diva
Scrapnut16

I still need to buy some Stickles. Next paycheck maybe. Stuff just keeps coming up!

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

• scrappycath Said:
I hurt today.

I didn't treadmill the past few days, trying to see if that was causing extra pain. I don't think it can be narrowed down. It just happens

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

• Scrapnut16 Said:
Is it noon yet? Why is it whenever you are going to be leaving work early time slows down?

For the same reason a watched pot never boils.

KellyLeigh
Idol
KellyLeigh

• Scrapnut16 Said:

how exciting, what a fun day!

KellyLeigh
Idol
KellyLeigh

• scrappycath Said:
  • moxiegirl23 Said:

out of curiosity, how many colors of stickles are there exactly?

KellyLeigh
Idol
KellyLeigh
In response to leebla

• leebla Said:
  • moxiegirl23 Said:
  • leebla Said:

yeah, that's it...

I meant I don't know why it bothers me that he's home and I feel like I should be here. He'll probably work on his boat all day

I understand how you feel exactly. When Chris is gone I get so much more done and then can enjoy spending time with him in the evening as opposed to lazy-ing around all day and then feeling guilty about it.

KellyLeigh
Idol
KellyLeigh

• scrappycath Said:

Stomache is queezy - but I think that is from the extreme headache, which is from the spinal pain. Gonna pop some meds.

KellyLeigh
Idol
KellyLeigh

• moxiegirl23 Said:

I've hit quota for this quarter! No worries about deactivation until October.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to KellyLeigh

• KellyLeigh Said:
  • scrappycath Said:
  • moxiegirl23 Said:

35 regular one
12 Ice ones
18 new ones
65 total?

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

Hey, Kelly!

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

• KellyLeigh Said:
  • scrappycath Said:
  • moxiegirl23 Said:

35 regular one
12 Ice ones
18 new ones
65 total?

Yes.

35 Original
12 Ice
12 Distressed
6 Glitz
for a total of 65.

KellyLeigh
Idol
KellyLeigh

Waiting to hear from dd or son-in-law about when we should meet them at the restaurant for lunch. Bradley is insisting on staying here. Scared that once he's with his mom and dad that they'll take him back.

oh that's too cute!

KellyLeigh
Idol
KellyLeigh

65 colors, wow!!

I have 3 and I of them doesn't work, been meaning to take it back but afraid to go into the LSS for fearing of spending a ton of money.

I also have 5 colors of "Sparkles" which are the same thing in PSX brand, they are older... I think they came out before Stickles did...they make me mad though b/c I don't think they are acid free.

Edited by KellyLeigh on 07-25-08 06:27 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

how doesn't it work? You might just have a clog that needs to be cleared out.

KellyLeigh
Idol
KellyLeigh

I have a lot of things I need to get done today:

-take my broken camera to the shop
-get stuck with a needle for my PPD skin test (have to do this once/year for school)
-buy DD a VHS tape to record the Hannah Montana concert tonight
-maybe go to Walmart to get some groceris, may make what we have stretch until next week...
-finish a school assignment
-study for a couple of hours for my final exam that is the week after next
-do a load of laundry
-clean the kitchen and straighten the house (the kids will help with this one)
-scrapbook!! at least one layout I am hoping... I really want to reach my goal of 100 layouts for the year and I have a lot of catching up to do (only at 18 now)

so I better get going...ttyl...

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

• KellyLeigh Said:

oh that's too cute!

Seriously, I don't know why he likes here so much. I know he gets more attention at home than here. And there's less for him to do here. He's been getting time outs and not getting his way THAT much. He was like this when they lived next door. Any chance at coming over got him to clean his room, do whatever.

He's off with Papa. We're to meet at 11:15 at Thai Lotus.

Kelly, have you been there for lunch? It's got a little buffet but all the stuff is great. Not cheapo mega bar stuff and they have real sushi there for $8 all you can eat! Real tempura veggies, too.

DD loves that place. We'd order the buffet and then order a special sushi plate for stuff they didn't have on the buffet. Then we'd not eat the rest of the day.

KellyLeigh
Idol
KellyLeigh

• moxiegirl23 Said:

When I brought it home it never worked from the start. I tried sticking a needle down in it to no avail. Actually I am convinced that the Stickles themself are too thick or something...maybe I got a defective one? I was afraid to mess with it too much so that I can take it back. I know the lady at the LSS will get it working or exchange it- she is super sweet.

