Page 1 of 15 
Username Post: Virtual Crop Week 78 Happy labor Day Weekend        (Topic#1477441)
moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

What is this thread about?

Well, things get quiet here on the weekends, so a thread was started to just hang out and do a virtual crop. Since then it's grown into more. Several people are now "regular" including myself. We chat about anything and everything. (Warning: Sometimes we stray into areas that may be considered "adult," although we always try to be tasteful about it.) We share our latest layouts, pictures, whatever interests us. We have fun and encourage each other.

It's now all week long, too. Since it is a new thread each week, it's easier for anyone to join. Even though we start over each week, it's STILL pages and pages long. Don't be intimidated, we are happy to have anyone drop by and say hello. Some of us read all the replies and keep up, but it is not required. Warning: It can get addictive!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Please leave updates about yourself here in the update blog and also here in the Prayer Request Blog. This is for those who can't be online as much as they would like to be. At least this way, there's highlights from this thread.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Most of us also really love BLING and encourage bling usage...some to the point of "pimping" but hey, whatever gets the blingy point across!

Come visit Our Gallery to meet some of the irregular regulars!

So come on! Don't be bashful! And don't be afraid of the fact that this thread MOVES. Just jump in wherever we are, and we'll be glad to get you caught up on what's happening. We never know what we're going to talk about or how silly we will get.

WARNING: Reading of, or participation in, this thread could result in food or drink being sprayed across your computer or sleepless nights ... Just read responsibly.

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to moxiegirl23

Good morning!

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

Hi Liz

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath
In response to scrappycath

Another sleep deprived night last night. I need to figure out what is going on in my sons body/head to make him unable to sleep!

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

Hi Cathy!

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

Coffee is my friend!

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla

morning!

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

I go into the office this morning, but need to releive my sitter at lunchtime. So I work from home tis afternoon. With one wired/sleep deprived child, one that got so banged up at football practice last night he is bruised and hurting and not moving so well, and one that well - he's just always a scooch!

But I wouldn't trade for anything in the world!!!

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla

morning

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

I love coffee. But you knew that!

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

I go into the office this morning, but need to releive my sitter at lunchtime. So I work from home this afternoon. How well do you think that will go? With one wired/sleep deprived child, one that got so banged up at football practice last night he is bruised and hurting and not moving so well, and one that well - he's just always a scooch!

But honestly, I wouldn't trade for anything in the world!!!

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla

morning!

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

I'm having a posting problem

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

I love coffee. But you knew that!

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla

morning

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

i love coffee, but we knew that.

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

test

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

Testing, testing, is it working yet?

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

Those of you that are reading these double posts later in the day - sorry you are getting so dizzy!

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

yeah, it's not us, it's the site.

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla

uh, huh....I'm sure they believe that, and not that the 3 of us are nuts!

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

My plans for the weekend are:
Football
Clean like crazy
Grocery shop
Laundry
Football (yes again)
Host a BBQ for friends
Clean like crazy
paint the bathroom trim
Final prep for school
Attend a BBQ with DH's nephew and meet the new baby
and I forget what else.

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath
In response to leebla

• leebla Said:
uh, huh....I'm sure they believe that, and not that the 3 of us are nuts!

Well, we are still nuts. Somethings don't change!

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to leebla

Hey Susan, there is a new girl on the Ohio thread who says she lives 30 minutes south of Columbus! You were looking for locals!

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

Oh I know one other thing.....

Take dog to get stitches out!

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

John wants to go Christmas shopping tomorrow. I need to go to the last store on my list and either do a fluff or a full return.

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

Did I tell you the latest thing to succumb to the dogs teeth?

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla

• scrappycath Said:
My plans for the weekend are:
Football
Clean like crazy
Grocery shop
Laundry
Football (yes again)
Host a BBQ for friends
Clean like crazy
paint the bathroom trim
Final prep for school
Attend a BBQ with DH's nephew and meet the new baby
and I forget what else.

okay, I'm tired just reading that!

I was ordered to rest this weekend...even if it means staying home from the lake. Hubby says I coughed all night last night and I am ordered to rest.

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

no...

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla

• scrappycath Said:

can it be worse than Chief's obsession with underwear?

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

• SticklesQueenMoxie Said:
John wants to go Christmas shopping tomorrow. I need to go to the last store on my list and either do a fluff or a full return.

Typically I start Christmas shopping in the summer. Casually - if I see something I buy/order it. But I dont' plan a Christmas shopping trip before Halloween!!

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla

or pens, or pencils, or tape rollers, or bottles, or shoe insoles (not the shoes--he pulls the insoles out!)

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath
In response to leebla

• leebla Said:
  • scrappycath Said:

can it be worse than Chief's obsession with underwear?

Yes.

She ate a corner off a quilt that my mother made for me. It's a cool quilt, she used really bright wonderful colors and made one side of the quilt look like magic/pixie dust and the other side is shaped as puzzle pieces (for autism). But she did not use the traditional primary colors. She wanted to make it more personal and less subtle what it was all about.

To mean it represents hope.

But not hope for Pepper!

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

Dear presidential candidates. Instead of telling me that your opponant doesn't get it and that's why I should vote for you, how about you tell me what you get and exactly how, step by step, you plan on making my life better. Concepts like giving me hope is not going to get my vote, actual substance is what will win my vote.

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

Cathy

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath
In response to leebla

• leebla Said:
or pens, or pencils, or tape rollers, or bottles, or shoe insoles (not the shoes--he pulls the insoles out!)

Pepper has now eaten severl harnesses, every blanket or towel we used to make her crate comfy, a fuive gallon plastic tub, a couch, a recliner, the cats food bowls, the quilt and countless toys!!!

And she did chew up some uderwear too!

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

the only thing my dogs ever ate was a linoleum floor.

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

Dear presidential candidates. Instead of telling me that your opponant doesn't get it and that's why I should vote for you, how about you tell me what you get and exactly how, step by step, you plan on making my life better. Concepts like giving me hope is not going to get my vote, actual substance is what will win my vote.

If you can get this to happen..... you should be in the white house!

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla

I heard a big long list of things last night...It would be a miracle if he accomplished half of it unless Congress loosens up a little, but....there was quite the list.

I need to hear some speeches next week...I need to hear about change next week.

foltzy
foltzy 
Governor
foltzy

morning.

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

My typing is especially atrocious today!

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

SJ is still down. At least we're up here.

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

Hi Liz Foltzy!

foltzy
foltzy 
Governor
foltzy

Hi Cathy

scrappycath
Queen
scrappycath

And now I've got to get ready to head off to the office!

Be back this afternoon. If not sooner!

foltzy
foltzy 
Governor
foltzy

Bye Cathy

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to leebla

• leebla Said:

I heard a big long list of things last night...It would be a miracle if he accomplished half of it unless Congress loosens up a little, but....there was quite the list.

Next week might not happen. There's talk of postponing the RNC because of Gustav. Right now landfall is projected to be Tuesday in the LA area as a Cat 3 hurricane.

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla

• scrappycath Said:
  • leebla Said:

Pepper has now eaten severl harnesses, every blanket or towel we used to make her crate comfy, a fuive gallon plastic tub, a couch, a recliner, the cats food bowls, the quilt and countless toys!!!

And she did chew up some uderwear too!

We bought a metal chain leash so he can't eat that! no more blankets in the crate. the recliner he didn't so much eat as scratched and clawed and pulled because his ball was stuck under there and not one of my children could get off their @sses to find out why the dog was having a fit!

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

Morning Liz

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla

• leebla Said:

Next week might not happen. There's talk of postponing the RNC because of Gustav. Right now landfall is projected to be Tuesday in the LA area as a Cat 3 hurricane.

Wow! Now that must be a logistical nightmare, but impressive!

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to leebla

Hi Liz!

foltzy
foltzy 
Governor
foltzy
In response to leebla

Morning Liz
Morning Elizabeth

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to foltzy

I need to read Obama's speech. Later today, after I wake up more.

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla

I missed the end of it. I fell asleep.

Scrapnut16
Diva
Scrapnut16
In response to leebla

I forgot that today was new thread day!

Morning everyone!

Well our computer officially has the nasty trojan virus. DH is going to take it to a friend of ours to see what he can do. We got this same virus about a year ago and he had to wipe our whole hard drive clean. So this time DH is going to ask him what the best virus protection is even if we have to pay for it. I'd rather do that then keep getting the same virus. So needless to say I am only going to have a computer at work. So I'll be on today, next Tuesday, next Wednesday and next Thursday. Then I'll be on vacation and won't be back on until the 15th.

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to Scrapnut16

Oh Susan!

foltzy
foltzy 
Governor
foltzy
In response to leebla

Susan, computer viruses stink.

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to foltzy

Yuck Susan!

Scrapnut16
Diva
Scrapnut16
In response to leebla

• leebla Said:
Hey Susan, there is a new girl on the Ohio thread who says she lives 30 minutes south of Columbus! You were looking for locals!

Thanks Elizabeth! I'll check it out!

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla

okay, I read the rest of the speech.

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to leebla

ooooh! Breaking news speculation is that McCain is choosing a woman VP. I wish I was in Dayton today for the unveiling.

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla

I didn't know there was even a woman on his list of possibles!?!

See, THAT makes me suspect. I am sorta tired of the race card with Obama. I don't think he plays it (other than his MLK reference last night), but pro-Obama and anti-Obama people do....he's half white. He was raised by a white mother and white grandparents in the mid-west.

But I think McCain picking a woman would just be a ploy to compete with the Hillary/Obama thing.

Please don't hate me because I'm politically ignorant and mistrustful.

Scrapnut16
Diva
Scrapnut16
In response to leebla

I won't hate you, Elizabeth. Heck I can't even decide which candidate I am going to vote for. I don't like or trust either one of them.

Edited by Scrapnut16 on 08-29-08 04:30 AM. Reason for edit: No reason given.

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to leebla

• leebla Said:
I didn't know there was even a woman on his list of possibles!?!

See, THAT makes me suspect. I am sorta tired of the race card with Obama. I don't think he plays it (other than his MLK reference last night), but pro-Obama and anti-Obama people do....he's half white. He was raised by a white mother and white grandparents in the mid-west.

But I think McCain picking a woman would just be a ploy to compete with the Hillary/Obama thing.

Please don't hate me because I'm politically ignorant and mistrustful.

The speculation is based on reports of a private jet with McCain people on it coming to Dayton today, where the VP will be announced. I think it's a viable tactic to win the Hillary voters and to combat the age issue, since the Alaskan gov, who is rumored to be on said jet, is a 44 year old woman. From a winning the campaign standpoint, it's a great move. I don't know if it's a good move for the country.

I am leaning towards McCain for the simple reason that Obama's record and friends scare me. To me, it shows bad judgement and that he's more interested in being a politician than actually doing the job of politics.

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla

I need to hear McCain's speech. I need to hear him say why it is not going to be 4 more years of the same old.
I don't trust anyone during a campaign. They all promise things they can't carry out. The truth is a president can want to do everything and anything he promises, but he isn't the sole factor. It isn't just a handbook he can delete one page and add another. He has to fight Congress and lobbyists and other people.

But if john McCain truly voted with George Bush 90% of the time, and I look at where we are today, and what our economy is like, and even locally how many factories and businesses in MY town that have been here for 100 years have closed up in the last couple years.....I gotta know that something is going to change somewhere. And if McCain can convince me he can do that, then his experience and my doubts about some things with Obama might win. But if not, I have to weigh by doubts with Obama with the possibility he might have a shot at even some of the change.

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to leebla

I deal with people every day with life threatening health issues that can't accept treatment unless their insurance approves it. because they can't afford it any other way. And I have at LEAST one person a week, who has NO insurance, no job, no money...

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to leebla

Honestly, I think the only thing that is truly going to save this country is to fire the entire Congress and start fresh. They all seem to be more interested in keeping their jobs rather than doing them.

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla

I agree!

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

I don't think everything is Bush's fault. I think part of the problem is that so many people hate Bush that a)they're willing to blame him for everything and b) so many people in Congress hate him that they want to thwart him as much as possible, hence all the stupid amendments and pork attached to vetoed and killed bills. I think he made big mistakes, but I cannot honestly blame him for everything bad that has happened, especially since so much of it has happened in the past two years under a Democratically controlled Congress. If Bush is the root of all Evil, wouldn't having Pelosi and Reid in charge of Congress have made things better instead of worse?

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla

I don't think Bush is the root of all evil...I agree with you. But I need to hear John McCain say his Republican administration is going to be differnt than the current Republican administration and he has a way to begin to heal that and work with Congress.

Since we can't fire the entire Congress and start over. Maybe change for the sake of change isn't such a bad notion. I don't know, but for the last month in Ohio I swear every McCain ad has just been negative and it makes me kinda sick. Heck the Republicans are even using Hillary snipets from when she was running against him against Obama...

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to leebla

Oh, and all the ******** attached to Bills and ammendments makes me crazy. I'll vote for you to be world's greatest CM consultant and make 3x as much money if you add onto that, that I can be queen of the universe and have people worship me.