It is my yellow, and I needed it the other day

KellyLeigh
Idol
KellyLeigh

• KellyLeigh Said:

oh that's too cute!

Seriously, I don't know why he likes here so much. I know he gets more attention at home than here. And there's less for him to do here. He's been getting time outs and not getting his way THAT much. He was like this when they lived next door. Any chance at coming over got him to clean his room, do whatever.

He's off with Papa. We're to meet at 11:15 at Thai Lotus.

Kelly, have you been there for lunch? It's got a little buffet but all the stuff is great. Not cheapo mega bar stuff and they have real sushi there for $8 all you can eat! Real tempura veggies, too.

DD loves that place. We'd order the buffet and then order a special sushi plate for stuff they didn't have on the buffet. Then we'd not eat the rest of the day.

no, I've never been but it sounds really nice!

You know my kids are the same way- they love to be with my mom. I can remember being the same way with my grandparents too. I think that relationship is so important to a child.

KellyLeigh
Idol
KellyLeigh

ok, I am really going to get my hiney in gear now...

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

I called local camera shop about my wonky SLR camera that I loved and my digital camera that worked some of the time. When I talked to repair guy, he suggested new cameras since his repairs would cost me about that much.

I still have them with delusions of me fixing them myself.

riorabbit
Queen
riorabbit

Ok, I still find the DCWV thing odd... I Megan and sb.com , but still find that odd...

I honestly don't care because I have never been much of a DCWV fan. I just recently bought my first DCWV stack and I never planned to buy any of their cs (white core...ewww...).

However, if people are taking statements and altering them, that seems like all the MORE reason to leave it UP to me. That way people can refer back and see that they were WRONG or ALTERED. If you mop it, no one can look back and see it was altered?

If concerns are just about things that aren't true being said elsewhere, they can alter anything or make stuff up in general. They don't even need a legit thread to do that. So I would think keeping the real thing up so people CAN go back and see that NO, sb.com staff did NOT say that is then even more essential.

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to riorabbit

I'm so humped!

I don't have the phone number for the cottage my kid is staying at in Canada. I had it once upon a time and I can't find it. My mother doesn't answer her cell when they go to Canada, so calling her isn't an option (besides, I tried). I just left a message on what I hope is her husband's voicemail but now that I think about it, it was probably the house/office answering machine (maybe he'll call in and check it.) I also have a call into my aunt in case she has it.

I tried looking it up online, but I'm having problems finding the correct listing since I don't have the street address (but I can tell you exactly how to get there!)

I'm not worried, because I know she'll call eventually. I just want to know on my schedule and not my mothers.

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla

ugghh....I would be ticked too!

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to leebla

I am beating my head against a wall here...

boss is not here...people have invaded my space

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to leebla

It also doesn't help that their last name is the Quebecois equivilent of "Smith".

LeeLo
LeeLo 
Diva
LeeLo
  • LeeLo on 07-25-08 08:52 AM

Morning! I'm here on and off today.

jellyziva
Governor
jellyziva
In response to LeeLo

Hello Just checking in!

I have 1.75 hrs to scrap... BBL!

LeeLo
LeeLo 
Diva
LeeLo
  • LeeLo on 07-25-08 09:07 AM
In response to jellyziva

Have fun Shirley! I'm hoping next week I get some time to actually scrap...LOL...

I'm on vacation next week. We are going away for the first half of the week but I will have a day or two home before I have to go back to work. Those (besides catching up our laundry) will be my scrap days! I will not work hard on my vacation!!

LeeLo
LeeLo 
Diva
LeeLo
  • LeeLo on 07-25-08 09:12 AM
In response to LeeLo

Lunch is here...BBL

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to LeeLo

I do not feel like I am accomplishing anything. I should probably go home and get hubby to go to Vintage Motorcycle Days or something and if not, work from there.

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to LeeLo

I might have to buy a new printer. Waiting on the third call back from the tech. I think something fried inside which is causing the error. Labor charges start at $145, and a new printer starts at $80. It might be time to go back to using inkjet...

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

• moxiegirl23 Said:
I'm so humped!

I don't have the phone number for the cottage my kid is staying at in Canada. I had it once upon a time and I can't find it. My mother doesn't answer her cell when they go to Canada, so calling her isn't an option (besides, I tried). I just left a message on what I hope is her husband's voicemail but now that I think about it, it was probably the house/office answering machine (maybe he'll call in and check it.) I also have a call into my aunt in case she has it.