If you want to pass a law that says it is illegal to spit on the sidewalk, it should not say in the fine print it is illegal to write the number 3 backwards. Just pass the dang law you intended and fight the other one seperately.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

Good morning. Catching up from old thread...

• jelly97 Said:
We're going crawfishing this weekend!

Vivian.. did you once post a website about crawfishing here? I've go search for it.. but if you have it, please PM me... thanks!!!

No, I posted about crabbing. I may have mentioned ds's pet crawfish. It's huge!!! He of course caught it himself. They're not hard to catch once you know where to find them.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING
In response to Vivian loves BLING

Kim, my MIL made a wonderful album for her dd concerning her adoption. Had all sorts of journaling and pix and a really wonderful quote about no child is "accidentally" adopted. Each is really and truly wanted. Her dd looked at it all the time growing up.

I have two adopted sisters and I'm closer to them then to either of my brothers.

I hope that once ds is moved out and dh and I get some time together alone, we may adopt or foster older children. Placement for them is much harder than for younger children or babies. It's something that's always been on my heart to do. Lord willing, it's not too far from happening.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

• jelly97 Said:
  • foltzy Said:
Just finished my Wii Fit for the night. Steadily I'm losing some weight. I started at *** and am now ** so I've lost like a 1 1/2 since I started. Really it's just fun and I'm enjoying it and can't wait to do it again but don't want to push it either. I've now worked my way up to 30 minutes.

I know.. I'm glad you're having fun. It's sooooo much fun, I hardly play the Wii tennis anymore.. although I got a set of baseball bat/tennis rack peripherals for it at Costco. I'm on Wii Fit all the time.. now that I've unlocked a lot more 'games'....

I have the hardest time with the balance games, eg the ski run .. I got it right once.. but lost it again. That's the one that DH spent 30 min on trying to beat all of my scores!

I haven't lost any weight though.. I'm just around the fluctuation (2 lbs per day during different times of the day). I really need to work on my abs. I was wearing a more flowing dress on Sun and a lady came up to ask me if I was pregnant.

I need to do the 'crazy eights' my kickboxing/step instructor taught us...

The yoga will really help with the abs and balance.

I know it's weird but since we got the new furniture, it's been hard for me to work out with the Wii. I used to move our two recliners apart for additional floor space and I can't do that any more. Plus I've been really focused on the building. I hope to get back into working out, next month. Praying things will settle down next month. I still do some of the yoga positions but just not on the board.

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla

So Liz, have you used your Glitz Stickles yet?

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

Now to catch up on here before going out to the building. I hope to post pix today.

LeeLo
LeeLo 
Diva
LeeLo
  • LeeLo on 08-29-08 05:26 AM

Morning!

foltzy
foltzy 
Governor
foltzy
In response to LeeLo

Morning Leah

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla

I know other people dread their kids going back to school....

but do you know how nice it is to be able to sit here and work at my desk without stereos blasting, doors slamming, things being thrown, people yelling.....

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to leebla

• leebla Said:
I don't think Bush is the root of all evil...I agree with you. But I need to hear John McCain say his Republican administration is going to be differnt than the current Republican administration and he has a way to begin to heal that and work with Congress.

Since we can't fire the entire Congress and start over. Maybe change for the sake of change isn't such a bad notion. I don't know, but for the last month in Ohio I swear every McCain ad has just been negative and it makes me kinda sick. Heck the Republicans are even using Hillary snipets from when she was running against him against Obama...

Which is why when Bob Barr was on Glenn Beck last night, I paid more attention to him than I have ever paid to a third party candidate.

I'm sick of the negative campaigning on both sides. I'm sick of the ads and the misdirection. I just wish that one of them had the balls to say that this is what i believe in, this is what I have done and screw you all if you don't like it.

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to leebla

geez...I how can I work so many hours in one week and still be so far behind in paperwork??

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to leebla

• leebla Said:
So Liz, have you used your Glitz Stickles yet?

Yes, I have. I used the grape to color in Lettering for Winnie Bear's Minneapolis book and the tiara to color in a doodling template design I created. I'll try to get around to scanning both soon.

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to leebla

So Liz...have you used your Glitz Stickles yet?

Scrapnut16
Diva
Scrapnut16
In response to leebla

Morning Leah

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla
In response to leebla

I really like them! I wasn't sure how different they could be, but they are!

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

I got a letter in the mail for an anxiety med trial, so I called yesterday and took the pre-screening questionaire just in case I'm nutty enough to get in and get some free meds.

The center just called to do a follow up questionnaire. I swear I could hear the woman drooling as she's asking me the questions and I'm giving my answers, symptoms, etc.

I go get officially diagnosed for the study next Thursday!

LeeLo
LeeLo 
Diva
LeeLo
  • LeeLo on 08-29-08 05:34 AM
In response to leebla

I'm SO glad it is Friday. Looking forward to the three day weekend.

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

And that phone survey was why it took so long for my post to come through, I was in the middle of typing my thoughts when the phone rang.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

I don't even want to waste time with any of the speeches or rhetoric from either side. I want to see past voting records. That's the most honesty we can get. There's usually a site that lists those things of any political figure, running for any national position. A simple how he/she voted on abortion, war on terrorism, and other large issues. Most votes are foot noted like "Pro-life but voted Pro-choice due to..." Very interesting to see what they really hold as important but will sacrifice for some other agenda.

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

• Scrapnut16 Said:
I forgot that today was new thread day!

Morning everyone!

Well our computer officially has the nasty trojan virus. DH is going to take it to a friend of ours to see what he can do. We got this same virus about a year ago and he had to wipe our whole hard drive clean. So this time DH is going to ask him what the best virus protection is even if we have to pay for it. I'd rather do that then keep getting the same virus. So needless to say I am only going to have a computer at work. So I'll be on today, next Tuesday, next Wednesday and next Thursday. Then I'll be on vacation and won't be back on until the 15th.

Yikes. Good reminder to make back ups.

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

I got a letter in the mail for an anxiety med trial, so I called yesterday and took the pre-screening questionaire just in case I'm nutty enough to get in and get some free meds.

The center just called to do a follow up questionnaire. I swear I could hear the woman drooling as she's asking me the questions and I'm giving my answers, symptoms, etc.

I go get officially diagnosed for the study next Thursday!

Good to feel wanted, huh?

Vivian loves BLING
Deity
Vivian loves BLING

• scrappycath Said:
Another sleep deprived night last night. I need to figure out what is going on in my sons body/head to make him unable to sleep!

So it's not his diet? No Monster/entergy type drinks? Could he be slightly bi-polar and in a manic phase?

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23

• Vivian loves BLING Said:

I don't even want to waste time with any of the speeches or rhetoric from either side. I want to see past voting records. That's the most honesty we can get. There's usually a site that lists those things of any political figure, running for any national position. A simple how he/she voted on abortion, war on terrorism, and other large issues. Most votes are foot noted like "Pro-life but voted Pro-choice due to..." Very interesting to see what they really hold as important but will sacrifice for some other agenda.

how do you feel about someone who voted "present" for a majority of votes

LeeLo
LeeLo 
Diva
LeeLo
  • LeeLo on 08-29-08 05:43 AM

Susan...do you have any type of anti-virus program on your computer right now?

Scrapnut16
Diva
Scrapnut16
In response to LeeLo

Yes...I don't remember what it's called though. It is one of the free ones.

moxiegirl23
Queen
moxiegirl23
In response to LeeLo

I have an outstanding debt from my previous marriage that I'm paying off. I thought I took care of it at one point, then I hoped it would just go away, and now I'm dealing with it. I have a payment plan set up and by the end of the year it will be off my radar for good. They contacted me last Friday about it and I took care of it over the phone.

They just called for the fourth time since Monday wondering about when I was going to take care of it. I blew up at the person, complained of being harrassed since they haven't stopped calling since I started making good on the debt. I also explained that I was told I would not be contacted again until between September 10 and 15 and if they called me again, I would contemplate legal action for harrassment as they are legally obligated to not harrass me even to collect a debt. It seems I never got taken off the auto dialer after I made a payment or the first, second or third time I spoke to someone this week. We'll see if they do it.

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla

• Vivian loves BLING Said:

how do you feel about someone who voted "present" for a majority of votes

leebla
leebla 
Queen
leebla

• Scrapnut16 Said:
Yes...I don't remember what it's called though. It is one of the free ones.

some of the free ones are actually pretty good, if you remember to update them and run them. When we asked my hubby's IT guys abotu antivirus, they actually recommended some of them, and recommend more than one actually...some catch stuff that others miss

Page 1 of 15 
Permissions Topic Options
Recent Topics