I tried looking it up online, but I'm having problems finding the correct listing since I don't have the street address (but I can tell you exactly how to get there!)

I'm not worried, because I know she'll call eventually. I just want to know on my schedule and not my mothers.

DawnInAZ
Queen
DawnInAZ

• scrappycath Said:

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla

Wow! Where is everyone today?
I was reaching the pulling my hair out stage, and thought I'd pop in here, and only 2 posts since I was here last.

On the upside, I'm pretty sure our safety and compliance officer is sitting in Phili pulling her hair out along with me.

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to leebla

okay 3 posts now...Dawny popped in while I was typing.

riorabbit
Queen
riorabbit
In response to DawnInAZ

I read one more chapter of school work (I lumped them in groups of two in the siggy so I can't mark it off yet though).

Then I realized I reallllly must take my midterm today for an online class. So I am now studying to go take it in a few minutes. I am however dressed, cleaned up, and doing fairly well at studying so I hope to at least get that done soon....

riorabbit
Queen
riorabbit
In response to leebla

• leebla Said:
Wow! Where is everyone today?
I was reaching the pulling my hair out stage, and thought I'd pop in here, and only 2 posts since I was here last.

On the upside, I'm pretty sure our safety and compliance officer is sitting in Phili pulling her hair out along with me.

I think some of the other threads (megan's game) and such got others attention more.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to leebla

I just got back from lunch with dd and her dh. Bradley will stay with us until Sunday when we drive him back home. He's happy about it. Missed his nap so hoping to put him to bed early.

LeeLo
LeeLo 
Diva
LeeLo
  • LeeLo on 07-25-08 11:27 AM
In response to DawnInAZ

It's been quiet here this afternoon!

DawnInAZ
Queen
DawnInAZ

Wanna preorder the new Stickles but can't. Got too many other things I've gotta do and I'm back to scrap fasting again.

Same here.

DawnInAZ
Queen
DawnInAZ

• KellyLeigh Said:
  • moxiegirl23 Said:

When I brought it home it never worked from the start. I tried sticking a needle down in it to no avail. Actually I am convinced that the Stickles themself are too thick or something...maybe I got a defective one? I was afraid to mess with it too much so that I can take it back. I know the lady at the LSS will get it working or exchange it- she is super sweet.

I just snip off the tip and it works great.

KellyLeigh
Idol
KellyLeigh
In response to LeeLo

not sure if anyone remembers me talking about Chris' dad last week but I wanted to let you all know that he passed away this afternoon

KellyLeigh
Idol
KellyLeigh

I called local camera shop about my wonky SLR camera that I loved and my digital camera that worked some of the time. When I talked to repair guy, he suggested new cameras since his repairs would cost me about that much.

I still have them with delusions of me fixing them myself.

my camera cost $240 and ritz wanted $170 to fix it so I brought it back home. My step dad said to change the battery....well Chris took the battery out and put it back in again and it turned on. Still trying to get the gunk cleaned out (we spilled something on it evidently) but it is working for now.

Edited by KellyLeigh on 07-25-08 11:38 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

DawnInAZ
Queen
DawnInAZ
In response to leebla

• leebla Said:
I am beating my head against a wall here...

boss is not here...people have invaded my space

yikes, that would rile me.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to DawnInAZ

• DawnInAZ Said:
  • KellyLeigh Said:
  • moxiegirl23 Said:

I just snip off the tip and it works great.

Not really a good idea. You make the hole wider, leave an area of air in cap, too. By making the hole wider, you've not ended up with regular glitter glue practically.

I find either a thin sharp needle inserted WHILE squeezing the bottle works best to break up the clog.

KellyLeigh
Idol
KellyLeigh

I don't want to snip b/c then they might not take it back. I will try the needle while squeezing though.

DawnInAZ
Queen
DawnInAZ

• KellyLeigh Said:
not sure if anyone remembers me talking about Chris' dad last week but I wanted to let you all know that he passed away this afternoon

sorry to hear that

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

• KellyLeigh Said:

How is Chris doing? How are you doing?

DawnInAZ
Queen
DawnInAZ

• KellyLeigh Said:
I don't want to snip b/c then they might not take it back. I will try the needle while squeezing though.

Um, stand back when you do that.
Otherwise you will be BLINGED!!

Page 1 of 26 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics